Genomes and Genes
vasoactive intestinal peptide
Summary: A highly basic, 28 amino acid neuropeptide released from intestinal mucosa. It has a wide range of biological actions affecting the cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, and respiratory systems and is neuroprotective. It binds special receptors (RECEPTORS, VASOACTIVE INTESTINAL PEPTIDE).
Publications294 found, 100 shown here
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide as a new drug for treatment of primary pulmonary hypertensionVentzislav Petkov
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Vienna, Medical School, Vienna, Austria
J Clin Invest 111:1339-46. 2003..We describe a new concept for treatment of the disease using vasoactive intestinal peptide, a neuropeptide primarily functioning as a neurotransmitter that acts as a potent systemic and ..
- Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide mediates circadian rhythmicity and synchrony in mammalian clock neuronsSara J Aton
Department of Biology, One Brookings Drive, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Nat Neurosci 8:476-83. 2005..We conclude that VIP coordinates daily rhythms in the SCN and behavior by synchronizing a small population of pacemaking neurons and maintaining rhythmicity in a larger subset of neurons...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide ameliorates intestinal barrier disruption associated with Citrobacter rodentium-induced colitisV S Conlin
Division of Gastroenterology, Child and Family Research Institute, BC Children s Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 297:G735-50. 2009..Previous in vitro studies demonstrated that the neuropeptide vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) regulates epithelial paracellular permeability, and the high concentrations and close proximity ..
- Mice lacking the VIP gene show airway hyperresponsiveness and airway inflammation, partially reversible by VIPAnthony M Szema
Department of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, NY 11794 8172, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L880-6. 2006....
- The VPAC(2) receptor is essential for circadian function in the mouse suprachiasmatic nucleiAnthony J Harmar
Department of Neuroscience, University of Edinburgh, 1 George Square, United Kingdom
Cell 109:497-508. 2002The neuropeptides pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) are implicated in the photic entrainment of circadian rhythms in the suprachiasmatic nuclei (SCN)...
- Suprachiasmatic nucleus in the mouse: retinal innervation, intrinsic organization and efferent projectionsE E Abrahamson
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Brain Res 916:172-91. 2001..The organization of the mouse SCN, and its connections, are similar to that in other mammalian species...
- Immunochemical characterization of inhibitory mouse cortical neurons: three chemically distinct classes of inhibitory cellsXiangmin Xu
Systems Neurobiology Laboratories, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Comp Neurol 518:389-404. 2010..Taken together, our data reveal important chemical distinctions between mouse inhibitory cortical neurons and indicate that PV, SOM, and VIP can differentially label a majority of mouse inhibitory cortical neurons...
- Pharmacology and functions of receptors for vasoactive intestinal peptide and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide: IUPHAR review 1Anthony J Harmar
University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Br J Pharmacol 166:4-17. 2012b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) are members of a superfamily of structurally related peptide hormones that includes glucagon, glucagon-like peptides, secretin, gastric ..
- Serotonin 3A receptor subtype as an early and protracted marker of cortical interneuron subpopulationsKsenija Vucurovic
CNRS UMR 7637, Laboratoire de Neurobiologie, ESPCI ParisTech, 75005 Paris, France
Cereb Cortex 20:2333-47. 2010..The first population was characterized by the frequent expression of the vasoactive intestinal peptide and a typical bipolar/bitufted morphology, whereas the second population expressed predominantly the ..
- VPAC and PAC receptors: From ligands to functionLouise Dickson
Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh, EH8 9XD, UK
Pharmacol Ther 121:294-316. 2009b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and the pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptides (PACAPs) share 68% identity at the amino acid level and belong to the secretin peptide family...
- Therapeutic treatment of experimental colitis with regulatory dendritic cells generated with vasoactive intestinal peptideElena Gonzalez-Rey
Institute of Parasitology and Biomedicine, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Granada, Spain
Gastroenterology 131:1799-811. 2006..b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide is an immunomodulatory neuropeptide that induces regulatory DCs...
- The effects of vasoactive intestinal peptide on monocrotaline induced pulmonary hypertensive rabbits following cardiopulmonary bypass: a comparative study with isoproteronol and nitroglycerineSerdar Gunaydin
Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Cardiovasc Surg 10:138-45. 2002b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) has regulatory effects on myocardial and vasomotor functions usually demonstrated by in vitro or isolated heart studies...
- Disrupted circadian rhythms in VIP- and PHI-deficient miceChristopher S Colwell
Mental Retardation Res Ctr, Univ of California Los Angeles, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 285:R939-49. 2003The related neuropeptides vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and peptide histidine isoleucine (PHI) are expressed at high levels in the neurons of the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), but their function in the regulation of circadian ..
- Moderate pulmonary arterial hypertension in male mice lacking the vasoactive intestinal peptide geneSami I Said
Departments of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Circulation 115:1260-8. 2007b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), a pulmonary vasodilator and inhibitor of vascular smooth muscle proliferation, has been reported absent in pulmonary arteries from patients with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide protects against ischemic brain damage induced by focal cerebral ischemia in ratsJie Yang
Department of Human Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710061, China
Brain Res 1398:94-101. 2011b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) exerts neuroprotective effects under various neurotoxic conditions in vitro. In the present study, we investigated the effects of VIP on transient ischemic brain damage...
- RNA interference-directed silencing of VPAC1 receptor inhibits VIP effects on both EGFR and HER2 transactivation and VEGF secretion in human breast cancer cellsAna Valdehita
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Alcala, Alcala de Henares 28871, Spain
Mol Cell Endocrinol 348:241-6. 2012We used small-interference RNA (siRNA) to explore the mechanisms of some vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) actions on human breast cancer cells...
- VIP/PACAP preferentially attract Th2 effectors through differential regulation of chemokine production by dendritic cellsMario Delgado
Instituto de Parasitologica y Biomedicina, CSIC, Granada, Spain
FASEB J 18:1453-5. 2004The neuropeptides vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and the structurally related pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) are potent immunomodulatory agents, acting as general anti-inflammatory factors...
- Mutations in the carboxy-terminus of the third intracellular loop of the human recombinant VPAC1 receptor impair VIP-stimulated [Ca2+]i increase but not adenylate cyclase stimulationIngrid Langer
Department of Biological Chemistry and Nutrition, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Campus Erasme, Bat G E, 808 route de Lennik CP611, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Cell Signal 17:17-24. 2005..Thus, the interaction of different G proteins with the VPAC1 receptor involves different receptor sub-domains...
- Characterization of a G protein coupling "YL" motif of the human VPAC1 receptor, equivalent to the first two amino acids in the "DRY" motif of the rhodopsin familyJ W Tams
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Novozymes A S, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
J Mol Neurosci 17:325-30. 2001..By comparing vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) binding with or without the presence of GTP-gamma-S, it was found that the deltadelta G(o) for ..
- Cloning and functional expression of a human neuroendocrine vasoactive intestinal peptide receptorS P Sreedharan
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0724
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 193:546-53. 1993b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is a potent mediator of gastrointestinal, nervous, pulmonary, vascular and immune functions...
- Effects of vasoactive intestinal peptide genotype on circadian gene expression in the suprachiasmatic nucleus and peripheral organsDawn H Loh
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
J Biol Rhythms 26:200-9. 2011....
- A diversity of paracrine signals sustains molecular circadian cycling in suprachiasmatic nucleus circuitsElizabeth S Maywood
Division of Neurobiology, Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge CB2 0QH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:14306-11. 2011..is sufficient to restore cellular synchrony and amplitude of pacemaking in SCN circuits lacking vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide protects against beta-amyloid-induced neurodegeneration by inhibiting microglia activation at multiple levelsMario Delgado
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina, CSIC, Granada, Spain
Glia 56:1091-103. 2008..The vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), a widely distributed neuropeptide, has shown neuroprotective effects in acute brain damage in ..
- Enhancement of pulmonary vascular remodelling and inflammatory genes with VIP gene deletionS A Hamidi
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, State University of New York Health Sciences Center, Stony Brook, NY 11784 8172, USA
Eur Respir J 31:135-9. 2008..The present authors recently reported that mice with vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) gene disruption show a spontaneous phenotype of PAH, with pulmonary vascular remodelling and ..
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) induces malignant transformation of the human prostate epithelial cell line RWPE-1Ana B Fernández-Martínez
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Alcala, 28871 Alcala de Henares, Spain
Cancer Lett 299:11-21. 2010The carcinogenic potential of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) was analyzed in non-tumor human prostate epithelial cells (RWPE-1) and in vivo xenografts...
- Therapeutic effects of vasoactive intestinal peptide in the trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid mice model of Crohn's diseaseCatalina Abad
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Biology, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
Gastroenterology 124:961-71. 2003..b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) has recently emerged as a promising candidate for treatment of inflammatory Th1-driven diseases...
- The significance of vasoactive intestinal peptide in immunomodulationMario Delgado
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra, Calle Ventanilla 11, Granada 18001, Spain
Pharmacol Rev 56:249-90. 2004First identified by Said and Mutt some 30 years ago, the vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) was originally isolated as a vasodilator peptide...
- The innervation of parvalbumin-containing interneurons by VIP-immunopositive interneurons in the primary somatosensory cortex of the adult ratCsaba David
Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Neuroanatomy, D 79001 Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 25:2329-40. 2007..Together with metabolic and neuromodulatory effects of VIP, this would probably result in an enhanced responsiveness of the latter cell type to tactile stimuli...
- 5-HT3 receptors mediate serotonergic fast synaptic excitation of neocortical vasoactive intestinal peptide/cholecystokinin interneuronsIsabelle Ferezou
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie et Diversité Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Rechérche 7637, Ecole Superieure de Physique et Chime Industrielles de la ville de Paris, 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 22:7389-97. 2002..was expressed selectively in a subset of GABAergic interneurons coexpressing cholecystokinin (CCK) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide induces regulatory dendritic cells with therapeutic effects on autoimmune disordersAlejo Chorny
Institute of Parasitology and Biomedicine, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, 18100 Granada, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:13562-7. 2005..In this study, we report on the use of the known immunosuppressive neuropeptide, the vasoactive intestinal peptide, as a new approach to induce tolerogenic DCs with capacity to generate Tr cells, to restore tolerance ..
- Emerging roles of vasoactive intestinal peptide: a new approach for autoimmune therapyElena Gonzalez-Rey
Departamento de Bioquimica Medica y Biologia Molecular, Universidad de Sevilla, Servilla, Spain
Ann Rheum Dis 66:iii70-6. 2007..Among them, the vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), a well-characterised endogenous anti-inflammatory neuropeptide, has shown therapeutic potential ..
- Role of VPAC1 and VPAC2 in VIP mediated inhibition of rat pulmonary artery and aortic smooth muscle cell proliferationRose Claire St Hilaire
Department of Pharmacology, Tulane University School of Medicine, 1430 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Peptides 31:1517-22. 2010Recent studies have suggested the potential use of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide-null mice demonstrate enhanced sweet taste preference, dysglycemia, and reduced taste bud leptin receptor expressionBronwen Martin
National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Diabetes 59:1143-52. 2010..evidence implicates gut-related hormones in taste perception, including glucagon-like peptide 1 and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)...
- Release of regulatory gut peptides somatostatin, neurotensin and vasoactive intestinal peptide by acid and hyperosmolal solutions in the intestine in conscious ratsT Rudholm
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden
Regul Pept 152:8-12. 2009..solutions on the release of the inhibitory gut peptides somatostatin (SOM), neurotensin (NT) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) was studied in conscious rats during pentagastrin-stimulated gastric acid secretion...
- Inhibition of CD26/DPP IV attenuates ischemia/reperfusion injury in orthotopic mouse lung transplants: the pivotal role of vasoactive intestinal peptideWolfgang Jungraithmayr
Division of Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Zurich, Raemistr 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Peptides 31:585-91. 2010..Furthermore, preservation of endogenous intragraft VIP levels correlate with maintaining lung function and structural integrity...
- Serum levels of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in patients with adenocarcinomas of the gastrointestinal tractM Hejna
Division of Oncology, University of Vienna, Austria
Anticancer Res 21:1183-7. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: As opposed to pancreatic cancer and healthy controls, patients in our series had elevated serum VIP-levels. Further studies are warranted to evaluate whether VIP can be used as a tumor marker in this disease...
- Breaking human cytomegalovirus major immediate-early gene silence by vasoactive intestinal peptide stimulation of the protein kinase A-CREB-TORC2 signaling cascade in human pluripotent embryonal NTera2 cellsJinxiang Yuan
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Virol 83:6391-403. 2009..HCMV-infected human pluripotent embryonal NTera2 cells (NT2) to model HCMV reactivation, we show that vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), an immunomodulatory neuropeptide, immediately and dose-dependently (1 to 500 nM) activates HCMV ..
- Immunology of VIP: a review and therapeutical perspectivesR P Gomariz
Dept Cell Biology, Faculty of Biology, Complutense University, Madrid 28040, Spain
Curr Pharm Des 7:89-111. 2001b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is a neuropeptide with a broad distribution in the body that exerts very important pleiotropic functions in several systems. The present work reviews the immunology of VIP...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)/pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide receptor subtypes in mouse calvarial osteoblasts: presence of VIP-2 receptors and differentiation-induced expression of VIP-1 receptorsP Lundberg
Department of Odontology, Oral Cell Biology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Endocrinology 142:339-47. 2001Three distinct complementary DNAs for vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide (PACAP) receptors have been cloned and designated VIP-1 receptor (VIP-1R), VIP-2 receptor (VIP-2R), and PACAP ..
- Pharmacological inhibition of VIP signaling enhances antiviral immunity and improves survival in murine cytomegalovirus-infected allogeneic bone marrow transplant recipientsJian Ming Li
Department of Hematology Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Blood 121:2347-51. 2013..b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) suppresses Th1 immunity...
- Molecular and electrophysiological characterization of GFP-expressing CA1 interneurons in GAD65-GFP miceCorette J Wierenga
Department of Cellular and Systems Neurobiolgy, Max Planck Institute of Neurobiology, Martinsried, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e15915. 2010..The majority of them expresses either reelin (70±2%) or vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP; 15±2%), while expression of parvalbumin and somatostatin is virtually absent...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide antagonist retards the development of neonatal behaviors in the ratJ M Hill
Peptide Design, Germantown, MD 20874
Peptides 12:187-92. 1991..Cotreatment with VIP prevented the antagonist-induced delay. These results suggest that VIP activity is important in the development of select complex motor behaviors...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide: a neuropeptide with pleiotropic immune functionsMario Delgado
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina, IPBLN CSIC, Granada, Spain
Amino Acids 45:25-39. 2013b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), a 28-amino acid neuropeptide/neurotransmitter, is widely distributed in both the central and peripheral nervous system. VIP is released by both neurons and immune cells...
- Isolation of a neuropeptide corresponding to the N-terminal 27 residues of the pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide with 38 residues (PACAP38)A Miyata
U S Japan Biomedical Research Laboratories, Tulane University Hebert Center, Belle Chasse, LA 70037
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 170:643-8. 1990..Moreover PACAP27 which shows a considerable homology with vasoactive intestinal polypeptide (VIP) demonstrated a similar vasodepressor activity as VIP, but the adenylate cyclase stimulating activity was about 1000 times greater than VIP...
- Immunomodulatory roles of VIP and PACAP in models of multiple sclerosisCatalina Abad
The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human and Department of Psychiatry, The David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Curr Pharm Des 17:1025-35. 2011..In this review, the immunomodulatory actions of VIP and PACAP will be discussed, with particular emphasis on their potential significance in MS...
- RNA sensors in human osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts: immune regulation by vasoactive intestinal peptideMar Carrión
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, and Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Arthritis Rheum 63:1626-36. 2011..An additional goal was to study the effect of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP).
- Activation of CFTR trafficking and gating by vasoactive intestinal peptide in human bronchial epithelial cellsFei Qu
Department of Physiology, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410078, China
J Cell Biochem 112:902-8. 2011....
- VPAC1 (vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) receptor type 1) G protein-coupled receptor mediation of VIP enhancement of murine experimental colitisMahesh Yadav
Department of Medicine, University of California Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cell Immunol 267:124-32. 2011Distinct roles of the two T cell G protein-coupled receptors for vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), termed VPAC1 and VPAC2, in VIP regulation of autoimmune diseases were investigated in the dextran sodium sulfate (DSS)-induced murine ..
- The vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor turnover in pulmonary arteries indicates an important role for VIP in the rat lung circulationVentzislav Petkov
Medical University Vienna, KIM 1, Institute of Cancer Research, Borschkegasse 8a, A 1090 Wien, Austria
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1070:481-3. 2006b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is a potent vasorelaxing peptide that plays a role in lung physiology and possibly in pulmonary hypertension. We investigated the turnover of the VIP receptors on rat pulmonary arteries ex vivo...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide prevents activated microglia-induced neurodegeneration under inflammatory conditions: potential therapeutic role in brain traumaMario Delgado
Department of Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey, USA
FASEB J 17:1922-4. 2003..b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is a neuropeptide with a potent anti-inflammatory effect, which has been found to protect from ..
- The vasoactive intestinal peptide-receptor system is involved in human glioblastoma cell migrationStéphanie Cochaud
Institut de Physiologie et Biologie Cellulaires, Universite de Poitiers, CNRS, 40 Avenue du Recteur Pineau, Poitiers F 86022, France
Neuropeptides 44:373-83. 2010..This cancer has an infiltrative nature and the median survival of patients is about one year. Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) belongs to a structurally related family of polypeptides and is a major regulatory factor in the ..
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide reduces oxidative stress in pancreatic acinar cells through the inhibition of NADPH oxidaseNao Fujimori
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Peptides 32:2067-76. 2011b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) attenuates experimental acute pancreatitis (AP) by inhibition of cytokine production from inflammatory cells...
- Selective responses of myenteric neurons to oxidative stress and diabetic stimuliE Voukali
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London, UK
Neurogastroenterol Motil 23:964-e411. 2011..Diabetes has a differential effect on different subpopulations of myenteric neurons. Our aim was to investigate an in vitro model to examine the pathways underlying the development of nerve changes in diabetes...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide loss leads to impaired CNS parenchymal T-cell infiltration and resistance to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisCatalina Abad
The Semel Institute and Department of Psychiatry, The David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19555-60. 2010The neuropeptide vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) has been shown to inhibit macrophage proinflammatory actions, promote a positive Th2/Th1 balance, and stimulate regulatory T-cell production...
- (N-stearyl, norleucine17)VIPhybrid is a broad spectrum vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor antagonistTerry W Moody
National Cancer Institute, Medicine Branch, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
J Mol Neurosci 18:29-35. 2002The effects of a (N-stearyl, Norleucine17) vasoactive intestinal peptide hybrid ((SN)VIPhybrid) on cells stably transfected with VPAC,, VPAC2, or PAC1 receptors were investigated...
- Identification of key residues for interaction of vasoactive intestinal peptide with human VPAC1 and VPAC2 receptors and development of a highly selective VPAC1 receptor agonist. Alanine scanning and molecular modeling of the peptideP Nicole
Unité INSERM U410 de Neuroendocrinologie et Biologie Cellulaire Digestives, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Paris, 75018, France
J Biol Chem 275:24003-12. 2000The widespread neuropeptide vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) has two receptors VPAC(1) and VPAC(2)...
- Novel association between vasoactive intestinal peptide and CRTH2 receptor in recruiting eosinophils: a possible biochemical mechanism for allergic eosinophilic inflammation of the airwaysAmr E El-Shazly
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Liege University Hospital Centre hospitalier Universaitaire C H U, 4000 Liege, Belgium
J Biol Chem 288:1374-84. 2013We explored the relation between vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), CRTH2, and eosinophil recruitment...
- Neuroprotective potential of three neuropeptides PACAP, VIP and PHIAgnieszka Dejda
Centre for Medical Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Lodowa 106, PL 93 232 Łódź, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 57:307-20. 2005Pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide (PACAP), vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and peptide histidine-isoleucine (PHI), are structurally related endogenous peptides widely expressed in the central and peripheral nervous ..
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide inhibit chemokine production in activated microgliaMario Delgado
Department of Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey 07102, USA
Glia 39:148-61. 2002..b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) are two structurally related ..
- Signaling mechanisms of vasoactive intestinal peptide in inflammatory conditionsAlejo Chorny
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina, CSIC, Avd Conocimiento, PT Ciencias de la Salud, Granada 18100, Spain
Regul Pept 137:67-74. 2006The vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is a neuropeptide belonging to the secretin/glucagon family of peptides, which exerts a wide spectrum of immunological functions controlling the homeostasis of immune system through different ..
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide family as a therapeutic target for Parkinson's diseaseElena Gonzalez-Rey
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina, CSIC, Avd Conocimiento sn, PT Ciencias de la Salud, Granada, Spain
Expert Opin Ther Targets 9:923-9. 2005..b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), a neuropeptide with a potent anti-inflammatory, antiapoptotic and neurotrophic effect, has been ..
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide in the brain of a mouse model for Down syndromeJoanna M Hill
Section on Developmental and Molecular Pharmacology, NICHD, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Exp Neurol 183:56-65. 2003..Recent data link vasoactive intestinal peptide malfunction with developmental delays and cognitive deficits...
- 99mTc labeled VIP analog: evaluation for imaging colorectal cancerP S Rao
Thomas Jefferson University, Department of Radiology, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Nucl Med Biol 28:445-50. 2001..Colorectal cancer cells express Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide (VIP) receptors in high density...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide balances pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines in the Pseudomonas aeruginosa-infected cornea and protects against corneal perforationElizabeth A Szliter
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Immunol 178:1105-14. 2007..To determine whether vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) played a role in development of the resistant response, protein expression levels were tested by ..
- Expression localisation and functional activity of pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide, vasoactive intestinal polypeptide and their receptors in mouse ovaryMarzia Barberi
Department of Histology and Medical Embriology, La Sapienza University of Rome, Via A Scarpa, 14, Rome 00161, Italy
Reproduction 134:281-92. 2007..Moreover, the presence of PACAP/VIP receptors in the untreated ovary suggests a possible role for PACAP and VIP during follicle development...
- Highly conserved aspartate 68, tryptophane 73 and glycine 109 in the N-terminal extracellular domain of the human VIP receptor are essential for its ability to bind VIPA Couvineau
Unité de Neuroendocrinologie et Biologie Cellulaire Digestives, INSERM U 410, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, Paris, France
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 206:246-52. 1995....
- Inhibition of endotoxin-induced macrophage chemokine production by VIP and PACAP in vitro and in vivoM Delgado
Rutgers University, Newark, NJ, USA
Arch Physiol Biochem 109:377-82. 2001..Peptides such as vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP), released following antigenic ..
- VIP and PACAPJan Fahrenkrug
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Bispebjerg Hospital, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, 2400, Copenhagen, NV, Denmark
Results Probl Cell Differ 50:221-34. 2010..All peptides are present in tissue, the dominating form being PACAP 38. Prohormone convertase (PC) 1 and 2 seem to be involved in the processing of PACAP, except in the testes and ovary, where the PACAP precursor is substrate for PC4...
- Vasoactive intestinal polypeptide requires parallel changes in adenylate cyclase and phospholipase C to entrain circadian rhythms to a predictable phaseSungwon An
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130 4899, USA
J Neurophysiol 105:2289-96. 2011..We conclude that VIP entrains circadian timing among SCN neurons through rapid and parallel changes in adenylate cyclase and phospholipase C activities...
- Gastroprotective mechanisms of Citrus lemon (Rutaceae) essential oil and its majority compounds limonene and β-pinene: involvement of heat-shock protein-70, vasoactive intestinal peptide, glutathione, sulfhydryl compounds, nitric oxide and prostaglandin EAriane Leite Rozza
Morphology Department, Biosciences Institute, Univ Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Chem Biol Interact 189:82-9. 2011..CL gastroprotective mechanism is involved with PGE₂. PIN did not present gastroprotective activity...
- Absence of vasoactive intestinal peptide expression in hematopoietic cells enhances Th1 polarization and antiviral immunity in miceJian Ming Li
Department of Hematology Oncology, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Immunol 187:1057-65. 2011b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) induces regulatory dendritic cells (DC) in vitro that inhibit cellular immune responses...
- Select cognitive deficits in vasoactive intestinal peptide deficient miceDipesh Chaudhury
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California Los Angeles, 760 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, California 90024 1759, USA
BMC Neurosci 9:63. 2008The neuropeptide vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is widely distributed in the adult central nervous system where this peptide functions to regulate synaptic transmission and neural excitability...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activation polypeptide (PACAP) protect mice from lethal endotoxemia through the inhibition of TNF-alpha and IL-6M Delgado
Department of Cellular Biology, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
J Immunol 162:1200-5. 1999The neuropeptides vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) down-regulate cytokine production...
- Emerging therapies for the treatment of pulmonary hypertensionKurt R Stenmark
Developmental Lung Biology Laboratory, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 11:S85-90. 2010..Rho kinase inhibitors, vasodilator peptides (such as vasoactive intestinal peptide and adrenomedullin), and endothelial nitric oxide synthase coupling agents (cicletanine) have been ..
- Serotonin and vasoactive intestinal peptide antagonists attenuate rotavirus diarrhoeaS Kordasti
Department of Virology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, 172 82 Solna, Sweden
Gut 53:952-7. 2004..We now report that antagonists for the 5-hydroxytryptamine 3 receptor (5-HT(3)) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) receptor, but not antagonists for 5-hydroxytryptamine 4 receptor or the muscarinic receptor, ..
- Neuropeptides activate human mast cell degranulation and chemokine productionMarianna Kulka
National Research Council Canada, Room 432, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PE, Canada
Immunology 123:398-410. 2008..These results are likely to have direct relevance to neuronally induced inflammatory diseases...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide fibers innervate neuroendocrine dopaminergic neuronsL M Gerhold
Department of Biological Science, Program in Neuroscience, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306, USA
Brain Res 919:48-56. 2001..Using antibodies directed against vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) the rate-limiting enzyme in dopamine synthesis, fine VIP fibers in ..
- Distribution of vasoactive intestinal peptide and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide receptors (VPAC1, VPAC2, and PAC1 receptor) in the rat brainKyeung Min Joo
Department of Anatomy, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 799, Korea
J Comp Neurol 476:388-413. 2004..We hope that this first demonstration of the distributions of the VIP/PACAP receptors provides data useful in the investigation of the mechanisms of the many functions of VIP and PACAP in the brain, which require further elucidation...
- Immunomodulation of innate immune responses by vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP): its therapeutic potential in inflammatory diseaseS G R Smalley
School of Veterinary Medicine and Science, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Sutton Bonington, Leicestershire, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 157:225-34. 2009Since the late 1970s a number of laboratories have studied the role of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in inflammation and immunity...
- VIP and PACAP: recent insights into their functions/roles in physiology and disease from molecular and genetic studiesTerry W Moody
Department of Health and Human Services, National Cancer Institute Office of the Director, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 18:61-7. 2011b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) as well as the three classes of G-protein-coupled receptors mediating their effects, are widely distributed in the central nervous system (..
- Corticotropin releasing factor-distribution in rat intestine and role in neuroprotectionElin Sand
Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Regul Pept 166:68-75. 2011..neurons from rat ileum and to examine if additions of CRF, urocortin 1 (Ucn1), CRF antagonist or vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) affect neuronal survival in vitro...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide and regulatory T-cell induction: a new mechanism and therapeutic potential for immune homeostasisElena Gonzalez-Rey
Departamento de Bioquimica Medica y Biologia Molecular, Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla 41009, Spain
Trends Mol Med 13:241-51. 2007..Recent evidence indicates that vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), an anti-inflammatory neuropeptide with therapeutic potential in various immune disorders, ..
- New formulation of vasoactive intestinal peptide using liposomes in hyaluronic acid gel for uveitisLaure Lajavardi
Univ Paris Sud 11, Physico chimie Pharmacotechnie Biopharmacie, Faculte de Pharmacie, F 92296 Chatenay Malabry, France
J Control Release 139:22-30. 2009We evaluated the benefits of a novel formulation of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) based on the incorporation of VIP-loaded rhodamine-conjugated liposomes (VIP-Rh-Lip) within hyaluronic acid (HA) gel (Gel-VIP-Rh-Lip) for the ..
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) treatment of Parkinsonian rats increases thalamic gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) levels and alters the release of nerve growth factor (NGF) by mast cellsOrhan Tansel Korkmaz
Department of Physiology, Medical Faculty, Eskisehir Osmangazi University, 26480, Eskisehir, Turkey
J Mol Neurosci 41:278-87. 2010..In a previous study, we found that systemically administered vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) was effective at reversing the motor deficits (but not the decline in striatal dopamine levels) ..
- Inhibition of endotoxin-induced macrophage chemokine production by vasoactive intestinal peptide and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide in vitro and in vivoM Delgado
Department of Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, 101 Warren Street, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
J Immunol 167:966-75. 2001..Neuropeptides such as vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP), released after antigenic ..
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide is critical for circadian regulation of glucocorticoidsDawn H Loh
Semel Institute for Neuroscience, Mental Retardation Research Center, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, Calif 90024 1759, USA
Neuroendocrinology 88:246-55. 2008..A variety of recent evidence indicates that the neuropeptide vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is critical for normal functioning of the SCN...
- c-Maf and JunB mediation of Th2 differentiation induced by the type 2 G protein-coupled receptor (VPAC2) for vasoactive intestinal peptideJulia Voice
Departments of Medicine and Microbiology Immunology, Medical Center, University of California San Francisco, 533 Parnassus at 4th, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Immunol 172:7289-96. 2004b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide and its G protein-coupled receptors, VPAC(1) and VPAC(2), regulate critical aspects of innate and adaptive immunity...
- The vasoactive intestinal peptide gene is a key modulator of pulmonary vascular remodeling and inflammationSami I Said
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, SUNY Health Sciences Center, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8172, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1144:148-53. 2008..Based on studies in a model of PAH resulting from targeted deletion of the neuropeptide vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) gene, we propose that, at least in this experimental model, but possibly also in other ..
- Involvement of endothelial NO in the dilator effect of VIP on rat isolated pulmonary artery- Anaid Shahbazian
Institute of Cancer Research, University Clinic of Internal Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Borschkegasse 8a, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Regul Pept 139:102-8. 2007..b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), a 28-amino acid neuropeptide, relaxes the rat pulmonary artery, but there is controversy as to ..
- VIP and PACAP inhibit IL-12 production in LPS-stimulated macrophages. Subsequent effect on IFNgamma synthesis by T cellsM Delgado
Department of Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ 07102 1811, USA
J Neuroimmunol 96:167-81. 1999..This study examines the effect of two neuropeptides, vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide (PACAP), on interleukin-12 (IL-12) ..
- The neuropeptide vasoactive intestinal peptide generates tolerogenic dendritic cellsMario Delgado
Department of Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ 07102, USA
J Immunol 175:7311-24. 2005..In this report, we present evidence that two known immunosuppressive neuropeptides, the vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and the pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP), contribute to the ..
- Biological pathway-based genome-wide association analysis identified the vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) pathway important for obesityYong Jun Liu
University of Missouri Kansas City, School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 18:2339-46. 2010..Among all of the pathways analyzed, the vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) pathway was most strongly associated with fat mass (nominal P = 0...
- Therapeutical approaches of vasoactive intestinal peptide as a pleiotropic immunomodulatorElena Gonzalez-Rey
Instituto de Parasitologia y Biomedicina Lopez Neyra CSIC, Granada, Spain
Curr Pharm Des 13:1113-39. 2007The vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) are two neuropeptides belonging to the VIP/secretin/glucagon family of peptides...
- N-terminal splice variants of the type I PACAP receptor: isolation, characterization and ligand binding/selectivity determinantsF M Dautzenberg
Pharma Division, Preclinical Research, F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Basel, Switzerland
J Neuroendocrinol 11:941-9. 1999..These data indicate that residues 53-88 within the N-terminal domain of the PAC1 are important for high affinity ligand binding, whereas residues 89-109 determine the receptor's ligand selectivity...
- Neuroprotection: a comparative view of vasoactive intestinal peptide and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptideDouglas E Brenneman
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Welsh and McKean Roads, Spring House, PA 19477, USA
Peptides 28:1720-6. 2007The neuroprotective properties of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) place these peptides in a special category of ligands that have implications for our understanding of ..
- Differential signal transduction by five splice variants of the PACAP receptorD Spengler
CNRS UPR 9023, Mecanismes Moleculaires des Communications Cellulaires, CCIPE, Montpellier, France
Nature 365:170-5. 1993..Expression of these cDNAs revealed altered patterns of adenylyl cyclase and phospholipase C stimulation, suggesting a novel mechanism for fine tuning of signal transduction...
- Cortical GABA interneurons in neurovascular coupling: relays for subcortical vasoactive pathwaysBruno Cauli
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie et Diversité Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 7637, Ecole Superieure de Physique et de Chimie Industrielles de la Ville de Paris, 75005 Paris, France
J Neurosci 24:8940-9. 2004..Identification of vasomotor interneurons by single-cell RT-mPCR revealed expression of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) or nitric oxide synthase (NOS) in interneurons inducing dilatation and somatostatin (SOM) in ..
- Inhaled vasoactive intestinal peptide exerts immunoregulatory effects in sarcoidosisAntje Prasse
Department of Pneumology, University Hospital, Freiburg, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:540-8. 2010Previous studies suggest an important immunoregulatory role of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in experimental models of chronic noninfectious inflammation...
- Region-specific changes in the immunoreactivity of vasoactive intestinal peptide and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide receptors (VPAC2, and PAC1 receptor) in the aged rat brainsJae Chul Lee
Department of Anatomy, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 799, Korea
Brain Res 1351:32-40. 2010Pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide (PACAP) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) have been implicated in a large array of physiological and patho-physiological processes through their receptors (VPAC(1), VPAC(2), and PAC(1) ..
- Tuning immune tolerance with vasoactive intestinal peptide: a new therapeutic approach for immune disordersDavid Pozo
Departamento de Bioquimica Medica y Biologia Molecular, Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla 41009, Spain
Peptides 28:1833-46. 2007..The vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is a well-characterized endogenous anti-inflammatory neuropeptide with therapeutic potential for ..
- VIP differentially activates beta2 integrins, CR1, and matrix metalloproteinase-9 in human monocytes through cAMP/PKA, EPAC, and PI-3K signaling pathways via VIP receptor type 1 and FPRL1Nabil El Zein
Hemato Oncology Unit and Laboratory of Pediatric Oncology, Hopital Universitaire des Enfants, Brussels, Belgium
J Leukoc Biol 83:972-81. 2008The neuropeptide vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) regulates the exocytosis of secretory granules in a wide variety of cells of neuronal and non-neuronal origin...
- Photoperiod Brain and BehaviorRandy J Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Modulation of subcortical visual information processingCHARLES LEROY COX; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this proposal we will determine the influence of these specific neuropeptides (vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), substance P (SP), and cholecystokinin (CCK)) on synaptic transmission in thalamocortical ..
- Neuropeptides and Regulatory T cellsDoina Ganea; Fiscal Year: 2013..We showed previously that dendritic cells (DC) differentiated in the presence of the neuropeptide vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) become tolerogenic, and induce regulatory T cells (Treg)...
- Modulation of subcortical visual information processingCharles Cox; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this proposal we will determine the influence of these neuropeptides (vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), substance P (SP), and cholecystokinin (CCK)) on synaptic transmission in thalamocortical ..
- Phospholipid Nanocarriers Improve Chemotherapy by Targeted Drug DeliveryHayat Onyuksel; Fiscal Year: 2010..and exploits the attributes of sterically stabilized mixed micelles (SSMM) with surface-grafted vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)...
- Social and Motivational Properties of Vasoactive Intestinal Polypeptide CircuitsJames L Goodson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Such processes are poorly understood, but are of clear relevance to mental health. ..
- Long-acting VIP formulations for the treatment of chronic inflammatory diseasesSandra Reichstetter; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is an immunomodulatory peptide that induces regulatory T-cells and anti-inflammatory cytokine ..
- Regeneration of periodontal structures through the recruitment of regulatory lympANDREW JASON GLOWACKI; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our preliminary data shows treatment with vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) up-regulates the expression of endogenous Treg recruiting chemokine CCL-22 in gingival tissues ..
- Corneal endothelial cell survival in human donor corneas for transplantationShay Whey M Koh; Fiscal Year: 2012..Previously, We have reported how a CE autocrine trophic factor, the 28 amino-acid vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) maintains the differentiated state of the corneal endothelium, including CE cell size, shape, ..
- ALTERATION WITH AGE OF RESISTANCE TO EYE INFECTIONSLinda D Hazlett; Fiscal Year: 2013..role of the pro- inflammatory neuropeptide, Substance P (SP) and the anti-inflammatory neuropeptide, vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in regulation of inflammation, innate immunity and restoration of corneal homeostasis...
- Neuropeptide modulation of C. elegans light avoidance circuitryDEBTIRTHO DIPON GHOSH; Fiscal Year: 2013..While PDF and its homolog Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide (VIP) mediate the circadian clock in insects and mammals, respectively, PDF function in worms is ..
- Mechanisms Underlying Activity-Dependent Interneuron DevelopmentNATALIA VANESA DE MARCO GARCIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..indicates that the radial migration and morphological development of calretinin and reelin but not vasoactive intestinal peptide interneurons, the major subtypes derived from the caudal ganglionic eminence (CGE), are activity-..
- CELLULAR BASIS OF CIRCADIAN RHYTHMS IN MAMMALSERIK HERZOG; Fiscal Year: 2013..This project examines the role of specific neurons and signaling molecules in the circadian regulation of neural activity and gene expression in and between brain areas and in locomotor and sensory function. ..
- Community-Based, Phase III Trial of acupuncture to treat chronic XerostomiaLorenzo Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Examine the role of expectancy for the benefits of acupuncture in predicting outcomes. The role of expectancy as a moderator of the effects of treatment will be thoroughly examined. ..
- HETEROCHROMATIN RECRUITMENT OF THE VPAC1 LOCUS BY IKAROSGlenn Paul Dorsam; Fiscal Year: 2010..is to investigate the molecular mechanisms governing Ikaros-mediated transcriptional regulation of vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor - 1 (VPACR-1) in T lymphocytes...
- Eosinophil trafficking in fungal allergic asthmaGlenn Paul Dorsam; Fiscal Year: 2013..recruitment and trafficking of eosinophils in the lung lumen to signaling by a neuropeptide called vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)...
- Vasoactive intestinal peptide for the treatment of psoriasisSandra Reichstetter; Fiscal Year: 2013..We are proposing to formulate the immunomodulatory neuropeptide vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) into a long-acting formulation that will be tested as a drug candidate for the treatment of ..
- The role of VIP in the Circadian Regulation of Cardiovascular RhythmsANALYNE M SCHROEDER; Fiscal Year: 2011..The neuropeptide, Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide (VIP), is expressed in the SCN and is implicated in coordinating cellular oscillators...
- NEUROENDOCRINE CONTROL OF SMALL INTESTINAL MOTILITYThomas Nowak; Fiscal Year: 1990..Ultimately, this study will help to better understand the pathophysiology of motor abnormalities such as intestinal pseudoobstruction, paralytic ileus, and diabetic enteropathy...
- NEUROENDOCRINE ETIOLOGY OF DIABETIC GASTROPATHYThomas Nowak; Fiscal Year: 1999..Ultimately, the results of these investigations will improve not only the understanding of diabetic gastropathy, but also the treatment of patients with this disorder. ..
- VIP AND EGF RECEPTORS IN NON-SMALL CELL LUNG CANCERTerry Moody; Fiscal Year: 1991..These studies will further define the cell surface receptors present on lung cancer cells and aid in determining if these receptors can be utilized to develop novel therapeutic approaches for the treatment of lung cancer...
- Intrinsic Anatomy of the Circadian Rhythm SystemLAWRENCE MORIN; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results will provide the anatomical framework necessary for interpretation of future physiological and molecular experiments. ..
- 8th International Symposium for VIP, PACAP & Related PeptidesVictor May; Fiscal Year: 2007..Pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide (PACAP) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) are members of a superfamily composed of six genes encoding nine bioactive peptides...
- TACHYKININS & ARTERIAL CHEMORECEPTOR EXCITATIONNanduri Prabhakar; Fiscal Year: 1992..This proposal may also yield information of potential use in the treatment of hypoxemia and hypercarbia which are major problems in chronic obstructive lung diseases...
- Functions of distinct interneuron subtypes in cortical dynamics and behaviorAdam Kepecs; Fiscal Year: 2013..to study three non-overlapping classes of interneurons: the parvalbumin (PV), somatostain (SOM), and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) positive cells using knock-in Cre-driver lines, each with distinct functions...
- GONADAL AND PHENOTYPIC SEX DIFFERENTIATIONFREDRICK GEORGE; Fiscal Year: 1993..They plan to extend the observation that vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) stimulates steroidogenesis in the rat to other species, at least the rabbit, and then determine ..
- Volume Regulatory Pathways in Cystic Fibrosis MiceWon Kyoo Cho; Fiscal Year: 2003..to isolate IBDU from normal mouse yielded intact polarized functional IBDU that responds to secretin, vasoactive intestinal peptide, and DBcAMP/IBMX. Similar IBDUs were also isolated from CF mice but need further characterization...
- NEUROTRANSMITTERS AND CYTOKINES IN TOOTH MOVEMENTZEEV DAVIDOVITCH; Fiscal Year: 1992..The specific aims are to: 1) localize the neuropeptides substance P, vasoactive intestinal peptide, methionine-enkephalin, calcitonin gene- related peptide and the cytokines Interleukin 1 alpha, 1 beta,..
- NEUROPEPTIDE RECEPTORS IN OCULAR AND PERIPHERAL TISSUESSteven Rosenzweig; Fiscal Year: 1992The long range objective of this proposal is to analyze the structure and function of the receptors for vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and insulin in retinal and hepatic membranes...
- NEUROIMMUNOMODULATION IN HUMAN GUT MUCOSAPeter Anton; Fiscal Year: 1993..to determine which subsets express surface receptors for the neuropeptides Substance P (SP) and/or Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide (VIP)...
- NEUROIMMUNOMODULATION WITHIN THE EYEAndrew Taylor; Fiscal Year: 1999..They are the neuropeptides alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone (alpha- MSH), and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), along with transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta)...
- IMMUNE EFFECTOR VASOACTIVE INTESTINAL PEPTIDE RECEPTORSM O DORISIO; Fiscal Year: 1991..b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is a 28 amino acid neuromodulator found in high concentrations in both central and peripheral ..
- CHLORIDE CHANNELS IN A MODEL EPITHELIUM--GALLBLADDERARTHUR FINN; Fiscal Year: 1991..and since it can be changed to a secreting organ by stimuli (such as inflammation, prostaglandins, vasoactive intestinal peptide, cholera toxin) which also lead to a secretory response in the intestine...
- NEUROCHEMISTRY OF GESTATION-PRODUCED ANALGESIAAlan R Gintzler; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Cutaneous Vasodilation in HumansCHRISTOPHER MINSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..Of these potential vasodilator substances, a role for vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and adenosine in active cutaneous vasodilation appears likely and are specifically targeted in ..
- HYPOTHALAMIC CONTROL OF PROLACTIN SECRETIONJAMES VOOGT; Fiscal Year: 2001..Another major player may be vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), recognized as a neuromodulator of PRL, secretion and dominant peptide in the suprachiasmatic ..
- VIP, VIP RECEPTORS AND THE INTESTINAL EPITHELIAL CELLToan Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 1992The effects of vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) on intestinal secretion have been well characterized...
- FUNCTION OF AMACRINE CELLS IN MAMMALIAN RETINARalph Jensen; Fiscal Year: 1991..The specific aims of this project are: (1) to understand the role the neurotransmitter vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) plays in the formation of the receptive fields of ganglion cells; (2) to study the functional ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF THE VIP RECEPTOR IN THE LUNGSudhir Paul; Fiscal Year: 1992The objectives are: (1) To solubilize functional receptors for vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) from the lung; (2) To raise monoclonal anti-receptor antibody; (3) To purify the receptor and analyze its structure; (4) To demonstrate ..
- REGULATION OF IMMUNITY TO HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUSJohn Sheridan; Fiscal Year: 1990..Experimental studies have also demonstrated that neuropeptides (NP) such as vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), somatostatin (SOM), substance P (SP), gastrin-releasing peptide (GRP) can affect lymphocyte ..
- LANGERHANS CELLS AND NERVES: BIDIRECTIONAL SIGNALINGRichard Granstein; Fiscal Year: 2009..calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), pituitary adenylate activating polypeptide (PACAP), and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP)] are all able to modulate cutaneous immune responses in vivo and in vitro...
- IN VITRO INTERACTIONS BETWEEN CIRCADIAN CLOCK AFFERENTSRebecca Prosser; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- MECHANISMS OF PEPSINOGEN SECRETION FROM CHIEF CELLSJean Pierre Raufman; Fiscal Year: 1990..These cells have been used to determine that changes in cAMP mediate the actions of secretin, vasoactive intestinal peptide, prostaglandins, and cholera toxin, whereas changes in cell calcium concentration play a role in ..
- PRENATAL POLYDRUG EXPOSURE & CARDIOVASCULAR DEVELOPMENTLena Sun; Fiscal Year: 1999..alters its modulation by cholinergic neurotransmitters and autonomic neuropeptides, neuropeptide Y and vasoactive intestinal peptide; (2) enhances the presynaptic sympathetic neural development and function and (3) modifies postnatal ..
- VIP AND NO IN AIRWAY INFLAMMATION AND ASTHMASAMI SAID; Fiscal Year: 2000..The proposal will test the following specific hypotheses regarding two transmitters, vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and nitric oxide (NO): 1) As cotransmitters of non-adrenergic, non-cholinergic relaxation, VIP ..
- HIV GP120 EFFECTS ON NEUROTRANSMISSIONRICHARD ZIEGLER; Fiscal Year: 1993..1) the induction of the synthesis of the neuromodulatory second messenger molecule, cAMP, by vasoactive intestinal peptide, a neuropeptide found in nerve terminals within the cerebral cortex hippocampus, amygdaloid nucleus ..
- HORMONAL REGULATION OF NEURONAL ONTOGENYRobert Hamill; Fiscal Year: 1993..Do hormones interact directly with the neuron? 2) Do hormones regulate neuropeptide Y (NPY) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) in pelvic ganglia? These two peptides are integrally involved in reproductive and excretory ..
- VIP--A MEDIATOR OF NEUROIMMUNE INTERACTIONSDoina Ganea; Fiscal Year: 2000..neuropeptides such as substance P stimulate immune functions, whereas other neuropeptides such as the vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) exert primarily an anti-inflammatory action...
- Multiscale Modeling & Analysis of Circadian Rhythm Generation & SynchronizationLinda Petzold; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypothesis is that the coupling of individual pacemaker neurons is mediated by the neurotransmitter vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) prevalent in the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN)...
- Phenotype analysis of tyrosine hydroxylase neurons in rat and human corticesSTEPHEN ASMUS; Fiscal Year: 2009..The developmental coexpression of TH with GABA, vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), and the cholinergic enzyme choline acetyltransferase (ChAT) will be assessed...
- REGULATION OF THE RAT VIP RECEPTOR GENELin Pei; Fiscal Year: 2000b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) is a 28 amino acid polypeptide with a broad spectrum of biological functions. The effects of VIP are mediated by high affinity receptors...
- ELECTRICAL & BIOCHEMICAL STUDIES OF PROLACTIN SECRETIONAILEEN RITCHIE; Fiscal Year: 1990..The secretion of prolactin from these cells is enhanced by thyrotropin releasing hormone, vasoactive intestinal peptide and estrogen and inhibited by somatostatin and acetylcholine...
- NO AND VIP IN GASTRIC MOTILITY USING KNOCKOUT MICEHiroshi Mashimo; Fiscal Year: 1999..This proposal uses mice with gene-targeted disruption of nitric oxide synthases (NOS) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) to understand their inhibitory role in gut neurotransmission and motility...
- VISUAL CORTEX: CELLULAR BASIS FOR NORADRENERGIC ACTIONSChiye Aoki; Fiscal Year: 1993..BAR) or one of four other putative transmitters, acetylcholine (Ach), GABA, neuropeptide Y (NPY) and vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) will be examined...
- IMAGING COLORECTAL CANCER WITH TC 99M VIPMathew Thakur; Fiscal Year: 1999..propose to test the feasibility of developing a radiopharmaceutical based on Tc-99m-labeled vasoactive intestinal peptide for receptor-specific uptake on tumors with over-expression, as further described by their abstract: "..
- Modulation of Lung Inflammation and Cell Death by VIPSAMI SAID; Fiscal Year: 2006..2) Excitotic mechanisms are a major pathogenic factor in cell death due to oxidant stress; and 3) Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and the related pituitary adenylate cyclase activating peptide (PACAP) can effectively reduce or ..
- ECTOPIC HORMONE SYNTHESIS IN PHEOCHROMOCYTOMA CELLSRichard Goodman; Fiscal Year: 1991..Understanding the mechanisms by which classical second messengers and other trans-acting factors regulate VIP production may help explain why some neural crest-derived tumors produce VIP...
- GASTROINTESTINAL NERVE CIRCUITS IN COLONIC CONTROLJOHN FURNESS; Fiscal Year: 1993..including dynorphin, enkephalin, galanin, neuromedin U, neuropeptide Y, somatostatin, substance P and vasoactive intestinal peptide, of the neuronal marker calbindin D28K and of the putative transmitters serotonin and gamma-..
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF VIP GENE EXPRESSIONAviva Symes; Fiscal Year: 2002..CNTF and LIF induce expression of the gene that encodes the neuropeptide, vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), through a 180bp cytokine response element (CyRE) in the VIP promoter...
- Olfactory Neurons--Model for PACAP Neurotrophic FunctionGabriele Ronnett; Fiscal Year: 2005..The vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP/pituitary adenylyl cyclase activating polypeptide (PACAP) family of neuropeptides is implicated ..
- NEUROPEPTIDES AND CARCADIAN RHYTHMS DURING AGINGPhyllis Wise; Fiscal Year: 2000..b>Vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP) and somatostatin (SRIF) may play key roles as communicators of differential afferent input, ..
- OLFACTORY NEURONS:MODEL FOR PACAP NEUROTROPHIC FUNCTIONSGabriele Ronnett; Fiscal Year: 2001..The vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP/pituitary adenylyl cyclase activating polypeptide (PACAP) family of neuropeptides is implicated ..
- GABAA RECEPTOR FUNCTION AND SUBUNIT EXPRESSIONHERMES YEH; Fiscal Year: 1999..Within the context of an operating neuronal circuit, the net result would be an alteration in the gating or efficacy of synaptic transmission. ..
- Peptidergic regulation of photic signaling within the SCNANDREW MARTIN VOSKO; Fiscal Year: 2010..One such neuropeptide, vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), appears to modulate light responses in the master circadian pacemaker of mammals, the ..
- NEUROENDOCRINE AND NEUROCHEMICAL FUNCTION DURING AGINGPhyllis Wise; Fiscal Year: 1999..Attention will be focused on vasoactive intestinal peptide (VIP), its major afferent input, serotonin (5HT), and a major efferent target, GnRH...