Genomes and Genes
Bovine viral diarrhea virus 1
Alias: Pestivirus type 1, Bovine viral diarrhea virus, Mucosal disease virus, bovine viral diarrhea virus BVDV, bovine viral diarrhea virus type I, BVDV, BVDV-1, Bovine viral diarrhea virus type 1, Bovine viral diarrhea virus-1
Publications355 found, 100 shown here
- Maternally derived humoral immunity to bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) 1a, BVDV1b, BVDV2, bovine herpesvirus-1, parainfluenza-3 virus bovine respiratory syncytial virus, Mannheimia haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida in beef calves, antibody decline Robert W Fulton
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Oklahoma State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Vaccine 22:643-9. 2004..The calves were vaccinated with a commercial inactivated viral vaccine containing bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV)1a, BVDV2, bovine herpesvirus-1 (BHV-1), parainfluenza-3 virus (PI-3V), and bovine respiratory ..
- Bovine viral diarrhea viral infections in feeder calves with respiratory disease: interactions with Pasteurella spp., parainfluenza-3 virus, and bovine respiratory syncytial virusR W Fulton
Department of Infectious Diseases and Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater 74078, USA
Can J Vet Res 64:151-9. 2000The prevalence of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) infections was determined in a group of stocker calves suffering from acute respiratory disease...
- Natural iminosugar derivatives of 1-deoxynojirimycin inhibit glycosylation of hepatitis viral envelope proteinsJames R Jacob
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, NY 14853, USA
J Microbiol 45:431-40. 2007..activity of the silkworm extract and one of its purified constituents, 1-DNJ, was demonstrated against bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) and GB virus-B (GBV-B), both members of the Flaviviridae family, and against woodchuck hepatitis ..
- Transmission of bovine viral diarrhea virus 1b to susceptible and vaccinated calves by exposure to persistently infected calvesRobert W Fulton
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
Can J Vet Res 69:161-9. 2005b>Bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) persistently infected (PI) calves represent significant sources of infection to susceptible cattle...
- Response of calves persistently infected with noncytopathic bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) subtype 1b after vaccination with heterologous BVDV strains in modified live virus vaccines and Mannheimia haemolytica bacterin-toxoidRobert W Fulton
Room 250, McElroy Hall, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Vaccine 21:2980-5. 2003Seronegative persistently infected (PI) calves with bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) subtype 1b were vaccinated with each of four modified live virus (MLV) BVDV vaccines and a Mannheimia haemolytica bacterin-toxoid...
- Complete genomic sequence of border disease virus, a pestivirus from sheepP Becher
Institut für Virologie FB Veterinärmedizin, Justus Liebig Universitat, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Virol 72:5165-73. 1998The genus Pestivirus of the family Flaviviridae comprises three established species, namely, bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), classical swine fever virus (CSFV), and border disease virus from sheep (BDV)...
- Genetic and antigenic characterization of novel pestivirus genotypes: implications for classificationPaul Becher
Institut für Virologie FB Veterinärmedizin, Justus Liebig Universitat, Frankfurter Strabetae 107, D 35392, Giessen, Germany
Virology 311:96-104. 2003Currently, the genus Pestivirus comprises the four approved species Bovine viral diarrhea virus 1 (BVDV-1), BVDV-2, Classical swine fever virus (CSFV), and Border disease virus (BDV) and one tentative fifth species represented by a ..
- Bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) 1b: predominant BVDV subtype in calves with respiratory diseaseRobert W Fulton
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater 74078, USA
Can J Vet Res 66:181-90. 2002The prevalence of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) infections was determined in 2 groups of stocker calves with acute respiratory disease...
- Genetic diversity of pestiviruses: identification of novel groups and implications for classificationP Becher
Institut für Virologie FB Veterinärmedizin, Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen, D 35392, Germany
Virology 262:64-71. 1999..Phylogenetic analysis enabled the segregation of pestiviruses into the established species bovine viral diarrhea virus-1 (BVDV-1), BVDV-2, border disease virus (BDV), and classical swine fever virus (CSFV)...
- Maternal recognition of foetal infection with bovine virus diarrhoea virus (BVDV)--the bovine pestivirusJ Brownlie
Department of Pathology and Infectious Diseases, Royal Veterinary College, Hatfield, Herts, UK
Clin Diagn Virol 10:141-50. 1998..includes classical swine fever virus (CSFV), border disease virus of sheep (BDV) and bovine virus diarrhoea virus (BVDV)...
- Rumen temperature change monitored with remote rumen temperature boluses after challenges with bovine viral diarrhea virus and Mannheimia haemolyticaT K Rose-Dye
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater 74078, USA
J Anim Sci 89:1193-200. 2011..if remotely monitored rumen temperature boluses could detect a temperature change in steers exposed to bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) and challenged with a common bovine respiratory disease pathogen, Mannheimia haemolytica (MH)...
- Seroprevalence and risk factors for the presence of ruminant pestiviruses in the Dutch swine populationW L A Loeffen
Department of Virology, Central Veterinary Institute of Wageningen UR CVI Lelystad, 8200AB Lelystad, The Netherlands
Vet Microbiol 136:240-5. 2009..infected with classical swine fever virus (CSFV), as well as ruminant pestiviruses: bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV), and Border disease virus (BDV)...
- Deletions of structural glycoprotein E2 of classical swine fever virus strain alfort/187 resolve a linear epitope of monoclonal antibody WH303 and the minimal N-terminal domain essential for binding immunoglobulin G antibodies of a pig hyperimmune serumM Lin
Animal Diseases Research Institute, Nepean, Ontario, Canada
J Virol 74:11619-25. 2000..WH303) with affinity for various CSFV strains but not for the other members of the Pestivirus genus, bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) and border disease virus (BDV)...
- "Self" and "nonself" manipulation of interferon defense during persistent infection: bovine viral diarrhea virus resists alpha/beta interferon without blocking antiviral activity against unrelated viruses replicating in its host cellsMatthias Schweizer
Institute of Veterinary Virology, University of Bern, Laenggass Str 122, P O Box, CH 3001 Bern, Switzerland
J Virol 80:6926-35. 2006b>Bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), together with Classical swine fever virus (CSFV) and Border disease virus (BDV) of sheep, belongs to the genus Pestivirus of the Flaviviridae...
- Effects of exposure to calves persistently infected with bovine viral diarrhea virus type 1b and Mannheimia haemolytica challenge on animal performance, nitrogen balance, and visceral organ mass in beef steersL O Burciaga-Robles
Department of Animal Science, Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater 74078, USA
J Anim Sci 88:2179-88. 2010..was to determine the effects of Mannheimia haemolytica challenge after short-term exposure (72 h) to bovine viral diarrhea virus type 1b (BVDV1b) persistently infected (PI) calves on performance, N balance, and organ mass in ..
- Effect of bovine viral diarrhoea virus biotypes on adherence of sperm to oocytes during in-vitro fertilization in cattleM Talebkhan Garoussi
Section of Theriogenology, Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad Iran
Theriogenology 75:1067-75. 2011Bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV), a member of the Pestivirus genus, is one of the most important pathogens of dairy cattle; it can cause several clinical syndromes, ranging from subclinical to severe disease...
- Associations between reproductive performance and seropositivity for bovine leukemia virus, bovine viral-diarrhea virus, Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis, and Neospora caninum in Canadian dairy cowsJ A Vanleeuwen
Department of Health Management, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 550, University Avenue, Charlottetown, PE, Canada
Prev Vet Med 94:54-64. 2010..was to investigate effects of seropositivity for bovine leukemia virus (BLV), Type 1 bovine viral-diarrhea virus (BVDV), Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis (MAP), and Neospora caninum (NC), and their possible interactions,..
- Characterization of an autonomous subgenomic pestivirus RNA repliconS E Behrens
Institut für Virologie FB Veterinärmedizin, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Germany
J Virol 72:2364-72. 1998As an initial approach to define the requirements for the replication of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), a member of the Flaviviridae family with a positive-strand RNA genome, full-length genomic and subgenomic RNAs were originated ..
- Nucleotide sequence analysis of the structural gene coding region of the pestivirus border disease virusD G Sullivan
Department of Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523
Virus Res 33:219-28. 1994..to the two other well characterized members of the Pestivirus genus of the Flaviviridae family, namely bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) and hog cholera virus (HoCV)...
- The internal initiation of translation in bovine viral diarrhea virus RNA depends on the presence of an RNA pseudoknot upstream of the initiation codonLorin Moes
Evolva, CH 4123 Allschwil, Switzerland
Virol J 4:124. 2007b>Bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) is the prototype representative of the pestivirus genus in the Flaviviridae family...
- Humoral and T cell-mediated immune responses to bivalent killed bovine viral diarrhea virus vaccine in beef cattleRatree Platt
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Preventive Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 122:8-15. 2008..to evaluate the antibody and cell-mediated immune responses to a multivalent vaccine containing killed bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) types 1 and 2...
- A single point mutation in nonstructural protein NS2 of bovine viral diarrhea virus results in temperature-sensitive attenuation of viral cytopathogenicityAlexander Pankraz
Department of Infectious Diseases, Institute of Virology, University of Veterinary Medicine, D 30559 Hannover, Germany
J Virol 83:12415-23. 2009For Bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), the type species of the genus Pestivirus in the family Flaviviridae, cytopathogenic (cp) and noncytopathogenic (ncp) viruses are distinguished according to their effect on cultured cells...
- Genomic analyses of bovine viral diarrhea viruses isolated from cattle imported into Japan between 1991 and 2005Tomoko Yamamoto
Animal Quarantine Service, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, 11 1 Haramachi, Yokohama, Kanagawa 235 0008, Japan
Vet Microbiol 127:386-91. 2008Thirty-one isolates of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) isolated within the past 15 years from imported cattle by the Japanese Animal Quarantine Service (AQS) were used in this study in which a 5'-untranslated region of each isolate ..
- Cellular sequences in pestivirus genomes encoding gamma-aminobutyric acid (A) receptor-associated protein and Golgi-associated ATPase enhancer of 16 kilodaltonsPaul Becher
Institut für Virologie Fachbereich Veterinärmedizin, Justus Liebig Universitat, Frankfurter Strasse 107, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Virol 76:13069-76. 2002..we report the identification and characterization of two novel cellular sequences in the genomes of cp bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) strains...
- Infectivity of bovine viral diarrhea virus associated with in vivo-derived bovine embryosJulie G Waldrop
College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn University, 100 McAdory Hall, Auburn, AL 36849 5519, USA
Theriogenology 62:387-97. 2004Early research indicated that bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) would not adhere to zona pellucida-intact (ZP-I), in vivo-derived bovine embryos...
- Experimental infection of white-tailed deer fawns (Odocoileus virginianus) with bovine viral diarrhea virus type-1 isolated from free-ranging white-tailed deerE A Raizman
Department of Comparative Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Wildl Dis 45:653-60. 2009The objective of the current study was to elucidate the within-host dynamics of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) type-1 infection to better understand how this virus could be maintained in white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus, WTD)..
- Evidence for persistent Bovine viral diarrhea virus infection in a captive mountain goat (Oreamnos americanus)Danielle D Nelson
Washington Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, College Station, Pullman, WA 99165 2037, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 20:752-9. 2008..can produce persistently infected animals that are immunotolerant to the infecting strain of Bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) and shed virus throughout their lives...
- Replication and persistence of different strains of bovine viral diarrhea virus in an in vitro embryo production systemM D Givens
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn University, AL 36849, USA
Theriogenology 54:1093-107. 2000Recent studies have shown that exposed, in vitro-derived embryos remain contaminated with bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) after washing...
- What is known about the antiviral agents active against bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV)?L M Finkielsztein
Cátedra de Química Medicinal, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Curr Med Chem 17:2933-55. 2010..This family includes three genera: Pestivirus [including bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV)], Flavivirus [including yellow fever virus (YFV), dengue virus, and West Nile virus (WNV)], and ..
- First report of BVDV circulation in sheep in ArgentinaS Julia
Instituto de Virologia, Centro de Investigaciones en Ciencias Veterinarias y Agronomicas, INTA Castelar, CC 25 1712, 1686 Morón, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Prev Vet Med 90:274-7. 2009..Currently, the genus Pestivirus includes Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus 1 (BVDV-1) and 2 (BVDV-2), Border Disease Virus (BDV), and Classical Swine Fever Virus (CSFV)...
- Transmission of bovine viral diarrhea virus among white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus)Thomas Passler
College of Veterinary Medicine, JT Vaughan Large Animal Teaching Hospital, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
Vet Res 41:20. 2010Cattle persistently infected (PI) with bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), a pestivirus in the family Flaviviridae, are an important source of viral transmission to susceptible hosts...
- Lymphocytopathogenic activity in vitro correlates with high virulence in vivo for BVDV type 2 strains: Criteria for a third biotype of BVDVJulia F Ridpath
Virus and Prion Diseases of Livestock Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Ames, IA 50010, USA
Virus Res 118:62-9. 2006Two biotypes of bovine viral diarrhea viruses (BVDV), cytopathic (cp) and noncytopathic (ncp), are recognized based on their activity in cultured epithelial cells...
- Failure to spread bovine virus diarrhoea virus infection from primarily infected calves despite concurrent infection with bovine coronavirusRauni Niskanen
Department of Ruminant Medicine and Veterinary Epidemiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, S 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Vet J 163:251-9. 2002Previous reports on the spread of bovine virus diarrhoea virus (BVDV) from animals primarily infected with the agent are contradictory...
- Suitability of vaccinia virus and bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) for determining activities of three commonly-used alcohol-based hand rubs against enveloped virusesGunter Kampf
Bode Chemie GmbH and Co, KG, Scientific Affairs, Melanchthonstr, 27, 22525 Hamburg, Germany
BMC Infect Dis 7:5. 2007..and the German Association for the Control of Virus Disease (DVV) suggested that vaccinia virus and bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) should be used as test viruses in a quantitative suspension test to determine the activity of a ..
- Immunohistochemical study of Hemophilus somnus, Mycoplasma bovis, Mannheimia hemolytica, and bovine viral diarrhea virus in death losses due to myocarditis in feedlot cattleDeborah M Haines
Department of Veterinary Microbiology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskathewan S7N 5B4, Canada
Can Vet J 45:231-4. 2004..study was to determine the presence of Hemophilus somnus, Mycoplasma bovis, Mannheimia hemolytica, and bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) in lesional tissues of feeder calves dying with myocarditis...
- Further characterization of border disease virus isolates: evidence for the presence of more than three species within the genus pestivirusP Becher
Federal Research Centre for Virus Diseases of Animals, Tubingen, Germany
Virology 209:200-6. 1995..two distinct groups of sheep-derived pestiviruses, namely "true" border disease virus strains (BDV) and bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV)-like strains...
- Seroconversion to bovine viral diarrhoea virus and infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus in dairy herds of Michoacan, MexicoJose C Segura-Correa
Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, UADY, Km 15 5 carretera Mérida Xmatkuil, A P 4 116, Itzimná, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Trop Anim Health Prod 42:233-8. 2010Bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) and infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus (IBRV) are important viral diseases around the world...
- Risk factors associated with Neospora caninum seropositivity in randomly sampled Canadian dairy cows and herdsJ A Vanleeuwen
Department of Health Management, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Ave, Charlottetown, PE, Canada C1A 4P3
Prev Vet Med 93:129-38. 2010..controlling for important confounding variables and co-infections with bovine leukemia virus (BLV), bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) and Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis (MAP)...
- Molecular characterization of bovine viral diarrhea virus type 2 isolate originating from a native Indian sheep (Ovies aries)N Mishra
High Security Animal Disease Laboratory, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Anand Nagar, Bhopal 462021, Madhya Pradesh, India
Vet Microbiol 130:88-98. 2008The wide spread prevalence of bovine viral diarrhea virus type 1 (BVDV-1) in cattle and recent identification of BVDV-2 in goats in India warranted pestivirus surveillance in sheep...
- Viral antigen distribution in the respiratory tract of cattle persistently infected with bovine viral diarrhea virus subtype 2aA W Confer
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology and the Oklahoma Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, 211 McElroy Hall, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078 2007, USA
Vet Pathol 42:192-9. 2005..bifurcation, and lung from each of 10 clinically healthy calves persistently infected (PI) with bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) serotype 2a...
- Serological response of guinea pigs to oily and aqueous inactivated vaccines containing a Brazilian isolate of the Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus (BVDV)Ricardo Spacagna Jordão
Laboratório de Produção de Imunobiológicos, Instituto Biologico, Av Cons Rodrigues Alves 1252, 04014 002 São Paulo, Brazil
Res Vet Sci 91:311-5. 2011b>Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus (BVDV) is widespread in cattle in Brazil and research shows its large antigenic variability. Available vaccines are produced with virus strains isolated in other countries and may not be effective...
- Seroepidemiology of bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) in the Adamawa Region of Cameroon and use of the SPOT test to identify herds with PI calvesIan G Handel
The Roslin Institute at the Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Easter Bush, Midlothian, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e21620. 2011Bovine viral diarrhoea, caused by the bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) in the Pestivirus genus of the Flaviviridae, is one of the most important diseases of cattle world wide causing poor reproductive performance in adult cattle and ..
- Noncytopathic bovine viral diarrhea virus inhibits double-stranded RNA-induced apoptosis and interferon synthesisM Schweizer
Institute of Veterinary Virology, University of Bern, CH 3012 Bern, Switzerland
J Virol 75:4692-8. 2001b>Bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), a pestivirus of the Flaviviridae family, is an economically important cattle pathogen with a worldwide distribution...
- Antiviral activity of hop constituents against a series of DNA and RNA virusesVictor E Buckwold
Infectious Disease Research Department, Southern Research Institute, 431 Aviation Way, Frederick, MD 21701, USA
Antiviral Res 61:57-62. 2004..These hop constituents were tested for antiviral activity against bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) as a surrogate model of hepatitis C virus (HCV), human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), influenza A ..
- Cytopathic bovine viral diarrhea viruses (BVDV): emerging pestiviruses doomed to extinctionErnst Peterhans
Institute of Veterinary Virology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Vet Res 41:44. 2010b>Bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), a Flaviviridae pestivirus, is arguably one of the most widespread cattle pathogens worldwide. Each of its two genotypes has two biotypes, non-cytopathic (ncp) and cytopathic (cp)...
- Protection from persistent infection with a bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) type 1b strain by a modified-live vaccine containing BVDV types 1a and 2, infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus, parainfluenza 3 virus and bovine respiratory syncytial virusWenzhi Xue
Intervet Schering Plough Animal Health, 35500W 91st Street, De Soto, KS 66018, USA
Vaccine 29:4657-62. 2011Recent studies showed that BVDV-1b subgenotype is dominant in North and South American field BVDV isolates. However, nearly all commercially available BVDV-1 vaccines contain BVDV-1a strains...
- Ruminant pestivirus infection in pigsB Liess
Institute of Virology, Division of Clinical Virology, Hanover Veterinary School, Federal Republic of Germany
Rev Sci Tech 9:151-61. 1990..iii) degree of homology of virus strains used for serology, with field strains of bovine virus diarrhoea virus (BVDV) infecting pigs. Emphasis should be laid on sources of BVDV other than cattle, e.g...
- Production and characterization of monoclonal antibodies to Brazilian isolates of bovine viral diarrhea virusL C Kreutz
Laboratorio de Virologia, Departamento de Medicina Veterinaria Preventiva, Microbiologia e Parasitologia, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Santa Maria, RS, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 33:1459-66. 2000Three Brazilian isolates of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), antigenically distinct from the standard North American isolates, were selected to immunize BALB/c mice in order to obtain hybridoma cells secreting anti-BVDV monoclonal ..
- Genetic diversity of pestivirus isolates in cattle from Western AustriaAndrea Hornberg
Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety AGES, Robert Koch Gasse 17, 2340 Moedling, Austria
Vet Microbiol 135:205-13. 2009The genetic diversity of bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) isolates in infected cattle from Tyrol and Vorarlberg (Austria) was investigated...
- [Kinetics and persistence of neutralizing antibodies against bovine viral diarrhea virus-1 and -2 and border disease virus after two step vaccination of cattle]T C Oguzoglu
Institut fur Virologie, Tierarztliche Hochschule Hannover
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 110:14-7. 2003The aim of the study was the assessment of rise and persistence of neutralizing antibodies (nAb) to bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) and border disease virus (BDV) after a two step vaccination using an inactivated BVDV/BDV (Mucobovin) ..
- Clinical and epidemiologic observations of bovine viral diarrhea virus in the northwestern United StatesJames F Evermann
Washington Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Vet Microbiol 89:129-39. 2002Retrospective analyses of cases from which bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) was isolated from 1980 to 2000 were conducted. These cases originated from the northwestern US and included both beef and dairy cattle...
- Genetic variety of bovine viral diarrhea virus 2 strains isolated from sheepMassimo Giangaspero
Institute of Special Pathology and Veterinary Medical Clinic, The University of Milan, Italy
J Vet Med Sci 66:323-6. 2004b>Bovine viral diarrhea virus 2 (BVDV-2) strains, isolated from sheep showing clinical symptoms of border disease, have been evaluated by the palindromic nucleotide substitution (PNS) method at the three variable loci (V1, V2 and V3) in ..
- Development and validation of an ELISA for quantitation of bovine viral diarrhea virus antigen in the critical stages of vaccine productionA Pecora
Instituto de Virologia, CICVyA, INTA Castelar, 1686 Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Virol Methods 162:170-8. 2009b>Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus (BVDV) is the causative agent of a worldwide disease. The virus infects bovines of all ages, causing reproductive problems and contaminating biological products of high commercial value...
- A scoring system for risk assessment of the introduction and spread of bovine viral diarrhoea virus in dairy herds in Northern ItalyCamilla Luzzago
Universita degli Studi di Milano, Dipartimento Patologia Animale, Igiene e Sanita Pubblica Veterinaria, Milano, Italy
Vet J 177:236-41. 2008..this study aimed to develop an integrated scoring system for the risk assessment of bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) infection in dairy herds in Northern Italy...
- Foetal cross-protection experiments between type 1 and type 2 bovine viral diarrhoea virus in pregnant ewesD J Paton
Central Veterinary Laboratory, Veterinary Laboratories Agency, Surrey, UK
Vet Microbiol 64:185-96. 1999..and given an intranasal dose of either cell culture medium, or a type 1 or a type 2 bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV-1 or BVDV-2)...
- Clinical response and immunomodulation following experimental challenge of calves with type 2 noncytopathogenic bovine viral diarrhea virusD Archambault
Departement des Sciences Biologiques, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Canada
Vet Res 31:215-27. 2000Eight calves between 16 and 18 weeks of age that were seronegative to bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), bovine leucosis virus and bovine immunodeficiency-like virus were infected (day 0) intranasally with the type 2 noncytopathogenic ..
- Impact of oral meloxicam and long-distance transport on cell-mediated and humoral immune responses in feedlot steers receiving modified live BVDV booster vaccination on arrivalN K Van Engen
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Preventive Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, 50011, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 175:42-50. 2016..on arrival (day 0) and after 7days, and that CMI following vaccination with a modified live bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) recall antigen would be increased...
- Persistent infections after natural transmission of bovine viral diarrhoea virus from cattle to goats and among goatsClaudia Bachofen
Institute of Veterinary Virology, University of Bern, Länggassstr, 122, P, O, Box 8466, CH 3001 Bern, Switzerland
Vet Res 44:32. 2013Bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) is an economically important pathogen of cattle worldwide...
- Identification of a cell population that produces alpha/beta interferon in vitro and in vivo in response to noncytopathic bovine viral diarrhea virusL S Brackenbury
Institute for Animal Health, Compton, Newbury, Berkshire RG20 7NN, United Kingdom
J Virol 79:7738-44. 2005In vitro infection of bovine cells of many origins with the cytopathogenic bovine viral diarrhea virus (cpBVDV) results in the induction of alpha/beta interferon (IFN-alpha/beta), whereas noncytopathogenic BVDV (ncpBVDV) isolates have ..
- Serological status for N. caninum, bovine viral diarrhea virus, and infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus at pregnancy testing and reproductive performance in beef herdsC L Waldner
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, 52 Campus Drive, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Sask, Canada
Anim Reprod Sci 90:219-42. 2005Neospora caninum, infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR), and bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) are important differentials for the diagnosis of infectious reproductive loss in beef herds...
- The effect of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) strains on bovine monocyte-derived dendritic cells (Mo-DC) phenotype and capacity to produce BVDVMrigendra K S Rajput
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, SDSU, Brookings, SD 57007, USA
Virol J 11:44. 2014..In this study, the ability of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) to replicate and produce infectious virus in monocyte-derived dendritic cells (Mo-DC) and ..
- Assessing the effect of sample handling on the performance of a commercial bovine viral diarrhea virus antigen-capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assayMatthew C Reed
College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50010, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 20:124-6. 2008..In this study, as part of the Voluntary Iowa Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus Screening Project held in 2006, 2 sample-handling practices were evaluated to determine how they affect ..
- High prevalence of bovine viral diarrhea virus 1 in Chinese swine herdsYu Deng
Shanghai Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Shanghai 200241, China
Vet Microbiol 159:490-3. 2012Nested RT-PCR was used to investigate bovine viral diarrhea virus in 511 specimens collected from Chinese pigs exhibiting clinical symptoms between 2007 and 2010...
- Influence of herd structure and type of virus introduction on the spread of bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) within a dairy herdPauline Ezanno
INRA, UMR1300, Bio agression, Epidémiologie et Analyse de Risques, BP 40706, 44307 Nantes, France
Vet Res 39:39. 2008..Herd structure varies among cattle herds. However, published models of the spread of bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) assume no herd structure or a unique structure chosen as a representative...
- Isolation of BVDV from bovine serum by EMEA/CVMP and 9 CFR: a comparisonJ W Black
American BioResearch Laboratory, Sevierville, TN 37964, USA
Dev Biol (Basel) 126:293-9; discussion 327. 2006Data derived from both experience and validation exercises on the behaviour and properties of BVDV is presented as applied to recovery of the virus from bovine serum used in the industrial production of animal biologicals...
- Occurrence of antibodies anti -Toxoplasma gondii, Neospora caninum and Leptospira interrogans in a captive deer herd in Southern BrazilCristina Kraemer Zimpel
Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Parasitol Vet 24:482-7. 2015..were tested for Brucella abortus, Leptospira (23 serovars), Toxoplasma gondii, Neospora caninum, bovine viral diarrhea virus, infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus, foot-and-mouth disease virus, western equine encephalitis ..
- Biosecurity aspects and pathogen inactivation in acidified high risk animal by-productsBjörn Vinnerås
Department of Chemistry, Environment and Feed Hygiene, National Veterinary Institute, Uppsala, Sweden
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 47:1166-72. 2012..of Salmonella Typhimurium, Bacillus cereus spores, porcine herpes virus, avian influenza virus, bovine viral diarrhea virus, equine rhinitis A virus and porcine parvovirus in Biomal at different storage times...
- Identification and characterization of mimotopes of classical swine fever virus E2 glycoprotein using specific anti-E2 monoclonal antibodiesMelissa Batonick
USDA, APHIS, Veterinary Services, National Veterinary Services Laboratories, Foreign Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, United States
Virus Res 175:12-9. 2013..nucleic acid and amino acid sequence homology with the other members of the pestivirus genus, namely bovine viral diarrhea virus and border disease virus...
- Herpetiform genital lesions in a heifer with mucosal diseaseJ J Fabis
Department of Pathobiology and Veterinary Science, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
Vet Pathol 45:212-6. 2008..Lesions of the vulva similar to those seen in some stages of infectious pustular vulvovaginitis were negative for bovine herpesvirus-1 and tested positive for bovine viral diarrhea virus antigen by immunohistochemistry.
- Pestivirus exposure in free-living and captive deer in AustriaReinhild Krametter
II Medical Clinic for Ruminants and Swine, Veterinary University of Vienna, 1210 Vienna, Austria
J Wildl Dis 40:791-5. 2004..Sera were tested for antibodies against bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) with an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and virus neutralization tests against three ..
- Pestivirus virion morphogenesis in the absence of uncleaved nonstructural protein 2-3E Lattwein
Institute for Virology and Cell Biology, University of Lubeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, D 23562 Lubeck, Germany
J Virol 86:427-37. 2012..g., hepatitis C virus [HCV]), and Pestivirus. Pestiviruses, like bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), bear a striking degree of similarity to HCV concerning polyprotein organization, processing, ..
- The effects of viral vaccination of dairy heifer calves on the incidence of respiratory disease, mortality, and growthM C Windeyer
Department of Population Medicine, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada, N1G 2W1
J Dairy Sci 95:6731-9. 2012..Calves were randomly assigned to receive a commercial, intramuscular, modified-live vaccine against bovine viral diarrhea virus types 1 and 2, bovine respiratory syncytial virus, bovine herpesvirus type 1, and parainfluenza virus ..
- Mapping of two antigenic domains on the NS3 protein of the pestivirus bovine viral diarrhea virusDirk Deregt
Lethbridge Laboratory Animal Diseases Research Institute, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, P O Box 640, Lethbridge, Alta, Canada T1J 3Z4
Vet Microbiol 108:13-22. 2005The immunodominant NS3 (p80) protein of the pestivirus bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) functions as a serine protease and a RNA helicase...
- Virucidal activity of ortho-phthalaldehyde solutions against hepatitis B and C virusesCharles G Roberts
Advanced Sterilization Products, Johnson and Johnson Company, Irvine, CA 92618, USA
Am J Infect Control 36:223-6. 2008..The surrogate viruses, duck hepatitis B virus (DHBV) and bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), were used to assess the virucidal efficacy of OPA on HBV and HCV, respectively...
- Epidemiology and genetic characterization of BVDV, BHV-1, BHV-4, BHV-5 and Brucella spp. infections in cattle in TurkeyMuhammet Eren Aslan
Department of Virology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Kirikkale University, Kirikkale 71450, Turkey
J Vet Med Sci 77:1371-7. 2015The aim of the study was to determine the epidemiological data of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), bovine herpesvirus-1 (BHV-1), bovine herpesvirus-4 (BHV-4), bovine herpesvirus-5 (BHV-5) and Brucella-associated cattle that were ..
- Two newly developed E(rns)-based ELISAs allow the differentiation of Classical Swine Fever virus-infected from marker-vaccinated animals and the discrimination of pestivirus antibodiesAndrea Aebischer
Institute of Virology and Immunoprophylaxis, Sensemattstrasse 293, CH 3147 Mittelhäusern, Switzerland
Vet Microbiol 161:274-85. 2013..the most promising live marker vaccine candidate currently available, is a genetically modified Bovine Viral Diarrhea virus expressing the E2 glycoprotein of CSFV strain Alfort/187...
- Development of fetal and placental innate immune responses during establishment of persistent infection with bovine viral diarrhea virusNatalia P Smirnova
Animal Reproduction and Biotechnology Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, 1683 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1683, USA
Virus Res 167:329-36. 2012..b>Bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) has the ability to cross the placenta and infect the fetus...
- Experimental superinfection of a Lesser Malayan mousedeer (Tragulus javanicus) persistently infected with bovine viral diarrhea virusAntje Semrau
Leibniz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife Research, Alfred Kowalke Strasse 17, 10315 Berlin, Germany
J Zoo Wildl Med 39:124-7. 2008A Lesser Malayan mousedeer (Tragulus javanicus), persistently infected with noncytopathogenic bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) type 1f, was experimentally superinfected with a cytopathogenic isolate of BVDV type 1c, which antigenically ..
- Serologic, trace element, and fecal parasite survey of free-ranging, female mule deer (Odocoileus hemionus) in eastern Washington, USAWoodrow L Myers
1 Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, 2315 N Discovery Place, Spokane Valley, Washington 99216, USA
J Wildl Dis 51:125-36. 2015..Leptospira interrogans serovar Canicola (1%), Leptospira interrogans serovar Grippotyphosa (13%), Bovine viral diarrhea virus 1 (57%), Bovine respiratory syncytial virus (71%), Infectious bovine rhinotracheitis virus (51%), Bovine ..
- Effect of injectable trace minerals on the humoral immune response to multivalent vaccine administration in beef calvesJ D Arthington
Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, FL, USA edu
J Anim Sci 90:1966-71. 2012..2 kg), seronegative for bovine herpesvirus-1 (BHV-1) and bovine viral diarrhea virus, genotypes 1 and 2 (BVDV-1 and BVDV-2), were sourced from 2 locations...
- Genome Sequence of a Subgenotype 1a Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus in ChinaShandian Gao
State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Etiological Biology, Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Xujiaping, Lanzhou, Gansu, People s Republic of China
Genome Announc 4:. 2016A bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), GS5, of the BVDV-1a subgenotype was isolated from dairy cattle in Gansu Province, northwest China...
- Milk as a diagnostic sample for a commercially available ELISA to identify bovine viral diarrhoea (BVD) antibodies in dairy herdsS R Lanyon
School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, University of Adelaide, Roseworthy, South Australia, 5371, Australia
Aust Vet J 92:269-73. 2014..of this study were to evaluate a commercially available ELISA for the detection of bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV)-specific antibodies in individual milk compared with individual serum samples, and in bulk milk samples compared ..
- Detection and identification of the atypical bovine pestiviruses in commercial foetal bovine serum batchesHongyan Xia
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Public Health, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e28553. 2011..According to the certificate of analysis that the suppliers claimed for each batch of FBS, BVDV-1 was detected in all 11 countries and BVDV-2 was detected exclusively in the America Continent...
- Simulation of the K-function in the analysis of spatial clustering for non-randomly distributed locations--exemplified by bovine virus diarrhoea virus (BVDV) infection in DenmarkA K Ersbøll
Department of Large Animal Sciences, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Prev Vet Med 91:64-71. 2009..The approach also overcomes edge effects and problems with complex shapes of the study region. An application to bovine virus diarrhoea virus (BVDV) infection in Denmark is described.
- Yeast-surface expressed BVDV E2 protein induces a Th1/Th2 response in naïve T cellsRobert Patterson
Royal Veterinary College, Department of Pathology and Infectious Diseases, Hawkshead Lane, Hatfield AL9 7TA, UK
Dev Comp Immunol 37:107-14. 2012..In the current project, we express the immunogenic envelope protein E2 of bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) on the surface of S. cerevisiae...
- Antiviral activity of benzimidazole derivatives. III. Novel anti-CVB-5, anti-RSV and anti-Sb-1 agentsMichele Tonelli
Dipartimento di Farmacia, Universita di Genova, Viale Benedetto XV 3, 16132 Genova, Italy Electronic address
Bioorg Med Chem 22:4893-909. 2014..Fifty-two of them displayed different levels of activity against one or more viruses, among which CVB-5, RSV, BVDV and Sb-1 were the most frequently affected...
- Molecular diversity of bovine viral diarrhea virus in uruguayL Maya
Laboratorio de Virologia Molecular, Regional Norte, CENUR Noroeste, Universidad de la Republica, Gral Rivera 1350, 50000, Salto, Uruguay
Arch Virol 161:529-35. 2016..Two viral species has been recognized: BVDV-1 and BVDV-2, both distributed worldwide. Recently, novel specie of BVDV named HoBi-like pestivirus was discovered...
- A serosurvey for ruminant pestivirus exposure conducted using cattle sera collected for brucellosis surveillance in the United StatesFernando V Bauermann
National Animal Disease Center, Agricultural Research Services, Ames, IA Bauermann, Ridpath
J Vet Diagn Invest 29:76-82. 2017Four species of ruminant pestivirus are currently circulating in the United States: Bovine viral diarrhea virus 1 and 2 (BVDV-1, -2; predominant host: cattle), Border disease virus (BDV; predominant host: sheep), and pronghorn virus (..
- Molecular epidemiology of bovine viral diarrhoea during the final phase of the Swedish BVD-eradication programmeKarl Ståhl
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Public Health, SLU, Box 7036, S 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Prev Vet Med 72:103-8; discussion 215-9. 2005..the first results of a programme where we apply a molecular-epidemiological approach to trace sources and routes of BVDV infection, and that we expect will speed up the final phase of the BVD-programme and help to reach total eradication...
- Development of a RT-PCR ELISA for simultaneous detection of BVDV-1, BVDV-2 and BDV in ruminants and its evaluation on clinical samplesPooja Dubey
National Institute of High Security Animal Diseases formerly HSADL, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Anand Nagar, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh 462021, India
J Virol Methods 213:50-6. 2015..When the assay was evaluated on the samples obtained from animals infected experimentally with BVDV and from the field using virus isolation as standard, it showed a high diagnostic sensitivity (95...
- Distribution of lymphoid depletion and viral antigen in alpacas experimentally infected with Bovine viral diarrhea virus 1David J Steffen
1David Steffen, Veterinary Diagnostic Center, Fair Street and Campus Loop, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68583 0907
J Vet Diagn Invest 26:35-41. 2014It was hypothesized that acute postnatal Bovine viral diarrhea virus 1 (BVDV-1) infection leads to leukopenia and lymphoid depletion of gut-associated lymphoid tissues similar to acute disease in calves...
- Inhibition of subgenomic hepatitis C virus RNA replication by acridone derivatives: identification of an NS3 helicase inhibitorGiuseppe Manfroni
Dipartimento di Chimica e Tecnologia del Farmaco, Universita degli Studi di Perugia, Via del Liceo, 1, 06123 Perugia, Italy
J Med Chem 52:3354-65. 2009..C virus (HCV) activity shown by acridone 2, previously studied as a potential antibovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) compound...
- Molecular mechanism of viral resistance to a potent non-nucleoside inhibitor unveiled by molecular simulationsShailendra Asthana
Dipartimento di Fisica, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Cittadella Universitaria, 09042 Monserrato, CA, Italy
Biochemistry 53:6941-53. 2014Recently, we reported on a potent benzimidazole derivative (227G) that inhibits the growth of the bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) in cell-based and enzyme assays at nanomolar concentrations...
- Respiratory disease associated with bovine coronavirus infection in cattle herds in Southern ItalyNicola Decaro
Department of Animal Health and Well Being, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Bari, s p per Casamassima km 3, 70010 Valenzano, Bari, Italy
J Vet Diagn Invest 20:28-32. 2008..e., bovine respiratory syncytial virus, bovine herpesvirus type 1, bovine viral diarrhea virus, bovine parainfluenza virus)...
- Comparison of bulk milk antibody and youngstock serology screens for determining herd status for Bovine Viral Diarrhoea VirusRichard E Booth
Royal Veterinary College, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Hertfordshire, AL9 7TA, UK
BMC Vet Res 12:177. 2016..for determining the presence or absence of animals persistently infected (PI) with Bovine Viral Diarrhoea Virus (BVDV) within a herd...
- Acute non-cytopathic bovine viral diarrhea virus infection induces pronounced type I interferon response in pregnant cows and fetusesNatalia P Smirnova
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1683, USA
Virus Res 132:49-58. 2008b>Bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) infection occurs in the cattle population worldwide. Non-cytopathic (ncp) BVDV strains cause transient infection (TI) or persistent infection (PI) depending on the host's immune status...
- Study of the kinetics of antibodies titres against viral pathogens and detection of rotavirus and parainfluenza 3 infections in captive crias of guanacos (Lama guanicoe)G Marcoppido
Instituto de Virologia, CICVyA, INTA Castelar, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Transbound Emerg Dis 58:37-43. 2011..Ab) to Rotavirus (RV), Parainfluenza-3 virus (PI-3), Bovine Herpesvirus-1 (BoHV-1), Bovine Viral Diarrhoea virus (BVDV-1) and Bluetongue virus (BTV) in eleven guanaco's crias (chulengos) relocated from Rio Negro to Buenos Aires ..
- Herd-level factors associated with the presence of bovine viral diarrhoea virus in herds participating in the voluntary phase of the Irish national eradication programmeD A Graham
Animal Health Ireland, Main Street, Carrick on Shannon, Leitrim, Ireland
Prev Vet Med 112:99-108. 2013..to identify variables associated with initial positive or inconclusive results for bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) in ear punch samples collected from calves between 1st January and 15th July 2012 (the study period) as part of ..
- Interferon-gamma and interleukin-4 mRNA expression by peripheral blood mononuclear cells from pregnant and non-pregnant cattle seropositive for bovine viral diarrhea virusA S Waldvogel
Institute of Veterinary Pathology, University of Berne, Langgass strasse 122, CH 3012, Berne, Switzerland
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 77:201-12. 2000..was to examine cytokine expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) from cattle immune to bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) to determine whether pregnancy also has an influence on the type of immune response in this ..
- Antibody titers to vaccination are not predictive of level of protection against a BVDV type 1b challenge in Bos indicus - Bos taurus steersE D Downey-Slinker
Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA Electronic address
Vaccine 34:5053-9. 2016..MLV) vaccine, or no vaccine (control), and were challenged with a noncytopathic 1b field strain of bovine viral diarrhea virus. Rectal temperature and levels of circulating lymphocytes and platelets were monitored following ..
- Apoptosis inhibitors delay the cytopathic effect of bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV)B Grummer
Institute of Virology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Hannover, Germany
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 49:298-303. 2002Based on their action in cell culture, two biotypes of bovine viral diarrhoea virus (BVDV) can be distinguished. The noncytopathic (ncp) BVDV isolated from persistently infected animals cause no visible damage to cultured bovine cells...
- Identification and Analysis of Flavivirus Protease and RNA Helicase InhibitorsRadhakrishnan Padmanabhan; Fiscal Year: 2009..recently reported crystal structures of YFV and DEN2 RNA helicases and those of hepatitis C virus and bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) RdRP for docking studies...
- Imino sugars for flavivirus infections of bioterrorTimothy M Block; Fiscal Year: 2010..These will first be tested for the ability to inhibit bovine viral diarrhea (BVDV) in yield reduction assays, since it shares the same step as other flaviviruses in the virus life cycle that is ..
- Novel agents against West Nile Virus infectionsKrzysztof Pankiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2003..and mycophenolic adenine dinucleotide (MAD) analogues showed activity against closely related Bovine Viral Diarrhea virus, novel compounds such as phosphonate analogues of MPA and analogues of mycophenolic adenine ..
- Antiviral agents for Flavivirus infections of bioterrorTimothy Block; Fiscal Year: 2003..potential are difficult or dangerous to grow in tissue culture, but the flavivirus family member bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV) is easily quantified in tissue culture, we have been using BVDV as a surrogate...
- Development of Novel Hepatits C Virus InhibitorsTODD PARSLEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..therapeutic index than the approved therapeutic ribavirin in in vitro assays using the HCV surrogate bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV)...
- Effect of Thiopurines on RNA Viruses/Hepatitis C VirusRobert Striker; Fiscal Year: 2005..We have determined conditions in which thiopurine nucleoside analogs inhibit a model Flaviviridae, Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus (BVDV), in cell culture without cytotoxicity...
- CRYOBARIC VIRAL INACTIVATION FOR IMMUNOGLOBULINFeng Tao; Fiscal Year: 2000..In the proposed research, we will add human immunodeficiency virus (HIV-1), bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV, a surrogate for hepatitis C virus), duck hepatitis B virus (a surrogate for human hepatitis B ..
- MUTATION 'REFRACTION' BROAD SPECTRUM ANTI-HEPATITIS DRUGTimothy Block; Fiscal Year: 2000..Studies to examine the frequency of spontaneously occurring glucosidase inhibitor mutants of bovine viral diarrhea virus, which will be used as a tissue culture model for HCV will also be performed...
- ANTI-VIRAL TREATMENT OF DEVELOPING BOVINE EMBRYOSMaurice Givens; Fiscal Year: 2002..produced bovine embryos are potential vectors for transmission of the ruminant pestivirus known as bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV)...
- Novel Class of Compounds for Treatment of HCV InfectionsKrzysztof Pankiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2003..During the course of our search for nucleosides that may inhibit replication of bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV), used as an HCV surrogate, we discovered potent inhibitory activity of 3-beta-D-ribofuranosyl-9,..
- Identification of novel antiviral targets using RNAiCATHERINE PACHUK; Fiscal Year: 2002..system, a DNA containing virus, human herpes simplex virus type I (HSV-1), and an RNA containing virus, bovine viral diarrhea virus (BVDV). BVDV is a tissue culture surrogate for hepatitis C virus...
- HCV Nonstructural Proteins and Host Protein SecretionKouacou Konan; Fiscal Year: 2006..Similar studies will be done with homologous proteins of BVDV, a flavivirus that can be conveniently and safely be grown in tissue culture...
- Modified nucleosides for Hepatitis C VirusLieven Stuyver; Fiscal Year: 2002..Phase 2 will include advanced toxicological and early human studies. ..
- SELECTIVE INHIBITION OF HCV TRANSLATION BY TETRAPEPTIDEALEXANDER BIRK; Fiscal Year: 2008..If DAPL or related analogues can be further developed to target and inhibit HCV RNA translation, the clinical application of this kind of therapeutics might be significant. ..
- Nanoarray-Type Detection of Oct3/4 and Cdx2 using AuNPs and E-beam PatternsJeong Yeol Yoon; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Conference--Drug development for Viral HepatitisCharles Rice; Fiscal Year: 2005..Support is requested to help defray the publications costs of the abstract book and for equipment used to facilitate delivery and display of the oral and poster presentations...
- HEPATITIS C VIRUS IN ETIOLOGY OF WA RHEUMATOID FACTORSVincent Agnello; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- EVOLUTION OF IMMUNE RECOGNITION AND EVASIONAustin L Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, by increasing our understanding of the population diversity and evolutionary history of human immune system genes, this research will enhance our knowledge of human immune function in health and disease. ..
- Development of Inhibitors Against HCV InfectionJoshua Ojwang; Fiscal Year: 2002..To overcome this difficulty, surrogate animal viruses are being used, including bovine viral diarrhea virus, yellow fever virus, dengue virus, and banzi virus...
- Extra-pulmonary pathology caused by avian H5N1 and recombinant H1N1-1918 influenzHelle Bielefeldt Ohmann; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Joint Risks of Hazadous Air Pollulants Among Childhood Cancer HistotypesJames Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will identify the areas of high risk and the associated HAPs exposures, information essential to elucidate the role of HAPs and to guide further study. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- New HCV isolates SBIRVICTOR BUCKWOLD; Fiscal Year: 2007..This would help expedite drug development for HCV, leading to improvements in Public Health. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ethnobotanical Anti-Respiratory Syncytial Virus DrugsJoshua Ojwang; Fiscal Year: 2003..proposed commercial application: not available ..
- Viruses And Cells Gordon ConferenceCharles Rice; Fiscal Year: 2005..Funding is requested to support the conference fees for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to this meeting. ..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF SINDBIS VIRUS REPLICATIONCharles Rice; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- The Role of Pesticide Dispersion Within Texas Watershed*James Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is anticipated that the results produced will provide the preliminary data needed to continue definitive investigations under the auspices of subsequent R01 funding. ..
- Gene Duplication and Genome EvolutionAustin Hughes; Fiscal Year: 2004..5) Examining the role of transposable elements in duplication of genomic segments by testing for nonrandom association between these elements and putatively duplicated blocks in the yeast genome. ..
- Small Molecules as Research Tools for HCV BiologyCharles Rice; Fiscal Year: 2004..compounds will be counter-screened against other members of the Flaviviridae family, including bovine viral diarrhea virus and yellow fever virus...
- Modeling GBV-B Replication in Immortalized Cell LinesVICTOR BUCKWOLD; Fiscal Year: 2003..This will facilitate the discovery and development of new anti-HCV drugs that may improve the quality of life for HCV-infected patients. ..
- IMMUNOTHERAPY PROTECTION & VACCINES FOR HEPATITIS CCharles Rice; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is believed that much of the information gained in these studies will be applicable to vaccine development for man. ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF A PREGNANCY ASSOCIATED PROTEINThomas Hansen; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Peptidomimetic Protease InhibitorsPatent Number: JP2004517047-A; Date:2004-06-10
- Replicons of pestiviruses that do not express c and or e1 proteinand infectious viral particles containing same, that can be used in vaccinesPatent Number: WO2004016794-A1; Date:2004-02-26
- Infectious pestivirus pseudo-particles containing functional erns, E1, E2 envelope proteinsPatent Number: EP1454981-A1; Date:2004-09-08
- A method of detecting and/or quantifying expression of a target protein candidate in a cell, and a method of identifying a target protein of a small molecule modulatorPatent Number: EP2280069-A1; Date:2011-02-02
- Safe mutant viral vaccinesPatent Number: WO2005021034-A2; Date:2005-03-10
- BVDV VACCINEPatent Number: WO2012038454-A1; Date:2012-03-29
- Infectious bovine viral diarrhea virus clonePatent Number: JP2005502361-A; Date:2005-01-27
- Replicons of pestiviruses that do not express C and or E1 protein and infectious viral particles containing same, that can be used inPatent Number: JP2005535338-A; Date:2005-11-24
- Peptidomimetic Protease InhibitorsPatent Number: JP2007284444-A; Date:2007-11-01
- A method of detecting and/or quantifying expression of a target protein candidate in a cell, and a method of identifying a target protein of a small molecule modulatorPatent Number: JP2013230154-A; Date:2013-11-14
- VACCINE AND DIAGNOSTIC DRUG OCCURRING FROM COW DIARRHOEA DISEASEPatent Number: JP1987069991-A; Date:1987-03-31
- A method of detecting and/or quantifying expression of a target protein candidate in a cell, and a method of identifying a target protein of a small molecule modulatorPatent Number: EP1905827-A; Date:2008-04-02
- A method of detecting and/or quantifying expression of a target protein candidate in a cell, and a method of identifying a target protein of a small molecule modulatorPatent Number: WO2008034622-A2; Date:2008-03-27
- Specific and sensitive nucleic acid detection methodPatent Number: WO9924606-A2; Date:1999-05-20
- Synthetic gene of bovine viral diarrhoea virusPatent Number: EP1026252-A1; Date:2000-08-09
- A method of detecting and/or quantifying expression of a target protein candidate in a cell, and a method of identifying a target protein of a small molecule modulatorPatent Number: JP2010504507-A; Date:2010-02-12
- Bvdv virus-like particlesPatent Number: EP1170367-A1; Date:2002-01-09
- Bvdv virus-like particlesPatent Number: WO0200881-A1; Date:2002-01-03
- Peptides or polypeptides of BVD and related virusesPatent Number: EP0518757-A1; Date:1992-12-16
- Viral nucleic acid microarray and method of usePatent Number: WO2007130519-A2; Date:2007-11-15
- Infectious bovine viral diarrhea virus clonePatent Number: WO03023041-A2; Date:2003-03-20
- Use of a pestivirus ns3-like protein for inducing cell apoptosisPatent Number: WO03099861-A1; Date:2003-12-04
- Process for finding oligonucleotide sequences for nucleic acid amplification methodsPatent Number: JP2001352993-A; Date:2001-12-25
- ATTENUATED FORMS OF BOVINE VIRAL DIARRHEA VIRUSPatent Number: JP2003259885-A; Date:2003-09-16
- Method for identifying cells suitable for large-scale production of recombinant proteinsPatent Number: WO2009114693-A1; Date:2009-09-17
- BVDV Virus-like ParticlesPatent Number: JP2004501644-A; Date:2004-01-22
- Procedure to detect a bovine viral diarrhoea virus infection, nucleotide sequence coding for a protein induced by infection with this virus and recombinant proteins and antigens resulting from samePatent Number: EP0518756-A1; Date:1992-12-16
- Detection of viable agentsPatent Number: EP1950313-A2; Date:2008-07-30
- Polynucleotide vaccine formula, particularly for treating Bovine respiratory diseasePatent Number: JP2000516200-A; Date:2000-12-05
- Attenuated bovine viral diarrhea virusPatent Number: JP2000139482-A; Date:2000-05-23
- Infectious bovine viral diarrhea virus clonePatent Number: JP2009291203-A; Date:2009-12-17
- Recombinant Swinepox VirusPatent Number: JP2007050001-A; Date:2007-03-01
- Recombinant Swinepox VirusPatent Number: JP2008148712-A; Date:2008-07-03
- Peptidomimetic Protease InhibitorsPatent Number: JP2011079835-A; Date:2011-04-21
- Methods for Identifying Cells Suitable for Large-Scale Production of Recombinant ProteinsPatent Number: JP2011512877-A; Date:2011-04-28
- Peptidomimetic Protease InhibitorsPatent Number: JP2012197289-A; Date:2012-10-18