Genomes and Genes
dibutyryl cyclic gmp
Summary: N-(1-Oxobutyl)-cyclic 3',5'-(hydrogen phosphate)-2'-butanoate guanosine. A derivative of cyclic GMP. It has a higher resistance to extracellular and intracellular phosphodiesterase than cyclic GMP.
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- The ANP-cGMP-protein kinase G pathway induces a phagocytic phenotype but decreases inflammatory gene expression in microglial cellsMariela Susana Borán
Institute of Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain
Glia 56:394-411. 2008..These results suggest that stimulation of the ANP-cGMP-PKG pathway in microglia could play a beneficial role in the resolution of neuroinflammation by removing dead cells and decreasing levels of proinflammatory mediators...
- Immunochemical characterization of the gap junction protein connexin45 in mouse kidney and transfected human HeLa cellsA Butterweck
Institut für Genetik Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat, Bonn, Germany
J Membr Biol 141:247-56. 1994..The Cx45 antibodies characterized in this paper should be useful for investigations of Cx45 in renal gap junctional communication...
- Effect of inhibitors of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases on electrical and contractile activity of smooth muscle cellsI V Kovalev
Department of Biophysics, Siberian Medical University, Tomsk
Bull Exp Biol Med 133:38-40. 2002..Vinpocetine (1 microM) and dibutyryl-cAMP (100 microM) strengthened contraction of smooth muscle cells and shortened action potentials by decreasing sodium permeability of their membrane...
- Signal transduction in the ductuli efferentes testis of the rat: inhibition of fluid reabsorption by cyclic adenosine 3', 5'-monophosphateS Y Man
Discipline of Biological Sciences, University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia 2308
Biol Reprod 69:1714-8. 2003..Pentoxifylline also increased the production of cAMP (4-fold) by ducts incubated in vitro. It is concluded that cAMP, but probably not cGMP, is an intracellular messenger regulating fluid reabsorption in the efferent ducts...
- Malnutrition impairs alveolar fluid clearance in rat lungsTsutomu Sakuma
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Kanazawa Medical University, 1 1 Daigaku, Uchinada, Ishikawa 920 0293, Japan
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L1268-74. 2004....
- Regulation of interleukin-1beta and interleukin-1beta inhibitor release by human airway epithelial cellsY Yang
761 Parkinson Pavilion, Temple University Hospital, 3401 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA, 19140, USA
Eur Respir J 24:360-6. 2004..Tumour necrosis factor-alpha, cyclic adenosine monophosphate and cyclic guanosine monophosphate may potentiate mucosal inflammation by increasing interleukin-1beta levels relative to those of its inhibitors in the airway mucosa...
- Protein kinase A activity and protein phosphorylation during the mouse sperm acrosomal reactionN Kuji
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Keio University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Androl 51:55-64. 2005..The acrosomal reaction, induced by the treatment of sperm with dibutyryl cyclic AMP or dibutyryl cyclic GMP, was inhibited by H-8...
- Nitric oxide inhibits gastric acid secretion by increasing intraparietal cell levels of cGMP in isolated human gastric glandsAnna Berg
Div of Cell Biology, Dept of Biomedicine and Surgery, Linkoping University, Sweden
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 289:G1061-6. 2005..Furthermore, the results show that NO-induced inhibition of gastric acid secretion is a cGMP-dependent mechanism in the parietal cell involving the activation of GC...
- Activators of the PKA and PKG pathways attenuate RhoA-mediated suppression of the KDR current in cerebral arteriesKevin D Luykenaar
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H2654-63. 2007....
- Nitric oxide and cGMP signaling in calcium-dependent development of cell polarity in Ceratopteris richardiiMari L Salmi
Section of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Plant Physiol 144:94-104. 2007..richardii spores. Sequence data from this article can be found in the GenBank/EMBL data libraries under accession numbers BE 640669 to BE 643506, BQ 086920 to BQ 087668, and CV 734654 to CV 736151...
- ANF(1-28) is a potent suppressor of pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC) mRNA but a weak inhibitor of beta EP-LI release from AtT-20 cellsT T Tan
Cell Biology Unit, Mental Health Research Institute of Victoria, Royal Park Hospital, Parkville, Australia
J Endocrinol 143:R1-4. 1994..Thus, it raises the possibility that hypothalamic ANF may likewise modulate the function of the pituitary-adrenal axis through exerting a greater effect on inhibiting the production than the secretion of pituitary ACTH...
- Role of intrinsic nitrergic neurones on vagally mediated striated muscle contractions in the hamster oesophagusNoriaki Izumi
Department of Pathogenetic Veterinary Science, United Graduate School, Gifu University, Yanagido 1 1, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
J Physiol 551:287-94. 2003..NONOate, a nitric oxide donor, and dibutyryl cyclic GMP inhibited twitch contractions...
- Decreases in Ca2+-dependent K+-currents due to cyclic guanosine monophosphate are not dependent on phosphorylationE I Solntseva
Science Research Institute of the Brain, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow
Neurosci Behav Physiol 32:317-22. 2002..These results lead to the conclusion that decreased conductivity of Ca2+-dependent K+ channels occurring in response to cGMP is not associated with phosphorylation...
- Aquaporin-1 is recruited to the plasma membrane by hyperosmotic stimuli via a protein kinase A-dependent pathway in rat peritoneal mesothelial cellsTsutomu Sakurada
St Marianna University School of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Kawasaki, Japan
Adv Perit Dial 20:37-42. 2004..From those findings, we hypothesize that 5% glucose augments the PKA-dependent translocation of AQP1 to the plasma membrane, mediated by PKA translocation to the intracellular AQP1 store...
- Resumption of meiosis induced by meiosis-activating sterol has a different signal transduction pathway than spontaneous resumption of meiosis in denuded mouse oocytes cultured in vitroI Faerge
Fertility Team, SAC 2 02, Novo Nordisk A S, 2820 Gentofte, Denmark
Biol Reprod 65:1751-8. 2001..Pertussis toxin (2.5 microg/ml) did not influence resumption of meiosis in either group. Dibutyryl cyclic GMP (320 microM) inhibited FF-MAS-induced GVBD, but not spontaneous GVBD, whereas the subtype 5 ..
- Autonomous expression of aromatase during development of mouse brain is modulated by neurotransmittersS Abe-Dohmae
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute for Comprehensive Medical Science, Fujita Health University, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 61:299-306. 1997....
- Evidence for cyclic GMP in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, and studies on its possible role in growthH Eckstein
, Hamburg, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 43:386-96. 1988..None of the agents has significant effects on the level of cyclic AMP. The results suggest that cyclic GMP possibly controls an early step of mitosis, whereas ADP-ribosylation might govern a subsequent event...
- Dinoprostone potentiates cytokines and lipopolysaccharides inducing nitric oxide production in cultured rat hepatocytesG L Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Beijing Medical University, China
Zhongguo Yao Li Xue Bao 20:262-6. 1999..To study the effects of dinoprostone (Din) on nitric oxide (NO) production induced by lipopolysaccharides (LPS) and cytokines mixture (CM) in cultured rat hepatocytes, and the role of cAMP signaling pathway in the induction process...
- Cyclic GMP mediates the agonist-stimulated increase in plasma membrane calcium entry in the pancreatic acinar cellS J Pandol
Department of Medicine, Veterans Administration, San Diego, California
J Biol Chem 265:12846-53. 1990..The addition of dibutyryl cyclic GMP to LY83583-treated acini restored Ca2+ influx across the plasma membrane...
- Inhibitory action of alpha-human atrial natriuretic peptide on noradrenaline-induced synthesis of myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate in the smooth muscle cells of rabbit aortaJ Kajikuri
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 99:536-40. 1990..5. Prazosin (5 microM) but not dibutyryl cyclic GMP (db-cyclic GMP; 100 microM) blocked the hydrolysis of PI-P2 induced by 5 microM NA...
- Identification and characterization of a novel freezing inducible gene, li16, in the wood frog Rana sylvaticaJ Dayre McNally
Institute of Biochemistry and Department of Biology, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6
FASEB J 16:902-4. 2002..The strong response of li16 to both freezing and anoxia, and the rapid down-regulation of the gene when oxygen was reintroduced, suggest that the Li16 protein may play a role in ischemia resistance during freezing...
- Expression of nitric oxide synthases and in vitro migration of eosinophils from allergic rhinitis subjectsHeloisa H A Ferreira
Clinical Pharmacology and Gastroenterology Unit USF, USF, Braganca Paulista SP, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 442:155-62. 2002..SIN-1) and S-nitroso-N-acetyl-penicillamine, whereas the inhibition by ODQ was restored by dibutyryl cyclic GMP. In conclusion, both endothelial and inducible NO synthase isoforms are absent in allergic rhinitis ..
- Vagal inhibition of gastric acid secretion: evidence for cholecystokinin as the inhibitory transmitter in the mouse stomachJ S Davison
Department of Medical Physiology, University of Calgary, Alta, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 65:1937-41. 1987..The inhibitory vagal response was blocked by dibutyryl cyclic GMP, an established cholecystokinin antagonist which abolished cholecystokinin-mediated inhibition of acid ..
- A distinctive electrophysiological signature from the Peyer's patches of rabbit intestineD J Brayden
Elan Corporation Research Institute, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Br J Pharmacol 113:593-9. 1994..2. Carbachol caused a decrease in Isc in rabbit PP epithelia. Forskolin, dibutyryl cyclic GMP, histamine and the calcium ionophore, A23187, were without effect...
- Protection of tyrosine aminotransferase against proteolytic digestion by nucleotide derivativesK K Kohli
Department of Biochemistry, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033
Biochim Biophys Acta 956:77-84. 1988..Arguments are presented against the involvement of the protective effect in the actions of dibutyryl cyclic nucleotides on tyrosine aminotransferase in cells...
- cGMP inhibits L-type Ca2+ channel currents through protein phosphorylation in rat pinealocytesC L Chik
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Neurosci 15:3104-9. 1995....
- Effects of dibutyryl guanosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate and sodium nitroprusside in pepsinogen secretion from guinea pig chief cells with respect to intracellular Ca2+N Okayama
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya City University Medical School, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1268:185-90. 1995..These results suggest that intracellular cGMP may inhibit pepsinogen secretion by reducing the intracellular free Ca2+ concentration...
- Cyclic GMP/cyclic GMP-dependent protein kinase system prevents excitotoxicity in an immortalized oligodendroglial cell lineA Yoshioka
Department of Neurology, Kanazawa Medical University, Uchinada, Ishikawa, Japan
J Neurochem 74:633-40. 2000..Kainate-induced injury was prevented by cyclic GMP analogues (8-bromo-cyclic GMP and dibutyryl cyclic GMP), a guanylate cyclase activator [atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP)], and phosphodiesterase inhibitors [3-..
- Growth hormone-releasing factor increases somatostatin release and mRNA levels in the rat periventricular nucleus via nitric oxide by activation of guanylate cyclaseM C Aguila
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 8873
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:782-6. 1994..The nitric oxide diffuses to the adjacent SRIF neurons, where it activates guanylate cyclase, leading to increased formation of cGMP. This cGMP increases SRIF mRNA and SRIF release in the periventricular nuclei of male rats...
- Role of carbonic anhydrase in basal and stimulated bicarbonate secretion by the guinea pig duodenumR Muallem
Gastroenterology Institute, Soroka Medical Center, Beer Sheva, Israel
Dig Dis Sci 39:1078-84. 1994..In conclusion, carbonic anhydrase is required for both basal and stimulated duodenal HCO3- secretion...
- Effects of aging on the microclimate pH of the rat jejunumM Ikuma
First Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1280:19-26. 1996..The acidity of the microclimate layer of intestinal surface is lower in senescent animals than in the young-adult ones. One of reasons for this is the thinner mucus layer in senescent animals...
- Cyclic GMP-induced activation of potassium currents by sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ pump-dependent mechanismD B Duridanova
Institute of Biophysics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Gen Physiol Biophys 14:139-51. 1995..The latter is a consequence of the opening of tetraethylammonium-sensitive Ca2+ -activated K+ channels and leads to sustained smooth muscle relaxation, most characteristic for gastric fundus preparations...
- Cyclic GMP-dependent cytoprotection against ethanol-induced damage in rabbit isolated gastric parietal cellsH Sakai
Department of Pharmaceutical Physiology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 361:109-17. 1998..The present study showed that cGMP protects the gastric parietal cell from EtOH-induced cytotoxicity, and this cytoprotection is related to basolateral Cl- channel activity in the plasma membrane via an unknown mechanism(s)...
- Nitric oxide attenuates platelet-activating factor priming for elastase release in human neutrophils via a cyclic guanosine monophosphate-dependent pathwayD A Partrick
Department of Surgery, Denver Health Medical Center, CO 80204, USA
Surgery 122:196-202; discussion 202-3. 1997..Consequently, our study hypothesis was that NO attenuates platelet-activating factor (PAF) priming for elastase release through a cGMP-dependent pathway in human PMNs...
- The nootropic drug vinpocetine modulates different types of potassium currents in molluscan neuronsE I Solntseva
Brain Research Institute, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, per Obukha 5, 103064, Moscow, Russia
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 128:275-80. 2001..b>Dibutyryl cyclic GMP (dbcGMP) (but not dbcAMP) mimicked the effects of vinpocetine in the majority of cells tested (coefficient ..
- The role of nitric oxide in striatal acetylcholine release induced by N-methyl-D-aspartateY Ikarashi
Department of Neuropsychopharmacology Tsumura, Gunma University, School of Medicine, Maebashi, Japan
Neurochem Int 33:255-61. 1998..These results suggest that NO induced by NMDA receptor-mediated mechanism in cholinergic neurons may mediate an inhibitory regulation of ACh release...
- The relationship between histamine secretion and 45calcium uptake by mast cellsJ C Foreman
J Physiol 271:193-214. 1977..Cyclic AMP, cyclic GMP and dibutyryl cyclic GMP have no effect on uptake or secretion.6...
- Tentacle contraction in Heliophrya erhardi (Suctoria): the role of inositol phospholipid metabolites and cyclic nucleotides in stimulus-response couplingR L Evans
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Exp Cell Res 177:382-90. 1988..The possible roles and interactions of membrane phospholipid metabolites and cyclic nucleotides in the control of tentacle contraction of H. erhardi are discussed...
- Nerve growth factor-induced rapid reorganization of microfilaments in PC12 cells: possible roles of different second messenger systemsH Paves
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Estonian Academy of Sciences, USSR
Exp Cell Res 186:218-26. 1990....
- Role of the L-arginine-NO pathway and of cyclic GMP in electrical field-induced noradrenaline release and vasoconstriction in the rat tail arteryB Bucher
, C N R S URA 600, , Illkirch, France
Br J Pharmacol 107:976-82. 1992....
- Molybdate increases intracellular 3',5'-guanosine cyclic monophosphate and stabilizes vitamin D receptor association with tubulin-containing filamentsJ Barsony
Mineral Metabolism Section, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 267:24457-65. 1992..We suggest that rapid cGMP accumulation after steroid exposure plays a role in facilitation of intracellular transport of the steroid receptor through interaction with microtubules...
- Regulatory mechanisms for thrombomodulin expression in human umbilical vein endothelial cells in vitroK Hirokawa
First Department of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Cell Physiol 147:157-65. 1991..These regulatory mechanisms may involve protein kinase A and protein kinase C-dependent mechanisms but are independent of protein kinase G...
- Stability of the acrosome of the brush-tailed possum (Trichosurus vulpecula) and tammar wallaby (Macropus eugenii) in vitro and after exposure to conditions and agents known to cause capacitation or acrosome reaction of eutherian spermatozoaK E Mate
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
J Reprod Fertil 91:41-8. 1991..The origin of the vesicles is unclear but the acrosomal membranes and the plasma membrane remained intact...
- Fumonisin blunts nitric oxide-induced and nitroprusside-induced cardiomyocyte deathSimon W Rabkin
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, BC, Vancouver, Canada V5Z 3J5
Nitric Oxide 7:229-35. 2002..These data show that FB1 blunts SNP- and NO-induced cardiomyocyte death and raise the novel possibility of preventing some of SNP- or NO-induced cardiomyocyte cell death by ceramide synthase inhibition...
- Neuritogenesis, not receptor expression, of NG108-15 cells can be modulated by monosialoganglioside GM1H M Hwang
Department of Anatomy, Chang Gung College of Medicine and Technology, Kwei San, Taoyuan, Taiwan, ROC
Chin J Physiol 39:211-7. 1996..The results indicated that GM1 had an influence on cell proliferation and neuritogenesis but did not induce muscarinic receptor expression of NG108-15 cells...
- Control of bovine uterine prostaglandin F2 alpha release in vitroM Lafrance
Centre de Recherche en Reproduction, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Biol Reprod 42:288-93. 1990..In conclusion, these data suggest that the stimulation of PGF2 alpha by oxytocin is via the protein kinase C effector pathway...
- Role of large Ca(2+)-activated K+ channels in regulation of mesangial contraction by nitroprusside and ANPJ D Stockand
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Medical School at Houston 77030, USA
Am J Physiol 270:C1773-9. 1996..These results indicate that guanylyl cyclase-stimulating vasorelaxants counteract ANG II-induced contraction of MC, in part, by repolarizing the membrane through activation of BKCa channels...
- Ehrlich cell plasma membrane redox system is modulated through signal transduction pathways involving cGMP and Ca2+ as second messengersA del Castillo-Olivares
Laboratorio de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Universidad de Malaga, Spain
J Bioenerg Biomembr 27:605-11. 1995..Taking all these data together, it seems that the Ehrlich cell plasma membrane redox system is under a multiple and complex regulation by different signal transduction pathways involving G proteins, cyclic nucleotides, and Ca2+ ions...
- Differential inhibition and potentiation of chemoattractant-induced superoxide formation in human neutrophils by the cell-permeant analogue of cyclic GMP, N2,2'-O-dibutyryl guanosine 3':5'-cyclic monophosphateJ Ervens
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 343:370-6. 1991..Bt2cAMP generally inhibits chemoattractant-stimulated O2- formation. 2. Bt2cGMP inhibits fMet-Leu-Phe- and platelet-activating factor-stimulated O2- formation but potentiates C5a-induced O2- formation.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Screening of second messengers involved in photocyte bioluminescence control of three ophiuroid species (Ophiuroidea: Echinodermata)C Vanderlinden
Laboratory of Marine Biology, Catholic University of Louvain, Place Croix du Sud, 3, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Exp Biol 206:3007-14. 2003..Therefore, the results suggest that luminescence control of A. filiformis, O. aranea and O. californica is mediated by cAMP in synergy with calcium...
- Ciliostimulatory effects mediated by nitric oxideT Runer
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Acta Otolaryngol 119:821-5. 1999....
- Regulation of calcitonin release from the 6.23 rat C-cell line by cyclic nucleotide analogues and pharmacological mediatorsJ L Gilgenkrantz
MDRI, Strasbourg, France
Experientia 47:1067-9. 1991..23 rat medullary thyroid carcinoma C-cells was stimulated by dibutyryl cyclic AMP and inhibited by dibutyryl cyclic GMP in concentration dependent fashion...
- Carbon monoxide as a novel central pyrogenic mediatorChoon Gon Jang
Lab of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 25:343-8. 2002..These results indicate that endogenous CO may have a role as a pyrogenic mediator in CNS and CO-mediated pyresis is dependent on prostaglandin production and partially on activation of soluble guanylate cyclase...
- The muscarinic acetylcholine receptor-stimulated increase in aquaporin-5 levels in the apical plasma membrane in rat parotid acinar cells is coupled with activation of nitric oxide/cGMP signal transductionYasuko Ishikawa
Department of Pharmacology, Tokushima University School of Dentistry, Tokushima, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 61:1423-34. 2002..These results suggest that NO/cGMP signal transduction has a crucial role in Ca(2+) homeostasis in the mAChR-stimulated increase in AQP5 levels in the APM of rat parotid glands...
- The phosphodiesterase inhibitors pentoxifylline and rolipram suppress macrophage activation and nitric oxide production in vitro and in vivoE Beshay
The Department of Pathology, McGill University, 3775 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2B4, Canada
Clin Immunol 98:272-9. 2001..ROL and PTX suppressed inducible NO synthase at the mRNA level. The inhibition of NO production of macrophages by ROL or PTX could be beneficial in NO-mediated inflammatory and/or autoimmune disorders...
- Extracellular matrix and pulmonary hypertension: control of vascular smooth muscle cell contractilityK M Lee
Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Physiol 274:H76-82. 1998..Taken together, these results show that ECM can modulate PVSM cell contractility and suggest that the changes in ECM observed in hypertensive vessels could play an important role in the etiology of this disease...
- Nitric oxide regulates renal cortical cyclooxygenase-2 expressionH F Cheng
George M O Brien Kidney and Urologic Diseases Center and Division of Nephrology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennesee 37232, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 279:F122-9. 2000....
- Dibutyryl-cyclic GMP induces peripheral antinociception via activation of ATP-sensitive K(+) channels in the rat PGE2-induced hyperalgesic pawA C Soares
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Biological Sciences, UFMG, Av Antonio Carlos, 6627, 31 270 100, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 134:127-31. 2001....
- Mechanism of activation by cGMP-dependent protein kinase of large Ca(2+)-activated K+ channels in mesangial cellsJ D Stockand
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, University of Texas Medical School at Houston 77030, USA
Am J Physiol 271:C1669-77. 1996..It is concluded that an endogenous PKG activates BKCa by decreasing the Ca2+ and voltage activation thresholds independently of sensitivities...
- Abnormal epithelial transport in cystic fibrosis jejunumE V O'Loughlin
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Camperdown, Australia
Am J Physiol 260:G758-63. 1991..Moreover, these abnormalities of intestinal electrolyte transport may account for some of the gastrointestinal manifestations of the disease such as meconium ileus and distal intestinal obstruction syndrome...
- Elevation of intracellular calcium levels contributes to the inhibition of nitric oxide production by atrial natriuretic peptideA K Kiemer
Institute of Pharmacy, Center of Drug Research, Pharmaceutical Biology, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Immunol Cell Biol 79:11-7. 2001..Taken together, the data indicate that intracellular Ca2+ elevation by ANP is involved in the inhibition of LPS-induced nitric oxide production in macrophages...
- Cellular changes in HeLa cells and cervix cells after treatment with cyclic nucleotidesE Busse
Abteilung für Hämatologie und Onkologie, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt Main, BRD
Oncology 50:241-4. 1993..Each of the parameter studied reflected the differentiation of the HeLa cells during dbcAMP treatment. They may be of potential use for the determination of tumor cell maturity in clinical oncology...
- Guanosine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate regulates calcium channels in neurones of rabbit vesical pelvic gangliaT Nishimura
Department of Physiology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Japan
J Physiol 457:559-74. 1992....
- Effects of cyclic nucleotides on the function of prestinLevente Deak
Auditory Physiology Laboratory, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, The Neuroscience Institute, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
J Physiol 563:483-96. 2005..One of these sites may influence the membrane targeting process of prestin. Finally, a new topology map of prestin is proposed...
- Bradykinin-induced activation of nociceptors: receptor and mechanistic studies on the neonatal rat spinal cord-tail preparation in vitroA Dray
Sandoz Institute for Medical Research, London
Br J Pharmacol 107:1129-34. 1992..5. Bradykinin responses were reversibly enhanced by dibutyryl cyclic AMP (100 microM). However dibutyryl cyclic GMP (0.5 mM) and nitroprusside (10 microM) produced prolonged block of responsiveness to bradykinin...
- Inhibition of chemotaxis Ng-monomethyl-L-arginine: a role for cyclic GMPS S Kaplan
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA
Blood 74:1885-7. 1989..These observations support the hypothesis that the L-arginine metabolism to NO and its effect on the cGMP level may be important for the dynamic changes required for neutrophil chemotaxis...
- Regulations by cyclic nucleotides and phorbol ester of calcium efflux from cultured bovine adrenal chromaffin cellsH Houchi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Tokushima, Japan
Life Sci 57:PL211-5. 1995..Dibutyryl cyclic AMP (DB-cAMP), forskolin (an activator of adenylate cyclase), dibutyryl cyclic GMP (DB-cGMP) and nitroprusside (an activator of guanylate cyclase) all stimulated 45Ca2+ efflux from the cells ..
- Kinetics of binding of cholecystokinin to pancreatic aciniS A Wank
Digestive Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes, and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Am J Physiol 255:G106-12. 1988..Computer analysis of the inhibition of 125I-CCK-8 by CCK-8 under experimental conditions where the rapidly dissociating state predominates demonstrated a complete loss of high-affinity binding sites.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Enhanced dopaminergic differentiation of human neural stem cells by synergistic effect of Bcl-xL and reduced oxygen tensionChristina Krabbe
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense C, Denmark
J Neurochem 110:1908-20. 2009..We conclude that Bcl-x(L) and lowered oxygen tension act in concert to enhance dopaminergic differentiation and survival of human neural stem cells...
- Regulation of retinoschisin secretion in Weri-Rb1 cells by the F-actin and microtubule cytoskeletonEiko Kitamura
Jules Stein Eye Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e20707. 2011....
- Na+-dependent elevation of the acidic cell surface pH (microclimate pH) of rat jejunal villus cells induced by cyclic nucleotides and phorbol ester: possible mediators of the regulation of the Na+/H+ antiporterT Shimada
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 937:328-34. 1988....
- Cyclic GMP and protein kinase G inhibit the quantal transmitter release induced by protein kinase CD D Branisteanu
Department of Physiology, Institute of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iassy, Romania
Brain Res 464:263-6. 1988..Moreover, the permeant dibutyryl cGMP blocked the frequency increase obtained in the presence of protein kinase C activators (diacylglycerol and phorbol ester) while the cAMP activated protein kinase A did show only an additive effect...
- Characteristics of pancreatic exocrine secretion produced by venom from the Brazilian scorpion, Tityus serrulatusP L Fletcher
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, East Carolina University School of Medicine, Greenville, NC 27858
Eur J Cell Biol 58:259-70. 1992....
- Intrathecal injection of cell-permeable analogs of cyclic 3',5'-guanosine monophosphate produces hyperalgesia in miceM G Garry
Department of Restorative Sciences, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
Eur J Pharmacol 260:129-31. 1994..These data indicate that cGMP is involved in the facilitation of thermal hyperalgesia at the level of the spinal cord...
- Mechanisms underlying chemoreceptor inhibition induced by atrial natriuretic peptide in rabbit carotid bodyW J Wang
Department of Physiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City 84108
J Physiol 460:427-41. 1993..7. The data are consistent with the notion that APIII and analogues of cGMP alter the release of excitatory and/or inhibitory transmitters from chemosensory type I cells in the carotid body...
- The role of nitric oxide in cholinergic neurotransmission in rat tracheaK Sekizawa
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 110:816-20. 1993..These results were unaffected by prior exposure of the tissues to L-NMMA (100 microM). 5. Dibutyryl cyclic GMP (3 mM) also reduced cholinergic contractions induced by EFS at 5 Hz (70.1 +/- 3...
- Inflammation and anti-inflammation: gating of cell/cell adhesion at the level of mitogen-activated protein kinasesM H Pillinger
Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 832:1-12. 1997
- Stimulatory effects of nitric oxide donors on histamine release in isolated rat gastric mucosal cellsKo Hasebe
Laboratory of Chemical Pharmacology, Chiba University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 26:950-3. 2003..b>Dibutyryl cyclic GMP also stimulated histamine release...
- ANF inhibits norepinephrine-stimulated fluid absorption in rat proximal straight tubulesJ L Garvin
Department of Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202
Am J Physiol 263:F581-5. 1992....
- Stimulation by nitric oxide of HCO3- secretion in bullfrog duodenum in vitro--roles of cyclooxygenase-1 and prostaglandinsO Furukawa
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi, Yamashina, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
Med Sci Monit 6:454-9. 2000..These results suggest that NO increases HCO3- secretion in Bullfrog duodenum in vitro, and this action is dependent on cGMP-related COX-1 activation and mediated by PGs...
- [Effect of catalase on the expression of NO-dependent genes in primary chondrocytes]D Iu Litvinov
Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 119991 Russia
Mol Biol (Mosk) 37:482-5. 2003
- Vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein regulates proliferation and growth inhibition by nitric oxide in vascular smooth muscle cellsLihua Chen
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:1403-8. 2004..We have investigated the effects of VASP and VASP phosphorylation at serine157 and serine239 on smooth muscle cell (SMC) proliferation and nitric oxide (NO)-mediated growth inhibition...
- Nitric oxide modulation of interleukin-1[beta]-evoked intracellular Ca2+ release in human astrocytoma U-373 MG cells and brain striatal slicesA Meini
Istituto di Scienze Farmacologiche, Universita di Siena, 53100 Siena, Italy
J Neurosci 20:8980-6. 2000....
- Decrease of guanylyl cyclase β1 subunit and nitric oxide (NO)-induced relaxation in mouse rectum with colitis and its reproduction on long-term NO treatmentYuri Hamada
Laboratory of Chemical Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Inohana 1 8 1, Chuo Ku, Chiba, 260 8675, Japan
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 385:81-94. 2012..1 ± 1.0 s in rectum. DSS treatment (1) abolished the ES-induced relaxation, but not dibutyryl cyclic GMP-induced response, in both regions, (2) decreased the maximal response to SNP accompanied by a loss of ..
- Effects of nitric oxide donors on Ca2+-dependent [14C]GABA release from brain synaptosomes: the role of SH-groupsP I Nedvetsky
Institute of Photobiology, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Minsk, 220072, Belarus
Biochemistry (Mosc) 65:1027-35. 2000..The NO-induced oxidation of thiols may be involved in physiological and, especially, pathological effects of nitric oxide in the central nervous system...
- Additive antinociceptive effect of the combination of diazoxide, an activator of ATP-sensitive K+ channels, and sodium nitroprusside and dibutyryl-cGMPDaniela P Alves
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Biological Sciences, UFMG, Av Antonio Carlos, 6622 Campus da Pampulha, CEP 31 270 100, Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 489:59-65. 2004....
- In vitro inhibitory effect of protopanaxadiol ginsenosides on tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha production and its modulation by known TNF-alpha antagonistsJ Y Cho
Department of Immunopharmacology, R and D Center, Daewoong Pharmaceutical Co, Sungnam, Korea
Planta Med 67:213-8. 2001....
- Role of hbeta1 in activation of human mesangial BK channels by cGMP kinasePatrick E Kudlacek
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 4575, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F289-94. 2003..These results show that mesangial cells contain hbeta1, a BK accessory protein, which confers activation of BK by cGMP kinase...
- Amitriptyline-mediated inhibition of neurite outgrowth from chick embryonic cerebral explants involves a reduction in adenylate cyclase activityK L Wong
Department of Neurobiology and Physiology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208
J Neurochem 57:1223-30. 1991..In cultured chick embryonic cerebral explants, dibutyryl cyclic AMP or theophylline, but not dibutyryl cyclic GMP, enhanced neurite outgrowth and partially reduced the inhibitory effects of amitriptyline on neurite ..
- Catabolite repression vs derepression, an approach to differentiation during sporulation in Bacillus subtilisS Bhaduri
Department of Biochemistry, University College of Science, Calcutta, India
J Appl Bacteriol 71:147-53. 1991..synthesis of mycobacillin and dipicolinic acid by Bacillus subtilis, and these syntheses were depressed by dibutyryl cyclic GMP but not by dibutyryl cyclic AMP...
- Loss of microglial ramification in microglia-astrocyte cocultures: involvement of adenylate cyclase, calcium, phosphatase, and Gi-protein systemsRoger Kalla
Department of Neuromorphology, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Martinsried, Germany
Glia 41:50-63. 2003..Signaling cascades controlled by these molecules may play an important role in the regulation of this common physiological process in the injured brain...
- Phosphorylation of phospholipase D1 and the modulation of its interaction with RhoA by cAMP-dependent protein kinaseMin Jung Jang
Medical Research Center for Cancer Molecular Therapy and Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Dong A University, Busan 602 714, Korea
Exp Mol Med 36:172-8. 2004..These results suggest that both PLD1 and RhoA are phosphorylated by PKA and the interaction between PLD1 and RhoA is inhibited by the phosphorylation of RhoA rather than by the phosphorylation of PLD1...
- TNF-mediated cytotoxicity. Importance of intracellular cGMP level for determining TNF-sensitivityM Higuchi
Division of Chemical Toxicology and Immunochemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Japan
Mol Immunol 28:1039-44. 1991..Therefore, intracellular cGMP may be one of the key molecules that lead to cell death caused by TNF...
- Synaptic inputs to turtle horizontal cells analyzed after blocking of gap junctions by intracellular injection of cyclic nucleotidesE Miyachi
Department of Physiology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Vision Res 31:631-5. 1991..This level was the same as observed in luminosity-type and biphasic chromaticity-type cells, suggesting that the ionic mechanisms of synaptic transmission are common among horizontal cell types...
- Effects of nitric oxide and cGMP on inhibin A and inhibin subunit mRNA levels from cultured rat granulosa cellsYou Hsin Jean Chen
Department of Biological Sciences, California State University, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Fertil Steril 79:687-93. 2003..To determine the effects of nitric oxide (NO) and cGMP on inhibin A and inhibin subunit mRNA levels from cultured rat granulosa cells...
- Mechanisms involved in the relaxation of bovine aortic endothelial cellsS Lopez-Ongil
Department of Physiology, Alcala de Henares University, Madrid, Spain
Life Sci 70:699-714. 2001....
- Cyclic AMP selectively up-regulates calmodulin genes I and II in PC12 cellsG Bai
Department of Pharmacology, Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19129
Biochim Biophys Acta 1130:189-96. 1992..AMP analogue, chlorophenylthio cyclic AMP, produced effects similar to those of dibutyryl cyclic AMP, but dibutyryl cyclic GMP did not. Pretreatment with cycloheximide blocked the increase in the 4...
- Pharmacological control of muscular activity in the sea urchin larva--IV. Effects of monoamines and adenosineT Gustafson
Wenner Gren Institute, Arrhenius Laboratories F3, University of Stockholm, Sweden
Comp Biochem Physiol C 98:307-15. 1991..5. It is suggested that a strong Ca2(+)-influx induces an outflux of K+ leading to hyperpolarization. Serotonin may decrease the K(+)-outflux...
- Involvement of cyclic nucleotides and IP(3) in the regulation of luminescence in the brittlestar Amphipholis squamata (Echinodermata)N de Bremaeker
Laboratory of Animal Physiology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Place Croix du Sud, 5, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
Luminescence 15:159-63. 2000..The effects of calcium-free ASW confirmed this hypothesis. A hypothetical scheme of the transduction mechanisms involved in the intracellular control of luminescence is presented...
- Interactions between intracellular cyclic AMP and agonist-induced inositol phospholipid breakdown in isolated gastric mucosal cells of the ratJ Puurunen
Pharmakologisches Institut, Universitat, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 336:471-7. 1987....
- Cyclic GMP inhibits protein kinase C-mediated secretion in rat pancreatic aciniJ Rogers
Department of Pharmacology, Cambridge University, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 263:3713-9. 1988b>Dibutyryl cyclic GMP (Bu2cGMP) inhibited agonist-induced secretion of amylase from isolated rat pancreatic acini...