Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- Native and introduced host plants of Anastrepha fraterculus and Ceratitis capitata (Diptera: Tephritidae) in northwestern ArgentinaSergio Ovruski
Instituto Superior de Entomología FCNeIML UNT, CONICET, Fundación Miguel Lillo CIRPON, Miguel Lillo 251, T4000JFE San Miguel de Tucumán, Tucuman, Argentina
J Econ Entomol 96:1108-18. 2003..We determined the following 17 host plant associations: Annona cherimola Miller (Annonaceae), Citrus paradisi Macfadyn (Rutaceae), Diospyros kaki L. (Ebenaceae), Eugenia uniflora L., Psidium guajava L...
- [Neurological syndromes linked with the intake of plants and fungi containing a toxic component (I). Neurotoxic syndromes caused by the ingestion of plants, seeds and fruits]F J Carod-Artal
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Sarah, Brasilia DF, Brasil
Rev Neurol 36:860-71. 2003..A wide range of plants, seeds and fruits used for nutritional and medicinal purposes can give rise to neurotoxic symptoms...
- Cytotoxic activity of Brazilian Cerrado plants used in traditional medicine against cancer cell linesMariana Laundry de Mesquita
Laboratorio de Farmacognosia, Universidade de Brasilia, Brasilia, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 123:439-45. 2009..The search for new anti-cancer drugs is one of the most prominent research areas of natural products. Numerous active compounds isolated from Brazilian Cerrado plant species have been studied with promising results...
- Galls and gall makers in plants from the Pé-de-Gigante Cerrado Reserve, Santa Rita do Passa Quatro, SP, BrazilM V Urso-Guimarães
UFSCar, CEP 18085 850, Sorocaba, SP, Brazil
Braz J Biol 66:357-69. 2006..The host plant species belong to the closely related families Anacardiaceae, Annonaceae, Asteraceae, Bignoniaceae, Caryocaraceae, Erythroxylaceae, Fabaceae, Malpighiaceae, Melastomataceae, Myrtaceae, ..
- Germination ecophysiology of Annona crassiflora seedsEdvaldo A A da Silva
Departamento de Ciências Florestais, Universidade Federal de Lavras, CP 3037, CEP 37200 000, Lavras, MG, Brazil
Ann Bot 99:823-30. 2007Little is known about environmental factors that break morphophysiological dormancy in seeds of the Annonaceae and the mechanisms involved...
- In vitro antimicrobial activity of extracts and compounds of some selected medicinal plants from CameroonEmmanuel Jean Teinkela Mbosso
Laboratoire de Substances Naturelles et Synthèse Organique, Département de Chimie Organique, Faculte des Sciences, Universite de Yaounde I, BP 812 Yaounde, Cameroon
J Ethnopharmacol 128:476-81. 2010..Asteraceae), Monodora myristica Dunal (Annonaceae), Albizia gummifera (J.F. Gmel) C.A...
- Analgesic activity of some Indian medicinal plantsP Malairajan
S R M College of Pharmacy, Kattankulathur 603203, Kancheepuram District, Tamilnadu, India
J Ethnopharmacol 106:425-8. 2006..leaves) (Nyctaginaceae), Ficus glomerata (bark, leaves) (Moraceae) and Polyalthia longifolia (leaves) (Annonaceae)...
- Bioactive properties of plant species ingested by chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes schweinfurthii) in the Kibale National Park, UgandaSabrina Krief
ICSN, CNRS, Gif sur Yvette, France
Am J Primatol 68:51-71. 2006..plant parts occasionally ingested by chimpanzees (Diospyros abyssinica (Ebenaceae) bark, Uvariopsis congensis (Annonaceae) leaves, and Trichilia rubescens (Meliaceae) leaves) showed highly significant medicinal properties...
- Toxicity of Annonaceae for dopaminergic neurons: potential role in atypical parkinsonism in GuadeloupeAnnie Lannuzel
Service de Neurologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire des Antilles et de la Guyane, Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe, France
Mov Disord 17:84-90. 2002..It is therefore conceivable that repeated consumption could cause the neuronal dysfunction and degeneration underlying the West Indian parkinsonian syndrome...
- Antimalarial activity of some Colombian medicinal plantsG Garavito
Departamento de Farmacia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Carrera 30 45 02, Bogota D C, Colombia
J Ethnopharmacol 107:460-2. 2006..DC. (Piperaceae) aerial part and Xylopia aromatica (Lam.) Mart. (Annonaceae) bark with IC(50) values ranging from <1 to 2...
- Effects of plant lactones on the production of biofilm of Pseudomonas aeruginosaElena Cartagena
Instituto de Quimica Organica, Quimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de Tucuman, Tucuman, Argentina
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 55:22-5. 2007..as well as seven annonaceous acetogenins isolated from the seeds of the tropical tree Annona cherimolia (Family Annonaceae), were evaluated for their ability to inhibit or stimulate the production of biofilm by a strain of Pseudomonas ..
- A rapid diversification of rainforest trees (Guatteria; Annonaceae) following dispersal from Central into South AmericaRoy H J Erkens
Institute of Environmental Biology, Section Plant Ecology and Biodiversity, Nationaal Herbarium Nederland, Utrecht University Branch, CA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Phylogenet Evol 44:399-411. 2007..Guatteria (Annonaceae) is, with 265 species, the third largest genus of Neotropical trees after Inga (Fabaceae) and Ocotea (Lauraceae),..
- The olfactory component of floral display in Asimina and Deeringothamnus (Annonaceae)Katherine R Goodrich
University of South Carolina, Coker Life Science Building, 700 Sumter St, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
New Phytol 183:457-69. 2009..In this article, we investigate floral scent in two extra-tropical genera of Annonaceae. We discuss floral scent in the context of differing pollination strategies in these genera, and compare their ..
- Bioactive endophytic streptomycetes from the Malay PeninsulaNoraziah M Zin
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
FEMS Microbiol Lett 274:83-8. 2007..family -Annonaceae), and Mapania sp. (family -Cyperaceae)...
- MPP+ analogs acting on mitochondria and inducing neuro-degenerationY Kotake
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Curr Med Chem 10:2507-16. 2003..These diseases seem to be associated with ingestion of tropical herbal teas or tropical fruits of the Annonaceae family, which contain complex I inhibitors such as benzylisoquinoline derivatives and acetogenins...
- The evolution of floral biology in basal angiospermsPeter K Endress
Institute of Systematic Botany, University of Zurich, Zollikerstrasse 107, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 365:411-21. 2010..of specialization up to large beetles and special flies in some large-flowered Nymphaeaceae, Magnoliaceae, Annonaceae and Aristolochiaceae...
- The progamic phase of an early-divergent angiosperm, Annona cherimola (Annonaceae)J Lora
Department of Subtropical Pomology, Estacion Experimental La Mayora CSIC, 29760 Algarrobo Costa, Malaga, Spain
Ann Bot 105:221-31. 2010..phase, from pollination to fertilization, is characterized in Annona cherimola, which is a member of the Annonaceae, the largest extant family among early-divergent angiosperms...
- [Biology of Tetranychus mexicanus (McGregor) (Acari: Tetranychidae) on three species of Annonaceae]Josilene M de Sousa
Depto de Agronomia, Univ Federal Rural de Pernambuco, Recife, PE, Brazil, 52171 900
Neotrop Entomol 39:319-23. 2010..Although this mite apparently causes economic damage to Annonaceae, little is known about its biology. Here we studied the biology of T...
- Antifilarial activity in vitro of polycarpol and 3-O-acetyl aleuritolic acid from cameroonian medicinal plants against Onchocerca gutturosaB Nyasse
Department of Organic Chemistry, Laboratory of Bio Organic and Medicinal Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University of Yaounde I, Box 812 Yaounde, Cameroon
Nat Prod Res 20:391-7. 2006..worms, we have isolated and screened three compounds: polycarpol and polyveoline from Polyalthia suaveolens (Annonaceae) and 3-O-acetyl aleuritolic acid from Discoglypremna caloneura (Euphorbiaceae)...
- Does a polyphagous caterpillar have the same gut microbiota when feeding on different species of food plants?Ana Sittenfeld
Centro de Investigación en Biología Celular y Molecular CIBCM, Universidad de Costa Rica, Ciudad Universitaria Rodrigo Facio, San Jose, Costa Rica
Rev Biol Trop 50:547-60. 2002..Fifty-five third instar wild-caught sibs feeding on Annona purpurea (Annonaceae) in the Area de Conservación Guanacaste (ACG) in northwestern Costa Rica were divided into eight groups...
- Antiprotozoal and cytotoxic activities in vitro of Colombian AnnonaceaeEdison Osorio
Grupo de Investigación en Sustancias Bioactivas GISB, Facultad de Química Farmacéutica, Corporación de Patologías Tropicales, Universidad de Antioquia, A A 1226, Medellin, Colombia
J Ethnopharmacol 111:630-5. 2007Ethnobotanical and chemotaxonomical studies for antiparasitic activity of Colombian Annonaceae were carried out...
- Detection and determination of reticuline and N-methylcoculaurine in the Annonaceae family using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryYaichiro Kotake
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 806:75-8. 2004..supranuclear palsy, and all of the investigated patients had taken herbal tea or tropical fruits of the Annonaceae family. Local inhabitants consume the fruits, and also drink tea made from the leaves...
- The in-vivo antimalarial activities of Uvaria chamae and Hippocratea africanaJ E Okokon
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Uyo, Uyo, Nigeria
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 100:585-90. 2006..root extracts of two plants used traditionally as malarial remedies in southern Nigeria, Uvaria chamae (Annonaceae) and Hippocratea africana (Hippocrateaceae), were studied in vivo, in mice infected with Plasmodium berghei ..
- Molecular phylogenetics reveal multiple tertiary vicariance origins of the African rain forest treesThomas L P Couvreur
Nationaal Herbarium Nederland, Wageningen branch, Biosystematics Group, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
BMC Biol 6:54. 2008..the evolutionary history of endemic taxa within a rain forest restricted African lineage of the plant family Annonaceae was studied...
- Bioactive azafluorenone alkaloids from Polyalthia debilis (Pierre) Finet & GagnepSupaluk Prachayasittikul
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Srinakharinwirot University, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Molecules 14:4414-24. 2009This study investigated bioactive extracts of Polyalthia debilis (Annonaceae) with antimicrobial, antimalarial and cytotoxic activities...
- Susceptibility of complete bacteria and spheroplasts of Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Salmonella typhi to rolliniastatin-2L M Luna-Cazares
Laboratorio de Fisiologia y Quimica Vegetal, Escuela de Biologia, Universidad de Ciencias y Artes de Chiapas, Chiapas, Mexico
Nat Prod Res 24:1139-45. 2010..bacteria has not yet been analysed and was isolated by CC from the hexanic extract of Annona diversifolia Saff (Annonaceae) seeds...
- Floral scent compounds of Amazonian Annonaceae species pollinated by small beetles and thripsA Jurgens
Lehrstuhl für Pflanzensystematik, Universitat Bayreuth, Germany
Phytochemistry 55:551-8. 2000Chemical analysis (GC-MS) yielded a total of 58 volatile compounds in the floral scents of six species of Annonaceae distributed in four genera (Xylopia, Anaxagorea, Duguetia, and Rollinia), Xylopia aromatica is pollinated principally by ..
- Evolution of syncarpy and other morphological characters in African Annonaceae: a posterior mapping approachT L P Couvreur
National Herbarium of the Netherlands Wageningen branch, Biosystematics Group, Wageningen UR, Generaal Foulkesweg 37, 6703 BL Wageningen, The Netherlands
Mol Phylogenet Evol 47:302-18. 2008..fusion of a moderate number of carpels. The magnoliid family Annonaceae provides an ideal situation to test these hypotheses as two African genera, Isolona and Monodora, are syncarpous ..
- Branch architecture, light interception and crown development in saplings of a plagiotropically branching tropical tree, Polyalthia jenkinsii (Annonaceae)Noriyuki Osada
Laboratory of Forest Ecology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Ann Bot 91:55-63. 2003..f. & Thoms. (Annonaceae) in a Malaysian rain forest...
- Supercritical fluid CO2 extraction and simultaneous determination of eight annonaceous acetogenins in Annona genus plant seeds by HPLC-DAD methodHaijun Yang
Department of Pharmacy, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210046, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 49:140-4. 2009Annonaceous acetogenins (ACGs) isolated from Annonaceae plants exhibited a broad range of biological bioactivities such as cytotoxic, antitumoral, antiparasitic, pesticidal and immunosuppresive activities...
- Perfume-collecting male euglossine bees as pollinators of a basal angiosperm: the case of Unonopsis stipitata (Annonaceae)H Teichert
Institute of Systematic Botany and Ecology, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 11:29-37. 2009Pollination of Unonopsis stipitata (Annonaceae) by males of two perfume-collecting bees, Euglossa imperialis and Eulaema bombiformis (Euglossini) is described...
- Antibacterial activity of eight Brazilian annonaceae plantsJacqueline A Takahashi
Departamento de Química ICEx Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, CEP 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Nat Prod Res 20:21-6. 2006Sixteen extracts, obtained from eight Brazilian plants of Annonaceae family, were screened for their antibacterial activity: Xylopia frutescens, X. aromatica, X. amazonica, X. benthamii, Annona ambotay, A. crassiflora, A. muricata and A...
- [Studies on chemical constituents of Uvaria macrophylia]Hai ling Zhang
Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 37:124-7. 2002To study the chemical constituents from Uvaria macrophylla Roxb. (Annonaceae).
- Hydroxyespintanol and schefflerichalcone: two new compounds from Uvaria scheffleriMomoyo Ichimaru
Department of Natural Medicinal Chemistry, Kobe Pharmaceutical University, 4 19 1 Motoyamakita machi, Higashinada ku, Kobe, Japan
J Nat Med 64:75-9. 2010..investigation of the petroleum ether extract and chloroform extract of the root of Uvaria scheffleri Diels (Annonaceae) led to the isolation of two new compounds, named hydroxyespintanol (1) and schefflerichalcone (2), together ..
- Screening Brazilian plant species for in vitro inhibition of 5-lipoxygenaseF C Braga
Faculdade de Farmacia, UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Phytomedicine 6:447-52. 2000..Hedychium coronarium J. Koenig (Zingiberaceae), Xylopia frutescens Aubl. (Annonaceae) and Hymenaea courbaril L. (Leguminosae) presented a high 5-lipoxygenase inhibitory activity...
- Antitrypanosomal and antiplasmodial activity of medicinal plants from Côte d'IvoireK Kamanzi Atindehou
Laboratoire de Botanique, UFR Biosciences, Universite de Cocody, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
J Ethnopharmacol 90:221-7. 2004..The extracts of Enantia polycarpa (Annonaceae) and Trichilia emetica (Meliaceae) were the most promising ones. Their IC50 values were 0.5 and 0...
- In vitro screening for antiplasmodial activity of isoquinoline alkaloids from Brazilian plant speciesDominique Corinne Hermine Fischer
Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Prof Lineu Prestes 580, Bloco15, 05580 900, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Acta Trop 92:261-6. 2004In the search for new antimalarial agents, nine Brazilian plant species were selected, from the Annonaceae (6), Menispermaceae (2) and Siparunaceae (1) families naturally occurring at the cerrado and Atlantic rainforest regions, in order ..
- Stereoselective synthesis of the naturally occurring styryllactones (+)-goniofufurone and (+)-cardiobutanolidePurificación Ruiz
Departamento de Quimica Inorganica y Organica, Universidad Jaume I, E 12071 Castellon, Spain, and Departamento de Quimica Organica, Universidad de Valencia, E 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
J Org Chem 70:713-6. 2005..1 and (+)-cardiobutanolide 2, two pharmacologically active products from Goniothalamus species (Annonaceae), have been synthesized in enantiopure form using l-erythrulose as the chiral starting material...
- Persistance of the insecticidal activity of five essential oils on the maize weevil Sitophilus zeamais (Motsch.) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae)L S Ngamo Tinkeu
Faculty of Sciences, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Ngaoundere, P O Box 454 Ngaoundere, Cameroon
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 69:145-7. 2004..The evaluation of this duration of activity was carried out for five aromatic plants: Annona senegalensis (Annonaceae), Eucalyptus citriodora et Ecalyptus saligna (Myrtaceae), Lippia rugosa (Verbenaceae) and Ocimum gratissimum (..
- Hypoglycemic and antidiabetic effect of ethanolic extract of leaves of Annona squamosa L. in experimental animalsRajesh Kumar Gupta
Alternative Therapeutics Unit, Drug Development Division, Medicinal Research Laboratary, Department of Chemistry, University of Allahabad, Allahabad 211002, U P, India
J Ethnopharmacol 99:75-81. 2005The ethanolic extract of Annona squamosa L. (Annonaceae) leaves was administered orally at different doses to normal as well as streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic rats and alloxan-induced diabetic rabbits...
- [Chemical constituents from the seeds of Annona squamosa]Jing guang Yu
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100094, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 40:153-8. 2005To study the antitumor active constituents of the seeds from Annona squamosa L. (Annonaceae).
- A novel alkaloid from Mitrephora maingayiRong Yu
Chengdu Institute of Biology, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu 610041, China
Nat Prod Res 19:359-62. 2005..allantoin, glaucine, N-phenyl-2-naphthylamine, terephthalic acid and ayanin, was isolated from the twigs of Mitrephora maingayi Hook (Annonaceae). Their structures were established predominantly by IR, MS and NMR spectral data.
- Selective cytotoxicity of squamocin on T24 bladder cancer cells at the S-phase via a Bax-, Bad-, and caspase-3-related pathwaysShyng Shiou F Yuan
Department of Medical Research, E Da Hospital, I Shou University, Kaoshiung County, Taiwan 824, ROC
Life Sci 78:869-74. 2006Annonaceous acetogenins are a group of potential anti-neoplastic agents isolated from Annonaceae plants...
- C18 tetraynoic fatty acids and essential oil composition of Mkilua fragransLilechi D Baraza
Department of Chemistry, University of Dar es Salaam, P O Box 35061, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Nat Prod Res 20:187-93. 2006..acid and a mixture of stearic and oleic acids were isolated from fruits and stem barks of Mkilua fragrans (Annonaceae)...
- Toxicological studies on the purified protoberberine alkaloidal fraction of Enantia chlorantha Oliv (ANNONACEAE)J O Moody
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Afr J Med Med Sci 36:317-23. 2007..The results obtained in this study suggest the relative safety of short-term use of preparations containing E. chlorantha, a very popular antimalarial herbal remedy in Southern Nigeria...
- In vitro and in vivo antiproliferative activity of laherradurin and cherimolin-2 of Annona diversifolia SaffMaría Adelina Schlie-Guzmán
Escuela de Biologia, Universidad de Ciencias y Artes de Chiapas Libramiento Norte Poniente s n, C P 29039, Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas, Mexico
Phytother Res 23:1128-33. 2009Acetogenins from Annonaceae (ACG) are potent inhibitors of the mitochondrial complex I, they present cytotoxic activity on neoplasic lines, including those with multiresistance to drugs...
- Antifungal and anthelmintic activities of Cleistopholis patens (Annonaceae)Blandine Akendengue
Departement de Pharmacologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite des Sciences de la Sante, Libreville, Gabon
Planta Med 75:1143-5. 2009Basic CH2Cl2 extract of the trunk bark of Cleistopholis patens (Annonaceae) exhibited antifungal activities against Candida albicans, C. parapsilosis, and C. glabrata using an agar well-diffusion assay method...
- Bioactive styryllactones and alkaloid from flowers of Goniothalamus laoticusRatsami Lekphrom
Natural Products Research Unit, Department of Chemistry and Center of Excellence for Innovation in Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
J Ethnopharmacol 125:47-50. 2009Goniothalamus laoticus (Annonaceae) is being used traditionally as a tonic and a febrifuge by the local people in the northeastern part of Thailand.
- Diversities within genotypes, bioactivity and biosynthetic genes of endophytic actinomycetes isolated from three pharmaceutical plantsYingying Wu
The Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Cell Biology and Tumor Cell Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen, PR China
Curr Microbiol 59:475-82. 2009One hundred and fifty endophytic actinomycetes were isolated from three pharmaceutical plants, Annonaceae squamosal, Camptotheca acuminate and Taxus chinensis. Bioactivity test showed that 72...
- Pollen development in Annona cherimola Mill. (Annonaceae). Implications for the evolution of aggregated pollenJorge Lora
Estacion Experimental La Mayora, CSIC, 29760 Algarrobo Costa, Malaga, Spain
BMC Plant Biol 9:129. 2009..We followed pollen development using immunolocalization and cytochemical characterization of changes occurring from anther differentiation to pollen dehiscence...
- Grapefruit as a host for the West Indian fruit fly (Diptera: Tephritidae)Robert L Mangan
USDA ARS Crop Quality and Fruit Insects Research Unit, Weslaco, TX 78596, USA
J Econ Entomol 104:54-62. 2011..fruit flies of major economic importance, this species attacks several other families of crop fruit, including Annonaceae (cherimoya, Annona cherimola Mill.), Myrtaceae (guava, Psidium L.), Oxalidaceae (carambola, Averrhoa carambola L...
- Ethnobotanical study of medicinal plants used in the management of diabetes mellitus and hypertension in the Central Region of TogoSimplice Damintoti Karou
Centre de Recherche et de Formation sur les Plantes médicinales CERFOPLAM, Université de Lomé ESTBA UL, BP 1515, Lome, Togo
Pharm Biol 49:1286-97. 2011..However, little is known about their medical practices, principally the use of plants in the management of diabetes mellitus (DM) and hypertension (HTN)...
- Platelet-activating factor (PAF) receptor binding activity of the roots of Enicosanthellum pulchrumNoraziah Nordin
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Jalan Raja Muda Abd Aziz, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Pharm Biol 50:284-90. 2012Enicosanthellum pulchrum (King) Heusden (Annonaceae) is a coniferous tree that is confined to mountain forests...
- Comparative chemical and molecular variability of Cananga odorata (Lam.) Hook.f. & Thomson forma genuina (ylang-ylang) in the Western Indian Ocean Islands: implication for valorizationCéline Benini
Plant Biology Unit, Gembloux Agro Bio Tech, University of Liege, Gembloux
Chem Biodivers 9:1389-402. 2012Cananga odorata (Lam.) Hook.f. & Thomson forma genuina (Annonaceae) is a tropical tree, grown for the production of ylang-ylang essential oil, which is extracted from its fresh and mature flowers...
- The key role of 4-methyl-5-vinylthiazole in the attraction of scarab beetle pollinators: a unique olfactory floral signal shared by Annonaceae and AraceaeArtur Campos Dalia Maia
Departamento de Quimica Fundamental, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife 50740 560, Brazil
J Chem Ecol 38:1072-80. 2012..We performed GC-MS analyses of floral scents of four species of Annona (magnoliids, Annonaceae) and Caladium bicolor (monocots, Araceae), and demonstrated the chemical basis for the attraction of their ..
- Analgesic effects of an ethanol extract of the fruits of Xylopia aethiopica (Dunal) A. Rich (Annonaceae) and the major constituent, xylopic acid in murine modelsEric Woode
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana
J Pharm Bioallied Sci 4:291-301. 2012..The present study evaluated the analgesic properties of the ethanol extract of X. aethiopica (XAE) and xylopic acid (XA), in murine models...
- Ecological features of titica vine (Heteropsis flexuosa (Kunth) GS Bunting) in Rondônia State, Northwest Brazilian AmazonMichelliny M Bentes Gama
EMBRAPA, Centro de Pesquisa Agroflorestal de Rondônia, BR 364, km 5, 5, Caixa Postal 127, 76815 800 Porto Velho, RO, Brasil
An Acad Bras Cienc 85:1117-25. 2013..Nevertheless it was frequently associated to Burseraceae, Leguminosae, Sapotaceae, Annonaceae, Chrysobalanaceae, Apocynaceae, Moraceae and Myristicaceae and species with thick bark like Schweilera coriacea, ..
- Chemical constituents of essential oils from the leaves and stem barks of four Vietnamese species of Fissistigma (Annonaceae)Tran D Thang
a Faculty of Chemistry, Vinh University, 182 Le Duan, Vinh, Nghean, Vietnam
Nat Prod Res 28:174-84. 2014..7-83.8%), monoterpenes (3.2-30.9%) and fatty acids (0.5-33.4%). Data on the essential oil composition of F. villosissimum, F. latifolium and F. glaucescens are reported for the first time. ..
- In vivo antimalarial efficacy of acetogenins, alkaloids and flavonoids enriched fractions from Annona crassiflora MartLúcia Pinheiro Santos Pimenta
a Departamento de Química, Instituto de Ciencias Exatas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, Belo Horizonte, MG 31270 901, Brazil
Nat Prod Res 28:1254-9. 2014Annona crassiflora and Annonaceae plants are known to be used to treat malaria by traditional healers. In this work, the antimalarial efficacy of different fractions of A...
- ent-Kaurane diterpenes from the stem bark of Annona vepretorum (Annonaceae) and cytotoxic evaluationLívia M Dutra
Department of Chemistry, Federal University of Sergipe, Sao Cristovao, Sergipe, Brazil
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 24:3315-20. 2014..b>Annonaceae)...
- Indolosesquiterpene alkaloids from the Cameroonian medicinal plant Polyalthia oliveri (Annonaceae)Simeon Fogue Kouam
Department of Chemistry, Higher Teachers Training College, University of Yaounde I, P O Box 47, Yaounde, Cameroon Institute of Environmental Research INFU, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, TU Dortmund, Otto Hahn Str 6, D 44221 Dortmund, Germany Electronic address
Phytochemistry 105:52-9. 2014..Compounds 2 and 3 exhibited moderate antiplasmodial activity against erythrocytic stages of chloroquine-sensitive Plasmodium falciparum NF54 strain and low cytotoxicity on rat skeletal myoblast (L6) cell line. ..
- Anti-ulcerogenic effect of methanolic extracts from Enicosanthellum pulchrum (King) Heusden against ethanol-induced acute gastric lesion in animal modelsNoraziah Nordin
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
PLoS ONE 9:e111925. 2014A natural source of medicine, Enicosanthellum pulchrum is a tropical plant which belongs to the family Annonaceae. In this study, methanol extract from the leaves and stems of this species was evaluated for its gastroprotective potential ..
- Antiproliferative activity and induction of apoptosis by Annona muricata (Annonaceae) extract on human cancer cellsConstant Anatole Pieme
Department of Physiological Sciences and Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaounde I, PO Box 1364, Yaounde, Cameroon
BMC Complement Altern Med 14:516. 2014..The aim of this study is to determine the in vitro anti-proliferative effects and apoptotic events of A. muricata extracts on HL-60 cells as well as to quantify its phenols content...
- Two new species of tarsonemid mites (Acari: Tarsonemidae) from northeastern BrazilJosilene M Sousa
Departamento de Agronomia, Área Fitossanidade, Universidade Federal Rural de Pernambuco Av Dom Manoel de Medeiros s n, Dois Irmaos, 52171 900 Recife, Pernambuco, Brasil Email
Zootaxa 3889:429-41. 2014..nov. and Fungitarsonemus setillus sp. nov. found on Annonaceae leaves collected in northeastern Brazil are described and illustrated. Females of D...
- In vitro antiprotozoal activity and cytotoxicity of extracts and fractions from the leaves, root bark and stem bark of Isolona hexalobaD Musuyu Muganza
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Kinshasa, P O Box 212, Kinshasa XI, Democratic Republic of Congo
J Ethnopharmacol 174:187-94. 2015Isolona hexaloba (Pierre) Engl. and Diels (Annonaceae) is traditionally used in D.R. Congo against parasitic diseases including malaria.
- Efficacy of essential oil from Cananga odorata (Lamk.) Hook.f. & Thomson (Annonaceae) against three mosquito species Aedes aegypti (L.), Anopheles dirus (Peyton and Harrison), and Culex quinquefasciatus (Say)Mayura Soonwera
Department of Plant Production Technology, Faculty of Agricultural Technology, King Mongkut s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang, Bangkok, 10520, Thailand
Parasitol Res 114:4531-43. 2015..This study demonstrates the potential for the essential oil of Ca. odorata essential oil to be used as a botanical insecticide against three mosquito species. ..
- Antitumour Activity of the Microencapsulation of Annona vepretorum Essential OilLarissa M Bomfim
Gonçalo Moniz Research Center, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation CPqGM FIOCRUZ BA, Salvador, Brazil
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 118:208-13. 2016Annona vepretorum Mart. (Annonaceae), popularly known as 'bruteira', has nutritional and medicinal uses. This study investigated the chemical composition and antitumour potential of the essential oil of A...
- Neurotoxicity of Dietary Supplements from Annonaceae SpeciesMatthias Höllerhage
Department of Neurology, Technical University, Munich, Germany German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases DZNE, Munich, Germany Both the authors contributed equally to the article
Int J Toxicol 34:543-50. 2015Dietary supplements containing plant materials of Annonaceae species (Annona muricata L., A. squamosa L., A. mucosa JACQ., A. squamosa × cherimola Mabb...
- Attraction of Pollinators to Atemoya (Annona squamosa × Annona cherimola) in Puerto Rico Using Commercial Lures and Food AttractantsDavid A Jenkins
USDA ARS Tropical Agriculture Research Station, 2200 Ave, P A Campos, Ste 201, Mayagüez 00680, Puerto Rico California Department of Food and Agriculture, Plant Health and Pest Prevention Services, 3294 Meadowview Rd, Sacramento, CA 95832
J Econ Entomol 108:1923-9. 2015Atemoya is a hybrid between Annona squamosa L. and Annona cherimola Miller (Annonaceae) and has potential to be an important fruit crop in tropical and subtropical areas...
- 3-Methyl-4,5-dihydro-oxepine, polyoxygenated seco-cyclohexenes and cyclohexenes from Uvaria flexuosa and their anti-inflammatory activityYu Ming Hsu
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Phytochemistry 122:184-92. 2016The phytochemical investigation of the methanolic extract of Uvaria flexuosa (Annonaceae) leaves led to the isolation of seven compounds including, 3-methyl-4,5-dihydro-oxepine (flexuvaroxepine A), four polyoxygenated seco-cyclohexene (..
- Induction of Mitochondria Mediated Apoptosis in Human Breast Cancer Cells (T-47D) by Annona reticulata L. Leaves Methanolic ExtractsPratiksha H Roham
a Centre for Advanced Life Sciences, Deogiri College, Aurangabad, India
Nutr Cancer 68:305-11. 2016Annona reticulata Linn. (Common name: Bullock's-heart) (Annonaceae family) is a semi-evergreen and small deciduous tree. The extracts of various parts of Annona reticulata L. have been reported as cytotoxic to many cancer cells...
- Metabolomics study on the toxicity of Annona squamosa by ultraperformance liquid-chromatography high-definition mass spectrometry coupled with pattern recognition approach and metabolic pathways analysisYun Jie Miao
Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Pharmaceutical Institute, Nanjing 210046, China Electronic address
J Ethnopharmacol 184:187-95. 2016Annona squamosa Linn (Annonaceae) is a commonly used and effective traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) especially in the South China...
- Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of the essential oils of Onychopetalum amazonicum R.E.FrBruna R de Lima
a Departamento de Química, Universidade Federal do Amazonas, Manaus, Brazil
Nat Prod Res 30:2356-9. 2016The essential oils from leaves, twigs and trunk bark of Onychopetalum amazonicum R.E. Fr. (Annonaceae), obtained by hydrodistillation, were analysed by GC and GC-MS, and also were evaluated for in vitro antimicrobial activity...
- Validation data for the quantification of the Annonaceous acetogenin annonacin in Rat brain by UPLC-MS/MSNatacha Bonneau
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie, BIOCIS, Univ Paris Sud, CNRS, Université Paris Saclay, UFR Pharmacie, 5 rue J B Clement, 92290 Chatenay Malabry, France
Data Brief 7:1633-8. 2016Annonaceous acetogenins (AAGs) are environmental neurotoxins from the fruit pulp of several Annonaceae species, whose consumption was linked to the occurrence of sporadic atypical Parkinsonism with dementia...
- Phylogenetic analyses and morphological characteristics support the description of a second species of Tridimeris (Annonaceae)Andrés Ernesto Ortiz-Rodriguez
Departamento de Biologia Evolutiva, Instituto de Ecologia A C, Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico
PhytoKeys . 2016..b>sp. n. (Annonaceae), a new species from the karst forest of southern Mexico, is described and illustrated...
- A convergent total synthesis of (-)-mucocin: an acetogenin from AnnonaceaeS Hoppen
Chemistry 6:2382-96. 2000..The new modular synthetic approach developed herein should be useful for the synthesis of other related natural products as well as pharmacologically interesting analogues...
- Antimicrobial and pesticidal activity of partially purified flavonoids of Annona squamosaHemlata M Kotkar
School of Life Sciences, North Maharashtra University, PB No 80, Jalgaon, India
Pest Manag Sci 58:33-7. 2002Foliar extracts of Annona squamosa (Family: Annonaceae) were screened for antimicrobial and insecticidal activity against the common microbial infestants of pulses and the stored grain pest pulse beetle, Callosobruchus chinensis (..
- Novel derivatives of ent-17,19-dihydroxy-16betaH-kaurane obtained by biotransformation with Verticillium lecaniiHenriete S Vieira
Departamento de Quimica, ICEx, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Avenida Antonio Carlos 6627, Pampulha 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
J Agric Food Chem 50:3704-7. 2002..hydroboration/oxidation of kaurenoic acid, a natural product easily isolated from plants of the genera Xylopia (Annonaceae) and Wedelia (Asteraceae)...
- Annonacin, a lipophilic inhibitor of mitochondrial complex I, induces nigral and striatal neurodegeneration in rats: possible relevance for atypical parkinsonism in GuadeloupePierre Champy
Experimental Neurology and Therapeutics, INSERM U289, Hopital de la Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Neurochem 88:63-9. 2004..Guadeloupe, epidemiological data have linked atypical parkinsonism with fruit and herbal teas from plants of the Annonaceae family, particularly Annona muricata...
- Antidiabetic activity of aqueous leaf extract of Annona squamosa in streptozotocin-nicotinamide type 2 diabetic ratsAnnie Shirwaikar
Department of Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal 576119, India
J Ethnopharmacol 91:171-5. 2004..b>Annonaceae) has antidiabetic properties was investigated...
- Atypical parkinsonism and Annonaceae consumption in New CaledoniaGilles Angibaud
Mov Disord 19:603-4. 2004
- In vitro antileishmanial activity of acetogenins from AnnonaceaeS Raynaud-Le Grandic
Laboratoire de Phytotechnologie, EA 2085, Faculte de Pharmacie, Université Picardie Jules Verne, 80037 Amiens, France
Biomed Pharmacother 58:388-92. 2004Twelve acetogenins from Annonaceae were evaluated in vitro for their antileishmanial activities in order to search for new lead-compounds having antileishmanial properties...
- Ethnobotanical study of some Ghanaian anti-malarial plantsAlex Asase
Department of Botany, University of Ghana, P O Box LG 55 Legon, Ghana
J Ethnopharmacol 99:273-9. 2005..b>Annonaceae), Ozoroa insignis (Anacardiaceae), Strychnos innocua (Loganiaceae), Strychnos spinosa (Loganiaceae) and ..
- Acetogenins in Annona muricata L. (annonaceae) leaves are potent molluscicidesJ De S Luna
Departamento de Quimica Fundamental, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, 50 740 901 Recife PE, Brazil
Nat Prod Res 20:253-7. 2006..49 microg mL(-1)). Activity-guided fractionation of the extract gave rise to a sample with high molluscicidal activity that contained the acetogenins, annonacin (90%), isoannonacin (6%) and goniothalamicin (4%)...
- Semisynthesis and screening of a small library of pro-apoptotic squamocin analogues: selection and study of a benzoquinone hybrid with an improved biological profileSéverine Derbré
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie Associé au CNRS BioCIS, UMR 8076, Universite Paris Sud 11, Centre d Etudes Pharmaceutiques, 5 Rue Jean Baptiste Clement, 92296 Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
ChemMedChem 1:118-29. 2006Acetogenins of Annonaceae, including squamocin (1), exert spectacular cytotoxicity and the most potent inhibition of NADH:ubiquinone oxidoreductase known so far...
- Biogenetic relationships between Annonaceous acetogenins: squamocin is not a precursor of chamuvarinin based on a semisynthetic studySéverine Derbré
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie Associé au CNRS BioCIS, UMR 8076, Universite Paris Sud 11, Faculte de Pharmacie, 5 Rue Jean Baptiste Clement, 92296 Chatenay Malabry Cedex, France
J Nat Prod 70:300-3. 2007In the course of reactivity studies on squamocin (1), a highly cytotoxic acetogenin from the plant family Annonaceae, two diastereomers, 3 and 4, of chamuvarinin (2) were synthesized...
- Total synthesis of (-)-cleistenolideBernd Schmidt
Institut fuer Chemie, Organische Synthesechemie, Universitaet Potsdam, Karl Liebknecht Strasse 24 25, D 14476 Golm, Germany
J Org Chem 75:2389-94. 2010The first total synthesis of Cleistenolide, a novel natural product recently isolated from the Annonaceae species Cleistochlamys kirkii Oliver, is described...
- Insights into the influence of priors in posterior mapping of discrete morphological characters: a case study in AnnonaceaeThomas L P Couvreur
The New York Botanical Garden, New York City, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10473. 2010..As for all Bayesian analyses specification of prior values is an integrative and important part of the analysis. He we provide an example of how alternative prior choices can seriously influence results and mislead interpretations...
- Tryptamine-derived alkaloids from Annonaceae exerting neurotrophin-like properties on primary dopaminergic neuronsFanny Schmidt
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie, UMR 8076 BioCIS, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite Paris Sud 11, 5 rue J B Clément 92296 Châtenay Malabry Cedex, France
Bioorg Med Chem 18:5103-13. 2010..This study provides the first description of natural neurotrophin mimetics present in Annonaceae extracts, and led to the biological characterization of compounds, which present a potential interest in ..
- Antitumor and antioxidant activity of Polyalthia longifolia stem bark ethanol extractSanthepete N Manjula
Department of Pharmacology, Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal, India
Pharm Biol 48:690-6. 2010In the present study, the ethanol extract of stem bark of Polyalthia longifolia Benth. and Hook (Annonaceae) was screened for its in vitro and in vivo antitumor activity. In vitro cytotoxicity of P...
- Ancient paralogy in the cpDNA trnL-F region in Annonaceae: implications for plant molecular systematicsMichael D Pirie
Nationaal Herbarium Nederland, Universiteit Utrecht branch, Heidelberglaan 2, 3584 CS Utrecht, Netherlands and Nationaal Herbarium Nederland, Wageningen Universiteit Branch, Generaal Foulkesweg 37, 6703 BL Wageningen, Netherlands
Am J Bot 94:1003-16. 2007..show that trnL-F sequences display a phylogenetic signal conflicting with that of other chloroplast markers in Annonaceae, and we demonstrate that this conflict results from ancient paralogy...
- Isolation of modulators of the liver-specific organic anion-transporting polypeptides (OATPs) 1B1 and 1B3 from Rollinia emarginata Schlecht (Annonaceae)Megan Roth
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 339:624-32. 2011..isolation approach to identify such compounds from the organic extract of Rollinia emarginata Schlecht (Annonaceae)...
- Inhibition of key enzymes linked to type 2 diabetes and sodium nitroprusside-induced lipid peroxidation in rat pancreas by water extractable phytochemicals from some tropical spicesStephen Adeniyi Adefegha
Department of Biochemistry, School of Sciences, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria
Pharm Biol 50:857-65. 2012....
- Chemopreventive potential of Annona muricata L leaves on chemically-induced skin papillomagenesis in miceSulaiman Hamizah
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:2533-9. 2012Annona muricata L (Annonaceae), commonly known as soursop has a long, rich history in herbal medicine with a lengthy recorded indigenous use. It had also been found to be a promising new anti-tumor agent in numerous in vitro studies...
- HPLC Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Ten Annonaceous Acetogenins after Supercritical Fluid CO2 ExtractionHaijun Yang
Department of Pharmacy, College of Jiangsu Jiankang Profession, Nanjing, P R China
Int J Biomed Sci 6:202-7. 2010Annonaceous acetogenins (ACGs) isolated from Annonaceae plants exhibited a broad range of biological bioactivities such as cytotoxic, antitumoral, antiparasitic, pesticidal and immunosuppresive activities...
- Chemical composition and anti-Trypanosoma cruzi activity of essential oils obtained from leaves of Xylopia frutescens and X. laevigata (Annonaceae)Thanany Brasil da Silva
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal de Sergipe, Sao Cristovao, Sergipe 49100 000, Brazil
Nat Prod Commun 8:403-6. 2013..cruzi, respectively, and were also able to reduce the percentage in vitro of T. cruzi-infected macrophages and the intracellular number of amastigotes at concentrations that were non-cytotoxic to macrophages...
- Aqueous ethanol extract of the fruit of Xylopia aethiopica (Annonaceae) exhibits anti-anaphylactic and anti-inflammatory actions in miceDavid D Obiri
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana
J Ethnopharmacol 148:940-5. 2013..Aim of the study is to evaluate the anti-anaphylactic and anti-inflammatory effects of a 70% aqueous ethanol extract of the fruits of Xylopia aethiopica...
- Volatile oil from striped African pepper (Xylopia parviflora, Annonaceae) possesses notable chemopreventive, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial potentialVerlaine Woguem
Laboratory of Environmental and Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Dschang, P O Box 183, Dschang, Cameroon Laboratory of Biochemistry of Medicinal Plants, Food Science and Nutrition, Faculty of Science, University of Dschang, P O BOX 67, Dschang, Cameroon
Food Chem 149:183-9. 2014..7 macrophages treated with the oil, revealing a promising anti-inflammatory potential. The essential oil showed a measurable antimicrobial activity against all the species tested, while the radical scavenging activity was low. ..
- Reassessing morphological homologies in the early-divergent angiosperm Fenerivia (annonaceae) based on floral vascular anatomy: significance for interpreting putative homeotic mutationsBine Xue
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
PLoS ONE 8:e81923. 2013Fenerivia species (Annonaceae) are characterized by a prominent flange immediately below the perianth, which has been interpreted as synapomorphic for the genus...
- Purification and characterization of a lectin from Annona coriacea seedsMirela B Coelho
Departmento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Biologia, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brazil
Protein Pept Lett 10:165-73. 2003A novel lectin, denominated ACLEC, was isolated from Annona coriacea seeds, belonging to the Annonaceae family. The lectin presented one protein band in SDS-PAGE of 14 kDa...
- An eudesmane glycoside from Fissistigma pallensT T Thuy
Institute of Chemistry, Vietnamese Academy of Science and Technology, Cau Giay, Hanoi, Vietnam
Pharmazie 61:570-1. 2006From Fissistigma pallens (Fin. & Gagn.) Merr. (Annonaceae), a Vietnamese folk medicinal plant, a novel eudesmane glycoside named fissispallin (1) has been isolated, besides afzelin...
- Molecular Targets of Novel Antifungal CompoundsAmeeta Agarwal; Fiscal Year: 2008..This work will provide a starting point in the development of new antifungal therapies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..