Genomes and Genes
gastric inhibitory polypeptide
Summary: A gastrointestinal peptide hormone of about 43-amino acids.
Publications279 found, 100 shown here
- Biology of incretins: GLP-1 and GIPLaurie L Baggio
Department of Medicine, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Banting and Best Diabetes Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Gastroenterology 132:2131-57. 2007..Recently approved therapeutic agents based on potentiation of incretin action provide new physiologically based approaches for the treatment of type 2 diabetes...
- Reduced postprandial concentrations of intact biologically active glucagon-like peptide 1 in type 2 diabetic patientsT Vilsbøll
Department of Internal Medicine F, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes 50:609-13. 2001....
- The biology of incretin hormonesDaniel J Drucker
Department of Medicine, The Banting and Best Diabetes Centre, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4, Canada
Cell Metab 3:153-65. 2006..This article summarizes current concepts of incretin action and highlights the potential therapeutic utility of GLP-1 receptor agonists and dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors for the treatment of type 2 diabetes...
- The role of endogenous incretin secretion as amplifier of glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in healthy subjects and patients with type 2 diabetesHans Juergen Woerle
Department of Internal Medicine II, Clinical Research Unit, Clinical Center of the Ludwig Maximilians University, Campus Grosshadern, Munich, Germany
Diabetes 61:2349-58. 2012..The absolute incretin effect is reduced in T2DM; its relative importance, however, appears to be increased, highlighting its role as an important amplifier of first-phase ISR in T2DM...
- Effect of weight loss by gastric bypass surgery versus hypocaloric diet on glucose and incretin levels in patients with type 2 diabetesBLANDINE LAFERRERE
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital, Obesity Research Center, 1111 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10025, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:2479-85. 2008..Gastric bypass surgery (GBP) results in rapid weight loss, improvement of type 2 diabetes (T2DM), and increase in incretins levels. Diet-induced weight loss also improves T2DM and may increase incretin levels...
- Incretin levels and effect are markedly enhanced 1 month after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery in obese patients with type 2 diabetesBLANDINE LAFERRERE
Obesity Research Center, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1111 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10025, USA
Diabetes Care 30:1709-16. 2007..We hypothesized that in obese patients with type 2 diabetes the impaired levels and effect of incretins changed as a consequence of RY-GBP...
- Nutrient-dependent secretion of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide from primary murine K cellsH E Parker
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Wellcome Trust MRC Building, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK
Diabetologia 52:289-98. 2009..The aim of this study was to generate transgenic mice with fluorescently labelled GIP-secreting K cells and to use these to investigate pathways by which K cells detect nutrients...
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide may enhance fatty acid re-esterification in subcutaneous abdominal adipose tissue in lean humansMeena Asmar
1Department of Clinical Physiology Nuclear Medicine, Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes 59:2160-3. 2010..In humans, however, there is no clear evidence of GIP effecting lipid metabolism. The present experiments were performed in order to elucidate the effects of GIP on regional adipose tissue metabolism...
- Effect of the artificial sweetener, sucralose, on gastric emptying and incretin hormone release in healthy subjectsJing Ma
University of Adelaide, Discipline of Medicine, Royal Adelaide Hospital, North Terr, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 296:G735-9. 2009..4 mM (73.7+/-3.1 min) or 4 mM (76.7+/-3.1 min) and saline. We conclude that sucralose, delivered by intragastric infusion, does not stimulate insulin, GLP-1, or GIP release or slow gastric emptying in healthy humans...
- Exaggerated glucagon-like peptide-1 and blunted glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide secretion are associated with Roux-en-Y gastric bypass but not adjustable gastric bandingJudith Korner
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 3:597-601. 2007....
- Importance of small bowel peptides for the improved glucose metabolism 20 years after jejunoileal bypass for obesityE Naslund
Department of Surgery, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Obes Surg 8:253-60. 1998..The aim of the present study was to examine the long-term effect of JIB on glucose metabolism...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1, but not glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide, inhibits glucagon secretion via somatostatin (receptor subtype 2) in the perfused rat pancreasJ de Heer
Department of Biomedical Sciences, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200, Copenhagen N, Denmark
Diabetologia 51:2263-70. 2008..We examined whether the islet hormone somatostatin, which strongly inhibits glucagon secretion, is involved in this divergent behaviour...
- Both GLP-1 and GIP are insulinotropic at basal and postprandial glucose levels and contribute nearly equally to the incretin effect of a meal in healthy subjectsTina Vilsbøll
Department of Internal Medicine F, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Regul Pept 114:115-21. 2003....
- Defective glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide receptor expression in diabetic fatty Zucker ratsF C Lynn
Department of Physiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Diabetes 50:1004-11. 2001..These data suggest that the decreased effectiveness of GIP in the VDF rat and in type 2 diabetes may be a result of a decreased receptor expression in the islet...
- The early effect of the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass on hormones involved in body weight regulation and glucose metabolismFrancesco Rubino
IRCAD EITS, Strasbourg, France
Ann Surg 240:236-42. 2004..We speculated that if the mechanism of action of the RYGB involves an endocrine effect, then hormonal changes should occur early after surgery, prior to substantial body weight changes...
- Reversal of islet GIP receptor down-regulation and resistance to GIP by reducing hyperglycemia in the Zucker ratShalea Piteau
University of British Columbia, Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, Life Sciences Institute, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:1007-12. 2007..These findings support the proposal that GIP receptor down-regulation in rodent T2DM is secondary to chronic hyperglycemia and that normalization of glycemia can restore GIP sensitivity...
- Impaired regulation of the incretin effect in patients with type 2 diabetesJonatan I Bagger
Diabetes Research Division, Department of Internal Medicine F, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, DK 2900 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:737-45. 2011..Whether patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) are able to regulate their incretin effect is unknown...
- A role for intestinal endocrine cell-expressed g protein-coupled receptor 119 in glycemic control by enhancing glucagon-like Peptide-1 and glucose-dependent insulinotropic Peptide releaseZhi Liang Chu
Arena Pharmaceuticals, 6166 Nancy Ridge Drive, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Endocrinology 149:2038-47. 2008..These data also suggest that combined stimulation of incretin hormone release and protection against incretin hormone degradation may be an effective antidiabetic strategy...
- Incretin release from gut is acutely enhanced by sugar but not by sweeteners in vivoYukihiro Fujita
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z3
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E473-9. 2009..Collectively, our findings do not support the concept that release of incretins from enteroendocrine cells is triggered by carbohydrates via a pathway identical to the sensation of "sweet taste" in the tongue...
- Human duodenal enteroendocrine cells: source of both incretin peptides, GLP-1 and GIPMichael J Theodorakis
Diabetes Section, Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, National Institute of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 290:E550-9. 2006..Significant coexpression of the main incretin peptides occurs in human duodenum. L and K cells are present in equal numbers. New onset type 2 diabetes is associated with a shift to the L phenotype...
- Enhanced glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide secretion and insulinotropic action in glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor -/- miceR A Pederson
Department of Physiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Diabetes 47:1046-52. 1998..These observations suggest that upregulation of the GIP component of the enteroinsular axis, at the levels of GIP secretion and action, modifies the phenotype resulting from interruption of the insulinotropic activity of GLP-1 in vivo...
- DPP-4 inhibitor therapy: new directions in the treatment of type 2 diabetesCarolyn F Deacon
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Panum Institute, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Front Biosci 13:1780-94. 2008..This article focuses on DPP-4 inhibitors...
- Determinants of the impaired secretion of glucagon-like peptide-1 in type 2 diabetic patientsM B Toft-Nielsen
Department of Endocrinology, Hvidovre Hospital, University of Copenhagen, DK-2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:3717-23. 2001..We conclude that the meal-related glucagon-like peptide-1 response in type 2 diabetes is decreased, which may contribute to the decreased incretin effect in type 2 diabetes...
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide is expressed in pancreatic islet alpha-cells and promotes insulin secretionYukihiro Fujita
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Medicine, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Gastroenterology 138:1966-75. 2010..Interestingly, a subset of enteroendocrine cells express both GIP and GLP-1. We sought to determine whether GIP also might be co-expressed with proglucagon in pancreatic alpha-cells...
- GIP does not potentiate the antidiabetic effects of GLP-1 in hyperglycemic patients with type 2 diabetesNikolaos Mentis
Diabeteszentrum Bad Lauterberg, Bad Lauterberg im Harz, Germany
Diabetes 60:1270-6. 2011..We studied whether GIP can alter the insulinotropic or glucagonostatic activity of GLP-1 in type 2 diabetic patients...
- Novel insulin/GIP co-producing cell lines provide unexpected insights into Gut K-cell function in vivoErin B Ramshur
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Metabolism, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Cell Physiol 192:339-50. 2002..These results provided unexpected insights into K-cell physiology and our experimental strategy could be easily modified to isolate/characterize additional EE cell populations...
- Evidence for beneficial effects of compromised gastric inhibitory polypeptide action in obesity-related diabetes and possible therapeutic implicationsN Irwin
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Cromore Road, Coleraine, Co Londonderry, BT52 1SA, UK
Diabetologia 52:1724-31. 2009b>Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) is a physiological gut peptide secreted from the intestinal K-cells with well documented insulin-releasing actions...
- Improved pancreatic beta-cell function in type 2 diabetic patients after lifestyle-induced weight loss is related to glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptideThomas P J Solomon
Department of Pathobiology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Diabetes Care 33:1561-6. 2010..The mechanisms by which lifestyle intervention may modify insulin secretion in type 2 diabetes have also not been examined but may involve the incretin axis...
- Oral glutamine increases circulating glucagon-like peptide 1, glucagon, and insulin concentrations in lean, obese, and type 2 diabetic subjectsJerry R Greenfield
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research and Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Am J Clin Nutr 89:106-13. 2009..We previously demonstrated that glutamine is a potent stimulus of GLP-1 secretion in vitro...
- Reduced incretin effect in type 2 diabetes: cause or consequence of the diabetic state?Filip K Knop
Department of Internal Medicine F, Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Hellerup, Denmark
Diabetes 56:1951-9. 2007..These results suggest that the reduced incretin effect is not a primary event in the development of type 2 diabetes, but rather a consequence of the diabetic state...
- Targeted ablation of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide-producing cells in transgenic mice reduces obesity and insulin resistance induced by a high fat dietMatthew C Althage
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipid Research, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 283:18365-76. 2008..In conclusion, studies using GIP/DT mice demonstrate an important role for K cells in the regulation of body weight and insulin sensitivity...
- Gastric inhibitory polypeptide: the neglected incretin revisitedJuris J Meier
Medizinische Klinik I, St Josef Hospital, Klinikum der Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791, Bochum, Germany
Regul Pept 107:1-13. 2002..so-called "incretin effect" is primarily conferred by Glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) and Gastric Inhibitory Polypeptide (GIP)...
- Impact of glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide on age-induced bone lossKe Hong Ding
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Program in Regenerative Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Bone Miner Res 23:536-43. 2008..We show for the first time that BMSCs express functional GIP receptors, that expression decreases with aging, and that elevations in GIP can prevent age-associated bone loss...
- Patients with neuroglycopenia after gastric bypass surgery have exaggerated incretin and insulin secretory responses to a mixed mealA B Goldfine
Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4678-85. 2007..The etiology of the syndrome and metabolic characteristics remain incompletely understood. Recent studies suggest that levels of incretin hormones are increased after GB and may promote excessive beta-cell function and/or growth...
- On the physiology of GIP and GLP-1J J Holst
Department of Medical Physiology, University of Copenhagen, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Horm Metab Res 36:747-54. 2004..Cardiovascular and neuroprotective actions of GLP-1 have also recently been reported. Regarding GIP, several lines of evidence suggest that GIP, in addition to its incretin effects, may affect lipid metabolism and promote lipid storage...
- Four weeks of near-normalisation of blood glucose improves the insulin response to glucagon-like peptide-1 and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide in patients with type 2 diabetesP V Højberg
Department of Endocrinology, Hvidovre Hospital, Kettegaards Alle 30, DK 2650 Hvidovre, Denmark
Diabetologia 52:199-207. 2009..The aim of the present study was to investigate whether 4 weeks of near-normalisation of the blood glucose level could improve insulin responses to GIP and GLP-1 in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- The importance of caloric restriction in the early improvements in insulin sensitivity after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgeryJames M Isbell
Department of Surgery, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Diabetes Care 33:1438-42. 2010..RESEARCH METHODS AND DESIGN: A mixed meal was administered to nine subjects before and after RYGB (average 4 +/- 0.5 days) and to nine matched, obese subjects before and after 4 days of the post-RYGB diet...
- The separate and combined impact of the intestinal hormones, GIP, GLP-1, and GLP-2, on glucagon secretion in type 2 diabetesAsger Lund
Diabetes Research Division, Department of Internal Medicine F, Gentofte Hospital, Hellerup, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 300:E1038-46. 2011..Our results indicate that the intestinal hormones, GIP, GLP-1, and GLP-2, may play a role in the inappropriate glucagon response to orally ingested glucose in T2DM with, especially, GIP, acting to increase glucagon secretion...
- Gluco-incretins control insulin secretion at multiple levels as revealed in mice lacking GLP-1 and GIP receptorsFrederic Preitner
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Clin Invest 113:635-45. 2004....
- Prolonged saturated fat-induced, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide elevation is associated with adipokine imbalance and liver injury in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: dysregulated enteroadipocyte axis as a novel feature of fatty liverGiovanni Musso
Gradenigo Hospital, Turin, Italy
Am J Clin Nutr 89:558-67. 2009..We hypothesized that altered GIP secretion may contribute to the pathogenesis of NAFLD...
- Intact glucagon-like peptide-1 levels are not decreased in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetesSoushou Lee
Department of Diabetes, Metabolism, and Endocrinology, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
Endocr J 57:119-26. 2010..We concluded that intact GLP-1 levels are comparable between non-diabetics and T2DM, suggesting that impaired insulin secretion in Japanese T2DM is not attributable to defect in GLP-1 secretion...
- Role of MGAT2 and DGAT1 in the release of gut peptides after triglyceride ingestionMayumi Okawa
Tsukuba Research Institute, Banyu Pharmaceutical Company, Ltd, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 300 2611, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390:377-81. 2009..These findings suggest that synthesis and/or secretion of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins play an important role in the release of GIP. Moreover, DGAT1 may directly regulate the release of GLP-1 and PYY in L-cells...
- The dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitor vildagliptin does not accentuate glibenclamide-induced hypoglycemia but reduces glucose-induced glucagon-like peptide 1 and gastric inhibitory polypeptide secretionAndrea El-Ouaghlidi
Diabeteszentrum Bad Lauterberg, Kirchberg 21, D 37431 Bad Lauterberg im Harz, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4165-71. 2007..the concentrations of the active form of the incretin hormones glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) and gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP)...
- Changes in gastrointestinal hormone responses, insulin sensitivity, and beta-cell function within 2 weeks after gastric bypass in non-diabetic subjectsS H Jacobsen
Department of Endocrinology 541, Hvidovre Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Kettegaard Alle 30, 2650 Hvidovre, Copenhagen, Denmark
Obes Surg 22:1084-96. 2012..We present a detailed analysis of the early hormone changes after RYGB in response to three different oral test meals designed to provide this information without causing side effects (such as dumping)...
- Extrapancreatic effects of GIP and GLP-1A Vella
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester MN 55905, USA
Horm Metab Res 36:830-6. 2004..These effects may be of considerable importance in the treatment of postprandial hyperglycemia although they are not, strictly speaking, the result of a direct incretin effect on glucose metabolism...
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide-mediated up-regulation of beta-cell antiapoptotic Bcl-2 gene expression is coordinated by cyclic AMP (cAMP) response element binding protein (CREB) and cAMP-responsive CREB coactivator 2Su Jin Kim
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, B C V6T 1Z3, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 28:1644-56. 2008..The antiapoptotic effect of GIP in beta cells is therefore partially mediated through a novel mode of transcriptional regulation of Bcl-2 involving cAMP/PKA/AMPK-dependent regulation of CREB/TORC2 activity...
- The role of postprandial releases of insulin and incretin hormones in meal-induced satiety--effect of obesity and weight reductionC Verdich
Research Department of Human Nutrition, Centre for Advanced Food Studies, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Denmark
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:1206-14. 2001..Previous studies have indicated that the secretion of the intestinal satiety hormone glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) is attenuated in obese subjects...
- Antidiabetic actions of endogenous and exogenous GLP-1 in type 1 diabetic patients with and without residual β-cell functionUrd Kielgast
Department of Endocrinology, Hvidovre University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes 60:1599-607. 2011....
- Effects of pre-meal versus post-meal administration of miglitol on plasma glucagon-like peptide-1 and glucosedependent insulinotropic polypeptide levels in healthy menKazutaka Aoki
Yokosuka Kyousai Hospital, Yokosuka, Japan
Endocr J 57:673-7. 2010..The administration of miglitol just before a meal, rather than after a meal, is recommended in view of the up-regulation of GLP-1...
- Expression and functional activity of glucagon, glucagon-like peptide I, and glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide receptors in rat pancreatic islet cellsK Moens
Diabetes Research Center, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
Diabetes 45:257-61. 1996..In conclusion, these data show that stimulation of glucagon, GLP-I, and GIP receptors in rat beta-cells causes cAMP production required for insulin release, while adenylate cyclase in alpha-cells is positively regulated by GIP...
- Transgenic rescue of adipocyte glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide receptor expression restores high fat diet-induced body weight gainRandi Ugleholdt
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 286:44632-45. 2011..The study supports a role of the adipocyte GIPr in nutrient-dependent regulation of body weight and lean mass, but it does not support a direct and independent role for the adipocyte or beta-cell GIPr in promoting adipogenesis...
- Preservation of active incretin hormones by inhibition of dipeptidyl peptidase IV suppresses meal-induced incretin secretion in dogsC F Deacon
Department of Medical Physiology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Endocrinol 172:355-62. 2002..Total incretin secretion was reduced by DPP IV inhibition, suggesting the possibility of a feedback mechanism...
- Meal test for glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide (GIP) in obese and type 2 diabetic patientsJ Skrha
Third Department of Internal Medicine, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 59:749-55. 2010..Simple meal test could demonstrate impaired GIP secretion and delayed insulin secretion in Type 2 diabetic patients as compared to obese non-diabetic and non-obese healthy control individuals...
- Effects of fat supplementation on postprandial GIP, GLP-1, ghrelin and IGFBP-1 levels: a pilot study on adolescents with type 1 diabetesM Lodefalk
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Horm Res Paediatr 73:355-62. 2010..To compare the responses of GIP, GLP-1, ghrelin and IGFBP-1 between meals with different fat and energy content in adolescents with type 1 diabetes (T1DM) and to relate them to gastric emptying and glycaemia...
- Incretin secretion in relation to meal size and body weight in healthy subjects and people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitusT Vilsbøll
Department of Internal Medicine F, Gentofte Hospital, Hellerup, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2706-13. 2003....
- Reduction of hepatic insulin clearance after oral glucose ingestion is not mediated by glucagon-like peptide 1 or gastric inhibitory polypeptide in humansJuris J Meier
Department of Medicine I, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr Univ of Bochum, Gudrunstr 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E849-56. 2007..This has been attributed to the secretion and action of gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) and glucagon-like peptide (GLP)-1...
- Effect of aging and diabetes on the enteroinsular axisJ Korosi
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V6T 2B5, Canada
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 56:M575-9. 2001..01; elderly control: 0.15 +/- 0.01; elderly diabetes: 0.15 +/- 0.01 DeltaOD/20 minutes; p <.05, elderly vs young). CONCLUSIONS: We conclude that normal aging and diabetes are associated with multiple changes in the enteroinsular axis...
- Differential importance of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide vs glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor signaling for beta cell survival in miceAdriano Maida
Department of Medicine, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Gastroenterology 137:2146-57. 2009....
- GIP-(3-42) does not antagonize insulinotropic effects of GIP at physiological concentrationsCarolyn F Deacon
Dept of Medical Physiology, The Panum Institute, Blegdamsvej 3, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 291:E468-75. 2006..We conclude that, although GIP-(3-42) can weakly antagonize cAMP accumulation and insulin output in vitro, it does not behave as a physiological antagonist in vivo...
- Regulation of the pro-inflammatory cytokine osteopontin by GIP in adipocytes--a role for the transcription factor NFAT and phosphodiesterase 3BBilal Omar
Department of Experimental Medical Sciences, Diabetes, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Biomedical Center, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 425:812-7. 2012..Given the established link between osteopontin and insulin resistance, our data suggest that GIP by stimulating osteopontin expression, also could promote insulin resistance in adipocytes...
- A mathematical model of the oral glucose tolerance test illustrating the effects of the incretinsPatricia L Brubaker
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Ann Biomed Eng 35:1286-300. 2007....
- Evaluation of the long-term effects of gastric inhibitory polypeptide-ovalbumin conjugates on insulin resistance, metabolic dysfunction, energy balance and cognition in high-fat-fed miceNigel Irwin
School of Biomedical Sciences Research Institute, SAAD Centre for Pharmacy and Diabetes, University of Ulster, Coleraine, UK
Br J Nutr 108:46-56. 2012The effects of active immunisation with gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) or (proline3)GIP-ovalbumin conjugates on insulin resistance, metabolic dysfunction, energy expenditure and cognition were examined in high-fat-fed mice...
- Coingestion of acylglycerols differentially affects glucose-induced insulin secretion via glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide in C57BL/6J miceAkira Shimotoyodome
Biological Science Laboratories, Kao Corporation, Tochigi 321 3497, Japan
Endocrinology 150:2118-26. 2009..DAG promotes a lower GIP and thereby reduced insulin responses compared with triacylglycerol, which may differentially influence postprandial energy homeostasis...
- Stimulation of insulin secretion by intravenous bolus injection and continuous infusion of gastric inhibitory polypeptide in patients with type 2 diabetes and healthy control subjectsJuris J Meier
Department of Medicine, St Josef Hospiital, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
Diabetes 53:S220-4. 2004A reduced insulinotropic effect of gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) is a characteristic of patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Effect of single oral doses of sitagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor, on incretin and plasma glucose levels after an oral glucose tolerance test in patients with type 2 diabetesGary A Herman
Merck Research Laboratories, Experimental Medicine, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4612-9. 2006..The degree of DPP-4 inhibition and the level of active incretin augmentation required for glucose lowering efficacy after an oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) were evaluated...
- Chemical gastric inhibitory polypeptide receptor antagonism protects against obesity, insulin resistance, glucose intolerance and associated disturbances in mice fed high-fat and cafeteria dietsV A Gault
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Cromore Road, Coleraine, Northern Ireland, UK
Diabetologia 50:1752-62. 2007b>Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) receptor antagonism with (Pro(3))GIP improves glucose tolerance and ameliorates insulin resistance and abnormalities of islet structure/function in ob/ob mice...
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide modulates adipocyte lipolysis and reesterificationLisa Getty-Kaushik
Obesity Research Center, Department of Molecular Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:1124-31. 2006....
- Impact of short-term high-fat feeding on glucose and insulin metabolism in young healthy menCharlotte Brøns
Steno Diabetes Center, Niels Steensens Vej 1, 2820 Gentofte, Denmark
J Physiol 587:2387-97. 2009....
- Nutrient detection by incretin hormone secreting cellsEleftheria Diakogiannaki
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research and Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Physiol Behav 106:387-93. 2012..This review focuses on the molecular mechanisms to detect nutrient arrival in the gut that have been implicated within the incretin secreting cells...
- Xenin-25 potentiates glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide action via a novel cholinergic relay mechanismBurton M Wice
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipid Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 285:19842-53. 2010..Xenin-25, or molecules that increase acetylcholine receptor signaling in beta-cells, may represent a novel approach to overcome GIP resistance and therefore treat humans with T2DM...
- Chemical ablation of gastric inhibitory polypeptide receptor action by daily (Pro3)GIP administration improves glucose tolerance and ameliorates insulin resistance and abnormalities of islet structure in obesity-related diabetesVictor A Gault
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine, Northern Ireland BT52 1SA, UK
Diabetes 54:2436-46. 2005Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (gastric inhibitory polypeptide [GIP]) is an important incretin hormone secreted by endocrine K-cells in response to nutrient ingestion...
- Differential effects of saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids on postprandial lipemia and incretin responses in healthy subjectsC Thomsen
Aarhus Amtssygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Am J Clin Nutr 69:1135-43. 1999..A direct stimulatory effect of oleic acid on the secretion of glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) was shown in animal studies...
- Native incretins prevent the development of atherosclerotic lesions in apolipoprotein E knockout miceM Nagashima
Department of Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Metabolism, and Endocrinology, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8666, Japan
Diabetologia 54:2649-59. 2011..We investigated the possibility that glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) can prevent the development of atherosclerosis in Apoe (-/-) mice...
- An extract of Gymnema sylvestre leaves and purified gymnemic acid inhibits glucose-stimulated gastric inhibitory peptide secretion in ratsT Fushiki
Department of Food Science and Technology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Japan
J Nutr 122:2367-73. 1992....
- Pharmacological characterization of human incretin receptor missense variantsJean Philippe Fortin
Molecular Pharmacology Research Center, Molecular Cardiology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 332:274-80. 2010..The extent to which abnormalities in GIP-R function may lead to physiological changes or affect drug sensitivity in selected populations (e.g., obese, diabetic individuals) remains to be further investigated...
- Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) dose-dependently stimulates glucagon secretion in healthy human subjects at euglycaemiaJ J Meier
Medizinische Klinik I, St Josef Hospital, Klinikum der Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Gudrunstrasse 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Diabetologia 46:798-801. 2003In the isolated perfused pancreas, gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) has been shown to enhance glucagon secretion at basal glucose concentrations, but in healthy humans no glucagonotropic effect of GIP has yet been reported...
- Effect of vildagliptin on glucagon concentration during meals in patients with type 1 diabetesJ E Foley
Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation, One Health Plaza, East Hanover, NJ 07936, USA
Horm Metab Res 40:727-30. 2008
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide enhances adipocyte development and glucose uptake in part through Akt activationDiane H Song
Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastroenterology 133:1796-805. 2007..The purpose of these studies was to characterize the effects of GIP and its receptor (GIPR) in adipocyte development and signaling...
- GIP(Lys16PAL) and GIP(Lys37PAL): novel long-acting acylated analogues of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide with improved antidiabetic potentialNigel Irwin
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine, Northern Ireland, U K
J Med Chem 49:1047-54. 2006..These data demonstrate that fatty acid derivatized GIP peptides represent a novel class of long-acting stable GIP analogues for therapy of type 2 diabetes...
- Elevated circulating levels of an incretin hormone, glucagon-like peptide-1, are associated with metabolic components in high-risk patients with cardiovascular diseaseMinako Yamaoka-Tojo
Department of Rehabilitation, Kitasato University School of Allied Health Sciences, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Minami Ku, Sagamihara, 252 0373, Japan
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:17. 2010..In spite of good effects of these drugs in diabetic patients, circulating levels of incretins and their role in MetS are largely unknown...
- GIP increases human adipocyte LPL expression through CREB and TORC2-mediated trans-activation of the LPL geneSu Jin Kim
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences and the Diabetes Research Group, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Lipid Res 51:3145-57. 2010..The lipogenic effects of GIP in the presence of insulin are therefore at least partially mediated by upregulation of adipocyte LPL gene transcription through a pathway involving PI3-K/PKB/AMPK-dependent CREB/TORC2 activation...
- Inhibition of dipeptidyl peptidase IV activity by oral metformin in Type 2 diabetesJ R Lindsay
Regional Centre for Endocrinology and Diabetes, Royal Victoria Hospital, Coleraine, Northern Ireland, UK
Diabet Med 22:654-7. 2005Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) and gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) are important insulinotropic hormones that enhance the insulin secretory response to feeding...
- Role of incretin hormones in the regulation of insulin secretion in diabetic and nondiabetic humansJens Juul Holst
Department of Medical Physiology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287:E199-206. 2004..Because of this, analogs of GLP-1 or GLP-1 receptor activations are currently being developed for diabetes treatment, so far with very promising results...
- The glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide and glucose-stimulated insulin response to exercise training and diet in obesityKaren R Kelly
Department of Pathobiology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E1269-74. 2009....
- Suppression of p38 MAPK and JNK via Akt-mediated inhibition of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 constitutes a core component of the beta-cell pro-survival effects of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptideScott B Widenmaier
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences and the Diabetes Research Group, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Biol Chem 284:30372-82. 2009..Inhibition of apoptosis by GIP is therefore mediated via a key pathway involving Akt-dependent inhibition of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1, which subsequently prevents the pro-apoptotic actions of p38 MAPK and JNK...
- Dorothy Hodgkin Lecture 2008. Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) revisited: a new therapeutic target for obesity-diabetes?P R Flatt
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Coleraine
Diabet Med 25:759-64. 2008There is increasing realization that gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) has actions outside of the pancreas and gastrointestinal tract...
- Physiologic and pharmacologic modulation of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) receptor expression in beta-cells by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-gamma signaling: possible mechanism for the GIP resistance in type 2 diabDhananjay Gupta
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism and the Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Diabetes 59:1445-50. 2010..Gene Bank blast for a homologous nucleotide sequence revealed the same PPRE within the rat glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide receptor (GIP-R) promoter sequence. We investigated the role of PPARgamma in GIP-R transcription...
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide stimulation of lipolysis in differentiated 3T3-L1 cells: wortmannin-sensitive inhibition by insulinC H McIntosh
Department of Physiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Endocrinology 140:398-404. 1999....
- Pleiotropic effects of GIP on islet function involve osteopontinValeriya Lyssenko
Diabetes and Endocrinology, Department of Clinical Sciences, University Hospital Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Diabetes 60:2424-33. 2011..Here we explored mechanisms that could explain the protective effects of GIP on islet function...
- Glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide analogues and their therapeutic potential for the treatment of obesity-diabetesVictor A Gault
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Ulster, Cromore Road, Coleraine BT52 1SA, Northern Ireland, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 308:207-13. 2003..The purpose of this article was to provide an overview of the biological effects of several GIP modifications and to highlight the potential of such analogues in the treatment of type 2 diabetes and obesity...
- A novel GIP receptor splice variant influences GIP sensitivity of pancreatic beta-cells in obese miceNorio Harada
Dept Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 294:E61-8. 2008b>Gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) is an incretin that potentiates insulin secretion from pancreatic beta-cells by binding to GIP receptor (GIPR) and subsequently increasing the level of intracellular adenosine 3',5'-cyclic ..
- The contribution of incretin hormones to the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetesJuris J Meier
Department of Medicine I, St Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Gudrunstr 56, 44791 Bochum, Germany
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 23:433-41. 2009..to defects in the secretion and insulinotropic action of the two main incretin hormones, namely gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) and glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1)...
- Incretin and islet hormonal responses to fat and protein ingestion in healthy menRichard D Carr
Novo Nordisk, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E779-84. 2008..We conclude that, whereas protein and fat release both incretin and islet hormones, the early GIP secretion after protein ingestion may be of primary importance to islet hormone secretion...
- QTL detection on porcine chromosome 12 for fatty-acid composition and association analyses of the fatty acid synthase, gastric inhibitory polypeptide and acetyl-coenzyme A carboxylase alpha genesG Munoz
Departamento de Mejora Genética Animal, INIA, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Anim Genet 38:639-46. 2007..Similarly, gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) and acetyl-coenzyme A carboxylase alpha (ACACA) were tested as candidate genes for the second ..
- On the role of glucose-dependent insulintropic polypeptide in postprandial metabolism in humansMeena Asmar
Department of Endocrinology, Hvidovre Hospital, Denmark
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 298:E614-21. 2010..However, both insulin and GIP lower post-Intralipid FFA concentration, GIP probably via stimulation of insulin secretion, increasing FFA reesterification...
- Carriers of the TCF7L2 rs7903146 TT genotype have elevated levels of plasma glucose, serum proinsulin and plasma gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) during a meal testA P Gjesing
Steno Diabetes Center, Hagedorn Research Institute, Gentofte, Denmark
Diabetologia 54:103-10. 2011..insulin, C-peptide, glucagon, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), glucagon-like peptide-2 (GLP-2) and gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) among individuals carrying the high-risk rs7903146 TT genotype and low-risk CC genotype ..
- Effects of glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide on osteoclast functionQing Zhong
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E543-8. 2007..These data are consistent with the hypothesis that GIP inhibits bone breakdown through a direct effect on osteoclast-resorptive activity and suggest one mechanism for the postprandial reduction in markers of bone breakdown...
- Hormonal changes after Roux-en Y gastric bypass for morbid obesity and the control of type-II diabetes mellitusRonald H Clements
Department of Surgery, Section of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Am Surg 70:1-4; discussion 4-5. 2004..for demographics and fasting levels of the following: glucose, insulin, C-peptide, glucagon, cortisol, gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP), and glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1)...
- Osteoblast-derived cells express functional glucose-dependent insulinotropic peptide receptorsR J Bollag
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912, USA
Endocrinology 141:1228-35. 2000..Both of these effects reflect anabolic actions of presumptive osteoblasts. These results provide the first evidence that GIP receptors are present in bone and osteoblast-like cells and that GIP modulates the function of these cells...
- Identification of a bioactive domain in the amino-terminus of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP)S A Hinke
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1547:143-55. 2001..Higher doses of GIP(1-14) and GIP(19-30) (100 pmol/min/100 g) also reduced blood glucose excursions...
- Gastric inhibitory polypeptide modulates adiposity and fat oxidation under diminished insulin actionHeying Zhou
Department of Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 335:937-42. 2005Gut hormone gastric inhibitory polypeptide (GIP) stimulates insulin secretion from pancreatic beta-cells upon ingestion of nutrients...
- Leptin and Neuroendocrine Gene Regulation in ObesityJudith Korner; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Glucose-dependent Insulinotropic Peptide & Bone TurnoverCarlos Isales; Fiscal Year: 2006..This in turn may signal GIP as a potential hormone target for pharmacologic intervention in bone pathologies such as osteoporosis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Intestinal Triacylglycerol Metabolism and Energy BalanceChi Liang Eric Yen; Fiscal Year: 2013..This work will both increase knowledge about a central component of metabolism as well as provide insights into potential therapies for addressing the obesity epidemic. ..
- Impact of Neprilysin on Islet FunctionSakeneh Zraika; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will delineate a novel role for islet and intestinal NEP in modulating [unreadable]-cell function, and will have significant implications for development of therapeutics to treat [unreadable]-cell dysfunction in diabetes. ..
- Role of Renal Dipeptidyl Peptidase IVEDWIN KERRY JACKSON; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Liver Glycogen in Control of Plasma GlucoseKatarina Borer; Fiscal Year: 2009..This study examines the role of liver glycogen depletion in this phenomenon and seeks to define the timing of meals and exercise and dietary carbohydrate content that are necessary to produce it. ..
- 8th International Symposium for VIP, PACAP & Related PeptidesVictor May; Fiscal Year: 2007..The 8th International Symposium aims to continue that information and technology transfer to accelerate new developments. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Age, Exercise, Diet: Effects on Insulin ResistanceJohn Kirwan; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet: Clinical Center at Columbia UniversityKevan Herold; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Center will be able to coordinate with other centers in carrying out future trials of TrialNet. ..
- Role of Gastrin in the Pathogenesis of Colorectal CancerMichael Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2008..The answers to these provocative hypotheses can only be achieved by gaining a thorough understanding of the molecular mechanisms by which gastrin exerts its trophic properties. ..
- Developmental, nutritional and hormonal reg. of GhrelinAndrea Haqq; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our studies should provide novel insights into the role of ghrelin and other hormones and adipocytokines in the regulation of body weight in both children with Prader-willi syndrome and normal children. ..
- Role of Insulin Regulation of Beta Cell Function in Vivo and in VitroAllison Goldfine; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies may provide a unifying explanation linking the combined defects in insulin secretion and action that underlie type 2 diabetes. ..
- Islet growth in NOD mice tolerant to autoimmune diabetesKevan Herold; Fiscal Year: 2005..By combining the expertise of the two Pl's to address the problems of islet autoimmunity and beta cell deficiency our proposal will test a combination strategy that may be useful in patients. ..
- Phase II Trial of HOKT3gamma 1 (ALA-ALA) in Type 1 DiabetesKevan C Herold; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, this proposal will bridge both mechanistic studies and a clinical trial to develop a new treatment paradigm that may be beneficial to a large number of patients with T1DM. ..
- Role of Leptin in Islet GrowthRohit Kulkarni; Fiscal Year: 2008..The proposed studies are aimed at the long-term goal of developing therapeutic strategies to prevent or delay the development of diabetes in obese individuals. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Combination of Anti-CD3 and Ag-Specific ImmunotherapyKevan Herold; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, we propose that this effect of the combinatorial approach will allow us to maintain the clinical benefits by repeated administration of antigen. ..
- INSULIN & GLUCOSE SIGNALING PATHWAYS IN ISLET BETA CELLSRohit Kulkarni; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Dissecting the Death Pathway in Islet Beta CellsRohit Kulkarni; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Exercise in the Endocrine Control of FeedingKatarina Borer; Fiscal Year: 2005..The findings from these studies will extend theoretical understanding of energy regulation and provide insight for improved weight-loss strategies in obese individuals. ..
- Leptin modulation of insulin action in the islet b-cellRohit Kulkarni; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Defintion of the Physiological Properties of GIPMichael Wolfe; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of ileal-induced weight lossAPRIL STRADER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Together these specific aims will help clarify the mechanisms underlying obesity surgery and may contribute to the development of more effective treatments for obesity. ..
- Leptin and Neuroendocrine Gene Regulation in ObesityJudith Korner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Leibel and Dr. Wardlaw, are experienced in basic and clinical research. They are easily accessible, enthusiastic about my projects, and will facilitate my transition to status as an independent investigator. ..
- BRAIN ENERGY METABOLISM AND HYPOGLYCEMIAPatrick Boyle; Fiscal Year: 2003..Better metabolic control, the key to the prevention of long-term complications of diabetes, will thus become more achievable. ..
- GPCR Variants as Genetic Determinants of ObesityAlan Kopin; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Aim 3, combinations of anorexigenic, orexigenic and hedonic receptor variants will be assessed as potential synergistic or additive factors underlying the polygenic basis of obesity and/or other Look AHEAD study endpoints. ..
- Genetic Analysis of Feeding Behavior and Fat DepositionAlan Kopin; Fiscal Year: 2009..Outliers will be characterized as described above. We anticipate that the proposed studies will identify novel genes relevant to the pathophysiology of human obesity. ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF THE CCK-B/GASTRIN RECEPTORAlan Kopin; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PHYSIOLOGY AND MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF DIABETESAllison Goldfine; Fiscal Year: 2004....