Alias: Alcimandra, Aromadendron
Publications243 found, 100 shown here
- [Inhibitory effects of natural plant extracts on Verticillium albo-atrum]Shuhong Zhang
College of Horticulture, Shenyang Agricultural University, Shenyang 110161, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 17:1137-40. 2006..with an inhibitory rate more than 50%, among which, the inhibitory rate of Asarum sieboldii, Coptis chinensis, Magnolia officinalis, Acacia catechu, Sophora flavescens, Glycyrrhiza uralensis, Cnidium monnieri, Platycodon grandiflorum ..
- The role of natural products in the discovery of new drug candidates for the treatment of neurodegenerative disorders II: Alzheimer's diseaseMiguel Divino da Rocha
LFQM Laboratório de Fitoquímica e Química Medicinal, Instituto de Ciencias Exatas, Universidade Federal de Alfenas UNIFAL MG, 37130 000, Alfenas, MG, Brazil
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 10:251-70. 2011..Centella asiatica, Curcuma longa, Ginkgo biloba, Huperzia serrata, Lycoris radiate, Galanthus nivalis, Magnolia officinalis, Polygala tenuifolia, Salvia lavandulaefolia, Salvia miltiorrhiza, Coptis chinensis, Crocus sativus, ..
- Honokiol and magnolol increase the number of [3H] muscimol binding sites three-fold in rat forebrain membranes in vitro using a filtration assay, by allosterically increasing the affinities of low-affinity sitesR F Squires
Center for Neurochemistry, The Nathan Kline Institute for Psychiatric Research Orangeburg, NY 10962, USA
Neurochem Res 24:1593-602. 19991. The bark of the root and stem of various Magnolia species has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine to treat a variety of disorders including anxiety and nervous disturbances...
- Formulations of dietary supplements and herbal extracts for relaxation and anxiolytic action: RelarianBenjamin S Weeks
Department of Biology, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY 11530, USA
Med Sci Monit 15:RA256-62. 2009..Further, extracts of Magnolia and Phellondendron bark are mild sedatives...
- Mapping urban forest tree species using IKONOS imagery: preliminary resultsRuiliang Pu
Department of Geography, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, 33620, USA
Environ Monit Assess 172:199-214. 2011..consist of sand live oak (Quercus geminata), laurel oak (Quercus laurifolia), live oak (Quercus virginiana), magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora), pine (species group), palm (species group), camphor (Cinnamomum camphora), and red maple (..
- Effect of wood hardness and secondary compounds on feeding preference of Odontotermes formosanus (Isoptera: Termitidae)Boris Dodji Kasseney
Ministry of Agriculture Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology of Crop Pathogens and Insects, Institute of Insect Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310029, China
J Econ Entomol 104:862-7. 2011..Feeding preference was influenced by wood species and bait type. For solid wood, Magnolia denudata Desr (75%) and Elaeocarpus glabripetalus Merr (41%) were most preferred; for crude flour, E...
- Expression of floral MADS-box genes in basal angiosperms: implications for the evolution of floral regulatorsSangtae Kim
Department of Botany, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Plant J 43:724-44. 2005..and Illicium (Austrobaileyales), the successive sister groups to all other extant angiosperms, plus Magnolia and Asimina, members of the large magnoliid clade...
- Effects of food and gender on the pharmacokinetics of rhein and emodin in rats after oral dosing with Da-Cheng-Qi decoctionHanLin Gong
Department of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, People s Republic of China
Phytother Res 25:74-80. 2011..used to treat digestive diseases, is composed of dahuang (Rheum officinale Baill, Polygonaceae), houpu (Magnolia officinalis Rehd., Magnoliaceae), zhishi (Citrus aurantium L, Rutaceae) and mangxiao (sodium sulphate)...
- KIOM-79 inhibits LPS-induced iNOS gene expression by blocking NF-kappaB/Rel and p38 kinase activation in murine macrophagesYoung Jin Jeon
College of Medicine, Chosun University, 375 Susukdong, Kwangju 501 709, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 108:38-45. 2006We demonstrate that KIOM-79, combined extracts obtained from Magnolia officinalis, Pueraria lobata, Glycyrrhiza uralensis, and Euphorbia pekinensis, inhibits LPS-induced expression of iNOS gene in RAW 264.7 cells. Treatment of RAW 264...
- KIOM-79 inhibits high glucose or AGEs-induced VEGF expression in human retinal pigment epithelial cellsYoung Sook Kim
Department of Herbal Pharmaceutical Development, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, 461 24 Jeonmin dong, Yuseng gu, Daejeon 305 811, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 112:166-72. 2007We evaluated whether KIOM-79, a mixture of extracts obtained from Puerariae lobata, Magnolia officinalis, Glycyrrhiza uralensis and Euphorbia pekinensis, could inhibit vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression in human retinal ..
- Interactions of Magnolia and Ziziphus extracts with selected central nervous system receptorsUwe Koetter
Dr Koetter Consulting, Kirchhalde 19, Uttwil 8592, Switzerland
J Ethnopharmacol 124:421-5. 2009b>Magnolia officinalis Rehder and Wilson [Magnoliaceae] bark and Ziziphus spinosa (Buhge) Hu ex. Chen. [Fam. Rhamnaceae] seed have a history of use in traditional Asian medicine for mild anxiety, nervousness and sleep-related problems.
- Effect of a sugar-free chewing gum containing magnolia bark extract on different variables related to caries and gingivitis: a randomized controlled intervention trialG Campus
Dental Institutet, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Caries Res 45:393-9. 2011The effect of magnolia bark extract (MBE) on different variables related to caries and gingivitis administered daily through a sugar-free chewing gum was evaluated...
- A pilot study of banxia houpu tang, a traditional Chinese medicine, for reducing pneumonia risk in older adults with dementiaKoh Iwasaki
Center for Asian Traditional Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:2035-40. 2007To evaluate whether the traditional Chinese herbal medicine banxia houpu tang (BHT, formula magnolia et pinelliae) prevents aspiration pneumonia and pneumonia-related mortality in elderly people.
- Dibenzocyclooctadiene lignans from Magnolia and Talauma (Magnoliaceae): their absolute configuration ascertained by circular dichroism and X-ray crystallography and re-evaluation of previously published pyramidatin structuresWolfgang Schühly
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmacognosy, University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Phytochemistry 71:1787-95. 2010..with Machilin G, were isolated from the dichloromethane extracts of aerial material of Talauma gloriensis, Magnolia fraseri, and Magnolia pyramidata (Magnoliaceae)...
- Antiallergic action of Magnolia officinalis on immediate hypersensitivity reactionT Y Shin
College of Pharmacy, Woosuk University, Chonju, Chonbuk, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 24:249-55. 2001We studied the effect of aqueous extract of Magnolia officinalis bark (Magnoliaceae) (MOAE) on the immediate hypersensitivity reaction. MOAE (0.01 to 1 g/kg) dose-dependently inhibited compound 48/80 induced systemic anaphylaxis in rats...
- [Repellent and antifeedant effect of secondary metabolites of non-host plants on Plutella xylostella]Hui Wei
Institute of Plant Protection, Fujian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Fuzhou 350013, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 15:473-6. 2004..Exts) of Bauhinia variegata, Eucalyptus tereticornis, Euphorbia hirta, Duranta repens, Zanthoxylum bungeanum, Magnolia grandiflora, and Nicotiana tabacum were applied respectively, the oviposition repellent rates were all over 80...
- Intraspecific sequence variation of chloroplast DNA among the component species of deciduous broad-leaved forests in JapanTakaya Iwasaki
Makino Herbarium, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 1 1 Minami Osawa, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
J Plant Res 119:539-52. 2006..00083), C. laxiflora (pi=0.00221), Magnolia obovata (pi=0.00134), Lindera triloba (pi=0.00255), L. obtusiloba (pi=0.00289), Pourthiaea villosa var...
- The use of long-chain plant polyprenols as a means to modify the biological properties of new biodegradable polyurethane scaffolds for tissue engineering. A pilot studyKrystyna Walinska
Department of Biology, Institute of Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences, University of Zielona Gora, ul prof Z Szafrana 1, Zielona Gora 65 516, Poland
J Mater Sci Mater Med 19:129-35. 2008..The polyprenol was isolated from leaves of Magnolia cobus and was a mixture of prenol-10 and prenol-11...
- The outer integument and funicular outgrowth complex in the ovule of Magnolia grandiflora (Magnoliaceae)Toshihiro Yamada
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
J Plant Res 116:189-98. 2003The development of the outer integument and funicular outgrowth in the ovule of Magnolia grandiflora was examined by microtomy and scanning electron microscopy to reveal the morphology and evolution of the outer integument, a novel ..
- Induction of heme oxygenase-1 by plant extract KIOM-79 via Akt pathway and NF-E2 related factor 2 in pancreatic beta-cellsKyoung Ah Kang
College of Medicine, Cheju National University, Jeju Si, Korea
J Toxicol Environ Health A 71:1392-9. 2008..A mixture of plant extracts (KIOM-79) was obtained from Magnolia officinalis, Pueraria lobata, Glycyrrhiza uralensis, and Euphorbia pekinensis...
- Evaluation of sticky ovitraps for the surveillance of Aedes (Stegomyia) albopictus (Skuse) and the screening of oviposition attractants from organic infusionsL Y Zhang
Institute of Insect Resources, Huazhong Agricultural University, 1 Shizishan Road, Hongshang District, Wuhan, 430070, China
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 102:399-407. 2008..for infusions made from the leaves of the camphorwood tree, box, green bristle grass, Bermuda grass, lotus magnolia or bamboo. In terms of the attractancy of the sticky ovitraps to female Ae...
- Antidepressant-like effects of the mixture of honokiol and magnolol from the barks of Magnolia officinalis in stressed rodentsQun Xu
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Institute of Functional Biomolecules, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, PR China
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:715-25. 2008Honokiol and magnolol are the main constituents simultaneously identified in the barks of Magnolia officinalis, which have been used in traditional Chinese medicine to treat a variety of mental disorders including depression...
- Magnolol protects against cerebral ischaemic injury of rat heatstrokeC P Chang
Institute of Physiology, National Yang Ming University, School of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 30:387-92. 20031. Free radicals mediate cerebral ischaemic injury associated with heatstroke. Magnolol, an active component of Magnolia officinalis, is 1000-fold more potent than alpha-tocopherol in inhibiting lipid peroxidation in rat mitochondria...
- [Volatile oil of Magnolia biondii inhibits expressions of P-selectin protein in serum and renal tissue of rats with diabetic nephropathy]Xue Peng Sun
Department of Nephrology, The 6th People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200233, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 6:524-9. 2008To investigate the protection mechanism of volatile oil of Magnolia biondii Pamp...
- Antidepressant-like synergism of extracts from magnolia bark and ginger rhizome alone and in combination in miceLi Tao Yi
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, PR China
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 33:616-24. 2009b>Magnolia bark and ginger rhizome is a drug pair in many prescriptions for treatment of mental disorders in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)...
- Physiological characterization of spoilage strains of Zygosaccharomyces bailii and Zygosaccharomyces rouxii isolated from high sugar environmentsPatricia Martorell
Departamento de Biotecnologia, Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos CSIC, P O Box 73, E 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 114:234-42. 2007..bailii strains were abnormally able to grow at 37 degrees C. In all strains other than C. magnolia and C. halophila, cells were able to adapt to high levels of sugar...
- Growth stress controls negative gravitropism in woody plant stemsHiroyuki Yamamoto
School of Bio Agricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Chikusa, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Planta 216:280-92. 2002..Simulations of observed tree branch morphology of Magnolia kobus DC., Juniperus chinensis L., Abies saccharinensis Fr. Schum., and Prunus spachiana Kitamura f. spachiana cv...
- Cytoprotective effects of KIOM-79 on streptozotocin induced cell damage by inhibiting ERK and AP-1Kyoung Ah Kang
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine and Applied Radiological Science Research Institute, Cheju National University, Jeju Si, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 30:852-8. 2007..investigated the potential cytoprotective properties of a combination of plant extracts (KIOM-79) obtained from Magnolia officinalis, Pueraria lobata, Glycyrrhiza uralensis, and Euphorbia pekinensis, against the oxidative stresses ..
- Covariance of preference and performance on normal and novel hosts in a locally monophagous and locally polyphagous butterfly populationJ L Bossart
Department of Biology, The College of New Jersey, PO Box 7718, Ewing, NJ 08628 0718, USA
Oecologia 135:477-86. 2003..e., Liriodendron tulipifera and Magnolia virginiana) and a split-brood design to quantify relative performance of their progeny on each host...
- Combined administration of the mixture of honokiol and magnolol and ginger oil evokes antidepressant-like synergism in ratsLi Qin Qiang
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, People s Republic of China
Arch Pharm Res 32:1281-92. 2009b>Magnolia bark combined with ginger rhizome is a common drug pair in traditional Chinese prescriptions for the treatment of depression...
- Medicinal agents in the metabolic syndromeG Banos
Department of Biochemistry, National Institute of Cardiology Ignacio Chavez, Juan Badiano 1 Tlalpan México D F 14080 México
Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem 6:237-52. 2008..fish oils) or Vegetal: for example Digitalis pupurea, century-old cardiovascular medication as well as Magnolia officinalis; Spirulina maxima with beneficial effects as antioxidant and lipid-lowering agent, among others...
- Honokiol causes G0-G1 phase cell cycle arrest in human prostate cancer cells in association with suppression of retinoblastoma protein level/phosphorylation and inhibition of E2F1 transcriptional activityEun Ryeong Hahm
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 6:2686-95. 2007..to gain insights into the mechanism of cell cycle arrest caused by honokiol, a constituent of oriental herb Magnolia officinalis...
- Using a limited mapping strategy to identify major QTLs for resistance to grapevine powdery mildew (Erysiphe necator) and their use in marker-assisted breedingS Riaz
Department of Viticulture and Enology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Theor Appl Genet 122:1059-73. 2011..Three populations derived their resistance from Muscadinia rotundifolia 'Magnolia'...
- Obovatols, new chitin synthase 2 inhibitors of Saccharomyces cerevisiae from Magnolia obovataEui Il Hwang
Antibiotics Research Laboratory, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, PO Box 115, Yusung, Taejon 305 333, Korea
J Antimicrob Chemother 49:95-101. 2002..we have isolated a new type of chitin synthase 2 inhibitor, obovatol, which has a biphenol skeleton, from Magnolia obovata. Obovatol inhibited chitin synthase 2 activity of Saccharomyces cerevisiae with an IC(50) of 38 microM...
- Alkaloid and phenolic compounds of Galanthus caucasicus, Magnolia obovata, Cocculus laurifolius, and Veratrum lobelianum grown in GeorgiaDali M Tsakadze
Department of Chemistry, Iv Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Chavchavadze, Tbilisi, GA, USA
Mol Divers 9:41-4. 2005A collection of plants from the country of Georgia (Galanthus caucasicus, Magnolia obovata, Cocculus laurifolius, and Veratrum lobelianum) has been studied for their alkaloid content...
- Leaf phenology in relation to canopy closure in southern Appalachian treesOmar R Lopez
Department of Botany, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 USA
Am J Bot 95:1395-407. 2008..g., Aesculus flava, Carpinus caroliniana) broke bud an average of 24 d before late leafers (e.g., Magnolia fraseri, Nyssa sylvatica)...
- Liquid chromatography-atmospheric pressure chemical ionization tandem mass spectrometry for the simultaneous determination of dimethoxyaschantin, dimethylliroresinol, dimethylpinoresinol, epimagnolin A, fargesin and magnolin in rat plasmaJi Hyun Jeong
National Research Laboratory for Drug Metabolism and Bioanalysis, College of Pharmacy, Wonkwang University, Iksan 570 749, Korea
Biomed Chromatogr 25:879-89. 2011..dimethylpinoresinol, epimagnolin A, fargesin and magnolin, the pharmacologically active ingredients of Magnolia fargesii in rat plasma...
- Costunolide-induced apoptosis in human leukemia cells: involvement of c-jun N-terminal kinase activationJung Hye Choi
Department of Oriental Pharmaceutical Science, College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, Hoegi dong, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 32:1803-8. 2009The authors previously reported that costunolide, an active compound isolated from the stem bark of Magnolia sieboldii, induced apoptosis via reactive oxygen species (ROS) and Bcl-2-dependent mitochondrial permeability transition in human ..
- Effects of the extract of the bark of Magnolia obovata and its biphenolic constituents magnolol and honokiol on histamine release from peritoneal mast cells in ratsY Ikarashi
Department of Neuropsychopharmacology Tsumura, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Planta Med 67:709-13. 2001..This effect may be due mainly to the extract of the bark of Magnolia obovata (M. obovata), a constituent herb of saiboku-to...
- Orthogonal array design for antidepressant compatibility of polysaccharides from Banxia-Houpu decoction, a traditional Chinese herb prescription in the mouse models of depressionLi Tao Yi
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Arch Pharm Res 32:1417-23. 2009..of five herb polysaccharide fractions from Banxia-Houpu decoction, composed of rhizome pinelliae (PRP), magnolia bark (PMB), poria (PPO), ginger rhizome (PGR) and folium perillae (PFP) by a L(16)(2(5)) orthogonal array design ..
- [Quality assessment for Coptis chinensis planted with ecological techniques]Li Qun Wang
New Drugs Research and Development Center, Hubei Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Wuhan 430074, China
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 26:608-10. 2004..To evaluate the quality difference between Coptis chinensis planted with ecological techniques and shelf planted Coptis chinensis...
- Identification of a naturally occurring rexinoid, honokiol, that activates the retinoid X receptorHitoshi Kotani
Laboratory of Medicinal Resources, School of Pharmacy, Aichi Gakuin University, 1 100 Kusumoto cho, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8650, Japan
J Nat Prod 73:1332-6. 2010..of 86 crude drugs for retinoid X receptor (RXR) ligands demonstrated that the methanol extract of the bark of Magnolia obovata markedly activated the transcriptional activity of RXRalpha in luciferase reporter assays...
- Complete chloroplast genome sequence of Magnolia kwangsiensis (Magnoliaceae): implication for DNA barcoding and population geneticsDai Yong Kuang
Shenzhen Fairy Lake Botanical Garden, Guangdong, P R China
Genome 54:663-73. 2011..The plastome of Magnolia kwangsiensis Figlar & Noot...
- Chloroplast DNA sequence from a miocene Magnolia speciesE M Golenberg
Department of Botany and Plant Sciences, University of California, Riverside 92521
Nature 344:656-8. 1990..the amplification of an 820-base pair (bp) DNA fragment from the chloroplast gene rbcL from a fossil of the genus Magnolia, and its subsequent sequencing...
- Giant flowers of Southern magnolia are hydrated by the xylemTaylor S Feild
Department of Ecology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37919, USA
Plant Physiol 150:1587-97. 2009..We demonstrate that the water balance of Southern magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora) flowers is regulated in a manner opposite from that of previously examined flowers...
- Anxiolytic-like effects of obovatol isolated from Magnolia obovata: involvement of GABA/benzodiazepine receptors complexJeong Ju Seo
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, 361 763, South Korea
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:1363-9. 2007This experiment was performed to investigate whether obovatol isolated from the leaves of Magnolia obovata has anxiolytic-like effects through GABA-benzodiazepine-receptors Cl(-) channel activation...
- Effects of pollen shortage and self-pollination on seed production of an endangered tree, Magnolia stellataKimiko Hirayama
Kansai Research Center, Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute, Momoyama, Fushimi, Kyoto 612 0855, Japan
Ann Bot 95:1009-15. 2005..of pollen shortage and self-pollination on seed production were quantitatively examined in the natural pollination of an insect-pollinated, dichogamous, endangered tree, Magnolia stellata, which has a large, showy floral display.
- Honokiol, a phytochemical from Magnolia spp., inhibits breast cancer cell migration by targeting nitric oxide and cyclooxygenase-2Tripti Singh
Department of Dermatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Int J Oncol 38:769-76. 2011In the present study, we report the effects of honokiol, a phytochemical from Magnolia spp., on cancer cell migration capacity and the molecular mechanisms underlying these effects using breast cancer cell lines as an in vitro model...
- Protective effect of the ethanol extract of Magnolia officinalis and 4-O-methylhonokiol on scopolamine-induced memory impairment and the inhibition of acetylcholinesterase activityYong Kyung Lee
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, 12, Gaesin dong, Heungduk gu, Cheongju, Chungbuk, 361 763, Korea
J Nat Med 63:274-82. 2009Magnolol, honokiol, and obovatol are well-known bioactive constituents of the bark of Magnolia officinalis and have been used as traditional Chinese medicines for the treatment of neurosis, anxiety, and stroke...
- Magnolol and honokiol: inhibitors against mouse passive cutaneous anaphylaxis reaction and scratching behaviorsSang Jun Han
Department of Life and Nanopharmaceutical Sciences and Department of Pharmaceutical Science, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoegi, Dongdaemun ku, Seoul, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 30:2201-3. 2007The antiallergic effects of magnolol and honokiol, isolated from the bark of Magnolia obovata (family Magnoliaceae), were investigated both in vitro and in vivo...
- Apoptosis induced by Magnolia Grandiﬂora extract in chlorambucil-resistant B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia cellsGustavo Horacio Marin
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical, Faculty of Medical Sciences, National University of La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Cancer Res Ther 6:463-5. 2010..New pharmacological properties can be obtained from a great diversity botanical species. Among these products, Magnolia Grandiflora receives our attention since it mainly contains Honokiol which had demonstrated effect against B-CLL ..
- 5-lipoxygenase-inhibitory constituents from Schizandra fructus and Magnolia flosHyun Lim
College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chunchon, Korea
Phytother Res 23:1489-92. 2009In order to establish the antiallergic properties of Schisandra fructus and Magnolia flos, several compounds isolated from these plants were tested for 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX) inhibitory activity in vitro, for the first time...
- [Seed germinating characteristics of endangered plant Magnolia officinalis]Xiao Shu
Research Institute of Subtropical Forestry, Chinese Academy of Forestry, Fuyang 311400, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 35:419-22. 2010To find out the optimal condition for the germination and cultivation condition on Magnolia officinalis, and offer the basis for standardized culture of M. officinalis.
- Rapid biological synthesis of silver nanoparticles using plant leaf extractsJae Yong Song
Department of Chemical Engineering, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, Republic of Korea
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 32:79-84. 2009Five plant leaf extracts (Pine, Persimmon, Ginkgo, Magnolia and Platanus) were used and compared for their extracellular synthesis of metallic silver nanoparticles...
- Effect of a proprietary Magnolia and Phellodendron extract on stress levels in healthy women: a pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trialDouglas S Kalman
Director, Nutrition, Miami Research Associates, Miami, FL, USA
Nutr J 7:11. 2008..This study measured the effects of a proprietary blend of extracts of Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense (Relora) on anxiety, stress and sleep in healthy premenopausal women.
- Multiform biosynthetic pathway of syringyl lignin in angiospermsKazuchika Yamauchi
Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Planta 216:496-501. 2003..oleander ( Nerium indicum Mill.), magnolia ( Magnolia kobus DC.) and Arabidopsis thaliana (L.) Heynh...
- The sequence of the largest subunit of RNA polymerase II is a useful marker for inferring seed plant phylogenyJennifer Nickerson
Departement de Biologie, Université d Ottawa, 30 Marie Curie, Ottawa, Ont, Canada K1N 6N5
Mol Phylogenet Evol 31:403-15. 2004..angiosperms are a clade comprising Amborella as a sister group to all other angiosperms, followed by Nymphaea, Magnolia, Arabidopsis, and a monocot clade containing maize and rice...
- Phytophthora morindae, a new species causing black flag disease on noni (Morinda citrifolia L) in HawaiiScot C Nelson
University of Hawaii at Manoa, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources, Department of Plant and Environmental Protection Sciences, Cooperative Extension Service, 875 Komohana Street, Hilo, Hawaii 96720, USA
Mycologia 102:122-34. 2010..lesions on forest trees (beech, Fagus sylvatica) and foliar necrosis of ornamentals (rhododendron, pieris and magnolia) in the UK, and isolated in New Zealand from necrotic cherimoya shoots and fruits and soil...
- Annual and seasonal variation in the phyllosphere bacterial community associated with leaves of the southern Magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora)Colin R Jackson
Department of Biology, Shoemaker Hall, The University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677, USA
Microb Ecol 61:113-22. 2011..We sampled replicate leaves from a single magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora) tree in the winter of three consecutive years (2007-2009) as well as during four seasons ..
- Inhibition of urease by extracts derived from 15 Chinese medicinal herbsDa Hua Shi
School of Chemical Engineering, Huaihai Institute of Technology, Lianyungang, People s Republic of China
Pharm Biol 49:752-5. 2011..In China, a variety of Chinese medicinal herbs have been prescribed to attenuate or eradicate gastritis-like disorders. However, little is known about the urease inhibition of Chinese medicinal herbs...
- Magnolol ameliorates lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury in rats through PPAR-γ-dependent inhibition of NF-kB activationMing Hsien Lin
Division of Nuclear Medicine, Taipei City Hospital Zhongxiao Branch, Taipei, Taiwan Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, Program in Molecular Medicine, National Yang Ming University and Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Int Immunopharmacol 28:270-8. 2015..Magnolol extracted from Magnolia officinalis, has been reported to exhibit anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant activities...
- Honokiol improves learning and memory impairments induced by scopolamine in miceYan Fang Xian
School of Chinese Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong, China
Eur J Pharmacol 760:88-95. 2015Honokiol, a lignan isolated from the bark of Magnolia officinalis, has been reported to ameliorate the learning and memory impairments in senesed (SAMP8) mice...
- Cloning and sequence determination of the chloroplast psbA gene in Magnolia pyramidata (Magnoliales; Magnoliaceae)D V Jobes
Tulane University, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, New Orleans, LA 70118 5698, USA
DNA Seq 8:397-401. 1998The full length gene encoding the D1 protein of photosynthesis (psbA) has been cloned and sequenced from Magnolia pyramidata (Magnoliaceae)...
- Size distribution and genetic structure in relation to clonal growth within a population of Magnolia tomentosa Thunb. (Magnoliaceae)S Setsuko
Laboratory of Forest Ecology and Physiology, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, 464 8601, Japan
Mol Ecol 13:2645-53. 2004To establish a baseline for conservation of a threatened clonal tree, Magnolia tomentosa, we investigated size distribution and genetic structure within a population, using six microsatellite markers...
- Inhibitory effects of magnolol on voltage-gated Na+ and K+ channels of NG108-15 cellsChi Li Gong
Department of Physiology, China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
Eur J Pharmacol 682:73-8. 2012Magnolol, a polyphenolic compound isolated from Houpu, a Chinese herb from the bark of Magnolia officinalis, has been reported to have in vitro and in vivo neuroprotective effects...
- Honokiol analogs: a novel class of anticancer agents targeting cell signaling pathways and other bioactivitiesAnkit Kumar
Kharvel Subharti College of Pharmacy, Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, NH 58, Meerut Bypass Road, Meerut 250005, India
Future Med Chem 5:809-29. 2013Honokiol (3,5-di-(2-propenyl)-1,1-biphenyl-2,2-diol) is a natural bioactive neolignan isolated from the genus Magnolia. In recent studies, honokiol has been observed to have anti-angiogenic, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective ..
- A novel 9 × 9 map-based solvent selection strategy for targeted counter-current chromatography isolation of natural productsJunling Liang
Research Center of Siyuan Natural Pharmacy and Biotoxicology, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China Research and Development Center of Natural Medicine, Zhejiang Agriculture and Forest University, Lin an, Zhejiang Province 311300, China
J Chromatogr A 1400:27-39. 2015..and further confirmed by isolation of several targets including honokiol and magnolol from the extracts of Magnolia officinalis Rehd. Et Wils and tanshinone IIA from Salvia miltiorrhiza Bunge...
- Perioperative chemotherapy in muscle-invasive bladder cancer: overview and the unmet clinical need for alternative adjuvant therapy as studied in the MAGNOLIA trialMarc Colombel
Hopital Edouard Herriot, Lyon, France
Eur Urol 65:509-11. 2014..The MAGNOLIA study represents a unique opportunity to investigate the concept of immunotherapy in muscle-invasive bladder ..
- An advanced compiler designed for a VLIW DSP for sensors-based systemsXu Yang
School of Information and Electronics, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, China
Sensors (Basel) 12:4466-78. 2012..In this paper, we present an advanced compiler designed for a VLIW DSP named Magnolia, which will be used in sensor-based systems. This compiler is based on the Open64 compiler...
- Honokiol induces autophagic cell death in malignant glioma through reactive oxygen species-mediated regulation of the p53/PI3K/Akt/mTOR signaling pathwayChien Ju Lin
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 304:59-69. 2016Honokiol, an active constituent extracted from the bark of Magnolia officinalis, possesses anticancer effects. Apoptosis is classified as type I programmed cell death, while autophagy is type II programmed cell death...
- Multiple effects of Honokiol on the life cycle of hepatitis C virusKeng Hsin Lan
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Liver Int 32:989-97. 2012Honokiol, a small active molecular compound extracted from magnolia, has recently been shown to inhibit hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection in vitro.
- Anti-arthritic effects of magnolol in human interleukin 1β-stimulated fibroblast-like synoviocytes and in a rat arthritis modelJyh Horng Wang
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e31368. 2012..effects of magnolol (5,5'-Diallyl-biphenyl-2,2'-diol), the major bioactive component of the bark of Magnolia officinalis, by examining its inhibitory effects on inflammatory mediator secretion and the NF-κB and AP-1 ..
- Bioactive polar compounds from stem bark of Magnolia officinalisSheng xian Yu
Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing, PR China
Fitoterapia 83:356-61. 2012..together with nine known compounds, were isolated from the polar part of methanol extract of the stem bark of Magnolia officinalis. The structures of the new compounds were established on the basis of spectral analysis...
- Determination of honokiol and magnolol in cortex Magnoliae Officinalis by capillary electrophoresis with electrochemical detectionGang Chen
Department of Chemistry, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 41:1479-84. 2006..e. Magnolia Bark) for the first time...
- Ambrosia beetle (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) responses to volatile emissions associated with ethanol-injected Magnolia virginianaChristopher M Ranger
USDA Agricultural Research Service, Application Technology Research Unit, Horticultural Insects Research Laboratory, Wooster, OH 44691, USA
Environ Entomol 41:636-47. 2012..Traps baited with bolts prepared from Magnolia virginiana L. injected with ethanol caught five times more X. germanus than ethanol-baited traps...
- [Magnetic response of street tree leaves to particulate pollution in Shanghai]Qian Long
School of Resources and Environmental Science, East China Normal University, Shanghai 200062, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 33:4188-93. 2012..We recommend that Magnolia grandiflora, widely distributed in Shanghai, can be used for particulate pollution monitoring.
- Honokiol targets mitochondria to halt cancer progression and metastasisJing Pan
Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center and Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Mol Nutr Food Res 60:1383-95. 2016..Honokiol (HNK) is an important bioactive compound found in the bark of Magnolia tree, and has been shown to inhibit cancer growth and metastasis in many cell types in vitro and in animal models...
- Obovatol Induces Apoptosis in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Cells via C/EBP Homologous Protein ActivationHeejeong Kim
Department of East West Medical Science, Graduate School of East West Medical Science, Kyung Hee University, Yongin, 446 701, Korea
Phytother Res 30:1841-1847. 2016Although obovatol, a phenolic compound from the bark of Magnolia obovata, was known to have antioxidant, neuroprotective, antiinflammatory, antithrombotic and antitumour effects, its underlying antitumour mechanism is poorly understood so ..
- Phenotypic variation and diversity of Magnolia sprengeri Pamp. in native habitatM Yang
Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi, China
Genet Mol Res 14:6495-508. 2015The population of Magnolia sprengeri individuals deceased drastically in the late 20th century because of the widespread harvest for traditional Chinese medicinal recipes...
- Estimation of outcrossing rates at hierarchical levels of fruits, individuals, populations and species in Magnolia stellataI Tamaki
Laboratory of Forest Ecology and Physiology, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan
Heredity (Edinb) 102:381-8. 2009..To quantify this hierarchical variation, we examined outcrossing rates at the seed stage in five populations of Magnolia stellata, a self-compatible, insect-pollinated and protogynous tree species...
- Magnolol inhibits growth of gallbladder cancer cells through the p53 pathwayMaolan Li
Department of General Surgery, Xinhua Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong, University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Cancer Sci 106:1341-50. 2015Magnolol, the major active compound found in Magnolia officinalis has a wide range of clinical applications due to its anti-inflammation and anti-oxidation effects...
- Production of deoxyschizandrin and γ-schizandrin in shoot-differentiating and undifferentiating callus cultures of Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill. (Chinese magnolia vine)Agnieszka Szopa
Department of Pharmaceutical Botany, Jagiellonian University, Collegium Medicum, ul Medyczna 9, 30 688 Krakow, Poland
J Biotechnol 165:209-13. 2013..27 mg 100 g(-1) DW), but 3 times lower than in the fruits (66.50 mg 100 g(-1) DW). The obtained high amounts of deoxyschizandrin in the extracts of shoot-differentiating callus are of interest from the practical perspective...
- Developing a Media Moisture Threshold for Nurseries to Reduce Tree Stress and Ambrosia Beetle AttacksSteven D Frank
Department of Entomology, North Carolina State University, Campus Box 7613, Raleigh, NC 27695
Environ Entomol 45:1040-8. 2016..Flooded Cornus florida L., Cornus kousa Burg., and Magnolia grandiflora L. trees incurred more attacks than unflooded trees that were not attacked...
- Advances on Semisynthesis, Total Synthesis, and Structure-Activity Relationships of Honokiol and Magnolol DerivativesChun Yang
Research Institute of Pesticidal Design and Synthesis, Northwest A and F University, Yangling 712100, P R China
Mini Rev Med Chem 16:404-26. 2016Honokiol and magnolol (an isomer of honokiol) are small-molecule polyphenols isolated from the barks of Magnolia officinalis, which have been widely used in traditional Chinese and Japanese medicines...
- Structural modification of honokiol, a biphenyl occurring in Magnolia officinalis: the evaluation of honokiol analogues as inhibitors of angiogenesis and for their cytotoxicity and structure-activity relationshipLiang Ma
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Keyuan Road 4, Gaopeng Street, Chengdu 610041, China
J Med Chem 54:6469-81. 2011..The antiangiogenic effect and antiproliferative activity of these structurally modified honokiol analogues and derivatives have led to the establishment of a structure-activity relationship...
- Magnolol and honokiol account for the anti-spasmodic effect of Magnolia officinalis in isolated guinea pig ileumSunny Sun Kin Chan
School of Chinese Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, P R China
Planta Med 74:381-4. 2008b>Magnolia officinalis is a commonly used traditional Chinese medicine for treating gastrointestinal disorders. HPLC quantification analysis revealed that magnolol and honokiol were the most abundant constituents of M...
- The inhibitory effect of magnolol from Magnolia officinalis on glucosyltransferaseB B Huang
Key Laboratory of Oral Biomedical Engineering, School of Stomatology, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430079, China
Arch Oral Biol 51:899-905. 2006..In our previous studies, magnolol, a compound from Magnolia officinalis Rehder et Wilson (Magnoliaceae), was shown to possess a strong anti-GTF activity...
- Extracts of Magnolia Species-Induced Prevention of Diabetic Complications: A Brief ReviewXuezhong Zhao
Departments of Cardiology at the First Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun 130021, China
Int J Mol Sci 17:. 2016..Several studies have established the anti-inflammatory and oxidative roles of bioactive constituents in Magnolia bark, which has been widely used in the traditional herbal medicines in Chinese society...
- Honokiol suppresses renal cancer cells' metastasis via dual-blocking epithelial-mesenchymal transition and cancer stem cell properties through modulating miR-141/ZEB2 signalingWeidong Li
Department of Medical Oncology, Affiliated Cancer Hospital of Guangzhou Medical University, Cancer Center of Guangzhou Medical University CCGMU
Mol Cells 37:383-8. 2014..Honokiol, isolated from Magnolia spp. bark, has been shown to exhibit pleiotropic anticancer effects in many cancer types...
- Assessing the impact of the Japanese 2005 World Exposition Project on vascular plants' risk of extinctionHiroyuki Matsuda
Ocean Research Institute, The University of Tokyo, 1 15 1 Minamidai, Nakano Ku, Tokyo 164 8639, Japan
Chemosphere 53:325-36. 2003..Development will have a greater impact on threatened Salvia species than it will on star magnolia, Magnolia tomentosa, which has been conserved by changing the site plan.
- 4-O-Methylhonokiol attenuates memory impairment in presenilin 2 mutant mice through reduction of oxidative damage and inactivation of astrocytes and the ERK pathwayYoung Jung Lee
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk 361 763, Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 50:66-77. 2011..In this study, we show that oral treatment with 4-O-methylhonokiol, a novel compound isolated from Magnolia officinalis, for 3 months (1...
- Anti-tumor effect of honokiol alone and in combination with other anti-cancer agents in breast cancerHongyu Liu
Department of Oncology and Hematology, University Hospital Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 591:43-51. 2008Honokiol, an active component isolated and purified from Chinese traditional herb magnolia, was demonstrated to inhibit growth and induce apoptosis of different cancer cell lines such as human leukaemia, colon, and lung cancer cell lines; ..
- The effects of cleared larch canopy and nitrogen supply on gas exchange and leaf traits in deciduous broad-leaved tree seedlingsSatoshi Kitaoka
Forestry and Forest Products Research Institute, Toyohira, Sapporo, Japan
Tree Physiol 29:1503-11. 2009..The gap phase species Magnolia hyporeuca Siebold et Zucc. and the mid-late successional tree species Quercus mongolica Fischer ex Ledeb. var...
- Magnolol suppresses hypoxia-induced angiogenesis via inhibition of HIF-1α/VEGF signaling pathway in human bladder cancer cellsMeng Chuan Chen
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Pharmacol 85:1278-87. 2013..Magnolol isolated from Magnolia officinalis has been reported to exhibit an anticancer activity via elevation of apoptosis...
- Alleviation of kainic acid-induced brain barrier dysfunction by 4-o-methylhonokiol in in vitro and in vivo modelsJin Yi Han
Research Institute of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361 763, Republic of Korea
Biomed Res Int 2015:893163. 2015This experiment was designed to investigate whether 4-O-methylhonokiol (MH), a principal ingredient of Magnolia (M.) officinalis bark, alleviated acute intraperitoneal (i.p...
- Giovanni Alessandro Brambilla (1728-1800) and the Imperial Infantry Regiment #22 ("Lacy"). On occasion of the bicentennial of his deathK Holubar
Institute for the History of Medicine, University of Vienna, Austria
Wien Klin Wochenschr 112:776-80. 2000..died in Padua in late July 1800 (29th?), en route from his estate in Lombardy to Vienna, and the chiostro della magnolia in the Santo displays a memorial plaque commemorating his demise...
- Arabinogalactan proteins mark stigmatic receptivity in the protogynous flowers of Magnolia virginiana (Magnoliaceae)Juan M Losada
Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology, Harvard University, 26 Oxford Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138 USA Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University, 1300 Centre Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02131 USA
Am J Bot 101:1963-75. 2014..Here, the time during which a stigma is receptive is evaluated and related to the secretion of AGPs in Magnolia virginiana, a protogynous member of an early-divergent angiosperm clade (magnoliids) with a clearly discernible ..
- Separation and determination of honokiol and magnolol in herbal medicines by flow injection-capillary electrophoresisLihong Liu
Department of Chemistry, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou, 730000, China
Anal Bioanal Chem 384:1533-9. 2006A simple, rapid, and accurate method for the separation and determination of honokiol and magnolol in Magnolia officinalis and related herbal medicines was developed by combination of flow injection (FI) and capillary zone electrophoresis ..
- Volatile Compounds with Characteristic Odor of Essential Oil from Magnolia obovata Leaves by Hydrodistillation and Solvent-assisted Flavor EvaporationMitsuo Miyazawa
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Kinki University Kindai University
J Oleo Sci 64:999-1007. 2015The present study focuses on the volatile compounds with characteristic odor of essential oil from the leaves of Magnolia obovata by hydrodistillation (HD) and solvent-assisted flavor evaporation (SAFE) method...
- Magnolol Enhances Hippocampal Neurogenesis and Exerts Antidepressant-Like Effects in Olfactory Bulbectomized MiceNobuaki Matsui
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokushima Bunri University, 180 Nishihama bouji, Yamashiro cho, Tokushima, 770 8514, Japan
Phytother Res 30:1856-1861. 2016Magnolol is the main constituent of Magnolia bark and has been reported to exhibit antidepressant effects in rodent models...
- Conservation of the organization of the mitochondrial nad3 and rps12 genes in evolutionarily distant angiospermsG Perrotta
Dipartimento di Biologia Cellulare, Universita della Calabria, Arcavacata di Rende, Italy
Mol Gen Genet 251:326-37. 1996..nad3 and rps12 has been investigated in the mitochondrial genome of two dicotyledonous plants - Helianthus and Magnolia - and one monocotyledonous plant (Allium)...
- PROJECT INFORM - INFORMATION FOR RURAL MEDICINE PHASE 2MARY PUNG; Fiscal Year: 2001..This network links the offices of the Magnolia Coastlands Area Health Education Center (AHEC), Henderson Library of Georgia Southern University (GSU), the ..
- Project INFORMMARY PUNG; Fiscal Year: 2002..establishment of an electronic health care information and education network which will link the offices of the Magnolia Coastlands Area Health Education Center (AHEC), Henderson Library of Georgia Southern University (GSU), Memorial ..
- Anti-inflammatory actions of the natural plant product, HonokiolGAIL BISHOP; Fiscal Year: 2009Honokiol (HNK) is a natural extract of the leaves and root stems of the Magnolia plant that has long been used in traditional Asian medicine to treat thrombotic and gastrointestinal disorders...
- Prevention of Photocarcinogenesis by antioxidantSantosh Katiyar; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Prevention of UV-carcinogenesis by antioxidantSantosh Katiyar; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Proanthocyanidins: Novel Skin Cancer Preventive AgentSantosh Katiyar; Fiscal Year: 2006..Prevention of skin cancer risk will result to protect and prolong the human health and lives. ..
- Prevention of skin cancer by green tea polyphenolsSantosh Katiyar; Fiscal Year: 2009..Importantly, worldwide interest in green tea as a cancer chemopreventive agent for humans is increasing because it is non-toxic, affordable, popular beverage and is effective in a wide range of organs. ..