Genomes and Genes
Summary: A nucleoside consisting of the base guanine and the sugar deoxyribose.
Publications340 found, 100 shown here
- Genetic polymorphisms and alternative splicing of the hOGG1 gene, that is involved in the repair of 8-hydroxyguanine in damaged DNAT Kohno
Biology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Oncogene 16:3219-25. 1998..These results suggest that the oh8Gua levels are maintained at a steady level, even though multiple hOGG1 proteins are produced due to genetic polymorphisms, mutations and alternative splicing of the hOGG1 gene...
- Accumulation of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine and mitochondrial DNA deletion in kidney of diabetic ratsMaiko Kakimoto
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Diabetes 51:1588-95. 2002..At 8 weeks after the onset of diabetes, levels of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG), which is a marker of oxidative DNA damage, were significantly increased in mtDNA from kidney of ..
- 8-Hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine as a marker of oxidative DNA damage related to occupational and environmental exposuresA Pilger
Division of Occupational Medicine, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 80:1-15. 2006..So far major interest has been on measuring 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG), the preferred methods relying on HPLC or GC-mass spectrometry...
- Oxidative damage of periodontal tissue in the rat periodontitis model: effects of a high-cholesterol dietTakaaki Tomofuji
Department of Oral Health, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8525, Japan
FEBS Lett 580:3601-4. 2006..These results suggest that excessive tissue oxidative damage induced by high dietary cholesterol could potentiate pro-inflammatory cytokine production by fibroblasts stimulated with bacterial pathogens...
- 8-hydroxy-2' -deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG): A critical biomarker of oxidative stress and carcinogenesisAthanasios Valavanidis
Department of Chemistry, University of Athens, University Campus Zografou, Greece
J Environ Sci Health C Environ Carcinog Ecotoxicol Rev 27:120-39. 2009..In nuclear and mitochondrial DNA, 8-hydroxy-2' -deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) or 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2' -deoxyguanosine (8-oxodG) is one of the predominant forms of free radical-..
- Urinary 8-OHdG: a marker of oxidative stress to DNA and a risk factor for cancer, atherosclerosis and diabeticsLily L Wu
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Science Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Clin Chim Acta 339:1-9. 2004..9 +/- 42.1 ng/mg creatinine and 29.6 +/- 24.5 ng/mg creatinine for males, respectively. We found that the normal value between females and males is significantly different (p < 0.001)...
- The DNA polymerase gamma Y955C disease variant associated with PEO and parkinsonism mediates the incorporation and translesion synthesis opposite 7,8-dihydro-8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosineMaria A Graziewicz
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Hum Mol Genet 16:2729-39. 2007..7,8-dihydro-8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxo-dG) is one of the most common oxidative lesions in DNA and can promote transversion mutations...
- Repair of 8-oxodeoxyguanosine lesions in mitochondrial dna depends on the oxoguanine dna glycosylase (OGG1) gene and 8-oxoguanine accumulates in the mitochondrial dna of OGG1-defective miceN C de Souza-Pinto
Laboratory of Molecular Gerontology, National Institute on Aging, NIH, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Cancer Res 61:5378-81. 2001....
- Eight-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine in granulosa cells is correlated with the quality of oocytes and embryos in an in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer programTomofumi Seino
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata, Japan
Fertil Steril 77:1184-90. 2002To determine the effects of oxidative stress on the quality of oocytes and embryos, 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) in granulosa cells was quantitatively studied during an in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer (IVF-ET) program.
- Impairment of antioxidant enzymes, lipid peroxidation and 8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine in advanced epithelial ovarian carcinoma of a Spanish communityMaria Sanchez
Department of Pediatry, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Cancer Lett 233:28-35. 2006..the levels of malondialdehyde (MDA) as an indication of lipid peroxidation, and the DNA damaged base 8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxo-dG) have been also measured...
- Protective effect of vitamin C on 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine level in peripheral blood lymphocytes of chronic hemodialysis patientsDer Cherng Tarng
Faculty of Medicine, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Kidney Int 66:820-31. 2004This study focused on the effect of vitamin C on the 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) level of cellular DNA, as well as 8-oxoguanine-DNA glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) and human MutT homologue (hMTH1) gene expression in peripheral blood ..
- Melatonin enhances antioxidative enzyme gene expression (CAT, GPx, SOD), prevents their UVR-induced depletion, and protects against the formation of DNA damage (8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine) in ex vivo human skinTobias W Fischer
Department of Dermatology, Allergology and Venerology, University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
J Pineal Res 54:303-12. 2013..are key players in UVR-mediated photodamage and induce the DNA-base-oxidized, intermediate 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG)...
- Nucleotide excision repair of 2-acetylaminofluorene- and 2-aminofluorene-(C8)-guanine adducts: molecular dynamics simulations elucidate how lesion structure and base sequence context impact repair efficienciesHong Mu
Department of Biology, New York University, 100 Washington Square East, New York, NY 10003, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 40:9675-90. 2012..Overall, the greater NER efficiencies are correlated with greater extents of base sequence-dependent local untwisting and minor groove opening together with weaker stacking interactions...
- 8-Hydroxydeoxyguanosine: a new potential independent prognostic factor in breast cancerH Sova
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Oulu University Hospital, Finland
Br J Cancer 102:1018-23. 2010..8-OxodG formation is regulated by local antioxidant capacity and DNA repair enzyme activity. Earlier studies have reported contradictory data on the function of 8-oxodG as a prognostic factor in different cancer types...
- A single amino acid governs enhanced activity of DinB DNA polymerases on damaged templatesDaniel F Jarosz
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Nature 439:225-8. 2006..coli dinB gene is required for resistance to some DNA-damaging agents that form adducts at the N2-position of deoxyguanosine (dG)...
- Analysis of a form of oxidative DNA damage, 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine, as a marker of cellular oxidative stress during carcinogenesisH Kasai
Department of Environmental Oncology, Institute of Industrial Ecological Sciences, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Mutat Res 387:147-63. 19978-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OH-dG) was first reported in 1984 as a major form of oxidative DNA damage product by heated sugar, Fenton-type reagents and X-irradiation in vitro...
- Cellular background level of 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine: an isotope based method to evaluate artefactual oxidation of DNA during its extraction and subsequent work-upJean Luc Ravanat
Laboratoire Lesions des Acides Nucleiques, DRFMC SCIB UMR 5046 CEA Grenoble, 17 Avenue des Martyrs, F 38054 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Carcinogenesis 23:1911-8. 2002..In the present study, we have used (18)O-labelled 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodGuo) as an internal standard to evaluate the extent of artefactual DNA oxidation during the critical ..
- Synthesis of the C8-deoxyguanosine adduct of the food mutagen IQZ Wang
Department of Chemistry, Vanderbilt University, VU Station B 351822, Nashville, Tennessee 37235-1822, USA
Org Lett 3:565-8. 2001structure: see text] The C8-2'-deoxyguanosine adduct of the food mutagen 2-amino-3-methylimadazo[4,5-f]-quinoline (IQ) has been synthesized...
- Traffic air pollution and oxidatively generated DNA damage: can urinary 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2-deoxiguanosine be considered a good biomarker? A meta-analysisDaniele Lettieri Barbato
Food and Nutrition Unit, IRCCS San Raffaele Pisana, Rome, Italy
Biomarkers 15:538-45. 2010..The urinary excretion of 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2-deoxyguanosine (8oxodG) has often been used as a biomarker to evaluate the effect of air pollution on subjects occupationally ..
- The role of CSA in the response to oxidative DNA damage in human cellsM D'errico
Department of Environment and Primary Prevention, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena, Rome, Italy
Oncogene 26:4336-43. 2007..These findings support the hypothesis that defective repair of oxidative DNA damage is involved in the clinical features of CS patients...
- Dependence of substrate binding and catalysis on pH, ionic strength, and temperature for thymine DNA glycosylase: Insights into recognition and processing of G·T mispairsAtanu Maiti
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Greenebaum Cancer Center, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 21201, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 10:545-53. 2011..Our findings provide important insight into catalysis by TDG, particularly for mutagenic G·T mispairs...
- Evidence for selective mitochondrial autophagy and failure in agingGabriella Cavallini
Centro di Ricerca di Biologia e Patologia dell Invecchiamento, Universita di Pisa, Via Roma 55, Pisa 56126, Italy
Autophagy 3:26-7. 2007..Together, these data provide indirect evidence that 8-OHdG might accumulate in a small pool of mitochondria with increasing age rather than be degraded by the autophagic machinery selectively...
- Toward consensus in the analysis of urinary 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine as a noninvasive biomarker of oxidative stressMark D Evans
Department of Cancer Studies, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
FASEB J 24:1249-60. 2010Of the DNA-derived biomarkers of oxidative stress, urinary 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodG) is the most frequently measured...
- Urinary 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine as a biomarker in type 2 diabetesKasper Broedbaek
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacology Q7642, Rigshospitalet, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Free Radic Biol Med 51:1473-9. 2011..potentially could be used as a valuable biomarker in diabetes is the DNA oxidation marker 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodG), which can be assessed noninvasively in the urine, with minimal discomfort for the patient...
- Oxidative status in the lungs associated with tobacco smoke exposureSibel Doruk
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Gaziosmanpasa University Faculty of Medicine, Tokat, Turkey
Clin Chem Lab Med 49:2007-12. 2011..We aimed to investigate oxidative stress in the lungs associated with TS and to evaluate the effect of this stress with pulmonary function tests (PFTs)...
- Error prone translesion synthesis past gamma-hydroxypropano deoxyguanosine, the primary acrolein-derived adduct in mammalian cellsManorama Kanuri
Sealy Center for Molecular Science, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, USA
J Biol Chem 277:18257-65. 20028-Hydroxy-5,6,7,8-tetrahydropyrimido[1,2-a]purin- 10(3H)-one,3-(2'-deoxyriboside) (1,N(2)-gamma-hydroxypropano deoxyguanosine, gamma-HOPdG) is a major DNA adduct that forms as a result of exposure to acrolein, an environmental pollutant ..
- Unusual sequence effects on nucleotide excision repair of arylamine lesions: DNA bending/distortion as a primary recognition factorVipin Jain
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 41:869-80. 2013..This work represents a novel 3'-next flanking sequence effect as a unique NER factor for bulky arylamine lesions in E. coli...
- Aberrant expression of selenoproteins in the progression of colorectal cancerYoshiyuki Murawaki
Division of Medicine and Clinical Science, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Japan
Cancer Lett 259:218-30. 2008..4-HNE), malonyldialdehyde (MDA) and 4-hydroxy-2-hexenal (4-HHE), and the positive rate of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) in tumorous tissues were much higher than those in non-tumorous tissues...
- The vital role of polymerase ζ and REV1 in mutagenic, but not correct, DNA synthesis across benzo[a]pyrene-dG and recruitment of polymerase ζ by REV1 to replication-stalled siteKeiji Hashimoto
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8651, USA
J Biol Chem 287:9613-22. 2012..This indicates that a non-Y family polymerase(s) can insert a nucleotide opposite BPDE-dG, but the subsequent extension from miscoding termini depends on REV1-polζ in a RAD18-dependent manner...
- Lymphoblasts of women with BRCA1 mutations are deficient in cellular repair of 8,5'-Cyclopurine-2'-deoxynucleosides and 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosineHenry Rodriguez
Chemical Science and Technology Laboratory, and Statistical Engineering Division, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899 8311, USA
Biochemistry 46:2488-96. 2007..with breast cancer are deficient in the repair of some products of oxidative DNA damage, namely, 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine and 8,5'-cyclopurine-2'-deoxynucleosides...
- Nucleotide incorporation by human DNA polymerase gamma opposite benzo[a]pyrene and benzo[c]phenanthrene diol epoxide adducts of deoxyguanosine and deoxyadenosineMaria A Graziewicz
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, PO Box 12233, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 32:397-405. 2004..Here, we report for the first time the effect of site-specific N2-deoxyguanosine (dG) and N6-deoxyadenosine (dA) adducts derived from BaP 7,8-diol 9,10-epoxide (BaP DE) and dA adducts from ..
- Increased oxidative DNA damage, as assessed by urinary 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine concentrations, and serum redox status in persons exposed to mercuryChunying Chen
Key Laboratory of Nuclear Analytical Techniques and Laboratory for Nanoscale Materials and Related Bio Environmental Sciences, Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China
Clin Chem 51:759-67. 2005....
- Resistance of bulky DNA lesions to nucleotide excision repair can result from extensive aromatic lesion-base stacking interactionsDara A Reeves
Department of Chemistry, Department of Biology, New York University, New York, NY 10003, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 39:8752-64. 2011....
- Probing the conformational heterogeneity of the acetylaminofluorene-modified 2'-deoxyguanosine and DNA by 19F NMR spectroscopyB P Cho
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Rhode Island, Kingston 02881, USA
Biochemistry 38:7572-83. 1999..et al. (1997) J. Am. Chem. Soc. 119, 5384-5389]. The exclusive stacked nature of the AAF adducts may provide insight into why AAF adducts are more mutagenic and prone to repair than the nonacetylated AF adducts...
- Chemistry-based studies on oxidative DNA damage: formation, repair, and mutagenesisHiroshi Kasai
Department of Environmental Oncology, Institute of Industrial Ecological Sciences, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Free Radic Biol Med 33:450-6. 2002..By these studies, we found solid chemistry-based approaches were often useful to clarify the biological phenomena...
- Mitochondrial dysfunction, a probable cause of persistent oxidative stress after exposure to ionizing radiationTakako Yoshida
Department of Stem Cell Biology, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Free Radic Res 46:147-53. 2012..Although further experiments are required, results in this study support the hypothesis that mitochondrial dysfunction causes persistent oxidative stress that may contribute to promote radiation-induced genomic instability...
- Effects of 8-methylguanine on structure, stability and kinetics of formation of tetramolecular quadruplexesPhong Lan Thao Tran
INSERM U869, European Institute of Chemistry and Biology, Bordeaux University, 2 rue Robert Escarpit, Pessac, France
Biochimie 93:399-408. 2011..In this study, we investigated the effect of an 8-methyl-2'-deoxyguanosine residue (M) on the structure and stability of tetramolecular parallel G-quadruplexes...
- Influence of flanking sequence context on the conformational flexibility of aminofluorene-modified dG adduct in dA mismatch DNA duplexesNidhi Jain
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 37:1628-37. 2009....
- Elevated levels of the pro-carcinogenic adduct, O(6)-methylguanine, in normal DNA from the cancer prone regions of the large bowelA C Povey
Cancer Research Campaign Section of Genome Damage and Repair, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, M20 9BX, UK
Gut 47:362-5. 2000..The biological significance of this exposure is, as yet, unknown but in situ NOC formation is bacterially catalysed suggesting that NOC formation and potentially DNA alkylation will vary throughout the large bowel...
- Levels of reduced and oxidized coenzyme Q-10 and 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine in the CSF of patients with Alzheimer's disease demonstrate that mitochondrial oxidative damage and/or oxidative DNA damage contributes to the neurodegenerative processChiaki Isobe
Department of Neurology, Iwate Medical University, 19 1 Uchimaru, Morioka, Iwate, 020 0805, Japan
J Neurol 257:399-404. 2010..to measure the concentrations of the reduced and oxidized forms of coenzyme Q-10 (CoQ-10) and 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of 30 patients with AD and in 30 age-matched controls with no ..
- Chronic exposure to cadmium and arsenic strongly influences concentrations of 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine in urineKarin S Engström
Section of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Free Radic Biol Med 48:1211-7. 2010..As), cadmium (Cd), and lead (Pb) may generate oxidative stress, which can be assessed by 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodG) in urine, a sensitive marker of oxidatively damaged DNA...
- DNA damage in human spermatozoa is highly correlated with the efficiency of chromatin remodeling and the formation of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine, a marker of oxidative stressGeoffry N De Iuliis
ARC Centre of Excellence in Biotechnology and Development and Hunter Medical Research Institute, Discipline of Biological Sciences, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, New South Wales 2308, Australia
Biol Reprod 81:517-24. 2009..protamination, mitochondrial membrane potential, and formation of the oxidative base adduct, 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8OHdG), were monitored by flow cytometry/fluorescence microscopy...
- The effect of urban air pollution on inflammation, oxidative stress, coagulation, and autonomic dysfunction in young adultsKai Jen Chuang
Institute of Occupational Medicine and Industrial Hygiene, College of Public Health, Taiwan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 176:370-6. 2007..The biological mechanisms linking air pollution to cardiovascular events still remain largely unclear...
- Biomarkers of oxidative stress study II: are oxidation products of lipids, proteins, and DNA markers of CCl4 poisoning?M B Kadiiska
Department of Health and Human Services, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, P O Box 12233, MD F0 02, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 38:698-710. 2005..MDA), isoprostanes, protein carbonyls, methionine sulfoxidation, tyrosine products, 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG), leukocyte DNA-MDA adducts, and DNA-strand breaks were investigated to determine whether the ..
- Global gene expression analysis reveals differences in cellular responses to hydroxyl- and superoxide anion radical-induced oxidative stress in caco-2 cellsJacob J Briedé
Netherlands Toxicogenomics Centre, Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Maastricht University, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
Toxicol Sci 114:193-203. 2010....
- Site-specific incorporation of N-(deoxyguanosin-8-yl)-2-acetylaminofluorene (dG-AAF) into oligonucleotides using modified 'ultra-mild' DNA synthesisLudovic C J Gillet
Institute for Molecular Cancer Research, University of Zürich August Forel Strasse 7, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Nucleic Acids Res 33:1961-9. 2005..Our synthetic approach should facilitate comprehensive studies of the mechanisms of repair and mutagenesis induced by dG-AAF adducts in DNA and should be of general use for the incorporation of base-labile functionalities into DNA...
- Products of oxidative DNA damage and repair as possible biomarkers of susceptibility to lung cancerDaniel Gackowski
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, The L Rydygier Medical University, 85 092 Bydgoszcz, Poland
Cancer Res 63:4899-902. 2003The broad spectrum of oxidative DNA damage biomarkers [urinary excretion of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OH-dGuo) and 8-hydroxyguanine (8-OH-Gua)] and the level of oxidative DNA damage and repair in leukocytes DNA were analyzed in three ..
- Effect of increased vegetable and fruit consumption on markers of oxidative cellular damageH J Thompson
Center for Nutrition in the Prevention of Disease, AMC Cancer Research Center, Lakewood, CO 80214, USA
Carcinogenesis 20:2261-6. 1999....
- An AP site can protect against the mutagenic potential of 8-oxoG when present within a tandem clustered site in E. coliSiobhan M T Cunniffe
Medical Research Council, Radiation and Genome Stability Unit, Harwell, Didcot, Oxfordshire OX11 0RD, UK
DNA Repair (Amst) 6:1839-49. 2007..This study demonstrates that tandem lesions can present a challenge to the repair machinery of the cell...
- Higher leukocyte 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine and lower plasma ascorbate in aging humans?Agnieszka Siomek
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz, Karlowicza, Poland
Antioxid Redox Signal 9:143-50. 2007..authors note a positive correlation between the age of human subjects with the level of 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodG) in leukocyte DNA...
- Specificity of DNA lesion bypass by the yeast DNA polymerase etaF Yuan
Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
J Biol Chem 275:8233-9. 2000..These results suggest that other than UV damage, Pol(eta) may also play a role in bypassing additional DNA lesions, some of which can be error-prone...
- Effects of Sho-Saiko-to on hepatocarcinogenesis and 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine formationGoshi Shiota
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Hepatology 35:1125-33. 2002..8-Hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG), a DNA adduct by reactive oxygen species, is known as a parameter of genetic risk for ..
- Oxidative stress and 8-oxoguanine repair are enhanced in colon adenoma and carcinoma patientsTomasz Obtulowicz
Department of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Pawinskiego 5A, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
Mutagenesis 25:463-71. 2010..healthy volunteers (controls, n = 99), we measured: vitamins A, C and E in blood plasma, 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodG) and 8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanine (8-oxoGua) in leukocytes and urine, leukocyte 8-oxoGua excision ..
- Processing of thymine glycol in a clustered DNA damage site: mutagenic or cytotoxicSophie Bellon
DNA Damage Group, Gray Institute for Radiation Oncology and Biology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7DQ, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 37:4430-40. 2009....
- Comparison of analyses of urinary 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine by isotope-dilution liquid chromatography with electrospray tandem mass spectrometry and by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assayChiung Wen Hu
Division of Environmental Health and Occupational Medicine, National Health Research Institute, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 18:505-10. 2004..liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry (LC/MS/MS), for quantification of urinary 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG), an important biomarker of oxidative stress, was developed and compared with a method using an enzyme-..
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor facilitates DNA strand breaks and 8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine formation by the aldo-keto reductase product benzo[a]pyrene-7,8-dioneJong Heum Park
Center of Excellence in Environmental Toxicology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6084, USA
J Biol Chem 284:29725-34. 2009..They induce oxidative DNA lesions (reactive oxygen species-mediated DNA strand breaks and 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxo-dGuo) formation) in human lung cells...
- Comparison of hepatic oxidative DNA damage in patients with chronic hepatitis B and CN Fujita
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Division of Clinical Medicine and Biomedical Science, Institute of Medical Sciences, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Mie, Japan
J Viral Hepat 15:498-507. 2008....
- 8-oxodGTP incorporation by DNA polymerase beta is modified by active-site residue Asn279H Miller
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8651, USA
Biochemistry 39:1029-33. 2000..This suggests that interactions of 8-oxodGTP with Asn279 in the polymerase active site may alter the conformation of 8-oxodGTP and therefore alter its misincorporation...
- Hepatic oxidative DNA damage correlates with iron overload in chronic hepatitis C patientsNaoki Fujita
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Division of Clinical Medicine and Biomedical Science, Institute of Medical Science, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Mie, Japan
Free Radic Biol Med 42:353-62. 2007..To determine the relevance of hepatic oxidatively generated DNA damage in CH-C, 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) adducts were quantified in liver biopsy specimens by immunohistochemical staining, and its ..
- Ochratoxin a forms a carbon-bonded c8-deoxyguanosine nucleoside adduct: implications for c8 reactivity by a phenolic radicalJian Dai
Department of Chemistry, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27109, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:3716-7. 2003The ability of the carcinogenic fungal toxin Ochratoxin A (OTA, 1) to react with deoxyguanosine (dG) has been assessed using electrospray mass spectrometry and NMR...
- Study of urinary 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine as a biomarker of oxidative DNA damage in diabetic nephropathy patientsG W Xu
National Chromatographic R and A Center, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116011, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 36:101-4. 2004..The increased excretion of urinary 8-OHdG is seen as indicating an increased systemic level of oxidative DNA damage in diabetic nephropathy patients...
- Urinary 8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine: redox regulation of DNA repair in vivo?Joseph Lunec
Oxidative Stress Group, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Leicester, Robert Kilpatrick Clinical Sciences Building, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Free Radic Biol Med 33:875-85. 2002..8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodG) is probably one of the most abundant DNA lesion formed during oxidative stress...
- Significance of the urinary 8-OHdG level as an oxidative stress marker in lung cancer patientsTokujiro Yano
Department of Surgery, Saga Prefectural Hospital Koseikan, Saga, Japan
Lung Cancer 63:111-4. 2009..In the present study, we investigated the relationship between the urinary excretion rate of the oxidized nucleoside 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) and clinical factors in lung cancer patients...
- Which comes first: renal inflammation or oxidative stress in spontaneously hypertensive rats?Subrata K Biswas
Division of Nephrology, Renal Pathophysiology Laboratory, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, 13084 971 Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Free Radic Res 41:216-24. 2007..Renal oxidative stress (nitrotyrosine, 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine and p47phox) was also clearly elevated in 3-week-old SHR compared with age-matched WKY rats...
- Concentrations of urinary 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine and 8-isoprostane in women exposed to woodsmoke in a cookstove intervention study in San Marcos, PeruAdwoa A Commodore
Environmental Health Science Department, College of Public Health, University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA
Environ Int 60:112-22. 2013..by investigating the association between woodsmoke exposure and biomarkers of DNA oxidation (8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine [8-OHdG]) and lipid peroxidation (8-isoprostane) among control and intervention stove users...
- Increased oxidative damage to peripheral blood leukocyte DNA in chronic peritoneal dialysis patientsDer Cherng Tarng
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, and Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:1321-30. 2002..8-Hydroxy 2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) contents in peripheral leukocyte DNA were measured by an HPLC-electrochemical detection method in 24 ..
- Urinary analysis of 8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanine and 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine by isotope-dilution LC-MS/MS with automated solid-phase extraction: Study of 8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanine stabilityChiung Wen Hu
Department of Public Health, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Free Radic Biol Med 48:89-97. 2010..developed to simultaneously and directly measure 8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanine (8-oxoGua) and 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodGuo) in urine...
- Urinary markers of nucleic acid oxidation and long-term mortality of newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic patientsKasper Broedbaek
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes Care 34:2594-6. 2011..We analyzed data from a cohort of 1,381 newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic patients to test the hypothesis that urinary markers of nucleic acid oxidation are independent predictors of mortality...
- Cyclooxygenase-2, malondialdehyde and pyrimidopurinone adducts of deoxyguanosine in human colon cellsR A Sharma
Oncology Department and MRC Toxicology Unit, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 9HN, UK
Carcinogenesis 22:1557-60. 2001..MDA reacts with DNA to form adducts, predominantly the pyrimidopurinone adduct of deoxyguanosine (M(1)G)...
- Does oxidative damage to DNA increase with age?M L Hamilton
Department of Physiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:10469-74. 2001The levels of 8-oxo-2-deoxyguanosine (oxo8dG) in DNA isolated from tissues of rodents (male F344 rats, male B6D2F1 mice, male C57BL/6 mice, and female C57BL/6 mice) of various ages were measured using sodium iodide to prevent oxidative ..
- Structure of (5'S)-8,5'-cyclo-2'-deoxyguanosine in DNAHai Huang
Department of Chemistry, Center in Molecular Toxicology, Center for Structural Biology, and the Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37235, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:20357-68. 2011..The 8,5'-cyclo-2'-deoxyguanosine lesion (cdG) has been recently reported to be a strong block of replication and highly mutagenic in ..
- Preliminary study of children's exposure to PAHs and its association with 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine in Guangzhou, ChinaRuifang Fan
Key Laboratory of Ecology and Environmental Science in Guangdong Higher Education, College of Life Science, South China Normal University, Guangzhou 510631, China
Environ Int 42:53-8. 2012..Oxidative stress is believed to be involved in carcinogenesis, and urinary 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) was used as the biomarker to assess such DNA damage...
- Partial inhibition of estrogen-induced mammary carcinogenesis in rats by tamoxifen: balance between oxidant stress and estrogen responsivenessBhupendra Singh
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25125. 2011..The inability of tamoxifen to completely inhibit E2-induced breast carcinogenesis may be because of increased estrogen-mediated oxidant burden...
- Analysis of DNA adducts in rats exposed to pentachlorophenolPo Hsiung Lin
Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7400, USA
Carcinogenesis 23:365-9. 2002....
- Rapid measurement of 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine in human biological matrices using ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryPatricia M W Lam
Oxidative Stress Group, Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine, University of Leicester, Leicester LE2 7LX, UK
Free Radic Biol Med 52:2057-63. 2012..of reactive oxygen species with DNA results in a variety of modifications, including 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodG), which has been extensively studied as a biomarker of oxidative stress...
- Urinary 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine as a biomarker of oxidative DNA damage induced by ambient pollution in the Normative Aging StudyCizao Ren
Department of Environmental Health, Exposure, Epidemiology and Risk Program, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Occup Environ Med 68:562-9. 2011..Studies show that exposure to air pollution damages human health, but the mechanisms are not fully understood. One suggested pathway is via oxidative stress...
- Increased oxidative DNA damage, lipid peroxidation, and reactive oxygen species in cultured orbital fibroblasts from patients with Graves' ophthalmopathy: evidence that oxidative stress has a role in this disorderC C Tsai
Department of Ophthalmology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Eye (Lond) 24:1520-5. 2010..We investigated the oxidative stress in orbital fibroadipose tissues and cultured orbital fibroblasts from patients with Graves' ophthalmopathy (GO)...
- Low 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine levels and influence of genetic background in an Andean population exposed to high levels of arsenicKarin S Engström
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Mutat Res 683:98-105. 2010Arsenic (As) causes oxidative stress through generation of reactive oxygen species. 8-Oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodG), a sensitive marker of oxidative DNA damage, has been associated with As exposure in some studies, but not ..
- Bovine lactoferrin potently inhibits liver mitochondrial 8-OHdG levels and retrieves hepatic OGG1 activities in Long-Evans Cinnamon ratsAkihito Tsubota
Institute of Clinical Medicine and Research ICMR, Jikei University School of Medicine, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
J Hepatol 48:486-93. 2008..To assess the effect of lactoferrin on oxidative liver damage and its mechanism, we used Long-Evans Cinnamon (LEC) rats that spontaneously develop fulminant-like hepatitis and lethal hepatic failure...
- Preferential misincorporation of purine nucleotides by human DNA polymerase eta opposite benzo[a]pyrene 7,8-diol 9,10-epoxide deoxyguanosine adductsDominic Chiapperino
Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, NIDDK, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 277:11765-71. 2002Human DNA polymerase eta was used to copy four stereoisomeric deoxyguanosine (dG) adducts derived from benzo[a]pyrene 7,8-diol 9,10-epoxide (diastereomer with the 7-hydroxyl group and epoxide oxygen trans (BaP DE-2))...
- Reference ranges of urinary biomarkers of oxidized guanine in (2'-deoxy)ribonucleotides and nucleic acidsRoberta Andreoli
Laboratory of Industrial Toxicology, Department of Clinical Medicine, Nephrology, and Health Sciences, ISPESL National Institute for Occupational Safety and Prevention, Research Center, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Free Radic Biol Med 50:254-61. 2011..the following markers were determined by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry: 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodGuo), 8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanosine (8-oxoGuo), 8-oxo-7,8-dihydroguanine (8-oxoGua), and cotinine...
- Analysis of 7,8-dihydro-8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine in cellular DNA during oxidative stressDipti Mangal
Centers for Cancer Pharmacology and Excellence in Environmental Toxicology, University of Pennsylvania, 854 BRB II III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6160, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 22:788-97. 2009Analysis of cellular 7,8-dihydro-8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxo-dGuo) as a biomarker of oxidative DNA damage has been fraught with numerous methodological problems...
- Immunohistochemical evaluation of oxidative stress markers in chronic hepatitis CSabina Mahmood
Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Liver Diseases, Kawasaki Hospital, Kawasaki Medical School, Okayama 700 0986, Japan
Antioxid Redox Signal 6:19-24. 2004..Detection of OS markers may be important for monitoring disease progression in HCV patients. Antioxidant therapy in combination with antiviral therapy may minimize liver damage and aid in the prevention and subsequent development of HCC...
- Identification and characterization of novel stable deoxyguanosine and deoxyadenosine adducts of benzo[a]pyrene-7,8-quinone from reactions at physiological pHNarayanan Balu
Environmental Carcinogenesis Division, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Office of Research and Development, U S Environmental Protection Agency, B143 06, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 17:827-38. 2004..In this study, the reactivity of BPQ toward 2'-deoxyguanosine (dG) and 2'-deoxyadenosine (dA) nucleosides under physiological pH conditions is examined...
- Simultaneous HPLC analysis of 8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine and 7-methylguanine in urine from humans and rodentsPeter Svoboda
Department of Environmental Oncology, Institute of Industrial Ecological Sciences, University of Occupational Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Anal Biochem 334:239-50. 2004....
- Mutagenesis and repair induced by the DNA advanced glycation end product N2-1-(carboxyethyl)-2'-deoxyguanosine in human cellsDaniel Tamae
Division of Molecular Medicine, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, California 91010, United States
Biochemistry 50:2321-9. 2011..we prepared shuttle vectors containing defined levels of the DNA glycation adduct N(2)-(1-carboxyethyl)-2'-deoxyguanosine (CEdG) and transfected them into isogenic human fibroblasts that differed solely in the capacity to conduct ..
- Salvage of oxidized guanine derivatives in the (2'-deoxy)ribonucleotide pool as source of mutations in DNAPaul T Henderson
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California Davis Medical Center, 4501 X Street, Suite 3016, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Mutat Res 703:11-7. 2010Recent evidence suggests that salvage of 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodG) and 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-guanine (8-oxoGua) can contribute substantially to levels of 8-oxoGua in DNA and RNA...
- Hierarchy of DNA damage recognition in Escherichia coli nucleotide excision repairY Zou
Sealy Center for Molecular Science and Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, USA
Biochemistry 40:2923-31. 2001..These data suggest that E. coli NER features a dynamic two-stage recognition mechanism...
- Mutagenic events in Escherichia coli and mammalian cells generated in response to acetylaminofluorene-derived DNA adducts positioned in the Nar I restriction enzyme siteXingzhi Tan
Laboratory of Chemical Biology, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8651, USA
Biochemistry 41:14255-62. 2002..3-21%, the higher value at G(2). We conclude from this study that the mutation potential of dG-AAF and dG-AF depends on the structure of the adduct, the sequence context of the lesion, and the host cell used for the experiment...
- Prooxidant action of gallic acid compounds: copper-dependent strand breaks and the formation of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine in DNAM Yoshino
Department of Biochemistry, Aichi Medical University School of Medicine, Nagakute, Aichi 480 1195, Japan
Toxicol In Vitro 16:705-9. 2002..and calf thymus with gallic acid plus copper ion caused strand scission and the formation of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine in DNA...
- 8-Hydroxy-2'-deoxy-guanosine is a risk factor for development of hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infectionMakoto Chuma
Department of Gastroentelology and Hematology, Hokkaido University Hospital, Kitaku, Sapporo, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:1431-6. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether expression of 8-OHdG is a risk factor for the development of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection...
- Levels of reduced and oxidized coenzyme Q-10 and 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients with living Parkinson's disease demonstrate that mitochondrial oxidative damage and/or oxidative DNA damage contributes to the neurodegenerChiaki Isobe
Department of Neurology, Iwate Medical University, 19 1 Uchimaru, Morioka, Iwate 020 0805, Japan
Neurosci Lett 469:159-63. 2010..to measure concentrations of the reduced and oxidized forms of coenzyme Q-10 (CoQ-10) and 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of 20 patients with PD and 20 age-matched controls with no ..
- Antioxidant enzyme activities and the production of MDA and 8-oxo-dG in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaA M Oltra
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Free Radic Biol Med 30:1286-92. 2001..oxidized/reduced glutathione (GSSG/GSH) ratio together with the levels of malondialdehyde (MDA) and 8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxo-dG) in lymphocytes of CLL patients and compared them with those of normal subjects of the same age...
- Phenylalanine 171 is a molecular brake for translesion synthesis across benzo[a]pyrene-guanine adducts by human DNA polymerase kappaAkira Sassa
Division of Genetics and Mutagenesis, National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Mutat Res 718:10-7. 2011..These results suggest that F171 functions as a molecular brake for TLS across BPDE-N(2)-dG by Pol κ and that the F171A derivative of Pol κ bypasses these DNA lesions more actively than does the wild-type enzyme...
- (5'S)-8,5'-cyclo-2'-deoxyguanosine is a strong block to replication, a potent pol V-dependent mutagenic lesion, and is inefficiently repaired in Escherichia coliVijay P Jasti
Department of Chemistry, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269, United States
Biochemistry 50:3862-5. 2011..A plasmid containing (5'S)-8,5'-cyclo-2'-deoxyguanosine (S-cdG) was replicated in Escherichia coli with specific DNA polymerase knockouts...
- 4-(Methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone is correlated with 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine in humans after exposure to environmental tobacco smokeHung Che Chiang
Division of Environmental Health and Occupational Medicine, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Miaoli County, Taiwan, ROC
Sci Total Environ 414:134-9. 2012..Furthermore, this correlation supports the hypothesis that oxidative DNA damage is one of major adverse effects induced by ETS exposure in humans...
- Vitamin A and C compounds permitted in supplements differ in their abilities to affect cell viability, DNA and the DNA nucleoside deoxyguanosineTherese Bergström
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, SE 141 83 Huddinge, Sweden
Mutagenesis 26:735-44. 2011..the DNA and viability of cells in culture, but also their potencies to chemically oxidise the DNA nucleoside deoxyguanosine (dG)...
- Vitamins at physiological levels cause oxidation to the DNA nucleoside deoxyguanosine and to DNA--alone or in synergism with metalsTherese Bergström
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Novum, SE 141 83 Huddinge, Sweden
Mutagenesis 27:511-7. 2012..oxidation potencies were studied by measuring the amount of the oxidation product 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodG) formed from the DNA nucleoside deoxyguanosine (dG) after vitamin exposure, using a high-performance ..
- Non-linear accumulation of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine, a marker of oxidized DNA damage, during agingT Kaneko
Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Japan
Mutat Res 316:277-85. 1996..An oxidized nucleoside, 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG), is a proposed biomarker for DNA damaged by oxidative stress...
- The relationship between 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine level and extent of cytosine methylation in leukocytes DNA of healthy subjects and in patients with colon adenomas and carcinomasJolanta Guz
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Collegium Medicum, Nicolaus Copernicus University, Karlowicza 24, 85 092 Bydgoszcz, Poland
Mutat Res 640:170-3. 2008..Therefore, the aim of the present study was to assess a possible link between 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxodG) background level and 5-methylcytosine content in DNA from human leukocytes of healthy subjects (n=..
- Conformational and thermodynamic properties modulate the nucleotide excision repair of 2-aminofluorene and 2-acetylaminofluorene dG adducts in the NarI sequenceVipin Jain
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 40:3939-51. 2012..The present results provide valuable conformational insight into the sequence-dependent UvrABC incisions of the bulky aminofluorene DNA adducts...
- Comparison of Diesel and Biodiesel Emissions and Health Effects in Underground MiJefferey L Burgess; Fiscal Year: 2013..Urinary 8- hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) will be assayed to assess oxidative DNA damage...
- The influence of selenium on biomarkers of prostate cancer riskKARAM E EL-BAYOUMY; Fiscal Year: 2012..biomarkers of oxidative stress blood glutathione (GSH) and protein bound GSH (bGSH), urinary 8-hydroxy- 22-deoxyguanosine levels, urinary and plasma F2-isoprostane levels, and plasma 3-nitrotyrosine levels, and 4...
- A Targeted Preemptive Approach to Addressing Mitochondrial Toxicity of NucleosideJohn K Buolamwini; Fiscal Year: 2013..starting with rate-limiting monophosphorylation by mitochondrial-specific thymidine kinase 2 (TK-2) and/or deoxyguanosine kinase (dGK). Mitochondrial membrane nucleoside transporters (NTs) import NRTIs from the cytoplasm...
- Exposure and biological response biomarkers of cigarette smokeIAN ALEXANDER BLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2010..problems so that the current state-of-the-art involves the use of a COMET assay to measure 8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine (dGuo) lesions...
- Cancer induction in the ovary by an environmental pollutant, dibenzo[a,l]pyreneKun Ming Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..from dihydrodiol metabolite of DB[a,l]P can lead to the formation of the mutagenic lesion, 8-hydroxy-2'- deoxyguanosine (8-oxo-dG)...
- Aldo-Keto Reductases and PAH Metabolism/ActivationTrevor M Penning; Fiscal Year: 2013..results in the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and formation of the mutagenic lesion 8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-oxo-dGuo)...
- Impact of MC1R Functional Variants on the DNA Damage Response of Human MelanocyteSANCY ANN LEACHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..human melanocytes affect the UV-induced levels and repair rates of cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers and 8-hydroxy-deoxyguanosine, generation of reactive oxygen species, and stimulation of melanogenesis in cultured melanocytes and skin ..
- DNA damage repair by MUTYH and MUTYH variants associated with colorectal cancerSHEILA SUE DAVID; Fiscal Year: 2013..formerly MYH) play an important role in the prevention of mutations associated with 8-oxo-7,8-dihydro-2'-deoxyguanosine (OG) by removal of misincorporated adenine residues from OG:A mismatches...
- Translesion DNA synthesis in humansLouise Prakash; Fiscal Year: 2012..be studied include UV photoproducts, and DNA adducts such as 1,N6-ethenodeoxyadenosine, 1,N2-propano-2'-deoxyguanosine, and (+) trans-dG-N2- benzo[a]pyrene diol epoxide, which result from cellular oxidative damage and from ..
- Molecular dosimetry of endogeneous genotoxinsIAN ALEXANDER BLAIR; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have now shown that heptanone-etheno-2'-deoxyguanosine heptanone-etheno-21- deoxy-cytidine adducts are formed in the DNA of rat intestinal epithelial cells that ..
- Role of p53-mediated unconventional functions in tumor suppressionWei Gu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Notably, ROS production causes DNA damage through oxidation of nucleotide bases by increasing 8-hydroxy-22-deoxyguanosine (8-OH-dG) levels...
- Biomarkers of Oxidative Stress in Parkinson's DiseaseM Flint Beal; Fiscal Year: 2010..We recently found reduced uric acid and increased 8-hydroxy-2-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) in plasma of PD patients...
- CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY OF MALONDIALDEHYDE DNA ADDUCTSLawrence J Marnett; Fiscal Year: 2013..formed on reaction of MDA/base propenals with deoxynucleosides and DNA;demonstrated that the major adduct to deoxyguanosine (MldG) is mutagenic in bacterial and mammalian cells;revealed that MldG is repaired by nucleotide excision ..
- Cancer Prevention/Risk Assessments from DNA Modification LevelsNathalie Zeitouni; Fiscal Year: 2010..remnant, (c) an imidazolidene modification of deoxycytosine, (d) a formamide modification derived from deoxyguanosine (Fapy G) and (e) a hydroxyhydroperoxy derivative of thymidine...
- Structural and Mechanistic Studies of Error-Prone PolymerasesJanice D Pata; Fiscal Year: 2012..The Y-family polymerases that belong to the DinB subfamily are able to bypass damaged deoxyguanosine bases accurately by incorporating deoxycytidine nucleotides opposite the lesion...
- Role of human DNA polymerase kappa in replicative bypass of DNA lesionsSatya Prakash; Fiscal Year: 2013..N2-(3-hydroxyl propyl-2'-deoxygunaosine [(r)-3HOPdG] and the bulky trans-4-hydroxy-2-non-enal- deoxyguanosine (HNE-dG) adducts that result from the reaction of N2-dG with aldehydes or enals generated from free radical ..
- Genetic control of replication through DNA lesions in humans, and carcinogenesisSatya Prakash; Fiscal Year: 2013..resulting from cellular oxidative damage and from exposure to chemical carcinogens, 1,N2-propano-2'-deoxyguanosine (PdG), a ring-closed form of acrolein generated from lipid peroxidation and which also is a ubiquitous ..
- Oxidative DNA Damage and CpG MutagenesisYinsheng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..to Fenton reagents and investigate how cytosine methylation affects the formation of 8,5'-cyclo-2'-deoxyguanosine at CpG site...
- Gastrin-Releasing Peptide and Bronchopulmonary DysplasiaJudith A Voynow; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 2: To determine whether reactive oxygen species (indicated by elevated urinary F2-isoprostane metabolites, 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine, allantoin) directly correlate with increased GRP.
- ROS-induced Nucleic Acid DamageYinsheng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, we are going to examine how 6-thio-2'-deoxyguanosine and its oxidation/methylation products perturb the methylation of cytosine residues at CpG site and affect the ..
- ALKYLTRANSFERASE INHIBITORS FOR CANCER CHEMOTHERAPYSreenivas Kanugula; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) Preliminary results also indicate that other folate derivatives of BG or O6-benzyl-2'-deoxyguanosine and oligodeoxynucleotides containing multiple BG residues also have properties that would provide improved AGT ..
- ENALS IN TUMORIGENESISFung Lung Chung; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will focus on the cyclic deoxyguanosine adducts, the major sites of modification in DNA by enals: acrolein (Acr-dG), t-4-hydroxy-2-nonenal (HNE-dG), ..
- Oxidative damage to DNA: implications for neurodegeneration in agingFernando Cardozo-Pelaez; Fiscal Year: 2012..implications for neurodegeneration in aging Accumulation of the oxidatively damaged DNA base 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (oxo8dG) in distinct brain regions afflicted by neuronal loss is a common finding in aging and neurological ..
- METALS/NUCLEOSIDE HYDROPEROXIDE MEDIATED GENETIC DAMAGEKrystyna Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 1992..HMdU) and 5-formyl-2'-deoxyuridine (FdU) and one potential DNA oxidation product [8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (89HdG)] on conformation of DNA will be established using synthetic oligomers, as well as mutagenicity of FdU ..
- OXIDATION OF MACROMOLECULES IN SPINAL CORD INJURYDanxia Liu; Fiscal Year: 2001..The time courses of production of 8- hydroxy-2-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG)- a marker of DNA oxidation, protein carbonyl content (PCC)- an indicator of protein oxidation, and ..
- PHARMACOLOGY OF DIDEOXYNUCLEOSIDES IN SMALL INTESTINALJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 1991..deoxycytidine, deoxyinosine, deoxyadenosine and adenosine), and the incorporation of DNA precursor (Deoxyguanosine) and RNA precursor (uridine)...
- Chemoprevention of Uterine Cancer Risk by AntioxidantsMinoti Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2003..metabolites of Tam and E2 and detect the formation of DNA adducts, depurinating adducts and 8-hydroxy deoxyguanosine as indicators of DNA damage, b) to asses the chemopreventive efficacy of antioxidants ascorbate (vitamin C) ..
- NEW APPROACH TO THE REGULATION OF HUMAN T CELL FUNCTIONWilliam Osborne; Fiscal Year: 1990..lymphocytes will be determined by autoradiography and catalytic assay and the kinetics of phosphorylation of deoxyguanosine by purified enzymes...
- DESIGN AND SYNTHESIS OF OLIGONUCLEOTIDE ANALOGUE ANTIVIRDonald Bergstrom; Fiscal Year: 1993..N-2 of deoxyguanosine will serve as a site for tethering an imidazole to be positioned adjacent to the 2'-OH of the complementary ..
- DIET, ENDOTHELIAL FUNCTION AND PEDIATRIC HYPERLIPIDEMIAMarguerite Engler; Fiscal Year: 2004..and platelet activating factor acetyl hydrolase), indices of oxidative stress (oxidized LDL, 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine), immune function (inflammatory cytokines, plasma adhesion molecules), and blood pressure...
- ACTIVATION OF CHEMOTHERAPEUTIC AGENTS IN LEUKEMIC CELLSDonna Shewach; Fiscal Year: 1992Chemotherapeutic nuclosides such as deoxyguanosine, guanine arabinoside (araG) and cytosine arabinoside (araC) require activation by deoxycytidine kinase for anti-tumor activity...
- MUTAGENICITY OF BENZENE METABOLITESWilliam Bodell; Fiscal Year: 2000..para-benzoquione and hydroquione treatment groups are consistent with being derived from N2-(4-hydroxy phenyl) deoxyguanosine the DNA adduct identified as being formed by these two metabolites...
- Modifying Oxidative Damage in WAVEMichael Steffes; Fiscal Year: 2003..of compounds (lipids by F2-isoprostanes, proteins by nitrotyrosine and chlorotyrosine, and DNA by 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine), thereby studying several major pathways that may lead to atherogenesis...
- MECHANISM OF ANTICARCINOGENIC EFFECT OF ANTIOXIDANTSYOGESH AWASTHI; Fiscal Year: 2000..8 and mGSTA4-4, and the effect of their overexpression on the formation of 8-hydroxy-2-deoxyguanosine in response to oxidative stress will be determined...
- New Mechanism of Carcinogen and Antioxidant DetectionMICHAEL SIROVER; Fiscal Year: 2006..ELISA analysis will be performed using anti-(poly-ADP) ribose and anti-8-OH-2'-deoxyguanosine antibodies to quantitate the formation of ADP-ribosylated proteins and the formation of oxidative DNA lesions, ..
- Modulation of Oxidative Damage by Tea PolyphenolsJia Sheng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2002..The level of 8-hydroxy-2'- deoxyguanosine, a biomarker for oxidative DNA damage, increases in hepatitis B virus surface antigen positive and aflatoxin-..
- DNA ALKYLATION DAMAGE, LESION STRUCTURE AND REPAIRCarlos de Los Santos; Fiscal Year: 2001..he will synthesize large quantities of oligodeoxynucleotide duplexes containing the base analog S6-thio-2'-deoxyguanosine and S6-methyl-6-thio-2'-deoxyguanosine paired opposite to deoxycytidine and thymidine...
- OXIDATIVE STRESS AND PARKINSONS DISEASEDavid Simon; Fiscal Year: 2001..aged-matched controls for evidence of oxidative damage to DNA, proteins, and lipids by measuring 8-hydroxy-2-deoxyguanosine, protein carbonyls and 3-nitrotyrosine, and malondialdehyde, respectively, and to correlate these findings ..
- Chemoprevention of Green Tea Polyphenol on Liver CancerJia Sheng Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..4) to determine antioxidative role of GTP in inhibition of the level of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine in urine samples collected from the study participants and (5) to determine and assess long-term ..
- MICROENVIRONMENT INFLUENCE GALT LOCATION AND ONTOGENYJohn Sharp; Fiscal Year: 1992..We will attempt to purify GALT stromal elements utilizing techniques of low temperature organ culture and deoxyguanosine treatment to deplete lymphocytes...
- CORE MASS SPECTROMETRY RESOURCE FOR CANCER RESEARCHRichard van Breemen; Fiscal Year: 2003..LC-MS-MS assay for DNA oxidation products simultaneously measures four oxidized nucleosides including 8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine (the only oxidation product measured by the standard HPLC with electrochemical detection method), 8-oxo-2'-..
- Hepatitis Virus, Alcohol Exposure and Oxidative StressManal Hassan; Fiscal Year: 2002..stress will be evaluated by measuring the levels of serum Se, GPx activity, lipid peroxides, and 8-hydroxy-deoxyguanosine (8-OH-dG), a marker of oxidative DNA damage...
- Acquired Mitochondrial DNA Mutations in the BrainDavid Simon; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such mutations are hypothesized to result from oxidative damage to mtDNA. Brain levels of 8-hydroxy-2?deoxyguanosine (OH8dG), a marker of oxidative DNA damage associated with point mutations, are 16-fold higher in mtDNA than in ..
- POLYUNSATURATED FATTY ACID METABOLISM AND CARCINOGENESISLAWRENCE MARNETT; Fiscal Year: 2000..Parallel experiments will be conducted with structurally related exocyclic deoxyguanosine adducts...
- IN-VIVO MICROCAPSULE MONITORING OF CARCINOGENSIAN O NEILL; Fiscal Year: 1993..are: a) to exploit microcapsule of two trapping types with physico-chemical assays namely: i) a synthetic, deoxyguanosine (dG)-simulating target for mass spectral and HPLC identification of endogenous reactive electrophiles, ii) PEI ..
- MECHANISTIC STUDIES OF ARYLAMIDE CARCINOGENSGRAHAM UNDERWOOD; Fiscal Year: 1990..b>Deoxyguanosine and derivatives will be the primary targets, with dA and other bases taking a secondary role...
- BIOMARKERS FOR BLADDER CANCER CHEMOPREVENTION TRIALSWalter Stadler; Fiscal Year: 1999..The final marker is 8-OH-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG)...
- OXYGEN INDUCED DNA DAMAGE, MUTATIONS AND CANCERLAWRENCE LOEB; Fiscal Year: 2003..that bind with high affinity and specificity to the well characterized ROS-generated lesion in DNA, 8-oxo-deoxyguanosine. Secondly, we have established an assay for frameshift mutations in repetitive nucleotide (microsatellite) ..
- Prospective Huntington At Risk Observational Study (PHAROS)Ira Shoulson; Fiscal Year: 2009..study of the PHAROS cohort provides the opportunity to examine markers of DNA and RNA damage, 8-hydroxy-2'deoxyguanosine (8-OH2'dG) and 8-hydroxyguanosine (SOHrG) respectively, which are elevated in the blood of individuals ..
- Biomarkers of Carcinogen Exposure and Oxidative InjuryDavid Christiani; Fiscal Year: 2003..markers of exposure (1-hydroxypyrene, mononuclear PAH- DNA adducts, urinary metals and urinary 7,8-dihydro-2'- deoxyguanosine;8-OH-dG), and biomarkers of early environmental carcinogen damage (PAH-DNA adducts, urinary 8-OH-dG)...
- CARCINOGENESIS--HIGHLY REACTIVE NITROSAMINESRICHARD LOEPPKY; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Phthalate Exposure and Pregnancy OutcomeT Peter Stein; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings will have ramifications for public health, for the packaging trade and for the chemical industry. ..
- ENDOGENOUS NITROSATION CHEMISTRY IN CARCINOGENESISRICHARD LOEPPKY; Fiscal Year: 2004..Computational methods will be employed to reveal reaction paths of intermediates and lead to better predictions of the types of compounds which pose a carcinogenic threat through their endogenous nitrosation. ..
- SELENIUM AND LUNG CANCER RISKHenry Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, this work has the potential to provide new biomarkers with which to assess lung cancer risk and its modulation. ..
- Effects of Formamidopyrimidine Lesions on DNAMarc Greenberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MODULATION OF DNA REPAIR BY P53 IN HUMAN UROEPITHELIUMSanthanam Swaminathan; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of these studies have important etiologic, mechanistic and therapeutic implications in human cancers. ..
- Bioavailability of Tea Polyphenols in Prostate CancerSusanne Henning; Fiscal Year: 2002..ODC enzyme activity will be determined measuring the release of 14C CO2 from 14C ornithine. These studies will provide information important in designing studies to critically test the role of dietary supplementation in prostate cancer. ..
- BIOCHEMICAL STRATEGIES TO INCREASE LEUKEMIA RESPONSEVarsha Gandhi; Fiscal Year: 2005..We feel that knowledge gained through these aims will assist us in designing optimal therapy of leukemia with nucleoside analogs. ..
- Chemistry & Mechanisms of Tea in Disease PreventionFung Lung Chung; Fiscal Year: 2003..Funds are sought to defray the costs of invited speakers at the oral symposium session. ..
- Molecular Orgin Cancer--Catechol Estrogen 3 4 QuinonesErcole Cavalieri; Fiscal Year: 2004..The knowledge acquired from these studies will be essential for developing preventive strategies. ..
- Studies of Human Folate HydrolaseCharles Halsted; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Tea Polyphenols in Chemoprevention of Prostate CancerSUSANNE MARGARETE HENNING; Fiscal Year: 2011..The results will assist in designing dietary supplements for chemoprevention of early stages of prostate cancer or during watchful waiting. ..
- SAMe and Folate Deficiency in Alcoholic MircropigsCharles Halsted; Fiscal Year: 2006..While furthering understanding of interactions of methionine metabolites on pathways of liver injury, the project may establish novel approaches to the prevention and treatment of ALD. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..