Alias: Erythrina L.
Publications190 found, 100 shown here
- Characterization of glycans in the developmental stages of Myxobolus cerebralis (Myxozoa), the causative agent of whirling diseaseH Kaltner
Institute for Physiology, Physiological Chemistry and Animal Nutrition, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Fish Dis 30:637-47. 2007..Arachis hypogaea (peanut) agglutinin (PNA), Erythrina cristagalli agglutinin (ECA), GSA I, Sophora japonica agglutinin (SJA), Dolichos biflorus agglutinin (DBA) and ..
- Survey of glycoantigens in cells from alpha1-3galactosyltransferase knockout pig using a lectin microarrayShuji Miyagawa
Department of Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Xenotransplantation 17:61-70. 2010..This study reports on lectin blot analyses for endothelial cells (EC) and fibroblasts from GalT-KO pigs...
- Characterizing the glycocalyx of poultry spermatozoa: II. In vitro storage of Turkey semen and mobility phenotype affects the carbohydrate component of sperm membrane glycoconjugatesJesus Pelaez
Biotechnology and Germplasm Laboratory, Beltsville Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
J Androl 29:431-9. 2008..lectin [lotus] and Arachis hypogaea lectin [PNA]); and 4) no changes in MnFI during the 24-hour storage period (Erythrina cristagalli lectin [ECA], GS-II, Pisum sativum lectin [PSA], Glycine max lectin [SBA], and Wisteria floribunda ..
- Changes in glycan distribution within the porcine interhaemal barrier during gestationC J Jones
Department of Pathological Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
Cell Tissue Res 279:551-64. 1995..vulgaris (leukohaemagglutinin), Triticum vulgaris, Tetragonolobus purpureus, Ulex europaeus-1, Arachis hypogaea, Erythrina cristagalli, Glycine max, Maclura pomifera, Wisteria floribunda, Dolichos biflorus, Maackia amurensis, Sambucus ..
- Ethnobotanical survey and antibacterial activity of some plants used in Guinean traditional medicineF B Magassouba
Centre de Recherche et de Valorisation des Plantes Médicinales de Dubréka, BP 6411 Conakry, Guinea
J Ethnopharmacol 114:44-53. 2007..During these investigations, 218 plants were registered, of which the following were the most frequently used: Erythrina senegalensis, Bridelia ferruginea, Crossopteryx febrifuga, Ximenia americana, Annona senegalensis, Cochlospermum ..
- Non-experimental validation of ethnoveterinary plants and indigenous knowledge used for backyard pigs and chickens in Trinidad and TobagoC Lans
BCICS, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC V8W 3R4, Canada
Trop Anim Health Prod 39:375-85. 2007..Six plants are used for backyard pigs. Crushed leaves of immortelle (Erythrina pallida, E. micropteryx) are used to remove dead piglets from the uterus...
- Different antibacterial actions of isoflavones isolated from Erythrina poeppigiana against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusM Sato
Department of Oral Pathology, Asahi University School of Dentistry, Gifu, Japan
Lett Appl Microbiol 43:243-8. 2006To screen six isoflavones isolated from Erythrina poeppigiana (Leguminosae) for their antibacterial activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Isolation, purification, and physicochemical characterization of a D-galactose-binding lectin from seeds of Erythrina speciosaEmadeldin H E Konozy
Departamento de Biologia e Celular e Molecular e Bioagentes Patognicos, Faculdade de Medicina de Ribeirao Preto, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, CEP 14049 900, SP, Brazil
Arch Biochem Biophys 410:222-9. 2003A lectin was isolated from the saline extract of Erythrina speciosa seeds by affinity chromatography on lactose-Sepharose. The lectin content was about 265 mg/100g dry flour. E...
- Arg-27, Arg-127 and Arg-155 in the beta-trefoil protein barley alpha-amylase/subtilisin inhibitor are interface residues in the complex with barley alpha-amylase 2K W Rodenburg
Carlsberg Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochem J 309:969-76. 1995..BASI are at a distance from each other, as deduced from crystal structures of different beta-trefoil proteins (Erythrina caffra and soybean trypsin inhibitors, interleukin-1 alpha and -1 beta and WASI, the wheat homologue), ..
- RRNA and dnaK relationships of Bradyrhizobium sp. nodule bacteria from four papilionoid legume trees in Costa RicaMatthew A Parker
Department of Biological Sciences, State University of New York, Binghamton 13902, USA
Syst Appl Microbiol 27:334-42. 2004..retusa were highly similar or identical to Bradyrhizobium strains isolated from the legumes Erythrina and Clitoria (Papilionoideae tribe Phaseoleae) in Panama. rRNA sequences for five isolates from L...
- Specificity analysis of lectins and antibodies using remodeled glycoproteinsThomas Iskratsch
Department für Chemie, Universität für Bodenkultur, Muthgasse 18, A 1190 Wien, Austria
Anal Biochem 386:133-46. 2009..with glycosyltransferases and glycosidases for testing specificities of lectins from Aleuria aurantia (AAL), Erythrina cristagalli (ECL), Griffonia simplicifolia (GSL I-B(4)), Helix pomatia agglutinin (HPA), Lens culinaris (LCA), ..
- The glycosylation pattern of secretory granules in binucleate trophoblast cells is highly conserved in ruminantsK Klisch
School of Veterinary Medicine and Science, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, College Road, Sutton Bonington, Leicestershire, LE12 5RD, UK
Placenta 31:11-7. 2010..Treatment of slides with neuraminidase strongly intensified staining of Erythrina cristagalli lectin (ECA) to terminal lactosamine in all species studied; this was otherwise absent except in ..
- Nicotinic agonists, antagonists, and modulators from natural sourcesJohn W Daly
Laboratory of Bioorganic Chemistry, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cell Mol Neurobiol 25:513-52. 2005..2. Natural sources have also provided competitive nicotinic antagonists, such as the Erythrina alkaloids, the tubocurarines, and methyllycaconitine...
- Differential staining of Western blots of human secreted glycoproteins from serum, milk, saliva, and seminal fluid using lectins displaying diverse sugar specificitiesNechama Gilboa-Garber
Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Electrophoresis 26:4396-401. 2005..The lectins included galactophilic ones from Aplysia gonad, Erythrina corallodendron, Maclura pomifera (MPL), peanut, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA-IL); fucose-binding lectins from ..
- Nonlabeled quartz crystal microbalance biosensor for bacterial detection using carbohydrate and lectin recognitionsZhihong Shen
Department of Chemistry, Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan 48309, USA
Anal Chem 79:2312-9. 2007..Little nonspecific binding was observed for Staphylococcus aureus and other proteins (fetal bovine serum, Erythrina cristagalli lectin)...
- Lectin-affinity chromatography for downstream processing of MDCK cell culture derived human influenza A virusesLars Opitz
Bioprocess Engineering, Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Sandtorstr 1, 39106 Magdeburg, Germany
Vaccine 25:939-47. 2007..The most specific binding was achieved via the galactose specific Erythrina cristagalli and Euonymus europaeus lectins...
- Sialidase expression in activated human T lymphocytes influences production of IFN-gammaXinli Nan
Institute of Human Biology, and Department of Medicine, University of Maryland Medical Center, 725 West Lombard Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Leukoc Biol 81:284-96. 2007..isolated lymphocytes, activated cells expressed more surface binding sites for galactose-recognizing lectins Erythrina cristagalli (ECA) and Arachis hypogaea...
- Lectins in fish skin: do they play a role in host-monogenean interactions?K Buchmann
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg, Denamrk
J Helminthol 75:227-31. 2001..samples inhibited the binding of biotinylated lectins (from Canavalia ensiformis, Artocarpus integrifolia and Erythrina corallodendron, respectively) to microtitre plates with covalently bound carbohydrates (mannopyranoside, ..
- Phytodegradation potential of Erythrina crista-galli L., Fabaceae, in petroleum-contaminated soilVanessa de Farias
Department of Biology Science, Universidade Positivo, Prof Pedro Viriato Parigot de Souza Street, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 157:10-22. 2009This work aimed at investigating both the tolerance and the phytodegradation potential of Erythrina crista-galli L. in petroleum-contaminated soil. It consisted in analyzing E...
- Molecular determinants for competitive inhibition of alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptorsPatricio Iturriaga-Vásquez
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Chile, Las Palmeras 3425, Santiago, Chile
Mol Pharmacol 78:366-75. 2010The Erythrina alkaloids erysodine and dihydro-beta-erythroidine (DHbetaE) are potent and selective competitive inhibitors of alpha4beta2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs), but little is known about the molecular determinants of ..
- Biological activities of the chemical constituents of Erythrina stricta and Erythrina subumbransThitima Rukachaisirikul
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Ramkhamhaeng University, Bangkok, Thailand
Arch Pharm Res 30:1398-403. 2007Phytochemical investigation of the hexane and CH2Cl2 extracts of Erythrina stricta roots and E...
- In vitro xanthine oxidase inhibitory activity of the fractions of Erythrina stricta RoxbM Umamaheswari
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Sri Ramakrishna Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Coimbatore 641044, India
J Ethnopharmacol 124:646-8. 2009To assay the in vitro xanthine oxidase inhibitory activity of the various fractions of the hydromethanolic extract of the leaves of Erythrina stricta and to determine its enzyme inhibition mechanism.
- Pollen and stigma morphology of some Phaseoleae species (Leguminosae) with different pollinatorsJ P Basso-Alves
Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Instituto de Biologia, Campinas, Brazil
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 13:602-10. 2011..Species of the genera Erythrina, Macroptilium and Mucuna with different pollinators were chosen...
- Lectin histochemical studies on the olfactory epithelium and vomeronasal organ in the Japanese striped snake, Elaphe quadrivirgataDaisuke Kondoh
Laboratory of Veterinary Anatomy, Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, Morioka, Iwate 020 8550, Japan
J Morphol 271:1197-203. 2010..simplicifolia lectin-II (BSL-II), Dolichos biflorus agglutinin (DBA), Sophora japonica agglutinin (SJA), and Erythrina cristagalli lectin (ECL) stained secretory granules and the organelles in the olfactory supporting cells and did ..
- Purification and structure-function analysis of native, PNGase F-treated, and endo-beta-galactosidase-treated CHIP28 water channelsA N van Hoek
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Biochemistry 34:2212-9. 1995..sugar moiety, CHIP28 was enzymatically deglycosylated by PNGase F and purified by Q-Sepharose anion-exchange and Erythrina cristagalli lectin chromatography...
- Amino acid sequence, glycan structure, and proteolytic processing of the lectin of Vatairea macrocarpa seedsJ J Calvete
Institut für Reproduktionsmedizin, Tierarztliche Hochschule Hannover, Hannover Kirchrode, Germany
FEBS Lett 425:286-92. 1998..The primary structure of VML displays similarity with other leguminous lectins, particularly with Erythrina variegata, Robinia pseudoacacia and Sophora japonica lectins...
- Evidence of the mechanism of action of Erythrina velutina Willd (Fabaceae) leaves aqueous extractAna Carla C S Carvalho
Pharmacology Research Laboratory, Physiology Department, Federal University of Sergipe, Av Marechal Rondon, S N, Sao Cristovao, Sergipe, 49 100 000, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 122:374-8. 2009b>Erythrina velutina is traditionally used for sleepiness, convulsions and nervous system excitation in Brazil. Although central effects have been reported for Erythrina velutina, little is known about its mechanism of action.
- Biosynthesis of the cancer-related sialyl-alpha 2,6-lactosaminyl epitope in colon cancer cell lines expressing beta-galactoside alpha 2,6-sialyltransferase under a constitutive promoterF Dall'olio
Dipartimento di Patologia Sperimentale, Universita di Bologna, Italy
Eur J Biochem 268:5876-84. 2001..lactosaminic structures with SNA and anti-CDw75 Ig, and the presence of unsubstituted lactosaminic termini by Erythrina cristagalli lectin, we reached the following conclusions: (a) a high proportion of the cell surface lactosaminic ..
- Localization of carbohydrate terminals on Tetracapsuloides bryosalmonae using lectin histochemistry and immunogold electron microscopyD J Morris
Institute of Aquaculture, University of Stirling, Stirling, UK
J Fish Dis 27:37-45. 2004..The histochemical staining of Erythrina cristagalli ECL was unique and highlighted a different distribution of glycoconjugates in the periphery of some ..
- Propagation and conservation of native forest genetic resources of medicinal use by means of in vitro and ex vitro techniquesSandra Sharry
Centro Experimental de Propagación Vegetativa C E Pro Ve Facultad de Ciencias Agrarias y Forestales, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, CICPBA, Diagonal 113 No 469 1900 La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nat Prod Commun 6:985-8. 2011..This study included the following species which are widely used in folk medicine and its applications: Erythrina crista-galli or "seibo" (astringent, used for its cicatrizant properties and for bronchiolitic problems); Acacia ..
- Patents of drugs extracted from Brazilian medicinal plantsAracy P S Balbani
Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo State University, Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Department, Botucatu, Rua Capitao Lisboa, 715 cj 33, 18270 070, Tatui, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Expert Opin Ther Pat 19:461-73. 2009..Plants synthesise a vast repertoire of chemicals with various biological activities. Brazilian enormous botanical diversity facilitates the development of novel ethical drugs for the treatment of diseases in humans...
- Anticonvulsant activity of hydroalcoholic extracts from Erythrina velutina and Erythrina mulunguSilvania M M Vasconcelos
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Federal University of Ceara, Rua Cel Nunes de Melo 1127, CEP 60431 270, Fortaleza, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 110:271-4. 2007The anticonvulsant effects of hydroalcoholic extracts (HAEs) from the stem bark of Erythrina velutina and Erythrina mulungu on pentylenetetrazole (PTZ) and strychnine-induced seizure tests and the potentiation of pentobarbital-induced ..
- Ultrastructure and post-floral secretion of the pericarpial nectaries of Erythrina speciosa (Fabaceae)Elder Antonio Sousa Paiva
Departamento de Botanica, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Ann Bot 104:937-44. 2009..The present study aims to describe the anatomical organization and ultrastructure of the pericarpial nectaries (PNs) in Erythrina speciosa, a bird-pollinated species, discussing functional aspects of these unusual structures.
- Carbohydrate specificity and quaternary association in basic winged bean lectin: X-ray analysis of the lectin at 2.5 A resolutionM M Prabu
Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560 012, India
J Mol Biol 276:787-96. 1998..The lectin forms non-canonical dimers of the type found in Erythrina corallodendron lectin (EcorL) even though glycosylation, unlike in EcorL, does not prevent the formation of ..
- A glycoprotein modified with terminal N-acetylglucosamine and localized at the nuclear rim shows sequence similarity to aldose-1-epimerasesA Heese-Peck
Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824 1312, USA
Plant Cell 10:599-612. 1998..proteins generated glycoproteins with terminal galactosyl-beta-1, 4-GlcNAc and thus permitted their isolation by Erythrina crystagalli agglutinin affinity chromatography...
- Cytotoxicity induced by Erythrina variegata serine proteinase inhibitors in tumor hematopoietic stem cell linesH Ohba
Kyushu National Industrial Research Institute, Saga, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 62:1166-70. 1998Based on the soluble MTT tetrazolium/formazan assay, we evaluated the cytotoxicity of Erythrina variegata proteinase inhibitors in some tumor hematopoietic stem cell lines...
- Purification, crystallization and preliminary crystallographic study of a Kunitz-type trypsin inhibitor from Delonix regia seedsI Polikarpov
Laboratorio Nacional de Luz Sincrotron, Caixa Postal 6192, 13083 970 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 55:1611-3. 1999..95 A resolution. The structure has been solved by molecular replacement using the known structures of trypsin inhibitors from Erythrina caffra seeds (PDB code 1tie) and from soya beans (Glycine max; PDB code 1ba7) as search models.
- Role of neurotrophins and lectins in prevention of ototoxicityW Q Gao
Department of Neuroscience, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 884:312-27. 1999..When the other 21 lectins are examined, Erythrina cristagalli lectin and Detura stramonium lectin also show activity similar to Con A...
- Cytotoxic isoflavones from Erythrina indicaA E Nkengfack
Department of Organic Chemistry, Faculty of Science University of Yaounde I, PO Box 812 Yaounde, Cameroon
Phytochemistry 58:1113-20. 2001Bioassay-directed fractionation of the CH(2)Cl(2)-MeOH (1:1) extract of the stem bark of Erythrina indica, has resulted in the isolation of two new isoflavone derivatives named indicanines D and E together with 11 known compounds ..
- Differential staining of western blots of avian egg white glycoproteins using diverse lectinsBatia Lerrer
Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Electrophoresis 23:8-14. 2002..of a battery of lectins, including: the above two, several galactophilic lectins (from Aplysia gonad (AGL), Erythrina corallodendron (ECorL), peanut (PNA) and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (PA-IL)), and fucose-binding lectins (from Ulex ..
- Three isoflav-3-enes and a 2-arylbenzofuran from the root bark of Erythrina burttiiAbiy Yenesew
Department of Chemistry, University of Nairobi, PO Box 30197, Nairobi, Kenya
Phytochemistry 59:337-41. 2002From the root bark of Erythrina burttii three isoflav-3-enes, 7,4'-dihydroxy-2'-methoxy-6-(1",1"-dimethylallyl)isoflav-3-ene (trivial name, burttinol-A), 4'-hydroxy-2'-methoxy-2",2"-dimethylpyrano[5",6":8,7]..
- Three new prenylated isoflavonoids from the root bark of Erythrina vogeliiK K Atindehou
Planta Med 68:181-2. 2002Phytochemical investigation of the CH2Cl2 extract of Erythrina vogelii led to the isolation of five isoflavonoids. Three prenylated isoflavonoids are new natural compounds...
- Screening of some plants used in the Brazilian folk medicine for the treatment of infectious diseasesFabíola Barbieri Holetz
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Farmacêuticas, Universidade Estadual de Maringa, Maringa, PR, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 97:1027-31. 2002..Psidium guajava,Tanacetum vulgare, Arctium lappa, Mikania glomerata, Sambucus canadensis, Plantago major and Erythrina speciosa presented some degree of antibacterial activity...
- Erythrina poeppigiana-derived phytochemical exhibiting antimicrobial activity against Candida albicans and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusM Sato
Department of Oral Pathology, Asahi University School of Dentistry, Gifu, Japan
Lett Appl Microbiol 37:81-5. 2003To screen five phytochemicals isolated from Erythrina poeppigiana (Leguminosae) for antimicrobial activity against both Candida albicans and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Antibacterial property of isoflavonoids isolated from Erythrina variegata against cariogenic oral bacteriaM Sato
Department of Oral Pathology, Asahi University School of Dentistry, Gifu, Japan
Phytomedicine 10:427-33. 2003The antibacterial property of 7 compounds, isolated from Erythrina variegata (Leguminosae) by repeated silica gel column chromatography, against cariogenic oral bacteria was investigated...
- Differences in glycosylation of intracellular proteins between benign and malignant thyroid neoplasmsA Krzeslak
Department of Cytobiochemistry, University of Lodz, S Banacha 12 16, 90 237 Lodz, Poland
Cancer Lett 196:101-7. 2003..human thyroid neoplasms were analyzed by lectin blotting and enzyme linked lectino-solid-phase assay using Erythrina cristagalli and Ricinus communis agglutinins...
- Effect of supplementation of a basal diet of maize stover with Erythrina variegata, Gliricidia sepium or Leucaena leucocephala on feed intake and digestibility by goatsE M Aregheore
Animal Science Department, School of Agriculture, The University of the South Pacific, Private Mail Bag, Alafua Campus, Apia, Western Samoa
Trop Anim Health Prod 36:175-89. 2004..6 kg, 22-24 months old, were used to study the effect of supplementation of a basal diet of maize stover with Erythrina variegata (EV), Gliricidia sepium (GS) and Leucaena leucocephala (LL) on dry matter intake (DMI) and nutrient ..
- Traditional medicine in north Côte-d'Ivoire: screening of 50 medicinal plants for antibacterial activityW M Koné
Laboratoire de Botanique, UFR Biosciences, Universite de Cocody, Abidjan, Cote d Ivoire
J Ethnopharmacol 93:43-9. 2004..The most active was Erythrina senegalensis DC (Fabaceae) followed by Bobgunnia madagascariensis (Desv.) J.H. Kirkbr...
- Crystal structures of Erythrina cristagalli lectin with bound N-linked oligosaccharide and lactoseKathryn Turton
Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7AY, United Kingdom
Glycobiology 14:923-9. 2004b>Erythrina cristagalli lectin (ECL) is a galactose-specific legume lectin. Although its biological function in the legume is unknown, ECL exhibits hemagglutinating activity in vitro and is mitogenic for T lymphocytes...
- Central nervous system effects of the crude extract of Erythrina velutina on rodentsM C Dantas
Laboratorio de Neurofisiologia, Departamento de Fisiologia, Universidade Federal de Sergipe, São Cristovão SE 49100 000, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 94:129-33. 2004The aqueous extract (AE) of Erythrina velutina prolonged the sleep duration induced by sodium pentobarbital (control: 6.4 +/- 1.2 min; extract 10 mg/kg, 47.1 +/- 3.9 min; extract 100 mg/kg, 109.4 +/- 7.2 min; F = 243, P < 0.001)...
- Effect of glycosylation on the structure of Erythrina corallodendron lectinK A Kulkarni
Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
Proteins 56:821-7. 2004The three-dimensional structure of the recombinant form of Erythrina corallodendron lectin, complexed with lactose, has been elucidated by X-ray crystallography at 2.55 A resolution...
- The use of new probes and stains for improved assessment of cell viability and extracellular polymeric substances in Candida albicans biofilmsY Jin
Division of Oral Biosciences, Faculty Dentistry, The Prince Philip Dental Hospital, University of Hong Kong, 34 Hospital Road, SAR, China
Mycopathologia 159:353-60. 2005..We therefore assessed the utility of two different labeled lectins Erythrina cristagalli (ECA) and Canavalia ensiformis (ConA), for EPS visualization...
- Synthesis of the erythrina alkaloid 3-demethoxyerythratidinone. Novel acid-induced rearrangements of its precursorsQiu Wang
Department of Chemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Org Lett 8:601-4. 2006..During the course of the synthesis, several novel acid-induced rearrangement reactions were encountered...
- Four new isoflavonoids from the stem bark of Erythrina variegataLi Xiaoli
Department of Natural Products Chemistry, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:570-3. 2006Bioassay-directed fractionation of the stem bark extract of Erythrina variegata L...
- Application of an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the analysis of imidacloprid in wiliwili tree, Erythrina sandwicensis O. Deg, for control of the wasp Quadrastichus erythrinaeTing Xu
Department of Molecular Biosciences and Bioengineering, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
J Agric Food Chem 54:8444-9. 2006..high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) for the analysis of imidacloprid in the endemic wiliwili tree (Erythrina sandwicensis O. Deg) found in dryland forests and landscapes in Hawaii...
- Isoprenylated flavonoids from the stem bark of Erythrina abyssinicaLong Cui
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, 52 Eoun dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 806, Korea
J Nat Prod 70:1039-42. 2007..together with eight known flavanones (4-11) and two chalcones (12-13), were isolated from the stem bark of Erythrina abyssinica. Their structures were elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic and physicochemical analyses...
- Pterocarpans phaseollin and neorautenol isolated from Erythrina addisoniae induce apoptotic cell death accompanied by inhibition of ERK phosphorylationW Watjen
Heinrich Heine Universitat, Institute of Toxicology, 40001, Dusseldorf, Germany
Toxicology 242:71-9. 2007The genus Erythrina (Leguminosae), consisting of over 100 different species, is distributed in tropical regions. In traditional medicine, Erythrina species are used to treat cancer, but little is known about the anticancer mechanisms...
- In vitro antimalarial activity of prenylated flavonoids from Erythrina fuscaPranorm Khaomek
Faculty of Science, Rangsit University, Pathumthani, 12000, Thailand
J Nat Med 62:217-20. 2008Ethyl acetate (EtOAc) extract from the stem bark of Erythrina fusca showed a antimalarial activity against the multi-drug-resistant strain (K1) of Plasmodium falciparum, and six flavonoids, lupinifolin (1), citflavanone (2), ..
- Dormancy as exaptation to protect mimetic seeds against deterioration before dispersalPedro H S Brancalion
Escola Superior de Agricultura Luiz de Queiroz, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Avenida Pádua Dias 11, Piracicaba, Brazil
Ann Bot 105:991-8. 2010..The hypothesis that seed coat impermeability in many tropical Fabaceae with mimetic seeds serves as an exaptation to protect the seeds from deterioration and rotting while awaiting dispersal was investigated...
- Prenylated pterocarpans as bacterial neuraminidase inhibitorsPhi Hung Nguyen
BK21 Project Team, College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, 375 Seosuk dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju 501 759, Republic of Korea
Bioorg Med Chem 18:3335-44. 2010..and 13-15) pterocarpan derivatives were isolated as active principles from the EtOAc extract of the stem bark of Erythrina abyssinica. Their structures were identified by spectroscopic data analyses...
- Anticonvulsant profile of the alkaloids (+)-erythravine and (+)-11-α-hydroxy-erythravine isolated from the flowers of Erythrina mulungu Mart ex Benth (Leguminosae-Papilionaceae)Silmara Aparecida Faggion
Department of Biotechnology, University of Ribeirao Preto UNAERP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Epilepsy Behav 20:441-6. 2011..We isolated the alkaloids (+)-erythravine and (+)-11-α-hydroxy-erythravine from the flowers of Erythrina mulungu and evaluated the action of these compounds against chemically induced seizures in rats...
- Two new prenylflavanones from Erythrina sigmoideaMuhammad Shaiq Ali
H E J Research Institute of Chemistry, International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan
Nat Prod Commun 6:1099-102. 2011Two new prenylflavanones named sigmone and sigmotriol have been isolated from the stem bark of Erythrina sigmoidea along with two known constituents 8-(3"-methylbut-2"-enyl)-7,3',4'-trihydroxyflavanone and 7,3',4'-trihydroxyflavanone...
- Carbohydrate microarrays in 96-well polystyrene microtiter platesJean Philippe Ebran
CNRS UMR 8161, Universite Lille Nord de France, Institut Pasteur de Lille, IFR 142 Molecular and Cellular Medicine, Lille, France
Methods Mol Biol 808:377-91. 2012..Model interactions with a selection of lectins (concanavalin A, wheat germ agglutinin, Erythrina Cristagalli) display the efficiency of the immobilization method, its reproducibility and the specificity of ..
- Antiangiogenetic effects of anthranoids from Alternaria sp., an endophytic fungus in a Thai medicinal plant Erythrina variegataPhunlap Pompeng
Program in Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Phytomedicine 20:918-22. 2013..Using human umbilical vein endothelial cells as an in vitro model, the angiogenic effect of 2 was found to occur via suppression of all three main functions of endothelial cells, namely proliferation, tube formation and migration. ..
- In vivo and in vitro estrogenic activity of extracts from Erythrina poeppigiana (Fabaceae)Dieudonne Njamen
Department of AnimalBiology and Physiology, Faculty of Science, University of Yaounde 1, Yaounde, Cameroon
J Complement Integr Med 10:. 2013..b>Erythrina poeppigiana (Walp.) O.F...
- Histological and lectin histochemical studies on the olfactory and respiratory mucosae of the sheepDalia Ibrahim
United Graduate School of Veterinary Sciences, Gifu University, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 76:339-46. 2014..Soybean agglutinin (SBA), Bandeiraea simplicifolia lectin-I (BSL-I), Ricinus communis agglutinin-I (RCA-120), Erythrina cristagalli lectin (ECL), Concanavalin A (Con A), Phaseolus vulgaris agglutinin-E (PHA-E) and Phaseolus vulgaris ..
- Larvicidal, ovicidal, and adulticidal efficacy of Erythrina indica (Lam.) (Family: Fabaceae) against Anopheles stephensi, Aedes aegypti, and Culex quinquefasciatus (Diptera: Culicidae)Marimuthu Govindarajan
Unit of Vector Biology and Phytochemistry, Department of Zoology, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, 608 002, Tamil Nadu, India
Parasitol Res 113:777-91. 2014..of the crude hexane, benzene, chloroform, ethyl acetate, and methanol solvent extracts from the medicinal plant Erythrina indica against the medically important mosquito vectors, Anopheles stephensi, Aedes aegypti, and Culex ..
- Evaluation of seed extracts from plants found in the Caatinga biome for the control of Aedes aegyptiPatrícia Batista Barra Medeiros Barbosa
Postgraduate Biochemistry Program, Department of Biochemistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte UFRN, 3000 Avenida Senador Salgado Filho Ave, Lagoa Nova, Natal, RN, 59078 970, Brazil
Parasitol Res 113:3565-80. 2014..The extracts of Amburana cearenses, Piptadenia viridiflora, Erythrina velutina, Myracrodruon urundeuva and Schinopsis brasiliensis were also pupicides, while the extracts of P...
- Prenylated flavanone derivatives isolated from Erythrina addisoniae are potent inducers of apoptotic cell deathClaus M Passreiter
Institute of Pharmaceutical Biology and Biotechnology, Heinrich Heine University, Universitätsstraße 1, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Phytochemistry 117:237-44. 2015Extracts of Erythrina addisoniae are frequently used in the traditional medicine of Western Africa, but insufficient information about active compounds is available. From the stem bark of E...
- Erythrina excelsa exhibits estrogenic effects in vivo and in vitro and is cytotoxic on breast and colon cancer cell linesSadrine Tchoukouegno Ngueu
a Department of Molecular and Cellular Sports Medicine, German Sport University, Cologne, Germany
Pharm Biol 54:835-44. 2016..Eythrina excelsa Baker (Fabaceae) is a medicinal plant used to treat various ailments including those of the female genital tract...
- Oxidative Dearomatization of 4,5,6,7-Tetrahydro-1H-indoles Obtained by Metal- and Solvent-Free Thermal 5-endo-dig Cyclization: The Route to Erythrina and Lycorine AlkaloidsIvan A Andreev
Department of Chemistry, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Leninsky Gory 1 3, 119991, Moscow, Russia
Chemistry 22:7262-7. 2016..is demonstrated by the application of these products to the formal total syntheses of a whole pleiad of Erythrina- and Lycorine-type alkaloids, namely (±)-erysotramidine, (±)-erysotrine, (±)-erythravine, (±)-γ-lycorane, ..
- Polyphenols from Erythrina crista-galli: Structures, Molecular Docking and Phytoestrogenic ActivityNaglaa S Ashmawy
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo 11566, Egypt
Molecules 21:. 2016The current study aimed at exploring the secondary metabolites content of Erythrina crista-galli aqueous methanol extract and assessing its phytoestrogenic and cytoprotective activities.
- Metabolomics driven analysis of Erythrina lysistemon cell suspension culture in response to methyl jasmonate elicitationMohamed A Farag
Pharmacognosy Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Kasr El Einy Street, 11562 Cairo, Egypt
J Adv Res 7:681-9. 2016An MS-based metabolomic approach was used to profile the secondary metabolite of the ornamental plant Erythrina lysistemon via ultra-performance liquid chromatography coupled to photodiode array detection and high resolution q-TOF mass ..
- A cockspur for the DSS cells: Erythrina crista-galli sensitizersPaula Enciso
Laboratorio de Biomateriales, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de la Republica, Igua 4225, 11400 Montevideo, Uruguay
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 176:91-98. 2017..5 AM. Data reported herein prove that anthocyanins obtained from ceibo's flower, after simple further purification, might represent an excellent, cheap and clean alternative for the development of DSS cells...
- Effects of chronic treatment with a water-alcohol extract from Erythrina mulungu on anxiety-related responses in ratsGustavo Massaro Onusic
Laboratory of Psychopharmacology, FFCLRP, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Biol Pharm Bull 26:1538-42. 2003We investigated the effects of chronic oral treatment with a water-alcohol extract from the inflorescence of Erythrina mulungu (Leguminosae-Papilionaceae) (EM, 50, 100, 200 mg/kg) in rats submitted to different anxiety models: the ..
- Antibacterial properties of a new isoflavonoid from Erythrina poeppigiana against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusH Tanaka
Department of Natural Product Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Yagoto, Tempaku ku, Nagoya, Japan
Phytomedicine 11:331-7. 2004A new isoflavonoid, together with four known isoflavonoids, was isolated from the roots of Erythrina poeppigiana...
- Synergistic effects of mupirocin and an isoflavanone isolated from Erythrina variegata on growth and recovery of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusMasaru Sato
Department of Oral Pathology, Asahi University School of Dentistry, 1851 Hozumi, Mizuho, Gifu 501 0296, Japan
Int J Antimicrob Agents 24:241-6. 2004..bidwillon B) was isolated from Erythrina variegata and its antibacterial properties against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) were ..
- Antimicrobial and radical scavenging flavonoids from the stem wood of Erythrina latissimaMusa Chacha
Department of Chemistry, University of Botswana, Private Bag UB 00704, Gaborone, Botswana
Phytochemistry 66:99-104. 2005From the stem wood of Erythrina latissima, two isoflavones and a flavanone were isolated and characterized as 7,3'-dihydroxy-4'-methoxy-5'-(gamma,gamma-dimethylallyl)isoflavone (erylatissin A), 7,3'-dihydroxy-6'',6''-dimethyl-4'',5''-..
- The tidemark of the chondro-osseous junction of the normal human knee jointT J Lyons
Newcastle Department of Forensic Medicine, NSW, Australia
J Mol Histol 36:207-15. 2005..05 M or above. It stained with only four lectins, those from Datura stramonium, Maclura pomifera, Erythrina crystagalli and Helix pomatia, out of the 19 used...
- Metabolites from endophytes of the medicinal plant Erythrina crista-galliDaniela Weber
Institut für Biotechnologie und Wirkstoff Forschung, Kaiserslautern, Germany
Z Naturforsch C 60:467-77. 2005b>Erythrina crista-galli (Fabaceae) is used in Argentinean ethnopharmacology as anti-inflammatory medication, narcotic, desinfectant, and for the treatment of wounds. The common name of the tree is "ceibo" or coral tree...
- Kinetic stability plays a dominant role in the denaturant-induced unfolding of Erythrina indica lectinSujit Ghosh
Department of Chemistry, Presidency College, 86 1 College Street, Kolkata 700 073, India
Biochim Biophys Acta 1764:1021-8. 2006The urea-induced denaturation of dimeric Erythrina indica lectin (EIL) has been studied at pH 7.2 under equilibrium and kinetic conditions in the temperature range of 40-55 degrees C...
- Inhibition of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B by prenylated isoflavonoids isolated from the stem bark of Erythrina addisoniaeEun Young Bae
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon, Korea
Planta Med 72:945-8. 2006..A bioassay-guided phytochemical study of the EtOAc extract of the stem bark of Erythrina addisoniae (Leguminosae) resulted in the identification of a new PTP1B inhibitory compound, 5,2',4'-trihydroxy-6-..
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase-1B inhibitory activity of isoprenylated flavonoids isolated from Erythrina mildbraediiMinkyun Na
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, 52 Eoun dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 333, Korea
J Nat Prod 69:1572-6. 2006..Bioassay-guided fractionation of an EtOAc-soluble extract of the root bark of Erythrina mildbraedii, using an in vitro PTP1B inhibitory assay, resulted in the isolation of three new isoprenylated ..
- A comparative study of unfolding of Erythrina cristagalli Lectin in chemical denaturant and FluoroalcoholsDebasish Sen
Department of Chemistry, Presidency University, Kolkata, India
Protein Pept Lett 21:80-9. 2014The unfolding of dimeric Erythrina cristagalli lectin (ECL) has been investigated and compared under different denaturing conditions in presence of chemical denaturant, guanidine hydrochloride (GdnHCl) and fluoroalcohols, ..
- Cloning, expression, and mutagenesis of trypsin inhibitor ETIb from Erythrina variegata seedsY Kouzuma
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 61:1041-3. 1997b>Erythrina variegata trypsin inhibitors designated ETIa and ETIb belong to the Kunitz family trypsin inhibitor, but ETIa is unique in its ability to inhibit tissue-type plasminogen activator, while ETIb is not...
- Kunitz-type soybean trypsin inhibitor revisited: refined structure of its complex with porcine trypsin reveals an insight into the interaction between a homologous inhibitor from Erythrina caffra and tissue-type plasminogen activatorH K Song
Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, Korea
J Mol Biol 275:347-63. 1998..Modeling studies on the complex between a homologous Kunitz-type trypsin inhibitor DE-3 from Erythrina caffra and the human tissue-type plasminogen activator reveal a new insight into the specific interactions which ..
- Characteristic changes in carbohydrate profile in the kidneys of hereditary nephrotic mice (ICGN strain)K Tamura
Department of Animal Sciences, Kyoto University, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 62:379-90. 2000..of Ricinus communis agglutinin-I, Phaseolus vulgaris agglutinin-E and -L, Lens culinaris agglutinin and Erythrina cristagalli agglutinin (ECL) in the glomeruli of homozygous ICGN mice were stronger than those of heterozygous ..
- Nutritive evaluation of the seed, germinated seed, and string bean of Erythrina americana and the detoxification of the material by boilingAngela Sotelo
Departamento de Farmacia, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico UNAM, Ciudad Universitaria, Mexico, D F, 04510, Mexico
J Agric Food Chem 51:2821-5. 2003The nutritive and toxicological values of the dry seeds, germinated seeds, and string beans of Erythrina americana were studied using raw and boiled samples...
- Anti-inflammatory activities of two flavanones, sigmoidin A and sigmoidin B, from Erythrina sigmoideaDieudonne Njamen
Laboratory of Animal Physiology, Department of Animal Biology and Physiology, Faculty of Science, University of Yaounde 1, Yaounde, Cameroon
Planta Med 70:104-7. 2004Two prenylated flavanones isolated from Erythrina sigmoidea Hua (sigmoidin A and sigmoidin B) were studied for their ability to inhibit the stable 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) free radical and arachidonic acid metabolism...
- Anti-nociceptive activity of the aqueous extract of Erythrina velutina leavesMurilo Marchioro
Laboratorio de Farmacologia, Departamento de Fisiologia, Universidade Federal de Sergipe, São Cristóvão SE, 49100 000, Brazil
Fitoterapia 76:637-42. 2005Anti-nociceptive and anti-oedematogenic effects of the aqueous extract from the leaves of Erythrina velutina were tested through experimental models of nociception in mice and paw oedema induced by carrageenin in rats...
- Inhibitory effect of 2-arylbenzofurans from Erythrina addisoniae on protein tyrosine phosphatase-1BMinkyun Na
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, 52 Eoun dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 333, Republic of Korea
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 17:3868-71. 2007Bioassay-guided fractionation of an EtOAc-soluble extract of the stem bark of Erythrina addisoniae (Leguminosae), using an in vitro PTP1B inhibitory assay, resulted in the isolation of three new (1-3) and three known (4-6) 2-..
- Purification of beta-galactosidase from Erythrina indica: involvement of tryptophan in active siteRakesh M Kestwal
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Pune, Pune 411007, Maharashtra, India
Biochim Biophys Acta 1770:1506-12. 2007beta-Galactosidase (EC: 220.127.116.11), one of the glycosidases detected in Erythrina indica seeds, was purified to 135 fold...
- Amino acid concentrations in the nectars of Southern African bird-pollinated flowers, especially aloe and erythrinaSusan W Nicolson
Department of Zoology and Entomology, University of Pretoria, Pretoria 0002, South Africa
J Chem Ecol 33:1707-20. 2007..Aloe marlothii and some Erythrina species were found to have high total amino acid concentrations, sometimes exceeding 100 mM...
- Prenylated flavonoids with PTP1B inhibitory activity from the root bark of Erythrina mildbraediiJunPil Jang
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Korea
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 56:85-8. 2008Phytochemical study on an EtOAc-soluble extract of the root bark of Erythrina mildbraedii resulted in the isolation of six prenylated flavonoids 1-6...
- Effects of a chitin binding vicilin from Erythrina velutina seeds on bean bruchid pests (Callosobruchus maculatus and Zabrotes subfasciatus)Fabiano M Teixeira
Laboratório de Química e Função de Proteínas Bioativas, Departamento de Bioquimica, Centro de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, RN, Brazil
Protein Pept Lett 15:270-4. 2008b>Erythrina velutina vicilin, EvV, is a dimeric glycoprotein with Mr of 124.6 kDa. EvV was tested for anti-insect activity against bean bruchid larvae. EvV had LD(50) of 0.10% and ED(50) of 0.14% for Z. subfasciatus and LD(50) of 0...
- Regulation and symbiotic significance of nodulation outer proteins secretion in Sinorhizobium fredii HH103Francisco Javier López-Baena
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
Microbiology 154:1825-36. 2008..Nops are beneficial in the symbiosis with Glycine max and Glycyrrhiza uralensis, and detrimental in the case of the tropical legume Erythrina variegata.
- 15-Lipoxygenase inhibitory effects of prenylated flavonoids from Erythrina senegalensisAdiaratou Togola
Section of Pharmacognosy, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Planta Med 75:1168-70. 2009..F) along with seven known prenylated flavonoids were isolated from the stem and root bark of the medicinal plant Erythrina senegalensis. The structures were elucidated by 1D and 2D NMR and MS...
- A new Erythrinan alkaloid from the seed of Erythrina addisoniaeLong Cui
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon, 305 806, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 32:325-8. 2009Phytochemical study on the EtOAc extract of the seed of Erythrina addisoniae (Leguminosae) resulted in the isolation of a new erythrinan alkaloid, erysovine-N-oxide (1), along with eight known alkaloids, erysosalvinone (2), erysodine (3),..
- Characterisation of N-glycans bound to IGFBP-3 in sera from healthy adultsRomana Masnikosa
INEP Institute for the Application of Nuclear Energy, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Biochimie 92:97-101. 2010..vulgaris leukoagglutinin), succinylated WGA (wheat germ agglutinin), ECL (Erythrina cristagalli lectin) and UEA (Ulex europaeus agglutinin)...
- Molecular design of N-linked tetravalent glycosides bearing N-acetylglucosamine, N,N'-diacetylchitobiose and N-acetyllactosamine: Analysis of cross-linking activities with WGA and ECA lectinsRyuichi Masaka
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Shizuoka University, Ohya 836, Suruga Ward, Shizuoka 422 8529, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 18:621-9. 2010..The interactions of wheat germ (Triticum vulgaris) agglutinin (WGA) and coral tree (Erythrina cristagalli) agglutinin (ECA) with a series of tetravalent glycosides and related compounds were studied using a ..
- Fuscacarpans A-C, new pterocarpans from the stems of Erythrina fuscaPhongsak Innok
Department of Chemistry and Center of Excellence for Innovation in Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Ramkhamhaeng University, Bangkok 10240, Thailand
Fitoterapia 81:518-23. 2010Chemical investigation of the stems of Erythrina fusca Lour...
- Metal-Catalyzed Asymmetric Arylation of Silyloxy DienesLei Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2004..The application of the proposed methodology in the synthesis of natural products is proposed. The potential targets include natural and unnatural amino acids, erythrina alkaloids and other synthetically important subunits.
- SYNTHESIS OF FUSED HETEROCYCLIC COMPOUNDSAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2002..which will provide access to the structural frameworks contained within the Amaryllidaceae, Aspidosperma, Erythrina, Pyrrolizidine, Quinolizidine, Sceletium and Vinca alkaloids...
- HETEROCYCLIC RING COMPOUNDS FOR ALKALOID SYNTHESISAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2007..which will provide access to the structural frameworks contained within the Amaryllidaceae, Aspidosperma, Erythrina, Sceletium, iboga, Ergot, Vinca and Strychnos alkaloids...
- SIGNAL SEQUENCE FOR PROTEIN EXPRESSION IN PICHIA PASTORISPatent Number: EP3027752-A2; Date:2016-06-08