Genomes and Genes
Summary: A dideoxynucleoside compound in which the 3'-hydroxy group on the sugar moiety has been replaced by a hydrogen. This modification prevents the formation of phosphodiester linkages which are needed for the completion of nucleic acid chains. Didanosine is a potent inhibitor of HIV replication, acting as a chain-terminator of viral DNA by binding to reverse transcriptase; ddI is then metabolized to dideoxyadenosine triphosphate, its putative active metabolite.
Publications290 found, 100 shown here
- Metabolism of tenofovir and didanosine in quiescent or stimulated human peripheral blood mononuclear cellsBrian L Robbins
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Pharmacotherapy 23:695-701. 2003As tenofovir disoproxil fumarate substantially increases plasma concentrations of didanosine in patients with human immunodeficiency virus-1 infection, we sought to determine whether tenofovir and didanosine showed a similar intracellular ..
- Attenuated replication of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 with a didanosine-selected reverse transcriptase mutationP L Sharma
Division of Infectious Disease, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Virol 71:8846-51. 1997..mutation in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcriptase (RT) develops as a consequence of didanosine (ddI) therapy and is associated with a decreased susceptibility to ddI...
- Abacavir, didanosine and tenofovir do not induce inflammatory, apoptotic or oxidative stress genes in coronary endothelial cellsChul Kim
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, Indiana Center for Vascular Biology and Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Antivir Ther 16:1335-9. 2011The use of abacavir and didanosine in HAART has been associated with an increased risk of myocardial infarction in HIV-infected patients...
- Selection and characterization of suitable lipid excipients for use in the manufacture of didanosine-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles and nanostructured lipid carriersKasongo Wa Kasongo
Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and NutriCosmetics, Freie Universitat Berlin, 12169 Berlin, Germany
J Pharm Sci 100:5185-96. 2011..of solid lipid nanoparticles (SLNs) and nanostructured lipid carriers (NLCs) loaded with the hydrophilic drug, didanosine (DDI)...
- High rate of didanosine-related mitochondrial toxicity in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients receiving ribavirinAna Moreno
Infectious Diseases, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Universidad de Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Antivir Ther 9:133-8. 2004Nucleoside analogues may induce mitochondrial toxicity, particularly didanosine. Ribavirin increases didanosine exposure, which might be clinically relevant when coadministered in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients.
- L-carnitine reduces lymphocyte apoptosis and oxidant stress in HIV-1-infected subjects treated with zidovudine and didanosineSonia Moretti
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of L Aquila, Rome, Italy
Antioxid Redox Signal 4:391-403. 2002..20 asymptomatic HIV-infected subjects with advanced immunodeficiency to receive either zidovudine (AZT), and didanosine (DDI) or the same regimen plus L-carnitine, a known antiapoptotic drug, for 7 months...
- Safety and efficacy of once-daily didanosine, tenofovir and nevirapine as a simplification antiretroviral approachEugenia Negredo
Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital, Badalona, Spain
Antivir Ther 9:335-42. 2004..To assess the efficacy and safety of a once-daily antiretroviral regimen in HAART-experienced subjects with long-lasting viral suppression...
- Prevalence and risk factors for abnormal liver stiffness in HIV-infected patients without viral hepatitis coinfection: role of didanosineNicolas Merchante
Hospital Universitario de Valme, Sevilla, Spain
Antivir Ther 15:753-63. 2010Unexpected cases of severe liver disease in HIV-infected patients have been reported and an association with didanosine (ddI) has been suggested. Transient elastography (TE) might detect patients harbouring such a condition...
- High prevalence of the K65R mutation in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 subtype C isolates from infected patients in Botswana treated with didanosine-based regimensFlorence Doualla-Bell
Botswana Harvard School of Public Health AIDS Initiative Partnership for HIV Research and Education, Gaborone, Botswana
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:4182-5. 2006..of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 subtype C viruses isolated from 23 patients in Botswana treated with didanosine-based regimens...
- A randomized, double-blind trial comparing combinations of nevirapine, didanosine, and zidovudine for HIV-infected patients: the INCAS Trial. Italy, The Netherlands, Canada and Australia StudyJ S Montaner
Canadian HIV Trials Network, St Paul s Hospital University of British Colombia, Vancouver
JAMA 279:930-7. 1998..However, until recently, many drug combinations have not led to sustained suppression of HIV-1 RNA...
- Clinically relevant genotype interpretation of resistance to didanosineAnne Genevieve Marcelin
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, 83 Boulevard de l hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1739-44. 2005We analyzed the didanosine (ddI) arm of the randomized, placebo-controlled Jaguar trial in order to define a genotypic score for ddI associated with virologic response...
- Relative contributions of baseline patient characteristics and the choice of statistical methods to the variability of genotypic resistance scores: the example of didanosineLambert Assoumou
INSERM, U943, Paris, F 75013 France
J Antimicrob Chemother 65:752-60. 2010..Our aim was to investigate the respective role of statistical methodology and patients' baseline characteristics in the selection of mutations included in genotypic resistance scores...
- Meta-analysis of two randomized controlled trials comparing combined zidovudine and didanosine therapy with combined zidovudine, didanosine, and nevirapine therapy in patients with HIV. INCAS study teamJ M Raboud
Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 22:260-6. 1999..To determine whether baseline pVL is predictive of virologic response during the study periods...
- Comparison of twice-daily stavudine plus once- or twice-daily didanosine and nevirapine in early stages of HIV infection: the scan studyF Garcia
Infectious Diseases Unit, Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer Hospital Clínic, Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Spain
AIDS 14:2485-94. 2000To evaluate the safety and effectiveness of once-daily didanosine and nevirapine plus twice-daily stavudine versus twice-daily administration of all three drugs.
- Quality of life outcomes of combination zidovudine- didanosine-nevirapine and zidovudine-didanosine for antiretroviral-naive advanced HIV-infected patientsR Bucciardini
Laboratory of Virology, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
AIDS 14:2567-74. 2000To evaluate the quality of life outcomes in antiretroviral-naive patients randomized to zidovudine plus didanosine versus zidovudine plus didanosine plus nevirapine for treatment of advanced HIV disease (the Istituto Superiore di Sanità ..
- The VIRGO study: nevirapine, didanosine and stavudine combination therapy in antiretroviral-naive HIV-1-infected adultsF Raffi
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Nantes, France
Antivir Ther 5:267-72. 2000The virological and immunological efficacy of the triple regimen containing nevirapine (once or twice daily), didanosine (once daily) and stavudine, in antiretroviral-naive patients infected with HIV-1, was evaluated in an open-label, ..
- Impact of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase polymorphism at codons 211 and 228 on virological response to didanosineAnne Genevieve Marcelin
Department of Virology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Antivir Ther 11:693-9. 2006To determine the potential impact of reverse transcriptase (RT) mutations, other than those currently known to confer nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) resistance, on the virological response to didanosine (ddl).
- Early virologic failure in HIV-1 infected subjects on didanosine/tenofovir/efavirenz: 12-week results from a randomized trialDesmond Maitland
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
AIDS 19:1183-8. 2005..safety and efficacy of two once-daily antiretroviral regimens containing lamivudine (3TC) or tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF), each administered with didanosine (ddI) and efavirenz (EFV) as initial therapy to HIV-1-infected subjects.
- Risk factors for CD4 lymphopenia in patients treated with a tenofovir/didanosine high dose-containing highly active antiretroviral therapy regimenKarine Lacombe
Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Antoine, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris F 75012, France
AIDS 19:1107-8. 2005In this study, the dynamics of CD4 cell depletion during tenofovir/didanosine co-administration were analysed...
- Initiatives for developing and comparing genotype interpretation systems: external validation of existing systems for didanosine against virological responseLambert Assoumou
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U720, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 198:470-80. 2008This study was performed to investigate the concordance between commonly used human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) drug resistance interpretation systems for didanosine (ddI) and their ability to predict responses at weeks 8 and 24.
- Early virological failure in treatment-naive HIV-infected adults receiving didanosine and tenofovir plus efavirenz or nevirapineAgathe Leon
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona, Spain
AIDS 19:213-5. 2005..a group of 14 antiretroviral-naive adults who initiated highly active antiretroviral therapy with tenofovir and didanosine plus efavirenz or nevirapine...
- Clonal resistance analyses of HIV type-1 after failure of therapy with didanosine, lamivudine and tenofovirDouglas Barnas
Department of Medicine, Division Infectious Diseases, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Antivir Ther 15:437-41. 2010..We therefore investigated HIV-1 genotype and phenotype at the single genome level in samples from patients on a failing regimen of tenofovir (TNV), didanosine (ddI) and lamivudine (3TC).
- Design and directed evolution of a dideoxy purine nucleoside phosphorylaseDavid P Nannemann
Department of Chemistry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
Protein Eng Des Sel 23:607-16. 2010..The engineered PNP may form the basis for catalysts and pathways for the biosynthesis of ddI...
- Nephrotoxicity in a child with perinatal HIV on tenofovir, didanosine and lopinavir/ritonavirSabiha Hussain
Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology, University of Florida, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 21:1034-6. 2006..HIV-infected African-American girl who developed nephrogenic diabetes insipidus, renal insufficiency and Fanconi-like syndrome while taking tenofovir (Viread) in combination with lopinavir-ritonavir (Kaletra) and didanosine (Videx).
- Dose-dependent influence of didanosine on immune recovery in HIV-infected patients treated with tenofovirUrs Karrer
Division of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland
AIDS 19:1987-94. 2005Antiretroviral therapy (ART) containing tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) and didanosine (ddI) has been associated with poor immune recovery despite virologic success...
- Submicron-size biodegradable polymer-based didanosine particles for treating HIV at early stage: an in vitro studyGurudutta Pattnaik
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
J Microencapsul 29:666-76. 2012..The study was intended to develop poly(d,l-lactic-co-glycolic acid)-based nanoparticles containing didanosine and to observe their uptake by macrophages in vitro...
- Didanosine population pharmacokinetics in West African human immunodeficiency virus-infected children administered once-daily tablets in relation to efficacy after one year of treatmentDeborah Hirt
EA3620, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:4399-406. 2009Our objective was to study didanosine pharmacokinetics in children after the administration of tablets, the only formulation available in Burkina Faso for which data are missing, and to establish relationships between doses, plasma drug ..
- Presence of M184I/V in minor HIV-1 populations of patients with lamivudine and/or didanosine treatment failureV Svedhem
Division of Infectious Diseases, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
HIV Med 8:504-10. 2007The aim of the study was to investigate the presence of M184I/V in minor HIV-1 populations of patients who failed lamivudine (3TC) and/or didanosine (ddI) treatment.
- Longitudinal study on mitochondrial effects of didanosine-tenofovir combinationSonia Lopez
Mitochondrial Research Laboratory, Muscle Research Unit, Internal Medicine Department, Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 22:33-9. 2006..We evaluate the effects of the introduction of TDF in a didanosine (ddI)-based highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) on mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) content, mitochondrial ..
- Hydroxyurea enhances the activities of didanosine, 9-[2-(phosphonylmethoxy)ethyl]adenine, and 9-[2-(phosphonylmethoxy)propyl]adenine against drug-susceptible and drug-resistant human immunodeficiency virus isolatesS Palmer
Center for AIDS Research at Stanford, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305 5107, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:2046-50. 1999..In fixed combinations, both ddI and PMEA were synergistic with HU against wild-type and drug-resistant viruses...
- Simplification therapy with once-daily emtricitabine, didanosine, and efavirenz in HIV-1-infected adults with viral suppression receiving a protease inhibitor-based regimen: a randomized trialJean Michel Molina
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 191:830-9. 2005..We assessed a once-daily combination to simplify therapy in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1)...
- Activity, safety, and immunological effects of hydroxyurea added to didanosine in antiretroviral-naive and experienced HIV type 1-infected subjects: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial, ACTG 307Ian Frank
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 20:916-26. 2004We performed a 24-week, placebo-controlled, comparative trial of hydroxyurea (HU) monotherapy, didanosine(ddI) monotherapy, and the combination of ddI plus HU administered as 1000 mg qd or 1500 mg qd in antiretroviral-naive and ..
- Fanconi syndrome and nephrogenic diabetes insipidus associated with didanosine therapy in HIV infection: a case report and literature reviewGéraldine D'Ythurbide
Department of Nephrology, Kremlin Bicetre Hospital, AP HP, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:3656-9. 2007
- Higher risk of hyperglycemia in HIV-infected patients treated with didanosine plus tenofovirTeresa Garcia-Benayas
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 22:333-7. 2006The combination of didanosine (ddI) and tenofovir (TDF) has potential advantages, but because of several pitfalls (unexpected decreases in CD4+ T cells, increased risk of pancreatitis) its use has been questioned...
- Didanosine extended-release matrix tablets: optimization of formulation variables using statistical experimental designCarla Sánchez-Lafuente
Departamento de Farmacia y Tecnologia Farmaceutica, c Prof García González s n, 41012 Sevilla, Spain
Int J Pharm 237:107-18. 2002..the influence of some process and formulation variables and possible interactions among such variables, on didanosine release from directly-compressed matrix tablets based on blends of two insoluble polymers, Eudragit RS-PM and ..
- Pharmacokinetics of coadministered ritonavir-boosted elvitegravir and zidovudine, didanosine, stavudine, or abacavirSrinivasan Ramanathan
Gilead Sciences, Foster City, CA 94404, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 46:160-6. 2007..clinically relevant drug interactions between ritonavir-boosted elvitegravir (EVG/r) and the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs) zidovudine (ZDV), didanosine (ddI), stavudine (d4T), or abacavir (ABC) upon coadministration.
- Long-term safety and efficacy of a once-daily regimen of emtricitabine, didanosine, and efavirenz in HIV-infected, therapy-naive children and adolescents: Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Group Protocol P1021Ross E McKinney
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3461, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Pediatrics 120:e416-23. 2007..Compliance with complex antiretroviral therapy regimens is a problem for HIV-1-infected children and their families. Simple, safe, and effective regimens are important for long-term therapeutic success...
- A controlled trial comparing continued zidovudine with didanosine in human immunodeficiency virus infection. The NIAID AIDS Clinical Trials GroupJ O Kahn
San Francisco General Hospital, Calif 94110
N Engl J Med 327:581-7. 1992..b>Didanosine is another inhibitor of HIV reverse transcriptase...
- Efficacy and safety of a once daily regimen with efavirenz, lamivudine, and didanosine, with and without food, as initial therapy for HIV Infection: the ELADI studyMatilde Sanchez-Conde
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:1237-41. 2007The combination of didanosine (ddI) and lamivudine (3TC) is attractive considering its low cost, potency, tolerability, and convenience (once daily administration), but it is not recommended as first-line therapy for HIV infection...
- Intracellular activation of 2',3'-dideoxyinosine and drug interactions in vitroS Kewn
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Liverpool, UK
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 15:793-802. 1999b>Didanosine (2',3'-dideoxyinosine; ddI) requires intracellular metabolism to its active triphosphate, 2',3'-dideoxyadenosine 5'-triphosphate (ddATP), to inhibit the replication of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)...
- Tolerability of enteric-coated didanosine capsules compared with didanosine tablets in adults with HIV infectionL M Kunches
JSI Clinical Research, Inc, Boston, Massachusetts 02210, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 28:150-3. 2001A new enteric-coated (EC) didanosine (ddI) formulation (Videx EC; Bristol-Myers Squibb, Princeton, NJ, U.S.A...
- Noncirrhotic portal hypertension associated with didanosine: a case report and literature reviewHui min Chang
Department of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, 386 Ta Chung First Rd, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Jpn J Infect Dis 65:61-5. 2012..in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients and has been found to be associated with exposure to didanosine. Here, we describe the case of an HIV-infected patient with portal hypertension who initially presented with ..
- Formulation development and in vitro evaluation of didanosine-loaded nanostructured lipid carriers for the potential treatment of AIDS dementia complexKasongo Wa Kasongo
Department of Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics and NutriCosmetics, Free University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 37:396-407. 2011The purpose of this article was to investigate the feasibility of incorporating didanosine (DDI) into nanostructured lipid carriers (NLC) for potential treatment of AIDS dementia complex...
- Direct analysis of mitochondrial toxicity of antiretroviral drugsA Foli
Research Institute for Genetic and Human Therapy, IRCCS Policlinico S. Matteo, Pavia, Italy
AIDS 15:1687-94. 2001..of a cytofluorimetric technique to predict the mitochondrial-dependent pancreatic and hepatic toxicity we used didanosine (ddI) alone or in combination with hydroxyurea (HU)...
- Genotypic and phenotypic resistance patterns in early-stage HIV-1-infected patients failing initial therapy with stavudine, didanosine and nevirapineCarme Vidal
Microbiology Laboratory, Institut Clínic de Infeccions i Immunologia, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Hospital Clinic, Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Spain
Antivir Ther 7:283-7. 2002..patterns of resistance in a group of early-stage antiretroviral-naive patients failing initial therapy with didanosine, stavudine and nevirapine...
- Pilot trial of infusional cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and etoposide plus didanosine and filgrastim in patients with human immunodeficiency virus-associated non-Hodgkin's lymphomaJ A Sparano
Department of Oncology, Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
J Clin Oncol 14:3026-35. 1996To determine the following: (1) the feasibility of combining the antiretroviral didanosine (ddl) with a 96-hour continuous intravenous (IV) infusion of cyclophosphamide (800 mg/m2), doxorubicin (50 mg/m2), and etoposide (240 mg/m2) (CDE) ..
- Strategies to improve efficacy and safety of a novel class of antiviral hyper-activation-limiting therapeutic agents: the VS411 model in [corrected] HIV/AIDSD De Forni
ViroStatics, Sassari, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 161:830-43. 2010..VS411, a first-in-class AV-HALT, is a single-dosage form combining didanosine (ddI, 400 mg), an antiviral (AV), and hydroxyurea (HU, 600 mg), a cytostatic agent, designed to provide a slow ..
- Amprenavir and didanosine are associated with declining kidney function among patients receiving tenofovirHeidi M Crane
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
AIDS 21:1431-9. 2007..To examine the effect of antiretroviral agents and clinical factors on the development of tenofovir-associated kidney dysfunction...
- Modeling the use of triple combination therapy in five countries: nevirapine, Zidovudine, and DidanosineA K Biddle
Department of Health Policy and Administration, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Value Health 3:186-201. 2000..Standardized, detailed disclosure of model assumptions and parameters makes it possible to recycle published models with minor structural modifications to examine the efficiency of therapies based on new trial data...
- Intranasal drug delivery of didanosine-loaded chitosan nanoparticles for brain targeting; an attractive route against infections caused by AIDS virusesAbeer M Al-Ghananeem
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
J Drug Target 18:381-8. 2010..n.) administration as a potential route to enhance systemic and brain delivery of didanosine (ddI)...
- Tolerance of didanosine as enteric-coated capsules versus buffered tabletsPablo Barreiro
Service of Infectious Diseases Hospital Carlos III Madrid, Spain
AIDS Patient Care STDS 18:329-31. 2004
- The intestinal permeation of didanosine from granules containing microspheres using the everted gut sac modelClassius Ferreira da Silva
Biotechnological Processes Development Laboratory, School of Chemical Engineering, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
J Microencapsul 26:523-8. 2009..aim of this research is to evaluate the intestinal permeation of a new formulation (NF) for the anti-retroviral didanosine (ddI) drug, using the everted gut sac model...
- Development of a didanosine genotypic resistance interpretation system based on large derivation and validation datasetsLambert Assoumou
INSERM U943, UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR S 943, Paris, France
AIDS 24:365-71. 2010To assess the genotypic determinants of the virological response to didanosine (ddI) in HIV-infected patients.
- The influence of the M184V mutation in HIV-1 reverse transcriptase on the virological outcome of highly active antiretroviral therapy regimens with or without didanosineMichael Sproat
St Stephens Centre, Chelsea and Westminster Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Antivir Ther 10:357-61. 2005..studies suggest that the presence of the M184V mutation leads to a reduction in HIV-1 susceptibility to didanosine (ddl). The relevance of this to clinical outcomes remains unclear...
- Paradoxical CD4+ T-cell decline in HIV-infected patients with complete virus suppression taking tenofovir and didanosineAna Barrios
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
AIDS 19:569-75. 2005Tenofovir (TDF) and didanosine (ddI) are both adenosine analogues with convenient posology, strong potency and a relatively high genetic barrier for resistance...
- Monitoring of didanosine and stavudine intracellular trisphosphorylated anabolite concentrations in HIV-infected patientsFrançois Becher
CEA, Pharmacology and Immunology Unit, DSV DRM, Gif sur Yvette, France
AIDS 18:181-7. 2004To determine the concentrations of intracellular active anabolites of stavudine (d4T) and didanosine (DDI) and their interpatient variability in HIV-infected patients and to explore relationships between plasma and intracellular forms.
- Tenofovir-related Fanconi syndrome with nephrogenic diabetes insipidus in a patient with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome: the role of lopinavir-ritonavir-didanosineFlorence Rollot
Internal Medicine, Cochin and Saint Vincent de Paul Hospital, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 37:e174-6. 2003..Increased plasma concentrations of didanosine were also observed after the addition of tenofovir...
- Hydroxychloroquine, hydroxyurea and didanosine as initial therapy for HIV-infected patients with low viral load: safety, efficacy and resistance profile after 144 weeksN I Paton
Department of Infectious Diseases, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Singapore
HIV Med 6:13-20. 2005To evaluate the long-term safety and efficacy of the combination of hydroxychloroquine, hydroxyurea and didanosine.
- Tenofovir exhibits low cytotoxicity in various human cell types: comparison with other nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitorsTomas Cihlar
Gilead Sciences, 333 Lakeside Drive, Foster City, CA 94404, USA
Antiviral Res 54:37-45. 2002..In conclusion, tenofovir exhibited weak cytotoxic effects in all cell types tested with less in vitro cytotoxicity than the majority of NRTIs currently used for the treatment of HIV disease...
- Dose proportional inhibition of HIV-1 replication by mycophenolic acid and synergistic inhibition in combination with abacavir, didanosine, and tenofovirMohammad M Hossain
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, North Texas Veterans Health Care Systems, Dallas, TX, USA
Antiviral Res 55:41-52. 2002..MPA exhibits anti-HIV activity in vitro. We tested MPA alone and in combination with abacavir (ABC), didanosine (DDI), lamivudine (3TC) and tenofovir (TFV) against wild-type human immunodeficiency virus type-1 (HIV-1) and ..
- Didanosine in HIV-1-infected patients experiencing failure of antiretroviral therapy: a randomized placebo-controlled trialJean Michel Molina
Department of Infectious Diseases, Saint Louis Hospital, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 191:840-7. 2005The antiviral efficacy of didanosine in patients experiencing virological failure is not well known.
- Optimal suppression of HIV replication by low-dose hydroxyurea through the combination of antiviral and cytostatic ('virostatic') mechanismsFranco Lori
Research Institute for Genetic and Human Therapy, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy and Washington, DC 2007, USA
AIDS 19:1173-81. 2005The hydroxyurea-didanosine combination has been shown to limit immune activation (a major pathogenic component of HIV/AIDS) and suppress viral load by both antiviral and cytostatic ('virostatic') activities...
- Fanconi syndrome associated with didanosine therapyHassane Izzedine
AIDS 19:844-5. 2005
- Abacavir and didanosine induce the interaction between human leukocytes and endothelial cells through Mac-1 upregulationCarmen de Pablo
Departamento de Farmacología and CIBERehd, Universidad de Valencia, Spain
AIDS 24:1259-66. 2010Abacavir and didanosine are nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTI) widely used in therapy for HIV-infection but which have been linked to cardiovascular complications...
- A prospective study of hearing changes after beginning zidovudine or didanosine in HIV-1 treatment-naïve peopleJeffrey T Schouten
Department of Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
BMC Infect Dis 6:28. 2006..The goal of this study was to conduct a prospective assessment of the contribution of zidovudine (ZDV) and didanosine (ddI) to hearing loss.
- Efficacy and safety of 1-month postpartum zidovudine-didanosine to prevent HIV-resistance mutations after intrapartum single-dose nevirapineMarc Lallemant
Institut de Recherche pour le Développement U174, Universite Paris Descartes, Institut National d Etudes Demographiques, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpment, F 75006, Paris, France
Clin Infect Dis 50:898-908. 2010..We hypothesized that a 1-month zidovudine-didanosine course initiated at the same time as single-dose nevirapine (sdNVP) would prevent the selection of nevirapine-..
- Response to zidovudine/didanosine-containing combination antiretroviral therapy among HIV-1 subtype C-infected adults in Botswana: two-year outcomes from a randomized clinical trialHermann Bussmann
Botswana Harvard School of Public Health AIDS Initiative Partnership for HIV Research and Education BHP, Gaborone, Botswana
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:37-46. 2009..The "Tshepo" Study is the first large-scale, randomized, clinical trial that addresses these important issues among HIV-1 subtype C-infected ARV treatment-naive adults in southern Africa...
- Improved interpretation of genotypic changes in the HIV-1 reverse transcriptase coding region that determine the virological response to didanosineAndrea De Luca
Institute of Clinical Infectious Diseases, Catholic University, Roma, 00168, Italy
J Infect Dis 196:1645-53. 2007Consensus on the interpretation of mutations in the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 reverse transcriptase (RT) gene that predict the response to didanosine treatment is needed.
- Baseline genotype as a predictor of virological failure to emtricitabine or stavudine in combination with didanosine and efavirenzKatyna Borroto-Esoda
Gilead Sciences, Inc, 4611 University Drive, Durham, North Carolina 27707, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 23:988-95. 2007..response in treatment-naive patients to therapy with emtricitabine (FTC) or stavudine (d4T) in combination with didanosine (ddI) and efavirenz (EFV)...
- Development of sustained release matrix tablets of didanosine containing methacrylic and ethylcellulose polymersCarla Sánchez-Lafuente
Departamento de Farmacia y Tecnologia Farmaceutica, Sevilla, Spain
Int J Pharm 234:213-21. 2002b>Didanosine, a nucleoside analog used in the treatment of acquired immuno deficiency syndrome (AIDS), has been incorporated into directly compressed monolythic matrices whose excipients were mixtures at different ratios of a methacrylic ..
- Mannan-coated gelatin nanoparticles for sustained and targeted delivery of didanosine: in vitro and in vivo evaluationAmandeep Kaur
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Drug Research Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab, 147 002, India
Acta Pharm 58:61-74. 2008..The objective of the present study was to investigate mannan-coated nanoparticles for macrophage targeting of didanosine. Different didanosine loaded nanoparticles were prepared using the double desolvation technique and were ..
- Determination of abacavir, amprenavir, didanosine, efavirenz, nevirapine, and stavudine concentration in human plasma by MALDI-TOF/TOFStefania Notari
Istituto Nazionale per le Malattie Infettive IRCCS Lazzaro Spallanzani, Via Portuense 292, I 00149 Roma, Italy
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 863:249-57. 2008..Here, we apply MALDI-TOF/TOF technology to quantify abacavir, amprenavir, didanosine, efavirenz, nevirapine, and stavudine in the plasma of HIV-infected patients, by standard additions analysis...
- Didanosine, lamivudine, and efavirenz versus zidovudine, lamivudine, and efavirenz for the initial treatment of HIV type 1 infection: final analysis (48 weeks) of a prospective, randomized, noninferiority clinical trial, GESIDA 3903Juan Berenguer
Hospital Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 47:1083-92. 2008The combination of didanosine, lamivudine, and efavirenz (ddI/3TC/EFV) for the initial treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection has been insufficiently analyzed in clinical trials.
- Unexpected CD4 cell count decline in patients receiving didanosine and tenofovir-based regimens despite undetectable viral loadEugenia Negredo
Lluita contra la SIDA and Irsicaixa Foundations Germans Trias i Pujol Hospital, Badalona, Spain
AIDS 18:459-63. 2004We recently observed a significant CD4 cell count decline in patients receiving didanosine (ddI) 400 mg, tenofovir (TDF) and nevirapine (NVP), despite virological suppression.
- Fatal lactic acidosis and acute renal failure after addition of tenofovir to an antiretroviral regimen containing didanosineMelissa D Murphy
Infectious Disease Section, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
Clin Infect Dis 36:1082-5. 2003..lactic acidosis and who died several weeks after tenofovir was added to an antiretroviral regimen that included didanosine. Although the role of tenofovir in precipitating acute renal failure is unclear, progressive accumulation of the ..
- Suboptimal CD4 gains in HIV-infected patients receiving didanosine plus tenofovirPablo Barreiro
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 57:806-9. 2006..As an example, the combination of didanosine and tenofovir has recently been associated with a paradoxical depletion of CD4+ T cells in the face of complete ..
- Compromised immunologic recovery in treatment-experienced patients with HIV infection receiving both tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and didanosine in the TORO studiesEugenia Negredo
Lluita contra la SIDA Foundation, Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, Badalona, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 41:901-5. 2005The effect of therapy with a combination of tenofovir and full-dose didanosine on increases in CD4+ cell count was examined in 2 large trials of treatment-experienced patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection (the T-20 ..
- Simplification therapy with once-daily didanosine, tenofovir and efavirenz in HIV-1-infected adults with viral suppression receiving a more complex antiretroviral regimen: final results of the EFADITE trialAna Barrios
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Carlos III, Madrid
Antivir Ther 10:825-32. 2005..on HAART and with plasma HIV-1 RNA <50 copies/ml for longer than 6 months were switched to tenofovir, didanosine and efavirenz (QD arm) or remained on the same treatment regimen (control arm)...
- Pharmacokinetics of emtricitabine, didanosine and efavirenz administered once-daily for the treatment of HIV-infected adults (pharmacokinetic substudy of the ANRS 091 trial)J M Molina
Department of Infectious Diseases, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
HIV Med 5:99-104. 2004This study was conducted to investigate the pharmacokinetics of emtricitabine (FTC), didanosine (ddI), and efavirenz (EFV) when administered in a once-daily combination.
- Efficacy and safety of abacavir plus lamivudine versus didanosine plus stavudine when combined with a protease inhibitor, a nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor, or both in HIV-1 positive antiretroviral-naive personsR D MacArthur
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
HIV Clin Trials 5:361-70. 2004The combination of abacavir + lamivudine (ABC+3TC) versus didanosine + stavudine (ddI+d4T), each combined with other classes of antiretrovirals (ARVs) in ARV-naive patients, was compared for the combined endpoint of time to plasma HIV RNA ..
- Results of a phase 2 clinical trial at 48 weeks (AI424-007): a dose-ranging, safety, and efficacy comparative trial of atazanavir at three doses in combination with didanosine and stavudine in antiretroviral-naive subjectsIan Sanne
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, University of Witwatersrand Johannesburg, South Africa
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 32:18-29. 2003..were compared with nelfinavir (750 mg three times daily) when given both as monotherapy and in combination with didanosine and stavudine in 420 antiretroviral-naive subjects infected with HIV-1...
- Proximal tubular dysfunction associated with tenofovir and didanosine causing Fanconi syndrome and diabetes insipidus: a report of 3 casesJoan M Irizarry-Alvarado
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
AIDS Read 19:114-21. 2009..insipidus developed secondary to use of an antiretroviral regimen containing tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and didanosine. These patients presented with a history of polydipsia, polyuria, weight loss, anorexia, and wasting...
- Low efficacy and high frequency of adverse events in a randomized trial of the triple nucleoside regimen abacavir, stavudine and didanosineJan Gerstoft
Department of Infectious Diseases at Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
AIDS 17:2045-52. 2003..Highly active antiretroviral therapy containing three nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors has been somewhat successful, but the clinical efficacy is unclear...
- Didanosine: an updated review of its use in HIV infectionC M Perry
Adis International Limited, Mairangi Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 58:1099-135. 1999b>Didanosine, like zidovudine, stavudine and lamivudine, is a nucleoside analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI)...
- Changes in metabolic toxicity after switching from stavudine/didanosine to tenofovir/lamivudine--a Staccato trial substudyJintanat Ananworanich
The HIV Netherlands Australia Thailand Research Collaboration, Bangkok, Thailand
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:1340-3. 2008..Here, we evaluated the effect of switching from stavudine/didanosine to tenofovir/lamivudine on measures of metabolic and mitochondrial toxicity in Thai patients.
- Frequency of Tk and Hprt lymphocyte mutants and bone marrow micronuclei in mice treated neonatally with zidovudine and didanosineLinda S Von Tungeln
Division of Biochemical Toxicology and Division of Genetic and Reproductive Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Mutagenesis 19:307-11. 2004..A previous study indicated that the anti-retroviral agent didanosine (2',3'-dideoxyinosine, ddI) potentiated the mutagenicity of AZT in the thymidine kinase (TK) gene of cultured ..
- A proof-of-concept study of short-cycle intermittent antiretroviral therapy with a once-daily regimen of didanosine, lamivudine, and efavirenz for the treatment of chronic HIV infectionMark Dybul
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Infect Dis 189:1974-82. 2004..Adherence to such a regimen may be problematic for certain patients...
- Depletion of mitochondrial DNA in liver under antiretroviral therapy with didanosine, stavudine, or zalcitabineUlrich A Walker
Medizinische Universitatsklinik, Department of Clinical Immunology, Freiburg, Germany
Hepatology 39:311-7. 2004The "D drug" HIV reverse-transcriptase inhibitors zalcitabine, didanosine, and stavudine are relatively strong inhibitors of polymerase-gamma compared with the "non-D drugs" zidovudine, lamivudine, and abacavir...
- Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus infection with hydroxyurea, didanosine, and a protease inhibitor before seroconversion is associated with normalized immune parameters and limited viral reservoirF Lori
RIGHT, Medical Dental Bldg SW307, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Infect Dis 180:1827-32. 1999..during acute HIV infection before complete Western blot (WB) seroconversion with the combination of hydroxyurea, didanosine, and indinavir. This treatment was associated with the normalization of some immune parameters and functions...
- Combination of inhibitors of lymphocyte activation (hydroxyurea, trimidox, and didox) and reverse transcriptase (didanosine) suppresses development of murine retrovirus-induced lymphoproliferative diseaseChristopher N Mayhew
Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY, USA
Antiviral Res 65:13-22. 2005..trimidox (3,4,5-trihydroxybenzamidoxime) and didox (3,4-dihydroxybenzohydroxamic acid) in combination with didanosine (2,3-didoxyinosine; ddI) in the LPBM5 MuLV retrovirus model (murine AIDS)...
- Simplicity and efficacy of a once-daily antiretroviral regimen with didanosine, lamivudine, and efavirenz in naïve patients: the VESD studyJ Santos
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Virgen de la Victoria, Malaga, Spain
HIV Clin Trials 6:320-8. 2005Our aim was to analyze the efficacy and safety of didanosine-lamivudine-efavirenz in a cohort of HIV patients starting antiretroviral therapy between January and September 2003.
- Peripheral neuropathy during stavudine-didanosine antiretroviral therapyV Reliquet
Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital, Nantes, France
HIV Med 2:92-6. 2001..We investigated the incidence, evolution and predictive factors of PN during stavudine (d4T)-didanosine (ddI) combination therapy in 65 HIV infected patients, previously treated with zidovudine and/or zalcitabine (..
- A simplified weight-based method for pediatric drug dosing for zidovudine and didanosine in resource-limited settingsPaul J Weidle
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:59-64. 2006Zidovudine and didanosine are antiretroviral drugs used for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected children with dose recommendations based on body surface area calculations...
- Comparison of genotypic and phenotypic resistance patterns of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 isolates from patients treated with stavudine and didanosine or zidovudine and lamivudineV Picard
Laboratory of Virology, , Paris, France
J Infect Dis 184:781-4. 2001..assays were performed on paired isolates from antiretroviral drug-naive patients randomized to stavudine and didanosine (group 1; n = 21) or zidovudine and lamivudine (group 2; n = 21) at baseline and after > or = 12 months of ..
- Development of drug resistance in patients receiving combinations of zidovudine, didanosine and nevirapineB Conway
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
AIDS 15:1269-74. 2001OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the development of phenotypic and genotypic resistance to zidovudine, didanosine and nevirapine as a function of the virologic response to therapy in a group of drug-naive individuals receiving various combinations ..
- Metabolic and anthropometric changes one year after switching from didanosine/stavudine to tenofovir in HIV-infected patientsG J Claas
Medizinische Poliklinik der LMU München, Pettenkoferstrasse 8a, 80336 Munich, Germany
Eur J Med Res 12:54-60. 2007Nucleoside analogues such as Didanosine and Stavudine are known to cause metabolic and body habitus changes during antiretroviral therapy...
- Oral sustained-release bioadhesive tablet formulation of didanosineG V Betageri
Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona, California 91766, USA
Drug Dev Ind Pharm 27:129-36. 2001..of this study was to formulate a hydrogel-forming bioadhesive drug delivery system for oral administration of didanosine (ddI)...
- Five-year follow up of once-daily therapy with emtricitabine, didanosine and efavirenz (Montana ANRS 091 trial)Jean Michel Molina
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Saint Louis, Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Paris 7, France
Antivir Ther 12:417-22. 2007Once-daily combination therapy with emtricitabine, didanosine and efavirenz has been highly effective in clinical trials but its long-term efficacy and safety has not been previously reported.
- Measurement of intracellular didanosine and tenofovir phosphorylated metabolites and possible interaction of the two drugs in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsAlain Pruvost
CEA, Service de Pharmacologie et d Immunologie, DSV DRM, CEA Saclay, 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:1907-14. 2005Recent work has demonstrated the existence of a systemic interaction between didanosine (ddI) and tenofovir disoproxyl fumarate (TDF) that leads to a significant increase in plasma ddI levels when coadministered with TDF (40 to 50% ..
- Hydroxychloroquine, hydroxycarbamide, and didanosine as economic treatment for HIV-1Nicholas I Paton
Department of Infectious Diseases, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 308433, Singapore
Lancet 359:1667-8. 2002..CD4 count >150 cells/microL) with hydroxychloroquine (200 mg), hydroxycarbamide (hydroxyurea) (500 mg), and didanosine (125-200 mg), taken twice daily. Treatment was well tolerated, with few serious adverse events...
- Association of noncirrhotic portal hypertension in HIV-infected persons and antiretroviral therapy with didanosine: a nested case-control studyHelen Kovari
Divisions of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital, Zurich CH 8091, Switzerland
Clin Infect Dis 49:626-35. 2009..Postulated pathogenesis includes prolonged exposure to antiretroviral therapy, particularly didanosine.
- Drug Transport at the Blood-Testis BarrierNathan J Cherrington; Fiscal Year: 2013..the functional capacity and molecular specificity of isolated Sertoli cells and intact STs to transport NSAs (didanosine, azidothymidine, abacavir, emtricitabine, tenofovir) and PIs (lopinavir and indinavir)...
- Nucleoside Transporters In HAART Mitochondrial ToxicityJohn Buolamwini; Fiscal Year: 2006..These nucleoside drugs, including zidovudine (AZT), stavudine (d4T), didanosine (DDI), zalcitabine (DDC) and lamivudine (3TC) are believed to cause mitochondria! depletion to varying extents, ..
- CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM STRATEGIES TARGETING THE HIV SANCBradley Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2003..In aim 2 we will test the hypothesis that significantly higher CNS concentrations of anti-HIV agents (didanosine and indinavir) can be attained in combination therapy by modulation of the BBB to inhibit protease inhibitor ..
- Auditory Perception of Drug Names: Neighborhood EffectsBruce Lambert; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Nanodelivery of active NRTI to the central nervous system: humanized HIV murine mSerguei Vinogradov; Fiscal Year: 2009..of viral load in cultured macrophages by antiviral NAs or nanogel-NATP formulations, using the neurotoxic NRTI, didanosine (ddI), and zidovudine (AZT), and their derivatives, ddI-TP and AZT-TP...
- HIV-1 resistance to nucleoside analoguesDaniel Kuritzkes; Fiscal Year: 2004..PMPA; and 5) to explore the effect of other "AZT-sensitizing" mutations (such as those encoding resistance to didanosine [L74V] and nevirapine [Y181C] on pyrophosphorolysis and primer unblocking...
- TECHNOLOGY FOR IMPROVED ORAL DELIVERY OF ANTI-HIV DRUGSGLEN LEESMAN; Fiscal Year: 1992..This strategy could reduce patient toxicity, thus improving and prolonging oral therapy...
- Endothelial Dysfunction Due to HIV-1 Protease InhibitorsMitchell Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Lipodystrophy among HIV-infected patientsHeidi Crane; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- The Impact of HLA in Children Receiving HAARTAkihiko Saitoh; Fiscal Year: 2008..This research will also suggest modes of pathogenesis that can lead to the development of vaccine strategies. ..
- Predictors of Immunologic Long-term Non-Progression in Children with HIVJintanat Ananworanich; Fiscal Year: 2010..This will be important in deciding when to treat children with antiretroviral therapy. ..
- NEW ENGLAND PROGRAM FOR AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS-PROACT (CPCGerald Friedland; Fiscal Year: 2006..Among the three ProACT sites we will enroll and follow 200 patients on study protocols at any given time over the course of this grant. ..
- PROTEASE INHIBITOR RELATED ATHEROSCLEROSIS IN HIVAndrew Carr; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Integrated Human Research Subjects Protection ProjectRoss McKinney; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CARDIAC DYSFUNCTION, AIDS AND COCAINEWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2003..Immuno-LM and immuno-TEM identify cellular and subcellular alterations. ..
- Mitochondrial Genomics and Peripheral Neuropathy during HIV TherapyTodd Hulgan; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results from this study will also advance the field of "mitochondrial medicine", having broad application across other scientific disciplines and for other human diseases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Safety Pharmacokinetics & Efficacy of Artemether & Lumefantrine in Pregnant WomenMark Mirochnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..The data from this planned study will provide the information needed to ensure that pregnant women receive the appropriate doses of these anti-malaria drugs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS GROUPMichael Saag; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Oxidant Stress and Antioxidants during HIV TherapyTodd Hulgan; Fiscal Year: 2007..The candidate's long-term goal is to develop into an independent clinical investigator in this field of study. ..
- RECENT ADVANCES IN AIDS AND HIV RESEARCHMichael Saag; Fiscal Year: 2007..CME credit for attending physicians will be provided. ..
- Sleep Studies in HIV+ Older Children/AdolescentsWilliam Shearer; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- HIV-Related Proteinuria and Endothelial DysfunctionSamir Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2007..Dub6) in the fields of HIV metabolic and renal complications, renal vascular and glomerular pathology, and clinical trials design and implementation. ..
- Statistical Methods for Analysis of Array CGH DataRebecca Betensky; Fiscal Year: 2007..Sound statistical methods are required for efficient and valid analyses of these important data. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antiretroviral Therapy and the Hepatitis C VirusKenneth E Sherman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Monitoring HAART in HIV-infected parents in ThailandMarc Lallemant; Fiscal Year: 2008..A secondary endpoint is the number of drugs exhausted, taking into account cross-resistance mutations and shared toxicities. A pilot pharmacokinetic sub study will evaluate drug levels in the study population. ..
- Statistical Methods for the Analysis of Functional Genomic DataDebashis Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] 5. Dissemination of these results in user-friendly statistical software. ..
- Acquired mtDNA depletion and nucleoside reverse transciptase inhibitorsWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Experiments offer insights into improving therapy with antiretrovirals used in AIDS. ..
- Assessment of Infant Outcomes After in Utero Exposure to Antiretroviral TherapySonia Hernandez diaz; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to evaluate the risk of congenital malformations and other adverse pregnancy outcomes following antenatal exposure to ART in a prospective cohort of pregnant women. ..
- Standard zidovudine plus infant nevirapine to prevent perinatal HIV in ThailandMarc J Lallemant; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Understanding Patient Expectations of Treatment OutcomesKEVIN P contact WEINFURT; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- CARDIOMYOPATHY IN AIDSWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2009..HYPOTHESIS 4: mtDNA depletion (from any above) causes or results from oxidative stress. Antioxidants ameliorate oxidative stress from NRTIs by decreasing oxidation of mtDNA. ..
- Integrating HIV Resistance Data into the CNICS CohortJames Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2004..In this application we focus on adding the new data elements of viral resistance to the CNICS research network..
- NEVIRAPINE+ZIDOVUDINE--PREVENT PERINATAL HIV IN THAILANDMarc Lallemant; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- STATISTICAL METHODS FOR ANALYSIS OF FAILURE TIME DATARebecca Betensky; Fiscal Year: 2009..The methods may lead to faster discovery of cancer genes and effective treatments and to better understanding of disease progression through more efficient use of resources. ..
- True prevalence of pre-existing reverse transcriptase inhibitor resistance in treRafael Campo; Fiscal Year: 2008..Most importantly, unrecognized resistance might impair the efficacy of antiretroviral therapy, and its timely identification could lead to better treatment outcomes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hepatic mitochondrial oxidative stress, AIDS and alcoholWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Biochemical, molecular and pathological changes (above) are ameliorated. This serves as a "proof of principle". ..
- Statistical Methods of Cardiotoxicity Studies in AidsStuart Lipsitz; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Antiretroviral Pharmacology/Lactating Mother/InfantsMark Mirochnick; Fiscal Year: 2006..This information is needed for the safe and effective use of antiretrovirals in nursing women, and will pioneer a novel approach to the study of breast milk drug transfer. ..
- AIDS and Alcohol and CardiomyopathyWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Myofibrillar, nuclear and mitochondrial volumes are analyzed quantitatively (by transmission electron microscopy [TEM]). Volume fractions of extracellular matrix and of myocytes are determined morphometrically (light and TEM). ..
- Observational Cohort of HIV-Infected PersonsJames Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2005..Dr. Kahn's research program has the enthusiastic support of his deuartment. the leadership of the AIDS Research Institute at UCSF and other nationally recognized clinical researchers. ..
- Drug Resistance in Non-Subtype B HIV-1Susan Eshleman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Alcohol and HIV Progression in the Hopkins HIV CohortRichard Moore; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that our research will yield valuable results to better understand the relationship between alcohol use and HIV/AIDS. ..
- Polymorphism of Multi-Drug-Resistance Protein-1RODNEY HO; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Semiparametric Regression Analysis of Censored DataDanyu Lin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Applications to real medical studies will be provided. The research results will be disseminated to practicing statisticians and medical investigators via publications, lectures and software distributions. ..
- COGNITIVE NEUROPSYCHOLOGY OF HIV AND MDMA ABUSEEileen Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Statistical Methods for Analysis of Quantitative LOHRebecca Betensky; Fiscal Year: 2004..A secondary goal of this proposal is to identify and apply unbiased tests for linkage between marker loci and a gene with functional significance. ..
- A cell-based assay to measure HCV drug susceptibilityNeil Parkin; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- NK CELL ADCC AND CD4+ CELL APOPTOSIS IN HIV+ TISSUESGail Skowron; Fiscal Year: 2003..These relationships will be evaluated in the context of the clinical status of each patient group to be studied, and in comparison to HIV-uninfected subjects. ..
- HCV Genomic Variability in HIV Infected HemophiliacsKenneth Sherman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Treatment nonresponders will be followed in a prospective cohort study for up to 3 additional years so that the evolution of the virus, and its associated immune response in this group can be evaluated. ..
- Nucleoside analogs, mitochondria and AIDS cardiomyopathyWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2006..AIM 2: to define CM from HAART microscopically and ultrastructurally using morphometric methods. AIM 3: to define cardiac performance in CM from HAART echocardiographically and using Langendorff preparations. ..
- Fetal membrane fibroblasts:Proliferation/collagen synthMARK PLESSINGER; Fiscal Year: 2004..This research on fibroblasts from the amnion and from the chorion would lead to an understanding of responses to fibroblast modulators, which are present in the fetal membrane during pregnancy. ..
- CNS specific Knock-out and Multidrug TransportRODNEY HO; Fiscal Year: 2006..The potential benefits to overall biomedical research outweigh the calculated risks associated with this exploratory research. ..
- TULANE/LSU PEDIATRIC AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITRussell Van Dyke; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, we will continue to provide leadership in the areas of perinatal transmission of HIV, the complications of HIV infection, adolescent medicine, and behavioral issues such as adherence to therapy. ..
- Pediatric Clinical Trials Program for AIDSWilliam Shearer; Fiscal Year: 2006..g., Cardiovascular Complications of HIV Infection]) with over 1OO participating professionals give BCM the potential to exceed its past strong role in carrying out the scientific agenda of the PACTG. ..
- Drug susceptibility assay for non-subtypr B HIV-1Neil Parkin; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- ROLE OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE MUTATION IN HIV FITNESSPrem Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2002..It has been demonstrated that didanosine (ddI)-induced mutation L74V and 3TC-selected mutation M184V render a replication disadvantage to the virus and ..
- Tulane/LSU HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Networks UnitRussell Van Dyke; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] ADMINISTRATIVE COMPONENT: [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..