Alias: Taenia saginata
Publications155 found, 100 shown here
- Foodborne and waterborne parasitesEdoardo Pozio
Department of Infectious, Parasitic and Immunomediated Diseases, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Acta Microbiol Pol 52:83-96. 2003..e., by cysts present in infected meat and by oocysts contaminating food and water. Eleven helminthic species (Taenia saginata, Taenia solium, Taenia asiatica, Trichinella spiralis, Tr. nativa, Tr. britovi, Tr. pseudospiralis, Tr...
- Isolation of a 14 kDa antigen from Taenia solium cyst fluid by HPLC and its evaluation in enzyme linked immunosorbent assay for diagnosis of porcine cysticercosisE Assana
Parasitology Laboratory, IMT UDS, P O Box 222, University of Dschang, Cameroon
Res Vet Sci 82:370-6. 2007..evaluated with serum samples from pigs that were naturally or experimentally infected with Taenia hydatigena, Taenia saginata asiatica, Fasciola hepatica, Trichinella spiralis, Metastrongylus apri, Trypanosoma congolense and Sarcoptes ..
- Taenia saginata metacestode antigenic fractions without affinity to concanavalin A are an important source of specific antigens for the diagnosis of human neurocysticercosisHeliana B Oliveira
Departamento de Imunologia, Microbiologia e Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade Federal de Uberlandia, 38400 902 Uberlândia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Clin Vaccine Immunol 17:638-44. 2010b>Taenia saginata metacestode antigens have been constituted a useful alternative antigen for neurocysticercosis (NC) serodiagnosis, particularly due to an increasing difficulty to obtain Taenia solium homologous antigen...
- Complete sequence of the mitochondrial genome of Taenia saginata: comparison with T. solium and T. asiaticaHyeong Kyu Jeon
Department of Parasitology and Medical Research Institute, Chungbuk National University College of Medicine, Gaeshin dong, Chongju, Chungbuk 361 763, South Korea
Parasitol Int 56:243-6. 2007The complete sequence of the Taenia saginata mitochondrial genome was determined, and its organization and structure were compared to other human-tropic Taenia tapeworms for which complete mitochondrial sequence data were available...
- Use of a pre-selected epitope of cathepsin-L1 in a highly specific peptide-based immunoassay for the diagnosis of Fasciola hepatica infections in cattleJ B Cornelissen
DLO Institute for Animal Science and Health, Department of Immunology, Pathobiology and Epidemiology, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Int J Parasitol 29:685-96. 1999..Ostertagia ostertagi, Cooperia oncophora, Nematodirus helvetianus, Schistosoma mattheei, Ascaris suum, Taenia saginata or F. hepatica, respectively, and sera from parasite-naive calves...
- [Evaluation of parasitological laboratory results of a group of people older than 15 years of age in Kutahya]Cihangir Akdemir
Dumlupinar Universitesi, Sağlik Hizmetleri Eğitim Araştirma ve Uygulama Merkezi Hastanesi, Kutahya, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 31:37-40. 2007..30%, Iodamoeba butschlii 1.33%, Blastocystis hominis 1.04%, Endolimax nana 0.44%, Entamoeba coli 1.04%, Taenia saginata 0.44%, Trichostrongylus spp. 0.15%, Entamoeba coli + Blastocystis hominis 0...
- Molecular cloning of genes encoding oncosphere proteins reveals conservation of modular protein structure in cestode antigensCharles Gauci
Molecular Parasitology Laboratory, The University of Melbourne, Princes Highway, Werribee, 3030, Vic, Australia
Mol Biochem Parasitol 127:193-8. 2003..Here molecular cloning is used to complete comparisons of Taenia solium, Taenia saginata, Taenia ovis, Echinococcus granulosus and Echinococcus multilocularis oncosphere antigens and genes...
- Vaccination against cestode parasites: anti-helminth vaccines that work and whyM W Lightowlers
The University of Melbourne, Veterinary Clinical Centre, VIC 3030, Werribee, Australia
Vet Parasitol 115:83-123. 2003Highly effective recombinant vaccines have been developed against the helminth parasites Taenia ovis, Taenia saginata and Echinococcus granulosus...
- [Distribution of intestinal parasites in patients presenting at the environmental-food and medicine analysis laboratory of Sivas municipality during the years 1993-2006]Ahmet Duran Ataş
Yozgat Devlet Hastanesi, Mikrobiyoloji Laboratuvari, Yozgat, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 32:59-64. 2008..8%) Entamoeba coli, 27 (3.7%) Entamoeba histolytica/dispar, 91 (12.4%) Giardia intestinalis, 30 (4.1%) Taenia saginata, 13 (1.8%) Hymenolepis nana, 7 (1%) Ascaris lumbricoides, 2 (0.3%) Trichuris trichiura and 1 (0...
- Detection of Paragonimus heterotremus eggs in experimentally infected cats by a polymerase chain reaction-based methodPewpan M Intapan
Departmentsof Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
J Parasitol 91:195-8. 2005..spiralis, Fasciola gigantica, Echinostoma malayanum, Opisthorchis viverrini, Dirofilaria immitis, and Taenia saginata; exceptions were Paragonimus siamensis and Paragonimus westermani...
- Pig as a favorable animal for Taenia saginata asiatica infectionPing Chin Fan
Institute of Tropical Medicine, Department of Parasitology, National Yangming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 22:1-13. 2006The epidemiology of Taenia saginata in some parts of Asia is confusing, in that beef does not appear to be the source of infection. In some areas, beef is either not available or not eaten raw, whereas pork at times is eaten uncooked...
- Development of a biomolecular assay for postmortem diagnosis of Taenia saginata CysticercosisFrancesco Chiesa
Department of Animal Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Turin, da Vinci 44, Grugliasco TO, Italy
Foodborne Pathog Dis 7:1171-5. 2010Bovine cysticercosis is caused by the larval stage of the human tapeworm Taenia saginata. According to European data on meat inspection, the prevalence ranges from 0.007% to 6...
- Separation of calcareous corpuscles from plerocercoids of Spirometra mansoni and their binding proteinsH J Yang
Department of Parasitology, Cheju National University, Medical School, Korea
Parasitol Res 86:781-2. 2000..to bind specifically in cystic fluid of Cysticercus cellulosae, as was a 40-kDa protein in crude extracts of Taenia saginata and a 27-kDa molecule in crude extracts of Paragonimus westermani and Clonorchis sinensis, respectively...
- High prevalence of Haplorchis taichui, Phaneropsolus molenkampi, and other helminth infections among people in Khammouane province, Lao PDRJong Yil Chai
Department of Parasitology and Tropical Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, and Institute of Endemic Diseases, Seoul National University Medical Research Center, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 47:243-7. 2009..Trichuris trichiura, Enterobius vermicularis, and/or Taenia saginata) were found. The total number of helminth specimens collected was 20,907 (approximately 634 per person)...
- [Distribution of intestinal parasites detected in the Tokat public health laboratory during the period from January 2007 - December 2009]Ahmet Duran Ataş
Muş Alparslan Üniversitesi, Fen Edebiyat Fakultesi, Biyoloji Bolumu, MUS, Turkiye, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 34:161-5. 2010..8%) Entamoeba histolytica/dispar, 46 (2.5%) Entamoeba coli, 2 (0.1%) Hymenolepis nana, 16 (0.9%) Taenia saginata, 3 (0.2%) Ascaris lumbricoides, and 1 (0.05%) Trichuris trichiura...
- Taenia solium and Taenia saginata: identification of sequence characterized amplified region (SCAR) markersAna Karina Kerche Dias
Department of Animal Health and Production, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Campus Araçatuba, Rua Clovis Pestana, 793, Jd D Amélia, Aracatuba, SP 16050 680, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 117:9-12. 2007..The two main parasites involved in the taeniasis-cysticercosis complex in Brazil are Taenia saginata and Taenia solium...
- NADH dehydrogenase subunit 1 and cytochrome c oxidase subunit I sequences compared for members of the genus Taenia (Cestoda)R B Gasser
Department of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Int J Parasitol 29:1965-70. 1999..Taenia taeniaeformis, Taenia hydatigena, Taenia pisiformis, Taenia ovis, Taenia multiceps, Taenia serialis, Taenia saginata, Taenia solium and the Asian Taenia) were characterised by their mitochondrial NADH dehydrogenase subunit 1 ..
- In vitro oncosphere-killing assays to determine immunity to the larvae of Taenia pisiformis, Taenia ovis, Taenia saginata, and Taenia soliumCraig T Kyngdon
Veterinary Clinical Centre, The University of Melbourne, 250 Princes Hwy, Werribee, Victoria 3030, Australia
J Parasitol 92:273-81. 2006..assays for the quantification of host-protective serum antibodies against Taenia pisiformis, Taenia ovis, Taenia saginata, and Taenia solium in rabbits, sheep, cattle, and pigs, respectively. Activated oncospheres of T...
- Vaccines for prevention of cysticercosisM W Lightowlers
Molecular Parasitology Laboratory, Veterinary Clinical Centre, The University of Melbourne, 250 Princes Highway, Victoria 3030, Werribee, Australia
Acta Trop 87:129-35. 2003..effective vaccines have been developed against cysticercosis in sheep and cattle caused by Taenia ovis and Taenia saginata, respectively. This success has encouraged the adoption of a similar strategy for T. solium...
- [Prevalence of intestinal parasites among workers in food sector in Van region]Muhammet Güzel Kurtoğlu
Van Il Sağlik Müdürlüğü, Halk Sağliği Laboratuvari, Van, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 31:309-12. 2007..81% Enterobius vermicularis, 0.67% Hymenolepis nana, 0.40% Trichuris trichiura, 0.27% Taenia saginata, 4.87% Blastocystis hominis, 3.24% Entamoeba coli, 2.84% Giardia intestinalis, 2.02% Iodamoeba bütschlii, 0...
- Epidemiology of infections with intestinal parasites and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) among sugar-estate residents in EthiopiaA L Fontanet
Ethiopian Netherlands AIDS Research Project ENARP, Ethiopian Health and Nutrition Research Institute EHNRI, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 94:269-78. 2000..6%), hookworms (23.8%), Ascaris lumbricoides (22.2%), Trichuris trichiura (19.5%), S. stercoralis (13.0%), Taenia saginata (4.5%), Giardia lamblia (3.0%), and Enterobius vermicularis (1.3%)...
- [A retrospective analysis of the results of a seven-year parasitological examination of stools from Malatya State Hospital]Mehmet Koroglu
Malatya Devlet Hastanesi, Klinik Mikrobiyoloji, Malatya, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 31:201-4. 2007..9%) and Enterobius vermicularis (8.3%). Entamoeba histolytica/E. dispar (5.3%), Ascaris lumbricoides (3%), Taenia saginata (2.2%) and Hymenolepis nana (2%) were the other parasites detected in this study...
- Development and field evaluation of a new serological test for Taenia saginata cysticercosisOladele Ogunremi
Centre for Food borne and Animal Parasitology, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Saskatoon Laboratory, Saskatoon, Sask, Canada
Vet Parasitol 169:93-101. 2010Cattle infected with the tapeworm cyst, Taenia saginata metacestode (synonym: Cysticercus bovis) are a source of human infection if affected beef is eaten raw or undercooked...
- Studies on abnormality of metacestodes and adult worms of Taenia solium and Taenia saginata asiatica in rodents and pigsP C Fan
Institute and Department of Parasitology, National Yangming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 32:116-21. 2001Abnormalities are not uncommon in Taenia saginata and T. solium. After examining 328 mature proglottids from 2 adult worms from two experimentally infected hamsters, 13 (4...
- [Epidemiological retrospective survey intestinal parasitism in the Provincial Hospital Center (Kenitra, Morocco): review of 10 years (1996-2005)]Y El Guamri
Laboratoire de Biologie et Santé, Faculte des Sciences, Université Ibn Tofail, Kenitra
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 67:191-202. 2009..87%), followed by Trichuris trichiura (5.64%), Hymenolepis nana (2.68%), Enterobius vermicularis (2.08%), Taenia saginata (0.75%) and Stronyloides stercoralis (0.45%)...
- Immunoelectrophoretic analyses of antigens shared by the vesicular fluid and cyst wall of Taenia crassiceps and Taenia saginata metacestodesB Kalinna
Fachbereich Biologie, , Marburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Parasitol Res 75:568-74. 1989..saginata metacestodes from heavily and moderately infected calves (n = 6) by ELISA, VF and CWE antigens of both Taenia species were found to be potent reagents; TsVF was the most sensitive antigen...
- Further molecular discrimination of Spanish strains of Echinococcus granulosusL M Gonzalez
Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, 28220 Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Exp Parasitol 102:46-56. 2002..amplification fragments, previously reported, that allows species-specific discrimination between Taenia saginata, Taenia solium, and E. granulosus...
- [The distribution of patients with intestinal parasites presenting at the parasitology laboratory of the Mustafa Kemal University medical faculty]Gulnaz Culha
Mustafa Kemal Universitesi Tip Fakültesi Parazitoloji Anabilim Dali, Hatay, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 30:302-4. 2006..2%) Dicrocoelium dentriticum, (%1) Ascaris lumbricoides, (%2. 8) Iodamoeba bütschlii, (%1.20) Chilomastix mesnili, (1.4%) Hymenolepis nana, (1.8%) Trichomonas hominis, (0.2%) Strongyloides stercoralis and (0.7%) Taenia saginata.
- Prevalence of the intestinal flukes Haplorchis taichui and H. yokogawai in a mountainous area of Phongsaly Province, Lao PDRJong Yil Chai
Department of Parasitology and Tropical Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 48:339-42. 2010..2 from 2 people), Ascaris lumbricoides (2 from 1 person), Enterobius vermicularis (11 from 3 people), and Taenia saginata (1 strobila with scolex from 1 person)...
- Vaccination trials against Taenia solium eggs in pigs injected with frozen oncospheres of T. solium or Taenia saginata asiaticaPing Chin Fan
Institute and Department of Parasitology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 36:96-100. 2003..142 to 185 days were used to determine whether pigs injected with nonviable oncospheres of Taenia solium or Taenia saginata asiatica can become resistant to the challenge of viable eggs of T. solium...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a major egg antigen in Paragonimus westermani and its use in ELISA for the immunodiagnosis of paragonimiasisJae Sik Lee
Department of Parasitology and Institute of Tropical Medicine, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, 120 752, South Korea
Parasitol Res 100:677-81. 2007..was 40, 38, and was 35% identical to heat shock proteins from Schistosoma japonicum, Schistosoma mansoni, and Taenia saginata. The distribution this antigen was investigated in adult worms by indirect immunofluorescence assay, and ..
- Serodiagnosis of bovine cysticercosis by detecting live Taenia saginata cysts using a monoclonal antibody-based antigen-ELISAW Wanzala
Department of Zoology, University of Nairobi, PO Box 30197, Nairobi, Kenya
J S Afr Vet Assoc 73:201-6. 2002An ante mortem antigen-ELISA-based diagnosis of Taenia saginata cysticercosis was studied in artificially (n = 24) and naturally (n = 25) infected cattle with the objective of further validating the assay as a field diagnostic test...
- Helminthic infestation in children of Kupwara district: a prospective studyS A Wani
PG Department of Zoology, The University of Kashmir, Soura, Srinagar, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 25:398-400. 2007..various helminth parasites included Ascaris lumbricoides , Trichuris trichiura , Enterobius vermicularis and Taenia saginata . By far, the highest frequency of 69...
- A Taenia solium oncosphere protein homologous to host-protective Taenia ovis and Taenia saginata 18 kDa antigensC G Gauci
Molecular Parasitology Laboratory, University of Melbourne, Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Int J Parasitol 28:757-60. 1998..encoding a protein with close homology to host protective oncosphere antigens from Taenia ovis (To18) and Taenia saginata (TSA-18) is described here. TSOL-18 was cloned from mRNA obtained from hatched and activated oncospheres of T...
- Alternative splicing and sequence diversity of transcripts from the oncosphere stage of Taenia solium with homology to the 45W antigen of Taenia ovisC G Gauci
Molecular Parasitology Laboratory, The University of Melbourne, Princes Highway, Werribee, VIC 3030, Australia
Mol Biochem Parasitol 112:173-81. 2001..These features are common to their T. ovis and Taenia saginata homologues...
- Human cerebral cysticercosis: immunolocalization of a sodium-dependent glucose cotransporter (SGLT) in larval and adult tapewormsE M Cornford
Department of Neurology, Brain Research Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Parasitol 87:510-21. 2001..The SGLT epitopes were also immunolocalized in gravid proglottids of Taenia saginata, indicating that cotransporter expression persisted in intestinal-dwelling, adult tapeworms...
- Vaccines against cysticercosis and hydatidosisM W Lightowlers
Molecular Parasitology Laboratory, Veterinary Clinical Centre, The University of Melbourne, 250 Princes Highway, Werribee, VIC 3030, Australia
Vet Parasitol 101:337-52. 2001..of molecular techniques to the successful development of recombinant vaccines against Taenia ovis, Taenia saginata and Echinococcus granulosus as well as the immunological and genomic studies that have arisen from their ..
- Genomic and functional characterisation of a secreted antigen of Taenia saginata oncospheresPedro Bonay
Centro de Biologia Molecular, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
Mol Biochem Parasitol 121:269-73. 2002
- [Cestode infections in Poland in 2000]Wojciech Płonka
Zakład Parazytologii Lekarskiej Państwowego Zakładu Higieny Ul Chocimska 24, 00 791 Warszawa
Przegl Epidemiol 56:357-61. 2002In 2000, 439 intestinal cestode infections were registered in Poland. Among them 359 were caused by Taenia saginata, three by T. solium, 52 by Taenia sp...
- [Cestode infections in Poland in 2001]Maria Waloch
Zakład Parazytologii Lekarskiej Państwowego Zakładu Higieny Ul Chocimska 24, 00 791 Warszawa
Przegl Epidemiol 57:159-63. 2003In 2001, 286 intestinal cestode infections were registered in Poland. Among them 195 were caused by Taenia saginata, 2 by T. solium, 71 by Taenia sp., 1 by Hymenolepis diminuta, and 1 by Dipylidium caninum...
- Molecular and genetic characterisation of the host-protective oncosphere antigens of taeniid cestode parasitesM W Lightowlers
The University of Melbourne, Veterinary Clinical Centre, 250 Princes Highway, Victoria 3030, Werribee, Australia
Int J Parasitol 33:1207-17. 2003Highly effective recombinant vaccines have been developed against Taenia ovis infection in sheep, Taenia saginata infection in cattle, Taenia solium infection in pigs, Echinococcus granulosus and Echinococcus multilocularis infections in ..
- DNA differential diagnosis of taeniasis and cysticercosis by multiplex PCRHiroshi Yamasaki
Department of Parasitology Animal Laboratory for Medical Research, Asahikawa Medical College, Asahikawa, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 42:548-53. 2004..multiplex PCR with cytochrome c oxidase subunit 1 gene yielded evident differential products unique for Taenia saginata and Taenia asiatica and for American/African and Asian genotypes of Taenia solium with molecular sizes of 827,..
- Effect of some chemical agents on the viability of Cysticercus bovisLily H Mohamoud
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 33:391-6. 2003..auriculiformis, lemon juice, praziquantel, pumpkin, perosan and yomesan on the viability of cysticerci of Taenia saginata in vitro was investigated...
- Differential diagnosis of Taenia saginata and Taenia saginata asiatica taeniasis through PCRLuis Miguel Gonzalez
Departamento de Parasitologia, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Majadahonda, Spain
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 49:183-8. 2004New multiplex-PCR and PCR-linked restriction fragment length polymorphism protocols, derived from Taenia saginata HDP2 DNA sequence, have been designed that allow the simultaneous and specific identification of T...
- Tsp36, a tapeworm small heat-shock protein with a duplicated alpha-crystallin domain, forms dimers and tetramers with good chaperone-like activityGuido Kappé
Department of Biochemistry, University of Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Proteins 57:109-17. 2004..for the oligomerization and chaperone-like properties of sHSPs, we characterized Tsp36 from the tapeworm Taenia saginata. Both wild-type Tsp36 and a mutant (Tsp36C-->R) in which the single cysteine has been replaced by arginine ..
- Taenia saginata: differential diagnosis of human taeniasis by polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism assayCaris Maroni Nunes
UNESP, Campus Araçatuba, Department of Animal Health and Production, SP, Brazil
Exp Parasitol 110:412-5. 2005..we evaluated PCR coupled to restriction fragment length polymorphism to differentiate Taenia solium from Taenia saginata eggs present in fecal samples from naturally infected patients...
- High prevalence of Taenia saginata taeniasis and status of Taenia solium cysticercosis in Bali, Indonesia, 2002-2004T Wandra
Directorate General Communicable Disease Control and Environmental Health, Ministry of Health, Jakarta, Indonesia
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 100:346-53. 2006..solium infection was detected. All expelled tapeworms were confirmed to be Taenia saginata by mtDNA analysis. There was no Taenia asiatica human case in Bali...
- Taeniasis, cysticercosis and echinococcosis in ThailandJitra Waikagul
Department of Helminthology, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Parasitol Int 55:S175-80. 2006..8%). Taenia saginata was the dominant species. Cysticercosis in Thailand is somewhat under-reported/recorded...
- Taeniasis/cysticercosis in Papua (Irian Jaya), IndonesiaSri S Margono
Department Research and Community Service, University of Indonesia
Parasitol Int 55:S143-8. 2006Reports showed that an important parasitic zoonotic disease caused by Taenia solium, Taenia saginata and Taenia asiatica is found endemic in several areas of Indonesia including Papua, Bali and North Sumatra...
- Challenges for control of taeniasis/cysticercosis in IndonesiaThomas Suroso
Directorate General Communicable Disease Control and Environmental Health, Ministry of Health, Indonesia
Parasitol Int 55:S161-5. 2006..Current surveys in Bali and Samosir District, North Sumatra during 2002-2005 revealed that Taenia saginata taeniasis has increased in incidence whereas T...
- Molecular and functional characterization of a Taenia adhesion gene family (TAF) encoding potential protective antigens of Taenia saginata oncospheresLuis Miguel Gonzalez
Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Majadahonda, Madrid, 28220, Spain
Parasitol Res 100:519-28. 2007Two clones from an activated Taenia saginata oncosphere cDNA library, Ts45W and Ts45S, were isolated and sequenced. Both of these genes belong to the Taenia ovis 45W gene family...
- Incidental video-capsule diagnosis of small-bowel Taenia saginata in a patient with recurrent hemorrhage due to angiodysplasiasH Martines
Department of Medical Sciences, Ospedale San Paolo, Savona, Italy
Endoscopy 38:E35. 2006
- The Taenia saginata homologue of the major surface antigen of Echinococcus spp. is immunogenic and 97% identical to its Taenia solium homologueLuis Miguel Gonzalez
Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Ctra Majadahonda Pozuelo km 2, 2, 28220 Majadahonda Madrid, Spain
Parasitol Res 101:1541-9. 2007The TEG-Tsag gene of Taenia saginata is homologous to the genes expressing the two major surface antigens of Echinococcus spp. (EM10 and EG10)...
- Bovine cysticercosis in cattle slaughtered at Awassa municipal abattoir, Ethiopia: prevalence, cyst viability, distribution and its public health implicationF Abunna
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Hawassa University, PO Box 5, Awassa, Ethiopia
Zoonoses Public Health 55:82-8. 2008..in cattle slaughtered at Awassa municipal abattoir with the objective of determining the prevalence of Taenia saginata cysticercosis, cyst viability, distribution and its public health implication...
- Prevalence of intestinal parasites and associated risk factors among schoolchildren in Srinagar City, Kashmir, IndiaShowkat Ahmad Wani
Department of Zoology, University of Kashmir, Srinagar, India
J Parasitol 93:1541-3. 2007..4%), followed by Giardia lamblia (7.2%), Trichuris trichiura (4.9%), and Taenia saginata (3.7%)...
- Epidemiology and control prospects of foodborne parasitic zoonoses in the European UnionE Pozio
Community Reference Laboratory for Parasites, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Parassitologia 50:17-24. 2008..Toxoplasma gondii, Sarcocystis hominis, Sarcocystis suishominis, Diphyllobotrium latum, Taenia solium, Taenia saginata, Opisthorchis felineus, Anisakis spp., Pseudoterranova spp., Trichinella spp...
- Distribution of Taenia saginata cysticerci in tissues of experimentally infected cattleBrad Scandrett
Centre for Food borne and Animal Parasitology, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Saskatoon Laboratory, 116 Veterinary Road, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Vet Parasitol 164:223-31. 2009Bovine cysticercosis caused by Taenia saginata is a zoonotic disease warranting routine inspection measures for the postmortem detection of cysticerci (cysts) in beef destined for human consumption...
- Frequency of intestinal parasites among food-handlers in Khartoum, SudanM A Babiker
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, College of Medicine, University of Juba, Suda
East Mediterr Health J 15:1098-104. 2009..7% of food-handlers harboured intestinal helminths: Hymenolepis nana (1.6%), Schistosoma mansoni (0.7%), Taenia saginata (0.3%) and Strongyloides stercoralis (0.1%)...
- Jacalin-unbound fraction of Taenia saginata in immunodiagnosis of neurocysticercosis in human cerebrospinal fluidDaniela da Silva Nunes
Departamento de Imunologia, Microbiologia e Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade Federal de Uberlandia, Av Para 1720, Uberlandia, MG, Brazil
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 68:259-64. 2010..to evaluate jacalin-bound fraction (JBF) and jacalin-unbound fraction (JUF) of the total saline extract from Taenia saginata metacestodes for human neurocysticercosis (NC) immunodiagnosis in cerebrospinal fluid...
- Investigation of an outbreak of Taenia saginata cysts (cysticercus bovis) in dairy cattle from two farmsA M J McFadden
Investigation and Diagnostic Centre, Wallaceville, Biosecurity New Zealand, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, P O Box 40742, Upper Hutt 5018, New Zealand
Vet Parasitol 176:177-84. 2011The paper describes the epidemiological investigation carried out on two dairy farms with cattle infected with Taenia saginata cysts...
- Use of a molecular approach for the definitive diagnosis of proliferative larval mesocestoidiasis in a catAbdul Jabbar
Faculty of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Werribee, Victoria 3030, Australia
Infect Genet Evol 12:1377-80. 2012..and Taenia saginata) from previously published studies and then subjected to phylogenetic analysis...
- A cross-sectional study of Taenia solium in a multiple taeniid-endemic region reveals competition may be protectiveJames V Conlan
School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Murdoch University, Murdoch, Western Australia, Australia
Am J Trop Med Hyg 87:281-91. 2012..Thirty-five human tapeworms were recovered during the survey and 33 (94.3%) and 2 (5.7%) were identified as Taenia saginata and T. solium, respectively. Maximum-likelihood adjusted prevalence of T. solium and T...
- [Study on hepatocyte apoptosis of domestic pigs experimentally infected with Taenia asiatica and Taenia saginata]Rong Mou
Department of Parasitology, Guiyang Medical College, Guiyang 550004, China
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 30:367-72. 2012To investigate apoptosis in liver tissue of the domestic pigs infected with eggs of Taenia asiatica and Taenia saginata.
- Genotypic relationships between Taenia saginata, Taenia asiatica and their hybridsKanako Yamane
Laboratory of Veterinary Parasitology, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi, Yamaguchi, Japan
Parasitology 140:1595-601. 2013Partial sequences of the DNA polymerase delta (pold) gene from Taenia saginata-like adult worms were sequenced...
- Routine histopathologic examination of appendectomy specimens: retrospective analysis of 1255 patientsArif Emre
1 Department of Surgery, Malatya State Hospital, 44300 Malatya, Turkey
Int Surg 98:354-62. 2013..in 6, appendiceal endometriosis in 2, and 1 specimen each showed mucocele, eosinophilic infiltration, Taenia saginata parasite infection, and appendicular diverticulitis. All carcinoid tumors were located in the distal appendix...
- Taenia infestation in the appendix: a case reportAysegul Copur Cicek
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan University, Rize, Turkey
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 44:959-62. 2013b>Taenia saginata is a zoonotic cestode causing taeniasis. Taeniasis refers to the intestinal infection with the adult stage of this tapeworm. An association between teaniasis and acute appendicitis is uncommon...
- Rapid molecular identification of human taeniid cestodes by pyrosequencing approachTongjit Thanchomnang
Research and Diagnostic Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand Faculty of Medicine, Mahasarakham University, Mahasarakham, Thailand
PLoS ONE 9:e100611. 2014b>Taenia saginata, T. solium, and T. asiatica are causative agents of taeniasis in humans. The difficulty of morphological identification of human taeniids can lead to misdiagnosis or confusion...
- Prevalence of Taenia saginata Larvae (Cysticercus bovis) in Feedlot Cattle Slaughtered in a Federal Inspection Type Abattoir in Northwest MéxicoSergio Arturo Cueto González
Cuerpo Académico en Diagnóstico de Enfermedades, Instituto de Investigaciones en Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Autonoma de Baja California, Mexico
Foodborne Pathog Dis 12:462-5. 2015....
- Unusual clinical case: extraluminal manifestation of a tapeworm from the eviscerated midline incision in a post-surgery patientAhmet Cem Dural
Bakirkoy Dr Sadi Konuk Training and Research Hospital, Bakirkoy Istanbul, Turkey
J Infect Dev Ctries 9:428-30. 2015b>Taenia saginata infestation is one of the most common cestode infestations in humans, that may cause gastrointestinal tract related complications as a result of obstruction, perforation or anastomotic leakage...
- Spatiotemporal Expression Patterns and Antibody Reactivity of Taeniidae Endophilin B1Chun Seob Ahn
Department of Molecular Parasitology, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon, South Korea
J Clin Microbiol 54:2553-62. 2016..We isolated proteins homologous to endophilin B1 from T. solium, Taenia saginata, and Taenia asiatica The three Taeniidae endophilin B1 proteins shared 92.9 to 96.6% sequence identity...
- Comparative genomics reveals adaptive evolution of Asian tapeworm in switching to a new intermediate hostShuai Wang
State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Etiological Biology, Key Laboratory of Veterinary Parasitology of Gansu Province, Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Lanzhou, Gansu 730046, China
Nat Commun 7:12845. 2016b>Taenia saginata, Taenia solium and Taenia asiatica (beef, pork and Asian tapeworms, respectively) are parasitic flatworms of major public health and food safety importance. Among them, T...
- Usefulness of gel filtration fraction as potential biomarker for neurocysticercosis in serum: towards a new diagnostic toolD S Nunes
Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade Federal de Uberlandia, Av Para 1720, 38400 902, Uberlandia, MG, Brazil
Parasitology . 2016..after gel filtration chromatography [gel filtration fraction (GFF)] from the total saline extract (SE) from Taenia saginata metacestodes, followed by protein identification and application in immunodiagnostic...
- Regulatory Issues Associated with Preharvest Food Safety: European Union PerspectiveLis Alban
Danish Agriculture and Food Council, DK 1609 Copenhagen V, Denmark
Microbiol Spectr 4:. 2016..Moreover, Cysticercus bovis/Taenia saginata, Toxoplasma, Yersinia, verotoxigenic/shigatoxigenic Escherichia coli, Listeria, and foodborne viruses are ..
- [Parasitological risks--from animal husbandry to food and humans]T Schnieder
Institut für Parasitologie, Zentrum für Infektionsmedizin, Tierarztliche Hochschule Hannover
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 110:326-8. 2003..Tapeworm infections with Taenia saginata are more frequent than reported in the official statistics...
- Identification of Echinococcus granulosus eggsMarta Cabrera
Departamento de Parasitologi a Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Infecciosas Dr Carlos G Malbrán, Av Velez Sarsfield 563 1281, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 44:29-34. 2002..The fragment is not present in the DNA from Echinococcus multilocularis, Taenia hydatigena, Taenia saginata, Diphyll-obothrium latum, and Hymenolepis nana...
- Taenia saginata derived synthetic peptides with potential for the diagnosis of bovine cysticercosisE Ferrer
Institute for Animal Health, Pirbright Laboratory, Ash Road, Pirbright, Woking, Surrey GU24 ONF, UK
Vet Parasitol 111:83-94. 2003..The antigenicity of six peptides derived from four potentially protective molecules cloned from a Taenia saginata oncospheres cDNA library have been evaluated as targets for the specific diagnosis of bovine cysticercosis...
- [Identification of Taenia saginata by mtCO I in four areas of Yunnan and Guizhou provinces]Zheng Rong Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Guiyang Medical College, Guiyang 550004
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 21:20-3. 2003To identify the types of Taenia saginata isolated from Dali of Yunnan Province, and from Duyun and Congjiang of Guizhou Province.
- [Epidemiological investigation of Taenia saginata asiatica in Duyun, Guizhou and detection of amino acids and elements of adult worms]Yan Chen
Department of Parasitology, Guiyang Medical College, Guiyang 550004
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 21:311-3. 2003..To study epidemiological factors of taeniasis and to detect amino acid and element components of adult worms in Duyun of Guizhou Province...
- Wrapping the alpha-crystallin domain fold in a chaperone assemblyRobin Stamler
Department of Crystallography, Birkbeck College, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX, UK
J Mol Biol 353:68-79. 2005..Here, the 2.5A resolution structure of an sHsp from the parasitic flatworm Taenia saginata Tsp36, the first metazoan crystal structure, shows a new mode of dimerization involving N-terminal regions, ..
- Detection of human taeniases in Tibetan endemic areas, ChinaTiaoying Li
Institute of Parasitic Diseases, Sichuan Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan, China
Parasitology 140:1602-7. 2013..expulsion within the previous one year showed an overall positive detection rate of more than 80% for Taenia saginata, T. solium and T. asiatica. The positive detection rate was similar for T. saginata and T. solium...
- [Cestode infections in Poland in 1999]W Płonka
Zakład Parazytologii Lekarskiej Państwowego Zakładu Higieny Ul Chocimska 24, 00 791 Warszawa
Przegl Epidemiol 55:159-63. 2001In 1999, 437 intestinal cestode cases were registered in Poland. Among them 369 were caused by Taenia saginata, 7 by T. solium, 35 by Taenia sp...
- Visual diagnosis of Taenia saginata cysticercosis during meat inspection: is it unequivocal?S Abuseir
Centre for Food Science, Institute for Food Quality and Safety, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bischofsholer Damm 15, 30173, Hannover, Germany
Parasitol Res 99:405-9. 2006..The first, HDP1, was able to detect 200 fg of Taenia saginata DNA and 100 pg of C. bovis DNA. The other primer set, HDP2, was able to detect 1 pg of T...
- Differentiating Taenia eggs found in human stools: does Ziehl-Neelsen staining help?Juan A Jimenez
Department of Microbiology, School of Sciences, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
Trop Med Int Health 15:1077-81. 2010To determine whether Ziehl-Neelsen staining can differentiate Taenia solium from Taenia saginata eggs.
- Parasitic infection of the digestive tract in children in a regional hospital center in Gharb (Kenitra, Morroco): some epidemiological featuresY El Guamri
Faculty of Science, University Ibn Tofail, BP 133, 14000 Kenitra, Morocco
East Afr J Public Health 8:250-7. 2011..9%), Trichuris trichiura (10.2%), Hymenolepis nana (3.8%) and Taenia saginata (2.5%)...
- Taenia saginata a rare cause of acute cholangitis: a case reportO Uygur-Bayramicli
Department of Gastroenterology Maltepe Universit School of Medicine, Istanbul
Acta Clin Belg 67:436-7. 2012Parasitic infestations of the galdbladder and biliary tract are quite rare. Taenia saginata is an intestinal helmint and patients harbouring adult T.saginata tapeworms are mostly asymptomatic and discharge only fecal proglottids...
- Taenia saginata metacestode antigenic fractions obtained by ion-exchange chromatography: potential source of immunodominant markers applicable in the immunodiagnosis of human neurocysticercosisDaniela da Silva Nunes
Laboratório de Diagnóstico de Parasitoses, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade Federal de Uberlandia, 38400 902, Uberlandia, MG, Brazil
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 76:36-41. 2013..study was to fractionate and partially characterize fractions obtained from the total saline extract (SE) of Taenia saginata metacestodes after ion-exchange procedure in carboxymethyl sepharose (CM) and diethylaminoethyl sepharose (..
- A study of prevalence of Taenia infestation and associated risk factors among the school children of DharanR B Sah
School of Public Health and Community Medicine, B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 10:14-7. 2012Taenia prevalence has remained high among certain ethnic groups and occupational diseases in Nepal. Taenia saginata and Taenia solium species are worldwide in distribution...
- State of the art of Taenia solium as compared to Taenia asiaticaAna Flisser
Departamento de Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico 04510 DF, Mexico
Korean J Parasitol 51:43-9. 2013Three species of tapeworms infect humans in their adult stage (Taenia solium, Taenia saginata and Taenia asiatica)...
- Multi-test analysis and model-based estimation of the prevalence of Taenia saginata cysticercus infection in naturally infected dairy cows in the absence of a 'gold standard' reference testR M Eichenberger
Institute of Parasitology, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 266a, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Parasitol 43:853-9. 2013..ELISAs) and of the obligatory European Union-approved routine visual meat inspection for the detection of Taenia saginata cysticercosis were investigated...
- Characterization of microRNAs in Taenia saginata of zoonotic significance by Solexa deep sequencing and bioinformatics analysisL Ai
National Institute of Parasitic Diseases, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Laboratory of Parasite and Vector Biology, Ministry of Health, WHO Collaborating Center for Malaria, Schistosomiasis and Filariasis, Shanghai, 200025, Peoples Republic of China
Parasitol Res 110:2373-8. 2012The beef tapeworm Taenia saginata infects human beings with symptoms ranging from nausea, abdominal discomfort to digestive disturbances and intestinal blockage. In the present study, microRNA (miRNA) expressing profile in adult T...
- Taenia saginata: failure treatment in a child with 5-year long-lasting infectionAdrián Márquez-Navarro
Department of Parasitology, National School of Biological Sciences IPN, Mexico, DF
Gastroenterol Nurs 35:125-7. 2012..In addition, improvements in the habits among individuals must be addressed to avoid the increased risk of infection...
- A loop-mediated isothermal amplification method for a differential identification of Taenia tapeworms from human: application to a field surveyAgathe Nkouawa
Department of Parasitology, Asahikawa Medical University, Midorigaoka Higashi 2 1 1 1, Asahikawa, 078 8510, Hokkaido, Japan
Parasitol Int 61:723-5. 2012..recovered from 35 carriers, 9, 1, and 41 samples were identified as Taenia solium, Taenia asiatica and Taenia saginata, respectively. Same results were obtained afterwards in the laboratory, except one sample...
- [The distribution of intestinal parasites in people admitted to the Yüzüncü Yıl University Parasitology Laboratory of Health Research and Training Hospital, in 2009]Hasan Yilmaz
Yuzuncu Yil Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Parazitoloji Anabilim Dali, Van, Turkiye
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 36:105-8. 2012..This study was performed to present the distribution of intestinal parasites in parients admitted to the Parasitology Laboratory of the Health Research and Training Hospital of Yüzüncü Yıl University in 2009...
- Treatment of human taeniasis in the Philippines: a reviewA C Cruz
Department of Parasitology, College of Public Health, University of the Philippines, Manila
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 22:271-4. 1991..62% for mebendazole are reported. Aside from these studies, recent experience in the treatment of Taenia saginata infections at the Department of Parasitology, College of Public Health, is also reported...
- Identification of antigens for use in immunodiagnosis of Taenia saginata cysticercosisE I Kamanga Sollo
Department of Public Health, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Nairobi, Kenya
Res Vet Sci 50:162-9. 1991Fifteen metacestode antigens from Taenia saginata were defined by Laurell crossed immunoelectrophoresis and investigated for their potential use in immunodiagnosis of bovine cysticercosis...
- Effectiveness of praziquantel against Taenia saginata infections in EthiopiaT M Tesfa Yohannes
Faculty of Medicine, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 84:581-5. 1990Twenty-six individuals infected with Taenia saginata, 18 males and eight females ranging in age from 19-46 years, were treated successfully by a single oral dose of praziquantel at 10 mg kg-1 body weight...
- Ecological effect of Taenia saginata in beef imported from a high prevalence area into NorwayE Skjerve
Department of Pharmacology, Microbiology, and Food Hygiene, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo
J Food Prot 62:1320-5. 1999..model was used to assess the long-term effect of importing beef from an area with a high prevalence of Taenia saginata among cattle. The input of the model was from a Monte Carlo simulation model...
- Sero-epidemiological study of Taenia saginata cysticercosis in Belgian cattleP Dorny
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Prince Leopold Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium
Vet Parasitol 88:43-9. 2000A sero-epidemiological survey of Taenia saginata cysticercosis was carried out to determine the prevalence of the infection in cattle presented for slaughter in Belgium...
- Rodent model for long-term maintenance and development of the viable cysticerci of Taenia saginata asiaticaI C Wang
Institute and Department of Parasitology, National Yangming University, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Korean J Parasitol 38:237-44. 2000Although oncospheres of Taenia saginata asiatica can develop into cysticerci in immunodeficiency, immunosuppressed, and normal mice, no detailed information on the development features of these cysticerci from SCID mice is available...
- Evaluation of taeniasis prevalence in the area supervised by the Provincial Sanitary-Epidemiological Unit in Szczecin between 1994 and 1998E Król-Pakulska
Department of Emergency and Disaster Medicine, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Med Sci Monit 6:746-50. 2000..The aim of the study was to investigate the prevalence of taeniasis in population supervised by the Provincial Sanitary-Epidemiological Unit in Szczecin between 1994 and 1998...
- Evaluation of an antigen from Taenia crassiceps cysticercus for the serodiagnosis of neurocysticercosisRegina H S Peralta
Departamento de Patologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
Acta Trop 83:159-68. 2002..samples from the control group were negative in ELISA-gp14Tcra and only one serum from an individual with Taenia saginata was reactive in this assay, showing a specificity of 99% for ELISA-gp14Tcra...
- PET AND THE BLOOD BRAIN BARRIER IN HUMAN EPILEPSYEAIN CORNFORD; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Blood-brain barrier gene delivery in knock-out mice.EAIN CORNFORD; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Test agent and method for imago infection of Taenia solium and Taenia saginataPatent Number: JP2005265510-A; Date:2005-09-29
- Test agent and method for imago infection of Taenia solium and Taenia saginataPatent Number: WO2005090989-A; Date:2005-09-29