Genomes and Genes
Summary: An essential branched-chain aliphatic amino acid found in many proteins. It is an isomer of LEUCINE. It is important in hemoglobin synthesis and regulation of blood sugar and energy levels.
Publications308 found, 100 shown here
- (+)-7-iso-Jasmonoyl-L-isoleucine is the endogenous bioactive jasmonateSandra Fonseca
Departamento de Genética Molecular de Plantas, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Campus Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Nat Chem Biol 5:344-50. 2009..In addition, we show that pH changes promote conversion of (+)-7-iso-JA-L-Ile to the inactive (-)-JA-L-Ile form, thus providing a simple mechanism that can regulate hormone activity through epimerization...
- The oxylipin signal jasmonic acid is activated by an enzyme that conjugates it to isoleucine in ArabidopsisPaul E Staswick
Department of Agronomy and Horticulture, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska 68583, USA
Plant Cell 16:2117-27. 2004..Plant hormone activation by conjugation to amino acids and the enzymes involved in their formation were previously unknown...
- Interdependence of threonine, methionine and isoleucine metabolism in plants: accumulation and transcriptional regulation under abiotic stressVijay Joshi
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Amino Acids 39:933-47. 2010Pathways regulating threonine, methionine and isoleucine metabolism are very efficiently interconnected in plants...
- Integrative genomic analysis identifies isoleucine and CodY as regulators of Listeria monocytogenes virulenceLior Lobel
The Department of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology, The George S Wise Life Sciences Faculty, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
PLoS Genet 8:e1002887. 2012..monocytogenes virulence. Here we show that limiting BCAA concentrations, primarily isoleucine, results in robust induction of the master virulence activator gene, prfA, and the PrfA-regulated genes...
- Isoleucine synthesis in Corynebacterium glutamicum: molecular analysis of the ilvB-ilvN-ilvC operonC Keilhauer
Institut fur Biotechnologie, Forschungszentrum, Julich, Germany
J Bacteriol 175:5595-603. 1993..acid synthase (AHAS) and isomeroreductase (IR) catalyze subsequent reactions in the flux of metabolites towards isoleucine, valine, leucine, and pantothenate...
- A critical role of two positively charged amino acids in the Jas motif of Arabidopsis JAZ proteins in mediating coronatine- and jasmonoyl isoleucine-dependent interactions with the COI1 F-box proteinMaeli Melotto
Department of Energy, Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Plant J 55:979-88. 2008..We have recently shown that jasmonoyl isoleucine (JA-Ile) promotes physical interaction between Arabidopsis JAZ1 and COI1 (the F-box component of SCF(COI1)) ..
- The role of JAR1 in Jasmonoyl-L: -isoleucine production during Arabidopsis wound responseWalter P Suza
Department of Plant and Soil Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546 0312, USA
Planta 227:1221-32. 2008..JAR1 encodes an enzyme that conjugates jasmonic acid (JA) to isoleucine, which was recently shown to function directly in CORONATINE INSENSITIVE 1 (COI1)-mediated signal transduction...
- Determination of isoleucine side-chain conformations in ground and excited states of proteins from chemical shiftsD Flemming Hansen
University of Toronto, Department of Molecular Genetics, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 132:7589-91. 2010..The utility of the approach is demonstrated by an application to the folding reaction of a mutant Fyn SH3 domain, where Ile side-chain structure and dynamics of an on-folding pathway intermediate state are studied...
- Validation of isoleucine utilization targets in Plasmodium falciparumEva S Istvan
Department of Medicine and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:1627-32. 2011..The sole exception is isoleucine, which is not present in adult human hemoglobin and must be obtained exogenously...
- Investigation of the adaptation of Lactococcus lactis to isoleucine starvation integrating dynamic transcriptome and proteome informationClémentine Dressaire
Universite de Toulouse INSA, UPS, INP LISBP, 135 Avenue de Rangueil, F 31077 Toulouse, France
Microb Cell Fact 10:S18. 2011..The global response of the LAB model Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis was characterized during progressive isoleucine starvation in batch culture using a chemically defined medium in which isoleucine concentration was fixed so as ..
- Jasmonate passes muster: a receptor and targets for the defense hormoneJohn Browse
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6340, USA
Annu Rev Plant Biol 60:183-205. 2009..Mutants of Arabidopsis helped researchers define the biochemical pathway for synthesis of jasmonoyl-isoleucine (JA-Ile), the active form of JA hormone, and demonstrated that JA is required for plant survival of insect and ..
- The N-terminal region of Arabidopsis cystathionine gamma-synthase plays an important regulatory role in methionine metabolismYael Hacham
Plant Science Laboratory, Migal Galilee Technology Center, Rosh Pina 12100, Israel
Plant Physiol 128:454-62. 2002....
- Effects of an Escherichia coli ilvA mutant gene encoding feedback-resistant threonine deaminase on L-isoleucine production by Brevibacterium flavumK Hashiguchi
Central Research Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 61:105-8. 1997..ilvA gene of Escherichia coli encoding a threonine deaminase that is resistant to feedback inhibition by L-isoleucine was obtained. It was functional in Brevibacterium flavum, and a wild strain of B...
- An isoleucine to leucine mutation in acetyl-CoA carboxylase confers herbicide resistance in wild oatMichael J Christoffers
Department of Plant Sciences, 474A Loftsgard Hall, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105, USA
Genome 45:1049-56. 2002..Only one nonsynonymous point mutation was found among the resistant wild oat sequences, inferring an isoleucine to leucine substitution...
- Cytochromes P450 CYP94C1 and CYP94B3 catalyze two successive oxidation steps of plant hormone Jasmonoyl-isoleucine for catabolic turnoverThierry Heitz
Institut de Biologie Moleculaire des Plantes, Unité Propre de Recherche 2357 CNRS, Universite de Strasbourg, 12 rue du Général Zimmer, 67084 Strasbourg Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 287:6296-306. 2012The jasmonate hormonal pathway regulates important defensive and developmental processes in plants. Jasmonoyl-isoleucine (JA-Ile) has been identified as a specific ligand binding the COI1-JAZ co-receptor to relieve repression of jasmonate ..
- Increased cytotoxicity of soluble Fas ligand by fusing isoleucine zipper motifTetsuya Shiraishi
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, Saga University, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 322:197-202. 2004..We successfully constructed a chimeric soluble FasL by fusing an isoleucine zipper motif for self-oligomerization and a FLAG sequence to the extracellular domain of the human Fas ligand (..
- Isoleucine and leucine independently regulate mTOR signaling and protein synthesis in MAC-T cells and bovine mammary tissue slicesJ A D Ranga Niroshan Appuhamy
Department of Dairy Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, USA
J Nutr 142:484-91. 2012..Omission of L-arginine, L-isoleucine, L-leucine, or all EAA reduced (P < 0...
- Study and reengineering of the binding sites and allosteric regulation of biosynthetic threonine deaminase by isoleucine and valine in Escherichia coliLin Chen
Department of Biochemical Engineering, School of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin, 300072, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97:2939-49. 2013Biosynthetic threonine deaminase (TD) is a key enzyme for the synthesis of isoleucine which is allosterically inhibited and activated by Ile and Val, respectively...
- Co-expression of feedback-resistant threonine dehydratase and acetohydroxy acid synthase increase L-isoleucine production in Corynebacterium glutamicumLianghong Yin
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi 214122, China
Metab Eng 14:542-50. 2012Threonine dehydratase and acetohydroxy acid synthase are critical enzymes in the L-isoleucine biosynthesis pathway of Corynebacterium glutamicum, but their activities are usually feedback-inhibited...
- Interplant communication: airborne methyl jasmonate is essentially converted into JA and JA-Ile activating jasmonate signaling pathway and VOCs emissionShigeru Tamogami
Laboratory of Biologically Active Substances, Department of Biological Production, Akita Prefectural University, Akita 010 0195, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:723-7. 2008..We found that d(2)MeJA was metabolized mainly into deuterated jasmonic acid (d(2)JA) and jasmonoyl isoleucine (d(2)JA-Ile), and to a much lesser extent, deuterated jasmonoyl leucine (d(2)JA-Leu)...
- Congenital hyperthyroidism caused by a solitary toxic adenoma harboring a novel somatic mutation (serine281-->isoleucine) in the extracellular domain of the thyrotropin receptorP Kopp
Center for Endocrinology, Metabolism and Molecular Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Invest 100:1634-9. 1997..of the TSH receptor gene revealed a mutation in one allele resulting in a substitution of serine281 by isoleucine (Ser281--> Ile) in the extracellular domain. The mutation was restricted to the adenomatous tissue...
- Plant defense elicitors: analogues of jasmonoyl-isoleucine conjugateJiri Svoboda
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Hans Knoll Strasse 8, 07745 Jena, Germany
Phytochemistry 71:1445-9. 2010..Especially, the conjugate of jasmonate and isoleucine is a major regulator which controls gene expression and production of secondary metabolites after (a)biotic ..
- Arabidopsis CYP94B3 encodes jasmonyl-L-isoleucine 12-hydroxylase, a key enzyme in the oxidative catabolism of jasmonateNaoki Kitaoka
Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, Division of Applied Bioscience, Research Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 8589, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 52:1757-65. 2011..It has been shown that jasmonyl-L-isoleucine (JA-Ile) is the bioactive form involved in the jasmonate-mediated signaling pathway...
- A novel l-isoleucine hydroxylating enzyme, l-isoleucine dioxygenase from Bacillus thuringiensis, produces (2S,3R,4S)-4-hydroxyisoleucineTomohiro Kodera
Institute of Life Sciences, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Suzuki cho, Kawasaki shi 210 8681, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390:506-10. 2009..Moreover, 4-HIL-producing microorganisms have not been reported. l-isoleucine (l-Ile) hydroxylating activity producing 4-HIL was detected in a cell lysate of Bacillus thuringiensis strain ..
- Single amino acid alteration between valine and isoleucine determines the distinct pyrabactin selectivity by PYL1 and PYL2Xiaoqiu Yuan
State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Center for Structural Biology, School of Medicine and School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
J Biol Chem 285:28953-8. 2010..and biochemical analyses demonstrated that one single amino acid alteration between a corresponding valine and isoleucine determines the distinct pyrabactin selectivity by PYL1 and PYL2...
- A member of the YER057c/yjgf/Uk114 family links isoleucine biosynthesis and intact mitochondria maintenance in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJ M Kim
Department of Molecular Biology, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma City, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Genes Cells 6:507-17. 2001..Although the molecular function of this protein family is not clear, previous studies suggest that it plays a role in the regulation of metabolic pathways and cell differentiation...
- Hypoglycemic effect of isoleucine involves increased muscle glucose uptake and whole body glucose oxidation and decreased hepatic gluconeogenesisMasako Doi
Division of Pharmacology, Drug Safety and Metabolism, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc, Naruto, Tokushima 772 8601, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 292:E1683-93. 2007b>Isoleucine, a branched chain amino acid, plays an important role in the improvement of glucose metabolism as evidenced by the increase of insulin-independent glucose uptake in vitro...
- Evolutionary constraints on the plastid tRNA set decoding methionine and isoleucineSibah Alkatib
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, D 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 40:6713-24. 2012..A notable exception is the AUN codon box specifying methionine and isoleucine, which is decoded by four tRNA species in nearly all seed plants...
- A 2-oxoacid dehydrogenase complex of Haloferax volcanii is essential for growth on isoleucine but not on other branched-chain amino acidsMarco Sisignano
Goethe University, Biocentre, Institute for Molecular Biosciences, Max von Laue Str 9, D 60438 Frankfurt, Germany
Microbiology 156:521-9. 2010..after growth of the triple mutant in comparison to the wild-type revealed that the mutant was unable to degrade isoleucine and leucine, in contrast to the wild-type...
- HSD17B10: a gene involved in cognitive function through metabolism of isoleucine and neuroactive steroidsSong Yu Yang
Department of Neurochemistry, New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, 1050 Forest Hill Road, Staten Island, NY 10314, USA
Mol Genet Metab 92:36-42. 2007..enzyme that plays a significant part in the metabolism of neuroactive steroids and the degradation of isoleucine. The HSD17B10 gene is composed of six exons and five introns...
- JAZ repressor proteins are targets of the SCF(COI1) complex during jasmonate signallingBryan Thines
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6340, USA
Nature 448:661-5. 2007..Furthermore, the jasmonoyl-isoleucine (JA-Ile) conjugate, but not other jasmonate-derivatives such as jasmonate, 12-oxo-phytodienoic acid, or methyl-..
- Induction of β-defensins by l-isoleucine as novel immunotherapy in experimental murine tuberculosisC E Rivas-Santiago
Experimental Pathology Section, National Institute of Medical Sciences and Nutrition, Mexico City, Mexico
Clin Exp Immunol 164:80-9. 2011..One potential strategy is immunotherapy using cationic anti-microbial peptides. The capacity of l-isoleucine to induce beta-defensin expression and its potential therapeutic efficiency were studied in a mouse model of ..
- Silencing threonine deaminase and JAR4 in Nicotiana attenuata impairs jasmonic acid-isoleucine-mediated defenses against Manduca sextaJin Ho Kang
Department of Molecular Ecology, Max Planck Institute of Chemical Ecology, D 07745 Jena, Germany
Plant Cell 18:3303-20. 2006..The herbivore susceptibility was associated with the reduced levels of jasmonic acid-isoleucine (JA-Ile), trypsin proteinase inhibitors, and nicotine...
- Tolerance of point substitution of methionine for isoleucine in hen egg white lysozymeT Ohmura
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812-8582, Japan
Protein Eng 14:421-5. 2001..b>Isoleucine was examined for the second choice of the substitution of methionine next to leucine...
- Cytochrome P450 CYP94B3 mediates catabolism and inactivation of the plant hormone jasmonoyl-L-isoleucineAbraham J K Koo
Department of Energy, Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:9298-303. 2011The phytohormone jasmonoyl-L-isoleucine (JA-Ile) signals through the COI1-JAZ coreceptor complex to control key aspects of plant growth, development, and immune function...
- A rapid wound signal activates the systemic synthesis of bioactive jasmonates in ArabidopsisAbraham J K Koo
Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Plant J 59:974-86. 2009..that the wounding of Arabidopsis thaliana leaves results in the rapid (<5 min) accumulation of jasmonoyl-l-isoleucine (JA-Ile), the bioactive form of JA, in leaves distal to the wound site...
- Acute and chronic treatment of L-isoleucine ameliorates glucose metabolism in glucose-intolerant and diabetic miceOsamu Ikehara
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, 1 1 Suzuki cho, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki 210 8681, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 31:469-72. 2008The administration of L-isoleucine (isoleucine) has been shown to induce hypoglycemia in normal rats. However, it remains to be elucidated whether isoleucine can improve the blood glucose level in glucose-intolerant or diabetic animals...
- Improved glucose tolerance in Zucker fatty rats by oral administration of the dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitor isoleucine thiazolidideR A Pederson
Department of Physiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Diabetes 47:1253-8. 1998..This study describes the effect of inhibiting endogenous DP IV with a specific DP IV inhibitor, isoleucine thiazolidide (Ile-thiazolidide), on glucose tolerance and insulin secretion in the obese Zucker rat...
- Alternative isoleucine synthesis pathway in cyanobacterial speciesBing Wu
Department of Energy, Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Microbiology 156:596-602. 2010..Isotopomer analysis of its amino acids revealed an identical labelling profile for leucine and isoleucine when Cyanothece 51142 was grown mixotrophically using 2-(13)C-labelled glycerol as the main carbon source...
- Metabolic redirection of carbon flow toward isoleucine by expressing a catabolic threonine dehydratase in a threonine-overproducing Corynebacterium glutamicumS Guillouet
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 57:667-73. 2001..two different threonine dehydratase genes into this threonine-producing system to gauge their effects on isoleucine production...
- Propionic acidemia manifesting with low isoleucine generalized exfoliative dermatosisTanda N Lane
Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Pediatr Dermatol 24:508-10. 2007..Most critical in the etiology of cutaneous eruptions in these patients is low serum isoleucine. Amino acid malnutrition should be considered in the differential diagnosis of generalized exfoliative ..
- How to discriminate between leucine and isoleucine by low energy ESI-TRAP MSnAndrea Armirotti
Department of Experimental Medicine Biochemistry Section and Center of Excellence for Biomedical Research DIMES, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 18:57-63. 2007In peptide sequencing experiments involving a single step tandem mass acquisition, leucine and isoleucine are indistinguishable because both are characterized by a 113 Da mass difference from the other peptide fragments in the MS2 ..
- Transport of the essential nutrient isoleucine in human erythrocytes infected with the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparumRowena E Martin
School of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Blood 109:2217-24. 2007..However, one amino acid, isoleucine, is absent from adult human hemoglobin and must therefore be obtained from the extracellular medium...
- Albumin and amino acids upregulate the expression of human beta-defensin 1Hadas Sherman
Institute of Biochemistry, Food Science, and Nutrition, Faculty of Agriculture, Food, and Environmental Quality, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Mol Immunol 43:1617-23. 2006..Our objective was to determine whether immune-enhancing ingredients, such as arginine, isoleucine, and polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA), which are added to immune-enhancing formulas, mediate their beneficial ..
- Directing the mode of nitrite binding to a copper-containing nitrite reductase from Alcaligenes faecalis S-6: characterization of an active site isoleucineMartin J Boulanger
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Protein Sci 12:248-56. 2003..The atomic coordinates for I257V[NO(2)(-)], I257L[NO(2)(-)], I257A[NO(2)(-)], I257T[NO(2)(-)], I257M[NO(2)(-)] and I257G[NO(2)(-)] AfNiR have been deposited in the Protein Data Bank [PDB identification codes are listed in Table 2].)..
- Critical roles of isoleucine-364 and adjacent residues in a hydrophobic gate control of phospholipid transport by the mammalian P4-ATPase ATP8A2Anna L Vestergaard
Department of Biomedicine, Aarhus University, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E1334-43. 2014..In ATP8A2, the corresponding residue is an isoleucine, which recently was found mutated in patients with cerebellar ataxia, mental retardation, and dysequilibrium ..
- YjgF is required for isoleucine biosynthesis when Salmonella enterica is grown on pyruvate mediumMelissa R Christopherson
Department of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1550 Linden Dr, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Bacteriol 190:3057-62. 2008..In Salmonella enterica, a deletion of yjgF results in a requirement for isoleucine when the mutant strain is grown in glucose-serine or pyruvate medium...
- A new isoleucine substitution of Val-20 in transthyretin tetramers selectively impairs dimer-dimer contacts and causes systemic amyloidosisD E Jenne
Max Planck Institut fur Psychiatrie, Abteilung Neuroimmunologie, Martinsried, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:6302-7. 1996....
- Genome-enabled determination of amino acid biosynthesis in Xanthomonas campestris pv. campestris and identification of biosynthetic pathways for alanine, glycine, and isoleucine by 13C-isotopologue profilingSarah Schatschneider
Abteilung für Proteom und Metabolomforschung, Fakultat fur Biologie, Universitat Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany
Mol Genet Genomics 286:247-59. 2011..Ambiguous pathways were reconstructed from the genome data for alanine, glycine, and isoleucine biosynthesis. (13)C-NMR analyses supported the identification of the metabolically active pathways...
- Isoleucine 309 acts as a C4 catalytic switch that increases ribulose-1,5-bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase (rubisco) carboxylation rate in FlaveriaSpencer M Whitney
Research School of Biology, Australian National University, Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:14688-93. 2011..Coengineering a catalytically faster C(3) rubisco and a CO(2)-concentrating mechanism within C(3) crop species could enhance their efficiency in resource use and yield...
- OsJAR1 and OsJAR2 are jasmonyl-L-isoleucine synthases involved in wound- and pathogen-induced jasmonic acid signallingShinji Wakuta
Division of Applied Bioscience, Research Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 8589, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 409:634-9. 2011..Our data suggest that these two JA-Ile synthases are differentially involved in the activation of JA signalling in response to wounding and pathogen challenge in rice...
- The structural basis for specific decoding of AUA by isoleucine tRNA on the ribosomeRebecca M Voorhees
Medical Research Council Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
Nat Struct Mol Biol 20:641-3. 2013Decoding of the AUA isoleucine codon in bacteria and archaea requires modification of a C in the anticodon wobble position of the isoleucine tRNA...
- Zn(2+) and L-isoleucine induce the expressions of porcine β-defensins in IPEC-J2 cellsXiangbing Mao
Animal Nutrition Institute, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya an, Sichuan, 625014, China
Mol Biol Rep 40:1547-52. 2013..The present study was conducted to determine the hypothesis that zinc and L-isoleucine regulate the expressions of porcine β-defensins in IPEC-J2 cells...
- Pseudomonas syringae pv. tomato DC3000 CmaL (PSPTO4723), a DUF1330 family member, is needed to produce L-allo-isoleucine, a precursor for the phytotoxin coronatineJay N Worley
Department of Plant Pathology and Plant Microbe Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
J Bacteriol 195:287-96. 2013..levels of coronatine production are restored to a ΔcmaL mutant when it is supplemented with 50 μg/ml l-allo-isoleucine, the starting unit for CMA production. cmaL is found in all other sequenced P...
- Increasing l-isoleucine production in Corynebacterium glutamicum by overexpressing global regulator Lrp and two-component export system BrnFEL Yin
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, Wuxi, China
J Appl Microbiol 114:1369-77. 2013To increase the l-isoleucine production in Corynebacterium glutamicum by overexpressing the global regulator Lrp and the two-component export system BrnFE.
- Alternative translations of a single RNA message: an identity switch of (2S,3R)-4,4,4-trifluorovaline between valine and isoleucine codonsPin Wang
Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 43:3664-6. 2004
- Subtype-specific conservation of isoleucine 309 in the envelope V3 domain is linked to immune evasion in subtype C HIV-1 infectionRebecca M Lynch
Immunology and Molecular Pathogenesis Program, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Virology 404:59-70. 2010..The results suggest that Ile 309 preserves a V3-mediated masking function that occludes the CD4 binding site. The findings point to an immune evasion strategy in subtype C Env to protect this vulnerable immune target...
- Partial deficiency of isoleucine impairs root development and alters transcript levels of the genes involved in branched-chain amino acid and glucosinolate metabolism in ArabidopsisHailan Yu
MOE Key Laboratory of Bioinformatics, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
J Exp Bot 64:599-612. 2013b>Isoleucine is one of the branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) that are essential substrates for protein synthesis in all organisms...
- Deficiency in methionine, tryptophan, isoleucine, or choline induces apoptosis in cultured cellsChi Liang E Yen
Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health and School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7400, USA
J Nutr 132:1840-7. 2002..rat brains) undergo apoptosis when deprived of other individual essential nutrients (methionine, tryptophan or isoleucine)...
- Oncosecretomics coupled to bioenergetics identifies α-amino adipic acid, isoleucine and GABA as potential biomarkers of cancer: Differential expression of c-Myc, Oct1 and KLF4 coordinates metabolic changesNadege Bellance
Laboratory for Systems Biology of Human Diseases, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1817:2060-71. 2012..MFP revealed that c-Myc, KLF4 and Oct1 altered amino acid metabolism with specific patterns. We identified isoleucine, α-aminoadipic acid and GABA (γ-aminoisobutyric acid) as biomarkers related...
- An isoleucine/leucine residue in the carboxyltransferase domain of acetyl-CoA carboxylase is critical for interaction with aryloxyphenoxypropionate and cyclohexanedione inhibitorsO Zagnitko
Department of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, University of Chicago, 920 East 58th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:6617-22. 2001..The critical amino acid residue is located close to a highly conserved motif of the carboxyltransferase domain, which is probably a part of the enzyme active site, providing the basis for the activity of fop and dim herbicides...
- Influence of antioxidants and the CYP1A1 isoleucine to valine polymorphism on the smoking--lung cancer associationD Ratnasinghe
Division of Clinical Sciences, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethseda, MD, USA
Anticancer Res 21:1295-9. 2001....
- Side-chain radical losses from radical cations allows distinction of leucine and isoleucine residues in the isomeric peptides Gly-XXX-ArgSheena Wee
School of Chemistry, The University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 16:884-90. 2002..The isomeric residues leucine and isoleucine rarely can be distinguished in these experiments since they give b(n) and y(n) sequence ions of the same m/z...
- Local conformation and dynamics of isoleucine in the collagenase cleavage site provide a recognition signal for matrix metalloproteinasesJianxi Xiao
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, BioMaPS Institute, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
J Biol Chem 285:34181-90. 2010....
- Demonstration of isoleucine 199 as a structural determinant for the selective inhibition of human monoamine oxidase B by specific reversible inhibitorsFrantisek Hubalek
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 280:15761-6. 2005....
- Jasmonoyl-L-isoleucine hydrolase 1 (JIH1) regulates jasmonoyl-L-isoleucine levels and attenuates plant defenses against herbivoresMelkamu G Woldemariam
Department of Molecular Ecology, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Hans Knöll Str 8, Jena D 07745, Germany
Plant J 72:758-67. 2012..In contrast, the conjugation of jasmonic acid (JA) to isoleucine (Ile) is known to enhance the activity of JA...
- Transportation of de novo synthesized jasmonoyl isoleucine in tomatoHideyuki Matsuura
Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, Division of Applied Bioscience, Research Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 8589, Japan
Phytochemistry 83:25-33. 2012..In this study, the distal transport of JA-isoleucine (JA-Ile) that is synthesized de novo in response to leaf wounding in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) plants was ..
- Anticodon-dependent aminoacylation of a noncognate tRNA with isoleucine, valine, and phenylalanine in vivoL Pallanck
Department of Developmental Biology and Cancer, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:3872-6. 1991..were introduced into the initiator tRNA to change the wild-type anticodon from CAU (methionine) to GAU (isoleucine), GAC (valine), and GAA (phenylalanine), where each derivative differs from the preceding by a single base ..
- A novel family of bacterial dioxygenases that catalyse the hydroxylation of free L-amino acidsSergey V Smirnov
Ajinomoto Genetika Research Institute, Moscow, Russia
FEMS Microbiol Lett 331:97-104. 2012L-isoleucine-4-hydroxylase (IDO) is a recently discovered member of the Pfam family PF10014 (the former DUF 2257 family) of uncharacterized conserved bacterial proteins...
- Metabolic engineering of Escherichia coli to produce (2S, 3R, 4S)-4-hydroxyisoleucineSergey V Smirnov
Ajinomoto Genetika Research Institute, 1st Dorozhny pr 1, Moscow 117545, Russia
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 88:719-26. 2010The stereo-specific L-isoleucine-4-hydroxylase (L-isoleucine dioxygenase (IDO)) was cloned and expressed in an Escherichia coli 2Δ strain lacking the activities of α-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase (EC 184.108.40.206), isocitrate liase (EC 4.1.3...
- Genetic and biochemical analysis of the interaction of Bacillus subtilis CodY with branched-chain amino acidsAnuradha C Villapakkam
Graduate Program in Molecular Microbiology, Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Bacteriol 191:6865-76. 2009..CodY protein is a DNA-binding global transcriptional regulator that responds to branched-chain amino acids (isoleucine, leucine, and valine) and GTP...
- Enhancement of lignan biosynthesis in suspension cultures of Linum nodiflorum by coronalon, indanoyl-isoleucine and methyl jasmonateAnna Berim
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Deutschhausstr 17 A, 35037, Marburg, Germany
Planta 222:769-76. 2005The effect of the two synthetic elicitors coronalon and indanoyl-isoleucine and of methyl jasmonate (MeJA) on the accumulation and biosynthesis of lignans by cell suspension cultures of Linum nodiflorum (Linaceae) was investigated...
- Construction of L-lysine-, L-threonine-, and L-isoleucine-overproducing strains of Corynebacterium glutamicumH Sahm
Institut für Biotechnologie Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 782:25-39. 1996..For a further flux from L-threonine to L-isoleucine, the allosteric control of threonine dehydratase was eliminated.
- Central administration of leucine, but not isoleucine and valine, stimulates feeding behavior in neonatal chicksTomofumi Izumi
Laboratory of Animal Science, Department of Agrobiological Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime University, Matsuyama 790 8566, Japan
Neurosci Lett 354:166-8. 2004..In contrast, isoleucine and valine had no effect on ingestive response during experiment periods...
- A novel L-isoleucine metabolism in Bacillus thuringiensis generating (2S,3R,4S)-4-hydroxyisoleucine, a potential insulinotropic and anti-obesity amino acidJun Ogawa
Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 89:1929-38. 2011..thuringiensis ATCC 35646 operate a novel metabolic pathway for L-isoleucine (L-Ile) via HIL and 2-amino-3-methyl-4-ketopentanoic acid (AMKP)...
- Cooperative binding of the feedback modifiers isoleucine and valine to biosynthetic threonine deaminase from Escherichia coliE Eisenstein
Center for Advanced Research in Biotechnology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Baltimore
J Biol Chem 269:29423-9. 1994Control of the regulatory enzyme threonine deaminase from Escherichia coli is achieved by isoleucine inhibition and valine activation...
- Isoleucine, a blood glucose-lowering amino acid, increases glucose uptake in rat skeletal muscle in the absence of increases in AMP-activated protein kinase activityMasako Doi
Division of Pharmacology, Drug Safety and Metabolism, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory Incorporated, Naruto, Tokushima 772 8601, Japan
J Nutr 135:2103-8. 2005Leucine and isoleucine were shown to stimulate insulin-independent glucose uptake in skeletal muscle cells in vitro...
- Specific formation of negative ions from leucine and isoleucine moleculesPeter Papp
Department of Experimental Physics, Comenius University, 842 48 Bratislava, Slovakia
J Chem Phys 132:014301. 2010Dissociative electron attachment (DEA) to gas phase leucine (Leu) and isoleucine (Ile) molecules was studied using experimental and quantum-chemical methods...
- Structural study of the sodium channel inactivation gate peptide including an isoleucine-phenylalanine-methionine motif and its analogous peptide (phenylalanine/glutamine) in trifluoroethanol solutions and SDS micellesY Kuroda
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan
J Pept Res 56:172-84. 2000..In conclusion, the conformational changes, as well as decreased hydrophobicity around the IFM motif owing to the F/Q mutation, may be one reason why F1489Q mutated channels cannot inactivate almost completely...
- Biochemical and mass spectrometric evidence for quaternary structure modifications of plant threonine deaminase induced by isoleucineFrederic Halgand
Laboratoire de Spectrometrie de masse, Institut de Chimie des Substances Naturelles, CNRS, 1 Avenue de la Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Biochemistry 41:13767-73. 2002..TD activity has been shown to be inhibited by isoleucine. This effect is reversed by a large excess of valine...
- Regulation of the threonine operon: tandem threonine and isoleucine codons in the control region and translational control of transcription terminationJ F Gardner
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 76:1706-10. 1979..This peptide contains eight threonine and four isoleucine codons. Eleven of these codons are in tandem...
- Genetic engineering of a Lemna isoleucine auxotrophLong V Nguyen
Biolex Therapeutics, Inc, 158 Credle St, Pittsboro, NC 27312, USA
Transgenic Res 21:1071-83. 2012..capability of Lemna has been further improved with the creation of an auxotroph platform that requires isoleucine supplementation for survival of transformed plant lines...
- An in planta technique for cis-/trans-stereochemical analysis of jasmonoyl isoleucineShigeru Tamogami
Department of Biological Production, Laboratory of Biologically Active Compounds, Akita Prefectural University, Akita 010 0195, Japan
J Plant Physiol 167:933-7. 2010A novel technique for determining the cis-/trans-stereochemistry of jasmonoyl-isoleucine by coupling its alcoholic derivatives by sodium borohydride with high performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry is described...
- COI1 is a critical component of a receptor for jasmonate and the bacterial virulence factor coronatineLeron Katsir
Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:7100-5. 2008..An amino acid-conjugated form of JA, jasmonoyl-isoleucine (JA-Ile), stimulates binding of the F-box protein coronatine-insensitive 1 (COI1) to, and subsequent ubiquitin-..
- A comprehensive survey on isoleucine biosynthesis pathways in seven epidemic Leptospira interrogans reference strains of ChinaYing Zou
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
FEMS Microbiol Lett 269:90-6. 2007Previous studies have indicated that different species of Leptospira synthesize isoleucine via either pyruvate and/or threonine pathways...
- Regulation of ryanodine receptors via macromolecular complexes: a novel role for leucine/isoleucine zippersAndrew R Marks
Department of Medicine, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Center for Molecular Cardiology, New York 10032, USA
Trends Cardiovasc Med 12:166-70. 2002..and PP2A to RyR2 is dependent on the binding of targeting proteins to the channel via highly conserved leucine/isoleucine zippers (LIZs). Formation of an ion channel macromolecular signaling complex is a novel role of LIZs...
- Coded amino acids in gas phase: the shape of isoleucineAlberto Lesarri
Grupo de Espectroscopia Molecular GEM, Departamento de Quimica Fisica y Quimica Inorganica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Valladolid, 47005 Valladolid, Spain
J Am Chem Soc 127:12952-6. 2005The solid alpha-amino acid isoleucine has been vaporized by laser ablation and expanded in a supersonic jet, where the molecular conformations of the isolated molecule were probed using Fourier transform microwave spectroscopy...
- Spastic diplegia and periventricular white matter abnormalities in 2-methyl-3-hydroxybutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiency, a defect of isoleucine metabolism: differential diagnosis with hypoxic-ischemic brain diseasesBwee Tien Poll-The
Department of Pediatrics, Emma Children s Hospital, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Genet Metab 81:295-9. 2004A 19-month-old boy with 2-methyl-3-hydroxybutyryl-CoA dehydrogenase (MHBD) deficiency, a defect of isoleucine degradation, had cognitive and motor development delay, spastic diplegia, dysmorphism, and occipital periventricular white ..
- The metabolic role of isoleucine in detoxification of ammonia in cultured mouse neurons and astrocytesMaja L Johansen
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, 2 Universitetsparken, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurochem Int 50:1042-51. 2007..Catabolism of the branched-chain amino acid isoleucine provides both acetyl-CoA and succinyl-CoA, thus by-passing both the pyruvate dehydrogenase and the alpha-..
- Isoleucine, an essential amino acid, prevents liver metastases of colon cancer by antiangiogenesisKazumoto Murata
The First Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Cancer Res 67:3263-8. 2007..Here, we show that isoleucine, an essential amino acid, prevents liver metastases in a mouse colon cancer metastatic model...
- Mental retardation linked to mutations in the HSD17B10 gene interfering with neurosteroid and isoleucine metabolismSong Yu Yang
Department of Neurochemistry, New York State Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, Staten Island, NY 10314, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:14820-4. 2009..homeostasis is critical for normal cognitive development, and there is increasing evidence that a blockade of isoleucine catabolism alone does not commonly cause developmental disabilities...
- A threonine to isoleucine missense mutation in the pericentriolar material 1 gene is strongly associated with schizophreniaS R Datta
Molecular Psychiatry Laboratory, Research Department of Mental Health Sciences, University College London Medical School, Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, London, UK
Mol Psychiatry 15:615-28. 2010..DNA from research volunteers who had inherited haplotypes associated with schizophrenia showed a threonine to isoleucine missense mutation in exon 24 which was likely to change the structure and function of PCM1 (rs370429)...
- Isoleucine prevents the accumulation of tissue triglycerides and upregulates the expression of PPARalpha and uncoupling protein in diet-induced obese miceJunko Nishimura
Department of Internal Medicine, Oita University, Yufu Hasama, Oita, 879 5593 Japan
J Nutr 140:496-500. 2010In this study, we investigated the effects of the branched-chain amino acid l-isoleucine (Ile) on both obesity and glucose/fat homeostasis in mice that were fed a high-fat (45% energy) diet...
- Hot electron capture dissociation distinguishes leucine from isoleucine in a novel hemoglobin variant, Hb Askew, beta54(D5)Val-->IleJonathan P Williams
Department of Chemistry, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 20:1707-13. 2009..a variant was identified as either beta54Val-->Leu or beta54Val-->Ile, since the amino acids leucine and isoleucine cannot be distinguished using low-energy collisions...
- Distal transport of exogenously applied jasmonoyl-isoleucine with wounding stressChizuru Sato
Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, Division of Applied Bioscience, Research Faculty of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, 060 8589 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 52:509-17. 2011..Using deuterium-labeled analogs, we investigated the distal transport of JA and jasmonoyl-isoleucine (JA-Ile) in response to leaf wounding in tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum) and tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) plants...
- Arabidopsis methionine gamma-lyase is regulated according to isoleucine biosynthesis needs but plays a subordinate role to threonine deaminaseVijay Joshi
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Plant Physiol 151:367-78. 2009The canonical pathway for isoleucine biosynthesis in plants begins with the conversion of threonine to 2-ketobutyrate by threonine deaminase (OMR1)...
- Isoleucine, a potent plasma glucose-lowering amino acid, stimulates glucose uptake in C2C12 myotubesMasako Doi
Division of Pharmacology, Drug Safety and Metabolism, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Inc Muya cho, 772 8601, Naruto, Tokushima, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 312:1111-7. 2003..which branched-chain amino acids affect the plasma glucose levels, we investigated the effects of leucine, isoleucine, and valine (0.3 g/kg body weight p.o.) in normal rats using the oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT, 2 g/kg)...
- A tomato enzyme synthesizes (+)-7-iso-jasmonoyl-L-isoleucine in wounded leavesWalter P Suza
Arkansas Biosciences Institute, Arkansas State University, PO Box 639, State University, Jonesboro, AR 72467, USA
Planta 231:717-28. 2010Jasmonoyl-L-isoleucine (JA-Ile) is a key jasmonate signal that probably functions in all plant species. The JASMONATE RESISTANT 1 (JAR1) enzyme synthesizes JA-Ile in Arabidopsis [Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh...
- Acetohydroxy acid synthase I, a required enzyme for isoleucine and valine biosynthesis in Escherichia coli K-12 during growth on acetate as the sole carbon sourceF E Dailey
J Bacteriol 165:453-60. 1986..the synthesis of alpha-aceto-alpha-hydroxybutyrate and alpha-acetolactate, which are key intermediates of the isoleucine-valine biosynthetic pathway...
- Regulation of isoleucine-valine biosynthesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeS Holmberg
Department of Physiology, Carlsberg Laboratory, Copenhagen, Valby, Denmark
Curr Genet 13:207-17. 1988..multifunctional" since Bollon (1974) indicated its involvement both in the catalysis of the first step in isoleucine biosynthesis and in the regulation of the isoleucine-valine pathway...
- Role of bkdR, a transcriptional activator of the sigL-dependent isoleucine and valine degradation pathway in Bacillus subtilisM Debarbouille
Unité de Biochimie Microbienne, Institut Pasteur, URA 1300 du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Bacteriol 181:2059-66. 1999..This gene controls the utilization of isoleucine and valine as sole nitrogen sources...
- Extracellular Scaffold Elasticity and Binding Sites in Acinar DifferentiationMelinda Larsen; Fiscal Year: 2013..atomic force microscopy;Col IV, collagen type IV;ECM, extracellular matrix;GFP, green fluorescent protein;IKVAV, Isoleucine-Lysine-Valine-Alanine-Valine;PEG, poly(ethylene glycol);PCR, polymerase chain reaction;PEG-DMA, PEG-..
- REGULATION OF DEFENSE SIGNALING IN TOMATOGregg A Howe; Fiscal Year: 2012..Binding of JAZ repressors to the F-box protein COI1 is stimulated by the JA-amino acid conjugate jasmonoyl-isoleucine (JA-Ile)...
- The molecular basis for a broad range of phenotypes related to hTAS2R38Sarah V Lipchock; Fiscal Year: 2012..PROP), to be extremely bitter at low concentrations, whereas individuals with the alanine-valine-isoleucine (AVI) combination require high concentrations to detect PROP or may not be able to taste it at all...
- Determining the Function of PNPLA3 Utilizing Metabolomics and Stable Isotope LabeMATTHEW ALVIN MITSCHE; Fiscal Year: 2013..the metabolism of hepatic triacylglycerides (TAGs) when our lab found that a missense mutation that substitutes isoleucine at position 148 with methionine (I148M) was associated with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in humans...
- Elucidating Protein Folding MechanismsJay R Winkler; Fiscal Year: 2010..Work on Aim 3 involves placement of fluorinated leucine, isoleucine, and valine residues at selected locations in four-helix-bundle proteins with the aim of optimizing and ..
- Integration of metabolism and virulence in Gram-positive bacteriaABRAHAM LINCOLN SONENSHEIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..or off in response to the intracellular pools of four metabolites, the three branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs;isoleucine, leucine and valine) and GTP...
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS AND BIOSYNTHESIS OF BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCESRobert Michael Williams; Fiscal Year: 2013..utilize the tools of total synthesis to fully elucidate the biosynthetic pathway from the primary amino acids (isoleucine, proline, and tryptophan) and mevalonate-derived isoprene moieties to the polycyclic indole alkaloids comprising ..
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF TRANSFER RIBONUCLEIC ACIDSUttam L RajBhandary; Fiscal Year: 2013..iii) To investigate the mechanism by which an archaeal isoleucine tRNA translates specifically the isoleucine codon AUA but not the other isoleucine codons AUU and AUC, or the ..
- Metabolomic analysis of acute stress hyperglycemia in ischemic strokeWILLIAM TAYLOR KIMBERLY; Fiscal Year: 2013..stroke, 2) To determine whether hyperglycemia of stroke influences the way branched chain amino acids (valine, isoleucine and leucine) are altered, and 3) To prospectively investigate whether glucose metabolism and branched chain ..
- Mechanisms of Allosteric Influence on Enzymes ActivityGREGORY DUNCAN REINHART; Fiscal Year: 2012..will be complemented by analogous methyl-TROSY NMR experiments measuring the side-chain dynamics of leucine, isoleucine, and valine residues...
- Investigating Entamoeba histolytica Colonic PathogenesisUpinder Singh; Fiscal Year: 2012..One such gene, encoding an E. histolytica serine, threonine, isoleucine, rich protein (EhSTIRP) is expressed only in virulent strains and conditions and has very low to no expression ..
- The mammalian citochondrial codeYa Ming Hou; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): This work seeks to understand how the unusual genetic code for methionine (Met) and isoleucine (Ile) in mammalian mitochondria is expressed...
- Biosynthesis of Hypotensive Phosphonopeptide Natural ProductsBrian O Bachmann; Fiscal Year: 2010..5 nM, comparable to the widely prescribed antihypertensive drug Captopril. K-26 is comprised of N-acetylated isoleucine, tyrosine, and the nonproteinogenic amino acid, (R)-1-amino-2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)ethylphosphonic acid (AHEP)...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF TRANSFER RIBONUCLEIC ACIDSUTTAM RAJBHANDARY; Fiscal Year: 2009..iii) To investigate the mechanism by which an archaeal isoleucine tRNA translates specifically the isoleucine codon AUA but not the other isoleucine codons AUU and AUC, or the ..
- FUNCTIONAL CHARACTERIZATION OF AGT GENETIC POLYMORPHISMJun yan Hong; Fiscal Year: 2001..One missense alteration occurs at the codon 143 (isoleucine to valine)...
- ROLE OF HUMAN GST PI POLYMORPHISM IN DRUG RESISTANCEShivendra Singh; Fiscal Year: 2003..hGSTP1-1), which is polymorphic in human populations and involves amino acid residues in positions 104 (isoleucine or valine) and 113 (alanine or valine), is believed to be an important mechanism in tumor cell to alkylating ..
- A Mouse Model of Mammalian Shaker Channel RNA EditingTarun Bhalla; Fiscal Year: 2006..RNA editing at this site causes an isoleucine (I) to valine (V) change at a residue important for channel function within the pore-lining $6 domain of Shaker-..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS REGULATING THE PROTEIN KINASE SPRKKathleen Gallo; Fiscal Year: 2002..SPRK's contains several domains that may mediate protein-protein interactions, including an SH3 domain, leucine/isoleucine zipper motifs, a sequence for binding to Rho-family GTPases, and a large proline-rich tail...
- REGULATING BRANCHED-CHAIN--A-KETOACID DEHYDROGENASER Paxton; Fiscal Year: 1992..Catabolism of these essential amino acids (leucine, valine and isoleucine) is altered by various physiological conditions: diabetes, fasting, obesity and trauma...
- IMPLICATION OF BRANCHED-CHAIN AMINO AND KETOACIDSMackenzie Walser; Fiscal Year: 1980Branched-chain amino acids (valine, leucine and isoleucine) and their nitrogen-free analogues, the branched-chain ketoacids, have become a subject of rapidly increasing interest in recent years...
- BIOSYNTHESIS AND METABOLISM OF CYCLOPENTANOIDSRonald Parry; Fiscal Year: 2001..The potential use of the CmaA gene for construction of hybrid peptide antibiotics containing L-alloisoleucine or coronamic acid will also be explored, using surfactin biosynthesis in B. subtilis as a model system. ..
- DEVELOPING BRAIN: EFFECTS OF NUTRITIONAL IMBALANCESGOVIND DHOPESHWARKAR; Fiscal Year: 1980..uptake and utilization of radioactive precursors such as glucose, acetate, amino acids (such as leucine and isoleucine) and ketone bodies such as B hydroxybutyrate to gain information on lipogenesis...
- MOLECULAR IMMUNOLOGY OF MINOR HISTOCOMPATIBILITY ANTIGENSebastian Joyce; Fiscal Year: 2009..antigens during the last funding period: a) we discovered the elusive H4 mH alloantigen in which a threonine to isoleucine variation causes differential phosphorylation and alloreactivity;Jb) the duration of mH alloantigen presentation ..
- COMPARATIVE MECHANISTIC STUDIES OF ISOFUNCTIONAL ENZYMESRONALD VIOLA; Fiscal Year: 1993..In many organisms the amino acids lysine, threonine, methionine and isoleucine each derive a portion of their carbon skeleton from aspartic acid...
- Synthesis of Homochiral beta-Branched-Chain Amino AcidsJAMES KILGORE; Fiscal Year: 2004..Chiral branches permit fine-tuning of biological activity by subtly changing side-chain shapes. For example, D-isoleucine substitution gives more specific and effective insulin and vasopressin antagonists, and potent short ..
- FUNCTION OF HANTAVIRUS ITAMS IN IMMUNE CELL SIGNALINGERICH MACKOW; Fiscal Year: 2000..cause hantavirus pulmonary syndrome (HPS) appear to carry this motif which consists of two tyrosine and leucine/isoleucine (YxxL/I) sequences separated by 7-12 amino acids...
- TRANSFER RNA OF RED BLOOD CELL PRECURSORSDavid Smith; Fiscal Year: 1980..will be done on the specific sites in hemoglobin incorporated by the tRNA isoaccepting species for arginine, isoleucine, leucine, and perhaps other amino acids, and the utilization of tRNA isoaccepting species in hemoglobin ..
- MOLECULAR CHARACTERIZATION OF ACYL-COA DEHYDROGENASESGerard Vockley; Fiscal Year: 2004..involved in the first step of the B-oxidation of fatty acids and in the intermediate metabolism of leucine, isoleucine and valine. Deficiencies of these enzymes are important causes of inherited defects of metabolism in humans...
- RETINAL DEGENERATION: MOLECULAR AND BIOCHEMICAL ASPECTSMUAYYAD AL UBAIDI; Fiscal Year: 2006..differential display PCR (dd-PCR), and microarrays on the rd mouse, deltaI-255/256 transgenic model of isoleucine deletion at position 255 or 256 in opsin, Bouse transgenic mouse that over-expresses normal opsin, and SV40 T ..
- BEDREST AND PROTEIN LOSS IN THE ELDERLYT Stein; Fiscal Year: 2000..kg-1.d-1 each of leucine, isoleucine and valine...
- Epidemiology of SBCAD Deficiency in Hmong-AmericansMaureen Durkin; Fiscal Year: 2009..SBCADD is a rare inborn error of isoleucine metabolism that may cause neurodevelopmental impairments and can now be identified by state-mandated newborn ..
- NONMYELOABLATIVE BMT FOR SICKLE CELL DISEASERichard Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2000..The applicant has created a novel mouse model of sickle cell disease by knocking in an alanine- to-isoleucine mutation into codon 6 of the mouse beta globin major gene...
- PROTEIN BIOSYNTHESIS AS A FUNCTION OF AGE OR CANCERROBERT LOFTFIELD; Fiscal Year: 1980..Previous experiments have shown that (3H)valine substitutes for threonine and isoleucine to the extent of about .03%...
- ENZYMIC MECHANISMS IN BIOSYNTHETIC PATHWAYSH Umbarger; Fiscal Year: 1991..The system currently studied consists of the pathways to isoleucine and valine in bacteria...
- MICROELECTRODES FOR THE DETERMINATION OF NEUROREGULATORSGLENN LUBRANO; Fiscal Year: 1992..GABA), choline, acetylcholine, glycine and the amino acids glutamine, histidine, alanine, asparagine, valine, isoleucine, leucine, arginine, methionine, tryptophan and phenylalanine, which are possible neurotransmitters...
- SODIUM-CALCUIM EXCHANGE IN THE RENAL MICROCIRCULATIONPhillip Bell; Fiscal Year: 2003..The two isoforms differ at position 218 where there is an isoleucine to phenylalnine substitution in the SNCE...
- PHOSPHOLIPID METABOLISM DURING SYNCHRONOUS DIVISIONLONNIE INGRAM; Fiscal Year: 1980..The rate of synthesis of lipids was examined by continuously labelling with 3H-isoleucine and pulse-labelling with either 32PO4 ions or 14C-acetate for lipid...
- Ion Trap Tandem MS Using Electron Capture DissociationVladimir Doroshenko; Fiscal Year: 2003..and glycosylation, that allows for easy determination of their sites, can distinguish between Leucine and Isoleucine amino acid residues in peptide sequences and produces no rearrangement ions, thus, simplifying peptide ..
- CHRYSTALLIZING DISULFIDE-STABILIZED HIV-1 ENV PROTEINSJohn Moore; Fiscal Year: 2004..A variant SOS gp140 protein, designated SOSIP gp140, contains an isoleucine-to-proline substitution at position 559 in the N-terminal heptad repeat region of gp41 (SOS 1559P, or SOSIP ..
- CYTOTOXICITY OF 125I DECAY PRODUCED LESIONS IN CHROMATINLinda Yasui; Fiscal Year: 1991..cells with differing chromatin compaction due to their cell cycle position, chromatin decondensation produced by isoleucine deprivation, and DNA damage induction in isolated subcellular particles retaining different levels of chromatin ..
- New Method of Ion Dissociation in QTOF Mass SpectrometryVADYM BERKOUT; Fiscal Year: 2003..and glycosylation that facilitates determination of their sites, and can also distinguish between Leucine and Isoleucine amino acid residues...
- TRANSLATIONAL CONTROL OF TRANSCRIPTION TERMINATIONG Hatfield; Fiscal Year: 1990..We further propose to determine the molecular mechanisms responsible for the regulation of the ilvYC gene and the valyl-tRNA synthetase gene, and the roles of the AHAS isozymes in the regulation of isoleucine-valine biosynthesis.
- Clostridium difficile Toxin Gene RegulationABRAHAM LINCOLN SONENSHEIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Probing the Enzymatic Basis of Canavan DiseaseRONALD VIOLA; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also learn how aspartoacylase functions, and why it malfunctions in Canavan disease. ..
- NEPHRITOGENIC EPITOPES IN GOODPASTURES SYNDROMEWARREN BOLTON; Fiscal Year: 2001..Further, the knowledge resultant from these investigations may provide a basis for the eventual development of specific therapeutic interventions for Goodpasture's syndrome. ..
- MEMBRANE FUNCTION IN MUTANTS OF CAENORHABDITIS ELEGANSJohn Browse; Fiscal Year: 2004..Quantitative measures of low-temperature performance and thermotolerance of the range of desaturase mutants will be correlated with fatty acid composition and measurements of membrane fluidity. ..
- Meeting on the Pathogenesis of ClostridiaABRAHAM SONENSHEIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The conference will conclude with an in-depth analysis of interactions between the pathogenic clostridia and their hosts in Session 10. ..
- Growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 therapy in CKD and ESRDWARREN BOLTON; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of cardiac ion channel function via allosteric modulatorsAndrew Marks; Fiscal Year: 2007..The studies are significant because they may lead to a novel therapeutic approach based on allosteric modulation of RyR that can result in improved therapy for human cardiovascular diseases. ..
- TOTAL SYNTHESIS OF APOPTOLIDINK Nicolaou; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed work is expected to have significant impact in the area of cancer chemotherapy and should provide enabling technologies and tools for biology and medicine. ..
- Enzyme Targets-Sterol Synthesis-Opportunistic PathogensWILLIAM NES; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results from these studies will facilitate the design of therapeutic strategies aimed to provide species-specific discrimination of inhibition in the ergosterol biosynthetic pathway. ..
- ROLE OF GLIA IN PARKINSON'S DISEASEJames Morgan; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, as dopamine but not other catecholamines triggers this pathway it can account for the neuronal specificity of MPTP killing. ..
- ASYMMETRIC SYNTHESIS OF IONOPHORE/MACROLIDE ANTIBIOTICSDavid Evans; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our goal has been to set in place all of the reactions necessary for the rapid assemblage of any polyketide target structure. ..
- New Paradigms of P450-mediated Steroids MetabolismAlan Conley; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory actions of novel growth factor mimeticsRICK MEEKER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Expression and Function of EPLINDavid Chang; Fiscal Year: 2002..The specific aims of this grant will test our ideas by studying (i) biochemical properties of EPLIN; (ii) function of EPLIN in normal and cancer cells; (iii) function of EPLIN during embryogenesis and in tissue homeostasis. ..
- DNA polymerase beta and colon cancerJoann Sweasy; Fiscal Year: 2007..These variants will be characterized in genetic and biochemical assays to determine if they have phenotypes that are consistent with cancer etiology. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nipah Virus and Hendra Virus Subunit VaccinesChristopher Broder; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will evaluate monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies in both reporter-gene membrane fusion assays and in virus-neutralization assays. ..
- NOVEL GST AND DETOXICATION OF DIOL EPOXIDESShivendra Singh; Fiscal Year: 2006..In the long-term, this knowledge will guide us in developing strategies for prevention of PAH-induced cancers in humans. ..