Genomes and Genes
Summary: One of the FLAVORING AGENTS used to impart a meat-like flavor. Medically it has been used to reduce blood ammonia levels in ammoniacal azotemia, therapy of hepatic coma, in psychosis, and mental retardation.
Publications237 found, 100 shown here
- Different functional roles of T1R subunits in the heteromeric taste receptorsHong Xu
Senomyx, Inc, 11099 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:14258-63. 2004..Taken together, these findings demonstrate the different functional roles of T1R3 and T1R2 and the presence of multiple ligand binding sites on the sweet taste receptor...
- Monosodium glutamate is not associated with obesity or a greater prevalence of weight gain over 5 years: findings from the Jiangsu Nutrition Study of Chinese adultsZumin Shi
Department of Nutrition and Foodborne Disease Prevention, Jiangsu Provincial Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, 172 Jiangsu Road, Nanjing, China
Br J Nutr 104:457-63. 2010..These findings indicate that when other food items or dietary patterns are accounted for, no association exists between MSG intake and weight gain...
- Comparison between PACAP- and enriched environment-induced retinal protection in MSG-treated newborn ratsPeter Kiss
Department of Anatomy, University of Pecs, 7624 Pecs, Szigeti u 12, Hungary
Neurosci Lett 487:400-5. 2011..We found that both PACAP and environmental enrichment led to a similar degree of retinal protection, but the two treatments together did not lead to increased protection: their effects were not additive...
- Anti-inflammatory effect of atorvastatin ameliorates insulin resistance in monosodium glutamate-treated obese miceDaniela T Furuya
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, 05508 900 Sao Paulo, Brasil
Metabolism 59:395-9. 2010..The present findings demonstrate that atorvastatin has anti-inflammatory effects on adipose tissue of obese mice, which may be important to its local and whole-body insulin-sensitization effects...
- Monosodium glutamate is related to a higher increase in blood pressure over 5 years: findings from the Jiangsu Nutrition Study of Chinese adultsZumin Shi
Department of Nutrition and Foodborne isease Prevention, Jiangsu Provincial Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, 172 Jiangsu Road, Nanjing 210009, China
J Hypertens 29:846-53. 2011..The aim of this analysis was to investigate a possible association between monosodium glutamate (MSG) intake and change in blood pressure over 5 years...
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus in obese mouse model induced by monosodium glutamateMitsunobu Nagata
Central Research Laboratories, Research and Development Division, Tsumura and Co, Ibaraki, Japan
Exp Anim 55:109-15. 2006..From the above results, these mice are considered to be useful as new experimental model animals developing a high rate of obese type 2 (non-insulin dependent) diabetes mellitus without polyphagia...
- Changes in open-field activity and novelty-seeking behavior in periadolescent rats neonatally treated with monosodium glutamateP Kiss
Department of Anatomy, University of Pecs, Medical Faculty, Hungary
Neurotox Res 12:85-93. 2007..Furthermore, MSG-treated rats show a markedly disturbed novelty-seeking behavior represented by altered activity when subjected to a novel object...
- Systemic administration of monosodium glutamate elevates intramuscular glutamate levels and sensitizes rat masseter muscle afferent fibersBrian E Cairns
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of British Columbia, 2146 East Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Pain 132:33-41. 2007..These findings suggest that modest elevations of interstitial glutamate concentration could alter musculoskeletal pain sensitivity in humans...
- Reconsidering the effects of monosodium glutamate: a literature reviewMatthew Freeman
OhioHealth, Columbus, Ohio, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 18:482-6. 2006....
- The monosodium glutamate (MSG) obese rat as a model for the study of exercise in obesityC A Gobatto
Departamento de Educacao Fisica, I B, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, Rio Claro, Avenida 24 A, 1515, Rio Claro, Sao Paulo, Brasil, CEP 13506 900
Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 111:89-101. 2002..These data indicate that this model may be of value for the study of exercise effects on tissue and circulating lipid profile in obesity...
- Development of neurological reflexes and motor coordination in rats neonatally treated with monosodium glutamateP Kiss
Department of Anatomy, Neurohumoral Regulations Research Group of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, University of Pecs, Hungary
Neurotox Res 8:235-44. 2005..These results show that MSG treatment does not cause permanent alterations in the neurobehavioral development, only delays the appearance of some reflexes and leads to temporary changes in reflex performance and motor coordination signs...
- The receptors for mammalian sweet and umami tasteGrace Q Zhao
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Departments of Biology and Neurosciences, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell 115:255-66. 2003....
- Effect of dietary monosodium glutamate on trans fat-induced nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseKate S Collison
Cell Biology and Diabetes Research Unit, Department of Biological and Medical Research, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh 11211, Saudi Arabia
J Lipid Res 50:1521-37. 2009..TFA+MSG mice also had a high degree of WAT deposition and lipogenic gene expression. Levels of Ppargc1a were further reduced to 25% by TFA+MSG treatment. MSG exacerbates TFA-induced NAFLD...
- Swimming exercise at weaning improves glycemic control and inhibits the onset of monosodium L-glutamate-obesity in miceA E Andreazzi
Laboratory of Secretion Cell Biology, Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, State University of Maringa, PR, Brazil
J Endocrinol 201:351-9. 2009....
- Consumption of monosodium glutamate in relation to incidence of overweight in Chinese adults: China Health and Nutrition Survey (CHNS)Ka He
Departments of Nutrition and Epidemiology, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 93:1328-36. 2011..It has been hypothesized that monosodium glutamate (MSG), a flavor enhancer, is positively associated with weight gain, which influences energy balance through the disruption of the hypothalamic signaling cascade of leptin action...
- MSG intake suppresses weight gain, fat deposition, and plasma leptin levels in male Sprague-Dawley ratsTakashi Kondoh
Institute of Life Sciences, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Suzuki cho 1 1, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki 210 8681, Japan
Physiol Behav 95:135-44. 2008..Conceivably, these effects of MSG might be mediated via gut GLU receptors functionally linked to afferent branches of the vagus nerve in the gut, or the afferent sensory nerves in the oral cavity...
- Monosodium glutamate-induced oxidative damage and genotoxicity in the rat: modulatory role of vitamin C, vitamin E and quercetinE O Farombi
Department of Biochemistry, Drug Metabolism and Toxicology Research Laboratories, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Hum Exp Toxicol 25:251-9. 2006..The results indicate that dietary antioxidants have protective potential against oxidative stress induced by MSG and, in addition, suggest that active oxygen species may play an important role in its genotoxicity...
- Neonatal exposure to monosodium L-glutamate induces loss of neurons and cytoarchitectural alterations in hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons of adult ratsCarlos Beas-Zarate
Laboratorio de Neurobiología Celular y Molecular, CIBO, IMSS Departamento de Biología Celular y Molecular, CUCBA, Universidad de Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Brain Res 952:275-81. 2002..These could lead to functional alterations in the hippocampal integrative activity, due to an early cytoexcitotoxic effect of monosodium glutamate...
- Neuronal death and tumor necrosis factor-alpha response to glutamate-induced excitotoxicity in the cerebral cortex of neonatal ratsV Chaparro-Huerta
Division de Neurociencias, Centro de Investigación Biomédica de Occidente CIBO, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social IMSS, P O 4 160, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44421, Mexico
Neurosci Lett 333:95-8. 2002....
- Obesity induced by neonatal treatment with monosodium glutamate impairs microvascular reactivity in adult rats: role of NO and prostanoidsN S Lobato
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 21:808-16. 2011....
- Association of monosodium glutamate intake with overweight in Chinese adults: the INTERMAP StudyKa He
Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 16:1875-80. 2008..03) and 2.75 (95% confidence interval, 1.28-5.95, P = 0.04). This research provides data that MSG intake may be associated with increased risk of overweight independent of physical activity and total energy intake in humans...
- Dietary trans-fat combined with monosodium glutamate induces dyslipidemia and impairs spatial memoryKate S Collison
Cell Biology and Diabetes Research Unit, Department of Biological and Medical Research, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, P O Box 3354, Riyadh 11211, Saudi Arabia
Physiol Behav 99:334-42. 2010..The subjects were given four days of training to find a hidden platform and a fifth day of reversal learning, in which the platform was moved to a new location...
- Glucose tolerance and insulin action in monosodium glutamate (MSG) obese exercise-trained ratsM A de Mello
, Universidade Estadual Paulista - UNESP, Rio Claro/SP, Brazil
Physiol Chem Phys Med NMR 33:63-71. 2001..Chronic aerobic exercise was able to improve glucose tolerance and reduce insulin resistance in MSG-obese rats. These effects were associated to an increase in glucose uptake by muscle and adipose tissue in response to insulin...
- [Experimental model to induce obesity in rats]Vinicius Von Diemen
Post Graduate Program in Surgery, UFRGS, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 21:425-9. 2006....
- Effect of neonatal treatment with monosodium glutamate on dopaminergic and L-DOPA-ergic neurons of the medial basal hypothalamus and on prolactin and MSH secretion of ratsI Bodnar
Neuroendocrine Research Laboratory, Department of Human Morphology and Developmental Biology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Brain Res Bull 55:767-74. 2001....
- Behavioral deficits in adult rats treated neonatally with glutamateZdenek Hlinak
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Videnska 1083, 142 00 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Neurotoxicol Teratol 27:465-73. 2005..Sex-dependent differences in behavioral performance were suggested in the open field and elevated plus maze tests. Behavioral changes are discussed in light of the deficits in perception and processing of visual and olfactory stimuli...
- Effects of oral monosodium (L)-glutamate on insulin secretion and glucose tolerance in healthy volunteersHugues Chevassus
Section of Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Investigation Center, Saint Eloi University Hospital, and Research Unit UPRES EA 1677, Faculty of Medicine, Montpellier, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 53:641-3. 2002..To investigate the effects of glutamate on insulin secretion and glucose tolerance in humans...
- Neonatal administration of monosodium glutamate prevents the development of ethanol- but not psychostimulant-induced sensitization: a putative role of the arcuate nucleusMarta Miquel
Area de Psicobiologia, Universitat Jaume I, 12071, Castello, Spain
Eur J Neurosci 17:2163-70. 2003..Our findings therefore suggest that the arcuate nucleus may be critical for the neuroadaptations that underlie the behavioural sensitization to ethanol, in contrast to those mediating psychostimulant-induced sensitization...
- Effects of pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide in retinal degeneration induced by monosodium-glutamateAndrea Tamas
Department of Anatomy, Pécs University Medical Faculty, Szigeti u 12, 7624 Pecs, Hungary
Neurosci Lett 372:110-3. 2004..In summary, our present study shows that local PACAP treatment could attenuate the retinal degeneration induced by the excitotoxic effects of glutamate...
- Glutamate and the UMAMI taste: sensory, metabolic, nutritional and behavioural considerations. A review of the literature published in the last 10 yearsF Bellisle
INSERM U 341 and Service de Nutrition, Paris, France
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 23:423-38. 1999....
- Monosodium glutamate-induced damage in liver and kidney: a morphological and biochemical approachG G Ortiz
Lab de Desarrollo Envejecimiento, Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas, Division de Neurociencias, Centro de Investigación Biomédica de Occidente CIBO, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social IMSS, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Biomed Pharmacother 60:86-91. 2006..Also, an increment of the lipid peroxidation products, in kidney, was exhibited at 15, 30 and 45 min while in liver it was observed at 30 and 45 min. Degenerative changes were observed (edema-degeneration-necrosis) at 15, 30 and 45 min...
- Glutamate ingestion: the plasma and muscle free amino acid pools of resting humansT E Graham
Department of Human Biology and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph N1G 2W1, Canada L85 4L8
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 278:E83-9. 2000..This increase in muscle glutamate concentration could account for approximately 40% of the MSG ingested; we propose that resting skeletal muscle is a major sink for the glutamate and metabolizes it to aspartate...
- Protective effects of α-tocopherol against oxidative stress related to nephrotoxicity by monosodium glutamate in ratsM V Sauganth Paul
School of Biosciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala 686560, India
Toxicol Mech Methods 22:625-30. 2012..Antioxidant vitamins have the capacity to regulate the oxidative stress related functional and pathological processes...
- Deficit in hippocampal long-term potentiation in monosodium glutamate-treated ratsE R G Sanabria
Departamento de Neurologia e Neurocirurgia, Disciplina de Neurologia Experimental, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Brain Res Bull 59:47-51. 2002..5 +/- 2.9%, whereas the MSG group displayed an overall response enhancement of 17.65 +/- 2.7% of basal levels (p < 0.01). These findings indicate that MSG-treated rats display a chronic impairment of CA1 synaptic plasticity...
- Effects of oral monosodium glutamate in mouse models of asthmaJunya Yoneda
Institute of Life Sciences, Ajinomoto Co Inc, Kawasaki ku, Kawasaki shi, Japan
Food Chem Toxicol 49:299-304. 2011..The results of this study suggest that MSG is not involved in the development of asthma or in acute asthmatic responses, and they support previous observations from well-designed clinical studies...
- Glutamate concentration in whole saliva and taste responses to monosodium glutamate in humansA Scinska-Bienkowska
Department of Otolaryngology, Warsaw Medical Academy, Warsaw, Poland
Nutr Neurosci 9:25-31. 2006..The difference remained significant after controlling for a between-group difference in age. The present results suggest that individual differences in salivary Glu levels may alter hedonic responses to suprathreshold MSG concentrations...
- Effects of the neonatal treatment with monosodium glutamate on myenteric neurons and the intestine wall in the ileum of ratsAngélica Soares
Enteric Neurons Laboratory, Department of Morphophysiological Sciences, State University of Maringa, Av Colombo 5790, Maringá Paraná, PR, 87020 900, Brazil
J Gastroenterol 41:674-80. 2006..This study evaluated the effects of the neonatal administration of MSG on the frequency and morphometry of the myenteric as well as the ileum wall morphometry of adult Wistar male rats...
- Effect of systemic monosodium glutamate (MSG) on headache and pericranial muscle sensitivityL Baad-Hansen
Department of Clinical Oral Physiology, School of Dentistry, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Cephalalgia 30:68-76. 2010..Systolic BP was elevated in the high MSG session compared with low MSG and placebo. These findings add new information to the concept of MSG headache and craniofacial pain sensitivity...
- Decreased glucose transporter (GLUT 4) content in insulin-sensitive tissues of obese aurothioglucose- and monosodium glutamate-treated miceU F Machado
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Japan
Horm Metab Res 25:462-5. 1993..These results confirm a decreased expression of GLUT 4, but not of GLUT 1, in insulin-sensitive tissues, which may contribute to the impaired glucose utilization in these obese animals...
- Consensus meeting: monosodium glutamate - an updateK Beyreuther
ZMBH, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:304-13. 2007..Update of the Hohenheim consensus on monosodium glutamate from 1997: Summary and evaluation of recent knowledge with respect to physiology and safety of monosodium glutamate...
- Signal transduction and information processing in mammalian taste budsStephen D Roper
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Pflugers Arch 454:759-76. 2007..This suggests that there is important information processing and signal coding taking place in the mammalian taste bud after gustatory stimulation...
- Cox-2 inhibition attenuates cardiovascular and inflammatory aspects in monosodium glutamate-induced obese ratsN V Cunha
Department of Physiological Sciences, State University of Londrina, Londrina, Parana, Brazil
Life Sci 87:375-81. 2010..the purpose of the present work was to investigate the effect of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibition on the cardiovascular and inflammatory aspects promoted by monosodium glutamate (MSG)-induced obesity in rats...
- The liaison of sweet and savoryVeronica Galindo-Cuspinera
Monell Chemical Senses Center, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Chem Senses 31:221-5. 2006....
- Regulation of Cbl-associated protein/Cbl pathway in muscle and adipose tissues of two animal models of insulin resistanceAna C P Thirone
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, 13081 970 Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Endocrinology 145:281-93. 2004..In addition, our data provide evidence that the CAP-Cbl pathway may have a role in the modulation of adiposity in fasting and in MSG-treated rats...
- Effect of maternal obesity on diabetes development in adult rat offspringKleber Eduardo de Campos
Laboratory of Experimental Research of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, School of Medicine of Botucatu São Paulo State University Unesp São Paulo State, CEP 18618 000, Brazil
Life Sci 81:1473-8. 2007....
- Comparison of the obesity phenotypes related to monosodium glutamate effect on arcuate nucleus and/or the high fat diet feeding in C57BL/6 and NMRI miceR Matysková
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 57:727-34. 2008..NMRI mice were less prone to DIO than C57BL/6 ones and did not show significant changes in metabolic parameters after feeding with high-fat diet...
- Effect of adrenalectomy on the activity of small intestine enzymes in monosodium glutamate obese ratsS Mozes
Institute of Animal Physiology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Soltesovej 4, 040 01 Kosice, Slovak Republic
Physiol Res 53:415-22. 2004..This information contributes to a better understanding of the importance of small intestinal function for the development of obesity and its maintenance in later life...
- [Continuous and intermittent exercise: effects of training and detraining on body fat in obese rats]Larissa Ribeiro Braga
Departamento de Educacao Fisica, I B, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, Brasil
Arch Latinoam Nutr 54:58-65. 2004..Only intermittent exercise training improved aerobic fitness but both protocols were similarly efficient in determining weight loss. However, the effects were transitory, since they disappeared after detraining...
- Effect of cholecystokinin on feeding is attenuated in monosodium glutamate obese miceLenka Maletinska
Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Flemingovo nam 2, 166 10 Praha 6, Czech Republic
Regul Pept 136:58-63. 2006..This makes the MSG model suitable for clarifying generally the central control of food intake...
- Lipid metabolism of monosodium glutamate obese rats after partial removal of adipose tissueA A Bueno
Department of Physiology, Sao Paulo Federal University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Physiol Res 54:57-65. 2005..In the obese animals only, it stimulated both local and carcass lipogenesis rate as well as adipocyte differentiation, i.e. responses likely to favor excised tissue re-growth and/or compensatory growth of non-excised depots...
- Reduced content and preserved translocation of glucose transporter (GLUT 4) in white adipose tissue of obese miceU F Machado
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Physiol Behav 55:621-5. 1994..We conclude that WAT of insulin-resistant obese AuTG- and MSG-treated mice has a decreased GLUT 4, but not GLUT 1, content, and the in vivo insulin-stimulated GLUT 4 translocation is preserved...
- GLUT4 protein is differently modulated during development of obesity in monosodium glutamate-treated micePaula de Carvalho Papa
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Av Professor Lineu Prestes, 1524, Sao Paulo SP, 05508 900, Brazil
Life Sci 71:1917-28. 2002..Later on, when obesity is fully established, the GLUT4 protein was reduced in SM, heart and WAT, and that may be involved in the insulin resistance present in this condition...
- Effect of vitamin E on monosodium glutamate induced hepatotoxicity and oxidative stress in ratsOscar Okwudiri Onyema
Toxicology Unit, Department of Biochemistry, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
Indian J Biochem Biophys 43:20-4. 2006..The results showed that MSG at a dose of 0.6 mg/g body wt induced the oxidative stress and hepatotoxicity in rats and vitamin E ameliorated MSG-induced oxidative stress and hepatotoxicity...
- The neuropeptide Y/agouti gene-related protein (AGRP) brain circuitry in normal, anorectic, and monosodium glutamate-treated miceC Broberger
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:15043-8. 1998..Our results show that arcuate NPY neurons, identified by the presence of AGRP, project more extensively in the brain than previously known and indicate that the feeding regulatory actions of NPY may extend beyond the hypothalamus...
- Decreased lipolysis and enhanced glycerol and glucose utilization by adipose tissue prior to development of obesity in monosodium glutamate (MSG) treated-ratsM Dolnikoff
Department of Physiology, , Brazil
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:426-33. 2001..In addition, the enhanced lipogenesis and glycerol reutilization seen in their adipose tissue, disturbs the normal balance between fat depots breakdown and accumulation in favor of the latter...
- Changes of exploratory behaviour and its habituation in rats neonatally treated with monosodium glutamateM Dubovicky
Institute of Experimental Pharmacology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 56:565-9. 1997..Males proved to be more vulnerable to neonatal MSG treatment and handling than females. These results suggest a negative effect of neonatal stress and treatment with MSG on habituation to a new environment in male rats...
- Central but not peripheral glucoprivation is impaired in monosodium glutamate-treated ratsIracema Senna de Andrade
Department of Physiology, Division of Neurophysiology and Endocrine Physiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, SP 04023 060, Brazil
Neurosci Lett 398:6-11. 2006..It seems likely that the excitatory neural pathway that controls lipid metabolism and is present in C rats was destroyed by the MSG treatment...
- Adrenal medullary function and expression of catecholamine-synthesizing enzymes in mice with hypothalamic obesityAndréia C P Martins
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, State University of Maringa, Maringa, PR, Brazil
Life Sci 74:3211-22. 2004..We conclude that in MSG obesity the low total catecholamine content is directly related to a decrease of key catecholamine-synthesizing enzymes, which by its turn may lead to a defective catecholamine secretion...
- Swim training applied at early age is critical to adrenal medulla catecholamine content and to attenuate monosodium L-glutamate-obesity onset in miceD X Scomparin
Laboratory of Secretion Cell Biology, Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, State University of Maringa, Av Colombo 5790, Bloco H 67, S 019, 87020 900 Maringa PR Brazil
Life Sci 79:2151-6. 2006..We conclude that metabolic changes imposed by early exercise, leading to an attenuation of MSG-hypothalamic obesity onset, are at least in part due to sympathoadrenal activity modulation...
- Insulin secretion in monosodium glutamate (MSG) obese rats submitted to aerobic exercise trainingClaudio Teodoro de Souza
Departamento de Educacao Fisica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, 13506 900 Rio Claro, SP, Brazil
Physiol Chem Phys Med NMR 35:43-53. 2003....
- The dual effect of isoproterenol on insulin release is suppressed in pancreatic islets from hypothalamic obese ratsAnderson Carlos Marçal
Laboratory of Secretion Cell Biology, Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, State University of Maringa, Maringa, PR, Brazil
Endocrine 29:445-9. 2006..Isoproterenol, a beta-adrenergic agonist, inhibited the GIIR in islets from MSG-obese rats. Results indicate that MSG treatment causes alteration on function of beta-cell adrenoceptors...
- The neonatal treatment of rats with monosodium glutamate induces morphological changes in the subfornical organP Pesini
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Santiago, 27002 Lugo, Spain
Anat Histol Embryol 33:273-7. 2004..These findings suggest that the SFO could be implicated in some of the cardiovascular alterations observed in MSG-treated rats...
- Fat storage is partially dependent on vagal activity and insulin secretion of hypothalamic obese ratSandra Lucinei Balbo
Laboratory of Secretion Cell Biology, Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, State University of Maringa, Avenida Colombo 5790, Maringa, PR, 87020 900, Brazil
Endocrine 31:142-8. 2007..Results suggest that increased fat accumulation is caused, at least in part, by high blood insulin concentration, and enhanced parasympathetic activity on MSG-obese rats...
- Muscarinic M2 receptor is active on pancreatic islets from hypothalamic obese ratSabrina Grassiolli
Laboratory of Secretion Cell Biology, Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, State University of Maringa, Avenida Colombo 5790, 87020 900 Maringa, Brazil
Eur J Pharmacol 556:223-8. 2007..The inhibitory action of muscarinic M(2) receptor may be a mechanism by which acetylcholine discloses weak insulinotropic effect in MSG-obese rats...
- Surgical removal of visceral fat decreases plasma free fatty acid and increases insulin sensitivity on liver and peripheral tissue in monosodium glutamate (MSG)-obese ratsY W Kim
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Yeungnam University, Taegu, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 14:539-45. 1999....
- Biotransformation kinetics of Pseudomonas putida for cometabolism of phenol and 4-chlorophenol in the presence of sodium glutamateS J Wang
Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, The National University of Singapore, Singapore
Biodegradation 12:189-99. 2001..describe the degradation of phenol and cometabolic transformation of 4-chlorophenol (4-cp) in the presence of sodium glutamate (SG) has been developed and validated experimentally...
- Pancreatic islets from hypothalamic obese rats maintain K+ATP channel-dependent but not -independent pathways on glucose-induced insulin release processSabrina Grassiolli
Laboratory of Secretion Cell Biology, Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, State University of Maringa, Maringa, PR, Brazil
Endocrine 30:191-6. 2006..Results indicate that MSG-obese rats oversecreted insulin, even though the K+ATP channel-independent pathway is impaired in their beta cells...
- Diminished epinephrine excretion in genetically obese (ob/ob) mice and monosodium glutamate-treated ratsF S Leigh
Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 16:597-604. 1992....
- Late effects of postnatal administration of monosodium glutamate on insulin action in adult ratsL Macho
Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Physiol Res 49:S79-85. 2000..However, the effect of insulin on lipogenesis was not changed. Our results indicated that early postnatal administration of MSG exerts an important effect on glucose metabolism and insulin action in adipocytes of adult animals...
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG): a villain and promoter of liver inflammation and dysplasiaYuko Nakanishi
Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
J Autoimmun 30:42-50. 2008..These results take on considerable significance in light of the widespread usage of dietary MSG and we suggest that MSG should have its safety profile re-examined and be potentially withdrawn from the food chain...
- Brain mechanisms that analyse umami taste and their relation to the control of feedingEdmund T Rolls
University of Oxford, Department of Experimental Psychology, England
Forum Nutr 56:84-7. 2003
- Changes in selection and intake of foods in humans, induced by the addition of monosodium glutamateFrance Bellisle
INSERM U341, Hotel Dieu, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris, France
Forum Nutr 56:84. 2003
- Design of virtual libraries of umami-tasting moleculesMartin G Grigorov
Nestle Research Center, Vers chez les Blanc, P O Box 44, CH 1000 Lausanne 26, Switzerland
J Chem Inf Comput Sci 43:1248-58. 2003..It is shown that the representations of molecular data sets in chemical spaces possess self-similar properties, characteristic of fractal objects...
- Monosodium glutamate in standard and high-fiber diets: metabolic syndrome and oxidative stress in ratsYeda Sant Diniz
Department of Clinical Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo State, Botucatu, Brazil
Nutrition 21:749-55. 2005..This study determined the effects of adding monosodium glutamate (MSG) to a standard diet and a fiber-enriched diet on glucose metabolism, lipid profile, and oxidative stress in rats...
- Gustatory neural responses to umami taste stimuli in C57BL/6ByJ and 129P3/J miceMasashi Inoue
Laboratory of Cellular Neurobiology, Department of Life Science, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Chem Senses 29:789-95. 2004..Strain differences in gustatory neural responses to nucleotides but not glutamate suggest that these compounds may activate distinct taste transduction mechanisms...
- Photic regulation of circadian rhythms and the expression of p75 neurotrophin receptor immunoreactivity in the suprachiasmatic nucleus in ratsC Beaule
Center for Studies in Behavioral Neurobiology, Department of Psychology, Concordia University, H3G 1M8, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Brain Res 894:301-6. 2001..These findings suggest that p75NTR from retinal sources do not play an essential role in the mechanism mediating photic entrainment of circadian rhythms in rats...
- Proinflammatory cytokines and apoptosis following glutamate-induced excitotoxicity mediated by p38 MAPK in the hippocampus of neonatal ratsV Chaparro-Huerta
Laboratorio de Neurobiología Molecular, Division de Neurociencias, Centro de Investigación Biomédica de Occidente CIBO, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social IMSS, Guadalajara, Mexico
J Neuroimmunol 165:53-62. 2005..TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, and IL-6 mRNA levels increased, but SB203580 did not modify their expression. Thus, the p38 signaling pathway influences the expression of inflammatory genes and its inhibition may offer anti-inflammatory therapy...
- Leptin-like effects of MTII are augmented in MSG-obese ratsYong Woon Kim
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Yeungnam University, 317 1, Daemyungdong, Namgu, Daegu 705 717, Republic of Korea
Regul Pept 127:63-70. 2005..Moreover, there was a sensitization to MTII caused by upregulation of the melanocortin receptor in the MSG-obese rats...
- Obesity, voracity, and short stature: the impact of glutamate on the regulation of appetiteM Hermanussen
Aschauhof Altenhof Germany
Eur J Clin Nutr 60:25-31. 2006..Supraphysiological doses of GLU are toxic for neuronal cells...
- Intraventricular injections of tachykinin NK3 receptor agonists suppress the intake of "salty" tastes by sodium deficient ratsFrancis W Flynn
Department of Zoology and Physiology, Graduate Neuroscience Program, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071, USA
Behav Brain Res 166:1-8. 2006....
- Effect of monosodium glutamate on oxidative stress and apoptosis in rat thymusVoja Pavlovic
Institute of Physiology, Medical Faculty University of Nis, Bulevar dr Zorana Djindjica, Nis, Serbia
Mol Cell Biochem 303:161-6. 2007..01). Obtained results showed that MSG treatment induced oxidative stress in thymus, which may have an important role in thymocyte apoptosis induced by MSG...
- An analysis of 5'-inosine and 5'-guanosine monophosphate taste in ratsT C Wifall
Neuroscience Program, Department of Psychology, Regis University, 3333 Regis Boulevard, Denver, CO 80221, USA
Chem Senses 32:161-72. 2007..Overall, these experiments indicate the taste properties of the two 5'-ribonucleotides are quite similar to each other, and even though they may elicit an umami sensation, these sensations are not identical to the taste of MSG...
- The effect of monosodium glutamate on parotid salivary flow in comparison to the response to representatives of the other four basic tastesN A Hodson
Primary Dental Care, King s College London Dental Institute at Guy s, King s and St Thomas Hospitals, London SE5 9RW, UK
Physiol Behav 89:711-7. 2006..The peak salivary flow provided a greater contribution to the response to citric acid, NaCl and MSG compared to the response to sucrose and magnesium sulphate...
- Comparison of L-monosodium glutamate and L-amino acid taste in ratsE R Delay
Department of Biology, Marsh Life Science, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Neuroscience 148:266-78. 2007....
- Modulatory effect of monosodium glutamate on rat thymocyte proliferation and apoptosisV Pavlovic
Institute of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Nis, Nis, Serbia and Montenegro
Bratisl Lek Listy 107:185-91. 2006..Numerous recent studies have shown the existence of glutamic receptors on different nonneuronal cells, which among others also include lymphocytes and thymocytes...
- Food deprivation-induced changes in body fat mobilization after neonatal monosodium glutamate treatmentClaudia Leitner
Department of Biology, Center for Behavioral Neuroscience and Brains and Behavior Program, Georgia State University, 24 Peachtree Center Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30302 4010, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 294:R775-83. 2008..These data support recent evidence that chronically decerebrate rats, in which the forebrain is surgically isolated from the caudal brainstem, show normal food deprivation responses, including lipid mobilization...
- Low tryptophan and protein in the diet during development increase the susceptibility to convulsions in adult ratsAlfredo Feria-Velasco
Depto Biología Celular y Molecular, Centro Universitario de Ciencias Biologicas y Agropecuarias, Universidad de Guadalajara, Km 15 5 Carr Guad Nogales, 45100 Las Agujas Nextipac, Zapopan, Jal, Mexico
Neurochem Res 33:1484-91. 2008....
- Role of p38 MAPK and pro-inflammatory cytokines expression in glutamate-induced neuronal death of neonatal ratsV Chaparro-Huerta
Laboratorio de Neurobiología Molecular, Division de Neurociencias, Centro de Investigación Biomédica de Occidente CIBO, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social IMSS, Guadalajara, Mexico
Int J Dev Neurosci 26:487-95. 2008....
- [Effect of monosodium glutamate given orally on appetite control (a new theory for the obesity epidemic)]Jesús A Fernández-Tresguerres Hernández
An R Acad Nac Med (Madr) 122:341-55; discussion 355-60. 2005..In conclussion, oral administration of MSG during pregnancy and development in rats is able to significantly affect hypothalamic control of various hormones and increases appetite...
- Modulatory factors of circadian phagocytic activityMonica L Hriscu
Institute of Public Health, 6 L Pasteur St, 400349 Cluj Napoca, Romania
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1057:403-30. 2005....
- Effect of fasting and refeeding on duodenal alkaline phosphatase activity in monosodium glutamate obese ratsL Racek
Institute ofAnimal Physiology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Kosice, Slovak Republic
Physiol Res 50:365-72. 2001....
- Analyzing the sensory characteristics and taste-sensor ions of MSG substitutesM N Jo
CJ CheilJedang Corp, Seoul 152 051, South Korea
J Food Sci 73:S191-8. 2008..Therefore, when replacing MSG, the characteristics of each possible substitute should be determined in relation to the particular food system...
- Response properties of the pharyngeal branch of the glossopharyngeal nerve for umami taste in mice and ratsJunichi Kitagawa
Department of Physiology, Nippon Dental University, School of Life Dentistry at Tokyo, 1 9 20 Fujimi cho, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 102 8159, Japan
Neurosci Lett 417:42-5. 2007..Stimulation with 0.1M MPG evoked a higher response when compared with responses to DW. The present results suggest that umami taste compounds are effective stimuli of the chemoreceptors in the pharynx of both mice and rats...
- Nature of changes in adrenocortical function in chronic hyperleptinemic female ratsMario Perello
Neuroendocrine Unit, Multidisciplinary Institute on Cell Biology CONICET CICPBA, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
Endocrine 24:167-75. 2004..Our study supports that adrenal leptin resistance could be responsible, at least in part, for enhanced glucocorticoid circulating levels in this phenotype of obesity...
- Responses to di-sodium guanosine 5'-monophosphate and monosodium L-glutamate in taste receptor cells of rat fungiform papillaeWeihong Lin
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
J Neurophysiol 89:1434-9. 2003..Together, our results suggest that intracellular cAMP- and Ca(2+)-mediated pathways are involved in umami taste transduction for GMP and its synergistic responses with glutamate...
- Obesity and changes of alkaline phosphatase activity in the small intestine of 40- and 80-day-old rats subjected to early postnatal overfeeding or monosodium glutamateS Mozes
Institute of Animal Physiology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Soltesovej 4, 040 01 Kosice, Slovak Republic
Physiol Res 53:177-86. 2004....
- Effects of added glutamate on liking for novel food flavorsJohn Prescott
Sensory Science Research Centre, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Appetite 42:143-50. 2004..Pairing glutamate with a novel flavor can condition liking for that flavor. While post-ingestive effects of glutamate may be rewarding, flavor conditioning cannot be ruled out...
- Fos expression in the suprachiasmatic nucleus during photic entrainment of circadian rhythms in retinally damaged ratsChristian Beaule
Center for Studies in Behavioral Neurobiology, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, H4B 1R6, Canada
J Mol Neurosci 22:223-30. 2004..These results support the view that light-induced suppression of Fos within the SCN shell is a cellular correlate of photic entrainment...
- Calcium diglutamate improves taste characteristics of lower-salt soupP Ball
School of Psychology, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Eur J Clin Nutr 56:519-23. 2002....
- Toxicity of hypercaloric diet and monosodium glutamate: oxidative stress and metabolic shifting in hepatic tissueYeda S Diniz
Post Graduation Course Department of Clinical and Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine, UNESP, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Food Chem Toxicol 42:313-19. 2004..Therefore, the hepatic glucose metabolic shifting induced by HD intake and MSG administration were associated with oxidative stress in hepatic tissue...
- Does information about MSG (monosodium glutamate) content influence consumer ratings of soups with and without added MSG?John Prescott
Sensory Science Research Centre, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Appetite 39:25-33. 2002..Again, there were no effects of information. These data suggest that sensory properties are weighted more than information when products are evaluated during tasting, even when the information is highly relevant to beliefs and attitudes...
- Gender, Name Phonology and Children's StereotypesKimberly Cassidy; Fiscal Year: 2003..There is reason to believe that probabilistic patterns in the lexicon are acquired through general learning mechanisms. If so, then both groups should show normal acquisition of phonological cues to gender. ..
- AUDITORY TEMPORAL PROCESSES, SPEECH PERCEPTION AND AGINGSANDRA M GORDON-SALANT; Fiscal Year: 2013..This three-dimensional approach is expected to further progress toward improving communication and health-related quality of life for senior citizens. ..
- Children's Perception of Foreign-Accented SpeechTessa Bent; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- General Auditory Model of Adaptive Perception of SpeechANTONIA DAVID VITELA; Fiscal Year: 2012..The results could impact the future development of these hearing devices, as well as strategies for improving intelligibility. ..
- Infants'and children's reasoning about foodsKRISTIN B SHUTTS; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Perceptual learning in spoken language comprehensionLynne C Nygaard; Fiscal Year: 2011..abstract_text> ..
- Kinematic patterns of phonetic convergenceMark K Tiede; Fiscal Year: 2013..This will lead to improved understanding of the articulatory aspects of foreign accent, and suggest possibilities for improving methods of speech remediation and second language instruction. ..
- The Role of Acoustic Prominence in Language Production and ComprehensionDuane G Watson; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal investigates the role acoustic prominence, which is one aspect of prosody, plays in language production and comprehension. ..
- AGE CONSTRAINTS ON SECOND LANGUAGE ACQUISITIONJames Flege; Fiscal Year: 2000..Taken together, the results should enable the investigators to determine if a critical period(s) that is independent of the influence of L1 structures exists for the acquisition of L2 phonology and morphosyntax. ..
- Acquisition of Prosodic Control in Typically Developing ChildrenRupal Patel; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this proposal, we focus on developing a novel methodology and stimuli for assessing prosodic control in a cross-sectional study of 30 children from three age groups 4, 7 and 11 years old. ..
- DYNAMIC LANGUAGE MODELING FOR TRANSCRIPTION SYSTEMSBEN CHIGIER; Fiscal Year: 2000..and Internet communications which are not commonly used for medical transcription, We will directly sell our software products and services to Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) and to Transcription Services Companies, ..
- Acquisition of Rule-governed vs. Lexical StressSusan Guion; Fiscal Year: 2002..lexicalized). Effects of native language phonology will also be investigated in cross-linguistic comparisons. ..
- 7th International Cerebral Vascular Biology ConferenceAdam Chodobski; Fiscal Year: 2007..The key accent of this meeting will be on translational research - advancing from fundamental mechanistic discoveries through pre-clinical development to clinical applications. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SOME DETERMINANTS OF SPEECH PERCEPTIONJoanne Miller; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Accents &Syntactic Attachment: Exploring how pitch accents affect the resolutionKathryn A Carlson; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- CROSS-LANGUAGE STUDIES OF VOWEL ACOUSTICS AND PERCEPTIONWinifred Strange; Fiscal Year: 2004..Development of better theories of speech perception and production in normal children and adults form the basis for advances in research into problems of atypically developing children with phonological disorders. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF PHONETIC CATEGORIESJames Flege; Fiscal Year: 2004..By hypothesis, early bilinguals will outperform late bilinguals, and individuals who now use their L1 seldom will outperform those who continue to use their L1 frequently. ..
- PRONUNCIATION SCREENING TEST FOR ACCENTED SPEAKERSLINDA FERRIER; Fiscal Year: 2000..It could also provide diagnostic information for use in accent reduction, or be developed to provide real- time feedback techniques during accent-modification training. ..
- PERCEPTION OF SPEECH BY NORMAL AND IMPAIRED LISTENERSDiane Kewley Port; Fiscal Year: 2004..Results will also make major advances towards a new theory of vowel perception. The data from these experiments will contribute to the understanding of the impact of cochlear dysfunction on normal conversation processes. ..
- ALCOHOL APPETITE--A NUTRIENT CONDITIONING ANALYSISKaren Ackroff; Fiscal Year: 2001..It will advance our basic knowledge of the psychobiology of alcohol appetite and may provide practical benefits for controlling alcohol consumption in humans. ..
- L-amino and acid taste in mice.Eugene Delay; Fiscal Year: 2005..g., diabetics, cardiovascular disease, aged). ..
- FACILITY CONSTRUCTION EXPANSION- MONNELL CHEMICAL SENSESGary Beauchamp; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- OSCCAR: A Novel, Population-based Prospective Inception Cohort of Inflammatory BoBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ribonucleotide monophosphates and umami tasteEugene Delay; Fiscal Year: 2003..If IMP and GMP have identical taste qualities, and these qualities are the same as MSG and the other "umami" substance. ..
- IMMUNOMODULATION IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2004..The principal investigator seeks to become an independent clinical investigator by completing the didactic and scientific portions of this proposal. ..
- IMURAN Dose Ranging Study in Crohn's DiseaseBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..
- A new method to measure taste bud functionStephen Roper; Fiscal Year: 2004..If these cells turn out to be mechanoreceptors, the results may explain how taste buds detect food texture. This will greatly further our understanding of food selection and diet. ..
- Neuroscience Center for Biomedical Research ExcellenceFrancis W Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- NEUROPEPTIDES AND SALT APPETITEFRANCIS FLYNN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successful completion of the proposed work will expand the knowledge base on brain mechanisms controlling bodily fluid homeostasis. ..
- Time course of variability in spoken word recognitionConor McLennan; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed research should ultimately lead to better theories and models of both normal and disordered spoken language perception. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GABA-A Receptors, Ethanol, and Stress in Monkey AmygdalaBRIAN MCCOOL; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, our proposed studies will help lead to a better understanding of the ethanol-anxiety/stress interaction in primates. ..
- Coarticulatory cues in the recognition of spoken wordsDelphine Dahan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, eye gaze to visual referents is a measure that can be used with young children, permitting to compare the processing of coarticulatory cues in adults and young children. ..
- GENETICS OF ALCOHOL RELATED INGESTIVE BEHAVIORS IN MICEAlexander Bachmanov; Fiscal Year: 2007..Through these three aims, we intend to isolate loci involved in ethanol preference, identify candidate genes for these loci in mice, and specify their human orthologs. ..
- The brazzein-sweet taste receptor interactionGoran Hellekant; Fiscal Year: 2007..Ming, D. and G. Hellekant (1994). "Brazzein, a new high-potency thermostable sweet protein from Pentadiplandra brazzeana B." FEBS Letters 355(1): 106-8. ..
- MEDIATORS AND MODULATION OF NOCICEPTIONGerald Gebhart; Fiscal Year: 2008..Better appreciation of these differences will enhance our understanding of the contributions these cells make to nociceptive processing, including their role in mechanisms of hyperalgesia. ..
- Trace Elements and Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Risks Factors Among Young AdultsKa He; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Amino Acids, Protein, and BMI in Adults Across CulturesKa He; Fiscal Year: 2008..phenylalanine, proline, serine, threonine, tryptophan, tyrosine, and valine, and a related compound - mono-sodium glutamate (MSG, from China only), and 18 urinary AAs from one timed 24-hour urine specimen, are available in INTERMAP...
- The Relation Between Hypercortisolemia and AphasiaJacqueline Laures Gore; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Worker Health and Safety in Chinatown Restaurants: A CBPR StudyMeredith Minkler; Fiscal Year: 2008..Findings of this study will help lay the groundwork for a larger study testing the efficacy of restaurant- and policy-level interventions to improve restaurant worker health and safety. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- How experience affects adult language performanceTanya Kraljic; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overall, this research will strengthen our knowledge of learning that results from both syntactic and phonemic processing, and the similarities (and differences) between the two. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EARLY HUSBANDRY INFLUENCES ON ADULT PHENOTYPEMICHAEL TORDOFF; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results will lead to better environmental controls in future work and, asa direct consequence, easierand more rapid progress with genetic analyses. ..
- Ethanol & Anxiety: Cellular MechanismsBRIAN MCCOOL; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies could therefore provide insight into the cellular mechanisms governing anxietyassociated relapse in human alcoholics. ..