Genomes and Genes
Summary: A reverse transcriptase inhibitor and ZALCITABINE analog in which a sulfur atom replaces the 3' carbon of the pentose ring. It is used to treat HIV disease.
Publications342 found, 100 shown here
- Hepatitis B virus epidemiology, disease burden, treatment, and current and emerging prevention and control measuresD Lavanchy
World Health Organization, Communicable Disease Surveillance and Response, Geneva, Switzerland
J Viral Hepat 11:97-107. 2004..Conventional interferon alfa and lamivudine have been the primary treatments to date...
- Tenofovir DF, emtricitabine, and efavirenz vs. zidovudine, lamivudine, and efavirenz for HIVJoel E Gallant
Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
N Engl J Med 354:251-60. 2006..Durable suppression of replication of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) depends on the use of potent, well-tolerated antiretroviral regimens to which patients can easily adhere...
- Hepatitis B virus infection--natural history and clinical consequencesDon Ganem
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1118-29. 2004
- Lamivudine for patients with chronic hepatitis B and advanced liver diseaseYun Fan Liaw
Liver Research Unit, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and University, Taipei, Taiwan
N Engl J Med 351:1521-31. 2004..The effectiveness of antiviral therapy in preventing disease progression in patients with chronic hepatitis B and advanced fibrosis or cirrhosis is unknown...
- Efficacy and safety of tenofovir DF vs stavudine in combination therapy in antiretroviral-naive patients: a 3-year randomized trialJoel E Gallant
Division of Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
JAMA 292:191-201. 2004..Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (DF) is a once-daily nucleotide analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitor...
- A comparison of entecavir and lamivudine for HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis BTing Tsung Chang
National Cheng Kung University Medical College, Tainan, Taiwan
N Engl J Med 354:1001-10. 2006..Entecavir is a potent and selective guanosine analogue with significant activity against hepatitis B virus (HBV)...
- Ultra-deep pyrosequencing of hepatitis B virus quasispecies from nucleoside and nucleotide reverse-transcriptase inhibitor (NRTI)-treated patients and NRTI-naive patientsSeverine Margeridon-Thermet
Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Infect Dis 199:1275-85. 2009..mutations that were not detected by PCR in 10 samples from 5 NRTI-treated patients, including the lamivudine-resistance mutation V173L (in 5 samples), the entecavir-resistance mutations T184S (in 2 samples) and S202G (in ..
- Peginterferon Alfa-2a, lamivudine, and the combination for HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis BGeorge K K Lau
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
N Engl J Med 352:2682-95. 2005..In the search for improved therapies, we compared the efficacy and safety of pegylated interferon alfa plus lamivudine, pegylated interferon alfa without lamivudine, and lamivudine alone for the treatment of hepatitis B e antigen (..
- Entecavir versus lamivudine for patients with HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis BChing Lung Lai
Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
N Engl J Med 354:1011-20. 2006..Entecavir is a potent and selective antiviral agent that has demonstrated efficacy in phase 2 studies in patients with hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg)-negative chronic hepatitis B...
- Long-term monitoring shows hepatitis B virus resistance to entecavir in nucleoside-naïve patients is rare through 5 years of therapyDaniel J Tenney
Bristol Myers Squibb Company Research and Development, Wallingford, CT 06492, USA
Hepatology 49:1503-14. 2009..from HBV reverse transcriptase substitutions at positions T184, S202, or M250, which emerge in the presence of lamivudine (LVD) resistance substitutions M204I/V +/- L180M...
- Maraviroc versus efavirenz, both in combination with zidovudine-lamivudine, for the treatment of antiretroviral-naive subjects with CCR5-tropic HIV-1 infectionDavid A Cooper
University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
J Infect Dis 201:803-13. 2010The MERIT (Maraviroc versus Efavirenz in Treatment-Naive Patients) study compared maraviroc and efavirenz, both with zidovudine-lamivudine, in antiretroviral-naive patients with R5 human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection.
- Simplification of antiretroviral therapy with tenofovir-emtricitabine or abacavir-Lamivudine: a randomized, 96-week trialAllison Martin
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research UNSW, 5St Vincent s Centre for Applied Medical Research, Sydney, Australia
Clin Infect Dis 49:1591-601. 2009..fixed-dose-combination, dual-nucleoside analogue tablets: tenofovir 300 mg-emtricitabine 200 mg (TDF-FTC) and abacavir 600 mg-lamivudine 300 mg (ABC-3TC). Which fixed-dose-combination tablet is more effective and safe is uncertain.
- Dolutegravir plus abacavir-lamivudine for the treatment of HIV-1 infectionSharon L Walmsley
From the University Health Network, Toronto S L W Hospital Clinico Universitario, Santiago de Compostela A A, and Hospital General de Elche and Universidad Miguel Hernández, Alicante F G both in Spain Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Saint Pierre, Brussels N C Dr Victor Babes Infectious and Tropical Diseases Hospital, Bucharest, Romania D D Medizinisches Versorgungszentrum Karlsplatz HIV Research and Clinical Care Center, Munich, Germany A E Centre Hospitalier Régional d Orléans, Orleans, France L H Antiviral Therapy Unit, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy F M University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha U S GlaxoSmithKline, Stockley Park, United Kingdom C G and GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, NC K P, B W, S M, G N
N Engl J Med 369:1807-18. 2013..Dolutegravir, in combination with abacavir-lamivudine, may provide a simplified regimen.
- Long-term efficacy of tenofovir monotherapy for hepatitis B virus-monoinfected patients after failure of nucleoside/nucleotide analoguesFlorian van Bömmel
Medizinische Klinik m S Hepatologie und Gastroenterologie Charité, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Germany
Hepatology 51:73-80. 2010..Pretreatment consisted of either monotherapy with lamivudine (LAM; n = 18), adefovir (ADV; n = 8), and sequential LAM-ADV therapy (n = 73), or add-on combination therapy ..
- Viral hepatitis BChing Lung Lai
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Lancet 362:2089-94. 2003..Currently available monotherapies-interferon, lamivudine, and adefovir dipivoxil-very rarely eradicate the virus, but greatly reduce its replication, necroinflammatory ..
- Randomized comparison of renal effects, efficacy, and safety with once-daily abacavir/lamivudine versus tenofovir/emtricitabine, administered with efavirenz, in antiretroviral-naive, HIV-1-infected adults: 48-week results from the ASSERT studyFrank A Post
King s College London, London, United Kingdom
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 55:49-57. 2010Abacavir/lamivudine and tenofovir/emtricitabine fixed-dose combinations are commonly used first-line antiretroviral therapies, yet few studies have comprehensively compared their safety profiles.
- Lamivudine plus adefovir combination therapy versus entecavir monotherapy for lamivudine-resistant chronic hepatitis B: a systematic review and meta-analysisYun Jian Sheng
Department of Infectious Diseases, Institute for Viral Hepatitis, Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology for Infectious Diseases, Ministry of Education, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, China
Virol J 8:393. 2011Chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection represents a serious global health problem and resistance to lamivudine (LAM) has become a serious clinical challenge...
- Bone mineral density and fractures in antiretroviral-naive persons randomized to receive abacavir-lamivudine or tenofovir disoproxil fumarate-emtricitabine along with efavirenz or atazanavir-ritonavir: Aids Clinical Trials Group A5224s, a substudy of ACTGGrace A McComsey
Departments of Pediatrics and Medicine, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Infect Dis 203:1791-801. 2011Long-term effects of abacavir (ABC)-lamivudine (3TC), compared with tenofovir (TDF)-emtricitabine (FTC) with efavirenz (EFV) or atazanavir plus ritonavir (ATV/r), on bone mineral density (BMD) have not been analyzed.
- Comparison of changes in bone density and turnover with abacavir-lamivudine versus tenofovir-emtricitabine in HIV-infected adults: 48-week results from the ASSERT studyHans Jurgen Stellbrink
Infektions Medizinisches Centrum Hamburg Study Center, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 51:963-72. 2010Abacavir-lamivudine and tenofovir DF-emtricitabine fixed-dose combinations are commonly used as first-line antiretroviral therapies. However, few studies have comprehensively compared their relative safety profiles.
- Lamivudine treatment in patients with HBV-related hepatocellular carcinoma--using an untreated, matched control cohortCheng Yu Piao
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 59:217-24. 2005b>Lamivudine is widely used to treat patients with hepatitis B. However, the outcomes in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) treated with lamivudine have not been established...
- Changes in bone turnover and bone loss in HIV-infected patients changing treatment to tenofovir-emtricitabine or abacavir-lamivudineHila Haskelberg
The Kirby Institute, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e38377. 2012Those receiving tenofovir/emtricitabine (TDF-FTC) had greater bone loss compared with abacavir/lamivudine (ABC-3TC) in a randomized simplification trial (STEAL study)...
- High rate of early virological failure with the once-daily tenofovir/lamivudine/nevirapine combination in naive HIV-1-infected patientsD Rey
COREVIH, Hopitaux Universitaires, Strasbourg, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:380-8. 2009..The once-daily combination of lamivudine, tenofovirDF and nevirapine has not been evaluated in a clinical trial.
- Impact of lamivudine on HIV and hepatitis B virus-related outcomes in HIV/hepatitis B virus individuals in a randomized clinical trial of antiretroviral therapy in southern AfricaGail V Matthews
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
AIDS 25:1727-35. 2011..To examine HIV and hepatitis B virus (HBV)-related outcomes in HIV/HBV-coinfected participants in the PHIDISA II study by use of HBV-active vs. non-HBV-active antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- Meta-analysis: adefovir dipivoxil in combination with lamivudine in patients with lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B virusEn Qiang Chen
Center of Infectious Diseases, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, PR China
Virol J 6:163. 2009Currently, there are no conclusive results on the efficacy of adefovir dipivoxil (ADV) plus lamivudine (LAM) in LAM-resistant patients with chronic hepatitis B (CHB)...
- Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, emtricitabine, and efavirenz versus fixed-dose zidovudine/lamivudine and efavirenz in antiretroviral-naive patients: virologic, immunologic, and morphologic changes--a 96-week analysisAnton L Pozniak
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:535-40. 2006..fumarate (TDF), emtricitabine (FTC), and efavirenz (EFV) demonstrated superior outcomes compared with fixed-dose zidovudine (ZDV)/lamivudine (3TC) and EFV through 48 weeks. Results through a 96-week extension phase are presented.
- Systematic review: the effect of preventive lamivudine on hepatitis B reactivation during chemotherapyRohit Loomba
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Ann Intern Med 148:519-28. 2008b>Lamivudine is increasingly being used to prevent hepatitis B reactivation in patients with cancer who test positive for hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) and are undergoing chemotherapy.
- Adding-on versus switching-to adefovir therapy in lamivudine-resistant HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis BIrene Rapti
Department of Medicine and Liver Unit, Henry Dunant Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hepatology 45:307-13. 2007..ADV) treatment in 42 HBeAg-negative patients with chronic hepatitis B (CHB) who had developed genotypical lamivudine (LAM) resistance with virological and clinical breakthroughs under long-term LAM treatment...
- Comparison of adefovir and tenofovir in the treatment of lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B virus infectionFlorian van Bömmel
Medizinische Klinik mit Schwerpunkt Hepatologie und Gastroenterologie, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow, Berlin, Germany
Hepatology 40:1421-5. 2004Adefovir dipivoxil was recently approved for the treatment of wild-type and lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection...
- The hepatitis B virus polymerase mutation rtV173L is selected during lamivudine therapy and enhances viral replication in vitroWilliam E Delaney
Gilead Sciences Inc, Foster City, California 94404, USA
J Virol 77:11833-41. 2003Therapy of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection with the polymerase inhibitor lamivudine frequently is associated with the emergence of viral resistance...
- Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, emtricitabine, and efavirenz compared with zidovudine/lamivudine and efavirenz in treatment-naive patients: 144-week analysisJose R Arribas
Internal Medicine Service, Hospital de La Paz, Madrid, Spain
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:74-8. 2008..As antiretroviral regimens for the treatment of HIV infection improve, trials providing data on long-term follow-up are increasingly important...
- Prevalence and risk factors for developing K65R mutations among HIV-1 infected patients who fail an initial regimen of fixed-dose combination of stavudine, lamivudine, and nevirapineSomnuek Sungkanuparph
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, 270 Rama 6 Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Clin Virol 41:310-3. 2008A fixed-dose combination of stavudine, lamivudine, and nevirapine (d4T/3TC/NVP) is extensively used as initial antiretroviral regimen in developing countries...
- One-year entecavir or lamivudine therapy results in reduction of hepatitis B virus intrahepatic covalently closed circular DNA levelsDanny Ka Ho Wong
Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Antivir Ther 11:909-16. 2006Entecavir and lamivudine are potent nucleoside analogues that can suppress hepatitis B virus (HBV) replication...
- Resistance to adefovir dipivoxil in lamivudine resistant chronic hepatitis B patients treated with adefovir dipivoxilJ E Yeon
Korea University Medical College Guro Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Guro gu Guro dong gil 97, Seoul, Korea
Gut 55:1488-95. 2006Adefovir dipivoxil (ADV) is a potent nucleotide analogue against both the wild-type and lamivudine (LMV) resistant hepatitis B virus (HBV)...
- Abacavir-lamivudine versus tenofovir-emtricitabine for initial HIV-1 therapyPaul E Sax
Division of Infectious Diseases and the Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
N Engl J Med 361:2230-40. 2009....
- Long-term lamivudine therapy reduces the risk of long-term complications of chronic hepatitis B infection even in patients without advanced diseaseMan Fung Yuen
Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Antivir Ther 12:1295-303. 2007Long-term effects of lamivudine treatment on chronic hepatitis B patients without advanced disease remain unknown...
- Inflammation markers after randomization to abacavir/lamivudine or tenofovir/emtricitabine with efavirenz or atazanavir/ritonavirGrace A McComsey
Case Western Reserve University and Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
AIDS 26:1371-85. 2012..The effect of specific antiretrovirals on inflammation is unclear...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-matched, multicenter trial of abacavir/lamivudine or tenofovir/emtricitabine with lopinavir/ritonavir for initial HIV treatmentKimberly Y Smith
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
AIDS 23:1547-56. 2009Abacavir sulfate/lamivudine (ABC/3TC) and tenofovir DF/emtricitabine (TDF/FTC) are widely used nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors for initial HIV-1 treatment...
- Long-term safety of lamivudine treatment in patients with chronic hepatitis BAnna S F Lok
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, 48109 0362, USA
Gastroenterology 125:1714-22. 2003Data on the long-term safety of lamivudine are limited...
- Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate rescue therapy following failure of both lamivudine and adefovir dipivoxil in chronic hepatitis BS J Patterson
Liver Transplant Unit, Austin Health, Studley Road, Heidelberg, VIC 3084, Australia
Gut 60:247-54. 2011..disoproxil fumarate (TDF) in adults with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection who had previously failed lamivudine (LAM) and had significant viral replication (HBV DNA >10⁵ copies/ml if HBeAg positive, > 10⁴ copies/ml ..
- Entecavir therapy for up to 96 weeks in patients with HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis BRobert G Gish
Division of Hepatology and Complex GI, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Gastroenterology 133:1437-44. 2007Entecavir demonstrated superior benefit to lamivudine at 48 weeks in nucleoside-naive patients with hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg)-positive chronic hepatitis B (CHB)...
- Interaction of reverse transcriptase (RT) mutations conferring resistance to lamivudine and etravirine: effects on fitness and RT activity of human immunodeficiency virus type 1Zixin Hu
Section of Retroviral Therapeutics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Virol 85:11309-14. 2011..Clinical trials of RPV administered with lamivudine or emtricitabine showed the emergence of E138K together with M184I, which confers lamivudine and emtricitabine ..
- Rescue therapy for lamivudine-resistant chronic hepatitis B: comparison between entecavir 1.0 mg monotherapy, adefovir monotherapy and adefovir add-on lamivudine combination therapyHong Joo Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University, Jongro Ku, Seoul, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:1374-80. 2010..reports comparing the therapeutic results of adefovir (ADV) and entecavir (ETV) rescue therapy for patients with lamivudine (LAM)-resistant chronic hepatitis B (CHB). We aimed to compare the cumulative efficacy and resistance of ETV 1...
- Routine versus clinically driven laboratory monitoring of HIV antiretroviral therapy in Africa (DART): a randomised non-inferiority trialP Mugyenyi
MRC Clinical Trials Unit, 222 Euston Road, London NW1 2DA, UK
Lancet 375:123-31. 2010..This trial investigated whether routine toxicity and efficacy monitoring of HIV-infected patients receiving ART had an important long-term effect on clinical outcomes in Africa...
- Entecavir therapy for lamivudine-refractory chronic hepatitis B: improved virologic, biochemical, and serology outcomes through 96 weeksMorris Sherman
Department of Medicine, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hepatology 48:99-108. 2008In hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg)-positive chronic hepatitis B patients who were refractory to current lamivudine therapy, switching to entecavir was superior to continued lamivudine at week 48 for histologic improvement, viral load ..
- ARIES 144 week results: durable virologic suppression in HIV-infected patients simplified to unboosted atazanavir/abacavir/lamivudineKathleen E Squires
Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
HIV Clin Trials 13:233-44. 2012..Antiretroviral-naïve subjects received abacavir/lamivudine (ABC/3TC) + atazanavir/ ritonavir (ATV/r) from baseline through randomization at week 36, then maintained or ..
- Abacavir-lamivudine-zidovudine vs indinavir-lamivudine-zidovudine in antiretroviral-naive HIV-infected adults: A randomized equivalence trialS Staszewski
Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Zentrum der Inneren Medizin, Infektionsambulanz, Haus 68, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60596 Frankfurt, Germany
JAMA 285:1155-63. 2001..However, the role of abacavir in a triple nucleoside combination regimen has not been evaluated against a standard protease inhibitor-containing regimen for initial antiretroviral treatment...
- Lamivudine in late pregnancy to prevent perinatal transmission of hepatitis B virus infection: a multicentre, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled studyW M Xu
Shanghai Infectious Disease Hospital, Shanghai, China
J Viral Hepat 16:94-103. 2009This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study evaluated whether lamivudine given during late pregnancy can reduce hepatitis B virus (HBV) perinatal transmission in highly viraemic mothers...
- Comparison of multiplex restriction fragment mass polymorphism and sequencing analyses for detecting entecavir resistance in chronic hepatitis BKyung Ho Han
National Institute of Food and Drug Safety Evaluation, Korea Food and Drug Administration, Seoul, South Korea
Antivir Ther 16:77-87. 2011..In this study, we introduced a multiplex restriction fragment mass polymorphism (RFMP) assay for detecting mutations conferring entecavir and lamivudine resistance, and compared its performance with direct or clonal sequencing assays.
- Lamivudine treatment during pregnancy to prevent perinatal transmission of hepatitis B virus infectionM van Zonneveld
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department of Virology, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Viral Hepat 10:294-7. 2003..We treated eight highly viraemic (HBV-DNA >/= 1.2 x 10(9) geq/mL) mothers with 150 mg of lamivudine daily during the last month of pregnancy...
- Poor durability of lamivudine effectiveness despite stringent cessation criteria: a prospective clinical study in hepatitis B e antigen-negative chronic hepatitis B patientsFeng Liu
Department of Infectious Diseases and Hepatology, the Second Hospital of Shandong University, Shanghai, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:456-60. 2011b>Lamivudine, a nucleoside analog, is commonly used for treatment of chronic hepatitis B (CHB) but its durability of effectiveness after withdrawal is still uncertain...
- Influential factors of prognosis in lamivudine treatment for patients with acute-on-chronic hepatitis B liver failureLi Jie Sun
Department of Infectious Diseases, Second Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:583-90. 2010..In this study, the efficacy of lamivudine was investigated in patients with ACLF...
- Comparison of abacavir/lamivudine and tenofovir/emtricitabine among treatment-naive HIV-infected patients initiating therapyDarrell H S Tan
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 58:38-46. 2011Controversy about the relative performance of abacavir (ABC)/lamivudine (3TC) and tenofovir (TDF)/emtricitabine (FTC) in initial combination antiretroviral therapy (cART) exists.
- Beliefs about antiretroviral therapy, treatment adherence and quality of life in a 48-week randomised study of continuation of zidovudine/lamivudine or switch to tenofovir DF/emtricitabine, each with efavirenzVanessa Cooper
Department of Practice and Policy, Centre for Behavioural Medicine, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, London, UK
AIDS Care 23:705-13. 2011..The study aim was to assess the effect of switching zidovudine plus lamivudine twice-daily (Combivir, CBV) to once-daily tenofovir DF plus emtricitabine (Truvada, TVD), each plus efavirenz (..
- Long-term incidence of hepatitis B virus resistance to lamivudine in human immunodeficiency virus-infected patientsY Benhamou
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Hepatology 30:1302-6. 1999Hepatitis B virus (HBV) resistance to lamivudine has not been extensively documented in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients. We studied the long-term incidence of HBV resistance to lamivudine in HIV-positive patients...
- A 96-week randomized trial of switching to entecavir in chronic hepatitis B patients with a partial virological response to lamivudineJeong Heo
Department of Internal Medicine, Pusan National University School of Medicine, Busan, Republic of Korea
Antivir Ther 17:1563-70. 2012..This prospective, 96-week study investigated the antiviral efficacy, safety and tolerability of switching to entecavir versus maintaining lamivudine in CHB patients with a partial virological response to lamivudine.
- Characterization of hepatitis B virus reverse transcriptase sequences in Chinese treatment naive patientsYue Han
Department of Infectious Diseases, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:1417-23. 2009..The hepatitis B virus (HBV) reverse transcriptase (RT) plays an important role in viral replication. The aim of the present study was to characterize profiles of the RT region and to construct a database for further studies...
- Diagnosis, prevention and management of hepatitis B virus reactivation during anticancer therapyWinnie Yeo
Department of Clinical Oncology, Sir Y K Pao Centre for Cancer, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
Hepatology 43:209-20. 2006
- Loss of HBsAg antigen during treatment with entecavir or lamivudine in nucleoside-naïve HBeAg-positive patients with chronic hepatitis BR G Gish
Division of Hepatology and Complex GI, Physicians Foundation California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94115 1932, USA
J Viral Hepat 17:16-22. 2010..patients with chronic hepatitis B, who achieved hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) loss during entecavir or lamivudine therapy...
- Nevirapine/zidovudine/lamivudine has superior immunological and virological responses not reflected in clinical outcomes in a 48-week randomized comparison with abacavir/zidovudine/lamivudine in HIV-infected Ugandan adults with low CD4 cell countsP Munderi
MRC UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS, Entebbe, Uganda
HIV Med 11:334-44. 2010..Concerns exist about virological potency; efficacy has not been assessed in Africa...
- Virological suppression does not prevent the development of hepatocellular carcinoma in HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B patients with cirrhosis receiving oral antiviral(s) starting with lamivudine monotherapy: results of the nationwide HEPNET. Greece cGeorge V Papatheodoridis
2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Athens University Medical School, Hippokration General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Gut 60:1109-16. 2011To evaluate the risk and predictors of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B patients of the large HEPNET.Greece cohort study who received long-term oral antivirals starting with lamivudine monotherapy.
- Abacavir/lamivudine versus tenofovir DF/emtricitabine as part of combination regimens for initial treatment of HIV: final resultsPaul E Sax
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Infect Dis 204:1191-201. 2011AIDS Clinical Trials Group A5202 compared blinded abacavir/lamivudine (ABC/3TC) to tenofovir DF/emtricitabine (TDF/FTC) with efavirenz (EFV) or atazanavir/ritonavir (ATV/r) in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected treatment-naive ..
- Molecular analysis of hepatitis B virus (HBV) in an HIV co-infected patient with reactivation of occult HBV infection following discontinuation of lamivudine-including antiretroviral therapyAndrea Costantini
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Public Health, Universita Politecnica Marche, Ancona, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 11:310. 2011..Although OBI is usually clinically silent, immunocompromised patients may experience reactivation of the liver disease...
- Dynamics of lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B virus during adefovir monotherapy versus lamivudine plus adefovir combination therapySamreen Ijaz
Virus Reference Department, Centre for Infections, Health Protection Agency, London, United Kingdom
J Med Virol 80:1160-70. 2008Adefovir dipivoxil has been used alone or together with lamivudine to suppress lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B virus (HBV)...
- Increased risk of adefovir resistance in patients with lamivudine-resistant chronic hepatitis B after 48 weeks of adefovir dipivoxil monotherapyYoon Seon Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Hepatology 43:1385-91. 2006..resistance in treatment-naïve chronic hepatitis B patients, the association of ADV resistance with previous lamivudine (LAM) resistance is not well understood...
- Frequency of hepatitis B virus reactivation in cancer patients undergoing cytotoxic chemotherapy: a prospective study of 626 patients with identification of risk factorsW Yeo
Department of Clinical Oncology, Sir Y K Pao Centre for Cancer, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin
J Med Virol 62:299-307. 2000..Of the 15 patients who developed HBV reactivation, antiviral therapy with lamivudine was available and used in 9. There was no HBV-related mortality during chemotherapy...
- A review of the virological efficacy of the 4 World Health Organization-recommended tenofovir-containing regimens for initial HIV therapyMichele W Tang
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Stanford University, California 94305 5107, USA
Clin Infect Dis 54:862-75. 2012..Thirty-three studies assessed the efficacy of 1 or more TDF-containing regimens: TDF/lamivudine (3TC)/nevirapine (NVP) (n = 3), TDF/ emtricitabine (FTC)/NVP (n = 9), TDF/3TC/efavirenz (EFV) (n = 6), and TDF/..
- Loss of bone mineral density after antiretroviral therapy initiation, independent of antiretroviral regimenTodd T Brown
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:554-61. 2009..Decreased bone mineral density (BMD) has been described in HIV-infected patients initiating antiretroviral therapy (ART), but the contributions of ART and immunologic and/or virologic factors remain unclear...
- A meta-analysis of lamivudine for interruption of mother-to-child transmission of hepatitis B virusLei Han
Department of Epidemiology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
World J Gastroenterol 17:4321-33. 2011To determine the therapeutic effect of lamivudine in late pregnancy for the interruption of mother-to-child transmission (MTCT) of hepatitis B virus (HBV).
- Resistance profiles of emtricitabine and lamivudine in tenofovir-containing regimensA G Marcelin
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S 943, Paris F 75013, France
J Antimicrob Chemother 67:1475-8. 2012..mutation in HIV-infected patients who experienced virological failure while receiving emtricitabine (FTC) or lamivudine (3TC), administered with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) and either efavirenz (EFV) or a ritonavir-boosted ..
- Clinical implications of HBsAg quantification in patients with chronic hepatitis BMauro Vigano
Hepatology Unit, Ospedale San Giuseppe, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
Saudi J Gastroenterol 18:81-6. 2012..Given the low rates of HBsAg clearance on NUC therapy, new studies to test whether Peg-IFN and NUC combination fosters HBsAg decline in long-term responders to NUC, are being explored...
- Nucleoside analogue can improve the long-term prognosis of patients with hepatitis B virus infection-associated acute on chronic liver failureYao Li Cui
Center of Infectious Diseases, West China Hospital, West China School of Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Dig Dis Sci 55:2373-80. 2010..The prognosis of patients with hepatitis B virus (HBV)-associated acute on chronic liver failure (ACLF) is extremely poor...
- Comparison of rescue strategies in lamivudine-resistant patients with chronic hepatitis BPan Zhao
Liver Failure Therapy and Research Center, Beijing 302 Hospital, Beijing 100039, China
Antiviral Res 96:100-4. 2012b>Lamivudine (LAM) resistance now poses a major problem in the management of patients with chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection...
- Four-year study of lamivudine and adefovir combination therapy in lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B patients: influence of hepatitis B virus genotype and resistance mutation patternJ Inoue
Division of Gastroenterology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Aoba ku, Sendai, Japan
J Viral Hepat 18:206-15. 2011To investigate the efficacy of long-term lamivudine (3TC) and adefovir dipivoxil (ADV) combination therapy in 3TC-resistant chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infected patients, we analysed 28 3TC-resistant patients treated with the ..
- Different evolution of genotypic resistance profiles to emtricitabine versus lamivudine in tenofovir-containing regimensValentina Svicher
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 55:336-44. 2010To investigate genotypic resistance profiles to emtricitabine + tenofovir (FTC + TDF) in-vivo and in-vitro, and compare them with lamivudine + tenofovir (3TC + TDF).
- Dual efficacy of lamivudine treatment in human immunodeficiency virus/hepatitis B virus-coinfected persons in a randomized, controlled study (CAESAR). The CAESAR Coordinating CommitteeG J Dore
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
J Infect Dis 180:607-13. 1999The efficacy and safety of lamivudine in persons coinfected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) type 1 and hepatitis B virus (HBV) were examined in the CAESAR study, a randomized placebo-controlled trial assessing the addition of ..
- Analysis of hepatitis B viral load decline under potent therapy: complex decay profiles observedS R Lewin
Victorian Infectious Diseases Service, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Hepatology 34:1012-20. 2001..2 +/- 1.2 days) or a flat second phase. Some individuals exhibited a complex "staircase pattern" of decay, with further phases of viral DNA decline and phases with little change in viral load...
- Response to long-term lamivudine treatment (up to 5 years) in patients with severe chronic hepatitis B, role of genotype and drug resistanceD N Moskovitz
University Health Network, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Viral Hepat 12:398-404. 2005b>Lamivudine is effective in suppressing viral replication, normalizing alanine aminotransferase (ALT), and improving histological appearance in HBe positive and negative hepatitis...
- Clearance of the original hepatitis B virus YMDD-motif mutants with emergence of distinct lamivudine-resistant mutants during prolonged lamivudine therapyC T Yeh
Liver Research Unit, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Hepatology 31:1318-26. 2000..YMDD)-motif mutants may emerge and elicit immune clearance during prolonged lamivudine treatment...
- Combined effect of zidovudine (ZDV), lamivudine (3TC) and abacavir (ABC) antiretroviral therapy in suppressing in vitro FIV replicationLeslie R Bisset
Swiss National Center for Retroviruses, University of Zurich, Gloriastrasse 30, CH 8028, Zurich, Switzerland
Antiviral Res 53:35-45. 2002..Furthermore, we demonstrate that combined usage of ABC with the nucleoside analogs zidovudine (ZDV or AZT) and lamivudine (3TC) also blocks in vitro FIV replication in a synergistic manner...
- Lamivudine treatment is associated with improved survival in fulminant hepatitis BJian Wu Yu
Department of Infectious Diseases, Second Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Liver Int 31:499-506. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of lamivudine in patients with fulminant hepatitis B and study the prognostic factors.
- Effect of a short-term HAART on SIV load in macaque tissues is dependent on time of initiation and antiviral diffusionOlivier Bourry
CEA, Division of Immuno Virology, DSV iMETI, Fontenay aux Roses, France
Retrovirology 7:78. 2010....
- High viremia, prolonged Lamivudine therapy and recurrent hepatocellular carcinoma predict posttransplant hepatitis B recurrenceJ Chun
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Korea
Am J Transplant 10:1649-59. 2010..liver transplantation (OLT) is generally preventable by prophylaxis with hepatitis B immunoglobulin (HBIG) and lamivudine (LAM). However, HBV recurrence sometimes develops despite prophylaxis...
- Is AZT/3TC therapy effective against FIV infection or immunopathogenesis?Maki Arai
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, P O Box 110880, Gainesville, FL 32611 0880, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 85:189-204. 2002..Furthermore, severe clinical symptoms caused by adverse drug reactions were observed in some of these cats. Overall, AZT/3TC treatment is effective for prophylaxis but not for therapeutic use in chronically FIV-infected cats...
- Antiretroviral adherence and development of drug resistance are the strongest predictors of genital HIV-1 shedding among women initiating treatmentSusan M Graham
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98104 2499, USA
J Infect Dis 202:1538-42. 2010..04). These results emphasize the importance of adherence to optimize the potential benefits of ART for reducing HIV-1 transmission risk...
- Adefovir dipivoxil therapy for lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B in pre- and post-liver transplantation patientsEugene R Schiff
Center for Liver Diseases, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Hepatology 38:1419-27. 2003..which pre- and post-liver transplantation (LT) patients with recurrent chronic hepatitis B (CHB) and evidence of lamivudine-resistant HBV were treated with adefovir dipivoxil 10 mg once daily...
- Treatment alternatives for chronic hepatitis B virus infection: a cost-effectiveness analysisFasiha Kanwal
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, and Center for the Study of Digestive Healthcare Quality and Outcomes, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Ann Intern Med 142:821-31. 2005..Interferon has clinically significant side effects, and lamivudine is associated with viral resistance...
- Residual human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) Type 1 RNA and DNA in lymph nodes and HIV RNA in genital secretions and in cerebrospinal fluid after suppression of viremia for 2 yearsH F Gunthard
Dept of Medicine, Div of Infectious Diseases and Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital of Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Infect Dis 183:1318-27. 2001..5 years with indinavir, zidovudine, and lamivudine were examined. Both HIV RNA and DNA remained detectable in all lymph nodes...
- Immunologic responses associated with 12 weeks of combination antiretroviral therapy consisting of zidovudine, lamivudine, and ritonavir: results of AIDS Clinical Trials Group Protocol 315M M Lederman
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Infect Dis 178:70-9. 1998..In 44 persons with moderately advanced HIV-1 infection, after 12 weeks of treatment with zidovudine, lamivudine, and ritonavir, plasma HIV-1 RNA fell a median of 2.3 logs (P < .0001)...
- Antiviral activity of lamivudine in salvage therapy for multidrug-resistant HIV-1 infectionThomas B Campbell
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Clin Infect Dis 41:236-42. 2005..Available data suggest that lamivudine contributes to partial viral suppression, despite the presence of M184V mutations and high-level phenotypic ..
- In vivo fitness cost of the M184V mutation in multidrug-resistant human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in the absence of lamivudineRoger Paredes
Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Virol 83:2038-43. 2009b>Lamivudine therapy selects for the M184V mutation. Although this mutation reduces the replicative capacity of human immunodeficiency virus in vitro, its impact on viral fitness in vivo has not been well defined...
- Combination HBV therapy is linked to greater HBV DNA suppression in a cohort of lamivudine-experienced HIV/HBV coinfected individualsGail V Matthews
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research, UNSW, Sydney, Australia
AIDS 23:1707-15. 2009..To determine if highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) with combination anti-hepatitis B virus (HBV) therapy compared to HAART with HBV monotherapy leads to greater HBV DNA suppression in an HIV/HBV coinfected cohort...
- Antiretroviral drug exposure in the female genital tract: implications for oral pre- and post-exposure prophylaxisJulie B Dumond
School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
AIDS 21:1899-907. 2007..To describe first dose and steady state antiretroviral drug exposure in the female genital tract...
- Telbivudine versus lamivudine in patients with chronic hepatitis BChing Lung Lai
University Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
N Engl J Med 357:2576-88. 2007..Reducing hepatitis B virus (HBV) replication to minimal levels is emerging as a key therapeutic goal for chronic hepatitis B...
- Field efficacy of zidovudine, lamivudine and single-dose nevirapine to prevent peripartum HIV transmissionFrancois Dabis
Unité INSERM 593, Institut de Santé Publique, Epidémiologie et Développement ISPED, Universite Victor Segalen, 146 rue Leo Saignat, 33076 Bordeaux, France
AIDS 19:309-18. 2005In Africa, single-dose nevirapine (NVPsd), short regimens of zidovudine (ZDV) or ZDV + lamivudine (3TC) are recommended to prevent peripartum mother-to-child HIV transmission (PMTCT)...
- Entecavir resistance is rare in nucleoside naïve patients with hepatitis BRichard J Colonno
Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Wallingford, CT 06492, USA
Hepatology 44:1656-65. 2006..Thirteen percent (n = 88) of the comparator lamivudine (LVD)-treated patients experienced a virologic rebound (> or =1 log increase from nadir by PCR) in the first ..
- Rapid scaling-up of antiretroviral therapy in 10,000 adults in Côte d'Ivoire: 2-year outcomes and determinantsSiaka Toure
Aconda Association, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
AIDS 22:873-82. 2008..To assess the rates and determinants of mortality, loss to follow-up and immunological failure in a nongovernmental organization-implemented program of access to antiretroviral treatment in Côte d'Ivoire...
- Prevention of hepatocellular carcinoma in hepatitis B virus infectionSeng Gee Lim
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, National University Health System, Yong Yoo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:1352-7. 2009..With nucleos(t)ide analogs, the most important study has been the Asian Cirrhosis Lamivudine multicenter randomized controlled trial...
- Minority quasispecies of drug-resistant HIV-1 that lead to early therapy failure in treatment-naive and -adherent patientsKarin J Metzner
Institute of Clinical and Molecular Virology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 48:239-47. 2009..Therefore, we evaluated the possible role of minority quasispecies of drug-resistant human immunodeficiency virus type 1, which are undetectable at baseline by population sequencing, with regard to early virological failure...
- Low resistance to adefovir combined with lamivudine: a 3-year study of 145 lamivudine-resistant hepatitis B patientsPietro Lampertico
A M and A Migliavacca Center for Liver Disease, Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Fondazione Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Gastroenterology 133:1445-51. 2007Adefovir monotherapy is an established treatment modality for lamivudine-experienced patients with chronic hepatitis B, but it carries a significant risk of resistance in the long term...
- Relapse of hepatitis B in HBeAg-negative chronic hepatitis B patients who discontinued successful entecavir treatment: the case for continuous antiviral therapyDaniel Shouval
Liver Unit, Hadassah Hebrew University Hospital, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Hepatol 50:289-95. 2009..7MEq/mL and ALT<1.25xULN) with entecavir at 48 weeks and the efficacy of entecavir in patients treated beyond one year...
- Sustained HBeAg and HBsAg loss after long-term follow-up of HBeAg-positive patients treated with peginterferon alpha-2bErik H C J Buster
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 135:459-67. 2008..this study was to evaluate the long-term sustainability of response in patients with hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg)-positive chronic hepatitis B treated with pegylated interferon (PEG-IFN) alpha-2b alone or in combination with lamivudine.
- Nanomedicine and NeuroAIDSHoward E Gendelman; Fiscal Year: 2013..These include ritonavir boosted atazanavir, maraviroc, lamivudine, dolutegravir and efavirenz...
- Combination therapies for chronic HBV, liver disease and cancerMark A Feitelson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Accordingly, the FDA has now approved interferon 1, pegylated interferon 1, lamivudine, adefovir dipivoxal, entecavir, and telbivudine...
- Antiviral prophylaxis to prevent perinatal transmission of HBV in ThailandGONZAGUE JOSEPH JOURDAIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..clinical trial in Thailand to compare the efficacy, safety and tolerance of each of two drugs, tenofovir and lamivudine, versus placebo, given to hepatitis B (HB) chronically infected pregnant women with a positive HBeAg test and ..
- Global HIV Drug Therapies and Mitochondrial Complications and MechanismsMariana Gerschenson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Even in the United States, ZDV together with lamivudine (3TC) continue to be listed as one of the preferred initial ARV regimens by the Department of Health and Human ..
- HBV Response to Tenofovir or Lamivudine-Based ART in HIV-HBV Co-Infected ChineseChloe L Thio; Fiscal Year: 2013..demonstrate that up to half of the HIV-HBV co-infected patients have low levels of HBV DNA;thus, therapy with lamivudine-based ART, which is much less expensive and widely available, may be efficacious in such co-infected patients...
- Development of Age-Appropriate Fast Disintegrating Pediatric Granules and TabletsMOJI ADEYEYE; Fiscal Year: 2009..fast dissolving (FDFD) granules and tablets of fixed dose combination antiretroviral (ARV) drugs - zidovudine, lamivudine and nevirapine for the pediatric population...
- HIV and Global Drug Therapies: Peripheral Neuropathy Complications and MechanismsCecilia M Shikuma; Fiscal Year: 2012..to launch a 150 n, 72 week, clinical trial (SEARCH 003) to assess the relative toxicities of short-term d4T + lamivudine [3TC] (24 week) followed by zidovudine [ZDV] + 3TC (n=50) compared to continuous ZDV + 3TC (n=50) or tenofovir (..
- HIV-1 chemoprophylaxis and archived drug resistance in infantsDeborah Persaud; Fiscal Year: 2010..in plasma of SD-NVP exposed infants whose first suppressive HAART regimen lacks an NNRTI, and emergence of lamivudine-resistance in these infants after re-exposure to NVP. 3...
- Pharmacokinetics and Pathogenesis of Treatment ResponsesMIGUEL A GOICOECHEA; Fiscal Year: 2010..interaction resulted in the high rates of early virologic failure that were observed in tenofovir, abacavir and lamivudine combinations...
- Standard zidovudine plus infant nevirapine to prevent perinatal HIV in ThailandMarc J Lallemant; Fiscal Year: 2010..risk of selecting NVP resistance mutations, mothers exposed to NVP will receive a one week course of ZDV plus lamivudine, following WHO and Thai guidelines...
- HIV and Hepatitis B Coinfection: Hepatitis B Genotype, Resistance and OutcomesDebika Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Lamivudine (3TC), an antiretroviral (ARV) effective against HBV, is included in 4 WHO first-line ARV regimens, yet there is ..
- Drug-resistance testing in Kenya to improve ART suppression of HIV replicationLisa M Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2013..successfully transferred to Asian and African countries (oligonucleotide ligation assay (OLA)) can detect NNRTI+lamivudine (3TC) resistant HIV using reagents that costs <$7.00/person...
- Clinical Trial of CNS Penetrating ART to Prevent NeuroAIDS in ChinaScott L Letendre; Fiscal Year: 2013..The primary objective will be to determine the effects of better penetrating (BP) ART (zidovudine-lamivudine-nevirapine) compared with worse penetrating (WP) ART (tenofovir-lamivudine-efavirenz) on the prevention of HAND...
- Antiretroviral-Induced Defects in Muscle Protein SynthesisCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..in muscle;and (5) Identify the biochemical loci mediating the potentiating effect of zidovudine (AZT) and lamivudine (3TC) on the lopinavir-induced decrease in protein synthesis...
- Lamivudine and its Impact on Perinatal HBV Transmission in HIV/HBV CoinfectionDebika Bhattacharya; Fiscal Year: 2013..Similarly, the use of single agent lamivudine, an antiviral with both HIV and HBV activity, results in high rates of HBV resistance and a vaccine escape ..
- Pharmacologic Determinants for Optimized Therapy in HIV-Infected ChildrenAdriana H Tremoulet; Fiscal Year: 2011..focus my research on the pharmacologic determinants that affect the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of lamivudine, zidovudine, and diagnosing in HIV-infected children...
- The impact of HAART on HIV-1 Tat induced brain agingBrian Giunta; Fiscal Year: 2013..2011). We preliminarily found efavirenz (EFV)/lamivudine (3TC)/zidovudine (AZT), a commonly used HAART regimen, promoted ROS production, BACE1 expression, and A??..
- Nucleoside Transporters In HAART Mitochondrial ToxicityJohn Buolamwini; Fiscal Year: 2006..These nucleoside drugs, including zidovudine (AZT), stavudine (d4T), didanosine (DDI), zalcitabine (DDC) and lamivudine (3TC) are believed to cause mitochondria! depletion to varying extents, leading to cell death and tissue ..
- Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV-Infected PatientsRoy M Gulick; Fiscal Year: 2012..two initial antiretroviral regimens in treatment-na[unreadable]ve patients with HIV infection: zidovudine/lamivudine/abacavir plus tenofovir (a quadruple-nucleoside regimen) vs...
- Antiretroviral drug resistance in KwaZulu NatalVINCENT CHARLES MARCONI; Fiscal Year: 2013..of HIV drug resistance mutations for patients who experience virologic failure of a 1st-line regimen of TDF plus lamivudine and EFV or NVP will be compared to resistance patterns reported for subtype B virus...
- ART PHARMACOKINETICS IN SEVERELY MALNOURISHED HIV-INFECTED CHILDRENEricka Hayes; Fiscal Year: 2009..Area under the curve pharmacokinetic measurements will be done for stavudine, lamivudine and nevirapine after 2 and 8 weeks of HAART...
- Antiretroviral Therapy of AIDS-Related Kaposi's Sarcoma in AfricaJeffrey Martin; Fiscal Year: 2009..proposes these four aims: (1) Determine whether a Pi-based HAART regimen (lopinavir/ritonavir plus zidovudine/lamivudine) is more efficacious than a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI)-based HAART regimen (..
- HAART IN SCID MICE WITH HIV ENCEPHALITISWilliam Tyor; Fiscal Year: 2003..vehicle) x 2 (HIV infected vs. uninfected) factorial design to test these two hypotheses: I. AZT + lamivudine + indinavir triple antiretroviral therapy (HAART) will (1) lower the viral load in brain tissue and (2) ..
- Genotyping assays for the most common mutations associated with abacavir hypersenBERTRAND LEMIEUX; Fiscal Year: 2009..immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) nucleoside- analogue reverse transcriptase inhibitor, is coformulated with lamivudine (3TC ) and zidovudine (ZDV) in Trizivir;a single one a day pill with no food restrictions, limited drug-drug ..
- HIV Therapy & Interruption RCT in Resource Poor ClinicLuis Montaner; Fiscal Year: 2004..achieve viral suppression to <50 copies/ml during a 24 week "run-in" period on lopinavir/ritonavir, lamivudine, stavudine to include a complete vaccination series against rabies from week 16 to 22 (de novo antigen) before ..
- HIV Therapy & Interruption RCT in Resource Poor ClinicLuis J Montaner; Fiscal Year: 2010..achieve viral suppression to <50 copies/ml during a 24 week "run-in" period on lopinavir/ritonavir, lamivudine, stavudine to include a complete vaccination series against rabies from week 16 to 22 (de novo antigen) before ..
- Metabolic and Nutritional Effects of ART in ChildrenMeera Chhagan; Fiscal Year: 2009..These guidelines recommend stavudine, lamivudine and lopinavir/ritonavir for children less than 3 years, or stavudine, lamivudine and efavirenz if older than 3...
- Hepatitis B virus immune escape mutantsShuping Tong; Fiscal Year: 2009..HBV infection, and hepatitis B immune globulin (HBIG), alone or together with nucleoside analogs such as lamivudine, reduces the re- infection rate of the grafted liver...
- L-NUCLEOSIDES AS ANTI-HBV AGENTSKyoichi Watanabe; Fiscal Year: 2000..For example, alpha-Interferon has only limited efficacy, and Lamivudine selects for resistant virus in more than 14% of treated individuals within one year...
- Antiviral/Antitumor Roles of Ganoderma Lucidum SporesRui Liu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Interferon-a and lamivudine are the only FDA approved drugs for treatment of chronic HBV infection...
- RECURRENT HEPATITIS B AFTER LIVER TRANSPLANTATIONAnna Lok; Fiscal Year: 1999..Recent studies found that continuous high dose HBIG and lamivudine monotherapy can decrease the rate of recurrent hepatitis B to less than 20 percent...
- CHEMO/ANTIRETROVIRAL THERAPY FOR HTLV1 ATLLLee Ratner; Fiscal Year: 2002..by the combination of an infusional multi-agent chemotherapy regimen and antiretroviral therapy with zodovudine, lamivudine, and interferon. 2...
- Use of Lamivudine To Improve Efficacy of Neonatal HBVHenry Pollack; Fiscal Year: 2005..submitted to provide support for the development of a phase III randomized placebo controlled clinical trial of lamivudine in pregnant HBV-infected women and their children to improve the efficacy of neonatal HBV prophylaxis...
- Nonencapsidated HBV P protein as an anticancer targetJOHN TAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Removing HBV from the liver would reduce disease and oncogenesis, but current therapies with interferon alpha or lamivudine do not provide long-term benefits to the majority of patients...
- RACIVIR FOR TREATMENT OF HEPATITIS B AND HIV INFECTIONSMichael Otto; Fiscal Year: 2000..Like (-)-FTC and 3TC (Lamivudine) RCV is effective against HBV as well as HIV-1, HIV-2, and SIV (simian immunodeficiency virus) in vitro...
- SUSTAINED HIV1 SUPPRESSION DESPITE DRUG RESISTANCEVictoria Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2000..drug-resistant mutations in some HIV-1-infected individuals treated with a combined zidovudine (ZDV) plus either lamivudine (3TC) or nevirapine (NVP)...
- Mutagenesis of Single/Combined NRTI Drugs in Human CellsVernon Walker; Fiscal Year: 2004..Experiments will be performed to measure (by specific RIAs) DNA incorporation of zidovudine (AZT), lamivudine (3TC), and/or stavudine (d4T), and to measure and characterize the mutagenic response at the HPRT and APRT loci ..
- Antivirals against HBVMichael Otto; Fiscal Year: 2001..available treatment protocols are greatly offset by the emergence of the resistant phenotype in the case of Lamivudine therapy and adverse side effects in the case of alpha-interferon...
- Prevention of HIV resistance to nevirapine in pregnancyLisa Frenkel; Fiscal Year: 2003..We also propose to detennine if co-administration of zidovudine and lamivudine (Combivir) for one week postpartum following the administration of nevirapine can prevent the selection of virus ..
- Liver-Targeted Prodrugs for the Treatment of Hepatitis BPAUL VAN POELJE; Fiscal Year: 2001The synthesis and characterization of novel prodrugs of the antiviral nucleosides acyclovir, penciclovir, and lamivudine are proposed with the purpose of identifying an agent with improved efficacy in the treatment of hepatitis B...
- PERINATAL AZT: BEHAVIORAL EFFECTS IN A RAT MODELDiana Dow Edwards; Fiscal Year: 2002..or in combination with AZT and little is known about their developmental toxicity, these new therapies 3TC (lamivudine) and nelfinavir will also be studied for developmental toxicity with a focus on neurobehavioral effects...
- Mechanism and in vivo anti-HBV study of a novel class of non-nucleoside compoundsYung Chi Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..All the approved chemotherapeutic treatments (i.e. Lamivudine, Adefovir and Entecavir) only inhibit viral replication by interfering viral DNA synthesis...
- New hepatitis B small molecule inhibitorsAnand Mehta; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus, alkovirs should be effective against lamivudine "resistant" HBV mutants...
- DOT-HARRT for HIV-Infected South African AdultsJean Nachega; Fiscal Year: 2010..will be assigned to either peer-DOT-HAART or self-administration of a twice daily combination of Stavudine, Lamivudine and Efavirenz for 24 months...
- CELLULAR IMMUNITY TO HIV INFANTSLouise Kuhn; Fiscal Year: 2000..clinical trial coordinated by UNAIDS of short-course anti-retroviral treatment (combinations of zidovudine and lamivudine) to prevent mother-to-child HIV transmission (the PETRA Study) and plan to continue with clinical follow- up of ..
- MUTATION 'REFRACTION' BROAD SPECTRUM ANTI-HEPATITIS DRUGTimothy Block; Fiscal Year: 2000..I studies will determine if alpha-glucosidase inhibitors are effective in preventing the release and spread of lamivudine (3TC)-resistant mutants of HBV in cell culture...
- VIRAHEP-C Clinical CenterAnna Lok; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- RECURRENT HEPATITIS B AFTER LIVER TRANSPLANTATIONAnna Lok; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pilot studies showed that lamivudine (LAM, an oral nucleoside analog which costs $1,200-$1,500 per yr) can decrease the rate of recurrent hepatitis B ..
- CARDIAC DYSFUNCTION, AIDS AND COCAINEWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2003..Immuno-LM and immuno-TEM identify cellular and subcellular alterations. ..
- Acquired mtDNA depletion and nucleoside reverse transciptase inhibitorsWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2010..Experiments offer insights into improving therapy with antiretrovirals used in AIDS. ..
- Liver Disease and HIV-HBV Coinfection in the HAART eraChloe Thio; Fiscal Year: 2008..Given the experience of the investigative team and the well-characterized cohorts involved, the results from this proposal will yield insights into the management of HIV-HBV co-infected patients. ..
- VANDERBILT ADULT AIDS CLINICAL TRIALS UNITDavid Haas; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed ACTU will not only enroll patients into ACTG clinical trials, but will provide the ACTG the ability to address important questions concerning AIDS treatment and pathogenesis. ..
- CNS Viral Dynamics and Cellular Immunity During AIDSDavid Haas; Fiscal Year: 2009..Characterizing these relationships will expand our knowledge regarding key events that lead to AIDS dementia, and may suggest novel approaches to other immunologic or viral-mediated diseases that affect the brain. ..
- Nucleoside analogs, mitochondria and AIDS cardiomyopathyWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2006..AIM 2: to define CM from HAART microscopically and ultrastructurally using morphometric methods. AIM 3: to define cardiac performance in CM from HAART echocardiographically and using Langendorff preparations. ..
- Hepatic mitochondrial oxidative stress, AIDS and alcoholWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Biochemical, molecular and pathological changes (above) are ameliorated. This serves as a "proof of principle". ..
- CARDIOMYOPATHY IN AIDSWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2009..HYPOTHESIS 4: mtDNA depletion (from any above) causes or results from oxidative stress. Antioxidants ameliorate oxidative stress from NRTIs by decreasing oxidation of mtDNA. ..
- AIDS and Alcohol and CardiomyopathyWilliam Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Myofibrillar, nuclear and mitochondrial volumes are analyzed quantitatively (by transmission electron microscopy [TEM]). Volume fractions of extracellular matrix and of myocytes are determined morphometrically (light and TEM). ..
- Hepatitis B treatment and HIV Infection in resources limited settingsChloe L Thio; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal has a high likelihood for success given the investigative team's experience, the randomized clinical trial design, and the nesting in an existing study. ..
- Endothelial Dysfunction Due to HIV-1 Protease InhibitorsMitchell Goldman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Antiretroviral Pharmacology/Lactating Mother/InfantsMark Mirochnick; Fiscal Year: 2006..Concentrations of zidovudine (ZDV), lamivudine (3TC) and nevirapine (NVP) will be measured in maternal plasma, breast milk and infant filter paper samples ..
- Safety Pharmacokinetics & Efficacy of Artemether & Lumefantrine in Pregnant WomenMark Mirochnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..The data from this planned study will provide the information needed to ensure that pregnant women receive the appropriate doses of these anti-malaria drugs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Universal Technology for Profiling the Dynamics of Normal & Oncogenic SignalingKaren Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..