Genomes and Genes
neutral amino acids
Summary: Amino acids with uncharged R groups or side chains.
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- The role of the neutral amino acid transporter SNAT2 in cell volume regulationR Franchi-Gazzola
Unit of General and Clinical Pathology, Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 187:273-83. 2006..SNAT2), the ubiquitous member of SLC38 family, accounts for the activity of transport system A for neutral amino acids in most mammalian tissues...
- Effect of electroconvulsive therapy on biopterin and large neutral amino acids in severe, medication-resistant depressionR Hoekstra
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Rotterdam Dijkzigt, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Psychiatry Res 103:115-23. 2001Biopterin, neopterin and the large neutral amino acids (LNAA), i.e...
- Effect of HEPES buffer on the uptake and transport of P-glycoprotein substrates and large neutral amino acidsShuanghui Luo
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri 64108 2718, USA
Mol Pharm 7:412-20. 2010..The effect of HEPES on P-gp mediated drug efflux and transport may provide some mechanistic insight into possible reasons for inconsistencies in the results reported from various laboratories...
- Identification and characterization of a lysosomal transporter for small neutral amino acidsC Sagne
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U 513, CHU Henri Mondor, 8 rue du General Sarrail, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:7206-11. 2001..Upon overexpression in COS-7 cells, the recombinant protein mediates the accumulation of neutral amino acids, such as gamma-aminobutyric acid, l-alanine, and l-proline, through an H+/amino acid symport...
- Double blind placebo control trial of large neutral amino acids in treatment of PKU: effect on blood phenylalanineR Matalon
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Children s Hospital, Galveston, Texas, USA
J Inherit Metab Dis 30:153-8. 2007Large neutral amino acids (LNAA) have been used on a limited number of patients with phenylketonuria (PKU) with the purpose of decreasing the influx of phenylalanine (Phe) to the brain...
- Reabsorption of neutral amino acids mediated by amino acid transporter LAT2 and TAT1 in the basolateral membrane of proximal tubuleSun Young Park
Department of Pediatrics, Kwangju Christian Hospital, Gwangju 503 715, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 28:421-32. 2005In order to understand the renal reabsorption mechanism of neutral amino acids via amino acid transporters, we have isolated human L-type amino acid transporter 2 (hLAT2) and human T-type amino acid transporter 1 (hTAT1) in human, then, ..
- Future role of large neutral amino acids in transport of phenylalanine into the brainReuben Matalon
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
Pediatrics 112:1570-4. 2003..Mutant PKU mice produced by exposure to N-ethyl-N'-nitrosourea (ENU) were used to examine the effect of large neutral amino acid (LNAA) supplementation on brain and blood phenylalanine (Phe)...
- Large neutral amino acids in the treatment of phenylketonuria (PKU)R Matalon
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Childrens Hospital, Galveston, Texas, USA
J Inherit Metab Dis 29:732-8. 2006Large neutral amino acids (LNAAs) have been used on a limited number of patients with phenylketonuria (PKU) with the purpose of decreasing the influx of phenylalanine (Phe) to the brain...
- System L: heteromeric exchangers of large, neutral amino acids involved in directional transportFrancois Verrey
University of Zurich, Institute of Physiology, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Pflugers Arch 445:529-33. 2003..system L is in many cells the only (efficient) pathway for the import of large branched and aromatic neutral amino acids. The corresponding transporters are hetero(di)mers composed of a catalytic subunit (LAT1 or LAT2=light ..
- The influx of neutral amino acids into the porcine brain during development: a positron emission tomography studyPeter Brust
Institute of Interdisciplinary Isotope Research Leipzig, Permoserstrasse 15, D 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 152:241-53. 2004..different age groups (newborns, 1 week old, 6 weeks old) were used to study the transport of the large neutral amino acids 6-[18F]fluoro-L-DOPA ([18F]FDOPA) and 3-O-methyl-6-[18F]fluoro-L-DOPA ([18F]OMFD) across the blood-brain ..
- Selective expression of a novel high-affinity transport system for acidic and neutral amino acids in the tapetum cells of Arabidopsis flowersYong Hwa Lee
School of Biological Sciences, Center for Reproductive Biology, Center for Integrated Biotechnology, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 4236, USA
Plant J 40:60-74. 2004....
- L-type amino acid transporters in two intestinal epithelial cell lines function as exchangers with neutral amino acidsS Fraga
Institute of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
J Nutr 132:733-8. 2002..Both L- and D-neutral amino acids, but not acidic and basic amino acids, markedly inhibited [(14)C]-L-leucine accumulation...
- The effects of large neutral amino acid supplements in PKU: an MRS and neuropsychological studySuzanne Schindeler
Western Sydney Genetics Program, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, Australia
Mol Genet Metab 91:48-54. 2007....
- Na+-independent transporters, LAT-2 and b0,+, exchange L-DOPA with neutral and basic amino acids in two clonal renal cell linesP Gomes
Institute of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
J Membr Biol 186:63-80. 2002..One of these transporters has a broad specificity for small and large neutral amino acids, is stimulated by acid pH and inhibited by 2-aminobicyclo(2,2,l)-heptane-2-carboxylic acid (BCH; OKLC, Ki = ..
- Tyrosine depletion does not cause depressive relapse in antidepressant-treated patientsS F B McTavish
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 175:124-6. 2004
- Glial transport of the neuromodulator D-serineCátia S Ribeiro
Department of Biochemistry, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro 21491 590, Brazil
Brain Res 929:202-9. 2002..The kinetics of D-serine transport resembles that of ASCT type transporters as several small neutral amino acids strongly inhibit the uptake of D-serine...
- Functioning of systems of the neutral amino acid transport in enterocyte brush-border membranes of rat small intestine under normal conditions and after ionising radiationS V Hizhnyak
Shevchenko Kiev University, Ukraine
Membr Cell Biol 14:765-71. 2001..The radiobiological approach made it possible to corroborate the existence of a Na+-dependent L-phenylalanine transport system different from the common system for neutral amino acids.
- Large neutral amino acids auto exchange when infused by microdialysis into the rat brain: implication for maple syrup urine disease and phenylketonuriaH Ronald Zielke
Department of Pediatrics, University of Maryland, Pediatric Research, 10 035 BRB, 655 W Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Neurochem Int 40:347-54. 2002Maple syrup urine disease (MSUD) and phenylketonuria (PKU) are associated with accumulation of large neutral amino acids (LNAA) in blood and tissues and a decrease of other LNAA not directly related to the enzyme defects...
- The orphan transporter v7-3 (slc6a15) is a Na+-dependent neutral amino acid transporter (B0AT2)Angelika Bröer
School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Biochem J 393:421-30. 2006..In the present study, we demonstrate that mouse v7-3 (slc6a15) encodes a transporter for neutral amino acids. The transporter is functionally and sequence related to B(0)AT1 (slc6a19) and was hence named B(0)AT2...
- System L-amino acid transporters are differently expressed in rat astrocyte and C6 glioma cellsDo Kyung Kim
Department of Oral Physiology, Chosun University College of Dentistry, 375 Seosuk dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju, 501 759, South Korea
Neurosci Res 50:437-46. 2004..acid transporter is a major nutrient transport system that is responsible for Na+-independent transport of neutral amino acids including several essential amino acids...
- Role of neutral amino acid transport and protein breakdown for substrate supply of nitric oxide synthase in human endothelial cellsAlexandra Simon
Department of Pharmacology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Circ Res 93:813-20. 2003..This part could be depleted by neutral amino acids that match the substrate profile of system N transporter 1 (SN1), presumably by the removal of ..
- The effects of hypoxia-ischemia on neutral amino acid transporters in the developing rat brainAvital Leibovici
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0296, USA
Dev Neurosci 29:268-74. 2007..Finally, SNAT2 and 3 demonstrated subtle changes in various brain regions after injury. These data suggest that neutral amino acid transporters remain largely intact after hypoxia-ischemia...
- [Molecular mechanism in biological transport in the kidney: Sodium-dependent glucose, phosphate, amino acid transporters]Ken ichi Miyamoto
Department of Molecular Nutrition, Institution of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School
Nihon Rinsho 64:145-9. 2006
- Functional characterization of two S-nitroso-L-cysteine transporters, which mediate movement of NO equivalents into vascular cellsSheng Li
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C1263-71. 2007..2.1)heptane-2-carboxylic acid (BCH) and by large neutral amino acids demonstrating functional system L transporters in each cell type...
- Recycling of aromatic amino acids via TAT1 allows efflux of neutral amino acids via LAT2-4F2hc exchangerTamara Ramadan
Zurich Centre for Integrative Human Physiology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057, Zurich, Switzerland
Pflugers Arch 454:507-16. 2007..High-performance liquid chromatography analysis reveals that several other neutral amino acids are released as well...
- Na+ -dependent neutral amino acid transporters A, ASC, and N of the blood-brain barrier: mechanisms for neutral amino acid removalRobyn L O'Kane
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, The Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 3333 Green Bay Road, IL 60064 3095, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 287:E622-9. 2004Four Na+ -dependent transporters of neutral amino acids (NAA) are known to exist in the abluminal membranes (brain side) of the blood-brain barrier (BBB)...
- ABC-type neutral amino acid permease N-I is required for optimal diazotrophic growth and is repressed in the heterocysts of Anabaena sp. strain PCC 7120Silvia Picossi
Instituto de Bioquimica Vegetal y Fotosintesis, CSIC Universidad de Sevilla, Avda Americo Vespucio 49, E 41092 Seville, Spain
Mol Microbiol 57:1582-92. 2005..These results indicate that the N-I permease is necessary for normal growth of Anabaena sp. strain PCC 7120 on N2, and that this permease has a role in the diazotrophic filament specifically in the vegetative cells...
- Evidence for the transport of neutral as well as cationic amino acids by ATA3, a novel and liver-specific subtype of amino acid transport system AT Hatanaka
Biochim Biophys Acta 1510:10-7. 2001..It is expressed almost exclusively in the liver. hATA3 mediates the transport of neutral amino acids including alpha-(methylamino)isobutyric acid (MeAIB), the model substrate for system A, in a Na(+)-coupled ..
- Site-directed mutagenesis of tyrosine 118 within the central constriction site of the LamB (Maltoporin) channel of Escherichia coli. I. Effect on ion transportFrank Orlik
Lehrstuhl fur Biotechnologie, Theodor Boveri Institut Biozentrum der Universität Würzburg, Am Hubland, D 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
Biophys J 82:2466-75. 2002..The individual hydrophobicity indices of the amino acids introduced inside the central constriction of the LamB channel had a somewhat smaller effect on the single-channel conductance as compared with the effect of their size and charge...
- Transport of amino acid esters and the amino-acid-based prodrug valganciclovir by the amino acid transporter ATB(0,+)Nagavedi S Umapathy
Departments of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Pharm Res 21:1303-10. 2004..The purpose of this study was to analyze the transport of amino acid esters and the amino-acid-based prodrug valganciclovir by the Na(+)/Cl(-)-coupled amino acid transporter ATB(0,+)...
- The glutamate/neutral amino acid transporter family SLC1: molecular, physiological and pharmacological aspectsYoshikatsu Kanai
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, 181 8611, Tokyo, Japan
Pflugers Arch 447:469-79. 2004..and the countertransport of 1 K(+), whereas ASC transporters mediate Na(+)-dependent exchange of small neutral amino acids such as Ala, Ser, Cys and Thr...
- IGF regulation of neutral amino acid transport in the BeWo choriocarcinoma cell line (b30 clone): evidence for MAP kinase-dependent and MAP kinase-independent mechanismsJ Fang
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Growth Horm IGF Res 16:318-25. 2006..The objective of these studies was to study the role of IGF-1 and its signaling pathway in regulating neutral amino acid transport in a human trophoblast cell culture model...
- Effects of reduced endogenous 5-HT on the in vivo binding of the serotonin transporter radioligand 11C-DASB in healthy humansPeter S Talbot
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
Synapse 55:164-75. 2005..These results suggest that (11)C-DASB in vivo binding is not affected by reductions in endogenous 5-HT...
- Influence of supplemental magnesium, tryptophan, vitamin C, and vitamin E on stress responses of pigs to vibrationE Peeters
Laboratory for Quality Care in Animal Production, Zootechnical Centre, K U Leuven, B 3360 Lovenjoel, Belgium
J Anim Sci 83:1568-80. 2005..A muscular injection of carazolol influenced only the heart rate variables...
- Tryptophan and tyrosine availability and response to antidepressant treatment in major depressionRichard J Porter
Department of Psychological Medicine, Christchurch School of Medicine and Health Sciences, P O Box 4345, Christchurch, New Zealand
J Affect Disord 86:129-34. 2005It has been suggested that the ratio of tryptophan (TRP) and tyrosine (TYR) to other large neutral amino acids may predict response to antidepressant drugs with predominantly serotonergic compared with predominantly noradrenergic ..
- Effects of alpha-lactalbumin on emotional processing in healthy womenHelen Scrutton
University Department of Psychiatry, Warneford Hospital, Oxford UK
J Psychopharmacol 21:519-24. 2007..to a casein-derived control protein, alpha-lactalbumin increased plasma TRP and the ratio of TRP to neutral amino acids. However, there was no effect on salivary cortisol secretion or tasks of emotional processing shown ..
- Amino acids in schizophrenia: evidence for lower tryptophan availability during treatment with atypical antipsychotics?F M M A van der Heijden
Vincent van Gogh Institute for Psychiatry, Venray, The Netherlands
J Neural Transm 112:577-85. 2005..05) and controls (p<.01). The ratio between tryptophan and the other large neutral amino acids (Trp/LNAA ratio) in poor-responders (<40%) decreased during treatment as compared to responders (> or =..
- Effects of pure macronutrient ingestion on plasma tryptophan and large neutral amino acidsC Rouch
Physiopathologie de la Nutrition, CNRS ESA 7059, , Paris, France
Nutr Neurosci 4:63-73. 2001The role of tryptophan and its competitor large neutral amino acids, proposed earlier for serotonin synthesis following carbohydrate or protein ingestion, was reassessed in relation to a recent study investigating serotonin release, ..
- Plasma tryptophan during weight restoration in patients with anorexia nervosaEvelyn Attia
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University The New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY 10032, USA
Biol Psychiatry 57:674-8. 2005..Plasma tryptophan (TRP), the essential amino acid needed for serotonin production, is known to be low following acute caloric restriction but has not been measured during the course of refeeding...
- Free tryptophan/large neutral amino acids ratios in blood plasma do not predict cerebral spinal fluid tryptophan concentrations in interleukin-1-induced anorexiaAlessio Molfino
Department of Clinical Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, 00185 Rome, Italy
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 89:31-5. 2008..After 2 h, food intake, blood plasma concentrations of total TRP, free TRP, large neutral amino acids (LNAA; competing with TRP for brain entry) were measured...
- Effects of hydrogen-bonding and stacking interactions with amino acids on the acidity of uracilKen C Hunter
Department of Chemistry, Mount Allison University, 63C York Street, Sackville, New Brunswick E4L 1G8, Canada
J Phys Chem B 111:1858-71. 2007..The present study has general implications for understanding the nature of active site amino acids in enzymes, such as DNA repair enzymes, that catalyze reactions involving anionic nucleobase intermediates...
- Chemiluminescent studies on the antioxidant activity of amino acidsT M Triantis
Institute of Physical Chemistry, NCSR Demokritos, 15310 Ag Paraskevi, Athens, Greece
Anal Chim Acta 591:106-11. 2007..Amino acids with phenolic groups present higher inhibition than basic, acidic or neutral amino acids. The calculated antioxidant activities by the CL method are compared with those of the N,N-diphenyl-picryl ..
- Na(+)/I(-) symporter activity requires a small and uncharged amino acid residue at position 395Orsolya Dohan
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Mol Endocrinol 16:1893-902. 2002..Substitutions of large amino acid residues at position 395 resulted in lower V(max) without affecting K(m) values for I(-) and Na(+), suggesting that these residues hamper the Na(+)/I(-) coupling reaction...
- Analysis of dansyl amino acids in feedstuffs and skin by micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatographyS Michaelsen
Department of Research in Small Animals, National Institute of Animal Science, Research Centre Foulum, Tjele, Denmark
J Chromatogr A 680:299-310. 1994..Complete separations of acidic and neutral amino acids were obtained within 45 min in the SDS system...
- [Clinical studies of pediatric malabsorption syndromes]Takashi Hosoyamada
Department of Pediatrics Fukuoka Red Cross Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Fukuoka Igaku Zasshi 97:322-50. 2006..The renal clearance of neutral amino acids in this case increased to levels 5 to 35 times normal. 6...
- Specificity and sensitivity of the olfactory organ of the zebrafish, Danio rerioW C Michel
University of Utah School of Medicine, Department of Physiology, Salt Lake City 84108, USA
J Comp Physiol A 177:191-9. 1995..The general pattern of relative stimulatory effectiveness established for the amino acid stimuli was neutral amino acids > basic amino acids > acidic amino acids > imino acids...
- Reversed-phase electrochromatography of amino acids and peptides using porous polymer monolithsR Shediac
Chemical and Radiation Detection Laboratories, Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore, CA 94551-0969, USA
J Chromatogr A 925:251-63. 2001..monoliths as stationary phases for capillary- and chip-electrochromatography of cationic, anionic, and neutral amino acids and peptides, followed by absorbance or laser-induced fluorescence detection...
- Low and high affinity amino acid H+-cotransporters for cellular import of neutral and charged amino acidsWolf N Fischer
Plant Physiology, Zentrum für Molekularbiologie der Pflanzen, Tubingen, Germany
Plant J 29:717-31. 2002..AAPs mediate cotransport of neutral amino acids with one proton. Uncharged forms of acidic and basic amino acids are cotransported with one proton...
- Olfactory discrimination of amino acids in brown bullhead catfishT Valentincic
Department of Biology, University of Ljubljana National Institute of Biology, Vecna pot 111, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Chem Senses 25:21-9. 2000..Catfish conditioned to L-alanine (L-Ala) discriminated basic, acidic and several neutral amino acids with long side-chains (LCNs) from L-Ala; however, they did not always discriminate L-Ala from all neutral ..
- Expression cloning and characterization of a transporter for large neutral amino acids activated by the heavy chain of 4F2 antigen (CD98)Y Kanai
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:23629-32. 1998..When co-expressed with 4F2 heavy chain, LAT1 transported neutral amino acids with branched or aromatic side chains and did not accept basic amino acids or acidic amino acids...
- Arginine metabolism and the synthesis of nitric oxide in the nervous systemH Wiesinger
Physiologisch chemisches Institut der Universität, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 4, D 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Prog Neurobiol 64:365-91. 2001..transport capacities in these cells which are fulfilled by well-described carriers for cationic and neutral amino acids. The mechanism of intercellular exchange of argininosuccinate, a prerequisite also for its proposed ..
- Human L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1): characterization of function and expression in tumor cell linesO Yanagida
Second Department of Surgery, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1514:291-302. 2001System L is a major nutrient transport system responsible for the transport of large neutral amino acids including several essential amino acids...
- Interaction of bile salts with gastrointestinal mucinsTimothy Scott Wiedmann
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Lipids 39:51-8. 2004..The amino acid compositions were typical of mucin glycoproteins, with over half comprising small, neutral amino acids. Thereafter, each mucin was equilibrated with three different series of concentrations of the bile salts ..
- Identification of a novel system L amino acid transporter structurally distinct from heterodimeric amino acid transportersEllappan Babu
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:43838-45. 2003..in Xenopus oocytes, the encoded protein designated LAT3 (L-type amino acid transporter 3) transported neutral amino acids such as l-leucine, l-isoleucine, l-valine, and l-phenylalanine...
- Discrimination between citrulline and arginine transport in activated murine macrophages: inefficient synthesis of NO from recycling of citrulline to arginineA R Baydoun
Vascular Biology Research Centre, King s College, London
Br J Pharmacol 112:487-92. 1994..4 mM) of arginine transport but only in the presence of extracellular Na+. Neutral amino acids inhibited citrulline transport (Ki = 0.2-0.3 mM), but were poor inhibitors of arginine transport. 4...
- Identification and characterization of a Na(+)-independent neutral amino acid transporter that associates with the 4F2 heavy chain and exhibits substrate selectivity for small neutral D- and L-amino acidsY Fukasawa
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:9690-8. 2000..Asc-1 preferred small neutral amino acids such as Gly, L-Ala, L-Ser, L-Thr, and L-Cys, and alpha-aminoisobutyric acid as substrates...
- Enhanced tumor growth elicited by L-type amino acid transporter 1 in human malignant glioma cellsKeiichi Kobayashi
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Neurosurgery 62:493-503; discussion 503-4. 2008..transporter 1 (LAT1), a major catalytic subunit of system L that is responsible for the transport of large neutral amino acids, including most essential amino acids, in concert with the covalently bound 4F2 heavy chain, and is ..
- Identification and functional characterization of a Na+-independent neutral amino acid transporter with broad substrate selectivityH Segawa
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:19745-51. 1999..Compared with LAT-1, which prefers large neutral amino acids with branched or aromatic side chains, LAT-2 exhibits remarkably broad substrate selectivity...
- Characterization of the system L amino acid transporter in T24 human bladder carcinoma cellsDo Kyung Kim
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Tokyo 181 8611, Mitaka, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1565:112-21. 2002System L is a major nutrient transport system responsible for the Na(+)-independent transport of large neutral amino acids including several essential amino acids...
- The amino acid transporter asc-1 is not involved in cystinuriaMarta Pineda
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biology, University of Barcelona, Spain
Kidney Int 66:1453-64. 2004The human amino acid transporter asc-1 (SLC7A10) exhibits substrate selectivity for small neutral amino acids, including cysteine, is expressed in kidney, is located close to the cystinuria B gene and presents sequence variants (e.g...
- The Caenorhabditis elegans orthologue of mammalian puromycin-sensitive aminopeptidase has roles in embryogenesis and reproductionDarren R Brooks
Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of Leeds, Miall Bldg, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 9JT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:42795-801. 2003..Favored substrates had positively charged or small neutral amino acids in the N-terminal position...
- A novel neutral amino acid transporter from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Thermococcus sp. KS-1Shohei Akahane
Department of Life Science, Graduate School of Science, Himeji Institute of Technology, Hyogo 678 1297, Japan
J Biochem 133:173-80. 2003..Competition studies revealed that SnatA transported various L-type neutral amino acids, but its substrate specificity was different from that of CycA or ACP...
- Select nutrients and their associated transporters are increased in the ovine uterus following early progesterone administrationM Carey Satterfield
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2471, USA
Biol Reprod 82:224-31. 2010..and lysine (basic amino acids), and citrulline, asparagine, serine, glutamine, beta-alanine, and alanine (neutral amino acids) was greater in uterine flushings from early P4- than CO-treated ewes on Day 9...
- Acute effects of breakfasts containing alpha-lactalbumin, or gelatin with or without added tryptophan, on hunger, 'satiety' hormones and amino acid profilesArie G Nieuwenhuizen
Department of Human Biology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, Maastricht 6200 MD, The Netherlands
Br J Nutr 101:1859-66. 2009..The plasma ratio of TRP to other large neutral amino acids (LNAA) was, only at t = 100 min, lower after gelatin+TRP than after the other breakfasts...
- Mechanisms of fluoroquinolone transport by human neutrophilsJ D Walters
Section of Periodontology, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University Health Sciences Center, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:2710-5. 1999..2, inhibited at pH 6.2, and blocked by N-ethylmaleimide. Cationic and neutral amino acids and cystine competitively inhibited ciprofloxacin transport by PMA-stimulated neutrophils (K(i) = 158 ..
- Amino acid starvation induces the SNAT2 neutral amino acid transporter by a mechanism that involves eukaryotic initiation factor 2alpha phosphorylation and cap-independent translationFrancesca Gaccioli
Departments of Nutrition and Biochemistry, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17929-40. 2006..Part of this response is the induction of transport system A for neutral amino acids that leads to the recovery of cell volume and amino acid levels once extracellular amino acid availability ..
- A study of the substrate specificity of Na+-dependent and Na+-independent neutral amino acid transport systems in dog intestinal brush-border membrane vesicles using L-alanine analoguesTakahiro Hatanaka
Fuji Gotemba Research Laboratory, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Shizuoka, Japan
J Pharm Pharmacol 54:549-54. 2002b>Neutral amino acids are mainly transported across the intestinal brush-border membrane by two Na+-dependent systems (system B0 and system B0+) and one Na+-independent system (system b0,+)...
- Identification of the principal proteoglycan-binding site in LDL. A single-point mutation in apo-B100 severely affects proteoglycan interaction without affecting LDL receptor bindingJ Boren
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco, California 94141 9100, USA
J Clin Invest 101:2658-64. 1998..Substitution of neutral amino acids for the basic amino acids residues in site B (residues 3359-3369) abolished both the receptor-binding and ..
- Amino acid adsorption on mesoporous materials: influence of types of amino acids, modification of mesoporous materials, and solution conditionsQiang Gao
State Key Laboratory of Coal Conversion, Institute of Coal Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Taiyuan 030001, P R China
J Phys Chem B 112:2261-7. 2008..The selected amino acids were acidic amino acid glutamic acid (Glu), basic amino acid arginine (Arg), and neutral amino acids phenylalanine (Phe), leucine (Leu), and alanine (Ala), and the selected mesoporous materials were SBA-15, ..
- Four novel mutations in deficiency of coagulation factor XIII: consequences to expression and structure of the A-subunitH Mikkola
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
Blood 87:141-51. 1996..The Arg326-->Gln and Arg252-->Ile mutations are substitutions of smaller, neutral amino acids for large, charged residues...
- Dietary glycemic index is associated with decreased premenstrual symptoms in young Japanese womenKentaro Murakami
Department of Social and Preventive Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Nutrition 24:554-61. 2008..the main determinant of brain serotonin concentration is a high plasma ratio of tryptophan to other large neutral amino acids, a high-GI diet has been shown to increase this ratio...
- Neutral amino acid transporter ASCT1 is preferentially expressed in L-Ser-synthetic/storing glial cells in the mouse brain with transient expression in developing capillariesKazuhisa Sakai
Department of Anatomy, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
J Neurosci 23:550-60. 2003..L-Ser transport, we performed histochemical analyses on amino acid transporter ASCT1, which prefers small neutral amino acids, such as Ala, Ser, Cys, and Thr, and mediates their obligatory exchange...
- Tyrosine supplementation in the treatment of maternal phenylketonuriaF J Rohr
Division of Genetics, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 67:473-6. 1998..a 3-h study period in each subject and was associated with a markedly increased ratio of tyrosine to large neutral amino acids. These results indicate that the plasma tyrosine concentration can be increased to normal or above-normal ..
- Involvement of LAT1 and LAT2 in the high- and low-affinity transport of L-leucine in human retinal pigment epithelial cells (ARPE-19 cells)Atsushi Yamamoto
Department of Pharmaceutics, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
J Pharm Sci 99:2475-82. 2010System L, which is encoded by LAT1 and LAT2, is an amino acid transport system that transports neutral amino acids, including several essential amino acids in an Na+-independent manner...
- Expressed human hippocampal ASCT1 amino acid transporter exhibits a pH-dependent change in substrate specificityB K Tamarappoo
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, 32610, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1279:131-6. 1996In mammalian cells, the basal Na+-dependent uptake for many of the neutral amino acids is mediated by a transport activity designated System ASC...
- Cloning and functional characterization of a system ASC-like Na+-dependent neutral amino acid transporterN Utsunomiya-Tate
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181, Japan
J Biol Chem 271:14883-90. 1996..208, 1008-1015). When expressed in Xenopus laevis oocytes, ASCT2 exhibited Na+-dependent uptakes of neutral amino acids such as L-alanine, L-serine, L-threonine, L-cysteine, and L-glutamine at high affinity with Km values ..
- Two mRNA transcripts (rBAT-1 and rBAT-2) are involved in system b0,(+)-related amino acid transportD Markovich
Department of Physiology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 268:1362-7. 1993..encoding a protein involved in sodium-independent transport of L-dibasic amino acids, L-cystine, and some neutral amino acids via a system related to b0,(+)-like activity (Bertran, J., Werner, A., Moore, M. L., Stange, G...
- Characterization of amino acid transport system L in HTB-41 human salivary gland epidermoid carcinoma cellsNo Seung Park
Oral Biology Research Institute and The Second Stage of BK21, Chosun University College of Dentistry, Gwangju 501 759, Korea
Anticancer Res 28:2649-55. 2008The amino acid transport system L is a major nutrient transport system that is responsible for transport of neutral amino acids, including several essential amino acids...
- Lysophosphatidylcholine enhances cytokine production of endothelial cells via induction of L-type amino acid transporter 1 and cell surface antigen 4F2Wakako Takabe
Laboratory for Systems Biology and Medicine, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Komaba, Meguro, Tokyo, 153 8904, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 24:1640-5. 2004..We performed DNA microarray experiments to explore novel responses of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) to oxLDL and its components...
- Human cystinuria-related transporter: localization and functional characterizationK Mizoguchi
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan
Kidney Int 59:1821-33. 2001..Although the mutations of the recently identified transporter BAT1/b(0,+)AT have been related to nontype I cystinuria, the function and localization of human BAT1 (hBAT1)/b(0,+)AT have not been well characterized...
- Whey protein rich in alpha-lactalbumin increases the ratio of plasma tryptophan to the sum of the other large neutral amino acids and improves cognitive performance in stress-vulnerable subjectsC Rob Markus
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 75:1051-6. 2002..the availability of tryptophan by changing the ratio of plasma tryptophan to the sum of the other large neutral amino acids (Trp-LNAA ratio)...
- Expression profiles of the genes associated with metabolism and transport of amino acids and their derivatives in rat liver regenerationC S Xu
College of Life Science, Henan Normal University, Xinxiang, China
Amino Acids 34:91-102. 2008..and aromatic amino acid almost were enhanced in the whole LR; as for amino acid derivatives, transport of neutral amino acids, urea, gamma-aminobutyric acid, betaine and taurine, metabolism of dopamine, heme, S-adenosylmethionine, ..
- The RD114/simian type D retrovirus receptor is a neutral amino acid transporterJ E Rasko
Division of Molecular Medicine, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:2129-34. 1999..Both RDR and ATB0 serve as retrovirus receptors and both show specific transport of neutral amino acids. We have localized the receptor by radiation hybrid mapping to a region of about 500-kb pairs on the long ..
- Evidence for a direct interaction between the penultimate aspartic acid of cholecystokinin and histidine 207, located in the second extracellular loop of the cholecystokinin B receptorS Silvente-Poirot
INSERM U 151, Institute Louis Bugnart, CHU Rangueil, Bat L3, 31403 Toulouse Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 274:23191-7. 1999..Peptides with neutral amino acids in position eight of CCK reversed this effect and displayed a gain of affinity for the H207D mutant ..
- Strong anion exchange liquid chromatographic separation of protein amino acids for natural 13C-abundance determination by isotope ratio mass spectrometryDaniel A Abaye
Stable Isotope Biochemistry Laboratory, Scottish Universities Environmental Research Centre, Rankine Avenue, Scottish Enterprise Technology Park, East Kilbride, Glasgow G75 0QF, UK
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 25:429-35. 2011..Basic and neutral amino acids were resolved with 35 mM NaOH in isocratic mode...
- Evening intake of alpha-lactalbumin increases plasma tryptophan availability and improves morning alertness and brain measures of attentionC Rob Markus
Department of Experimental Psychology and the Biomedical Center, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 81:1026-33. 2005..Brain uptake of the serotonin precursor tryptophan is dependent on nutrients that influence the availability of tryptophan via a change in the ratio of plasma tryptophan to the sum of the other large neutral amino acids (Trp:LNAA).
- Pharmacokinetics of levodopaManuela Contin
Department of Neurological Sciences, Neurology Clinic, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Neurol 257:S253-61. 2010..absorption in the proximal small bowel by a saturable facilitated transport system shared with other large neutral amino acids. Drug transport from plasma to the brain is mediated by the same carriers operating in the intestinal ..
- CATs and HATs: the SLC7 family of amino acid transportersFrancois Verrey
Institute of Physiology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057, Zurich, Switzerland
Pflugers Arch 447:532-42. 2004..Their selectivity ranges from large neutral amino acids (system L) to small neutral amino acids (ala, ser, cys-preferring, system asc), negatively charged amino ..
- SNAT4 isoform of system A amino acid transporter is expressed in human placentaM Desforges
Division of Human Development, St Mary s Hospital, The Medical School, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290:C305-12. 2006..In the placenta, system A has an essential role in the supply of neutral amino acids needed for fetal growth...
- A low brain serotonergic neurotransmission in children with type 1 diabetes detected through the intensity dependence of auditory-evoked potentialsGabriel Manjarrez
Laboratory of Developmental Neurochemistry, Specialties Hospital, XXI Century, National Medical Center, Mexican Institute of Social Security, Av Cuauhtemoc 330, Col Doctores, CP 06720, Mexico City, Mexico
Diabetes Care 29:73-7. 2006..To determine in children with type 1 diabetes the plasma free fraction of L-tryptophan (FFT) and the intensity-dependent auditory-evoked potentials (IDAEPs) as indicators of possible changes in brain serotonergic neurotransmission...
- Site-specific mutations in human ferredoxin that affect binding to ferredoxin reductase and cytochrome P450sccV M Coghlan
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Irvine 92717
J Biol Chem 266:18606-12. 1991..To identify residues involved in binding of human ferredoxin to its electron transfer partners, neutral amino acids were introduced in a highly conserved acidic region (positions 68-86) by site-directed mutagenesis of the ..
- Rhizobium leguminosarum has a second general amino acid permease with unusually broad substrate specificity and high similarity to branched-chain amino acid transporters (Bra/LIV) of the ABC familyA H F Hosie
School of Animal and Microbial Sciences, University of Reading, Reading RG6 6AJ, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 184:4071-80. 2002..including acidic and basic polar amino acids (L-glutamate, L-arginine, and L-histidine), in addition to neutral amino acids (L-alanine and L-leucine)...
- Serum amino acids, biopterin and neopterin during long-term immunotherapy with interferon-alpha in high-risk melanoma patientsArthur R Van Gool
Department of Psychosocial Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, P O Box 5201, 3008 AE, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Psychiatry Res 119:125-32. 2003..We conducted an exploratory study into the serum concentrations of large neutral amino acids (AA), biopterin (BIOP) and neopterin (NEOP), of 67 patients with high-risk melanoma, who were either ..
- Correlation of L-methyl-11C-methionine (MET) uptake with L-type amino acid transporter 1 in human gliomasShuichi Okubo
Department of Neurological Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1 Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
J Neurooncol 99:217-25. 2010..1 (LAT1) is a neutral amino acid transport system and is a major route for the transport of large neutral amino acids, including methionine, through the plasma membrane...
- Functional role of the C terminus of human organic anion transporter hOAT1Wen Xu
Department of Pharmaceutics, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 281:31178-83. 2006..Substitution of negatively charged Glu-506 with neutral amino acids alanine or glutamine resulted in complete loss of transport activity...
- Ammonia toxicity to the brain and creatineClaude Bachmann
Laboratoire Central de Chimie Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, University of Lausanne, LCC, CHUV, Bugnon 46, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Mol Genet Metab 81:S52-7. 2004..the brain is enhanced when the plasma levels of branched-chain amino acids competing with the other large neutral amino acids are low...
- AAP1 transports uncharged amino acids into roots of ArabidopsisYong Hwa Lee
School of Biological Sciences, Center for Integrated Biotechnology, Center for Reproductive Biology, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Plant J 50:305-19. 2007..The growth and uptake studies identified glutamate, histidine and neutral amino acids, including phenylalanine, as physiological substrates for AAP1, whereas aspartate, lysine and arginine are ..
- Compounds acting at the endocannabinoid and/or endovanilloid systems reduce hyperkinesia in a rat model of Huntington's diseaseIsabel Lastres-Becker
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Neurochem 84:1097-109. 2003....
- Heterologous expression, purification, and characterization of an l-ornithine N(5)-hydroxylase involved in pyoverdine siderophore biosynthesis in Pseudomonas aeruginosaLi Ge
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
J Bacteriol 188:7205-10. 2006..The results indicate that the chemical nature of effectors is important for simulation of the NADPH oxidation rate in PvdA...
- The ligand-induced structural changes of human L-Arginine:Glycine amidinotransferase. A mutational and crystallographic studyE Fritsche
Department of Structural Research, Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Abteilung Strukturforschung, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Biol Chem 274:3026-32. 1999..Helix H9 does not add to the stability of the protein...
- Relationships between circulating metabolic intermediates and insulin action in overweight to obese, inactive men and womenKim M Huffman
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Diabetes Care 32:1678-83. 2009..To determine whether circulating metabolic intermediates are related to insulin resistance and beta-cell dysfunction in individuals at risk for type 2 diabetes...
- Conformational Ensemble of Glutamate Transporters: Structure and Ionic ModulatioOlga Boudker; Fiscal Year: 2013..the synaptic cleft following rounds of neurotransmission and are responsible for the uptake of acidic and neutral amino acids by all cell types...
- HYPERAMMONEMIA AND CANCER ANOREXIAWILLIAM CHANCE; Fiscal Year: 1990..Ammonia intoxication produces anorexia and elevations in brain glutamine, large neutral amino acids and amine neurotransmitters that are similar to changes observed in anorectic TB rats...
- BLOOD BRAIN BARRIER LARGE NEUTRAL AMINO ACID TRANSPORTERWilliam Pardridge; Fiscal Year: 2003DESCRIPTION (adapted from applicant's abstract): The availability of large neutral amino acids in brain cells is crucial to the regulation of both cerebral protein metabolism and neurotransmitter synthesis...
- NEUROTRANSMITTERS AND HEPATIC COMAJOSEF FISCHER; Fiscal Year: 1980..a continuation of the concept that changes in the peripheral metabolism of amino acids, particularly the neutral amino acids and specifically the aromatic amino acid precursors of the neurotransmitters norepinephrine, octopamine, ..
- DIET, AROMATIC AMINO ACIDS, AND CNS NEUROTRANSMITTERSJohn Fernstrom; Fiscal Year: 2001..are influenced by their uptake from blood, mediated by a competitive transport system shared by all large neutral amino acids [LNAA], including TRP and TYR. Brain TRP uptake may also be influenced by TRP binding to serum albumin...
- HEPATIC AMINO ACID TRANSPORT IN DIABETIC ANIMALSMichael Kilberg; Fiscal Year: 1999..Most of the regulation for the neutral amino acids is associated with Na+-dependent System A (SysA) activity...
- Tryptophan Depletion: A Phenotypic Marker for DepressionFrancisco Moreno; Fiscal Year: 2007..depression, anxiety, and somatic symptoms, as well as blood samples for measurement of plasma TRP and large neutral amino acids will be obtained prior to, during, and after testing...
- DIETARY PROTEIN & RESPONSE TO 1-DOPA IN PARKINSON'SJONATHAN PINCUS; Fiscal Year: 1990This project will provide the explanation for the deleterious effect of alimentary large neutral amino acids (INAA)l on l-dopa treated Parkinsonians who suffer with unpredictable motor fluctuations or drug resistant "off" periods...
- RESPONSE OF PHENYLKETONURIA TO TETRAHYDROBIOPTERIN (BH4)Reuben Matalon; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- KNOCKOUT MODEL FOR CANAVAN DISEASEReuben Matalon; Fiscal Year: 2001..5) The knock-out mouse will be used in future studies for determining the metabolic role of NAA in brain, for experimentation with enzyme therapy and gene therapy. ..
- Phenylalanine Hydroxylase Deficiency: Response to BH4Reuben Matalon; Fiscal Year: 2002..Treatment with BH4 should lead to a better outcome for PKU patients and for maternal PKU. ..
- Predicting Driver Safety in Parkinson's DiseaseErgun Uc; Fiscal Year: 2007..Fair and accurate means of detecting unfit drivers with PD will help mitigate the tragedy of motor vehicle crashes caused by these impaired individuals. ..
- MOLECULAR TOXICOLOGY IN HUMAN KIDNEY CELLSLawrence Lash; Fiscal Year: 2007..Achievement of these aims should build on our previous work in human kidney cells and extend it to provide a much more complete understanding of the various and complex ways in which DCVC affects the human kidney [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Basis of Glutamate TransportChristof Grewer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, malfunctioning glutamate transporters have been implicated in several diseases of the nervous system. ..
- REGULATION OF SUPEROXIDE PRODUCTION BY HUMAN NEUTROPHILSJeffrey Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies may ultimately lead to new pharmacological methods for controlling oxygen radical-mediated tissue damage as well as an improved understanding of the pathophysiology of CGD. ..
- Anorexia Nervosa: The Importance of Treatment IntensityEvelyn Attia; Fiscal Year: 2007..Outcome measures will include weight, eating behaviors and associated psychopathology, as well as service utilization during the study period. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- High throughput screen of behavior using piezo-imagingXinmin Xie; Fiscal Year: 2006..This versatile system will provide a high-throughput in vivo screening tool that can accelerate the complex process of new drug discovery and ultimately help to identify safer and more effective therapeutic agents. ..
- Intravenous non-viral gene therapy for phenylketonuria (PKU)Cary Harding; Fiscal Year: 2006..co-administration of 3 separate plasmid vectors encoding single genes. These preclinical trials will form the basis for the development of future clinical trials in humans with PKU. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Aggressive Periodontitis and Formylpeptide Receptor SNPsJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microneedle patches deliver a CGRP antagonist for neurogenic inflammatory painXinmin Xie; Fiscal Year: 2008..We propose the development of an innovative anti-CGRP patch for the treatment of neurogenic inflammatory pain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGICAL EFFECTS OF EXOGENOUS CHOLINERichard Wurtman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Stem Cell Therapy for HIEMichael Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project begins to explore a potential therapy, stem cell transplants, for HIE using an animal model. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Automated Touchscreen-Piezo Monitoring of Mouse Cognition, Activity and SleepXinmin Xie; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Chemical Models of Protein beta-Sheet InteractionsJames Nowick; Fiscal Year: 2009..These insights and new compounds may eventually pave the way to new drugs to treat diseases and improve human health. ..
- Reactive Oxygen Species in Anti-Viral Airway Host DefenseJeffrey Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our studies will show if oxidases are a promising target for therapeutic drug development. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Individual Cognitive-Behavioral Psychotherapy for IEDMichael McCloskey; Fiscal Year: 2008..Social and emotional information processing will be evaluated as potential mechanism of change. Trait aggression will be assessed as a potential moderating variable. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of HTS Platform for Human Fatty Acid Transport Protein 4 Using FLIPRXinmin Xie; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, they may form a basis for developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of metabolic disorders. ..
- AAV2/8 vector-mediated liver gene therapy for phenylketonuria (PKU)Cary Harding; Fiscal Year: 2009..We propose that lessons learned from the treatment of murine PKU will ultimately be applicable to the treatment of human PKU and other allied IEM. ..
- Development of HTS Assay:PK(ATP)FLIPR Channels (RMI)Xinmin Xie; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, this assay should facilitate the discovery of novel therapeutics for the treatment of obesity and diabetes. ..
- REGULATION OF HUMAN PHAGOCYTE FUNCTION BY RAC PROTEINSUlla Knaus; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will yield novel insights into the overall control of oxidant formation by innate immune cells. ..
- MECHANISMS OF INTESTINAL IRON ABSORPTIONMatthias Hediger; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- AMINO ACID TRANSPORT IN HYPOXIC-ISCHEMIC ENCEPHALOPATHYMichael Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NEURAL AND ENDOCRINE REGULATION OF BRAIN AND BEHAVIORRichard Wurtman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- GLUTATHIONE AND MITOCHONDRIA IN TOXIC RENAL INJURYLawrence Lash; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information may have therapeutic applications for prevention of renal cellular injury or for understanding mitochondrial diseases or age-related decreases that occur in mitochondrial function. ..
- Uptake of Fluoroquinolones and Tetracyclines by GingivaJohn Walters; Fiscal Year: 2003..Strategies that optimize the uptake and distribution of antimicrobial agents should enhance the elimination of invasive pathogens from the periodontium and other types of mucosa. ..
- High-throughput screening of behavior using piezo systemXinmin Xie; Fiscal Year: 2003..Animal models of abnormal sleep and other behaviors, in addition to the piezo technology itself, may have substantial scientific and commercial value. ..
- KETOGENIC DIET AND BRAIN AMINO ACID METABOLISMMarc Yudkoff; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- PHYSIOLOGY OF THE DEVELOPING OLFACTORY EPITHELIUMWILLIAM MICHEL; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Diet Impacts Nutrient Transfer to Subsequent GenerationsDonald Novak; Fiscal Year: 2004..and GLUT3, and placental amino acid transport System A, responsible for the Na+-dependent transfer of small neutral amino acids including alanine, an important gluconeogenic precursor...
- CONFERENCE ON THE MODULATION OF CHEMOSENSORY SIGNALINGWILLIAM MICHEL; Fiscal Year: 2004..By not restricting the scope of the conference to a single chemosensory modality or model system we hope to foster collaborative interactions among investigators in the field. ..
- Emotional Information Processing & IED: An fMRI StudyMichael McCloskey; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Atypical Antipsychotic Medication in Anorexia NervosaEvelyn Attia; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Stem Cell-Mediated Liver Repopulation for Murine PKUCary Harding; Fiscal Year: 2006..The overall goal of the project is to explore HSC-mediated liver repopulation as treatment for rare inborn errors of metabolism using murine PKU as a model system. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AUTOMATED EXTRACTION OF METADATA FROM EXPERIMENT DESIGNSYannick Pouliot; Fiscal Year: 2005..The ultimate goal of the proposal is to facilitate the reuse of data from biomedical research's vast databases of experiment data by developing a tool for the automated capture of metadata. ..
- Novel Neuropeptides as Targets for Psychiatric DisordersXinmin Xie; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our ultimate goal is to develop new therapeutics for indications in anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, or other pathological symptoms often modulated by the endogenous neuropeptide system. ..
- HTS Assay for Ca 3 T-type Channels Using FLIPR (RMI)Xinmin Xie; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed fluorometric method will provide a high throughput and quantitative assay for the primary screening of compounds against three subtypes of Cav3 T-type channels. ..
- AMINO ACID TRANSPORTER B: PHARMACOLOGY & THERAPEUTIC USEMalliga Ganapathy; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Validation of a Laboratory Measure of Self-AggressionMichael McCloskey; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- SEROTONIN'S ROLE IN PSYCHOBIOLOGY OF ANOREXIA NERVOSAEvelyn Attia; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term goal of this award is for the candidate to become an expert and independent researcher in the psychobiology of eating disorders, with special application to anorexia nervosa. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS OF PLACENTAL AMINO ACID TRANSPORTDonald Novak; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will significantly advance our understanding of the regulation of and interrelationships between nutrient transfer and metabolism in the developing fetoplacental unit. ..