Genomes and Genes
Summary: Chemical substances which inhibit the function of the endocrine glands, the biosynthesis of their secreted hormones, or the action of hormones upon their specific sites.
Publications274 found, 100 shown here
- Mifepristone, a glucocorticoid receptor antagonist, produces clinical and metabolic benefits in patients with Cushing's syndromeMaria Fleseriu
Northwest Pituitary Center, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97:2039-49. 2012..Cushing's syndrome (CS) is a disorder associated with significant morbidity and mortality due to prolonged exposure to high cortisol concentrations...
- RU486 (mifepristone): mechanisms of action and clinical usesF Cadepond
INSERM U33, , France
Annu Rev Med 48:129-56. 1997..Gynecologic trials, particularly in leiomyomata, should be systemically continued. The very preliminary results obtained with tumors, including breast cancers, indicate that further studies are necessary...
- The transcriptional response to chronic stress and glucocorticoid receptor blockade in the hippocampal dentate gyrusNicole A Datson
Division of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Hippocampus 22:359-71. 2012....
- Differential localization and activity of the A- and B-forms of the human progesterone receptor using green fluorescent protein chimerasC S Lim
Laboratory of Receptor Biology and Gene Expression, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 5055, USA
Mol Endocrinol 13:366-75. 1999..The causes for and implications of this differential localization of the A and B forms of the human PR are discussed...
- GnRH antagonist cetrorelix inhibits mitochondria-dependent apoptosis triggered by chemotherapy in granulosa cells of ratsXue jing Zhao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Xi Jing Hospital, 4th Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710033, PR China
Gynecol Oncol 118:69-75. 2010....
- Predictive factors of ovarian response and clinical outcome after IVF/ICSI following a rFSH/GnRH antagonist protocol with or without oral contraceptive pre-treatmentA Nyboe Andersen
Rigshospitalet, Fertility Clinic Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen 2100 O, Denmark
Hum Reprod 26:3413-23. 2011..Our objective was to determine predictive factors of ovarian response for patients undergoing COS with rFSH in a gonadotrophin-releasing hormone antagonist protocol and to determine the inter-cycle variability of these factors...
- Low-dose mifepristone in treatment of uterine leiomyoma: a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trialMadhu Bagaria
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 49:77-83. 2009..To evaluate the effect of low-dose mifepristone on leiomyoma-related symptoms, uterine and leiomyoma in women with symptomatic leiomyomata...
- Effects of mifepristone on invasive and metastatic potential of human gastric adenocarcinoma cell line MKN-45 in vitro and in vivoDa qiang Li
State Key Laboratory of Ultrasound Engineering in Medicine, Chongqing Medical University PO Box 153, Chongqing 400016, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:1726-9. 2004..To investigate the effects of mifepristone on the invasive and metastatic potential of human gastric adenocarcinoma cell line MKN-45 and its mechanisms...
- Clinical utility of progesterone receptor modulators and their effect on the endometriumIrving M Spitz
Institute of Hormone Research and Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Jerusalem, Israel
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 21:318-24. 2009..In view of the spate of recent publications related to mifepristone and some second generation progesterone receptor modulators (PRMs), this appears to be an opportune time to view the clinical status of these compounds...
- The use of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist to induce oocyte maturation after cotreatment with GnRH antagonist in high-risk patients undergoing in vitro fertilization prevents the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: a prospective randoLawrence Engmann
Center for Advanced Reproductive Services, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dowling South Building, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 6224, USA
Fertil Steril 89:84-91. 2008....
- Acute glucocorticoid administration rapidly suppresses basal and stress-induced hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis activityMarcus H Andrews
Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Integrative Neuroscience and Endocrinology, University of Bristol, Bristol BS1 3NY, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 153:200-11. 2012..Thus, in rats, glucocorticoid receptor activation rapidly suppresses basal and stress-induced HPA activity that operates, at least in part, through a central mechanism of action...
- Effect of antagonists vs agonists on in vitro fertilization outcomeM L Check
The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Camden, Cooper Hospital University Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Camden, NJ, USA
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 31:257-9. 2004....
- Improvements in neurocognitive function and mood following adjunctive treatment with mifepristone (RU-486) in bipolar disorderAllan H Young
Stanley Research Centre, School of Neurology, Neurobiology and Psychiatry, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Neuropsychopharmacology 29:1538-45. 2004..These data require replication but provide preliminary evidence that glucocorticoid receptor antagonists may have useful cognitive-enhancing and possibly antidepressant properties in bipolar disorder...
- Ovarian stimulation by concomitant administration of cetrorelix acetate and HMG following Diane-35 pre-treatment for patients with polycystic ovary syndrome: a prospective randomized studyJiann Loung Hwang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Hum Reprod 19:1993-2000. 2004..We proposed a stimulation protocol incorporating Diane-35 and GnRH antagonist (Diane/cetrorelix protocol) and compared it with the GnRH agonist long protocol for PCOS patients...
- The GnRH antagonist cetrorelix reduces cyclophosphamide-induced ovarian follicular destruction in miceDror Meirow
IVF Unit, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Hum Reprod 19:1294-9. 2004..In this study we determined whether administration of the GnRH antagonist cetrorelix before exposure to increasing doses of cyclophosphamide (Cy) affected the number of surviving primordial follicles (PMF) in the mice ovary...
- Cisplatin cytotoxicity is increased by mifepristone in cervical carcinoma: an in vitro and in vivo studyRafael Jurado
Laboratorio de Farmacologia, Subdireccion de Investigacion Basica, Instituto Nacional de Cancerología INCan, Mexico D F, Mexico
Oncol Rep 22:1237-45. 2009..This anti-hormonal drug therapy may be a useful candidate for further evaluation in combination with other antineoplastic drugs in the treatment of cancer, particularly with cisplatin...
- Mifepristone prevents repopulation of ovarian cancer cells escaping cisplatin-paclitaxel therapyCarlos D Gamarra-Luques
Division of Basic Biomedical Sciences, Sanford School of Medicine of the University of South Dakota, 414 East Clark Street, Vermillion, SD, USA
BMC Cancer 12:200. 2012....
- Corticosterone acutely prolonged N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor-mediated Ca2+ elevation in cultured rat hippocampal neuronsTaiki Takahashi
Department of Biophysics and Life Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, University of Tokyo at Komaba, Meguro, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurochem 83:1441-51. 2002..These results imply that high levels of CORT induce a rapid and non-genomic prolongation of NMDA receptor-mediated Ca2+ elevation, probably via putative membrane surface receptors for CORT in the hippocampal neurons...
- Brief treatment with the glucocorticoid receptor antagonist mifepristone normalises the corticosterone-induced reduction of adult hippocampal neurogenesisJ L Mayer
Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, Centre for Neuroscience, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neuroendocrinol 18:629-31. 2006..These data indicate that similarly to its clinical efficacy, mifepristone's effects on adult neurogenesis are rapid and positive, and may therefore be important for its mechanism of action...
- Postnatal glucocorticoid excess due to pituitary glucocorticoid receptor deficiency: differential short- and long-term consequencesMathias V Schmidt
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Munich, Germany
Endocrinology 150:2709-16. 2009..Postnatal glucocorticoid excess results in an altered stress-coping behavior in adult animals, with no effects on anxiety like behavior or cognition...
- Management of severe early ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome by re-initiation of GnRH antagonistT G Lainas
Eugonia Iatriki Erevna IVF Unit, 7 Ventiri str, 11528, Athens, Greece
Reprod Biomed Online 15:408-12. 2007....
- Effects and clinical significance of GnRH antagonist administration for IUI timing in FSH superovulated cycles: a meta-analysisIoannis P Kosmas
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Dutch Speaking Brussels Free University, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 90:367-72. 2008..To compare the administration of GnRH antagonist in gonadotropin intrauterine insemination (IUI) cycles with cycles where no intervention took place...
- The impact of luteal phase support on gene expression of extracellular matrix protein and adhesion molecules in the human endometrium during the window of implantation following controlled ovarian stimulation with a GnRH antagonist protocolYulian Zhao
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Fertil Steril 94:2264-71. 2010..To evaluate the impact of two different luteal phase support protocols on gene expression of extracellular matrix (ECM) proteins and adhesion molecules in the human endometrium...
- Treatment of uterine myoma with 5 or 10mg mifepristone daily during 6 months, post-treatment evolution over 12 months: double-blind randomised clinical trialJosep Ll Carbonell Esteve
Mediterránea Médica Clinic, Valencia, Castello, Valencian Country, Spain
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 161:202-8. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of 5 and 10mg doses of mifepristone for 6 months for the treatment of uterine fibroids and to check those results at 1 year post-treatment...
- Endocrine profiles after triggering of final oocyte maturation with GnRH agonist after cotreatment with the GnRH antagonist ganirelix during ovarian hyperstimulation for in vitro fertilizationB C Fauser
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:709-15. 2002..This more physiological approach for inducing oocyte maturation may represent a successful and safer alternative for in vitro fertilization patients undergoing ovarian hyperstimulation...
- The impact of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist on gonadotropin ovulation induction cycles in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a prospective randomized studyLaurel A Stadtmauer
Jones Institute of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, Virginia 23507, USA
Fertil Steril 95:216-20. 2011..To evaluate the effect of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist Ganirelix on gonadotropin ovulation induction (OI) in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)...
- Systematic review of mifepristone for the treatment of uterine leiomyomataJody Steinauer
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, San Francisco General Hospital, 1001 Potrero Avenue, Ward 6D 14, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:1331-6. 2004..To systematically review the effect of mifepristone on uterine leiomyoma size and symptoms and to summarize its adverse effects...
- Ovarian response and follicular development for single-dose and multiple-dose protocols for gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist administrationTsung Hsien Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine and National Taiwan University Hospital, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Fertil Steril 83:1700-7. 2005..To determine the efficiency of a single-dose and a multiple-dose protocol for GnRH antagonist administration...
- Recombinant luteinizing hormone supplementation to recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone induced ovarian hyperstimulation in the GnRH-antagonist multiple-dose protocolG Griesinger
University Clinic of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Germany
Hum Reprod 20:1200-6. 2005..The present study prospectively assessed the effect of using a combination of recFSH and recLH on ovarian stimulation parameters and treatment outcome in a fixed GnRH-antagonist multiple dose protocol...
- Somatostatin analogue treatment of neuroendocrine tumoursW W de Herder
Department of Internal Medicine III, University Hospital, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Postgrad Med J 72:403-8. 1996..Long-term therapy with somatostatin analogues of catecholamine-secreting (malignant) paragangliomas and phaeochromocytomas has not shown clinical benefits...
- A modified gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonist protocol failed to increase clinical pregnancy rates in comparison with the long GnRH protocolDimitris Loutradis
Fertil Steril 82:1446-8. 2004..Starting GnRH antagonist in a flexible protocol according to the size of the leading follicle, with simultaneous augmentation of 75 IU recombinant FSH, failed to increase clinical pregnancy rates...
- Onapristone, a progesterone receptor antagonist, as first-line therapy in primary breast cancerJ F Robertson
Professorial Unit of Surgery, City Hospital, Nottingham, U K
Eur J Cancer 35:214-8. 1999..Transient liver function test abnormalities developed in a number of patients, mainly during the first 6 weeks of treatment. In conclusion Onapristone can induce tumour responses in human breast cancer...
- A randomized prospective trial comparing gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonist/recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone (rFSH) versus GnRH-agonist/rFSH in women pretreated with oral contraceptives before in vitro fertilizationLarry I Barmat
Abington Reproductive Medicine, Abington, PA 19001, USA
Fertil Steril 83:321-30. 2005..To compare the effects of oral contraceptive (OC) pill pretreatment in recombinant FSH/GnRH-antagonist versus recombinant FSH/GnRH-agonist stimulation in in vitro fertilization (IVF) patients, and to evaluate optimization of retrieval day...
- A randomized trial to examine the effect of mifepristone on neuropsychological performance and mood in patients with bipolar depressionStuart Watson
Academic Psychiatry, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 72:943-9. 2012..We have previously demonstrated a beneficial effect on spatial working memory (SWM) of treatment for 1 week with the progesterone and glucocorticoid receptor antagonist mifepristone, evident 2 weeks after the cessation of treatment...
- Use of a GnRH antagonist in controlled ovarian hyperstimulation for assisted conception in women with polycystic ovary disease: a randomized, prospective, pilot studyMustafa Bahceci
Bahceci Women s Health Care Center, Istanbul, Turkey
J Reprod Med 50:84-90. 2005....
- Distinguishing features of endometrial pathology after exposure to the progesterone receptor modulator mifepristoneJulietta Fiscella
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Hum Pathol 42:947-53. 2011..These findings suggest several features that can be tracked during studies involving mifepristone and, potentially, other progesterone receptor modulators...
- Low-dose mifepristone inhibits endometrial proliferation and up-regulates androgen receptorNitish Narvekar
Contraceptive Development Network, Center for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, United Kingdom EH16 4SB
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2491-7. 2004..034). As androgens can antagonize estrogen action, enhanced glandular androgen receptor expression induced by mifepristone could play a role in its antiproliferative effects...
- Antiproliferative effects of progesterone antagonists and progesterone receptor modulators on the endometriumK Chwalisz
Jenapharm GmbH and Co KG, Otto Schott Strasse 15, 077545, Jena
Steroids 65:741-51. 2000..Hence, the properties of PAs and PRMs (mesoprogestins) open up new applications in gynecological therapy and hormone replacement therapy...
- Modulation of diabetes with gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonists in the nonobese mouse model of autoimmune diabetesMansoor A Ansari
Section of Endocrinology, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
Endocrinology 145:337-42. 2004..We conclude that GnRH modulates the expression of diabetes in the NOD mouse independently of gonadal steroids...
- Comparison of GnRH agonists and antagonists in assisted reproduction cycles of patients at high risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndromeG Ragni
Infertility Unit, Department of Obstetrics Gynaecology, University of Milan, Italy
Hum Reprod 20:2421-5. 2005....
- Luteal hormonal profile of oocyte donors stimulated with a GnRH antagonist compared with natural cyclesAsimina Tavaniotou
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Dutch speaking Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Reprod Biomed Online 13:326-30. 2006..001). Low LH serum concentrations and shortened luteal phase indicate the need for luteal phase supplementation in GnRH antagonist IVF cycles...
- Dexamethasone inhibits proliferation of adult hippocampal neurogenesis in vivo and in vitroJong Bin Kim
Department of Biochemistry, Hanyang University College of Medicine, 17 Haengdang dong, Sungdong gu, Seoul 133 791, Republic of Korea
Brain Res 1027:1-10. 2004..Taken these in vitro and in vivo results together, it is concluded that glucocorticoid receptor activation blocks only proliferation, but not differentiation, in hippocampal neurogenesis...
- Anti-progestins suppress the growth of established tumors induced by 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene: comparison between RU486 and a new 21-substituted-19-nor-progestinRonald D Wiehle
Repros Therapeutics Inc, The Woodlands, TX 77380, USA
Oncol Rep 18:167-74. 2007..These results indicate that anti-progestins should be developed for the chemoprevention and treatment of hormone-responsive breast cancer...
- A dose-ranging study to determine the efficacy and safety of 1, 2, and 4mg of dienogest daily for endometriosisGunter Kohler
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 108:21-5. 2010..To compare the efficacy and safety of dienogest at doses of 1, 2, and 4mg/day orally in the treatment of endometriosis...
- The effect of mifepristone on breast cell proliferation in premenopausal women evaluated through fine needle aspiration cytologyM Engman
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Hum Reprod 23:2072-9. 2008..Progestins as well as estrogens have a role in breast cell proliferation and the development of breast cancer. Here, the effect of mifepristone on cell proliferation in human breast tissue in vivo was studied in premenopausal women...
- Long-term use of dienogest for the treatment of endometriosisMikio Momoeda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 35:1069-76. 2009..To investigate the safety and efficacy of 52 weeks of dienogest treatment in patients with endometriosis...
- Dienogest is as effective as triptorelin in the treatment of endometriosis after laparoscopic surgery: results of a prospective, multicenter, randomized studyMichel Cosson
Department of Gynecologic Surgery, Maternité Jeanne de Flandres, Lille, France
Fertil Steril 77:684-92. 2002..To compare the efficacy of Dienogest versus Decapeptyl at 3.75 mg as consolidation therapy for surgery in the treatment of endometriosis...
- Comparison of LH concentrations in the early and mid-luteal phase in IVF cycles after treatment with HMG alone or in association with the GnRH antagonist CetrorelixA Tavaniotou
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Dutch-Speaking Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Hum Reprod 16:663-7. 2001..Pituitary LH secretion may be inhibited by supraphysiological steroid serum concentrations via long-loop feedback and/or by the central action of the exogenously administered HCG via a short-loop mechanism...
- Growth inhibition induced by antiprogestins RU-38486, ORG-31710, and CDB-2914 in ovarian cancer cells involves inhibition of cyclin dependent kinase 2Alicia A Goyeneche
Division of Basic Biomedical Sciences, Sanford School of Medicine of the University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:967-80. 2012..Our results suggest that, as a consequence of their cytostatic and lethal effects, antiprogestin steroids of well-known contraceptive properties emerge as attractive new agents to be repositioned for ovarian cancer therapeutics...
- Oral contraceptive pretreatment significantly reduces ongoing pregnancy likelihood in gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist cycles: an updated meta-analysisGeorg Griesinger
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Clinic of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany
Fertil Steril 94:2382-4. 2010..6 cumulus-oocyte complexes, 95% CI: -0.08-1.25)...
- Low-dose mifepristone for uterine leiomyomataSteven H Eisinger
Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
Obstet Gynecol 101:243-50. 2003..To compare the effect of 5 and 10 mg of mifepristone on uterine leiomyoma size and symptoms, and to measure side effects...
- Corticosterone reduces dendritic complexity in developing hippocampal CA1 neuronsDeborah N Alfarez
Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, Center for Neuroscience, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hippocampus 19:828-36. 2009..These findings suggest that it is relevant to maintain plasma corticosterone levels low during hippocampal development...
- Mifepristone for the treatment of uterine leiomyomas: a randomized controlled trialJosep Lluis Carbonell Esteve
Clinica Mediterrania Medica, Valencia, Spain
Obstet Gynecol 112:1029-36. 2008..To estimate the efficacy of daily administration of 5 mg compared with 10 mg of mifepristone for the treatment of uterine myomas...
- Reduced pelvic pain in women with endometriosis: efficacy of long-term dienogest treatmentFelice Petraglia
Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine, University of Siena, Viale R Bracci N 16, 53100, Siena, Italy
Arch Gynecol Obstet 285:167-73. 2012..Thereafter, a patient subgroup was evaluated in a 24-week follow-up after treatment discontinuation...
- Repeated blockade of mineralocorticoid receptors, but not of glucocorticoid receptors impairs food rewarded spatial learningB R Douma
Department of Animal Physiology, Graduated School of Behavioural and Cognitive Neurosciences, University of Groningen, Haren, The Netherlands
Psychoneuroendocrinology 23:33-44. 1998..These findings suggest that in this spatial learning paradigm, the impairment of working memory required blockade of both receptor types, while reference memory performance involves predominantly the mineralocorticoid receptors...
- Transcription factor KLF11 integrates progesterone receptor signaling and proliferation in uterine leiomyoma cellsPing Yin
Division of Reproductive Biology Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Cancer Res 70:1722-30. 2010..Taken together, using a ChIP-cloning approach, we uncovered KLF11 as an integrator of PR signaling and proliferation in uterine leiomyoma cells...
- High-dose pilot study with the novel progestogen dienogestin patients with endometriosisA E Schindler
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Essen, Essen, Germany
Gynecol Endocrinol 22:9-17. 2006..Therefore, long-term high-dose dienogest therapy can be recommended particularly for women with progressive endometriosis...
- The inhibitory effect of dienogest, a synthetic steroid, on the growth of human endometrial stromal cells in vitroH Okada
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi 570 8507, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 7:341-7. 2001..These data imply that dienogest exerts direct effect in suppressing growth of endometriotic implants...
- Reversal of antiprogestin resistance and progesterone receptor isoform ratio in acquired resistant mammary carcinomasVictoria Wargon
Laboratory of Hormonal Carcinogenesis, Institute of Experimental Biology and Medicine National Research Council of Argentina CONICET, Obligado 2490, 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Breast Cancer Res Treat 116:449-60. 2009....
- A randomized trial of microdose leuprolide acetate protocol versus luteal phase ganirelix protocol in predicted poor respondersAndrea J DiLuigi
Center for Advanced Reproductive Services, University of Connecticut Heath Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030 6224, USA
Fertil Steril 95:2531-3. 2011..Cancellation rates, number of oocytes retrieved, clinical pregnancy rates (PR), and ongoing PRs were similar between the two groups...
- Molecular mechanisms for corticotropin-releasing hormone gene repression by glucocorticoid in BE(2)C neuronal cell lineEtsuko Yamamori
Department of Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine and Hospital, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Mol Cell Endocrinol 264:142-8. 2007....
- The effect of an individualized GnRH antagonist protocol on folliculogenesis in IVF/ICSIM H Mochtar
Hum Reprod 19:1713-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to assess the effect of an individualized GnRH antagonist regimen on folliculogenesis...
- The LHRH antagonist cetrorelix: a reviewT Reissmann
Corporate Research and Development, ASTA Medica AG, Frankfurt, Germany
Hum Reprod Update 6:322-31. 2000..Following completion of phase III trials in controlled ovarian stimulation for IVF regimens, Cetrorelix was given marketing approval and, thus, became the first LHRH antagonist available clinically...
- Fixed versus flexible gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist administration in in vitro fertilization: a randomized controlled trialEfstratios M Kolibianakis
Unit for Human Reproduction, First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Fertil Steril 95:558-62. 2011..To evaluate whether the incidence of luteinizing hormone (LH) rise is reduced by using a flexible compared with a fixed day-6 protocol of GnRH antagonist administration...
- Acute depletion of murine primordial follicle reserve by gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonistsDouglas R Danforth
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Fertil Steril 83:1333-8. 2005....
- Use of gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonists to overcome the drawbacks of intrauterine insemination on weekendsMiguel A Checa
Service of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Universitari del Mar, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Fertil Steril 85:573-7. 2006....
- Treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus with bromocriptineS E Walker
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri, USA
Lupus 10:197-202. 2001..An open-label study, a double blind study, and a study comparing bromocriptine to hydroxychloroquine provided evidence that bromocriptine therapy reduced flares and suppressed disease activity in SLE...
- Open-label study of ultra low-dose mifepristone for the treatment of uterine leiomyomataSteve H Eisinger
Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester, United States
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 146:215-8. 2009..To assess the effect of ultra low-dose mifepristone on uterine size, pain, bleeding and quality of life among women with symptomatic leiomyomata...
- Obstetrical and neonatal outcome after controlled ovarian stimulation for IVF using the GnRH antagonist ganirelixPeter J Boerrigter
NV Organon, Clinical Development Department, P O Box 20, 5340 BH, Oss, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 17:2027-34. 2002....
- Tailoring the GnRH antagonist cetrorelix acetate to individual patients' needs in ovarian stimulation for IVF: results of a prospective, randomized studyM Ludwig
Division of Reproductive Medicine and Gynecologic Endocrinology, Medical University Lubeck, Beckergrube 42 44, 23552 Lübeck, Germany
Hum Reprod 17:2842-5. 2002....
- Mifepristone treatment improves length and quality of survival of mice with spontaneous lung cancerJerome H Check
The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Camden, Cooper Hospital University Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Camden, NJ, USA
Anticancer Res 30:119-22. 2010..Mifepristone has not only been shown to down-regulate PIBF expression by human leukemic cell lines but has also been shown to prolong and improve the length of life of mice with spontaneous leukemia...
- Glucocorticoid signaling and exercise-induced downregulation of the mineralocorticoid receptor in the induction of adult mouse dentate neurogenesis by treadmill runningYa Ting Chang
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Psychoneuroendocrinology 33:1173-82. 2008....
- GnRH antagonists and endometrial receptivity in oocyte recipients: a prospective randomized trialNikos Prapas
Fourth Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Reprod Biomed Online 18:276-81. 2009..In conclusion, GnRH antagonist administration during the proliferative phase at a dose of 0.25 mg per day does not appear to adversely affect endometrial receptivity in oocyte recipients...
- Management of severe OHSS using GnRH antagonist and blastocyst cryopreservation in PCOS patients treated with long protocolT G Lainas
Eugonia Iatriki Erevna IVF Unit, Athens, Greece
Reprod Biomed Online 18:15-20. 2009..The flexibility of the approach allows the elongation of the monitoring period up to 8 days following HCG administration...
- Efficiency and tolerance of mitotane in Cushing's disease in 76 patients from a single centerCamille Baudry
Department of Endocrinology, Reference Center for Rare Adrenal Diseases, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Cochin Hospital, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
Eur J Endocrinol 167:473-81. 2012..Alternatives to transsphenoidal pituitary surgery may be required in Cushing's disease (CD) as a first- or second-line treatment. Mitotane is a potent anti-cortisolic drug but has been rarely investigated in the treatment of CD...
- Emerging drugs for endometriosisLuigi Fedele
Deaprtment of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milan, Italy
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 9:167-77. 2004..This area may be of paramount importance in the near future in order to develop a therapy that could prevent or eradicate endometriosis rather than merely relieving the symptoms...
- [Increased risk of early pregnancy loss and lower live birth rate with GNRH antagonist vs. long GNRH agonist protocol in PCOS women undergoing controlled ovarian hyperstimulation]Moez Kdous
centre de PMA, Service de gynécologie obstétrique et de médecine de la reproduction Hôpital Aziza Othmana de Tunis, Tunis, Tunisie
Tunis Med 87:834-42. 2009..to compare standard long GnRH agonist protocol (Triptorelin) and GnRH antagonist regimens (Cetrorelix) in polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) patients undergoing controlled ovarian stimulation (COS) for ICSI cycles...
- Hypermethylation of the progesterone receptor A in constitutive antiprogestin-resistant mouse mammary carcinomasVictoria Wargon
Laboratory of Hormonal Carcinogenesis, Institute of Experimental Biology and Medicine IBYME, National Research Council of Argentina CONICET, Vuelta de Obligado 2490, C1428ADN, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Breast Cancer Res Treat 126:319-32. 2011..In conclusion, our results suggest that methyltransferase inhibitors in combination with antiprogestins may be effective in the treatment of constitutive-resistant carcinomas with a high DNA methyltransferase level...
- The role of gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonists in in vitro fertilizationK Diedrich
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, , , Germany
Semin Reprod Med 19:213-20. 2001..Treatment time is significantly shortened. Without any doubt GnRH-antagonists have the potential to become the new standard for controlled ovarian hyperstimulation...
- Progesterone antagonists and progesterone receptor modulators in the treatment of breast cancerJ G Klijn
Division of Endocrine Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Rotterdam Cancer Institute Daniel den Hoed Kliniek, Groene Hilledijk 301, 3075 EA and University Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Steroids 65:825-30. 2000..The clinical development of onapristone was stopped because of liver toxicity. At the present time, apart from development of new pure potent PAs, clinical investigation of combined therapy of PAs with antiestrogens are urgently needed...
- Low-dose GnRH antagonist protocol is as effective as the long GnRH agonist protocol in unselected patients undergoing in vitro fertilization and embryo transferShang Yu Huang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Linkou Medical Center, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 50:432-5. 2011..125mg gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) antagonist protocol with the long GnRH agonist protocol as the control group...
- Efficacy of the progesterone receptor antagonist mifepristone for palliative therapy of patients with a variety of advanced cancer typesJerome H Check
The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Camden, Cooper Hospital University Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Camden, New Jersey, USA
Anticancer Res 30:623-8. 2010..The present study evaluated the palliative effect of mifepristone in a variety of different types of human cancer...
- [Use of GnRH antagonist for in vitro fertilization]Erling Ekerhovd
Medicus Trondheim, Norway
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 131:1649-52. 2011..The aim of this article is to describe advantages and disadvantages of using GnRH-antagonists in IVF...
- Ganirelix acetate use in normal- and poor-prognosis patients and the impact of estradiol patternsDaniel B Shapiro
Reproductive Biology Associates, Atlanta, Georgia 30342, USA
Fertil Steril 83:666-70. 2005..To evaluate cycle outcomes in patients with either poor or normal prognosis undergoing IVF treatment with a GnRH antagonist (ganirelix acetate) for LH suppression...
- Comparative efficacy and safety of cetrorelix with or without mid-cycle recombinant LH and leuprolide acetate for inhibition of premature LH surges in assisted reproductionMark V Sauer
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, NY, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 9:487-93. 2004..The majority of AE were mild to moderate in severity. Cetrorelix and leuprolide acetate appear to have comparable efficacy and safety, although cetrorelix has the advantage of typically requiring only one injection...
- Beneficial effects of dienogest on uterine myoma volume: a retrospective controlled study comparing with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonistSatoshi Ichigo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Matsunami General Hospital, Gifu 501 6062, Japan
Arch Gynecol Obstet 284:667-70. 2011..Aim of this study was to examine and compare the efficacy of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist (GnRHa) versus dienogest in premenopausal women with uterine myoma...
- Synergistic effects of danazol and mifepristone on the cytotoxicity of UCN-01 in hormone-responsive breast cancer cellsY Yokoyama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gifu University School of Medicine, Japan
Anticancer Res 20:3131-5. 2000..Because an intimate interaction exists between PKC signaling and the ER signaling pathways, sex steroid agonists/antagonists might modulate the cytotoxicity of UCN-01...
- Mifepristone treatment improves length and quality of survival of mice with spontaneous leukemiaJerome H Check
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Camden, Cooper Hospital University Medical Center, Camden, New Jersey, USA
Anticancer Res 29:2977-80. 2009..The objective of the present study was to determine if treatment of mice with spontaneous murine lymphocyte leukemia with the progesterone receptor antagonist mifepristone could improve length and quality of life...
- GnRH antagonist, cetrorelix, for pituitary suppression in modern, patient-friendly assisted reproductive technologyIlan Tur-Kaspa
Institute for Human Reproduction IHR and Reproductive Genetics Institute, Chicago, IL, USA
Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol 5:1323-36. 2009..In contrast to GnRH agonists, antagonists produce rapid and reversible suppression of LH with no initial flare effect...
- Antiprogestins in breast cancer treatment: are we ready?Claudia Lanari
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental IByME CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Endocr Relat Cancer 19:R35-50. 2012..This paper will go over the experimental evidence of our laboratory and others supporting the use of antiprogestins in selected breast cancer patients...
- Effect of an oral contraceptive pill on follicular development in IVF/ICSI patients receiving a GnRH antagonist: a randomized studyJudith A F Huirne
Division of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Vrije Universiteit Medical Centre VUMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reprod Biomed Online 13:235-45. 2006..GnRH antagonist regimen, pretreated with OC, prevented the early endogenous FSH rise and improved follicular homogeneity, resulting in more oocytes. As a consequence of the extended treatment period, more rhFSH was required...
- Ganirelix for luteolysis in poor responder patients undergoing IVF treatment: a Scandinavian multicenter 'extended pilot study'Lars Nilsson
Unit of Reproductive Medicine, Institution for Clinical Sciences, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 89:828-31. 2010..Novel GnRH antagonists more specifically targeting FSH release may improve the stimulation results in poor responders...
- Comparison of GnRH antagonist cycles with and without oral contraceptive pretreatment in potential poor prognosis patientsK Bendikson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305, USA
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 33:145-7. 2006..To evaluate the effect of oral contraceptive pill (OCP) pretreatment in patients undergoing IVF cycles with an antagonist...
- Ganirelix acetate causes a rapid reduction in estradiol levels without adversely affecting oocyte maturation in women pretreated with leuprolide acetate who are at risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndromeRobert L Gustofson
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hum Reprod 21:2830-7. 2006..Since GnRH antagonist is associated with a reduction in E(2) levels, we hypothesized that GnRH-antagonist treatment of women down-regulated with GnRH agonist who are at risk of OHSS might reduce E(2) levels and avoid cycle cancellation...
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonists do not influence the secretion of steroid hormones but affect the secretion of vascular endothelial growth factor from human granulosa luteinized cell culturesByron Asimakopoulos
Laboratory of Physiology, School of Medicine, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Fertil Steril 86:636-41. 2006..To evaluate the secretion of E(2), P, and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in human granulosa luteinized cell cultures with the presence of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist or antagonist...
- Effect of luteal-phase support on endometrial L-selectin ligand expression after recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone and ganirelix acetate for in vitro fertilizationNikos F Vlahos
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 601 North Caroline Street, JHOC 1211, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4043-9. 2006..The impact of different types of luteal phase support on endometrial receptivity after ovarian stimulation has not been investigated...
- A pilot study to assess the use of the gonadotrophin antagonist cetrorelix in preserving ovarian function during chemotherapyJulie Whitehead
Melbourne IVF, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 51:452-4. 2011..Primary outcomes measured were serum follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and inhibin prior to and at 6 and 12 months after chemotherapy. Secondary outcomes were hormonal evidence of a suppressive effect and the side effect profile...
- Preclinical experience with two selective progesterone receptor modulators on breast and endometriumH J Kloosterboer
Research and Development N V Organon, Oss, The Netherlands
Steroids 65:733-40. 2000..Ovulation is resumed shortly after stopping treatment, and a normal menses occurs after the first progesterone peak. Both compounds may be interesting options for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer and for fertility control...
- Comparable effectiveness using flexible single-dose GnRH antagonist (cetrorelix) and single-dose long GnRH agonist (goserelin) protocol for IVF cycles--a prospective, randomized studyVeljko Vlaisavljevic
Department of Reproductive Medicine and Gynaecologic Endocrinology, Maribor Teaching Hospital, Ljubljanska 5, SI 2000 Maribor, Slovenia
Reprod Biomed Online 7:301-8. 2003....
- LHRH antagonist decreases LH and progesterone secretion but does not alter length of estrous cycle in heifersH Ulker
Department of Animal Sciences and Center for Reproductive Biology, Washington State University, Pullman 99164-6332, USA
J Anim Sci 79:2902-7. 2001..However, the length of the estrous cycle was not shortened. These data show that the CL can form and survive in the face of depressed LH concentrations during the early stages of the estrous cycle...
- Administration of single short-acting doses of GnRH antagonist modifies pituitary and follicular function in sheepC Lopez-Alonso
Catedra de Farmacologia, Facultad de Veterinaria, UCM, Madrid, Spain
Domest Anim Endocrinol 29:476-87. 2005..93 +/- 6.21 pg/ml, P +/- 0.01) or treated with 1.5 mg (168.04 +/- 7.16 pg/ml, P+ /- 0.05). Hence, the use of 1.5 mg would be more suitable to induce the presence of a high number of follicles able to grow to preovulatory sizes...
- Mechanisms of Action and Signaling by Steroid Hormone AntagonistsDouglas V Faller; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the initial application, we proposed the novel concept that hormone antagonists, rather than simply blocking agonist-generated transcriptional and proliferative signals, actually initiate ..
- PRETRANSLATIONAL REGULATION OF FSH AND LHMargaret Wierman; Fiscal Year: 1993..Additionally, intact animals will receive steroid hormone antagonists as an alternative approach to defining the role of gonadal steroids in the regulation of gonadotropin ..
- ANDROGEN RECEPTOR ANALYSIS IN REFRACTORY PROSTATE CANCERMARY TAPLIN; Fiscal Year: 1999..have shown that mutant receptors have different binding affinities and specificities for hormones and hormone antagonists. In particular, the prostate cancer antagonist hydroxyflutamide actually stimulates some mutant receptors...
- FRET METHOD FOR IDENTIFYING HORMONE ANTAGONISTSJames Wells; Fiscal Year: 1999..Anti-IL-4 antibodies are in clinical trials for treatment of asthma. Orally available small molecules would have benefits over injectable drugs. ..
- Novel Active Repressor Model of Human LDL-Receptor RegulationJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2008..This would represent a new treatment approach for patients with atherosclerotic disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ensemble Disruption of the GnRH-LH-Testosterone AxisJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Expected corollary outcomes are enhanced diagnosis, assessment and management of more subtle pathophysiology of the male gonadal axis in puberty and adulthood. ..
- THE AGING GH AXIS IN POSTMENOPAUSAL WOMENJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..An enhanced knowledge base should aid ultimately in formulating more innovative preventive and interventional strategies to limit hyposomatotropism in older and/or estrogen-deficient humans. ..
- ENSEMBLE MODEL OF STRESS ACTH-ADRENAL AXISJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Mechanistic bases for age-related androgen deficiencyJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Knowing why testosterone falls should help foster new and safer ways to prevent the problem. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Analytical Reconstruction of Feedback Signaling in Aging MenJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2008..The present proposal develops a general biomathematical framework for dissecting otherwise observed pathways that control hormone output in aging, stress and disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ACTIONS OF ESTROGEN IN MATURING GRAAFIAN FOLLICLESJohannes Veldhuis; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding such fundamental interactions is important to the rational design of alternative strategies to interrupt normal and rescue impaired steroidogenesis in the maturing Graafian follicle and corpus luteum. ..
- The Role of TIMP-1 in Uterine PhysiologyWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will broaden our understanding on the role of TIMP-1 in uterine physiology and may help to develop new strategies to treat uterine disorders such as infertility, endometriosis and uterine cancer. ..
- Pharmacotherapy for Minor DepressionRobert Howland; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will have profound public health implications by improving our understanding of the efficacy of SJW and standard antidepressants for the treatment of MinorD. ..
- Progesterone Modulation of Pulsatile GnRH SecretionCHRISTOPHER MCCARTNEY; Fiscal Year: 2007..McCartney's development into an independent patient-oriented investigator in the field of reproductive endocrinology. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Myocardial Protein Synthesis After Thermal InjuryCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Overall, the research will elucidate the mechanisms by which myocardial protein synthesis is reduced after thermal injury, leading to the better understanding and treatment of the resulting cardiomyopathy. - ..
- ASTROCYTE-NEURON INTERACTIONS AND GNRH NEURONAL FUNCTIONDarrell Brann; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Low birth weight, uterine infection, and nitric oxideChandrasekhar Yallampalli; Fiscal Year: 2007..2 will test the hypothesis that NO donor can reverse the increases in DAF expression in uteroplacental and vascular tissues and in fetal growth restriction ..
- Antiretroviral-Induced Defects in Muscle Protein SynthesisCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such data is needed to both realize the full potential and avoid possible pitfalls of this drug in the long-term treatment of HIV-infected individuals. ..
- Oral Androgen Administration and Function in ManJOHN AMORY; Fiscal Year: 2008..Matsumoto M.D., Director, Clinical Research Unit VA-Puget Sound and Professor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine will co-mentor this award. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MYOCARDIAL PROTEIN SYNTHESIS AFTER ALCOHOL INTOXICATIONCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, the research design will establish the mechanism by which myocardial protein synthesis is reduced in response to alcohol abuse. ..
- Estrogen regulation of uterine microRNAs: Novel factors in MMP-9 regulationWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2008..Enhancing our understanding on the regulation of MMP-9 expression may lead to the establishment of novel approaches to counteract mis-expression of this protease and the diseases associated with it. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MECHANISMS OF REPRODUCTIVE AGINGDarrell Brann; Fiscal Year: 2004..As a whole, the proposed studies will provide important insights as to why glutamate signaling is compromised in the hypothalamus of the middle-aged rat, and will advance our understanding of reproductive aging. ..
- LONG-TERM LORAZEPAM USE AND ACUTE TOXICITY IN THE AGEDNunzio Pomara; Fiscal Year: 2005..index of brain white matter organization) contribute most strongly to the acute effects of lorazepam on cognitive/motor performance or postural sway in elderly individuals receiving long-term lorazepam treatment for GAD? ..
- NEUROPEPTIDERGIC CONTROL OF MATERNAL BEHAVIORBENJAMIN NEPHEW; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PHTHALATE-INDUCED MURINE TESTICULAR DYSGENESIS AND P53Kim Boekelheide; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The function of Runx1 in the ovaryMisung Jo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such knowledge can be applied for promoting or inhibiting these critical facets of ovarian physiology, thereby allowing us to better manage fertility, infertility, and ovarian-based disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of Cholinergic Functions in Alzheimer's DiseaseZhen Yan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such knowledge should offer important insights into the cellular and molecular basis of AD and the development of new pharmacological agents in the treatment of this disease. ..
- Effect of GnRH antagonist on primordial follicle survival in the primate ovaryDOUGLAS DANFORTH; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Socially induced brain cells in adults: fate activity and regulationKENT DUNLAP; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research seeks to identify specific features of social interaction that promote new neuron formation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ad-vectors and Granulosa Cell SignalingAnthony Zeleznik; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, results may provide new information regarding signaling pathways that may be affected in PCOS. ..
- PHYSIOLOGY OF THE PROLACTIN RELEASING PEPTIDESWillis K Samson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionally, these studies will provide further insight into the coordinated hormonal and autonomic responses to stress. ..
- Cytokine and neurotransmitter interactions in sleep regulationMark Opp; Fiscal Year: 2008..Knowledge of mechanisms by which IL-1 alters REMS will further our understanding of mental disorders characterised by disruptions to REMS and by cytokine dysregulation, such as major depressive disorders. ..
- Properties of Ion Channels that Control SecretionJOHN ENYEART; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Breast stem cell analysis in random periareolar fine needle aspirates from high rBRIAN PETROFF; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, this work has the potential to improve our understanding of breast stem cells and cancer risk and refine breast cancer prevention through a novel stem cell-targeted approach. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving contraceptive use/practices among young womenMelissa Gilliam; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Oocyte Viability by Granulosa Cell ContactJohn Peluso; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Antiapoptotic Activity of Alzheimer AbetaCraig Atwood; Fiscal Year: 2003..We also will test whether oxidative stress induces neurons to re-enter the cell cycle as a mechanism leading to cell death. ..
- Epigenetic Influences on Brain and BehaviorDavid Crews; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim III. To establish if the different behavioral profiles exhibited in such animals in adulthood are reflected in different patterns of activity in a network of interconnected limbic nuclei. ..
- The Impact of HMO's on DispartiesKevin Fiscella; Fiscal Year: 2004..If the study hypotheses are confirmed, the findings will underscore the need for HMOs to track and address disparities among their members if the Healthy People 2010 for the elimination of disparities is to be achieved. ..
- MRI predicts epileptogenesis and cognitive deficitsTALLIE BARAM; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MBRS Score Program at Tuskegee UniversityTimothy Turner; Fiscal Year: 2005..Progress toward the stated goals will be assessed through the measurable objectives set for individual MBRS investigators, as well as the program as a whole. ..
- Neuromodulator Actions in Prefrontal Cortical NeuronsZhen Yan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Knowledge gained from this work would contribute to the development of novel therapeutic strategies for many neurological and mental disorders. ..
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor pathway and reproductive agingBRIAN PETROFF; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Prevention of Osteoporosis in Men with Prostate CancerSusan Greenspan; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will examine a preventive strategy, the potential mechanism of bone loss, the ability of biochemical marker to predict bone mass, and skeletal outcomes when antiresorptive therapy is withdrawn. ..
- The Rochester Center for Mind-Body ResearchJan Moynihan; Fiscal Year: 2006..By the end of the award period, we will be a mature, established Center with a submitted program project or Center grant application. ..
- ROLE OF VEGF AND NRP 1 IN ESTROGEN INDUCED ANGIOGENESISSushanta Banerjee; Fiscal Year: 2002..Specific aim 4will address the question whether negative regulators like thrombospondin-1 that influence the action of VEGF164 during the development of estrogen induced tumor angiogenesis control the expression of NRP-1. ..
- EFECTS OF STRESS IN IMMUNOCOMPROMISED HOSTSJan Moynihan; Fiscal Year: 2003..In turn, this will result in prolonged allograft survival. In contrast, the immunocompromised animal will have poorer immune responses to an opportunistic pathogen (HSV-1). ..
- EVOLUTION OF BRAIN-BEHAVIOR CONTROLLING MECHANISMSDavid Crews; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Stress-Induced Changes in BehaviorMatthew Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2006..The experiments in the current proposal will provide valuable information on the neurobiological mechanisms underlying stress-related disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ENVIRONMENTAL INFLUENCES ON BRAIN PLASTICITYDavid Crews; Fiscal Year: 2002..The final category of experiments is particularly important as it will discern whether the incubation temperature effects are direct or indirect. ..
- CARDIOVASCULAR CONCOMITANTS OF ULTRASONIC VOCALIZATIONSMark Blumberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..Through these approaches, an integrated view of the varied mechanisms by which infant and adult mammals regulate cardiovascular function during physiological and behavioral challenges will emerge. ..
- Estrogen & Progesterone Effects on Orthostatic ToleranceNINA STACHENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also expect that the data in these studies will provide a basis to study the impact of sex hormones on diseases related to compromised peripheral circulation, such as hypertension, Raynaud's phenomenon and diabetes ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL/INDUSTRIAL TOXICANTS AND TESTICULAR INJURYKim Boekelheide; Fiscal Year: 2003..Together, these complimentary approaches will elucidate the key molecular mechanisms responsible for irreversible testicular injury. ..
- REGULATION OF THE CORPUS LUTEUMAnthony Zeleznik; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- A NOVEL NEURAL PATHWAY CONTROLS TESTOSTERONE RELEASECatherine Rivier; Fiscal Year: 2008..Collectively, these studies will advance our understanding of the effects of alcohol on male reproductive functions and the mechanisms that mediate them. ..
- DYNAMIC FEEDBACK CONTROL OF THE GH AXISLEON FARHI; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- HORMONAL CONTROL OF THE FEMALE REPRODUCTIVE TRACTRobert Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2004..The VEGF family and MMPs during menstrual induction. 2. VEFG-HGF interactions in MMP regulation. 3. KGF-VEGF interactions in spiral artery growth. 4. HGF and VEGF antagonists during menstruation. ..
- ROLE OF ESTROGEN-REGULATED GENES DURING EARLY PREGNANCYINDRANI BAGCHI; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed research will help us to identify molecules that mediate E regulation of critical events during early pregnancy. ..
- Control of lymphomagenesis by ATM through ROS, mTOR and PP2A signalingMingshan Yan; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mindfulness to Improve Elders' Immune and Health StatusJan Moynihan; Fiscal Year: 2008..The findings of this RCT will have implications for the conceptualization, refinement, and dissemination of psychosocial interventions aimed at slowing the rate of immunosenescence. ..
- SEX HORMONES AND BODY FLUID REGULATIONNINA STACHENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Oxytocin Receptors in Human and Non-human PrimatesMaria Boccia; Fiscal Year: 2006..The research outlined here will provide a basis for important new research directions for understanding the role of oxytocin in human social behavior and associated disorders. ..
- Biomarkers and Chemoprevention of Endometrial CancerGeorge Mutter; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, we will be able to rapidly implement a rational and effective strategy for early detection and chemoprevention of endometrial carcinoma. ..