Genomes and Genes
Summary: A synthetic polypeptide that consists of the 1-34 amino-acid fragment of human PARATHYROID HORMONE, the biologically active N-terminal region. The acetate form is given by intravenous infusion in the differential diagnosis of HYPOPARATHYROIDISM and PSEUDOHYPOPARATHYROIDISM. (Reynolds JEF(Ed): Martindale: The Extra Pharmacopoeia (electronic version). Micromedex, Inc, Englewood, CO, 1995)
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- Opposite bone remodeling effects of teriparatide and alendronate in increasing bone massMichael R McClung
Oregon Osteoporosis Center, Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, OR 97213, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:1762-8. 2005..Recombinant teriparatide (human parathyroid hormone 1-34) stimulates bone formation, increases bone mass, and improves bone ..
- Randomized Teriparatide [human parathyroid hormone (PTH) 1-34] Once-Weekly Efficacy Research (TOWER) trial for examining the reduction in new vertebral fractures in subjects with primary osteoporosis and high fracture riskToshitaka Nakamura
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:3097-106. 2012Weekly teriparatide injection at a dose of 56.5 μg has been shown to increase bone mineral density.
- Parathyroid hormone and teriparatide for the treatment of osteoporosis: a review of the evidence and suggested guidelines for its useAnthony B Hodsman
University of Western Ontario, St Joseph s Health Care, Room 2F 15, 268, Grosvenor Street, London, Ontario N6A 4V2, Canada
Endocr Rev 26:688-703. 2005..PTH and its analog, teriparatide [recombinant human PTH(1-34)], represent a new class of anabolic therapies for the treatment of severe ..
- Quantitative computed tomographic assessment of the effects of 24 months of teriparatide treatment on 3D femoral neck bone distribution, geometry, and bone strength: results from the EUROFORS studyJan Borggrefe
Medizinische Physik, Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
J Bone Miner Res 25:472-81. 2010..bone strength based on 3D quantitative computed tomography (QCT) of the femoral neck (FN) in subjects receiving teriparatide (TPTD). Fifty-two postmenopausal women with severe osteoporosis were analyzed...
- Reduction in fracture rate and back pain and increased quality of life in postmenopausal women treated with teriparatide: 18-month data from the European Forsteo Observational Study (EFOS)Bente L Langdahl
Department of Endocrinology, Arhus University Hospital, Tage Hansens Gade 2, Arhus, 8000, Denmark
Calcif Tissue Int 85:484-93. 2009The European Forsteo Observational Study was designed to examine the effectiveness of teriparatide in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis treated for up to 18 months in normal clinical practice in eight European countries...
- Effect of parathyroid hormone (1-34) on fractures and bone mineral density in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisR M Neer
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 344:1434-41. 2001..The 40-microg dose increased bone mineral density more than the 20-microg dose but had similar effects on the risk of fracture and was more likely to have side effects...
- Teriparatide for acceleration of fracture repair in humans: a prospective, randomized, double-blind study of 102 postmenopausal women with distal radial fracturesPer Aspenberg
Orthopaedics, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
J Bone Miner Res 25:404-14. 2010Animal experiments show a dramatic improvement in skeletal repair by teriparatide. We tested the hypothesis that recombinant teriparatide, at the 20 microg dose normally used for osteoporosis treatment or higher, would accelerate fracture ..
- Serum sclerostin levels positively correlate with lumbar spinal bone mineral density in postmenopausal women--the six-month effect of risedronate and teriparatideS A Polyzos
Second Medical Clinic, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Ippokration Hospital, 13 Simou Lianidi, 551 34 Thessaloniki, Greece
Osteoporos Int 23:1171-6. 2012..Furthermore, serum sclerostin was increased after 6 months treatment with risedronate, whereas remained unchanged after 6 months teriparatide treatment.
- Effects of intravenous zoledronic acid plus subcutaneous teriparatide [rhPTH(1-34)] in postmenopausal osteoporosisFelicia Cosman
Clinical Research Center, Helen Hayes Hospital, West Haverstraw, NY 10993, USA
J Bone Miner Res 26:503-11. 2011..with an intravenous infusion of zoledronic acid 5 mg and daily subcutaneous recombinant human (rh)PTH(1-34) (teriparatide) 20 µg versus either agent alone on bone mineral density (BMD) and bone turnover markers, we conducted a 1-..
- Teriparatide in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis and mild or moderate renal impairmentP D Miller
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center and Colorado Center for Bone Research, Denver, CO, USA
Osteoporos Int 18:59-68. 2007..The prevalence of both osteoporosis and renal impairment increases with age...
- Of mice and men: divergent risks of teriparatide-induced osteosarcomaV Subbiah
Department of Sarcoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Osteoporos Int 21:1041-5. 2010Since approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in December 2002, teriparatide (recombinant 1-34 PTH; Forteo) has been safely used by more than 430,000 patients...
- Early responsiveness of women with osteoporosis to teriparatide after therapy with alendronate or risedronatePaul D Miller
Colorado Center for Bone Research, Lakewood, Colorado 80227, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3785-93. 2008Anabolic responsiveness to teriparatide can be blunted or delayed in patients previously treated with alendronate. The extent of this effect is different for other antiresorptives...
- Effects of a single injection of teriparatide on bone turnover markers in postmenopausal womenM Shiraki
Department of Internal Medicine, Research Institute and Practice for Involutional Diseases, 1610 1 Meisei, Misato, Azumino, Nagano, 399 8101, Japan
Osteoporos Int 24:219-26. 2013This study investigated the effects of a single administration of teriparatide on bone turnover markers in postmenopausal women...
- Comparative effects of teriparatide and strontium ranelate on bone biopsies and biochemical markers of bone turnover in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisRobert R Recker
Osteoporosis Research Center, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
J Bone Miner Res 24:1358-68. 2009We assessed the effects on bone remodeling and histomorphometry after daily subcutaneous injections of teriparatide (n = 39, 20 microg/d) or oral strontium ranelate (SrR, n = 40, 2 g/d) in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis...
- Effects of teriparatide, alendronate, or both in women with postmenopausal osteoporosisJoel S Finkelstein
Department of Medicine, Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:1838-45. 2010b>Teriparatide increases both bone formation and bone resorption.
- Teriparatide and denosumab, alone or combined, in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis: the DATA study randomised trialJoy N Tsai
Department of Medicine, Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Lancet 382:50-6. 2013..The combining of anabolic agents with bisphosphonates has not improved efficacy. We compared combined teriparatide and denosumab with both agents alone.
- Short-term teriparatide therapy as an adjunctive modality for bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jawsY D Kwon
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Kyung Hee University School of Dentistry, Hoegi dong, Dongdaenum ku, Seoul, 130 701, Republic of Korea
Osteoporos Int 23:2721-5. 2012To review the effect of teriparatide as an adjunctive modality for bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaws (BRONJ), we describe a series of cases of teriparatide therapy for the treatment of BRONJ and serial changes of serum ..
- Evidence that anabolic effects of PTH on bone require IGF-I in growing miceN Miyakoshi
Musculoskeletal Disease Center, J L Pettis VA Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92357, USA
Endocrinology 142:4349-56. 2001..These data to our knowledge provide the first direct evidence that the anabolic effects of PTH on bone formation in vivo require IGF-I action in growing mice...
- Recombinant human parathyroid hormone (1-34) [teriparatide] improves both cortical and cancellous bone structureYebin Jiang
Osteoporosis and Arthritis Research Group, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0628, USA
J Bone Miner Res 18:1932-41. 2003Histomorphometry and microCT of 51 paired iliac crest biopsy specimens from women treated with teriparatide revealed significant increases in cancellous bone volume, cancellous bone connectivity density, cancellous bone plate-like ..
- A comparison of teriparatide and calcitonin therapy in postmenopausal Asian women with osteoporosis: a 6-month studyA W C Kung
Dept of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, China
Curr Med Res Opin 22:929-37. 2006..As bone mineral density (BMD) may be used as a measure of fracture risk, we sought to compare the effects of teriparatide with salmon calcitonin treatment on changes in BMD, biochemical bone markers, and safety in postmenopausal ..
- Teriparatide reduces bone microdamage accumulation in postmenopausal women previously treated with alendronateHarald Dobnig
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Nuclear Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
J Bone Miner Res 24:1998-2006. 2009..Our objective was to study the effects of teriparatide treatment on changes in microdamage accumulation at the iliac crest in previously treatment-naïve patients or ..
- Improvements in vertebral body strength under teriparatide treatment assessed in vivo by finite element analysis: results from the EUROFORS studyChristian Graeff
Medical Physics, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Michaelisstrasse 9, D 24105 Kiel, Germany
J Bone Miner Res 24:1672-80. 2009..Finite element (FE) analysis-based strength measures were used to monitor a teriparatide therapy and the associated effects on whole bone and local fracture risk...
- Rapid and robust response of biochemical markers of bone formation to teriparatide therapySarah J Glover
University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Bone 45:1053-8. 2009b>Teriparatide, a parathyroid hormone analogue, is a potent anabolic treatment for postmenopausal osteoporosis...
- Sustained vertebral fracture risk reduction after withdrawal of teriparatide in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisRobert Lindsay
Regional Bone Center, Helen Hayes Hospital, West Haverstraw, NY 10993, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:2024-30. 2004b>Teriparatide (recombinant human parathyroid hormone [1-34]) reduces fracture risk in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. We assessed the safety and incidence of new vertebral fractures after withdrawal of teriparatide.
- Teriparatide effects on vertebral fractures and bone mineral density in men with osteoporosis: treatment and discontinuation of therapyJ M Kaufman
Department of Endocrinology, Ghent University Hospital, 9K121E, De Pintelaan 185, Ghent, Belgium
Osteoporos Int 16:510-6. 2005b>Teriparatide (rhPTH[1-34]), a bone-forming agent for the treatment of osteoporosis, increases bone mineral density in men and women, and reduces the risk of fractures in women with osteoporosis...
- Effects of teriparatide in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis on prior alendronate or raloxifene: differences between stopping and continuing the antiresorptive agentFelicia Cosman
Helen Hayes Hospital, West Haverstraw, New York 10993, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:3772-80. 2009The aim of the study was to assess adding vs. switching to teriparatide 20 microg/d in patients on alendronate or raloxifene.
- Effects of teriparatide versus alendronate for treating glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis: thirty-six-month results of a randomized, double-blind, controlled trialKenneth G Saag
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Arthritis Rheum 60:3346-55. 2009To compare the bone anabolic drug teriparatide (20 microg/day) with the antiresorptive drug alendronate (10 mg/day) for treating glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis (OP).
- Effect of transdermal teriparatide administration on bone mineral density in postmenopausal womenFelicia Cosman
Regional Bone Center, Helen Hayes Hospital, West Haverstraw, New York, New York 10993, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:151-8. 2010Treatment of osteoporosis with an anabolic agent, teriparatide [human PTH 1-34 (TPTD)], is effective in reducing incident fractures, but patient resistance to daily sc injections has limited its use...
- Active comparator trial of teriparatide vs alendronate for treating glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis: results from the Hispanic and non-Hispanic cohortsBenito R Losada
Hospital Universitario de Caracas, Ciudad Universitaria, Los Chaguaramos, Caracas, Venezuela
J Clin Densitom 12:63-70. 2009Glucocorticoid use is a leading cause of secondary osteoporosis. This post hoc analysis compared teriparatide vs alendronate on bone mineral density (BMD) in Hispanic and non-Hispanic patients with glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis...
- Teriparatide may accelerate healing in delayed unions of type III odontoid fractures: a report of 3 casesPaul T Rubery
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 23:151-5. 2010..Case Report...
- A model for the pathogenesis of bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw and teriparatide's potential role in its resolutionGayathri Subramanian
PGY1, General Practice Residency Program, New Jersey Dental School Umdnj, Newark, NJ 07101, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 112:744-53. 2011..The objective of this study was to present a comprehensive model for the pathogenesis of bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of the jaw (BON)...
- Femoral strength in osteoporotic women treated with teriparatide or alendronateTony M Keaveny
Department of Mechanical Engineering, 6175 Etcheverry Hall MC 1740, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 1740, USA
Bone 50:165-70. 2012To gain insight into the clinical effect of teriparatide and alendronate on the hip, we performed non-linear finite element analysis of quantitative computed tomography (QCT) scans from 48 women who had participated in a randomized, ..
- Anabolic agents and bone qualityTarek Sibai
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, 720 Harrison Avenue, Suite 808, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 469:2215-24. 2011....
- Effects of teriparatide and alendronate on vertebral strength as assessed by finite element modeling of QCT scans in women with osteoporosisTony M Keaveny
University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 1740, USA
J Bone Miner Res 22:149-57. 2007FE modeling was used to estimate the biomechanical effects of teriparatide and alendronate on lumbar vertebrae. Both treatments enhanced predicted vertebral strength by increasing average density...
- Teriparatide (recombinant human parathyroid hormone 1-34) in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis: systematic reviewVirgínia Fernandes Moça Trevisani
Brazilian Cochrane Center, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina UNIFESP EPM, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 126:279-84. 2008..b>Teriparatide stimulates the formation and action of osteoblasts, which are responsible for bone formation, thus promoting ..
- Osteoporosis in men: its pathophysiology and the role of teriparatide in its treatmentClaudia Gagnon
Department of Medicine, The University of Melbourne, Western Hospital, Cnr Eleanor and Marion Streets, Footscray, VIC 3011, Australia
Clin Interv Aging 3:635-45. 2008..b>Teriparatide is the only anabolic agent currently approved for treatment of osteoporosis in men...
- Skeletal histomorphometry in subjects on teriparatide or zoledronic acid therapy (SHOTZ) study: a randomized controlled trialDavid W Dempster
Regional Bone Center, Helen Hayes Hospital, West Haverstraw, New York 10993, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:2799-808. 2012..Recent studies on the mechanism of action (MOA) of bone-active drugs have rekindled interest in how to present and interpret dynamic histomorphometric parameters of bone remodeling...
- Differential effects of teriparatide on regional bone formation using (18)F-fluoride positron emission tomographyMichelle L Frost
Osteoporosis Research Unit, Division of Imaging Sciences, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London, UK
J Bone Miner Res 26:1002-11. 2011b>Teriparatide increases skeletal mass, bone turnover markers, and bone strength, but local effects on bone tissue may vary between skeletal sites...
- Successful treatment of sternal fracture nonunion with teriparatideS Chintamaneni
Rheumatology, Stony Brook University Medical Center, New York, USA
Osteoporos Int 21:1059-63. 2010..While majority of fractures heal uneventfully, some fail to heal even after many months resulting in nonunion...
- Differential effects of teriparatide and alendronate on bone remodeling in postmenopausal women assessed by histomorphometric parametersMonique Arlot
Laboratoire d Histodynamique Osseuse and INSERM Unit 403, Faculty of Medicine R Laennec, Lyon, France
J Bone Miner Res 20:1244-53. 2005..double-blind study was conducted in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis to compare the effects of once-daily teriparatide 20 microg with alendronate 10 mg on bone histomorphometry. Biopsies were obtained from 42 patients...
- Teriparatide vs. alendronate as a treatment for osteoporosis: changes in biochemical markers of bone turnover, BMD and quality of lifeAnnalisa Panico
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology and Oncology, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Med Sci Monit 17:CR442-448. 2011We studied the use of teriparatide in postmenopausal women with severe osteoporosis.
- Adherence and persistence with teriparatide among patients with commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid insuranceS A Foster
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Osteoporos Int 22:551-7. 2011Adherence to, and persistence with, treatments for osteoporosis are low. Adherence with teriparatide decreases over time. Higher copayments in the commercial/Medicare population were associated with worse persistence...
- Cost effectiveness of teriparatide and PTH(1-84) in the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosisFredrik Borgstrom
i3 Innovus, Stockholm, Sweden, and LIME MMC, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
J Med Econ 13:381-92. 2010..the cost effectiveness from a societal perspective of the recombinant human parathyroid hormones: PTH(1-34) (teriparatide) and PTH(1-84) for patients with osteoporosis with similar characteristics to patients treated in normal ..
- The impact of teriparatide adherence and persistence on fracture outcomesS Yu
Department of Pharmacy Administration, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, 833 S Wood Street Room 241, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Osteoporos Int 23:1103-13. 2012The study investigated the real-world relationship between teriparatide adherence and persistence and fracture outcomes in a US claims database...
- Increases in BMD correlate with improvements in bone microarchitecture with teriparatide treatment in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisPeiqi Chen
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Bone Miner Res 22:1173-80. 2007Increases in BMD are correlated with improvements in 2D and 3D trabecular microarchitecture indices with teriparatide treatment...
- Effects of a one-month treatment with PTH(1-34) on bone formation on cancellous, endocortical, and periosteal surfaces of the human iliumRobert Lindsay
Clinical Research Center, Helen Hayes Hospital, West Haverstraw, NY 10993, USA
J Bone Miner Res 22:495-502. 2007..Enhanced bone formation was associated with an increase in osteoblast apoptosis...
- A randomized double-blind trial to compare the efficacy of teriparatide [recombinant human parathyroid hormone (1-34)] with alendronate in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisJean Jacques Body
Department of Medicine, Institut J Bordet, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4528-35. 2002b>Teriparatide (rDNA origin) injection [recombinant human PTH (1-34)] stimulates bone formation, increases bone mineral density (BMD), and restores bone architecture and integrity...
- An 18-month open-label trial of teriparatide in patients with previous parathyroidectomy at continued risk for osteoporotic fractures: an exploratory studyBarry S Horowitz
Metabolic Research Institute, Inc, West Palm Beach, FL, USA
Endocr Pract 17:377-83. 2011To determine whether teriparatide increases lumbar spine bone mineral density (BMD) in patients who have undergone parathyroidectomy for primary hyperparathyroidism (PHPT) and are at continued risk for fracture.
- Effect of raloxifene after recombinant teriparatide [hPTH(1-34)] treatment in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisS Adami
Riabilitazione Reumatologica, University of Verona, Valeggio s Mincio, Verona, Italy
Osteoporos Int 19:87-94. 2008Loss of bone mineral density occurs after discontinuation of teriparatide, if no subsequent treatment is given...
- Teriparatide, vitamin D, and calcium healed bilateral subtrochanteric stress fractures in a postmenopausal woman with a 13-year history of continuous alendronate therapyStephen J Gomberg
West Oaks Orthopaedic Associates, Thousand Oaks, California 91361, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1627-32. 2011..Oral bisphosphonates comprise the most widely prescribed class of antiosteoporotic drugs. Recent reports, however, propose a link between prolonged bisphosphonate use and atypical, low-energy, subtrochanteric fractures...
- Back pain during different sequential treatment regimens of teriparatide: results from EUROFORSGeorge Lyritis
University of Athens, Greece
Curr Med Res Opin 26:1799-807. 2010To investigate changes in back pain in postmenopausal women with severe osteoporosis who received teriparatide for 24 months or switched at 12 months to raloxifene or no active treatment.
- Increased bone formation by prevention of osteoblast apoptosis with parathyroid hormoneR L Jilka
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, UAMS Center for Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Diseases, and Central Arkansas Veterans Health Care System, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Clin Invest 104:439-46. 1999..Moreover, it suggests novel pharmacotherapeutic strategies for osteoporosis and, perhaps, other pathologic conditions in which tissue mass diminution has compromised functional integrity...
- Effects of teriparatide on bone mineral density and bone turnover markers in Japanese subjects with osteoporosis at high risk of fracture in a 24-month clinical study: 12-month, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind and 12-month open-label phasesAkimitsu Miyauchi
Lilly Research Laboratories Japan, Eli Lilly Japan K K, Sannomiya Plaza Bldg, 7 1 5 Isogamidori, Chuo Ku, Kobe 651 0086, Japan
Bone 47:493-502. 2010This multicenter study assessed the safety and efficacy of teriparatide 20 microg/day in Japanese men and women with osteoporosis at high risk of fracture during a 12-month, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled treatment period ..
- Development of an algorithm for using PINP to monitor treatment of patients with teriparatideRichard Eastell
University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 22:61-6. 2006b>Teriparatide effects are mediated via the preferential stimulation of osteoblastic activity over osteoclastic activity. Amino-terminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PINP) is an indicator of osteoblastic activity.
- Changes in trabecular and cortical bone microarchitecture at peripheral sites associated with 18 months of teriparatide therapy in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisH M Macdonald
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Schulich School of Engineering, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive, N W, Calgary, AB, T2N 1N4, Canada
Osteoporos Int 22:357-62. 2011..changes in bone microarchitecture and strength at the distal radius and tibia associated with 18 months of teriparatide therapy in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis...
- Change in lumbar spine BMD and vertebral fracture risk reduction in teriparatide-treated postmenopausal women with osteoporosisPeiqi Chen
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Bone Miner Res 21:1785-90. 2006Increases in lumbar spine BMD account for 30-41% of the vertebral fracture risk reduction with teriparatide treatment. The remaining fracture risk reduction is caused by improvements in non-BMD determinants of bone strength.
- Teriparatide versus alendronate for treating glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis: an analysis by gender and menopausal statusB L Langdahl
Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus Sygehus, Tage Hansens Gade 2, 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
Osteoporos Int 20:2095-104. 2009The effects of teriparatide versus alendronate were compared by gender and menopausal status in patients with glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis...
- Sustained nonvertebral fragility fracture risk reduction after discontinuation of teriparatide treatmentRichard Prince
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes and University of Western Australia, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, Australia
J Bone Miner Res 20:1507-13. 2005A follow-up in 1262 women was conducted after the discontinuation of teriparatide. The hazard ratio for combined teriparatide group (20 and 40 microg) for the 50-month period after baseline was 0.57 (p = 0...
- Correlations between biochemical markers of bone turnover and bone density responses in patients with glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis treated with teriparatide or alendronateAlan L Burshell
Ochsner Clinic Foundation, Endocrinology Department, 9S Lobby Tower, 1514 Jefferson Highway, New Orleans, LA 70121, USA
Bone 46:935-9. 2010..bone mineral density (BMD) at 18 months in patients with glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis (GIO) treated with teriparatide (n=80; 20 mug/day) or alendronate (n=77; 10 mg/day)...
- Characterization of patients in the European Forsteo Observational Study (EFOS): postmenopausal women entering teriparatide treatment in a community settingGerald Rajzbaum
Hopital St Joseph, Paris, France
Curr Med Res Opin 24:377-84. 2008..fracture incidence, degree of pain, health-related quality of life (HRQoL) and compliance in women prescribed teriparatide in a community setting...
- Teriparatide: a review of its use in osteoporosisStephanie K A Blick
Wolters Kluwer Health, Adis, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 68:2709-37. 2008Recombinant teriparatide (Forteo; Forsteo) is an anabolic (bone forming) agent...
- Relationship between duration of teriparatide therapy and clinical outcomes in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisR Lindsay
Helen Hayes Hospital, West Havershaw, NY, USA
Osteoporos Int 20:943-8. 2009The extent to which fracture protection and safety varies with increasing time on teriparatide [rhPTH(1-34)] therapy is a clinically relevant unanswered question...
- Reduction in the risk of developing back pain persists at least 30 months after discontinuation of teriparatide treatment: a meta-analysisM C Nevitt
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Osteoporos Int 17:1630-7. 2006b>Teriparatide [rhPTH (1-34)] reduces fracture risk, and in a published meta-analysis of clinical trials, teriparatide-treated patients had reduced incidence of back pain relative to placebo or to antiresorptive drugs...
- Persistence with teriparatide in patients with osteoporosis: the UK experienceN K Arden
MRC Epidemiology Resource Centre, University of Southampton, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, SO16 6YD, UK
Osteoporos Int 17:1626-9. 2006The objective of this paper was to determine the persistence with teriparatide at 12 months in all patients in the UK who were prescribed the treatment since its launch.
- Teriparatide improves early callus formation in distal radial fracturesPer Aspenberg
Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
Acta Orthop 81:234-6. 2010b>Teriparatide (parathyreoid hormone; PTH 1-34) increases skeletal mass in humans and improves fracture healing in animals...
- Resolution of bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis of the mandible: possible application for intermittent low-dose parathyroid hormone [rhPTH(1-34)]Richard P Harper
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Waco, and Corsicana 75110, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:573-80. 2007
- Biomechanical effects of teriparatide in women with osteoporosis treated previously with alendronate and risedronate: results from quantitative computed tomography-based finite element analysis of the vertebral bodyYan Chevalier
Institute of Lightweight Design and Structural Biomechanics, Vienna, Austria
Bone 46:41-8. 2010Previous antiresorptive treatment may influence the anabolic response to teriparatide. The OPTAMISE (Open-label Study to Determine How Prior Therapy with Alendronate or Risedronate in Postmenopausal Women with Osteoporosis Influences the ..
- Histomorphometric changes by teriparatide in alendronate-pretreated women with osteoporosisJ J Stepan
Institute of Rheumatology, Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Na Slupi 4, CZ12850, Prague, Czech Republic
Osteoporos Int 21:2027-36. 2010The level of increased bone formation after 24 months of treatment with teriparatide (rhPTH (1-34), TPTD) is similar in patients who were either treatment-naïve (TN) or had lower bone turnover initially due to previous alendronate (ALN) ..
- Teriparatide or alendronate in glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosisKenneth G Saag
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham 35294 3408, USA
N Engl J Med 357:2028-39. 2007..Studies of anabolic therapy in patients who are receiving long-term glucocorticoids and are at high risk for fracture are lacking...
- Fracture rate and back pain during and after discontinuation of teriparatide: 36-month data from the European Forsteo Observational Study (EFOS)A Fahrleitner-Pammer
Medical University, Graz, Austria
Osteoporos Int 22:2709-19. 2011..in postmenopausal women with severe osteoporosis, the incidence of fractures was decreased during 18 months of teriparatide treatment with no evidence of further change in the subsequent 18-month post-teriparatide period when most ..
- Effects of teriparatide [recombinant human parathyroid hormone (1-34)] on cortical bone in postmenopausal women with osteoporosisJ R Zanchetta
Instituto de Investigaciones Metabolicas y Facultad de Medicina, Universidad del Salvador, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Bone Miner Res 18:539-43. 2003Treatment with teriparatide (rDNA origin) injection [teriparatide, recombinant human parathyroid hormone (1-34) [rhPTH(1-34)]] reduces the risk of vertebral and nonvertebral fragility fractures and increases cancellous bone mineral ..
- Teriparatide [PTH(1-34)] strengthens the proximal femur of ovariectomized nonhuman primates despite increasing porosityMasahiko Sato
Lilly Research Laboratories, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
J Bone Miner Res 19:623-9. 2004OVX monkeys treated for 18 months with 1 or 5 microg/kg/d teriparatide [PTH (1-34)] had significantly stronger proximal femora relative to ovariectomized controls...
- Teriparatide and osseous regeneration in the oral cavityJill D Bashutski
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
N Engl J Med 363:2396-405. 2010Intermittent administration of teriparatide, a drug composed of the first 34 amino acids of parathyroid hormone, has anabolic effects on bone...
- The effects of parathyroid hormone, alendronate, or both in men with osteoporosisJoel S Finkelstein
Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 349:1216-26. 2003..Because parathyroid hormone increases both bone formation and bone resorption, it is possible that combining parathyroid hormone with an antiresorptive agent will enhance its effect on bone mineral density...
- Baseline glucocorticoid dose and bone mineral density response with teriparatide or alendronate therapy in patients with glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosisJean Pierre Devogelaer
Universite Catholique de Louvain, B 1200, Brussels, Belgium
J Rheumatol 37:141-8. 2010..studied the effect of baseline glucocorticoid dose on the 18-month bone mineral density (BMD) response to teriparatide 20 microg/day or alendronate 10 mg/day in 387 patients with glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis (GIO) from a ..
- Teriparatide and raloxifene reduce the risk of new adjacent vertebral fractures in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. Results from two randomized controlled trialsMary L Bouxsein
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:1329-38. 2009..preexisting) vertebral fractures on the risk of new adjacent vertebral fractures and to determine whether teriparatide (rhPTH [recombinant human parathyroid hormone] [1-34]) or raloxifene treatment reduces the incidence of ..
- A novel tetracycline labeling schedule for longitudinal evaluation of the short-term effects of anabolic therapy with a single iliac crest bone biopsy: early actions of teriparatideRobert Lindsay
Clinical Research Center, New York State Department of Health, Helen Hayes Hospital, West Haverstraw, New York 10993, USA
J Bone Miner Res 21:366-73. 2006..We show that 1 month of hPTH(1-34) treatment extends the bone-forming surface, increases mineral apposition rate, and initiates modeling-based formation...
- Impact of long-term cinacalcet, ibandronate or teriparatide therapy on bone mineral density of hemodialysis patients: a pilot studyEfstathios Mitsopoulos
Department of Nephrology, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Am J Nephrol 36:238-44. 2012..Insufficient evidenced-based information is available for the treatment of osteoporosis in hemodialysis (HD) patients...
- Osteosarcoma in Sprague-Dawley rats after long-term treatment with teriparatide (human parathyroid hormone (1-34))Atsushi Watanabe
Pharmaceuticals Research Center, Asahi Kasei Pharma Corporation, Shizuoka, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 37:617-29. 2012b>Teriparatide, a therapeutic agent for osteoporosis, has been reported to increase the incidences of bone neoplasms such as osteosarcoma when administered subcutaneously to Fischer 344 (F344) rats for a long term, but its non-carcinogenic ..
- Teriparatide increases the maturation of circulating osteoblast precursorsP D'Amelio
Department of Surgical and Medical Disciplines Gerontology Section, University of Torino Italy, Corso Bramante 88 90, 10126 Torino, Italy
Osteoporos Int 23:1245-53. 2012This study shows that teriparatide promotes the circulating osteoblast (OB) precursor degree of maturation in patients affected by postmenopausal osteoporosis.
- Teriparatide and fracture healing in cortical boneThomas P Knecht
Endocr Pract 10:293. 2004
- Teriparatide increases bone mineral density in a man with osteoporosis pseudogliomaHenrique Pierotti Arantes
Bone and Mineral Unit, Division of Endocrinology, Sao Paulo Federal University, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Bone Miner Res 26:2823-6. 2011..The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of teriparatide in a young man with OPPG...
- Comparative effects of teriparatide and risedronate in glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis in men: 18-month results of the EuroGIOPs trialClaus C Glüer
Sektion Biomedizinische Bildgebung, Klinik für Diagnostische Radiologie, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
J Bone Miner Res 28:1355-68. 2013..5 standard deviations. Subjects received 20 μg/d teriparatide (n = 45) or 35 mg/week risedronate (n = 47) for 18 months...
- Teriparatide for idiopathic osteoporosis in premenopausal women: a pilot studyAdi Cohen
Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:1971-81. 2013..Premenopausal women with idiopathic osteoporosis (IOP) have abnormal cortical and trabecular bone microarchitecture...
- [Monitoring bone turnover markers during treatment with the anabolic agent teriparatide; in particular, treatment using daily and weekly subucutaneous injections]Akimitsu Miyauchi
Miyauchi medical center, Japan
Clin Calcium 22:387-98. 2012b>Teriparatide (recombinant human PTH1-34 daily subcutaneous injection) has been approved for osteoporosis at high risk of fracture in many countries including Japan...
- The effect of teriparatide compared with risedronate on reduction of back pain in postmenopausal women with osteoporotic vertebral fracturesP Hadji
Department of Endocrinology, Osteoporosis, and Reproductive Medicine, Philipps University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Osteoporos Int 23:2141-50. 2012The effect of teriparatide and risedronate on back pain was tested, and there was no difference in the proportion of patients experiencing a reduction in back pain between groups after 6 or 18 months...
- Atypical femoral fractures during prolonged use of bisphosphonates: short-term responses to strontium ranelate and teriparatideN N C Carvalho
Division of Endocrinology, Agamenon Magalhães Hospital, University of Pernambuco Medical School, 52061 540 Recife, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:2675-80. 2011..Data are derived mainly from observation studies because a post hoc analysis from a randomized clinical trial did not find any such association...
- Effectiveness of Teriparatide in women over 75 years of age with severe osteoporosis: 36-month results from the European Forsteo Observational Study (EFOS)J Bernard Walsh
St James s Hospital and Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Calcif Tissue Int 90:373-83. 2012..describe clinical fracture incidence, back pain, and health-related quality of life (HRQoL) during 18 months of teriparatide treatment and 18 months post-teriparatide in the subgroup of 589 postmenopausal women with osteoporosis aged ≥..
- Teriparatide is safe and effectively increases bone biomarkers in institutionalized individuals with osteoporosisKathryn M Ryder
Department of Medicine, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, USA
J Bone Miner Metab 28:233-9. 2010..and safety study, men and women with severe developmental disabilities and osteoporosis received 20 mcg teriparatide subcutaneously daily for 18-24 months...
- Changes in vitamin D metabolites during teriparatide treatmentFelicia Cosman
Clinical Research Center, Helen Hayes Hospital, West Haverstraw, NY 10993, USA
Bone 50:1368-71. 2012..of vitamin D metabolites 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D [1,25(OH)(2)D] and 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] during teriparatide 20 μg/day (teriparatide) therapy in the double-blind Fracture Prevention Trial of postmenopausal women with ..
- Association of teriparatide adherence and persistence with clinical and economic outcomes in Medicare Part D recipients: a retrospective cohort studyLeslie Hazel-Fernandez
Competitive Health Analytics Inc, Humana Inc, 3501 SW 160 Ave, Miramar, FL 33029, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 14:4. 2013..The objective of this study was to evaluate the healthcare utilization patterns of Medicare Part D beneficiaries newly initiating teriparatide, and to assess the association of medication adherence and persistence with bone fracture.
- Effects of teriparatide treatment and discontinuation in postmenopausal women and eugonadal men with osteoporosisBenjamin Z Leder
Endocrine Unit, THR 1047, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:2915-21. 2009In postmenopausal women, bone mineral density (BMD) declines after teriparatide therapy is stopped. The pattern of BMD loss after teriparatide therapy is stopped in men is less clear.
- Teriparatide improves bone quality and healing of atypical femoral fractures associated with bisphosphonate therapyCherie Ying Chiang
Department of Endocrinology, Austin Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Bone 52:360-5. 2013..The aim of this study was to determine whether teriparatide therapy assists in fracture healing and improves bone quality in patients with bisphosphonate associated ..
- Changes of the quality-of-life under the treatment of severe senile osteoporosis with teriparatideDomenico Maugeri
Department of Aging, Urological and Neurological Sciences, University of Catania, Cannizzaro Hospital, Via Messina 829, I 95126 Catania, Italy
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 49:35-8. 2009..During the last almost 3 years a new drug has become available in Italy, called teriparatide (rh-PTH-1-34), produced in Escherichia coli using the recombinant-DNA technique...
- Adherence and persistence in patients with severe osteoporosis treated with teriparatideV Ziller
Department of Endocrinology, Reproductive Medicine and Osteoporosis, Philipps University of Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Curr Med Res Opin 26:675-81. 2010..weekly alendronate were still on treatment after 12 months. Data on adherence to teriparatide (TPTD) treatment of severe postmenopausal osteoporosis are available from only few countries...
- Short-term bone marker responses to teriparatide and strontium ranelate in patients with osteoporosis previously treated with bisphosphonatesIsabel Oliveira de Sousa
Hospital Agamenon Magalhães, Universidade de Pernambuco, Recife, PE, Brasil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 54:244-9. 2010To evaluate the responses of serum beta-CTX and osteocalcin in patients who were undergoing treatment with teriparatide or strontium ranelate (SR).
- [Effects of parathyroid hormone (teriparatide) on bone quality in osteoporosis]Mitsuru Saito
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Calcium 22:343-55. 2012..Daily or once-weekly self-administered subcutaneous injection of human PTH (1-34) (teriparatide) increased bone mineral density (BMD) compared to a placebo in post-menopausal osteoporotic patients...
- The US postmarketing surveillance study of adult osteosarcoma and teriparatide: study design and findings from the first 7 yearsElizabeth B Andrews
RTI Health Solutions, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Bone Miner Res 27:2429-37. 2012..commitment to the United States (US) Food and Drug Administration to evaluate a potential association between teriparatide, rhPTH(1-34), a recombinant human parathyroid hormone analog (self-injectable medication to treat osteoporosis),..
- Persistence with biologic therapies in the Medicare coverage gapLeonardo Tamariz
MedMining, a Geisinger Health System Business, Danville, PA 17822 4012, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:753-9. 2011To describe persistence with teriparatide and other biologic therapies in Medicare Part D plans with and without a coverage gap.
- The waning of teriparatide effect on bone formation markers in postmenopausal osteoporosis is associated with increasing serum levels of DKK1Davide Gatti
University of Verona, Rheumatology Unit, Valeggio Hospital, Via Ospedale, Valeggio 37067, Verona, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1555-9. 2011The effect of teriparatide (TPD) on bone turnover is initially exuberant but then diminishes...
- Osteoporosis, teriparatide, and dosing of calcium and vitamin DAngelo A Licata
N Engl J Med 352:1930-1. 2005
- A MECHANISTIC STUDY OF SKELETAL ACTIONS OF 1-34hPTHRobert Lindsay; Fiscal Year: 2009The introduction of 1-34rhPTH (teriparatide) as a treatment for osteoporosis has been a major advance. Currently, the use of 1-34rhPTH is limited to 2 years of daily subcutaneous injections...
- IGF-1, bone turnover and response to teriparatide in premenopausal women with IOPAdi Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Moreover, women with IOP, low bone formation and high serum IGF-1 levels did not respond to teriparatide (TPTD), an osteo-anabolic medication that increases bone mineral density (BMD) by stimulating bone formation ..
- Synthesis of bone-selective osteogenic oxysterolsFrank Stappenbeck; Fiscal Year: 2013..Presently, there is only one FDA approved bone anabolic agent, Forteo (teriparatide) that confers significant clinical benefits in osteoporosis, but its use is severely restricted due to safety ..
- Early effects of PTH on the proximal femurFelicia Cosman; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Teriparatide (TPTD), the aminoterminal fragment of parathyroid hormone, increases BMD and bone strength and reduces fracture ..
- Genetics of Osteoblast DifferentiationMatthew Aaron Hibbs; Fiscal Year: 2012..Currently, only a single osteoblast promoting drug is approved by the FDA (teriparatide), but this compound carries significant risks and is thus indicated for use for no more than two years...
- Structure of sclerostin protein complexesRajiv Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2012..The only anabolic agent available now is teriparatide that must be administered parenterally. Sclerostin is an osteocyte derived protein that inhibits bone formation...
- OSTEOGENIC REGULATION OF VASCULAR CALCIFICATIONDwight A Towler; Fiscal Year: 2012..Previously, we examined the impact of inflammation, teriparatide (suppresses vascular Msx2), and osteopontin (OPN) on aortic structure, calcification, and compliance...
- The interaction of anabolic and antiresorptive agents in osteoporosis therapyJoy Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2013..In contrast to disappointing results from combining bisphosphonates with teriparatide (hPTH1-34 or TPTD), the combination of denosumab (DMAB), a monoclonal antibody that binds to receptor activator ..
- Novel Mechanism of PTH Effects on Bone MetabolismBin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Over 300,000 hip fractures are caused by osteoporosis annually. Recombinant parathyroid hormone (PTH) 1-34 (teriparatide) is currently the only FDA-approved anabolic agent for treatment of osteoporosis in the United States...
- Sclerostin and Gsalpha signaling in osteoblastsJOY Y WU; Fiscal Year: 2012..With the recent approval of recombinant human parathyroid hormone (teriparatide, PTH[1-34]), an anabolic agent with potent stimulatory effects on bone formation is now available...
- The role of class II histone deacetylases in PTH signaling in osteocytesMARC NATHAN WEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, a daily recombinant form of PTH (1-34, teriparatide) is the only FDA-approved anabolic osteoporosis treatment...
- The Role of PTH in the Low Bone Mass of Anorexia NervosaPOUNEH KHADEJEH FAZELI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore an agent which stimulates bone formation would be an important potential treatment. Currently teriparatide (PTH) is the only anabolic agent approved by the FDA for the treatment of osteoporosis...
- Black Bear Parathyroid Hormone as an Anabolic Agent for BoneSETH WARNER DONAHUE; Fiscal Year: 2011..osteoporosis treatments since only one anabolic therapy (truncated recombinant human parathyroid hormone 1-34, teriparatide/Forteo(R)) is commercially available...
- PTH Effects of Craniofacial AllograftsEdward M Schwarz; Fiscal Year: 2013..in treating several patients with facture non-unions non- surgically with recombinant parathyroid hormone (PTH, teriparatide), in whom it appears that fibrous tissue was induced to form a boney union...
- Treatment of Hypoparathyroidism with Parathyroid HormoneJohn P Bilezikian; Fiscal Year: 2012..b>Teriparatide [recombinant hPTH(1-34)] is another potential therapy but it is less attractive since it is an amino-terminal ..
- Translating molecular signal pathways to orthopaedic trauma careREGIS J O'KEEFE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Project 1, "Teriparatide as a Therapy for Osteoarthritis Following Meniscal Injury" uses in vivo and in vitro preclinical models and ..
- Cyclic Versus Daily Teriparatide on Bone Mass, Microstructure and StrengthRobert Lindsay; Fiscal Year: 2013..ongoing study and takes advantage of this unique population of TPTD-treated patients to compare the effects of teriparatide given cyclically (8 three month cycles) over 4 years with teriparatide given daily for 2 years on BMD of the ..
- Phase 2 Teriparatide for Tx of Idiopathic Osteoporosis in Premenopausal WomenELIZABETH J SHANE; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal seeks for a Phase 2 clinical trial to investigate the efficacy and safety of teriparatide, human recombinant PTH, for IOP in premenopausal women...
- Effect of Teriparatide [hPTH(1-34)] on Vascular & Valvular Calcification in HumanRobert Rifkin; Fiscal Year: 2008..b>Teriparatide [rhPTH (1-34)], an agonist of this receptor, is the most potent agent in clinical use for increasing bone ..
- Targeting Bone Remodeling For the Treatment of OsteoporosisJohn Bilezikian; Fiscal Year: 2008..The purpose of this meeting is to bring together experts from these interdisciplinary fields so as to define the direction of the future. ..
- EFFECTS OF ANDROGENS, ESTROGENS, AND PTH ON BONEJoel Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..Without continued K24 support, I will need to increase my clinical activities, reduce my research time, and forego training of new clinical investigators. ..
- X-Treme CT Equipment GrantJoel Finkelstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose to use XtremeCT in a wide range of studies of bone disease that span a multitude of disciplines and serve a wide range of investigators in Boston and throughout New England. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 6th International Symposium on OsteoporosisRobert Lindsay; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Bone-Sparing by Ca Salts With & Without Extra PhosphorusRobert Heaney; Fiscal Year: 2008..support of anabolic therapy of osteoporosis, we propose a 1-year randomized trial, comparing, in two groups of teriparatide-treated postmenopausal osteoporotic women, calcium supplements with and without extra phosphorus (i.e...
- BONY EFFECTS OF TRANSIENT NONSKELETAL ILLNESSRobert Heaney; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- BISPHOSPHONATE BONE QUALITY IN WOMEN WITH BREAST CANCERSusan Ott; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results of the study will provide valuable information about skeletal effects of high-dose bisphosphonates in humans. ..
- Sun Valley Workshop on Skeletal BiologyDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MULTIAXIAL STRENGTH BEHAVIOR OF HUMAN TRABECULAR BONETony M Keaveny; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project should provide substantial insight into the roles of trabecular bone strength and bone quality on osteoporotic fracture risk and treatment and other orthopedic applications. ..
- Somatomedin: Autologous Regulator of Bone FormationErnesto Canalis; Fiscal Year: 2008..These investigations should clarify the role of CHOP in bone cell differentiation and function. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- G-PROTEIN COUPLED RECEPTOR KINASES IN OSTEOGENESISRobert Spurney; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding the biochemical mechanisms that regulate hone formation could lead to the development of novel strategies for treating a wide variety of bone disorders that cause osteoporosis. ..
- Eliciting Patient Treatment Preferences for OsteoporosisLiana Fraenkel; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Analysis of Bone Structure and StrengthCharles Turner; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- IN VIVO REGULATION OF IL6 AND IL6R GENE EXPRESSIONCHARLES O BRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..Finally, cis-acting regulatory elements in the IL-6 promoter that are the targets for estrogen and PTH actions in vivo will be identified. ..
- The Role of Osteocyte Survival in Bone StrengthRobert Weinstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed research plan will reveal the role of osteocyte survival in bone strength and how osteocytes achieve this objective. ..
- TWO X-LINKED GENES THAT REGULATE MINERAL HOMEOSTASISMichael Whyte; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwKathryn Ryder; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will be a double-blinded placebo-controlled trial of Mg (500 mg/day) in 92 healthy men and women between the ages of 55-75. ..
- THE PHOTOBIOLOGY OF VITAMIN DMichael Holick; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results from this study should provide important new insights into the photoproduction of toxisterols and suprasterols in human skin and provide new information about their potential biologic functions in the skin. ..
- Flavocoxid: A Medical Food Therapy for OsteoarthritisSarah Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2004..This innovative compound has commercial potential with its expected efficacy comparable to or exceeding the currently marketed COX inhibitors but with fewer side effects and at a significantly lower cost. ..
- Assessement of Trabecular Bone Strength & DamageTONY KEAVENY; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Physiological regulation of FGF-23 by dietary phosphateSHERRI ANN BURNETT; Fiscal Year: 2004..We anticipate that male and female participants will show different physiology. Finally, we anticipate that there will be a diurnal variation in FGF-23 that mirrors the diurnal variation in phosphate. ..
- Microcomputed Tomography Device (Scanco UCT40)Mary Bouxsein; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- BASIC FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR EXPRESSION IN BONE CELLSMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANOTRANSDUCTION IN BONEDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2003..Data generated by this Program are intended to define some mechanisms by which fluid forces can regulate gene expression, and will attempt to validate these mechanisms by in vivo studies. ..
- NIH OSTEOPOROSIS & RELATED BONE DISEASES RESOURCE CENTERBess Dawson Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2002..Specific efforts include supporting the National Osteoporosis Data Group, collecting and disseminating definitive statistics on bone diseases and on conditions co-morbid with osteoporosis, and preparing summary reports. ..
- Sun Valley Workshop on Skeletal BiologyDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2005..An Advisory Panel is formed of session chairs. There are plans to advertise and distribute a summary of the workshop, partly using Web-based resources. ..
- MUSCULOSKELETAL TRAINING GRANTDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2006..Two presentations were nominated for Young Investigator Awards by the ASBMR and the ORS. ..
- PTH (7-34) for Chemotherapy alopecia in Breast CancerMichael Holick; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF PTH ACTIVITY IN BONE BY BETA-ARRESTINMary Bouxsein; Fiscal Year: 2008..Information gained from the proposed studies will be instrumental for developing new PTH1R ligands with improved signaling and biologic activity profiles for treatment of osteoporosis and other metabolic bone disorders. ..
- Regulation of Podocyte Function By Angiotensin IIRobert Spurney; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Sun Valley Workshop on Skeletal BiologyDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2007..There are plans to advertise and distribute a summary of the workshop, partly using Web-based resources. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF PTH-INDUCED BONE ANABOLISM BY INFLAMMATORY LIPIDSYin Tintut; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies will determine how high cholesterol reduces efficacy of parathyroid hormone so that corrective strategies can be developed. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biomechanics of Spine FractureTONY KEAVENY; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Sun Valley Workshop on Skeletal BiologyDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2006..There are plans to advertise and distribute a summary of the workshop, partly using Web-based resources. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cytoskeletal Modulation of Bone Cell MechanosensitivityALEXANDER ROBLING; Fiscal Year: 2006..Insights into the mechanisms of mechanosensory loss and recovery hold potential in the public health arena for optimizing the positive effects of loading on bone mass, fragility, and fracture risk. ..
- Family Studies of Idiopathic Osteoporosis in MenEtah Kurland; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- The University of Connecticut BRIDGES NetworkMarja Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2006..An evaluation format has been designed to monitor the success of the program. Computerized records of student status and progress will be logged into NIH ESTAR and used for tracking outcomes. ..
- Aromatase inhibition in elderly hypogonadal menBenjamin Leder; Fiscal Year: 2009..With these assessments, we will better define the relative roles of estrogens and androgens in the physiology of aging and explore the mechanisms underlying gonadal steroid action in older men. ..
- STRUCTURAL CONSEQUENCES OF POST-YIELD BEHAVIOR OF BONETONY KEAVENY; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is suggested that results should lead, therefore, to improved understanding of vertebral fracture etiology, and may motivate development of new drug treatments. ..
- EFFECT OF POTASSIUM BICARBONATE ON BONE AND MUSCLEBess Dawson Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Sun Valley Workshop on Skeletal BiologyDavid Burr; Fiscal Year: 2004..An Advisory Panel is formed of session chairs. There are plans to advertise and distribute a summary of the workshop, partly using Web-based resources. ..
- Tooth Eruption: Role of Dental Follicle & PTH ReceptorLaurie McCauley; Fiscal Year: 2006..Furthermore, these studies will enhance our basic knowledge as to the role of PTHrP and PTH-1R interactions in controlling mineralized tissue homeostasis. ..
- DIFFERENTIAL EFFECTS OF GONADAL STEROIDS ON BONEBenjamin Leder; Fiscal Year: 2005..These combined research and didactic endeavors will prepare the candidate to achieve his long-term goal to develop an independent research program focusing on the role of gonadal steroids in bone metabolism. ..