Alias: Lindera Thunb., 1783
Publications117 found, 100 shown here
- [Studies on constituents of the leaves of Lindera aggregata (Sims) Kosterm]C F Zhang
Department of TCM, Shengyang Pharmaceutical University, Shengyang 110015, Liaonin, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 26:765-7. 2001To study the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory constituents of the leaves of Lindera aggrega.
- Extracts of Lindera obtusiloba induce antifibrotic effects in hepatic stellate cells via suppression of a TGF-beta-mediated profibrotic gene expression patternMartin Ruehl
Department of Gastroenterology, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Nutr Biochem 20:597-606. 2009..In Korea, extracts prepared from Lindera obtusiloba are used for centuries for treatment of inflammation, improvement of blood circulation and prevention ..
- Simultaneous determination of four alkaloids in Lindera aggregata by ultra-high-pressure liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryZheng Han
Institute of Modern Chinese Medicine, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
J Chromatogr A 1212:76-81. 2008..with tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) was developed for simultaneous determination of four alkaloids in Lindera aggregata. The analysis was performed on an Acquity UPLC BEH C(18) column (50mmx2.1mm, 1...
- Inhibition of the human ether-a-go-go-related gene (HERG) K+ channels by Lindera erythrocarpaHee Kyung Hong
Department of Physiology, Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Kangwon National University College of Medicine, Chuncheon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 24:1089-98. 2009b>Lindera erythrocarpa Makino (Lauraceae) is used as a traditional medicine for analgesic, antidote, and antibacterial purposes and shows anti-tumor activity...
- Prolyl endopeptidase inhibitors from the roots of Lindera strychnifolia F. VillWataru Kobayashi
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:1049-52. 2002..search for bioactive constituents in medicinal plants, we studied the PEP inhibitory constituents of the roots of Lindera strychnifolia F...
- [GC-MS analysis and inhibitory activity of the essential oil extracted from the leaves of Lindera communis]D Yang
Department of Pharmacy, School of Life Sciences, Zhongzhan University, Guangzhou 510275
Zhong Yao Cai 22:128-31. 1999The essential oil isolated from the dried leaves of Lindera communis was analyzed by means of gas chromatography-mass(GC-MS) technique, the structures of 23 chemical components were identified from it in total, among these, (-)-..
- Seasonal changes in photosynthesis, nitrogen content and nitrogen partitioning in Lindera umbellata leaves grown in high or low irradianceYuko Yasumura
Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, 6 3 Aoba, Aramaki, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Tree Physiol 26:1315-23. 2006..before leaf maturation (spring) until death (autumn) in high- and low-light-exposed leaves of a deciduous shrub, Lindera umbellata var. membranacea (Maxim.) Momiyama growing in a natural forest in northeast Japan...
- Sesquiterpenes and alkaloids from Lindera chunii and their inhibitory activities against HIV-1 integraseChao Feng Zhang
Institute of Natural Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:1195-200. 2002..1), F (2) and G (3), and two new aporphine alkaloid lindechunines A (18) and B (20) were isolated from roots of Lindera chunii MERR...
- Phylogeny of Litsea and related genera (Laureae-Lauraceae) based on analysis of rpb2 gene sequencesIzu A Fijridiyanto
Department of Botany, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Kitashirakawa, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 850, Japan
J Plant Res 122:283-98. 2009..They were also shown to be sisters and closer to the genus Lindera than to the genus Litsea. Our results also revealed that the genus Lindera is not a monophyletic group.
- Cytoprotective effects of lindenenyl acetate isolated from Lindera strychnifolia on mouse hippocampal HT22 cellsBin Li
College of Pharmacy, Wonkwang University, Iksan 570 749, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 614:58-65. 2009..Lindenenyl acetate, isolated by bioassay-guided fractionation of the MeOH extract of the roots of Lindera strychnifolia, showed potent neuroprotective effects on glutamate-induced neurotoxicity by inducing the ..
- Protective effect of 70% ethanolic extract of Lindera obtusiloba Blume on tert-butyl hydroperoxide-induced oxidative hepatotoxicity in ratsChung Oui Hong
Division of Food Bioscience and Technology, College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, 1, 5 ga, Anam Dong, Sungbuk Ku, Seoul 136 701, South Korea
Food Chem Toxicol 53:214-20. 2013b>Lindera obtusiloba Blume, a native plant of East Asia, has traditionally been used as a folk medicine for liver disease. We studied the in vitro antioxidant and in vivo hepatoprotective activities of a 70% ethanolic extract of L...
- Memory enhancement by traditional Chinese medicine?I Chi Hung
a School of Pharmacy, China Medical University, Taichung, 40402, Taiwan
J Biomol Struct Dyn 31:1411-39. 2013..TCM ligands, 3-(2-carboxyphenyl)-4(3H)-quinazolinone from Isatisin digotica, (+)-N-methyllaurotetanine from Lindera aggregate, and (+)-1(R)-Coclaurine from Nelumbonucifera Gaertn, exhibited high binding affinities and good blood ..
- Sesquiterpene lactones from the roots of Lindera strychnifoliaQing Liu
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Heungduk gu, Cheongju, Republic of Korea
Phytochemistry 87:112-8. 2013Phytochemical investigation of the roots of Lindera strychnifolia resulted in the isolation of seven sesquiterpene lactones named linderolide G-M (1-7), together with twelve known sesquiterpenes...
- Population-specific responses to light influence herbivory in the understory shrub Lindera benzoinE H Mooney
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, 375 Church Street, North Adams, Massachusetts 01247, USA
Ecology 93:2683-92. 2012..variation in photosynthetic responses to light and its consequences for herbivory in the understory shrub, Lindera benzoin (Lauraceae)...
- An ethanolic extract of Lindera obtusiloba stems, YJP-14, improves endothelial dysfunction, metabolic parameters and physical performance in diabetic db/db miceJung Ok Lee
UMR CNRS 7213, Laboratoire de Biophotonique et Pharmacologie, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
PLoS ONE 8:e65227. 2013b>Lindera obtusiloba is a medicinal herb traditionally used in Asia for improvement of blood circulation, treatment of inflammation, and prevention of liver damage...
- Flavonoids from Lindera glauca Blume as low-density lipoprotein oxidation inhibitorsGyu Won Huh
a The Graduate School of Biotechnology, Institute of Life Sciences and Resources, Kyung Hee University, Yongin 446 701, Republic of Korea
Nat Prod Res 28:831-4. 2014In order to identify antioxidant flavonoids from Lindera glauca Blume, we performed phytochemical analysis of L...
- Bioactive lignan constituents from the twigs of Lindera glaucaKi Hyun Kim
Natural Products Laboratory, School of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 62:1136-40. 2014A bioassay-guided fractionation and chemical investigation of the MeOH extract from the twigs of Lindera glauca (SIEB. et ZUCC...
- Norisoboldine ameliorates collagen-induced arthritis through regulating the balance between Th17 and regulatory T cells in gut-associated lymphoid tissuesBei Tong
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Drug Discovery for Metabolic Diseases, Department of Pharmacology of Chinese Materia Medica, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tong Jia Xiang, Nanjing 210009, China
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 282:90-9. 2015Norisoboldine (NOR), the main active ingredient of the dry root of Lindera aggregata, was previously proven to have substantial therapeutic effects on collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) in mice by oral administration...
- Identification of plant compounds that disrupt the insect juvenile hormone receptor complexSeok Hee Lee
Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, College of Agriculture and Life Science, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:1733-8. 2015..We isolated five diterpene secondary metabolites with JH antagonist activity from two plants: Lindera erythrocarpa and Solidago serotina...
- Dicentrine Analogue-Induced G2/M Arrest and Apoptosis through Inhibition of Topoisomerase II Activity in Human Cancer CellsHuei Fang Lin
Institute of Pharmacology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Planta Med 81:830-7. 2015b>Lindera megaphylla has been traditionally used as an antineoplastic and wound healing remedy. We previously demonstrated the antitumor effects of D-dicentrine, a natural aporphine alkaloid from the root of L. megaphylla...
- Integrated transcriptome sequencing and dynamic analysis reveal carbon source partitioning between terpenoid and oil accumulation in developing Lindera glauca fruitsJun Niu
College of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, College of Nature Conservation, National Engineering Laboratory for Tree Breeding, Key Laboratory of Genetics and Breeding in Forest Trees and Ornamental Plants, Ministry of Education, Beijing Forestry University, Beijing 10083, China
Sci Rep 5:15017. 2015b>Lindera glauca fruits (LGF) with the abundance of terpenoid and oil has emerged as a novel specific material for industrial and medicinal application in China, but the complex regulatory mechanisms of carbon source partitioning into ..
- Isolinderalactone enhances the inhibition of SOCS3 on STAT3 activity by decreasing miR-30c in breast cancerMeng Chi Yen
Department of Emergency Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan, R O C
Oncol Rep 35:1356-64. 2016..Isolinderalactone, a kind of sesquiterpenoids compound, was purified from the root of Lindera strychnifolia and Neolitsea daibuensis and shows anti-inflammatory and anticancer capacity...
- Antidepressant-Like Effects of Lindera obtusiloba Extracts on the Immobility Behavior of Rats in the Forced Swim TestDong Wook Lim
Research Group of Innovative Special Food, Korea Food Research Institute, Seongnam 463 746, Korea
Molecules 21:277. 2016b>Lindera obtusiloba extracts are commonly used as an alternative medicine due to its numerous health benefits in Korea. However, the antidepressant-like effects of L. obtusiloba extracts have not been fully elucidated...
- Anti-neuroinflammatory and neuroprotective effects of the Lindera neesiana fruit in vitroLalita Subedi
Laboratoy of Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy and Gachon Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Gachon University, Incheon, 406 799, Republic of Korea
Phytomedicine 23:872-81. 2016b>Lindera neesiana Kurz (Lauraceae), popularly known as Siltimur in Nepal, is an aromatic and spicy plant with edible fruits...
- Antiplatelet and Antithrombotic Effects of the Extract of Lindera obtusiloba LeavesJun Ho Kim
Research and Development Center, Han Wha Pharma Co, Ltd, Chuncheon 24468, Republic of Korea
Biomol Ther (Seoul) 24:659-664. 2016i>Lindera obtusiloba has been used in traditional herbal medicine for the treatment of blood stasis and inflammation. The leaves of Lindera obtusiloba have been reported to exhibit various physiological activities...
- Effects of Linderae radix extracts on a rat model of alcoholic liver injuryJun Wei Wang
Emergency Department, People s Hospital of Tiantai County, Tiantai, Zhejiang 317200, P R China
Exp Ther Med 11:2185-2192. 2016Traditional treatments have a poor effect on alcoholic liver diseases. Linderae radix (LR), the dried root of Lindera aggregata (Sims) Kosterm...
- Kampo Medicine: Evaluation of the Pharmacological Activity of 121 Herbal Drugs on GABAA and 5-HT3A ReceptorsKatrin M Hoffmann
Department of Cell Physiology, Ruhr University Bochum Bochum, Germany
Front Pharmacol 7:219. 2016..The tinctures of Lindera aggregata (radix) and Leonurus japonicus (herba) were the most effective inhibitory compounds on the 5-HT3A ..
- De novo assembly and characterization of the floral transcriptome of an economically important tree species, Lindera glauca (Lauraceae), including the development of EST-SSR markers for population geneticsShanshan Zhu
Key Laboratory of Conservation Biology for Endangered Wildlife of the Ministry of Education, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, 310058, China
Mol Biol Rep 43:1243-1250. 2016b>Lindera glauca (Lauraceae) is an economically important East Asian forest tree characterized by a dioecy in China and apomixis in Japan...
- Sesquiterpenes from the roots of Lindera strychnifolia with inhibitory effects on nitric oxide production in RAW 264.7 cellsQing Liu
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Chungdae ro, Seowon gu, Cheongju 28644, Republic of Korea
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 26:4950-4954. 2016Seven new sesquiterpenes, linderolides N-T (1-7), along with nine known compounds, were isolated from roots of Lindera strychnifolia (Lauraceae). Their structures were established by extensive spectroscopic analysis...
- Absolute Configuration of Menthene Derivatives by Vibrational Circular DichroismJulio C Pardo-Novoa
Instituto de Investigaciones Quimico Biologicas, Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolas de Hidalgo, Ciudad Universitaria, Morelia, Michoacan 58030, Mexico
J Nat Prod 79:2570-2579. 2016..sagitta, and Lindera strychnifolia, as well as of 11 from Cacalia tangutica, as ent-11.
- A new phenolic glycoside from Lindera nacusuaJie Ping Lei
a School of Life Science and Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, P R China
Nat Prod Res 31:896-901. 2017The present study was designed to investigate the chemical constituents of Lindera nacusua and their antitumor activities...
- The absorption enhancement of norisoboldine in the duodenum of adjuvant-induced arthritis rats involves the impairment of P-glycoproteinCong Duan
Department of Chinese Materia Medica Analysis, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tong Jia Xiang, Nanjing, 210009, China
Biopharm Drug Dispos 38:75-83. 2017b>Lindera aggregata (Sims) Kosterm root has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for the treatment of rheumatism palsy, dyspepsia and frequent urination for a long time...
- Flavonoids and linderone from Lindera oxyphylla and their bioactivitiesMasoumeh Hosseinzadeh
Centre for Natural Products and Drug Discovery, Block D, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Comb Chem High Throughput Screen 16:160-6. 2013..4-dienone (5), together with three known flavonoids (1-3) and one linderone (4), were isolated from the bark of Lindera oxyphylla. Extensive spectroscopic analysis including 1D and 2D-NMR spectra determined their sturctures...
- Lucidone from Lindera erythrocarpa Makino fruits suppresses adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells and attenuates obesity and consequent metabolic disorders in high-fat diet C57BL/6 miceYu Hsin Hsieh
Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences Program, Taiwan International Graduate Program, National Chung Hsing University and Academia Sinica, Taiwan
Phytomedicine 20:394-400. 2013..These results provide evidence that dietary intake of lucidone alleviates high fat diet-induced obesity in C57BL/6 mice and reveals the potential of lucidone as a nutraceutical to prevent obesity and consequent metabolic disorders...
- Separation of the antioxidant compound quercitrin from Lindera obtusiloba Blume and its antimelanogenic effect on B16F10 melanoma cellsChung Oui Hong
Division of Food Bioscience and Technology, College of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 77:58-64. 2013..antioxidant compounds in plant extracts, the objectives of this study were to identify antioxidant compounds in Lindera obtusiloba Blume (Lauraceae) and to evaluate their antimelanogenic activities on B16F10 melanoma cells...
- [Effects of nitrogen deposition on leaf physiological and ecological characteristics of Lindera aggregata seedlings]Qiang Wang
College of Life and Environmental Sciences, Shanghai Normal University, Shanghai 200030, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 23:2766-72. 2012..to explore the effects of nitrogen deposition on the leaf physiological and ecological characteristics of Lindera aggregate seedlings. Three levels of NH4NO3, i. e...
- Kuromoji (Lindera umbellata) essential oil inhibits LPS-induced inflammation in RAW 264.7 cellsHayato Maeda
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Science, Hirosaki University, Aomori, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 77:482-6. 2013Kuromoji (Lindera umbellata) essential oil (KEO) has long been used in Japan as a traditional medicine. It contains linalool (C10H18O), a naturally occurring small terpenoid...
- Phenolic glycosides from Lindera obtusiloba and their anti-allergic inflammatory activitiesHyun Gyu Choi
College of Pharmacy, Yeungnam University, Gyungsan, Gyungbuk 712 749, Korea
Nat Prod Commun 8:181-2. 2013..C (6a) and salidroside (6b), and 6-hydroxyphenyl)-1-O-beta-D-glucopyranoside (7) were isolated from the stems of Lindera obtusiloba Blume...
- Norisoboldine suppresses osteoclast differentiation through preventing the accumulation of TRAF6-TAK1 complexes and activation of MAPKs/NF-κB/c-Fos/NFATc1 PathwaysZhi Feng Wei
State Key Laboratory of Natural Medicines, Department of Pharmacology of Chinese Materia Medica, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e59171. 2013Norisoboldine (NOR) is the main alkaloid constituent in the dry root of Lindera aggregata (Sims) Kosterm. (L. strychnifolia Vill.)...
- Configurational assignments of conformationally restricted bis-monoterpene hydroquinones: utility in exploration of endangered plantsJoonseok Oh
Department of Pharmacognosy, The University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1830:4229-34. 2013Endangered plant species are an important resource for new chemistry. Lindera melissifolia is native to the Southeastern U.S. and scarcely populates the edges of lakes and ponds...
- Lucidone protects human skin keratinocytes against free radical-induced oxidative damage and inflammation through the up-regulation of HO-1/Nrf2 antioxidant genes and down-regulation of NF-κB signaling pathwayK J Senthil Kumar
Department of Cosmeceutics, College of Pharmacy, China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
Food Chem Toxicol 59:55-66. 2013..the protective effects of lucidone, a naturally occurring cyclopentenedione isolated from the fruits of Lindera erythrocarpa Makino, against free-radical and inflammation stimulator 2,2'-azobis (2-amidinopropane) ..
- Neuroprotective effect of methyl lucidone against microglia-mediated neurotoxicityYanji Cui
Department of Physiology, Jeju national University School of Medicine, 66 Jejudaehakno, Jeju Si, Jeju do 690 756, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 690:4-12. 2012..The microglial regulatory mechanism of methyl lucidone, a cyclopentenedione isolated from the stem bark of Lindera erythrocarpa Makino, was investigated in the present study. Methyl lucidone treatment (0...
- In silico prediction of the cosmetic whitening effects of naturally occurring lead compoundsPedro Fong
School of Health Sciences, Macao Polytechnic Institute, Macao, 999078, China
Nat Prod Commun 7:1287-94. 2012..of the naturally occurring lead compounds in three commonly used skin-whitening herbs: Ampelopsis japonica, Lindera aggregata, and Ginkgo biloba...
- Lucidone suppresses hepatitis C virus replication by Nrf2-mediated heme oxygenase-1 inductionWei Chun Chen
Department of Biotechnology, College of Life Science, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 57:1180-91. 2013..C virus (HCV) in the replicon system, we demonstrate that lucidone, a phytocompound, isolated from the fruits of Lindera erythrocarpa Makino, significantly suppressed HCV RNA levels with 50% effective concentrations of 15 ± 0...
- Screening of 42 medicinal plants for in vivo anthelmintic activity against Dactylogyrus intermedius (Monogenea) in goldfish (Carassius auratus)Jie Ji
Northwest A and F University, Xinong Road 22nd, Yangling, Shaanxi, 712100, China
Parasitol Res 111:97-104. 2012..Cinnamomum cassia, Lindera aggregata, and Pseudolarix kaempferi exhibited 100% activity and were selected for further evaluation by applying ..
- PhytoBeta imager: a positron imager for plant biologyAndrew G Weisenberger
Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility, Newport News, VA, USA
Phys Med Biol 57:4195-210. 2012..To test the utility of the system the detector was used to measure carbon translocation in a leaf of the spicebush (Lindera benzoin) under two transient light conditions.
- Natural product studies of U.S. endangered plants: volatile components of Lindera melissifolia (Lauraceae) repel mosquitoes and ticksJoonseok Oh
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, The University of Mississippi, University, MS 38677, USA
Phytochemistry 80:28-36. 2012..The essential oil and solvent extracts from Lindera melissifolia (Walt.) Blume (Lauraceae) (pondberry) drupes were gathered and analyzed by GC and GC-MS...
- A new butanolide compound from the aerial part of Lindera akoensis with anti-inflammatory activityChung Ping Yang
School of Chinese Pharmaceutical Sciences and Chinese Medicine Resources, China Medical University, Taichung 404, Taiwan
Molecules 17:6585-92. 2012..4) and dihydroisoobtusilactone (5), were isolated from the aerial parts of Lindera akoensis...
- Simultaneous determination of synephrine, arecoline, and norisoboldine in Chinese patent medicine Si-Mo-Tang oral liquid preparation by strong cation exchange high performance liquid chromatographyYue Neng Yi
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Central South University, Changsha, China
Pharm Biol 50:832-8. 2012..liquid preparation (SMT) is composed of Aucklandia luppa Decne (Compositae), Citrus aurantium Linn (Rutaceae), Lindera aggregata (Sims) Kosterm (Lauraceae), and Areca catechu Linn (Arecaceae)...
- Antioxidant and antibacterial activities of the leaf essential oil and its constituents furanodienone and curzerenone from Lindera pulcherrima (Nees.) Benth. ex hook. fSubhash C Joshi
Department of Chemistry, Kumaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand, India
Pharmacognosy Res 4:80-4. 2012b>Lindera pulcherrima (Nees.) Benth. ex Hook. f. (Family: Lauraceae), an evergreen shrub, is an important medicinal plant distributed in temperate Himalayan regions. The leaves and bark are used as spice in cold, fever, and cough.
- Haemodynamic effects of dicentrine, a novel alpha 1-adrenoceptor antagonist: comparison with prazosin in spontaneously hypertensive and normotensive Wistar-Kyoto ratsS M Yu
Pharmacological Institute, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei
Br J Pharmacol 106:797-801. 19921. The haemodynamic effects of dicentrine, an aporphine derivative isolated from the plant Lindera megaphylla, were investigated and compared with prazosin in rats. 2. In anaesthetized normotensive Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) rats, i.v...
- [Experimental study of 472 herbs with antiviral action against the herpes simplex virus]M Zheng
Dept of Microbiology, Jiangxi Medical College, Nanchang
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 10:39-41, 6. 1990..Through repeated screens, 10 highly effective herbs were Aristolochia debilis, Artemisia anomala, Lindera strychnifolia, Patrinia villosa, Pinus massoniana, Prunella vulgaris, Pyrrosia lingua, Rhus chinensis, Sargussum ..
- The electrophysiological effects of dicentrine on the conduction system of rabbit heartM L Young
Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami
Br J Pharmacol 113:69-76. 19941. The electrophysiological effects of dicentrine, an aporphine alkaloid isolated from the root of Lindera megaphylla, were examined in the Langendorff perfused rabbit heart and rabbit isolated cardiac cells. 2...
- Anti-tumor effects of d-dicentrine from the root of Lindera megaphyllaR L Huang
National Research Institute of Chinese Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, R O C
Planta Med 64:212-5. 1998d-Dicentrine, a naturally occurring aporphine type isoquinoline alkaloid, isolated from the root of Lindera megaphylla Hemsl. (Lauraceae), was evaluated for its potential anti-cancer activity...
- New eudesmane sesquiterpenes from the root of Lindera strychnifoliaI Kouno
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Bunkyo machi 1 14, Nagasaki 852 8521, Japan
J Nat Prod 64:286-8. 2001Strychnistenolide (1) and its acetate 2 were isolated from the root of Lindera strychnifolia, along with a novel rearranged type of secoeudesmane, strychnilactone (3)...
- Cytotoxic butanolides and secobutanolides from the stem wood of Formosan Lindera communisIan Lih Tsai
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, R O C
Planta Med 68:142-5. 2002Bioassay-guided fractionation of the chloroform-soluble fraction from the stem wood of Formosan Lindera communis led to the isolation of two new cytotoxic butanolides, lincomolide C (1), lincomolide D (2), as well as two new ..
- Effects of NO3- availability on NO3- use in seedlings of three woody shrub speciesLina Koyama
Laboratory of Ecology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Japan
Tree Physiol 23:281-8. 2003..Siebold, Lindera triloba (Sieb. et Zucc.) Blume and Pieris japonica (Thunb.) D. Don...
- [Morphological histological and UV identification of radix Linderae]R Zhou
Hunan College of Traditonal Chinese Medicine, Changsha 410007
Zhong Yao Cai 20:607-10. 1997The present paper reports the differences of the root tuber, cylindrical root and stem of Lindera aggregata (Sims.) Kosterm. on the external characteristics of crude drug, internal structures and UV-identification.
- [Chemical constituents of the essential oil from the fruits of Lindera glauca and its antifungal activities]D Yang
Zhongshan University, Guangzhou 510275
Zhong Yao Cai 22:295-8. 1999The chemical constituents of the two essential oils extracted from the fruits of Lindera glauca by hydrodistillation and petroleum ether have been studied by means of GC-MS...
- First total synthesis of (+/-)-Linderol A, a tricyclic hexahydrodibenzofuran constituent of Lindera umbellata bark, with potent inhibitory activity on melanin biosynthesis of cultured B-16 melanoma cellsMasayuki Yamashita
Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Misasagi Nakauchicho 5, Yamashinaku, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
J Org Chem 68:1216-24. 2003The first total synthesis of (+/-)-Linderol A, a hexahydrodibenzofuran constituent of Lindera umbellata bark, with potent inhibitory activity on the melanin biosynthesis of cultured B-16 melanoma cells, was achieved through 19 steps of ..
- The potential of NO3--N utilization by a woody shrub species Lindera triloba: a cultivation test to estimate the saturation point of soil NO3--N for plantsL Koyama
Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University
ScientificWorldJournal 1:514-9. 2001Responses of seedlings of a shrub species, Lindera triloba, grown in perlite culture medium, to nitrate (NO3--N) supply were investigated to estimate the saturating point of available NO3--N for plant utilization...
- Extracts from the roots of Lindera strychifolia induces apoptosis in lung cancer cells and prolongs survival of tumor-bearing miceYun Mo Li
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine, 40 Tsukasa Machi, Gifu 500 8705, Japan
Am J Chin Med 31:857-69. 2003b>Lindera strychifolia, a scandent shrub Lauraceous medicinal plant, has been used in Chinese traditional medicine as a palliative and an anti-spasmodic...
- Natural antioxidants may prevent posttraumatic epilepsy: a proposal based on experimental animal studiesAkitane Mori
Okayama University, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 58:111-8. 2004..epigallocatechin and (-)-epigallocatechin-3-O-gallate, adenosine and its derivative, melatonin, uyaku (Lindera Strychnifolia), fermented papaya preparations, Gastrodia elata BI...
- Lindera strychnifolia is protective against post-ischemic myocardial dysfunction through scavenging hydroxyl radicals and opening the mitochondrial KATP channels in isolated rat heartsNingyuan Wang
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine 40 Tsukasa Machi, Gifu, 500 8705, Japan
Am J Chin Med 32:587-98. 2004b>Lindera strychnifolia (tendai-uyaku), a medicinal plant, has long been used for the treatment of cardiac, renal and rheumatic diseases in Japan. We aim to clarify (1) whether L...
- [Determination of linderane in root tuber of Lindera aggregata by HPLC]Li hong Cai
Shanghai Reaserch Centre for Standardization of Chinese Medicine, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 29:657-9. 2004To provide scientific basis for quality control of Lindera aggregata.
- Water extract of the root of Lindera strychnifolia slows down the progression of diabetic nephropathy in db/db miceTakamasa Ohno
Department of Oriental Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Life Sci 77:1391-403. 2005We examined a possible preventive effect of Linderae radix (LR), the root of Lindera strychnifolia, on the progression of diabetic nephropathy...
- [Alkaloids from the root of Lindera angustifolia]Qi Zhi Zhao
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Academy of Military Medical Science, Beijing 100850, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 40:931-4. 2005To study the alkaloid constituents of the root of Lindera angustifolia Cheng.
- Antinociceptive and free radical scavenging activities of alkaloids isolated from Lindera angustifolia ChenQizhi Zhao
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Academy for Military Medical Science, Beijing 100850, China
J Ethnopharmacol 106:408-13. 2006b>Lindera angustifolia Chen is a folk medicine used for the treatment of contusions-induced swelling, rheumatic pains and bellyache in south and the middle part of China...
- Phenolic compounds from the roots of Lindera fruticosaMyoung Chong Song
Graduate School of Biotechnology and Plant Metabolism Research Center, Kyung Hee University, Suwon 449 701, Korea
J Nat Prod 69:853-5. 2006The phenolic compounds isolated from the roots of Lindera fruticosa included four new compounds, 2-methoxy-3,4-methylenedioxybenzophenone (1), (S)-2-methoxy-3,4-methylenedioxybenzhydryl alcohol (2), 3-hydroxy-5-methoxybiphenyl (3), and 1-..
- Intraspecific sequence variation of chloroplast DNA among the component species of deciduous broad-leaved forests in JapanTakaya Iwasaki
Makino Herbarium, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 1 1 Minami Osawa, Hachioji, Tokyo, Japan
J Plant Res 119:539-52. 2006..00083), C. laxiflora (pi=0.00221), Magnolia obovata (pi=0.00134), Lindera triloba (pi=0.00255), L. obtusiloba (pi=0.00289), Pourthiaea villosa var. leavis (pi=0...
- Treatment with total alkaloids from Radix Linderae reduces inflammation and joint destruction in type II collagen-induced model for rheumatoid arthritisChan Wang
Department of Pharmacology of Chinese Materia Medica, China Pharmaceutical University, 1 Shennong Road, Nanjing 210038, China
J Ethnopharmacol 111:322-8. 2007Radix Linderae, the dry roots of Lindera aggregata (Sims) Kosterm., is frequently used in traditional Chinese medicine. It contains alkaloids, volatile oils and sesquiterpene esters...
- Inhibition of chitin synthase 2 and antifungal activity of lignans from the stem bark of Lindera erythrocarpaEui Il Hwang
KT and G Central Research Institute, Daejeon, Korea
Planta Med 73:679-82. 2007..The results indicate that these compounds are specific inhibitors of chitin synthase 2 and can potentially serve as antifungal agents...
- A new sesquiterpene isolated from Lindera aggregata (SIMS) KOSTERMXian Long Cheng
Department of Chinese Materia Medica and Natural Products, National Institute for the Control of Pharmaceutical and Biological Products, Beijing, PR China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:1390-2. 2007A new sesquiterpene, neolindenenonelactone (1), was first isolated from the dried roots of Lindera aggregata (SIMS) KOSTERM...
- Secoaggregatalactone-A from Lindera aggregata induces apoptosis in human hepatoma hep G2 cellsChien Tsong Lin
Department of Forestry, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
Planta Med 73:1548-53. 2007A new secobutanolide, secoaggregatalactone A ( 1) was isolated from the leaves of Lindera aggregata. Results obtained from the cytotoxicity assay revealed that secoaggregatalactone A exhibited a noticeable cytotoxicity (EC (50) = 6...
- [Isolation and preparation of flavones from the leaves of Lindera aggregata using high speed counter-current chromatography]Yun Liu
Key Laboratory of Standardization of Chinese Medicines, Ministry of Education, Institutes of Chinese Material Medica, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicines, Shanghai 201203, China
Se Pu 25:735-9. 2007b>Lindera aggregata (Sims) Kosterm. belongs to Lauraceae family and is distributed in the southern parts of China, Japan and southeastern Asia...
- Antioxidant activities of uyaku (lindera strychnifolia) leaf extract: a natural extract used in traditional medicineYasuko Noda
National Heat, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 8012, U S A
J Clin Biochem Nutr 41:139-45. 2007Uyaku (Lindera strychnifolia, Sieb. et Zucc.) is used in traditional Asian medicine to treat stomach and renal diseases, neuralgia, rheumatism, and aging. In this study, the effects of lyophilized extracts on hydroxyl ((...
- Phenolic glycosides from Lindera fruticosa root and their inhibitory activity on osteoclast differentiationMyoung Chong Song
Graduate School of Biotechnology and Plant Metabolism Research Center, Kyung Hee University, Suwon, South Korea
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 56:707-10. 2008Two new compounds were found in the phenolic glycosides isolated from the roots of Lindera fruticosa: 5-O-[beta-D-apiofuranosyl-(1''-->2')-O-beta-D-xylopyranosyl]gentisic acid-7,5''-ester (3), named linderofruticoside A; and 5-O-[beta-..
- Cytotoxicity and antibacterial activity of Lindera strychnifolia essential oils and extractsRunwei Yan
State Key Laboratory of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, China
J Ethnopharmacol 121:451-5. 2009b>Lindera strychnifolia (LS) is widely used in traditional Chinese medicine...
- Lucidone inhibits iNOS and COX-2 expression in LPS-induced RAW 264.7 murine macrophage cells via NF-kappaB and MAPKs signaling pathwaysK J Senthil Kumar
Department of Forestry, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
Planta Med 75:494-500. 2009The anti-inflammatory mechanism of lucidone isolated from the fruits of Lindera erythrocarpa Makino was investigated. Our data indicate that lucidone significantly inhibits the production of NO and PGE(2) autacoids in LPS-induced RAW 264...
- Total alkaloids from Radix Linderae prevent the production of inflammatory mediators in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells by suppressing NF-kappaB and MAPKs activationYubin Luo
Department of Pharmacology of Chinese Materia Medica, China Pharmaceutical University, 1 Shennong Road, Nanjing 210038, China
Cytokine 46:104-10. 2009Radix Linderae, the dry roots of Lindera aggregata (Sims) Kosterm (L. strychnifolia Vill), has been long-term used in traditional Chinese medicine for treating various diseases, and alkaloids are believed to be the main active components...
- Anti-androgen receptor signaling and prostate cancer inhibitory effects of sucrose- and benzophenone-compoundsZhe Wang
Hormel Institute, University of Minnesota, 801 16th Avenue, N E, Austin, Minnesota 55912, USA
Pharm Res 26:1140-8. 2009..Novel agents that target multiple aspects of androgen receptor (AR) signaling are desirable for chemoprevention and treatment of prostate cancer (PCa). We aimed to identify compounds isolated from medicinal herbs as such drug candidates...
- Alkaloids from Lindera aggregataLi She Gan
Institute of Modern Chinese Medicine, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, 388 Yuhangtang Rd, Hangzhou, P R China
Nat Prod Commun 4:43-6. 2009..5), (+)-reticuline (6), (-)-pronuciferine (7), and pallidine (8) were isolated from the roots of Lindera aggregata...
- [Simultaneous determination of four alkaloids in Lindera aggregate by high performance liquid chromatography]Zheng Han
Institute of Modern Chinese Medicine, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 34:583-6. 2009To develop an HPLC method for simultaneous determination of four major alkaloids in Lindera aggregate.
- Essential oil of Lindera neesiana fruit: chemical analysis and its potential use in topical applicationsStefano Comai
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Fitoterapia 81:11-6. 2010The composition of the essential oil of Lindera neesiana Kurz fruit was examined by GC-MS, (1)H, (13)C and bidimensional NMR techniques (HMQC, HMBC, COSY, TOCSY)...
- Sesquiterpene lactones from the root tubers of Lindera aggregataLi She Gan
Institute of Modern Chinese Medicine IMCM, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 72:1497-501. 2009Phytochemical investigation of the root tubers of Lindera aggregata resulted in the isolation of five new sesquiterpene lactones, linderagalactones A-E (1-5), along with eight known sesquiterpenoids, 3-eudesmene-1beta,11-diol, ..
- New secoisolariciresinol derivatives from Lindera obtusiloba stems and their neuroprotective activitiesKi Yong Lee
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Planta Med 76:294-7. 2010A methanolic extract of Lindera obtusiloba (Lauraceae) stems significantly attenuated glutamate-induced oxidative stress in HT22 hippocampal cells...
- Antioxidant and antibacterial activities of the leaf essential oils of Himalayan Lauraceae speciesSubhash C Joshi
Department of Chemistry, Kumaun University, Nainital 263002, India
Food Chem Toxicol 48:37-40. 2010The leaf essential oils from seven Himalayan Lauraceae species viz. Neolitsea pallens, Lindera pulcherrima, Dodecadenia grandiflora, Persea duthiei, Persea odoratissima, Persea gamblei and Phoebe lanceolata exhibited potent antioxidant ..
- Lucidone, a novel melanin inhibitor from the fruit of Lindera erythrocarpa MakinoK J Senthil Kumar
Department of Forestry, National Chung Hsing University, Core Laboratory of Plant Metabolomics in Biotechnology Centre, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Phytother Res 24:1158-65. 2010..Our data indicate that the antimelanogenic activity of lucidone is probably due to its inhibition of tyrosinase activity and the suppression of tyrosinase and MITF expression...
- Anti-inflammatory effect of lucidone in mice via inhibition of NF-kappaB/MAP kinase pathwayK J Senthil Kumar
Core Laboratory of Plant Metabolomics in Biotechnology Centre, Department of Forestry, National Chung Hsing University, Kou Kung Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Int Immunopharmacol 10:385-92. 2010Here, we investigated the anti-inflammatory activity of lucidone, a phytocompound isolated from the fruits of Lindera erythrocarpa Makino, against lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced acute systemic inflammation in mice...
- An active extract of Lindera obtusiloba inhibits adipogenesis via sustained Wnt signaling and exerts anti-inflammatory effects in the 3T3-L1 preadipocytesChristian Freise
Department of Gastroenterology, Infectiology and Rheumatology, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, 12200 Berlin, Germany
J Nutr Biochem 21:1170-7. 2010..In Korea, an aqueous extract from the Japanese spice bush Lindera obtusiloba is traditionally used for treatment of inflammation and prevention of liver damage...
- Conjugates of an abscisic acid derivative and phenolic glucosides, and a new sesquiterpene glucoside from Lindera strychnifoliaAkinori Mimura
Department of Pharmacognosy, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, Japan
J Nat Med 64:153-60. 2010..an eremophilane-type sesquiterpene glucoside (4), along with ten known compounds, were isolated from the roots of Lindera strychnifolia...
- Separation and quantitative determination of sesquiterpene lactones in Lindera aggregata (wu-yao) by ultra-performance LC-MS/MSYongjiang Wu
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, PR China
J Sep Sci 33:1072-8. 2010..LC in combination with MS/MS method was established to evaluate the quality of wu-yao (the dried root of Lindera aggregata (Sims) Kosterm...
- [Determination of norisoboldine in Radix Lindera by RP-HPLC]Jianzhong Chen
Department of Pharmacognosy, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210038, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 34:2774-6. 2009..To develop a RP-HPLC method for quantitative determination of norisoboldine in Radix Linderae and to provide valuable data for quality control of Radix Linderae...
- Norisoboldine inhibits the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells by down-regulating the activation of MAPKs but not NF-κBYubin Luo
Department of Pharmacology of Chinese Materia Medica, China Pharmaceutical University, 24 Tong Jia Xiang, Nanjing, China
Inflammation 33:389-97. 2010Norisoboldine is the main isoquinoline alkaloid occurring in Radix Linderae, the dry roots of Lindera aggregata (Lauraceae family)...
- Bi-linderone, a highly modified methyl-linderone dimer from Lindera aggregata with activity toward improvement of insulin sensitivity in vitroFei Wang
State Key Laboratory of Phytochemistry and Plant Resources in West China, Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming 650204, People s Republic of China
Org Lett 12:2354-7. 2010Bi-linderone (1) was isolated as racemate from the traditional Chinese medicinal plant Lindera aggregata...
- Composition and immunotoxicity activity of essential oils from Lindera obtusiloba Blume against Aedes aegypti LIll Min Chung
Department of Applied Life Science, Kon Kuk University, Seoul, South Korea
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 33:146-9. 2011The leaves of Lindera obtusiloba Blume var. obtusiloba were extracted and the major essential oil composition and immunotoxicity effects were studied...
- Treatment with Lindera strychnifolia reduces blood pressure by decreasing sympathetic nerve activity in spontaneously hypertensive ratsMasayuki Shimomura
Kyoto Women s University, Japan
Am J Chin Med 38:561-8. 2010b>Lindera strychnifolia (Tendai-Uyaku), a medicinal plant, has long been used for the treatment of cardiac, renal and rheumatic diseases in Japan...
- Chemical constituents of the stems and twigs of Lindera umbellataMinpei Kuroda
School of Pharmacy, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
J Nat Med 65:198-201. 2011The chemical constituents of the stems and twigs of Lindera umbellata were investigated, and a new lignan derivative and four known compounds were isolated...
- Suppression of mast-cell-mediated allergic inflammation by Lindera obtusilobaWon Mo Suh
College of Pharmacy, Youngnam University, Kyungsan 712 749, South Korea
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 236:240-6. 2011..In this study, we investigated the effect of Lindera obtusiloba water extract (LOWE) on the mast-cell-mediated allergic inflammation and possible mechanism of action ..
- Sexual differences in physiological integration in the dioecious shrub Lindera triloba: a field experiment using girdling manipulationTomohiro Isogimi
Laboratory of Forest Ecology and Physiology, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Furo cho, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Japan
Ann Bot 107:1029-37. 2011..In this study, sexual differences in physiological integration were examined among ramets, within a genet in the dioecious sprouting shrub Lindera triloba, by a field experiment with girdling manipulation.
- Pit membrane chemistry influences the magnitude of ion-mediated enhancement of xylem hydraulic conductance in four Lauraceae speciesEmmanuelle Gortan
Dipartimento di Scienze della Vita, Universita di Trieste, Via L Giorgieri 10, Trieste, Italy
Tree Physiol 31:48-58. 2011..the ionic effect and pectin composition in intervessel pit membranes of four Lauraceae species (Laurus nobilis, Lindera megaphylla, Litsea sericea and Umbellularia californica) that show rather similar vessel and pit dimensions was ..