Genomes and Genes
Alias: Chlamydomonas reinhardtii strain CC-1373, Chlamydomonas reihhardtii, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii P.A.Dangeard, Chlamydomonas smithii, Chlamydomonas smithii R.W.Howshaw & H.Ettl
Publications295 found, 100 shown here
- Mitochondrial DNA of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii: the structure of the ends of the linear 15.8-kb genome suggests mechanisms for DNA replicationC Vahrenholz
Botanisches Institut der Universität Düsseldorf, Germany
Curr Genet 24:241-7. 1993The mitochondrial genome of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is a linear double-stranded DNA of 15.8 kb. With the exception of the termini its DNA sequence has been published...
- Early sexual origins of homeoprotein heterodimerization and evolution of the plant KNOX/BELL familyJae Hyeok Lee
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Cell 133:829-40. 2008..We propose that combinatorial homeoprotein-based transcriptional control, a core feature of the fungal/animal radiation, may have originated in a sexual context and enabled the evolution of land-plant body plans...
- A type II NAD(P)H dehydrogenase mediates light-independent plastoquinone reduction in the chloroplast of ChlamydomonasFrédéric Jans
Laboratorie of Plant Biochemistry and Photobiology, Department of Life Sciences, Institute of Plant Biology, B22, University of Liege, 27 Boulevard du Rectorat, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:20546-51. 2008..approach that the NDA2 gene, belonging to a type II NAD(P)H dehydrogenases family in the green microalga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, encodes a chloroplastic dehydrogenase that functions to reduce PQ nonphotochemically in this alga...
- Knockdown of limiting-CO2-induced gene HLA3 decreases HCO3- transport and photosynthetic Ci affinity in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiDeqiang Duanmu
Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:5990-5. 2009The CO(2)-concentrating mechanism (CCM) of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii and other microalgal species is essential for photosynthetic growth in most natural settings...
- Uridylation of mature miRNAs and siRNAs by the MUT68 nucleotidyltransferase promotes their degradation in ChlamydomonasFadia Ibrahim
School of Biological Sciences, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68588, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:3906-11. 2010..Here we show that deletion of MUT68, encoding a terminal nucleotidyltransferase in the alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, results in elevated miRNA and siRNA levels...
- A pyruvate formate lyase-deficient Chlamydomonas reinhardtii strain provides evidence for a link between fermentation and hydrogen production in green algaeGabriele Philipps
Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Fakultät für Biologie und Biotechnologie, Lehrstuhl für Biochemie der Pflanzen, AG Photobiotechnologie, 44780 Bochum, Germany
Plant J 66:330-40. 2011The green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii has a complex anaerobic metabolism characterized by a plastidic hydrogenase (HYD1) coupled to photosynthesis and a bacterial-type fermentation system in which pyruvate formate lyase (PFL1) is the ..
- Altered fermentative metabolism in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii mutants lacking pyruvate formate lyase and both pyruvate formate lyase and alcohol dehydrogenaseClaudia Catalanotti
Department of Plant Biology, Carnegie Institution for Science, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Plant Cell 24:692-707. 2012b>Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, a unicellular green alga, often experiences hypoxic/anoxic soil conditions that activate fermentation metabolism...
- Monomethyl histone H3 lysine 4 as an epigenetic mark for silenced euchromatin in ChlamydomonasKarin van Dijk
Department of Plant Pathology and Plant Science Initiative, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska 68588 0666, USA
Plant Cell 17:2439-53. 2005..This dualistic nature of the H3K4 methyl mark has thus far remained unresolved. In the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, Mut11p, related to a subunit of trithorax-like methyltransferase complexes, is required for ..
- Heat shock factor 1 is a key regulator of the stress response in ChlamydomonasMiriam Schulz-Raffelt
Institute of Biology II, University of Freiburg, Schänzlestr 1, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Plant J 52:286-95. 2007..of heat shock factor 1 (HSF1), encoded by one of two HSF genes identified in the genome of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Chlamydomonas HSF1 shares features characteristic of class A HSFs of higher plants...
- The Uni2 phosphoprotein is a cell cycle regulated component of the basal body maturation pathway in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiBrian P Piasecki
Department of Plant Biology, The University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:262-73. 2008Mutations in the UNI2 locus in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii result in a "uniflagellar" phenotype in which flagellar assembly occurs preferentially from the older basal body and ultrastructural defects reside in the transition zones...
- Function and dynamics of PKD2 in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii flagellaKaiyao Huang
Department of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Cell Biol 179:501-14. 2007..disease 2 (PKD2) and its relationship to intraflagellar transport (IFT), we cloned the gene encoding Chlamydomonas reinhardtii PKD2 (CrPKD2), a protein with the characteristics of PKD2 family members...
- Significance of zinc in a regulatory protein, CCM1, which regulates the carbon-concentrating mechanism in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiTsutomu Kohinata
Division of Integrated Life Science, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 49:273-83. 2008..In a unicellular green alga, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, a regulatory factor CCM1 is indispensable for the regulation of the CCM by sensing CO(2) availability...
- The MUT9p kinase phosphorylates histone H3 threonine 3 and is necessary for heritable epigenetic silencing in ChlamydomonasJ Armando Casas-Mollano
School of Biological Sciences and Plant Science Initiative and Department of Chemistry, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68588 0666, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:6486-91. 2008..We report here that a Chlamydomonas reinhardtii mutant defective in a Ser/Thr protein kinase (MUT9p), which phosphorylates histones H3 and H2A, shows ..
- Channelrhodopsin-1 initiates phototaxis and photophobic responses in chlamydomonas by immediate light-induced depolarizationPeter Berthold
Institute for Biology, Experimental Biophysics, Humboldt Universitat, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Plant Cell 20:1665-77. 2008Channelrhodopsins (CHR1 and CHR2) are light-gated ion channels acting as sensory photoreceptors in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. In neuroscience, they are used to trigger action potentials by light in neuronal cells, tissues, or living ..
- Molecular identification and function of cis- and trans-acting determinants for petA transcript stability in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii chloroplastsChristelle Loiselay
UMR 7141 CNRS UPMC, Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique, 13 rue Pierre et Marie Curie, F 75005 Paris, France
Mol Cell Biol 28:5529-42. 2008..In the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, expression of the chloroplast petA gene, which codes for cytochrome f, depends on two specific nucleus-..
- C2 domain protein MIN1 promotes eyespot organization in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiTelsa M Mittelmeier
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, University of Arizona, Life Sciences South no 454, 1007 E Lowell Street, Tucson, AZ 85721 0106, USA
Eukaryot Cell 7:2100-12. 2008..and asymmetric localization of the photosensory eyespot in the biflagellate, unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii requires coordinated organization of photoreceptors in the plasma membrane and pigment granule/thylakoid ..
- Photocurrent attenuation by a single polar-to-nonpolar point mutation of channelrhodopsin-2Yuka Sugiyama
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, 980 8575, Japan
Photochem Photobiol Sci 8:328-36. 2009..Our results suggest that the residue E97 is one of the molecular determinants involved in the ion flux regulation...
- IC138 defines a subdomain at the base of the I1 dynein that regulates microtubule sliding and flagellar motilityRaqual Bower
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:3055-63. 2009..The results reveal an essential role for the IC138 subcomplex in the regulation of I1 activity by the radial spoke/phosphorylation pathway...
- Conformational changes of channelrhodopsin-2Ionela Radu
Bielefeld University, Biophysical Chemistry, 33615 Bielefeld
J Am Chem Soc 131:7313-9. 2009..of the new class of light-gated ion channels which serve as phototaxis receptors in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. The protein is employed in optogenetics where neural circuits are optically stimulated under high ..
- Direct interactions of intraflagellar transport complex B proteins IFT88, IFT52, and IFT46Ben F Lucker
Department of Microbiology, Center for Reproductive Biology, University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho 83844, USA
J Biol Chem 285:21508-18. 2010Intraflagellar transport (IFT) particles of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii contain two distinct protein complexes, A and B, composed of at least 6 and 15 protein subunits, respectively. As isolated from C...
- Light and low-CO2-dependent LCIB-LCIC complex localization in the chloroplast supports the carbon-concentrating mechanism in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiTakashi Yamano
Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 51:1453-68. 2010..under CO2-limiting conditions in aquatic photosynthetic organisms, including the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. The CCM is assumed to be comprised of inorganic carbon transport systems that, in conjunction with ..
- RNA silencing of hydrogenase(-like) genes and investigation of their physiological roles in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiJames E Godman
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK
Biochem J 431:345-51. 2010The genome of the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii encodes two [FeFe]-hydrogenases, HydA1 and HydA2, and the hydrogenase-like protein HYD3...
- Dual functions of the nucleus-encoded factor TDA1 in trapping and translation activation of atpA transcripts in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii chloroplastsStephan Eberhard
Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR 7141, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS and Université Pierre et Marie Curie UPMC Paris 06, Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique, 13 rue Pierre et Marie Curie, F 75005 Paris, France
Plant J 67:1055-66. 2011..required for translation of the chloroplast atpA transcript that encodes subunit α of ATP synthase in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. The sequence of TDA1 contains eight copies of a degenerate 38-residue motif, that we named octotrico ..
- Transcription factor-dependent chromatin remodeling at heat shock and copper-responsive promoters in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiDaniela Strenkert
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, D 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Plant Cell 23:2285-301. 2011..of the heat shock and copper starvation responses, respectively, in the unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Generally, we detected lower nucleosome occupancy, higher levels of histone H3/4 acetylation, and lower ..
- Plastid terminal oxidase 2 (PTOX2) is the major oxidase involved in chlororespiration in ChlamydomonasLaura Houille-Vernes
Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Unité Mixte de Recherche 7141, 75005 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:20820-5. 2011..This model suggests that, in green algae and plants, the redox poise results from the balanced accumulation of PTOX and NADPH dehydrogenase...
- A mutant in the ADH1 gene of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii elicits metabolic restructuring during anaerobiosisLeonardo Magneschi
Department of Plant Biology, Carnegie Institution for Science, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Plant Physiol 158:1293-305. 2012The green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii has numerous genes encoding enzymes that function in fermentative pathways...
- Evidence for a role of VIPP1 in the structural organization of the photosynthetic apparatus in ChlamydomonasAndré Nordhues
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, D 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Plant Cell 24:637-59. 2012..As this functional assignment is under debate, we investigated the function of VIPP1 in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Using immunofluorescence, we localized VIPP1 to distinct spots within the chloroplast...
- Association of Lis1 with outer arm dynein is modulated in response to alterations in flagellar motilityPanteleimon Rompolas
Department of Molecular, Microbial and Structural Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030 3305, USA
Mol Biol Cell 23:3554-65. 2012..These data reveal that the cell actively monitors motility and dynamically modulates flagellar levels of the dynein regulatory factor Lis1 in response to imposed alterations in beat parameters...
- Regulated membrane protein entry into flagella is facilitated by cytoplasmic microtubules and does not require IFTOlivier Belzile
Department of Cell Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9039, USA
Curr Biol 23:1460-5. 2013..Thus, integral membrane proteins can negotiate passage through the ciliary diffusion barrier without the need for a motor. ..
- Amplification and characterization of an inverted repeat from the Chlamydomonas reinhardtii mitochondrial genomeD P Ma
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mississippi State University
Gene 119:253-7. 1992..oligos) were synthesized and used in the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to amplify the termini of the Chlamydomonas reinhardtii mitochondrial (mt) genome. A 0...
- The URF 5 gene of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii mitochondria: DNA sequence and mode of transcriptionP H Boer
EMBO J 5:21-8. 1986..mitochondrial genome has been identified in the mitochondrial DNA of the unicellular green alga, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. The algal URF 5 gene is closely flanked by the gene for subunit I of cytochrome oxidase (COI) and by an ..
- SET3p monomethylates histone H3 on lysine 9 and is required for the silencing of tandemly repeated transgenes in ChlamydomonasJ Armando Casas-Mollano
School of Biological Sciences and Plant Science Initiative, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68588 0666, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 35:939-50. 2007..Interestingly, a SU(VAR)3-9 homolog in the unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, SET3p, functions in vitro as a specific H3K9 monomethyltransferase...
- Building a radial spoke: flagellar radial spoke protein 3 (RSP3) is a dimerMaureen Wirschell
Department of Cell Biology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 65:238-48. 2008....
- Partially functional outer-arm dynein in a novel Chlamydomonas mutant expressing a truncated gamma heavy chainZhongmei Liu
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Eukaryot Cell 7:1136-45. 2008..The availability of mutants lacking individual heavy chains should greatly facilitate studies on the structure and function of the outer-arm dynein...
- Both subunits of the circadian RNA-binding protein CHLAMY1 can integrate temperature informationOlga Voytsekh
Institut für Allgemeine Botanik und Pflanzenphysiologie, Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena, 07743 Jena, Germany
Plant Physiol 147:2179-93. 2008The circadian RNA-binding protein CHLAMY1 from the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii consists of two subunits named C1 and C3...
- Function and regulation of the glutathione peroxidase homologous gene GPXH/GPX5 in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiBeat B Fischer
Department of Environmental Toxicology, Eawag, Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, Ueberlandstrasse 133, 8600 Duebendorf, Switzerland
Plant Mol Biol 71:569-83. 2009..In Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, the glutathione peroxidase homologous gene GPXH/GPX5 was shown to be specifically upregulated by ..
- Identification and functional role of the carbonic anhydrase Cah3 in thylakoid membranes of pyrenoid of Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiMaria A Sinetova
Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia
Biochim Biophys Acta 1817:1248-55. 2012..associated with thylakoid membranes in the chloroplast and pyrenoid was studied in wild-type cells of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii and in its cia3 mutant deficient in the activity of the Cah3 protein...
- Katanin localization requires triplet microtubules in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiJessica M Esparza
Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e53940. 2013..We suggest that the triplet microtubules are likely to play a key role in katanin p80 recruitment to the basal body of Chlamydomonas rather than the transition fibers that are needed for IFT localization...
- Genes encoding a subunit of respiratory NADH dehydrogenase (ND1) and a reverse transcriptase-like protein (RTL) are linked to ribosomal RNA gene pieces in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii mitochondrial DNAP H Boer
Department of Biochemistry, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
EMBO J 7:3501-8. 1988..8-kb mitochondrial genome of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, a unicellular green alga...
- Accumulation and processing of a recombinant protein designed as a cleavable fusion to the endogenous Rubisco LSU protein in Chlamydomonas chloroplastMachiko Muto
The Department of Cell Biology and The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 N Pines Rd La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
BMC Biotechnol 9:26. 2009..A number of proteins have been expressed in the chloroplast of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, including complex mammalian proteins, but many of these proteins accumulate to significantly lower ..
- Isolation and characterisation of chemotactic mutants of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii obtained by insertional mutagenesisE V Ermilova
Laboratory of Microbiology, Biological Research Institute of St Petersburg University, Russia
Protist 151:127-37. 2000The swimming behaviour of the green flagellated protist Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is influenced by several different external stimuli including light and chemical attractants...
- Genome-based approaches to understanding phosphorus deprivation responses and PSR1 control in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiJeffrey L Moseley
Carnegie Institution, Department of Plant Biology, 260 Panama Street, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Eukaryot Cell 5:26-44. 2006The Chlamydomonas reinhardtii transcription factor PSR1 is required for the control of activities involved in scavenging phosphate from the environment during periods of phosphorus limitation...
- An Rh1-GFP fusion protein is in the cytoplasmic membrane of a white mutant strain of Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiCorinne Yoshihara
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
Mol Plant 1:1007-20. 2008The major Rhesus (Rh) protein of the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, Rh1, is homologous to Rh proteins of humans. It is an integral membrane protein involved in transport of carbon dioxide...
- Effect of the P700 pre-oxidation and point mutations near A(0) on the reversibility of the primary charge separation in Photosystem I from Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiWojciech Giera
Department of Physics, Adam Mickiewicz University, ul Umultowska 85, 61 614 Poznan, Poland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1797:106-12. 2010..For these purposes, we performed experiments using Photosystem I core samples isolated from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii wild type, and two mutants in which the methionine axial ligand to primary electron acceptor, A(0), has ..
- Differential effects of copper and cadmium exposure on toxicity endpoints and gene expression in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiTasha L Stoiber
Environmental Chemistry and Technology Program, University of Wisconsin Madison, 660 North Park Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 29:191-200. 2010..experiments incorporating both traditional endpoints and novel thiol-based endpoints were conducted with Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. The results were compared with results from previous bioassay experiments to probe the apparent ..
- The chloroplast protein translocation complexes of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii: a bioinformatic comparison of Toc and Tic components in plants, green algae and red algaeMing Kalanon
Plant Cell Biology Research Centre, School of Botany, University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3010 Victoria, Australia
Genetics 179:95-112. 2008The recently completed genome of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii was surveyed for components of the chloroplast protein translocation complexes...
- Stt7-dependent phosphorylation during state transitions in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiSylvain Lemeille
Department of Molecular Biology and Plant Biology, University of Geneva, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Mol Cell Proteomics 9:1281-95. 2010..Moreover, we also identified phosphorylation sites that are redox (state 2)-dependent but independent of Stt7 and additional phosphorylation sites that are redox-independent...
- A new chloroplast envelope carbonic anhydrase activity is induced during acclimation to low inorganic carbon concentrations in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiA Villarejo
Fachbereich Biologie, Universitat Kaiserslautern, Germany
Planta 213:286-95. 2001..2.1.1) in chloroplast envelope membranes isolated from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii cw-15...
- Atomic resolution modeling of the ferredoxin:[FeFe] hydrogenase complex from Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiChristopher H Chang
National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colorado, USA
Biophys J 93:3034-45. 2007The [FeFe] hydrogenases HydA1 and HydA2 in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii catalyze the final reaction in a remarkable metabolic pathway allowing this photosynthetic organism to produce H(2) from water in the chloroplast...
- Isolation and characterization of photoautotrophic mutants of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii deficient in state transitionM M Fleischmann
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Geneva, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 274:30987-94. 1999..Here we describe the isolation of photoautotrophic mutants of the unicellular alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, which are deficient in state transition...
- Towards functional proteomics of membrane protein complexes: analysis of thylakoid membranes from Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiM Hippler
Lehrstuhl für Biochemie der Pflanzen, Institut fur Biologie II, Universitat Freiburg, Schänzlestr 1, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Plant J 28:595-606. 2001..an approach to analyse photosynthetic thylakoid membranes isolated from wild-type and mutant strains of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Thylakoid membrane proteins were separated by high-resolution two-dimensional gel electrophoresis (2-DE)..
- A mutation in the GTPase domain of the large subunit rRNA is involved in the suppression of a -1T frameshift mutation affecting a mitochondrial gene in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiR F Matagne
Department of Plant Biology, University of Liege, Sart Tilman, Belgium
Mol Genet Genomics 266:103-8. 2001The dum19 mutation isolated in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is due to the deletion of one T at codon 152 of the mitochondrial cox1 gene sequence...
- Gametogenesis in the Chlamydomonas reinhardtii minus mating type is controlled by two genes, MID and MTD1Huawen Lin
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Genetics 176:913-25. 2007In the unicellular algae Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, the plus and minus mating types are controlled by a complex locus, MT, where the dominant MID gene in the MT(-) locus has been shown to be necessary for expression of minus-specific ..
- Chloroplast-encoded polypeptide PsbT is involved in the repair of primary electron acceptor QA of photosystem II during photoinhibition in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiNorikazu Ohnishi
The Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, 3 1 1 Tsushima naka, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:7107-15. 2007..Here we addressed that role in detail in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii wild type and DeltapsbT cells by analyzing the activities of PSII, the assembly of PSII proteins, and ..
- Plastoquinol as a singlet oxygen scavenger in photosystem IIJerzy Kruk
Department of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Faculty of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Biotechnology, Jagiellonian University, Gronostajowa 7, 30 387 Krakow, Poland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1777:154-62. 2008It has been found that in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii cells, under high-light stress, the level of reduced plastoquinone considerably increases while in the presence of pyrazolate, an inhibitor of plastoquinone and tocopherol biosynthesis, ..
- Genetic and biochemical analysis of the TLA1 gene in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiMautusi Mitra
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, 111 Koshland Hall MC 3102, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
Planta 231:729-40. 2010The Chlamydomonas reinhardtii genomic DNA database contains a predicted open reading frame (ORF-P) without an apparent stop-codon and unknown coding sequence, located in close proximity and immediately upstream of the TLA1 gene (GenBank ..
- Hydrogen bonding to P700: site-directed mutagenesis of threonine A739 of photosystem I in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiHeike Witt
Max Volmer Laboratorium für Biophysikalische Chemie, Technische Universitat Berlin, Strasse des 17 Juni 135, 10623 Berlin, Germany
Biochemistry 41:8557-69. 2002..hydrogen bond to the 13(1)-keto group of P(A), was replaced with valine, histidine, and tyrosine in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii using site-directed mutagenesis. Growth of the mutants was not impaired...
- Ultrafast transient absorption studies on photosystem I reaction centers from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. 2: mutations near the P700 reaction center chlorophylls provide new insight into the nature of the primary electron donorAlfred R Holzwarth
Max Planck Institut fur Bioanorganische Chemie, D 45470 Mulheim an der Ruhr, Germany
Biophys J 90:552-65. 2006The energy transfer and charge separation kinetics in several core Photosystem I particles of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii with point mutations around the PA and PB reaction center chlorophylls (Chls) have been studied using ultrafast ..
- Between a rock and a hard place: trace element nutrition in ChlamydomonasSabeeha S Merchant
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Box 951569, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1569, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1763:578-94. 2006..b>Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is a photosynthetic eukaryotic model organism for the study of trace metal homeostasis...
- Blue-light induced interaction of LOV domains from Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiRoger J Kutta
Institut fur Physikalische und Theoretische Chemie, Universitat Regensburg, Universitatsstrasse 31, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Chembiochem 9:1931-8. 2008The phototropin from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is a 120 kDa blue light receptor that plays a key role in gametogenesis of this green alga...
- Interplay between light intensity, chlorophyll concentration and culture mixing on the hydrogen production in sulfur-deprived Chlamydomonas reinhardtii cultures grown in laboratory photobioreactorsLuca Giannelli
DICASM, Faculty of Engineering, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Biotechnol Bioeng 104:76-90. 2009..intensity and chlorophyll concentration on hydrogen production were investigated in a sulfur-deprived Chlamydomonas reinhardtii culture in a laboratory scale photobioreactor (PBR) equipped with two different stirring devices...
- The chloroplast ATP synthase in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. II. Biochemical studies on its biogenesis using mutants defective in photophosphorylationC Lemaire
Service de Photosynthese, Institut de Biologie Physico Chimique, Paris, France
J Biol Chem 264:10235-42. 1989..subunits of the ATP synthase (alpha, beta, epsilon, I, III, and IV) in several mutants of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii defective in photophosphorylation...
- Quantitative shotgun proteomics using a uniform ¹⁵N-labeled standard to monitor proteome dynamics in time course experiments reveals new insights into the heat stress response of Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiTimo Mühlhaus
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, D 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Mol Cell Proteomics 10:M110.004739. 2011..this approach to monitor proteome dynamics in a heat stress time course using the unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii as model system...
- In vivo changes of the oxidation-reduction state of NADP and of the ATP/ADP cellular ratio linked to the photosynthetic activity in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiGiorgio Forti
Istituto di Biofisica del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Sezione di Milano, Dipartimento di Biologia dell Università di Milano, Via Celoria 26, Milano 20133, Italy
Plant Physiol 132:1464-74. 2003The ATP/ADP and NADP/NADPH ratios have been measured in whole-cell extract of the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, to understand their availability for CO(2) assimilation by the Calvin cycle in vivo...
- Nucleotide diversity in the mitochondrial and nuclear compartments of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii: investigating the origins of genome architectureDavid Roy Smith
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
BMC Evol Biol 8:156. 2008..We used the model organism Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, which has a streamlined, coding-dense mitochondrial genome and an noncompact, intron-rich nuclear ..
- Functional characterization of the Chlamydomonas reinhardtii ERG3 ortholog, a gene involved in the biosynthesis of ergosterolKristy M Brumfield
Department of Biology, Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e8659. 2010The predominant sterol in the membranes of the alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is ergosterol, which is commonly found in the membranes of fungi, but is rarely found in higher plants...
- Chloroplast-encoded chlB is required for light-independent protochlorophyllide reductase activity in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiJ Li
Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville 22903
Plant Cell 5:1817-29. 1993A chloroplast-encoded gene, designated chlB, has been isolated from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, its nucleotide sequence determined, and its role in the light-independent reduction of protochlorophyllide to chlorophyllide demonstrated by ..
- Chloroplast sulfate transport in green algae--genes, proteins and effectsAnastasios Melis
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
Photosynth Res 86:299-307. 2005..putative ABC-type chloroplast envelope-localized sulfate transporter in the model unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. From the four nuclear genes encoding this sulfate permease holocomplex, two are coding for chloroplast ..
- The phosphoproteome of a Chlamydomonas reinhardtii eyespot fraction includes key proteins of the light signaling pathwayVolker Wagner
Institut für Allgemeine Botanik und Pflanzenphysiologie, Friedrich Schiller Universitat Jena, 07743 Jena, Germany
Plant Physiol 146:772-88. 2008..recent proteomic approach, we identified 202 proteins from a fraction enriched in eyespot apparatuses of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Among these proteins, five protein kinases and two protein phosphatases were present, indicating that ..
- Flexibility in anaerobic metabolism as revealed in a mutant of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii lacking hydrogenase activityAlexandra Dubini
Environmental Science and Engineering Division, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado 80401, USA
J Biol Chem 284:7201-13. 2009The green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii has a network of fermentation pathways that become active when cells acclimate to anoxia...
- Scherffelia dubia centrin exhibits a specific mechanism for Ca(2+)-controlled target bindingLaura Radu
Institut Curie Centre de Recherche, Centre Universitaire Paris Sud, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Biochemistry 49:4383-94. 2010..features and binding properties of the green alga Scherffelia dubia centrin (SdCen), a member of the Chlamydomonas reinhardtii centrin (CrCen) subfamily...
- Phototropin involvement in the expression of genes encoding chlorophyll and carotenoid biosynthesis enzymes and LHC apoproteins in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiChung Soon Im
Department of Plant Biology, Carnegie Institution, Stanford, CA 94306, USA
Plant J 48:1-16. 2006..The work presented here tests whether PHOT is involved in expression of light-regulated genes in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. When C...
- Chlorophyll triplet states associated with Photosystem I and Photosystem II in thylakoids of the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiStefano Santabarbara
Centre for Fundamental Research in Photosynthesis, Hendon, 67 The Burroughs, London NW4 4AX, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1767:88-105. 2007..the triplet populations associated with Photosystem I and Photosystem II of thylakoids in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Three triplet populations are observed at fluorescence emissions characteristic of Photosystem II, and ..
- Dichromate effect on energy dissipation of photosystem II and photosystem I in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiFrancois Perreault
Department of Chemistry, University of Quebec in Montreal, C P 8888, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Photochem Photobiol B 96:24-9. 2009..the energy dissipation processes via photosystem II and photosystem I activity in green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii exposed to dichromate inhibitory effect...
- Hydrogen production by photoautotrophic sulfur-deprived Chlamydomonas reinhardtii pre-grown and incubated under high lightIrina V Tolstygina
Institute of Basic Biological Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region 142290, Russia
Biotechnol Bioeng 102:1055-61. 2009We have previously demonstrated that Chlamydomonas reinhardtii can produce hydrogen under strictly photoautotrophic conditions during sulfur deprivation [Tsygankov et al. (2006); Int J Hydrogen Energy 3:1574-1584]...
- The LPB1 gene is important for acclimation of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii to phosphorus and sulfur deprivationChiung Wen Chang
Department of Plant Biology, Carnegie Institution of Washington, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Plant Physiol 138:319-29. 2005..In this article, we describe the isolation and characterization of a mutant of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, low-phosphate bleaching (lpb1), which dies more rapidly than wild-type cells during phosphorus ..
- Excitation pressure regulates the activation energy for recombination events in the photosystem II reaction centres of Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiTessa Pocock
Department of Natural and Environmental Science, Mid Sweden University, Sundsvall, Sweden
Biochem Cell Biol 85:721-9. 2007..temperature on charge recombination events in photosystem II reaction centres of the model green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. We report that growth at increasing irradiance at either 29 or 15 degrees C resulted in comparable ..
- Unique features of nuclear mRNA poly(A) signals and alternative polyadenylation in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiYingjia Shen
Department of Botany, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
Genetics 179:167-76. 2008To understand nuclear mRNA polyadenylation mechanisms in the model alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, we generated a data set of 16,952 in silico-verified poly(A) sites from EST sequencing traces based on Chlamydomonas Genome Assembly v.3.1...
- Shewanella oneidensis: a new and efficient system for expression and maturation of heterologous [Fe-Fe] hydrogenase from Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiKateryna Sybirna
CEA, DSV, iBiTec S, SB2SM, LPB URA CNRS 2096, 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
BMC Biotechnol 8:73. 2008The eukaryotic green alga, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, produces H2 under anaerobic conditions, in a reaction catalysed by a [Fe-Fe] hydrogenase HydA1...
- Membrane lipid biosynthesis in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii: ethanolaminephosphotransferase is capable of synthesizing both phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylethanolamineWenyu Yang
Department of Biological Sciences, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge 70803, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 430:198-209. 2004Phosphatidylethanolamine, but not phosphatidylcholine, is found in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. A cDNA coding for diacylglycerol: CDP-ethanolamine ethanolaminephosphotransferase (EPT) was cloned from C. reinhardtii. The C...
- Mapping of the interaction site of CP12 with glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Functional consequences for glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenaseSandrine Lebreton
Institut Jacques Monod, CNRS Universités Paris VI et Paris VII, France
FEBS J 273:3358-69. 2006..for assembly of the phosphoribulokinase/glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) complex from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. After reduction of this complex with thioredoxin, phosphoribulokinase is released but CP12 remains ..
- A novel screening protocol for the isolation of hydrogen producing Chlamydomonas reinhardtii strainsThilo Rühle
Fakultät für Biologie und Biotechnologie, Lehrstuhl für Biochemie der Pflanzen, AG Photobiotechnologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, 44780 Bochum, Germany
BMC Plant Biol 8:107. 2008Sealed Chlamydomonas reinhardtii cultures evolve significant amounts of hydrogen gas under conditions of sulfur depletion...
- CP12 from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, a permanent specific "chaperone-like" protein of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenaseJenny Erales
Laboratoire d Enzymologie de Complexes Supramoléculaires, UPR 9036, Bioenergetique et Ingenierie des Proteines, Marseille Cedex 20, France
J Biol Chem 284:12735-44. 2009..reduced and oxidized CP12 can prevent the in vitro thermal inactivation and aggregation of GAPDH from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. This mechanism is thus not redox-dependent...
- Replacement of alpha-tocopherol by beta-tocopherol enhances resistance to photooxidative stress in a xanthophyll-deficient strain of Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiAnchalee Sirikhachornkit
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
Eukaryot Cell 8:1648-57. 2009..In a screen for suppressors of the xanthophyll-deficient npq1 lor1 double mutant of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, we isolated a vte3 mutant lacking alpha-tocopherol but instead accumulating beta-tocopherol...
- The CO2-concentrating mechanism in the physiological context: lowering the CO2 supply diminishes culture growth and economises starch utilisation in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiC Thyssen
Institut fur Botanik, Technische Universitat Darmstadt, Germany
Planta 213:629-39. 2001In a synchronously grown Chlamydomonas reinhardtii (Chlorophyceae) culture the CO2-concentrating mechanism (CCM) was induced by lowering the CO2 level from 4% to 0.036% CO2 (culture HL)...
- Differential regulation of the Fe-hydrogenase during anaerobic adaptation in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiThomas Happe
Botanisches Institut der Universitat Bonn, Germany
Eur J Biochem 269:1022-32. 2002b>Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, a unicellular green alga, contains a hydrogenase enzyme, which is induced by anaerobic adaptation of the cells...
- Species-specific differences of the spectroscopic properties of P700: analysis of the influence of non-conserved amino acid residues by site-directed mutagenesis of photosystem I from Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiHeike Witt
Max Volmer Laboratorium für Biophysikalische Chemie, Technische Universitat Berlin, Strasse des 17, Juni 135, 10623 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:46760-71. 2003..PCC 6803), algae (Chlamydomonas reinhardtii CC2696), and higher plants (Spinacia oleracea)...
- Analysis of glutathione endpoints for measuring copper stress in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiTasha L Stoiber
Environmental Chemistry and Technology Program, University of Wisconsin Madison, 660 North Park Street, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 26:1563-71. 2007..We compared sensitivity of glutathione ratios in the freshwater alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii to the traditional endpoints of cell growth rates and chlorophyll a following exposure to Cu for periods ..
- Strategies to facilitate transgene expression in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiAlke Eichler-Stahlberg
Center of Excellence for Fluorescent Bioanalysis, University of Regensburg, Josef Engert Str 9, 93053, Regensburg, Germany
Planta 229:873-83. 2009The unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii has been identified as a promising organism for the production of recombinant proteins...
- Induction of DNA strand breaks by genotoxicants in the alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiRhiannon M David
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Environ Toxicol Chem 28:1893-900. 2009..and cytochrome P450 1A baseline xenobiotic metabolism, respectively, in the unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. DNA strand breaks were quantified following exposure to the direct-acting genotoxic agents 4-..
- Functional analysis of Photosystem I light-harvesting complexes (Lhca) gene products of Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiMilena Mozzo
Department of Biophysical Chemistry, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1797:212-21. 2010The outer antenna system of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii Photosystem I is composed of nine gene products, but due to difficulty in purification their individual properties are not known...
- Effect of core-shell copper oxide nanoparticles on cell culture morphology and photosynthesis (photosystem II energy distribution) in the green alga, Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiCyril Saison
Department of Chemistry, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, 2101 Rue Jeanne Mance, Montreal, QC, Canada
Aquat Toxicol 96:109-14. 2010..Here, the toxic effect of core-shell copper oxide nanoparticles on the green alga, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii was investigated with regards to the change of algal cellular population structure, primary ..
- The plastocyanin-deficient phenotype of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii Ac-208 results from a frame-shift mutation in the nuclear gene encoding preapoplastocyaninJ Quinn
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, UCLA 90024 1569
J Biol Chem 268:7832-41. 1993Ac-208 is a plastocyanin-deficient mutant of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii that contains only 2-3% of the wild-type level of plastocyanin-encoding mRNA and no detectable plastocyanin...
- Induction of a high-CO2-inducible, periplasmic protein, H43, and its application as a high-CO2-responsive marker for study of the high-CO2-sensing mechanism in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiYutaka Hanawa
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, 305 8572 Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 48:299-309. 2007The unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii can acclimate to a broad range of environmental CO(2) concentrations...
- Inactivation of the STT7 gene protects PsaF-deficient Chlamydomonas reinhardtii cells from oxidative stress under high lightLindsay L Berry
Department of Biology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK S7V 1G2, Canada
Physiol Plant 141:188-96. 2011..A Chlamydomonas reinhardtii mutant, which is defective in the production of the PsaF subunit of PSI, provides an ideal platform for ..
- Molecular genetic analysis of plastocyanin biosynthesis in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiH H Li
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1569, USA
J Biol Chem 271:31283-9. 1996Five plastocyanin-deficient mutants were identified from a population of UV-mutagenized Chlamydomonas reinhardtii cells...
- A novel alpha-type carbonic anhydrase associated with the thylakoid membrane in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is required for growth at ambient CO2J Karlsson
Department of Plant Physiology, Umea University, S 901 87 Umea, Sweden
EMBO J 17:1208-16. 1998A 29.5 kDa intracellular alpha-type carbonic anhydrase, designated Cah3, from the unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is the first of this type discovered inside a photosynthetic eukaryote cell...
- Biochemical and physiological characterization of the pyruvate formate-lyase Pfl1 of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, a typically bacterial enzyme in a eukaryotic algaAnja Hemschemeier
Ruhr Universitat Bochum, LS Biochemie der Pflanzen, AG Photobiotechnologie, ND2 134, Universitatsstrasse 150, 44780 Bochum, Germany
Eukaryot Cell 7:518-26. 2008The unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii has a special type of anaerobic metabolism that is quite unusual for eukaryotes. It has two oxygen-sensitive [Fe-Fe] hydrogenases (EC 1.12.7...
- Enzymatic properties of the ferredoxin-dependent nitrite reductase from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Evidence for hydroxylamine as a late intermediate in ammonia productionMasakazu Hirasawa
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University, Lubbock, 79409 1061, USA
Photosynth Res 103:67-77. 2010The ferredoxin-dependent nitrite reductase from the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii has been cloned, expressed in Escherichia coli as a His-tagged recombinant protein, and purified to homogeneity...
- Targeted proteomics for Chlamydomonas reinhardtii combined with rapid subcellular protein fractionation, metabolomics and metabolic flux analysesStefanie Wienkoop
Dept of Molecular Systems Biology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Mol Biosyst 6:1018-31. 2010..and metabolomics data for systems level analysis in the recently sequenced unicellular green algae Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. To achieve a representative proteome coverage we analysed different growth conditions with protein ..
- Activation of a chloroplast type of fructose bisphosphatase from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii by light-mediated agentsH C Huppe
Division of Molecular Plant Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Z Naturforsch C 44:487-94. 1989..a central regulatory enzyme of photosynthetic carbon metabolism, has been partially purified from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Unlike its counterpart from spinach chloroplasts, the algal FBPase showed a strict requirement for a ..
- Sabeeha Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is a model organism for fundamental discovery in photosynthesis and ciliary biology...
- NUCLEAR ENCODED GENES REGULATE CHLOROPLAST TRANSLATIONAmybeth Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2002..region (UTR) of the chloroplast- encoded psbA mRNA have been identified in the unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Binding of these proteins to 5'-UTR is required for translation of the psbA mRNA and is regulated ..
- Dissecting the Regulation of Zinc-HomeostasisDavin Malasarn; Fiscal Year: 2010..The eukaryotic alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii provides a perfect model system to study the regulation of zinc homeostasis because it can survive under ..
- CRYSTEN ELIZABETH BLABY; Fiscal Year: 2014..The Merchant group has developed Chlamydomonas reinhardtii as a reference organism for studying Fe metabolism in the context of poor Fe nutrition...
- Development of an Algae-based Membrane Protein Expression SystemALEXANDER ARAVANIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..represent validation of a new expression system that uses the chloroplast of the eukaryotic green algae Chlamydomonas reinhardtii as a cost-effective platform for the production of these biologically and pharmaceutically important ..
- William J Snell; Fiscal Year: 2016..My laboratory uses the biflagellated, unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii as a model system to study fertilization...
- DNA REPAIR GENES IN CHLAMYDOMONASGary Small; Fiscal Year: 1992..level, the DNA repair pathways in the nucleus and the chloroplast of the unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Chlamydomonas offers an ideal combination of genetic and molecular approaches in achieving these ..
- William J Snell; Fiscal Year: 2016..My laboratory uses the biflagellated green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii as a model system to study cilium-generated signaling and ciliary/flagellar shortening...
- Regulation of Genes Encoding Flagellar Proteins in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiJASON MITCHELL BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2010..function are highly conserved among animals and many unicellular eukaryotes, including the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, the premier model organism for the study of ciliary and flagellar structure and function...
- MOLECULAR AND GENETIC ANALYSIS OF FLAGELLAR DYNEINSDavid R Mitchell; Fiscal Year: 2013..Here we use mutations in the model organism Chlamydomonas reinhardtii that affect pre-assembly and transport of an abundant complex in motile cilia, the multi-subunit ..
- Identifying Signaling Mechanisms Controlling Flagellar Length in ChlamydomonasPRACHEE AVASTHI CROFTS; Fiscal Year: 2011..cilia are highly conserved and are readily studied in the motile flagella of the unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. The length of flagella on these cells is highly responsive to the extracellular and intracellular ..
- Cloning & in vivo role of flagellar protein Kinase ADavid Howard; Fiscal Year: 2005..in health is largely due to the knowledge gained through basic science done in the model organism Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. The regulation of motility in cilia and flagella remains relatively poorly understood, both at a basic ..
- Roberto Docampo; Fiscal Year: 2016..Acidocalcisomes have been found in several pathogenic microorganisms as well as in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, and the slime mold Dictyostelium discoideum...
- Cloning and Analysis of a Gamete Fusion GeneCHARLENE FOREST; Fiscal Year: 2009Fertilization in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, a novel model system for determining the protein(s) required for gamete fusion, may help define the basic requirements for sperm- egg fusion in more complex systems...
- Novel, cost-effective production of immunoaffinity AbsScott Franklin; Fiscal Year: 2006..proteins, including antibodies, in the chloroplast of the unicellular, eukaryotic, green alga, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. The chloroplast of C...
- James Umen; Fiscal Year: 2014..Volvox carteri is a multicellular green alga that is sexually dimorphic and is closely related to Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, a non-dimorphic unicell...
- NUCLEAR GENES REGULATING TRANSLATION OF ORGANELLES MRNASStephen Mayfield; Fiscal Year: 1991..and nuclear encoded, is translationally regulated during the biogenesis of the chloroplast in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. We have characterized a group of nuclear mutants which are deficient in translation of specific ..
- The Role of an Intraflagellar Transport Protein in Cell-Cycle ControlChristopher R Wood; Fiscal Year: 2010..IFT27, resulted in cell-cycle defects in addition to defects of flagellar assembly in the green alga, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Because sequence analysis of IFT27 reveals significant similarity to proteins of the Rab family of ..
- Mechanism of action of the ammonia gas channel AmtB in E. coliJoanne Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2012..They are required for optimal growth of the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii at high C02...
- Mechanism of cell size checkpoint control by a Musahi-like RNA binding proteinBradley J S C Olson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The unicellular, eukaryotic green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii uses a variant cell cycle that partially uncouples growth from division, a property that makes its size ..
- James Umen; Fiscal Year: 2014..We have exploited a uniquely informative model for cell-size regulation, the unicellular alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Using Chlamydomonas we have identified key components of a size checkpoint pathway whose behavior ..
- Gustavo C Munguba; Fiscal Year: 2015..we will specifically stimulate RGCs expressing a light-gated proton channel from the green algae Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. The Channelrhodopsin2 protein is expressed exclusively by RGCs of Thy1- COP4/EYFP line 9 (ChR2-YFP) ..
- Channelrhodopsin-Calcium Channel Complexes for Ultrasensitive OptogeneticsJOHN LEE SPUDICH; Fiscal Year: 2013..action by co-expression with the Ca2+ channels that naturally perform this function in the alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Our approach is to identify molecular components responsible for amplification of channelrhodopsin-..
- Frederick R Cross; Fiscal Year: 2015..out a genetic screen aiming at saturated detection of cell cycle control elements in the green alga, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. We have devised robotic methods for the microbiology of mutant isolation, which combined with deep ..
- Photoreceptors Involved in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii Circadian EntrainmentSIGRID JACOBSHAGEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..objective of this research is to elucidate the biochemical mechanisms underlying the circadian clock in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. This green alga serves as a model system for a number of cell processes in animals and plants...
- FLAGELLAR MEMBRANE ADHESION AND SEXUAL SIGNALINGUrsula Goodenough; Fiscal Year: 2003..that are displayed on the flagellar membranes of plus and minus gametes of the unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii and that mediate a strong and specific adhesion to initiate the mating reaction...
- ANALYSIS OF RHODOPSIN-LIKE PHOTORECEPTORS IN ALGAEKenneth Foster; Fiscal Year: 1991..The unicellular eukaryote, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, was developed as a model system since it has a rhodopsin-based visual system homologous with higher ..
- CHARACTERIZATION AND EXPRESSION OF TUBULIN GENESCAROLYN SILFLOW; Fiscal Year: 1991The tubulin gene family in the flagellated unicellular eukaryote, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, consists of two beta tubulin genes coding for identical proteins, and two alpha tubulin genes coding for slightly different products...
- Genomic Approaches to Divining Mechanisms for Acclimation Cu DefiencyMadeli Castruita; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is an ideal model organism for the study of copper-deficiency because Chlamydomonas offers the advantage ..
- Nonlinear dynamics of cellular signal transductionKenneth Foster; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION (Provided by Applicant): Sensory signal processing will be studied in the unicellular alga, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Its sensory network controls two cilia that propel and steer the cell through its aqueous environment, ..
- CU-DEPENDENT TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATIONSabeeha Merchant; Fiscal Year: 1993..is based on previous work which has shown that the accumulation of several proteins in the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is dependent on the concentration of Cu in the growth medium. One of these proteins, viz...
- Disassembly and degradation of Photosystem IKevin Redding; Fiscal Year: 2005..The model system proposed here is the Photosystem I (PS1) complex in the unicellular green alga, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. This protein is an essential part of the photosynthetic electron transport chain and uses light ..
- Microalgal Oral Vaccines for Control of AmebiasisRichard Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2004..strategy is to: 1) generate and confirm expression of the Gal/GalNAc lectin antigen in transgenic algae (Chlamydomonas reinhardtii); 2) use the transgenic algae expressing the Gal/GalNAc lectin antigen to deliver oral immunogens (in ..
- Eukaryotic Membrane Protein Folding in E. coliJohn Spudich; Fiscal Year: 2006..First, we will construct strains mimicking the lipids of the eukaryotic alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii plasma membrane, and express microbial rhodopsin apoproteins encoded in the genome of that organism...
- INTEGRATION OF ORGANELLE AND NUCLEAR GENE EXPRESSIONLawrence Bogorad; Fiscal Year: 1991..of a method for the stable introduction of DNA into the plastid chromosome of the single celled organism Chlamydomonas reinhardtii now makes it possible to conveniently extend the results of transcription experiments in vitro to ..
- STUDY OF THE C REINHARDTII MITOCHONDRIAL GENOMEDin Pow Ma; Fiscal Year: 1991DESCRIPTION (Adapted from the applicant's abstract): The mitochondrial genome of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii has been sequenced and found to encode cytochrome c oxidase subunit I (COI), subunits 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 of the NADH dehydrogenase (..
- MODELS FOR NUCLEAR EXPRESSION OF MITOCHONDRIAL GENESMichael King; Fiscal Year: 2005..The Chlorophytic algae Chlamydomonas reinhardtii and Polytomella sp...
- MULTISTATION COMPUTERIZED MOTION ANALYSIS SYSTEMJohn Spudich; Fiscal Year: 1991..applications will be to analyze (i) phototaxis signaling by rhodopsins in Halobacterium halobium and Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, (ii) excitation signaling in chemotaxis of Escherichia coli using photolabile caged chemoeffectors, (..
- Function, Localization, and Expression of Chl27Michael Allen; Fiscal Year: 2007..being a component of the reaction in Arabidopsis thaliana, and two homologs, CHL27A and CHL27B, exist in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. My research will first focus on elucidating the mechanisms that control the subcellular localization of ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF FLAGELLA AND BASAL BODIESRICHARD LINCK; Fiscal Year: 2003..This hypothesis will be tested using the biflagellate Chlamydomonas reinhardtii system, in which the functions of ribbon proteins will be analyzed by a combined application of genetics,..
- MATURATION OF CHLOROPLAST CYTOCHROMESSabeeha Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2001..This complex is not essential for growth in the experimental organism Chlamydomonas reinhardtii which allows the research plan to exploit classical molecular genetics as well as biochemical approaches ..
- Nutritional Copper Signaling and HomeostasisSabeeha Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is the model organism for the study because the well-defined synthetic growth medium facilitates studies ..
- International Conference on Cell and Molecular Biology of ChlamydomonasSusan Dutcher; Fiscal Year: 2006..This provides a chance for workers in Chlamydomonas to gain information on new techniques and ideas. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The acclimation of Chlamydomonas to sulfur deprivation.Steve Pollock; Fiscal Year: 2005..of the sulfur-signal transduction cascade that is responsible for the acclimation responses of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii to sulfur deprivation...
- Systematic Structural Biology of DyneinStephen King; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will provide structure-based insight into the mechanisms of dynein regulation and will provide the necessary background for further structural analysis of this massive molecular motor. ..
- 2008 Plant and Fungal Cytoskeleton Gordon Research ConferenceSusan Dutcher; Fiscal Year: 2008..The inclusion of algae and parasites will add a new dimension on human health as related to ciliopathies and infection. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Singlet Oxygen SignalingKrishna Niyogi; Fiscal Year: 2007..and genomic approaches to dissect the singlet oxygen acclimation response in a unicelluar green alga, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii, a model photosynthetic eukaryote...
- ANTIOXIDANT METABOLISM IN CHLAMYDOMONASKrishna Niyogi; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Reverse genetics of Chlamydomonas using TILLINGKrishna Niyogi; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Project Summary: The unicellular green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is the model organism of choice for studying many fundamental aspects of eukaryotic cell biology, physiology, and ..
- Environmental Impact on Perinatal Lung MetabolismOliver Fiehn; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- An Integrated Microfluidic Cryo-Cooling System for MR MicrocoilsArum Han; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project seeks to develop a microfluidic cryo-cooling system integrated with MR surface coils for high- resolution MR imaging of biological samples. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Proteomic methodologies for polyketide biosynthesis (RMI)MICHAEL BURKART; Fiscal Year: 2007..These tools will allow further understanding of natural product pathways and guide metabolic engineering to produce therapeutically important molecules. ..
- A qHTS FRET-Quench Assay for 4?-PhosphopantethienyltransferasesMICHAEL BURKART; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, these compounds will also serve to further our ongoing NIH-funded investigations into the biosynthetic mechanisms of modular synthases. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mary E Porter; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- ACIDOCALCISOMES AND TOXOPLASMA GONDIISilvia Moreno; Fiscal Year: 2003..gondii H+-pyrophosphatase; specific aim 3: investigation of the role of acidocalcisomes in intracellular Ca2+ and pH homeostasis. ..
- REGULATION OF DYNEIN-DRIVEN FLAGELLAR MOTILITYPinfen Yang; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results will also have broad impact on how dynein-driven motility is controlled and how kinases and calcium sensors are anchored in the microtubule cytoskeleton. ..
- NOVEL HUMAN GENE SPECIFIC REAGENTS FROM HOMING ENDOSRaymond Monnat; Fiscal Year: 2005..The availability of human GSR's may also allow modification of altered human genes responsible for specific diseases or genes of pathogenic microorganisms including bacteria and viruses, parasites, etc. ..
- Receptor-mediated Colicin ImportWILLIAM CRAMER; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) The pathway of membrane insertion of the E1 channel domain, relative to the time course of other unfolding events, will be examined by time-resolved FRET using a large set of single Trp mutants. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The isoprenoid pathway from Toxoplasma gondiiSilvia Moreno; Fiscal Year: 2007..gondii, and perform structure-activity relationship studies to facilitate drug design. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INTRAFLAGELLAR TRANSPORT IN CHLAMYDOMONAS REINHARDTIIDOUGLAS COLE; Fiscal Year: 2009..The model organism for the study of IFT is the unicellular biflagellate green alga, Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Biochemical analysis of the 17 proteins found in the Chlamydomonas IFT particles has begun to reveal ..
- Structure-Function of Hetero-oligomeric Integral Membrane ProteinsWILLIAM CRAMER; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Modifiers of CF Liver DiseaseMichael Knowles; Fiscal Year: 2008..Better understanding of the pathobiology of hepatic fibrosis in CF will identify novel targets to prevent (or reduce) the development of CFLD. ..
- Novel phospholipases C in trypanosomatidsSilvia Moreno; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- RNA-Mediated Silencing: Mechanisms and Biological Roles in ChlamydomonasHeriberto Cerutti; Fiscal Year: 2009..By using the unicellular alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii as a model system, we have isolated mutants in two classes of genes involved in RNA silencing...
- Genetic Disorders of Mucociliary ClearanceMichael Knowles; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, we will work with the DTCC to coordinate and expand current websites to provide information to the lay public, patients, and medical professionals for education, referral, and recruitment of study subjects. ..
- METHODPatent Number: WO2016128750-A1; Date:2016-08-18
- METHODS OF HOST CELL MODIFICATIONPatent Number: KR1020160062169-A; Date:2016-06-01
- IMPROVING ACTIVITY OF FE-S CLUSTER REQUIRING PROTEINSPatent Number: JP2016171790-A; Date:2016-09-29
- Tailored Oils Produced from Recombinant Heterotrophic MicroorganismsPatent Number: JP2016104024-A; Date:2016-06-09
- PLANTS HAVING INCREASED YIELD-RELATED TRAITS AND A METHOD FOR MAKING THE SAMEPatent Number: EP2987861-A1; Date:2016-02-24
- RECOMBINANT PLANTS AND MICROORGANISMS HAVING A REVERSE GLYOXYLATE SHUNTPatent Number: EP3013971-A1; Date:2016-05-04
- PLANTS HAVING INCREASED TOLERANCE TO HERBICIDESPatent Number: EP3033426-A2; Date:2016-06-22
- METHOD FOR GENERATING OIL/FAT COMPONENT AND METHOD FOR PRODUCING HIGHER UNSATURATED FATTY ACIDPatent Number: EP3037542-A1; Date:2016-06-29
- METHOD FOR GENERATING OIL/FAT COMPONENT, METHOD FOR PRODUCING HIGHER UNSATURATED FATTY ACID, AND CHLAMYDOMONAS SPECIES STRAIN JSC4Patent Number: EP3037543-A1; Date:2016-06-29
- Genetically modified higher plants with increased photosynthesis and/or biomass production, methods and uses thereofPatent Number: EP3029060-A1; Date:2016-06-08
- PLANTS HAVING ENHANCED YIELD-RELATED TRAITS AND A METHOD FOR MAKING THE SAMEPatent Number: EP3029143-A1; Date:2016-06-08
- GENETICALLY MODIFIED HIGHER PLANTS WITH INCREASED PHOTOSYNTHESIS AND/OR BIOMASS PRODUCTION, METHODS AND USES THEREOFPatent Number: WO2016087314-A2; Date:2016-06-09
- TRANSGENIC PLANTS WITH ENGINEERED REDOX SENSITIVE MODULATION OF PHOTOSYNTHETIC ANTENNA COMPLEX PIGMENTS AND METHODS FOR MAKING THE SAMEPatent Number: WO2016077624-A1; Date:2016-05-19
- ISOLATED POLYPEPTIDES AND POLYNUCLEOTIDES USEFUL FOR INCREASING NITROGEN USE EFFICIENCY, ABIOTIC STRESS TOLERANCE, YIELD AND BIOMASS IN PLANTSPatent Number: EP3072972-A2; Date:2016-09-28
- PLANTS WITH ENHANCED PHOTOSYNTHESIS AND METHODS OF MANUFACTURE THEREOFPatent Number: EP3090057-A1; Date:2016-11-09
- PLANTS WITH ENHANCED YIELD AND METHODS OF CONSTRUCTIONPatent Number: WO2016164810-A1; Date:2016-10-13
- METHODS AND COMPOSITIONS FOR INCREASING PRODUCTIVITY AND VIABILITY OF ALGAL CELLSPatent Number: WO2014016612-A1; Date:2014-01-30
- BIOMASS YIELD GENESPatent Number: EP2814944-A1; Date:2014-12-24
- Recombinant Chlamydomonas and Method of Producing High Lauric Acid Content OilPatent Number: JP2014014334-A; Date:2014-01-30
- Alga in which production of photosynthetic products is improved, and use for said algaPatent Number: KR1020150080021-A; Date:2015-07-08
- TAILORED OILSPatent Number: EP2839018-A1; Date:2015-02-25
- Herbicidal compositionsPatent Number: EP2848125-A1; Date:2015-03-18
- PLANTS WITH INCREASED YIELD AND METHOD FOR PRODUCING SAID PLANTSPatent Number: WO2015124799-A1; Date:2015-08-27
- GENETICALLY ENGINEERED MICROBIAL STRAINS INCLUDING PROTOTHECA LIPID PATHWAY GENESPatent Number: KR1020140098827-A; Date:2014-08-08
- A method for producing ethanol using a recombinant yeastPatent Number: WO2014133092-A; Date:2014-09-04
- REGULATORY NUCLEIC ACID MOLECULES FOR RELIABLE GENE EXPRESSION IN PLANTSPatent Number: EP2761003-A1; Date:2014-08-06
- A gene capable of increasing biomass of a plant and an use thereofPatent Number: JP2015216861-A; Date:2015-12-07
- PLANTS HAVING INCREASED TOLERANCE TO HERBICIDESPatent Number: JP2014504855-A; Date:2014-02-27
- ALGA, METHOD FOR PRODCUING THEREOF AND METHOD FOR PRODUCING BIOMASS BY USING THE ALGAPatent Number: WO2015182110-A; Date:2015-12-03
- GENETICALLY ENGINEERED MICROBIAL STRAINS INCLUDING PROTOTHECA LIPID PATHWAY GENESPatent Number: JP2015500009-A; Date:2015-01-05
- GENETICALLY ENGINEERED MICROORGANISMS THAT METABOLIZE XYLOSEPatent Number: JP2014513964-A; Date:2014-06-19
- Expression vector for a secretion and detection systemPatent Number: EP2684960-A1; Date:2014-01-15
- Tailored Oils Produced from Recombinant Oleaginous MicroorganismsPatent Number: JP2014511140-A; Date:2014-05-12
- RESTORATION OF VISUAL RESPONSES BY IN VIVO DELIVERY OF RHODOPSIN NUCLEIC ACIDSPatent Number: JP2014040469-A; Date:2014-03-06
- MICROBIAL OILS WITH LOWERED POUR POINTS, DIELECTRIC FLUIDS PRODUCED THEREFROM, AND RELATED METHODSPatent Number: JP2014500349-A; Date:2014-01-09
- PLANTS HAVING ENHANCED YIELD-RELATED TRAITS AND METHODS FOR MAKING THE SAMEPatent Number: EP2755465-A1; Date:2014-07-23
- Plants having enhanced yield-related traits and a method for making the samePatent Number: EP2711424-A2; Date:2014-03-26
- METHOD FOR PRODUCING TRIACYLGLYCEROL-HYPERPRODUCING MICROALGAEPatent Number: JP2014068638-A; Date:2014-04-21
- PLANT SELF NITROGEN FIXATION BY MIMICKING PROKARYOTIC PATHWAYSPatent Number: EP2925870-A2; Date:2015-10-07
- Identification of Channelrhodopsin-2 (CHOP2) Mutations and Methods of UsePatent Number: JP2015510759-A; Date:2015-04-13
- SGT-enzymePatent Number: JP2015142582-A; Date:2015-08-06
- TAILORED OILSPatent Number: JP2015521033-A; Date:2015-07-27
- PLANTS HAVING INCREASED TOLERANCE TO HERBICIDESPatent Number: JP2015519913-A; Date:2015-07-16
- IDENTIFICATION OF CHANNELRHODOPSIN-2 (CHOP2) MUTATIONS AND METHODS OF USEPatent Number: KR1020140132401-A; Date:2014-11-17
- METHODS OF MODIFYING ALGAL CELL GENOMESPatent Number: WO2014026770-A2; Date:2014-02-20
- DHAD VARIANTS FOR BUTANOL PRODUCTIONPatent Number: WO2014106107-A2; Date:2014-07-03
- VECTORS FOR DELIVERY OF LIGHT-SENSITIVE PROTEINS AND METHODS OF USEPatent Number: EP2910637-A1; Date:2015-08-26
- Plants having enhanced yield-related traits and a method for making the samePatent Number: EP2910639-A1; Date:2015-08-26
- LIPID AND GROWTH TRAIT GENESPatent Number: EP2817409-A1; Date:2014-12-31
- METHOD FOR PRODUCING TRIACYLGLYCEROL-HYPERPRODUCING MICROALGAEPatent Number: WO2015137449-A; Date:2015-09-17
- TAILORED OILSPatent Number: KR1020150001830-A; Date:2015-01-06
- PLANTS HAVING INCREASED TOLERANCE TO HERBICIDESPatent Number: KR1020150023748-A; Date:2015-03-05
- Recombinant vector for increasing biomass and lipid productivity of microalgae and uses thereofPatent Number: KR1020150084148-A; Date:2015-07-22
- PLANT SELF NITROGEN FIXATION BY MIMICKING PROKARYOTIC PATHWAYSPatent Number: KR1020150093721-A; Date:2015-08-18
- LIGHT-ACTIVATED CATION CHANNEL AND USES THEREOFPatent Number: JP2015231373-A; Date:2015-12-24
- RATIONALLY-DESIGNED SINGLE-CHAIN MEGANUCLEASES WITH NON-PALINDROMIC RECOGNITION SEQUENCESPatent Number: JP2015221035-A; Date:2015-12-10
- TAILORED OILSPatent Number: WO2015051319-A2; Date:2015-04-09
- Method of identifying eukaryotic speciesPatent Number: JP2014155500-A; Date:2014-08-28
- DNA cleavage enzyme I-CsmI that recognises and cuts the asymmetric DNA sequence and method for producing the samePatent Number: JP2005341803-A; Date:2005-12-15
- Plants with enhanced yield-related traits and producing method thereofPatent Number: KR1020130028983-A; Date:2013-03-20
- Plants with enhanced yield-related traits and producing method thereofPatent Number: KR1020130039342-A; Date:2013-04-19
- Plants having enhanced yield-related traits and a method for making the samePatent Number: WO2010034681-A1; Date:2010-04-01