Genomes and Genes
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- The prevalence of intestinal parasites in dogs from Prague, rural areas, and shelters of the Czech RepublicS Dubná
Department of Zoology and Fisheries, Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Agriculture in Prague, Kamycka 957, 165 21 Prague 6, Suchdol, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 145:120-8. 2007..9%), Dipylidium sp. (0.7%), Sarcocystis spp. (0.6%), Capillaria spp. (0.6%), Neospora/Hammondia spp. (0.5%), Ancylostoma sp. (0.4%), Uncinaria sp. (0.4%), and Spirocerca sp. (0.2%)...
- [Prevalence of intestinal canine and feline parasites in Saitama Prefecture, Japan]Norishige Yamamoto
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Saitama Institute of Public Health
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 83:223-8. 2009..Trichuris vulpis was the most prevalent canine parasite species (22.3%), followed by Toxocara canis (12.5%), Ancylostoma caninum (10.4%), Isospora ohioensis (2.1%), Spirometra erinaceieuropaei (1.0%), Crypstosporidium sp. (0...
- Nematode infections of the eye: toxocariasis and diffuse unilateral subacute neuroretinitisN A Sabrosa
Department of Ophthalmology, University of São Paulo FMUSP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 12:450-4. 2001..The parasites Toxocara canis, Onchocerca volvulus, Taenia solium, Ancylostoma caninum, and Cysticercus celulosae all have been responsible for blinding ocular infections. The nematodes T...
- The complete mitochondrial genomes for three Toxocara species of human and animal health significanceMing wei Li
Laboratory of Parasitology, College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province 510642, PROC
BMC Genomics 9:224. 2008..Although they are of importance in human and animal health, no information on the mt genomes for any of Toxocara species is available...
- Albendazole: a review of anthelmintic efficacy and safety in humansJ Horton
Therapeutics Tropical Medicine, SmithKline Beecham International, Brentford, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Parasitology 121:S113-32. 2000..March 1998 both for the recommended single dose of 400 mg for hookworm (separately for Necator americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale when possible), Ascaris lumbricoides, Trichuris trichiura, and Enterobius vermicularis and, in ..
- Structure and organization of the mitochondrial genome of the canine heartworm, Dirofilaria immitisM Hu
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, 250 Princes Highway, Werribee, Victoria 3030, Australia
Parasitology 127:37-51. 2003..immitis and those of Caenorhabditis elegans, Ascaris suum and the 2 human hookworms, Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus. For D...
- Tribendimidine: a promising, safe and broad-spectrum anthelmintic agent from ChinaShu Hua Xiao
National Institute of Parasitic Diseases, Chinese Center for Diseases Control and Prevention, Shanghai, China
Acta Trop 94:1-14. 2005..showed high efficacy against Nippostrongylus braziliensis in rats, Necator americanus in hamsters, Ancylostoma caninum and Toxocara canis in dogs, and Syphacia mesocriceti in mice...
- Hematology, parasitology, and serology of free-ranging coyotes (Canis latrans) from South CarolinaDebra Lee Miller
The University of Georgia, College of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Diagnostic and Investigational Laboratory, Tifton, GA 31793, USA
J Wildl Dis 45:863-9. 2009..Parvovirus was identified by electron microscopy from the feces of one adult. Ancylostoma spp., Trichuris spp., and Isospora spp. were observed in fecal samples...
- [Immune, inflammatory, and nutritional protein profile in children with iron deficiency in Côte d'Ivoire]Houphouët Félix Yapi
Laboratoire de pharmacodynamie biochimique, UFR Biosciences, Université de Cocody Abidjan, Abidjan 22, Cote d Ivoire
Sante 19:25-8. 2009..in particular, Plasmodium falciparum, Giardia intestinalis, Trichomonas intestinalis, Ascaris lumbricoides, and Ancylostoma. Inflammatory, immune and nutritional proteins were measured by radial immunodiffusion (Mancini's method)...
- Gastrointestinal helminths of free-ranging Florida panthers (Puma concolor coryi) and the efficacy of the current anthelmintic treatment protocolGarry W Foster
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, P O Box 110880, Gainesville, Florida 32611 0880, USA
J Wildl Dis 42:402-6. 2006..helminths were Alaria marcianae (LaRue, 1917) (100%), Spirometra mansonoides (Mueller, 1935) (91%), and Ancylostoma pluridentatum (Alessandrini, 1905) (89%)...
- Effect of short-term coyote removal on populations of coyote helminthsScott E Henke
MSC 218, Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute, Texas A and M University Kingsville, Kingsville, Texas 78363 8202, USA
J Wildl Dis 38:54-67. 2002..14 +/- 0.01 coyotes/km2. Twelve helminth species consisting of seven nematodes (Ancylostoma caninum, Physaloptera rara, Toxascaris leonina, Dirofilaria immitis, Spirocerca lupi, Oslerus osleri, and ..
- Infection status with helminthes in feral cats purchased from a market in Busan, Republic of KoreaWoon Mok Sohn
Department of Parasitology and Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University College of Medicine, Jinju 660 751, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 43:93-100. 2005..Among these were a host of nematodes, including toxocarids, Ancylostoma sp...
- Comparison of the efficacies of three heartworm preventives against experimentally induced infections with Ancylostoma caninum and Toxocara canis in pupsC R Reinemeyer
Department of Environmental Practice, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37996 4500, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 206:1710-5. 1995..Each pup was inoculated PO with approximately 100 infective Ancylostoma caninum larvae and 100 larvated Toxocara canis eggs on day 0, and repeatedly at 7-day intervals thereafter ..
- The mitochondrial genomes of the human hookworms, Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus (Nematoda: Secernentea)Min Hu
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, 250 Princes Highway, Victoria 3030, Werribee, Australia
Int J Parasitol 32:145-58. 2002The complete mitochondrial genome sequences were determined for two species of human hookworms, Ancylostoma duodenale (13,721 bp) and Necator americanus (13,604 bp)...
- Prevalence of dog intestinal parasites and risk perception of zoonotic infection by dog owners in São Paulo State, BrazilS Katagiri
Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Zoonoses Public Health 55:406-13. 2008..5%), three (3.2%) or four (1.2%). The following parasites and their respective frequencies were detected: Ancylostoma (37.8%), Giardia (16.9%), Toxocara canis (8.7%), Trichuris vulpis (7.1%), Dipylidium caninum (2...
- Prevalence of endoparasites in household cat (Felis catus) populations from Transylvania (Romania) and association with risk factorsViorica Mircean
University of Agricultural Science and Veterinary Medicine, Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases Department, 3 5 Mănăştur Street, Cod 400372, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Vet Parasitol 171:163-6. 2010..6% cats. The detected parasites were Toxocara cati (20.3%), Ancylostoma spp. (10.1%), Isospora rivolta (8.9%), Isospora felis (5.3%), Aelurostrongylus abstrusus (5...
- Failure of pyrantel in treatment of human hookworm infections (Ancylostoma duodenale) in the Kimberley region of north west AustraliaJ A Reynoldson
World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for the Molecular Epidemiology of Parasitic Infections, Murdoch University, Western Australia
Acta Trop 68:301-12. 1997..8%, Entamoeba coli--40.7%) and five gastrointestinal helminths (Hymenolepis nana--54.6%, Hookworm [Ancylostoma duodenale]--30.6%, Enterobius vermicularis--6.5%, Trichuris trichiura--2.8%, Strongyloides stercoralis 1...
- Prevalence of parasites in soil and dog feces according to diagnostic testsArisa Mandarino-Pereira
Curso de Pós Graduação em Ciências Veterinárias, Universidade Federal Rural do Rio de Janeiro, Departamento de Parasitologia Animal, BR 465, Km 7, Seropedica, RJ, CEP 23 890 000, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 170:176-81. 2010..Seven squares were found to be contaminated, and the most prevalent parasites were Ancylostoma spp. (13.6%) and Toxocara spp. (4.0%). The Dunsmore et al. technique and the adaptation of the Rugai et al...
- A study on intestinal helminthes of dogs, foxes and jackals in the western part of IranA Dalimi
Department of Parasitology, Medical Sciences Faculty, Tarbiat Modarres University, P O BOX 14115 111, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Vet Parasitol 142:129-33. 2006..02%), Toxascaris leonina (32.53%), Ancylostoma caninum (3.61%), Oxynema sp. (1.35%), Rictularia affinis (12.05%), Taenia hydatigena (53.01%), Taenia ovis (7...
- Field evaluation of the efficacy and safety of emodepside plus praziquantel tablets (Profender tablets for dogs) against naturally acquired nematode and cestode infections in dogsGertraut Altreuther
Bayer Animal Health GmbH, Leverkusen, Germany
Parasitol Res 105:S23-9. 2009..parasite species were identified: Trichuris vulpis, Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma caninum, Dipylidium caninum, Taeniidae and Mesocestoides spp...
- Synthesis of 2,5-disubstituted benzimidazoles, 1,3,4-thiadiazoles and 3,5-diiodosalicylanilides as structural congeners of rafoxanide and closantelR P Srivastava
Medicinal Chemistry Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Pharmazie 45:34-7. 1990..All the compounds have been tested for their anthelmintic activity against Ancylostoma ceylanicum, Nippostrongylus brasiliensis, Hymenolepis nana and Cysticecus fasciolaris in rodents...
- Necatoriasis: treatment and developmental therapeuticsV S Georgiev
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 7600 B Rockledge Drive, Room 2102, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 9:1065-78. 2000Two hookworm parasites, Necator americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale, infect approximately one billion people worldwide...
- Epidemiology of human hookworm infections among adult villagers in Hejiang and Santai Counties, Sichuan Province, ChinaL Changhua
Sichuan Institute of Parasitic Diseases, PR China
Acta Trop 73:243-9. 1999..The majority of these individuals harbored mixed infection with Necator americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale, although the former predominated when adult hookworms were collected from 30 village residents ..
- Necator americanus secretory acetylcholinesterase and its purification from excretory-secretory products by affinity chromatographyD I Pritchard
Department of Zoology, University Park, Nottingham
Parasite Immunol 13:187-99. 1991..1 x 10(-8) M). Ancylostoma ceylanicum, another hookworm species, failed to produce comparable amounts of AChE in culture...
- Gastrointestinal and ectoparasites from urban stray dogs in Fortaleza (Brazil): high infection risk for humans?Sven Klimpel
Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre BiK F, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Georg Voigt Str 14 16, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Parasitol Res 107:713-9. 2010..In the intestinal content, 3,162 specimens of four helminth species were found: Ancylostoma caninum (prevalence, 95.7%), Dipylidium caninum (45.7%), Toxocara canis (8.7%) and Trichuris vulpis (4.3%)...
- [Toxocara spp. and other helminths in squares and parks of Ciudad Bolívar, Bolivar State (Venezuela)]Rodolfo Devera
Grupo de Parasitosis Intestinal, Departamento de Parasitologia y Microbiologia, Escuela de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad de Oriente, Ciudad Bolivar, Estado Bolivar, Venezuela
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 26:23-6. 2008..Ciudad Bolívar (Bolivar State, Venezuela) is a city with a large dog population. This fact has led to an effort to determine of prevalence of eggs from Toxocara spp. and other helminths in public squares and parks in this city...
- Controlling soil-transmitted helminthiasis in pre-school-age children through preventive chemotherapyMarco Albonico
Ivo de Carneri Foundation IdCF, Milano, Italy
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2:e126. 2008..with soil-transmitted helminths (STHs): Ascaris lumbricoides (roundworm), Trichuris trichiura (whipworm), and Ancylostoma duodenale/Necator americanus (hookworms)...
- The mitochondrial genomes of Ancylostoma caninum and Bunostomum phlebotomum--two hookworms of animal health and zoonotic importanceAaron R Jex
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Werribee, Victoria 3030, Australia
BMC Genomics 10:79. 2009..Mitochondrial (mt) genes are known to provide useful population markers for hookworms, but mt genome sequence data are scant...
- Prevalence of Giardia intestinalis and other zoonotic intestinal parasites in private household dogs of the Hachinohe area in Aomori prefecture, Japan in 1997, 2002 and 2007Naoyuki Itoh
1st Department of Small Animal Internal Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, Kitasato University 23 35 1 Higashi, Towada, Aomori 034 8628, Japan
J Vet Sci 10:305-8. 2009..All intestinal parasites detected in the present study (Giardia intestinalis, Isospora spp., Toxocara canis, Ancylostoma caninum, Trichuris vulpis and Strongyloides stercoralis) showed no changes in prevalence over the past 10 years ..
- Parasites of stray dogs in the Rabat region, MoroccoV S Pandey
, Rabat Institut, Morocco
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 81:53-5. 1987..pisiformis each 12.3%, Dipetalonema dracunculoides 10.5%, Ancylostoma caninum 17.5% Echinococcus granulosus 22.8%, Toxascaris leonina 33.3%, Dipylidium caninum 40...
- Arsenic-contaminated water and extent of acute childhood malnutrition (wasting) in rural BangladeshKeiko Minamoto
Department of Preventive and Environmental Medicine, Graduate School of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kumamoto University, 1 1 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 8556, Japan
Environ Sci 12:283-92. 2005..and intensity of infection of three geo-helminths [Ascaris lumbricoides, Trichuris trichiura and hookworm (Ancylostoma duodenale or Necator americanus)] were determined...
- [Effect of albendazole and pyrantel in treating intestinal helminthiasis and controlling the recurrence of hookworm infections]X R Zhang
Institute of Antiparasitic Diseases, Sichuan Academy of Medical Sciences, Chengdu
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 8:96-9. 1990..The predominant species of hookworm infections was Necator americanus before the treatment and Ancylostoma duodenale after the treatment. It was demonstrated that the recurrence of hookworm infection resulted from A...
- An investigation of hookworm infection and reinfection following mass anthelmintic treatment in the south Indian fishing community of VairavankuppamM R Haswell-Elkins
Department of Pure and Applied Biology, Imperial College, University of London
Parasitology 96:565-77. 1988..The hookworm population consisted of predominantly Necator americanus, and less than 10% of Ancylostoma duodenale...
- Epidemiological study of non-systemic parasitism in dogs in southeast Mediterranean Spain assessed by coprological and post-mortem examinationC Martínez-Carrasco
Parasitología y Enfermedades de Parasitarias, Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Murcia, 30100 Campus de Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
Zoonoses Public Health 54:195-203. 2007..This suggests that the dominant species was Uncinaria spp. and not the more zoonotically important Ancylostoma spp...
- Intestinal parasites of dogs on the Galapagos IslandsE N Gingrich
Colorado State University, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Fort Collins, CO, USA
Vet Parasitol 169:404-7. 2010..DNA and Giardia spp. DNA was performed on all positive samples to provide the infecting genotypes. Ancylostoma caninum (57.7%) and Toxocara canis (16.5%) were most commonly detected, followed by Giardia spp. (5...
- Ecological analyses of the intestinal helminth communities of the wolf, Canis lupus, in SpainJuan Matías Segovia
Laboratori de Parasitologia, Departament de Microbiologia i Parasitologia Sanitaries, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Avda Joan XVIII s n, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 50:231-6. 2003..aff. litteratus, Toxocara canis (Werner, 1782), Toxascaris leonina (von Linstow, 1902), Ancylostoma caninum (Ercolani, 1859) and Trichuris vulpis (Froelich, 1789), behave as satellite species...
- Differential diagnosis of Trichostrongylus and hookworm eggs via PCR using ITS-1 sequenceTai Soon Yong
Department of Parasitology and Institute of Tropical Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 45:69-74. 2007..reported so far. Then, this sequence was compared with those of human hookworm species, Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus, and species-specific oligonucleotide primers were designed...
- Parasites in patients with malabsorption syndrome: a clinical study in children and adultsBijayini Behera
Department of Microbiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Dig Dis Sci 53:672-9. 2008..Intestinal parasites not only cause diarrheal diseases but also significant malabsorption. Literature on the role of parasites, such as intestinal coccidia and microsporidia in malabsorption syndrome is limited...
- Parasites of importance for human health in Nigerian dogs: high prevalence and limited knowledge of pet ownersUade Samuel Ugbomoiko
Department of Zoology, University of Ilorin, Nigeria
BMC Vet Res 4:49. 2008..Dogs are the most common pet animals worldwide. They may harbour a wide range of parasites with zoonotic potential, thus causing a health risk to humans. In Nigeria, epidemiological knowledge on these parasites is limited...
- Characterization of beta-tubulin genes in hookworms and investigation of resistance-associated mutations using real-time PCRJan M Schwenkenbecher
Department of Infectious Diseases, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Georgia, 501 D W Brooks Drive, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 156:167-74. 2007Human hookworms (Ancylostoma duodenale, Necator americanus) are a major cause of malnutrition and anemia, particularly in children, and high worm burdens can lead to stunted growth and mental retardation...
- Improved insights into the transcriptomes of the human hookworm Necator americanus--fundamental and biotechnological implicationsElida M Rabelo
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, 250 Princes Highway, Werribee, Victoria 3030, Australia
Biotechnol Adv 27:122-32. 2009..molecules relate to the pathogenesis-related protein (PRP) superfamily, comprising various members, such as the Ancylostoma-secreted or activation-associated proteins (ASPs) and the kunitz-type proteins, both of which are inferred to ..
- Studies in enteric anthelmintics: activity profile of prodrug of a bisbenzimidazole A M Khan
Parasitology Division, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India
Z Naturforsch C 46:673-7. 1991..At a dose of 25 mg/kg, compound 2 was 100% effective against Ancylostoma ceylanicum in hamsters...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial of the Na-ASP-2 hookworm vaccine in unexposed adultsJeffrey M Bethony
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Tropical Medicine, George Washington University Health Center, Washington, DC 20037, United States
Vaccine 26:2408-17. 2008Necator americanus Ancylostoma Secreted Protein-2 (Na-ASP-2) is a leading larval-stage hookworm vaccine candidate. Recombinant Na-ASP-2 was expressed in Pichia pastoris and formulated with Alhydrogel...
- The mucosal response to secondary infection with Ancylostoma ceylanicum in hamsters immunized by abbreviated primary infectionL Alkazmi
School of Biology, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Parasite Immunol 32:47-56. 2010We assessed the mucosal response of previously infected hamsters to low-dose challenge with the hookworm, Ancylostoma ceylanicum...
- Stray animal and human defecation as sources of soil-transmitted helminth eggs in playgrounds of Peninsular MalaysiaS N Mohd Zain
Institute of Biological Science, University of Malaya, 50603Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Helminthol 89:740-7. 2015..7%) the highest, followed by Ascaris (93.3%), Ancylostoma (88.3%) and Trichuris (77.0%)...
- Distinction of human hookworm larvae based on lectin-binding characteristicsS Kumar
Department of Life Sciences, University of Nottingham, University Park, UK
Parasite Immunol 14:233-7. 1992..A comparative study of lectin binding to ensheathed (EnL3) and exsheathed (ExL3) L3 larvae of Necator americanus, Ancylostoma duodenale and Ancylostoma ceylanicum revealed a number of differences between these hookworm species...
- Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of two formulations of pyrantel pamoate in catsC R Reinemeyer
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37901 1071
Am J Vet Res 51:932-4. 1990..of paste and granule formulations of pyrantel pamoate against concurrent infections of Toxocara cati and Ancylostoma tubaeforme in cats was examined in a controlled trial...
- An examination of current control strategies for Asian schistosomiasis in the Dongting lake region of China. II. A five year follow-up survey on Qingshan islandA G Ross
Australian Centre for International and Tropical Health and Nutrition, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
Acta Trop 68:93-104. 1997..In 1996, the overall prevalence for Schistosoma japonicum, Ascaris lumbricoides, Ancylostoma duodenale, and Trichuris trichiura had decreased moderately since 1991. The age-specific prevalence for S...
- Genes and genomes of Necator americanus and related hookwormsM Blaxter
ICAPB, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Int J Parasitol 30:347-55. 2000The human hookworms (Necator americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale) infect over one billion people. The phylogenetic relationships of the human hookworms suggest independent acquisition of the human host...
- Antibodies to selected canine pathogens and infestation with intestinal helminths in golden jackals (Canis aureus) in IsraelM Shamir
Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, P O Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Vet J 162:66-72. 2001..3% (25/46), 52.2% (24/46), and 6.5% (3/46) respectively. Faecal flotation tests revealed a high prevalence of Ancylostoma caninum (13/17, 76%) and a low prevalence of Dipilidium caninum infestation...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of Ac-mep-1, a developmentally regulated gut luminal metalloendopeptidase from adult Ancylostoma caninum hookwormsBrian F Jones
Medical Helminthology Laboratory, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 119:107-16. 2002A zinc metalloendopeptidase cDNA (Ac-mep-1) was cloned from Ancylostoma caninum adult hookworms. Ac-mep-1 is encoded by a 2.8 kb mRNA with a predicted open reading frame (ORF) of 870 amino acids (predicted pI=5.5, m.w.=98...
- Prevalence of endoparasitic infection in children and its relation with cholera prevention efforts in MexicoCharles T Faulkner
University of Tennessee, Department of Comparative Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee 37796 4543, United States of America
Rev Panam Salud Publica 14:31-41. 2003....
- Polymerase chain reaction-based differential diagnosis of Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus infections in humans in northern GhanaJohanna M de Gruijter
Department of Parasitology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Trop Med Int Health 10:574-80. 2005We evaluated a two-step semi-nested polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based approach for the specific detection of Ancylostoma duodenale DNA in human faeces...
- Cloning and characterization of a novel immunogenic protein 3 (NIP3) from Brugia malayi by immuno screening of a phage-display cDNA expression libraryMunirathinam Gnanasekar
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Illinois College of Medicine, 1601 Parkview Avenue, Rockford, IL 61107, USA
Parasitol Res 97:49-58. 2005..EST database analysis showed that ESTs from several gastrointestinal nematodes such as Ancylostoma caninum, Teladorsagia circumcincta, Haemonchus contortus and Strongyloides stercoralis has BmNIP3 homologues, ..
- Imidacloprid/moxidectin topical solution for the prevention of heartworm disease and the treatment and control of flea and intestinal nematodes of catsR G Arther
Bayer HealthCare, Animal Health Division, 12707W 63rd St, Shawnee Mission, KS 66216, USA
Vet Parasitol 133:219-25. 2005..cati larvae. The formulation provided 98.8-100% efficacy against adult Ancylostoma and immature adults and third-stage A. tubaeforme larvae...
- [Current prevalence of toxocariasis and other intestinal parasitoses among dogs in Bratislava]A Totkova
Parazitologický ustav LF UK Bratislava
Epidemiol Mikrobiol Imunol 55:17-22. 2006..7%) and 2 (0.4%) samples, respectively. Taenia sp., Dipilidium caninum, Ancylostoma sp., Capillaria sp., Trichuris vulpis and Strongyloides sp. were also among intestinal worms detected...
- Faecal helminth egg and oocyst counts of a small population of African lions (Panthera leo) in the southwestern Kalahari, NamibiaY Smith
Department of Zoology and Entomology, University of the Free State, P O Box 339 Bloemfontein, 9300 South Africa
Onderstepoort J Vet Res 73:71-5. 2006..A flotation technique was employed for the diagnosis of parasites. Three nematodes, Ancylostoma braziliense, Gnathostoma spinigerum and Uncinaria stenocephala and two coccidians, Toxoplasma gondii and ..
- Colitis due to Ancylostoma duodenaleVarghese Thomas
Department of Gastroenterology, Medical College Hospital, Calicut 673 008, India
Indian J Gastroenterol 25:210-1. 2006..Colonoscopy revealed several hookworms in the colon firmly adherent to the mucosa, with oozing of blood and surrounding mucosal erosions. He was treated with mebendazole and symptoms recovered completely...
- Saposin-like proteins from the intestine of the blood-feeding hookworm, Ancylostoma caninumT A Don
Helminth Biology Laboratory, Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Queensland 4006, Australia
Parasitology 134:427-36. 2007..We have cloned and expressed Ancylostoma caninum mRNAs encoding 2 proteins belonging to the saposin-like protein (SAPLIP) family, termed Ac-slp-1 and Ac-..
- Protective immunity elicited by ultraviolet-irradiated third-stage infective hookworm (Necator americanus and Ancylostoma caninum) larvae in mice and hamstersXue Jian
National Institute of Parasitic Diseases, Chinese Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 37:885-95. 2006..immunity elicited by ultraviolet-irradiated third-stage infective larvae of Necator americanus (UV-NaL3) and Ancylostoma caninum (UV-AcL3) was evaluated in laboratory mice (a non-permissive model) and hamsters (a permissive model)...
- Parasites as probes for prehistoric human migrations?Adauto Araujo
Fundação Oswaldo Cruz Escola Nacional de Saude Publica Rua Leopoldo Bulhoes 1480, Rio de Janeiro 2104 210, RJ, Brazil
Trends Parasitol 24:112-5. 2008..Helminths have been found in mummies and coprolites in North and South America. Hookworms (Necator and Ancylostoma), whipworms (Trichuris trichiura) and other helminths require specific conditions for life-cycle completion...
- A novel small heat shock protein 12.6 (HSP12.6) from Brugia malayi functions as a human IL-10 receptor binding proteinMunirathinam Gnanasekar
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Rockford, IL 61107, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 159:98-103. 2008..malayi HSP12.6 (BmHSP12.6) and has orthologues in several gastrointestinal nematode genome (Ancylostoma caninum, Ascaris lumbricoides and Ascaris suum) but the gene or gene product has not been studied further in ..
- Therapeutic potential of helminth soluble proteins in TNBS-induced colitis in miceNathalie E Ruyssers
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine and Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
Inflamm Bowel Dis 15:491-500. 2009..We investigated the therapeutic potential of Schistosoma mansoni and Ancylostoma caninum soluble proteins on experimental colitis in mice.
- Predatory activity of nematophagous fungi on infective larvae of Ancylostoma sp.: evaluation in vitro and after passing through the gastrointestinal tract of dogsR O Carvalho
Departamento de Veterinaria, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, Vicosa, MG 36570 000, Brazil
J Helminthol 83:231-6. 2009..sinense (SF53), Arthrobotrys conoides (I-40), A. cladodes (CG719) and A. robusta (I-31) on infective Ancylostoma sp. larvae (L3) was evaluated...
- [In vitro effect of medicinal scorpion on the larvae of Ancylostoma caninum]Zheng Min Xu
Department of Pathogenic Biology and Immunology, Medical School, Xiangfan Vocational and Technical College, Xiangfan 441021, China
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 26:387-8, 391. 2008Five gram stool sample from dog infected with Ancylostoma caninum was smeared on filter paper for routine cultivation under 35 degrees C with moist condition for 24 hours...
- [Zoonotic parasites in dog feces at public squares in the municipality of Itabuna, Bahia, Brazil]Pedro C Campos Filho
Curso de Biomedicina, Universidade Estadual de Santa Cruz UESC Ilhéus, BA
Rev Bras Parasitol Vet 17:206-9. 2008..Of the total analized samples, 56.3% show some parasitic evolutive form. Ancylostoma sp. was the most frequently (47.9%), followed by Strongyloides stercortalis (6...
- Epidemiological survey on gastro-intestinal and blood-borne helminths of dogs in north-east GabonB Davoust
Direction régionale du service de santé des armies de Toulon, BP 80, 83800 Toulon armees, France
Onderstepoort J Vet Res 75:359-64. 2008..5% of the samples. Trichuris vulpis was observed in 49.5% of cases, and Uncinaria spp. and Ancylostoma spp. in 34.8%, Spirocerca lupi in 25.3% and Capillaria spp. in 10.6%. Cestode embryophores were found in 8...
- Bioinformatic analysis of abundant, gender-enriched transcripts of adult Ascaris suum (Nematoda) using a semi-automated workflow platformC Cantacessi
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mol Cell Probes 23:205-17. 2009..orthologues encoded predominantly major sperm proteins (MSPs), kinases and phosphatases, actins, myosins and an Ancylostoma secreted protein-like molecule...
- Prevalence of intestinal parasitosis in a rural population in Egypt, and its relation to socio-demographic characteristicsIman M Bakr
Department of Community, Environmental and Occupational Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo 11566, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 39:371-81. 2009..31%, Hymenolepis nana 2.96%, Schistosoma mansoni 2.45% and Ancylostoma duodenale 2.23%. Males were significantly infected with S. mansoni than females...
- Systems metabolic effects of a necator americanus infection in Syrian hamsterYulan Wang
State Key Laboratory of Magnetic Resonance and Atomic and Molecular Physics, Wuhan Centre for Magnetic Resonance, Wuhan Institute of Physics and Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan 430071, People s Republic of China
J Proteome Res 8:5442-50. 2009Hookworms (Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus) are blood-feeding intestinal nematodes that infect approximately 700 million people worldwide...
- The biological control of Ancylostoma spp. dog infective larvae by Duddingtonia flagrans in a soil microcosmA S Maciel
Laboratorio de Parasitologia, Departamento de Veterinaria, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, Minas Gerais, 36570 000, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 173:262-70. 2010..the potential ability of the nematode-trapping fungus Duddingtonia flagrans (Isolate CG768) to prey on the Ancylostoma spp. dog infective larvae (L(3)) in pasteurized soil were performed through several laboratory assays...
- Short report: Human Trichostrongylus colubriformis infection in a rural village in LaosMegumi Sato
Department of Helminthology, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Am J Trop Med Hyg 84:52-4. 2011..The common human hookworm was found in only 3 participants; 1 case of Necator americanus, and 2 cases of Ancylostoma duodenale. In contrast, adult Trichostrongylus worms were expelled from most participants (43 of 46, 93.5%)...
- Angiogenesis and parasitic helminth-associated neovascularizationRoger D Dennis
Institute for Biochemistry, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Friedrichstrasse 24, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Parasitology 138:426-39. 2011..In contrast, the nematode anti-coagulant protein NAPc2 from adult Ancylostoma caninum is also an anti-angiogenic factor.
- Prevalence of gastrointestinal parasites of stray dogs impounded by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA), Durban and Coast, South AfricaS Mukaratirwa
School of Biological and Conservation Sciences, University of KwaZulu Natal, Westville Campus, Durban, 4000 South Africa
J S Afr Vet Assoc 81:123-5. 2010..1% and protozoan parasites 6.9%). The following parasites and their prevalences were detected; Ancylostoma sp. (53.8%), Trichuris vulpis (7.9%), Spirocerca lupi (5.4%), Toxocara canis (7.9%), Toxascaris leonina (0...
- A coproantigen diagnostic test for Strongyloides infectionAlex M Sykes
Clinical Tropical Medicine Laboratory, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, University of Queensland, Herston, Australia
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e955. 2011..No cross-reactivity was observed with purified E/S from Schistosoma japonicum, the hookworms Ancylostoma caninum, A. ceylanicum, nor with fecal samples collected from rodents harboring Trichuris muris or S...
- Helminth parasites in faecal samples from the endangered Iberian lynx (Lynx pardinus)L Acosta
Area de Parasitología, Departamento de Agroquímica y Medio Ambiente, Universidad Miguel Hernandez de Elche, Ctra Valencia Km 8 7, 03550 San Juan, Alicante, Spain
Vet Parasitol 179:175-9. 2011..and Taenia spp.) and four Nematodes (Ancylostoma spp., Toxocara spp., Toxascaris leonina, and Capillaria sp.)...
- An epidemiological study of intestinal parasites of dogs from Yucatan, Mexico, and their risk to public healthRoger Ivan Rodriguez-Vivas
Campus de Ciencias Biológicas y Agropecuarias, Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan, Merida, Mexico
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 11:1141-4. 2011..Eggs of four species of helminths (Ancylostoma caninum, Thichuris vulpis, Toxocara canis, and Dipylidium caninum) and coccidian oocysts were detected. A...
- Prevalence and risk factors of Giardia duodenalis in dogs from RomaniaViorica Mircean
University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj Napoca, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases Department, 3 5 Mănăştur Street, 400372, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Vet Parasitol 184:325-9. 2012..9%), Isospora ohioensis (12/52; 23.1%), Ancylostoma caninum (9/52; 17.3%), Uncinaria stenocephala (7/52; 13.5%), Trichocephalus vulpis (6/52; 11...
- Comparison of novel and existing tools for studying drug sensitivity against the hookworm Ancylostoma ceylanicum in vitroLucienne Tritten
Department of Medical Parasitology and Infection Biology, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, CH 4002 Basel, Switzerland
Parasitology 139:348-57. 2012..and acid phosphatase activity assays, as well as isothermal calorimetry and the xCELLigence System using Ancylostoma ceylanicum third-stage larvae, stimulated third-stage larvae and adults...
- Disintegrins from hematophagous sourcesTeresa C F Assumpção
Vector Biology Section, Laboratory of Malaria Vector Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Toxins (Basel) 4:296-322. 2012..g., Lutzomyia sp., Phlebotomus sp.), leeches (e.g., Macrobdella sp., Placobdella sp.) and worms (e.g., Ancylostoma sp.)...
- The mucosal response of hamsters exposed to weekly repeated infections with the hookworm Ancylostoma ceylanicumL M M Alkazmi
School of Biology, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
J Helminthol 87:309-17. 2013..out to assess mucosal changes in hamsters exposed to weekly repeated low-intensity infections with the hookworm Ancylostoma ceylanicum...
- Hookworm virulence factors: making the most of the hostMaria V Periago
Instituto René Rachou Fiocruz, Avenida Augusto de Lima 1715, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Microbes Infect 14:1451-64. 2012Hookworm disease from Necator americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale affects approximately 700 million people, with N. americanus being the predominant species. Unlike other pathogens (e.g...
- Prevalence of faecal-borne parasites in colony stray cats in northern ItalyEva Spada
University of Milan, Department of Health, Animal Science and Food Safety, Milano, Italy
J Feline Med Surg 15:672-7. 2013..1%; P <0.0001). The other species found by coproscopic examination were: Ancylostoma tubaeformae (7.2%), Isospora species (4.3%), Trichuris vulpis (2.9%), Dipylidium caninum (2...
- Molecular cloning and expression of the cDNA sequence encoding a novel aspartic protease from Uncinaria stenocephalaKatarzyna Wasyl
Division of Parasitology, Department of Preclinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Warsaw University of Life Sciences SGGW, Ciszewskiego 8, 02 786 Warsaw, Poland
Exp Parasitol 134:220-7. 2013..This analysis is the first phase of work exploring the biological role of Us-APR-1 in parasite-host interactions and raises hope for successful vaccine development against Uncinaria sp. and possibly Ancylostoma sp.
- In vitro screening of compounds against laboratory and field isolates of human hookworm reveals quantitative differences in anthelmintic susceptibilityRebecca S Treger
Department of Pediatrics and Program in International Child Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research, University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana Chemical Genomics Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland Yale School of Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
Am J Trop Med Hyg 90:71-4. 2014A panel of 80 compounds was screened for anthelmintic activity against a laboratory strain of Ancylostoma ceylanicum and field isolates of hookworm obtained from school children in the Kintampo North District of the Brong Ahafo Region of ..
- Data on the parasitological status of golden jackal (Canis aureus L., 1758) in HungaryAndrás Takács
University of Debrecen Centre for Agricultural and Applied Economic Sciences Debrecen Hungary
Acta Vet Hung 62:33-41. 2014..30%), Capillaria aerophila (5%), Toxocara canis (20%), Toxascaris leonina (15%), Trichuris vulpis (10%), Ancylostoma caninum (45%), Uncinaria stenocephala (40%), Capillaria plica (45%) have been identified...
- Engineering novel anticoagulant proteins by motif graftingYuanjun Zhu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Peking University, No 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing, 100191, China
Protein Pept Lett 21:159-63. 2014..The motif corresponded to the residues Cys15 to Cys42 of Ancylostoma caninum anticoagulant peptide 5 (AcAP5), a potent FXa inhibitor...
- Parasitological and hematological aspects of co-infection with Angiostrongylus vasorum and Ancylostoma caninum in dogsRuth Massote Dracz
Department of Parasitology, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Presidente Antônio Carlos 6627, 31270 901 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 200:111-6. 2014..vasorum, which is a parasite of the pulmonary artery and right ventricle in domestic and wild canids, and Ancylostoma caninum, which is a parasite of the small intestine in felids and domestic and wild canids...
- Efficacy of milbemycin oxime in combination with spinosad in the treatment of larval and immature adult stages of Ancylostoma caninum and Toxocara canis in experimentally infected dogsDwight D Bowman
College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Vet Parasitol 205:134-9. 2014b>Ancylostoma caninum and Toxocara canis are two important zoonotic parasites of dogs...
- Recombinant nematode anticoagulant protein c2 inhibits cell invasion by decreasing uPA expression in NSCLC cellsYu Tong
Laboratory of Early Developmental Injuries, West China Institute of Woman and Children s Health, and Department of Pediatrics, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, P R China
Oncol Rep 33:1815-22. 2015..protein c2 (NAPc2) is an 85-residue polypeptide originally isolated from the hematophagous hookworm, Ancylostoma caninum...
- The genome and transcriptome of the zoonotic hookworm Ancylostoma ceylanicum identify infection-specific gene familiesErich M Schwarz
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
Nat Genet 47:416-22. 2015..Unlike other hookworms, Ancylostoma ceylanicum infects both humans and other mammals, providing a laboratory model for hookworm disease...
- A novel isothermal microcalorimetry tool to assess drug effects on Ancylostoma ceylanicum and Necator americanusDayana Flores
Department of Medical Parasitology and Infection Biology, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, CH 4002, Basel, Switzerland
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 100:837-46. 2016..a novel microcalorimeter, the calScreener™, to study the viability on the hookworms Necator americanus and Ancylostoma ceylanicum as well as the whipworm Trichuris muris...
- Dog overpopulation and burden of exposure to canine distemper virus and other pathogens on Santa Cruz Island, GalapagosNicole M Diaz
College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0136, USA
Prev Vet Med 123:128-37. 2016..or Anaplasma spp., as well as infection with Ancylostoma spp., an intestinal parasite in dogs that can be transmitted to humans, particularly children...
- Molecular identification of Ancylostoma species from dogs and an assessment of zoonotic risk in low-income households, São Paulo State, BrazilA P Oliveira-Arbex
UNESP Universidade Estadual Paulista, Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Biociencias, CEP 18618 970, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Helminthol 91:14-19. 2017..7%) were successfully sequenced for species identification. Single infections with Ancylostoma caninum and Ancylostoma braziliense were recorded in 61.4% and 12...
- Aberrant Ancylostoma sp. in the brain of a dogAmie Perry
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA Electronic address
Vet Parasitol 223:210-3. 2016..Based on morphology and molecular analysis, these were identified as Ancylostoma sp.
- Evaluation of an FDA approved library against laboratory models of human intestinal nematode infectionsJennifer Keiser
Department of Medical Parasitology and Infection Biology, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Basel, Switzerland
Parasit Vectors 9:376. 2016..with soil-transmitted helminths (STH) - Ascaris lumbricoides, Trichuris trichiura and the two hookworm species, Ancylostoma duodenale and Necator americanus - are limited despite their considerable global health burden...
- Odanacatib, a Cathepsin K Cysteine Protease Inhibitor, Kills Hookworm In VivoJon J Vermeire
Center for Discovery and Innovation in Parasitic Diseases, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Pharmaceuticals (Basel) 9:. 2016..To discover new drugs, we employ a hamster model of hookworm infection with Ancylostoma ceylanicum and use albendazole (ABZ; 10 mg/kg orally) as the gold standard therapy...
- Ancylostoma ceylanicum hookworm infection in Japanese traveler who presented chronic diarrhea after return from Lao People's Democratic RepublicDaisuke Kaya
Department of Gastroenterology, Nara Prefecture General Medical Center, 1 30 1 Hiramatsu cho, Nara 631 0846, Japan
Parasitol Int 65:737-740. 2016b>Ancylostoma (A...
- Rhynchorhina mauritaniensis, a new genus and species of wedgefish from the eastern central Atlantic (Elasmobranchii: Batoidea: Rhinidae)Bernard Séret
IchtyoConsult, 6 bis rue du Centre, 91430 Igny, France email
Zootaxa 4138:291-308. 2016..members of the genus Rhynchobatus, by its snout shape, more broadly rounded like that of the shark-ray Rhina ancylostoma, instead of being typically wedge-shaped as in Rhynchobatus species...
- The roundworm Strongyloides stercoralis in children, dogs, and soil inside and outside a segregated settlement in Eastern Slovakia: frequent but hardly detectable parasiteG Štrkolcová
Department of Epizootiology and Parasitology, University of Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy, Komenskeho 73, 041 81, Kosice, Slovak Republic
Parasitol Res . 2017..stercoralis larvae were observed in two samples (14.3%); however, 13 samples (92.9%) were positive for human or dog endoparasites of the genera Ancylostoma, Ascaris, Toxocara, Toxascaris, Trichuris, and Hymenolepis.
- A serologically diagnosed human case of cutaneous larva migrans caused by Ancylostoma caninumIn Ho Kwon
Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 744, Republic of Korea
Korean J Parasitol 41:233-7. 2003..The patient's serum reacted strongly to the Ancylostoma caninum antigen by an ELISA method. Therefore, he was diagnosed with cutaneous larva migrans by A. caninum...
- Defining target specificity of oxadiazole 2-oxides in Ancylostoma ceylanicumJon J Vermeire; Fiscal Year: 2012..Project: 1K22AI089969-01 Title: Defining target specificity of oxadiazole 2-oxides in Ancylostoma ceylanicum Accession Number: 3233568 ================== NOTICE: THIS ABSTRACT WAS EXTRACTED FROM APPLICATION ..
- Michael D Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2016..provided by applicant): Approximately one billion people are infected with hookworms (Necator americanus and Ancylostoma duodenal) which are a major global cause of anemia and malnutrition...
- Molecular characterization of a hookworm Macrophage Migration Inhibitory FactorJon J Vermeire; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the inflammatory mammalian cytokine macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) from the human hookworm Ancylostoma ceylanicum...
- The Molecular Pathogenesis of Hookworm AnemiaMichael Cappello; Fiscal Year: 2001..function have been identified in soluble protein extracts and secretory products of the human hookworm parasite Ancylostoma ceylanicum. The anticoagulant has been cloned from adult A...
- The Molecular Pathogenesis of Hookworm AnemiaMichael Cappello; Fiscal Year: 2005..function have been identified in soluble protein extracts and secretory products of the human hookworm parasite Ancylostoma ceylanicum. The anticoagulant has been cloned from adult A...
- A GENOME SCAN FOR SUSCEPTIBILITY TO HELMINTHIC INFECTIONSarah Williams Blangero; Fiscal Year: 2009..trait loci effects on susceptibility to roundworm (Ascaris lumbricoides), hookworm (Necatur americanus and Ancylostoma duodenale), and whipworm (Trichuris trichiura) infection to a total of 10 chromosomal regions...
- Gene Silencing in adult hookworms using RNA interferenceMichael Cappello; Fiscal Year: 2005..technologies to NIAID-funded research) is to develop a reliable method of gene silencing in adult Ancylostoma ceylanicum hookworms utilizing the technique of RNA interference (RNAi)...
- The role of MIF in hookworm infection and diseaseMichael Cappello; Fiscal Year: 2009..cytokine Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor (MIF) has recently been cloned from the human hookworm Ancylostoma ceylanicum. Preliminary data suggest that the recombinant A...
- A novel platelet inhibitor from bloodfeeding hookwormsMichael Cappello; Fiscal Year: 2003..A potent inhibitor of human platelet function has been isolated from the bloodfeeding hookworm, Ancylostoma caninum...
- CLONING AND EXPRESSION OF THE HOOKWORM ANTICOAGULANTMichael Cappello; Fiscal Year: 1999..The candidate has already isolated this novel 16 kDa protein from lysates of Ancylostoma duodenale...
- Mucosal Immune Responses in Hookworm InfectionRichard Bungiro; Fiscal Year: 2006..Accordingly, the aim of this project will be to characterize mucosal immune responses in the hamster model of Ancylostoma ceylanicum hookworm infection to the antibody, cellular, and cytokine levels...
- Structural Basis of Novel Hookworm VaccinesOluwatoyin Asojo; Fiscal Year: 2006..HHVI vaccine candidates include Na-ASP-2 and Na-ASP-1, 2 members of the Ancylostoma secreted protein (ASP) family...
- Proteomic Analysis of Hookworm Larval ActivationJohn Hawdon; Fiscal Year: 2006..These proteins represent potential vaccine antigens and drug targets for the prevention of hookworm infection and the control of hookworm disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of insulin-like signaling in the hookworm infective processJohn M Hawdon; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will also provide insight into the basic molecular mechanisms operating during infection and the establishment of parasitic relationships that are relevant to other parasitic nematode infections of human significance. ..
- Function of a Neuropeptide Gene Family in C. elegansChristine Li; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, because C. elegans is the current genetic model system for parasitic nematodes, elucidating the functions of neuropeptides and their signaling pathways may identify new antihelmintic drug targets. ..
- PREGNANCY INDUCED REACTIVATION OF ARRESTED HOOKWORMSPrema Arasu; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study is focused on pregnancy- induced reactivation and transmammary transmission of arrested Ancylostoma larvae because hookworms infect about 1...
- HOOKWORM LARVAL INFECTIVITY AND DEVELOPMENTPeter Hotez; Fiscal Year: 2002..After host entry, larvae of the genus Ancylostoma can exercise one of two developmental options that allows them to either (1) continue tissue invasion and ..
- Identification of Relaxin Receptor AntagonistsSheau Yu Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2005..These antagonists could be used to block relaxin action during preterm labor as well as provide a tool for further research on the role of LGR7 and LGR8 in reproductive tract physiology. ..
- Role of RAMPs in Intermedin SignalingSheau Yu Teddy Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- PHYSIOLOGY OF RELAXIN-INSULIN-LIKE FACTORSSheau Yu Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additionally, knowledge gathered from the proposed experiments would help the diagnosis and treatment of diseases associated with the dysfunction of these novel relaxin/insulin-like factors. ..
- METHODS, DEVICES, KITS AND COMPOSITIONS FOR DETECTING ROUNDWORM, WHIPWORM, AND HOOKWORMPatent Number: EP2281196-A2; Date:2011-02-09
- METHODS, DEVICES, KITS AND COMPOSITIONS FOR DETECTING ROUNDWORM, WHIPWORM, AND HOOKWORMPatent Number: KR1020110031161-A; Date:2011-03-24
- COMPOSITIONS, DEVICES, KITS AND METHODS FOR DETECTING HOOKWORMPatent Number: KR1020110096573-A; Date:2011-08-30