Alias: Staphylococcus hominis Kloos and Schleifer 1975 emend. Kloos et al. 1998
Publications118 found, 100 shown here
- A sequence variant of Staphylococcus hominis with a high prevalence of oxacillin and fluoroquinolone resistanceJ E Fitzgibbon
Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, USA
Res Microbiol 152:805-10. 2001A newly identified subspecies of Staphylococcus hominis, S. hominis subsp. novobiosepticus, was found to be the cause of several invasive infections at a hospital in New Jersey. This subspecies differs from classical S. hominis, now S...
- Identification in methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus hominis of an active primordial mobile genetic element for the staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusYuki Katayama
Department of Bacteriology, Faculty of Medicine, Juntendo University, Tokyo, Japan
J Bacteriol 185:2711-22. 2003..In the present work, we detected homologues of the ccr genes in Staphylococcus hominis type strain GIFU12263 (equivalent to ATCC 27844), which is susceptible to methicillin...
- Differentiation of Staphylococcus spp. by high-resolution melting analysisMichal Slany
Centre for Cardiovascular Surgery and Transplantations, Pekarska 53, 656 91 Brno, Czech Republic
Can J Microbiol 56:1040-9. 2010..Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus caprae, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus intermedius, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus sciuri, Staphylococcus simulans, ..
- Molecular characterization of femA from Staphylococcus hominis and Staphylococcus saprophyticus, and femA-based discrimination of staphylococcal speciesP Vannuffel
Laboratory of Applied Molecular Technology, Brussels, Belgium
Res Microbiol 150:129-41. 1999....
- Use of the VITEK 2 system for rapid identification of clinical isolates of Staphylococci from bloodstream infectionsTeresa Spanu
Institute of Microbiology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 41:4259-63. 2003..Only one strain (0.2%) was misidentified (Staphylococcus hominis as Staphylococcus epidermidis), and four (1%), all S. epidermidis, were not identified...
- Reliable identification of clinically prevalent species and subspecies of staphylococci by sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis analysisOlinda Cabral da Silva Santos
Institute of Microbiology, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 64:1-5. 2009..Except for 5 isolates that presented biochemical profiles of Staphylococcus hominis subsp. hominis, but were identified as S. hominis subsp...
- Normalization of creatine kinase values in a case of rhabdomyolysis during daptomycin treatmentOlivia Ferrández
Department of Pharmacy, Hospital Universitari del Mar, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Indian J Pharmacol 45:193-4. 2013..On day 12, the patient presented an episode of bacteremia due to Staphylococcus hominis. Treatment with vancomycin was initiated and was changed after 4 days to daptomycin due to unsatisfactory ..
- [Nosocomial spread of linezolid-resistant Staphylococcus hominis in two hospitals in Majorca]Enrique Ruiz de Gopegui
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitari Son Espases, Palma de Mallorca, Espana
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 29:339-44. 2011Since March 2008, several linezolid and teicoplanin-resistant Staphylococcus hominis (S. hominis) isolates have been recovered from patients admitted to the two major hospitals on the island of Majorca, Spain...
- icaA is not a useful diagnostic marker for prosthetic joint infectionKristi L Frank
Department of Biochemistry, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:4846-9. 2004..g., Staphylococcus warneri and Staphylococcus hominis) or pathogens (e.g., Staphylococcus lugdunensis)...
- Susceptibility patterns of coagulase-negative staphylococci to several newer antimicrobial agents in comparison with vancomycin and oxacillinJ Ian Stuart
Department of Microbiology, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
Int J Antimicrob Agents 37:248-52. 2011..Daptomycin had good activity against all isolates. Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis subsp...
- Prevalence and persistence of coagulase-negative Staphylococcus species in three dairy research herdsB E Gillespie
Department of Animal Science, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Vet Microbiol 134:65-72. 2009..hyicus (26%), Staphylococcus epidermidis (10%), Staphylococcus simulans (7%), Staphylococcus warneri (2%), Staphylococcus hominis (2%), Staphylococcus saprophyticus (1%), Staphylococcus xylosus (1%), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (<1%),..
- Reactive oxygen species and the bacteriostatic and bactericidal effects of isoconazole nitrateViktor A Czaika
Department of Dermatology, Venereology, and Allergology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Mycoses 56:16-22. 2013..Compared with ampicillin MICs, ISN MICs for Bacillus cereus, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus hominis were lower and ISN MICs for Corynebacterium tuberculostearicum and Streptococcus salivarius were similar...
- Interventions for control of Salmonella: clearance of microbial growth from rubber picker fingersJ W Arnold
USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Russell Research Center, PO Box 5677, Athens, GA 30604 5677, USA
Poult Sci 88:1292-8. 2009..were present: Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, Bacillus cereus/thuringiensis, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis ssp. novobiosepticus, and Staphylococcus intermedius...
- Identification of the nukacin KQU-131, a new type-A(II) lantibiotic produced by Staphylococcus hominis KQU-131 isolated from Thai fermented fish product (Pla-ra)Pongtep Wilaipun
Department of Fishery Products, Faculty of Fisheries, Kasetsart University, Chatuchak, Bangkok, Thailand
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:2232-5. 2008b>Staphylococcus hominis KQU-131, isolated from Thai fermented marine fish, produces a heat stable bacteriocin...
- Comparison of antibiotic resistance, biofilm formation and conjugative transfer of Staphylococcus and Enterococcus isolates from International Space Station and Antarctic Research Station ConcordiaKatarzyna Schiwon
Department of Environmental Microbiology Genetics, Technical University, Berlin, Germany
Microb Ecol 65:638-51. 2013..demonstrated through mating experiments that Staphylococcus haemolyticus F2 (ISS) and the Concordia strain Staphylococcus hominis subsp. hominis G2 can transfer resistance genes to E. faecalis and Staphylococcus aureus, respectively...
- Outbreak of Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus bloodstream infections in São Paulo city, BrazilPedro A d'Azevedo
J Med Microbiol 57:256-7. 2008
- Evolution of nasal carriage of methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci in a remote populationDavid Lebeaux
Bacteriology Unit and French National Reference Center for Bacterial Resistance in Commensal Flora, Diderot Paris 7 University and Bichat Claude Bernard Teaching Hospital Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:315-23. 2012..epidermidis (n = 89, 62 MLVA patterns), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (n = 78), and Staphylococcus hominis (n = 72), exhibited 41 distinct ccr and mec gene complex associations...
- Spontaneous cholecystocutaneous fistula draining from an abdominal scar from previous surgical drainageOrestis Ioannidis
First Surgical Department, General Regional Hospital George Papanikolaou, Thessaloniki, Greece
Ann Ital Chir 83:67-9. 2012..Cultures from the draining fluid grew Staphylococcus hominis, Escherichia coli and Klebsilla pneumoniae and tigecycline 50 mg twice a day was administrated ..
- Co-infection by two linezolid-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci with two different resistance determinantsAnnarita Mazzariol
Department of Pathology and Diagnostics, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Scand J Infect Dis 44:978-81. 2012..The species identification yielded 10 Staphylococcus epidermidis, 3 Staphylococcus hominis, and 1 Staphylococcus capitis...
- [Microbiology of acute exacerbation chronic sinusitis in adults]Wojciech Namysłowski
II Katedra i Klinika Laryngologii Sl AM w Zabrzu
Otolaryngol Pol 58:331-7. 2004..aspirates were; Staphylococcus aureus, Haemophilus influenzae, Escherichia coli, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus hominis, Propionibacterium acnes i Candida albicans...
- Reliability of the MicroScan WalkAway PC21 panel in identifying and detecting oxacillin resistance in clinical coagulase-negative staphylococci strainsA N Olendzki
Departamento de Microbiologia Medica, Instituto de Microbiologia Paulo de Góes, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Av Carlos Chagas Filho, 373, Cidade Universitaria, 21941 590, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 33:29-33. 2014..demonstrated 100 % reliability for the identification of the clinical strains Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis and Staphylococcus cohnii; 98...
- Antibiotic Susceptibility of Biofilm Cells and Molecular Characterisation of Staphylococcus hominis Isolates from BloodSoraya Mendoza-Olazarán
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Hospital Universitario Dr José Eleuterio González, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
PLoS ONE 10:e0144684. 2015..chromosome mec (SCCmec) type, genetic relatedness, biofilm formation and composition, icaADBC genes detection, icaD expression, and antibiotic susceptibility of planktonic and biofilm cells of Staphylococcus hominis isolates from blood.
- Prevalence of Resistant Gram-Negative Bacilli in Bloodstream Infection in Febrile Neutropenia Patients Undergoing Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: A Single Center Retrospective Cohort StudyLing Wang
From the Department of Hematology, Blood and Marrow Transplantation Center, Collaborative Innovation Center of Hematology, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China LW, YW, XF, WT, JH
Medicine (Baltimore) 94:e1931. 2015..As to the GPB, only 3 resistant isolates were documented including 2 methicillin-resistant isolates (Staphylococcus hominis and Arcanobacterium hemolysis) and 1 vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium...
- Molecular basis of resistance to macrolides, lincosamides and streptogramins in Staphylococcus hominis strains isolated from clinical specimensEwa Szczuka
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Biology, Adam Mickiewicz University, ul Umultowska 89, 61 614, Poznan, Poland
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 61:143-7. 2016..Among CoNS, Staphylococcus hominis represents the third most common organism...
- Genotypic Diversity of Methicillin-Resistant Coagulase-Negative Staphylococci Isolated from Inpatients and OutpatientsMalihe Talebi
1 Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Microb Drug Resist 22:147-54. 2016..1%), Staphylococcus simulans (1.6%), Staphylococcus capitis (1.1%), Staphylococcus schleiferi (1.1%), and Staphylococcus hominis (0.5%). The rate of resistance to methicillin was 60% with 58 (50%) S. epidermidis and 55 (49%) S...
- Emergence of methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci resistant to linezolid with rRNA gene C2190T and G2603T mutationsThiago André Cidral
Departamento de Microbiologia e Parasitologia, Laboratorio de Bacteriología Médica, Centro de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, RN
APMIS 123:867-71. 2015..Three linezolid-resistant Staphylococcus hominis and two linezolid-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis strains were analyzed...
- Identification of ABC transporter genes conferring combined pleuromutilin-lincosamide-streptogramin A resistance in bovine methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococciSarah Wendlandt
Institute of Farm Animal Genetics, Friedrich Loeffler Institut FLI, Neustadt Mariensee, Germany
Vet Microbiol 177:353-8. 2015..Two Staphylococcus haemolyticus and single Staphylococcus xylosus, Staphylococcus lentus, and Staphylococcus hominis were vga(A)-positive. Twelve S. aureus, two Staphylococcus warneri, as well as single S. lentus and S...
- Endophthalmitis caused by Staphylococcus hominis and two different colonies of Staphylococcus haemolyticus after cataract surgeryRobert W Wong
Austin Retina Associates, Austin, Texas Department of Surgery, Texas A and M Health Science Center, Bryan, Texas and Lake Travis Eye and Laser Center, Austin, Texas
Retin Cases Brief Rep 9:181-4. 2015To describe a case of endophthalmitis after cataract surgery caused by Staphylococcus hominis and two separate colony types of Staphylococcus haemolyticus.
- Linezolid-resistant Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Staphylococcus hominis: single and double mutations at the domain V of 23S rRNA among isolates from a Rio de Janeiro hospitalRaiane Cardoso Chamon
Instituto de Microbiologia Paulo de Góes, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 80:307-10. 2014..haemolyticus and C2190T and G2603T in Staphylococcus hominis in 23S rRNA. This study demonstrates the spread of a linezolid-resistant S...
- Renal tolerability of teicoplanin in a case of neonatal overdoseV Fanos
Department of Pediatrics University of Verona, Italy
J Chemother 10:381-4. 1998..which recovered within 7 days of life, antibiotic therapy with teicoplanin was started for sepsis due to Staphylococcus hominis. However, for 5 days the dosage was excessive (20 mg/kg twice daily instead of an initial dose of 16 mg/kg ..
- Performance of Vitek 2 for antimicrobial susceptibility testing of Staphylococcus spp. and Enterococcus sppApril M Bobenchik
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Clin Microbiol 52:392-7. 2014..9% categorical agreement (CA). There was one very major error (VME) for gentamicin in a Staphylococcus hominis isolate, six VMEs for inducible clindamycin in S...
- Short communication: Prevalence, antimicrobial resistance, and resistant traits of coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from cheese samples in TurkeyCemil Kurekci
Department of Food Hygiene and Technology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Mustafa Kemal University, Hatay, Turkey Electronic address
J Dairy Sci 99:2675-9. 2016..3%) Staphylococcus saprophyticus, 3 (17.6%) Staphylococcus epidermidis, 2 (11.8%) Staphylococcus hominis, 2 (11.8%) Staphylococcus haemolyticus, 1 (5.9%) Staphylococcus xylosus, 1 (5...
- Identification of compounds inhibiting the C-S lyase activity of a cell extract from a Staphylococcus sp. isolated from human skinM Egert
Henkel AG and Co KGaA, Dusseldorf, Germany Faculty of Medical and Life Sciences, Microbiology and Hygiene group, Hochschule Furtwangen University, Campus Villingen Schwenningen, Villingen Schwenningen, Germany
Lett Appl Microbiol 57:534-9. 2013..The substances identified as C-S lyase inhibitors have the potential to improve the performance of anti-body-odour cosmetic products, for example, ethanol-based deodorants...
- Detection and characterization of erythromycin-resistant methylase genes in Gram-positive bacteria isolated from poultry litterA A Khan
Division of Microbiology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 59:377-81. 2002..2 kb plasmid in Staphylococcus hominis and S. sciuri, on a 6.0 kb plasmid in S. xylosus, and on a 7.0 kb plasmid in S. lentus...
- Whole-genome sequence of Staphylococcus hominis, an opportunistic pathogenSaiping Jiang
Department of Pharmacy, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
J Bacteriol 194:4761-2. 2012b>Staphylococcus hominis is a commensal coagulase-negative species of staphylococci. It has been considered a presumptive and opportunistic pathogen that causes nosocomial infections in humans. Here we present the draft genome sequence of S...
- Characterization of novel phages isolated in coagulase-negative staphylococci reveals evolutionary relationships with Staphylococcus aureus phagesMarie Deghorain
Laboratoire de Génétique et Physiologie Bactérienne, Faculte de Sciences, IBMM, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Gosselies, Belgium
J Bacteriol 194:5829-39. 2012..isolated and sequenced three novel temperate Siphoviridae phages (StB12, StB27, and StB20) from the CoNS Staphylococcus hominis and S. capitis species...
- Phylogeny of bacteria isolated from Rhabditis sp. (Nematoda) and identification of novel entomopathogenic Serratia marcescens strainsJames T Tambong
Bacteriology Unit, Eastern Cereal and Oilseed Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0C6, Canada
Curr Microbiol 66:138-44. 2013..One isolate each matched Pseudomonas mosselii, Rheinheimera aquimaris, Achromobacter marplatensis, or Staphylococcus hominis. Serratia isolates were examined further for their pathogenicity to Galleria mellonella larvae...
- Evaluation of phenotypic methods for methicillin resistance characterization in coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS)Juliana Caierão
Fundacao Faculdade Federal de Ciencias Medicas de Porto Alegre, Rua Sarmento Leite 245 211, Porto Alegre, RS 90050 170, Brazil
J Med Microbiol 53:1195-9. 2004..epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis and Staphylococcus haemolyticus...
- Multilocus sequence typing and further genetic characterization of the enigmatic pathogen, Staphylococcus hominisLiangfen Zhang
Department of Microbiology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e66496. 2013b>Staphylococcus hominis is a commensal resident of human skin and an opportunistic pathogen. The species is subdivided into two subspecies, S. hominis subsp. hominis and S. hominis subsp. novobiosepticus, which are difficult to distinguish...
- Microbiological and molecular characterization of Staphylococcus hominis isolates from bloodSoraya Mendoza-Olazarán
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León Monterrey Nuevo León, Mexico
PLoS ONE 8:e61161. 2013Among Coagulase-Negative Staphylococci (CoNS), Staphylococcus hominis represents the third most common organism recoverable from the blood of immunocompromised patients...
- Bacterial flora and antimicrobial resistance in raw frozen cultured seafood imported to DenmarkGazi M Noor Uddin
Department of Veterinary Disease Biology, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
J Food Prot 76:490-9. 2013..cephalosporins was found in Pseudomonas, a genus naturally resistant to most β-lactam antibiotics, and in Staphylococcus hominis. Half of the isolates were susceptible to all antimicrobials tested...
- Staphylococcus jettensis sp. nov., a coagulase-negative staphylococcal species isolated from human clinical specimensAnnelies De Bel
Department of Microbiology and Infection Control, Universitair Ziekenhuis Brussel, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 63:3250-6. 2013..with the most closely related species of the genus Staphylococcus (Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis and Staphlococcus lugdunensis) was observed...
- Characterization of bacteria of the genus Staphylococcus isolated from the eggs of Japanese quail (Coturnix coturnix japonica)E Pyzik
Department of Avian Diseases, Institute of Biological Bases of Animal Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Głeboka 30, 20 612 Lublin, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 15:767-72. 2012..Among the species isolated (11 in total), the most frequently occurring strains were of Staphylococcus hominis (26.7%), followed by Staphylococcus aureus (15.6%), S. xylosus and S. lentus (13...
- Prevalence and antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of bacteria from milkmen and cows with clinical mastitis in and around Kampala, UgandaDavid Patrick Kateete
Department of Medical Microbiology, School of Biomedical Sciences, Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Kampala, Uganda
PLoS ONE 8:e63413. 2013..Here we describe the distribution and antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of bacteria from cows with clinical mastitis in Kampala, Uganda. Due to high concern of zoonotic infections, isolates from milkmen are also described...
- Staphylococcus petrasii sp. nov. including S. petrasii subsp. petrasii subsp. nov. and S. petrasii subsp. croceilyticus subsp. nov., isolated from human clinical specimens and human ear infectionsRoman Pantucek
Division of Genetics and Molecular Biology, Department of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Kotlarska 2, 611 37 Brno, Czech Republic
Syst Appl Microbiol 36:90-5. 2013..gene sequence indicated phylogenetic relatedness of the analyzed strains to Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus devriesei, and Staphylococcus lugdunensis...
- Sonication of explanted cardiac implants improves microbial detection in cardiac device infectionsAlessandra Oliva
Dipartimento di Sanità Pubblica e Malattie Infettive, Sapienza Università, Rome, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 51:496-502. 2013..Ten strains were detected only through sonication fluid culture: 6 Staphylococcus epidermidis strains, 1 Staphylococcus hominis strain, 2 Corynebacterium striatum strains, and 1 Brevundimonas sp...
- Synthesis, antibacterial activity and docking of 14-membered 9-O-(3-arylalkyl) oxime 11,12-cyclic carbonate ketolidesJian hua Liang
School of Life Science, Beijing Institute of Technology, Beijing 100081, China
Eur J Med Chem 59:54-63. 2013..032-0.064 μg/mL against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus hominis. The analog 10 with a propyl linker was less effective than both the corresponding 8 and 9 containing ..
- ZAAPS Program results for 2010: an activity and spectrum analysis of linezolid using clinical isolates from 75 medical centres in 24 countriesRobert K Flamm
JMI Laboratories, North Liberty, IA, USA
J Chemother 24:328-37. 2012..Eight CoNS (Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis) isolates were observed to be resistant to linezolid (MIC, ≥8 μg/ml)...
- Distribution of SCCmec-associated phenol-soluble modulin in staphylococciStefan Monecke
Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Mol Cell Probes 26:99-103. 2012..PSM-mec was detected in Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus fleuretti, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus pseudintermedius, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Staphylococcus simulans and Staphylococcus ..
- Antimicrobial activity of two techniques for arm skin disinfection of blood donors in BrazilM S Celere
Regional Blood Center of Ribeirão Preto, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transfus Med 22:116-21. 2012....
- Species and staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec (SCCmec) diversity among methicillin-resistant non-Staphylococcus aureus staphylococci isolated from pigsWannes Vanderhaeghen
Department of General Bacteriology, Veterinary and Agrochemical Research Centre, Groeselenbergstraat 99, B 1180 Ukkel, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 158:123-8. 2012..1%), Staphylococcus rostri (12.5%), Staphylococcus warneri (8.3%), Staphylococcus haemolyticus (2.7%) and Staphylococcus hominis (1.4%). SCCmec cassettes were of type IVa (29.2%), type IVc (25%), type III (22.2%), type V (5...
- Daptomycin lock therapy for grampositive long-term catheter-related bloodstream infectionsJ L del Pozo
Division of Infectious Diseases, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Int J Clin Pract 66:305-8. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy of Daptomycin (DPT) lock therapy in the treatment of Grampositive long-term catheter-related bloodstream infections (LT-CRBI)...
- Calcific myonecrosis of the leg: report of three patients presenting with infectionAthanassios Papanikolaou
Orthopedic Department, Hellenic Red Cross Hospital, Athens, Greece
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 12:247-50. 2011..Calcific myonecrosis is a rare late complication of trauma, affecting almost exclusively the lower limb. Its radiologic appearance is characteristic. Superimposed infection usually is a sequela of biopsy...
- Resistance of bacterial biofilms formed on stainless steel surface to disinfecting agentJoanna Królasik
Institute of Agricultural and Food Biotechnology, Warsaw, Poland
Pol J Microbiol 59:281-7. 2010..Bacterial strains: Listeria innocua, Pseudomonas putida, Micrococcus luteus, Staphylococcus hominis strains, were isolated from food contact surfaces, after a cleaning and disinfection process...
- Antibiotic resistance and molecular characterization of clinical isolates of methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from bacteremic patients in oncohematologyO Bouchami
Laboratory Department, Centre National de Greffe de Moelle Osseuse, Tunis, Tunisia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 56:122-30. 2011..6%) followed by Staphylococcus haemolyticus (22.2%) and Staphylococcus hominis (2.2%). Extended susceptibility profiles were generated for MRCoNS against 16 antimicrobial agents...
- Rapid differentiation of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and other coagulase-negative staphylococci and meticillin susceptibility testing directly from growth-positive blood cultures by multiplex real-time PCRLeanne Jukes
Public Health Wales Microbiology ABM Swansea, Singleton Hospital, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board, Swansea, UK
J Med Microbiol 59:1456-61. 2010..6% of the CoNS), 8 Staphylococcus capitis (15.1%), 3 Staphylococcus saprophyticus (5.7%), 4 Staphylococcus hominis (7.5%), 3 Staphylococcus haemolyticus (5.7%), 2 Staphylococcus warneri (3.8%), 1 Staphylococcus cohnii (1...
- Transcriptional profiling analysis of the global regulator NorG, a GntR-like protein of Staphylococcus aureusQ C Truong-Bolduc
Infectious Diseases Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
J Bacteriol 193:6207-14. 2011..and the putative SACOL2525 protein showed 87% homology with the bacitracin drug transporter BcrA of Staphylococcus hominis. Two pump genes most negatively affected by NorG were the NorC (4-fold) and AbcA (6-fold) genes...
- [Investigation of reduced vancomycin susceptibility in methicillin-resistant staphylococci]Ferit Kuscu
Ministry of Health Diskapi Yildirim Beyazit Training and Research Hospital, Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology Clinics, Ankara, Turkey
Mikrobiyol Bul 45:248-57. 2011..23 Staphylococcus epidermidis, six Staphylococcus haemolyticus, five Staphylococcus chromogenes, three Staphylococcus hominis and four others) by API Staph kit (bioMerieux, USA)...
- In vitro activity of Ro 23-9424, a dual-action antibacterial agent, against bacterial isolates from cancer patients compared with those of other agentsK V Rolston
Department of Medical Specialties, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 36:879-82. 1992..0 micrograms of Ro 23-9424 per ml, whereas the MIC90 for Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus hominis isolates was 4.0 micrograms/ml. Staphylococcus haemolyticus and Enterococcus spp...
- Molecular detection of enterotoxins E, G, H and I in Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from clinical samples of newborns in BrazilN G Vasconcelos
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Biosciences, UNESP Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Appl Microbiol 111:749-62. 2011..The objective of this study was to investigate the detection of SEE, SEG, SEH and SEI in strains of Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS) using RT-PCR...
- Microbiological and molecular characterization of human clinical isolates of Staphylococcus cohnii, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus sciuriElvira Garza-Gonzalez
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Scand J Infect Dis 43:930-6. 2011..aim of this study was to characterize biofilm formation, antibiotic resistance, SCCmec type, and genetic relatedness in clinical isolates of Staphylococcus cohnii, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus sciuri recovered from humans.
- [Severe congenital neutropenia]Wilmer Córdova Calderón
Unidad de Inmunología del Hospital Guillermo Almenara Irigoyen, Lima, Peru
Rev Alerg Mex 57:176-81. 2010..Isolated agents were Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus hominis and Klebsiella sp...
- Species-specific sensitivity of coagulase-negative Staphylococci to single antibiotics and their combinationsGrazyna Szymanska
Department of Biosynthesis of Drugs, Medical University of Łódź, Poland
Pol J Microbiol 60:155-61. 2011..belonged to four species: Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus cohnii, Staphylococcus hominis. They originated from a hospital environment and from the skin of medical staff of the intensive care unit ..
- Double triplex real-time PCR assay for simultaneous detection of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus haemolyticus and determination of their methicillin resistance directly from positive blood cultAbdullah Kilic
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy and School of Medicine, 06018 Ankara, Turkey
Res Microbiol 162:1060-6. 2011..PCR assay to simultaneously detect and identify Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus and their methicillin resistance in a single reaction directly from Gram-..
- Eustachian valve endocarditis: Rare case reports and review of literatureGaurav Alreja
Department of Medicine, Baystate Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, MA, USA
J Cardiovasc Dis Res 2:181-5. 2011..We report 2 new cases caused by vancomycin resistant Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus hominis diagnosed on transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)...
- Characterization and structure identification of an antimicrobial peptide, hominicin, produced by Staphylococcus hominis MBBL 2-9Pyoung Il Kim
School of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Institute of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 744, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 399:133-8. 2010..The present study is the first report of this novel antimicrobial peptide, which has uncommon amino acid residues like the ones in Class I group and shows potent activity against clinically relevant S. aureus, MRSA and VISA...
- Activity of telavancin and comparator antimicrobial agents tested against Staphylococcus spp. isolated from hospitalised patients in Europe (2007-2008)Rodrigo E Mendes
JMI Laboratories, 345 Beaver Kreek Centre, Suite A, North Liberty, IA 52317, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 36:374-9. 2010..CoNS, telavancin was slightly more active against Staphylococcus capitis, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus lugdunensis and Staphylococcus xylosus (MIC(50)=0...
- Pathogenicity of Staphylococcus lugdunensis, Staphylococcus schleiferi, and three other coagulase-negative staphylococci in a mouse model and possible virulence factorsD W Lambe
Department of Microbiology, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614
Can J Microbiol 36:455-63. 1990..lugdunensis, S. schleiferi, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus warneri, and Staphylococcus hominis, using a mouse model in which a foreign body preadhered with the test strain was implanted subcutaneously, ..
- A comparison of adherence by four strains of Staphylococcus intermedius and Staphylococcus hominis to canine corneocytes collected from normal dogs and dogs suffering from atopic dermatitisN A McEwan
Division of Companion Animals, Department of Verterinary Clinical Studies, Institute of Comparative Medicine, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, Bearsden Road, Glasgow G61 1QH, UK
Res Vet Sci 78:193-8. 2005..study was to compare the adherence of four strains of Staphylococcus intermedius and a single strain of Staphylococcus hominis to corneocytes from both normal dogs and dogs suffering from atopic dermatitis...
- Staphylococcus hominis endophthalmitis associated with a capsular hypopyonMohan N Iyer
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 139:930-2. 2005To report a case of Staphylococcus hominis endophthalmitis associated with a capsular hypopyon.
- Widespread distribution of disinfectant resistance genes among staphylococci of bovine and caprine origin in NorwayJostein Bjorland
Department of Production Animal Clinical Sciences, Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo
J Clin Microbiol 43:4363-8. 2005..pST94-like) in Staphylococcus cohnii and Staphylococcus warneri, and qacJ (two isolates) was found in Staphylococcus hominis and Staphylococcus delphini on a plasmid (pNVH01) previously found in equine staphylococci...
- Nosocomial spread of a Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus strain causing sepsis in a neonatal intensive care unitFernando Chaves
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Universitario Doce de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 43:4877-9. 2005From 2002 to 2003, 32 isolates of Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus (SHN) were recovered from 21 patients, 18 of whom were neonates, with 13 considered to have late-onset SHN sepsis...
- PCR evaluation of false-positive signals from two automated blood-culture systemsZ Ceren Karahan
Division of Paediatric Molecular Pathology and Genetics, Ankara University, School of Medicine, 06100 Cebeci, Ankara, Turkey
J Med Microbiol 55:53-7. 2006..bacteria (number of isolates in parentheses): Pasteurella multocida (1), Staphylococcus epidermidis (2), Staphylococcus hominis (1), Micrococcus sp. (1), Streptococcus pneumoniae (1), Corynebacterium spp. (2), Brachibacterium sp...
- Pacemaker lead endocarditis caused by Staphylococcus hominisMustafa Sunbul
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Ondokuz Mayis University, Medical School, Samsun, Turkey
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 29:543-5. 2006..Blood cultures grew Staphylococcus hominis. The patient was treated with antibiotics and operated on after the acute phase of the illness had ..
- DNA fingerprinting of a multi-resistant coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from biomaterials in dialysis servicesKamel Chaieb
Laboratoire de Bactériologie de l Hôpital Ibn El Jazzar de Kairouan, Tunisie
Arch Med Res 37:953-60. 2006..Coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) have emerged as an important opportunistic pathogen isolated in hospital. Several species of CoNS have been implicated in human infections and disease especially in patients with poor health status...
- Staphylococcal and micrococcal adherence to canine and feline corneocytes: quantification using a simple adhesion assayYi Fang Lu
Division of Companion Animal Studies, Institute of Comparative Medicine, University of Glasgow Veterinary School, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1QH, UK
Vet Dermatol 18:29-35. 2007..The numbers of adherent bacteria were, however, generally lower for feline corneocytes. Both Staphylococcus hominis and a Micrococcus species adhered poorly to canine and feline corneocytes...
- Alcohol increases hemolysis by staphylococciMoshe Korem
Department of Human Microbiology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
FEMS Microbiol Lett 269:153-9. 2007..species of staphylococci, including strains of Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis and Staphylococcus hominis. In order to study this novel phenomenon in S. aureus and S...
- Multiple staphylococcal cassette chromosomes and allelic variants of cassette chromosome recombinases in Staphylococcus aureus and coagulase-negative staphylococci from NorwayAnne Merethe Hanssen
Department of Microbiology and Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:1671-7. 2007..III (mec complex A, ccrAB3, and ccrC7) in Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and Staphylococcus hominis. Eleven of 42 strains contained multiple copies of ccr, suggesting the presence of mosaic structures ..
- Successful liver and kidney transplantation from cadaveric donors with left-sided bacterial endocarditisFrancisco Caballero
Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Organ and Tissue Procurement for Transplantation, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Transplant 5:781-7. 2005..responsible for the endocarditis were Staphylococcus epidermidis, coagulase-negative Staphylococcus, Staphylococcus hominis and Streptococcus viridans, respectively...
- Identification of coagulase-negative staphylococci other than Staphylococcus epidermidis by automated ribotypingE Carretto
Laboratori Sperimentali di Ricerca, Area Infettivologica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:177-84. 2005..capitis, Staphylococcus hominis, Staphylococcus haemolyticus, Staphylococcus simulans, S...
- Epidemiology and susceptibilities to mercury preservatives of staphylococci isolated from used eye-drops preserved with thiomersalS K Du Bois
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, University of London, UK
J Pharm Pharmacol 47:193-6. 1995Minimum inhibitory concentrations (MICs) of seven independent isolates of Staphylococcus hominis isolated in the same week from used eye-drops, preserved with thiomersal and collected from wards and clinics in the same hospital, ranged ..
- Differentiation of bacterial 16S rRNA genes and intergenic regions and Mycobacterium tuberculosis katG genes by structure-specific endonuclease cleavageM A Brow
Third Wave Technologies Inc, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
J Clin Microbiol 34:3129-37. 1996..Structural fingerprinting by digestion with Cleavase I is a rapid, simple, and sensitive method for analyzing nucleic acid sequences and may find wide utility in microbial analysis...
- The Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidis transferrin-binding proteins are expressed in vivo during infectionB J Modun
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nottingham, University Park, UK
Microbiology 144:1005-12. 1998..In two of these patients, each of whom experienced an episode of peritonitis due to S. epidermidis or Staphylococcus hominis, antibodies to the TBP appeared in the HPD collected immediately post-infection...
- Clinical importance of identifying coagulase-negative staphylococci isolated from blood cultures: evaluation of MicroScan Rapid and Dried Overnight Gram-Positive panels versus a conventional reference methodM P Weinstein
Department of Medicine, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903 0019, USA
J Clin Microbiol 36:2089-92. 1998..The most common species detected were Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus hominis, and Staphylococcus haemolyticus...
- Molecular cloning of a 32-kilodalton lipoprotein component of a novel iron-regulated Staphylococcus epidermidis ABC transporterA Cockayne
Institute of Infections and Immunity, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 66:3767-74. 1998..epidermidis and S. aureus and of 40 kDa in Staphylococcus hominis. No reactivity was detected with Staphylococcus lugdunensis, Staphylococcus cohni, or Staphylococcus ..
- Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus subsp. nov., a novel trehalose- and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine-negative, novobiocin- and multiple-antibiotic-resistant subspecies isolated from human blood culturesW E Kloos
North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695 7614, USA
Int J Syst Bacteriol 48:799-812. 1998A new subspecies, Staphylococcus hominis subsp. novobiosepticus, isolated from human blood cultures, a wound, a breast abscess and a catheter tip, is described on the basis of a study of 26 strains isolated between 1989 and 1996...
- Clonal spread of staphylococci among patients with peritonitis associated with continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysisT Monsen
Department of Clinical Bacteriology and Department of Infectious Diseases, University Hospital of Umea, Sweden
Kidney Int 57:613-8. 2000..Coagulase-negative staphylococci (CNS) are the most common causes of peritonitis, only limited information is available regarding the distribution and epidemiology of different CNS species associated with CAPD peritonitis...
- The antibacterial activity of topical retinoids: the case of retinaldehydeM Pechere
Department of Dermatology, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Dermatology 205:153-8. 2002..Little attention has been given to the many other potential actions on the surface of the skin...
- Application of molecular typing methods to characterize nosocomial coagulase-negative staphylococci collected in a Greek hospital during a three-year period (1998-2000)I Spiliopoulou
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Instituto de Tecnologia Quimica e Biologica, Universidade Nova de Lisboa ITQB UNL, Oeiras, Portugal
Microb Drug Resist 9:273-82. 2003..demonstrated the existence, persistence and spread of MRSE, MR-Staphylococcus haemolyticus, and MR-Staphylococcus hominis clones in this hospital, whereas the SmaI/murE hybridization pattern was shown to be a valuable tool for ..
- [Evaluation of 61 episodes of infective endocarditis in intravenous drug abusers and human immunodeficiency type-1 virus infection]M E Corti
Unidad 10, Hospital de Infecciosas F J Muñiz, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Argent Microbiol 36:85-7. 2004..1%), Streptococcus viridans in 8 (19.5%) patients, Staphylococcus epidermidis in 1 (2.4%), Staphylococcus hominis in 1 (2.4%) and Streptococcus pneumoniae in one case (2.4%)...
- [Pyomyositis, sacroiliitis and spondylodiscitis caused by Staphylococcus hominis in a immunocompetent woman]N Gomez Rodriguez
Servicios de Reumatología, Hospital POVISA, Vigo Pntevedra
An Med Interna 23:582-4. 2006..pyomyositis, left sacroiliitis and spondylodiscitis involving the first and second thoracic vertebrae by Staphylococcus hominis. This multifocal infection occurred five-weeks after intramuscular administration of NSAI for treatment of ..
- StaphPlex system for rapid and simultaneous identification of antibiotic resistance determinants and Panton-Valentine leukocidin detection of staphylococci from positive blood culturesYi Wei Tang
Department of Medicine, Molecular Infectious Disease Laboratory, Vanderbilt University Hospital, 4605 TVC, Nashville, TN 37232 5310, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:1867-73. 2007..3%) Staphylococcus epidermidis isolates, 10 (3.6%) Staphylococcus haemolyticus isolates, 27 (9.7%) Staphylococcus hominis isolates, 1 (0.4%) Staphylococcus lugdunensis isolate, and 36 (13...
- Antibiotic resistance patterns of coagulase-negative staphylococcus strains isolated from blood cultures of septicemic patients in TurkeyF Koksal
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, 34098 Cerrahpasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Microbiol Res 164:404-10. 2009..epidermidis was the most prevalent species (87) followed by Staphylococcus haemolyticus (23), Staphylococcus hominis (19), Staphylococcus lugdunensis (18), Staphylococcus capitis (15), Staphylococcus xylosus (10), ..
- Exopolysaccharide production by lactose-hydrolyzing bacteria isolated from traditionally fermented milkRolene Bauer
Institute for Plant Biotechnology, Genetics Department, Stellenbosch University, Matieland 7602, Stellenbosh, South Africa
Int J Food Microbiol 131:260-4. 2009..EPS production was assigned for the first time to members of the species Staphylococcus hominis and Enterococcus lactis, and also to apparently novel species of the genera Sphingomonas and Acinetobacter...
- Evaluation of mucosal and seborrheic sites for staphylococci in two populations of captive psittacinesJeleen A Briscoe
Department of Clinical Studies Philadelphia, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 234:901-5. 2009..To survey 2 populations of psittacines to characterize Staphylococcus spp isolated from commensal cutaneous microflora...
- Infectious aortitis and spondylodiscitis in patients with endovascular stentsG d'Ettorre
Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Minerva Med 100:167-70. 2009..Blood culture was positive for Staphylococcus hominis resistant to oxacillin and ciprofloxacin...
- Bacteriology of infected extracted pacemaker and ICD leadsMatteo Anselmino
University Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 10:693-8. 2009..Pacemaker and implantable cardioverter defibrillator infections, when not treated, lead to serious consequences. The aim is to identify the prevalent strains of the responsible bacteria to guide an effective therapy...
- Probiotic potential of Staphylococcus hominis MBBL 2-9 as anti-Staphylococcus aureus agent isolated from the vaginal microbiota of a healthy womanC Sung
Interdisciplinary Program for Bioengineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Appl Microbiol 108:908-16. 2010..To isolate and characterize an antagonist for use as probiotic agent in the biocontrol of Staphylococcus aureus...
- Detection of new mutations conferring resistance to linezolid in glycopeptide-intermediate susceptibility Staphylococcus hominis subspecies hominis circulating in an intensive care unitA Sorlozano
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, University of Granada, Granada, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 29:73-80. 2010..This report alerts to the possible appearance of clinical strains of methicillin-resistant staphylococci with intermediate resistance to glycopeptides, resistance to linezolid, and multiple resistance to other second-line antibiotics...
- Diversity of staphylococcal cassette chromosome mec structures in coagulase-negative staphylococci and relationship to drug resistanceElvira Garza-Gonzalez
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey Nuevo Leon 64460, Mexico
J Med Microbiol 59:323-9. 2010..Staphylococcus cohnii (n=5), Staphylococcus hominis (n=3), Staphylococcus sciuri (n=1), Staphylococcus pasteuri (n=1) and the recently described species ..
- Moluccensins H-J, 30-ketophragmalin limonoids from Xylocarpus moluccensisKhanitha Pudhom
Research Centre for Bioorganic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, 10330, Thailand
J Nat Prod 73:263-6. 2010..Their structures were established by extensive spectroscopic analysis. Compound 2 displayed weak antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus hominis and Enterococcus faecalis.