Genomes and Genes
Summary: Salts and esters of glutamic acid.
Publications324 found, 100 shown here
- Phase III study comparing cisplatin plus gemcitabine with cisplatin plus pemetrexed in chemotherapy-naive patients with advanced-stage non-small-cell lung cancerGiorgio Vittorio Scagliotti
University of Torino, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, S Luigi Hospital, Regione Gonzole, 10, Orbassano Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:3543-51. 2008..Cisplatin plus gemcitabine is a standard regimen for first-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Phase II studies of pemetrexed plus platinum compounds have also shown activity in this setting...
- Phase III study of pemetrexed in combination with cisplatin versus cisplatin alone in patients with malignant pleural mesotheliomaNicholas J Vogelzang
University of Chicago, Cancer Research Center, 5841 South Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:2636-44. 2003..We conducted a phase III trial to determine whether treatment with pemetrexed and cisplatin results in survival time superior to that achieved with cisplatin alone...
- Maintenance pemetrexed plus best supportive care versus placebo plus best supportive care for non-small-cell lung cancer: a randomised, double-blind, phase 3 studyTudor Ciuleanu
Oncological Institute Ion Chiricuta, Cluj, Romania
Lancet 374:1432-40. 2009..We assessed pemetrexed as maintenance therapy in patients with this disease...
- The differential efficacy of pemetrexed according to NSCLC histology: a review of two Phase III studiesGiorgio Scagliotti
Thoracic Oncology Unit, University of Turin, San Luigi Hospital, Orbassano Torino, Italy
Oncologist 14:253-63. 2009..Recent studies of pemetrexed have identified a predictive role for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) histology. We further reviewed the differential efficacy of pemetrexed according to histology in two large, phase III NSCLC trials...
- Genetic determinants of pemetrexed responsiveness and nonresponsiveness in non-small cell lung cancer cellsMing Fang Wu
Departments of Chest Medicine and Medical Oncology, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
J Thorac Oncol 5:1143-51. 2010..However, there is still a lack of clinical biomarkers for predicting the therapeutic response to pemetrexed. The aim of this study is to establish new biomarkers for pemetrexed treatment in NSCLC...
- Randomized phase III trial of pemetrexed versus docetaxel in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer previously treated with chemotherapyNasser Hanna
Indiana University, 535 Barnhill Dr, Room 473, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:1589-97. 2004..To compare the efficacy and toxicity of pemetrexed versus docetaxel in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) previously treated with chemotherapy...
- Thymidylate synthase but not excision repair cross-complementation group 1 tumor expression predicts outcome in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma treated with pemetrexed-based chemotherapyLuisella Righi
University of Torino, Division of Pathology, Thoracic Oncology, and Thoracic Surgery, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences at San Luigi Hospital, Orbassano, Italy
J Clin Oncol 28:1534-9. 2010..The relationship between thymidylate synthase (TS) expression and outcome in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) treated with pemetrexed (P) was retrospectively evaluated...
- Thymidylate synthase expression and outcome of patients receiving pemetrexed for advanced nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer in a prospective blinded assessment phase II clinical trialMarianne C Nicolson
Thoracic Oncology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
J Thorac Oncol 8:930-9. 2013..This phase II study explored this association prospectively at the protein and mRNA-expression level...
- Sustained activation of ERK and Cdk2/cyclin-A signaling pathway by pemetrexed leading to S-phase arrest and apoptosis in human non-small cell lung cancer A549 cellsTsung Ying Yang
Institute of Medical and Molecular Toxicology, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Eur J Pharmacol 663:17-26. 2011..Our findings suggest that the ERK-mediated Cdk2/cyclin-A signaling pathway is an important regulator of pemetrexed-induced S-phase arrest and apoptotic cell death...
- Phase III study by the Norwegian lung cancer study group: pemetrexed plus carboplatin compared with gemcitabine plus carboplatin as first-line chemotherapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancerBjørn H Grønberg
3 etg, Gastro Sør, St Olavs Hospital, NO 7006 Trondheim, Norway
J Clin Oncol 27:3217-24. 2009..CONCLUSION Pemetrexed/carboplatin provides similar HRQoL and survival when compared with gemcitabine/carboplatin with less hematologic toxicity and less need for supportive care...
- The efficacy of pemetrexed as a third- or fourth-line therapy and the significance of thymidylate synthase expression in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancerMyung Hee Chang
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Irwon dong, Seoul 135 710, Republic of Korea
Lung Cancer 69:323-9. 2010..We also analyzed thymidylate synthase (TS) expression in tumor tissues to determine whether TS expression is correlated with the clinical efficacy of pemetrexed...
- A randomized phase 3 trial comparing pemetrexed/carboplatin and docetaxel/carboplatin as first-line treatment for advanced, nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancerJose Rodrigues-Pereira
Instituto do Cancer Arnaldo Vieira de Carvalho, Sao Paolo, Brazil
J Thorac Oncol 6:1907-14. 2011..This study compared survival without toxicity in patients with advanced, nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancer who were treated with first-line pemetrexed/carboplatin or docetaxel/carboplatin...
- Trimodal cancer treatment: beneficial effects of combined antiangiogenesis, radiation, and chemotherapyPeter E Huber
Department of Radiation Oncology, German Cancer Research Center, University of Heidelberg Medical School, Heidelberg Germany
Cancer Res 65:3643-55. 2005..We conclude that trimodal cancer therapy combining antiangiogenesis, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy has beneficial molecular and physiologic effects to emerge as a clinically relevant antitumor strategy...
- Schedule-dependent cytotoxic synergism of pemetrexed and erlotinib in human non-small cell lung cancer cellsTianhong Li
Department of Oncology, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:3413-22. 2007..This study was undertaken to select the optimal combination schedule of erlotinib and pemetrexed for the treatment of relapsed non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) using a panel of human NSCLC lines...
- Quality of life in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer given maintenance treatment with pemetrexed versus placebo (H3E-MC-JMEN): results from a randomised, double-blind, phase 3 studyChandra P Belani
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Lancet Oncol 13:292-9. 2012..Results for quality of life, symptom palliation, and tolerability are presented here...
- Glutamatergic animal models of schizophreniaBita Moghaddam
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1003:131-7. 2003..The present chapter includes a brief review of the utility of these models and the search for new medications that have the potential of normalizing glutamate neurotransmission in schizophrenia...
- Phase 2 trial of maintenance bevacizumab alone after bevacizumab plus pemetrexed and carboplatin in advanced, nonsquamous nonsmall cell lung cancerJames P Stevenson
Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer 118:5580-7. 2012..The authors performed a phase 2 study of bevacizumab plus pemetrexed and carboplatin followed by maintenance bevacizumab in patients with advanced, nonsquamous nonsmall cell lung cancer...
- A multicenter phase II study of cisplatin, pemetrexed, and bevacizumab in patients with advanced malignant mesotheliomaJonathan E Dowell
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8852, USA
Lung Cancer 77:567-71. 2012..We evaluated the addition of bevacizumab to cisplatin and pemetrexed as first-line treatment in patients with advanced, unresectable MM...
- The role of pemetrexed in advanced non small-cell lung cancer: special focus on pharmacology and mechanism of actionM Joerger
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Cantonal Hospital, St Gallen, Switzerland
Curr Drug Targets 11:37-47. 2010..These are important steps towards individualisation of anticancer treatment in patients with advanced NSCLC...
- Vorinostat eliminates multicellular resistance of mesothelioma 3D spheroids via restoration of Noxa expressionDario Barbone
Lung Biology Center, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e52753. 2012..Whereas neither vorinostat nor bortezomib alone has been clinically effective in mesothelioma, vorinostat may undermine chemoresistance to bortezomib and to other therapies thereby providing a rationale for combinatorial strategies...
- Treatment-by-histology interaction analyses in three phase III trials show superiority of pemetrexed in nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancerGiorgio Scagliotti
Thoracic Oncology Unit, University of Turin, San Luigi Hospital, Orbassano, Torino, Italy
J Thorac Oncol 6:64-70. 2011..These analyses evaluate whether the differential efficacy of pemetrexed by NSCLC histology is reproducible and consistent across three registration studies of different lines of therapy (first-line/second-line and maintenance settings)...
- Preclinical studies of the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib in malignant pleural mesotheliomaGavin J Gordon
The Thoracic Surgery Oncology Laboratory and the Division of Thoracic Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA, 02115, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:549-58. 2008..Bortezomib may improve outcome in MPM patients alone or in combination with standard chemotherapy but the order of administration is likely to be important. This study justifies further evaluation of bortezomib in MPM...
- Clinical efficacy and predictive molecular markers of neoadjuvant gemcitabine and pemetrexed in resectable non-small cell lung cancerGerold Bepler
Program and Department of Thoracic Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Thorac Oncol 3:1112-8. 2008..The goal was to achieve a disease response rate of 50% and to determine if the expression levels of genes associated with GP metabolism are predictive of response...
- Molecular mechanisms underlying the synergistic interaction of erlotinib, an epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, with the multitargeted antifolate pemetrexed in non-small-cell lung cancer cellsElisa Giovannetti
Division of Pharmacology and Chemotherapy, Department of Internal Medicine, 55, Via Roma, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Mol Pharmacol 73:1290-300. 2008....
- Sorafenib enhances pemetrexed cytotoxicity through an autophagy-dependent mechanism in cancer cellsM Danielle Bareford
Departments of Neurosurgery, Massey Cancer Center, Box 980035, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298 0035, USA
Cancer Res 71:4955-67. 2011....
- Pemetrexed disodium: a novel antifolate clinically active against multiple solid tumorsA R Hanauske
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Oncologist 6:363-73. 2001..Currently, pemetrexed phase III trials are ongoing in mesothelioma and non-small cell lung cancer with future trials planned to explore this unique multitargeted antifolate...
- Systemic chemotherapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer: recent advances and future directionsSuresh Ramalingam
Lung and Thoracic Malignancies Program, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Oncologist 13:5-13. 2008..Whether this approach will be successful in extending the survival of a select group of patients remains to be seen...
- Multicenter phase II trial of neoadjuvant pemetrexed plus cisplatin followed by extrapleural pneumonectomy and radiation for malignant pleural mesotheliomaLee M Krug
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:3007-13. 2009....
- Phase II study of pemetrexed plus carboplatin in malignant pleural mesotheliomaGiovanni L Ceresoli
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 24:1443-8. 2006..This multicenter, phase II clinical study was conducted to evaluate the activity of the combination of pemetrexed and carboplatin in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM)...
- Pemetrexed (ALIMTA), a novel multitargeted antineoplastic agentAlex A Adjei
Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Departments of Oncology, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:4276s-4280s. 2004..Low level dietary supplement of folic acid and vitamin B12 has significantly decreased the mucosal and bone marrow toxicity of pemetrexed without compromising its antitumor effect...
- A randomized phase III trial comparing standard and high-dose pemetrexed as second-line treatment in patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancerM H Cullen
Cancer Centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospital Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
Ann Oncol 19:939-45. 2008..This phase III randomized trial compared pemetrexed 500 mg/m(2) (P500) with pemetrexed 900 mg/m(2) (P900) to determine whether higher dosing benefits non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients as second-line therapy...
- Quantitation of folates and their catabolites in blood plasma, erythrocytes, and urine by stable isotope dilution assaysSabine Mönch
Lehrstuhl fur Lebensmittelchemie, Technische Universitat Munchen, Garching, Germany
Anal Biochem 398:150-60. 2010..The sum of folate catabolites increased by a factor of 2 in the urine of the latter volunteer, compared with that resulting when only water was dosed...
- In vitro chemosensitivity of freshly explanted tumor cells to pemetrexed is correlated with target gene expressionAxel Rainer Hanauske
Asklepios Klinik, St Georg, Lohmühlenstr 5, 20099 Hamburg, Germany
Invest New Drugs 25:417-23. 2007..mRNA expression of genes involved in the mechanism of action of pemetrexed was correlated with in vitro chemosensitivity of freshly explanted human tumor specimens...
- Second-line treatment for malignant pleural mesotheliomaGiovanni Luca Ceresoli
Department of Oncology, Istituto Humanitas Gavazzeni, Bergamo, Italy
Cancer Treat Rev 36:24-32. 2010....
- The unanticipated complexity of the selectivity-filter glutamates of nicotinic receptorsGisela D Cymes
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, USA
Nat Chem Biol 8:975-81. 2012..Using single-channel electrophysiological recordings, we studied the poorly understood ring of four glutamates (and one glutamine) that dominates this catalytic effect in the muscle nicotinic acetylcholine receptor ('the ..
- Pemetrexed for previously treated patients with non-small cell lung cancer and differences in efficacy according to thymidylate synthase expressionSatoshi Igawa
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
Chemotherapy 58:313-20. 2012....
- Feasibility study of two schedules of sunitinib in combination with pemetrexed in patients with advanced solid tumorsIsamu Okamoto
Department of Medical Oncology, Kinki University Faculty of Medicine, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
Invest New Drugs 30:639-46. 2012..We have performed a feasibility study to investigate the safety of sunitinib in combination with pemetrexed for treatment of advanced refractory solid tumors...
- The use of chemotherapy in patients with advanced malignant pleural mesothelioma: a systematic review and practice guidelinePeter Ellis
McMaster University at Hamilton Health Sciences and Juravinski Cancer Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Thorac Oncol 1:591-601. 2006....
- Safety, resource use, and quality of life in paramount: a phase III study of maintenance pemetrexed versus placebo after induction pemetrexed plus cisplatin for advanced nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancerCesare Gridelli
S Giuseppe Moscati Hospital, Avellino, Italy
J Thorac Oncol 7:1713-21. 2012..In a phase III, randomized, double-blind study (PARAMOUNT), maintenance pemetrexed demonstrated significant benefit in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). We present safety, resource use, and quality of life (QoL) results...
- Efficacy and toxicity of pemetrexed as a third-line treatment for non-small cell lung cancerJong Mu Sun
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Bundang gu, Seongnam si, Gyeongi do, Republic of Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 39:27-32. 2009..However, the role of third-line pemetrexed therapy in NSCLC has not yet been generally accepted. We attempted to validate third-line pemetrexed therapy and evaluate predictive factors for pemetrexed therapy for NSCLC...
- Pemetrexed in malignant pleural mesotheliomaMaitreyee Hazarika
Division of Oncology Drug Products, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:982-92. 2005..Indianapolis, IN) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of a New Drug Application for the treatment of malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM)...
- Pemetrexed indirectly activates the metabolic kinase AMPK in human carcinomasScott B Rothbart
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology and the Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Cancer Res 70:10299-309. 2010....
- l-Theanine, an amino acid in green tea, attenuates beta-amyloid-induced cognitive dysfunction and neurotoxicity: reduction in oxidative damage and inactivation of ERK/p38 kinase and NF-kappaB pathwaysTae Il Kim
College of Pharmacy and CBITRC, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk 361 763, Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 47:1601-10. 2009..Thus, l-theanine may be useful in the prevention and treatment of AD...
- Development of an ion-pairing reversed-phase liquid chromatography method using a double detection analysis (UV and evaporative light scattering detection) to monitor the stability of Alimta(®)-pemetrexed preparations: identification and quantification ofRenaud Respaud
Equipe 5, Genetique, Immunothérapie, Chimie et Cancer GICC, UMR CNRS 6239, Laboratoire de Chimie Organique, Faculte de Pharmacie, 31 Avenue Monge, Universite de Tours, 37100 Tours, France Unité de Pharmacie Clinique Oncologique, 2 Bd Tonnelle, 37044 Tours cedex 9, France
J Pharm Biomed Anal 54:411-6. 2011..In conclusion, the proposed analytical procedures were validated over the selected validation domains for L-glutamic acid (0.005-0.025 mg/mL) and pemetrexed (0.4-0.6 mg/mL) and shown to provide a very effective method...
- Folate status and homocysteine levels during a 24-week oral administration of a folate-containing oral contraceptive: a randomized, double-blind, active-controlled, parallel-group, US-based multicenter studyStephan Bart
SNBL Clinical Pharmacology Center, Baltimore, MD 21163, USA
Contraception 85:42-50. 2012..451 mg (the calcium salt of L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate; Metafolin®) to an oral contraceptive containing ethinylestradiol (EE) 20 mcg/drospirenone (drsp) 3 mg on folate levels in healthy women seeking contraception...
- [Thymidylate synthase expression and therapeutic effect analysis of pemetrexed in advanced lung adenocarcinoma]Zhi Kuan Wang
Department of Medical Oncology, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 30:978-80. 2010..To investigate the expression of thymidylate synthase (TS) in patients with advanced lung adenocarcinoma and its relation with the therapeutic effect of pemetrexed...
- The effects of L-theanine, caffeine and their combination on cognition and moodCrystal F Haskell
Human Cognitive Neuroscience Unit, Division of Psychology, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8ST, UK
Biol Psychol 77:113-22. 2008..These results suggest that beverages containing L-theanine and caffeine may have a different pharmacological profile to those containing caffeine alone...
- Oral N-carbamylglutamate supplementation increases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle of pigletsJason W Frank
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030 2600, USA
J Nutr 137:315-9. 2007..001). The results suggest that oral NCG supplementation increases plasma arginine and somatotropin levels, leading to an increase in growth rate and muscle protein synthesis in nursing piglets...
- Pemetrexed therapy in elderly patients with good performance status: analysis of two phase III trials of patients with nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancerCesare Gridelli
Division of Medical Oncology, S G Moscati Hospital, Avellino, Italy
Clin Lung Cancer 13:340-6. 2012..The objective of these analyses was to evaluate the survival and safety of treatment with pemetrexed in elderly patients with nonsquamous non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and PS 0-1...
- Dietary supplementation with L-arginine or N-carbamylglutamate enhances intestinal growth and heat shock protein-70 expression in weanling pigs fed a corn- and soybean meal-based dietXin Wu
Hunan Engineering and Research Center of Animal and Poultry Science, Key Laboratory for Agro Ecological Processes in Subtropical Region, Institute of Subtropical Agriculture, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Hunan, 410125, China
Amino Acids 39:831-9. 2010..Thus, Arg or NCG is a functional ingredient in the weaning diet to improve nutrition, health, and growth performance of these neonates...
- Molecular mechanism implicated in Pemetrexed-induced apoptosis in human melanoma cellsAitziber Buqué
Medical Oncology Department, Hospital Universitario Cruces, Barakaldo, Bizkaia, Spain
Mol Cancer 11:25. 2012..However, its effect in human melanoma has not been studied yet...
- Maintenance therapy for advanced non-small cell lung cancer: current status, controversies, and emerging consensusTaofeek K Owonikoko
Emory University Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:2496-504. 2010..This article reviews recent data with maintenance therapy in advanced NSCLC and discusses the implications for routine patient care and future drug development...
- Retreatment with pemetrexed-based chemotherapy in patients with malignant pleural mesotheliomaGiovanni L Ceresoli
Oncology Unit, Cliniche Humanitas Gavazzeni, Bergamo, Italy giovanni
Lung Cancer 72:73-7. 2011..Further prospective evaluation of this therapeutic option is warranted...
- Pharmacology and mechanism of action of pemetrexedAlex A Adjei
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 5:S51-5. 2004..Tumors with codeletion of the methylthioadenosine phosphorylase gene, as a consequence of p16 deletions, may be particularly sensitive to pemetrexed. In this review, the biochemistry and mechanism of action of pemetrexed are discussed...
- Effects of theanine, r-glutamylethylamide, on neurotransmitter release and its relationship with glutamic acid neurotransmissionTakashi Yamada
Laboratory of Nutritional Biochemistry, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan, University of Shizuoka
Nutr Neurosci 8:219-26. 2005..Further, L-trans-2,4-PDC cause excitatory neurotransmission, whereas theanine may inhibit excitatory neurotransmission and cause inhibitory neurotransmission via glycine receptors...
- Pulmonary preservation with LPD and celsior solution in porcine lung transplantation after 24 h of cold ischemiaSebastian P Sommer
Division of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Hannover Medical School, 30623 Hannover, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:151-7. 2004..The purpose of the study was to compare two extracellular type solutions, low potassium dextrane (LPD) and Celsior in their ability of ameliorating lung ischemia reperfusion injury...
- Significance of thymidylate synthase for resistance to pemetrexed in lung cancerHiroaki Ozasa
Department of Medical Oncology and Immunology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:161-6. 2010..In addition, TS may be a predictive marker for pemetrexed sensitivity in lung cancer...
- Deriving the glutamate clearance time course from transporter currents in CA1 hippocampal astrocytes: transmitter uptake gets faster during developmentJeffrey S Diamond
Synaptic Physiology Unit, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 3701, USA
J Neurosci 25:2906-16. 2005..Slower clearance in young animals would permit glutamate to diffuse greater distances, indicating a particularly important role for extrasynaptic receptors early in development...
- Thymidylate synthase and excision repair cross-complementing group-1 as predictors of responsiveness in mesothelioma patients treated with pemetrexed/carboplatinPaolo Andrea Zucali
Department of Oncology, Biostatistics Unit, Istituto Clinico Humanitas IRCCS, Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 17:2581-90. 2011....
- Approval summary: pemetrexed maintenance therapy of advanced/metastatic nonsquamous, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)Martin H Cohen
Office of Oncology Drug Products, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland 20993 0002, USA
Oncologist 15:1352-8. 2010..The most common (>5%) adverse reactions in patients receiving pemetrexed were hematologic toxicity, an increase in hepatic enzymes, fatigue, gastrointestinal toxicity, sensory neuropathy, and skin rash...
- L-Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responsesKenta Kimura
Nagoya University Department of Psychology, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, 464 8601, Japan
Biol Psychol 74:39-45. 2007..Thus, it was suggested that the oral intake of L-Theanine could cause anti-stress effects via the inhibition of cortical neuron excitation...
- Molecular cloning and functional expression of glutamate receptor subunit genesJ Boulter
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, San Diego, CA 92138
Science 249:1033-7. 1990..Thus, as with gamma-aminobutyric acid, glycine, and nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, native kainate-quisqualate-sensitive glutamate receptors form a family of heteromeric proteins...
- Molecular pathways involved in the synergistic interaction of the PKC beta inhibitor enzastaurin with the antifolate pemetrexed in non-small cell lung cancer cellsC Tekle
Department of Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 99:750-9. 2008....
- Therapeutics by cytotoxic metabolite accumulation: pemetrexed causes ZMP accumulation, AMPK activation, and mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitionAlexandra C Racanelli
Department of Pharmacology and the Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0035, USA
Cancer Res 69:5467-74. 2009..We suggest that the activity of pemetrexed against human cancers is a reflection of its direct inhibition of folate-dependent target proteins combined with prolonged inhibition of the mTOR pathway secondary to accumulation of ZMP...
- Phase II study of efficacy and safety of bevacizumab in combination with chemotherapy or erlotinib compared with chemotherapy alone for treatment of recurrent or refractory non small-cell lung cancerRoy S Herbst
The M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:4743-50. 2007..A single-arm phase I and II study of bevacizumab plus erlotinib demonstrated encouraging efficacy, with a favorable safety profile...
- Efficacy and safety of two doses of pemetrexed supplemented with folic acid and vitamin B12 in previously treated patients with non-small cell lung cancerYuichiro Ohe
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cancer Center Hospital, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 14:4206-12. 2008..The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of two doses of pemetrexed supplemented with folic acid and vitamin B(12) in pretreated Japanese patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Pemetrexed in combination with oxaliplatin as a first-line therapy for advanced gastric cancer: a multi-institutional phase II studyL Celio
Medical Oncology Unit 2, Foundation IRCCS National Tumour Institute, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 20:1062-7. 2009..This clinical trial assessed the efficacy of pemetrexed combined with oxaliplatin (PEMOX) in patients with advanced gastric cancer (AGC)...
- Pemetrexed: biochemical and cellular pharmacology, mechanisms, and clinical applicationsShrikanta Chattopadhyay
Departments of Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology, The Albert Einstein College of Medicine Cancer Center, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:404-17. 2007..Laboratory studies are reviewed that raise the possibility of new approaches to the use of folic acid supplementation in clinical regimens with pemetrexed...
- The therapeutic efficacy of anti vascular endothelial growth factor antibody, bevacizumab, and pemetrexed against orthotopically implanted human pleural mesothelioma cells in severe combined immunodeficient miceQi Li
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Therapeutics, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 13:5918-25. 2007..The vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) has been reported to be an ideal therapeutic target, and a multitargeted antifolate, pemetrexed, has been clinically used for the treatment of MPM...
- Vandetanib plus pemetrexed for the second-line treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a randomized, double-blind phase III trialRichard H de Boer
Western Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Clin Oncol 29:1067-74. 2011..This randomized, placebo-controlled phase III study assessed the efficacy of vandetanib plus pemetrexed as second-line therapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer...
- TS, DHFR and GARFT expression in non-squamous cell carcinoma of NSCLC and malignant pleural mesothelioma patients treated with pemetrexedHidetaka Uramoto
Second Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu, Japan
Anticancer Res 30:4309-15. 2010..However, no useful markers for selecting appropriate candidates exist at present...
- Trimodality therapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma: results from an EORTC phase II multicentre trialP E Van Schil
Antwerp University Hospital, Antwer Belgium
Eur Respir J 36:1362-9. 2010..36-1.00). Although feasible, trimodality therapy in patients with mesothelioma was not completed within the strictly defined timelines of this protocol and adjustments are necessary...
- Psychological effects of dietary components of tea: caffeine and L-theanineJanet Bryan
School of Psychology, University of South Australia, Adelaide, 5001, South Australia, Australia
Nutr Rev 66:82-90. 2008....
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms for the synergistic cytotoxicity elicited by oxaliplatin and pemetrexed in colon cancer cell linesSara Nannizzi
Division of Pharmacology and Chemotherapy, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, 56126, Pisa, Italy
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 66:547-58. 2010..The present study evaluates the pharmacological interaction between oxaliplatin and pemetrexed in colorectal cancer cells...
- Time for tea: mood, blood pressure and cognitive performance effects of caffeine and theanine administered alone and togetherPeter J Rogers
Department of Experimental Psychology, University of Bristol, 12a Woodland Road, Bristol, BS8 1TU, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 195:569-77. 2008..There is also some evidence that theanine affects cognitive performance, and it has been found to reduce blood pressure in hypertensive rats...
- Caffeine markedly sensitizes human mesothelioma cell lines to pemetrexedSang Hee Min
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 61:819-27. 2008..These data indicate that caffeine and its analog, theobromine, may be a useful approach to enhance pemetrexed-based chemotherapy...
- Pemetrexed combined with oxaliplatin or carboplatin as first-line treatment in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a multicenter, randomized, phase II trialGiorgio V Scagliotti
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, Thoracic Oncology Unit, S Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, University of Torino, Regione Gonzole 10 00043 Orbassano, Turin, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 11:690-6. 2005..To determine efficacy and toxicity of two pemetrexed-based regimens in chemonaive patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer...
- A preclinical evaluation of pemetrexed and irinotecan combination as second-line chemotherapy in pancreatic cancerA Mercalli
Laboratory of Experimental Surgery, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 60, Milan 20132, Italy
Br J Cancer 96:1358-67. 2007..The PMX and CPT-11 combination displays a strong schedule-independent synergistic cytotoxic activity against pancreatic cancer, providing experimental basis for its clinical testing as salvage chemotherapy in pancreatic cancer patients...
- Evaluation of pemetrexed (Alimta, LY231514) as second-line chemotherapy in persistent or recurrent carcinoma of the cervix: the CERVIX 1 study of the MITO (Multicentre Italian Trials in Ovarian Cancer and Gynecologic Malignancies) GroupD Lorusso
Department of Gynaecologic Oncology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo Agostino Gemelli 8, IT 00168 Rome, Italy
Ann Oncol 21:61-6. 2010..The objective of the study was to estimate the antitumor activity of pemetrexed in patients with advanced/recurrent carcinoma of the cervix and to determine the nature and degree of toxicity...
- A phase II trial of pemetrexed and gemcitabine in patients with metastatic breast cancer who have received prior taxane therapyJohn Pippen
USO, Texas Oncology, Baylor Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 10:148-53. 2010..This phase II trial assessed efficacy and safety of pemetrexed plus gemcitabine to treat metastatic or locally advanced breast cancer in patients previously treated with taxanes...
- Retrograde flush perfusion with low-potassium solutions for improvement of experimental pulmonary preservationT Wittwer
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena, Germany
J Heart Lung Transplant 19:976-83. 2000..So far, we have seen no experimental studies that include stereologic analysis of intrapulmonary edema concerning the influence of retrograde preservation on post-ischemic lung function after preservation with Perfadex and Celsior...
- Improvement of pulmonary preservation with Celsior and Perfadex: impact of storage time on early post-ischemic lung functionT Wittwer
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Germany
J Heart Lung Transplant 18:1198-201. 1999..Optimal preservation of post-ischemic organ function is a continuing challenge in clinical lung transplantation...
- Molecular characterization of the family of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunitsT Ishii
Institute for Immunology, Kyoto University Faculty of Medicine, Japan
J Biol Chem 268:2836-43. 1993..This investigation demonstrates the anatomical and functional differences of the NMDAR2 subunits, which provide the molecular basis for the functional diversity of the NMDA receptor...
- Future developments in the management of malignant pleural mesotheliomaPaolo Andrea Zucali
Department of Medical Oncology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Via Manzoni 56, 20089 Rozzano, Milan, Italy
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 9:453-67. 2009..The principal goals of this review are to summarize the improvements in the management of MPM that have been achieved recently and to outline the therapeutic approaches in development...
- Loss of reduced folate carrier function and folate depletion result in enhanced pemetrexed inhibition of purine synthesisRongbao Zhao
Departments of Medicine and Molecular Pharmacology, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Cancer Research Center, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:1294-301. 2005....
- Pemetrexed and cisplatin with concurrent radiotherapy for locally advanced non-small cell and limited disease small cell lung cancer: results from 2 phase I studiesV Surmont
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Lung Cancer 69:302-6. 2010..The objectives were to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of pemetrexed and cisplatin with concurrent radiotherapy. Secondary objectives include incidence and nature of acute and late toxicities, tumor response and overall survival...
- Altered long-term synaptic plasticity and kainate-induced Ca2+ transients in the substantia gelatinosa neurons in GLU(K6)-deficient miceDong Ho Youn
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 142:9-18. 2005..These results indicate that unique expression of kainate receptors subunits is important in regulating spinal synaptic plasticity and thereby processing of sensory information, including pain...
- Pemetrexed for the first-line treatment of locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancerN Fleeman
Liverpool Reviews and Implementation Group, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
Health Technol Assess 14:47-53. 2010....
- A P425R mutation of the proton-coupled folate transporter causing hereditary folate malabsorption produces a highly selective alteration in folate bindingDaniel Sanghoon Shin
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302:C1405-12. 2012..Hence, despite its location, the P425R-PCFT mutation produces a conformational change that fully preserves pemetrexed binding but markedly impairs binding of methotrexate and other folates to the carrier...
- Synthesis, biological, and antitumor activity of a highly potent 6-substituted pyrrolo[2,3-d]pyrimidine thienoyl antifolate inhibitor with proton-coupled folate transporter and folate receptor selectivity over the reduced folate carrier that inhibits β-glLei Wang
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Duquesne University, 600 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh 15219, Pennsylvania 15282, United States
J Med Chem 54:7150-64. 2011....
- Antifolates targeting purine synthesis allow entry of tumor cells into S phase regardless of p53 functionJulie L Bronder
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Massey Cancer Center, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Cancer Res 62:5236-41. 2002..We conclude that carcinoma cells are killed equally well by DDATHF and related compounds whether or not the p53 pathway is intact and that the utility of GART inhibitors would not be limited to p53-negative tumors...
- CofE catalyzes the addition of two glutamates to F420-0 in F420 coenzyme biosynthesis in Methanococcus jannaschiiHong Li
Department of Biochemistry, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 0308, USA
Biochemistry 42:9771-8. 2003..in Escherichia coli, purified to homogeneity, and shown to catalyze the GTP-dependent addition of two l-glutamates to the l-lactyl phosphodiester of 7,8-didemethyl-8-hydroxy-5-deazariboflavin (F(420)-0) to form F(420)-0-..
- Updated clinical information on multitargeted antifolates in lung cancerGiorgio V Scagliotti
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Clin Lung Cancer 10:S35-40. 2009..These hypothesis-generating findings are currently validated in prospective studies...
- Activity of pemetrexed against brain metastases in a patient with adenocarcinoma of the lungA Omlin
Division of Oncology and Hematology, Cantonal Hospital St Gallen, St Gallen, Switzerland
Lung Cancer 65:383-4. 2009..After six cycles an impressive regression of the brain metastases was documented. A brief review of the literature on response of cerebral metastases to chemotherapy is added...
- Behavioral evidence supporting a differential role for spinal group I and II metabotropic glutamate receptors in inflammatory hyperalgesia in sheepS Dolan
University of Glasgow, Department of Veterinary Preclinical Studies, Bearsden Road, G61 1QH, Glasgow, UK
Neuropharmacology 43:319-26. 2002..In addition, the analgesic and anti-hyperalgesic actions of group II mGluRs suggest that these receptors play a crucial role in modulating acute inflammatory hyperalgesia...
- Influence of thermal processing on hydrolysis and stability of folate poly-gamma-glutamates in broccoli (Brassica oleracea var. italica), carrot (Daucus carota) and tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum)Ann Wambui Munyaka
Laboratory of Food Technology and Leuven Food Science and Nutrition Research Centre LFoRCe, Department of Microbial and Molecular Systems M2S, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Agric Food Chem 58:4230-40. 2010..inactivation of GGH prior to crushing, it was observed that broccoli, carrot and tomato contained poly-gamma-glutamates with one to seven glutamate residues but differed in the predominant poly-gamma-glutamates...
- Randomized, phase II trial of pemetrexed and carboplatin with or without enzastaurin versus docetaxel and carboplatin as first-line treatment of patients with stage IIIB/IV non-small cell lung cancerMark A Socinski
Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Program, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7305, USA
J Thorac Oncol 5:1963-9. 2010..This trial assessed pemetrexed-carboplatin ± enzastaurin to docetaxel-carboplatin in advanced non-small cell lung cancer...
- Phase I dose-escalation and pharmacokinetic study of a novel folate analogue AG2034D Bissett
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Aberdeen, UK
Br J Cancer 84:308-12. 2001..The AG2034 AUC(0-24)increased by a median of 184% (range 20-389%) from cycle 1 to 3 in all 10 patients examined. No objective antitumour responses were observed in the study...
- [Second-line therapy in patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma. A French retrospective study (2005-2006)]J Margery
Service des Maladies Respiratoires, hôpital d instruction des armées Percy, 92140 Clamart, France
Rev Pneumol Clin 66:255-9. 2010..The role of second-line chemotherapy (SLC) has still not been established in malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) but SLC is increasingly used because many patients are still fit at the time of the progression of the disease...
- Consumption of the folate breakdown product para-aminobenzoylglutamate contributes minimally to urinary folate catabolite excretion in humans: investigation using [(13)C(5)]para-aminobenzoylglutamateMarie A Caudill
Human Nutrition and Food Science Department, Cal Poly Pomona University, Pomona, CA 91768, USA
J Nutr 132:2613-6. 2002..Overall, these results suggest that the contribution of dietary pABG to the urinary excretion of pABG and apABG is small...
- Beneficial effect of lung preservation is related to ultrastructural integrity of tubular myelin after experimental ischemia and reperfusionA Fehrenbach
Division of Electron Microscopy, Center of Anatomy, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 161:2058-65. 2000..These observations suggest that preservation solutions ameliorate events leading to surfactant disturbance even before extensive lung injury is manifested...
- ASTATINE AND IODINE RADIOLABELED MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIESMichael Rod Zalutsky; Fiscal Year: 2013..obtained with N5-(3-[*I]iodobenzoyl)-Lys5-N1-maleimido-D-Gly1- GEEEK ([*I]IB-Mal-D-GEEEK), which includes 3 D-glutamates to provide a negatively charged, proteolytically inert moiety and an iodobenzoyl group to minimize ..
- Mechanisms of Neurotransmitter-gated Ion ChannelsCLAUDIO F GROSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our three Specific Aims are: 1) To characterize the ring of glutamates in the charge selectivity filter of the AChR in terms of number of total negative charges and acid-base behavior;..
- ADVANCED EPR STUDIES OF B12 DEPENDENT ENZYMESGARY GERFEN; Fiscal Year: 2005..For the case of glutamate mutase, selectively isotopically labeled substrates (glutamates) are available (2H, 13C and 15N) to aid in the structural identification...
- REGULATION OF N ARGININE DIBASIC CONVERTASEEva Csuhai; Fiscal Year: 2000..This peptidase contains a unique 76 amino acid acidic domain containing more than 70% glutamates and aspartate which is thought to represent a regulatory domain...
- RATIONAL DRUG DESIGN BASED ON CHEMICAL MECHANISMSJAMES COWARD; Fiscal Year: 2005..4.19.9), involved in the biosynthesis and hydrolysis of folylpoly-gamma.glutamates the folate "conjugates...
- HUMAN GAMMA GLUTAMYL HYDROLASEThomas Ryan; Fiscal Year: 2004..Intracellular classical antifolates are converted to poly-gamma-glutamates by polyglutamate synthetase...
- CHARGED DIHYDROPYRIDINES--PROBES OF HEART CA++ CHANNELSRobert Kass; Fiscal Year: 2001..The third aim of the project is to use site- directed mutagenesis of pore region glutamates and specific residues in IVS6 of the alpha 1c L-channel subunit to determine the structural basis of charged DHP ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF BRAIN AMYLOID PEPTIDE HETEROGENEITYJan Teller; Fiscal Year: 2002..all three A-beta forms are extensively modified at the N-termini: aspartate-1 is either isomerized or racemized, glutamates-3 and -11 are cyclized to pyroglutamates...
- GLUTAMATE STIMULATED MEMBRANE TURNOVER IN RODSBrian Matsumoto; Fiscal Year: 1992..My proposal is the evaluation of 1-glutamates effects on outer segment shedding...
- Novel, P. jirovecii Specific Antipneumocystis AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2009..These agents could be used alone or in combination to treat PCP thus providing novel agents against a new target. ..
- Novel Single, Dual and Multitargeted Inhibitors of RTKsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Antitumor Antimitotics That Reverse Tumor ResistanceAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The study will also further define the mechanism of action of the novel series and could afford agents for clinical use. ..
- Single Agents with Designed Combination Chemotherapy PotentialAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Alpha Folate Receptor Mediated GARFTase Inhibitors as Selective Antitumor AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- NOVEL NONINDUCIBLE THYMIDYLATE SYNTHASE INHIBITORSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Third Generation Antiopportunistic AgentsAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2003..Screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) and tumor cells in culture (NCI) is also proposed. ..
- STRUCTURE BASED ANALOGS AS ANTIOPPORTUNISTIC AGENTSAleem Gangjee; Fiscal Year: 2001..The analogues synthesized will also be submitted for screening against tuberculosis (NIAID) parasitic diseases (WHO) and tumor cells in culture (NCI). ..
- A pharmacogenetic and pharmacodynamic study of erlotinibCHARLES RUDIN; Fiscal Year: 2004..Defining the basis of this toxicity could also promote the development of EGFR-directed agents that may avoid such toxicity or that may be effective in a broader spectrum of cancer patients. ..
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Phase I/II Study of MS-275 and 5-Azacytidine in Patients with Advanced Non-SmallCHARLES RUDIN; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, this approach could alter the poor prognosis of individuals with this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Morphine Like Brain Peptides-Cellular NeurobiologyGEORGE SIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies may help define the role of opioids and their receptors in behavior and provide rational targets for therapeusis of opiate "craving. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Stress-induced reinstatement of cocaine-seeking behaviorPeter Kalivas; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- SOMATOSTATIN RELATED PEPTIDES AND BRAIN FUNCTIONGEORGE SIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF MESOLIMBIC DOPAMINE BY ENDOGENOUS COMPOUNDPeter Kalivas; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, the anatomical and functional mapping of the motive circuit will provide a basis for interpreting future imaging studies in humans where attempts are made to correlate changes in spatially discrete nuclei. ..
- Role of human gamma delta T cells in tumor immunityJACK BUKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will thus help define the role of VgammaVdelta2 T cells in human tumor immunity. ..
- Multiphoton Confocal Microscopy SystemEDWARD CALLAWAY; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies are only possible with the use of a multiphoton confocal microscopy system [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pharmacodynamics of Gemcitabine by MRS in Pancreatic CAHoward Hochster; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Firing Pattern in Midbrain Dopamine NeuronsCARMEN CANAVIER; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Visual Processing in SchizophreniaPamela Butler; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Heme oxygenase and cerebral vascular injuryHelena Parfenova; Fiscal Year: 2008..Better understanding of the mechanisms of postictal cerebral vascular dysfunction is needed to improve the long-term neurological outcome in human newborns. ..
- NUTRITIONAL PROPERTIES OF PYRIDOXINE-BETA-GLUCOSIDEJESSE GREGORY; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will provide new insight into the regulation of PNG hydrolase that is the rate-limiting enzyme for the utilization of glycosylated B6 in human diets. ..
- Pre and Postsynaptic Consequences of Traumatic CNS InjuryScott M Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2011..Project Narrative: We seek to discover the causes of the form of epilepsy that occurs after a severe head injury and to develop new therapies to treat or prevent this condition. ..
- A Decision Aid for Cancer-Surviving AdolescentsPatricia Hollen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Data will be collected during a semistructured interview for the initial and 12-month clinic visits. Generalized linear models will be used for data analyses. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MBRS SCORE Program at the Univ of Texas-BrownsvilleLUIS COLOM; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the success of this application will contribute to the development of internal collaborations and the necessary scientific environment to develop successful R01 applications in the near future. ..
- Benzodiazepine Receptor in PTSDJAMES BREMNER; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Type-2 Diabetes and Cardiac DysfunctionJohn Chatham; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will facilitate the development of novel therapeutic interventions, designed to close the gap in mortality and morbidity between diabetic and non-diabetic patients with heart disease. ..
- Imaging of dopamine function in schizophreniaMarc Laruelle; Fiscal Year: 2005..This finding, if confirmed, might contribute to a better understanding of the pathophysiology of this illness. ..
- MIBG ANALOGUE RADIOPHARMACEUTICALSGanesan Vaidyanathan; Fiscal Year: 2001..Strategies to augment tumor-to-normal tissue ratios will be investigated. The outcome of this study should help improve the endoradiotherapy of neuroendocrine tumors and possibly of medulloblastoma. ..
- Chemistry and Biology of 5-HT2C Receptor Ligands for Drug AbuseALAN PAUL KOZIKOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Molecular Pain MechanismsGerard P Ahern; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim 3 we plan to identify nociceptive behaviors and pathology arising from cationic regulation of TRPV1. ..
- CRCNS: Phase resetting predicts synchronization in hybrid hippocampal circuitsCARMEN CASTRO CANAVIER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Bullock, M. Woodman), graduate and postgraduate levels. With respect to diversity, at least one of the principal trainees will be an underrepresented minority and one principal investigator is female. ..
- Exisulind for Chemoprevention of Lung CancerGerold Bepler; Fiscal Year: 2007..The data generated by these investigations will be important for future decisions on large-scale chemoprevention trials using disease incidence and mortality as endpoints. ..
- Chemistry and Pharmacology of a New Nicotine LigandsAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..Functional activity will be evaluated using established 86RbC1 efflux assays and/or whole cell patch clamp measurements. ..
- MRS STUDIES OF CORTICAL GABA IN DEPRESSIONGerard Sanacora; Fiscal Year: 2003..This novel line investigation will open previously inaccessible areas of research, with a broad range of future applications. ..
- DESIGN OF LIGANDS SELECTIVE FOR THE DAG SUPERFAMILYAlan Kozikowski; Fiscal Year: 2002..To assess the effect of alterations in the ligand's hydrophobic side chain on its tumor promoting activity, studies of skin hyperplasia will be conducted. ..
- PREVENTION OF IFOSFAMIDE INDUCED NEPHROTOXICITYItzhak Nissim; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MAPS AND INSTRINSIC CIRCUITS IN FERRET VISUAL CORTEXBirgit Roerig; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Imaging Ventrostriatal Dopamine System in Cocaine AbuseMarc Laruelle; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding the neurochemical abnormalities associated with the development and maintenance of cocaine addiction is critical to guide future treatment interventions. ..
- UC4 AP4 Cancer Therapy CenterPaul Bunn; Fiscal Year: 2004..Chan, PI); 2) vaccine/ DNAI/ RNA therapy (R. Garcea, PI); 3) angiogenic inhibitors/ PK/ PD modeling (S.G. Eckhardt, PI); and 4) chemoprevention agents (R. Nemenoff, PI). ..
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF NEURONAL POLARIZATIONAnn Craig; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- FUNCTIONAL MAPPING OF DOPAMINE SYSTEMS IN SCHIZOPHRENIAMarc Laruelle; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, better understanding of these dysregulations and their origin will lead to improved treatment strategies. ..
- Capturing cancer cells with peptide bead technologyDerick Lau; Fiscal Year: 2003..The development of this technology will greatly enhance our ability of diagnosing malignant pleural effusion, and it will provide a model for capturing and expanding exfoliated malignant cells in other body fluids. ..
- CHRONIC NEURAL CONTROL OF BLOOD PRESSUREALAN SVED; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is expected that these studies will increase our understanding of the role of the brain in the pathophysiology of hypertension, and may provide new insight to the treatment and prevention of hypertension. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Plasticity of Kappa Opioid Function in Reward CircuitryGREGORY HJELMSTAD; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific aims will test both the extracellular and intracellular mechanisms underlying this effect, as well as testing the specificity of the effect on glutamate release. ..
- Ion Regulation of Kv Channel Gating and PermeationCarol Deutsch; Fiscal Year: 2007..The second aim will test whether ions in the selectivity filter modulate the movement of voltage sensors. These studies will entail measurements of kinetics and voltage dependence of gating currents in HEK cells. ..
- MATERNAL ANESTHESIA AND FETAL CEREBRAL OXYGENATIONJames Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Age-Dependent Response of Hippocampal Neurons to StressGregory Brewer; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Synaptic change in cingulate cortex after amputationMin Zhuo; Fiscal Year: 2006..This information will provide a potential neuronal basis for understanding phantom limb sensation and phantom pain. ..
- CENTRAL BAROREFLEX MECHANISMS OF ANESTHETIC ACTIONMICHAEL ANDRESEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..By examining different anesthetics, we may also better understand whether potentially new anesthetics might be designed to spare these cardioregulatory sites. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fugu Promoters for Mammalian Cortical NeuronsEDWARD CALLAWAY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Small capacity viruses are also among the most promising vectors presently available for human gene therapy in the brain, and their eventual use for this purpose will also require effective short promoters. ..
- LIPOSOMAL BCL-2 ANTISENSE THERAPY FOR SOLID TUMORSFrancisco Esteva; Fiscal Year: 2003..Gabriel Lopez-Berestein (Department of Bioimmunotherapy). M. D. Anderson Cancer Center has the patients and resources necessary for Dr. Esteva to successfully complete this research project. ..
- FOLYLPOLYGLUTAMATE SYNTHETASE IN CANCER CHEMOTHERAPYJohn McGuire; Fiscal Year: 2003..This may explain why high-level resistance to pulse MTX can occur in the absence of a large decrease in total FPGS activity or a rise in glutamyl hydrolase activity. ..
- Diagnosis and prognosis of lung cancer using gene ratiosGAVIN GORDON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specific Aim 4. To develop software for the expression ratio test and to design a form summarizing the results of the diagnostic test kit to clinicians and health care personnel. ..