Genomes and Genes
Alias: pigs, swine, wild boar, Sus scrofa, Sus scrofa Linnaeus, 1758, Sus scrofus
Publications432 found, 100 shown here
- A new method for predicting signal sequence cleavage sitesG von Heijne
Nucleic Acids Res 14:4683-90. 1986..The predictive accuracy is estimated to be around 75-80% for both prokaryotic and eukaryotic proteins...
- The g.243A>G mutation in intron 17 of MUC4 is significantly associated with susceptibility/resistance to ETEC F4ab/ac infection in pigsQ L Peng
Key Laboratory for Animal Biotechnology of Jiangxi Province and the Ministry of Agriculture of China, Jiangxi Agricultural University, 330045, Nanchang, China
Anim Genet 38:397-400. 2007..243A>G mutation, we argue that the inheritance of F4ab and F4ac receptors might be under the control of two closely linked loci...
- Cellular poly(c) binding proteins 1 and 2 interact with porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus nonstructural protein 1β and support viral replicationLalit K Beura
Morrison Research Center, 4240 Fair Street, East Campus, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, NE 68583 0900, USA
J Virol 85:12939-49. 2011Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) infection of swine results in substantial economic losses to the swine industry worldwide...
- Asymmetrical myocardial expression of natriuretic peptides in pacing-induced heart failureSilvia Del Ry
CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology and G Monasterio Foundation CNR Regione Toscana, Via Giuseppe Moruzzi 1, Pisa, Italy
Peptides 30:1710-3. 2009..Higher BNP mRNA expression in the PS is consistent with a reduction in contractile function in this region, while higher CNP mRNA expression in the OS suggests the presence of concomitant endothelial dysfunction in the remote region...
- Immunobiotic Lactobacillus jensenii elicits anti-inflammatory activity in porcine intestinal epithelial cells by modulating negative regulators of the Toll-like receptor signaling pathwayTomoyuki Shimazu
Food Immunology Group, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Infect Immun 80:276-88. 2012....
- A regulatory mutation in IGF2 causes a major QTL effect on muscle growth in the pigAnne Sophie Van Laere
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala University, BMC, Box 597, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Nature 425:832-6. 2003..A paternally expressed QTL affecting muscle growth, fat deposition and size of the heart in pigs maps to the IGF2 (insulin-like growth factor 2) region...
- A mutation in PRKAG3 associated with excess glycogen content in pig skeletal muscleD Milan
Laboratoire de Genetique Cellulaire, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA, 31326 Castanet Tolosan, France
Science 288:1248-51. 2000A high proportion of purebred Hampshire pigs carries the dominant RN- mutation, which causes high glycogen content in skeletal muscle. The mutation has beneficial effects on meat content but detrimental effects on processing yield...
- Polymorphism in the ELOVL6 gene is associated with a major QTL effect on fatty acid composition in pigsJordi Corominas
Departament de Genètica Animal, Centre de Recerca en Agrigenòmica, Bellaterra, Spain
PLoS ONE 8:e53687. 2013..The main goal of this work was to fine-map the QTL and to evaluate the ELOVL6 gene as a positional candidate gene affecting the percentages of palmitic and palmitoleic fatty acids in pigs.
- RAG1/2 knockout pigs with severe combined immunodeficiencyJiao Huang
Laboratory of Animal Cloning, South China Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Guangzhou Institutes of Biomedicine and Health, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou 510530, China
J Immunol 193:1496-503. 2014b>Pigs share many physiological, biochemical, and anatomical similarities with humans and have emerged as valuable large animal models for biomedical research...
- Transforming growth factor beta (TGFB) signaling is activated during porcine implantation: proposed role for latency-associated peptide interactions with integrins at the conceptus-maternal interfaceDana A Massuto
Departments of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences Veterinary Large Animal Clinical Sciences Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 4458, USA
Reproduction 139:465-78. 2010..at the conceptus-maternal interface to mediate events essential for conceptus development and attachment in pigs. Uteri and conceptuses from days 10, 12, 16, 20, and 24 pregnant gilts were immunostained for TGFB, LAP, and ITG ..
- Timing of Plk1 and MPF activation during porcine oocyte maturationMartin Anger
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6018, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 69:11-6. 2004..We find that Plk1 is activated before MPF, which is consistent with its role in activating MPF in mammalian oocytes...
- Molecular cloning and functional characterization of porcine stimulator of interferon genes (STING)Lilan Xie
Division of Animal Infectious Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
Dev Comp Immunol 34:847-54. 2010..Altogether, these results indicate that STING is an important regulator of porcine innate immune signaling. The results will help better understand the biological role(s) of STING in innate immunity during evolution...
- A missense mutation in PPARD causes a major QTL effect on ear size in pigsJun Ren
Key Laboratory for Animal Biotechnology of Jiangxi Province and the Ministry of Agriculture of China, Jiangxi Agricultural University, Nanchang, China
PLoS Genet 7:e1002043. 2011..Historically, the large-ear feature has been selected for the ancient sacrificial culture in Erhualian pigs. By using a selective sweep analysis, we then refined the critical region to a 630-kb interval containing 9 ..
- Effect of conceptus secretions on HOXA10 and PTGS2 gene expression, and PGE2 release in co-cultured luminal epithelial and stromal cells of the porcine endometrium at the time of early implantationA Blitek
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences, Olsztyn, Poland
Theriogenology 76:954-66. 2011..the endometrium of adult porcine uteri, however there is little information concerning the role of this gene in the pig. Objectives of the present study were to examine: 1) the expression of HOXA10 in the endometrium of cyclic and ..
- Arginine, leucine, and glutamine stimulate proliferation of porcine trophectoderm cells through the MTOR-RPS6K-RPS6-EIF4EBP1 signal transduction pathwayJinYoung Kim
WCU Biomodulation Major, Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Biol Reprod 88:113. 2013During the peri-implantation and early placentation periods in pigs, conceptuses (embryo and its extra-embryonic membranes) undergo dramatic morphological changes and differentiation that require the exchange of nutrients (histotroph) and ..
- Patterns of corpora lutea growth and progesterone secretion in sows with thrifty genotype and leptin resistance due to leptin receptor gene polymorphisms (Iberian pig)P Gonzalez-Añover
NUTEGA, Coslada, Madrid, Spain
Reprod Domest Anim 46:1011-6. 2011..by corpora lutea dynamics and progesterone secretion, in 10 sows with obesity/leptin resistance genotype (Iberian pig) and 10 females of lean commercial crosses (Large White × Landrace)...
- Confirmed association between a single nucleotide polymorphism in the FTO gene and obesity-related traits in heavy pigsLuca Fontanesi
DIPROVAL, Sezione di Allevamenti Zootecnici, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Bologna, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Mol Biol Rep 37:461-6. 2010..276T > G) is associated with fat deposition traits in pigs. To confirm this result, we genotyped this polymorphism in an Italian Duroc population made up by 313 performance ..
- Epithelial induction of porcine suppressor of cytokine signaling 2 (SOCS2) gene expression in response to Entamoeba histolyticaTimothée Bruel
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UR1282, Infectiologie Animale et Sante Publique, Nouzilly, Tours, France
Dev Comp Immunol 34:562-71. 2010..Our data shed light on the understanding of the early response of polarized intestinal cells to E. histolytica and identified a potential involvement of SOCS2 in the parasite regulation of the host response...
- Molecular characterization, induced expression, and transcriptional regulation of porcine S100A12 geneHongbo Chen
Key Lab of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding, and Reproduction of Ministry of Education and Key Laboratory of Swine Genetics and Breeding of Ministry of Agriculture, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, PR China
Mol Immunol 47:1601-7. 2010....
- Evolutionary study of a potential selection target region in the pigA Ojeda
Facultat de Veterinaria, Departament de Ciencia Animal i dels Aliments, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Heredity (Edinb) 106:330-8. 2011..of ∼500 bp equally spaced in a 2 Mb region in the vicinity of the FAT1 region in a wide-diversity panel of 32 pigs. Asian and European animals, including local Mediterranean and international pig breeds, were sequenced...
- Evolution of the porcine (Sus scrofa domestica) immunoglobulin kappa locus through germline gene conversionJohn C Schwartz
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, University of Minnesota, 1971 Commonwealth Avenue, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Immunogenetics 64:303-11. 2012..The IG kappa (IGK) locus in swine (Sus scrofa domestica) contributes to approximately half of all antibody molecules, in contrast to many other ..
- Susceptibility of piglets to enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli is not related to the expression of MUC13 and MUC20M Schroyen
Livestock Genetics, Department Biosystems, KULeuven, Heverlee, Belgium
Anim Genet 43:324-7. 2012..Economically, the swine industry is by far the most affected by infections with ETEC because of mortality, morbidity and decreased growth ..
- Sources and biological actions of relaxin in pigsC A Bagnell
Department of Animal Sciences, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08903
J Reprod Fertil Suppl 48:127-38. 1993..Uterotrophic effects of relaxin have been reported in rodents and swine and support the hypothesis that relaxin promotes uterine growth and expansion in early pregnancy to accommodate ..
- Fine mapping of a swine quantitative trait locus for number of vertebrae and analysis of an orphan nuclear receptor, germ cell nuclear factor (NR6A1)Satoshi Mikawa
Division of Animal Sciences, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8602, Japan
Genome Res 17:586-93. 2007..We previously identified two quantitative trait loci (QTL) for the number of vertebrae on Sus scrofa chromosomes (SSC) 1 and 7. These QTL explained an increase of more than two vertebrae...
- Contrasting mode of evolution at a coat color locus in wild and domestic pigsMeiying Fang
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS Genet 5:e1000341. 2009..diversity at the porcine melanocortin receptor 1 (MC1R) locus, we provide evidence that wild and domestic pig (Sus scrofa) haplotypes from China and Europe are the result of strikingly different selection pressures, and that coat ..
- Intestinal expression of TFF and related genes during postnatal development in a piglet probiotic trialJutta Scholven
Freie Universitat Berlin, Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry, Berlin, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 23:143-56. 2009..However, a feed supplementation with the probiotic strain Enterococcus faecium did not influence TFF expression...
- Detection of quantitative trait loci for fat androstenone levels in pigsR Quintanilla
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, France
J Anim Sci 81:385-94. 2003A QTL analysis of fat androstenone levels from a three-generation experimental cross between Large White and Meishan pig breeds was carried out...
- Identification of a mutation in porcine ryanodine receptor associated with malignant hyperthermiaJ Fujii
Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Science 253:448-51. 1991..MH) causes neurological, liver, and kidney damage and death in humans and major economic losses in the swine industry...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinases in the porcine retinal arteries and neuroretina following retinal ischemia-reperfusionBodil Gesslein
Department of Ophthalmology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Mol Vis 16:392-407. 2010..The aim of the present study was to examine changes in the expression of intracellular signal-transduction pathways, specifically mitogen-activated protein kinases, following retinal ischemia-reperfusion...
- Expression of porcine CD163 on monocytes/macrophages correlates with permissiveness to African swine fever infectionC Sanchez-Torres
Dpto Biotecnología, Instituto Nacional de Investigacion y Tecnologia Agraria y Alimentaria INIA, Ctra de La Coruña Km 7 5, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Arch Virol 148:2307-23. 2003Monocytes-macrophages, the target cells of African swine fever virus (ASFV) are highly heterogeneous in phenotype and function...
- Pig conceptuses secrete estrogen and interferons to differentially regulate uterine STAT1 in a temporal and cell type-specific mannerMargaret M Joyce
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
Endocrinology 148:4420-31. 2007..in response to day of pregnancy, estrogen injection, and intrauterine infusion of conceptus secretory proteins in pigs indicated 1) estrogen increases STAT1 in luminal epithelial cells, 2) conceptus secretory proteins that contain ..
- The chromosomal localization, expression pattern and polymorphism analysis of porcine FSCN1 gene differently expressed from LongSAGE libraryZh L Tang
Key Laboratory for Farm Animal Genetic Resources and Utilization of Ministry of Agriculture of China, Institute of Animal Science, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 100193, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 37:2361-7. 2010..prenatal skeletal muscle development and exhibited different expression pattern between Tongcheng and Landrace pigs. In Tongcheng pigs, FSCN1 expression was similar at 33 and 65 days post conception (dpc), and then sharply ..
- Resuscitation of hypoxic newborn piglets with supplementary oxygen induces dose-dependent increase in matrix metalloproteinase-activity and down-regulates vital genesRønnaug Solberg
Department of Paediatric Research, University of Oslo, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Pediatr Res 67:250-6. 2010..The aim was to study changes in oxidative stress-associated markers in liver and lung tissue of newborn pigs after acute hypoxia followed by reoxygenation for 30 min with 21, 40, or 100% oxygen compared with room air or to ..
- In vivo forced expression of myocardin in ventricular myocardium transiently impairs systolic performance in early neonatal pig heartMario Torrado
Developmental Biology Group, Institute of Health Sciences, University of La Coruna, Spain
Int J Dev Biol 53:1457-67. 2009..Extended analysis on day 7 post-delivery revealed a drop decrease in myocd-A transgene expression in target LVFW regions which was correlated with normalization of the LV systolic parameters in experimented piglets...
- Genetic variation in exon 10 of the BPI gene is associated with Escherichia coli F18 susceptibility in Sutai pigletsLu Liu
Key Laboratory for Animal Genetics, Department of Animal Genetics, College of Animal Science and Technology, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, Jiangsu, PR China
Gene 523:70-5. 2013..The AA genotype for the HpaII site in exon 10 of the porcine BPI gene was demonstrated to be an anti-ETEC F18 marker and could be used for selective breeding to enhance ETEC F18 resistance...
- Dynamic changes in TAP1 expression levels in newborn to weaning piglets, and its association with Escherichia coli F18 resistanceJ Wang
College of Animal Science and Technology, Key Laboratory for Animal Genetics, Breeding, Reproduction and Molecular Design of Jiangsu Province, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, China
Genet Mol Res 13:3686-92. 2014..The high expression level of TAP1 indicated that the gene might play an important role in Escherichia coli F18 resistance. ..
- Susceptibility towards enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli F4ac diarrhea is governed by the MUC13 gene in pigsJun Ren
Key Laboratory for Animal Biotechnology of Jiangxi Province and the Ministry of Agriculture of China, Jiangxi Agricultural University, Nanchang, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e44573. 2012Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) F4ac is a major determinant of diarrhea and mortality in neonatal and young pigs. Susceptibility to ETEC F4ac is governed by the intestinal receptor specific for the bacterium and is inherited as a ..
- Expression of leptin and its receptor genes in the ovarian follicles of cycling and early pregnant pigsN Smolinska
Department of Animal Physiology, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Poland
Animal 7:109-17. 2013..The differences in OB-Rb gene expression in porcine GC and theca cells also suggest that their sensitivity to leptin varies in the ovaries of pregnant and cyclic pigs.
- Integration of porcine chromosome 13 mapsM Van Poucke
Department of Animal Nutrition, Genetics, Breeding and Ethology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Merelbeke, Belgium
Cytogenet Cell Genet 93:297-303. 2001..This integrated map will give us the opportunity to take maximal advantage of the comparative mapping strategy for positional candidate cloning of genes responsible for economically important traits...
- Gene discovery and expression profiling in porcine Peyer's patchC M T Dvorak
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, University of Minnesota, 1971 Commonwealth Avenue, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 105:301-15. 2005....
- Genomic structure, promoter analysis and expression of the porcine (Sus scrofa) TLR4 geneAnne V Thomas
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Sart Tilman B43, B 4000 Liege, Belgium
Mol Immunol 43:653-9. 2006..As the pig industry faces a unique array of related pathogens, it is anticipated that the genotype of swine TLR4 could be of crucial importance in future strategies aimed at improving genetic resistance to infectious ..
- Functional consequences of the oligomeric form of the membrane-bound gastric H,K-ATPaseJai Moo Shin
Department of Physiology and Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, and VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA jaishin ucla edu
Biochemistry 44:16321-32. 2005..It appears that the catalytic subunits of the oligomer during turnover in intact gastric vesicles are restricted to a reciprocal E(1):E(2) configuration...
- The mutation causing the black-and-tan pigmentation phenotype of Mangalitza pigs maps to the porcine ASIP locus but does not affect its coding sequenceCord Drogemuller
Institute of Animal Breeding and Genetics, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Hannover, 30559, Germany
Mamm Genome 17:58-66. 2006..similar mouse coat color mutants, it seems therefore conceivable that the black-and-tan pigmentation of Mangalitza pigs is caused by an ASIP allele a(t), which is recessive to the wild-type allele A...
- Expression of the vascular endothelial growth factor-receptor system in the porcine endometrium throughout the estrous cycle and early pregnancyMonika M Kaczmarek
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Pathophysiology, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, Olsztyn, Poland
Mol Reprod Dev 75:362-72. 2008..insert domain-containing receptor, Flk-1/KDR) in the endometrium during the estrous cycle and early pregnancy in pigs. The VEGF-receptor system was localized in epithelial and stromal cells, blood vessels, and myometrium...
- Elastase-mediated activation of the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus spike protein at discrete sites within the S2 domainSandrine Belouzard
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 285:22758-63. 2010..We propose a novel mechanism whereby SARS-CoV fusion protein function can be controlled by spatial regulation of the proteolytic priming site, with important implications for viral pathogenesis...
- IGF expression patterns and regulation in growth plate chondrocytesWerner Schlegel
Medical University of Vienna, Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Vienna, Austria
Mol Cell Endocrinol 327:65-71. 2010..The abundant expression of IGF-II in porcine growth plate tissue, both on the mRNA and on the protein level, suggests that IGF-II also has a role in growth regulation at the early postnatal stage...
- Porcine S100A8 and S100A9: molecular characterizations and crucial functions in response to Haemophilus parasuis infectionHongbo Chen
Key Lab of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding, and Reproduction of Ministry of Education, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, Hubei, PR China
Dev Comp Immunol 35:490-500. 2011..Interestingly, the maximum increase of mRNA levels in blood cultures of Meishan pigs is significantly greater than that in Duroc pigs...
- New investigations around CYP11A1 and its possible involvement in an androstenone QTL characterised in Large White pigsAnnie Robic
INRA, UMR444, Laboratoire de Genetique Cellulaire, 31326 Castanet Tolosan, France
Genet Sel Evol 43:15. 2011..is located in a region where a QTL influencing boar fat androstenone levels has been detected in a Large White pig population...
- Targeted gene-silencing reveals the functional significance of myocardin signaling in the failing heartMario Torrado
Developmental Biology Group, Institute of Health Sciences, University of La Coruna, La Coruna, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e26392. 2011..However, the molecular and functional consequences of myocd upregulation in HF are still unclear...
- Age-dependent expression of the BPI gene in Sutai pigletsJ Zhu
College of Animal Science and Technology, Key Laboratory for Animal Genetics, Breeding, Reproduction and Molecular Design of Jiangsu Province, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, China
Genet Mol Res 12:2120-6. 2013....
- Reproductive, endocrine and metabolic feto-maternal features and placental gene expression in a swine breed with obesity/leptin resistanceA Gonzalez-Bulnes
Departamento de Reproduccion Animal, Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Agrarias, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Gen Comp Endocrinol 176:94-101. 2012The current study was conducted in a swine breed (Iberian pig) with a genotype that predisposed the pig to obesity...
- Long form of leptin receptor gene and protein expression in the porcine ovary during the estrous cycle and early pregnancyNina Smolinska
Department of Animal Physiology, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, 10 719 Olsztyn Kortowo, Oczapowskiego 1A, Poland
Reprod Biol 7:17-39. 2007..In summary, the obtained results indicate that leptin may participate in the control of pig reproduction at the ovarian level and have a direct effect on the ovary during both, the luteal phase of the cycle ..
- Evidence for linkage between K88ab, K88ac intestinal receptors to Escherichia coli and transferrin loci in pigsG Guerin
Laboratoire de Génétique Biochimique, INRA CRJ, Jouy en Josas, France
Anim Genet 24:393-6. 1993..coli adhesins (K88abR, K88acR) and at the transferrin (TF) locus was studied in 38 pig families including 273 piglets...
- Identification, chromosomal mapping and conserved synteny of porcine Argonaute family of genesXiang Zhou
Department of Genetics and Center for Developmental Biology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan, 430072, People s Republic of China
Genetica 138:805-12. 2010..Here we report identification of six Argonaute genes in pig, four members of the Ago subfamily (Ago1, Ago2, Ago3 and Ago4) and two members of the Piwi subfamily (Piwil1 and ..
- The influence of the PRKAG3 mutation on glycogen, enzyme activities and fibre types in different skeletal muscles of exercise trained pigsAnna Granlund
Department of Clinical Sciences, Section for Comparative Physiology and Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 750 07, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Vet Scand 53:20. 2011..Many pigs of Hampshire origin have a naturally occurring dominant mutation in the AMPK γ3 subunit...
- Investigation on the transcription factors of porcine 3β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase genesXinxing Dong
College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University, 100094 Beijing, China
Gene 499:186-90. 2012..Our study gives new insights to the transcriptional regulation of 3βHSD1 and 17βHSD7 and further hints to their involvement in steroid metabolism...
- Involvement of sialoadhesin in entry of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus into porcine alveolar macrophagesNathalie Vanderheijden
Laboratory of Virology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Flanders Interuniversity Institute of Biotechnology VIB, 5830 AA Boxmeer, The Netherlands
J Virol 77:8207-15. 2003..It shared 69 and 78% amino acid identity, respectively, with mouse and human sialoadhesins. Swine (PK-15) cells resistant to viral entry were transfected with the cloned p210 cDNA and inoculated with European or ..
- Comparative sequence analysis of the PRKAG3 region between human and pig: evolution of repetitive sequences and potential new exonsV Amarger
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Cytogenet Genome Res 102:163-72. 2003..missense mutation in the PRKAG3 gene causes a dominant phenotype involving abnormally high glycogen content in pig skeletal muscle...
- Functional analysis of the porcine USP18 and its role during porcine arterivirus replicationTahar Ait-Ali
The Roslin Institute and Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Roslin, Midlothian EH25 9PS, UK
Gene 439:35-42. 2009..Little is known about deubiquitylation in pig and arterivirus infection...
- Variation in the IGF2 gene promoter region is associated with intramuscular fat content in porcine skeletal muscleOzlem Aslan
Teagasc Food Research Centre, Ashtown, Dublin 15, Ireland
Mol Biol Rep 39:4101-10. 2012..in the insulin-like growth factor 2 gene (IGF2) has been associated with a desirable reduction in BF depth in pigs. Given that the lipid metabolism of intramuscular adipocytes differs from that of subcutaneous fat adipocytes, this ..
- Toll-like receptor 4 polymorphism impairing lipopolysaccharide signaling in Sus scrofa, and its restricted distribution among Japanese wild boar populationsHiroki Shinkai
Agrogenomics Research Center, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences NIAS, Ibaraki, Japan
DNA Cell Biol 31:575-81. 2012..We previously found seven amino acid polymorphisms in Sus scrofa TLR4...
- Highly pathogenic porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus impairs LPS- and poly(I:C)-stimulated tumor necrosis factor-alpha release by inhibiting ERK signaling pathwayJun Hou
State Key Laboratory of Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
Virus Res 167:106-11. 2012..Taken together, our results indicated that HP-PRRSV infection could impair TNF-α production by inhibiting ERK signaling pathway, which might partially contribute to the pathogenesis of HP-PRRSV...
- The sequence of porcine apolipoprotein E (APOE) cDNAA Brzozowska
Department of Animal Science, Agricultural University, As, Norway
DNA Seq 4:207-10. 1993..The porcine APOE cDNA sequence is 1122 bp in length and encodes a pre-protein of 317 amino acids. The inferred porcine amino acid sequence corresponds to the human APOE-4 isoform...
- Isolation and genetic characterization of the porcine apolipoprotein E geneJ J Ramsoondar
Department of Veterinary Anatomy and Public Health, College of Veterinary Medicine and Center for Animal Genetics, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 4458, USA
Anim Genet 29:43-7. 1998..Finally, localization of the porcine apo-E gene to chromosome 6 band q2.1 was determined by fluorescent in situ hybridization and confirmed by genetic linkage analysis...
- Sialomucin complex (Muc4) expression in porcine endometrium during the oestrous cycle and early pregnancyA D Ferrell
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma Agriculture Experiment Station, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 75078 6051, USA
Reprod Domest Anim 38:63-5. 2003The non-invasive type of implantation in the pig is characterized by the maintenance of a thick glycocalyx coating on the uterine epithelial surface microvilli...
- Meiotic resumption of porcine immature oocytes is prevented by ooplasmic Gsalpha functionsMarie Morikawa
Laboratory of Applied Genetics, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Science, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Reprod Dev 53:1151-7. 2007....
- The fat mass and obesity-associated (FTO) gene is associated with intramuscular fat content and growth rate in the pigBin Fan
Department of Animal Science and Center for Integrated Animal Genomics, Iowa State University, Ames, USA
Anim Biotechnol 20:58-70. 2009..Here, the FTO gene was studied as a candidate gene for fatness and growth rate traits in pigs. The amino acid sequence of the FTO gene showed high conservation among human, pig, and other important domestic ..
- Exon-skipping brain natriuretic peptide variant is overexpressed in failing myocardium and attenuates brain natriuretic peptide production in vitroMario Torrado
Institute of Health Sciences, University of La Coruna, Spain
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 235:941-51. 2010..The pig DeltaE2-NPPB mRNA is effectively translated into stable protein in cell-based assays but, in contrast to normally ..
- Evidence for expression of relaxin hormone-receptor system in the boar testisShinichi Kato
Laboratory of Animal Reproduction and Physiology, Faculty of Agriculture, Shizuoka University, 836 Ohya, Suruga, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka 422 8529, Japan
J Endocrinol 207:135-49. 2010..Thus, we provide evidence for expression of RLN-RXFP1 ligand-receptor system in the boar testis, suggesting that the testis act as a source and possible target tissue of RLN...
- Sequence of the swine major histocompatibility complex region containing all non-classical class I genesP Chardon
Laboratoire de Radiobiologie et Etude du Génome, INRA CEA, Jouy en Josas, France
Tissue Antigens 57:55-65. 2001..conserved in the SLA and HLA complexes, except for the SC1 gene which displayed a shift of the reading frame in swine. The cluster of the three SLA class I-related genes (Ib) and the MIC1 and MIC2 genes were located in the middle of ..
- Characterization of porcine dentin sialoprotein (DSP) and dentin sialophosphoprotein (DSPP) cDNA clonesYasuo Yamakoshi
University of Michigan Dental Research Laboratory, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
Eur J Oral Sci 111:60-7. 2003..We have constructed and screened a unidirectional cDNA library derived from the pulp organ of developing pig teeth, and isolated cDNA clones encoding DSP-only, as well as two DSPP clones with alternative sequences in their 3'..
- Genetic evidence for the introgression of Western NR6A1 haplotype into Chinese Licha breed associated with increased vertebral numberG Yang
Key Laboratory for Animal Biotechnology of Jiangxi Province, Ministry of Agriculture of China, Jiangxi Agricultural University, 330045 Nanchang, China
Anim Genet 40:247-50. 2009There is evidence that NR6A1 is a strong candidate for being a causal gene underlying vertebral number in pigs. The Licha Black is one of the leanest Chinese indigenous pig breeds, having an average vertebral number of 21.5...
- Cloning and spatio-temporal expression of porcine CDK5 and CDK5R1(p35) genesHuan Long
Key Laboratory of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding and Reproduction of Ministry of Education, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, P R China
Anim Biotechnol 20:133-43. 2009..In the present study, the full-length coding regions of CDK5 and CDK5R1 were cloned from pigs. Radiation hybrid mapping localized porcine CDK5 to chromosome 18q12-13, whereas CDK5R1 was electro-localized to ..
- Fine mapping of quantitative trait loci for meat color on Sus scrofa chromosome 6: analysis of the swine NUDT7 geneM Taniguchi
Animal Genome Research Unit, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Ibaraki 305 0901, Japan
J Anim Sci 88:23-31. 2010..Our previous analyses of a whole genome QTL scan for various meat qualities using 2 F(2) families from Japanese wild boar (known as a red meat) x Large White and from Duroc x Chinese Jinhua suggested that a meat color (heme content) ..
- Myocardin mRNA is augmented in the failing myocardium: expression profiling in the porcine model and human dilated cardiomyopathyMario Torrado
Developmental Biology Unit, Institute of Health Sciences, University of La Coruna, Campus de Oza, Bldg El Fortín, As Xubias s n, 15006, La Coruna, Spain
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:566-77. 2003..The study revealed the following novel findings: (1) myocardin transcripts are detected in neonatal human and pig hearts at lower levels than in mature cardiac tissues, (2) the myocardin transcript pool is significantly augmented ..
- The porcine major histocompatibility complex and related paralogous regions: a reviewP Chardon
Laboratoire de Radiobiologie et d Etude du Génome, Département de Génétique Animale, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, 78352, Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Genet Sel Evol 32:109-28. 2000..In swine, the MHC is called the SLA (swine leukocyte antigen) and most of its class I region has been sequenced...
- Melanocortin receptor 1 (MC1R) mutations and coat color in pigsJ M Kijas
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, S 751 24, Uppsala, Sweden
Genetics 150:1177-85. 1998..The European wild boar possessed a unique MC1R allele that we believe is required for the expression of a wild-type coat color...
- Comparative sequence analysis of the INS-IGF2-H19 gene cluster in pigsValerie Amarger
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Box 597, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Mamm Genome 13:388-98. 2002IGF2 is the major candidate gene for a paternally expressed Quantitative Trait Locus (QTL) in the pig primarily affecting muscle development...
- A mapping and evolutionary study of porcine sex chromosome genesClaire R Quilter
Human Molecular Genetics Group, Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QP, UK
Mamm Genome 13:588-94. 2002A combination of FISH and RH mapping was used to study the evolution of sex chromosome genes in the pig. In total, 19 genes were identified, including 3 PAR genes (STS, KAL, PRK)...
- The mechanism of myosin VI translocation and its load-induced anchoringDavid Altman
Department of Physics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cell 116:737-49. 2004..From our results, we propose a mechanism of myosin VI stepping that predicts a regulation through load of the motor's roles as transporter and anchor...
- Identification and characterization of novel peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPAR-gamma) transcriptional variants in pig and humanT Omi
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Institute of Animal Sciences, Zurich, Switzerland
J Anim Breed Genet 122:45-53. 2005..To date, two major PPAR-gamma isoforms have been identified in pig, PPAR-gamma1 and PPAR-gamma2...
- Dentin sialophosphoprotein is processed by MMP-2 and MMP-20 in vitro and in vivoYasuo Yamakoshi
Departments of Biologic and Materials Sciences, University of Michigan Dental Research Laboratory, 1210 Eisenhower Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
J Biol Chem 281:38235-43. 2006..Exact correspondence between DSPP cleavage sites that occur in vivo and those generated in vitro demonstrates that MMP-2 and MMP-20 process DSPP into smaller subunits in the dentin matrix during odontogenesis...
- Porcine dentin sialophosphoprotein: length polymorphisms, glycosylation, phosphorylation, and stabilityYasuo Yamakoshi
Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
J Biol Chem 283:14835-44. 2008..We isolated DPP from individual pigs and determined that its N-terminal and C-terminal domains are glycosylated and that DPP averages 155 phosphates per ..
- cDNA cloning of porcine brain prolyl endopeptidase and identification of the active-site seryl residueD Rennex
Friedrich Miescher Institut, Basel, Switzerland
Biochemistry 30:2195-203. 1991..This difference and the lack of overall homology with the known families of serine proteases suggest that prolyl endopeptidase represents a new type of serine protease...
- Molecular cloning and sequencing of porcine somatostatin receptor 2K Matsumoto
First Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Tokushima, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 199:298-305. 1994..5%, similarity 99.2%) in amino acid sequence from human somatostatin receptor 2. The data indicate that the amino acid sequence is highly conserved in pig, human, rat and mouse somatostatin receptor 2.
- A microsatellite linkage map of the porcine genomeG A Rohrer
USDA, ARS, Roman L Hruska U S Meat Animal Research Center MARC, Clay Center, Nebraska 68933
Genetics 136:231-45. 1994..Linkage groups are assigned to 13 autosomes and the X chromosome (haploid n = 19). This map provides the basis for genetic analysis of quantitative inheritance of phenotypic and physiologic traits in swine.
- Regulation of interleukin-8 expression in porcine alveolar macrophages by bacterial lipopolysaccharideG Lin
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, St Paul 55108
J Biol Chem 269:77-85. 1994..macrophages may be a significant factor in host defense in the lung and in the pathogenesis of pneumonia in swine. To initiate molecular studies of IL-8 regulation in pigs, we cloned IL-8 cDNA and examined the regulation of its ..
- A novel protein phosphatase-1 inhibitory protein potentiated by protein kinase C. Isolation from porcine aorta media and characterizationM Eto
Division of Chemistry, Hokkaido University
J Biochem 118:1104-7. 1995..IP was phosphorylated by PKC and the phosphorylated product inhibited PA-MLCP as strongly as IP phosphorylated with IP-K...
- Characterization and identification of proteins secreted in the various regions of the adult boar epididymisP Syntin
Laboratoire de Physiologie de la Reproduction, URA INRA CNRS 1291, Nouzilly, France
Biol Reprod 55:956-74. 1996..Several polypeptides found in this study remain unidentified...
- Defining the structural determinants and a potential mechanism for inhibition of myosin phosphatase by the protein kinase C-potentiated inhibitor protein of 17 kDaY Hayashi
Division of Chemistry, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Science, Hokkaido 060 0810, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:39858-63. 2001..Thus, a central domain of CPI-17(35-120) including phospho-Thr(38) is necessary for recognition by myosin phosphatase and Tyr(41) arrests dephosphorylation, thereby producing inhibition...
- Porcine gene discovery by normalized cDNA-library sequencing and EST cluster assemblyScott C Fahrenkrug
USDA, ARS, U S Meat Animal Research Center, P O Box 166, Clay Center, Nebraska 68933, USA
Mamm Genome 13:475-8. 2002..suggests that the sequences from these two libraries represent portions of a significant number of independent pig genes...
- Comparative mapping of a region on chromosome 10 containing QTL for reproduction in swineD J Nonneman
USDA, ARS, US Meat Animal Research Center, Spur 18D, Clay Center, NB, USA
Anim Genet 34:42-6. 2003..Six genes from human chromosome 10p (AKR1C2, PRKCQ, ITIH2, ATP5C1, PIP5K2A and GAD2) were mapped in the MARC swine mapping population...
- Analysis and characterization of differential gene expression during rapid trophoblastic elongation in the pig using suppression subtractive hybridizationJason W Ross
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma Agriculture Experiment Station, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:23. 2003..A novel unknown gene was isolated and shown to be significantly up-regulated at the onset of rapid trophoblastic elongation and further enhanced in filamentous conceptuses...
- Cloning and characterization of boar epididymal secretory proteins by homology to the humanB Schafer
IHF Institut für Hormon und Fortpflanzungsforschung an der Universität Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Reprod Domest Anim 38:111-8. 2003..Both Northern and Western analyses indicated that the Se proteins were produced in a regionalized pattern and accumulated in the cauda fluid...
- 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and glucocorticoid receptor messenger RNA expression in porcine placentae: effects of stage of gestation, breed, and uterine environmentH G Klemcke
USDA ARS, Roman L Hruska U S Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, Nebraska 68933, USA
Biol Reprod 69:1945-50. 2003..Three pig models differing in uterine environment as reflected by embryonic survival from Days 24 to 40 were used: intact ..
- Increased VEGF expression in the epiphyseal cartilage after ischemic necrosis of the capital femoral epiphysisHarry K W Kim
Center for Research in Skeletal Development and Pediatric Orthopaedics, Shriners Hospitals for Children, 12502 Pine Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Bone Miner Res 19:2041-8. 2004....
- The concentration of apolipoprotein A-I decreases during experimentally induced acute-phase processes in pigsR Carpintero
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular y Celular, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Zaragoza, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
Infect Immun 73:3184-7. 2005..Decreases in the concentrations of ApoA-I, two to five times lower than the initial values, were observed at 2 to 4 days. It is concluded that ApoA-I is a negative acute-phase protein in pigs.
- Characterization of pig vasa homolog gene and specific expression in germ cell lineageGab Sang Lee
Department of Theriogenology and Biotechnology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Mol Reprod Dev 72:320-8. 2005..Our results suggest that Pvh gene can be a useful marker for germ cell development in pigs.
- Effects of early weaning and social isolation on the expression of glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid receptor and 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 and 2 mRNAs in the frontal cortex and hippocampus of pigletsR Poletto
Animal Behavior and Welfare Group, Department of Animal Science, Michigan State University, 1287 Anthony Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Brain Res 1067:36-42. 2006b>Pigs weaned at young ages show more abnormal and aggressive behaviors and cognitive deficits compared to later weaned pigs...
- Molecular cloning and regulation of porcine SULT2A1: relationship between SULT2A1 expression and sulfoconjugation of androstenoneP A Sinclair
Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
J Mol Endocrinol 36:301-11. 2006..Together, the results of this study suggest that differences in SULT2A1 expression can influence 5alpha-androstenone accumulation in fat...
- Porcine Parkin: molecular cloning of PARK2 cDNA, expression analysis, and identification of a splicing variantDitte Bjerre
Department of Genetics and Biotechnology, Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Tjele, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 347:803-13. 2006..This work reports the cloning and characterization of the porcine (Sus scrofa) PARK2 cDNA (SsPARK2) and splicing variants hereof...
Research Grants115 found, 100 shown here
- BONE MARROW CULTURE AND ENGRAFTMENT IN A SWINE MODELDavid Sachs; Fiscal Year: 1999..The miniature swine model has several advantages over other large animal models for this purpose, including defined transplantation ..
- High Throughput Cryopreservation of In Vivo-Derived Swine EmbryosRandall S Prather; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The current methods for cryopreservation of swine embryos are time consuming and troublesome...
- Screen for Identification of Important Human Birth Defect Models in SwineKate G Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal seeks to identify naturally occurring genetic swine models for specific birth defects for which large animal models are needed...
- Xiankai Sun; Fiscal Year: 2014..Aim 3: To longitudinally monitor the dynamic BCM change in T2D Ossabaw swine and assess the potential toxic effect of the longitudinal imaging procedure...
- Development of Ultrafine Particles for Intranasal Delivery of AntipsychoticsSANDRA EDITH NORIEGA; Fiscal Year: 2013..In vitro drug release examinations will be complemented by muco-adhesive tests, and ex vivo (swine nasal membrane) drug permeation studies...
- 2009 Spirochetes, Biology ofDavid A Haake; Fiscal Year: 2010..syphilis, Lyme disease, relapsing fever, leptospirosis, periodontal disease, digital dermatitis of cattle, and swine and human dysentery. Historically, spirochetes have been very difficult to study...
- Dynamic of Retroviruses Assembly and BuddingNOLWENN MONIQUE JOUVENET; Fiscal Year: 2010..and Immunology of the Institute for Animal Health, England, where I studied the intracellular transport of African swine fever virus, a large DNA virus. My work led to the publication of 3 first-author papers...
- Ibis T-6,000 Biosensor SystemCYNTHIA SEARS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Most recently, this system was used to diagnosis the first swine H1N1 2009 cases in the United States...
- Vitamin A adjuvant to enhance gut immunity and rotavirus vaccines in neonatesLinda J Saif; Fiscal Year: 2010..Also swine metabolize retinol comparable to humans...
- DOROTHY EILEEN VATNER; Fiscal Year: 2014..mechanisms of cardiac protection in the second window of ischemic protection in chronically instrumented conscious swine. The project is based, in part, on the novel observation that either regional cardiac denervation or adrenergic ..
- Mathematical Modeling of Inflammation in ARDSGary F Nieman; Fiscal Year: 2010..settings of acute inflammation, and have calibrated distinct variants of this model with data from mice, rats, swine, and humans (University of Pittsburgh Inflammatory Analyte/Modeling Component)...
- Prevalance of Community-Acquired MRSA in Live Pigs and thier Human HandlersLYNDA UJU ODOFIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Lt will determine if a strain of swine origin exists, and also explore the necessity and feasibility of implementing a nation-wide farm screening scheme ..
- Mathematical Modeling of Inflammation in ARDSYoram Vodovotz; Fiscal Year: 2010..settings of acute inflammation, and have calibrated distinct variants of this model with data from mice, rats, swine, and humans (University of Pittsburgh Inflammatory Analyte/Modeling Component)...
- Human embryonic stem cell-derived neural crest stem cells and Hirschsprung diseaSean J Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2010..amp;amp;control</keyword;keyword>*Stem Cell Transplantation</keyword;keyword>Swine</keyword;/keywords;dates;year>2000</year;pub-dates;date>Jun</date;/pub-dates;/dates;accession-num&..
- Barcoded Magnetic Beads for Rapid Tests of MRSA and Respiratory Viral PanelsWINSTON Z HO; Fiscal Year: 2010..The 2009 Influenza A/H1N1, or "swine flu," pandemic occupied the time and attention of many...
- Autologous EPC lining to improve biocompatibility of circulatory assist devicesJeffrey H Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2010..the following specific aims: Specific Aim 1: to genetically enhance endothelial progenitor cells, isolated from swine peripheral blood, by over-expressing the anticoagulant and anti-inflammatory protein thrombomodulin (TM) before ..
- CFI Pathogen Inactivation TechnologyTrevor P Castor; Fiscal Year: 2010..There are also a number of emerging viruses such as West Nile and the breaking Mexican swine flu, and a number of potential bioterrorism pathogens such as smallpox that are of concern to the safety of the ..
- A Revolutionary Therapy for Atherosclerosis: Liquid Cast Arterial StentsGuillermo A Ameer; Fiscal Year: 2010..this system in an ex vivo perfusion circuit;and 4) evaluate the liquid cast NO-eluting PDC stent system in a swine model of atherosclerosis to evaluate the in vivo polymerization of the device as well as overall outcome...
- Renovations of the Animal Care FacilityAWADH AMIR BINHAZIM; Fiscal Year: 2010..Currently the ACF houses mice, rats, rabbits, guinea pigs, and swine. Use of the facility has increased considerably in recent years: in 2007-2008, there were 27 investigators ..
- Construct novel influenza A (H1N1) virus chimeric HA genes for development of broVICTOR CHESTER HUBER; Fiscal Year: 2010..The recent emergence and pandemic classification of novel swine-origin influenza A H1N1 virus, 2009 A (H1N1) poses a significant threat to public health...
- Walter Newman; Fiscal Year: 2014..Studies described in the application will extend our testing of the inhibitors to a swine model of acute myocardial infarction.
- Development of Porcine Genetic Models of AtherosclerosisSCOTT CHRISTOPHER FAHRENKRUG; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Because the cardiovascular anatomy of swine is similar to humans with regard to size, morphology, relative collateral arterial supply, and the presence of a well-developed vasa vasorum, the porcine ..
- A Novel Therapy for Septic ShockXiaoling Qiang; Fiscal Year: 2011..pharmacokinetic properties of rhMFG-E8 in normal and septic animals;and 5) determine the efficacy of rhMFG-E8 in a swine model of septic shock...
- Stimulation of broadly neutralizing antibodies against influenza in a pig modelRADHEY SHYAM KAUSHIK; Fiscal Year: 2011..approached by an interdisciplinary team that consists of David Francis (Co-PI, Pig model), Radhey Kaushik (Co-PI, swine immunology), Feng Li (Investigator, influenza virology) and two swine influenza consultants (Weijun Ma and Mahesh ..
- Rational design of M2e-FP conserved epitope-based universal influenza A vaccinesLanying Du; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The recent global outbreak of influenza A caused by a novel swine-origin H1N1 influenza A virus (S-OIV) has led to a growing concern regarding the pandemic potential of the highly pathogenic avian ..
- Mechanisms of coronary microvascular dysfunction in metabolic syndromeJohnathan D Tune; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed studies will be performed on Ossabaw swine fed a normal maintenance diet (7% kcal from fat) or an atherogenic diet (45% kcal from fat and 2% cholesterol) for ..
- TRANSMISSION OF OSELTAMIVIR-RESISTANT INFLUENZA A H1N1 VIRUSES IN GUINEA PIGSNicole M Bouvier; Fiscal Year: 2012..The use of oseltamivir has dramatically increased during the current swine-origin A/H1N1 pandemic ;this has in turn increased the chances of selecting resistant viruses in novel A/H1N1-..
- Jianyi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have recently established a population of multipotent adult progenitor cells from swine bone marrow (sMPC) that can proliferate for >100 population doublings, and differentiate at the single cell ..
- Mechanisms of Immune Modulation by ProbioticsLijuan Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2012..facilitates extrapolating our findings to humans and prevents interference and confounding factors from wild swine rotavirus contaminations...
- Investigation of Occupational Exposure to and Infection by MRSA in Rural IowaTara Smith; Fiscal Year: 2012..As pilot studies by our group have documented the presence of MRSA in US swine, we seek to expand upon this research and examine the epidemiology of Staphylococcus aureus more broadly in ..
- Impact of Atrial Fibrillation and Surgical Ablation on Atrial FunctionJASON OWEN ROBERTSON; Fiscal Year: 2012..A Hanford mini-swine model of persistent AF will be employed whereby the animals will be atrially paced at 400 bpm with the ventricular ..
- IRES-mediated translation initiation on viral mRNAsCHRISTOPHER ULRICH TRISTRAM HELLEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The IRES of classical swine fever virus, a pestivirus, is substantially resistant to inhibition by eIF2 phosphorylation, which can be ..
- John M Canty; Fiscal Year: 2014..To ultimately enhance translation, studies will be conducted in swine with a heart size similar to humans...
- Hepatic Insulin Gene Therapy in SwinePeter M Thule; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Swine are a more accurate model of human responses to diabetes mellitus than rodents...
- David M Roth; Fiscal Year: 2016..determine if gene transfer of Cav-3 modulates ANP and shows efficacy in a preclinical model of heart failure in swine. State of the art molecular and physiological techniques will be used in the studies in clinically relevant models ..
- Edward O McFalls; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our group has successfully established a reproducible swine model of hibernating myocardium and has studied this model extensively...
- Nuclear magnetic Tirho relaxation in acute and chronic myocardial infarctionsWalter R T Witschey; Fiscal Year: 2013..In preliminary investigations performed on swine, T1A was shown to detect changes to the overall apparent exchange rate and rate of relaxation caused by rotational ..
- Amit Joshi; Fiscal Year: 2014..The developed system and methods will be validated on a clinically relevant Swine based animal model for detecting lymph node locations in three dimensions, following microdose intradermal ..
- CT Evaluation of the Myocardial Effects of Risk FactorsLilach O Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2013..Importantly, however, novel imaging techniques for studying the myocardial microcirculation, and swine models that mimic human cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology, now provide a unique opportunity to ..
- Stem Cell Based Therapy for Regenerative Endodontics George T J Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 3- To test pulp regeneration in a relevant tissue environment in swine. This experimental swine model simulates actual clinical applications in humans using autologous stem cells for ..
- Immune factors in vaccine-enhanced pandemic H1N1 influenza diseaseAmy L Vincent; Fiscal Year: 2013..A similar phenomenon of enhanced disease is observed in pigs after vaccination with an inactivated H1 swine influenza virus, followed by heterologous panH1N1 challenge...
- Exercise, Diabetes, &Coronary Smooth Muscle Ca2+Michael Sturek; Fiscal Year: 2013..e. peri-stent CAD. Major findings in our previous grant provide outstanding rationale for this project. Ossabaw swine have clinically significant atherosclerosis (>50% stenosis) and we have for the first time stented natural ..
- ALEJANDRO ROBERTO CHADE; Fiscal Year: 2015..We have developed a swine model of RAS that closely mimics the renal functional and structural changes that occur in humans with RAS, ..
- HEATHER MICHELLE FRITZ; Fiscal Year: 2015..g. swine, cattle, sheep) containing bradyzoite tissue cysts, or through congenital transmission...
- ROBERT MICHAEL ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2016..Such chimeras may also be valuable as an alternative to cloning for creating genetically modified swine. Aim 2 is to determine whether or not the various LIF-and FGF2-dependent piPSC at our disposal are superior donors ..
- W M BUJALOWSKI; Fiscal Year: 2016..Mammalian Polymerase ? (pol ?) and African Swine Fever Virus Polymerase X (pol X) provide outstanding model systems to study the molecular mechanism of the DNA ..
- Maja Nowakowski; Fiscal Year: 2015..S. Army) in the swine model, have established the remarkable sealing properties of the agent...
- Susceptibility and Protective Immunity to NorovirusesRalph S Baric; Fiscal Year: 2013..4 challenge model in swine and characterizes human monoclonal antibodies (mAb) to GI and GII strains, providing key reagents for advancing ..
- Transgenesis and XenotransplantationJorge A Piedrahita; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The ability to efficiently modify the swine genome to generate genetically modified animals has the potential to provide a novel source of cells/tissues for clinical applications...
- BRIAN RAYMOND WEIL; Fiscal Year: 2015..the capacity of each cell population to elicit improvements in myocardial contractile function and perfusion in swine with hibernating myocardium resulting from a chronic coronary stenosis...
- Johnathan D Tune; Fiscal Year: 2016..first evidence for impaired myocardial GLP-1 responses in the setting of the obese-metabolic syndrome (MetS) in swine and type 2 diabetes mellitus in humans...
- Tzung K Hsiai; Fiscal Year: 2015..New Zealand White (NZW) rabbits on a hypercholesterolemic diet, and applied our intravascular methodology to the swine model...
- Ying Ge; Fiscal Year: 2015..2) Determine altered protein modifications in KMRPs from hypertrophied and failing swine myocardium...
- Ellis L Reinherz; Fiscal Year: 2015..Such alterations adversely impact public health preparedness. The current swine flu H1N1 pandemic 2009 strain is a case in point...
- Michel G Bergeron; Fiscal Year: 2014..Seventeen viruses, including influenza A (such as avian flu and swine flu), influenza B, SARS coronavirus, parainfluenza, and adenovirus responsible for the majority of VRTI along with ..
- Genetic Epidemiology of Life-Threatening Influenza in ChildrenAdrienne G Randolph; Fiscal Year: 2013..We are in the midst of an influenza pandemic caused by a novel H1N1 influenza strain that includes swine origin viral DNA...
- Lilach O Lerman; Fiscal Year: 2015..To test this hypothesis we will utilize obese swine, a unique large animal model with a naturally occurring constellation of features of the MetS, and a combination ..
- Devendra K Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2016..effect of vitamin D status on the outcome measures of coronary patency following intervention in a well-controlled swine model of atherosclerosis and to determine the underlying cellular and molecular mechanisms...
- Debra Romberger; Fiscal Year: 2014..vivo in a mouse model that has all of the prominent features of the pulmonary disorders seen in persons working in swine confinement facilities...
- Michael J Passineau; Fiscal Year: 2015..Considering the substantial prior work that has been performed in miniature swine as a close-to- man model of salivary gland function, our first aim will be to upscale our UAGT technique in ..
- Chi Huey Wong; Fiscal Year: 2014..g., the rapid emergence of Tamiflu resistant "swine flu" during the 2009 level-6 pandemic outbreak) and antigenic drift (i.e., escape from protective immunity)...
- Jianyi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2015..Comparing two swine models of LVH secondary to pressure overload or to postinfarction LV remodeling, the effects of MSCs ..
- LINDA HICKAM; Fiscal Year: 2014..Missouri's agricultural diversity includes 107,825 farms, 3 million swine, over 3 million cattle, 4,448 egg retailers, 764 egg dealers, 8 processors, as well as 1,445 total permitted and ..
- Devendra K Agrawal; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 3: Our hypothesis predicts that enhanced inflammatory phenotype of EAT in obese and atherosclerotic swine is due to increased translocation of NF-?B to the nucleus via increased transcription and translation of importin-[..
- Structural insights into pandemic and emerging influenza virusesIan A Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, because we do not understand why certain viruses, such as the recent H1N1 2009 swine flu, are able to enter the human population and cause pandemics, we will also study the molecular basis of ..
- Lisa Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2016..If the Charm ROSA-M readers can be validated for the analysis of dog food, cattle feed, and swine feed, they will provide an easy method for minimally-trained personnel at multiple laboratories to quickly screen ..
- Pre-emptive conditioning of the ischemic heartDorothy E Vatner; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will combine an in vitro system (isolated cardiac myocytes and gene knockdown) with mouse models in vivo (TG and KO) and a pre-clinical model (gene delivery in the swine) to address these goals comprehensively.
- Characterization of Pancreatic Disease in a Novel Porcine Cystic Fibrosis ModelAliye Uc; Fiscal Year: 2010..We produced pigs (Sus scrofa) with a targeted disruption of both cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) alleles...
- DNA REPLICATION AND GENE EXPRESSION OF CHLORELLA VIRUSESJames Van Etten; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, chlorella viruses are an important model for studying large nucleocytoplasmic dsDNA viruses because they have evolutionary ties to important mammalian viruses, such as the pox viruses and the quarantined African swine fever virus.
- DOROTHY EILEEN VATNER; Fiscal Year: 2016..Therefore, we developed a swine model of repetitive episodes of low-flow coronary stenosis, which reproduces the conditions of transient and ..
- SAMIR S MITRAGOTRI; Fiscal Year: 2016..of In vivo Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Efficacy, and Safety of Mucoadhesive Patches in Rats and Miniature Swine. Using Sprague Dawley rats as an animal model, we will assess the ability of patches to deliver therapeutic doses ..
- Development of novel and stable glucagon formulations for closed loop systemsRoderike Pohl; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will demonstrate biological activity in a swine model and we will demonstrate that our formulation is compatible with a marketed insulin pump system at elevated ..
- Glycan receptors specific for canine influenza infectionXiu Feng Wan; Fiscal Year: 2013..As a zoonotic pathogen, influenza A viruses have a wide range of natural host reservoirs, such as avian, swine, equine, and sea mammals. All four known pandemic strains are of animal origin...
- DOUGLAS LAWRENCE MILLER; Fiscal Year: 2016..Finally, a dosimetric algorithm for potential human DUS-PH will be developed and tested using a swine model of human DUS lung examination...
- Nam Van Hoang; Fiscal Year: 2016..DAH organizations and public health agency (NIHE) to be able to develop and conduct a cross-section study of swine influenza at slaughterhouses in North, Central and South of Vietnam in one year (2), which provides baseline ..
- Development of a dual-function glucose sensing and hormone delivery catheter forW Kenneth Ward; Fiscal Year: 2013..A miniaturized electronic module will be developed in order to test the device in anesthetized swine. In the swine, glucose sensing accuracy from sensing catheters through which insulin is delivered will be compared ..
- Geoffrey W Abbott; Fiscal Year: 2015..physiology and in the etiology of AF, utilizing kcne2 (-/-) mice (which exhibit pacing-induced AF), rabbit and swine models of post-operative AF, confirmatory experiments with human atrial tissue, and in silico multiscale atrial ..
- Development of a wearable telemetry module and dual hormone infusion set for useRobert S Cargill; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also propose to create an early prototype insertion device and carry out preliminary tests of the system in swine. In these tests, the three-part device with sensing catheter will be inserted subcutaneously into anesthetized ..
- Dipanwita Basu; Fiscal Year: 2015..of influenza virus is very high, given that three such pandemics were recorded in the 20th century, plus the "swine" H1N1 pandemic of 2009...
- J Marc Simard; Fiscal Year: 2015..as well as the evaluation of the device under continuous MRI for resection of an implanted "metastatic tumor" in swine brain...
- Stabilization Device for Transseptal AccessMARK CHRISTIAN SVENDSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..MC relative to traditional means for TS access in human cadavers with heart failure and in chronic heart failure swine with MR...
- MELINA RAE KIBBE; Fiscal Year: 2016..evaluate the safety and efficacy of the bioengineered ePTFE grafts in an atherosclerotic swine carotid artery ePTFE bypass model...
- Treatment of Cerebral Edema using Ventricular TherapyJIM STICE; Fiscal Year: 2013..A controlled study of experimental TBI in swine was performed, which demonstrated elevation of CSF osmolality, reduction in intracranial pressure (ICP), ..
- Randall S Prather; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The overall goal of this application is to continue operation of the National Swine Resource and Research Center (NSRRC)...
- Coronary Post-Dilatation CatheterMARK CHRISTIAN SVENDSEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary results with the CB catheter system on the bench and in vivo in healthy swine showed excellent accuracy (1.4% diameter error), repeatability (1.1% diameter error), and safety...
- Elucidating the role of T-regs in engraftment, GVHD, and DLI immunotherapyChristene A Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Similar to outcomes in humans, miniature swine develop severe GVHD, infectious complications, or hematopioetic failure following standard clinical myeloablative ..
- VENTILATION CONTROL TO REDUCE AIRBORNE CONTAMINANTSPATRICK O SHAUGHNESSY; Fiscal Year: 2001Studies have shown conclusively that airborne contaminant levels in swine confinements are typically of a sufficient level to pose a health hazard to workers in that occupation...
- Stephanie J Bryant; Fiscal Year: 2016..model in personalized MACI using a large animal model, specifically to treat a chondral lesion in the knee of a swine (Aim 3)...
- Affinity Sensor-based Dual-Hormone Closed-Loop Glucose Control SystemRalph Ballerstadt; Fiscal Year: 2013..objective in the Phase I is to demonstrate feasibility and efficacy of the blood-glucose regulation in a diabetic swine model (anesthetized), using real-time data from the FAS device, and run by a well- described, and validated model-..
- INTESTINAL LIPOPROTEINS IN THE NEONATEDennis Black; Fiscal Year: 2007Apolipoprotein A-IV expression is acutely up-regulated 7-fold by a high-fat diet in newborn swine, suggesting a role in lipid absorption...
- Contrast-Enhanced Ultrasound Detection of Secondary Lymph NodesBarry B Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2010..Investigations using a melanoma swine model have demonstrated the superior accuracy of contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) compared to scintigraphy for ..
- Platform for MR-Guided Neurotherapeutic Drug DeliveryEDWARD RAY BARKER; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have successfully applied the platform to guide 30 convection enhanced delivery procedures in in-vivo swine brains and one gene delivery in a NHP model...
- REGULATION OF ENDOMETRIAL PROSTAGLANDIN F-2A SECRETIONMARK MIRANDO; Fiscal Year: 1999..The incidence of early embryonic mortality in swine is approximately 30-40% and is similar to that reported for women...
- Replication of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Viruses in SwineManoj Pastey; Fiscal Year: 2006..Little is known about the permissiveness of swine to infection with HPAI H5N1 viruses...
- Nipah Virus Marker Vaccine and Companion Diagnostic TestJames Roth; Fiscal Year: 2005Nipah virus infection is an emerging new disease of humans and swine, first described during a 1998-1999 epidemic in Malaysia...
- Large Animal Model of Spinal Muscular AtrophyMONIQUE LORSON; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Project summary/abstract: This application proposes the generation of a swine model of Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) (pSMN1-/-;hSMN2) using somatic cell nuclear transfer of gene targeted fetal ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF THE HEPATITIS E VIRUS: A SWINE MODELXiang Jin Meng; Fiscal Year: 2000..S). HEV strains recovered from patients in the U.S. are remarkably similar genetically to the swine hepatitis E virus (swine HEV) isolated from pigs in the U.S...
- Molecular Determinants of Virulence Porcine Circovirus 2Steven Krakowka; Fiscal Year: 2004..the pathogenicity of the plant and avian circoviruses is well known, only recently have the disease potential of swine circoviruses been realized...
- Host range restriction of human influenza virusesChristopher Olsen; Fiscal Year: 2009..within the context of pandemic influenza virus development, the nature of human influenza virus infection of swine cells and pigs...
- Wavebreak at the Onset of Ventricular FibrillationJack Rogers; Fiscal Year: 2009..The phenomenon will be studied in normal swine hearts, in swine hearts with healed infarcts and pacing-induced cardiomyopathy, and in myopathic human hearts...
- Pathogenesis of Infectious in Swine with Pathogenic Avian Influenza VirusesBH JANKE; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The objective of this project is to define the permissiveness of swine to infection with highly pathogenic avian influenza viruses and to define the specific sites, adaptability, and ..
- GENETICALLY STERILE ANIMALSPatent Number: EP3004345-A2; Date:2016-04-13
- INTERLEUKIN 2 RECEPTOR GAMMA GENE TARGETING VECTOR, PRODUCTION OF IMMUNE CELL-DEFICIENT TRANSGENIC CLONED MINI PIG HAVING VECTOR INTRODUCED THEREIN, PREPARATION METHOD THEREFOR AND USE THEREOFPatent Number: EP3069606-A1; Date:2016-09-21
- HETEROZYGOUS MODIFICATIONS OF TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENES AND SWINE MODEL OF NEUROFIBROMATOSIS TYPE 1Patent Number: WO2016077429-A1; Date:2016-05-19
- METHODS OF DIFFERENTIATING STEM CELLS BY MODULATING MIR-124Patent Number: JP2016507218-A; Date:2016-03-10
- Hornless LivestockPatent Number: JP2016507228-A; Date:2016-03-10
- INHIBITORS OF COMPLEMENT ACTIVATIONPatent Number: EP3056516-A1; Date:2016-08-17
- FGF MODULATION OF IN VIVO ANTIBODY PRODUCTION AND HUMORAL IMMUNITYPatent Number: JP2016520060-A; Date:2016-07-11
- GENETIC TECHNIQUES FOR MAKING ANIMALS WITH SORTABLE SPERMPatent Number: JP2016519955-A; Date:2016-07-11
- Disease model pigs with a stable phenotype and a method for producing thereofPatent Number: WO2016140353-A; Date:2016-09-09
- MRAP2 KNOCKOUTSPatent Number: JP2016523561-A; Date:2016-08-12
- GENETICALLY STERILE ANIMALSPatent Number: JP2016525890-A; Date:2016-09-01
- GENETIC TECHNIQUES FOR MAKING ANIMALS WITH SORTABLE SPERMPatent Number: EP3003021-A2; Date:2016-04-13
- EFFICIENT NON-MEIOTIC ALLELE INTROGRESSIONPatent Number: EP3039145-A1; Date:2016-07-06
- FGF MODULATION OF IN VIVO ANTIBODY PRODUCTION AND HUMORAL IMMUNITYPatent Number: EP2994130-A1; Date:2016-03-16
- ALBUMIN INSULIN FUSION PROTEINPatent Number: EP2990417-A1; Date:2016-03-02
- EFFICIENT NON-MEIOTIC ALLELE INTROGRESSIONPatent Number: KR1020160048179-A; Date:2016-05-03
- Novel SNP marker for discriminating level of meat quality and Black Coat Color of pig and use thereofPatent Number: KR1020160001888-A; Date:2016-01-07
- Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Markers for Detecting Black Pig Pork From Nonblack Pig Pork and Use of the SamePatent Number: KR1020160006348-A; Date:2016-01-19
- Novel SNP marker for the levels of capric acid in pig meats and method for determination of the levels of capric acid using the samePatent Number: KR1020160053152-A; Date:2016-05-13
- Novel SNP marker for the levels of lauric acid in pig meats and method for determination of the levels of lauric acid using the samePatent Number: KR1020160053153-A; Date:2016-05-13
- GENETIC TECHNIQUES FOR MAKING ANIMALS WITH SORTABLE SPERMPatent Number: KR1020160015333-A; Date:2016-02-12
- GENETICALLY STERILE ANIMALSPatent Number: KR1020160013219-A; Date:2016-02-03
- MRAP2 KNOCKOUTSPatent Number: KR1020160042884-A; Date:2016-04-20
- HIPPO AND DYSTROPHIN COMPLEX SIGNALING IN CARDIOMYOCYTE RENEWALPatent Number: EP3080269-A1; Date:2016-10-19
- RECOMBINATION ACTIVATING GENE 2 GENE TARGETING VECTOR, PRODUCTION OF SCID-LIKE MINIATURE PIGS BY TALEN-MEDIATED GENE TARGETING AND USE THEREOFPatent Number: EP3068217-A1; Date:2016-09-21
- The DNA markers associated with porcine six traits developed by the association study approachesPatent Number: JP2016013091-A; Date:2016-01-28
- COMPLEX CHROMOSOME ENGINEERING FOR PRODUCTION OF HUMAN ANTIBODIES IN TRANSGENIC ANIMALSPatent Number: JP2016504012-A; Date:2016-02-12
- CHEMOKINE-CYTOKINE FUSION PROTEIN AND ITS USEPatent Number: JP2016503434-A; Date:2016-02-04
- INTERFERON AND IMMUNE GLOBULIN FC SECTION FUSION PROTEINPatent Number: KR1020150002588-A; Date:2015-01-07
- Method of identifying eukaryotic speciesPatent Number: JP2014155500-A; Date:2014-08-28
- GENETICALLY MODIFIED ANIMALS AND METHODS FOR MAKING THE SAMEPatent Number: JP2015519923-A; Date:2015-07-16
- hybrid toll-like receptorPatent Number: JP2015522266-A; Date:2015-08-06
- METHOD FOR ANALYZING MUCIN 1 USING PROBE CAPABLE OF BINDING TO 3'-SULFONATED CORE 1 CARBOHYDRATE CHAIN, AND METHOD FOR DETECTING OR MONITORING BREAST CANCERPatent Number: EP2722670-A1; Date:2014-04-23
- Albumin Fusion ProteinsPatent Number: JP2015120714-A; Date:2015-07-02
- Single nucleotide polymorphism marker composition associated with high quality meat in pig and method for determination of high quality meat in pig using same markerPatent Number: KR1020150142112-A; Date:2015-12-22
- Inhibitors of complement activationPatent Number: EP2848634-A1; Date:2015-03-18
- DNA marker for detecting increase of porcine meat quality using a SNP in porcine MYF5 genePatent Number: KR1020140050493-A; Date:2014-04-29
- METHOD FOR THE SELECTION OF SUIDS WITH BETTER MEAT QUALITY BASED ON AN SNP IN THE GENE THAT ENCODES CYTOSOLIC PEPCKPatent Number: WO2014131911-A1; Date:2014-09-04
- Methods of modulating thrombocytopenia and modified transgenic pigsPatent Number: EP2722424-A2; Date:2014-04-23
- TOLL-LIKE RECEPTORSPatent Number: WO2014001422-A2; Date:2014-01-03
- METHOD FOR ANALYZING MUCIN 1 USING PROBE CAPABLE OF BINDING TO 3''-SULFONATED CORE 1 CARBOHYDRATE CHAIN, AND METHOD FOR DETECTING OR MONITORING BREAST CANCERPatent Number: KR1020140051249-A; Date:2014-04-30
- Genetic marker for diagnosis of muscle fiber type within porcine muscle and diagnosis method using the samePatent Number: KR1020140072230-A; Date:2014-06-13
- Transformed pig for new medicine method for preparation thereofPatent Number: KR1020140107804-A; Date:2014-09-05
- DETECTION METHODSPatent Number: WO2015097030-A1; Date:2015-07-02
- Detection method for species specific identification of nucleic acid of interestPatent Number: EP2889381-A1; Date:2015-07-01
- DNA markers associated with the proliferation of PCV2 in pigs using a SNPs in porcine RGS16 genePatent Number: KR1020150043941-A; Date:2015-04-23
- Single nucleotide polymorphism marker composition for determination of meat quality in pig and method for determination of meat quality in pig using same markerPatent Number: KR1020150047837-A; Date:2015-05-06
- Novel biomarker and method for predicting back fat traits in pigsPatent Number: KR1020150050614-A; Date:2015-05-11
- Interleukin 2 receptor gamma gene targeting vector, production of SCID-like miniature pigs by TALEN-mediated gene targeting and use thereofPatent Number: KR1020150055664-A; Date:2015-05-22
- Recombination activating gene 2 gene targeting vector, production of SCID-like miniature pigs by TALEN-mediated gene targeting and use thereofPatent Number: KR1020150055665-A; Date:2015-05-22
- Genetic marker of porcine PKM2 for predicting back fat thickness of Sus scrofa and predicting method of back fat thickness using thereofPatent Number: KR1020150074656-A; Date:2015-07-02
- DOMAIN 5 OF CD163 FOR USE IN ANTIVIRAL COMPOSITIONS AGAINST PRRS, AND TRANSGENIC ANIMALSPatent Number: WO2015011483-A1; Date:2015-01-29
- Anti-FMD Vaccine Composition and Preparation and Use ThereofPatent Number: JP2014147389-A; Date:2014-08-21
- Immunodeficient pigPatent Number: JP2015002719-A; Date:2015-01-08
- A METHOD FOR PRODUCING A PIG LYSOZYME WITH THE USE OF A SECRETORY SIGNAL PEPTIDE DERIVED FROM A CHICKEN LYSOZYMEPatent Number: JP2015065936-A; Date:2015-04-13
- Albumin Fusion ProteinsPatent Number: JP2014043448-A; Date:2014-03-13
- A pharmaceutical drug for use in the prevention or treatment of multiple organ failure due to acute kidney injuryPatent Number: JP2015160827-A; Date:2015-09-07
- Long term functional adrenomedullin derivativePatent Number: WO2015141819-A; Date:2015-09-24
- DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF MULTIPLE SULFATASE DEFICIENCY AND OTHER SULFATASE DEFICIENCIESPatent Number: JP2014131515-A; Date:2014-07-17
- Control of Sexual Maturation in AnimalsPatent Number: JP2015533284-A; Date:2015-11-24
- ITACONIC ACID AND ITACONATE METHYLESTER PRODUCTIONPatent Number: WO2014080024-A2; Date:2014-05-30
- POLYMORPHISMS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEGREE OF UNSATURATION OF INTRAMUSCULAR FAT IN PIGSPatent Number: WO2014049191-A1; Date:2014-04-03
- COMPLEX CHROMOSOME ENGINEERING FOR PRODUCTION OF HUMAN ANTIBODIES IN TRANSGENIC ANIMALSPatent Number: WO2014022853-A1; Date:2014-02-06
- HORNLESS LIVESTOCKPatent Number: KR1020150105475-A; Date:2015-09-16
- CONTROL OF SEXUAL MATURATION IN ANIMALSPatent Number: EP2914714-A1; Date:2015-09-09
- GENETICALLY MODIFIED ANIMALS AND METHODS FOR MAKING THE SAMEPatent Number: EP2863736-A1; Date:2015-04-29
- NOVEL POLYPEPTIDE AND USES THEREOFPatent Number: WO2015057068-A1; Date:2015-04-23
- SUMOYLATION OF SERCA2a AND CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASEPatent Number: JP2014524919-A; Date:2014-09-25
- TOLL-LIKE RECEPTORS AND IMMUNOSTIMULATORY OLIGONUCLEOTIDESPatent Number: KR1020150023465-A; Date:2015-03-05
- GENETICALLY MODIFIED ANIMALS AND METHODS FOR MAKING THE SAMEPatent Number: KR1020150029715-A; Date:2015-03-18
- A METHOD FOR PRODUCING A LYSOZYMEPatent Number: JP2014132876-A; Date:2014-07-24
- Genetic composition of porcine FSD2 for predicting meat quality of pork and predicting method of meat quality using thereofPatent Number: KR1020150074662-A; Date:2015-07-02
- Genetic composition of porcine MICU1 for predicting meat quality of pork and predicting method of meat quality using thereofPatent Number: KR1020150074670-A; Date:2015-07-02
- DNA markers associated with the proliferation of PCV2 in pigs using a SNPs in porcine DNAJC6 genePatent Number: KR1020150082019-A; Date:2015-07-15
- CONTROL OF SEXUAL MATURATION IN ANIMALSPatent Number: KR1020150100651-A; Date:2015-09-02