Genomes and Genes
Summary: Peptides that regulate the WATER-ELECTROLYTE BALANCE in the body, also known as natriuretic peptide hormones. Several have been sequenced (ATRIAL NATRIURETIC FACTOR; BRAIN NATRIURETIC PEPTIDE; C-TYPE NATRIURETIC PEPTIDE).
Publications277 found, 100 shown here
- Left ventricular assist device support reverses altered cardiac expression and function of natriuretic peptides and receptors in end-stage heart failureMichaela Kuhn
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Domagkstrasse 12, D 48129 Munster, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 64:308-14. 2004....
- Natriuretic peptides and therapeutic applicationsCandace Y W Lee
Cardiorenal Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55906, USA
Heart Fail Rev 12:131-42. 2007..been tremendous progress in our understanding of the physiologic, diagnostic and therapeutic roles of the natriuretic peptides (NPs) in health and disease...
- Cardiac natriuretic peptides act via p38 MAPK to induce the brown fat thermogenic program in mouse and human adipocytesMarica Bordicchia
Metabolic Signaling and Disease Program, Diabetes and Obesity Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, Orlando, Florida 32827, USA
J Clin Invest 122:1022-36. 2012..As cardiac natriuretic peptides (NPs) and β-AR agonists are similarly potent at stimulating lipolysis in human adipocytes, we investigated ..
- Natriuretic peptides, their receptors, and cyclic guanosine monophosphate-dependent signaling functionsLincoln R Potter
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics, 6 155 Jackson Hall, 321 Church Street SE, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Endocr Rev 27:47-72. 2006b>Natriuretic peptides are a family of structurally related but genetically distinct hormones/paracrine factors that regulate blood volume, blood pressure, ventricular hypertrophy, pulmonary hypertension, fat metabolism, and long bone ..
- Relation of visceral adiposity to circulating natriuretic peptides in ambulatory individualsSusan Cheng
Framingham Heart Study, Massachusetts, USA
Am J Cardiol 108:979-84. 2011b>Natriuretic peptides have important roles in the regulation of vasomotor tone, salt homeostasis, and ventricular remodeling...
- Cardiac natriuretic peptides, obesity, and insulin resistance: evidence from two community-based studiesAbigail May Khan
Cardiology Division, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:3242-9. 2011The natriuretic peptides play an important role in salt homeostasis and blood pressure regulation...
- Association of common variants in NPPA and NPPB with circulating natriuretic peptides and blood pressureChristopher Newton-Cheh
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nat Genet 41:348-53. 2009We examined the association of common variants at the NPPA-NPPB locus with circulating concentrations of the natriuretic peptides, which have blood pressure-lowering properties...
- Natriuretic peptides: physiologic and analytic considerationsTorbjørn Omland
Akershus University Hospital, Lørenskog, Norway
Heart Fail Clin 5:471-87. 2009b>Natriuretic peptides play a central role in cardiovascular, endocrine, and renal homeostasis and can be considered physiologic antagonists to the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system...
- Brain and other natriuretic peptides: molecular aspectsMarc Vanderheyden
Cardiovascular Center, Onze Lieve Vrouwziekenhuis, Moorselbaan 164, 9400 Aalst, Belgium
Eur J Heart Fail 6:261-8. 2004b>Natriuretic peptides have emerged as important candidates for development of diagnostic tools and therapeutic agents in cardiovascular disease...
- Natriuretic peptides and heart failure in the patient with chronic kidney disease: a review of current evidenceS Dhar
Department of Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Postgrad Med J 85:299-302. 2009b>Natriuretic peptides such as brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal pro-BNP (NT-proBNP) are commonly used in the diagnosis and evaluation of heart failure...
- Asymmetrical myocardial expression of natriuretic peptides in pacing-induced heart failureSilvia Del Ry
CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology and G Monasterio Foundation CNR Regione Toscana, Via Giuseppe Moruzzi 1, Pisa, Italy
Peptides 30:1710-3. 2009..Higher BNP mRNA expression in the PS is consistent with a reduction in contractile function in this region, while higher CNP mRNA expression in the OS suggests the presence of concomitant endothelial dysfunction in the remote region...
- A uroguanylin-GUCY2C endocrine axis regulates feeding in miceMichael A Valentino
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Invest 121:3578-88. 2011..Moreover, the uroguanylin-GUCY2C endocrine axis may provide a therapeutic target to control appetite, obesity, and metabolic syndrome...
- Control of lipolysis by natriuretic peptides and cyclic GMPMax Lafontan
Inserm Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U858, I2MR Institut de Médecine Moléculaire de Rangueil, BP 84225, Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Trends Endocrinol Metab 19:130-7. 2008..We have shown that atrial- and B-type natriuretic peptides (ANP and BNP respectively) stimulate lipolysis in human fat cells through a cGMP-dependent protein kinase (..
- Natriuretic peptides/cGMP/cGMP-dependent protein kinase cascades promote muscle mitochondrial biogenesis and prevent obesityKazutoshi Miyashita
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes 58:2880-92. 2009b>Natriuretic peptides (NPs) have been characterized as vascular hormones that regulate vascular tone via guanylyl cyclase (GC), cyclic GMP (cGMP), and cGMP-dependent protein kinase (cGK)...
- Vascular actions of natriuretic peptides. Cyclic GMP-dependent and -independent mechanismsAmrita Ahluwalia
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bart s and The Royal London, Charterhouse Square, EC1M 6BQ London, UK
Basic Res Cardiol 99:83-9. 2004b>Natriuretic peptides play important roles in the regulation of cardiovascular homeostasis...
- Renin-angiotensin system, natriuretic peptides, obesity, metabolic syndrome, and hypertension: an integrated view in humansRiccardo Sarzani
Department of Internal Medicine, Centre for Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Syndrome Hypertension Excellence Centre of the European Society of Hypertension, University of Ancona Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
J Hypertens 26:831-43. 2008..In obesity, lower plasmatic natriuretic peptides levels with increasing BMI, waist circumference, and metabolic syndrome have been documented...
- Biology of natriuretic peptides and their receptorsKailash N Pandey
Department of Physiology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center and School of Medicine, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Peptides 26:901-32. 2005Increasing evidence suggests that natriuretic peptides (NPs) play diverse roles in mammals, including renal hemodynamics, neuroendocrine, and cardiovascular functions...
- The role of natriuretic peptides in cardioprotectionToshio Nishikimi
Department of Hypertension and Cardiorenal Medicine, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Mibu, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Cardiovasc Res 69:318-28. 2006..Recent studies also suggest that the intracardiac natriuretic peptides/cGMP system plays a counter-regulatory role against the intracardiac renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system ..
- Cardiac natriuretic peptides: from basic discovery to clinical practiceSalim Hayek
Laboratory of Cardiac Growth and Differentiation, Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Cardiovasc Ther 29:362-76. 2011Discoveries of the cardiac natriuretic peptides ANP, BNP, and CNP along with studies of their function and regulation in health and disease, have led to breakthroughs in the understanding and clinical management of heart failure...
- Cardiac hormones as diagnostic tools in heart failureHeikki Ruskoaho
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Biocenter Oulu, FIN 90014 University of Oulu, Finland
Endocr Rev 24:341-56. 2003....
- Natriuretic peptides: markers or modulators of cardiac hypertrophy?David G Gardner
Department of Medicine and Diabetes Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0540, USA
Trends Endocrinol Metab 14:411-6. 2003The natriuretic peptides (NPs), through their diuretic, vasodilatory and anti-mitogenic properties, play an important role in the regulation of cardiovascular, renal and endocrine homeostasis...
- Meconium ileus caused by mutations in GUCY2C, encoding the CFTR-activating guanylate cyclase 2CHila Romi
The Morris Kahn Laboratory of Human Genetics, National Institute for Biotechnology in the Negev, Ben Gurion University, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Am J Hum Genet 90:893-9. 2012..Because GUCY2C heterozygous and homozygous mutant mice are resistant to E. coli STa enterotoxin-induced diarrhea, it is plausible that GUCY2C mutations in the desert-dwelling Bedouin kindred are of selective advantage...
- Natriuretic peptides and cGMP signaling control of energy homeostasisCedric Moro
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale UPS UMR 1048 I2MC Institute of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases, Toulouse, France
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 304:H358-68. 2013Since the discovery of natriuretic peptides (NPs) by de Bold et al...
- Influence of sex and hormone status on circulating natriuretic peptidesCarolyn S P Lam
Framingham Heart Study, Framingham, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 58:618-26. 2011..The aim of this study was to assess the relationship between sex hormones and natriuretic peptide levels in community-based adults...
- Effects of estrogen replacement therapy on natriuretic peptides and blood pressureAnna H Karjalainen
Department of Internal Medicine, Biocenter Oulu, University of Oulu, P O Box 20, 90029 OYS, Oulu, Finland
Maturitas 47:201-8. 2004Estrogen replacement therapy (ERT) has been reported to affect blood pressure. Since natriuretic peptides have natriuretic and vasodilatory activity and also inhibit the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system and lower blood pressure, it ..
- Biology of the natriuretic peptidesAbelardo Martinez-Rumayor
Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:3-8. 2008....
- Natriuretic peptides and cardiovascular damage in the metabolic syndrome: molecular mechanisms and clinical implicationsCarmine Savoia
Cardiology Unit, Second Faculty of Medicine, Sant Andrea Hospital, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Clin Sci (Lond) 118:231-40. 2010b>Natriuretic peptides are endogenous antagonists of vasoconstrictor and salt- and water-retaining systems in the body's defence against blood pressure elevation and plasma volume expansion, through direct vasodilator, diuretic and ..
- Natriuretic peptides in unstable coronary artery diseaseTomas Jernberg
Department of Medical Sciences, Cardiology and Uppsala Research Center, Sweden
Eur Heart J 25:1486-93. 2004..This review focuses on the emerging role of natriuretic peptides in the early assessment of patients with unstable CAD...
- Natriuretic peptides and right atrial fibrosis in patients with paroxysmal versus persistent atrial fibrillationHailong Cao
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 300 Guangzhou Rd, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province 210029, China
Peptides 31:1531-9. 2010b>Natriuretic peptides (NPs) are excellent diagnostic and prognostic markers of heart failure, but their roles in atrial fibrillation (AF), particularly of isolated cardiac valvular origin, are unclear...
- Natriuretic peptides in the diagnosis and management of acute heart failureAsim A Mohammed
Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Heart Fail Clin 5:489-500. 2009..This article reviews the understanding of utilizing natriuretic peptide testing to correctly diagnose and manage acute heart failure...
- Novel bifunctional natriuretic peptides as potential therapeuticsDeborah M Dickey
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 283:35003-9. 2008..However, none of the chimeric peptides bound NPR-C with significantly higher affinity than endogenous ligands. We suggest that bifunctional chimeric peptides represent a new generation of natriuretic peptide therapeutics...
- Natriuretic peptides in systemic sclerosis-related pulmonary arterial hypertensionTheodoros Dimitroulas
Department of Internal Medicine, AHEPA University Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Semin Arthritis Rheum 39:278-84. 2010..b>Natriuretic peptides (NP) are clinically useful markers of right ventricular dysfunction and pulmonary hypertension...
- Natriuretic peptides for the detection of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation in patients with cerebral ischemia--the Find-AF studyRolf Wachter
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e34351. 2012..We aimed to evaluate prospectively whether natriuretic peptide levels and kinetics identify patients with paroxysmal AF...
- Natriuretic peptide testing for the evaluation of critically ill patients with shock in the intensive care unit: a prospective cohort studyJames L Januzzi
Division of Cardiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Crit Care 10:R37. 2006..Amino-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-proBNP) is useful in evaluating heart failure, but its role in evaluating patients with shock in the intensive care unit (ICU) is not clear...
- Natriuretic peptides in the detection of preclinical diastolic or systolic dysfunctionClaus Luers
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, University of Goettingen, Germany
Clin Res Cardiol 99:217-26. 2010The diagnostic value of natriuretic peptides in asymptomatic patients at risk for diastolic or systolic HF is controversial...
- Natriuretic peptides: linking heart and adipose tissue in obesity and related conditions--a systematic reviewA M R Beleigoli
Department of Clinical Medicine, Medical School, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Obes Rev 10:617-26. 2009The objective of this study was to investigate the association between natriuretic peptides, obesity and related comorbidities...
- Natriuretic peptides in the diagnosis and management of chronic heart failureGuido Boerrigter
Cardiorenal Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Heart Fail Clin 5:501-14. 2009..Likewise, accounting for rs198389 (a common single nucleotide polymorphism that increases BNP levels) may help to further refine the use of components of the BNP system as biomarkers...
- Natriuretic peptides in vascular physiology and pathologyGeoffrey E Woodard
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, MSC 1876, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1876, USA
Int Rev Cell Mol Biol 268:59-93. 2008Four major natriuretic peptides have been isolated: atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP), brain natriuretic peptide (BNP), C-type natriuretic peptide (CNP), and Dendroaspis-type natriuretic peptide (DNP)...
- Natriuretic peptides: an update on bioactivity, potential therapeutic use, and implication in cardiovascular diseasesSperanza Rubattu
Department of Cardiology, II School of Medicine, University La Sapienza, Ospedale Sant Andrea, Rome, Italy
Am J Hypertens 21:733-41. 2008..This review deals with the major relevant findings related to the cardiovascular and metabolic effects of natriuretic peptides, to their potential therapeutic use, and to their role in mediating cardiovascular diseases.
- Downregulation of oxytocin and natriuretic peptides in diabetes: possible implications in cardiomyopathyJolanta Gutkowska
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Biochemistry, Research Centre, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal Hotel Dieu, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Physiol 587:4725-36. 2009..Recent studies showed a cardioprotective role of oxytocin (OT) to induce natriuretic peptides (NPs) and nitric oxide (NO) release...
- Cloning and characterisation of natriuretic peptides from the venom glands of Australian elapidsLiam St Pierre
The Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Biochimie 88:1923-31. 2006..Included in these toxin families are the recently described venom natriuretic peptides, which display similar structure and vasoactive functions to mammalian natriuretic peptides...
- Novel natriuretic peptides from the venom of the inland taipan (Oxyuranus microlepidotus): isolation, chemical and biological characterisationBryan G Fry
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 327:1011-5. 2005..Thus, these naturally occurring isoforms provide a new platform for further investigation of structure-function relationships of natriuretic peptides.
- Neurohormonal activation in ischemic stroke: effects of acute phase disturbances on long-term mortalityMäkikallio Anne
The Graduate School of Circumpolar Wellbeing, Health and Adaptation, Centre for Arctic Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Curr Neurovasc Res 4:170-5. 2007..The plasma levels of natriuretic peptides are known to be elevated after ischemic stroke, but the relations of these neurohormonal systems in the ..
- Natriuretic peptides and hemodynamics in preeclampsiaKati M Tihtonen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:328.e1-7. 2007The purpose of this study was to evaluate the relationship between natriuretic peptides (NT-proANP and NT-proBNP) and hemodynamic parameters in preeclampsia.
- Plant natriuretic peptides are apoplastic and paracrine stress response moleculesYu Hua Wang
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University 381 Royal Parade, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
Plant Cell Physiol 52:837-50. 2011....
- Natriuretic peptides enhance the production of adiponectin in human adipocytes and in patients with chronic heart failureOsamu Tsukamoto
Cardiovascular Division of Medicine, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:2070-7. 2009We investigated the functional relationship between natriuretic peptides and adiponectin by performing both experimental and clinical studies.
- Interpretation and use of natriuretic peptides in non-congestive heart failure settingsShih Hung Tsai
Department of Emergency Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Yonsei Med J 51:151-63. 2010b>Natriuretic peptides (NPs) have been found to be useful markers in differentiating acute dyspneic patients presenting to the emergency department (ED) and emerged as potent prognostic markers for patients with congestive heart failure (..
- Biosynthesis of cardiac natriuretic peptidesJens Peter Goetze
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, 9 Blegdamsvej, 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
Results Probl Cell Differ 50:97-120. 2010..An astonishing amount of clinical studies have established cardiac natriuretic peptides and their molecular precursors as useful markers of heart disease...
- Novel natriuretic peptides: new compounds and new approachesMark W Vogel
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street Southwest, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Curr Heart Fail Rep 8:22-7. 2011The natriuretic peptides (NPs) are a group of structurally similar yet genetically distinct peptides that have diverse actions in cardiovascular, renal, and endocrine homeostasis...
- Catecholamines, cardiac natriuretic peptides and chromogranin A: evolution and physiopathology of a 'whip-brake' system of the endocrine heartBruno Tota
Department of Cell Biology, University of Calabria, 87030, Arcavacata di Rende, Italy
J Exp Biol 213:3081-103. 2010..the search for the intrinsic endocrine heart properties, culminating in 1981 with the discovery of the natriuretic peptides (NP)...
- Natriuretic peptides and the genomics of left-ventricular hypertrophyDaniel L Dries
Penn Cardiovascular Institute and Cardiovascular Division, Heart Failure and Transplant Group, Heart Vascular Center, 3400 Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 4283, USA
Heart Fail Clin 6:55-64. 2010..It promises the opportunity to identify high-risk individuals for targeted intervention and may identify novel therapeutic targets for improved prevention and treatment strategies...
- Ventricular function and natriuretic peptides in sequentially combined models of hypertensionSusana Cavallero
Department of Pathophysiology, Institute of Pathophysiology and Clinical Biochemistry, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H1290-9. 2010..in vivo cardiac function, interstitial fibrosis, and synthesis and secretion of types A (ANP) and B (BNP) natriuretic peptides were monitored in hypertensive models compared with their corresponding sham (Sh2, Sh4)...
- Serum levels of natriuretic peptides in patients with Behcet's diseaseRamazan Yagci
Department of Ophthalmology, Fatih University, Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 27:1153-8. 2008..4 +/- 6.1 years; seven men and 19 women) matched for age and gender from a similar ethnic background. Serum natriuretic peptides levels were determined by enzyme immunoassay kit. Mean serum ANP concentrations in the active patients (4...
- Natriuretic peptides and filling pressure at rest and stressManish Bansal
University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Heart Fail Clin 4:71-86. 2008The natriuretic peptides are a family of compounds secreted from the atria and ventricles in response to a variety of stimuli, including increased wall stress, tachycardia, and myocardial ischemia...
- Role of natriuretic peptides in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with carcinoid heart diseaseJ M Zuetenhorst
Department of Gastroenterology, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 90:2073-9. 2004..We evaluated whether natriuretic peptides (ANP or NT-proBNP) are useful in early detection of CHD...
- Natriuretic peptides in hormonal regulation of hypoxia responsesOlli Arjamaa
Centre of Excellence in Evolutionary Genetics and Physiology, Department of Biology, University of Turku, FI 20014 Turku, Finland
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R257-64. 2009The possibility that natriuretic peptides' effects are important in hypoxia responses of vertebrates is reviewed. Both the transcription and release of natriuretic peptides are affected by oxygen tension...
- The natriuretic peptides as biomarkers for adults with congenital heart diseaseAmiram Nir
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, POB 12000, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Biomark Med 6:827-37. 2012..The natriuretic peptides are important markers for the presence, severity and prognosis of heart disease...
- Activation of guanylate cyclase C signaling pathway protects intestinal epithelial cells from acute radiation-induced apoptosisM P Garin-Laflam
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, and University of Cincinnati, MLC 2010, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 296:G740-9. 2009..These in vivo findings demonstrate increased radiosensitivity of IECs in UGN and GC-C KO mice and a role for cGMP as a primary downstream mediator of GC-C activation in the protection of these IECs from radiation-induced apoptosis...
- Coordinate upregulation of guanylin and uroguanylin expression by hypertonicity in HT29-18-N2 cellsKris A Steinbrecher
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Children s Hospital Medical Center and University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 283:C1729-37. 2002..We conclude that guanylin and uroguanylin are released in response to hypertonic stress and that regulation of these genes may be mediated by PKC isoforms...
- Clinical utility of natriuretic peptides in dialysis patientsAngela Yee Moon Wang
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Semin Dial 25:326-33. 2012..The natriuretic peptides, namely brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) or N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro-BNP), belong to ..
- Natriuretic peptides differentially attenuate thrombin-induced barrier dysfunction in pulmonary microvascular endothelial cellsJames R Klinger
Pulmonary Vascular Research Laboratory, Providence Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Brown Medical School, Research Services, Providence, RI 02908, USA
Exp Cell Res 312:401-10. 2006..In the current study, we assessed the effects of the three natriuretic peptides on thrombin-induced barrier dysfunction in rat lung microvascular endothelial cells (LMVEC)...
- Natriuretic peptides in ESRDSergei Joffy
Department of Internal Medicine and Division of Nephrology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22903, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:1-10. 2005b>Natriuretic peptides are involved in the regulation of volume homeostasis...
- Laboratory parameters of cardiac and kidney dysfunction in cardio-renal syndromesDinna N Cruz
Department of Nephrology, San Bortolo Hospital, Vicenza, Italy
Heart Fail Rev 16:545-51. 2011..b>Natriuretic peptides (NPs) have been validated as an important cardiac biomarker for risk stratification and prognostication in ..
- Icodextrin increases natriuretic peptides in diabetic patients undergoing CAPDRyotaro Bouchi
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension Department of Medicine Diabetes Center Tokyo Women s Medical University School of Medicine Tokyo, Japan
Perit Dial Int 26:604-7. 2006
- Molecular mechanisms underlying cardiac antihypertrophic and antifibrotic effects of natriuretic peptidesCamilla Calvieri
Cardiology, Department of Clinical and Molecular Medicine, School of Medicine and Psychology, University Sapienza of Rome, Ospedale S Andrea, Rome, Italy
J Mol Med (Berl) 90:5-13. 2012b>Natriuretic peptides (NPs) exert well-characterized protective effects on the cardiovascular system, such as vasorelaxation, natri- and diuresis, increase of endothelial permeability, and inhibition of renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system...
- Role of the natriuretic peptide system in lipogenesis/lipolysisP Dessi-Fulgheri
Clinica di Medicina Interna, Azienda Ospedaliera Umberto I, Via Conca, 60020 Ancona, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 13:244-9. 2003..This effect is mediated by the interaction of NP with its active receptors through guanylyl cyclase activation and cGMP production. This review will briefly focus on the new aspects of NP pathophysiology in man...
- Natriuretic peptides as markers of preclinical cardiac disease in obesityA M Grandi
University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Eur J Clin Invest 34:342-8. 2004Aim of the study was to evaluate the role of atrial (ANP) and brain natriuretic peptides (BNP) as markers of preclinical cardiac disease in obesity.
- Natriuretic peptides in the regulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axisAndrea Porzionato
Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Int Rev Cell Mol Biol 280:1-39. 2010Atrial (ANP), brain (BNP), and C-type (CNP) natriuretic peptides act by binding to three main subtypes of receptors, named NPR-A, -B, and -C. NPR-A and NPR-B are coupled with guanylate cyclase...
- Natriuretic peptides in therapy for decompensated heart failureNatig Gassanov
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 68:223-30. 2012..b>Natriuretic peptides provide a promising mechanism of action in the pathophysiologic background for CHF treatment based on their ..
- Natriuretic peptides in heart failure: where we are, where we are goingAlberto Palazzuoli
Department of Internal Medicine and Metabolic Diseases, S Maria alle Scotte Hospital, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 6:63-8. 2011..The discovery of natriuretic peptides (BNP) as diagnostic biomarkers has been one of the most critical advances for heart failure diagnosis...
- Natriuretic peptides: biochemical markers of anthracycline cardiac toxicity?D Urbanova
Institute of Pathophysiology, Comenius University Medical School, Bratislava, Slovakia
Oncol Res 17:51-8. 2008..The role of routinely used cardiomarkers is controversial and limited in this setting. Natriuretic peptides have shown promising results in assessment and monitoring of both acute and late clinical and subclinical ..
- Gene expression, processing, and secretion of natriuretic peptides: physiologic and diagnostic implicationsHugo Ramos
Hospital de Urgencias, National University of Cordoba, Cordoba, Argentina
Heart Fail Clin 2:255-68. 2006
- Biomarker guided therapy for heart failure: focus on natriuretic peptidesKirkwood F Adams
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, UNC Heart Failure Program, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
Heart Fail Rev 15:351-70. 2010..Emerging results suggest that guiding therapy based on serial changes in natriuretic peptides may be an effective strategy...
- An unsuspected property of natriuretic peptides: promotion of calcium-dependent catecholamine release via protein kinase G-mediated phosphodiesterase type 3 inhibitionNoel Yan Ki Chan
Dept of Pharmacology, Weill Cornell Medical College, 1300 York Ave, New York, NY 10065 4896, USA
Circulation 125:298-307. 2012Although natriuretic peptides are considered cardioprotective, clinical heart failure trials with recombinant brain natriuretic peptide (nesiritide) failed to prove it...
- Natriuretic peptides and their receptors in the central nervous systemLi Hui Cao
Institute of Neurobiology, Institutes of Brain Science and State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Prog Neurobiol 84:234-48. 2008b>Natriuretic peptides (NPs), including atrial, brain and C-type NPs, are a family of structurally related but genetically distinct peptides...
- Natriuretic peptides as predictors of non-sudden and sudden cardiac death after acute myocardial infarction in the beta-blocking eraJari M Tapanainen
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Oulu University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:757-63. 2004This prospective study tested whether the natriuretic peptides predict cardiac death among patients using beta-blocking therapy after an acute myocardial infarction (AMI).
- Natriuretic peptides stimulate the cardiac sodium pump via NPR-C-coupled NOS activationM William
Northern Cardiac Research Group, Kolling Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C1067-73. 2008b>Natriuretic peptides (NPs) and their receptors (NPRs) are expressed in the heart, but their effects on myocyte function are poorly understood...
- Genetic variation in the natriuretic peptide system and heart failureDavid E Lanfear
Henry Ford Heart and Vascular Institute, Section of Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplantation, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Boulevard, K14, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Heart Fail Rev 15:219-28. 2010..and BNP (nesiritide) and are approved HF therapies in Japan and the US, respectively and additional natriuretic peptides (e.g., CNP, urodilatin, and designer NPs) are under investigation for use in HF...
- The evolution of the natriuretic peptides - Current applications in human and animal medicineRoland R J van Kimmenade
Cardiology Division and Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Yawkey, Boston, MA 5984, USA
J Vet Cardiol 11:S9-21. 2009Although natriuretic peptides have played an important role in the fluid homeostasis of vertebrates for over several million years, their importance has only been noticed in the last few decades...
- Natriuretic peptides as markers of mild forms of left ventricular dysfunction: effects of assays on diagnostic performance of markersAngelika Hammerer-Lercher
Department of Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry, Division of Clinical Biochemistry, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Clin Chem 50:1174-83. 2004We compared the performance of different natriuretic peptides to diagnose mild forms of left ventricular dysfunction (LVD) and investigated the influence of measuring B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal proBNP (NT-proBNP) with ..
- Natriuretic peptides - physiology, pathophysiology and clinical use in heart failureJ Krupicka
Third Department of Internal Medicine, General University Hospital in Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 58:171-7. 2009The natriuretic peptides - atrial, brain and C-type - were discovered during the last twenty years. Their effects on cardiovascular, renal, cerebral and other tissues through guanylyl cyclase were uncovered...
- Natriuretic peptides as regulators of myocardial structure and function: pathophysiologic and therapeutic implicationsAlessandro Cataliotti
Cardiorenal Research Laboratory, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55904, USA
Heart Fail Clin 2:269-76. 2006
- Molecular cloning of natriuretic peptides from the heart of reptiles: loss of ANP in diapsid reptiles and birdsSofie Trajanovska
School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Deakin University, Geelong, Vic, Australia
Gen Comp Endocrinol 156:339-46. 2008..This data provides new avenues for research on NP function in reptiles...
- Natriuretic peptides in cardiovascular diseases of fetus, infants and childrenBibhuti B Das
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville, 571 S Floyd Street, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem 7:43-51. 2009The natriuretic peptides (NP) appear to be functional by midgestation, respond to volume stimuli, and regulate blood pressure and salt and water balance in the developing embryo...
- Lipid mobilization in subcutaneous adipose tissue during exercise in lean and obese humans. Roles of insulin and natriuretic peptidesKatrien Koppo
Department of Sports Medicine, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University of Prague, Ruska 87, Prague 10, Czech Republic
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 299:E258-65. 2010..The octreotide-induced enhancement of exercise lipolysis in lean subjects was associated with an increased exercise-induced plasma NP response. Adenosine may contribute to the inhibition of basal lipolysis in both subject groups...
- Natriuretic peptides and nitric oxide stimulate cGMP synthesis in different cellular compartmentsLeslie A Piggott
Program in Cell and Regulatory Biology, The University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences at Houston, 77225, USA
J Gen Physiol 128:3-14. 2006..These results suggest that cGMP signals are spatially segregated within cells, and that the functional compartmentalization of cGMP signals may underlie the unique actions of ANP and nitric oxide...
- Sepsis-associated myocardial dysfunction: diagnostic and prognostic impact of cardiac troponins and natriuretic peptidesMicha Maeder
Division of Cardiology, University Hospital, Petersgraben 4, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Chest 129:1349-66. 2006..Cardiac troponins and natriuretic peptides are biomarkers that were previously introduced for diagnosis and risk stratification in patients with acute ..
- Hypoxia inducible factor-1 improves the actions of nitric oxide and natriuretic peptides after simulated ischemia-reperfusionJason A Luciano
Heart and Brain Circulation Laboratory, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854 5635, USA
Cell Physiol Biochem 21:421-8. 2008..Increased HIF-1 alpha protects the functional effects of cyclic GMP thorough maintenance of cyclic GMP protein kinase activity after ischemic-reperfusion...
- Natriuretic peptides in patients with atrial fibrillationBeata Wożakowska-Kapłon
Department of Cardiology Regional District Hospital, Institute for Medical Education, University of Kielce, Poland
Cardiol J 15:525-9. 2008The aim of the study was to evaluate plasma natriuretic peptides (NPs): atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) concentrations in patients with paroxysmal, persistent and permanent atrial fibrillation (AF).
- Coronary flow reserve in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy: relation with left ventricular wall stress, natriuretic peptides, and endothelial dysfunctionFrank Lloyd Dini
Unità Malattie Cardiovascolari 2, Santa Chiara Hospital, Pisa, Italy
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 22:354-60. 2009....
- Natriuretic peptides and the dialysis patientMathavakkannan Suresh
Renal Unit, Lister Hospital, Stevenage, Herts, United Kingdom
Semin Dial 18:409-19. 2005..b>Natriuretic peptides have been extensively investigated as biochemical markers of the fluid state...
- Differential diagnosis of acute dyspnea: the value of B natriuretic peptides in the emergency departmentP Ray
Service d accueil des urgences, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
QJM 101:831-43. 2008..The purpose of this review is to indicate recent developments in biomarkers of heart failure and to evaluate their impact on clinical use in the emergency setting...
- Cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic renal impairment: role of natriuretic peptidesMarc Vanderheyden
Cardiovascular Center, Onze Lieve Vrouwe Ziekenhuis, Aalst, Belgium
Congest Heart Fail 14:38-42. 2008Although there is overwhelming evidence that natriuretic peptides might be helpful in the diagnosis and management of congestive heart failure patients, the relationship among brain natriuretic peptides (BNP), renal function, and the ..
- Xanthomonas axonopodis pv. citri uses a plant natriuretic peptide-like protein to modify host homeostasisNatalia Gottig
Molecular Biology Division, Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular de Rosario, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Rosario, Argentina
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18631-6. 2008Plant natriuretic peptides (PNPs) are a class of extracellular, systemically mobile molecules that elicit a number of plant responses important in homeostasis and growth. The bacterial citrus pathogen, Xanthomonas axonopodis pv...
- Natriuretic peptides in common valvular heart diseaseChristopher D Steadman
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University Hospitals of Leicester, Leicester, UK
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:2034-48. 2010..In this state-of-the-art review, we examine the current evidence relating to natriuretic peptides as potential biomarkers in aortic stenosis and mitral regurgitation...
- Receptor autoradiography as mean to explore the possible functional relevance of neuropeptides: focus on new agonists and antagonists to study natriuretic peptides, neuropeptide Y and calcitonin gene-related peptidesYvan Dumont
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, 6875 Boul LaSalle, Montreal, Que, Canada H4H 1R3
Peptides 25:365-91. 2004..We review here tools that are currently available in order to target each NP, NPY and CT/CGRP receptor subtype and establish their respective pathophysiological relevance...
- The natriuretic peptides and their role in disorders of right heart dysfunction and pulmonary hypertensionLok B Yap
Department of Cardiology, Homerton University Hospital NHS Trust, London, E9 6SR, UK
Clin Biochem 37:847-56. 2004..The general physiological and potential therapeutic roles of natriuretic peptides in respiratory disease, right ventricular (RV) dysfunction, and pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) are ..
- The effect of altering haemodynamics on the plasma concentrations of natriuretic peptides in heart failureA I Larsen
University of Bergen, Cardiology Division, Stavanger University Hospital, N 4001 Stavanger, Norway
Eur J Heart Fail 8:628-33. 2006....
- In vitro expression of natriuretic peptides in cardiomyocytes differentiated from monkey embryonic stem cellsEssam Mohamed Abdelalim
Research Center for Animal Life Science, Shiga University of Medical Science, Tsukinowa cho, Seta, Otsu, Shiga 520 2192, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:689-95. 2006..One of the crucial functions of cardiomyocytes is a production of atrial and brain natriuretic peptides (ANP and BNP, respectively), which have important endocrine, autocrine, and paracrine functions...
- The influence of percutaneous closure of patent ductus arteriosus on left ventricular size and function: a prospective study using two- and three-dimensional echocardiography and measurements of serum natriuretic peptidesAnneli Eerola
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1060-6. 2006..We aimed to evaluate the effect of percutaneous closure of patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) on left ventricular (LV) hemodynamics...
- In vitro effects of homologous natriuretic peptides on growth hormone and prolactin release in the tilapia, Oreochromis mossambicusBradley K Fox
Hawaii Institute of Marine Biology, University of Hawaii, P O Box 1346, Kaneohe, HI 96744, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 150:270-7. 2007..mature sequence was chemically synthesized together with previously cloned tilapia A-type and B-type natriuretic peptides (ANP and BNP). The cloned CNP belongs to the CNP-1 type of teleosts...
- EXPRESSION AND REGULATION OF ATRIAL NATRIURETIC FACTORDavid Gardner; Fiscal Year: 2002The natriuretic peptides are a family of gene products which display potent vasorelaxant and volume-contracting activity in a number of different species, including humans...
- Antenatal Betamethasone in Late Preterm Gestation LambsSATYANARAYANA LAKSHMINRUSIMHA; Fiscal Year: 2010..in important mediators of pulmonary transition at birth such as nitric oxide, beta adrenergic agents, natriuretic peptides and prostaglandins secondary to antenatal glucocorticoid use...
- Modulation of Natriuretic Peptides via Caveolin in Hypertrophy and Heart Failure.David M Roth; Fiscal Year: 2013..The work described in this proposal focuses on elucidating mechanisms to support the use of caveolin proteins as novel therapeutic targets for heart failure patients and is of relevance to the VA patient care mission. ..
- ANP Receptor: Molecular approach of signaling mechanismsKailash N Pandey; Fiscal Year: 2013..mechanisms of pathogenesis whereby malregulation of receptor-mediated cardiac hormones;atrial and brain natriuretic peptides (ANP, BNP) bioactivity could result in abnormalities of fluid volume regulation and blood pressure ..
- Regulation of guanylyl cyclase A and B by hormones, ATP and phosphorylationLincoln Ross Potter; Fiscal Year: 2013..receptors are highly phosphorylated in resting cells and dephosphorylated receptors are unresponsive to natriuretic peptides (NPs)...
- Histamine Receptor Norepinephrine in Cardiac DysfunctionRoberto Levi; Fiscal Year: 2013..consequences;and, 2) The inhibition of a previously unsuspected pro-adrenergic effect of cardiac natriuretic peptides. An in- depth exploration of these novel H3-receptor-mediated cardioprotective effects is the main goal of ..
- Regulation and function of cGMP dependent protein kinase in cardiac hypertrophyEiki Takimoto; Fiscal Year: 2013..Accumulating evidence shows that enhanced synthesis of cGMP by nitric oxide or natriuretic peptides negatively regulate cardiac hypertrophy development...
- Regulation and Catalysis of Human Insulin Degrading EnzymeWei Jen Tang; Fiscal Year: 2013..the structures of human IDE in complex with insulin, A?, and other functionally relevant substrates such as natriuretic peptides and proinflammatory chemokines, CCL3/CCL4...
- Risk prediction of atrial fibrillation: clinical, biological and genetic markersEMELIA J contact BENJAMIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..To test whether biomarkers, specifically natriuretic peptides or C-reactive protein enhance risk prediction (discrimination, calibration, reclassification) of AF when ..
- Role of natriuretic peptides in the ductus arteriosusJOHN JEFFREY REESE; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Natriuretic peptides (NPs) regulate blood pressure and fluid balance via their diuretic, natriuretic, and vasoactive properties, and are biomarkers of heart failure in adults and children...
- Particle-Induced Cardiac Effects in Senescent MiceClarke Tankersley; Fiscal Year: 2009..The protection afforded by natriuretic peptides wanes with age leaving the pulmonary vasculature and right ventricle susceptible PM exposure leading to ..
- Prevention of Diabetic Neuropathy with ACE InhibitorsMARK ANTHONY YOREK; Fiscal Year: 2012..NEP degrades natriuretic peptides as well as neuropeptides such as calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and bradykinin...
- Genetic Determinants of Hypertensive Heart Disease in CRIDaniel L Dries; Fiscal Year: 2011..The NPS describes the ability of the heart to synthesis and release of natriuretic peptides (atrial natriuretic peptide [ANP], brain natriuretic peptide [BNP], and C-type natriuretic peptide [CNP]) ..
- Transduction mechanisms and CNS targets of GC-D neuronsSteven D Munger; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- PKG Redox Modulation of Cardiac Function and DiseaseDAVID ALAN KASS; Fiscal Year: 2013..This indicates that therapies leveraging PKG activation, such as natriuretic peptides, nitric oxide donors, or PDE5-inhibitors, may themselves critically depend on PKG redox state...
- Anthraycline-related cardiotoxicity in long-term survivors of lymphomaSARO ARMENIAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..echocardiography], 2D- M-mode derived diastolic and systolic indices) and blood (cardiac troponins, natriuretic peptides, Galectin-3, ST-2, metabolomics) indices in detecting LV dysfunction (abnormal ESWS) in adult lymphoma ..
- TRANSPORT ACROSS CAPILLARY ENDOTHELIUMFitz Roy E Curry; Fiscal Year: 2013..The overall aim of this research is to investigate the role of the circulating hormones known as Natriuretic Peptides (NPs) as endogenous anti-inflammatory agents that reduce vascular hyperpermeability in intact microvessels ..
- Cardiovascular Peptides and Myocardial InfarctionHorng H Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our proposal represents an advanced therapeutic strategy designed to go beyond native natriuretic peptides (NPs) with the use of the first dual GC receptor chimeric NP (GC-B>GC-A affinity) that combines key ..
- Corin in Cardiomyopathy and Heart FailureInna P Gladysheva; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 1 we seek to determine how sex, age and cardiomyopathy affect the expression and activity of the corin-natriuretic peptides system...
- Obesity, salt-sensitivity, and the natriuretic peptidesThomas J Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Biology and Novel Therapeutics of Cardiovascular PeptidesJohn C Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2013..our efforts to translate the biology of the endogenous particulate guanylyl cyclase (GC) activators, the natriuretic peptides (NPs), into novel therapeutics for human cardiorenal disease highly relevant to heart failure and ..
- ACTIONS OF CYCLIC GMP IN SMOOTH MUSCLEThomas Lincoln; Fiscal Year: 1999Cyclic GMP mediates vascular smooth muscle relaxation to nitric oxide and atrial natriuretic peptides. Endogenous vascular tone, tissue perfusion, and the growth and differentiation state of vascular smooth muscle are all regulated by ..
- Novel Markers of Anthracycline-induced Myocardial DamageCharles L Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2011..damage;likewise the results of blood markers to detect early myocardial damage, such as troponins and natriuretic peptides, are conflicting and not routinely used in practice...
- GUIDing Evidence Based Therapy Using Biomarker Intensified Treatment (CCC)GARY M FELKER; Fiscal Year: 2013..The natriuretic peptides are biomarkers of hemodynamic stress that provide important prognostic information in HF...
- CGMP PROTEIN KINASE IN PREGNANT MYOMETRIUMTrudy Cornwell; Fiscal Year: 2000..This cyclic nucleotide mediates many effects of nitric oxide and atrial natriuretic peptides by activating the cG-kinase...
- Molecular Control of cGMP Signaling by PKGs and PDEsJackie Corbin; Fiscal Year: 2007..nerve depression, and opiod action, cGMP mediates effects of natural signals such as nitric oxide, natriuretic peptides, and guanylins, as well as effects of medications such as nitroglycerin and sildenafil (Viagra/TM)...
- FACTORS DETERMINING INTRAOCULAR PRESSURESimon John; Fiscal Year: 2001..The natriuretic peptides (NPs) are important in regulating body fluid volume, and in moving fluid between compartments...
- ATRIAL PEPTIDE REGULATION OF SODIUM TRANSPORTMark Zeidel; Fiscal Year: 1990Atrial natriuretic peptides (ANP) induce large increases in renal sodium excretion. Evidence is accumulating that ANP induces natriuresis in part by directly altering sodium transport in the inner medullary collecting duct (IMCD)...
- Identifiction of the natriuretic peptide receptor kinaseLINCOLN POTTER; Fiscal Year: 2009..Endogenous hormones called natriuretic peptides combat cardiovascular disease...
- Natriuretic Peptides, Genes, and Diastolic Heart FailureThomas Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..This apparent paradox is explained by the important counter-regulatory function of the natriuretic peptides, which are secreted in response to atrial and ventricular wall stress...
- Molecular Mechanisms of PDE5 RegulationJackie Corbin; Fiscal Year: 2005..Natural signals (natriuretic peptides, guanylins and nitric oxide), in addition to many medications, stimulate cGMP cascades by activating these ..
- CONTROL OF RENAL FUNCTION BY INTRARENAL ANGIOTENSINRobert Carey; Fiscal Year: 1991..Atrial natriuretic peptides, released from cardiac myocytes, have been demonstrated to modulate renal function...
- ESCAPE Mechanistic SubstudiesRobert Califf; Fiscal Year: 2003..The first goal wlll be accomplished by evaluating relations between levels of natriuretic peptides, troponins, and clinical outcomes...
- REGULATION OF THE ANP RECEPTOR/GUANYLYL CYCLASEMichael Chinkers; Fiscal Year: 2000..health relatedness of the project lies in gaining a better understanding of (1) the mechanisms of action of natriuretic peptides that are potential therapeutic agents, and the mechanisms by which responsiveness to these peptides is lost ..
- Ventricular Matrix Remodeling: Correlates and PrognosisVasan Ramachandran; Fiscal Year: 2004..of ECM remodeling and : echocardiographic LVH and LV dilatation; Doppler indices of LV filling; serum natriuretic peptides. 3...
- ATRIAL PEPTIDES IN NORMAL AND HYPERTENSIVE PREGNANCYMarshall Lindheimer; Fiscal Year: 1990..Finally, this response to the solicited RFA represents an extension of applicants' ongoing research interests that center on the kidney and volume homeostasis in pregnancy...
- STICH TRIAL - NEUROHORMONAL/ CYTOKINE/ GENETIC CORE LABArthur Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2007..neurohormone/cytokine/genetic core will test three hypothesis: 1) pre-operative levels of neurohormones, natriuretic peptides, and pro-inflammatory cytokines will be useful in predicting that group of patients who will most likely ..
- MECHANISMS OF NOCTURIA IN OLDER ADULTSMary Umlauf; Fiscal Year: 1999..It is hypothesized that the negative intrathoracic pressure generated during OSA stimulate the release of natriuretic peptides, which increase urine production. She proposes three phases of study to examine this relationship...
- Diastolic Function, Stress & Natriuresis in AdultsGaston Kapuku; Fiscal Year: 2009..4) Stress-induced sodium excretion will correlate with concomitant stress-induced changes in natriuretic peptides (ANP, BMP)...
- ANGIOTENSIN CONVERTING ENZYMEIRWIN WILSON; Fiscal Year: 1991We will continue our studies on the enzymology of certain peptide hormones: Angiotensin I, atrial natriuretic peptides, hypothalmic gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH), and GnRH associated peptide (GAP) which may be prolactin releasing ..
- GROWTH AND DEATH OF VASCULAR SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLSChiming Wei; Fiscal Year: 2002DESCRIPTION (Adapted from Applicant's Abstract): The natriuretic peptides (NPS) include ANP, BNP and CNP. The NPS mediate their actions via generation of the second messenger cGMP following activation of biological receptors...
- Neurohormonal Activation in Pulmonary HypertensionSteven Kawut; Fiscal Year: 2005..Studies have documented elevated levels of endothelin, natriuretic peptides, and norepinephine in patients with this disease...
- NATRIURETIC PEPTIDES AND THE LUNGNicholas Hill; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION (Adapted from applicant's abstract and specific aims): Since the discovery of natriuretic peptides in 1981, a tremendous amount of research has characterized the molecular biology, pharmacology, and physiologic significance of ..
- Role of Natriuretic Peptides in the CochleaGeorge Trachte; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Inflammation & Prognosis in Decompensated Heart FailureGARY FELKER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Felker's development into an established independent clinical investigator with expertise in both complex clinical research methodology and the role of inflammation in the pathophysiology of heart failure. ..
- Regulation of the Atrial Natriuretic Peptide ReceptorLINCOLN POTTER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Hormones that combat these potentially deadly consequences of volume overload are called natriuretic peptides. In response to increased blood pressure, atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) and brain natriuretic peptide (..
- Genetic Determinants of Hypertension, LVH, and CHFDaniel Dries; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition we will analyze the association of these genotypes with prognosis in patients with advanced systolic heart failure. ..
- REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSION BY NO/CGMPRENATE PILZ; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Cardiac Troponin Testing for Myocardial InfarctionFred Apple; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Gene Targeting to Study Light-induced Circadian ChangesJames Waschek; Fiscal Year: 2003..Moreover, the same targeting system should have utility in investigating individual components of the clock, such as PER, CRY, BMAL and CLOCK proteins. ..
- PURINERGIC AXIS OF CARDIAC BLOOD VESSELSIAIN BUXTON; Fiscal Year: 2001..We will approach these aims with biochemical, pharmacological, molecular, cell biological and microscopic methods employing intact blood vessels, cells in primary culture and subcellular fractions. ..
- HIGH RESOLUTION ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY SYSTEMMichael Zile; Fiscal Year: 2001..This will foster interdisciplinary investigation, support NIH-funded investigators and trainees, and enhance the competitiveness of MUSC investigators. ..
- REGULATION OF ENDOTHELIAL NO SYNTHASE BY PHOSPHORYLATIONMARSHALL CORSON; Fiscal Year: 2003..To determine the mechanotransducers of fluid shear stress to eNOS phosphorylation. Aim 4. To elucidate the regulatory role of eNOS phosphorylation in regenerating endothelial cells in culture and in denuded rat aorta. ..
- REGULATORY RESPONSES TO POSITIVE ENERGY BALANCERandy Seeley; Fiscal Year: 2006..The information from this proposal will be critical to a complete picture of how energy balance is regulated and how disorders of energy balance such as obesity may be treated. ..
- Cyclic GMP And Ventricular Function In Heart FailureMARGARET REDFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PREDICTORS OF RECURRENT STROKE IN THE PROGRESS STUDYDuncan Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, plasma markers that predict risk of recurrent stroke may indicate novel therapies to prevent this condition. ..
- Imaging Apoptosis to Detect Unstable Atheromatous PlaqueJagat Narula; Fiscal Year: 2004..The impending surgical intervention will allow histopathological evaluation of the endarterectomy specimens to define potential utility of annexin imaging. ..
- Genetic Predictors of Outcome in Acute MIMarc Sabatine; Fiscal Year: 2005..Genomic control will be employed to detect and control for population stratification. Interaction terms will be incorporated into regression models to explore gene-environment and pharmacogenomic interactions. ..
- CATECHOLS AND ADENOSINE IN MYOCARDIAL PRECONDITIONINGMichael Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, I will see if NECA's salvage of myocardium at reperfusion translates into rapid functional benefits. It is hoped that the potential of this new pharmacologic approach can be defined. ..
- Informatics Support to Enhance Human Subjects ResearchJohn Burnett; Fiscal Year: 2003..We also will work with both Olmsted Medical Center and Luther Midelfort in evaluation of standardized procedures. We plan to share our best practices with all three of these institutions at the conclusion of the grant. ..