- The Type VI secretion system spike protein VgrG5 mediates membrane fusion during intercellular spread by pseudomallei group Burkholderia species
Isabelle J Toesca
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, The University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Infect Immun 82:1436-44. 2014
b>Pseudomallei group Burkholderia species are facultative intracellular parasites that spread efficiently from cell to cell by a mechanism involving the fusion of adjacent cell membranes...
- Use of the phytopathogenic effect for studies of Burkholderia virulence
E V Molchanova
Volgograd Research Plague Control Institute, Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights Protection, Volgograd, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 158:517-9. 2015
The phytopathogenic effect of the pseudomallei group Burkholderia is demonstrated on the Peireskia aculeata model. A method for evaluation of the effect is suggested...
- Distinct colicin M-like bacteriocin-immunity pairs in Burkholderia
Maarten G K Ghequire
Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics, University of Leuven, 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
Sci Rep 5:17368. 2015
..several β-proteobacterial strains belonging to the Burkholderia cepacia complex (Bcc) and the Burkholderia pseudomallei group. Two selected Burkholderia ambifaria proteins, designated burkhocins M1 and M2, were produced recombinantly ..
- Burkholderia humptydooensis sp. nov., a new species related to Burkholderia thailandensis and the fifth member of the pseudomallei complex
Department of Biological Sciences and Center for Microbial Genetics and Genomics, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol . 2016
..humptydooensis sp. nov. in a novel clade within the B. pseudomallei group. MLST analysis of the three isolates in comparison with MLST data from 3,340 B...
- Multilocus sequence typing and evolutionary relationships among the causative agents of melioidosis and glanders, Burkholderia pseudomallei and Burkholderia mallei
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, St Mary s Hospital, London W2 1PG, United Kingdom
J Clin Microbiol 41:2068-79. 2003
..mallei isolates clustered within the B. pseudomallei group of isolates. Alleles at six of the seven loci in B. mallei were also present within B...
- Malleilactone, a polyketide synthase-derived virulence factor encoded by the cryptic secondary metabolome of Burkholderia pseudomallei group pathogens
John B Biggins
Laboratory of Genetically Encoded Small Molecules, The Rockefeller University and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 1230 York Avenue, New York, New York 10068, USA
J Am Chem Soc 134:13192-5. 2012
..b>Pseudomallei group Burkholderia are emerging pathogens whose genomes are particularly rich in cryptic natural product ..
- Bacteraemias in tropical Australia: changing trends over a 10-year period
School of Medicine and Dentistry, James Cook University, Douglas, Queensland 4811, Australia
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 75:266-70. 2013
..05) and in E. coli susceptibility to gentamicin. Organisms isolated that were of relevance to the tropics of Australia included Burkholderia pseudomallei, Group A streptococcus, and Brucella suis...
- Antibacterial activity of a lectin-like Burkholderia cenocepacia protein
Maarten G K Ghequire
Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics, University of Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 20 box 2460, 3001, Heverlee Leuven, Belgium
Microbiologyopen 2:566-75. 2013
..identified in genomes from strains belonging to the Burkholderia cepacia complex (Bcc) and the Burkholderia pseudomallei group. A selected recombinant LlpA-like protein from the human isolate Burkholderia cenocepacia AU1054 displayed ..
- Burkholderia rhizoxinica sp. nov. and Burkholderia endofungorum sp. nov., bacterial endosymbionts of the plant-pathogenic fungus Rhizopus microsporus
Laila P Partida-Martinez
Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology, HKI, Jena, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 57:2583-90. 2007
..94 to 100%, and sequence similarities to members of the Burkholderia pseudomallei group, the closest neighbours, were 96.74-97.38%...