Genomes and Genes
Summary: A 36-amino acid polypeptide secreted by the PANCREAS that has physiological regulatory functions. Plasma pancreatic polypeptide increases after ingestion of food, with age, and in disease states. A lack of pancreatic polypeptide in the ISLETS OF LANGERHANS has been associated with the OBESITY in rats and mice.
Publications208 found, 100 shown here
- Pancreatic polypeptide: a hormone under vagal controlT W Schwartz
Gastroenterology 85:1411-25. 1983
- A comparison of the effects of pegvisomant and octreotide on glucose, insulin, gastrin, cholecystokinin, and pancreatic polypeptide responses to oral glucose and a standard mixed mealC Parkinson
Department of Endocrinology, Christie Hospital, Manchester M20 4BX, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1797-804. 2002..Octreotide significantly impaired stimulated release of cholecystokinin, gastrin, insulin, and pancreatic polypeptide. In conclusion, pegvisomant, unlike octreotide, is not associated with deterioration in glucose tolerance ..
- Characterization of the effects of pancreatic polypeptide in the regulation of energy balanceAkihiro Asakawa
Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Meidicine, Japan
Gastroenterology 124:1325-36. 2003b>Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) belongs to a family of peptides including neuropeptide Y and peptide YY. We examined the role of PP in the regulation of body weight as well as the therapeutic potential of PP.
- Improvement in β-cell function after diet-induced weight loss is associated with decrease in pancreatic polypeptide in subjects with type 2 diabetesH Kahleova
Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
J Diabetes Complications 26:442-9. 2012..The aim of our study was to evaluate the effect of a lifestyle intervention program on β-cell function and to explore the role of gastrointestinal peptides in subjects with T2D...
- Cloning of a human receptor of the NPY receptor family with high affinity for pancreatic polypeptide and peptide YYI Lundell
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Biol Chem 270:29123-8. 1995Neuropeptide Y (NPY), peptide YY (PYY), and pancreatic polypeptide (PP) are structurally related peptides found in all higher vertebrates...
- Peptide YY 3-36 and pancreatic polypeptide differentially regulate hypothalamic neuronal activity in mice in vivo as measured by manganese-enhanced magnetic resonance imagingM K Hankir
Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Imperial College London, London, UK
J Neuroendocrinol 23:371-80. 2011Peptide YY (PYY) and pancreatic polypeptide (PP) are two appetite suppressing hormones, released post-prandially from the ileum and pancreas, respectively...
- Proghrelin-derived peptides influence the secretion of insulin, glucagon, pancreatic polypeptide and somatostatin: a study on isolated islets from mouse and rat pancreasSaleem S Qader
Department of Clinical Science, Malmo University Hospital, UMAS, S 20502 Malmo, Sweden
Regul Pept 146:230-7. 2008..the effects of the proghrelin products, alone and in combinations, on the secretion of insulin, glucagon, pancreatic polypeptide (PP) and somatostatin from isolated islets of mice and rats...
- Long-acting lipidated analogue of human pancreatic polypeptide is slowly released into circulationKathrin Bellmann-Sickert
Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biosciences, Pharmacy and Psychology, Leipzig University, Leipzig, Germany
J Med Chem 54:2658-67. 2011..Here, we describe the modification of a human pancreatic polypeptide analogue specific for the human (h)Y(2) and hY(4) receptor with PEGs of different size and palmitic acid...
- Guinea pig pancreatic polypeptide: structure and pancreatic contentJ Eng
Peptides 8:165-8. 1987Guinea pig (GP) pancreatic polypeptide (PP) has been purified from an acid-alcohol extract of 6 GP pancreata by a series of 3 HPLC steps. The sequence for GP PP as compared with that of beef and human is shown: (Sequence: see text)...
- Ontogeny and the effect of aging on pancreatic polypeptide and peptide YYOlof Sandström
Section for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Institution of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Peptides 23:263-7. 2002b>Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) and peptide YY (PYY) are related neuroendocrine peptides that are expressed in specialized cells. PP is found around the time of birth in different species. PYY in mice and rats has been extensively studied...
- Sporadic pancreatic polypeptide secreting tumors (PPomas) of the pancreasSamuel C L Kuo
University of Sydney, Department of Surgery, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, NSW 2065, Australia
World J Surg 32:1815-22. 2008Sporadic pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors, which predominantly secrete pancreatic polypeptide (PPoma), are rare and have not been associated with a clinical syndrome...
- Human pancreatic polypeptide has a marked diurnal rhythm that is affected by ageing and is associated with the gastric TFF2 circadian rhythmC Emma Johns
Department of Pathology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Queen Victoria Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4LP, UK
Peptides 27:1341-8. 2006Normal circadian variations in vasoactive intestinal polypeptide, somatostatin, cholecystokinin and pancreatic polypeptide were measured to determine if these alter with aging and to identify gastrointestinal regulatory hormones that ..
- Fat digestion is required for suppression of ghrelin and stimulation of peptide YY and pancreatic polypeptide secretion by intraduodenal lipidChristine Feinle-Bisset
Dept of Medicine, Royal Adelaide Hospital, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 289:E948-53. 2005..Ghrelin, peptide YY (PYY), and pancreatic polypeptide (PP) appear to play an important role in appetite regulation, and their release is modulated by food ..
- Orexin neurons express a functional pancreatic polypeptide Y4 receptorRebecca E Campbell
Department of Neuroscience, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
J Neurosci 23:1487-97. 2003..the functional interaction between Y4 receptors and orexin neurons, we examined the effects of rat pancreatic polypeptide (rPP), a Y4-selective ligand, or NPY, a nonselective ligand, administered directly into the LHA on the ..
- Pancreatic polypeptide and peptide YY3-36 induce Ca2+ signaling in nodose ganglion neuronsYusaku Iwasaki
Division of Integrative Physiology, Department of Physiology, Jichi Medical University School of Medicine, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 320 0498, Japan
Neuropeptides 47:19-23. 2013Peripheral injection of pancreatic polypeptide (PP) and peptide YY(3-36) (PYY(3-36)), the hormones released in response to meals, reduce food intake, in which the rank order of the potency is PP>PYY(3-36)...
- Vesicular monoamine transporter, type 2 (VMAT2) expression as it compares to insulin and pancreatic polypeptide in the head, body and tail of the human pancreasMatthew Freeby
Division of Endocrinology and the Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Islets 4:393-7. 2012..Recently, tissue immunohistochemistry studies suggested that VMAT2 staining may also co-localize with pancreatic polypeptide (PP) staining cells in pancreas tissue, but these studies were not quantitative...
- Is the combination of chromogranin A and pancreatic polypeptide serum determinations of interest in the diagnosis and follow-up of gastro-entero-pancreatic neuroendocrine tumours?Thomas Walter
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Edouard Herriot, Fédération des spécialités digestives, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03, France
Eur J Cancer 48:1766-73. 2012..Combining serum CgA and pancreatic polypeptide (PP) levels may increase the sensitivity of tumour markers in the diagnosis of GEPNET.
- Multiple receptors for the pancreatic polypeptide (PP-fold) family: physiological implicationsD R Gehlert
Lilly Neuroscience, Lilly Research Laboratories, A Division of Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 218:7-22. 1998The pancreatic polypeptide (PP-fold) family of peptides consists of the endocrine peptides, pancreatic polypeptide (PP) and peptide YY (PYY), and the neuroneally derived peptide, neuropeptide Y (NPY)...
- Pancreatic polypeptide enhances colonic muscle contraction and fecal output through neuropeptide Y Y4 receptor in miceRyuichi Moriya
Tsukuba Research Institute, Banyu Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tsukuba, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 627:258-64. 2010b>Pancreatic polypeptide is released mainly from the pancreas, and is thought to be one of the major endogenous agonists of the neuropeptide Y Y(4) receptor...
- Critical role of arcuate Y4 receptors and the melanocortin system in pancreatic polypeptide-induced reduction in food intake in miceShu Lin
Neuroscience Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
PLoS ONE 4:e8488. 2009b>Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) is a potent anti-obesity agent known to inhibit food intake in the absence of nausea, but the mechanism behind this process is unknown.
- Differential effects of sham feeding and meal ingestion on ghrelin and pancreatic polypeptide levels: evidence for vagal efferent stimulation mediating ghrelin releaseH P Simonian
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Neurogastroenterol Motil 17:348-54. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate factors which regulate ghrelin release into the circulation by determining changes in systemic ghrelin concentrations after sham feeding and meal ingestion...
- Chicken neuropeptide Y-family receptor Y4: a receptor with equal affinity for pancreatic polypeptide, neuropeptide Y and peptide YYI Lundell
Department of Neuroscience, Unit of Pharmacology, Uppsala University, Box 593, S 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
J Mol Endocrinol 28:225-35. 2002Within the neuropeptide Y (NPY) family of peptides, pancreatic polypeptide is the most divergent across species. It differs in 20 of 36 positions between human and chicken...
- Insulin, glucose, and pancreatic polypeptide responses to a test meal in restricting type anorexia nervosa before and after weight restorationKimberly P Kinzig
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1441-6. 2007..b>Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) levels were increased in AN relative to controls regardless of weight status...
- Distribution of NPY receptors in the hypothalamusSerguei O Fetissov
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm 17177, Sweden
Neuropeptides 38:175-88. 2004..In this review, we briefly summarize the origin of NPY and its two related peptides, peptide YY and pancreatic polypeptide in the hypothalamus...
- Human pancreatic polypeptide in a phospholipid-based micellar formulationAmrita Banerjee
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Pharm Res 29:1698-711. 2012b>Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) has important glucoregulatory functions and thereby holds significance in the treatment of diabetes and obesity...
- Cloning and functional expression of a human Y4 subtype receptor for pancreatic polypeptide, neuropeptide Y, and peptide YYJ A Bard
Synaptic Pharmaceutical Corporation, Paramus, New Jersey 07652, USA
J Biol Chem 270:26762-5. 1995The pancreatic polypeptide family includes pancreatic polypeptide (PP), neuropeptide Y (NPY), and peptide YY (PYY)...
- Pancreatic polypeptide response to secretin in obesity: effects of glucose intoleranceB Glaser
Department of Internal Medicine (Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor
Horm Metab Res 20:288-92. 1988b>Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) may function as a regulator of satiety. Its secretion is impaired in certain animal models of obesity and the administration of PP may improve the hyperphagia and hyperinsulinism seen in these animals...
- Structural diversity of receptors for neuropeptide Y, peptide YY and pancreatic polypeptideD Larhammar
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Regul Pept 65:165-74. 1996The NPY (neuropeptide Y) family of neuroendocrine peptides consists of NPY, PYY (peptide YY) and PP (pancreatic polypeptide). Several receptors have been characterized pharmacologically of which three have now been cloned...
- Increased novelty-induced motor activity and reduced depression-like behavior in neuropeptide Y (NPY)-Y4 receptor knockout miceR O Tasan
Department of Pharmacology, Medical University Innsbruck, Peter Mayr Strasse 1a, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Neuroscience 158:1717-30. 2009..Lower levels were found in the medial amygdala and hypothalamus. Peripheral administration of pancreatic polypeptide (PP) induced Y4 receptor-dependent c-Fos expression in brain stem, hypothalamus and amygdala...
- Pancreatic polypeptide reduces appetite and food intake in humansR L Batterham
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine at Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:3989-92. 2003b>Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) is a gut hormone released from the pancreas in response to ingestion of food. Plasma PP has been shown to be reduced in conditions associated with increased food intake and elevated in anorexia nervosa...
- Stimulatory effects of ghrelin on circulating somatostatin and pancreatic polypeptide levelsMaura Arosio
Institute of Endocrine Sciences, University of Milan, Ospedale Maggiore Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, 20122 Milan, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:701-4. 2003..study was to evaluate the effects of ghrelin administration on total circulating somatostatin (SS), pancreatic polypeptide (PP), and gastrin levels compared with those elicited on insulin, glucose, and GH...
- Leptin does not directly regulate the pancreatic hormones amylin and pancreatic polypeptide: interventional studies in humansJanice J Hwang
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes Care 31:945-51. 2008Leptin and the pancreatic hormones amylin and pancreatic polypeptide are being evaluated alone or in combination for the treatment of obesity, but their physiological regulation has not yet been fully elucidated...
- Abnormal ghrelin and pancreatic polypeptide responses in gastroparesisKishore V Gaddipati
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dig Dis Sci 51:1339-46. 2006..The increase in pancreatic polypeptide with sham feeding is often used as a measure of vagal integrity...
- Adult insulin- and glucagon-producing cells differentiate from two independent cell lineagesP L Herrera
Department of Morphology, University of Geneva Medical School, rue Michel Servet, Switzerland
Development 127:2317-22. 2000..Also, the beta-cell progenitors, but not alpha-cell progenitors, transcribe the pancreatic polypeptide (PP) gene...
- Effect of fatty acid chain length on suppression of ghrelin and stimulation of PYY, GLP-2 and PP secretion in healthy menKate L Feltrin
University of Adelaide, Department of Medicine, Royal Adelaide Hospital, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Peptides 27:1638-43. 2006..the effects of fatty acid chain length on ghrelin, peptide YY (PYY), glucagon-like peptide-2 (GLP-2) and pancreatic polypeptide (PP) secretion and hypothesized that intraduodenal administration of dodecanoic ("C12"), but not decanoic (..
- Neuropeptide Y, Y1, Y2 and Y4 receptors mediate Y agonist responses in isolated human colon mucosaHelen M Cox
Centre for Neuroscience Research, King s College London, GKT School of Biomedical Sciences, Hodgkin Building, Guy s Campus, London SE1 9RT, UK
Br J Pharmacol 135:1505-12. 2002..characterization of the Y receptor types responsible for neuropeptide Y (NPY), peptide YY (PYY) and pancreatic polypeptide (PP) effects upon electrogenic ion transport in isolated human colonic mucosa. 2...
- Impaired glucose tolerance in pancreatic polypeptide-overexpressing miceN Ueno
Diabetologia 45:1048-9. 2002
- Gut hormones and appetite controlA M Wren
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Imperial College London, London, England
Gastroenterology 132:2116-30. 2007..Satiety signals derived from the intestine and pancreas include peptide YY, pancreatic polypeptide, glucagon-like peptide 1, oxyntomodulin, and cholecystokinin...
- Blood pressure, catecholamines, and pancreatic polypeptide in obstructive sleep apnea with and without nasal Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (nCPAP) treatmentP Jennum
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, Glostrup Hospital, Denmark
Am J Hypertens 2:847-52. 1989..blood pressure, arterial plasma catecholamines [norepinephrine (NE) and epinephrine (E)], and plasma pancreatic polypeptide (PP) were measured without and after seven days treatment with nCPAP...
- Y4 receptor knockout rescues fertility in ob/ob miceAmanda Sainsbury
Neurobiology Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, Darlinghurst, Sydney NSW 2010, Australia
Genes Dev 16:1077-88. 2002..lower body weight and reduced white adipose tissue mass accompanied by increased plasma levels of pancreatic polypeptide (PP)...
- Mechanisms of neuropeptide Y, peptide YY, and pancreatic polypeptide inhibition of identified green fluorescent protein-expressing GABA neurons in the hypothalamic neuroendocrine arcuate nucleusClaudio Acuna-Goycolea
Department of Neurosurgery, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Neurosci 25:7406-19. 2005..study their physiological response to neuropeptide Y (NPY), the related peptide YY(3-36) (PYY(3-36)), and pancreatic polypeptide (PP), important modulators of ARC function...
- Intraislet hyperinsulinemia prevents the glucagon response to hypoglycemia despite an intact autonomic responseSalomon Banarer
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and the General Clinical Research Center and the Diabetes Research and Training Center, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Diabetes 51:958-65. 2002..plasma epinephrine), sympathetic neural (plasma norepinephrine), and parasympathetic neural (plasma pancreatic polypeptide)-responses to hypoglycemia were not reduced during tolbutamide infusion...
- Distribution of pancreatic polypeptide and peptide YYEva Ekblad
Department of Physiological Sciences, Section for Neuroendocrine Cell Biology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Peptides 23:251-61. 2002..A limited expression of PYY is found also in endocrine cells in the adrenal gland, respiratory tract and pituitary. Peripheral, particularly enteric, neurons also express PYY as does a restricted set of central neurons...
- Effect of pancreatic polypeptide on rat dorsal vagal complex neuronsD M McTigue
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Physiol 499:475-83. 19971. Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) microinjected into the dorsal vagal complex (DVC) elevates gastric activity through a vagal mechanism. Thus, it was hypothesized that PP alters the activity of nuclei comprising the DVC, i.e...
- Proghrelin peptides: Desacyl ghrelin is a powerful inhibitor of acylated ghrelin, likely to impair physiological effects of acyl ghrelin but not of obestatin A study of pancreatic polypeptide secretion from mouse isletsRajesh Kumar
Department of Clinical Science, Malmo University Hospital, UMAS, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Regul Pept 164:65-70. 2010..The products are thought to be secreted concomitantly. In an earlier study we found acyl ghrelin and obestatin, but not desacyl ghrelin, to suppress the release of hormones from isolated islets of mouse and rat pancreas...
- Low-dose pancreatic polypeptide inhibits food intake in manDavid R Jesudason
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Faculty of Medicene, Imperial College London, London, UK
Br J Nutr 97:426-9. 2007b>Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) is a gut hormone released from the pancreas in response to food ingestion and remains elevated for up to 6 h postprandially. Plasma levels are elevated in patients with pancreatic tumours...
- Pancreatic polypeptide in obese children before and after weight lossT Reinehr
Vestische Hospital for Children and Adolescents Datteln, University of Witten Herdecke, Datteln, Germany
Int J Obes (Lond) 30:1476-81. 2006Little is known concerning pancreatic polypeptide (PP) in weight loss and in childhood obesity.
- Compensatory responses in mice carrying a null mutation for Ins1 or Ins2L Leroux
Department of Genetics, Development and Molecular Pathology, ICGM, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unit 257, Paris, France
Diabetes 50:S150-3. 2001..the islets showed normal distribution of the endocrine cells producing insulin, glucagon, somatostatin, or pancreatic polypeptide. Analysis of the expression of the functional insulin gene in Ins1-/- or Ins2-/- mice revealed a dramatic ..
- Sequence-specific 1H NMR assignments and solution structure of bovine pancreatic polypeptideX A Li
Oxford Centre for Molecular Sciences, University of Oxford, U K
Biochemistry 31:1245-53. 1992Sequence-specific 1H NMR assignments for the 36 residue bovine pancreatic polypeptide (bPP) have been completed. The secondary and tertiary structure of bPP in solution has been determined from experimental NMR data...
- The effects of pancreatic polypeptide on locomotor activity and food intake in miceY L Liu
Department of Investigative Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:1712-5. 2008b>Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) has been shown to inhibit food intake in both rodents and humans. Acute peripheral administration of PP increases oxygen consumption in obese mice...
- Embryogenesis of the murine endocrine pancreas; early expression of pancreatic polypeptide geneP L Herrera
Institute of Histology and Embryology, University of Geneva Medical School, Switzerland
Development 113:1257-65. 1991..on cytospin preparations and on semithin sections of mouse pancreatic buds, we have found glucagon and pancreatic polypeptide (PP)-containing cells at embryonal day 10.5 (E 10.5) in dorsal buds and at E 11.5 in ventral buds...
- A role for pancreatic polypeptide in feeding and body weight regulationShinya Kojima
Department of Behavioral Medicine, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 8 35 1, Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima City 890 8520, Japan
Peptides 28:459-63. 2007....
- A structure-activity analysis of the cloned rat and human Y4 receptors for pancreatic polypeptideM W Walker
Synpatic Pharmaceutical Corporation, Paramus, NJ 07652, USA
Peptides 18:609-12. 1997We cloned and expressed the rat Y4 receptor for pancreatic polypeptide (PP). Structure-activity profiles derived from 125I-PP binding assays and [cAMP] radioimmunoassays reveal a selective receptor interaction with rat PP vs...
- Identification and distribution of mRNA encoding the Y1, Y2, Y4, and Y5 receptors for peptides of the PP-fold family in the rat intestine and colonM Goumain
Unité de Neuroendocrinologie et Biologie Cellulaire Digestives, INSERM U410, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 247:52-6. 1998Peptide YY (PYY), neuropeptide Y (NPY) and pancreatic polypeptide (PP) are structurally related peptides which have potent antisecretory effects in small and/or large intestines...
- Pancreatic polypeptide inhibits pancreatic enzyme secretion via a cholinergic pathwayG Jung
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109 0362
Am J Physiol 253:G706-10. 1987In rat pancreatic slices, rat pancreatic polypeptide (PP) or C-terminal hexapeptide of PP [PP-(31-36)] inhibited potassium-stimulated amylase release in a dose-dependent manner...
- Important role of hypothalamic Y2 receptors in body weight regulation revealed in conditional knockout miceAmanda Sainsbury
Neurobiology Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales 2010, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8938-43. 2002..Plasma concentrations of pancreatic polypeptide and corticosterone were 3- to 5-fold increased in hypothalamus-specific Y2 knockout mice...
- Cloning and characterization of a novel receptor to pancreatic polypeptide, a member of the neuropeptide Y receptor familyP Gregor
Metabolic Disorders Research, Bayer Corp, Pharmaceutical Division, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
FEBS Lett 381:58-62. 1996..Southern blots indicate that NPYR-D and human Y4/PP1 receptor genes are species homologues. Rat [125I]pancreatic polypeptide ([125I]rPP) bound to NPYR-D transfected COS-7 cell membranes with a high affinity, i.e. IC50=90 pM...
- Increased circulating cholecystokinin contributes to anorexia and anxiety behavior in mice overexpressing pancreatic polypeptideNaohiko Ueno
Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe Seaside Hospital, 1 1 28 Isogami dori, Chuo Ku, Kobe, 651 0084, Japan
Regul Pept 141:8-11. 2007We have previously reported that pancreatic polypeptide (PP) overexpressing mice display thin phenotype with delayed gastric emptying and decreased food intake...
- Symptomatic pancreatic polypeptide-secreting tumor of the distal pancreas (PPoma)Melinda Mortenson
Department of Surgery, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, USA
Int J Gastrointest Cancer 32:153-6. 2002..Of various potential pancreatic endocrine hormones, only serum levels of pancreatic polypeptide were elevated...
- Y(4) receptors mediate the inhibitory responses of pancreatic polypeptide in human and mouse colon mucosaIain R Tough
Wolfson Centre for Age Related Diseases, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, UK
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 319:20-30. 2006The antisecretory effects of several Y agonists, including pancreatic polypeptide (PP), indicate the presence of Y(1), Y(2), and Y(4) receptors in mouse and human (h) colon mucosae...
- Cardiac function in neuropeptide Y Y4 receptor-knockout miceMargaret A Smith-White
Prince of Wales Medical Research Institute, University of New South Wales, Barker St, Randwick, 2031 Sydney, Australia
Regul Pept 110:47-54. 2002..of cardiovascular function in neuropeptide Y (NPY) Y4 receptor-knockout mice was investigated using pancreatic polypeptide (PP), NPY and specific agonists and antagonists for other NPY receptors well characterised in ..
- Multiple Y receptors mediate pancreatic polypeptide responses in mouse colon mucosaH M Cox
Centre for Neuroscience, King s College London, GKT School of Biomedical Sciences, Guy s Campus, SE1 9RT, London, United Kingdom
Peptides 22:445-52. 2001..A combination of BIBO3304 and BIIE0246 also partially attenuated hPP responses, leaving residual effects that were most probably Y(4)-mediated. Thus we conclude that Y(1), Y(2) and Y(4) receptors attenuate ion secretion in mouse colon...
- Counterregulatory hormone and symptom responses to insulin-induced hypoglycemia in the postprandial state in humansFrancesca Porcellati
Section of Internal Medicine, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Diabetes 52:2774-83. 2003..037), norepinephrine (3.8 +/- 0.3 vs. 3.2 +/- 0.2 nmol x l(-1) x min(-1), P = 0.037), and pancreatic polypeptide (217 +/- 12 vs. 159 +/- 22 pmol x l(-1) x min(-1), P = 0.08)...
- Immunohistochemical localization of glucagon and pancreatic polypeptide on rat endocrine pancreas: coexistence in rat islet cellsY H Huang
Department of Gastroenterology, The First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Eur J Histochem 53:81-5. 2009We used immunofluorescence double staining method to investigate the cellular localization of glucagon and pancreatic polypeptide (PP) in rat pancreatic islets...
- Immunostaining of gastric cancer with neuroendocrine differentiation: Reg IV-positive neuroendocrine cells are associated with gastrin, serotonin, pancreatic polypeptide and somatostatinKazuhiro Sentani
Department of Molecular Pathology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima, Japan
Pathol Int 60:291-7. 2010..NCAM) as NE differentiation markers, and gastrin, serotonin, calcitonin, gastrin-releasing peptide (GRP), pancreatic polypeptide (PP), somatostatin and glucagon as NE hormones...
- The cloned rat pancreatic polypeptide receptor exhibits profound differences to the orthologous receptorI Lundell
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:5111-5. 1996b>Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) is produced in the islets of Langerhans and released in response to meals. It belongs to a family of peptides that also includes neuropeptide Y and peptide YY...
- Distribution of peripherally injected peptide YY ([125I] PYY (3-36)) and pancreatic polypeptide ([125I] hPP) in the CNS: enrichment in the area postremaYvan Dumont
Department of Psychiatry, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, McGill University, 6875 Boulevard LaSalle, Montreal Verdun, QC, H4H 1R3, Canada
J Mol Neurosci 33:294-304. 2007The mechanism by which blood-borne peptide YY (3-36) (PYY(3-36)) and pancreatic polypeptide (PP) inhibit food intake is not clear and could implicate peripheral (vagal afferent pathways) and/or central (direct action on specific brain ..
- Molecular characterization of a second mouse pancreatic polypeptide receptor and its inactivated human homologueP Gregor
Metabolic Disorders Research, Bayer Corporation, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
J Biol Chem 271:27776-81. 1996The family of mammalian neuropeptide Y (NPY)/peptide YY (PYY)/pancreatic polypeptide (PP) receptors comprises several G protein-coupled receptors, i.e. Y1, Y2, and Y4/PP1. We now report cloning of a novel member of this family named PP2...
- Blunted pancreatic polypeptide responses in children with obesity of Prader-Willi syndromeW B Zipf
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 52:1264-6. 1981Serum pancreatic polypeptide (PP), gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP), insulin and glucose responses to meal stimulation were studied in 10 normal weight patients, 13 normal obese patients and 7 patients with Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS) ..
- Y4 receptors and pancreatic polypeptide regulate food intake via hypothalamic orexin and brain-derived neurotropic factor dependent pathwaysAmanda Sainsbury
Neuroscience Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, St Vincent s Hospital, 384 Victoria St, Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australi
Neuropeptides 44:261-8. 2010..Here we show that peripherally administered pancreatic polypeptide (PP) stimulates neurons in key nuclei of the hypothalamus critical for appetite and satiety regulation...
- Roles of pancreatic polypeptide in regulation of food intakeGoro Katsuura
Aburahi Laboratories, Shionogi and Co Ltd, Shiga, 520 3423 Japan
Peptides 23:323-9. 2002b>Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) is produced in pancreatic islets of Langerhans and released into the circulation after ingestion of a meal. Peripherally administered PP suppresses food intake and gastric emptying...
- Cloning and functional expression of cDNAs encoding human and rat pancreatic polypeptide receptorsH Yan
Department of Neurobiology, Amgen Center, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:4661-5. 1996..8 nM) for 125I-labeled human pancreatic polypeptide (PP)...
- Evolution of neuropeptide Y, peptide YY and pancreatic polypeptideD Larhammar
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Regul Pept 62:1-11. 1996..Y (NPY), which is expressed in the central and peripheral nervous systems, and peptide YY (PYY) and pancreatic polypeptide (PP) which are gut endocrine peptides...
- Parasympathetic blockade attenuates augmented pancreatic polypeptide but not insulin secretion in Pima IndiansBarbora Vozarova de Courten
Clinical Diabetes and Nutrition Section, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Diabetes 53:663-71. 2004..have a high risk of type 2 diabetes and exhibit marked hyperinsulinemia and elevated plasma levels of pancreatic polypeptide (PP), an islet hormone considered a surrogate marker of parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) drive to the ..
- Autonomic control of pancreatic polypeptide and glucagon secretion during neuroglucopenia and hypoglycemia in miceP J Havel
Department of Physiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616
Am J Physiol 265:R246-54. 1993Neural control of pancreatic polypeptide (PP) release has not been previously investigated in the mouse. In addition, it is not known to what extent increased glucagon secretion during hypoglycemia in mice is neurally mediated vs...
- Gastrointestinal satiety signals III. Glucagon-like peptide 1, oxyntomodulin, peptide YY, and pancreatic polypeptideSarah Stanley
Endocrine Unit, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, UK
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 286:G693-7. 2004Many peptides are synthesized and released from the gastrointestinal tract and pancreas, including pancreatic polypeptide (PP) and the products of the gastrointestinal L cells, glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1), oxyntomodulin, and peptide ..
- An immunohistochemical study of endocrine cells in the pancreas of the Red-bellied frog (Bombina orientalis)J H Lee
Department of Histology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University Kyungpook, 712 240, Republic of Korea
Eur J Histochem 47:165-72. 2003..PAP) method using five types of specific mammalian antisera to insulin, glucagon, somatostatin, bovine pancreatic polypeptide (PP) and secretin...
- Gut hormones as peripheral anti obesity targetsCaroline J Small
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Division of Investigative Science, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, London, W12 ONN, UK
Curr Drug Targets CNS Neurol Disord 3:379-88. 2004..Here we consider the therapeutic potential of some gut hormones, and the GPCR's through which they act, in the treatment of obesity...
- Gut hormones and the control of appetiteCaroline J Small
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Division of Investigative Science, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, Du Cane Road, London, W12 ONN, UK
Trends Endocrinol Metab 15:259-63. 2004..Ghrelin stimulates, and glucagon like peptide-1, oxyntomodulin, peptide YY (PYY), cholecystokinin and pancreatic polypeptide inhibit, appetite...
- Nesidioblastosis in sickle cell diseaseD E Culberson
Centralized Pathology Unit for Sickle Cell Disease, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama, USA
Pediatr Pathol Mol Med 20:155-65. 2001..stains (trichrome, reticulin, iron), and immunohistochemical stains (insulin, glucagon, somatostatin, and pancreatic polypeptide). The gross examinations were recorded as unremarkable in 65% of the autopsies...
- Nestin-positive cells in adult pancreas express amylase and endocrine precursor CellsHiroyuki Ueno
Department of Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Pancreas 31:126-31. 2005..Interestingly, EGFP mRNA-negative and protein-positive cells expressed insulin, glucagon, somatostatin and pancreatic polypeptide, pancreatic endocrine markers...
- Purification of rat pancreatic B-cells by fluorescence-activated cell sortingGeert Stangé
Diabetes Research Center, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Methods Mol Med 83:15-22. 2003
- Very slow turnover of beta-cells in aged adult miceMonica Teta
Division of Endocrinology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3615 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Diabetes 54:2557-67. 2005..Although some pancreatic components acquired BrdU label in a linear fashion, only 1 in approximately 1,400 adult beta-cells were found to undergo replication per day. We conclude that adult beta-cells are very long lived...
- Immunohistochemical study of the endocrine cells in the pancreas of the carp, Cyprinus carpio (Cyprinidae)Hee Sun Kong
Laboratory of Histology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Taegu 702 701, Korea
J Vet Sci 3:303-14. 2002..were observed using specific mammalian antisera against insulin, glucagon, somatostatin and human pancreatic polypeptide (hPP) by peroxidase antiperoxidase (PAP) method...
- Development of pancreatic islets in pancreatic polypeptide-overexpressing miceHideki Yuzuriha
Division of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Int J Mol Med 14:201-5. 2004Recently we produced pancreatic polypeptide transgenic (PPTG) mice and found that PP was overexpressed in pancreatic islets...
- An immunohistochemical study on the pancreatic islets cells of the Mongolian gerbils, Meriones unguiculatusS K Ku
Pharmacology and Toxicology Lab, Central Research Laboratories, Dong Wha Pharm Ind Co, Anyang 430 017, Korea
J Vet Sci 2:9-14. 2001..PAP) method with four types of specific antisera against insulin, glucagon, somatostatin and human pancreatic polypeptide (PP)...
- Characterization of human islet-like structures generated from pancreatic precursor cells in cultureCheryl A Bodnar
Pharmaceutical Production Research Facility PPRF, Schulich School of Engineering, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
Biotechnol Bioeng 93:980-8. 2006..expressed all four of the endocrine hormone genes and proteins (insulin, glucagon, somatostatin, pancreatic polypeptide)...
- Characteristics and transplantation of the porcine neonatal pancreatic cell clusters isolated from 1- to 3-day-old versus 1-month-old pigsJ H Juang
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Transplant Proc 36:1203-5. 2004..069 +/- 0.022 and 0.067 +/- 0.023 mg in mice receiving I-A or I-B, respectively (P >.05). Our data indicate NPCCs isolated from 1- to 3-day-old and 1-month-old pigs have different characteristics but similar transplantation effects...
- Gastrointestinal hormones and regulation of food intakeW S Dhillo
Department of Metabolic Medicine, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 ONN, UK
Horm Metab Res 36:846-51. 2004..cholecystokinin (CCK), glucagon-like peptide-1 (7-36) amide (GLP-1), oxyntomodulin, peptide YY (PYY) and pancreatic polypeptide (PP). These peptides represent potential targets for the design of anti-obesity drugs...
- Amylin in pancreatic islets and pancreatic endocrine neoplasmsTatsuo Tomita
Department of Pathology, Texas Tech Medical Center at El Paso, Texas 79905, USA
Pathol Int 53:591-5. 2003..By immunocytochemical staining, all four islet cells including insulin, glucagon, somatostatin (SRIF) and pancreatic polypeptide (PP) cells were positively stained for amylin...
- Effect of sex on counterregulatory responses to exercise after antecedent hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetesPietro Galassetti
715 PRB, Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Vanderbilt Univ School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 6303, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287:E16-24. 2004..Preserved counterregulatory responses during exercise in T1DM women may confer greater protection against hypoglycemia than in men with T1DM...
- Ghrelin administration affects circulating pituitary and gastro-entero-pancreatic hormones in acromegalyM Arosio
Institute of Endocrine Sciences, University of Milan, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, Via F Sforza, 35, Milan, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 150:27-32. 2004..We aimed to verify whether such hormonal responses are retained in acromegaly, a disease characterized by high GH, subnormal ghrelin and abnormal GEP hormone levels...
- Cellular localization of endocrine cells in the adult pancreas of the house musk shrew, Suncus murinus: a comparative immunocytochemical studyShuang Qin Yi
Department of Anatomy and Neuroembryology, University of Kanazawa, Takara machi 13 1, Kanazawa 920 8640, Japan
Gen Comp Endocrinol 136:162-70. 2004..The distribution of insulin-, glucagon-, somatostatin-, and pancreatic polypeptide (PP)-secreting cells of the right and left lobes of the pancreas was examined in 10 animals...
- Amylin in human pancreatic isletsT Tomita
Department of Pathology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Pathology 35:34-6. 2003Double and triple immunocytochemical staining was used to co-localise amylin with four pancreatic hormones, including insulin, glucagon, somatostatin and pancreatic polypeptide.
- Expression in murine teratocarcinoma F9 cells of transcription factors involved in pancreas developmentL O'Driscoll
National Institute for Cellular Biotechnology, Dublin City University, Glasnevin, Dublin, Ireland
Transplant Proc 36:1151-8. 2004..This study sought to differentiate a murine teratocarcinoma cell line, F9, to endodermal-like cells and, subsequently; to investigate the effects of regulated expression of transcription factors in pancreas development...
- Differing physiological effects of epinephrine in type 1 diabetes and nondiabetic humansDeanna Aftab Guy
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 6303, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 288:E178-86. 2005..Thus we conclude that there is a spectrum of significant in vivo physiological differences of epinephrine action at the liver, muscle, adipose tissue, pancreas, and cardiovascular system between T1DM and healthy subjects...
- An immunohistochemical study on the pancreatic endocrine cells of the C57BL/6 mouseSae Kwang Ku
Pharmacology and Toxicology Lab, Central Research Laboratories, Dong Wha Pharm Ind Co
J Vet Sci 3:327-33. 2002..method using four types of specific mammalian antisera against insulin, glucagon, somatostatin and human pancreatic polypeptide (PP)...
- Pancreatic exocrine secretion and plasma concentration of some gastrointestinal hormones in response to abomasal infusion of starch hydrolyzate and/or caseinK C Swanson
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546 0215, USA
J Anim Sci 82:1781-7. 2004..Changes in hormone concentration may not relate directly to changes in enzyme secretion...
- Metabolic, endocrine and mood responses to nocturnal eating in men are affected by sources of dietary energyUlf Holmback
Department of Medical Sciences, Nutrition, Uppsala University Hospital, Sweden
Ups J Med Sci 107:121-58. 2002
- Biological actions of peptide YY: effects on endocrine pancreas, pituitary-adrenal axis, and plasma catecholamine concentrations in the dogA Inui
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University School of Medicine, Hyogo, Japan
Horm Metab Res 19:353-7. 1987..PYY was infused intravenously at a dose of 238 pmol/kg X h, and plasma concentrations of glucose, insulin, pancreatic polypeptide (PP), ACTH, cortisol and catecholamines (norepinephrine-NE; epinephrine-E; dopamine-DA) were subsequently ..
- Selective processing of chromogranin A in the different islet cells in human pancreasG M Portela-Gomes
Departments of Genetics and Pathology, Unit of Pathology, University of Lisbon, Portugal
J Histochem Cytochem 49:483-90. 2001..Our findings may indicate that the CgA molecule is cleaved in different ways in the various pancreatic endocrine cell types, giving rise to a variety of biologically functional fragments...
- Beta Cell Adaptation to Stress in Baboon Pancreas After Partial PancreatectomyFRANCO BATTISTA FOLLI; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Deposition of islet amyloid pancreatic polypeptide (IAPP) in the islets of Langerhans is the characteristic feature of human type 2 diabetic pancreas but represents the final stage of a process ..
- Role of Neuropeptide Y in Obesity-Receptor Specific AnalogsAmbikaipakan Balasubramaniam; Fiscal Year: 2013..On the other hand NPY homologous peptides, peptide YY (PYY) and pancreatic polypeptide (PP), released postprandially by the intestine act as powerful satiety signals via shutting off the ..
- Small Molecule Probes to Investigate Structure and Function of Y ReceptorsC David Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2013..of receptors (Y1, Y2, Y4, and Y5), that bind the ligands neuropeptide Y (NPY), polypeptide YY (PYY) and pancreatic polypeptide (PP)...
- Nkx2.2 in Pancreatic Development: The Role of the NK2-SD DomainJOSHUA ADAM LEVINE; Fiscal Year: 2013..cells, insulin- producing [unreadable] cells, somatostatin-producing d cells, pancreatic polypeptide-producing PP cells, and ghrelin- producing e cells...
- PDX-1 is a Therapeutic Target for Pancreatic CancerFRANCIS CHARLES BRUNICARDI; Fiscal Year: 2012..islet hormone levels and islet morphology and that the diabetes can be treated with insulin and/or pancreatic polypeptide administration...
- A Novel Multiplexed Assay for Rapid Antibody ScreeningSCOTT ALLEN MONSMA; Fiscal Year: 2011..a new panel for identifying and characterizing mature islet cell populations, including 1, 2, 4, 5, and Pancreatic Polypeptide (PP) cell types...
- HUMAN ISLET ANTGEN DISCOVERY AND IMAGINGPaul E Harris; Fiscal Year: 2012..the human pancreas, the posterior lobe of the head, where VMAT2 expression may extend to cells expressing pancreatic polypeptide. In this Aim we will quantitate the co-expression of VMAT2 and pancreatic polypeptide to determine how far ..
- STRUCTURES OF RNA BINDING PROTEINS FROM INFLUENZA VIRUSGaetano Montelione; Fiscal Year: 2000..isolated from porcine brain, is a member of a family of homologous hormones including peptike YY (PYY) and pancreatic polypeptide. It is the most abundant and widely distributed neuropeptide present in the mamalian central and ..
- A Novel Multiplexed Assay for Rapid Antibody ScreeningBradley H Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2013..a new panel for identifying and characterizing mature islet cell populations, including 1, 2, 4, 5, and Pancreatic Polypeptide (PP) cell types...
- DIABETES MELLITUS & ISLET AMYLOID POLYPEPTIDE (IAAP)Kenneth Johnson; Fiscal Year: 1991..e. insulin, glucagon, somatostatin, and pancreatic polypeptide) using direct perfusion of rat and cat pancreas...
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF GASTROINTESTINAL HORMONESAndrew Leiter; Fiscal Year: 1990b>Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) and peptide YY (PYY) are members of a brain-gut peptide family. Pancreatic polypeptide, produced in the pancreatic islets, inhibits pancreatic exocrine secretion and relaxes the gallbladder...
- Y Receptor In and Cardiovascular Function From the PHNJohn Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004..is to determine the Y receptor subtype stimulated in the posterior hypothalamic nucleus (PHN) by the pancreatic polypeptide neuropeptide Y (NPY) that mediates increases in mean arterial pressure (MAP) and heart rate (HR), and to ..
- Novel Evaluation & Treatment of Gastric DysmotilityHENRY PAUL PARKMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..patterns and the plasma concentration of several putative regulatory hormones of Gl motility (motilin and pancreatic polypeptide) and appetite (ghrelin, leptin) in normal subjects and patients with gastroparesis. 4...
- BIOSYNTHESIS AND SECRETION OF PEPTIDE HORMONESHOWARD TAGER; Fiscal Year: 1993..is placed on the bioactive peptides of the endocrine pancreas (insulin, glucagon, somatostatin and pancreatic polypeptide) and on the precedents that may be gleaned by the study of these hormones in concern...
- Regulation of Food Intake and Body Adiposity by Peptide YYROGER REIDELBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Peptide YY (PYY), neuropeptide Y (NPY), and pancreatic polypeptide (PP) comprise a family of structurally related brain-gut peptides with diverse actions mediated by four ..
- ALCOHOL & PANCREATIC DIGESTIVE ENZYME SYNTHESISBIDDANDA PONNAPPA; Fiscal Year: 1991..ethanol intake, the effects of such secretagogues are compensated by pancreatic inhibitors such as pancreatic polypeptide and somatostatin will also be tested...
- SURGERY OF THE PANCREAS--EFFECTS ON GLUCOSE METABOLISMDana Andersen; Fiscal Year: 1999..of animal models of chronic pancreatitis and pancreatic resection, the role of peptide mediators, such as pancreatic polypeptide (PP), on the availability, affinity, and internalization of hepatocyte insulin receptors will be assessed, ..
- STRUCTURE/ACTIVITY STUDIES OF NPYAmbikaipakan Balasubramaniam; Fiscal Year: 2001..amide isolated from porcine brain, is a member of a family of homologous hormones including peptide YY and pancreatic polypeptide. NPY is widely distributed in the central and peripheral nervous system and occurs in higher ..
- SYNAPTIC FUNCTIONS IN CULTURE: PEPTIDERGIC AND OTHERSDavid Potter; Fiscal Year: 1991..We have preliminary evidence for Substance P-like and Avian Pancreatic Polypeptide-like immunoreactivity...
- REGENERATION OF PANCREATIC BETA CELLSGladys Teitelman; Fiscal Year: 2003..The findings suggest that, during development the glucagon(a), insulin(B), somatostatin (delta) pancreatic polypeptide (PP) cells were produced by multipotential stem cells...
- BIOLOGICAL STUDIES ON PANCREATIC POLYPEPTIDESDavid Coy; Fiscal Year: 1980..b>Pancreatic polypeptide (PP) is localized within discreet endocrine pancreatic islet cells and stored in their secretory granules...
- Miniature Protein Ligands, Inhibitors, and ScaffoldsAlanna Schepartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..This strategy, which we call protein grafting, has generated two miniature proteins based on avian pancreatic polypeptide (aPP, 36 residues) that bind DNA with exceptional affinity and specificity and one other that binds a ..
- Exercise Associated Hypoglycemia in Diabetes MellitusDarleen Sandoval; Fiscal Year: 2003..and to assess neuroendocrine (plasma glucagon, catecholamines, growth hormone, cortisol, ACTH, and pancreatic polypeptide), in vivo metabolism (glucose and glycerol turnover, substrate levels, and substrate oxidation via ..
- Gut Hormones/Other Circulatory Regulators of AppetiteStephen Bloom; Fiscal Year: 2006..Obesity produces over 6,000 excess deaths a week in the USA alone, yet there is no really effective treatment. This meeting is to advance the most promising approach to a safe practical therapy seen in the last 50 years. ..
- Cannabinoid Mechanisms in Human Gastrointestinal Motor and Sensory FunctionsMICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..These actions may be relevant to develop new treatments for IBS. The studies will also provide further understanding of the potential of medications like medical marijuana on stomach function that may be relevant to appetite control. ..
- Liver to Endocrine Pancreas TransdifferentiationLijun Yang; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- ALPHA 2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL IN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROMEMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Significance: This project will characterize pharmacogenetic mechanisms determining the response to clonidine through studies of candidate genes that control alpha2-adrenoreceptor function and norepinephrine transport in IBS. ..
- HEDONICS AND DIETARY INTAKE OF FATRichard Mattes; Fiscal Year: 2008..This will be explored through stable isotope tracer studies for Aim 3. The proposed work will hold important public health, clinical, commercial and basic biological implications. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF SECRETIN RECEPTOR REGULATIONMichael Shetzline; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding the events regulating this unique subclass of GPCRs may define new principles of GPCR signal modulation. In addition, this information should have significant implications for clinical gastroenterology. ..
- DIETARY OBESITYGeorge Bray; Fiscal Year: 2007..We now propose these well founded, important and exciting studies which will provide critical new insights into anatomical, physiological and molecular mechanisms by which high levels of dietary fat induce obesity. ..
- NOVEL SECRETIN RECEPTOR INTERACTING PROTEINSMichael Shetzline; Fiscal Year: 2002..This information may have significant implications for clinical gastroenterology and GI hormone function. ..
- Molecular Surgeon Symposium on Pancreatic CancerF Brunicardi; Fiscal Year: 2003..All talks will be video-taped and presented at our "The Molecular Surgeon" website for general public access. This website has been established since first symposium in 1999. ..
- Effects of insulin on the mesoaccumbens dopamine systemNICHOLAS BELLO; Fiscal Year: 2005..Insulin's modulation of food-related dopamine release may serve to increase the positive effects of palatable foods to contribute to pathological overeating and diet-induced obesity. ..
- Transdifferentiation of hepatocytesLijun Yang; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Autoimmunity of hepatocyte-derived insulin-producing*Lijun Yang; Fiscal Year: 2005..The information derived from these experiments is critical for translating the results of liver to endocrine pancreas transdifferentiation into clinical application for gene and cell based therapies aimed at curing TIDM. ..
- NPY Induced Regulation of Sympathetic NeurotransmissionTHOMAS WESTFALL; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will provide useful new information on the functional role and mechanism of action of NPY in the prejunctional regulation of sympathetic neurotransmission. ..
- Oligodendrocyte Progenitors in Spinal Cord Injury RepairDANA MCTIGUE; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Islet Transplantation - Protection by ImmunobarriersGordon Weir; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work should serve as a guide for the encapsulation and transplantation of xenogeneic islets cells or insulin-producing cells that should eventually be produced from precursor/stem cells. ..
- Insulin producing cells generated in vitro from hepatic stem cellsLijun Yang; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Food Rheology and Feeding in Lean and Obese HumansRichard Mattes; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..