Genomes and Genes
Summary: DNA present in neoplastic tissue.
Publications317 found, 100 shown here
- Gene expression profiling predicts clinical outcome of breast cancerLaura J van 't Veer
Division of Diagnostic Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, 121 Plesmanlaan, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nature 415:530-6. 2002..This gene expression profile will outperform all currently used clinical parameters in predicting disease outcome. Our findings provide a strategy to select patients who would benefit from adjuvant therapy...
- Gene expression patterns of breast carcinomas distinguish tumor subclasses with clinical implicationsT Sørlie
Department of Genetics, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, N 0310 Oslo, Norway
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:10869-74. 2001....
- CpG island methylator phenotype underlies sporadic microsatellite instability and is tightly associated with BRAF mutation in colorectal cancerDaniel J Weisenberger
Department of Surgery, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California 90089 9176, USA
Nat Genet 38:787-93. 2006..Sporadic cases of mismatch repair deficiency occur almost exclusively as a consequence of CIMP-associated methylation of MLH1 . We propose a robust new marker panel to classify CIMP+ tumors...
- DNA methylation in cancer: too much, but also too littleMelanie Ehrlich
Human Genetics Program SL31, Department of Biochemistry, Tulane Medical School, New Orleans, Louisiana, LA 70122, USA
Oncogene 21:5400-13. 2002..Inducing DNA hypomethylation may have short-term anticancer effects, but might also help speed tumor progression from cancer cells surviving the DNA demethylation chemotherapy...
- Analysis of repetitive element DNA methylation by MethyLightDaniel J Weisenberger
Department of Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 33:6823-36. 2005....
- DNA fragments in the blood plasma of cancer patients: quantitations and evidence for their origin from apoptotic and necrotic cellsS Jahr
Department of Biology, Universitat Konstanz, Germany
Cancer Res 61:1659-65. 2001..The data are consistent with the possibility that apoptotic and necrotic cells are a major source for plasma DNA in cancer patients...
- Circulating mutant DNA to assess tumor dynamicsFrank Diehl
The Ludwig Center for Cancer Genetics and Therapeutics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Nat Med 14:985-90. 2008..We suggest that this personalized genetic approach could be generally applied to individuals with other types of cancer...
- Circulating nucleic acids (CNAs) and cancer--a surveyM Fleischhacker
Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Medizinische Klinik mS Onkologie u Hämatologie, CCM, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1775:181-232. 2007..At the RNA level the overexpression of tumor-associated genes was shown. These observations laid the foundation for the development of assays for an early detection of cancer as well as for other clinical means...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutations and increased copy numbers predict gefitinib sensitivity in patients with recurrent non-small-cell lung cancerToshimi Takano
Division of Internal Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
J Clin Oncol 23:6829-37. 2005..To evaluate epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutations and copy number as predictors of clinical outcome in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) receiving gefitinib...
- Cancer epigenomics: DNA methylomes and histone-modification mapsManel Esteller
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Spanish National Cancer Centre CNIO, Melchor Fernandez Almagro 3, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Nat Rev Genet 8:286-98. 2007..It is time to 'upgrade' cancer epigenetics research and put together an ambitious plan to tackle the many unanswered questions in this field using epigenomics approaches...
- The DNA methylation paradoxP A Jones
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern, California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Hospital, Los Angeles 90033 0800, USA
Trends Genet 15:34-7. 1999..The methylation paradox might be resolved if it is hypothesized that transcription through a CpG island facilitates de novo methylation...
- Identification of the breast cancer susceptibility gene BRCA2R Wooster
Section of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Haddow Laboratories, Sutton Surrey, UK
Nature 378:789-92. 1995..Each mutation causes serious disruption to the open reading frame of the transcriptional unit. The results indicate that this is the BRCA2 gene...
- DNA methylation, methyltransferases, and cancerK D Robertson
Epigenetic Gene Regulation and Cancer Section, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bldg. 41, 41 Library Dr, Bethesda, Maryland, MD 20892, USA
Oncogene 20:3139-55. 2001..These new findings will likely enhance our understanding of the myriad roles of DNA methylation in disease as well as point the way to novel therapies to prevent or repair these defects...
- Quantification of free circulating DNA as a diagnostic marker in lung cancerGabriella Sozzi
Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 21:3902-8. 2003..This study was designed to assess the sensitivity and specificity of a quantitative molecular assay of circulating DNA to identify patients with lung cancer and monitor their disease...
- Distinct patterns of DNA copy number alteration are associated with different clinicopathological features and gene-expression subtypes of breast cancerAnna Bergamaschi
Department of Genetics, Institute for Cancer Research, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, Oslo, Norway
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:1033-40. 2006..This article contains Supplementary Material available at http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/1045-2257/suppmat..
- DNMT1 and DNMT3b cooperate to silence genes in human cancer cellsIna Rhee
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Nature 416:552-6. 2002..Here we demonstrate that two enzymes cooperatively maintain DNA methylation and gene silencing in human cancer cells, and provide compelling evidence that such methylation is essential for optimal neoplastic proliferation...
- CGHcall: calling aberrations for array CGH tumor profilesMark A van de Wiel
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Center, PO Box 7057, 1007MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Bioinformatics 23:892-4. 2007..By incorporating more than three classes, CGHcall improves detection of single copy gains and amplifications. Moreover, it allows effective inclusion of chromosome arm information...
- Detection of circulating tumour DNA in the blood (plasma/serum) of cancer patientsP Anker
Laboratoire de Biochimie et Physiologie Végétale, Pavillon des Isotopes, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Cancer Metastasis Rev 18:65-73. 1999..The results obtained in many different cancers have opened a new research area indicating that plasma DNA might eventually be a suitable target for the development of non-invasive diagnostic, prognostic and follow-up tests for cancer...
- A multiplex PCR predictor for aCGH success of FFPE samplesE H van Beers
Division of Experimental Therapy, Netherlands Cancer Institute NKI AvL, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 94:333-7. 2006....
- Detection of aberrant methylation of four genes in plasma DNA for the detection of breast cancerMohammad O Hoque
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Head and Neck Cancer Research Division, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4262-9. 2006..In this study, we explored the hypothesis that blood-based biomarkers have potential for biomarkers for breast cancer...
- DNA methylation and gene silencing in cancer: which is the guilty party?Susan J Clark
Sydney Cancer Centre, Kanematsu Laboratories, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Missenden Road, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Oncogene 21:5380-7. 2002....
- Large DNA palindromes as a common form of structural chromosome aberrations in human cancersHisashi Tanaka
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hitchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Hum Cell 19:17-23. 2006..A subset of loci containing palindromes is associated with gene amplification in Colo320DM, indicating that the location of palindromes in the cancer genome serves as a structural platform that supports subsequent gene amplification...
- Identification of hypoxia-induced genes in a malignant glioma cell line (U-251) by cDNA microarray analysisBrian T Ragel
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Neurosurg Rev 30:181-7; discussion 187. 2007..Future studies will focus on the hypothesis that Depp is up-regulated in an autocrine fashion by the AKR1C3 enzyme in U-251 glioma cells under hypoxic conditions...
- Cell-free nucleic acids circulating in the plasma of colorectal cancer patients induce the oncogenic transformation of susceptible cultured cellsDolores C García-Olmo
Experimental Research Unit, General University Hospital of Albacete, Albacete, Spain
Cancer Res 70:560-7. 2010..4 mum. Our results indicate that plasma from cancer patients is able to transform cultured cells oncogenically, supporting the previously proposed hypothesis of genometastasis...
- Amplification of N-myc in untreated human neuroblastomas correlates with advanced disease stageG M Brodeur
Science 224:1121-4. 1984..Furthermore, N-myc amplification is highly correlated with advanced stages of disease (P less than 0.001) and with the ability to grow in vitro as an established cell line, both of which are associated with a poor prognosis...
- Global gene expression profiling of multiple myeloma, monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance, and normal bone marrow plasma cellsFenghuang Zhan
Donna D and Donald M Lambert Laboratory of Myeloma Genetics, Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, 72205, USA
Blood 99:1745-57. 2002..Thus, novel candidate MM disease genes have been identified using gene expression profiling and this profiling has led to the development of a gene-based classification system for MM...
- Inherited variants of MYH associated with somatic G:C-->T:A mutations in colorectal tumorsNada Al-Tassan
Institute of Medical Genetics, University of Wales College of Medicine, Heath Park, Cardiff, CF14 4XN, UK
Nat Genet 30:227-32. 2002..Our findings link the inherited variants in MYH to the pattern of somatic APC mutation in family N and implicate defective base excision repair in predisposition to tumors in humans...
- DNA alterations in body fluids as molecular tumor markers for urological malignanciesCarsten Goessl
Department of Urology, Benjamin Franklin Medical School, Free University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Eur Urol 41:668-76. 2002..Both cell-free tumor DNA circulating in plasma/serum and cellular tumor DNA are detectable by minimally invasive measures...
- p16 hypermethylation during gastric carcinogenesis of Wistar rats by N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidineHua Bai
Department of Cancer Etiology, Peking University Health Science Center and Beijing Institute for Cancer Research, Da Hong Luo Chang Street, Western District, Beijing 100034, China
Mutat Res 535:73-8. 2003..These results suggest that CpG island hypermethylation may account for the silencing of p16 in rat stomach and is an early event whose accumulation will finally lead to gastric carcinogenesis...
- Somatic mutations of WNT/wingless signaling pathway components in primitive neuroectodermal tumorsA Koch
Department of Neuropathology, University of Bonn Medical Center; Bonn, Germany
Int J Cancer 93:445-9. 2001..Our data indicate that inappropriate activation of the WNT/wingless signaling pathway by mutations of its components may contribute to the pathogenesis of a subset of PNETs...
- Influence of methylated p15 and p16 genes on clinicopathological features in colorectal cancerAtsushi Ishiguro
First Department of Internal Medicine, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1334-9. 2006..We investigated p15(INK4b) methylation status in patients with colorectal cancer to verify the association between the methylation of p15(INK4b) and clinicopathological features compared with p16(INK4a)...
- Circulating plasma DNA as diagnostic biomarker in non-small cell lung cancerMassimiliano Paci
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Azienda Ospedaliera Santa Maria Nuova, Viale Risorgimento 80, 42100 Reggio Emilia, Italy
Lung Cancer 64:92-7. 2009..A second aim of this work is the sensibility and specificity evaluation of such method for future applications...
- E-cadherin is a tumour/invasion suppressor gene mutated in human lobular breast cancersG Berx
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, University of Ghent, Belgium
EMBO J 14:6107-15. 1995..These findings offer a molecular explanation for the typical scattered tumour cell growth in infiltrative lobular breast cancer...
- Detection of aberrantly methylated hMLH1 promoter DNA in the serum of patients with microsatellite unstable colon cancerW M Grady
Department of Medicine, Ireland Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Cancer Res 61:900-2. 2001..This assay offers a potential means for the serum-based detection and/or monitoring of microsatellite unstable colon cancers...
- Cell-free and cell-bound circulating DNA in breast tumours: DNA quantification and analysis of tumour-related gene methylationT E Skvortsova
Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, SD RAS, Lavrentiev Ave, Novosibirsk 630090, Russia
Br J Cancer 94:1492-5. 2006....
- Aberrant methylation of multiple tumor suppressor genes in acute myeloid leukemiaCumhur G Ekmekci
Genetics, Institute for Experimental Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Hematol 77:233-40. 2004..FAB M3 demonstrated a higher extent of methylation than M2/M4. This study provides an impetus for larger studies to define if the extent and pattern of methylation in subgroups of AML are clinically relevant...
- Identification of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha (HIF-1alpha) polymorphism as a mutation in prostate cancer that prevents normoxia-induced degradationXinyu S Fu
Cancer Biology Program, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Prostate 63:215-21. 2005..Although HIF-1alpha stabilization appears to be the molecular basis for VHL-associated cancers, stabilizing mutations in HIF-1alpha have not been reported...
- Prevalence and importance of internal tandem duplications in exons 11 and 12 of c-kit in mast cell tumors of dogsSue Downing
Veterinary Cancer Referral Group, 1044 South Robertson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA
Am J Vet Res 63:1718-23. 2002..To determine the prevalence of activating internal tandem duplications (ITDs) in exons 11 and 12 of c-kit in mast cell tumors (MCTs) of dogs and to correlate these mutations with prognosis...
- Detection of epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in serum as a predictor of the response to gefitinib in patients with non-small-cell lung cancerHideharu Kimura
Shien Lab, Medical Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 12:3915-21. 2006..These results suggest that patients with EGFR mutations seem to have better outcomes with gefitinib treatment, in terms of progression-free survival, overall survival, and response, than those patients without EGFR mutations...
- Widespread and nonrandom distribution of DNA palindromes in cancer cells provides a structural platform for subsequent gene amplificationHisashi Tanaka
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Nat Genet 37:320-7. 2005..Genome-wide analysis of palindrome formation is a new approach to identify structural chromosome aberrations associated with cancer...
- Immunohistochemistry versus microsatellite instability testing in phenotyping colorectal tumorsNoralane M Lindor
Department of Medical Genetics, Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:1043-8. 2002..To compare microsatellite instability (MSI) testing with immunohistochemical (IHC) detection of hMLH1 and hMSH2 in colorectal cancer...
- Methylation of serum DNA is an independent prognostic marker in colorectal cancerMaike Wallner
Department of Medicine II, University Hospital Grosshadern, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 12:7347-52. 2006..This study was designed to identify methylation targets with prognostic significance in the serum of patients with colorectal cancer...
- Telomere dysfunction: a potential cancer predisposition factorXifeng Wu
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1211-8. 2003..Genetic instability associated with telomere dysfunction (i.e., short telomeres) is an early event in tumorigenesis. We investigated the association between telomere length and cancer risk in four ongoing case-control studies...
- Inhibition of hsp90 compromises the DNA damage response to radiationHideaki Dote
Molecular Radiation Therapeutics and Radiation Oncology Branches, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland
Cancer Res 66:9211-20. 2006..These data indicate that Hsp90 can contribute to the DNA damage response to radiation affecting both DNA repair and cell cycle checkpoint activation...
- Circulating free DNA in plasma or serum as biomarker of carcinogenesis: practical aspects and biological significanceEmmanuelle Gormally
Université Catholique de Lyon, 25 rue du Plat, 69288 Lyon Cedex 02, France
Mutat Res 635:105-17. 2007..Testing these hypotheses will require well-designed studies, assessing multiple markers with quantitative and sensitive methods, with adequate follow-up of subjects, and we provide recommendations for the development of such studies...
- DNA hypermethylation in tumorigenesis: epigenetics joins geneticsS B Baylin
The Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, 1650 East Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Trends Genet 16:168-74. 2000..Methylation changes constitute potentially sensitive molecular markers to define risk states, monitor prevention strategies, achieve early diagnosis, and track the prognosis of cancer...
- DNA methylation, chromatin inheritance, and cancerM R Rountree
The Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Tumor Biology Laboratory, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, MD 21231, USA
Oncogene 20:3156-65. 2001....
- Polymorphisms in DNA double-strand break repair genes and risk of breast cancer: two population-based studies in USA and Poland, and meta-analysesMontserrat Garcia-Closas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Room 7076, Rockville, MD 20952 7234, USA
Hum Genet 119:376-88. 2006..Evaluation of potential underlying gene-gene interactions or associations in population subgroups will require even larger sample sizes...
- Contributions of ATM mutations to familial breast and ovarian cancerYvonne R Thorstenson
Stanford Genome Technology Center, Palo Alto, California 94304 1103, USA
Cancer Res 63:3325-33. 2003..This study indicates that there is a significant prevalence of ATM mutations in breast and ovarian cancer families and adds to a growing body of evidence that ATM mutations confer increased susceptibility to breast cancer...
- Mutations in the juxtamembrane domain of c-KIT are associated with higher grade mast cell tumors in dogsD Zemke
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
Vet Pathol 39:529-35. 2002..A significant association was found between the presence of a mutation and a higher grade of tumor but not between breed and grade or between breed and the presence of a mutation...
- Silencing of GSTP1 gene by CpG island DNA hypermethylation in HBV-associated hepatocellular carcinomasSheng Zhong
Department of Clinical Oncology, Sir Y K Pao Centre for Cancer, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong SAR, China
Clin Cancer Res 8:1087-92. 2002....
- Hypermethylation of the DNA repair gene O(6)-methylguanine DNA methyltransferase and survival of patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaManel Esteller
Division of Cancer Biology, The Johns Hopkins Oncology Center, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:26-32. 2002..MGMT promoter hypermethylation is a favorable prognostic marker in patients with brain tumors treated with alkylating agents...
- Identification of a gene, MLL, that spans the breakpoint in 11q23 translocations associated with human leukemiasS Ziemin-van der Poel
Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Chicago, IL 60637
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:10735-9. 1991..We have named this gene MLL (myeloid/lymphoid, or mixed-lineage, leukemia...
- Inactivation of the type II TGF-beta receptor in colon cancer cells with microsatellite instabilityS Markowitz
Department of Medicine, University Hospitals of Cleveland, OH, USA
Science 268:1336-8. 1995..RII mutation, by inducing the escape of cells from TGF-beta-mediated growth control, links DNA repair defects with a specific pathway of tumor progression...
- Detection of hypermethylated genes in women with and without cervical neoplasiaQinghua Feng
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:273-82. 2005..We examined whether DNA methylation changes might be used as markers of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) and invasive cervical cancer (ICC)...
- Promoter methylation and silencing of PTEN in gastric carcinomaYoung Hwa Kang
Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine and BK21 Project for Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy, Seoul, Korea
Lab Invest 82:285-91. 2002..The abnormalities of the PTEN gene are associated with tumor progression, metastasis, and survival...
- Quantitative analysis of circulating plasma DNA as a tumor marker in thoracic malignanciesLuis J Herrera
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Clin Chem 51:113-8. 2005..The objectives of this study were to develop a controlled, quantitative PCR (QPCR) assay to measure plasma DNA and then evaluate plasma DNA concentrations as a tumor marker in patients with thoracic malignancies...
- Principle and applications of digital PCRGudrun Pohl
Department of Pathology, 418 North Bond Street, B 315, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 4:41-7. 2004..The scope of this article is to review the principles of digital PCR and its practical applications in cancer research and in the molecular diagnosis of cancer...
- PDZK1 and GREB1 are estrogen-regulated genes expressed in hormone-responsive breast cancerM G Ghosh
Department of Surgery, Stanford University, California 94305, USA
Cancer Res 60:6367-75. 2000..5-fold, respectively. GREB1 was also induced by beta-estradiol in the ER-positive endometrial cell line ECC-1. The pattern of expression suggests a critical role for these two genes in the response of tissues and tumors to beta-estradiol...
- Gene promoter methylation in plasma and sputum increases with lung cancer riskSteven A Belinsky
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:6505-11. 2005..The prevalence for methylation of seven and three genes was examined in DNA from sputum and plasma, respectively, from women at different risk for lung cancer...
- Characterization of amplicons in neuroblastoma: high-resolution mapping using DNA microarrays, relationship with outcome, and identification of overexpressed genesAnne Fix
INSERM U830, Laboratoire de Génétique et Biologie des Cancers, Institut Curie, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 47:819-34. 2008..Finally, our results suggest that the presence of amplicons localized outside of chromosome 2, in addition to MYCN amplification, may be linked to a particularly severe outcome in neuroblastoma patients...
- Delineation of prognostic biomarkers in prostate cancerS M Dhanasekaran
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nature 412:822-6. 2001..Thus, the integration of cDNA microarray, high-density tissue microarray, and linked clinical and pathology data is a powerful approach to molecular profiling of human cancer...
- Pitfalls in the use of DNA microarray data for diagnostic and prognostic classificationRichard Simon
Biometric Research Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:14-8. 2003
- RUNX3 inactivation by frequent promoter hypermethylation and protein mislocalization constitute an early event in breast cancer progressionManish Mani Subramaniam
Oncology Research Institute, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Breast Cancer Res Treat 113:113-21. 2009..Here, we hypothesize that inactivation of RUNX3 occurring in ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) represent early event in breast carcinogenesis...
- Analysis of circulating tumor DNA in plasma at diagnosis and during follow-up of lung cancer patientsG Sozzi
Department of Experimental Oncology, Unit of Immunohematology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, 20133 Milan, Italy
Cancer Res 61:4675-8. 2001....
- Effect of folic acid supplementation on genomic DNA methylation in patients with colorectal adenomaM Pufulete
Nitritional Sciences Research Division, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, King s College London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford St, London SE1 9NH, UK
Gut 54:648-53. 2005....
- Array comparative genomic hybridization analysis of genomic alterations in breast cancer subtypesLenora W M Loo
Division of Human Biology, Division of Public Health Sciences, and Genomics Shared Resource, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Cancer Res 64:8541-9. 2004..These results indicate that array comparative genomic hybridization can identify significant differences in the genomic alterations between subtypes of breast cancer...
- Promoter methylation of p16, DAPK, CDH1, and TIMP-3 genes in cervical cancer: correlation with clinicopathologic characteristicsD H Jeong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Paik Institute for Clinical Research, and Department of Pathology, Busan Paik Hospital, Inje University College of Medicine, 633 165 Gaegum Dong, Busanjin Gu, Busan 614 735, South Korea
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1234-40. 2006..0061). The promoter methylation of the p16 gene is a frequent event in cervical carcinogenesis and may have potential clinical application as a marker for the progression and prognosis of cancer...
- Evaluation of tumor microsatellite instability using five quasimonomorphic mononucleotide repeats and pentaplex PCRNirosha Suraweera
INSERM U434, Centre d Etudes du Polymorphisme Humain, Paris, France
Gastroenterology 123:1804-11. 2002..Analysis of BAT-26 is sufficient for detecting the MSI phenotype in most, but not all, cases. Additional results with dinucleotide markers can sometimes lead to incorrect classification of MSI tumors...
- Genome-wide analysis of allelic imbalance in prostate cancer using the Affymetrix 50K SNP mapping arrayN Tørring
Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Skejby Sygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Brendstrupgaardsvej 100, DK 8200 Aarhus, Denmark
Br J Cancer 96:499-506. 2007..In conclusion, patterns of allelic imbalance were discovered in PCa, consisting allelic loss as an early event in tumour development, and distinct patterns of allelic amplification related to tumour progression and poor differentiation...
- In utero origin of t(8;21) AML1-ETO translocations in childhood acute myeloid leukemiaJoseph L Wiemels
Laboratory for Molecular Epidemiology, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California San Francisco 94143 0560, USA
Blood 99:3801-5. 2002....
- Prediction of breast tumor progression by integrity of free circulating DNA in serumNaoyuki Umetani
Department of Molecular Oncology and the Joyce Eisenberg Breast Center, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4270-6. 2006..Serum DNA integrity, the ratio of longer fragments to total DNA, may be clinically useful for detecting breast cancer progression...
- Gene expression profiling reveals stromal genes expressed in common between Barrett's esophagus and adenocarcinomaYing Hao
Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5187, USA
Gastroenterology 131:925-33. 2006....
- Expression of telomere-associated genes as prognostic markers for overall survival in patients with non-small cell lung cancerXin Lin
Departments of Epidemiology and Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1155 Pressler Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:5720-5. 2006..We hypothesized that the expression of these genes would have significant predictive value for cancer development and prognosis...
- The development of high-grade serous carcinoma from atypical proliferative (borderline) serous tumors and low-grade micropapillary serous carcinoma: a morphologic and molecular genetic analysisReiko Dehari
Department of Pathology, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1007-12. 2007..The above results suggest that the majority of high-grade and low-grade carcinomas develop independently but in rare cases, a high-grade serous carcinoma may arise from an atypical proliferative serous (borderline) tumor...
- c-KIT mutation analysis for diagnosis of gastrointestinal stromal tumors in fine needle aspiration specimensCarlynn Willmore-Payne
ARUP Laboratories, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Cancer 105:165-70. 2005..Antigen retrieval may be the cause of this spurious positivity. Recently, the demonstration of KIT and PDGFRA mutations has been shown to be more reliable in establishing the diagnosis of GIST than IHC...
- Reliable high-throughput genotyping and loss-of-heterozygosity detection in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tumors using single nucleotide polymorphism arraysEsther H Lips
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 65:10188-91. 2005..These data show that genome-wide genotyping of FFPE tissue with the BeadArray gives reliable results and is a powerful technique for LOH analysis...
- Evidence for a novel gene associated with low tumor metastatic potentialP S Steeg
Division of Cancer Biology and Diagnosis, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Natl Cancer Inst 80:200-4. 1988..The predicted carboxy-terminal protein sequence encoded by the pNM23 cDNA clone is novel compared with Genebank animal, bacterial, and viral sequences...
- Cancer epigeneticsRichard L Momparler
Département de pharmacology, Universite de Montreal, Centre de Recherche, Hopital Sainte Justine, 3175 Côte Ste Catherine Montreal, Que H3T 1C5, Canada
Oncogene 22:6479-83. 2003....
- MYCC and MYCN oncogene amplification in medulloblastoma. A fluorescence in situ hybridization study on paraffin sections from the Children's Oncology GroupNaji Aldosari
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:540-4. 2002..Data on these tumors indicate that the frequency of MYCC amplification is 5% to 10%. Fluorescence in situ hybridization is a powerful tool for investigating these features on archival material...
- Comparison of DNA hypermethylation patterns in different types of uterine cancer: cervical squamous cell carcinoma, cervical adenocarcinoma and endometrial adenocarcinomaSokbom Kang
Center for Uterine Cancer, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi, Republic of Korea
Int J Cancer 118:2168-71. 2006..0% vs. 33.3%, p = 0.001). In conclusion, the existence of these unique methylation patterns in these cancers suggests that their tumorigenesis may involve different epigenetic mechanisms...
- Monitoring of circulating tumour-associated DNA as a prognostic tool for oral squamous cell carcinomaK Hamana
Department of Clinical Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Br J Cancer 92:2181-4. 2005..Thus, our results suggest that the assessment of microsatellite status in the serum DNA could be a useful predictive tool to monitor disease prognosis...
- Kinase mutations and imatinib response in patients with metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumorMichael C Heinrich
R and D 19 3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Rd, Portland, OR 97207, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:4342-9. 2003..The relationship between mutations in these kinases and clinical response to imatinib was examined in a group of patients with advanced GIST...
- MIRA-assisted microarray analysis, a new technology for the determination of DNA methylation patterns, identifies frequent methylation of homeodomain-containing genes in lung cancer cellsTibor Rauch
Division of Biology, Beckman Research Institute of the City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Cancer Res 66:7939-47. 2006..The results support the hypothesis that cancer-associated DNA methylation events do not occur randomly throughout the genome but at least some are targeted by specific mechanisms...
- Circulating fragmented nucleosomal DNA and caspase-3 mRNA in patients with lymphoma and myelomaUgur Deligezer
Department of Basic Oncology, Oncology Institute, Istanbul University, Capa, Istanbul 34390, Turkey
Exp Mol Pathol 80:72-6. 2006..These findings suggest that nucleosomal DNA fragmentation is not correlated with elevated levels of apoptosis and circulating caspase-3 mRNA in circulating tumor cells...
- Genome-wide loss of heterozygosity and copy number analysis in melanoma using high-density single-nucleotide polymorphism arraysMitchell Stark
Oncogenomics Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Cancer Res 67:2632-42. 2007....
- Detection of EGFR- and HER2-activating mutations in squamous cell carcinoma involving the head and neckCarlynn Willmore-Payne
Department of Pathology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Mod Pathol 19:634-40. 2006..HRMAA could serve as a screening method to easily and rapidly identify these patients...
- Methylated DNA as a possible screening marker for neoplastic disease in several body fluidsHannes M Müller
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Innsbruck University Hospital, Austria
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 3:443-58. 2003..Due to the ubiquity of DNA methylation changes and the possibility to detect methylated DNA in several body fluids, this specifically altered DNA may serve as a potential new screening marker for neoplastic disease...
- The effect of human tissue factor pathway inhibitor-2 on the growth and metastasis of fibrosarcoma tumors in athymic miceHitendra Singh Chand
Department of Pathology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Blood 103:1069-77. 2004..Our collective data demonstrate that secretion of inhibitory TFPI-2 by a highly metastatic tumor cell markedly inhibits its growth and metastasis in vivo by regulating pericellular extracellular matrix (ECM) remodeling and angiogenesis...
- Multiple mutation analyses in single tumor cells with improved whole genome amplificationW Dietmaier
Institute of Pathology, The Department of Surgery, University of Regensburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 154:83-95. 1999....
- Methylation microarray analysis of late-stage ovarian carcinomas distinguishes progression-free survival in patients and identifies candidate epigenetic markersSusan H Wei
Department of Pathology and Anatomical Sciences, Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65203, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:2246-52. 2002..The purpose of this study was to profile methylation alterations of CpG islands in ovarian tumors and to identify candidate markers for diagnosis and prognosis of the disease...
- Tumor DNA in plasma at diagnosis of breast cancer patients is a valuable predictor of disease-free survivalJose M Silva
Department of Medical Oncology, Hospital Universitario Puerta de Hierro, E 28035 Madrid, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 8:3761-6. 2002..We examine prospectively whether the presence of plasma DNA with tumor characteristics before mastectomy is a predictive factor related to recurrence and disease-free survival (DFS)...
- Promoter hypermethylation patterns of p16, O6-methylguanine-DNA-methyltransferase, and death-associated protein kinase in tumors and saliva of head and neck cancer patientsS L Rosas
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21206-2198, USA
Cancer Res 61:939-42. 2001..Long-term longitudinal studies are needed to evaluate this approach for early detection of head and neck cancer in at-risk populations...
- Aberrant methylation of multiple genes and clinicopathological features in oral squamous cell carcinomaKazuhiro Ogi
Department of Molecular Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 8:3164-71. 2002..71; 95% confidence interval, 1.25-26.07). Analysis of DNA methylation is a useful approach to evaluation of the biological characteristics of oral cancers and may be a useful diagnostic indicator of patient prognosis...
- Highly sensitive method for genomewide detection of allelic composition in nonpaired, primary tumor specimens by use of affymetrix single-nucleotide-polymorphism genotyping microarraysGo Yamamoto
Departments of Hematology and Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hum Genet 81:114-26. 2007..In conclusion, AsCNAR should substantially improve our ability to dissect the complexity of cancer genomes and should contribute to our understanding of the genetic basis of human cancers...
- Quantification of circulating plasma DNA fragments as tumor markers in patients with esophageal cancerHaruhisa Tomita
Division of Digestive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Anticancer Res 27:2737-41. 2007..The quantity and quality of circulating DNA fragments was analyzed by quantitative real-time polymerase chain reactions (qPCR) in plasma from patients with esophageal carcinomas, in order to assess their diagnostic value...
- Methylation mediated silencing of TMS1/ASC gene in prostate cancerPartha M Das
Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Mol Cancer 5:28. 2006..We also examined the prevalence of TMS1/ASC gene methylation in prostate cancer tissue samples in an effort to correlate race and clinico-pathological features with TMS1/ASC gene methylation...
- Evaluation of epidermal growth factor receptor mutation status in serum DNA as a predictor of response to gefitinib (IRESSA)H Kimura
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Kanazawa University Hospital, Takara machi 13 1, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Br J Cancer 97:778-84. 2007..044, in serum samples). The results suggest that it is feasible to use serum DNA to detect EGFR mutation, and that it's potential as a predictor of response to, and survival on gefitinib is worthy of further evaluation...
- MUC1 expression is regulated by DNA methylation and histone H3 lysine 9 modification in cancer cellsNorishige Yamada
Department of Human Pathology, Field of Oncology, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, Japan
Cancer Res 68:2708-16. 2008..An understanding of the epigenetic changes of MUC1 may be of importance for diagnosis of carcinogenic risk and prediction of outcome for cancer patients...
- Universal linkage system: an improved method for labeling archival DNA for comparative genomic hybridizationJ C Alers
Department of Pathology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 25:301-5. 1999..We conclude that ULS is an excellent labeling method for performing CGH on small-fragment-sized DNA...
- Clonality and stability of the p53 gene in human astrocytic tumor cells: quantitative analysis of p53 gene mutations by yeast functional assayM Tada
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Hokkaido School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Cancer 67:447-50. 1996..Our results demonstrate the utility of the p53 functional assay for studies of clonality and support the hypothesis of clonal progression of brain tumors in vivo...
- DIET AND SOMATIC MUTATIONS IN COLON CANCERMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2007..e. p53, K-ras, and microsatellite instability). Differences in colon and rectal tumors will be compared. Additionally data from rectal tumors will be combined with that from colon tumors to define disease pathways. ..
- Growth Factors and Colon CancerMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study builds on a unique existing resource to study genetic and environmental associations with colorectal cancer. It will provide insight into colon cancer etiology and therefore avenues to disease prevention. ..
- A PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF ALASKA NATIVES & AMERICAN INDIANSMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..The AIAN cohort will serve as a resource to enhance research and training activities of AIAN students interested in health research, health education, and general public health. ..
- FOUR-CORNERS BREAST AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCER STUDYMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2003..C-peptide, glycosylated hemoglobin, IGF-1, and IGFBP3 will be evaluated with respect to breast and endometrial cancer in a subset of women. ..
- Colorectal Cancer Screening: Fecal Blood vs DNADavid Ahlquist; Fiscal Year: 2004..If the DNA-based test proves to have greater screening accuracy than fecal blood testing, this could translate into more effective cancer control and more efficient use of our limited health care resources. ..
- FSHD Syndrome: DNA Repeats, Methylation, & ChromatinMelanie Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed research should help elucidate the molecular etiology of the enigmatic FSHD syndrome. ..
- Statistical Models in EpigenomicsKimberly Siegmund; Fiscal Year: 2007..4. Apply the methods to DNA methylation patterns observed in primary tumors of the colon and distant metastasis in humans and in mice. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FSHD: Chromatin Structure, Looping, & ExpressionMelanie Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed research should elucidate new aspects of long-distance control of gene expression as well as lending clinically useful insights into this currently intractable disease. ..
- Flow Cytometry to Detect Human Tumor Cells in Body FluidAWTAR GANJU KRISHAN; Fiscal Year: 2003..3. Compare data collected from flow cytometric analysis with that obtained from cytopathology and immunocytochemistry routinely performed on these specimens for diagnostic purpose. ..
- Characterization of the Chromosome 17q23 AmpliconFergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2006..Thus, the project may involve a complete transition from benchtop to bedside. Finally, the amplified and overexpressed genes may prove useful as important targets of gene, pharmacological, and immunological therapy in the future. ..
- P21 INDUCTION BY BRCA2Fergus Couch; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Voice-preserving Treatment of Larynegeal PapillomaZhi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Loss of TGF-Beta Rll in the LiverWilliam Grady; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Array-based methylation analysis using anti-5mC antibodyFumiichiro Yamamoto; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will evaluate the sensitivity, specificity, and reproducibility of the method, using BAG clone microarrays, DNA fragment microarrays, and oligonucleotide microarrays. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biology of Breast Cancers Arising in Older WomenChristopher Benz; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Genetics/microsatellite instability in tumor suppressorsHanlee Ji; Fiscal Year: 2007..To accomplish this goal, I will screen a cDNA library derived from normal colon tissue for new genes which are susceptible to microsatellite instability mutations. ..
- Prognostic Significance of DNA and Histone MethylationChandrika Piyathilake; Fiscal Year: 2007..Investigator talent, equipment, facilities and access to study subjects at UAB are ideal for conducting this study. ..
- Protein Profiling in Nipple Aspirate FluidEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Melanoma NRAS/BRAF Mutations: A Population-Based StudyNancy Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study is also expected to lead to identification of new hemotherapeutic targets and more efficient testing of inhibitors for NRAS and BRAF signaling, which have recently been developed. ..
- Regulation of the von Hippel-Lindau ProteinPaul Corn; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Soyfood, gene polymorphisms and endometrial cancer riskXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Genomic Analysis of Tumor Context Vulnerabilities in Human Metastatic MelanomaJeffrey M Trent; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed research aims to identify genetic vulnerabilities acquired by metastatic melanoma cells that may be exploited to improve the effectiveness of clinical intervention in this disease. ..
- Meningioma: Risk Factors and Quality of LifeJOSEPH LEO WIEMELS; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study represents the first concentrated effort to examine environmental and genetic risk factors for meningioma. ..
- Epigenetic regulation of cancer/germ-line antigen gene expressionAdam R Karpf; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, this study will provide key information relevant for understanding the outcome and improving the future design of clinical vaccine trials for the treatment of ovarian cancer. ..
- TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENE METHYLATION IN LUNG ADENOCARCINOMASteven A Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..Transient transfection of minimized promoters into cell lines with an endogenously active or silenced gene will be used to elucidate the sequence of changes involved in repression of promoter activity. REVISED: July 7, 2005 ..
- Mitochondrial Gene Expression Changes Related to a Symptom Cluster in Prostate CaJoachim Voss; Fiscal Year: 2009..The parent trial will also collect self-report fatigue data at baseline and at the end of treatment in both groups. Gene expression studies will be conducted by the PI at the UW. ..
- A Novel Inhibitor of Stat3 for Prostate Cancer TherapyNaijie Jing; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS IN NEOPLASIAPaul Neiman; Fiscal Year: 2008..In this fashion we hope to establish whether Myc-induced genomic instability merits wider exploration in human neoplasm. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- HU/JHU Head and Neck Cancer Translational Research and *Joseph Califano; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Soy Food and Coronary Heart Disease in WomenXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Clinical application of multispectral imaging flow cytometryHans Minderman; Fiscal Year: 2008..The aim of the proposed studies is to determine necessary adjustments to this instrument's hardware and analysis software to accurately and efficiently use it in a clinical research setting. ..
- Zebrafish Peripheral Sympathetic Nervous System Development and NeuroblastomaRANI GEORGE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Insight into the proteins encoded by such modifier genes may lead to the discovery of genes that could serve as novel drug targets for the treatment of older children with advanced disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR MODELING OF DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS IN HNSCCMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Modeling Folate, One-Carbon Metabolism & DNA MethylationCornelia Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2007..We plan to make the model generally available to the research community, and anticipate that it will become a useful tool that can be used as an adjunct to experimental investigations and as an aid to study design. ..
- P53 in BBD and Breast Cancer Risk: A Multicenter CohortThomas Rohan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, establishment of our international, multi-disciplinary group will create a unique forum in which to undertake not only this study but also further investigations of the molecular pathogenesis of breast cancer. ..
- CHARACTERIZATION AND SORTING OF ZYMOGEN GRANULE PROTEINSANSON LOWE; Fiscal Year: 2004..The model we propose to generate will provide important information on GP2 biology and may also provide potential models for human acute and chronic pancreatic diseases. ..
- 2003 Genetic Toxicology Gordon ConferencePenny Jeggo; Fiscal Year: 2003..We particularly air to obtain funding to support applications from minority groupings and younger scientists. We have already identified a significant participation of women amongst our list of speakers. ..
- DNA Methylation in Patients with Non-Hodgkin's LymphomaVictor Levenson; Fiscal Year: 2003..When the assay is optimized for disease detection in patient's plasma we will also address the issue of residual disease detection and monitoring of treatment efficacy. ..
- DNA REPAIR GENE POLYMORPHISMS AND BREAST CANCER RISKTIMOTHY JORGENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- POLYMORPHISMS IN PG/COX PATHWAY AND COLORECTAL POLYPSCornelia Ulrich; Fiscal Year: 2003..Finally, we plan to develop a model for integrating information on genetic variability at multiple points in this metabolic pathway. ..
- REGULATION OF ANDROGEN RECEPTOR ACTIVITY IN THE PROSTATEMichael Garabedian; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Workshop On Experimental Models from Bursa of FabriciusPaul Neiman; Fiscal Year: 2002..This workshop will serve to stimulate further development and application, and to educate interested young scientists to the opportunities presented. ..
- Imprinted PEG3 domain at 19q13.4 and carcinogenesisSusan Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will help clarify the role of the human PEG3 isoforms in the control of cellular growth, and may further contribute potential diagnostic and therapeutic targets for ovarian cancer. ..
- DNA DAMAGE IN MOUSE TUMORS EVAL BY IR SPECTROSCOPYDONALD MALINS; Fiscal Year: 2002..Third, we shall evaluate how two chemotherapeutic drugs with different modes of action affect detectable DNA lesions, using the FT-IR technology, and attempt to correlate this with their activity in tumor formation. ..
- GPX1 ENZYME REGULATION BY OXIDATIVE XENOBIOTICSMichael Kelner; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will provide critical information regarding cellular response to oxidative stress and aid in determining if a common regulatory mechanism exists for GSH-dependent enzymes. ..
- BENIGN BREAST DISEASE--MOLECULAR DIFFERENTIATION OF RISKMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- TELOMERASE ASSAY FOR OVARIAN CANCER DETECTIONLouis Dubeau; Fiscal Year: 2004..The potential influence of these agents on the sensitivity of testing for telomerase as a means of detecting ovarian cancer cells will be examined. ..
- INHERITED MSH6 MUTATIONS IN DIVERSE COLORECTAL CANCERSSapna Syngal; Fiscal Year: 2004..Evidence that MSH6 is a moderately penetrant, later-onset hereditary colorectal cancer gene would imply the existence of similar genes for other common cancers that await discovery. ..
- COORDINATED REGULATION OF ANTIOXIDANT ENZYMESMichael Kelner; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Biofilm Chemoprevention of Head/Neck Skin CancerZhi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2005..This is the first study to use polymer biofilm technique for NMSC chemoprevention on head/neck region. We believe that a successful study will greatly benefit patients. ..
- The Role of Telomeres and Telomerase in CancerJerry Shay; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- DNA Damage as Women Age: Implications for Breast CancerDONALD MALINS; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- RAS/BRAF Melanoma Mutations: Precursors, Risk, PrognosisNancy Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study is also expected to lead to identification of new chemotherapeutic targets and more efficient testing of inhibitors for NRAS and BRAF signaling, which have recently been developed. ..
- Systematic Integration POR into Clinical Pathway of HCCMyron Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..This program provides a truly remarkable opportunity to make meaningful progress in understanding, preventing and treating HCC, while in the process providing fertile training ground for young physician-scientists. ..
- The Effect of Black Cohosh Extract on the Human BreastEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 2004..The findings should allow us to design a high quality R01 submission involving a larger, randomized study of longer duration which should provide some answers on the potential role of BCE in breast cancer. ..
- Molecular Basis of Young Onset Colorectal CancerLisa Boardman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Following achievement of these goals, I am confident that I will be ready to continue my career as a successful independent investigator committed to colerectal cancer prevention and control. ..
- A NOVEL CANCER MODEL--VACCINE ASSOCIATED SARCOMAElizabeth McNiel; Fiscal Year: 2005..I intend to apply the techniques and data acquired from this work to establish a center for animal tumor cytogenetics and genomic to study the role of genetics in the pathogenesis of cancer. ..
- A Pilot Trial of Oral Melatonin Supplementation in Breast Cancer SurvivorsEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2007..This pilot data could lay the groundwork for a large scale trial to assess the chemopreventive potential of melatonin in women, both with and without a personal history of breast cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Effects of Light at Night on Circadian System in NursesEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Clock Genes, Night Work, and Breast Cancer RiskEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results from this study could help identify individuals who are more susceptible to night work than others, based on their genetic profile. ..
- Anti-Leukemic Activity of the Novel Triterpeniod CDDOMichael Andreeff; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term goal of our proposed mechanistic and efficacy studies is to determine the potential of CDDO as a novel anti-leukemia and anti-tumor agent. ..
- LETHAL MUTAGENESIS OF HIV BY DEOXYNUCLEOSIDE ANALOGSLAWRENCE LOEB; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Luminal Lipid Exposure, Genetics and Colon Cancer RiskIkuko Kato; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, accumulated dietary data and biological specimens will serve as an important resource for future research on other nutrient-gene interactions. ..
- Whole genome amplification and DNA pooling strategiesImmaculata DeVivo; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results from the pooling experiments will determine whether this method may be sensitive enough for use in nested case-control studies where a small difference in allele frequency is expected. ..
- Tumor suppressor adenomatous polyposis coli and breast carcinogenesisSatya Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- CHROMOSOME ALTERATIONS IN BARRETT'S ESOPHAGUSTHOMAS PAULSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results from these analyses will be of interest to both clinical and basic researchers in studying EA and other cancers. ..
- INTERACTION OF APC AND P53 IN COLORECTAL CARCINOGENESISSatya Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2001..Therefore, novel therapeutic strategies may emerge with respect to potential new targets for chemotherapeutic intervention in colon cancer. ..
- CORI: Consortium Expansion and Database EnhancementDavid Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Screening for colortectal cancer in an Asian Community CenterDavid Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is a new paradigm for screening, which takes advantage of the trust and cultural awareness that exists at the community center and does not rely on the primary care provider. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Environmental Mutagen Society, 34th Annual MeetingLAWRENCE LOEB; Fiscal Year: 2003..Awards will be made to US speakers whose major area of interest is in carcinogenesis. ..