Genomes and Genes
Alias: "Ascococcus mesenteroides" Tsenkovskii 1878, "Betacoccus arabinosaceus" Orla-Jensen 1919, Ascococcus mesenteroides, Betacoccus arabinosaceus, Leuconostoc mesenteroides (Tsenkovskii 1878) van Tieghem 1878, Leuconostoc mesanteroides
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of the agent from Lactobacillus plantarum KFRI464 that enhances bacteriocin production by Leuconostoc citreum GJ7J Y Chang
Department of Food and Nutrition, Chosun University, 375 Seosukdong, Donggu, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
J Appl Microbiol 103:2504-15. 2007..To provide evidence that the production of bacteriocin by lactic acid bacteria can be enhanced by the presence of a bacteriocin-sensitive strain and identify the agent that is responsible for enhancing bacteriocin production...
- Identification and characterization of two bacteriocin-producing bacteria isolated from garlic and ginger rootM E Janes
Department of Food Science, Center for Food Safety and Quality IFSE, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72704, USA
J Food Prot 62:899-904. 1999..The bacteria were identified by 16S rRNA sequence analyses and fermentation patterns as Leuconostoc mesenteroides (garlic isolate) and Lactococcus lactis (ginger isolate)...
- Homogenous enzyme immunoassay for cyclosporine in whole blood using the EMIT 2000 cyclosporine specific assay with the COBAS MIRA-plus analyzerS Kimura
Laboratory for Clinical Investigation, Osaka University Hospital, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Clin Lab Anal 15:319-23. 2001..The enzyme used for the assay was glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (EC 184.108.40.206 G6PDH) from Leuconostoc mesenteroides; the monoclonal antibody is fairly specific for cyclosporine, and is not reactive with most metabolites...
- Lactobacillus plantarum gene clusters encoding putative cell-surface protein complexes for carbohydrate utilization are conserved in specific gram-positive bacteriaRoland Siezen
Wageningen Centre for Food Sciences WCFS, Wageningen, The Netherlands
BMC Genomics 7:126. 2006....
- The phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase from Methanothermobacter thermautotrophicus has a novel structureHiten M Patel
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute, Bioinformatics I, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 0477 Washington St, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
J Bacteriol 186:5129-37. 2004..archaeal genomic sequences, but only in three bacterial (Clostridium perfringens, Oenococcus oeni, and Leuconostoc mesenteroides) and no eukaryotic genomes...
- Functional properties of selected starter cultures for sour maize breadMojisola O Edema
Department of Microbiology, College of Natural Sciences, University of Agriculture, P M B 2240, Abeokuta, Nigeria
Food Microbiol 25:616-25. 2008..brevis, Lb. fermentum, Lb. acidophilus, Pediococcus acidilactici, Leuconostoc mesenteroides and Leuconostoc dextranicum and Saccharomyces cerevisiae were used singly and as mixed cultures in the ..
- [Microbiological and clinical studies of vancomycin resistant Leuconostoc spp. and Pediococcus spp. isolated from septicemia patients]K Kikuchi
Department of Medicine, Tokyo Women's Medical College
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 68:1084-92. 1994..Leuconostoc lactis, Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. dextranicum, and Pediococcus acidilactici wee identified by physiological reactions...
- Characterisation and transferability of antibiotic resistance genes from lactic acid bacteria isolated from Irish pork and beef abattoirsNiamh Toomey
Department of Food Safety, Ashtown Food Research Centre, Ashtown, Dublin 15, Ireland
Res Microbiol 161:127-35. 2010..Two tetracycline-resistant strains, Lactobacillus plantarum and Leuconostoc mesenteroides spp., contained tet(M) and tet(S) genes respectively...
- Human glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase: the crystal structure reveals a structural NADP(+) molecule and provides insights into enzyme deficiencyS W Au
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, The University of Hong Kong, Department of Biochemistry, Oxford, OX1 3QU, UK, Hong Kong
Structure 8:293-303. 2000..Severe deficiency causes chronic non-spherocytic haemolytic anaemia; the usual symptoms are neonatal jaundice, favism and haemolytic anaemia...
- Gluco-oligosaccharides synthesized by glucosyltransferases from constitutive mutants of Leuconostoc mesenteroides strain Lm 28I Iliev
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Plovdiv University, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
J Appl Microbiol 104:243-50. 2008To find different types of glucosyltransferases (GTFs) produced by Leuconostoc mesenteroides strain Lm 28 and its mutant forms, and to check the effectiveness of gluco-oligosaccharide synthesis using maltose as the acceptor.
- Cloning of branched chain amino acid biosynthesis genes and assays of alpha-acetolactate synthase activities in Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremorisJ F Cavin
Laboratoire de Microbiologie UA INRA, ENSBANA, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Res Microbiol 150:189-98. 1999A genomic library from Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp...
- Enzymes of vancomycin resistance: the structure of D-alanine-D-lactate ligase of naturally resistant Leuconostoc mesenteroidesA P Kuzin
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, The University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 3125, USA
Structure 8:463-70. 2000..Clinical resistance to vancomycin in enterococcal pathogens has been traced to altered ligases producing D-alanine-D-lactate rather than D-alanine-D-alanine...
- Safety properties and molecular strain typing of lactic acid bacteria from slightly fermented sausagesT Aymerich
IRTA, Meat Technology Centre, Granja Camps i Armet, Monells, Girona, Spain
J Appl Microbiol 100:40-9. 2006..To evaluate the biodiversity of lactobacilli from slightly fermented sausages (chorizo, fuet and salchichon) by molecular typing, while considering their safety aspects...
- Binding of bivalent cations by xanthan in aqueous solutionDirk Bergmann
Fachbereich Chemie, Universitat Duisburg Essen, 45 117 Essen, Germany
Int J Biol Macromol 43:245-51. 2008..Xanthan from Xanthomonas campestris was studied in comparison with dextran from Leuconostoc mesenteroides. While dextran does not develop specific interactions with the bivalent cations, the analysis of the ..
- Artisanal and experimental Pecorino Siciliano cheese: microbial dynamics during manufacture assessed by culturing and PCR-DGGE analysesCinzia L Randazzo
DOFATA Sezione Tecnologie Agroalimentari, University of Catania, Via Santa Sofia 98, 95123 Catania, Italy
Int J Food Microbiol 109:1-8. 2006..and isolates belonging to Lactococcus lactis, Streptococcus thermophilus, Enterococcus faecalis and Leuconostoc mesenteroides were identified by phenotypic characterisation and comparison of the restriction fragment length ..
- alpha-fluorinated phosphonates as substrate mimics for glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase: the CHF stereochemistry mattersD B Berkowitz
Department of Chemistry, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, 68588 0304, USA
J Org Chem 65:4498-508. 2000..of phosphonate mimics of glucose 6-phosphate (G6P) as unnatural substrates for G6P dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides. The four G6P analogues (9, 10, 15a, and 15b) differ only in the degree of fluorination at the "bridging"..
- Characterisation and biochemical properties of predominant lactic acid bacteria from fermenting cassava for selection as starter culturesM Kostinek
Federal Research Centre for Nutrition and Food, Institute of Hygiene and Toxicology, Haid und Neu Strasse 9, D 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Int J Food Microbiol 114:342-51. 2007..two each as Leuconostoc fallax, Weissella paramesenteroides and Lactobacillus fermentum, one each as Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp...
- Binding of bivalent cations by hyaluronate in aqueous solutionGuido Furth
Fachbereich Chemie, Universitat Duisburg Essen, 45 117 Essen, Germany
Int J Biol Macromol 42:33-40. 2008..Hyaluronate deriving from Streptococcus equi was studied in comparison with dextran from Leuconostoc mesenteroides which was shown to develop no specific interactions with the bivalent cations...
- The three-dimensional structure of glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides refined at 2.0 A resolutionP Rowland
University of Oxford, Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, UK
Structure 2:1073-87. 1994..Normally the pathway is synthetic and NADP-dependent, but the Gram-positive bacterium Leuconostoc mesenteroides, which does not have a complete glycolytic pathway, also uses the oxidative enzymes of the pentose ..
- Isolation and characterization of pediocin AcH chimeric protein mutants with altered bactericidal activityK W Miller
Departments of Molecular Biology, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming 82071, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 64:1997-2005. 1998..plantarum NCDO955, Listeria innocua Lin11, Enterococcus faecalis M1, Pediococcus acidilactici LB42, and Leuconostoc mesenteroides Ly. A C24S substitution mutant constructed by other means also was inactive against these bacteria...
- Cellular association of glucosyltransferases in Leuconostoc mesenteroides and effects of detergent on cell associationJ C Zahnley
Western Regional Research Center, U S Department of Agriculture, Albany, CA 94710, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 87:57-70. 2000Most glucosyltransferase (GTF) activity in sucrose-grown cultures of some strains of Leuconostoc mesenteroides is found with the cell pellet after centrifugation...
- Effect of Lactobacillus buchneri, Lactobacillus fermentum, Leuconostoc mesenteroides inoculants, or a chemical additive on the fermentation, aerobic stability, and nutritive value of crimped wheat grainsA T Adesogan
IRS, University of Wales, Aberystwyth SY23 3AL, U K
J Dairy Sci 86:1789-96. 2003..UK) or 1 x 10(5) cfu/g of each of three inoculant additives containing Lactobacillus fermentum (A), Leuconostoc mesenteroides (B), and Lactobacillus buchneri (C). Six replicates were conserved per treatment...
- Scale-up of a new bacterial mannitol production processF Niklas W von Weymarn
Laboratory of Bioprocess Engineering, Department of Chemical Technology, P O Box 6100, Helsinki University of Technology, FIN 02015 Helsinki, Finland
Biotechnol Prog 19:815-21. 2003..In earlier papers, we have described the identification of a food-grade lactic acid bacterium strain, Leuconostoc mesenteroides ATCC-9135, with efficient mannitol production capabilities and the development and optimization of a new ..
- Acid-base catalysis in Leuconostoc mesenteroides sucrose phosphorylase probed by site-directed mutagenesis and detailed kinetic comparison of wild-type and Glu237-->Gln mutant enzymesAlexandra Schwarz
Institute of Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering, Graz University of Technology, Petersgasse 12, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Biochem J 403:441-9. 2007..role of acid-base catalysis in the two-step enzymatic mechanism of alpha-retaining glucosyl transfer by Leuconostoc mesenteroides sucrose phosphorylase has been examined through site-directed replacement of the putative catalytic ..
- Survival of freeze-dried leuconostoc mesenteroides and Lactobacillus plantarum related to their cellular fatty acids composition during storageIbourahema Coulibaly
Unité des Bio industries, Centre Wallon de Biologie Industrielle, Faculte Universitaire des Sciences Agronomiques de Gembloux, Passage des Deportes, Gembloux, Belgium
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 157:70-84. 2009..mesenteroides and L. plantarum was noted in the freeze-dried powder held at 4 degrees C or under vacuum and in dark than at 20 degrees C or in the presence of oxygen and light...
- Intraspecific diversity of Lactobacillus curvatus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus sakei, and Leuconostoc mesenteroides associated with vacuum-packed meat product spoilage analyzed by randomly amplified polymorphic DNA PCRRosa Aznar
Departament de Microbiologia i Ecologia, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
J Food Prot 69:2403-10. 2006The intraspecific diversity of Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Lactobacillus curvatus, Lactobacillus sakei, and Lactobacillus plantarum was analyzed by randomly amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) PCR with universal primers M13 and T3...
- Media and process parameters affecting the growth, strain ratios and specific acidifying activities of a mixed lactic starter containing aroma-producing and probiotic strainsS Savoie
Centre de Recherche sur les Aliments, Ecole des sciences des aliments, de Nutrition et d Etudes Familiales, Faculté des sciences de la santé et des services communautaires, Pavillon Jacqueline Bouchard, Universite de Moncton, Moncton, NB, Canada
J Appl Microbiol 103:163-74. 2007..The starter was composed of Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis (L. lactis), Lactococcus lactis ssp. cremoris (L. cremoris), Lactobacillus rhamnosus (Lact. rhamnosus) and Leuconostoc mesenteroides ssp. cremoris (Leuc. cremoris).
- Application of neural networks to simulate the growth profile of lactic acid bacteria in green olive fermentationEfstathios Z Panagou
National Agricultural Research Foundation, Institute of Technology of Agricultural Products, 1, S Venizelou str, Lycovrissi, Greece GR 141 23
J Food Prot 70:1909-16. 2007..plantarum ACA-DC 146, Lactobacillus paracasei ACA-DC 4037, Lactobacillus sakei LQC 1378, and Leuconostoc mesenteroides LQC 1398) was investigated in controlled fermentation of cv...
- The effect of dietary fatty acids on lactic acid bacteria associated with the epithelial mucosa and from faecalia of Arctic charr, Salvelinus alpinus (L.)E Ringø
Department of Arctic Veterinary Medicine, Norwegian College of Veterinary Medicine, Tromsø, Norway
J Appl Microbiol 85:855-64. 1998..and Leuconostoc mesenteroides present. Seven strains of Carnobacterium spp...
- Optimization of dextran production by Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-512 using cheap and local sources of carbohydrate and nitrogenJavad Behravan
Biotechnology Research Center, Bu Ali Research Institute, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 38:267-9. 2003..after filtration, steam sterilization and pH adjustment, were inoculated with a fresh suspension of Leuconostoc mesenteroides. Cultures were incubated, and then diluted with an equal volume of ethanol...
- Novel transglucosylating reaction of sucrose phosphorylase to carboxylic compounds such as benzoic acidKazuhisa Sugimoto
Biochemical Research Laboratory, Ezaki Glico Co Ltd, 4 6 5 Utajima, Osaka, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 104:22-9. 2007..On the other hand, sucrose phosphorylase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides showed very weak transglucosylating activity...
- Enzymatic synthesis and characterization of arbutin glucosides using glucansucrase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides B-1299CBYoung Hwan Moon
School of Biological Sciences and Technology, The Research Institute for Catalysis and Institute of Bioindustrial Technology, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, 500 757, South Korea
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:559-67. 2007Two arbutin glucosides were synthesized via the acceptor reaction of a glucansucrase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides B-1299CB with arbutin and sucrose...
- Synthesis and characterization of hydroquinone fructoside using Leuconostoc mesenteroides levansucraseJin Kang
Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 83:1009-16. 2009..synthesized a HQ fructoside (HQ-Fru) as a potential skin-whitening agent by reacting levansucrase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides with HQ as an acceptor and sucrose as a fructofuranose donor...
- Probiotic Leuconostoc mesenteroides ssp. cremoris and Streptococcus thermophilus induce IL-12 and IFN-gamma productionRiina A Kekkonen
University of Helsinki, Institute of Biomedicine, Pharmacology, Helsinki 00014, Finland
World J Gastroenterol 14:1192-203. 2008....
- The microbial association of Greek taverna sausage stored at 4 and 10 degrees C in air, vacuum or 100% carbon dioxide, and its spoilage potentialJ Samelis
Agricultural University of Athens, Department of Food Science and Technology, Greece
J Appl Microbiol 88:58-68. 2000..Conversely, in air-stored sausages, leuconostocs, mainly Leuconostoc mesenteroides ssp...
- Enhancement of the immune response and protection induced by probiotic lactic acid bacteria against furunculosis in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)José Luis Balcázar
Laboratory of Fish Pathology, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 51:185-93. 2007..Probiotic strains (Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis CLFP 100, Leuconostoc mesenteroides CLFP 196, and Lactobacillus sakei CLFP 202) were administered orally to fish for 2 weeks at 10(6) CFU g(-..
- Effect of Lactococcus lactis CLFP 100 and Leuconostoc mesenteroides CLFP 196 on Aeromonas salmonicida Infection in brown trout (Salmo trutta)José Luis Balcázar
Laboratory of Fish Pathology, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 17:153-7. 2009..Treatment with probiotic strains (Lactococcus lactis CLFP 100 and Leuconostoc mesenteroides CLFP 196) resulted in a higher survival rate after challenge, activation of phagocytic cells in the head ..
- Chemical evaluation and sensory quality of sauerkrauts obtained by natural and induced fermentations at different NaCl levels from Brassica oleracea Var. capitata Cv. Bronco grown in eastern Spain. Effect of storageElena Peñas
Instituto de Fermentaciones Industriales CSIC, Juan de la Cierva 3, Madrid, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 58:3549-57. 2010..Sauerkrauts obtained by Leuconostoc mesenteroides at 0.5% NaCl showed the highest ABG content and a large amount of vitamin C...
- Mechanistic differences among retaining disaccharide phosphorylases: insights from kinetic analysis of active site mutants of sucrose phosphorylase and alpha,alpha-trehalose phosphorylaseChristiane Goedl
Institute of Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering, Graz University of Technology, Petersgasse 12, A 8010 Graz, Austria
Carbohydr Res 343:2032-40. 2008..as catalytic nucleophile and acid-base, respectively, in the reaction of sucrose phosphorylase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides. The side chain of Asp(295) is suggested to facilitate the catalytic steps of glucosylation and ..
- Probiotics, critical illness, and methodologic biasRonald L Koretz
Department of Medicine, Olive View UCLA Medical Center, 14445 Olive View Drive, Sylmar, CA 91342, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 24:45-9. 2009..was seen particularly in trials employing one combination of probiotic agents (Pediococcus pentosaceus, Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus plantarum)...
- Identification of the bacterial biodiversity in koumiss by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis and species-specific polymerase chain reactionY Hao
College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, 17 Qing Hua East Road, Hai Dian District, Beijing, China 100083
J Dairy Sci 93:1926-33. 2010..b>Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus buchneri, and Lactobacillus jensenii were occasionally found ..
- DNA fingerprinting of lactic acid bacteria in sauerkraut fermentationsVethachai Plengvidhya
USDA ARS, Department of Food Science, 322 Schaub Hall, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7624, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:7697-702. 2007..the ecology of commercial sauerkraut fermentations revealed that four species of lactic acid bacteria, Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Lactobacillus plantarum, Pediococcus pentosaceus, and Lactobacillus brevis, were the primary ..
- Heterologous expression of glycoside hydrolase family 2 and 42 β-galactosidases of lactic acid bacteria in Lactococcus lactisClarissa Schwab
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Syst Appl Microbiol 33:300-7. 2010..to GH2 β-galactosidases of Streptococcus thermophilus (LacZ type), Lactobacillus plantarum and Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris (both LacLM type)...
- Occurrence of lactic acid bacteria and biogenic amines in biologically aged winesM Victoria Moreno-Arribas
Instituto de Fermentaciones Industriales, CSIC, Juan de la Cierva 3, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Food Microbiol 25:875-81. 2008..with prevailing Lactobacillus hilgardii, Lactobacillus plantarum and Lactobacillus zeae and Leuconostoc mesenteroides. The biogenic amine-producing capacity of the isolates was also determined...
- Reclassification of the genus Leuconostoc and proposals of Fructobacillus fructosus gen. nov., comb. nov., Fructobacillus durionis comb. nov., Fructobacillus ficulneus comb. nov. and Fructobacillus pseudoficulneus comb. novAkihito Endo
NODAI Culture Collection Center, Tokyo University of Agriculture, 1 1 1 Sakuragaoka, Setagaya, Tokyo 156 8502, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:2195-205. 2008..The three subclusters were the Leuconostoc mesenteroides subcluster (comprising L. carnosum, L. citreum, L. gasicomitatum, L. gelidum, L. inhae, L. kimchii, L...
- Role of Arg301 in substrate orientation and catalysis in subsite 2 of D-alanine:D-alanine (D-lactate) ligase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides: a molecular docking studyFrancis C Neuhaus
Department of Biochemistry, 2205 Tech Drive, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208 3500, USA
J Mol Graph Model 28:728-34. 2010D-alanine:D-alanine (D-lactate) ligase (ADP) from Leuconostoc mesenteroides synthesizes the depsipeptide, D-alanyl-D-lactate, in addition to D-alanyl-D-alanine, when D-alanine and D-lactate are incubated simultaneously...
- 16S ribosomal DNA analysis and characterization of lactic acid bacteria associated with traditional Tibetan Qula cheese made from yak milkZhongfang Tan
Zhengzhou University, Henan, China
Anim Sci J 81:706-13. 2010..Strains in Group A and Group B exhibited similarity of 16S rDNA sequence of over 99% to Leuconostoc mesenteroides, indicating that they each comprised a single species...
- NMR spectroscopic analysis of exopolysaccharides produced by Leuconostoc citreum and Weissella confusaNdegwa Henry Maina
Department of Applied Chemistry and Microbiology, Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, University of Helsinki, PO Box 27, FIN 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Carbohydr Res 343:1446-55. 2008..and structural analysis has focused mainly on dextrans from Leuconostoc species, particularly on Leuconostoc mesenteroides strains...
- Modelling the growth of Leuconostoc mesenteroides by Artificial Neural NetworksR M Garcia-Gimeno
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of Cordoba, Campus Rabanales, Edif Darwin, 14014 Cordoba, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 105:317-32. 2005..ppm) on the predicted specific growth rate (Gr), lag-time (Lag) and maximum population density (yEnd) of Leuconostoc mesenteroides under aerobic and anaerobic conditions, was studied using an Artificial Neural Network-based model (ANN) ..
- Antifungal activity of strains of lactic acid bacteria isolated from a semolina ecosystem against Penicillium roqueforti, Aspergillus niger and Endomyces fibuliger contaminating bakery productsFrancesca Valerio
Institute of Sciences of Food Production, National Research Council, 70126 Bari, Italy
Syst Appl Microbiol 32:438-48. 2009..the identification of the following species: Weissella confusa, Weissella cibaria, Leuconostoc citreum, Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Lactococcus lactis, Lactobacillus rossiae and Lactobacillus plantarum...
- Expression of the gene for NAD-dependent glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides cloned in Escherichia coli K-12N B Murphy
J Bacteriol 169:334-9. 1987The structural gene (zwf) for Leuconostoc mesenteroides glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase has been cloned into Escherichia coli on pBR322 by selecting for complementation of a zwf mutation of E...
- Human erythrocyte glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. Identification of a reactive lysyl residue labelled with pyridoxal 5'-phosphateL Camardella
International Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Naples, Italy
Eur J Biochem 171:485-9. 1988..residue, isolated from the enzyme from Saccharomyces cerevisiae; glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides also contains a region highly homologous with the sequence around the reactive lysyl residue in the ..
- Identification of an arginine residue in the dual coenzyme-specific glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides that plays a key role in binding NADP+ but not NAD+H R Levy
Department of Biology, Syracuse University, New York 13244 1220, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 326:145-51. 1996Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides can utilize either NADP or NAD as coenzyme. The enzyme's three-dimensional structure has been solved (Rowland et al...
- On the mechanism of the reaction catalyzed by glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenaseM S Cosgrove
Department of Biology, Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York 13244, USA
Biochemistry 37:2759-67. 1998The catalytic mechanism of glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides was investigated by replacing three amino acids, His-240, Asp-177, and His 178, with asparagine, using site-directed mutagenesis...
- Solution of the structure of tetrameric human glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase by molecular replacementS W Au
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Department of Biochemistry, The Rex Richards Building, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QU, England
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 55:826-34. 1999..C2221 crystal form using a 4 A resolution data set and a dimer of the large beta + alpha domains of the Leuconostoc mesenteroides enzyme as a search model...
- Secondary structure of Streptococcus downei GTF-1 glucansucraseV Monchois
Department of Oral Biology, Dental School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
FEMS Microbiol Lett 177:243-8. 1999Multiple sequence alignment and structure prediction of glucansucrases produced by oral streptococci and Leuconostoc mesenteroides showed that all have common structural features, with three major domains...
- Isolation of key amino acid residues at the N-terminal end of the core region Streptococcus downei glucansucrase, GTF-IV Monchois
Department of Oral Biology, Dental School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 52:660-5. 1999Related streptococcal and Leuconostoc mesenteroides glucansucrases are enzymes of medical and biotechnological interest...
- Enzymatic synthesis of stable, odorless, and powdered furanone glucosides by sucrose phosphorylaseS Kitao
Research and Development Division, Kikkoman Corporation, Chiba, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64:134-41. 2000Sucrose phosphorylase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides catalyzed transglucosylation from sucrose to 4-hydroxy-3(2H)-furanone derivatives...
- Dose-response relationships. A model for describing interactions, and its application to the combined effect of nisin and lactic acid on Leuconostoc mesenteroidesM L Cabo
Marine Research Institute, Vigo, Spain
J Appl Microbiol 88:756-63. 2000..The general model thus derived is applied to the interaction of nisin and lactic acid on Leuconostoc mesenteroides.
- Differential viable count of mixed starter cultures of lactic acid bacteria in doughs by using modified Chalmers mediumO Pepe
Dipartimento di Scienza degli Alimenti, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Portici, Italy
Microbiol Res 155:351-4. 2001..Selected strains of Lactobacillus plantarum, Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp...
- Pore-scale investigation of biomass plug development and propagation in porous mediaTerri L Stewart
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, 3168 H H Dow Building, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2136, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 77:577-88. 2002..This study describes the pore-scale physics of biomass plug propagation of Leuconostoc mesenteroides under nutrient-rich conditions...
- Production of insoluble dextran using cell-bound dextransucrase of Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-523Prabhu Arcot Padmanabhan
Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, 3048 Nitschke Hall, The University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Carbohydr Res 337:1529-33. 2002Water-insoluble, cell-free dextran biosynthesis from Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-523 has been examined. Cell-bound dextransucrase is used to produce cell-free dextran in a sucrose-rich acetate buffer medium...
- Transformation of alternan-producing strains of Leuconostoc by electroporationTimothy D Leathers
Fermentation Biotechnology Research Unit, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, USDA, Agricultural Research Service, Peoria, IL 61604, USA
Biotechnol Lett 26:1119-24. 2004Alternan-producing Leuconostoc mesenteroides strain NRRL B-1355 and its glucansucrase-negative derivative NRRL B-21414 were transformed by electroporation using four Gram positive-Gram negative shuttle vectors...
- Mutational analysis of mesentericin y105, an anti-Listeria bacteriocin, for determination of impact on bactericidal activity, in vitro secondary structure, and membrane interactionDany Morisset
Institut de Biologie Moléculaire et d Ingénierie Génétique, Equipe de Microbiologie Fondamentale et Appliquée, UMR CNRS 6008, Universite de Poitiers, 40 Avenue du Recteur Pineau, 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:4672-80. 2004Mesentericin Y105 is a 37-residue bacteriocin produced by Leuconostoc mesenteroides Y105 that displays antagonistic activity against gram-positive bacteria such as Enterococcus faecalis and Listeria monocytogenes...
- Construction of chimeric glucansucrases for analyzing substrate-binding regions that affect the structure of glucan productsKazumi Funane
National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:1912-20. 2004A gene that encodes dextransucrase S (dsrS) from Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-512F encodes a glucansucrase dextransucrase S (DSRS) which mainly produces water-soluble glucan (dextran), while the dsrT5 gene derived from dsrT of the B-..
- pIH01, a small cryptic plasmid from Leuconostoc citreum IH3Junghyun Park
Department of Biological Sciences, Inha University, Inchon 402 751, Republic of Korea
Plasmid 54:184-9. 2005..This putative replicase protein shows the highest similarity to a replicase from pFR18 plasmid of Leuconostoc mesenteroides FR52 (64% identity), one of the pT181-type rolling circle plasmid family and contains a strictly ..
- Production of dextran in transgenic potato plantsGéraldine A Kok-Jacon
Graduate School Experimental Plant Sciences, Laboratory of Plant Breeding, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
Transgenic Res 14:385-95. 2005..The mature dextransucrase (DsrS) gene from Leuconostoc mesenteroides was fused to the chloroplastic ferredoxin signal peptide (FD) enabling amyloplast entry, which was ..
- Quantifying the significance of phage attack on starter cultures: a mechanistic model for population dynamics of phage and their hosts isolated from fermenting sauerkrautP Mudgal
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, North Carolina Agricultural Research Service, Department of Food Science, Box 7624, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695 7624, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:3908-15. 2006..The model was validated by independent experiments with two Leuconostoc mesenteroides strains isolated from sauerkraut and their corresponding phage...
- Sequencing of variable regions of the 16S rRNA gene for identification of lactic acid bacteria isolated from the intestinal microbiota of healthy salmonidsJosé Luis Balcázar
Laboratory of Fish Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza 50013, Spain
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 30:111-8. 2007..cremoris, Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis, and Leuconostoc mesenteroides. The method described was found to be a very simple, rapid, specific, and low-cost tool for the ..
- Stability of microbial communities in goat milk during a lactation year: molecular approachesCécile Callon
INRA Unité de Recherches Fromagères URF545, INRA, 36 rue de Salers, 15000 Aurillac, France
Syst Appl Microbiol 30:547-60. 2007..in milk, such as Lactococcus lactis, Lactococcus garvieae, Enterococcus faecalis, Lactobacillus casei, Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus simulans, Staphylococcus caprae, Staphylococcus equorum, ..
- Effects of sucromalt on postprandial responses in human subjectsA Grysman
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Clin Nutr 62:1364-71. 2008..a nutritive sweetener produced by treating a blend of sucrose and corn syrup with an enzyme from Leuconostoc mesenteroides, with those after 42% of high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS), and to see if the reduced responses after ..
- Role of hypermutability in the evolution of the genus OenococcusAngela M Marcobal
Department of Viticulture and Enology, University of California, One Shields Ave, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Bacteriol 190:564-70. 2008..kitaharae, were higher than those observed for neighboring taxa, Pediococcus pentosaceus and Leuconostoc mesenteroides. Sequence analysis of the rpoB mutations in rifampin-resistant strains from both oenococcal species ..
- A TaqMan-based real-time PCR assay for the specific detection and quantification of Leuconostoc mesenteroides in meat productsPatricia Elizaquivel
Departamento de Microbiologia, Universitat de Valencia, Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
FEMS Microbiol Lett 278:62-71. 2008A new real-time PCR procedure was developed for the specific detection and quantification of Leuconostoc mesenteroides in meat products. It is a TaqMan assay based on 23S rRNA gene targeted primers and probe...
- Expression and characterization of dextransucrase gene dsrX from Leuconostoc mesenteroides in Escherichia coliYang Yalin
Gene Engineering Laboratory, Feed Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 12 Zhongguancun Nandajie Street, Haidian District, Beijing 100081, PR China
J Biotechnol 133:505-12. 2008The dextransucrase gene dsrX from Leuconostoc mesenteroides CGMCC 1.544 was cloned into the vector pET-28a(+) and expressed as a N-terminal His(6)-tag fusion protein of 167.57 kDa in Escherichia coli BL21(DE3)...
- Characterization of a bifunctional HPr kinase/phosphorylase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides SY1Jae Yong Park
Institute of Agriculture and Life Science, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 701, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 18:746-53. 2008..18 and 14.57 microM for ATP and HPr, respectively. The Km value for the phosphorylase activity of HPrK/P was 14.16 microM for P-Ser-HPr (HPr phosphorylated at the serine residue)...
- Nosocomial Outbreaks Caused by Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroidesGerman Bou
Complejo Hospitalario Universitario Juan Canalejo, La Coruna, Spain
Emerg Infect Dis 14:968-71. 2008From July 2003 through October 2004, 42 patients became infected by strains of Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides (genotype 1) in different departments of Juan Canalejo Hospital in northwest Spain...
- Leuconostoc spoilage of vacuum-packaged vegetable sausagesElina J Vihavainen
Department of Food and Environmental Hygiene, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, P O Box 66, FIN 00014, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Food Prot 71:2312-5. 2008..The results revealed that Leuconostoc gelidum, Leuconostoc gasicomitatum, and Leuconostoc mesenteroides were the predominant LAB in the commercial vegetable sausages...
- Diversity of lactic acid bacteria in suan-tsai and fu-tsai, traditional fermented mustard products of TaiwanShiou Huei Chao
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, 155, Sec 2, Li Nong Street, Pei Tou, Taipei 11221, Taiwan
Int J Food Microbiol 135:203-10. 2009..These 13 strains were found to belong to 5 validated known species: Lactobacillus farciminis, Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Leuconostoc pseudomesenteroides, Weissella cibaria, and Weissella paramesenteroides, and 5 possibly ..
- Oligomerization studies of Leuconostoc mesenteroides G6PD activity after SDS-PAGE and blottingS Ravera
Department of Biology, University of Genoa, Viale Benedetto XV3, Genova 16132, Italy
Mol Biol (Mosk) 44:472-6. 2010..Based on the currently available structural information on Leuconostoc mesenteroides G6PD, it is believed that the enzyme only works as a homodimer...
- D(-)-lactic acid production by Leuconostoc mesenteroides B512 using different carbon and nitrogen sourcesLuciana Fontes Coelho
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Univ Estadual Paulista UNESP, Biological Sciences Institute, CEP 13506 900, Rio Claro, SP, Brazil
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 164:1160-71. 2011..After 48 h, lactic acid production using the shake-flask method was at 60.2 g/L...
- Effects of three heavy metals on the bacteria growth kinetics: a bivariate model for toxicological assessmentDiego Rial
Grupo de Reciclado y Valorización de Materiales Residuales REVAL, Instituto de Investigacions Marinas CSIC, r Eduardo Cabello, 6, Vigo 36208, Galicia, Spain
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 90:1095-109. 2011..Phaeobacter sp. strain 27-4, Listonella anguillarum, Carnobacterium piscicola and Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. lysis) were studied in a batch system...
- Complete genome sequence of Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides strain J18, isolated from kimchiJi Young Jung
School of Biological Sciences, Chung Ang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Bacteriol 194:730-1. 2012b>Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides is one of the most predominant lactic acid bacterial groups during kimchi fermentation. Here, we report the complete genome sequence of L. mesenteroides subsp...
- Isolation and identification of cultivable lactic acid bacteria in traditional yak milk products of Gansu Province in ChinaQiuhua Bao
Key Laboratory of Dairy Biotechnology and Engineering, Ministry of Education, Inner Mongolia Agricultural University
J Gen Appl Microbiol 58:95-105. 2012..Lactobacillus helveticus (87 strains), Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp...
- Inhibitory effects of autolysate of Leuconostoc mesenteroides isolated from kimoto on melanogenesisSayo Kondo
General Research Laboratory, Kiku Masamune Sake Brewing Co Ltd, 1 8 6 Uozaki Nishimachi, Higashinada ku, Kobe, Hyogo 658 0026, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 114:424-8. 2012We investigated the inhibitory effects of the autolysate of Leuconostoc mesenteroides, a lactic acid bacterium isolated from sake mash, on melanogenesis in B16F0 murine melanoma cells and a human skin model...
- Interaction between lactic acid bacteria and yeasts in airag, an alcoholic fermented milk- Sudun
Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Okayama, Japan
Anim Sci J 84:66-74. 2013..Total glucose and galactose content increased while lactose content decreased in the single cultures of Leuconostoc mesenteroides 6B2081 and Lb. helveticus 130B4...
- Comparative analysis of production and purification of homo- and hetero-polysaccharides produced by lactic acid bacteriaSara Notararigo
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Infection Biology, Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Spanish Council for Scientific Research CSIC, Ramiro de Maeztu 9, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Carbohydr Polym 93:57-64. 2013..In addition, another cider isolate, Lactobacillus suebicus CUPV225 (L. suebicus CUPV225), and Leuconostoc mesenteroides RTF10 (L. mesenteroides RTF10), isolated from meat products were included in the study...
- Effect of the natural winemaking process applied at industrial level on the microbiological and chemical characteristics of wineCiro Sannino
Department of Agricultural and Forestry Science, University of Palermo, Viale delle Scienze 4, 90128 Palermo, Italy
J Biosci Bioeng 116:347-56. 2013..LAB cultures were grouped and identified by a combined phenotypic and genotypic approach. Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Lactobacillus hilgardii and Lactobacillus plantarum species were identified; the last was the main LAB ..
- Biotransformation of Ginsenoside Rb1 to Prosapogenins, Gypenoside XVII, Ginsenoside Rd, Ginsenoside F2, and Compound K by Leuconostoc mesenteroides DC102Lin Hu Quan
Korean Ginseng Center Most Valuable Product and Ginseng Genetic Resource Bank, Kyung Hee University, Yongin 446 701, Korea
J Ginseng Res 35:344-51. 2011..was transformed into gypenoside XVII, ginsenoside Rd, ginsenoside F2 and compound K by glycosidase from Leuconostoc mesenteroides DC102. The optimum time for the conversion was about 72 h at a constant pH of 6.0 to 8...
- Leuconostoc bacteriophages from blue cheese manufacture: long-term survival, resistance to thermal treatments, high pressure homogenization and chemical biocides of industrial applicationSilvina A Pujato
Instituto de Lactología Industrial, Facultad de Ingenieria Quimica, Universidad Nacional del Litoral, Santiago del Estero 2829, 3000 Santa Fe, Argentina
Int J Food Microbiol 177:81-8. 2014Nine Leuconostoc mesenteroides phages were isolated during blue cheese manufacture yielding faulty products with reduced eye formation...
- Dextran synthesized by Leuconostoc mesenteroides BD1710 in tomato juice supplemented with sucroseJin Han
State Key Laboratory of Dairy Biotechnology, Shanghai 200436, China
Carbohydr Polym 112:556-62. 2014The characteristics of the growth of Leuconostoc mesenteroides BD1710 and the synthesis of dextran in tomato juice supplemented with 15% sucrose were assayed. L...
- Lime application for the efficient production of nutraceutical glucooligosaccharides from Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-742 (ATCC13146)Young Hwan Moon
Audubon Sugar Institute, Louisiana State University Agricultural Center, 3, 845 Highway 75, Saint Gabriel, LA, 70776, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 42:279-85. 2015..We have previously demonstrated the production of glucooligosaccharides via a fermentation of sucrose with Leuconostoc mesenteroides NRRL B-742 using sodium hydroxide (NaOH) to control the pH...
- Selection of lactic acid bacteria from Brazilian kefir grains for potential use as starter or probiotic culturesDébora Ferreira Zanirati
Departamento de Biologia Geral, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Anaerobe 32:70-6. 2015..and Oenococcus. Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Lactobacillus kefiri, and Lactobacillus kefiranofaciens were isolated only from milk grains, whereas ..
- Diversity of lactic acid bacteria isolated from Brazilian water buffalo mozzarella cheeseLuana Faria Silva
UNESP São Paulo State Univ, Food Engineering and Technology Dept, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Brazil
J Food Sci 80:M411-7. 2015..clusters, and identified as Streptococcus thermophilus, Enterococcus faecium, Enterococcus durans, Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides, Lactobacillus fermentum, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp...
- Phages of dairy Leuconostoc mesenteroides: genomics and factors influencing their adsorptionSilvina A Pujato
Instituto de Lactología Industrial, Facultad de Ingenieria Quimica, Universidad Nacional del Litoral, Santiago del Estero 2829, 3000 Santa Fe, Argentina Electronic address
Int J Food Microbiol 201:58-65. 2015Phages infecting Leuconostoc mesenteroides strains can be overlooked during milk fermentation because they do not slowdown the acidification process. However, they can negatively impact the flavor profile of the final product...
- Cultivable endophytic bacteria from leaf bases of Agave tequilana and their role as plant growth promotersJulia Del C Martínez-Rodríguez
Instituto de Ingeniería Universidad Autónoma de Baja California Campus MexicaliMexicali México Instituto de Ingeniería, Universidad Autonoma de Baja California, Campus Mexicali, Mexicali, Mexico
Braz J Microbiol 45:1333-9. 2014..Klebsiella oxytoca, Pseudomonas sp., Enterococcus casseliflavus, Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides and Gluconobacter oxydans...
- Novel lactic acid bacteria isolated from the bumble bee gut: Convivina intestini gen. nov., sp. nov., Lactobacillus bombicola sp. nov., and Weissella bombi sp. novJessy Praet
Laboratory of Microbiology, Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Faculty of Sciences, Ghent University, K L Ledeganckstraat 35, 9000, Ghent, Belgium
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 107:1337-49. 2015..8% similar to that of Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides LMG 6893(T), their nearest phylogenetic neighbour...
- Chirality Matters: Synthesis and Consumption of the d-Enantiomer of Lactic Acid by Synechocystis sp. Strain PCC6803S Andreas Angermayr
Molecular Microbial Physiology Group, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam and Netherlands Institute of Systems Biology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 82:1295-304. 2015..achieved by the introduction of a d-specific lactate dehydrogenase from the lactic acid bacterium Leuconostoc mesenteroides into Synechocystis...
- Mode of action of leucocin K7 produced by Leuconostoc mesenteroides K7 against Listeria monocytogenes and its potential in milk preservationFeng Shi
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, 1800 Lihu, Wuxi, 214122, China
Biotechnol Lett 38:1551-7. 2016..To investigate the mode of action of leucocin K7 against Listeria monocytogenes and to assess its inhibitory effect on Lis. monocytogenes in refrigerated milk...
- Identification, stress tolerance, and antioxidant activity of lactic acid bacteria isolated from tropically grown fruits and leavesAmandine Fessard
a Université de La Réunion, UMR Qualisud, ESIROI, 2 rue J Wetzell, Parc Technologique Universitaire, Sainte Clotilde, France
Can J Microbiol 62:550-61. 2016..isolates (S17 and S29) were the most tolerant to pH 4.5. The growth of 4 isolates, S5 (Leuconostoc mesenteroides), S14 and S10 (Leuconostoc pseudomesenteroides), and S27 (W. cibaria), was not affected by 5% NaCl...
- In vitro and in vivo probiotic assessment of Leuconostoc mesenteroides P45 isolated from pulque, a Mexican traditional alcoholic beverageMartha Giles-Gómez
Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad Universitaria, Coyoacan, 04510 Ciudad de México, Mexico
Springerplus 5:708. 2016..Here, we report the in vitro and in vivo probiotic assessment of Leuconostoc mesenteroides strain P45 isolated from pulque. This isolated LAB species exhibited lysozyme, acid (pH 3...
- Whey powders are a rich source and excellent storage matrix for dairy bacteriophagesNatalia Wagner
Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Max Rubner Institut Federal Research Institute of Nutrition and Food, Hermann Weigmann Str 1, 24103 Kiel, Germany
Int J Food Microbiol 241:308-317. 2017..lactis and 5 Streptococcus thermophilus, and 8 flavour-producing Leuconostoc pseudomesenteroides and Leuconostoc mesenteroides strains. Lytic L. lactis phages were detected in all samples, while S...
- ACETOBACTER XYLINUM GLUCOSE 6-PHOSPHATE DEHYDROGENASESH Levy; Fiscal Year: 1991..A few bacterial G6PDs, like the one from Leuconostoc mesenteroides can utilize either NADP or NAD, each coenzyme being required for different physiological purposes...
- D AMINOACID LIGASES AND BACTERIAL VANCOMYCIN RESISTANCEJames Knox; Fiscal Year: 2000..Four specific aims are proposed: (1) determine x-ray structure of the Leuconostoc mesenteroides D-Ala:D-Lactate ligase, (2) determine the structure of F261Y mutant which exhibits a reversal of ..
- Global Mechanisms of Bacteriocin Resistance in ListeriaKurt Miller; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research ultimately will lead to better methods for prevention of food contamination and disease caused by the deadly pathogen, Listeria monocytogenes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS FOR INHIBITION OF PATHOGENIC BACTERIAL GROWTHPatent Number: JP2016509002-A; Date:2016-03-24
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODSPatent Number: JP2016509003-A; Date:2016-03-24
- USE OF PHOSPHOKETOLASE AND PHOSPHOTRANSACETYLASE FOR PRODUCTION OF ACETYL-COENZYME A DERIVED COMPOUNDSPatent Number: JP2016512047-A; Date:2016-04-25
- NETWORK-BASED MICROBIAL COMPOSITIONS AND METHODSPatent Number: JP2016519664-A; Date:2016-07-07
- CONTROLLED GROWTH OF MICROORGANISMSPatent Number: WO2015024855-A1; Date:2015-02-26
- HOST CELLS AND METHODS FOR PRODUCTION OF ISOBUTANOLPatent Number: EP2689014-A2; Date:2014-01-29
- GLUCOSYLTRANSFERASE ENZYMES FOR PRODUCTION OF GLUCAN POLYMERSPatent Number: EP2900828-A2; Date:2015-08-05
- Host Cells and Methods for Production of IsobutanolPatent Number: JP2014508541-A; Date:2014-04-10
- Recombinant Bacteria Having Improved Sucrose UtilizationPatent Number: JP2014524255-A; Date:2014-09-22
- Variant Sucrose Transporter Polypeptides that Enable Faster Sucrose Utilization in BacteriaPatent Number: JP2014525239-A; Date:2014-09-29
- Variant Sucrose Transporter Polypeptides That Enable Growth Over a Wide Range of Sucrose ConcentrationsPatent Number: JP2015509378-A; Date:2015-03-30
- Recombinant Bacteria Having the Ability to Metabolize SucrosePatent Number: JP2015509379-A; Date:2015-03-30
- GLUCOSYLTRANSFERASE ENZYMES FOR PRODUCTION OF GLUCAN POLYMERSPatent Number: KR1020150058478-A; Date:2015-05-28
- MODIFIED MICROORGANISMS AND METHODS OF MAKING BUTADIENE USING SAMEPatent Number: KR1020150068925-A; Date:2015-06-22
- SYNERGISTIC BACTERIAL COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS OF PRODUCTION AND USE THEREOFPatent Number: KR1020150108357-A; Date:2015-09-25
- COMPOSITIONS AND METHODSPatent Number: KR1020150115888-A; Date:2015-10-14
- USE OF PHOSPHOKETOLASE AND PHOSPHOTRANSACETYLASE FOR PRODUCTION OF ACETYL-COENZYME A DERIVED COMPOUNDSPatent Number: KR1020150132310-A; Date:2015-11-25
- PRODUCTION OF GLUCAN POLYMERS FROM ALTERNATE SUCROSE SOURCESPatent Number: WO2015148440-A1; Date:2015-10-01
- HOST CELLS AND METHODS FOR PRODUCTION OF ISOBUTANOLPatent Number: KR1020140092759-A; Date:2014-07-24
- Novel Leuconostoc mesenteroides KPX-14 and method of producing D-type lactic acid with using the samePatent Number: KR1020140081271-A; Date:2014-07-01
- VARIANT SUCROSE TRANSPORTER POLYPEPTIDES THAT ENABLE FASTER SUCROSE UTILIZATION IN BACTERIAPatent Number: KR1020140054233-A; Date:2014-05-08
- RECOMBINANT BACTERIA HAVING IMPROVED SUCROSE UTILIZATIONPatent Number: KR1020140054232-A; Date:2014-05-08
- MODIFIED MICROORGANISMS AND METHODS OF MAKING BUTADIENE USING SAMEPatent Number: EP2791342-A1; Date:2014-10-22
- Method for improving the low-temperature grouth ability of a lactic acid bacteriumPatent Number: JP2014050325-A; Date:2014-03-20
- PRODUCTION OF ACETYL-COENZYME A DERIVED ISOPRENOIDSPatent Number: JP2014532444-A; Date:2014-12-08
- MODIFIED MICROORGANISMS AND METHODS OF MAKING BUTADIENE USING SAMEPatent Number: JP2015501659-A; Date:2015-01-19
- Mutant glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenasePatent Number: JP2015092872-A; Date:2015-05-18
- VARIANT SUCROSE TRANSPORTER POLYPEPTIDESPatent Number: KR1020140135803-A; Date:2014-11-26
- GLUCOSYLTRANSFERASE ENZYMES FOR PRODUCTION OF GLUCAN POLYMERSPatent Number: JP2015529096-A; Date:2015-10-05
- SYNERGISTIC BACTERIAL COMPOSITIONS AND METHODS OF PRODUCTION AND USE THEREOFPatent Number: JP2015537042-A; Date:2015-12-24
- RECOMBINANT BACTERIA COMPRISING NOVEL SUCROSE TRANSPORTERSPatent Number: KR1020140132392-A; Date:2014-11-17
- PRODUCTION OF ACETYL-COENZYME A DERIVED ISOPRENOIDSPatent Number: KR1020140093981-A; Date:2014-07-29
- GLUCOSYLTRANSFERASE ENZYMES FOR PRODUCTION OF GLUCAN POLYMERSPatent Number: WO2014052386-A2; Date:2014-04-03
- Method for preparing fermented food productsPatent Number: WO0234061-A1; Date:2002-05-02
- STRUCTURE-BASED COMPOUND DESIGN INVOLVING RIBOSWITCHESPatent Number: JP2008518630-A; Date:2008-06-05
- Transformed plant expressing a dextransucrase and synthesizing a modified starchPatent Number: JP2008523790-A; Date:2008-07-10
- Negative Selection Marker and use thereofPatent Number: JP2008199963-A; Date:2008-09-04
- Fermented Foods Containing Plant-based Lactic Acid BacteriumPatent Number: JP2008237128-A; Date:2008-10-09
- Transformant capable of producing butanolPatent Number: JP2009183259-A; Date:2009-08-20
- Manipulation of the nitrogen metabolism using ammoniunm transporter or glucose 6-phosphate deshydogenses or farnesy phospahate synthetase (fpp)Patent Number: WO2007137973-A; Date:2007-12-06
- PCR primer set and gyrB gene partial sequence for detecting lactic acid bacteria in kefir grainPatent Number: JP2010081889-A; Date:2010-04-15
- Truncated alternan sucrase coding nucleic acid moleculesPatent Number: JP2010517588-A; Date:2010-05-27
- Method for preparing fermented food productsPatent Number: EP1201131-A1; Date:2002-05-02
- Nucleic acid molecules coding for a dextran-saccharase catalysing the synthesis of dextran with alpha 1,2-osidic sidechainsPatent Number: WO02074943-A2; Date:2002-09-26
- Recombinant Bacteria for Producing Glycerol and Glycerol-Derived Products from SucrosePatent Number: JP2013512675-A; Date:2013-04-18
- Plants with increased yield and/or increased tolerance to environmental stress (iy-bm)Patent Number: WO2009077611-A2; Date:2009-06-25
- Process for the production of luteinPatent Number: EP2096177-A2; Date:2009-09-02
- Method for producing a transgenic plant cell, a plant or a part thereof with increased resistance biotic stressPatent Number: WO2010037714-A1; Date:2010-04-08
- Enhanced dihydroxy-acid dehydratase activity in lactic acid bacteriaPatent Number: WO2010037105-A1; Date:2010-04-01
- Enhanced pyruvate to 2,3-butanediol conversion in lactic acid bacteriaPatent Number: WO2010037114-A1; Date:2010-04-01
- Plants with increased yield (nue)Patent Number: WO2010046221-A1; Date:2010-04-29
- Polypeptide, Producing and Utilizing ThereofPatent Number: JP2011092113-A; Date:2011-05-12
- FERMENTIVE PRODUCTION OF ISOBUTANOL USING HIGHLY EFFECTIVE KETOL-ACID REDUCTOISOMERASE ENZYMESPatent Number: JP2013505740-A; Date:2013-02-21
- EXPRESSION CASSETTE FOR LACTASE DEHYDROGENASE, TRANSFORMED YEAST AND METHOD OF PRODUCING LACTIC ACIDPatent Number: KR1020100094525-A; Date:2010-08-26
- Method for producing D-lactic acidPatent Number: JP2013179863-A; Date:2013-09-12
- Alpha-keto acid reductase, method for producing the same, and method for producing optically active alpha-hydroxy acids using the samePatent Number: EP1382674-A2; Date:2004-01-21
- METHOD OF PRODUCING SUCCINIC ACID AND OTHER CHEMICALS USING SUCROSE-CONTAINING FEEDSTOCKPatent Number: EP2652122-A2; Date:2013-10-23
- No title suppliedPatent Number: WO2006063862-A1; Date:2006-06-22
- new microbePatent Number: JP2007006769-A; Date:2007-01-18
- ALPHA-KETO ACID REDUCTASE, METHOD FOR PRODUCING THE SAME, ANDMETHOD FOR PRODUCING OPTICALLY ACTIVE ALPHA-HYDROXY ACIDS USINGTHE SAMEPatent Number: KR1020030048385-A; Date:2003-07-15
- Kimchi lactic acid bacteria with inhibiting activities onHelicobacteria Pylori, method for preparing Kimchi using the sameand use thereofPatent Number: KR1020060063792-A; Date:2006-07-07
- NOVEL LACTIC ACID BACTERIA ISOLATED FROM KIMCHI AND HAVING ANTIFUNGAL ACTIVITY, AND COMPOSITON INCLUDING ITPatent Number: KR1020120075832-A; Date:2012-07-09