Alias: Bacillus brevis group, Brevibacillus Shida et al. 1996, rRNA group 4 bacilli
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- Study of cellulases from a newly isolated thermophilic and cellulolytic Brevibacillus sp. strain JXLYanna Liang
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 1230 Lincoln Dr, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 36:961-70. 2009A potentially novel aerobic, thermophilic, and cellulolytic bacterium designated as Brevibacillus sp. strain JXL was isolated from swine waste...
- Effects of bovine milk lactoperoxidase system on some bacteriaM Cankaya
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Ataturk University, 25240, Erzurum, Turkey
Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol 46:64-8. 2010..Bovine LPO showed high antibacterial activity in 100 mM thiocyanate-100 mM H2O2 medium for some bacteria (Brevibacillus centrosaurus, B. choshinensis, B...
- Feeding the BT cationic peptides to chickens at hatch reduces cecal colonization by Salmonella enterica serovar Enteritidis and primes innate immune cell functional activityMichael H Kogut
Southern Plains Agricultural Research Center, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, College Station, Texas 77845, USA
Foodborne Pathog Dis 7:23-30. 2010..BT) cationic peptides are a group of related cationic peptides produced by a Gram-positive soil bacterium, Brevibacillus texasporus...
- [Transformation and expression of specific insecticide gene Bt cry3A in resident endogenetic bacteria isolated from Apriona germari (Hope) larvae intestines]Wang Zhongkang
Bioengineering College of Chongqing University, Chongqing Engineering and Technology Center for Fungal Insecticides, Key Lab of Genetic Function and Regulation, Chongqing 400030, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 48:1168-74. 2008....
- Characterization of endo-1,3-1,4-β-glucanases in GH family 12 from Magnaporthe oryzaeTakumi Takeda
Iwate Biotechnology Research Center, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 88:1113-23. 2010..oryzae and Brevibacillus choshinensis hydrolyzed specifically 1,3-1,4-β-glucans, such as barley β-glucan and lichenan...
- Analysis of the composition of bacterial communities in oil reservoirs from a southern offshore Brazilian basinLara D Sette
Microbial Resources Division, CPQBA UNICAMP, CP 6171, Campinas, SP, CEP 13081 970, Brazil
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 91:253-66. 2007..isolates showing high 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity with Achromobacter xylosoxidans, Bacillus subtilis, Brevibacillus sp., Dietzia sp. and Methylobacterium sp...
- Diversity analysis of antagonists from rice-associated bacteria and their application in biocontrol of rice diseasesJ h Yang
Department of Plant Pathology, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, China
J Appl Microbiol 104:91-104. 2008..To understand the diversity, taxonomy and antagonistic potential of rice-associated bacteria, and to discover new bacteria for biocontrol of rice foliar pathogens...
- [Construction of the shuttle expression-secretion vector with the promoters and signal peptide-encoding sequence from Brevibacillus brevis]Xiao zhou Zhang
Key Lab of Microbiological Engineering Agricultural Environment, Ministry of Agriculture, College of Life Science, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 46:526-30. 2006..tandem promoters and signal peptide-encoding sequence of cell wall protein encoding gene was amplified from Brevibacillus brevis B15 total DNA, the PCR fragment was cloned, sequenced and analyzed, then was submitted to GenBank with ..
- Production of a recombinant cholera toxin B subunit-insulin B chain peptide hybrid protein by Brevibacillus choshinensis expression system as a nasal vaccine against autoimmune diabetesYoshikazu Yuki
Division of Mucosal Immunology, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639 Japan
Biotechnol Bioeng 92:803-9. 2005..autoantigen T cell epitope of insulin B chain peptide 9-23 (C19S) at levels up to 200 mg/L culture media in Brevibacillus choshinensis secretion-expression system...
- Isolation of an ethanol-tolerant endospore-forming Gram-negative Brevibacillus sp. as a covert contaminant in grape tissue culturesP Thomas
Division of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Bangalore, India
J Appl Microbiol 101:764-74. 2006..To characterize the alcohol-surviving bacterial isolate ARBG1 from in vitro grapes (Vitis vinifera)...
- [Analysis of bacterial colonization associated with Gigaspora margarita spores by green fluorescence protein (GFP) marked technology]Liangkun Long
Guangdong Province Institute of Microbiology, Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Microbial Culture Collection and Application, Guangdong Provincial Open Laboratory of Microbial New Application Technique, Guangzhou 510070, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 49:617-23. 2009..We analyzed bacterial colonization associated with spores of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) Gigaspora margarita, to indicate their ecological niche, and to provide information for further researches on their populations or functions...
- Screening for microbial markers in Miocene sediment exposed during open-cast brown coal miningDana Elhottová
Institute of Soil Biology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Na Sadkach 7, 370 05, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 89:459-63. 2006..of genera Nocardiopsis, Arthrobacter, Micrococcus, Kocuria, Rothia, Clavibacter, Bacillus, Paenibacillus, Brevibacillus, Microbacterium, Acinetobacter and Pseudomonas...
- Evaluation of the VITEK2 BCL card for identification of Bacillus species and other aerobic endosporeformersG Halket
Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 50:120-6. 2010..To evaluate the performance of the VITEK2 Bacillus identification card (BCL) for the identification of aerobic endospore-forming bacteria, using fresh isolates and reference strains...
- Composition of bacterial communities associated with natural and laboratory populations of Asobara tabida infected with WolbachiaKarima Zouache
UMR CNRS Ecologie Microbienne, Universite Lyon, Villeurbanne, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:3755-64. 2009..these were several cultured and uncultured representatives of the genera Acetobacter, Acidomonas, Bacillus, Brevibacillus, Duganella, Herbaspirillum, Pseudomonas, Staphylococcus, and Streptococcus...
- Enhanced survival of shrimp, Penaeus (Marsupenaeus) japonicus from white spot syndrome disease after oral administration of recombinant VP28 expressed in Brevibacillus brevisChristopher Marlowe A Caipang
Laboratory of Genome Science, Graduate School of Marine Science and Technology, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Konan, Minato, Tokyo, Japan
Fish Shellfish Immunol 25:315-20. 2008..of purified recombinant VP28, an envelope protein of WSSV, expressed in a Gram-positive bacterium, Brevibacillus brevis, in providing protection in shrimp, Penaeus japonicus, upon challenge with WSSV...
- [Multiplex-PCR approach to identify Bacillus species applied in microbial fertilizers]Fengming Cao
Institute of Agricultural Resources and Regional Planning, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 10081, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 48:651-6. 2008..subtilis, B. amyloliquefaciens, B. licheniformis, and B. pumilus, a rapid and accurate distinguishing method is essential for the identification of the target strains to ensure the quality and safety of microbial fertilizers...
- Paenibacillus jamilae sp. nov., an exopolysaccharide-producing bacterium able to grow in olive-mill wastewaterM Aguilera
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Granada, Spain
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 51:1687-92. 2001..sequence analysis of 16S rDNA with different reference species from the genera Bacillus, Paenibacillus, Brevibacillus, Aneurinibacillus, Alicyclobacillus, Halobacillus, Virgibacillus, Amphibacillus, Coprobacillus and ..
- Molecular characterization of a novel family-46 chitosanase from Pseudomonas sp. A-01Akikazu Ando
Graduate School of Science and Technology, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:2074-81. 2008..Cto1 was successfully overproduced and was secreted by a Brevibacillus choshinensis transformant carrying the cto1 gene on expression plasmid vector pNCMO2...
- Diversity and functionality of Bacillus and related genera isolated from spontaneously fermented soybeans (Indian Kinema) and locust beans (African Soumbala)P K Sarkar
Department of Agrotechnology and Food Sciences, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
Int J Food Microbiol 77:175-86. 2002..subtilis, B. thuringiensis, B. licheniformis, B. cereu, B. badius, Paenibacillus alvei, B. firmus, P. larvae, Brevibacillus laterosporus, B. megaterium, B. mycoides and B. sphaericus. Genomic diversity in the isolates of B...
- A gene cluster involved in pyrimidine reductive catabolism from Brevibacillus agri NCHU1002Chao Hung Kao
Institute of Molecular Biology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:848-54. 2003Genes involved in pyrimidine reductive catabolism (pyd) were isolated from a moderate thermophile, Brevibacillus agri NCHU1002, and nine ORFs in an 8.2-kb DNA fragment were identified by DNA sequence analysis...
- Enumeration and characterization of iron(III)-reducing microbial communities from acidic subsurface sediments contaminated with uranium(VI)Lainie Petrie
Department of Oceanography, College of Medicine, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:7467-79. 2003..and organisms not previously shown to reduce Fe(III) (Paenibacillus and Brevibacillus spp.) predominated in the Fe(III)-reducing consortia of contaminated sediments...
- A microbial consortium isolated from a crude oil sample that uses asphaltenes as a carbon and energy sourceGabriel Pineda-Flores
Departamento de Microbiologá, Escuela Nacional de Ciencias Biologicas, IPN Prol Carpio y Plan de Ayala s n, Apartado Postal CON 174, México DF 06400, Mexico
Biodegradation 15:145-51. 2004..Bacillus sp., Brevibacillus sp. and Staphylococcus sp...
- Biodegradation of polyethylene by the thermophilic bacterium Brevibacillus borstelensisD Hadad
Department of Biotechnology Engineering, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
J Appl Microbiol 98:1093-100. 2005..To select a polyethylene-degrading micro-organism and to study the factors affecting its biodegrading activity...
- Brevibacillus brevis isolated from cadmium- or zinc-contaminated soils improves in vitro spore germination and growth of Glomus mosseae under high Cd or Zn concentrationsA Vivas
Departamento de Microbiologia del Suelo y Sistemas Simbioticos, Estacion Experimental del Zaidin, CSIC, Profesor Albareda 1, 18008, Granada, Spain
Microb Ecol 49:416-24. 2005..Glomus mosseae isolate) under increasing Cd or Zn levels and the influence of a selected bacterial strain of Brevibacillus brevis. Microorganisms here assayed were isolated from Cd or Zn polluted soils. B...
- Vinyl acetate degradation by Brevibacillus agri isolated from a slightly aerated methanogenic reactorI Lara-Mayorga
Biotechnology Department, Universidad Autnoma Metropolitana Iztapalapa, D F, Mexico
Environ Technol 31:1-6. 2010..024 h(-1). The phylogenetical analysis showed that the aerobic bacterium was identified as Brevibacillus agri, with 99.3% similarity...
- Bioproduction of vanillin using an organic solvent-tolerant Brevibacillus agri 13Nuttawat Wangrangsimagul
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok, 10400, Thailand
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 93:555-63. 2012..In this study, an organic solvent-tolerant Brevibacillus agri 13 previously reported for a strong predilectic property was utilized as a whole-cell biocatalyst for ..
- Cattle tick-associated bacteria exert anti-biofilm and anti-Tritrichomonas foetus activitiesK R Zimmer
Centro de Biotecnologia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Vet Microbiol 164:171-6. 2013..Bacteria belonging to different genera (Aeromonas, Bacillus, Brevibacillus, Castelaniella, Comamonas, Kocuria, and Microbacterium) were identified...
- Efficient production of anti-fluorescein and anti-lysozyme as single-chain anti-body fragments (scFv) by Brevibacillus expression systemHiromasa Onishi
Bio Research Group, R and D Department, Higeta Shoyu Co, Ltd, 2 8 Chuo Cho, Choshi, Chiba 288 8680, Japan
Protein Expr Purif 91:184-91. 2013Expression of scFv in Brevibacillus choshinensis was tested using combinations of three different promoters and four different secretion signals. Two model scFv constructs, i.e...
- Efficacy of entomopathogenic bacteria for control of Musca domesticaCristine R Zimmer
Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Instituto de Biologia, Dept Microbiologia e Parasitologia, Brazil
J Invertebr Pathol 114:241-4. 2013..aim of this study was to evaluate the larvicidal activity, and sub lethal effects of entomopathogenic bacteria Brevibacillus laterosporus, Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis, B. thuringiensis var...
- Molecular characterization and analysis of bacterial diversity in Aleurocanthus woglumi (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae)Neeti Pandey
Gut Biology Laboratory, Room No 117, Department of Zoology, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Environ Entomol 42:1257-64. 2013..namely, Bacillus, Kocuria, Micrococcus, Staphylococcus, Paenibacillus, Rhodococcus, Rummellibacillus, Arthrobacter, Curtobacterium, Psychrobacillus, Listeria, Brevibacillus, Bhargavae, and Pantoea, were isolated by culturable methods.
- Biological control as a strategy to reduce the impact of mycotoxins in peanuts, grapes and cereals in ArgentinaS N Chulze
a Departamento de Microbiología e Immunología, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Fisico Quimicas y Naturales, Universidad Nacional de Rio Cuarto, Rio Cuarto, Cordoba, Argentina
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 32:471-9. 2015..Field trials showed that Bacillus subtilis RC 218 and Brevibacillus sp. RC 263 were effective at reducing deoxynivalenol accumulation in wheat...
- Highly Active and Specific Tyrosine Ammonia-Lyases from Diverse Origins Enable Enhanced Production of Aromatic Compounds in Bacteria and Saccharomyces cerevisiaeChristian Bille Jendresen
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability, Technical University of Denmark, Hørsholm, Denmark
Appl Environ Microbiol 81:4458-76. 2015..to have activity exclusively for phenylalanine, including an enzyme from the low-GC Gram-positive bacterium Brevibacillus laterosporus, a bacterial-type enzyme from the amoeba Dictyostelium discoideum, and a phenylalanine ammonia-..
- Potential use of Bacillus thuringiensis bacteriocins to control antibiotic-resistant bacteria associated with mastitis in dairy goatsA J Gutiérrez-Chávez
Departamento de Agronomia, División de Ciencias de la Vida, Universidad de Guanajuato Campus Irapuato Salamanca, Guanajuato, 36500, Mexico
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 61:11-9. 2016..Enterococcus durans, Brevibacillus sp...
- A novel keratinase from Bacillus tequilensis strain Q7 with promising potential for the leather bating processNadia Zaraî Jaouadi
Laboratory of Microbial Biotechnology and Engineering Enzymes LMBEE, Centre of Biotechnology of Sfax CBS, University of Sfax, Road of Sidi Mansour Km 6, P O Box 1177, Sfax 3018, Tunisia
Int J Biol Macromol 79:952-64. 2015..The highest sequence identity value (97%) was obtained with KERUS from Brevibacillus brevis US575, with only 7 aa of difference...
- Influence of Temperature and Copper on Oxalobacteraceae in Soil EnrichmentsHelena Gaspar
Departamento de Fitotecnia, ICAAM Instituto de Ciências Agrárias e Ambientais Mediterrânicas, Universidade de Evora, Núcleo da Mitra, Ap 94, 7006 554, Evora, Portugal
Curr Microbiol 72:370-6. 2016..to genus Massilia, a genus of the Oxalobacteraceae (β-Proteobacteria), while at 50 °C, members of the Brevibacillus genus, phylum Firmicutes were also represented...
- Isolation and Characterization of Spore-Forming Bacilli (SFB) from Shepherd's Purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris)Won Jun Lee
Dept of Food Science and Technology, Chung Ang Univ, Ansung, Kyungki do, 456 756, South Korea
J Food Sci 81:M684-91. 2016..Three genera were identified: Bacillus (9 species), Paenibacillus (3 species), and Brevibacillus (1 species)...
- Isolation and genetic identification of spore-formers associated with concentrated-milk processing in NebraskaBismarck A Martinez
Department of Food Science and Technology, Lincoln 68588
J Dairy Sci . 2016..Bacillus safensis, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus sonorensis, and Brevibacillus sp., with the last 3 organisms being capable of growing at thermophilic temperatures...
- [Labeling of biocontrol agents ZJY-1 and ZJY-116 gfp gene and its ecological adaptability in cucumber rhizosphere]Xin Zhang
College of Agriculture and Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 16:2144-8. 2005..contained with gfp gene and chloramphenicol resistant was successfully introduced into two biocontrol agents Brevibacillus brevis ZJY-1 and Bacillus subtilis ZJY-116...
- Multiple activation of mitogen-activated protein kinases by purified independent CCN2 modules in vascular endothelial cells and chondrocytes in cultureS Kubota
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Dentistry, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama 700 8525, Japan
Biochimie 88:1973-81. 2006..prepared all 4 purified module proteins of human CCN2, utilizing a secretory production system with Brevibacillus choshinensis and thus evaluated the cell biological effects of such single modules...
- Isolation, identification of sludge-lysing strain and its utilization in thermophilic aerobic digestion for waste activated sludgeXuesong Li
Department of Biological Functions and Engineering, Graduate School of Life Science and Systems Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 2 4 Hibikino, Wakamatsu ku, Kitakyushu 808 0196, Japan
Bioresour Technol 100:2475-81. 2009..The result of 16S rRNA gene analysis demonstrated that it was a species of new genus Brevibacillus (named Brevibacillus sp. KH3)...
- Characterization of an endophytic bacterial community associated with Eucalyptus sppR E L Procópio
Departamento de Genetica, Escola Superior de Agricultura Luiz de Queiroz, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Piracicaba, SP, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 8:1408-22. 2009..identified by 16S rDNA sequencing as Erwinia/Pantoea (45%), Agrobacterium sp (21%), Curtobacterium sp (9%), Brevibacillus sp (8%), Pseudomonas sp (8%), Acinetobacter sp (4%), Burkholderia cepacia (2.6%), and Lactococcus lactis (2...
- Biosorption and biodegradation of triphenyltin by Brevibacillus brevisJinshao Ye
Department of Environmental Engineering, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, Guangdong, China
Bioresour Technol 129:236-41. 2013..accelerate TPT elimination, the study on the behavior and mechanism of TPT biosorption and biodegradation by Brevibacillus brevis was conducted...
- Production and purification of a hyperthermostable chitinase from Brevibacillus formosus BISR-1 isolated from the Great Indian Desert soilsSavita Meena
Department of Biotechnology, Birla Institute of Scientific Research, Statue Circle, Jaipur, 302 001, Rajasthan, India
Extremophiles 18:451-62. 2014A strain of Brevibacillus formosus, capable of producing a high level of chitinase, was isolated and characterized for the first time from the Great Indian Desert soils...
- Determination of cypermethrin degradation potential of soil bacteria along with plant growth-promoting characteristicsShamsa Akbar
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Curr Microbiol 70:75-84. 2015..three bacterial strains isolated from agricultural soil and identified as Acinetobacter calcoaceticus MCm5, Brevibacillus parabrevis FCm9, and Sphingomonas sp...
- Biodegradation and detoxification of textile dye Disperse Red 54 by Brevibacillus laterosporus and determination of its metabolic fateMayur B Kurade
Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Engineering, Hanyang University, Hangdang dong Sungdong Gu, Seoul 133 791, South Korea Department of Biotechnology, Shivaji University, Vidyanagar, Kolhapur 416004, MS, India
J Biosci Bioeng 121:442-9. 2016..In the present bioremedial approach, Brevibacillus laterosporus was used as an effective microbial tool to decolorize disperse dye Disperse Red 54 (DR54)...
- Magnesium ions increase the activity of Bacillus deramificans pullulanase expressed by Brevibacillus choshinensisChun Zou
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, 1800 Lihu Avenue, Wuxi, 214122, China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 100:7115-23. 2016..medium has been found to dramatically increase the activity of Bacillus deramificans pullulanase expressed by Brevibacillus choshinensis...
- Larvicidal activity and effects on post embrionary development of laboratory reared Musca domestica (Linnaeus, 1758) (Diptera: Muscidae), treated with Brevibacillus laterosporus (Laubach) spore suspensionsVitor Dos S B Ferreira
Laboratório de Entomologia Médica e Forense, Pavilhão Herman Lent, Sala 14, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz FIOCRUZ, Av Brasil, 4365, Rio de Janeiro CEP 21040 360, Brazil
J Invertebr Pathol 137:54-7. 2016The application of a spore suspension of Brevibacillus laterosporus (Laubach) (strain Bon707), at a concentration of 1.94×10(9)CFU/mL in the diet, induced a level of 70% mortality in larvae of Musca domestica...
- Bacterial Communities Associated with Different Anthurium andraeanum L. Plant TissuesYohanna Sarria-Guzmán
CONACYT Colegio de Postgraduados Campus Campeche
Microbes Environ 31:321-8. 2016..e., considered specialists, while Brevibacillus, Lachnospiraceae, Pseudomonas, and Pseudomonas pseudoalcaligenes were generalist and colonized all plant parts...
- Pathogenic features of heterotrophic plate count bacteria from drinking-water boreholesSuranie Horn
Unit for Environmental Sciences and Management, Potchefstroom Campus, North West University, Private Bag X6001, Potchefstroom 2520, South Africa E mail
J Water Health 14:890-900. 2016..gt; Bacillus pumilus > Brevibacillus sp. > Bacillus subtilis > Bacillus sp...
- Mosquitocidal bacterial toxins: diversity, mode of action and resistance phenomenaJ F Charles
Bactéries et Champignons Entomopathogènes, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris, France
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 95:201-6. 2000..sphaericus strains, as well as isolates of Brevibacillus laterosporus and Clostridium bifermentans...
- Nature of polymorphisms in 16S-23S rRNA gene intergenic transcribed spacer fingerprinting of Bacillus and related generaDaniele Daffonchio
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari e Microbiologiche, Universita degli Studi, 20133 Milan, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:5128-37. 2003..in ITS-PCR fingerprinting of low-G+C-content spore-forming bacteria belonging to the genera Bacillus, Brevibacillus, Geobacillus, and Paenibacillus: We found that besides the polymorphisms in the homoduplex fragments amplified ..
- Expression and purification of thioredoxin (TrxA) and thioredoxin reductase (TrxB) from Brevibacillus choshinensisRyoichi Tanaka
Faculty of Agriculture, Kagoshima University, 1 21 24 Korimoto, Kagoshima 890 0065, Japan
Protein Expr Purif 37:385-91. 2004b>Brevibacillus choshinensis (formerly Bacillus brevis) is a protein-hyperproducing bacterium and has been used for commercial protein production. Here, we cloned thioredoxin (trxA) and thioredoxin reductase (trxB) genes from B...
- Description of heterotrophic bacteria occurring in paper mills and paper productsM L Suihko
VTT Biotechnology, Espoo, Finland
J Appl Microbiol 97:1228-35. 2004..To isolate aerobic mesophilic bacilli and thermophilic bacteria from different paper mill samples and to evaluate their potential harmfulness...
- Survival of the biocontrol agents Brevibacillus brevis ZJY-1 and Bacillus subtilis ZJY-116 on the spikes of barley in the fieldXin Zhang
Department of Plant Protection, School of Agriculture and Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 6:770-7. 2005..GFP) expressing plasmid pRP22-GFP was constructed for monitoring the colonization of two biocontrol agents, Brevibacillus brevis ZJY-1 and Bacillus subtilis ZJY-116, on the spikes of barley and their effect on suppression of FHB...
- Two bacterial strains isolated from a Zn-polluted soil enhance plant growth and mycorrhizal efficiency under Zn-toxicityA Vivas
Departamento de Microbiologia del Suelo y Sistemas Simbioticos, Estacion Experimental del Zaidin, CSIC, Prof Albareda, 1, 18008 Granada, Spain
Chemosphere 62:1523-33. 2006..Molecular identification placed the strain B-I within the genus Brevibacillus. Our results showed that bacterial strain B-I consistently enhanced plant growth, N and P accumulation, as ..
- Brevibacillus ginsengisoli sp. nov., a denitrifying bacterium isolated from soil of a ginseng fieldSang Hoon Baek
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology KAIST, 373 1, Guseong Dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 701, Republic of Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 56:2665-9. 2006..sequence similarity, strain Gsoil 3088T was shown to belong to the family Paenibacillaceae, being related to Brevibacillus centrosporus (96.6%), Brevibacillus borstelensis (96.3%), Brevibacillus parabrevis (96...
- Species diversity and substrate utilization patterns of thermophilic bacterial communities in hot aerobic poultry and cattle manure compostsChao Min Wang
Graduate Institute of Veterinary Microbiology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 40227, Taiwan, Republic of China
Microb Ecol 54:1-9. 2007..atrophaeus, Geobacillus stearothermophilus, G. thermodenitrificans, Brevibacillus thermoruber, Ureibacillus terrenus, U. thermosphaericus, and Paenibacillus cookii. In this study, B...
- Histidine-regulated activity of M-ficolinMichikazu Tanio
Mitsubishi Kagaku Institute of Life Sciences, 11 Minamiooya, Machida, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem J 417:485-91. 2009..To investigate the origins of the pH dependency, mutational analyses were performed on FD1 expressed by Brevibacillus choshinensis...
- Brevibacillus laterosporus MTCC 2298: a potential azo dye degraderS S Gomare
Department of Biochemistry, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, India
J Appl Microbiol 106:993-1004. 2009To evaluate the potential of Brevibacillus laterosporus MTCC 2298 for the decolourization of different textile azo dyes including methyl red, mechanism of biotransformation and the toxicity of products.
- DNA-binding specificity of the Lon protease alpha-domain from Brevibacillus thermoruber WR-249Yu Ching Lin
Institute of Biochemical Sciences, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 388:62-6. 2009..Here we examined the DNA-binding activity of Lon protease alpha-domains from Brevibacillus thermoruber (Bt), Bacillus subtilis (Bs), and Escherichia coli (Ec)...
- Enzymatic degradation of fibroin fiber by a fibroinolytic enzyme of Brevibacillus thermoruber YAS-1Yasunori Suzuki
Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Kyoto Prefectural University, Shimogamo, Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8522, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 108:211-5. 2009..b>Brevibacillus thermoruber YAS-1, a thermophile which produces a proteinase with high action on fibroin fiber, was screened ..
- Characterization and phylogenetic analysis of biodemulsifier-producing bacteriaXiang Feng Huang
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resource Reuse, Tongji University, Shanghai 20092, China
Bioresour Technol 101:317-23. 2010..tests and 16S rDNA analysis, these isolates were classified into eleven genera, in which six genera (Brevibacillus sp., Dietzia sp., Ochrobactrum sp., Pusillimonas sp., Sphingopyxis sp. and Achromobacter sp...
- Toward plant cell wall degradation under thermophilic condition: a unique microbial community developed originally from swine wasteYanna Liang
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, 1230 Lincoln Dr, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 161:147-56. 2010..16S ribosomal DNA, it was revealed that this community was mainly composed of three genera: Thermobacillus, Brevibacillus, and Anoxybacillus...
- Bacillus marcorestinctum sp. nov., a novel soil acylhomoserine lactone quorum-sensing signal quenching bacteriumYan Han
Department of Bio and Food Engineering, Dalian College of Light Industry, China
Int J Mol Sci 11:507-20. 2010..The closest relatives based on the 16S rRNA gene sequence are Bacillus anthracis, Bacillus thuringiensis, and Brevibacillus brevis (syn. Bacillus brevis) with the similarity of 96.5%...
- Biodegradation of phenanthrene with biosurfactant production by a new strain of Brevibacillus spM Srikanth Reddy
Biotechnology Laboratory, Department of Botany, Osmania University, Hyderabad 500007, India
Bioresour Technol 101:7980-3. 2010..strain was isolated by enrichment method from hydrocarbon contaminated sludge samples and identified as Brevibacillus sp...
- Biodegradation of malathion by Brevibacillus sp. strain KB2 and Bacillus cereus strain PUBaljinder Singh
Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 28:1133-41. 2012We report here the degradation of a pesticide, malathion, by Brevibacillus sp. strain KB2 and Bacillus cereus strain PU, isolated from soil samples collected from malathion contaminated field and an army firing range respectively...
- Isolation and characterisation of aerobic endospore forming Bacilli from sugarcane rhizosphere for the selection of strains with agriculture potentialitiesTeresa de Los Milagros Orberá Ratón
Centro de Estudios de Biotecnología Industrial, Facultad de Ciencias Naturales, Universidad de Oriente, Av Patricio Lumumba S N, 90500, Santiago de Cuba, Cuba
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 28:1593-603. 2012..seven strains belonged to Bacillus (Bacillaceae family), four belonged to Paenibacillus, six belonged to Brevibacillus and one strain was identified as Cohnella (Paenibacillaceae family)...
- High-level intracellular expression of heterologous proteins in Brevibacillus choshinensis SP3 under the control of a xylose inducible promoterNunzia D'Urzo
Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics, Via Fiorentina 1, 53100, Siena, Italy
Microb Cell Fact 12:12. 2013..b>Brevibacillus choshinensis is an easy to handle non-sporulating bacterium, lacking extracellular proteases, that has been ..
- ¹H, ¹³C and ¹⁵N backbone resonance assignments of the monomeric human M-ficolin fibrinogen-like domain secreted by Brevibacillus choshinensisMichikazu Tanio
Institute for Molecular Science, 38 Nishigo naka, Myodaiji, Okazaki, 444 8585, Japan
Biomol NMR Assign 8:207-11. 2014..the backbone resonances of the monomeric mutant of the M-ficolin FBG domain, recombinantly expressed by Brevibacillus choshinensis...
- Backbone resonance assignments of the α sub-domain of Brevibacillus thermoruber Lon proteaseYu Da Chen
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, 10617, Taiwan
Biomol NMR Assign 8:233-6. 2014..Here, we report (1)H, (15)N and (13)C backbone assignment for the α sub-domain from Brevibacillus thermoruber Lon protease as the basis for the elucidation of its structure and interactions with DNA, ..
- Degradation of a xenobiotic textile dye, Disperse Brown 118, by Brevibacillus laterosporusMayur B Kurade
Department of Biotechnology, Shivaji University, Kolhapur, India
Biotechnol Lett 35:1593-8. 2013The toxic textile dye, Disperse Brown 118, was degraded by Brevibacillus laterosporus...
- Brevibacillus fulvus sp. nov., isolated from a compost pileKouta Hatayama
Faculty of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8572, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 64:506-12. 2014..The 16S rRNA gene sequences of the strains were 100% identical and had high similarity to that of Brevibacillus levickii LMG 22481(T) (97.3%)...
- Brevibacillus themoruber: a promising microbial cell factory for exopolysaccharide productionS Yasar Yildiz
Department of Bioengineering, Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Appl Microbiol 116:314-24. 2014..This study aims to identify a high level exopolysaccharide (EPS) producer thermophile that in turn could be used as a model organism to study the biological mechanisms and whole genome organization of EPS-producing thermophilic bacteria...
- Biochemical and molecular characterization of a serine keratinase from Brevibacillus brevis US575 with promising keratin-biodegradation and hide-dehairing activitiesNadia Zaraî Jaouadi
Laboratory of Microorganisms and Biomolecules LMB, Centre of Biotechnology of Sfax CBS, University of Sfax, Sfax, Tunisia
PLoS ONE 8:e76722. 2013..The present paper reports on the purification of an extracellular keratinase (KERUS) newly isolated from Brevibacillus brevis strain US575...
- Isolation and characterization of marine Brevibacillus sp. S-1 collected from South China Sea and a novel antitumor peptide produced by the strainLanhong Zheng
Key Laboratory of Sustainable Development of Marine Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture, Yellow Sea Fisheries Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences, Qingdao, PR China
PLoS ONE 9:e111270. 2014..Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequence showed that S-1 belongs to the genus Brevibacillus. A novel cytotoxic peptide was isolated from the fermentation broth of the marine-derived bacterium ..
- Functional expression of recombinant human trefoil factor 1 by Escherichia coli and Brevibacillus choshinensisYueh Mei Cheng
Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
BMC Biotechnol 15:32. 2015..Previous recombinant expressions of TFF1 were too low yield for industrial application. This study aims to improve the expression level of bioactive recombinant TFF1 (rTFF1) and facilitate application potency...
- Antifungal activity of Brevibacillus laterosporus JX-5 and characterization of its antifungal componentsHongxia Jiang
College of Life Science, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian, 271018, China
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 31:1605-18. 2015..This study aimed to establish Brevibacillus laterosporus JX-5 as a potential microbiological control agent of poplar canker...
- Preliminary screening of the larvicidal effect of Brevibacillus laterosporus strains against the blowfly Chrysomya megacephala (Fabricius, 1794) (Diptera: Calliphoridae)Isabel Nogueira Carramaschi
Laboratório de Entomologia Médica e Forense, Pavilhão Herman Lent, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, BR
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 48:427-31. 2015This study evaluated whether different strains of Brevibacillus laterosporus could be used to control larvae of the blowfly Chrysomya megacephala, a pest that affects both human and animal health.
- Characterization of bacterial diversity associated with calcareous deposits and drip-waters, and isolation of calcifying bacteria from two Colombian minesMariandrea García G
Applied Mineralogy and Bioprocess Research Group, Biomineralogy and Biohydrometallurgy Laboratory, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, 050024, Medellin, Colombia Microbiodiversity and Bioprospection Research Group, Cellular and Molecular Biology Laboratory, Universidad Nacional de Colombia Sede Medellin, 050024, Colombia Electronic address
Microbiol Res 182:21-30. 2016..seven genera were capable of precipitating calcium carbonates: Lysinibacillus, Bacillus, Strenotophomonas, Brevibacillus, Methylobacterium, Aeromicrobium and Acinetobacter...
- Efficient extracellular expression of Bacillus deramificans pullulanase in Brevibacillus choshinensisChun Zou
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Jiangnan University, 1800 Lihu Avenue, Wuxi, 214122, China
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 43:495-504. 2016In this study, the pullulanase gene from Bacillus deramificans was efficiently expressed in Brevibacillus choshinensis...
- [The construction of shuttle vectors of Brevibacillus brevis-Escherichia coli]Qing Zhong Peng
Institute of Biotechnology, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100071, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 18:438-41. 2002..brevis 50, soluble and biologically active alpha-amylase was secreted directly into the culture medium. The expression level of alpha-amylase in the recombinant Br. brevis 50 was twice higher than that of the donor strain...
- Protective mucosal immunity in aging is associated with functional CD4+ T cells in nasopharyngeal-associated lymphoreticular tissueYukari Hagiwara
Department of Oral Biology, Immunobiology Vaccine Center, University of Alabama, 845 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Immunol 170:1754-62. 2003..or with a nontoxic chimeric enterotoxin (mutant cholera toxin-A E112K/B subunit of native labile toxin) from Brevibacillus choshinensis...
- Cloning and expression of the ccdA-associated thiol-disulfide oxidoreductase (catA) gene from Brevibacillus choshinensis: stimulation of human epidermal growth factor productionRyoichi Tanaka
Applied and Molecular Microbiology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagoshima University, 1 21 24 Korimoto, Kagoshima 890 0065, Japan
J Biotechnol 103:1-10. 2003b>Brevibacillus choshinensis (Bacillus brevis) is a protein-hyperproducing bacterium with a useful host-vector system for the production of recombinant proteins...
- Phylogenetic relationships between Bacillus species and related genera inferred from comparison of 3' end 16S rDNA and 5' end 16S-23S ITS nucleotide sequencesDong Xu
Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Research Centre, 430 Gouin Blvd, St Jean sur Richelieu, Quebec, Canada J3B 3E6
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:695-704. 2003..These included 21 Bacillus, 9 Paenibacillus, 6 Brevibacillus, 2 Geobacillus, 1 Marinibacillus and 1 Virgibacillus species...
- Functional domains of Brevibacillus thermoruber lon protease for oligomerization and DNA binding: role of N-terminal and sensor and substrate discrimination domainsAlan Yueh Luen Lee
Institute of Biological Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115
J Biol Chem 279:34903-12. 2004..A thermostable Lon protease from Brevibacillus thermoruber WR-249 (Bt-Lon) has been cloned and characterized with an N-terminal domain, a central ATPase ..
- Suppression of Meloidogyne javanica by antagonistic and plant growth-promoting rhizobacteriaBin Li
Institute of Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 6:496-501. 2005..They were identified as Brevibacillus brevis or Bacillus subtilis by Biolog test and partial 16s rDNA sequence comparison...
- An extracellular protease from Brevibacillus laterosporus G4 without parasporal crystals can serve as a pathogenic factor in infection of nematodesXiaowei Huang
Key Laboratory for Conservation and Utilization of Bioresources, Yunnan University, 650091 Kunming, PR China
Res Microbiol 156:719-27. 2005b>Brevibacillus laterosporus is an aerobic spore-forming bacterium with the ability to produce canoe-shaped lamellar parasporal inclusions adjacent to spores. An isolate named G4 was identified as a B...
- Development of a group-specific PCR combined with ARDRA for the identification of Bacillus species of environmental significanceXi Yang Wu
Immunology and Microbiology, Elizabeth Macarthur Agriculture Institute, NSW DPI, PMB 8, Camden, NSW 2570, Australia
J Microbiol Methods 64:107-19. 2006..patterns to differentiate between 15 ATCC reference strains (10 Bacillus, 3 Paenibacillus and 2 Brevibacillus member species) as well as 3 misidentified Bacillus probiotic strains in a commercial collection...
- Stable coexistence of five bacterial strains as a cellulose-degrading communitySouichiro Kato
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:7099-106. 2005..strain FG4, Pseudoxanthomonas sp. strain M1-3, Brevibacillus sp. strain M1-5, and Bordetella sp...
- Structure and biosynthesis of the BT peptide antibiotic from Brevibacillus texasporusXiaofeng Wu
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, 428 Reynolds Medical Building, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, College Station, TX 77843 1114, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:8519-30. 2005We isolated a novel gram-positive bacterium, Brevibacillus texasporus, that produces an antibiotic, BT. BT is a group of related peptides that are produced by B. texasporus cells in response to nutrient limitation...
- Flow-injection determination of L-histidine with an immobilized histidine oxidase from Brevibacillus borstelensis KAIT-B-022 and chemiluminescence detectionNobutoshi Kiba
Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, University of Yamanashi, Takeda 4 3 11, Kofu 400 8511, Japan
Anal Sci 22:95-8. 2006..Histidine oxidase (EC 1.4.3.-) from Brevibacillus borstelensis KAIT-B-022 was immobilized on tresylated poly(vinyl alcohol) beads and packed into a stainless-..
- Isolation and characterization of a bluegill-degrading microorganism, and analysis of the root hair-promoting effect of the degraded productsSirilak Sanpa
Department of Bioscience and Technology, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University, Shiga, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 70:340-7. 2006Bluegill-degrading bacteria were isolated from various environmental sources. Brevibacillus sp...
- Cloning, expression and deletion of the cuticle-degrading protease BLG4 from nematophagous bacterium Brevibacillus laterosporus G4Baoyu Tian
Laboratory for Conservation and Utilization of Bioresources, Yunnan University, Kunming, 650091 Yunnan, People s Republic of China
Arch Microbiol 186:297-305. 2006b>Brevibacillus laterosporus G4, which was isolated from soil sample, kills free-living nematodes (Panagrellus redivius) and plant-parasite nematodes (Bursaphelenchus xylophilus) and degrades their cuticle in previous bioassay...
- 15N isotope labeling of a protein secreted by Brevibacillus choshinensis for NMR studyMichikazu Tanio
Mitsubishi Kagaku Institute of Life Sciences, Machida, Tokyo 194 8511, Japan
Anal Biochem 373:164-6. 2008
- Experimental investigation of microbiologically influenced corrosion of selected steels in sugarcane juice environmentSunil Bala Wesley
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad, India
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 29:2353-7. 2013..These were characterized as Brevibacillus parabrevis, Bacillus azotoformans, Paenibacillus lautus and Micrococcus sp...
- Heterotrophic bacteria growing in association with Methylococcus capsulatus (Bath) in a single cell protein production processHarald Bothe
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 59:33-9. 2002..These bacteria have now been identified as a not yet described member of the Aneurinibacillus group, a Brevibacillus agri strain, and an acetate-oxidiser of the genus Ralstonia...
- [Isolation, biological properties, and spatial structure of an antibiotic loloatin A]S A Krachkovskiĭ
Shemyakin Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, ul Miklukho Maklaya 16 10, GSP Moscow, 117997 Russia
Bioorg Khim 28:298-302. 2002Peptide antibiotic with cyanolytic activity was isolated from the IGM52 strain of the Brevibacillus laterosporus Gram-positive spore-forming bacteria...
- Reclassification of Brevibacillus brevis strains NCIMB 13288 and DSM 6472 (=NRRL NRS-887) as Aneurinibacillus danicus sp. nov. and Brevibacillus limnophilus sp. novKeiichi Goto
Microbiological and Analytical Group, Food Research Laboratories, Mitsui Norin Co Ltd, 223 1, Miyahara, Fujieda, Shizuoka 426 0133, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 54:419-27. 2004..in length) at the 5' end of the 16S rDNA sequences of 29 bacterial strains that were identified previously as Brevibacillus brevis showed that 13 strains clustered with Aneurinibacillus species, eight strains clustered with Bacillus ..
- Expression and purification of the Bacillus subtilis thioredoxin superfamily protein YkvVRyoichi Tanaka
Faculty of Agriculture, Kagoshima University, 1 21 24 Korimoto, Kagoshima 890 0065, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:1801-4. 2004..subtilis YkvV protein, an extracellular thioredoxin superfamily protein, was successfully expressed both in Brevibacillus choshinensis culture medium using an efficient promoter and the secretion signal of its surface layer protein, ..
- Role of an extracellular neutral protease in infection against nematodes by Brevibacillus laterosporus strain G4Baoyu Tian
Laboratory for Conservation and Utilization of Bio Resources, Yunnan University, Kunming, Yunnan 650091, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 74:372-80. 2007..A previous analysis using a strain with a deletion in an extracellular alkaline protease BLG4 gene from Brevibacillus laterosporus demonstrated that BLG4 was responsible for the majority of nematicidal activity by destroying ..
- Metabolic activity and phylogenetic diversity of reed (Phragmites australis) periphyton bacterial communities in a hungarian shallow soda lakeAndrea K Borsodi
Department of Microbiology, Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest, Hungary
Microb Ecol 53:612-20. 2007..Hydrogenophaga, and Rhodoferax), gamma-Proteobacteria (Psychrobacter and Shewanella), low G + C Gram-positives (Brevibacillus, Paenibacillus, and Exiguobacterium) and high G + C Gram-positives (Aureobacterium and Microbacterium).
- PLANTS CONTAINING BENEFICIAL ENDOPHYTESPatent Number: EP3086646-A2; Date:2016-11-02
- Pesticidal genes from brevibacillus and methods for their usePatent Number: WO2010075352-A1; Date:2010-07-01