Publications208 found, 100 shown here
- Studies on antimicrobial activities of solvent extracts of different spicesDilek Keskin
Cine High Vocational School, Adnan Menderes University, Cine Aydin 09500, Turkey
J Environ Biol 32:251-6. 2011..cloaca ATCC 13047, Corynebacterium xerosis UC 9165, Streptococcus faecalis DC 74, Kluyveromyces marxianus, Rhodotorula rubra were used in this investigation...
- Liposomal amphotericin B: what is its role in 2008?F Lanternier
Faculté de Médecine Paris Descartes, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Centre d Infectiologie Necker Pasteur, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:71-83. 2008..Candida glabrata and Candida parapsilosis, and against more resistant, emerging yeasts species such as Rhodotorula spp., Geotrichum spp. and Trichosporon spp.. LAmB is also active against Cryptococcus spp...
- [Role of yeasts in diabetic foot ulcer infection]Emilija Mlinaric Missoni
Odsjek za klinicku mikologiju, Hrvatski zavod za javno zdravstvo, Zagreb
Acta Med Croatica 60:43-50. 2006..Another aim was to explore risk factors for the development of fungal infections in foot ulcer...
- Development of a novel PCR assay for the identification of the black yeast, Exophiala (Wangiella) dermatitidis from adult patients with cystic fibrosis (CF)Yuriko Nagano
Department of Bacteriology, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT9 7AD, United Kingdom
J Cyst Fibros 7:576-80. 2008..Aspergillus fumigatus, Aspergillus versicolor, Pichia guilliermondii, Rhodotorula sp., Trichosporon sp., Aureobasidium pullulans, Fusarium sp...
- [Evaluation of a new method for antifungal drugs susceptibility testing to yeasts]S Ishigaki
Department of Central Laboratory, Teikyo School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:221-30. 2000..4 Candida krusei, 6 Trichosporon cutaneum, 5 Candida ciferrii, 3 Candida famata, 4 Candida norvegensis, 2 Rhodotorula rubra, 3 Candida lusitaniae, 2 Candida curvata, 1 Candida inconspicua, 1 Candida intermedia, 1 Candida ..
- Efficiency of blood culture bottles for the fungal sterility testing of corneal organ culture mediaG Thuret
Department of Ophthalmology, Bellevue Hospital, 25 Boulevard Pasteur, F 42055 Saint Etienne Cedex 2, France
Br J Ophthalmol 89:586-90. 2005..The authors aimed to compare sensitivity and rapidity of fungal contamination detection by three methods: blood bottles, Sabouraud, and daily visual inspection of the organ culture medium...
- Rapid identification of Cryptococcus neoformans var. grubii, C. neoformans var. neoformans, and C. gattii by use of rapid biochemical tests, differential media, and DNA sequencingLisa McTaggart
Medical Mycology, Ontario Public Health Laboratories, Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion, Department ofLaboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 49:2522-7. 2011..All 123 Cryptococcus isolates hydrolyzed urea, along with 7 isolates of Rhodotorula and Trichosporon. Eighty-five of 86 C. neoformans (99%) and 26 of 27 C...
- In-vitro activity of 5-fluorocytosine against 1,021 Spanish clinical isolates of Candida and other medically important yeastsGuillermo Quindos
Departamento de Inmunologia, Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Facultad de Medicina y Odontologia, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Bilbao, Spain
Rev Iberoam Micol 21:63-9. 2004..tropicalis, 28 Candida krusei, 20 Candida famata, 11 Cryptococcus neoformans, 5 Cryptococcus albidus, 43 Rhodotorula spp., 24 Trichosporon spp., 5 Saccharomyces cerevisiae, 9 Pichia spp...
- Process analysis of variables for standardization of antifungal susceptibility testing of nonfermentative yeastsOscar Zaragoza
Servicio de Micologia, Centro Nacional de Microbiologia, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Carretera Majadahonda Pozuelo, Km 2, Majadahonda 28220, Madrid, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 55:1563-70. 2011..species of nonfermentative yeasts such as Cryptococcus neoformans, Cryptococcus gattii, Cryptococcus albidus, Rhodotorula spp., Yarrowia lipolytica, Geotrichum spp., and Trichosporon spp...
- Multidrug resistant yeasts in synanthropic wild birdsAlexander Tiong Kah Lord
The International Medical University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 9:11. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the presence of multidrug resistant yeasts in the faeces of synanthropic wild birds from the Bangsar suburb of Kuala Lumpur...
- Continuous production of L-phenylalanine by Rhodotorula glutinis immobilized cells using a column reactorAhmed I El-Batal
National Center for Radiation Research and Technology, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt aelbatel
Acta Microbiol Pol 51:153-69. 2002....
- Stability of microbial communities in goat milk during a lactation year: molecular approachesCécile Callon
INRA Unité de Recherches Fromagères URF545, INRA, 36 rue de Salers, 15000 Aurillac, France
Syst Appl Microbiol 30:547-60. 2007..The yeast community was composed of Debaryomyces hansenii, Kluyveromyces lactis, Trichosporon beigelii, Rhodotorula glutinis, Rhodotorula minuta, Candida pararugosa, Candida intermedia, Candida inconspicua, Cryptococcus ..
- In-vitro antifungal activity of liposomal nystatin in comparison with nystatin, amphotericin B cholesteryl sulphate, liposomal amphotericin B, amphotericin B lipid complex, amphotericin B desoxycholate, fluconazole and itraconazoleA J Carrillo-Munoz
Department of Microbiology, Asesoría Científica y de Investigación Aplicada, Barcelona, Spain
J Antimicrob Chemother 44:397-401. 1999..Candida guilliermondii, Candida tropicalis, Candida kefyr, Candida viswanathii, Candida famata, Candida rugosa, Rhodotorula rubra, Trichosporon spp., Cryptococcus laurentii and Cryptococcus neoformans...
- Removal of L-alanine from the production of L-2-aminobutyric acid by introduction of alanine racemase and D-amino acid oxidaseLi Zhu
Key Laboratory of Synthetic Biology, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 300 Fenglin Rd, Shanghai 200032, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 90:903-10. 2011..the remnant L-alanine, alanine racemase of Bacillus subtilis in combination with D-amino acid oxidase of Rhodotorula gracilis or Trigonopsis variabilis respectively was introduced into the reaction system for the L-2-..
- Characterization of low-molecular-weight antiyeast metabolites produced by a food-protective Lactobacillus-Propionibacterium cocultureSusanne Miescher Schwenninger
Laboratory of Food Biotechnology, Institute of Food Science and Nutrition, ETH Zentrum, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
J Food Prot 71:2481-7. 2008..permeate medium yielding cell-free supernatants with high antiyeast activity against Candida pulcherrima and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa...
- Activity of MGCD290, a Hos2 histone deacetylase inhibitor, in combination with azole antifungals against opportunistic fungal pathogensM A Pfaller
Medical Microbiology Division, Department of Pathology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Clin Microbiol 47:3797-804. 2009..isolates, 10 Aspergillus isolates, 15 isolates of the Zygomycetes order, 10 Cryptococcus neoformans isolates, 8 Rhodotorula isolates, 8 Fusarium isolates, 5 Trichosporon isolates, and 5 Scedosporium isolates...
- Involvement of Tetrahymena pyriformis and selected fungi in the elimination of anthracene, and toxicity assessment of the biotransformation productsP Guiraud
Laboratoire ORSOX EA 3776, CEA LRC 8M, Universite Joseph Fourier, UFR de Pharmacie, Domaine de la Merci, 38700 La Tronche, France
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 69:296-305. 2008..In contrast, the fungi Cunninghamella elegans, Absidia fusca, Absidia cylindrospora, Rhodotorula glutinis, and Aspergillus terreus were able to transform AC with a high efficiency...
- Uncommon opportunistic fungi: new nosocomial threatsA H Groll
Immunocompromised Host Section, Pediatric Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Clin Microbiol Infect 7:8-24. 2001..and yeast-like pathogens (such as Trichosporon species, Blastoschizomyces capitatus, Malassezia species, Rhodotorula rubra and others) are increasingly encountered as causing life threatening invasive infections that are often ..
- The yeast species causing fungemia at a university hospital in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, during a 10-year periodSaleh S A Al-Hedaithy
The Medical Mycology Unit, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, College of Medicine and King Khalid University Hospital, PO Box 2925, Riyadh 11461, Saudi Arabia
Mycoses 46:293-8. 2003..2%), C. famata (1.0%); 3.2% were due to other species, namely Blastoschizomyces capitatus, Hansenula anomala, Rhodotorula rubra, and Trichosporon beigelii. The percentage of episodes of fungemia caused by C. albicans ranged from 36...
- Yeasts in an industrial malting ecosystemA Laitila
VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, PO Box 1000, Tietotie 2, Espoo, 02044 VTT, Finland
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 33:953-66. 2006..Saccharomyces and Williopsis and the basidiomycetous yeasts to Bulleromyces, Filobasidium, Cryptococcus, Rhodotorula, Sporobolomyces and Trichosporon...
- Prevalence of yeasts in beach sand at three bathing beaches in South FloridaC Vogel
SUNY, Marine Sciences Research Center, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5000, USA
Water Res 41:1915-20. 2007..The most frequently encountered yeasts were Candida tropicalis and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa...
- Isolation and identification of yeast flora from genital tract in healthy female camels (Camelus dromedarius)Hojjatollah Shokri
Mycology Research Center, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Vet Microbiol 144:183-6. 2010..1%), Trichosporon (10.1%), Geotrichum (7.5%), Kluyveromyces (3.5%), Rhodotorula (2.4%), Aureobasidium (1.4%), Cryptococcus (1.1%) and Prototheca (0.8%). Among different Candida species, C...
- Separation of fructooligosaccharides using zeolite fixed bed columnsRaquel Cristine Kuhn
Laboratory of Bioprocess Engineering, Food Engineering Department, P O Box 6121, University of Campinas, 13083 862 Campinas, SP, Brazil
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 878:2023-8. 2010..FOS were produced by an enzyme isolated from Rhodotorula sp., which produces GF2 (kestose), GF3 (nystose) and GF4 (frutofuranosyl nystose)...
- Species distribution and frequency of isolation of yeasts and dermatophytes from toe webs of diabetic patientsEmilija Mlinarić-Missoni
Croatian National Institute of Public Health, Rockefellerova 2, HR 10000 Zagreb Croatia
Acta Dermatovenerol Croat 13:85-92. 2005..6% of the patients). From toe webs, 24 fungal species, 21 yeast species belonging to nine genera (Candida, Rhodotorula, Cryptococcus, Trichosporon, Saccharomyces, Blastoschizomyces, Geotrichum, Debaryomyces, and Ustilago) as well ..
- Assessment of anthracene toxicity toward environmental eukaryotic microorganisms: Tetrahymena pyriformis and selected micromycetesJ L Bonnet
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite d Auvergne, 28 Place Henri Dunant, BP38, 63001 Clermont Ferrand, Cedex 1, France
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 60:87-100. 2005..From IC(50) values determined by endpoint or kinetic methods, Rhodotorula glutinis and all of the Ascomycotina (except for Penicillium chrysogenum) were the most sensitive species, ..
- Manganese (Mn2+)-dependent storage stabilization of Rhodotorula glutinis phenylalanine ammonia-lyase activityMark J Wall
Department of Chemistry, Cape Breton University, 1250 Grand Lake Road, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada B1P 6L2
J Agric Food Chem 56:894-902. 2008..Optimal conditions for the growth and PAL activity of Rhodotorula glutinis cells and an improved method for the synthesis of l-phenylalanine have been reported...
- Isolation of cryptococcus, Candida, Aspergillus, Rhodotorula and nocardia from meningitis patients in egyptMona L Elias
US Naval Medical Research Unit 3, Cairo, Egypt
J Egypt Public Health Assoc 84:169-81. 2009..neoformans var grubii (serotype A), 4 as Candida albicans, and one each of Aspergillus candidus, Rhodotorula mucilaginosa (rubra) and Nocardia spp (actinomycetes)...
- [Antimicrobial activity of volatile oil from Atractylodes lancea against three species of endophytic fungi and seven species of exogenous fungi]Yu Wang
Jiangsu Key Laboratory for Biodiversity and Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing 210046, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 20:2778-84. 2009..It had strong antimicrobial activity against Rhodotorula glutinis and Saprolegnia, but weak activity against Rhizopus and Absidia...
- Utilization of low molecular weight aromatic compounds by heterobasidiomycetous yeasts: taxonomic implicationsJ P Sampaio
Laboratory of Microbiology, Faculty of Sciences and Technology, New University of Lisbon, Caparica, Portugal
Can J Microbiol 45:491-512. 1999..Among the Urediniomycetes, the members of the Sporidiales and those of the Naohidea-Rhodotorula minuta clade showed a good ability to utilize aromatic compounds, whereas the members of the Agaricostilbum-..
- Differences in the microflora of scarified and unscarified seeds of Karwinskia humboldtiana (Rhamnaceae)M Henselová
Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Science, Comenius University, 842 15 Bratislava, Slovakia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 46:543-8. 2001..Fusarium sp., Mucor sp., Penicillium commune, Trichothecium sp.; from yeasts Rhodotorula sp. and Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Seed scarification significantly reduced the microbial contamination...
- Exopolysaccharides produced by mixed culture of yeast Rhodotorula rubra GED10 and yogurt bacteria (Streptococcus thermophilus 13a + Lactobacillus bulgaricus 2-11)E D Simova
Laboratory of Applied Microbiology, Institute of Microbiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Maritza Blvd, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
J Appl Microbiol 97:512-9. 2004....
- Yeast diversity and dynamics in the production processes of Norwegian dry-cured meat productsDereje T Asefa
The National Veterinary Institute, Sentrum, Oslo, Norway
Int J Food Microbiol 133:135-40. 2009..401 yeast isolates belonging to 10 species of the following six genera were identified: Debaryomyces, Candida, Rhodotorula, Rhodosporidium, Cryptococcus and Sporidiobolus...
- Induction of phytoalexins biosynthesis in orange fruit by the biocontrol yeast Rhodotorula glutinisG Arras
C N R Istituto di Scienze delle Produzioni Alimentari, sez Sassari Via dei Mille, 48 Sassari, Italy
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 71:915-21. 2006The biocontrol yeast Rhodotorula glutinis, isolate 21A, obtained from tomato fruit was used to control Penicillium digitatum, P. italicum and Botrytis cinerea on artificially wounded citrus fruit...
- Microbial community on healthy and diseased leaves of an invasive plant Eupatorium adenophorum in Southwest ChinaZhen Xin Zhou
Laboratory of Conservation and Utilization for Bio resources, Yunnan University, Kunming, 650091, PR China
J Microbiol 48:139-45. 2010..52.9% of fungal clones from healthy leaves were Ustilaginomycetes, close to Rhodotorula phylloplana and uncultured basidomycete; by contrast, 60% of clones from diseased leaves were Lecanoromycetes, ..
- Suppression of Rhizoctonia solani diseases of sugar beet by antagonistic and plant growth-promoting yeastsK A El-Tarabily
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, 17551, United Arab Emirates
J Appl Microbiol 96:69-75. 2004Isolates of Candida valida, Rhodotorula glutinis and Trichosporon asahii from the rhizosphere of sugar beet in Egypt were examined for their ability to colonize roots, to promote plant growth and to protect sugar beet from Rhizoctonia ..
- Investigating the role of active site residues of Rhodotorula gracilis D-amino acid oxidase on its substrate specificityAngelo Boselli
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Sciences, University of Insubria, via J H Dunant 3, 21100 Varese, Italy
Biochimie 89:360-8. 2007..number of mutants at position M213, Y223, Y238, R285, S335, and Q339 were prepared in the enzyme from the yeast Rhodotorula gracilis...
- Genes of the thymidine salvage pathway: thymine-7-hydroxylase from a Rhodotorula glutinis cDNA library and iso-orotate decarboxylase from Neurospora crassaJeffrey A Smiley
Department of Chemistry, Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH 44555, United States
Biochim Biophys Acta 1723:256-64. 2005..THase was isolated from a Rhodotorula glutinis cDNA library using a degenerate oligonucleotide based on the published amino acid sequence...
- Yeast interactions and wine flavourGraham H Fleet
Food Science and Technology, School of Chemical Sciences, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Int J Food Microbiol 86:11-22. 2003..has a predominance of Aureobasidium pullulans, Metschnikowia, Hanseniaspora (Kloeckera), Cryptococcus and Rhodotorula species depending on stage of maturity...
- Volatilization and precipitation of tellurium by aerobic, tellurite-resistant marine microbesPatrick R L Ollivier
College of Marine and Earth Studies, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19711, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:7163-73. 2008..The tellurite-resistant strains recovered were either yeasts related to marine isolates of Rhodotorula spp...
- Responses of 2 epiphytic yeasts to foliar infection by Rhizoctonia solani or mechanical wounding on the phylloplane of tall fescueShannon Nix
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Georgia, Griffin, GA 30223 1797, USA
Can J Microbiol 55:1160-5. 2009..was conducted to determine how foliar disease or wounding affects the ability of 2 phylloplane yeasts (Rhodotorula glutinis and Cryptococcus laurentii) to colonize leaves of tall fescue (Festuca arundinacea)...
- C- and N-catabolic utilization of tricarboxylic acid cycle-related amino acids by Scheffersomyces stipitis and other yeastsStefan Freese
Department of Biology IV Microbiology und Genetics, Unit of Applied Microbiology, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Yeast 28:375-90. 2011..maltosa, Pichia capsulata and Yarrowia lipolytica and in basidiomycetous species such as Rhodotorula rubra and Trichosporon beigelii. Glutamate was a very efficient carbon source for Sc...
- Controlled enzymatic production of astrocytic hydrogen peroxide protects neurons from oxidative stress via an Nrf2-independent pathwayRENEE E HASKEW-LAYTON
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, The Burke Medical Research Institute, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:17385-90. 2010..production in astrocytes cocultured with neurons, we heterologously expressed the H(2)O(2)-producing enzyme Rhodotorula gracilis D-amino acid oxidase (rgDAAO) selectively in astrocytes...
- Multicenter comparison of the sensititre YeastOne Colorimetric Antifungal Panel with the National Committee for Clinical Laboratory standards M27-A reference method for testing clinical isolates of common and emerging Candida spp., Cryptococcus spp., and A Espinel-Ingroff
Medical College of Virginia of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
J Clin Microbiol 37:591-5. 1999..14 common and emerging species of Candida, Hansenula anomala, Rhodotorula spp., Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Sporobolomyces salmonicolor, and Trichosporon beigelii...
- Isolation and characterization of biarylic structure-degrading yeasts: hydroxylation potential of dibenzofuranM Cristina Romer
Instituto Spegazzini, Fac Ciencias Naturales y Museo Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina
Environ Pollut 118:379-82. 2002..Candida tenuis, Candida tropicalis, two Pichia anomala strains, Pichia haplophila, two Rhodotorula glutinis strains, Rhodotorula mucilaginosa, two Trichosporon pullulans strains and Yarrowia lipolytica were ..
- [Biodiversity of mycocoenoses of oral cavity, throat and nose of children aged 6-15 years]Elzbieta Ejdys
Zakład Mikologii, Uniwersytet Warmińsko Mazurski, ul Oczapowskiego 1A, 10 719 Olsztyn Kortowo
Wiad Parazytol 49:363-74. 2003..A total of 13 species representing 5 genera: Candida, Rhodotorula, Saccharomyces, Saccharomycopsis and Trichosporon were found in the material studied...
- Differentiation of Candida albicans from non-albicans yeast directly from blood cultures by Gram stain morphologyA Harrington
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 98195 7110, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 26:325-9. 2007..parapsilosis 8%, Candida krusei 7%, Candida tropicalis 5%, Candida dubliniensis 2%, and Candida lusitaniae 2%), Rhodotorula mucilaginosa 2%, and Cryptococcus neoformans 3%...
- Seasonal variability of culturable fungal genera in the house dust of inner-city residencesSook Ja Cho
Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Occup Environ Hyg 5:780-9. 2008..of 13 fungal genera (Cladosporium, yeasts, Aureobasidium, Alternaria, Penicillium, Epicoccum, Mucor, Rhodotorula, Aspergillus, sterile fungi, Phoma, Pithomyces, and Fusarium) found in more than 20% of total dust samples...
- Mixed culture of oleaginous yeast Rhodotorula glutinis and microalga Chlorella vulgaris for lipid production from industrial wastes and its use as biodiesel feedstockBenjamas Cheirsilp
Department of Industrial Biotechnology, Faculty of Agro Industry, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai 90112, Thailand
N Biotechnol 28:362-8. 2011A mixed culture of oleaginous yeast Rhodotorula glutinis and microalga Chlorella vulgaris was performed to enhance lipid production from industrial wastes...
- Oily yeasts as oleaginous cell factoriesJose Manuel Ageitos
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 90:1219-27. 2011..The oily yeast genera include Yarrowia, Candida, Rhodotorula, Rhodosporidium, Cryptococcus, Trichosporon, and Lipomyces...
- Lactobacillus coryniformis subsp. coryniformis strain Si3 produces a broad-spectrum proteinaceous antifungal compoundJ Magnusson
Department of Microbiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:1-5. 2001..The yeasts Rhodotorula glutinis, Sporobolomyces roseus, and Pichia anomala were not inhibited...
- Cell wall preparations from environmental yeasts: effect on alveolar macrophage function in vitroW G Sorenson
Division of Respiratory Disease Studies, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, NIOSH DRDS, 1095 Willowdale Road, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Ann Agric Environ Med 5:65-71. 1998..the present study, preparations from the cell walls of Pichia fabianii, Candida sake, Trichosporon capitatum, Rhodotorula glutinis, and Cryptococcus laurentii were compared with zymosan and beta-1,3-glucan for their ability to ..
- Characterization of micro-organisms isolated from dairy industry after cleaning and fogging disinfection with alkyl amine and peracetic acidE Bore
Department of Chemistry, Biotechnology and Food Science, Agricultural University of Norway, As, Norway
J Appl Microbiol 98:96-105. 2005..To characterize micro-organisms isolated from Norwegian dairy production plants after cleaning and fogging disinfection with alkyl amine/peracetic acid and to indicate reasons for survival...
- Indoor air studies of fungi contamination at the Neonatal Department and Intensive Care Unit an Palliative Care in Kavala Hospital in GreeceE Krajewska-Kułak
Department of General Nursing, Mycological Laboratory, Medical University of Białystok, Poland
Adv Med Sci 52:11-4. 2007..The assessment of the indoor air and walls contamination of fungi at the Kavala Hospital in Greece was made...
- Relative incidence of ascomycetous yeasts in arctic coastal environmentsLorena Butinar
Wine Research Centre, University of Nova Gorica, Vipavska 11c, 5270 Ajdovščina, Slovenia
Microb Ecol 61:832-43. 2011..Together with the basidiomycetes Cryptococcus liquefaciens and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa, these yeasts represent the stable core of the subglacial yeast communities...
- Antifungal activities of propolis collected by different races of honeybees against yeasts isolated from patients with superficial mycosesSibel Silici
Erciyes University, Safiye Cikrikcioglu Vocational College, Department of Animal Science, Kayseri, Turkey
J Pharmacol Sci 99:39-44. 2005..The results showed that Candida albicans, C. glabrata, Trichosporon spp., and Rhodotorula sp. were susceptible to low concentrations of propolis, the latter showing a higher susceptibility...
- Oil production by oleaginous yeasts using the hydrolysate from pretreatment of wheat straw with dilute sulfuric acidXiaochen Yu
Department of Biological Systems Engineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6120, USA
Bioresour Technol 102:6134-40. 2011..Five oleaginous yeast strains, Cryptococcus curvatus, Rhodotorula glutinis, Rhodosporidium toruloides, Lipomyces starkeyi, and Yarrowia lipolytica, were evaluated by using this ..
- [Fungal spores in the environment of the asthmatic patient in a semi-desert area of Mexico]Verónica Araceli Martínez Ordaz
Unidad de Investigacion en Epidemiologia Clinica, Centro Medico Nacional Torreon, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico
Rev Alerg Mex 49:2-7. 2002..To analyze the frequency and type of fungal spores in the habitat of sensitized asthmatic patients, its relationship with skin test reactivity to fungi and indoor factors favoring the fungi development...
- Cu,Zn superoxide dismutase in Rhodotorula and Udeniomyces spp. isolated from sea water: cloning and sequencing the encoding regionNorma Y Hernandez-Saavedra
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas del Noroeste, Marine Pathology Section, Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, PO Box 128, La Paz, BCS 23000, Mexico
Yeast 20:479-92. 2003..In Rhodotorula mucilaginosa the deduced amino acid sequence shows that insertion of three bases (C(112), A(149) and C(166)) ..
- Rhodotorula aurantiaca penicillin V acylase: active site characterization and fluorometric studiesAtul Kumar
Division of Biochemical Sciences, National Chemical Laboratory, Dr Homi Bhabha Road, Pune 411 008, India
J Photochem Photobiol B 97:109-16. 2009..Active site characterization of recently purified monomeric PVA from Rhodotorula aurantiaca (Ra-PVA), the yeast source, showed the involvement of serine and tryptophan in the enzyme activity...
- Genetic analysis of D-xylose metabolism by endophytic yeast strains of Rhodotorula graminis and Rhodotorula mucilaginosaPing Xu
School of Forest Resources, College of the Environment, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Genet Mol Biol 34:471-8. 2011..These two strains, belonging to the species Rhodotorula graminis and R...
- Moulds and yeasts in fruit salads and fruit juicesV H Tournas
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition HFS 315, Food and Drug Administration, College Park, MD 20740, USA
Food Microbiol 23:684-8. 2006..Frequently encountered yeasts were Pichia spp., Candida pulcherrima, C. lambica, C. sake, Rhodotorula spp., and Debaryomyces polymorphus. Low numbers of Penicillium spp...
- [Polygalacturonase enzyme production from bacterial isolated from raw milk and green and black olives]Farida Bekhouche
Laboratoire de génie microbiologique et applications, Département des Sciences de la Nature et de la Vie, Université de Mentouri, Algerie
Can J Microbiol 52:658-63. 2006..5% lemon pectin. All strains synthesized an extracellular polygalacturonase. Rhodotorula sp. ONRh9 (0.44 U x mL(-1)) and Leuconostoc sp. LLn1 (0...
- Decaying wood in tree trunk hollows as a natural substrate for Cryptococcus neoformans and other yeast-like fungi of clinical interestH S Randhawa
Department of Medical Mycology, Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, University of Delhi, India
Mycopathologia 151:63-9. 2001..guilliermondii, C. krusei, C. tropicalis, C. zeylanoides, Trichosporon cutaneum, Rhodotorula mucilaginosa, R. glutinis, Geotrichum capitatum, G. klebahnii and Sporobolomyces salmonicolor...
- Conversion of the dimeric D-amino acid oxidase from Rhodotorula gracilis to a monomeric form. A rational mutagenesis approachLuciano Piubelli
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, University of Insubria, via J H Dunant 3, 21100 Varese, Italy
FEBS Lett 526:43-8. 2002The relevance of the dimeric state for the structure/function relationships of Rhodotorula gracilis D-amino acid oxidase (RgDAAO) holoenzyme has been investigated by rational mutagenesis...
- Rhodotorula benthica sp. nov. and Rhodotorula calyptogenae sp. nov., novel yeast species from animals collected from the deep-sea floor, and Rhodotorula lysiniphila sp. nov., which is related phylogeneticallyTakahiko Nagahama
Deep sea Microorganism Research Group, Japan Marine Science and Technology Center JAMSTEC, 2 15 Natsushima cho, Yokosuka 237 0061, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:897-903. 2003Three novel species of the genus Rhodotorula are described. Rhodotorula benthica sp. nov. (type strain JCM 10901(T) = SY-91(T)) and Rhodotorula calyptogenae sp. nov...
- [The absence of direct relationship between the ability of yeasts to grow at elevated temperatures and their survival after lethal heat shock]E G Rikhvanov
Siberian Institute of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Siberian Division, Russian Academy of Sciences, ul Lermontova 132, Irkutsk, 664033 Russia
Mikrobiologiia 72:476-81. 2003The study of the growth of the yeasts Rhodotorula rubra, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, and Debaryomyces vanriji at elevated temperatures and their survival after transient lethal heat shock showed that the ability of these yeasts to grow at ..
- Essential interactions between Thiobacillus ferrooxidans and heterotrophic microorganisms during a wastewater sludge bioleaching processD Fournier
Institut National de la recherche scientifique INRS Eau, Universite, du Québec, 2800 rue Einstein, Sainte Foy, Quebec, Canada, G1V 4C7
Environ Pollut 101:303-9. 1998..The addition of a sediment. Rhodotorula rubra isolate or a strain of T...
- Correlation between the physicochemical properties of organic solvents and their biocompatibility toward epoxide hydrolase activity in whole-cells of a yeast, Rhodotorula spJeanette Lotter
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, North West University, Private Bag X6001, 2520 Potchefstroom, South Africa
Biotechnol Lett 26:1191-5. 2004..of 40 water-miscible and -immiscible organic solvents on epoxide hydrolase activity in whole-cells of the yeast Rhodotorula sp. UOFS Y-0448 was investigated...
- Hydrolytic kinetic resolution of the enantiomers of the structural isomers trans -1-phenylpropene oxide and (2,3-epoxypropyl)benzene by yeast epoxide hydrolaseJeanette Lotter
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, North West University, Private Bag X6001, 2520 Potchefstroom, South Africa
Biotechnol Lett 26:1197-200. 2004..enantiomers of trans -1-phenylpropene oxide and (2,3-epoxypropyl)benzene was achieved by yeasts from the genus Rhodotorula. The resolution of trans -1-phenylpropene oxide by Rhodotorula glutinis UOFS Y-0123 yielded (1R,2R)-epoxide (ee ..
- Rhodotorula cycloclastica sp. nov., Rhodotorula retinophila sp. nov., and Rhodotorula terpenoidalis sp. nov., three limonene-utilizing yeasts isolated from soilVu Nguyen Thanh
Department of Microbial, Biochemical and Food Biotechnology, University of the Free State, P O Box 339, Bloemfontein 9300, South Africa
FEMS Yeast Res 4:857-63. 2004..sequences of basidiomycetous yeasts showed that these strains represented three hitherto unknown species of Rhodotorula and fell in a cluster consisting of Rhodotorula philyla and the mycoparasitic fungus Colacogloea peniophorae...
- [Carotenoids and fatty acids in red yeasts Sporobolomyces roseus and Rhodotorula glutinis]P Davoli
Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol 40:460-5. 2004b>Rhodotorula glutinis and Sporobolomyces roseus, grown under different aeration regimes, showed differential responses in their carotenoid content...
- Synergistic effects of combining biocontrol agents with silicon against postharvest diseases of jujube fruitShiping Tian
Key Laboratory of Photosynthesis and Environmental Molecular Physiology, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100093, China
J Food Prot 68:544-50. 2005The synergistic effects of biocontrol yeasts Cryptococcus laurentii and Rhodotorula glutinis combined with silicon (Si) against Alternaria alternata and Penicillium expansum molds were investigated in jujube fruit (Chinese date, Zizyphus ..
- Phospholipase activity of yeasts from wild birds and possible implications for human diseaseC Cafarchia
Department of Veterinary Public Health, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Med Mycol 46:429-34. 2008..guilliermondii and Cryptococcus neoformans after 5 days of Pr.t. Ph.a. was never found in Rhodotorula rubra isolates recovered from the cloacae of wild birds. Isolates (73...
- Production of curcuminoids by Escherichia coli carrying an artificial biosynthesis pathwayYohei Katsuyama
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Microbiology 154:2620-8. 2008..curcuminoid biosynthetic pathway, including reactions of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase (PAL) from the yeast Rhodotorula rubra, 4-coumarate : CoA ligase (4CL) from Lithospermum erythrorhizon and curcuminoid synthase (CUS) from rice (..
- Bioactive lipopeptides of ice-nucleating snow bacterium Pseudomonas syringae strain 31R1Alberto Fiore
Dipartimento di Scienza degli Alimenti, Universita di Napoli, Portici, Italy
FEMS Microbiol Lett 286:158-65. 2008..Peptin31 displayed antifungal activities against Rhodotorula pilimanae, Rhizoctonia solani, and Trichoderma harzianum and also hemolytic and antibacterial activities...
- Meningitis due to Rhodotorula glutinis in an HIV infected patientR S Shinde
Department of Microbiology, Belgaum Institute of Medical Sciences, District Hospital Compound, Belgaum, Karnataka, India
Indian J Med Microbiol 26:375-7. 2008b>Rhodotorula spp, though considered a common saprophyte, recently has been reported as causative agent of opportunistic mycoses...
- Characterization of three endophytic, indole-3-acetic acid-producing yeasts occurring in Populus treesGang Xin
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Mycol Res 113:973-80. 2009..The isolate from wild cottonwood was identified to be closest to species Rhodotorula graminis. The two isolates from hybrid poplar were identified to be species Rhodotorula mucilaginosa...
- The transcriptional activator rfiA is quorum-sensing regulated by cotranscription with the luxI homolog pcoI and is essential for plant virulence in Pseudomonas corrugataGrazia Licciardello
Science and Technology Park of Sicily, Catania, Italy
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 22:1514-22. 2009..and mutants of pcoI, pcoR, and rfiA are unable to inhibit the growth of the LDP-sensitive microorganisms Rhodotorula pilimanae and Bacillus megaterium. P...
- The dynamics of the yeast community of the Tagus river estuary: testing the hypothesis of the multiple origins of estuarine yeastsMarco A Coelho
Centro de Recursos Microbiológicos, Departamento de Ciências da Vida, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2829 516 Caparica, Portugal
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 98:331-42. 2010..Another major yeast population was represented by Rhodotorula mucilaginosa. The cosmopolitan nature of that species and its moderate association with E...
- Rhodotorula taiwanensis sp. nov., a novel yeast species from a plant in TaiwanChien Hsun Huang
Bioresource Collection and Research Center, Food Industry Research and Development Institute, Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 99:297-302. 2011A novel anamorphic yeast strain, A1-01(T), belonging to the genus Rhodotorula was isolated from a plant in Taiwan and analysed morphologically, physiologically and phylogenetically...
- Separation, hydrolysis and fermentation of pyrolytic sugars to produce ethanol and lipidsJieni Lian
Biological Systems Engineering Department, Washington State University, WA 99164, USA
Bioresour Technol 101:9688-99. 2010..cerevisiae to produce ethanol, and Cryptococcus curvatus and Rhodotorula glutinis to produce lipids. Yields as high as 0.473 g ethanol/g glucose and 0.167 g lipids/g sugar (0...
- Analyzing the D-amino acid content in biological samples by engineered enzymesLuca Frattini
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie e Scienze Molecolari, Universita degli Studi dell Insubria, Varese, Italy
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 879:3235-9. 2011The aim of our present research is to produce mutant forms of D-amino acid oxidase from Rhodotorula gracilis in order to determine D-amino acid content in different biological samples...
- Fungemia due to Rhodotorula mucilaginosa after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantationT Mori
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Transpl Infect Dis 14:91-4. 2012b>Rhodotorula species have been increasingly recognized as emerging pathogens, particularly in immunocompromised patients...
- Characterization of butter spoiling yeasts and their inhibition by some spicesOsman Sagdic
Erciyes Univ, Engineering Faculty, Dept of Food Engineering, 38039 Kayseri, Turkey
J Food Sci 75:M597-603. 2010..kefyr, C. zeylanoides, and C. lambica-and with moderate number of isolates belonging to genera Cryptococcus, Rhodotorula, Saccharomyces, and Zygosaccharomyces. Black cumin exhibited the highest antiyeast activity against C...
- Use of several waste substrates for carotenoid-rich yeast biomass productionI Marova
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Chemistry, Centre for Materials Research, Purkynova 118, 612 00 Brno, Czech Republic
J Environ Manage 95:S338-42. 2012..In this work several red yeast strains (Sporobolomyces roseus, Rhodotorula glutinis, Rhodotorula mucilaginosa) were enrolled into a comparative screening study...
- Cryptococcus neoformans isolation from swallow (Hirundo rustica) excreta in IranMohammad T Hedayati
Department of Medical Mycology and Parasitology, School of Medicine, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 53:125-7. 2011..Ninety-seven swallow droppings were evaluated and 498 yeast-like colonies were isolated and identified as Rhodotorula spp. (62.8%), Candida spp. (28.5%)and C. neoformans (8.7%). Cryptococcus neoformans was isolated from 5/97 (5...
- Extremophilic yeasts: plasma-membrane fluidity as determinant of stress toleranceMartina Turk
Department of Biology, Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Vecna pot 111, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Fungal Biol 115:950-8. 2011..Halotolerant Aureobasidium pullulans from salterns, and Arctic Cryptococcus liquefaciens and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa with moderately fluctuating plasma membranes of intermediate fluidity are representatives of ..
- Evaluation of the Yeast Traffic Light PNA FISH probes for identification of Candida species from positive blood culturesLeslie Hall
Division of Clinical Microbiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Clin Microbiol 50:1446-8. 2012..Discordant results were seen with known cross-reacting species and cultures containing Candida lambica and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa...
- Optimization and correlation of HPLC-ELSD and HPLC-MS/MS methods for identification and characterization of sophorolipidsIsabel A Ribeiro
Research Institute for Medicines and Pharmaceutical Sciences i Med UL, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon, Av Prof Gama Pinto, 1649 003 Lisboa, Portugal
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 899:72-80. 2012..methods were implemented and optimized to separate and identify sophorolipids (SLs) produced by Rhodotorula bogoriensis and Starmerella bombicola...
- Production of torularhodin, torulene, and β-carotene by Rhodotorula yeastsMartín Moline
Laboratorio de Microbiología Aplicada y Biotecnología Bariloche, INIBIOMA CONICET Universidad del COMAHUE, San Carlos de Bariloche, Rio Negro, Argentina
Methods Mol Biol 898:275-83. 2012Yeasts of the genera Rhodotorula are able to synthesize different pigments of high economic value like β-carotene, torulene, and torularhodin, and therefore represent a biotechnologically interesting group of yeasts...
- Chemical composition and antioxidative activity of Echinophora platyloba DC. essential oil, and its interaction with natural antimicrobials against food-borne pathogens and spoilage organismsS Siavash Saei-Dehkordi
Department of Food Hygiene and Quality Control, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Shahrekord University, Shahrekord 34141, Iran
J Food Sci 77:M631-7. 2012..Salmonella typhimurium, Escherichia coli O157:H7, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Candida albicans, Candida tropicalis, Rhodotorula rubra, and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa...
- Rhodotorula minuta fungemia in a ewe lambC G Chitko-McKown
USDA ARS, U S Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, NE, USA
Transbound Emerg Dis 61:e76-8. 2014..The unknown fungal sequence aligned with 100% identity to Rhodotorula minuta an emerging opportunistic pathogen...
- Survey of mycotic mastitis in dairy cows from Heilongjiang Province, ChinaYulong Zhou
Animal Technology College, Heilongjiang Bayi Agricultural University, No 2, Xinyang Road, Sartu District, Daqing, 163319, Heilongjiang Province, China
Trop Anim Health Prod 45:1709-14. 2013..4 %), Trichosporon (5.9 %), Aspergillus (7.1 %), Cryptococcus (2.4 %), and Rhodotorula (4.1 %)...
- Determination and differentiation of triacylglycerol molecular species in Antarctic and non-Antarctic yeasts by atmospheric pressure-chemical ionization-mass spectrometryMohammad Bhuiyan
School of Science and Technology, University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351, Australia
J Microbiol Methods 94:249-56. 2013..preference was for oleic acid 18:1>palmitoleic acid 16:1, in Candida albicans, Cryptococcus humicolus and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa 18:1>linoleic acid 18:2 and in Zygosaccharomyces rouxii 18:2>18:1...
- In vitro antioxidant and antifungal properties of essential oils obtained from aromatic herbs endemic to the southeast of SpainYolanda Ruiz-Navajas
IPOA Research Group UMH 1 and REVIV Generalitat Valenciana, Agrofood Technology Department, Escuela Politecnica Superior de Orihuela, Univ Miguel Hernandez, Crta Beniel km 3 2, E 03312 Orihuela Alicante, Spain
J Food Prot 76:1218-25. 2013..5 μl/ml) for the yeasts Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Debaryomyces hansenii, Rhodotorula mucilaginosa, and Pichia carsonii. As regards antifungal activity, S...
- Structural basis of stereospecific reduction by quinuclidinone reductaseDaijiro Takeshita
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
AMB Express 4:6. 2014..efficiently synthesized from 3-quinuclidinone by using NADPH-dependent 3-quinuclidinone reductase (RrQR) from Rhodotorula rubra. Here, we report the crystal structure of RrQR and the structure-based mutational analysis...
- Microbial diversity and dynamics of Spanish-style green table-olive fermentations in large manufacturing companies through culture-dependent techniquesHelena Lucena-Padrós
Departamento de Biotecnologia de Alimentos, Instituto de la Grasa, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Avda Padre Garcia Tejero, 4, Aptdo 1078, 41012 Sevilla, Spain
Food Microbiol 42:154-65. 2014..Candida butyri/asseri and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa had not been described before from Spanish-style preparations, while Saturnispora mendoncae was ..
- A simple mathematical model that describes the growth of the area and the number of total and viable cells in yeast coloniesE M Rivas
CEI Campus Moncloa, UCM UPM, Madrid, Spain Departamento de Microbiología III, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Lett Appl Microbiol 59:594-603. 2014..and viable cells of 600 colonies of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Debaryomyces fabryi, Zygosaccharomyces rouxii and Rhodotorula glutinis have been measured...
- Lipid production by pure and mixed cultures of Chlorella pyrenoidosa and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa isolated in Nuevo Leon, MexicoRaúl Reyna-Martínez
Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, San Nicolas de los Garza, N L Nuevo León, Mexico
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 175:354-9. 2015..In the present research, lipid production by two species, microalgae Chlorella pyrenoidosa and yeast Rhodotorula mucilaginosa was assessed, independently and in mixed culture to evaluate a possible synergy...
- Spatial, temporal, and quantitative manipulation of intracellular hydrogen peroxide in cultured cellsIshraq Alim
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, The Burke Medical Research Institute, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, White Plains, New York, USA
Methods Enzymol 547:251-73. 2014..endogenous H2O2 is through the expression of peroxide-producing enzyme d-amino acid oxidase (DAAO from Rhodotorula gracilis lacking a peroxisomal targeting sequence)...
- Synthesis of functionalized 3-, 5-, 6- and 8-aminoquinolines via intermediate (3-pyrrolin-1-yl)- and (2-oxopyrrolidin-1-yl)quinolines and evaluation of their antiplasmodial and antifungal activityStéphanie Vandekerckhove
SynBioC Research Group, Department of Sustainable Organic Chemistry and Technology, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, B 9000, Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Med Chem 92:91-102. 2015..falciparum. Antifungal assessment of (hydroxyalkylamino)quinolines revealed three compounds with promising MIC values against Rhodotorula bogoriensis and one compound with potent activity against Aspergillus flavus.
- Development of Antifungals of Clinical ImportanceAMRIT JUDD; Fiscal Year: 2004..Preliminary studies have shown that several peptides from our chemical library have antifungal activity against Rhodotorula pilimanae, a nonpathogenic fungus...
- MICROBIAL IRON METABOLISMJOHN NEILANDS; Fiscal Year: 1991..and molecular biological methods will be used for the study of iron absorption in two enteric bacterial species, Escherichia coli and Salmonella typhimurium, and in the single-celled basidiomycetous fungus, Rhodotorula pilimanae.
- High through-put detection of fungal pathogensJACK FELL; Fiscal Year: 2004..Resulting data will be disseminated via GenBank, publications in leading scientific journals and as an inexpensive commercial detection system. ..
- Enzymatic Mechanisms of Two Pyrimidine DecarboxylasesJeffrey Smiley; Fiscal Year: 2003..adequate protein purification will allow N-terminal amino acid sequencing, leading to the design of oligonucleotide probes that will be used in an attempt to locate the IDCase gene in a cDNA library of genes from Rhodotorula glutinis.