Publications183 found, 100 shown here
- Phylogenetic relationships between Sarcocystis species from reindeer and other Sarcocystidae deduced from ssu rRNA gene sequencesStina S Dahlgren
Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Department of Food Safety and Infection Biology, Section of Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, Oslo, Norway
Vet Parasitol 151:27-35. 2008Six Sarcocystis species from reindeer (S. grueneri, S. rangi, S. tarandivulpes, S. hardangeri, S. rangiferi and S. tarandi) have previously been genetically characterised...
- Protozoan infections (Toxoplasma gondii, Neospora caninum and Sarcocystis spp.) in sheep and goats: recent advancesD Buxton
Division of Virology, Moredun Research Institute, International Research Centre, Scotland, UK
Vet Res 29:289-310. 1998..b>Sarcocystis, which exists as numerous species, undergoes a coccidian-like life cycle with each having a distinctive ..
- The prevalence of intestinal parasites in dogs from Prague, rural areas, and shelters of the Czech RepublicS Dubná
Department of Zoology and Fisheries, Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Agriculture in Prague, Kamycka 957, 165 21 Prague 6, Suchdol, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 145:120-8. 2007..1.1%), Taenia-type (1.0%), Giardia spp. (0.1%), Toxascaris sp. (0.9%), Dipylidium sp. (0.7%), Sarcocystis spp. (0.6%), Capillaria spp. (0.6%), Neospora/Hammondia spp. (0.5%), Ancylostoma sp. (0.4%), Uncinaria sp. (0...
- Emerging food-borne parasitesP Dorny
Department of Animal Health, Institute of Tropical Medicine, B 2000 Antwerp, Belgium
Vet Parasitol 163:196-206. 2009..However, it is often not very sensitive, frequently not practised, and not done for T. gondii and Sarcocystis spp...
- Toxoplasma gondii, Neospora caninum, Sarcocystis neurona, and Sarcocystis canis-like infections in marine mammalsJ P Dubey
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
Vet Parasitol 116:275-96. 2003Toxoplasma gondii, Neospora caninum, Sarcocystis neurona, and S. canis are related protozoans that can cause mortality in many species of domestic and wild animals. Recently, T. gondii and S...
- Prevalence of antibodies to Trypanosoma cruzi, Toxoplasma gondii, Encephalitozoon cuniculi, Sarcocystis neurona, Besnoitia darlingi, and Neospora caninum in North American opossums, Didelphis virginiana, from southern LouisianaAlice E Houk
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 0342, USA
J Parasitol 96:1119-22. 2010..Toxoplasma gondii, and Encephalitozoon cuniculi) and protozoans of veterinary importance ( Neospora caninum, Sarcocystis neurona, and Besnoitia darlingi) in a population of North American opossums ( Didelphis virginiana) from ..
- Blood clotting disorders during experimental sarcocystiosis in calvesA Daugschies
Institut für Parasitologie, Tierarztliche Hochschule Hannover, Germany
Int J Parasitol 28:1187-94. 1998The effects of experimental infection of calves with Sarcocystis cruzi on the blood coagulation cascade were investigated. Calves were inoculated orally with 1 x 10(5) sporocysts (group S1, n = 6) or with 5 x 10(5) sporocysts of S...
- The potential usefulness of the modified Kato thick smear technique in the detection of intestinal sarcocystosis during field surveysAnchalee Tungtrongchitr
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, 2 Pranok Road, Bangkok Noi, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 38:232-8. 2007..The prevalence of Opisthorchis viverrini (14.8%), hookworm (10.2%), Sarcocystis spp (4.6%), Taenia spp (2.9%), Strongyloides stercoralis (2.1%), Giardia lamblia (1.2%), Echinostoma spp (0...
- Evaluation of commercial enzyme immunoassay (EIA) and immunofluorescent antibody (FA) test kits for detection of Cryptosporidium oocysts of species other than Cryptosporidium parvumT K Graczyk
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, School of Hygiene and Public Health, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 54:274-9. 1996..was no cross-reactivity of EIA with ova of eight medically important helminths, three Eimeria species oocysts, Sarcocystis cruzi sporocysts, and two Candida sp. isolates. All nine snake oocyst isolates (C...
- [Current prevalence of toxocariasis and other intestinal parasitoses among dogs in Bratislava]A Totkova
Parazitologický ustav LF UK Bratislava
Epidemiol Mikrobiol Imunol 55:17-22. 2006..Giardia was the significantly most frequent genus among intestinal protozoans while Isospora, Sarcocystis and Cryptosporidium were considerably less common...
- [Formation and diversity of parasitophorous vacuoles in parasitic protozoa. The Coccidia (Sporozoa, Apicomplexa)]T V Beier
Institute of Cytology RAS, 194064, St Petersburg
Tsitologiia 45:339-56. 2003..For Toxoplasma gondii and other cyst-forming coccidia (Isospora, Sarcocystis), a definite correlation has been noticed between the extent of rhoptry and dense granule secrets released by a ..
- Brown-headed cowbirds (Molothrus ater) harbor Sarcocystis neurona and act as intermediate hostsL S Mansfield
Departments of Large Animal Clinical Sciences and Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Vet Parasitol 153:24-43. 2008We tested the hypothesis that brown-headed cowbirds (Molothrus ater) harbor Sarcocystis neurona, the agent of equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM), and act as intermediate hosts for this parasite...
- Prevalence of dog intestinal parasites and risk perception of zoonotic infection by dog owners in São Paulo State, BrazilS Katagiri
Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Zoonoses Public Health 55:406-13. 2008..7%), Trichuris vulpis (7.1%), Dipylidium caninum (2.4%), Isospora (3.5%), Cryptosporidium (3.1%) and Sarcocystis (2.7%). Stray dogs were found more likely to be poliparasitized (P<0...
- Prevalence of endoparasites in household cat (Felis catus) populations from Transylvania (Romania) and association with risk factorsViorica Mircean
University of Agricultural Science and Veterinary Medicine, Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases Department, 3 5 Mănăştur Street, Cod 400372, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Vet Parasitol 171:163-6. 2010..3.4%), Capillaria aerophila (3.1%), Taenia taeniaeformis (2.7%), T. gondii/H. hammondi (1.2%), Sarcocystis spp. (1%), Giardia duodenalis (0.7%) and Dypillidium caninum (0.2%)...
- Identification of Tritrichomonas foetus and Giardia spp. infection in pedigree show cats in New ZealandD D Kingsbury
Institute of Veterinary, Animal and Biomedical Sciences, Massey University, Private Bag 11222, Palmerston North 4442, New Zealand
N Z Vet J 58:6-10. 2010..To establish the presence of Tritrichomonas foetus, to investigate the prevalence of co-infection with Giardia spp., and determine risk factors for T. foetus infection in pedigree show cats in New Zealand...
- Prevalence of Sarcocystis species sporocysts in Northern Virginia opossums (Didelphis virginiana)Hany M Elsheikha
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Parasitol Res 93:427-31. 2004..region, United States, during a period extending from 1996 to 2002 were sampled for the presence of Sarcocystis spp sporocysts...
- [Intestinal parasites in dogs and cats with gastrointestinal symptoms in Santiago, Chile]Javier Lopez
Clínica Veterinaria Alcántara, La Florida, Santiago, Chile
Rev Med Chil 134:193-200. 2006..There is an increasing importance of pet-transmitted infections, some of those are considered emerging infections...
- Evolutionary relationships among cyst-forming coccidia Sarcocystis spp. (Alveolata: Apicomplexa: Coccidea) in endemic African tree vipers and perspective for evolution of heteroxenous life cycleJan R Slapeta
Department of Parasitology, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Brno, Czech Republic
Mol Phylogenet Evol 27:464-75. 2003Cyst-forming coccidia of the genus Sarcocystis (Alveolata: Apicomplexa: Coccidea) parasitize vertebrates worldwide...
- Does human proximity affect antibody prevalence in marine-foraging river otters (Lontra canadensis)?Joseph K Gaydos
University of California, Davis, Wildlife Health Center, Orcas Island Office, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, 1016 Deer Harbor Road, Eastsound, Washington 98245, USA
J Wildl Dis 43:116-23. 2007..None of the 15 tested animals from Alaska were positive. Antibodies to Neospora caninum (n=40), Sarcocystis neurona (n=40), Brucella abortus (n=55), avian influenza (n=40), canine distemper virus (n=55), phocine ..
- Phylogenetic analysis of coccidia based on 18S rDNA sequence comparison indicates that Isospora is most closely related to Toxoplasma and NeosporaR A Carreno
Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Canada
J Eukaryot Microbiol 45:184-8. 1998..Isospora felis, Isospora ohioensis and Isospora suis, and a Sarcocystis sp...
- Taxonomic position of the human intestinal protozoan parasite Isospora belli as based on ribosomal RNA sequencesC Franzen
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Cologne, Germany
Parasitol Res 86:669-76. 2000..clade, representing a sister clade of that containing the Isospora species, contains members of the genus Sarcocystis. The third one consists of members of the family Eimeriidae, including Eimeria and Cyclospora species...
- Prevalence of and risk factors associated with the presence of Sarcocystis neurona sporocysts in opossum (Didelphis virginiana) from Michigan: a retrospective studyHany M Elsheikha
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Vet Parasitol 125:277-86. 2004From April 1996 to December 2002 the prevalence of Sarcocystis neurona sporocysts in North American opossum (Didelphis virginiana) in Southern Michigan was estimated. Sporocysts of S...
- Clinical Sarcocystis neurona, Sarcocystis canis, Toxoplasma gondii, and Neospora caninum infections in dogsJ P Dubey
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
Vet Parasitol 137:36-49. 2006b>Sarcocystis neurona, Sarcocystis canis, Toxoplasma gondii, and Neospora caninum are related apicomplexans that can cause systemic illness in many species of animals, including dogs...
- Seroprevalence of Neospora caninum, Toxoplasma gondii and Sarcocystis sp. in llamas (Lama glama) from Jujuy, ArgentinaG More
Inmunoparasitology and Parasitology Laboratory, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, National University of La Plata, La Plata, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 155:158-60. 2008..glama) are South American camelids described as intermediate hosts of Neospora caninum, Toxoplasma gondii and Sarcocystis aucheniae...
- Effect of daily administration of pyrantel tartrate in preventing infection in horses experimentally challenged with Sarcocystis neuronaMary G Rossano
Population Medicine Center, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Am J Vet Res 66:846-52. 2005To determine whether daily administration of pyrantel tartrate can prevent infection in horses experimentally challenged with Sarcocystis neurona.
- Prevalence of Sarcocystis neurona sporocysts in opossums (Didelphis virginiana) from rural MississippiJ P Dubey
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, Building 1040, MD 20705 2350, USA
Vet Parasitol 95:283-93. 2001b>Sarcocystis species sporocysts were found in intestinal scrapings from 24 of 72 opossums (Didelphis virginiana) from rural Mississippi. The number of sporocysts in each opossum varied from a few ( < 100000) to 187 million...
- Protozoal meningoencephalitis in sea otters (Enhydra lutris): a histopathological and immunohistochemical study of naturally occurring casesN J Thomas
Department of the Interior, US Geological Survey, National Wildlife Health Center, Madison, WI, USA
J Comp Pathol 137:102-21. 2007..the actively multiplicative life stages of the organisms (tachyzoites for Toxoplasma gondii and merozoites for Sarcocystis neurona) and immunohistochemical labelling were used to identify infection with S. neurona (n=22, 56.4%), T...
- Intestinal parasites of dogs on the Galapagos IslandsE N Gingrich
Colorado State University, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Fort Collins, CO, USA
Vet Parasitol 169:404-7. 2010..5%) were most commonly detected, followed by Giardia spp. (5.2%), Isospora canis (4.1%), Sarcocystis canis (3.1%), and Cryptosporidium spp. (1%). Adequate DNA for sequencing was available for one Giardia spp...
- Sarcocystis lindsayi n. sp. (Protozoa: Sarcocystidae) from the South American opossum, Didelphis albiventris from BrazilJ P Dubey
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Parasite Biology, Epidemiology and Systematics Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland 20705 2350, USA
J Eukaryot Microbiol 48:595-603. 2001A new species, Sarcocystis lindsayi n. sp., is proposed for a parasite resembling Sarcocystis falcatula...
- The 2000 canine distemper epidemic in Caspian seals (Phoca caspica): pathology and analysis of contributory factorsT Kuiken
Department of Virology, Erasmus Medical Center, PO Box 1738, Rotterdam, 3000 DR, The Netherlands
Vet Pathol 43:321-38. 2006..Several infectious and parasitic organisms, including poxvirus, Atopobacter phocae, Eimeria- and Sarcocystis-like organisms, and Halarachne sp. were identified in Caspian seals for the first time.
- Gastrointestinal parasites of stray cats in Kashan, IranA Mohsen
Department of Medical Parasitology, Kashan University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Kashan Iran
Trop Biomed 26:16-22. 2009..1% and Joyeuxiella echinorhyncoides 85%; Sporozoea: Isospora rivolta 5.3%, Isospora felis 5.3%, Sarcocystis spp 8%, Blastocystis spp 16.8% and Zoomastigophorea: Giardia felis 0.9% and Trichomonas spp 1.8%...
- Comparison of Sarcocystis neurona isolates derived from horse neural tissueL S Mansfield
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
Vet Parasitol 95:167-78. 2001b>Sarcocystis neurona is a protozoan parasite that can cause neurological deficits in infected horses. The route of transmission is by fecal-oral transfer of sporocysts from opossums...
- Prevalence of antibodies to Neospora caninum and Sarcocystis neurona in sera of domestic cats from BrazilJ P Dubey
Parasite Biology, Epidemiology and Systematics Laboratory, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Building 1001, Beltsville, Maryland 20705 2350, USA
J Parasitol 88:1251-2. 2002..Department of Agriculture, Building 1001, Beltsville, Maryland 20705-2350 Antibodies to Neospora caninum and Sarcocystis neurona were determined in serum samples of 502 domestic cats from Brazil using direct agglutination tests with ..
- Coccidian parasites (Apicomplexa) from snakes in the southcentral and southwestern United States: new host and geographic recordsC T McAllister
Renal Metabolic Lab, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75216
J Parasitol 81:63-8. 1995..Most terrestrial snakes were infected by species of Caryospora and Sarcocystis that are either facultatively or obligatorily heteroxenous...
- Assessment of Sarcocystis neurona sporocyst viability and differentiation between viable and nonviable sporocysts using propidium iodide stainHany M Elsheikha
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
J Parasitol 90:872-5. 2004b>Sarcocystis neurona has become recognized as the major causative agent of equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM) in the Americas. At least 3 pathogenic species of Sarcocystis, including S. neurona, can be isolated from opossums...
- Survey of the large-animal diplomates of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine regarding knowledge and clinical use of polymerase chain reaction: implications for veterinary educationNicola Pusterla
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Vet Med Educ 33:605-11. 2006..Streptococcus equi, Lawsonia intracellularis, Neorickettsia risticii, equine herpesvirus 1/4, Rhodococcus equi, Sarcocystis neurona, and equine influenza virus...
- Sarcocystis neurona infections in sea otter (Enhydra lutris): evidence for natural infections with sarcocysts and transmission of infection to opossums (Didelphis virginiana)J R Dubey
Parasite Biology, Epidemiology and Systematics Laboratory, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Beltsville, Maryland 20705 2350, USA
J Parasitol 87:1387-93. 2001Although Sarcocystis neurona has been identified in an array of terrestrial vertebrates, recent recognition of its capacity to infect marine mammals was unexpected...
- Epidemiology and control prospects of foodborne parasitic zoonoses in the European UnionE Pozio
Community Reference Laboratory for Parasites, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Parassitologia 50:17-24. 2008..the consumption of raw infected food such as muscle tissues of different animal species (Toxoplasma gondii, Sarcocystis hominis, Sarcocystis suishominis, Diphyllobotrium latum, Taenia solium, Taenia saginata, Opisthorchis felineus, ..
- Unusual biphasic disease in domestic pigeons (Columba livia f. domestica) following experimental infection with Sarcocystis calchasiP Olias
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Robert von Ostertag Strasse 15, 14163 Berlin, Germany
Avian Dis 54:1032-7. 2010A novel Sarcocystis species has recently been reported in the domestic pigeon (Columba livia f. domestica) as intermediate host, causing severe central nervous signs similar to Paramyxovirus-1 or Salmonella Typhimurium var. cop...
- Characterization of an unidentified Sarcocystis falcatula-like parasite from the South American opossum, Didelphis albiventris from BrazilJ P Dubey
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Livestock and Poultry Sciences Institute, Parasite Biology and Epidemiology Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland, 20705 2350, USA
J Eukaryot Microbiol 47:538-44. 2000An unidentified isolate of a Sarcocystis falcatula-like parasite was obtained from the lungs of budgerigars (Melopsittacus undulatus) fed sporocysts from a naturally-infected South American opossum, Didelphis albiventris from Brazil...
- A review of Sarcocystis neurona and equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM)J P Dubey
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, MD 20705 2350, USA
Vet Parasitol 95:89-131. 2001..The protozoan most commonly associated with EPM is Sarcocystis neurona. The complete life cycle of S...
- Viability of Sarcocystis neurona sporocysts and dose titration in gamma-interferon knockout miceM A Cheadle
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville 32610 0880, USA
Vet Parasitol 95:223-31. 2001Gamma-interferon knockout mice have become the model animal used for studies on Sarcocystis neurona. In order to determine the viability of S...
- Sarcocystis neurona merozoites express a family of immunogenic surface antigens that are orthologues of the Toxoplasma gondii surface antigens (SAGs) and SAG-related sequencesDaniel K Howe
Department of Veterinary Science, 108 Gluck Equine Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546 0099, USA
Infect Immun 73:1023-33. 2005b>Sarcocystis neurona is a member of the Apicomplexa that causes myelitis and encephalitis in horses but normally cycles between the opossum and small mammals. Analysis of an S...
- Chronic polymyositis associated with disseminated Sarcocystosis in a captive-born rhesus macaqueA S Gozalo
Comparative Medicine Branch, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Vet Pathol 44:695-9. 2007..Sarcocysts had prominent villus-like projections with the morphology of a type 11 sarcocyst wall similar to Sarcocystis neurona but possessing many more villus microtubules than is reported for S. neurona...
- Pathogenesis of Sarcocystis falcatula (Apicomplexa: Sarcocystidae) in the budgerigar (Melopsittacus undulatus). III. Pathologic and quantitative parasitologic analysis of extrapulmonary diseaseJ H Smith
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843 1114
J Parasitol 75:270-87. 1989Forty-four budgerigars (Melopsittacus undulatus) were administered sporocysts of Sarcocystis falcatula orally and were examined at necropsy intervals from less than 12 hr to 168 days...
- Comparison of enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay and indirect fluorescent antibody test for the detection of IgG antibodies to Sarcocystis murisA M Tenter
, , Federal Republic of Germany
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 267:259-71. 1987b>Sarcocystis muris cystozoites were separated from host tissue after mechanical mincing and homogenization by discontinuous density gradient centrifugation using Percoll...
- Underlying disease stress augments plasma and tissue adrenomedullin (AM) responses to endotoxin: colocalized increases in AM and inducible nitric oxide synthase within pancreatic isletsT H Elsasser
U S Department of Argiculture, Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville, Maryland 20705, USA
Endocrinology 140:5402-11. 1999..endotoxin challenge [lipopolysaccharide (LPS)] alone or additive to a chronic subclinical parasitic infection (Sarcocystis cruzi; LPS + PI) in calves was used as a model to investigate and define a dynamic axis coordinated between ..
- Is there more than one species in the genus Toxoplasma??A M Johnson
Molecular Parasitology Unit, Faculty of Science, University of Technology, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Tokai J Exp Clin Med 23:383-9. 1998..studies on taxa in genera closely related to Toxoplasma such as Neospora, Hammondia, Frenkelia, Isospora and Sarcocystis, have convincingly showed the need for a reclassification of many of the species in these genera...
- Parasites in cross-bred pigs in the Upper East region of GhanaA Permin
Danish Centre for Experimental Parasitology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Vet Parasitol 87:63-71. 1999..7% of the animals. Small pieces of the diaphragm were examined for the presence of Sarcocystis spp.. The prevalence was 28.3%, but no larvae of Trichinella spp. were found...
- A microneme protein from Eimeria tenella with homology to the Apple domains of coagulation factor XI and plasma pre-kallikreinP J Brown
Division of Molecular Biology, Institute for Animal Health, Compton, UK
Mol Biochem Parasitol 107:91-102. 2000..A-domain sequences were also found in microneme proteins from Sarcocystis muris and Toxoplasma gondii and in a protein of unknown localisation from Eimeria acervulina...
- Sarcocystis stenodactylicolubris n. sp., a new sarcosporidian coccidium with a snake-gecko heteroxenous life cycleD Modry
Department of Parasitology, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Brno, Czech Republic
Parasite 7:201-7. 2000Oocysts/sporocysts of Sarcocystis sp. measuring 9.7 (9-10) x 7.6 (7-8) microns were found in the intestinal contents of the Dahl's whip snake Coluber najadum...
- In vitro quantitative analysis of (3)H-uracil incorporation by Sarcocytis neurona to determine efficacy of anti-protozoal agentsA E Marsh
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
Vet Parasitol 95:241-9. 2001Parasite-specific incorporation of (3)H-uracil was used to assess the replication of Sarcocystis neurona, a protozoal parasite associated with equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM). Anti-protozoal drugs, pyrimethamine (0.01, 0.1 and 1...
- Migration and development of Sarcocystis neurona in tissues of interferon gamma knockout mice fed sporocysts from a naturally infected opossumJ P Dubey
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Building 1001, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
Vet Parasitol 95:341-51. 2001Migration and development of Sarcocystis neurona was studied in 50 gamma interferon knockout mice fed graded doses of S. neurona sporocysts from the intestine of a naturally infected opossum...
- Isolates of Sarcocystis falcatula-like organisms from South American opossums Didelphis marsupialis and Didelphis albiventris from São Paulo, BrazilJ P Dubey
United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Parasite Biology, Epidemiology and Systematics Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland 20705 2350, USA
J Parasitol 87:1449-53. 2001Isolates of Sarcocystis falcatula-like organisms from South American opossums were characterized based on biological and morphological criteria...
- Effect of progressive cachectic parasitism and growth hormone treatment on hepatic 5'-deiodinase activity in calvesStanislaw Kahl
Growth Biology Laboratory, US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Building 200, Room 211E, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Domest Anim Endocrinol 22:211-21. 2002..The objective of this study was to examine the effect of protozoan parasitic infection (Sarcocystis cruzi) on hepatic 5'D (type I) activity and plasma concentrations of T(3) and T(4) in placebo- or bovine GH (..
- Characterization of monoclonal antibodies developed against Sarcocystis neuronaA E Marsh
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Connaway Hall, 1600 East Rollins Dr, University of Missouri, Columbia 65211, USA
Parasitol Res 88:501-6. 2002..In specific regions of the United States approximately 50% of the horse population is seropositive to Sarcocystis neurona. However, not all seropositive horses develop clinical signs...
- Prevalence of antibodies to Neospora caninum, Sarcocystis neurona, and Toxoplasma gondii in wild horses from central WyomingJ P Dubey
Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Animal and Natural Resources Institute, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Building 1001, Beltsville, Maryland 20705 2350, USA
J Parasitol 89:716-20. 2003b>Sarcocystis neurona, Neospora caninum, N. hughesi, and Toxoplasma gondii are 4 related coccidians considered to be associated with encephalomyelitis in horses. The source of infection for N...
- Protective immune response to experimental infection with Sarcocystis neurona in 57BL/6 miceSharon G Witonsky
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Virginia Tech Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 0442, USA
J Parasitol 89:924-31. 2003Immunocompetent C57BL/6 mice were infected with Sarcocystis neurona merozoites to assess the protective immune response to active infection. Using a direct agglutination test, all infected mice seroconverted to S...
- Sarcocystis spp. in birds of the order AnseriformesLiuda Kutkiene
Laboratory of Parasitology, Institute of Ecology, Vilnius University, Akademijos 2, 2600, Vilnius, Lithuania
Parasitol Res 92:171-2. 2004Having studied 342 birds of 20 species of the order Anseriformes, we found Sarcocystis cysts in 100 individuals (29.2+/-2.5%) belonging to 15 species. One macrocyst and four microcysts types have been determined...
- Sarcocystosis of chital-dhole: conditions for evolutionary stability of a predator parasite mutualismMaithili M Jog
Department of Microbiology, Abasaheb Garware College, Karve Road, Pune 411 004, India
BMC Ecol 5:3. 2005..chital (Axix axis) as a prey species, dhole or Indian wild-dog (Cuon alpinus) as the predator and a protozoan (Sarcocystis axicuonis) as the parasite...
- Naturally occurring Sarcocystis neurona-like infection in a dog with myositisKapil Vashisht
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Illinois, 2001 S Lincoln Avenue, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Vet Parasitol 133:19-25. 2005Tissue stages similar to those of Sarcocystis neurona, the causative agent of equine protozoal myeloencephalitis, were identified in skeletal muscles of a dog...
- Parasite biodiversity in Rattus spp caught in wet marketsFlorencia G Claveria
Biology Department, College of Science, De La Salle University Manila, Taft Avenue, Manila 1000, Philippines
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 36:146-8. 2005..strobilocercus larvae and Capillaria hepatica in liver; Trichosomoides crassicauda of the urinary bladder; Sarcocystis sp of muscle tissue; and two different species of stronglyloid-looking intestinal nematodes...
- Persistence of serum antibodies to Sarcocystis neurona in horses moved from North America to IndiaChristopher M Brown
Department of Clinical Studies, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Canada
J Vet Intern Med 20:994-7. 2006The study reported here was undertaken to assess the presence of antibodies to Sarcocystis neurona in the serum of horses of North American origin that had been relocated for 1 year or more to India (ie, outside of the known endemic ..
- Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii, Sarcocystis neurona, and Encephalitozoon cuniculi in three species of lemurs from St. Catherines Island, GA, USAMichael J Yabsley
D B Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources, The University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Vet Parasitol 144:28-32. 2007In the current study, we determined the seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii, Sarcocystis neurona, and Encephalitozoon cuniculi in three species of lemurs from St. Catherines Island, Georgia...
- Strains of Sarcocystis neurona exhibit differences in their surface antigens, including the absence of the major surface antigen SnSAG1Daniel K Howe
Department of Veterinary Science, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546 0099, USA
Int J Parasitol 38:623-31. 2008A gene family of surface antigens is expressed by merozoites of Sarcocystis neurona, the primary cause of equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM)...
- Quantitative trait loci for white blood cell numbers in swineG Reiner
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, University of Giessen, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
Anim Genet 39:163-8. 2008..in 139 F(2) pigs from a Meishan/Pietrain family, before and after challenge with the protozoan pathogen Sarcocystis miescheriana for genome-wide quantitative trait loci (QTL) analysis...
- [Experimental infection of Sarcocystis suihominis in pig and human volunteer in Guangxi]Jin Hui Li
Guangxi Regional Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Nanning 530028, China
Zhongguo Ji Sheng Chong Xue Yu Ji Sheng Chong Bing Za Zhi 25:466-8. 2007To confirm existence of Sarcocystis suihominis and possible transmission cycle between human and pigs.
- Sarcocystis and its complications in camels (Camelus dromedarius) of eastern provinces of IranAkbar Valinezhad
Razi Serum and Vaccine Research Institute, Mashhad, Khorasan Razavi, Eastern Iran
Korean J Parasitol 46:229-34. 2008The prevalence of Sarcocystis spp. was investigated by gross and histopathological examinations in 250 camels (Camelus dromedarius) slaughtered from 2002 to 2005 in the Mashhad Slaughterhouse, eastern Iran...
- Prey choice and habitat use drive sea otter pathogen exposure in a resource-limited coastal systemChristine K Johnson
Wildlife Health Center, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:2242-7. 2009..sea otters and evaluated infection with 2 disease-causing protozoal pathogens, Toxoplasma gondii and Sarcocystis neurona, to reveal risks that increased the likelihood of pathogen exposure...
- A novel Sarcocystis-associated encephalitis and myositis in racing pigeonsP Olias
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Robert von Ostertag Strasse 15, Berlin, Germany
Avian Pathol 38:121-8. 2009..domestica) have previously been attributed to infection with Sarcocystis falcatula, which is shed in the faeces of the opossum (Didelphis virginiana)...
- Survey of Sarcocystis infection in slaughtered cattle in Kerman, IranSaeid R Nourollahi Fard
Department of Parasitology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, Kerman, Iran
Trop Anim Health Prod 41:1633-6. 2009The parasite of genus Sarcocystis is one of the most commonly found parasite in domestic animals worldwide. Some species of Sarcocystis cause important economic loss when causing clinical and sub clinical disease...
- First identification of Sarcocystis tenella (Railliet, 1886) Moulé, 1886 (Protozoa: Apicomplexa) by PCR in naturally infected sheep from BrazilRodrigo Costa da Silva
Department of Veterinary Hygiene and Public Health, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, Sao Paulo State University, 18618 000 Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 165:332-6. 2009b>Sarcocystis tenella is a dog-sheep protozoan parasite, causing a widespread enzootic muscle parasitosis and neurological disease mainly in lambs. This parasite is pathogenic to sheep and important to the economical production of sheep...
- Prevalence and risk factors associated with Sarcocystis neurona infections in opossums (Didelphis virginiana) from central CaliforniaDaniel Rejmanek
Department of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Vet Parasitol 166:8-14. 2009b>Sarcocystis neurona, a protozoal parasite shed by opossums (Didelphis virginiana), has been shown to cause significant morbidity and mortality in horses, sea otters, and other marine mammals...
- The effects of pyrantel tartrate on Sarcocystis neurona merozoite viabilityE A Kruttlin
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, D201 Veterinary Medicine Center, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Vet Ther 2:268-76. 2001b>Sarcocystis neurona is the etiologic agent of equine protozoal myeloencephalitis, a neurologic disease of horses. The present study was designed to test the hypothesis that pyrantel tartrate can kill S...
- Muscular sarcocystosis in wild carnivores in Honshu, JapanMasahito Kubo
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Applied Biological Sciences, Gifu University, Gifu, 501 1193, Japan
Parasitol Res 106:213-9. 2009A total of 65 free-living carnivores collected on Honshu Island, Japan were examined for muscular Sarcocystis species infections...
- Prevalence of antibodies to Trypanosoma cruzi, Leishmania infantum, Encephalitozoon cuniculi, Sarcocystis neurona, and Neospora caninum in Capybara, Hydrochoerus hydrochaeris, from São Paulo State, BrazilSamantha Valadas
Departamento de Medicina Veterinaria Preventiva e Saude Animal, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Parasitol 96:521-4. 2010..Brazil, were examined for antibodies to Trypanosoma cruzi, Leishmania infantum, Encephalitozoon cuniculi, Sarcocystis neurona, and Neospora caninum using an indirect immunofluorescent antibody test...
- Six new species of coccidia (Apicomplexa: Eimeriidae) from endangered Phelsuma spp. geckoes (Sauria: Gekkonidae) of the Black River Gorges National Park, MauritiusPeter Daszak
Wildlife Trust, 460 West 34th Street, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001, USA
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 56:233-41. 2009..cepediana. These oocysts or sporocysts are significantly larger than the Cryptosporidium species so far described from reptiles, and likely represent excretion of spuriously ingested sporocysts of a Sarcocystis or Adelina coccidian.
- Development of a biomolecular assay for postmortem diagnosis of Taenia saginata CysticercosisFrancesco Chiesa
Department of Animal Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Turin, da Vinci 44, Grugliasco TO, Italy
Foodborne Pathog Dis 7:1171-5. 2010..because of death and degeneration of cysts, or because taeniid larvae and other tissue parasites, such as Sarcocystis spp., may cause similar macroscopic morphological lesions...
- Diseases and parasites in wolves of the Riding Mountain National Park region, Manitoba, CanadaAstrid V Stronen
Department of Biology, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 5A3, Canada
J Wildl Dis 47:222-7. 2011..2.2%), and Moniezia sp. (0.5%). In addition, we found Demodex sp. (0.2%) and the protozoal cysts/oocysts of Sarcocystis sp. (37.3%), Cryptosporidium sp. (1.2%), coccidia (Isospora sp. or Eimeria sp.) (1.7%), and Giardia sp. (29.5%)...
- An intronic polymorphism in the porcine IRF7 gene is associated with better health and immunity of the host during Sarcocystis infection, and affects interferon signallingA J Brock
The Roslin Institute and Royal School of Veterinary Studies, The University of Edinburgh, Roslin Biocentre, Midlothian, UK
Anim Genet 42:386-94. 2011..We found that during Sarcocystis miescheriana infection, the G allele was associated with high lymphocyte levels (P < 0...
- Didelphis aurita (Marsupialia: Didelphidae): a new host for Sarcocystis lindsayi (Apicomplexa: Sarcocystidae)Cristiane da Silva Stabenow
Instituto Federal Fluminense, Agroindústria Produção Animal, Bom Jesus do Itabapoana, 28360 000 PA, Brazil
J Parasitol 98:1262-5. 2012..aurita , were captured in the city of Seropédica, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and examined for species of Sarcocystis. Sporocysts were observed in the mucosal scrapings of the small intestine from 3 opossums...
- Detection of antibodies against Brucella abortus, Leptospira spp., and Apicomplexa protozoa in water buffaloes in the Northeast of ArgentinaJosé L Konrad
Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Trop Anim Health Prod 45:1751-6. 2013..Neospora caninum, Toxoplasma gondii, and Sarcocystis spp. in 500 water buffalo cows from five ranches (100 animals each) in the NEA. Serum samples were tested for B...
- Glomerulopathy in a patient with sarcocystis infestationJayalakshmi P Balakrishna
Department of General Pathology, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 56:285-7. 2013To date, sarcocystis has been considered an asymptomatic infection in humans. Even though cases with glomerulonephritis have been reported in animals with sarcocystis, there have been no reports of a similar occurrence in humans...
- Enteric protozoan parasites in stray cats in Kuwait with special references to toxoplasmosis and risk factors affecting its occurrenceNadra Elwgoud M I Abdou
Veterinary Laboratories, Public Authority of Agriculture Affairs and Fish Resources, Kuwait
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 43:303-14. 2013..1%), followed by T. gondii (2.1%), I. rivolta (1.6), Sarcocystis was only found in one case (0.4%)...
- Theileria infection in domestic ruminants in northern EthiopiaHagos Gebrekidan
School of Veterinary Medicine, Hebrew University, PO Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Vet Parasitol 200:31-8. 2014..4%). None of the animals were positive for Babesia spp.; however, Sarcocystis capracanis and S. tenella were detected in one goat and a sheep, respectively...
- Gastrointestinal parasites of free-living Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops aduncus) in the Northern Red Sea, EgyptS Kleinertz
Institute of Parasitology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Rudolf Buchheim Str 2, 35392, Giessen, Germany
Parasitol Res 113:1405-15. 2014..In detail, the study indicates stages of ten protozoan species (Giardia spp., Sarcocystis spp., Isospora (like) spp., Cystoisospora (like) spp., Ciliata indet. I and II, Holotricha indet...
- Endoparasites of the fallow deer (Dama dama) of the Antheringer Au in Salzburg, AustriaSteffen Rehbein
Merial GmbH, Kathrinenhof Research Center, Walchenseestr 8 12, 83101, Rohrdorf, Germany
Wien Klin Wochenschr 126:S37-41. 2014..Infections with sarcocysts (Sarcocystis spp...
- Sarcocystis sinensis is the most prevalent thick-walled Sarcocystis species in beef on sale for consumers in GermanyG More
Laboratorio de Inmunoparasitologia, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Calle 60 y 118, 1900, La Plata, Argentina
Parasitol Res 113:2223-30. 2014Bovines are intermediate hosts of Sarcocystis cruzi, Sarcocystis hirsuta, and Sarcocystis hominis, which use canids, felids, or primates as definitive hosts, respectively...
- Molecular identification of Sarcocystis hominis in native cattle of central Iran: a case reportB Hajimohammadi
Department of Food Hygiene and Safety, Faculty of Health, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences, Yazd, Iran
Trop Biomed 31:183-6. 2014b>Sarcocystis spp. are two-host protozoan parasites belonging to the phylum Apicomplexa...
- The parasitic fauna of the European bison (Bison bonasus) (Linnaeus, 1758) and their impact on the conservation. Part 1. The summarising list of parasites notedGrzegorz Karbowiak
W Stefanski Institute of Parasitology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Twarda 51 55, 00 818, Warsaw, Poland
Acta Parasitol 59:363-71. 2014..These are 22 species of protozoa (Trypanosoma wrublewskii, T. theileri, Giardia sp., Sarcocystis cruzi, S. hirsuta, S. hominis, S. fusiformis, Neospora caninum, Toxoplasma gondii, Cryptosporidium sp...
- Surveillance for zoonotic and selected pathogens in harbor seals Phoca vitulina from central CaliforniaDenise J Greig
Sea Mammal Research Unit, Scottish Oceans Institute, University of St Andrews, St Andrews KY16 8LB, UK
Dis Aquat Organ 111:93-106. 2014..Type A influenza was isolated from feces of 1 out of 96 wild-caught seals. Exposure to Toxoplasma gondii, Sarcocystis neurona, and type A influenza was only detected in the wild-caught harbor seals (post-weaning age classes), ..
- Exposure of free-living jaguars to Toxoplasma gondii, Neospora caninum and Sarcocystis neurona in the Brazilian PantanalSelma Samiko Miyazaki Onuma
Estação Ecológica de Taiamã, Instituto Chico Mendes de Conservação da Biodiversidade ICMBio, Caceres, MT, Brasil
Rev Bras Parasitol Vet 23:547-53. 2014Toxoplasma gondii, Neospora caninum and Sarcocystis neurona are related apicomplexan parasites that cause reproductive and neurological disorders in a wide range of domestic and wild animals...
- A novel Sarcocystis neurona genotype XIII is associated with severe encephalitis in an unexpectedly broad range of marine mammals from the northeastern Pacific OceanLorraine Barbosa
Wildlife Health Center, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA Molecular Parasitology Section, Laboratory of Parasitic Diseases, National Institutes of Health, NIAID, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Int J Parasitol 45:595-603. 2015b>Sarcocystis neurona is an important cause of protozoal encephalitis among marine mammals in the northeastern Pacific Ocean. To characterise the genetic type of S...
- Molecular characterization and development of Sarcocystis speeri sarcocysts in gamma interferon gene knockout miceJ P Dubey
U S Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville Agricultural Research Center, Animal Parasitic Diseases Laboratory, Building 1001, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
Parasitology 142:1555-62. 2015The North American opossum (Didelphis virginiana) is the definitive host for at least three named species of Sarcocystis: Sarcocystis falcatula, Sarcocystis neurona and Sarcocystis speeri...
- Sarcocystis masoni, n. sp. (Apicomplexa: Sarcocystidae), and redescription of Sarcocystis aucheniae from llama (Lama glama), guanaco (Lama guanicoe) and alpaca (Vicugna pacos)Gastón Moré
Laboratorio de Inmunoparasitologia, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, La Plata, Argentina
Parasitology 143:617-26. 2016There is considerable confusion concerning the species of Sarcocystis in South American camelids (SAC). Several species names have been used; however, proper descriptions are lacking...
- Molecular phylogeny of Toxoplasmatinae: comparison between inferences based on mitochondrial and apicoplast genetic sequencesMichelle Klein Sercundes
Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria e Zootecnia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Rev Bras Parasitol Vet 25:82-9. 2016..Laboratory-adapted strains of the closely related parasites Sarcocystis falcatula and Sarcocystis neurona were investigated, along with Neospora caninum, Neospora hughesi, Toxoplasma ..
- Sarcocystis entzerothi n. sp. from the European roe deer (Capreolus capreolus)Petras Prakas
Nature Research Centre, Institute of Ecology, Akademijos 2, LT 08412, Vilnius, Lithuania
Parasitol Res 116:271-279. 2017In the present study, we describe Sarcocystis entzerothi n. sp. from the European roe deer (Capreolus capreolus) based on the microscopical and DNA analysis. By light microscopy (LM), cysts of S...
- Meningoencephalitis caused by pathogenic Sarcocystis species in a naturally infected sheep in TurkeyAylin Alasonyalilar-Demirer
Aylin A Alasonyalilar Demirer, Department of Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Uludag University, Gorukle Campus, 16059 Bursa, Turkey, Email
Tierarztl Prax Ausg G Grosstiere Nutztiere . 2017..diagnostic methods like immunohistochemistry and polymerase chain reaction provided differentiation of Sarcocystis from T. gondii and N. caninum...
- Molecular characterisation of a major 29 kDa surface antigen of Sarcocystis neuronaSiobhan P Ellison
Department of Pathobiology, University of Florida, P O Box 110880, Gainesville, FL 32611 0880, USA
Int J Parasitol 32:217-25. 2002A gene encoding a major 29 kDa surface antigen from Sarcocystis neurona, the primary causative agent of equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM), was cloned, sequenced, and expressed as a recombinant protein...
- Seroprevalence of Neospora, Toxoplasma gondii and Sarcocystis neurona antibodies in horses from Jeju island, South KoreaG D Gupta
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Connaway Hall, 1600 East Rollins Dr, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Vet Parasitol 106:193-201. 2002..gondii equid (pony) were used. In addition, all samples were tested for antibodies to Sarcocystis neurona by immunoblot analysis. A total of 191 serum samples from clinically normal horses were evaluated...
- Experimental inoculation of domestic cats (Felis domesticus) with Sarcocystis neurona or S. neurona-like merozoitesM Butcher
College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Vet Parasitol 107:1-14. 2002b>Sarcocystis neurona is the parasite most commonly associated with equine protozoal myeloencephalitis (EPM). Recently, cats (Felis domesticus) have been demonstrated to be an experimental intermediate host in the life cycle of S. neurona...
- MECHANISM-BASED DRUG SELECTION AND DESIGN: NUCLEOTIDE SABuddy Ullman; Fiscal Year: 2003..and purine salvage pathways in Toxoplasma gondii and related apicomplexan parasites, including Cryptosporidium, Sarcocystis, and Plasmodium...
- David J Bzik; Fiscal Year: 2014..GRA proteins are found uniquely in cyst-forming apicomplexans (Toxoplasma, Neospora, Sarcocystis) and represent potential novel drug targets that can be selectively targeted...
- Parasite/Host Interactions and the Neurobiology of FearRobert Sapolsky; Fiscal Year: 2006..Controls will be mocked infected or infected with Sarcocystis neurona, a related protozoa that does not reproduce in a carnivore...
- Murine models to test parasite products as cures for Inflammatory Bowel DiseaseLinda S Mansfield; Fiscal Year: 2010..she focused on finding naturally occurring animal models for Campylobacter jejuni and Cyst forming coccidia (Sarcocystis neurona, etc.) with the long-term goal to convert these to mouse models...
- HOST FACTORS MEDIATE INVASION BY CAMPYLOBACTER JEJUNILINDA MANSFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2002..jejuni invasion is facilitated due to a direct effect of some secreted/excreted product of the worms, and 4) Determine what host cell genes are differentially expressed during C. jejuni invasion. ..