Genomes and Genes
Alias: domestic goat, goats, Capra hircus, African dwarf goat, African dwarf goats, Naine d'Afrique de l'Ouest, Capra aegagrus hircus, South African angora goat, Carpa hircus
Publications1305 found, 100 shown here
- Protozoan infections (Toxoplasma gondii, Neospora caninum and Sarcocystis spp.) in sheep and goats: recent advancesD Buxton
Division of Virology, Moredun Research Institute, International Research Centre, Scotland, UK
Vet Res 29:289-310. 1998The protozoan parasite Toxoplasma gondii is a serious cause of fetal mortality in sheep and goats. Oocysts, the parasite stage responsible for initiating infection, are produced following a primary infection in cats...
- Identification of interferon-tau isoforms expressed by the peri-implantation goat (Capra hircus) conceptusAlan D Ealy
Department of Dairy and Animal Science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Domest Anim Endocrinol 27:39-49. 2004..Conceptuses (n = 5) were collected from Boer crossbred and Angora female goats by laparotomy at days 17 and 18 of pregnancy...
- Gene expression profiles of novel caprine placental prolactin-related proteins similar to bovine placental prolactin-related proteinsKoichi Ushizawa
Reproductive Biology Research Unit, Division of Animal Sciences, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, 2 Ikenodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8602, Japan
BMC Dev Biol 7:16. 2007..Caprine PRPs are compared with known bovine PRPs. We examined their evolution and role in the ruminant placenta...
- Molecular characterization of toll-like receptor 2 of ruminants and comparative expression in nilgai (Boselaphus tragocamelus) vs. buffalo (Bubalus bubalis)D K Das
Centre for Wildlife, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izzatnagar, Uttar Pradesh, India
Int J Immunogenet 35:227-34. 2008..The present study has characterized TLR2 cDNA in nilgai, buffalo, sheep and goat that recognizes the peptidoglycan of Gram-positive bacteria...
- Differential expression of toll-like receptor mRNA in selected tissues of goat (Capra hircus)K G Tirumurugaan
Department of Animal Biotechnology, Madras Veterinary College, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Chennai 600007, India
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 133:296-301. 2010..The present study was carried out to identify toll-like receptors (TLRs) 1-10 mRNA in goat peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) and selected tissues including jejunum, lung, lymph node, skin, spleen ..
- Neurokinin B and dynorphin A in kisspeptin neurons of the arcuate nucleus participate in generation of periodic oscillation of neural activity driving pulsatile gonadotropin-releasing hormone secretion in the goatYoshihiro Wakabayashi
Laboratory of Neurobiology, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Neurosci 30:3124-32. 2010..the possible coexpression of kisspeptin, neurokinin B (NKB), and dynorphin A (Dyn) in neurons of the ARC of the goat and evaluate their potential roles in generating GnRH pulses...
- PRNP genetic variability and molecular typing of natural goat scrapie isolates in a high number of infected flocksEirini G Fragkiadaki
National Agricultural Research Foundation, Veterinary Research Institute, Thessaloniki, Greece
Vet Res 42:104. 2011One hundred and four scrapie positive and 77 negative goats from 34 Greek mixed flocks were analysed by prion protein gene sequencing and 17 caprine scrapie isolates from 11 flocks were submitted to molecular isolate typing...
- Analysis of genetic variability at codon 42 within caprine prion protein gene in relation to production traits in Chinese domestic breedsXianyong Lan
College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Shaanxi Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology for Agriculture, No 22 Xinong Road, Yangling, 712100, Shaanxi, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:4981-8. 2012..at codon 42 within prion protein (PRNP) gene and its associations with production traits were investigated in 2002 goats from four Chinese domestic breeds. The frequencies of allele "A" ranged from 0.353 to 0...
- Extended scrapie incubation time in goats singly heterozygous for PRNP S146 or K222Stephen N White
Animal Disease Research Unit, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, PO Box 646630, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Gene 501:49-51. 2012Scrapie is the transmissible spongiform encephalopathy (TSE) of sheep and goats, and scrapie eradication in sheep is based in part on strong genetic resistance to classical scrapie...
- Goat liver X receptor α, molecular cloning, functional characterization and regulating fatty acid synthesis in epithelial cells of goat mammary glandsWei Wang
Shaanxi Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology for Agriculture, College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, PR China
Gene 505:114-20. 2012..In this investigation, a cDNA was isolated from the mammary gland of Xinong Saanen dairy goats and designated as goat LXRα...
- Adipose triglyceride lipase regulates lipid metabolism in dairy goat mammary epithelial cellsJun Li
Shaanxi Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology for Agriculture, College of Animal Science and Technology, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, PR China
Gene 554:125-30. 2015..However, its role in mammary gland tissue remains unclear. To assess the role of the ATGL gene in the goat mammary gland, this study analyzed the tissue distribution and expression of key genes together with lipid ..
- Characterization of the caprine (Capra hircus) beta-2 integrin CD18-encoding cDNA and identification of mutations potentially responsible for the ruminant-specific virulence of Mannheimia haemolyticaL Zecchinon
Department of Pathology, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Mol Membr Biol 21:289-95. 2004..haemolytica...
- Caprine pregnancy-associated glycoproteins (PAG): their cloning, expression, and evolutionary relationship to other PAGJ M Garbayo
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 57:311-22. 2000..The aim of the present study was to clone PAG from the goat, study their temporal and cell-specific expression, and determine their phylogenetic relationship to PAG from other ..
- Dietary protein reduction in sheep and goats: different effects on L-alanine and L-leucine transport across the brush-border membrane of jejunal enterocytesB Schroder
Department of Physiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Bischofsholer Damm 15, 30173 Hannover, Germany
J Comp Physiol B 173:511-8. 2003..of the initial rates of alanine uptake into isolated jejunal brush-border membrane vesicles from sheep and goats as affected by low dietary protein supply yielded that the apparent Km was neither significantly different between ..
- 75 influence of cryopreservation on the susceptibility of goat sperm against different reactive oxygen speciesP A A Góes
University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:143. 2011..quality after cryopreservation is one of the main limiting factors for the success of artificial insemination in goats. Previous studies indicate that cryo-injuries may be related to the oxidative stress which is caused by the ..
- Effect of sunflower-seed oil and linseed oil on tissue lipid metabolism, gene expression, and milk fatty acid secretion in Alpine goats fed maize silage-based dietsL Bernard
INRA, UR1213 Herbivores, Site de Theix, F 63122 Saint Genes Champanelle, France
J Dairy Sci 92:6083-94. 2009Lipid in the diet is known to enhance milk fat secretion and alter milk fatty acid composition in lactating goats. In the current experiment, the contribution of peripheral tissue and mammary gland lipid metabolism to changes in milk fat ..
- Anthelmintic resistance on goat farms in Georgia: efficacy of anthelmintics against gastrointestinal nematodes in two selected goat herdsT H Terrill
School of Agriculture, Home Economics and Allied Programs, Fort Valley State University, Agricultural Research Station, Fort Valley, GA 31030, USA
Vet Parasitol 97:261-8. 2001Gastrointestinal nematode (GIN) parasitism is a major constraint to production of goats in the southeastern United States...
- Prevalence and seasonal changes in the population of gastrointestinal nematodes of small ruminants in the semi-arid zone of north-eastern NigeriaC O Nwosu
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Parasitology, University of Maiduguri, P M B 1069 Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria
Vet Parasitol 144:118-24. 2007..to determine the prevalence and seasonal abundance of the egg and adult stages of nematode parasites of sheep and goats in the semi-arid zone of north-eastern Nigeria between January and December 2002...
- Prevalence and seasonal incidence of nematode parasites and fluke infections of sheep and goats in eastern EthiopiaMenkir M Sissay
Department of Parasitology SWEPAR, National Veterinary Institute and Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
Trop Anim Health Prod 39:521-31. 2007..abundance and seasonal incidence of gastro-intestinal (GI) nematodes and trematodes (flukes) of sheep and goats in the semi-arid zone of eastern Ethiopia...
- Influence of estrus of dairy goats on somatic cell count, milk traits, and sex steroid receptors in the mammary glandP Moroni
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Hygiene and Public Health, University of Milan, Via Celoria 10, 20133 Milan, Italy
J Dairy Sci 90:790-7. 2007..In experiment I, the major components of milk and SCC were monitored weekly in 80 lactating Saanen goats for 6 wk, whereas detection of estrus was daily...
- Prevalence and seasonal incidence of larval and adult cestode infections of sheep and goats in eastern EthiopiaMenkir M Sissay
Department of Parasitology SWEPAR, National Veterinary Institute and Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
Trop Anim Health Prod 40:387-94. 2008A study on the prevalence and seasonal incidence of cestode parasite infections of sheep and goats was carried out in eastern Ethiopia for 2 years (May 2003-April 2005)...
- Role of species diversity and secondary compound complementarity on diet selection of Mediterranean shrubs by goatsJozo Rogosic
Department of Natural Resources, University of Split, Croatia
J Chem Ecol 32:1279-87. 2006b>Goats foraging on Mediterranean shrubs containing secondary compounds (toxins) may consume a variety of shrubs that contain different phytotoxins, thereby increasing shrub intake and avoiding toxicosis...
- [Preferential delivery of emulsified isoflurane to peripheral nerves in goats]Jing Yang
Laboratory of Anesthesia and Critical Care Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 41:332-6. 2010To develop a new model for preferential delivery of isoflurane to peripheral nerves in goats, and to identify preliminarily volatile anesthetic action sites.
- No major role for binding by salivary proteins as a defense against dietary tannins in Mediterranean goatsMichal Hanovice-Ziony
Department of Agronomy and Natural Resources, Institute of Plant Sciences, Agricultural Research Organization, P O Box 6, Bet Dagan, 50250, Israel
J Chem Ecol 36:736-43. 2010We investigated whether Mediterranean goats use salivary tannin-binding proteins to cope with tannin-rich forages by determining the affinity of salivary or parotid gland proteins for tannic acid or quebracho tannin...
- The effect of estrus synchronization treatment on somatic cell count of transitional-anestrus local-Damascus cross breed goats' milkA Q Talafha
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, P O Box 3030, Irbid 22110, Jordan
Trop Anim Health Prod 40:185-92. 2008..and steroid hormones concentrations on somatic cell count (SCC) of transitional-anestrus local-Damascus cross goats' milk...
- Selective allergy to sheep's and goat's milk proteinsT Muñoz Martín
Allergy Service, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 32:39-42. 2004..We describe a 2-year-old boy who experienced allergic reactions after eating and touching sheep's cheese, but who tolerated cow's milk and cow's milk dairy products. He had never ingested milk or milk derivatives from sheep or goat.
- 172 reuse of autoclaved intravaginal progesterone device to estrous synchronization in toggenburg goats in the breeding seasonJ M G Souza
Federal University of Vicosa, Vicosa, MG, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:188. 2011..the efficacy of reusing autoclaved intravaginal progesterone devices for oestrous synchronization in Toggenburg goats in the breeding season was studied...
- [Polymorphism of exon 10 of prolactin receptor gene and its relationship with prolificacy of Jining Grey goats]Gen Xi Zhang
College of Animal Science and Technology, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, China
Yi Chuan 29:329-36. 2007Prolactin receptor (PRLR) gene was studied as a candidate gene for the prolificacy of Jining Grey goats. Five pairs of primers were designed to detect single nucleotide polymorphisms of exon 10 and part of 3'untranslated region (UTR) of ..
- Surgical treatment for different forms of hernias in sheep and goatsFahd A Al-Sobayil
Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Qassim University, Qassim, Saudi Arabia
J Vet Sci 8:185-91. 2007Sheep and goats are frequently presented with different forms of hernias to veterinary clinics...
- Occurrence of Cryptosporidium parvum and Giardia duodenalis in healthy adult domestic ruminantsJosé Antonio Castro-Hermida
Laboratorio de Parasitologia, Centro de Investigaciones Agrarias de Mabegondo Xunta de Galicia, Carretera C 542 de Betanzos a Mesón do Vento, Km 7, 5 CP 15318, Abegondo A Coruña, Galicia, Spain
Parasitol Res 101:1443-8. 2007..domestic ruminants, faecal samples were collected from 379 cattle of between 3 and 13 years old, 446 sheep and 116 goats selected at random from 60 dairy farms and 38 and 20 herds, respectively, in Galicia (NW Spain)...
- Sero-prevalence of bovine Johne's disease in buffaloes and cattle population of North India using indigenous ELISA kit based on native Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis 'Bison type' genotype of goat originS V Singh
Microbiology Lab, Animal Health Division, Central Institute for Research on Goats, Makhdoom, Farah, Mathura, UP 281 122, India
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 31:419-33. 2008..paratuberculosis 'Bison type' strain of goat origin), originally developed for goats and sheep was standardized in bovines and used for screening...
- Effect of tropical browse leaves supplementation on rumen enzymes of sheep and goats fed Dichanthium annulatum grass-based dietsSultan Singh
Plant Animal Relationship Division, Indian Grassland and Fodder Research Institute, Jhansi, 284003, India
Trop Anim Health Prod 42:1181-7. 2010In a switch-over experiment, eight male animals, four each of sheep and goats of local breeds with mean body weight of 26. 8 +/- 2.0 and 30.0 +/- 2.1 kg, were fed Dichanthium annulatum (DA) grass and four browse species viz...
- The fetal cleft palate: III. Ultrastructural and functional analysis of palatal development following in utero repair of the congenital modelJeffrey Weinzweig
Department of Plastic Surgery, Division of Biology and Medicine, Brown University School of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Hasbro Children s Hospital, 2 Dudley Street Suite 380, Providence, R I 02905, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 109:2355-62. 2002..Six goats pregnant with twins were gavaged twice daily for 10 days (gestational days 32 to 41; term, 145 days) with dry, ..
- Role of nitric oxide in the cerebral circulation during hypotension after hemorrhage, ganglionic blockade and diazoxide in awake goatsG Dieguez
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
Brain Res 851:133-40. 1999..oxide synthesis with Nw-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester (L-NAME) during three types of hypotension in conscious goats. Blood flow to one brain hemisphere was electromagnetically measured, hypotension was induced by controlled ..
- Perturbations in three medullary nuclei enhance fractionated breathing in awake goatsThom R Feroah
Departments of Pediatrics and Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin and Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Milwaukee 53226, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 94:1508-18. 2003..pattern of diaphragm and upper airway muscle activity and airflow during wakefulness and sleep in adult goats. A fractionated breath (FBr) was defined as three or more brief (40-150 ms) interruptions in the diaphragm ..
- Artificial long-day photoperiod in the subtropics increases milk production in goats giving birth in late autumnM J Flores
Centro de Investigación en Reproducción Caprina CIRCA, Universidad Autónoma Agraria Antonio Narro UAAAN, Periférico Raúl López Sánchez S N, Torreon, 27054 Coahuila México
J Anim Sci 89:856-62. 2011..determine whether exposure to a photoperiod of artificial long days in autumn increased milk yield in subtropical goats milked once (Exp. I) or twice daily (Exp. II). In Exp...
- Proliferation and transmission patterns of Pasteurella multocida B:2 in goatsM S Shafarin
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Trop Anim Health Prod 40:335-40. 2008This report describes the proliferation and transmission patterns of Pasteurella multocida B:2 among stressful goats, created through dexamethasone injections...
- [Comparative research on repairing acute osteochondral defect by mosaicplasty and the combination of mosaicplasty with tissue engineering methods]Jun Sun
Department of Orthopaedics, Shuguang Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 23:490-6. 2009..To compare the effect of mosaicplasty, mosaicplasty with gene enhanced tissue engineering and mosaicplasty with the gels of non-gene transduced BMSCs in alginate on the treatment of acute osteochondral defects...
- Pathobiochemical mechanisms involved in the control of the disease caused by Trypanosoma congolense in African grey duiker (Sylvicapra grimmia)A O Ogunsanmi
Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Management, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Vet Parasitol 96:51-63. 2001The course of Trypanosoma congolense infections in African grey duiker (Sylvicapra grimmia) and sheep and goats were studied...
- Goats as alternative hosts of cattle ticksN Nyangiwe
Döhne Agricultural Development Institute, Private Bag X15, Stutterheim 4930, South Africa
Onderstepoort J Vet Res 74:1-7. 2007The objective of this study was to compare the presence on goats and cattle of adult ticks that usually infest cattle...
- 91 treatment of goat sperm with catalase to improve post-thaw qualityR O C Silva
University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:151. 2011Semen cryopreservation is extremely important to the use of reproductive biotechnologies in goats. However, studies indicate that cryopreservation may lead to increased oxidative stress which may cause structural damage to biomolecules, ..
- 317 preliminary report on the use of a slow-release formulation for administration of follicle-stimulating hormone in 3 assisted reproduction applications in goatsH Baldassarre
PharmAthene Canada Inc, St Telesphore, Quebec, Canada
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:255. 2011..In the MOET group, 20 goats were synchronized with CIDR (Pfizer, Montreal, Quebec, Canada) and superovulated, and embryos were collected by ..
- The effect of vitamin E treatment during preovulatory period on reproductive performance of goats following estrous synchronization using intravaginal spongesMustafa Sonmez
Department of Reproduction and Artificial Insemination, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
Anim Reprod Sci 114:183-92. 2009..objectives of this study were to investigate whether the use of intravaginal sponge for estrous synchronization of goats causes oxidative stress, and to examine the effect of administering vitamin E during preovulatory period on ..
- Effects of partial replacement of concentrate with feed blocks on nutrient utilization, microbial N flow, and milk yield and composition in goatsE Molina-Alcaide
Estación Experimental del Zaidín Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Profesor Albareda, 1, 18008 Granada, Spain
J Dairy Sci 93:2076-87. 2010..rumen protozoa numbers, nutrient utilization, microbial N flow to the duodenum, and milk yield and composition in goats. The concentrate included oat, corn grain, barley, soybean meal, salt, and vitamin-mineral mixture...
- Effects of water restriction on digestive function in two macropodid marsupials from divergent habitats and the feral goatD O Freudenberger
Dept of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Nutrition, University of New England, Armidale, NSW, Australia
J Comp Physiol B 163:247-57. 1993..r.robustus) from more mesic regions of eastern Australia, and the feral goat (Capra hircus) found throughout the range of M...
- Effect of pelleting on efficacy of sericea lespedeza hay as a natural dewormer in goatsT H Terrill
Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA 31030, United States
Vet Parasitol 146:117-22. 2007..G. Don.] to sheep and goats has reduced GIN fecal egg count (FEC) and worm numbers in the abomasum and small intestines...
- Site-specific effects on respiratory rhythm and pattern of ibotenic acid injections in the pontine respiratory group of goatsJ M Bonis
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 109:171-88. 2010..In 15 goats, cannulas were bilaterally implanted into the rostral pontine tegmental nuclei (RPTN; n = 3), the lateral (LPBN; n ..
- Cerebral blood flow and cerebrovascular reactivity after inhibition of nitric oxide synthesis in conscious goatsN Fernandez
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 110:428-34. 1993..circulation under basal conditions and after vasodilator stimulation was studied in instrumented, conscious goats, by examining the action of inhibiting endogenous nitric oxide production with NG-nitro-L-arginine methyl ester (L-..
- Experimental transmission of Pasteurella multocida 6:B in goatsM S Shafarin
Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 54:136-9. 2007..This study was conducted to determine whether goats exposed intranasally to P. multocida 6:B can transmit the organism to contact goats...
- Fatal gastrointestinal parasitism in goats: 31 cases (2001-2006)Beth A Valentine
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory and Department of Biomedical Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 231:1098-103. 2007To evaluate signalment, history, clinical and pathologic findings, and seasonal weather patterns in association with fatal gastrointestinal parasitism in goats.
- Health and productivity of traditionally managed Djallonke sheep and West African dwarf goats under high and moderate trypanosomosis riskS Osaer
International Trypanotolerance Centre, Banjul, Gambia
Vet Parasitol 82:101-19. 1999..Reported mortality rates were higher in goats than in sheep, but for both species highest in the moderate risk area...
- Laparoscopy vs. laparotomy for embryo transfer to produce transgenic goats (Capra hircus)Sang Tae Shin
College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
J Vet Sci 9:103-7. 2008This study was performed to produce transgenic Korean native goat (Capra hircus) by laparoscopic embryo transfer (ET) to overcome the limitations of ET performed by laparotomy...
- Embryo production in superovulated goats treated with insulin before or after mating or by continuous propylene glycol supplementationA L Souza
Faculdade de Veterinaria, Universidade Estadual do Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Reprod Domest Anim 43:218-21. 2008Seventeen adult and cyclic Moxoto goats were synchronized using 60 mg MPA vaginal sponge for 11 days and 50 mug cloprostenol, 48 h before sponge removal, and superovulated with 120 mg pFSH i.m...
- Efficacy of sericea lespedeza hay as a natural dewormer in goats: dose titration studyT H Terrill
Fort Valley State University, 1005 State University Drive, Fort Valley, GA 31030, United States
Vet Parasitol 163:52-6. 2009..cross yearling bucks offered one of four diets with 75% hay and 25% concentrate (n=8, 2 pens/treatment, 4 goats/pen)...
- Resistance and resilience of traditionally managed West African Dwarf goats from the savanna zone of northern Nigeria to naturally acquired trypanosome and gastrointestinal nematode infectionsJ M Behnke
School of Biology, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG72RD, UK
J Helminthol 85:80-91. 2011..was conducted of gastrointestinal nematode infections and trypanosomosis in Nigerian West African Dwarf (WAD) goats from the savanna region of the country...
- Influence of estrus on somatic cell count in dairy goatsS McDougall
Animal Health Centre, Morrinsville, New Zealand
J Dairy Sci 85:378-83. 2002..cell count (SCC) of goat's milk was examined by inducing estrus in 24 of 48 seasonally anestrus, lactating dairy goats. Goats were blocked by infection status and ranked on SCC from three preceding herd tests and randomly allocated (..
- The comparative prevalence of five ixodid tick species infesting cattle and goats in Maputo Province, MozambiqueC De Matos
Direcção de Ciências Animais, Instituto de Investigação Agrária de Mozambique, C P 1922, Maputo, Mozambique
Onderstepoort J Vet Res 76:201-8. 2009This study compares the prevalence of ixodid tick species on cattle and goats in Maputo Province...
- Intramammary antibiotics in dairy goats: withdrawal periods of three intramammary antibiotics compared to recommended withdrawal periods for cowsJ Karzis
Department of Production Animal Studies, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Pretoria, Onderstepoort, South Africa
Onderstepoort J Vet Res 74:217-22. 2007..AH]), Spectrazol Milking Cow (Schering-Plough Animal Health) and Rilexine 200 LC (Logos Agvet [Virbac]) in dairy goats and compared them to withdrawal periods recommended for use in cattle...
- Naturally occurring variability in some phenotypic markers and correlates of haemonchotolerance in West African Dwarf goats in a subhumid zone of NigeriaJ M Behnke
School of Biology, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham, UK
Vet Parasitol 141:107-21. 2006West African Dwarf (WAD) goats of the Nigerian subhumid zone generally show strong resistance and resilience to Haemonchus contortus in laboratory experiments, although a relatively small proportion are susceptible to infection...
- The reversal of xylazine hydrochloride by yohimbine and 4-aminopyridine in goatsD R Ndeereh
Department of Clinical Studies, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Nairobi, Kenya
J S Afr Vet Assoc 72:64-7. 2001..and a combination of the 2 drugs were studied to assess their potential as antagonists to xylazine in goats. Twenty-four small East African goats were divided randomly into 4 groups of 6 goats each in a placebo-controlled ..
- Milk composition studies in transgenic goats expressing recombinant human butyrylcholinesterase in the mammary glandHernan Baldassarre
PharmAthene Inc, P O Box 320, St Telesphore, QC, Canada
Transgenic Res 17:863-72. 2008The use of the mammary gland of transgenic goats as a bioreactor is a well established platform for the efficient production of recombinant proteins, especially for molecules that cannot be adequately produced in traditional systems ..
- Responses induced by arginine-vasopressin injection in the plasma concentrations of adrenocorticotropic hormone, cortisol, growth hormone and metabolites around weaning time in goatsK Katoh
Department of Animal Physiology, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Tsutsumidori, Aoba ku, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
J Endocrinol 187:249-56. 2005..AVP) and corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH), we carried out three experiments in which male goats before and after weaning were intravenously injected with AVP or CRH alone, or in combination with each other...
- Parity of female goats does not influence their estrous and ovulatory responses to the male effectJ R Luna-Orozco
Centro de Investigación en Reproducción Caprina, Universidad Autonoma Agraria Antonio Narro, Periférico Raúl López Sánchez y Carretera a Santa Fe, C P 27054, Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico
Anim Reprod Sci 106:352-60. 2008..study was to determine whether parity is a factor that influences the estrous and ovulatory responses of female goats when they are stimulated by males that show increased sexual activity...
- Distinct contractile and molecular differences between two goat models of atrial dysfunction: AV block-induced atrial dilatation and atrial fibrillationMaura Greiser
Department of Physiology, University Maastricht, PO Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:385-94. 2009..In 7 chronically instrumented, awake goats atrial contractile dysfunction was monitored during 3 weeks of progressive atrial dilatation after AV-node ..
- Coccidiosis in goats in the Czech RepublicB Koudela
Institute of Parasitology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Ceske Budejovice
Vet Parasitol 76:261-7. 1998An observational study was conducted to determine coccidial infections in goats of 13 farms in the Czech Republic...
- Comparative plasma pharmacokinetics and tolerance of florfenicol following intramuscular and intravenous administration to camels, sheep and goatsB H Ali
Department of Veterinary Medicine, King Saud University, Al Gaseem Branch, Buraydah, Saudi Arabia
Vet Res Commun 27:475-83. 2003..v.) or intramuscular (i.m.) injection at a dose of 20 mg/kg body weight in healthy male camels, sheep and goats. The concentration of florfenicol in plasma was determined using a microbiological assay...
- Induced expression of c-fos in the diencephalon and pituitary gland of goats following transportationY Maejima
Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Utsunomiya University, Utsunomiya, Japan
J Anim Sci 83:1845-53. 2005..Ten castrated Shiba goats (Capra hircus), five transported and five controls, were used...
- Biomechanical researches on tissue engineering bone constructed by deproteinated boneYue kui Jian
Department of Orthopaedics, Guizhou Provincial People s Hospital, Guiyang, China
Chin J Traumatol 13:32-6. 2010To study biomechanical changes of newly formed bones 24 weeks after repairing large defects of long bones of goats using heterogeneous deproteinated bone (DPB) prepared by modified methods as an engineering scaffold.
- Outbreaks of border disease in goats induced by a pestivirus-contaminated orf vaccine, with virus transmission to sheep and cattleT Løken
National Veterinary Institute, Oslo, Norway
J Comp Pathol 104:195-209. 1991Five herds with a total of 276 female goats experienced severe outbreaks of reproductive failure due to a pestivirus-contaminated experimental orf vaccine given early in the breeding season...
- Biological, seasonal and environmental factors associated with Pulex irritans infestation of dairy goats in GreeceG Christodoulopoulos
Clinic of Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Thessaly, P O Box 199, Karditsa GR 43100, Greece
Vet Parasitol 137:137-43. 2006The objectives of the present study were to study the fauna of fleas infesting dairy goats in Greece, the spectrum of hosts each flea species infests, identify risk factors in the environment, and goat management practices that favour ..
- Cytokine gene expression in sheep following experimental infection with various strains of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis differing in virulenceM Pepin
Laboratoire de Pathologie des Petits Ruminants et des Abeilles, CNEVA Sophia Antipolis, France
Vet Res 28:149-63. 1997Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis is the causative agent of caseous lymphadenitis in sheep and goats. This disease is characterized by the development of pyogranulomas in the lymph nodes and lung tissue...
- Sex determination in cattle based on simultaneous amplification of a new male-specific DNA sequence and an autosomal locus using the same primersR Weikard
Forschungsinstitut für die Biologie landwirtschaftlicher Nutztiere, Forschungsbereich Molekularbiologie, Dummerstorf, Germany
Mol Reprod Dev 60:13-9. 2001..There was no amplification of the male-specific target sequence FBNY in sheep, pig, goat, mice, man, and several wild species of the tribe Bovini...
- Assessment of beta-glucuronidase levels in goat's milk as an indicator of mastitis: comparison with other mastitis detection methodsR Oliszewski
Centro de Referencia para Lactobacilos, Tucuman, Argentina
J Food Prot 65:864-6. 2002..The infection levels of 124 goats were measured by the beta-glucuronidase test, which was compared with the SCC method and the California mastitis ..
- The use of solid self-emulsifying systems in the delivery of diclofenacA A Attama
Department of Pharmaceutics, Drug Delivery Research Unit, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria
Int J Pharm 262:23-8. 2003b>Goat fat and Tween 65 admixtures were used to formulate self-emulsifying tablets containing diclofenac. The tablets were formulated by pour moulding using a plastic mould...
- Caprine mucopolysaccharidosis IIID: fetal and neonatal brain and liver glycosaminoglycan and morphological perturbationsMargaret Z Jones
Division of Human Pathology, Colleges of Human and Osteopathic Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Mol Neurosci 24:277-91. 2004..were used to compare the CNS, liver, and kidney of normal +/+, MPS IIID carrier +/-, and MPS IIID-affected -/- goat kids (kids), at 60, 113-114, 128-129, and 135 d gestation (dg) of a 150-d gestational period, at birth, and at 59-..
- Viral load, organ distribution, histopathological lesions, and cytokine mRNA expression in goats infected with a molecular clone of the caprine arthritis encephalitis virusAna Paula Ravazzolo
Institute of Veterinary Virology, University of Bern, Laenggass Str 122, CH 3012, Switzerland
Virology 350:116-27. 2006Caprine arthritis encephalitis virus (CAEV) is a lentivirus of goats that causes persistent infection characterized by the appearance of inflammatory lesions in various organs...
- Brucellosis vaccines: assessment of Brucella melitensis lipopolysaccharide rough mutants defective in core and O-polysaccharide synthesis and exportDavid Gonzalez
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
PLoS ONE 3:e2760. 2008..Brucella melitensis Rev 1 is a vaccine effective against the brucellosis of sheep and goat caused by B. melitensis, the commonest source of human infection...
- Spatial distribution, blood feeding pattern, and role of Anopheles funestus complex in malaria transmission in central KenyaEphantus J Muturi
Department of Medicine, William C Gorgas Center for Geographic Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 206 C BBRB, 845 19th Street South Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Parasitol Res 105:1041-6. 2009..The most common blood-meal sources (mixed blood meals included) for A. parensis were goat (54.0%), human (47.6%), and bovine (39.7%), while the few A. funestus s.s. samples had fed mostly on humans...
- Identification of coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from ovine milk samples by PCR-RFLP of 16S rRNA and gap genesT Onni
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale della Sardegna G Pegreffi, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Vet Microbiol 144:347-52. 2010..problematic, although these bacteria are considered the main etiologic agents of subclinical mastitis in sheep and goats. In this study, 226 CNS isolates were collected from 2201 milking sarda sheep belonging to 15 flocks with high ..
- Slow cooling cryopreservation of cell-microcarrier constructsEvi Lippens
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Cells Tissues Organs 192:177-86. 2010..b>Goat bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (BMSC) and mouse osteoblast-like cells from the MC3T3-E1 cell line were ..
- Serosurvey study of Toscana virus in domestic animals, Granada, SpainJosé María Navarro-Marí
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves, Granada, Spain
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 11:583-7. 2011..TOSV was investigated in 1186 serum samples from horses, goats, pigs, cats, dogs, sheep, and cows by serology (indirect fluorescence assay), viral culture, and RT-polymerase ..
- Metabolic status regulates ghrelin function on energy homeostasisDana I Briggs
Department of Physiology, Monash University, Clayton, Vic, Australia
Neuroendocrinology 93:48-57. 2011..On the other side of the metabolic coin, ghrelin and GOAT knockout models show that ghrelin is required to maintain blood glucose during severe calorie restriction...
- Mouse ghrelin-O-acyltransferase (GOAT) plays a critical role in bile acid reabsorptionKihwa Kang
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Tarrytown, NY, USA
FASEB J 26:259-71. 2012..Ghrelin O-acyltransferase (GOAT) was identified as a specific acyl-transferase for ghrelin, and recent genetic deletion studies of the Goat gene (..
- Genetic and environmental factors that influence production and quality of milk of Alpine and Saanen goatsL F Brito
Departamento de Zootecnia, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, Vicosa, MG, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 10:3794-802. 2011Data from 1279 lactations of 783 Alpine and Saanen goats of the herd of our university in Minas Gerais, Brazil, were used to study environmental effects on and to estimate genetic parameters for milk production until 270 days of ..
- FOXL2 impairment in human diseaseHannah Verdin
Center for Medical Genetics, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Horm Res Paediatr 77:2-11. 2012..Two knock-out mice and at least one natural animal model, the Polled Intersex Syndrome goat, are known. They recapitulate the BPES phenotype and have provided many insights into the ovarian pathology...
- Mosquito cell line C6/36 shows resistance to Cyt1Aa6Lingling Zhang
Key Laboratory of Biopesticide and Chemical Biology, Ministry of Education, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, Fuzhou 350002, People s Republic of China
Indian J Exp Biol 50:265-9. 2012..More sensitive cells were detected with goat-anti-rabbit-FITC-labeled antibody, and the quantity of in vitro activated Cyt1Aa6 toxin bound to resistant cells ..
- Different conformation of thiol protease inhibitor during amyloid formation: inhibition by curcumin and quercetinMohd Shahnawaz Khan
Department of Biochemistry, College of Science, Protein Research Chair, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Fluoresc 23:451-7. 2013..we examined the effects of acid denaturation on newly identified thiol protease inhibitors from the lungs of Capra hircus (Goat) with a focus on protein conformational changes and amyloid fibril formation...
- Returns and determinants of technical efficiency in small-scale Malabari goat production units in Kerala, IndiaRani Alex
Project Directorate on Cattle, Post Box No 17, Grass Farm Road, Meerut Cantt, Uttar Pradesh, India, 250 001
Trop Anim Health Prod 45:1663-8. 2013..production function was employed to measure technical efficiency and its determinants in smallholder Malabari goat production units in Kerala, India...
- Theileria infection in domestic ruminants in northern EthiopiaHagos Gebrekidan
School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University, PO Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Vet Parasitol 200:31-8. 2014..Of 525 domestic ruminants surveyed, 80% of the cattle, 94% of the sheep and 2% of the goats were positive for different Theileria spp. based on PCR of blood followed by DNA sequencing...
- 37 effect of cell manipulation for production of transgenic cell lines on goat cloning efficiencyL T Martins
University of Fortaleza UNIFOR, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 27:111. 2014..The aim of this study was to evaluate goat cloning efficiency by using transfected and nontransfected and transgenic and nontransgenic somatic cells as ..
- Activation of cellular apoptosis in the caecal epithelium is associated with increased oxidative reactions in lactating goats after feeding a high-concentrate dietShiyu Tao
Key Laboratory of Animal Physiology and Biochemistry, Ministry of Agriculture, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Exp Physiol 100:278-87. 2015..changes of the caecal mucosa and the status of epithelial cellular apoptosis and oxidative reactions in lactating goats after prolonged feeding with a high-concentrate diet? What is the main finding and its importance? High-..
- Rapid and Accurate Identification of Animal Species in Natural Leather Goods by Liquid Chromatography/Mass SpectrometryYukari Izuchi
Technical Research Laboratory, Kaken Test Center
Mass Spectrom (Tokyo) 5:A0046. 2016..a rapid and simple method for the specific identification of leather derived from cattle, horses, pigs, sheep, goats, and deer by analysing peptides produced by the trypsin-digestion of proteins contained in leather goods using ..
- Ex vivo comparative study on three sinus lift tools for transcrestal detaching maxillary sinus mucosaYanfeng Li
a Department of Stomatology, First Affiliated Hospital of Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Bioengineered . 2016..YSL-04, our recently designed probe-improved sinus lift curettes, and our newly invented elevator 014, using our previous developed goat ex vivo models for direct visualizing the effectiveness of detaching sinus mucosa in real time.
- The molecular genetics and evolution of red and green color vision in vertebratesS Yokoyama
Department of Biology, Syracuse University, New York 13244, USA
Genetics 158:1697-710. 2001..Astyanax fasciatus), frog (Xenopus laevis), chicken (Gallus gallus), chameleon (Anolis carolinensis), goat (Capra hircus), and human (Homo sapiens);and the MWS pigments of cave fish, gecko (Gekko gekko), mouse (Mus musculus), ..
- Current perspectives on bovine spongiform encephalopathy and variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseaseD M Taylor
SEDECON 2000, Edinburgh, UK
Clin Microbiol Infect 8:332-9. 2002..Whether or not sheep or goats could have become infected with BSE, and whether they represent a human health hazard, is also debated...
- A case-control study of scrapie Nor98 in Norwegian sheep flocksPetter Hopp
National Veterinary Institute, PO Box 8156 Dep, NO 0033 Oslo, Norway
J Gen Virol 87:3729-36. 2006Scrapie is a fatal, neurological disease of sheep and goats and belongs to the transmissible spongiform encephalopathies. In 1998, a new type of scrapie, designated scrapie Nor98, was detected in Norway...
- Short communication: Carnobacterium maltaromaticum: the only Carnobacterium species in French ripened soft cheeses as revealed by polymerase chain reaction detectionC Cailliez-Grimal
Nancy Universite, Laboratoire de Science et Genie Alimentaires, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d Agronomie et des Industries Alimentaires Institut National Polytechnique de Lorraine, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Dairy Sci 90:1133-8. 2007..Thirty cheeses made from cow's, ewe's, or goat's milk (raw or pasteurized), of which 20 were Appellation d'Origine Contrôlée, were analyzed in the autumn and ..
- Assessing the efficacy of cidofovir against herpesvirus-induced genital lesions in goats using different therapeutic regimensM Tempesta
Department of Public Health and Animal Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bari, Valenzano, BA, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:4064-8. 2008Caprine herpesvirus 1 (CpHV-1) infection in goats induces genital vesicular-ulcerative lesions that strictly resemble those produced by human herpesvirus 2 in humans...
- Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii in sheep and goats in Rahim Yar Khan (Punjab), PakistanM Ramzan
Department of Parasitology, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, 38040, Pakistan
Trop Anim Health Prod 41:1225-9. 2009..This study was undertaken to determine the seroprevalence of T. gondii infection in sheep and goats. A total of 200 serum samples from sheep and goats, were collected from urban area of Rahim Yar Khan (Punjab), ..
- Effect of addition of soybean trypsin inhibitor to colostrum on immunological status in goat kidsJ J Ramos
Department of Animal Pathology, Veterinary Faculty, Zaragoza University, Zaragoza, Spain
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 94:93-8. 2010..the influence of soybean trypsin inhibitor (TI) on immunoglobulin G (IgG) serum levels and growth in neonatal goat kids...
- Towards a vaccine against Fasciola hepatica using FhSAP2 as an antigenAna M Espino; Fiscal Year: 2013..causes liver fluke disease or fascioliasis, thereby affecting the health of humans, as well as sheep, cattle and goats, among others mammalians. Fascioliasis causes losses in agriculture estimated at >US3.2billion per year...
- GREGORY CHARLES GRAY; Fiscal Year: 2016..in 1992, Mongolia has undergone rapid change with increases in mining operations and animal production of sheep, goats, and cattle...
- MARKERS OF HUMAN INFECTION WITH BOVINE LEUKEMIA VIRUSGERTRUDE BUEHRING; Fiscal Year: 2007..BLV infects lymphocytes and mammary epithelial cells of cattle. It can cross species naturally to infect goats and sheep, and can infect human cells in vitro. Evidence is accumulating that some humans are infected with BLV...
- Characteristics of Prion Entry and Neuroinvasion Following Nasal Cavity InfectionAnthony E Kincaid; Fiscal Year: 2013..spread of prion disease between animals, such as chronic wasting disease in deer and elk, and scrapie in sheep and goats. For these studies hamsters will be inoculated extranasally with prions, which they immediately inhale into their ..
- NCRR RESEARCH TRAINING FOR TUFTS VETERINARY STUDENTSROBERT STAFFORD BRIDGES; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using animal models that include pigs, horses, sheep, goats, cats, dogs, rats and mice, program faculty will provide intensive laboratory training in the research areas of ..
- NCRR RESEARCH TRAINING FOR TUFTS VETERINARY STUDENTSROBERT STAFFORD BRIDGES; Fiscal Year: 2011..Using animal models that include pigs, horses, sheep, goats, cats, dogs, rats and mice, program faculty will provide intensive laboratory training in the research areas of ..
- Nuclear Transfer Embryos from Tetraploid EmbryosROBERT GODKE; Fiscal Year: 2004..tetraploid embryos for aggregation with nuclear transfer embryos for the production of transgenic cattle and goats. GTC Biotherapeutics (formerly Genzyme Transgenics Corporation) has developed the expression of recombinant ..
- Novel Therapeutic Agent to Treat Nerve Agent Exposure after Civilian AttackJOHN KARL TROYER; Fiscal Year: 2010..produced recombinant human butyrylcholinesterase (rBChE) at commercially feasible levels in the milk of transgenic goats and demonstrated that pre-exposure prophylactic treatment with PEGylated rBChE (Protexia) protects animals against ..
- Salivary Gland System for the Production of TherapeuticsJeffrey Erickson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our specific aim is to direct the expression of a human plasma protein to the salivary gland of transgenic goats, and to achieve secretion of the recombinant protein in saliva...
- OMEGA-3 SUPPLMENTATION DECREASES INFLAMMATION AND FETAL OBESITY IN PREGNANCYSylvie Hauguel De Mouzon; Fiscal Year: 2010..The [ong'ierm goats of our research are to examine therapeutic strategies to decrease fetal adiposity...
- Carotid afferent and parafacial neuronal excitatory effects on breathingHubert V Forster; Fiscal Year: 2013..and other hypotheses with the following Specific Aims: 1) Determine the effects on breathing in awake and asleep goats of destruction of Phox2b+ pFRG/RTN neurons...
- David W Pascual; Fiscal Year: 2015..vaccines in a caprine brucellosis animal model for their ability to confer protection against mucosally challenged goats for B. melitensis colonization and abortion...
- Hubert V Forster; Fiscal Year: 2016..In adult goats, microtubules will be chronically implanted for insertion into the preB[unreadable]tzinger Complex (preB[..
- Synovium-based articular cartilage tissue engineeringErnst B Hunziker; Fiscal Year: 2010..But when applied to very large defects in experimental animals (goats), the same strategy is unable to induce their repair within a short period of time...
- Mechanisms of Mutant Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Induced Lung TumorigenesisKATERINA ABIGAIL POLITI; Fiscal Year: 2012..The goats of this research proposal are to detemnine how the phenotype and clinical behaviour of EGFR mutant lung tumors are ..
- Fourth Symposium Biology Vertebrate Sex DeterminationBlanche Capel; Fiscal Year: 2006..and is attended by scientists working on diverse vertebrate systems including fish, birds, reptiles, pigs, goats, horses, mice, marsupials, and humans...
- DETERMINANTS OF REGIONAL LUNG EXPANSION AND PERFUSIONEric Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 1993..Because of the differences in pulmonary arterial tree branching structure of dogs vs. African miniature goats, we will study 6 african miniature goats in year 3 to evaluate differences or similarities in V/Q distribution ..
- PYRROLIZIDINE ALKALOID TOXICITY, METABOLISM, AND BINDINGDONALD BUHLER; Fiscal Year: 1990..Humans are exposed to PAs through ingestion of herbal teas, honey from bees or milk from cows or goats foraging on plants such as tansy ragwort (Senecio jacobaea)...
- GOAT MODEL OF EHRLICHIA CHAFFEENSIS RESERVOIR INFECTIONSusan Little; Fiscal Year: 2000..chafeensis vertebrate infection. The central hypothesis is that domestic goats can serve as a much-needed surrogate to white-tailed deer in laboratory based studies of E...
- Durable Muscle-Prosthetic Bond for Artificial TendonsNatalia Juncosa Melvin; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed work applies the OrthoCoupler in goats to the most demanding setting imaginable - restablishing the knee extensor mechanism after complete excision of ..
- FIFTH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON THE BIOLOGY OF VERTEBRATE SEX DETERMINATIONRichard Behringer; Fiscal Year: 2009..including amphibians, fish, birds, reptiles, monotremes, marsupials, and eutherian mammals, including pigs, goats, horses, mice, and humans...
- ANIMAL RESOURCES IMPROVEMENTHAROLD FARRIS; Fiscal Year: 1991..purchase modular kennels for goats, purchase ventilated animal rack systems, and a waste management system to improve space utilization, management ..
- RESPIRATORY CONSEQUENCES OF OPIATESTEODORO SANTIAGO; Fiscal Year: 1992..this modulation include depression of tidal volume and CO2 chemosensitivity during acute flow-resistive loading in goats, and loss of flow-resistive load compensation in some patients with chronic airflow obstruction...
- IL 4 DIRECTED IMMUNE RESPONSES TO CAEV SUKevin Snekvik; Fiscal Year: 2000..The lentiviral system to be studied is caprine arthritis encephalitis virus (CAEV) in goats. Goats become persistently infected with CAEV and either remain asymptomatic or progress to clinical disease ..
- Highly Oriented PEEK/PEEK Composites for Dental ImplantSHALABY SHALABY; Fiscal Year: 2003..rods composed of solid-state oriented PEEK and CRF-PEEK were implanted transcortically in edentulous mandibles in goats and were assessed at 12 weeks for osseointegration...
- Locomotor Dynamics of Muscle FunctionAndrew Biewener; Fiscal Year: 2007..sonomicrometry) and neural activation (electromyography) of key limb muscles in two animal models: quadrupedal goats and bipedal guinea fowl...
- Osteoarthritis following ACL reconstructionBraden Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2007..Five experimental groups will be compared in this study: 1) Goats with intact ACLs (control group); 2) Goats with a reconstructed ACL implanted under a low initial graft tension; 3)..
- DIRECT GENOME SEQUENCING--MYCOPLASMA CAPRICOLUMWalter Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 1992..M. capricolum is a pathogen for goats, and its related to a human pathogen, M...
- ANIMAL PRODUCTION AND RESEARCH CENTERGLEN SPAULDING; Fiscal Year: 1992..itself as a major regional resource for biomedical research using traditional farm animals, including pigs, goats and sheep...
- PERIPHERAL AND CENTRAL VENTILATORY CONTROLGerald Bisgard; Fiscal Year: 2000..These studies will be supported by recordings of CB afferent neural activity in anesthetized goats. The function of DA receptors and chemical mediators in the CB will be assessed under normal O2 levels and during ..
- ANIMAL MODELS FOR RESEARCH ON AIDS-RELATED LENTIVIRUSESWilliam Davis; Fiscal Year: 1993..is a lentivirus, related to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), that causes arthritis and encephalitis in goats. We propose to use CAEV as a prototype lentivirus to detail the mechanisms by which lentiviruses evade immune ..
- ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY OF MYOTONIC MUSCLESHIRLEY BRYANT; Fiscal Year: 1990..and pharmacological methods will be used to study myotonic behavior of skeletal muscle fibers from myotonic goats and normal skeletal muscle of rats and frogs after induction of myotonia by chemical agents, ionic changes, or ..
- MUSCLE ADAPTABILITY AND RESPIRATORY SYSTEM DESIGNStan Lindstedt; Fiscal Year: 1990..These goals will be accomplished experimentally by coupling a long-term endurance training study (in domestic goats) with final experiments in which the fractional content of inspired 02 and hemoglobin concentration will be ..
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin for Hereditary DeficiencyCarol Ziomek; Fiscal Year: 2005..for human therapeutic use by producing recombinant human alpha-1 antitrypsin (rhAAT) in the milk of transgenic goats. Human alpha-1 antitrypsin is currently isolated from donated human plasma, but shifts in the plasma fractionation ..
- INTERACTIONS IN VENTILATORY CONTROL DURING EXERCISEGordon Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 1999..Experiments will be conducted using awake goats trained to run on a treadmill as an experimental model...
- Gene delivery into whole, adult, large animalsPATRICK FOGARTY; Fiscal Year: 2003..vector technologies are efficient and safe for creating large transgenic animals, specifically chickens, pigs, and goats. This project is the next step in testing these new gene delivery vectors on their way for use in human gene ..
- Center for Mechanotransduction and Nanomedicine. (RMI)Michael Sheetz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our goats are to apply complementary sets of nanotools towards learning how biological systems respond to physical cues, and ..
- Transgenic Goats Produced by Germ Cell TransplantationIna Dobrinski; Fiscal Year: 2003..proposal is to optimize methods of male germ cell transfection and transplantation for use in producing transgenic goats. The milk of transgenic goats is a safe, abundant and cost effective production source for recombinant human ..
- CD137 AS A TARGET FOR THE IMMUNOTHERAPY OF CANCERDaniel Schindler; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Phase I, we generated transgenic goats expressing anti-human CD137 at commercially feasible levels and provided preliminary evidence of bioactivity in a ..
- RAPID PRODUCTION OF HOMOZYGOUS TRANSGENIC ANIMALSYann Echelard; Fiscal Year: 2003The objective of this proposal is to produce homozygous cell lines from existing hemizygous transgenic goats and cows, for use in producing homozygous transgenic animals...
- STRUCTURE-FUNCTION RELATIONSHIPS IN RED CELL NA-K PUMPSDONNA KROPP; Fiscal Year: 1980..structural change in the pumps (or in the cell membrane near the pumps) has been demonstrated in certain sheep and goats. This alteration increases the affinity of the pump for intracellular K, resulting in cells which are low in ..
- Efficacy of CIDR-G intravaginal implants for synchronization of estrus in goatsRonald W Griffith; Fiscal Year: 2010EFFICACY OF CIDR-Gs SYNCHRONIZATION OF ESTRUS IN GOATS ADR: 324 GCP Study No...
- LINDA HICKAM; Fiscal Year: 2014..egg retailers, 764 egg dealers, 8 processors, as well as 1,445 total permitted and licensed dairy farms, including goat and sheep with the Missouri State Milk Board...
- SPATIO-TEMPORAL PERIODICITY IN ARTIAL FIBRILLATIONJOSE JALIFE; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will use two well-established experimental models (sheep and goat) of acute and chronic AF with vastly different patterns of AF excitation to elucidate electrophysiological and ..
- Defining Critical Parameters of Mouse CloningRobert Lanza; Fiscal Year: 2001..consistently low frequency with which live-born cloned offspring are obtained, irrespective of the species (cattle, goat, pig, sheep and mouse): it is at best approximately 2 percent...
- IMMUNE CONTROL OF CAE LENTIVIRUSDonald Knowles; Fiscal Year: 2005Vaccination trials were conducted in outbred Saanen goats using recombinant vaccinia or plasmid DNA vectors expressing the caprine arthritis-encephalitis virus (CAEV) env gene or plasmid DNA expressing CAEV env and tat...
- The gastric X/A-like (ghrelin) cell: A peripheral regulator of food intakeNILS WG LAMBRECHT; Fiscal Year: 2012..MeSH terms only;minimum three) ghrelin, nucleobindin2 (NUCB2), nesfatin-1, MBOAT4, ghrelin-O-acyl transferase (GOAT), food intake, peripheral regulation, gastric mucosal X/A cell, obesity, cachexia, LPS BRIEF STATEMENT OF RESEARCH ..
- Joseph L Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2016..the sterol-regulated, ubiquitin-mediated pathway for degradation of HMG CoA reductase and lnsig-1;6) discovery of GOAT, the enzyme that attaches octanoic acid to ghrelin, a covalent modification required for ghrelin's activity in ..
- Improved manufacture of bone transport platesTIMOTHY MULONE; Fiscal Year: 2009..easy to place and use, and able to successfully transport a dentate bone segment across a 2 cm bony gap in a live goat model...
- Andrew A Biewener; Fiscal Year: 2016..via sonomicrometry), and neural activation (via multiple indwelling fine-wire EMG electrodes) in an animal model (goat hind limb muscles), quantitative measures of in vivo contractile performance will be used to validate and improve ..
- Clostridium perfringens Type B-D Virulence PlasmidsFrancisco A Uzal; Fiscal Year: 2013..optimized animal models that evaluate specific disease aspects, including enteric pathogenicity (using rabbit or goat ileal loops) or lethality (using mouse i.d...
- Discovery of Small Molecule Probes for Ghrelin O-Acyltransferase (GOAT)Kim D Janda; Fiscal Year: 2013..for this post-translational modification was recently discovered and named ghrelin O-acyltransferase, or GOAT. Murine genetic knockout models of GOAT function have indicated that contrary to previous hypotheses regarding ..
- Philip A Cole; Fiscal Year: 2016..The ghrelin O-acyltransferase (GOAT) enzyme catalyzes the unusual PTM of octanoyl attachment to a Ser side chain of the peptide hormone ghrelin and ..
- Development and Application of Ghrelin O-acyltransferase InhibitorsPhilip A Cole; Fiscal Year: 2011..concerns the development and analysis of novel chemical inhibitors of a key enzyme, ghrelin 0-acyltransferase (GOAT) that catalyzes a critical step in the biosynthesis of acyl ghrelin, a body mass and glucose regulatory hormone...
- Bone Regeneration Via Silk BiomaterialsDavid L Kaplan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Subsequent to optimization, in the final aim of the study, the implants will be assessed in a critical-size goat femur defect model...
- STANDARD ANIMAL MODEL FOR ARTICULAR CARTILAGE REPAIRAnthony Ratcliffe; Fiscal Year: 2013..experience in using large animal models for cartilage repair, and recently we and others have successfully used the goat as a method of assessing cartilage repair...
- Proteome-wide study of signaling networks in cancer by mass spectrometryJudit Villen; Fiscal Year: 2012..The goat of this proposal Is to approach the study of signaling pathways in cancer using state-of-the-art proteomics ..
- A Standard Animal Model for Articular Cartilage RepairAnthony Ratcliffe; Fiscal Year: 2010..experience in using large animal models for cartilage repair, and recently we and others have successfully used the goat as a method of assessing cartilage repair...
- Raymond Sze; Fiscal Year: 2015..workstation and evaluate the system in the MRI environment using custom anthropomorphic pediatric phantoms and goat legs. Modify the system as needed and repeat the evaluations to validate the system in-vitro. 4...
- CHARACTERISTICS OF MULTIDRUG RESISTANCE IN HUMAN TUMORSWilliam T Beck; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goat of this project has been the dissection of mechanisms of tumor multidrug resistance...
- Engineered Self-Assembling Fvs for PiezoimmunosensorsXiangqun Zeng; Fiscal Year: 2009..The initial study will focus on developing an a-human/goat IgG Fv- SAM to test the underlying principle...
- Sustained, target delivery for treatment of cervical pathologiesWendy A Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2013..the cervix) using a large animal model, the goat. The studies described represent the necessary pre-clinical efforts to examine potential toxicity and rate of ..
- Nanoporous Gold: Extractive Substrate for High-Speed Ultrasensitive BioassaysLorraine Siperko; Fiscal Year: 2010..these guidelines will be applied to assays for the detection of FCV in several matrices, including whole goat serum, tap water and groundwater...
- MECHANISMS OF MICROCYSTIN-LR HEPATOTOXICITYVal Beasley; Fiscal Year: 1993..antibody will be purified by affinity chromatography, incubated with toxin-exposed hepatocytes, and labelled with a goat anti- rabbit fluorescent antibody to localize sites of toxin binding (i.e., initially the plasma membrane)...
- In Situ Polymerizing Biodendrimer Scaffolds for Articular Cartilage RepairROBERT NASLUND; Fiscal Year: 2006..these studies in 12 months will lead to Phase II work designed to evaluate the biodendrimer scaffold in an in vivo goat model of articular cartilage and to address issues of GMP manufacturing for ultimate commercialization of this ..
- BIOLUMINESCENT PROTEINS AS LABELS IN DIAGNOSTIC ASSAYSMILTON CORMIER; Fiscal Year: 1992..Aim #3 Apoaequorin, aequorin, and luciferase will be covalently coupled to goat-antimouse IgG and IgM and the derivatives will be tested for their stability, sensitivity to detection and affinity ..
- COMPOSITIONS COMPRISING A CASEIN AND METHODS OF PRODUCING THE SAMEPatent Number: WO2016029193-A1; Date:2016-02-25
- METHOD, PROBE AND KIT FOR DNA IN SITU HYBRIDATION AND USE THEREOFPatent Number: JP2014509862-A; Date:2014-04-24
- Detection method for species specific identification of nucleic acid of interestPatent Number: EP2889381-A1; Date:2015-07-01
- DETECTION METHODSPatent Number: WO2015097030-A1; Date:2015-07-02
- Nucleotide and amino acid sequences of oocyte factors for altering ovarian follicular growth in vivo or in vitroPatent Number: WO0196393-A2; Date:2001-12-20
- Method and kit for animal species-specific dna identification of a samplePatent Number: WO02064822-A2; Date:2002-08-22
- Mammary gland-specific human erythropoietin expression vector, transgenic animal and method for producing human erythropoietin using samePatent Number: JP2010535496-A; Date:2010-11-25
- Prion proteins and their usesPatent Number: WO0183747-A2; Date:2001-11-08
- Recombinant protein uk114 and its use in therapy and diagnosticsPatent Number: WO0063368-A1; Date:2000-10-26
- Method for identifying organisms by means of comparative genetic analysis and primers and hybridisation probes for carrying out this methodPatent Number: WO0055361-A2; Date:2000-09-21
- GROWTH HORMONE GENE OF CAPRA HIRCUS AEGAGRUSPatent Number: KR1019970063428-A; Date:1997-11-27
- KOREAN NATIVE GOAT LACTOFERRIN EXHIBITING ANTIBACTERIAL EFFECTIVENESS AND GENE THEREOFPatent Number: KR1019960061925-A; Date:1996-12-05
- Method for the detection and/or identification of the original animal species in animal matter contained in a samplePatent Number: JP2005514037-A; Date:2005-05-19
- HAGFISH CATHELIN-ASSOCIATED ANTIMICROBIAL PEPTIDES AND GENESPatent Number: JP2005508151-A; Date:2005-03-31
- UNIVERSAL PRIMERS AND THE USE THEREOF FOR THE DETECTION AND IDENTIFICATION OF VERTEBRATE SPECIESPatent Number: WO2012160277-A1; Date:2012-11-29
- Method, probe and kit for DNA in situ hybridation and use thereofPatent Number: EP2500436-A1; Date:2012-09-19
- Transgenic production of antibodies in milkPatent Number: EP1400171-A1; Date:2004-03-24
- NUCLEOTIDE SEQUENCE FROM GOAT LIVERPatent Number: WO9730154-A1; Date:1997-08-21
- Mammary gland-specific human erythropoietin expression vector, transgenic animal and method for producing human erythropoietin using samePatent Number: EP2176414-A1; Date:2010-04-21
- Paratuberculosis susceptibility testPatent Number: EP2226391-A1; Date:2010-09-08
- METHOD FOR DETERMINING BLENDING RATIO AMONG THE ANIMAL FIBERS USED IN AN ANIMAL HAIR FIBER PRODUCTPatent Number: JP2004121229-A; Date:2004-04-22
- Nucleotide and Amino Acid sequences of oocyte factors for altering ovarian follicular growth in vivo or in vitroPatent Number: JP2004503236-A; Date:2004-02-05
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN UK114 AND ITS USE IN THERAPY AND DIAGNOSTICSPatent Number: JP2002541841-A; Date:2002-12-10
- Method for the detection and/or identification of the original animal species in animal matter contained in a samplePatent Number: WO03057913-A2; Date:2003-07-17