Genomes and Genes
Alias: Cyphomandra, Cyphomandra Mart. ex Sendtn., Solanum L.
Publications339 found, 100 shown here
- Mycological and electron microscopic study of Solanum chrysotrichum saponin SC-2 antifungal activity on Candida species of medical significanceArmando Herrera-Arellano
Centro de Investigacion Biomedica del Sur, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social IMSS, Xochitepec, Morelos, Mexico
Planta Med 73:1568-73. 2007b>Solanum chrysotrichum is utilized in traditional Mexican medicine for the treatment of mycotic skin infections. Several microbiological studies have provided evidence of its antifungal activity against dermatophytes and yeasts. S...
- Clinical and mycological evaluation of therapeutic effectiveness of Solanum chrysotrichum standardized extract on patients with Pityriasis capitis (dandruff). A double blind and randomized clinical trial controlled with ketoconazoleArmando Herrera-Arellano
Centro de Investigacion Biomedica del Sur, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Argentina 1, Xochitepec, Morelos, México 62790
Planta Med 70:483-8. 2004..It has been demonstrated that the extract obtained from leaves of the plant Solanum chrysotrichum possesses biological activity against dermatophytes and yeast...
- Phytoremediation potentials of selected tropical plants for ethidium bromideRaynato B Uera
Environmental Management Department, Institute of Graduate Studies, Central Luzon State University, Science City of Munoz, Nueva Ecija, Philippines 3120
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 14:505-9. 2007..Phytoremediation requires somewhat limited resources and very useful in treating wide variety of environmental contaminants. This study aimed to assess the potential of selected tropical plants as phytoremediators of EtBr...
- [Chemical composition of essential oils from leaves of Helicteres guazumifolia (Sterculiaceae), Piper tuberculatum (Piperaceae), Scoparia dulcis (Arecaceae) and Solanum subinerme (Solanaceae) from Sucre, Venezuela]Gabriel Ordaz
Departamento de Ciencias, Sección de Química, Núcleo de Monagas, Universidad de Oriente, Maturín 6201, Estado Monagas, Venezuela
Rev Biol Trop 59:585-95. 2011..Leaves from Helicteres guazumifolia, Piper tuberculatum, Scoparia dulcis and Solanum subinerme were collected and their essential oils were obtained by means of hydro-distillation...
- Construction of two BAC libraries from the wild Mexican diploid potato, Solanum pinnatisectum, and the identification of clones near the late blight and Colorado potato beetle resistance lociQ Chen
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Lethbridge Research Centre, PO Box 3000, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4B1, Canada
Theor Appl Genet 108:1002-9. 2004..artificial chromosome (BAC) libraries were constructed from genomic DNA of the Mexican wild diploid species, Solanum pinnatisectum, which carries high levels of resistance to the most important potato pathogen and pest, the late ..
- Host use of Bactrocera latifrons, a new invasive tephritid species in TanzaniaHendry A Mziray
Department of Crop Science and Production, Sokoine University of Agriculture, Morogoro, Tanzania
J Econ Entomol 103:70-6. 2010..latifrons of which four are new host records: Capsicum annuum L. cov. longum A. DC., Capsicum chinense Jacq., Solanum sodomeum L., and Solanum scabrum Mill...
- Analysis of 90 Mb of the potato genome reveals conservation of gene structures and order with tomato but divergence in repetitive sequence compositionWei Zhu
Department of Plant Biology, Michigan State University, 166 Plant Biology Building, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
BMC Genomics 9:286. 2008The Solanaceae family contains a number of important crop species including potato (Solanum tuberosum) which is grown for its underground storage organ known as a tuber...
- Isolation and characterization of hydroxyproline-rich glycopeptide signals in black nightshade leavesGregory Pearce
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6340, USA
Plant Physiol 150:1422-33. 2009..a preprohydroxyproline-rich systemin, SnpreproHypSys, was identified from the leaves of black nightshade (Solanum nigrum), which is a member of a small gene family of at least three genes that have orthologs in tobacco (..
- Ploidy manipulation of the gametophyte, endosperm and sporophyte in nature and for crop improvement: a tribute to Professor Stanley J. Peloquin (1921-2008)Rodomiro Ortiz
International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center CIMMYT, Apdo Postal 6 641, 06600 Mexico, D F, Mexico
Ann Bot 104:795-807. 2009..five decades, Dr Peloquin merged basic research in plant reproduction, cytology, cytogenetics, genetics, potato (Solanum tuberosum) improvement and education at the University of Wisconsin-Madison...
- The SOL Genomics Network: a comparative resource for Solanaceae biology and beyondLukas A Mueller
Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Plant Physiol 138:1310-7. 2005..resource for the plants of the Solanaceae family, which includes important crop and model plants such as potato (Solanum tuberosum), eggplant (Solanum melongena), pepper (Capsicum annuum), and tomato (Solanum lycopersicum)...
- Potato (Solanum tuberosum L. cv. Gogu valley) protein as a novel antimicrobial agent in weanling pigsZ Jin
Division of Animal Resources Science, Research Centre for Proteineous Materials, Chosun University, Kwangju, Republic of Korea
J Anim Sci 86:1562-72. 2008..Potato protein was extracted from a value-added type of the new potato variety, Solanum tuberosum L. cv. Gogu valley, and was shown to have a minimum inhibitory concentration of 300 to 500 mug/mL...
- Transcriptomic and reverse genetic analyses of branched-chain fatty acid and acyl sugar production in Solanum pennellii and Nicotiana benthamianaStephen P Slocombe
Department of Biology, Area 7, University of York, York YO10 5YW, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 148:1830-46. 2008..proposed: (1) fatty acid synthase-mediated two-carbon elongation in the high acyl sugar-producing tomato species Solanum pennellii and Datura metel; and (2) alpha-keto acid elongation-mediated one-carbon increments in several tobacco (..
- Laboratory assessment of the molluscicidal and cercaricidal activities of the Egyptian weed, Solanum nigrum LA H Ahmed
Institute of Research for Tropical Medicine, General Organization for Teaching Hospitals and Institutes, Cairo, Egypt
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 91:931-7. 1997The molluscicidal properties of Solanum nigrum L...
- A metabolomics study of cultivated potato (Solanum tuberosum) groups Andigena, Phureja, Stenotomum, and tuberosum using gas chromatography-mass spectrometryGary Dobson
Scottish Crop Research Institute, Invergowrie, Dundee DD2 5DA, Scotland, UK
J Agric Food Chem 58:1214-23. 2010..in tubers of genotypes belonging to groups Andigena, Phureja, Stenotomum, and Tuberosum of the potato, Solanum tuberosum...
- Intake, growth and carcass yield of indigenous goats fed market wastes of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) vines and scarlet eggplant (Solanum aethiopicum)C B Katongole
Department of Animal Science, Makerere University, P O Box 7062, Kampala, Uganda
Trop Anim Health Prod 41:1623-31. 2009..goats fed basal diets of market wastes of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) vines (SPV) and scarlet eggplant (Solanum aethiopicum) (SEP) were examined in two experiments...
- Development of a real-time PCR method for the differential detection and quantification of four solanaceae in GMO analysis: potato (Solanum tuberosum), tomato (Solanum lycopersicum), eggplant (Solanum melongena), and pepper (Capsicum annuum)Maher Chaouachi
Unité Etude du Polymorphisme des Génomes Végétaux EPGV UR1279, Centre National de Génotypage CNG, 2 rue Gaston Crémieux 91057, CP5721, Evry Cedex, France
J Agric Food Chem 56:1818-28. 2008..primers were designed for the detection, quantification, and differentiation of four Solanaceae: potato (Solanum tuberosum), tomato (Solanum lycopersicum), pepper (Capsicum annuum), and eggplant (Solanum melongena)...
- Weed management in Solanaceae crops in PortugalM Júlia Afonso
Direcção Geral de Agricultura e Desenvolvimento Rural, Quinta do Marquês PT 2780 155 Oeiras, Portugal
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 73:919-27. 2008..Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Miller.), potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) and pepper (Capsicum annuum L...
- Effect of the leafy vegetable Solanum nigrum on the activities of some liver drug-metabolizing enzymes after aflatoxin B1 treatment in female ratsP F Moundipa
Laboratoire de Biochimie, , , Cameroun
Br J Nutr 65:81-91. 1991Wistar albino female rats were maintained for 10 d on diets containing various levels of the vegetable Solanum nigrum. Simultaneously, they received daily intraperitoneal injections of aflatoxin B1 (AFB1) (either 0.2 or 0...
- Decreased sucrose content triggers starch breakdown and respiration in stored potato tubers (Solanum tuberosum)Mohammad Reza Hajirezaei
Institut fur Pflanzengenetik und Kulturpflanzenforschung, Corrensstrasse 3, D 06466 Gatersleben, Germany
J Exp Bot 54:477-88. 2003..ratio within phloem cells, yeast-derived cytosolic invertase was expressed in transgenic potato (Solanum tuberosum cv. Desirée) plants under control of the rolC promoter...
- Combining engineered resistance, avidin, and natural resistance derived from Solanum chacoense bitter to control Colorado potato beetle (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae)Susannah G Cooper
Department of Crop and Soil Sciences, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Econ Entomol 102:1270-80. 2009..Leptinotarsa decemlineata (Say) (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae), is the most destructive insect pest of potato, Solanum tuberosum (L.), in North America...
- Unilateral incompatibility in Capsicum (Solanaceae): occurrence and taxonomic distributionA Naci Onus
Department of Horticulture, Faculty of Agriculture, Akdeniz University, 07059 Antalya, Turkey
Ann Bot 94:289-95. 2004..and all those which have been studied most intensively, are found in the Solanaceae, particularly Lycopersicon, Solanum, Nicotiana and Petunia...
- Mechanism and control of Solanum lycocarpum seed germinationLilian V A Pinto
Escola Agrotécnica Federal de Inconfidentes CEP 37 576 000 Inconfidentes, MG, Brasil
Ann Bot 100:1175-87. 2007..The present study aimed to compare the seed morphology and the physiology of germination of Solanum lycocarpum, an important species native to the Brazilian Cerrado, with two species with endospermic seeds, tomato ..
- Anti-ulcerogenic properties of the aqueous and methanol extracts from the leaves of Solanum torvum Swartz (Solanaceae) in ratsTélesphore B Nguelefack
Laboratoire de Physiologie Animale et de Phytopharmacologie, Faculte des Sciences, BP 67, Université de Dschang, Cameroun
J Ethnopharmacol 119:135-40. 2008b>Solanum torvum (Solanaceae) is a plant currently used in Cameroon ethnomedicine for the treatment of stomach ailments.
- Salicylic acid improves acclimation to salt stress by stimulating abscisic aldehyde oxidase activity and abscisic acid accumulation, and increases Na+ content in leaves without toxicity symptoms in Solanum lycopersicum LAgnes Szepesi
Department of Plant Biology, University of Szeged, H 6701 Szeged, Kozepfasor 52, P O Box 654, Hungary
J Plant Physiol 166:914-25. 2009..salicylic acid (SA) in hydroponic culture medium provided protection against salinity stress in tomato plants (Solanum lycopersicum L. cv. Rio Fuego)...
- Susceptibility of cariogenic Streptococcus mutans to extracts of Garcinia kola, Hibiscus sabdariffa, and Solanum americanumO C Afolabi
School of Dentistry, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Nigeria
West Afr J Med 27:230-3. 2008..Avariety of plants with potent activity are known to be used in indigenous communities for dental hygiene worldwide...
- Do potatoes and tomatoes have a single evolutionary history, and what proportion of the genome supports this history?Flor Rodriguez
USDA, Agricultural Research Service Department of Horticulture, 1575 Linden Drive, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706 1590, USA
BMC Evol Biol 9:191. 2009..of conserved orthologous set (COSII) nuclear loci to elucidate the phylogenetic relationships among 29 diploid Solanum species in the sister clades that include tomato and potato, and in Datura inoxia as a far outgroup...
- Effect of polyphenolic compounds from Solanum torvum on plasma lipid peroxidation, superoxide anion and cytochrome P450 2E1 in human liver microsomesWinthana Kusirisin
Department of Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Med Chem 5:583-8. 2009..We investigated the effect of Solanum torvum (ST) extracts on the inhibition of CYP2E1 activity in human liver microsomes...
- Tagging QTLs for late blight resistance and plant maturity from diploid wild relatives in a cultivated potato (Solanum tuberosum) backgroundJ Sliwka
Research Centre Młochów, Plant Breeding and Acclimatization Institute, Platanowa 19, 05 831, Mlochow, Poland
Theor Appl Genet 115:101-12. 2007..The use of diploid Solanum tuberosum derived from European tetraploid cultivars enabled the introgression of novel genes encoding foliage ..
- Enhancing sucrose synthase activity in transgenic potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) tubers results in increased levels of starch, ADPglucose and UDPglucose and total yieldEdurne Baroja-Fernandez
Instituto de Agrobiotecnología CSIC UPNA Gobierno de Navarra, Mutiloako etorbidea z g, Nafarroa, Spain
Plant Cell Physiol 50:1651-62. 2009..To determine the impact of SuSy activity in starch metabolism and yield in potato (Solanum tuberosum L...
- Effect of nitrogen and water treatment on leaf chemistry in horsenettle (Solanum carolinense), and relationship to herbivory by flea beetles (Epitrix spp.) and tobacco hornworm (Manduca sexta)Martin L Cipollini
Department of Biology, 430 Berry College, Mount Berry, Georgia 30149, USA
J Chem Ecol 28:2377-98. 2002We studied the interaction between plants (horsenettle; Solanum carolinense) and herbivorous insects (flea beetles; Epitrix spp...
- Endogenous pararetroviral sequences in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) and related speciesChristina Staginnus
Gregor Mendel Institute of Plant Molecular Biology GMI, Wien, Austria
BMC Plant Biol 7:24. 2007..tabacum (tobacco) and Solanum tuberosum (potato). Here we describe a family of EPRVs in cultivated tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L...
- ISSR and isozyme characterization of androgenetic dihaploids reveals tetrasomic inheritance in tetraploid somatic hybrids between Solanum melongena and Solanum aethiopicum group GiloLaura Toppino
CRA ORL, Research Unit for Vegetable Crops, Via Paullese 28, I 26836 Montanaso Lombardo, Italy
J Hered 99:304-15. 2008Gene exchanges between Solanum melongena and its allied relative Solanum aethiopicum are a crucial prerequisite for introgression of useful traits from the allied species into the cultivated eggplant...
- Distribution of glycoalkaloids in potato tubers of 59 accessions of two wild and five cultivated Solanum speciesNobuyuki Kozukue
Department of Food Service Industry, Uiduk University, 780 713 Gangdong, Gyeongju, Gyongbuk, Republic of Korea
J Agric Food Chem 56:11920-8. 2008..The most common potato, Solanum tuberosum, contains primarily the glycoalkaloids, alpha-solanine and alpha-chaconine...
- Solanum nigrum L. extract inhibits 2-acetylaminofluorene-induced hepatocarcinogenesis through overexpression of glutathione S-transferase and antioxidant enzymesJeng Dong Hsu
Department of Pathology, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 57:8628-34. 2009b>Solanum nigrum L. (SN) is a widespread plant and is regarded as a common relish in the east and the south of Taiwan. Our previous study has found that SN water extract (SNWE) alleviated carbon tetrachloride-induced liver damage in rats...
- Cadmium-induced oxidative damage and protective effects of N-acetyl-L-cysteine against cadmium toxicity in Solanum nigrum LXiaopeng Deng
College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Agricultural University, Weigang 1, Nanjing 210095, China
J Hazard Mater 180:722-9. 2010..of cadmium (Cd) on the accumulation of hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2)) and antioxidant enzyme activities in roots of Solanum nigrum L...
- Mosquito larvicidal activities of Solanum villosum berry extract against the dengue vector Stegomyia aegyptiNandita Chowdhury
Mosquito and Microbiology Research Units, Parasitology Laboratory, Department of Zoology, Burdwan University, West Bengal, India
BMC Complement Altern Med 8:10. 2008..b>Solanum villosum is a common weed distributed in many parts of India with medicinal properties, but the larvicidal ..
- Cancer-preventive peptide lunasin from Solanum nigrum L. inhibits acetylation of core histones H3 and H4 and phosphorylation of retinoblastoma protein (Rb)Jin Boo Jeong
School of Bioresources Sciences, Andong National University, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 55:10707-13. 2007..herbal medicines and in search for new sources of lunasin, we report here the properties of lunasin from Solanum nigrum L. (SNL), a plant indigenous to northeast Asia...
- Molluscicidal and antiparasitic activity of Solanum nigrum villosum against Galba truncatula infected or uninfected with Fasciola hepaticaH Hammami
Fungal and Parasitic Molecular Biology Laboratory, Faculty of Medicine, Sfax, Tunisia
J Helminthol 82:235-9. 2008The present study was based on assessments of the molluscicidal and antiparasitic activities of Solanum nigrum villosum. This plant has been collected in Tozeur's traditional oases (south-western Tunisia)...
- Chemical composition of Solanum nigrum linn extract and induction of autophagy by leaf water extract and its major flavonoids in AU565 breast cancer cellsHsiu Chen Huang
Graduate Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Agric Food Chem 58:8699-708. 2010b>Solanum nigrum Linn (SN) belongs to the Solanaceae family, is a plant growing widely in south Asia, and has been used in traditional folk medicine. It is believed to have antipyretic, diuretic, anticancer, and hepatoprotective effects...
- Inhibitory effect of Solanum nigrum on thioacetamide-induced liver fibrosis in miceChang Chi Hsieh
Department of Animal Science and Biotechnology, Tunghai University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Ethnopharmacol 119:117-21. 2008b>Solanum nigrum (Solanaceae) has been used in traditional folk medicine for its hepatoprotective agent...
- Aqueous extract of Solanum nigrum inhibit growth of cervical carcinoma (U14) via modulating immune response of tumor bearing mice and inducing apoptosis of tumor cellsJian Li
College of Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Yanshan University, Qinhuangdao, Hebei Province 066004, Peoples Republic of China
Fitoterapia 79:548-56. 2008To explore the antitumor activity of aqueous extract of Solanum nigrum (SNL-AE) and its possible mechanism, we examined the effects of SNL-AE on the tumor growth in vivo, the number of CD4+, CD8+ T lymphocyte subsets of peripheral blood ..
- Complete chloroplast genome sequences of Solanum bulbocastanum, Solanum lycopersicum and comparative analyses with other Solanaceae genomesHenry Daniell
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Biomolecular Science, University of Central Florida, 4000 Central Florida Blvd, Bldg 20, Room 336, Orlando, FL 32816 2364, USA
Theor Appl Genet 112:1503-18. 2006..It is possible that there has been a loss of conserved editing sites in potato and tomato...
- Andean potato cultivars (Solanum tuberosum L.) as a source of antioxidant and mineral micronutrientsChristelle M Andre
Institut des Sciences de la Vie, Universite Catholique de Louvain, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Agric Food Chem 55:366-78. 2007..A genetically diverse sample of Solanum tuberosum L...
- Oxidative stress and antioxidants in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) plants subjected to boron toxicityLuis M Cervilla
Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
Ann Bot 100:747-56. 2007..The objective of this study was to analyse how ascorbate and some other components of the antioxidant network respond to B toxicity...
- Hormonal changes during salinity-induced leaf senescence in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.)Michel Edmond Ghanem
Groupe de Recherche en Physiologie Végétale, Universite Catholique de Louvain UCL, Croix du Sud 5, boîte 13, B 1348 Louvain la Neuve, Belgium
J Exp Bot 59:3039-50. 2008..g. Na+) and changes in leaf hormone relations are involved in the regulation of this process. Tomato plants (Solanum lycopersicum L...
- Effects of anthocyanin-rich purple potato flakes on antioxidant status in F344 rats fed a cholesterol-rich dietKyu Ho Han
Department of Agriculture and Life Science, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Hokkaido 080 8555, Japan
Br J Nutr 98:914-21. 2007We examined the antioxidant effects of polyphenol/anthocyanin-rich potato (Solanum tuberosum cv. Shadow-Queen) flakes in male rats fed a high-cholesterol diet. The rats were served either a high-cholesterol (0.5% cholesterol plus 0...
- Performance of growing indigenous goats fed diets based on urban market crop wastesC B Katongole
Department of Animal Science, Makerere University, P O Box 7062, Kampala, Uganda
Trop Anim Health Prod 41:329-36. 2009..effect of feeding diets including market crop wastes (sweet potato vines (Ipomoea batatas) and scarlet eggplant (Solanum aethiopicum)) on growth and digestibility was studied using 32 indigenous intact growing male goats...
- Application of indoxacarb for managing shoot and fruit borer of eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) and its decontaminationJayakrishnan Saimandir
Department of Entomology, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center Ohio State University, Wooster, Ohio, USA
J Environ Sci Health B 44:292-301. 2009Indoxacarb was applied at 75 and 150 g a.i. ha(-1) for two years to an eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) crop grown in the field plots in order to evaluate its efficacy for management of the lepidopteron pest, shoot and fruit borer...
- Anticonvulsant activity of solasodine isolated from Solanum sisymbriifolium fruits in rodentsKinjal Chauhan
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Pharm Biol 49:194-9. 2011b>Solanum sisymbriifolium Lam. (Solanaceae), commonly known as sticky nightshade, is traditionally used for central nervous system (CNS) disorders...
- Resistance to Phytophthora infestans in somatic hybrids of Solanum nigrum L. and diploid potatoE Zimnoch-Guzowska
Plant Breeding and Acclimatization Institute IHAR, Młochów Research Center, 05 831 Młochów, Poland
Theor Appl Genet 107:43-8. 2003..important disease affecting potatoes, the search for new sources of durable resistance includes the non-host wild Solanum species. The aim of this work was to evaluate the resistance to P. infestans in the somatic hybrids between S...
- Paneth cells: histochemical and morphometric study in control and Solanum glaucophyllum intoxicated rabbitsC N Zanuzzi
Institute of Pathology Prof Dr Bernardo Epstein, School of Veterinary Sciences, National University of La Plata, La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Eur J Histochem 52:93-100. 2008..b>Solanum glaucophyllum, a calcinogenic plant containing high levels of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3, is responsible for a ..
- Cytotoxic effects of Argentinean plant extracts on tumour and normal cell linesL Mamone
Centro de Investigaciones sobre Porfirinas y Porfirias CIPYP, CONICET and Hospital de Clínicas José de San Martín, University of Buenos Aires, Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 57:OL1487-99. 2011..Collaea argentina leaf, Iochroma australe leaf, Ipomoea bonariensis flower, Jacaranda mimosifolia flower, Solanum amygdalifolium flower, Solanum chacoense leaf, Solanum sisymbriifolium flower and Solanum verbascifolium flower...
- Divergent regulation of terpenoid metabolism in the trichomes of wild and cultivated tomato speciesKatrin Besser
Center for Novel Agricultural Products, Department of Biology, University of York, York YO10 5YW, United Kingdom
Plant Physiol 149:499-514. 2009..biochemical and molecular mechanisms that underlie the divergence in trichome metabolism between the wild species Solanum habrochaites LA1777 and its cultivated relative, Solanum lycopersicum...
- Novel somatic hybrids (Solanum tuberosum L.+Solanum tarnii) and their fertile BC1 progenies express extreme resistance to potato virus Y and late blightRamona Thieme
Julius Kuehn Institute, Federal Research Centre for Cultivated Plants, Institute for Breeding Research on Agricultural Crops, Erwin Baur Str 27, 06484, Quedlinburg, Germany
Theor Appl Genet 116:691-700. 2008b>Solanum tarnii, a wild diploid, tuber-bearing Mexican species belonging to the series Pinnatisecta is highly resistant to Potato virus Y (PVY) and Colorado potato beetle and shows a strong hypersensitive reaction to Phytophthora ..
- [Effects of hydroxyapatite on growth and quality of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) in Cd polluted soil]Yong Song
College of Horticulture, Hunan Agricultural University, Changsha 410128, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 31:2240-7. 2010..in a glasshouse to study effects of hydroxyapatite amending Cd polluted soil on growth and quality of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.)...
- Spirosolane-containing Solanum species and induction of congenital craniofacial malformationsR F Keeler
United States Department of Agriculture, Poisonous Plant Research Laboratory, Logan, UT 84321
Toxicon 28:873-84. 1990Comparison by GC analysis of purified alkaloid extracts of Solanum species revealed no measurable free solasodine, other spirosolanes, or any non-spirosolane steroidal alkaloid aglycones in unhydrolyzed total alkaloid fractions of fruit ..
- Myzus persicae is arrested more by blends than by individual compounds elevated in headspace of PLRV-infected potatoEsther Ngumbi
Department of Plant, Soil and Entomological Sciences, University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho 83844 2339, USA
J Chem Ecol 33:1733-47. 2007Volatiles from potato plants (Solanum tuberosum L...
- Effects of steroidal glycoalkaloids from potatoes (Solanum tuberosum) on in vitro bovine embryo developmentS Wang
US Sheep Experiment Station, USDA ARS, Dubois, ID 83423, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 85:243-50. 2005alpha-Solanine and alpha-chaconine are two naturally occurring steroidal glycoalkaloids in potatoes (Solanum tuberosum), and solanidine-N-oxide is a corresponding steroidal aglycone...
- Antiulcerogenic and ulcer healing effects of Solanum nigrum (L.) on experimental ulcer models: possible mechanism for the inhibition of acid formationMallika Jainu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600025, Tamil Nadu, India
J Ethnopharmacol 104:156-63. 2006b>Solanum nigrum, an herbal plant which is recommended in ayurveda for the management of gastric ulcers...
- Examination of resistance of potato genotypes to Erwinia sspMónika Kállai
University of Pannonia, Georgikon Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Plant Science and Biotechnology, H 8360, Keszthely, Deak F Str 16, Hungary
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 72:813-7. 2007..In the experiments back cross progenies (BC1, BC2, BC3 and BC4) of Solanum brevidens + Solanum tuberosum somatic hybrids produced by the Potato Research Centre, Keszthely were tested to ..
- A QTL that confers resistance to Colorado potato beetle (Leptinotarsa decemlineata [Say]) in tetraploid potato populations segregating for leptineBoris Sagredo
Instituto de Investigaciones Agropecuarias INIA, CRI Rayentué, Casilla 13, Rengo, Chile
Theor Appl Genet 119:1171-81. 2009Genetic resistance to Colorado potato beetle (Leptinotarsa decemlineata [Say]) from Solanum chacoense has been incorporated in the tetraploid potato selection, ND4382-19, which is highly resistant and contains moderate level of foliar ..
- Accumulation, functional annotation, and comparative analysis of expressed sequence tags in eggplant (Solanum melongena L.), the third pole of the genus Solanum species after tomato and potatoHiroyuki Fukuoka
National Institute of Vegetable and Tea Science, NARO, Ano, Tsu, Mie 514 2392, Japan
Gene 450:76-84. 2010Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) is a widely grown vegetable crop that belongs to the genus Solanum, which is comprised of more than 1000 species of wide genetic and phenotypic variation...
- Biochemical and molecular analysis of pink tomatoes: deregulated expression of the gene encoding transcription factor SlMYB12 leads to pink tomato fruit colorAna Rosa Ballester
Plant Research International, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 152:71-84. 2010..Phenotypic analysis of an introgression line (IL) population derived from a cross between Solanum lycopersicum 'Moneyberg' and the wild species Solanum chmielewskii revealed three ILs with a pink fruit color...
- Studies on the toxicological effect of the aqueous extract of the fresh, dried and boiled berries of Solanum aculeastrum Dunal in male Wistar ratsOm Aboyade
Department of Botany, University of Fort Hare, Alice 5700, South Africa
Hum Exp Toxicol 28:765-75. 2009The toxicological effect of the aqueous extract of fresh, dried and boiled berries of Solanum aculeastrum Dunal at 1, 10 and 25 mg/kg body weight was investigated in male Wistar rats for 28 days...
- Evaluation of larvicidal efficacy of Solanum xanthocarpum storage against vector mosquitoes in north - western RajasthanS K Bansal
Desert Medicine Research Centre ICMR, New Pali Road, Jodhpur 342 005, India
J Environ Biol 30:883-8. 2009Efficacy of the methanol extracts from fruits without seeds, whole yellow ripe fruits and seeds of the plant Solanum xanthocarpum was evaluated against larvae of Anopheles culicifacies, Anopheles stephensi, Aedes aegypti and Culex ..
- Expression of thymosin alpha1 concatemer in transgenic tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) fruitsYuhui Chen
Plant Biotechnology Research Center, Fudan Shanghai Jiao Tong University Nottingham Plant Biotechnology R and D Center, School of Agriculture and Biology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, People s Republic of China
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 52:303-12. 2009..reverse transcription-PCR) analysis showed that the 4 x Talpha1 gene was transcribed specifically in tomato [Solanum lycopersicum (formerly Lycopersicon esculentum)] fruits...
- cDNA cloning and expression of potato polyphenol oxidaseM D Hunt
Department of Plant Breeding and Biometry, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
Plant Mol Biol 21:59-68. 1993..We report the cloning of two PPO cDNAs from Solanum tuberosum leaves...
- Antisense repression of hexokinase 1 leads to an overaccumulation of starch in leaves of transgenic potato plants but not to significant changes in tuber carbohydrate metabolismJ Veramendi
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Karl Liebknecht Strasse 25, 14476 Golm, Germany
Plant Physiol 121:123-34. 1999Potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) plants transformed with sense and antisense constructs of a cDNA encoding the potato hexokinase 1 (StHK1) exhibited altered enzyme activities and expression of StHK1 mRNA...
- Early physiological and cytological events induced by wounding in potato tuberA A Fabbri
Dipartimento Biologia Vegetale, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Exp Bot 51:1267-75. 2000The response of potato tuber (Solanum tuberosum L. cv. Kennebec) to mechanical wounding was investigated at different times...
- Susceptibility of Biomphalaria alexandrina to infection with Schistosoma mansoni: correlation with the activity of certain glycolytic enzymesA El-Ansary
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, National Research Centre, Dokki, Giza, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 30:547-60. 2000..Effect of LC25 of Solanum nigrum leaves dry powder as plant molluscicide on HK, PK and GPI were tested...
- Profiles of pyrimidine biosynthesis, salvage and degradation in disks of potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) tubersRiko Katahira
Department of Advanced Bioscience, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Ochanomizu University, Tokyo, Japan
Planta 215:821-8. 2002In order to obtain general metabolic profiles of pyrimidine ribo- and deoxyribonucleotides in potato (Solanum tuberosum L...
- Pollen performance before and during the autotrophic-heterotrophic transition of pollen tube growthAndrew G Stephenson
Department of Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 358:1009-18. 2003..In a study of a weedy SI species, Solanum carolinense, we found that the ability of the styles to arrest self-pollen tubes at the autotrophic-heterotrophic ..
- Influence of near null magnetic field on in vitro growth of potato and wild Solanum speciesLenuta Rakosy-Tican
Department of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Biology and Geology, Babes Bolyai University Cluj Napoca, Romania
Bioelectromagnetics 26:548-57. 2005The influence of near null magnetic field on in vitro growth of different cultures of potato and related Solanum species was investigated for various exposure times and dates. Potato (Solanum tuberosum L. cv...
- A chromoplast-specific carotenoid biosynthesis pathway is revealed by cloning of the tomato white-flower locusNavot Galpaz
Department of Genetics, Alexander Silberman Life Sciences Institute, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, 91904 Israel
Plant Cell 18:1947-60. 2006..Wild-type tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) flowers are intensely yellow due to accumulation of the xanthophylls neoxanthin and violaxanthin...
- Proteomic analysis of shade-avoidance response in tomato leavesEmily Hattrup
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Department of Chemistry, and Bio5 Institute for Collaborative Bioresearch, The University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
J Agric Food Chem 55:8310-8. 2007The aim of this project was to investigate the molecular mechanisms of shade-avoidance response in tomato ( Solanum lycopersicum) plants...
- Downregulation of HER2/neu receptor by solamargine enhances anticancer drug-mediated cytotoxicity in breast cancer cells with high-expressing HER2/neuL Y Shiu
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Cell Biol Toxicol 24:1-10. 2008..Solamargine (SM), a glycoalkaloid purified from the herb Solanum incanum, exhibits HER2/neu gene modulation of HER2/neu high-expressing human breast cancer cell line ZR-75-1...
- A major QTL and an SSR marker associated with glycoalkaloid content in potato tubers from Solanum tuberosum x S. sparsipilum located on chromosome IKirsten Kørup Sørensen
Department of Agroecology and Environment, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, University of Aarhus, PO Box 50, 8830 Tjele, Denmark
Theor Appl Genet 117:1-9. 2008New potato (Solanum tuberosum) varieties are required to contain low levels of the toxic glycoalkaloids and a potential approach to obtain this is through marker-assisted selection (MAS)...
- A snapshot of the Chinese SOL ProjectChangbao Li
Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
J Genet Genomics 35:387-90. 2008..major effort of the SOL aimed to produce a DNA sequence map for euchromatin regions of 12 chromosomes of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) before 2010...
- Effect of cooking on the anthocyanins, phenolic acids, glycoalkaloids, and resistant starch content in two pigmented cultivars of Solanum tuberosum LNadia Mulinacci
Department of Pharmaceutical Science, University of Florence, Via Ugo Schiff 6, 50019 Sesto Fiorentino FI, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 56:11830-7. 2008HPLC/DAD/MS analysis of the phenolic acids and anthocyanin content of three cultivars of Solanum tuberosum L. (Vitelotte Noire, Highland Burgundy Red, with pigmented flesh, and Kennebec with white pulp) was performed...
- A test of taxonomic predictivity: resistance to the Colorado potato beetle in wild relatives of cultivated potatoS H Jansky
USDA ARS, Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Econ Entomol 102:422-31. 2009..undertaken a series of studies to determine whether we can predict the distribution of valuable genes in wild Solanum species based on taxonomic or biogeographic data. This is the third study in the series...
- Molecular characterization and pathogenicity of tomato yellow leaf curl virus in ChinaHui Zhang
Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology of Crop Pathogens and Insects of MOA, Institute of Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, People s Republic of China
Virus Genes 39:249-55. 2009..tabacum Samsun, N. glutinosa, Solanum lycopersicum, Petunia hybrida, Cucumis sativus, Gossypium hirsutum, S. melongena, and Capsicum annuum...
- A virus-induced gene silencing screen identifies a role for Thylakoid Formation1 in Pseudomonas syringae pv tomato symptom development in tomato and ArabidopsisTamding Wangdi
Plant Biology Division, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, Oklahoma 73401, USA
Plant Physiol 152:281-92. 2010Pseudomonas syringae pv tomato DC3000 (Pst DC3000), which causes disease in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) and Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana), produces coronatine (COR), a non-host-specific phytotoxin...
- The role of tobacco Aquaporin1 in improving water use efficiency, hydraulic conductivity, and yield production under salt stressNir Sade
Robert H Smith Institute of Plant Sciences and Genetics in Agriculture, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Plant Physiol 152:245-54. 2010..Expressing NtAQP1 in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) plants (TOM-NtAQP1) resulted in higher stomatal conductance, whole-plant transpiration, and A(N) ..
- Regulated ethylene insensitivity through the inducible expression of the Arabidopsis etr1-1 mutant ethylene receptor in tomatoDaniel R Gallie
Department of Biochemistry, University of California, Riverside, California 92521 0129, USA
Plant Physiol 152:1928-39. 2010..In this study, regulated expression of the Arabidopsis etr1-1 in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) was achieved using an inducible promoter...
- Evaluation of botanical extracts against Haemaphysalis bispinosa Neumann and Hippobosca maculata LeachAbdul Abduz Zahir
Unit of Nanotechnology and Bioactive Natural Products, Post Graduate and Research Department of Zoology, C Abdul Hakeem College, Melvisharam, Vellore District, Tamil Nadu, India
Parasitol Res 107:585-92. 2010..R. Br., Gloriosa superba L., Psidium guajava L., Ricinus communis L., and Solanum trilobatum L...
- Principal component analysis of hormone profiling data suggests an important role for cytokinins in regulating leaf growth and senescence of salinized tomatoAlfonso Albacete
CEBAS CSIC, Campus de Espinardo, Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
Plant Signal Behav 5:45-8. 2010..When tomato plants (cv Boludo F1) were grafted onto a recombinant inbred line (RIL) population derived from a Solanum lycopersicum x S...
- Exogenous methyl jasmonate diminishes the formation of lipid-derived compounds in boiled potato (Solanum tuberosum L.)Maria Luisa Ruiz del Castillo
Instituto de Fermentaciones Industriales, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Juan de la Cierva 3, E 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Sci Food Agric 90:2263-7. 2010..Methyl jasmonate (MJ) is a phytohormone capable of modifying plant and food composition. The aim of this work was to control the formation of off-flavours in different cultivars of raw potato during storage by MJ treatment...
- The structure of two CONSTANS-LIKE1 genes in potato and its wild relativesPolina E Drobyazina
Institute of Agricultural Biotechnology, Moscow, Russia
Gene 471:37-44. 2011..zinc fingers, CCT domain, and a variable middle region (MR) which corresponds to exon 2 in the COL1 genes of Solanum species. Solanum COL1 proteins are over 85% identical within the genus and about 50% similar to Arabidopsis CO...
- Functional gametophytic self-incompatibility in a peripheral population of Solanum peruvianum (Solanaceae)J S Miller
Department of Biology, Amherst College, MA, USA
Heredity (Edinb) 107:30-9. 2011..Geographically distinct populations of wild tomato species (Solanum section Lycopersicon (Solanaceae)) have been described as polymorphic for mating system with both self-..
- Energy efficiency and energy homeostasis as genetic and epigenetic components of plant performance and crop productivityMarc De Block
Bayer BioScience N V, Gent, Belgium
Curr Opin Plant Biol 14:275-82. 2011..Similar reports in the nineties largely confirmed this correlation in Solanum lycopersicum (tomato) and Cucumis sativus (cucumber)...
- Low-fluence red light increases the transport and biosynthesis of auxinXing Liu
Plant Biological Sciences Graduate Program, Department of Horticultural Science and Microbial and Plant Genomics Institute, University of Minnesota, St Paul, Minnesota 55108, USA
Plant Physiol 157:891-904. 2011..We found that light increased polar auxin transport in dark-grown Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) and tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) hypocotyls...
- Multiple alleles for resistance and susceptibility modulate the defense response in the interaction of tetraploid potato (Solanum tuberosum) with Synchytrium endobioticum pathotypes 1, 2, 6 and 18Agim Ballvora
Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Cologne, Germany
Theor Appl Genet 123:1281-92. 2011The obligate biotrophic, soil-borne fungus Synchytrium endobioticum causes wart disease of potato (Solanum tuberosum), which is a serious problem for crop production in countries with moderate climates. S...
- Dissipation pattern of flubendiamide in/on brinjal (Solanum melongena L.)Reenu Takkar
Department of Entomology, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana 141004, India
Environ Monit Assess 184:5077-83. 2012..05 mg kg(-1). An assessment of the total intake of flubendiamide resulting through the consumption of brinjal fruits and its comparison with acceptable daily intake seems to be quite safe from consumer point of view...
- Transfer of U, Al and Mn in the water-soil-plant (Solanum tuberosum L.) system near a former uranium mining area (Cunha Baixa, Portugal) and implications to human healthM O Neves
Centro de Petrologia e Geoquimica, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Universidade Tecnica de Lisboa TULisbon, Av Rovisco Pais 1049 001 Lisboa, Portugal
Sci Total Environ 416:156-63. 2012..The purpose of the study was to assess the effect of irrigation water quality on soil-potato (Solanum tuberosum L...
- Influence of repeated short-term nitrogen limitations on leaf phenolics metabolism in tomatoRomain Larbat
UMR 1121, Université de Lorraine INPL INRA Agronomie et Environnement Nancy Colmar, ENSAIA 2 avenue de la forêt de Haye, 54505 Vandœuvre Lès Nancy, France
Phytochemistry 77:119-28. 2012..Tomato plants (Solanum lycopersicum, cv. Pixie) were subjected to two successive 10-day N-limitation periods (0.15 mM NO(3)(-), 0...
- Molecular regulation of seed and fruit setYong Ling Ruan
Australia China Research Centre for Crop Improvement, The University of Newcastle, Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
Trends Plant Sci 17:656-65. 2012..The recently completed strawberry (Fragaria vesca) and tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) genomes have added to the existing crop databases, and new models are starting to be used in fruit ..
- Compositional and toxicological analysis of a GM potato line with reduced α-solanine content--a 90-day feeding study in the Syrian Golden hamsterSøren Langkilde
The National Food Institute, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2860 Soeborg, Denmark
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 64:177-85. 2012Steroidal glycoalkaloids (GAs) are toxins, produced by plants of the Solanaceae family. The potato plant (Solanum tuberosum L.) and its tubers predominantly contain the two GAs α-chaconine and α-solanine...
- A workflow for large-scale empirical identification of cell wall N-linked glycoproteins of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) fruit by tandem mass spectrometryTheodore W Thannhauser
Robert W Holley Center for Agriculture and Health, USDA ARS, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Electrophoresis 34:2417-31. 2013..The workflow reported is robust and capable of producing large amounts of empirical data involving N-linked glycosylation sites and their associated glycoforms. ..
- Architecture and evolution of a minute plant genomeEnrique Ibarra-Laclette
Laboratorio Nacional de Genómica para la Biodiversidad, Centro de Investigacion y de Estudios Avanzados del Instituto Politecnico Nacional, 36821 Irapuato, Guanajuato, Mexico
Nature 498:94-8. 2013..Unexpectedly, we identified at least three rounds of WGD in U. gibba since common ancestry with tomato (Solanum) and grape (Vitis). The compressed architecture of the U...
- A dominant mutation in the light-oxygen and voltage2 domain vicinity impairs phototropin1 signaling in tomatoSulabha Sharma
Repository of Tomato Genomics Resources, Department of Plant Sciences, School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 500046, India
Plant Physiol 164:2030-44. 2014..Here, we report the isolation and characterization of a Nonphototropic seedling1 (Nps1) mutant of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum)...
- Host-range dynamics of Cochliobolus lunatus: from a biocontrol agent to a severe environmental threatBengyella Louis
Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development IBSD, Takyelpat, Imphal, Manipur 795001, India Department of Biotechnology, The University of Burdwan, Golapbag More, West Bengal 713104, India Department of Biochemistry, University of Yaounde I, BP 812, Yaounde, Cameroon
Biomed Res Int 2014:378372. 2014..Potato (Solanum tuberosum L) farms were routinely surveyed for brown-to-black leaf spot disease caused by C. lunatus...
- Impact of cholinergic plant extracts on nociceptionERIC WIERTELAK; Fiscal Year: 2005..will be investigated include: Atropa belladonna, Datura Stramonium, Mandragoras officinarum, Hyoscyamos niger and Solanum nigrum; each have documented use for pain relief in folk medicine...
- REGULATION OF DEFENSE SIGNALING IN TOMATOGregg A Howe; Fiscal Year: 2012..Studies with the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana and tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) indicate that the E3 ubiquitin ligase SCFCOI1 is strictly required for transcription of jasmonate-..
- Antitumor and chemopreventive activity of the Ecuadorian plant extract BIRMBal L Lokeshwar; Fiscal Year: 2010..BIRM, an Ecuadorian oral solution, is a dietary supplement developed from the Andean variety of Solanum dulcamara L, which is widely consumed in the Americas for a variety of diseases, including prostate and breast ..
- MULTI-USE BIOREACTOR FOR TISSUE AND CELL CULTURERICHARD DEDOLPH; Fiscal Year: 1992..Using bioreactors of this design, the required protocol for optimized production of microtubers of Solanum tuberosum will be established...
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGICAL ROLE OF 12-R-LIPOXYGENASEALAN BRASH; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Tissue-specific Overexpression of IKKbeta in micePETER MELENDEZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will determine whether tissue-specific increases in lKKb activity cause whole body insulin resistance and further ask whether lKKb activation in one tissue influences insulin sensitivity in others. ..
- NOVEL OXYGENATIONS OF ARACHIDONIC ACIDALAN BRASH; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will develop new insights into the biochemistry of mammalian cyclooxygenases and as a consequence have practical benefits in development of therapeutics. ..
- Expression of Human Therapeutic Proteins in Transgenic Tobacco ChloroplastsHenry Daniell; Fiscal Year: 2010..Successful completion of these studies would make transgenic chloroplasts ideal bioreactors for the production of safe and less expensive therapeutic proteins and open the door for in depth studies of membrane proteins. ..
- Manipulation of the phenolic acid content and digestibility of plant cell walls by targeted expression of genes encoding cell wall degrading enzymesPatent Number: EP2088200-A1; Date:2009-08-12
- Methods and compositions for modifying plant flavonoid composition and disease resistancePatent Number: WO2009103960-A2; Date:2009-08-27
- Method for improving stress resistance in plants and materials thereforPatent Number: EP2164959-A1; Date:2010-03-24