Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vcana
Description: versican a
Alias: br146, cspg2, cspg2a, sb:cb63, versican, chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 2, chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 2a
- The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway regulates cardiac valve formationAdam F L Hurlstone
Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Hubrecht Laboratory and Centre for Biomedical Genetics, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nature 425:633-7. 2003..Our findings identify a novel role for Wnt/beta-catenin signalling in determining endocardial cell fate...
- Histone deacetylase is required for the activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling crucial for heart valve formation in zebrafish embryosYoung Seop Kim
School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 423:140-6. 2012..Taken together, our results demonstrated that HDAC activity plays a pivotal role in vertebrate heart tube formation by activating Wnt/β-catenin signaling which induces bmp4 expression in AVC myocardial cells...
- Pdlim7 (LMP4) regulation of Tbx5 specifies zebrafish heart atrio-ventricular boundary and valve formationTroy Camarata
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Children s Memorial Research Center, 2300 Children s Plaza M C 204, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Dev Biol 337:233-45. 2010..These studies demonstrate that controlling the correct balance of Tbx5 activity is crucial for the specification of the AV boundary and valve formation...
- Chondroitin sulfate expression is required for cardiac atrioventricular canal formationDavid S Peal
Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Cardiovascular Research Center and Cardiology Division, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Dev Dyn 238:3103-10. 2009....
- Nkx2.7 and Nkx2.5 function redundantly and are required for cardiac morphogenesis of zebrafish embryosChi Tang Tu
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 4:e4249. 2009..5 and Nkx-2.3. Nkx2.7 and Nkx2.5 express in zebrafish heart fields of lateral plate mesoderm. The temporal and spatial expression patterns of Nkx2.7 are similar to those of Nkx2.5, but their functions during cardiogenesis remain unclear...
- Foxn4 directly regulates tbx2b expression and atrioventricular canal formationNeil C Chi
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Programs in Developmental Biology, Genetics and Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Genes Dev 22:734-9. 2008..sli/foxn4 is expressed in the AV canal, and its encoded product binds to a highly conserved tbx2 enhancer domain that contains Foxn4- and T-box-binding sites, both necessary to regulate tbx2b expression in the AV canal...
- Ndrg4 is required for normal myocyte proliferation during early cardiac development in zebrafishXianghu Qu
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Dev Biol 317:486-96. 2008..We reveal that ndrg4 is required for restricting the expression of versican and bmp4 to the developing atrioventricular canal...
- NXT2 is required for embryonic heart development in zebrafishHaigen Huang
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
BMC Dev Biol 5:7. 2005..NXT2 is a member of NXT family proteins that are generally involved in exporting nuclear RNA in eukaryotic cells. It is not known if NXT2 has any function in specific biological processes...
- The heartstrings mutation in zebrafish causes heart/fin Tbx5 deficiency syndromeDeborah M Garrity
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 129:4635-45. 2002..However, the syndromic deficiencies of tbx5 mutation are remarkably well retained between fish and mammals...
- Id4 functions downstream of Bmp signaling to restrict TCF function in endocardial cells during atrioventricular valve developmentSuchit Ahuja
Department of Developmental Genetics, Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
Dev Biol 412:71-82. 2016..We further show that id4 appears to control the number of endocardial cells that contribute to the AV valves by regulating Wnt signaling in the developing AVC endocardium. ..
- Amiodarone Induces Overexpression of Similar to Versican b to Repress the EGFR/Gsk3b/Snail Signaling Axis during Cardiac Valve Formation of Zebrafish EmbryosHung Chieh Lee
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Mackay Medical College, New Taipei City, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 10:e0144751. 2015..Here, we proved that Amiodarone acts as an upstream regulator, stimulating similar to versican b (s-vcanb) overexpression at zebrafish embryonic heart and promoting cdh-5 overexpression by inhibiting snail1b ..
- Cancer metastasis and EGFR signaling is suppressed by amiodarone-induced versican V2Hung Chieh Lee
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Mackay Medical College, New Taipei City, Taiwan
Oncotarget 6:42976-87. 2015Extracellular matrix components play an active role in cancer progression and prognosis. Versican, a large extracellular matrix proteoglycan, can promote cancer metastasis through facilitating cell proliferation, adhesion, migration and ..
- Modulation of tissue repair by regeneration enhancer elementsJunsu Kang
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Nature 532:201-6. 2016..Our findings provide evidence for 'tissue regeneration enhancer elements' (TREEs) that trigger gene expression in injury sites and can be engineered to modulate the regenerative potential of vertebrate organs. ..
- Zebrafish Crip2 plays a critical role in atrioventricular valve development by downregulating the expression of ECM genes in the endocardial cushionJun Dae Kim
Yale Cardiovascular Research Center, Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Mol Cells 37:406-11. 2014..While the appropriately regulated expression of the major ECM components, Versican and Hyaluronan, that form the endocardial cushion is important for heart valve development, the underlying ..
- Utilising polymorphisms to achieve allele-specific genome editing in zebrafishSamuel J Capon
Division of Genomics of Development and Disease, Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Biol Open 6:125-131. 2017..These experiments demonstrate that single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) present throughout the genome can be utilised to increase the efficiency of in cis genome editing using CRISPR/Cas9 in the zebrafish model...
- Autophagy is essential for cardiac morphogenesis during vertebrate developmentEunmyong Lee
Department of Internal Medicine University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Dallas, TX USA
Autophagy 10:572-87. 2014..Thus, autophagy plays an essential, conserved role in cardiac morphogenesis during vertebrate development. ..
- Systems proteomics of cardiac chromatin identifies nucleolin as a regulator of growth and cellular plasticity in cardiomyocytesEmma Monte
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 305:H1624-38. 2013..Validation studies in the complementary model system of zebrafish examine the role of Nucleolin to orchestrate genomic reprogramming events shared between development and disease...
- Cardiotoxicity of mycotoxin citrinin and involvement of microRNA-138 in zebrafish embryosTing Shuan Wu
Institute of Medicine
Toxicol Sci 136:402-12. 2013..5. Furthermore, the heart areas of CTN-exposed embryos demonstrated an elevated levels of aldh1a2 and cspg2 messenger RNA; these 2 cardiac-related genes are known to be involved in retinoic acid (RA) pathway as well as ..
- Grk5l controls heart development by limiting mTOR signaling during symmetry breakingMartin D Burkhalter
Leibniz Institute for Age Research, Fritz Lippmann Institute, 07745 Jena, Germany
Cell Rep 4:625-32. 2013..By fine-tuning mTORC1, GRK5 thus serves an unanticipated function during early development, besides its well-characterized role in the adult heart. These findings could implicate GRK5 as a susceptibility allele for certain cases of CHD. ..
- Overexpression of TGF-β Inducible microRNA-143 in Zebrafish Leads to Impairment of the Glomerular Filtration Barrier by Targeting ProteoglycansJanina Müller-Deile
Department of Medicine Nephrology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 40:819-830. 2016..Since miR-143-3p (miR-143) is described as a TGF-β inducible miR in other cell types, we examined this specific miR and its ability to induce glomerular pathology...
- The toxic effect of Amiodarone on valve formation in the developing heart of zebrafish embryosYing Hsin Chen
Institute of Medical Sciences, Buddhist Tzu Chi University, Taiwan
Reprod Toxicol 33:233-44. 2012..Although some studies have suggested that this drug is safe for fetuses, they have been conducted on mothers with fetuses at or beyond six months of gestational age...
- The W-loop of alpha-cardiac actin is critical for heart function and endocardial cushion morphogenesis in zebrafishNicole O Glenn
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:3527-40. 2012..Our study underscores the importance of the W-loop for actin functionality and will help us to understand the structural and physiological consequences of ACTC mutations in human congenital disorders...
- Progesterone and adipoQ receptor 11 links ras signaling to cardiac development in zebrafishHeng Huang
Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolism, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:2158-70. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the physiological functions of PAQR10 and PAQR11...
- Zebrafish tbx5 paralogs demonstrate independent essential requirements in cardiac and pectoral fin developmentLindsay E Parrie
Colorado State University CSU, Department of Biology, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523, USA
Dev Dyn 242:485-502. 2013..Homozygous mutation of zebrafish tbx5a leads to lethal defects in cardiac looping morphogenesis, blocks pectoral fin initiation, and impairs outgrowth. Recently, a second zebrafish tbx5 gene was described, termed tbx5b...
- DiGeorge syndrome gene tbx1 functions through wnt11r to regulate heart looping and differentiationPriya Choudhry
Huntsman Cancer Institute, Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e58145. 2013..This is the first study linking tbx1 and non-canonical Wnt signaling and extends our understanding of DGS and heart development...
- miR-21 represses Pdcd4 during cardiac valvulogenesisHeather J Kolpa
Cardiovascular Research Center, Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Development 140:2172-80. 2013..PDCD4 knockdown alone was sufficient to enhance endothelial cell migration. These results demonstrate that miR-21 plays a necessary role in cardiac valvulogenesis, in large part due to an obligatory downregulation of PDCD4...
- Haemodynamically dependent valvulogenesis of zebrafish heart is mediated by flow-dependent expression of miR-21Toshihiro Banjo
Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, 2 1 1 Katahira, Aoba, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8577, Japan
Nat Commun 4:1978. 2013..We conclude that miR-21 is a central component of a flow-controlled mechanotransduction system in a physicogenetic regulatory loop...
- Celecoxib impairs heart development via inhibiting cyclooxygenase-2 activity in zebrafish embryosDao Jie Xu
Department of Anesthesiology, Xinhua Hospital, Medical School, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Anesthesiology 114:391-400. 2011..Although use of celecoxib is associated with increased cardiovascular risk in adults, its effect on fetal heart development remains unknown...
- Mutation in sodium-calcium exchanger 1 (NCX1) causes cardiac fibrillation in zebrafishAdam D Langenbacher
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17699-704. 2005..These data signify the essential role of calcium homeostasis and NCX1h in establishing rhythmic contraction in the embryonic zebrafish heart...
- Na,K-ATPase is essential for embryonic heart development in the zebrafishXiaodong Shu
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Development 130:6165-73. 2003..Furthermore, instead of interfering with primitive heart tube formation or cardiac chamber differentiation, blocking the translation of Na,K-ATPase alpha2 isoform leads to cardiac laterality defects...
- Characterization of dermacan, a novel zebrafish lectican gene, expressed in dermal bonesJeong Suk Kang
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Mech Dev 121:301-12. 2004..comparison covering the C-terminal globular domain demonstrated that dermacan shows high homology with zebrafish versican but is distinct from any other identified lecticans...
- Delta-sarcoglycan is necessary for early heart and muscle development in zebrafishLu Cheng
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 344:1290-9. 2006..These data together suggest that delta-sarcoglycan plays an important role in early heart and muscle development...
- Cardiac myosin light chain-2: a novel essential component of thick-myofilament assembly and contractility of the heartWolfgang Rottbauer
Department of Medicine III, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Circ Res 99:323-31. 2006..Thus, our findings provide the first in vivo evidence that cardiac MLC-2 is required for thick-filament stabilization and contractility in the vertebrate heart...
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha and 3 beta have distinct functions during cardiogenesis of zebrafish embryoHuang Chieh Lee
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Taiwan University, NO, 1, Roosevelt Road, Sec, 4, Taipei 106, Taiwan
BMC Dev Biol 7:93. 2007..At this study, we attempt to specifically inhibit either GSK3alpha or GSK3beta and uncover the isoform-specific roles that GSK3 plays during cardiogenesis...
- microRNA-138 modulates cardiac patterning during embryonic developmentSarah U Morton
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:17830-5. 2008..This activity was complemented by miR-138-mediated ventricular repression of the gene encoding versican (cspg2), which was positively regulated by retinoic-acid signaling...
- The PAF1 complex component Leo1 is essential for cardiac and neural crest development in zebrafishCatherine T Nguyen
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Dev Biol 341:167-75. 2010..Taken together, these results provide the first genetic evidence of the requirement for Leo1 in the development of the heart and neural crest cell populations...
- Pdlim7 is required for maintenance of the mesenchymal/epidermal Fgf signaling feedback loop during zebrafish pectoral fin developmentTroy Camarata
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Children s Memorial Research Center, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
BMC Dev Biol 10:104. 2010..This Tbx5 regulation is critical in heart formation, but the coexpression of both proteins in other developing tissues suggests a broader functional role...
- The novel transmembrane protein Tmem2 is essential for coordination of myocardial and endocardial morphogenesisRonald Totong
Developmental Genetics Program and Department of Cell Biology, Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 138:4199-205. 2011..Together, our data reveal that Tmem2 is an essential mediator of myocardium-endocardium coordination during cardiac morphogenesis...
- Nephronectin regulates atrioventricular canal differentiation via Bmp4-Has2 signaling in zebrafishChinmoy Patra
Department of Cardiac Development and Remodelling, Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, Parkstrasse 1, 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
Development 138:4499-509. 2011..In addition, the expression of myocardial genes involved in cardiac valve formation (cspg2, fibulin 1, tbx2b, bmp4) is expanded and endocardial cells along the extended tube-like structure exhibit ..