Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA
Alias: Geobacter sulfurreducens str. PCA, Geobacter sulfurreducens strain PCA
- Biochemical and genetic characterization of PpcA, a periplasmic c-type cytochrome in Geobacter sulfurreducensJon R Lloyd
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Biochem J 369:153-61. 2003....
- Genetic characterization of a single bifunctional enzyme for fumarate reduction and succinate oxidation in Geobacter sulfurreducens and engineering of fumarate reduction in Geobacter metallireducensJessica E Butler
Department of Microbiology, 203 Morrill Science Center IVN, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
J Bacteriol 188:450-5. 2006..These results demonstrate that, unlike previously described organisms, G. sulfurreducens and possibly G. metallireducens use the same enzyme for both fumarate reduction and succinate oxidation in vivo...
- Photochemical reactions between mercury (Hg) and dissolved organic matter decrease Hg bioavailability and methylationHong Wei Luo
Environmental Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831, USA Department of Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, 230026, China
Environ Pollut 220:1359-1365. 2017..e. reactive) Hg and up to an 80% decrease in MeHg production by the methylating bacterium Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA. Loss of reactive Hg proceeded at a faster rate with a decrease in the Hg to DOM ratio and is ..
- Determination of thiol functional groups on bacteria and natural organic matter in environmental systemsBalaji Rao
Environmental Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831, United States
Talanta 119:240-7. 2014..The method was successful in determining thiols in a bacterium Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA and its mutants in a phosphate buffered saline solution. The measured value of ~2...
- Structures of the PutA peripheral membrane flavoenzyme reveal a dynamic substrate-channeling tunnel and the quinone-binding siteHarkewal Singh
Departments of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:3389-94. 2014..The location of the quinone site implies that the concave surface of the PutA dimer approaches the membrane. Altogether, these results provide insight into how PutAs couple proline oxidation to quinone reduction...
- Geobacter anodireducens sp. nov., an exoelectrogenic microbe in bioelectrochemical systemsDan Sun
State Key Laboratory of Clean Energy Utilization, Department of Energy Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, PR China State Key Laboratory of Urban Water Resource and Environment, Harbin Institute of Technology SKLUWRE, HIT, Harbin 150090, PR China
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 64:3485-91. 2014..indicated that the isolate was a member of the genus Geobacter, with the closest known relative being Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA(T) (98% similarity)...
- A trans-outer membrane porin-cytochrome protein complex for extracellular electron transfer by Geobacter sulfurreducens PCAYimo Liu
Fundamental and Computational Sciences Directorate, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA, 99352, USA
Environ Microbiol Rep 6:776-85. 2014..sulfurreducens PCA to reduce Fe(III)-citrate and ferrihydrite. Complementation with the ombB-omaB-omcB gene cluster restored the ability of G. sulfurreducens PCA to reduce Fe(III)-citrate and ferrihydrite. ..
- Geobacter soli sp. nov., a dissimilatory Fe(III)-reducing bacterium isolated from forest soilShungui Zhou
Guangdong Institute of Eco Environmental and Soil Sciences, Guangzhou 510650, PR China
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 64:3786-91. 2014..analyses based on 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed that strain GSS01(T) was most closely related to Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA(T) (98.3% sequence similarity) and exhibited low similarities (94.9-91...
- Coupled mercury-cell sorption, reduction, and oxidation on methylmercury production by Geobacter sulfurreducens PCAHui Lin
Environmental Sciences Division and Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831, United States
Environ Sci Technol 48:11969-76. 2014..These results suggest that the coupled cell-Hg sorption and redox transformations are important in controlling the rates of Hg uptake and methylation by G. sulfurreducens PCA in anoxic environments. ..
- The structure of PccH from Geobacter sulfurreducens - a novel low reduction potential monoheme cytochrome essential for accepting electrons from an electrodeJoana M Dantas
UCIBIO REQUIMTE, Departamento de Quimica, Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Caparica, Portugal
FEBS J 282:2215-31. 2015....
- Multiple paths of electron flow to current in microbial electrolysis cells fed with low and high concentrations of propionateAnanda Rao Hari
Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering Division, Water Desalination and Reuse Research Center, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Thuwal, 23955 6900, Saudi Arabia
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 100:5999-6011. 2016..Analysis of 16S rRNA gene pyrosequencing revealed the dominance of sequences most similar to Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA and G. sulfurreducens subsp. ethanolicus...
- Fractionation of Mercury Stable Isotopes during Microbial Methylmercury Production by Iron- and Sulfate-Reducing BacteriaSarah E Janssen
Department of Environmental Sciences, Rutgers University, 14 College Farm Road, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, United States
Environ Sci Technol 50:8077-83. 2016..of Hg stable isotopes during Hg methylation in nongrowing cultures of the anaerobic bacteria Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA and Desulfovibrio desulfuricans ND132...
- Global Proteome Response to Deletion of Genes Related to Mercury Methylation and Dissimilatory Metal Reduction Reveals Changes in Respiratory Metabolism in Geobacter sulfurreducens PCAChen Qian
Chemical Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831, United States
J Proteome Res 15:3540-3549. 2016b>Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA can reduce, sorb, and methylate mercury (Hg); however, the underlying biochemical mechanisms of these processes and interdependent metabolic pathways remain unknown...
- Mercury reduction and cell-surface adsorption by Geobacter sulfurreducens PCAHaiyan Hu
State Key Laboratory of Organic Geochemistry, Guangzhou Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510640, China
Environ Sci Technol 47:10922-30. 2013..e., reduction and surface binding, could be important in controlling Hg species transformation and bioavailability and should therefore be considered in microbial Hg(II) uptake and methylation studies. ..
- Analysis of enhanced current-generating mechanism of Geobacter sulfurreducens strain via model-driven metabolism simulationJing Meng
State Key Laboratory of Bioelectronics, Southeast University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e73907. 2013..and selected Fe(iii) as a substitute for the electrode to simulate current-generating metabolism of Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA with a fixed acetate uptake rate...
- The impact of ionic mercury on antioxidant defenses in two mercury-sensitive anaerobic bacteriaYingjiao Wang
Department of Biology, Clark University, 15 Maywood Street, Worcester, MA, 01610, USA
Biometals 26:1023-31. 2013..MR1 in either fumarate reducing conditions or aerobic conditions, although thioredoxin is oxidized in Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA in response to Hg(II) treatment. However, treatment with 0...
- Reduction of palladium and production of nano-catalyst by Geobacter sulfurreducensAurora M Pat-Espadas
Division de Ciencias Ambientales, Instituto Potosino de Investigacion Cientifica y Tecnologica IPICyT, Camino a la Presa San Jose 2055, Col Lomas 4ª Sección, C P 78216, San Luis Potosi, SLP, Mexico
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 97:9553-60. 2013The present study is the first report on the ability of Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA to reduce Pd(II) and produce Pd(0) nano-catalyst, using acetate as electron donor at neutral pH (7.0 ± 0.1) and 30 °C...
- Geobacter sulfurreducens subsp. ethanolicus, subsp. nov., an ethanol-utilizing dissimilatory Fe(III)-reducing bacterium from a lotus fieldSamson Viulu
United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Gifu University
J Gen Appl Microbiol 59:325-34. 2013..Phylogenetic analysis of the 16S rRNA gene sequences of OSK2A(T) and related strains placed it within Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA(T)...
- Novel reduction of mercury (II) by mercury-sensitive dissimilatory metal reducing bacteriaHeather A Wiatrowski
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Cook College, Rutgers University, 76 Lipman Drive, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Environ Sci Technol 40:6690-6. 2006..b>Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA and Geobacter metallireducens GS-15 reduced Hg(II) to Hg(0) with activity comparable to MR-1; however, ..
- Identification and characterization of the gene encoding the Acidobacterium capsulatum major sigma factorZakee L Sabree
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Gene 376:144-51. 2006..a predicted sequence highly similar to the major sigma factors of Solibacter usitatus Ellin6076 and Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA. Purified hexahistidine-tagged RpoD migrates at approximately 70 kDa under SDS-PAGE conditions, which ..
- A new soluble 10kDa monoheme cytochrome c-552 from the anammox bacterium Candidatus "Kuenenia stuttgartiensis"Irina E Y Cirpus
Kluyver Laboratory for Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
FEMS Microbiol Lett 252:273-8. 2005..The gene organization of the cytochrome showed some resemblance to cytochrome c clusters of unknown function in the genome of Nitrosomonas europaea and Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA.
- The genetic basis for bacterial mercury methylationJerry M Parks
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831, USA
Science 339:1332-5. 2013..cluster, hgcA and hgcB, required for mercury methylation by Desulfovibrio desulfuricans ND132 and Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA. In either bacterium, deletion of hgcA, hgcB, or both genes abolishes mercury methylation...
- Genome-wide analysis of the RpoN regulon in Geobacter sulfurreducensChing Leang
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
BMC Genomics 10:331. 2009....
- Lactate oxidation coupled to iron or electrode reduction by Geobacter sulfurreducens PCADouglas F Call
Hydrogen Energy Center and Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, 212 Sackett Building, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:8791-4. 2011b>Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA completely oxidized lactate and reduced iron or an electrode, producing pyruvate and acetate intermediates. Compared to the current produced by Shewanella oneidensis MR-1, G...
- A c-type cytochrome and a transcriptional regulator responsible for enhanced extracellular electron transfer in Geobacter sulfurreducens revealed by adaptive evolutionPier Luc Tremblay
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
Environ Microbiol 13:13-23. 2011....
- Isolation and characterization of a soluble NADPH-dependent Fe(III) reductase from Geobacter sulfurreducensF Kaufmann
Department of Microbiology, Morrill Science Center, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
J Bacteriol 183:4468-76. 2001..This soluble Fe(III) reductase differs significantly from previously characterized dissimilatory and assimilatory Fe(III) reductases in its molecular composition and cofactor content...
- Geobacter sulfurreducens contains separate C- and A-adding tRNA nucleotidyltransferases and a poly(A) polymerasePatricia Bralley
Department of Biology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30319, USA
J Bacteriol 191:109-14. 2009..sulfurreducens rRNAs and mRNAs revealed the presence of heteropolymeric RNA 3' tails. This is the first characterization of a bacterial system that expresses separate C- and A-adding tRNA nucleotidyltransferases and a poly(A) polymerase...
- Polar lipid fatty acids, LPS-hydroxy fatty acids, and respiratory quinones of three Geobacter strains, and variation with electron acceptorD B Hedrick
Microbial Insights, Inc, 2340 Stock Creek Blvd, Rockford, TN, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 36:205-9. 2009..Some variation in lipid profiles with strain were observed, but not with electron acceptor...
- Comparison of electrode reduction activities of Geobacter sulfurreducens and an enriched consortium in an air-cathode microbial fuel cellShun ichi Ishii
Institute for Biological Resource and Functions, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8566, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:7348-55. 2008An electricity-generating bacterium, Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA, was inoculated into a single-chamber, air-cathode microbial fuel cell (MFC) in order to determine the maximum electron transfer rate from bacteria to the anode...
- Use of atomic force microscopy and transmission electron microscopy for correlative studies of bacterial capsulesOleg Stukalov
Department of Physics, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:5457-65. 2008..bacterial strains: Escherichia coli K30, Pseudomonas aeruginosa FRD1, Shewanella oneidensis MR-4, and Geobacter sulfurreducens PCA. TEM analysis of bacterial cells using different preparative techniques (whole-cell mounts, ..
- RcoM: a new single-component transcriptional regulator of CO metabolism in bacteriaRobert L Kerby
Department of Bacteriology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Bacteriol 190:3336-43. 2008..The genetic linkage of rcoM with both aerobic (cox) and anaerobic (coo) CO oxidation systems suggests that in different organisms RcoM proteins may control either regulon type...
- Elucidation of an alternate isoleucine biosynthesis pathway in Geobacter sulfurreducensCarla Risso
Department of Microbiology, 203N Morrill Science Center IVN, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
J Bacteriol 190:2266-74. 2008..The citramalate synthase of G. sulfurreducens constitutes the first characterized member of a phylogenetically distinct clade of citramalate synthases, which contains representatives from a wide variety of microorganisms...
- Heterologous expression of dodecaheme "nanowire" cytochromes c from Geobacter sulfurreducensYuri Y Londer
Biosciences Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
Protein Expr Purif 47:241-8. 2006..Their visible spectra were typical of c-type cytochromes. Both proteins were successfully crystallized...
- Structural and biochemical characterization of DHC2, a novel diheme cytochrome c from Geobacter sulfurreducensDaniel Heitmann
Institut fur Mikrobiologie und Genetik, Abteilung Molekulare Strukturbiologie, Georg August Universitat Gottingen, Justus von Liebig Weg 11, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
Biochemistry 44:12411-9. 2005....
- Characterization of citrate synthase from Geobacter sulfurreducens and evidence for a family of citrate synthases similar to those of eukaryotes throughout the GeobacteraceaeDaniel R Bond
Biotechnology Institute, University of Minnesota, 140 Gortner, 1479 Gortner Ave, St Paul, MN 55108
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:3858-65. 2005....
- Structure of a novel c7-type three-heme cytochrome domain from a multidomain cytochrome c polymerP Raj Pokkuluri
Biosciences Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
Protein Sci 13:1684-92. 2004..As a result, the corresponding heme could have a higher potential than the other two hemes. The apparent midpoint reduction potential, E(app), of domain C is -105 mV, 50 mV higher than that of PpcA...
- Family of cytochrome c7-type proteins from Geobacter sulfurreducens: structure of one cytochrome c7 at 1.45 A resolutionP Raj Pokkuluri
Biosciences Division, Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, Illinois 60439, USA
Biochemistry 43:849-59. 2004..The packing of the molecules in the crystal structure of PpcA suggests that the polymers have an elongated conformation and might form a "nanowire"...
- Thermophily in the Geobacteraceae: Geothermobacter ehrlichii gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel thermophilic member of the Geobacteraceae from the "Bag City" hydrothermal ventKazem Kashefi
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, 203 Morrill Science Center IVN, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:2985-93. 2003....
- Isolation, characterization and gene sequence analysis of a membrane-associated 89 kDa Fe(III) reducing cytochrome c from Geobacter sulfurreducensT S Magnuson
Department of Microbiology, P O Box 3520, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717 3520, USA
Biochem J 359:147-52. 2001..FerA displayed 20% or less identity with amino acid sequences of other known cytochromes, although it does share some features with characterized polyhaem cytochromes c...
- Plants with increased tolerance and/or resistance to environmental stress and increased biomass productionPatent Number: WO2008142034-A2; Date:2008-11-27
- Plants with increased yieldPatent Number: WO2009037279-A1; Date:2009-03-26
- Plants with increased yieldPatent Number: WO2009037329-A2; Date:2009-03-26
- Lipid metabolism proteins, combinations of lipid metabolism proteins and uses thereofPatent Number: WO2009077406-A1; Date:2009-06-25
- Process for the production of a fine chemicalPatent Number: EP2090662-A2; Date:2009-08-19
- Process for the production of luteinPatent Number: EP2096177-A2; Date:2009-09-02
- Plants with increased yieldPatent Number: WO2009106596-A2; Date:2009-09-03
- Plants with increased yield (lt)Patent Number: WO2010034672-A1; Date:2010-04-01
- Method for producing a transgenic plant cell, a plant or a part thereof with increased resistance biotic stressPatent Number: WO2010037714-A1; Date:2010-04-08
- Plants with increased yield (nue)Patent Number: WO2010046221-A1; Date:2010-04-29
- Process for the production of fine chemicalsPatent Number: EP2194140-A2; Date:2010-06-09
- Process for the control of production of fine chemicalsPatent Number: EP2199304-A1; Date:2010-06-23
- Proteins associated with abiotic stress response and homologsPatent Number: EP2221382-A2; Date:2010-08-25
- RECOMBINANT HOST CELLS COMPRISING PHOSPHOKETOLASESPatent Number: KR1020130117753-A; Date:2013-10-28
- Proteins associated with abiotic stress response and homologsPatent Number: WO2007110314-A; Date:2007-10-04
- Process for the production of a fine chemicalPatent Number: WO2008034648-A1; Date:2008-03-27