Alias: Cornus L.
Publications169 found, 100 shown here
- Radioprotective properties of the phytochemically characterized extracts of Crataegus monogyna, Cornus mas and Gentianella austriaca on human lymphocytes in vitroAndreja Leskovac
Vinca Institute of Nuclear Sciences, Belgrade, Serbia
Planta Med 73:1169-75. 2007..Rosaceae) fruit, Cornus mas L. (Cornaceae) leaves and Gentianella austriaca (A. Kern. & Jos. Kern...
- Link between defoliation and light treatments on root vitality of five understory shrubs with different resistance to insect herbivoryPiotr Karolewski
Institute of Dendrology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Parkowa 5, 62 035 Kornik, Poland
Tree Physiol 30:969-78. 2010..was established in which we experimentally removed 50% of leaves in 1-year-old seedlings of Sambucus nigra, Cornus sanguinea, Prunus serotina, Frangula alnus and Corylus avellana grown in 15% and full sunlight...
- Relationships within Cornales and circumscription of Cornaceae-matK and rbcL sequence data and effects of outgroups and long branchesJenny Qiu Yun Xiang
Department of Botany, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7612, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 24:35-57. 2002..using optimal outgroups suggested by RASA revealed four major clades within Cornales: (1) Curtisia-Grubbia, (2) Cornus-Alangium, (3) Nyssa-Camptotheca-Davidia-Mastixia-Diplopanax, and (4) Hydrangeaceae-Loasaceae, with clades (2) and (..
- The effects of the Chinese herbal medicine EMF01 on salicylate-induced tinnitus in ratsYiwen Zheng
Dept of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago Medical School, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Ethnopharmacol 128:545-8. 2010..In this study, we attempted to test a TCM, Er Ming Fang (EMF01) containing Rehmannia glutinosa, Cornus officinalis, Salvia mittiorrhiza, Pueraria, Schisandra chinensis, Poria cocos and Platycodon grandiflorum, on ..
- Estrogen receptor alpha, but not beta, is expressed in the interneurons of the hippocampus in prepubertal rats: an in situ hybridization studyC Orikasa
Department of Physiology, Nippon Medical School, Sendagi 1, Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 120:245-54. 2000..hippocampus especially in the hilar region of the dentate gyrus, and in the strata radiatum and pyramidale in the cornus ammonis at postnatal days (PND) 14, 21 and 35...
- Impacts of an exotic disease and vegetation change on foliar calcium cycling in Appalachian forestsMichael A Jenkins
National Park Service, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Twin Creeks Natural Resources Center, 1314 Cherokee Orchard Road, Gatlinburg, Tennessee 37738, USA
Ecol Appl 17:869-81. 2007Because of the high calcium content of its foliage, Cornus florida (flowering dogwood) has been described as a calcium "pump" that draws calcium from deeper mineral soil and enriches surface soil horizons...
- Light absorption by anthocyanins in juvenile, stressed, and senescing leavesMark N Merzlyak
Department of Physiology of Microorganisms, Faculty of Biology, Moscow State University, 119991, GSP 1 Moscow, Russia
J Exp Bot 59:3903-11. 2008..cotoneaster (Cotoneaster alaunica Golite), hazel (Corylus avellana L.), Siberian dogwood (Cornus alba L.), and Virginia creeper (Parthenocissus quinquefolia (L.) Planch...
- Identification of fruit volatiles from green hawthorn (Crataegus viridis) and blueberry hawthorn (Crataegus brachyacantha) host plants attractive to different phenotypes of Rhagoletis pomonella flies in the southern United StatesDong H Cha
Department of Entomology, NYS Agricultural Experiment Station, Cornell University, Geneva, NY 14456, USA
J Chem Ecol 37:974-83. 2011..that infest domestic apple (Malus domestica), downy hawthorn (Crataegus mollis), and flowering dogwood (Cornus florida)...
- Elevation of intracavernous pressure and NO-cGMP activity by a new herbal formula in penile tissues of spontaneous hypertensive male ratsDong Wan Sohn
Department of Urology, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul 150 713, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 120:176-80. 2008We created a new herbal formulation that mainly consists of the seeds of Lycium chinense, Cornus officinalis, Rubus coreanus, Cuscuta chinensis and Schizandra chinensis...
- Overwintering hosts for the exotic leafroller parasitoid, Colpoclypeus florus: implications for habitat manipulation to augment biological control of leafrollers in pome fruitsR S Pfannenstiel
Tree Fruit Research and Extension Center, Washington State University, Wenatchee, WA 98801, USA
J Insect Sci 10:75. 2010..During the four years, the Syndemis sp. was rare and observed at only one location feeding on redosier dogwood, Cornus sericea L. (Cornales: Cornaceae) although, at this location, many of the larvae collected were parasitized by C...
- Sevoflurane immediate preconditioning alters hypoxic membrane potential changes in rat hippocampal slices and improves recovery of CA1 pyramidal cells after hypoxia and global cerebral ischemiaJ Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, Box 6, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Neuroscience 145:1097-107. 2007..The mean number of intact hippocampal cornus ammonis 1 (CA1) pyramidal neurons in rats subjected to cerebral ischemia without any pretreatment was 17+/-5 (..
- Gluco- and mineralocorticoid receptor-mediated regulation of neurotrophic factor gene expression in the dorsal hippocampus and the neocortex of the ratA C Hansson
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine MDC, 13125 Berlin Buch, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 12:2918-34. 2000..growth factor (BDNF) and neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) was analysed at 4 h after the hormone injection in CA1-CA4 (cornus of Ammon areas of the hippocampus) and dentate gyrus of the dorsal hippocampus and in neocortex by means of in ..
- Protective effect of ursolic acid from Cornus officinalis on the hydrogen peroxide-induced damage of HEI-OC1 auditory cellsHyeon Hee Yu
Department of Food and Nutrition, Kunsan National University, Kunsan, South Korea
Am J Chin Med 37:735-46. 2009The fruits of Cornus officinalis have been used in traditional oriental medicine for treatment of inner ear diseases, such as tinnitus and hearing loss. In the present study, we investigated the protective effect of C...
- Antitumor potential of three herbal extracts against human oral squamous cell linesQing Chu
Department of Periodontology and Oral Medicine, School of Stomatology, The Fourth Military Medical University, 145 West Changle Road, Xi an, P R of China
Anticancer Res 29:3211-9. 2009Three Chinese herbal extracts of Drynaria baronii, Angelica sinensis and Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc (referred to as DB, AS, CO, respectively) were investigated for their antitumor potential...
- Variable conductivity and embolism in roots and branches of four contrasting tree species and their impacts on whole-plant hydraulic performance under future atmospheric CO₂ concentrationJean Christophe Domec
Nicholas School of the Environment and Earth Sciences, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Tree Physiol 30:1001-15. 2010..The only large effect of CO₂(e) occurred in branches of Liquidambar styraciflua L. and Cornus florida L. where an increase in k(s-max) and a decrease in xylem resistance to embolism (-P₅₀) were measured...
- Galloyl glucoses from the seeds of Cornus officinalis with inhibitory activity against protein glycation, aldose reductase, and cataractogenesis ex vivoJun Lee
Diabetic Complications Research Center, Division of Traditional Korean Medicine TKM Integrated Research, Korea Institute of Oriental Medicine, Daejeon 305 811, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 34:443-6. 2011..gallic acid 4-O-β-D-(6'-O-galloyl)-glucoside (8), were isolated from an EtOAc-soluble fraction of the seeds of Cornus officinalis (Cornaceae)...
- Molar ectopic pregnancy in the uterine cornusJong Ha Hwang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Korea University, Guro Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Guro Gu, Seoul, South Korea
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 17:239-41. 2010..Systemic methotrexate therapy was administered to treat the possible remnants of the molar pregnancy. Molar cornual ectopic pregnancy can be successfully treated with laparoscopic cornuostomy and systemic methotrexate therapy...
- Tumor-specific cytotoxicity and type of cell death induced by gefitinib in oral squamous cell carcinoma cell linesQing Chu
Division of Pharmacology, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Sakado, Saitama, Japan
Anticancer Res 29:5023-31. 2009..cisplatin, sodium ascorbate, sodium fluoride) or herbal extracts (Drynaria baronii, Angelica sinensis and Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc)...
- Antioxidative capacity of extracts and constituents in Cornus capitata adventitious rootsNorie Tanaka
Venture Business Laboratory and Department of Applied Biological Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Saga University, 1 Honjo, Saga 840 8502, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 51:5906-10. 2003Radical scavenging activities of extracts and constituents in Cornus capitata adventitious root cultures were evaluated by using 1,1-diphenyl-2-pycrylhydrazyl (DPPH) and superoxide anion radicals...
- Evolutionary patterns in the antR-Cor gene in the dwarf dogwood complex (Cornus, Cornaceae)Chuanzhu Fan
Department of Botany, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7612, USA
Genetica 130:19-34. 2007..pattern of the myc-like anthocyanin regulatory gene antR-Cor was examined in the dwarf dogwood species complex (Cornus Subgenus Arctocrania) that contains two diploid species (C. canadensis and C...
- Botany: a record-breaking pollen catapultJoan Edwards
Department of Biology, Williams College, Williamstown, Massachusetts 01267, USA
Nature 435:164. 2005..Here we describe how the flower stamens of the bunchberry dogwood (Cornus canadensis) rely on this principle to catapult pollen into the air as the flower opens explosively...
- Oleanolic acid and ursolic acid derived from Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc. suppress epidermal growth factor- and phorbol ester-induced MUC5AC mucin production and gene expression from human airway epithelial cellsKyoungrai Cho
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Sanggye Paik Hospital, College of Medicine, Inje University, Seoul, Korea
Phytother Res 25:760-4. 2011..These results suggest that oleanolic acid and ursolic acid can regulate mucin gene expression, and production of mucin protein, by directly acting on airway epithelial cells...
- The effects of corni fructus extract and its fractions against α-glucosidase inhibitory activities in vitro and sucrose tolerance in normal ratsChan Hum Park
Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Toyama, Sugitani, Toyama, Japan
Am J Chin Med 39:367-80. 2011Corni fructus (Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc.) is a traditional medicine exerting multifaceted protective effects against diabetes and its complications...
- An ellagic compound and iridoids from Cornus capitata root culturesN Tanaka
Department of Applied Biological Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Saga University, 1 Honjo, 840 8502, Saga, Japan
Phytochemistry 57:1287-91. 2001..and two iridoid glucosides, 6alpha-dihydrocornic acid and 6beta-dihydrocornic acid, were isolated from Cornus capitata adventitious roots cultured in Murashige-Skoog (Murashige, T., Skoog, F., 1962...
- A molecular marker associated with low-temperature induction of dormancy in red osier dogwood (Cornus sericea)Erl Svendsen
Department of Plant Sciences, 51 Campus Drive, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK S7N 5A8, Canada
Tree Physiol 27:385-97. 2007..An F2 population (191 plants) red osier dogwood (Cornus sericea L...
- [Separation and determination of oleanolic acid and ursolic acid from Cornus officinalis by capillary electrophoresis]Rui Wang
Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100102, China
Zhong Yao Cai 30:946-50. 2007..chromatography technique for separating and determination oleanolic acid and ursolic acid in the fruit of Cornus officinalis was developed...
- Anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of the aqueous extract of corni fructus in murine RAW 264.7 macrophage cellsYun Hee Sung
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul
J Med Food 12:788-95. 2009Corni fructus is the fruit of Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc, which is classified into the dogwood family of Cornaceae...
- Separation of gallic acid from Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc by high-speed counter-current chromatographyG Tian
Beijing Institute of New Technology Application, China
J Chromatogr A 886:309-12. 2000Gallic acid was separated from a n-butanol extract of the fruit of Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc by high-speed countercurrent chromatography in two steps using two solvent systems composed of ethyl-acetate-ethanol n-butanol-water (5:1...
- Lignans from the fruits of Cornus kousa Burg. and their cytotoxic effects on human cancer cell linesDae Young Lee
Graduate School of Biotechnology and Plant Metabolism Research Center, Kyung Hee University, Suwon, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 30:402-7. 2007The fruits of Cornus kousa Burg. were extracted with 80% aqueous MeOH, and the concentrated extract partitioned with EtOAc, n-BuOH and H2O...
- Ellagic acid formation from galloylglucoses by a crude enzyme of Cornus capitata adventitious rootsN Tanaka
Department of Applied Biological Sciences, Faculty of Agriculture, Saga University, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65:1869-71. 2001The aqueous extract of acetone powder, which had been prepared from Cornus capitata 'Mountain Moon' adventitious roots, cultured in MS medium with a high concentration of Cu2+(10 microM), showed strong oxidative activity toward ..
- Alterations of heterogeneous nuclear RNP A2 and B1 in the hippocampus of the rat after perforant pathway lesionMasanori Ishikawa
Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, 305 8575 Tsukuba city, Ibaraki, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 107:144-8. 2004..immunoreactivity was observed in neurons within the dentate granular layer as well in the pyramidal cells of the cornus Ammon fields ipsilateral to the lesion...
- Anthocyanin 3-galactosides from Cornus alba 'Sibirica' with glucosidation of the B-ringOrjan Bjorøy
Department of Chemistry, University of Bergen, Allegt 41, 5007 Bergen, Norway
Phytochemistry 68:640-5. 2007..4) and cyanidin (5) were isolated from the bluish white berries and compound umbel of Siberian dogwood, Cornus alba 'Sibirica'...
- Optical properties and nondestructive estimation of anthocyanin content in plant leavesA A Gitelson
School of Natural Resource Sciences, University of Nebraska Lincoln, 113 Nebraska Hall, Lincoln, NE 68506, USA
Photochem Photobiol 74:38-45. 2001Absorption and reflectance spectra of maple (Acer platanoides), cotoneaster (Cotoneaster alaunica), dogwood (Cornus alba) and pelargonium (Pelargonium zonale) leaves with a wide range of pigment content and composition were studied in ..
- Ozone air pollution and foliar injury development on native plants of SwitzerlandKristopher Novak
Department of Plant Pathology, The Pennsylvania State University, 108 Buckhout Laboratory, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Environ Pollut 125:41-52. 2003..were Populus nigra, Viburnum lantana, Salix alba, Crataegus monogyna, Viburnum opulus, Tilia platyphyllos, Cornus alba, Prunus avium, Fraxinus excelsior, Ribes alpinum, and Tilia cordata; Clematis spp...
- Resorption protection. Anthocyanins facilitate nutrient recovery in autumn by shielding leaves from potentially damaging light levelsWilliam A Hoch
Department of Horticulture, University of Wisconsin, 1575 Linden Drive, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Plant Physiol 133:1296-305. 2003..excess light, was tested using wild-type (WT) and anthocyanin-deficient mutants of three deciduous woody species, Cornus sericea, Vaccinium elliottii (Chapmn.), and Viburnum sargentii (Koehne)...
- Insecticidal compounds against Drosophila melanogaster from Cornus officinalis Sieb. et ZuccMitsuo Miyazawa
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Kinki University, 3 4 1, Kowakae, Higashiosaka shi, Osaka 577 8502, Japan
Nat Prod Res 17:337-9. 2003..2) were isolated as insecticidal compounds by bioassay-guided fractionation from MeOH extract of the fruits of Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc. Insecticidal activity against larvae of D...
- Identification of host fruit volatiles from flowering dogwood (Cornus florida) attractive to dogwood-origin Rhagoletis pomonella fliesSatoshi Nojima
Department of Entomology, NYS Agricultural Experiment Station Cornell University, Geneva, New York 14456, USA
J Chem Ecol 29:2347-57. 2003..coupled with electroantennographic detection were used to identify volatiles from fruit of flowering dogwood, Cornus florida, as key attractants for Rhagoletis pomonella flies originating from dogwood fruit...
- Heterogeneous evolution of the Myc-like Anthocyanin regulatory gene and its phylogenetic utility in Cornus L. (Cornaceae)Chuanzhu Fan
Department of Botany, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7612, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 33:580-94. 2004..gene, we compared nucleotide sequences of the myc-like anthocyanin regulatory gene in the genus of dogwoods (Cornus: Cornaceae)...
- Postzygotic isolating factor in sympatric speciation in Rhagoletis flies: reduced response of hybrids to parental host-fruit odorsCharles E Linn
Department of Entomology, Barton Laboratory, New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, Cornell University, Geneva, NY 14456, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:17753-8. 2004..pomonella, as well as between the host races and an undescribed sibling species infesting Cornus florida (flowering dogwood) do not respond to host fruit volatiles in wind-tunnel assays at doses that elicit ..
- [Research on components of Cornus officinalis extracted by supercritical carbon dioxide]Shu yan Han
Nanjing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210029, Jiangsu, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 28:1148-50, 1183. 2003To study the chemical constituents of Cornus officinalis extracted by supercritical carbon dioxide fluid extraction (SFE).
- Neuroprotection and neurogenesis: modulation of cornus ammonis 1 neuronal survival after transient forebrain ischemia by prior fimbria-fornix deafferentationZ Zhao
Calgary Stroke Program, Hotchkiss Brain Institute and Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, AB T2N 4N1, Canada
Neuroscience 140:219-26. 2006Severe transient forebrain ischemia causes selective neuronal death in the hippocampal cornus ammonis 1 region...
- Hippocampal hypocellularity in the Ts65Dn mouse originates early in developmentHernan A Lorenzi
Department of Physiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205 2185, USA
Brain Res 1104:153-9. 2006..in the hippocampus including fewer granule cells in dentate gyrus and more pyramidal cells in the CA3 subfield of cornus ammonis...
- Biogeography, host specificity, and molecular phylogeny of the basidiomycetous yeast Phaffia rhodozyma and its sexual form, Xanthophyllomyces dendrorhousDiego Libkind
Laboratorio de Microbiología Aplicada y Biotecnología, Universidad Nacional del Comahue, Centro Regional Universitario Bariloche, Quintral 1250, Bariloche, Rio Negro, Argentina
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:1120-5. 2007..The two most basal strains of X. dendrorhous are those isolated from Cornus, an ancestral genus in the phylogenetic analysis of the host trees. Thus, we question previous conclusions that P...
- Long-term morphological and functional evaluation of the neuroprotective effects of post-ischemic treatment with melatonin in ratsGraciela Letechipía-Vallejo
Facultad de Ciencias Médicas y Biológicas Dr Ignacio Chávez, UMSNH, Morelia, Michoacan, Spain
J Pineal Res 42:138-46. 2007..mg/kg/hr) of melatonin (Isch + Mel) or vehicle (Isch + Veh) for 6 hr, and the pyramidal neuron population of the cornus Ammoni (CA) of the hippocampus and layers III and V of the medial prefrontal cortex was assessed at the end of the ..
- Dynamics of bioluminescence by Armillaria gallica, A. mellea and A. tabescensJeanne D Mihail
Division of Plant Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Mycologia 99:341-50. 2007..were assessed in a time series of measurements every 2 min for 72 h for mycelia growing on malt agar or on Cornus florida root wood. Luminescence by the necrotrophic species A...
- Evaluation of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in apple juice with Cornus fruit (Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc.) extract by conventional media and thin agar layer methodVivian C H Wu
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, The University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469 5735, USA
Food Microbiol 25:190-5. 2008Escherichia coli O157:H7 survival in apple juice supplemented with Cornus fruit (Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc.) extract was studied. Inoculated samples with or without Cornus fruit extract were kept at 21 and 7 degrees C...
- Molecular evolution of PISTILLATA-like genes in the dogwood genus Cornus (Cornaceae)Wenheng Zhang
Department of Plant Biology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7612, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 47:175-95. 2008..In this study, we investigated the evolution of PI-like genes of the MADS-box family in the dogwood genus Cornus (Cornaceae)...
- A new lignan glycoside from the fruits of Cornus kousa BurgDae Young Lee
Graduate School of Biotechnology and Plant Metabolism Research Center, Kyung Hee University, Yongin, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 31:830-3. 2008..alcohol-4'-O-beta-D-xylopyranoside (1), named cornuskoside A, was isolated from the fruits of Cornus kousa...
- [Effect of polysaccharides in crude and processed Cornus officinalis on the immunologic function of mice with immunosuppression induced]Wei Feng Du
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Chinese Medicine Processing, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nangjing 210029, China
Zhong Yao Cai 31:715-7. 2008To investigate the effect of polysaccharides in crude and processed Cornus officinalis on the immunologic function of mice with immunosuppression induced.
- Effect of three herbal extracts on NO and PGE2 production by activated mouse macrophage-like cellsQing Chu
Department of Periodontology and Oral Medicine, School of Stomatology, The Fourth Military Medical University, 145 West Changle Road, Xi an, P R of China
In Vivo 23:537-44. 2009Three Chinese herbal extracts, Drynaria baronii, Angelica sinensis and Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc (referred to as DB, AS, CO, respectively), were investigated for their possible anti-inflammatory activity...
- Protective roles of cornuside in acute myocardial ischemia and reperfusion injury in ratsWang Lin Jiang
College of Marine Life Science, Ocean University of China, 5 Yushan Road, Qingdao 266003, PR China
Phytomedicine 18:266-71. 2011Cornuside is a secoiridoid glucoside isolated from the fruit of Cornus officinalis SIEB. et ZUCC...
- Analysis of genetic diversity in flowering dogwood natural stands using microsatellites: the effects of dogwood anthracnoseD Hadziabdic
Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology, The University of Tennessee, 2431 Joe Johnson Dr, Knoxville, TN, 37996 4560, USA
Genetica 138:1047-57. 2010Flowering dogwood (Cornus florida L.) populations recently have experienced severe declines caused by dogwood anthracnose. Mortality has ranged from 48 to 98%, raising the concern that genetic diversity has been reduced significantly...
- Tirucallane triterpenoids from Cornus walteriKi Hyun Kim
Natural Products Laboratory, School of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon 440 746, Korea
J Nat Prod 74:54-9. 2011..deoxyflindissone (13) and (-)-leucophyllone (14), were isolated from a MeOH extract of stems and stem bark of Cornus walteri...
- The past, present and future tasks of Hungarian dendrological researchD Bartha
Faculty of Forestry, Institute of Botany and Nature Conservation, University of West Hungary, 9400 Sopron, Hungary
Acta Biol Hung 61:2-19. 2010..g. Castanea sativa, Cornus mas, Fraxinus spp., Quercus spp.)...
- Competitive uptake and phytomonitoring of chlorinated contaminant mixtures by Redosier dogwood (Cornus sericea)Chen Wang
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
Int J Phytoremediation 13:333-44. 2011..The result indicated that sampling point as well as the physicochemical properties of co-contaminants is highly important in phytomonitoring of contaminant mixtures...
- Cornuside suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammatory mediators by inhibiting nuclear factor-kappa B activation in RAW 264.7 macrophagesYun Ho Choi
Department of Anatomy, Medical School, Institute for Medical Sciences, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, Jeonbuk 561 756, Republic of Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 34:959-66. 2011Cornuside, a secoiridoid glucoside compound, was isolated from the fruit of Cornus officinalis SIEB. et ZUCC. Cornuside has been reported to possess immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory activities...
- Analysis and identification of different animal horns by a three-stage infrared spectroscopyYang Wang
Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tianjin, PR China
Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 83:265-70. 2011..analyze the organic and inorganic compositions of three different horns (Cornu Antelopis, Cornu Bubali and Pulvis Cornus Bubali Concentratus)...
- Vascular changes in rat hippocampus following a high saturated fat and cholesterol dietLinnea R Freeman
Department of Neurosciences and the Center on Aging, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 32:643-53. 2012..in blood vessels and increased expression in the dentate gyrus hilar neurons and mossy fibers of the hippocampal cornus ammonis 3 in HFHC-treated rats...
- Identification of ancient Olea europaea L. and Cornus mas L. seeds by DNA barcodingAngelo Gismondi
Department of Biology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
C R Biol 335:472-9. 2012..Positive outcomes (supported by morphological comparison with modern seeds, geographical distribution and historical data) indicated that seeds could be identified as belonging to two plant species: Olea europaea L. and Cornus mas L.
- Evolution of bract development and B-class MADS box gene expression in petaloid bracts of Cornus s. l. (Cornaceae)Chun Miao Feng
Department of Plant Biology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA Department of Genetics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
New Phytol 196:631-43. 2012..morphological patterns of bract initiation and expression patterns of B-class MADS-box genes in bracts of several Cornus species. We suggest that petaloid bracts in this genus may not share a single evolutionary origin...
- In vivo and in vitro animal investigation of the effect of a mixture of herbal extracts from Tribulus terrestris and Cornus officinalis on penile erectionSung Chul Kam
Department of Urology, Gyeongsang National University School of Medicine, Jinju, Korea
J Sex Med 9:2544-51. 2012..Herbal preparations have long been used as folk remedies for erectile dysfunction (ED)...
- Effect of 5-hydroxymethylfurfural derived from processed Cornus officinalis on the prevention of high glucose-induced oxidative stress in human umbilical vein endothelial cells and its mechanismGang Cao
Research Center of TCM Processing Technology, Zhejiang Chinese Medical University, Hangzhou 310053, PR China
Food Chem 140:273-9. 2013..the pharmacological application of 5-HMF for preventing cardiovascular and diabetes mellitus diseases, and provides the theoretical basis for further development of a Cornus officinalis agent for diabetes-associated vascular diseases.
- De novo sequencing, characterization, and comparison of inflorescence transcriptomes of Cornus canadensis and C. florida (Cornaceae)Jian Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Systematic and Evolutionary Botany, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P R China Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e82674. 2013..characterization, and comparison of inflorescence transcriptomes of two closely related dogwood species, Cornus canadensis and C. florida (Cornaceae)...
- The effects of Liuwei Dihuang on canonical Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway in osteoporosisBingjiang Xia
Zhejiang Chinese Medical University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310053, China Shaoxing Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shaoxing, Zhejiang 312000, China
J Ethnopharmacol 153:133-41. 2014..family: Scrophulariaceae), Cornus officinalis Sieb. (family: Cornaceae), Dioscorea opposite Thunb. (family: Dioscoreaceae), Alisma orientale (G...
- Antibacterial effects of afzelin isolated from Cornus macrophylla on Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a leading cause of illness in immunocompromised individualsSang Yeol Lee
Department of Life Science, Gachon University, San 65, Bokjeong dong, Sujeong Gu, Seongnam si, 461 701 Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Molecules 19:3173-80. 2014The crude ethyl acetate extract of the leaves of Cornus macrophylla showed antibacterial activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a leading cause of illness in immunocompromised individuals...
- Myriocin, a serine palmitoyltransferase inhibitor, increases melanin synthesis in Mel-Ab cells and a skin equivalent modelHailan Li
Pharmazie 69:187-91. 2014..increased melanin synthesis with myriocin on a pigmented skin equivalent model established using Cervi cornus Colla (deer antler glue). One and 5 microM of myriocin darkened the color of the skin equivalent...
- High resolution metabolite imaging in the hippocampus following neonatal exposure to the environmental toxin BMAA using ToF-SIMSJörg Hanrieder
National Center for Imaging Mass Spectrometry, University of Gothenburg and Chalmers University of Technology, SE 412 96 Gothenburg, Sweden
ACS Chem Neurosci 5:568-75. 2014..Moreover, neonatal exposure resulted in increased protein ubiquitination in the cornus ammonis 1 (CA1) region of the adult hippocampus indicating that BMAA may induce protein aggregation...
- Effects of fermented corni fructus and fermented kelp on growth performance, meat quality, and emission of ammonia and hydrogen sulphide from broiler chicken droppingsS T Ahmed
a Department of Animal Science and Technology, Sunchon National University, Suncheon, Republic of Korea
Br Poult Sci 55:745-51. 20141. Corni fructus is the fruit of Cornus officinalis, a dogwood species...
- Non-Native Ambrosia Beetles as Opportunistic Exploiters of Living but Weakened TreesChristopher M Ranger
USDA Agricultural Research Service, Horticultural Insects Research Lab, and Department of Entomology, Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center, The Ohio State University, Wooster, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0131496. 2015..In particular, flood-intolerant flowering dogwood (Cornus florida) sustained more attacks than flood-tolerant species, including silver maple (Acer saccharinum) and swamp ..
- Oenanthe Javanica Extract Protects Against Experimentally Induced Ischemic Neuronal Damage via its Antioxidant EffectsJoon Ha Park
Department of Neurobiology, School of Medicine, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon 200 701, South Korea
Chin Med J (Engl) 128:2932-7. 2015..In this study, we firstly examined the neuroprotective effect of Oenanthe javanica extract (OJE) in the hippocampal cornus ammonis 1 region (CA1 region) of the gerbil subjected to transient cerebral ischemia.
- The Hypoglycemic and Synergistic Effect of Loganin, Morroniside, and Ursolic Acid Isolated from the Fruits of Cornus officinalisKai He
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Southwest University, Chongqing, 400715, China
Phytother Res 30:283-91. 2016Hypoglycemic activity-guided separation of ethanol extracts from the fruits of Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc (CO) led to the isolation of loganin, morroniside, and ursolic acid...
- Optimization for ultrasonic-microwave synergistic extraction of polysaccharides from Cornus officinalis and characterization of polysaccharidesXiulian Yin
School of Life Science and Chemical Engineering, Huaiyin Institute of Technology, Huaian 223003, China Jiangsu Provincial Engineering Laboratory for Biomass Conversion and Process Integration, Huaiyin Institute of Technology, Huaian 223003, China
Int J Biol Macromol 83:226-32. 2016Ultrasonic-microwave synergistic extraction (UMSE) of polysaccharides from Cornus officinalis was optimized by response surface methodology (RSM). The effect of four different factors on the yield of C...
- Neuroprotection and reduced gliosis by atomoxetine pretreatment in a gerbil model of transient cerebral ischemiaJoon Ha Park
Department of Neurobiology, School of Medicine, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon 24341, South Korea
J Neurol Sci 359:373-80. 2015..effects of pre- or post-treatment with 15 and 30 mg/kg ATX against ischemic damage in the gerbil hippocampal cornus ammonis 1 (CA1) region subjected to 5 min of transient cerebral ischemia using cresyl violet staining, neuronal ..
- Synergistic interaction of effective parts in Rehmanniae Radix and Cornus officinalis ameliorates renal injury in C57BL/KsJ-db/db diabetic mice: Involvement of suppression of AGEs/RAGE/SphK1 signaling pathwayXing Lv
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210023, China Jiang Su key Laboratory for Efficacy and Safety Evaluation of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210023, China
J Ethnopharmacol 185:110-9. 2016Rehmanniae Radix (RR) and Cornus officinalis (CO) are two traditional Chinese medicines widely used in China for treating diabetes mellitus and its complications, such as diabetic nephropathy...
- Real-Time PCR Detection of Dogwood Anthracnose Fungus in Historical Herbarium Specimens from AsiaStephen Miller
Department of Plant Biology and Pathology, 201 Foran Hall, 59 Dudley Road, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey, 08901, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0154030. 2016b>Cornus species (dogwoods) are popular ornamental trees and important understory plants in natural forests of northern hemisphere. Dogwood anthracnose, one of the major diseases affecting the native North American Cornus species, such as C...
- A Specific Nutrient Combination Attenuates the Reduced Expression of PSD-95 in the Proximal Dendrites of Hippocampal Cell Body Layers in a Mouse Model of PhenylketonuriaVibeke M Bruinenberg
Molecular Neurobiology, University of Groningen, 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
Nutrients 8:185. 2016..in the hippocampus, specifically in the granular cell layer of the dentate gyrus, with a similar trend seen in the cornus ammonis 1 (CA1) and cornus ammonis 3 (CA3) pyramidal cell layer...
- The effect of Liuwei Dihuang decoction on PI3K/Akt signaling pathway in liver of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) rats with insulin resistanceBing Dai
The First Affiliated Hospital of Hunan University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shaoshan Road, Changsha, Hunan 410007, China Electronic address
J Ethnopharmacol 192:382-389. 2016..family: Scrophulariaceae), Cornus officinalis Sieb.(family: Cornaceae), Dioscorea opposite Thunb.(family: Dioscoreaceae), Alisma orientale(G...
- Effects of root medium pH on root water transport and apoplastic pH in red-osier dogwood (Cornus sericea) and paper birch (Betula papyrifera) seedlingsW Zhang
Department of Renewable Resources, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 18:1001-1007. 2016..paper birch (Betula papyrifera) seedlings, a relatively sensitive species to high soil pH, with red-osier dogwood (Cornus sericea), reported to be relatively tolerant of high pH conditions...
- A new species of Ceratoteleas Kozlov (Hymenoptera, Scelionidae) from Japan, with a description of the male of CeratoteleasYoto Komeda
Entomological Laboratory, Graduate School of Bioresource and Bioenvironmental Sciences, Kyushu University, Hakozaki 6 10 1, Fukuoka, 812 8581 Japan
Zookeys . 2016Ceratoteleas cornus sp. n. is described from Japan. The male of the genus is described for the first time.
- Protective effect of Cornus walteri Wangerin leaf against UVB irradiation induced photoaging in human reconstituted skinHyun Chul Park
R and D Center, Saimdang Cosmetics Co, Ltd, 143, Yangcheongsongdae gil, Ochang eup, Cheongwon gu, Cheongju Si, Chungcheongbuk Do, South Korea Electronic address
J Ethnopharmacol 193:445-449. 2016b>Cornus walteri Wangerin has been used in oriental traditional medicine for the treatment of antidiarrheal and inflammation.
- In vitro propagation and assessment of genetic stability of acclimated plantlets of Cornus alba L. using RAPD and ISSR markersAgnieszka Ilczuk
Faculty of Horticulture, Biotechnology and Landscape Architecture, Department of Ornamental Plants, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, ul Nowoursynowska 159, 02 766 Warsaw, Poland
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Plant 52:379-390. 2016i>Cornus alba L. (white dogwood) is an important ornamental shrub having a wide range of applications such as reforestation programs and soil retention systems...
- Do David and Goliath Play the Same Game? Explanation of the Abundance of Rare and Frequent Invasive Alien Plants in Urban Woodlands in Warsaw, PolandArtur Obidziński
Department of Forest Botany, Faculty of Forestry, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
PLoS ONE 11:e0168365. 2016..and 9 taxa of low frequency: Acer saccharinum, Amelanchier spicata, Cornus spp., Fraxinus spp., Parthenocissus spp...
- Solute accumulation of chestnut oak and dogwood leaves in response to throughfall manipulation of an upland oak forestG Michael Gebre
Department of Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1177, USA
Tree Physiol 22:251-60. 2002..Leaf samples of overstory and understory chestnut oak (Quercus prinus L.) and understory dogwood (Cornus florida L...
- [A survey of Cornus officinalis varieties]Suiqing Chen
Henan College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Zhengzhou 450008
Zhong Yao Cai 25:305-6. 2002According to the survey of Cornus officinalis in the main planting areas of Henan, Zhejiang and Shanxi province, the fruit shape can be divided into seven types, cylindricform, ellipticform, long pear-shape, short pear-shape, long ..
- Ischemia-related changes of adrenocorticotropic hormone immunoreactivity and its protective effect in the gerbil hippocampus after transient forebrain ischemiaI K Hwang
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chunchon 200 702, South Korea
Neuroscience 126:871-7. 2004..The ectopic expression of ACTH (1-24 fragments) immunoreactive neurons in the cornus ammonis 1 (CA1) region of hippocampus and hilar region of the dentate gyrus 1 day after the ischemic insult was ..
- Ascorbate attenuates trimethyltin-induced oxidative burden and neuronal degeneration in the rat hippocampus by maintaining glutathione homeostasisE J Shin
Neurotoxicology Program, College of Pharmacy, Kangwon National University, Chunchon 200 701, South Korea
Neuroscience 133:715-27. 2005..Although a significant loss of hippocampal Cornus Ammonis CA1, CA3 and CA4 neurons was observed at 3 weeks post-TMT, the elevation in the level of hydroxyl radicals,..
- Herbal formulation, Yukmi-jihang-tang-Jahage, regulates bone resorption by inhibition of phosphorylation mediated by tyrosine kinase Src and cyclooxygenase expressionUn Ho Jin
Department of Biological Science, Sungkyunkwan University and National Research Laboratory for Glycobiology, Jangan gu, Suwon City, Kyunggi Do 440 746, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 106:333-43. 2006..YJ), which is comprised of seven herbs such as Rehmannia glutinosa Libosch, Dioscorea japonica THUNB, Cornus officinalis SIEB et. ZUCC, Smilax glabra ROXB, Paeonia suffruticosa ANDR, Alisma platago-aquatica var...
- Differential expression of NMDA and AMPA receptor subunits in rat dorsal and ventral hippocampusC Pandis
Physiology Department, Medical School, University of Patras, 26500 Rio, Patras, Greece
Neuroscience 140:163-75. 2006..the specific binding of the NMDA receptor antagonist [(3)H]MK-801, 2) longitudinal slices containing only the cornus ammonis 1 (CA1) region for performing [(3)H]MK-801 saturation experiments and 3) transverse slices for ..
- [HPLC and UPLC-MS detection of 5-HMF from rabbit ncurolymph after treated with Cornus officinalis]Hai Gu
Nanjing University of TCM, Nanjing 210046, China
Zhong Yao Cai 36:444-7. 2013To detect 5-HMF from rabbit ncurolymph after given different dosage of Cornus officinalis via intragastric administration by HPLC and UPLC-MS.
- Genetic divergence along the speciation continuum: the transition from host race to species in rhagoletis (Diptera: tephritidae)Thomas H Q Powell
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, 290C Galvin Life Sciences Building, Notre Dame, Indiana, 46556
Evolution 67:2561-76. 2013..populations of Rhagoletis pomonella to their sister taxon, the undescribed flowering dogwood fly attacking Cornus florida...
- Evidence of physiological decoupling from grassland ecosystem drivers by an encroaching woody shrubJesse B Nippert
Division of Biology, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e81630. 2013..In a mesic grassland in North America, we measured inter- and intra-annual variability in leaf δ(13)C in Cornus drummondii across a grassland landscape with varying fire frequency, presence of large grazers and topographic ..
- Dyella kyungheensis sp. nov., isolated from soil of a cornus fruit fieldHeung Min Son
Department of Oriental Medicinal Material and Processing, College of Life Science, Kyung Hee University, 1 Seocheon, Kihung, Yongin, Kyunggi 446 701, Republic of Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 63:3807-11. 2013..flagellum, yellow-pigmented, rod-shaped bacterium, designated strain THG-B117(T), was isolated from soil of a cornus fruit field of Hoengseong province in South Korea and its taxonomic position was investigated by a polyphasic ..
- Effect of loganin on experimental diabetic nephropathyWang Lin Jiang
College of Pharmacy and Institute of Material Medica, Binzhou Medical University, Yantai 264003, PR China
Phytomedicine 19:217-22. 2012..Loganin, an iridoid glucoside compound was isolated from Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc...
- Neuroprotective iridoid glycosides from Cornus officinalis fruits against glutamate-induced toxicity in HT22 hippocampal cellsEun Ju Jeong
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Phytomedicine 19:317-21. 2012The methanolic extract of the fruits of Cornus officinalis S et Z. (Cornaceae) showed the significant neuroprotective activity against glutamate-induced toxicity in HT22 hippocampal cells...
- Differential role of cyclooxygenase isozymes on neuronal density in hippocampus CA1 region of intracerebroventricular streptozotocin treated rat brainDinesh K Dhull
Neuropharmacology Division, Department of Pharmacology, ISF College of Pharmacy, Moga, Punjab, India
J Chem Neuroanat 43:48-51. 2012..After 21 days of treatment, rats were sacrificed and histological changes were observed in Cornus Ammonis (CA)-1 region of hippocampus at light microscopic level...
- Determination of 5-hydroxymethyl-2-furaldehyde of crude and processed Fructus Corni in freely moving rats using in vivo microdialysis sampling and liquid chromatographyEnhong Ouyang
Department of Pharmaceutics, Shaoyang Medical College, Shangyang 422000, China
Pharmacogn Mag 7:271-6. 2011Fructus Corni is derived from the dry ripe sarcocarp of Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc. 5-hydroxymethyl-2-furaldehyde (5-HMF) is an important active composition of the Fructus Corni...
- Liuwei Dihuang decoction facilitates the induction of long-term potentiation (LTP) in senescence accelerated mouse/prone 8 (SAMP8) hippocampal slices by inhibiting voltage-dependent calcium channels (VDCCs) and promoting N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor (NMDYan Huang
Beijing Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Beijing 100850, China
J Ethnopharmacol 140:384-90. 2012..family: Scrophulariaceae), Cornus officinalis Sieb. (family: Cornaceae), Dioscorea opposite Thunb. (family: Dioscoreaceae), Alisma orientale (G...
- Effects of Cervi cornus Colla (deer antler glue) in the reconstruction of a skin equivalent modelJandi Kim
Department of Biochemistry, Chung Ang University College of Medicine, 221 Heukseok dong, Seoul 156 756, Republic of Korea
Arch Dermatol Res 305:85-9. 2013The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of Cervi cornus Colla (CCC) in the reconstruction of skin equivalent (SE)...
- Plant regeneration and genetic transformation of C. canadensis: a non-model plant appropriate for investigation of flower development in Cornus (Cornaceae)Xiang Liu
Department of Plant Biology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
Plant Cell Rep 32:77-87. 2013..for investigation of genetic and molecular mechanisms involved in inflorescence architectures in Cornus species...
- Rapid simultaneous identification and determination of the multiple compounds in crude Fructus Corni and its processed products by HPLC-MS/MS with multiple reaction monitoring modeHao Cai
College of Pharmacy, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, PR China
Pharm Biol 51:273-8. 2013Fructus Corni, a traditional Chinese medicines, is derived from the dry ripe sarcocarp of Cornus officinalis Sieb. et Zucc (Cornaceae)...
- Ablation of BRaf impairs neuronal differentiation in the postnatal hippocampus and cerebellumVerena Pfeiffer
Institute for Medical Radiation and Cell Research MSZ, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e58259. 2013..cells that showed an altered structure of their dendritic arborizations in the hippocampus, while the overall cornus ammonis architecture appeared to be unchanged...