Genomes and Genes
Shewanella sp. MR-7
- Cloning and sequence of cymA, a gene encoding a tetraheme cytochrome c required for reduction of iron(III), fumarate, and nitrate by Shewanella putrefaciens MR-1C R Myers
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
J Bacteriol 179:1143-52. 1997..The localization of the fumarate and iron(III) reductases to the periplasm and outer membrane of MR-1, respectively, suggests the possibility of a similar electron transfer role for CymA...
- Shewanella putrefaciens mtrB encodes an outer membrane protein required for Fe(III) and Mn(IV) reductionA S Beliaev
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
J Bacteriol 180:6292-7. 1998..To our knowledge, this is the first report of genes encoding proteins involved in metal reduction...
- Cold-adapted alanine dehydrogenases from two antarctic bacterial strains: gene cloning, protein characterization, and comparison with mesophilic and thermophilic counterpartsA Galkin
Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Uji, Kyoto Fu 611, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:4014-20. 1999..Homology-based structural models of various AlaDHs, including the two psychotropic AlaDHs, were constructed. The thermal instability of SheAlaDH and CarAlaDH may result from relatively low numbers of salt bridges in these proteins...
- Isolation and piezoresponse of the rpoA gene encoding the RNA polymerase alpha subunit from the deep-sea piezophilic bacterium Shewanella violaceaK Nakasone
The DEEP STAR Group, Japan Marine Science and Technology Center, Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 193:261-8. 2000....
- Piezoresponse of the cyo-operon coding for quinol oxidase subunits in a deep-sea piezophilic bacterium, Shewanella violaceaK Nakasone
The DEEPSTAR Group, Japan Marine Science and Technology Center, Yokosuka
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65:690-3. 2001..Upstream in the cyo-operon, a sigma54-binding motif and an octamer sequence unit were found, suggesting that these elements may play a role in regulation of expression of the cyo-operon in response to changes in pressure...
- Role of menaquinones in Fe(III) reduction by membrane fractions of Shewanella putrefaciensDaad A Saffarini
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 3209 N Maryland Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53211, USA
J Bacteriol 184:846-8. 2002..These results indicate that menaquinones are essential components for the reduction of Fe(III) by both whole cells and purified membrane fractions when formate or lactate is used as the electron donor...
- Isolation and characterization of the dcw cluster from the piezophilic deep-sea bacterium Shewanella violaceaAkihiro Ishii
Department of Biological Information, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Nagatsuta cho, Midori ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 226 8503, Japan
J Biochem 132:183-8. 2002..1 to 50 MPa. These results imply that the FtsZ protein function is not affected by elevated pressure in this piezophilic bacterium...
- Cloning and overproduction of the rpoZ gene encoding an RNA polymerase omega subunit from a deep-sea piezophilic Shewanella violacea strain DSS12Hiroaki Kawano
The DEEPSTAR Group, Japan Marine Science and Technology Center, 2 15 Natsushima cho, Yokosuka, Kanagawa 237 0061, Japan
DNA Seq 15:118-22. 2004..coli JM109 as a host of overproduction. Upon induction, the recombinant protein encoded by plasmid pQrpoZ was overexpressed and purified using Ni2+ affinity column...
- On the origin and function of an insertion element VPaI-1 specific to post-1995 pandemic Vibrio parahaemolyticus strainsTasuku Nishioka
Department of Biosystems Science, The Graduate University for Advanced Studies Sokendai, Hayama, Kanagawa, Japan
Genes Genet Syst 83:101-10. 2008..cholerae virulence gene. Based on these findings, we hypothesized the emergence of pandemicity and discuss the mechanism for how these strains spread throughout the world...
- Microfabricated microbial fuel cell arrays reveal electrochemically active microbesHuijie Hou
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6570. 2009..MR-7, and displayed 2.3-fold higher power output than the S. oneidensis MR-1 reference strain. Therefore, the utility of the MFC array was demonstrated...
- Plants with increased tolerance and/or resistance to environmental stress and increased biomass productionPatent Number: WO2008142034-A2; Date:2008-11-27
- Plants with increased yieldPatent Number: WO2009037279-A1; Date:2009-03-26
- Plants with increased yieldPatent Number: WO2009037329-A2; Date:2009-03-26
- Process for the production of a fine chemicalPatent Number: EP2090662-A2; Date:2009-08-19
- Plants with increased yield by increasing or generating one or more activities in a plant or a part thereofPatent Number: WO2010020654-A2; Date:2010-02-25
- Plants with increased yield (lt)Patent Number: WO2010034672-A1; Date:2010-04-01
- Method for producing a transgenic plant cell, a plant or a part thereof with increased resistance biotic stressPatent Number: WO2010037714-A1; Date:2010-04-08
- Plants with increased yield (nue)Patent Number: WO2010046221-A1; Date:2010-04-29
- Proteins associated with abiotic stress response and homologsPatent Number: EP2221382-A2; Date:2010-08-25
- Proteins associated with abiotic stress response and homologsPatent Number: WO2007110314-A; Date:2007-10-04
- Process for the production of a fine chemicalPatent Number: WO2008034648-A1; Date:2008-03-27