- In vivo biocompatibility evaluation of some Bidens tripartita extracts in ratsR B Sandu
University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Grigore T Popa Iaşi
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 117:795-800. 2013..Bidens tripartite, a flowering plant from the genus Bidens, family Compositae, subfamily Asteroideae was widely used in traditional medicine for its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, astringent, ..
- Resolution of deep nodes yields an improved backbone phylogeny and a new basal lineage to study early evolution of AsteraceaeJose L Panero
Department of Integrative Biology, The University of Texas, 1 University Station C0930, Austin, TX 78712, USA Electronic address
Mol Phylogenet Evol 80:43-53. 2014..The recently named genus Famatinanthus was found to be sister to the Mutisioideae-Asteroideae clade that represents more than 99% of Asteraceae and was found to have the two chloroplast inversions present ..
- Multiple evolution of flavonoid 3',5'-hydroxylaseChristian Seitz
Chair of Floriculture Crops and Horticultural Plant Breeding, Technical University Munich, Am Hochanger 4, 85350, Freising, Germany
Planta 242:561-73. 2015..dicotyledonous plants: In the Asteraceae, we identified F3'5'Hs specific for the subfamilies Cichorioideae and Asteroideae, and additionally an F3'5'H that seems to be specific for the genus Echinops of the subfamily Carduoideae; ..
- Macroevolutionary dynamics in the early diversification of AsteraceaeJose L Panero
Department of Integrative Biology, University of Texas, 1 University Station C0930, Austin, TX 78712, USA Electronic address
Mol Phylogenet Evol 99:116-32. 2016..In Africa, subfamilies Carduoideae, Pertyoideae, Gymnarrhenoideae, Cichorioideae, Corymbioideae, and Asteroideae diverged in a relatively short span of only 6.5millionyears during the Middle Eocene.
- First description of leaf-mining Nepticulidae and Tischeriidae (Insecta, Lepidoptera) feeding on the Chilean endemic plant genus Podanthus Lag. (Asteraceae)Jonas R Stonis
Lithuanian University of Educational Sciences and Baltic American Biotaxonomy Institute, Studentų st 39, Vilnius LT 08106, Lithuania Email
Zootaxa 4061:119-30. 2016..Asteraceae: subfamily Asteroideae, tribe Heliantheae), no Podanthus-feeding Nepticulidae or Tischeriidae have ever been recorded...
- Multiple Polyploidization Events across Asteraceae with Two Nested Events in the Early History Revealed by Nuclear PhylogenomicsChien Hsun Huang
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering and Collaborative Innovation Center for Genetics and Development, Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Biodiversity Sciences and Ecological Engineering, Institute of Plant Biology, Institute of Biodiversity Sciences, Center for Evolutionary Biology, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Mol Biol Evol 33:2820-2835. 2016..multiple potential ancient WGDs within several tribes and shared by the Heliantheae alliance, core Asteraceae (Asteroideae-Mutisioideae), and also with the sister family Calyceraceae...
- Isolation of Acacetin from Calea urticifolia with Inhibitory Properties against Human Monoamine Oxidase-A and -BNarayan D Chaurasiya
Institute for Computational Molecular Science and Department of Chemistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, United States
J Nat Prod 79:2538-2544. 2016Calea urticifolia (Asteraceae: Asteroideae) has long been used as a traditional medicine in El Salvador to treat arthritis and fever, among other illnesses. The chloroform extract of the leaves of C...
- Experimental researches on acute toxicity of a Bidens tripartita extract in mice - preliminary investigationsR B Sandu
University of Medicine and Pharmacy Grigore T Popa Iasi, Faculty of Medicine
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 116:1230-4. 2012..Beggarticks, Trifid Bur-marigold, is a flowering plant in the genus Bidens, family Compositae, subfamily Asteroideae. Evaluation of the chemical composition of this plant has revealed the presence of flavonoids, xanthophylls, ..
- Complete chloroplast genome sequences of Mongolia medicine Artemisia frigida and phylogenetic relationships with other plantsYue Liu
College of Life and Environmental Sciences, Minzu University of China, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e57533. 2013..We report the complete chloroplast genome sequence of Artemisia frigida based on 454 pyrosequencing...
- ndhF sequence evolution and the major clades in the sunflower familyK J Kim
Department of Botany, University of Texas, Austin 78713 7640, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:10379-83. 1995..iv) four tribes of Cichorioideae (Lactuceae, Arctoteae, Liabeae, and Vernonieae) form a monophyletic group, and these are the sister clade of the Asteroideae; and (v) the Asteroideae is monophyletic and includes three major clades.
- Serine proteinase inhibitors in the Compositae: distribution, polymorphism and propertiesAlexander V Konarev
All Russian Institute of Plant Protection VIZR, Podbelsky 3, St Petersburg, 189620 Russia
Phytochemistry 59:279-91. 2002..of the subfamilies Carduoideae (genera Carthamus, Centaurea, Cirsium), Cichorioideae (Lactuca, Taraxacum) and Asteroideae (Helianthus, Cosmos, Bidens)...
- ITS secondary structure derived from comparative analysis: implications for sequence alignment and phylogeny of the AsteraceaeLeslie R Goertzen
Section of Integrative Biology and Institute of Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 29:216-34. 2003..among major lineages of the family suggested by chloroplast DNA studies, including a monophyletic subfamily Asteroideae and a paraphyletic subfamily Cichorioideae...
- Chemodiversity of exudate flavonoids in seven tribes of Cichorioideae and Asteroideae (Asteraceae)Karin M Valant-Vetschera
Department of Plant Systematics and Evolution Comparative and Ecological Phytochemistry, University of Vienna, Rennweg 14, A 1030 Wien, Austria
Z Naturforsch C 62:155-63. 2007..Lactuceae (all subfamily Cichorioideae), and of Astereae, Senecioneae, Helenieae and Heliantheae (all subfamily Asteroideae) have been analyzed for chemodiversity of their exudate flavonoid profiles...
- Biochemical conservation and evolution of germacrene A oxidase in asteraceaeDon Trinh Nguyen
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary T2N 1N4, Canada
J Biol Chem 285:16588-98. 2010..from the representative species of three major subfamilies of Asteraceae (sunflower, chicory, and costus from Asteroideae, Cichorioideae, and Carduoideae, respectively) and also from the phylogenetically basal species, Barnadesia ..
- A comparative analysis of the Lactuca and Helianthus (Asteraceae) plastid genomes: identification of divergent regions and categorization of shared repeatsRuth E Timme
Section of Integrative Biology and Institute of Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station C0930, Austin, Texas 78712 USA
Am J Bot 94:302-12. 2007..Helianthus annuus (sunflower), and Lactuca sativa (lettuce), which belong to the distantly related subfamilies, Asteroideae and Cichorioideae, respectively...