Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: notch1b
Description: notch 1b
Alias: etID309871.5, wu:fc55e11, neurogenic locus notch homolog protein 1, notch homolog 1b, notch receptor protein 1b
- Histone deacetylase is required for the activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling crucial for heart valve formation in zebrafish embryosYoung Seop Kim
School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 423:140-6. 2012..In these embryos, expression of AVC myocardial bmp4 and AVC endocardial notch1b genes was markedly reduced with subsequent failure of EMT in the AVC endocardial cells...
- Reversing blood flows act through klf2a to ensure normal valvulogenesis in the developing heartJulien Vermot
Biological Imaging Center, Beckman Institute, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 7:e1000246. 2009....
- Pdlim7 (LMP4) regulation of Tbx5 specifies zebrafish heart atrio-ventricular boundary and valve formationTroy Camarata
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Children s Memorial Research Center, 2300 Children s Plaza M C 204, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Dev Biol 337:233-45. 2010..These studies demonstrate that controlling the correct balance of Tbx5 activity is crucial for the specification of the AV boundary and valve formation...
- Chondroitin sulfate expression is required for cardiac atrioventricular canal formationDavid S Peal
Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Cardiovascular Research Center and Cardiology Division, Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Dev Dyn 238:3103-10. 2009....
- The lim domain only protein 7 is important in zebrafish heart developmentElisabeth B Ott
Institute of Biology, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Leiden, Leiden, The Netherlands
Dev Dyn 237:3940-52. 2008..We reveal the temporal and spatial expression patterns of this important gene during mouse, chicken and fish development and our findings suggest essential functions for LMO7 during vertebrate heart development...
- Notch activity levels control the balance between quiescence and recruitment of adult neural stem cellsPrisca Chapouton
Zebrafish Neurogenetics Department, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
J Neurosci 30:7961-74. 2010....
- Three novel Notch genes in zebrafish: implications for vertebrate Notch gene evolution and functionJ Westin
Department of Developmental Neuroscience, BMC, Uppsala University, Box 587, 751 23, Uppsala, Sweden
Dev Genes Evol 207:51-63. 1997..Notch gene function, we isolated cDNA fragments of three novel Notch genes from zebrafish (Danio rerio), Notch1b, Notch5 and Notch6. Notch1b is a second zebrafish Notch1 gene...
- Notch3 signaling gates cell cycle entry and limits neural stem cell amplification in the adult palliumAlessandro Alunni
Institute of Neurobiology A Fessard, Laboratory of Neurobiology and Development, CNRS UPR3294, Team Zebrafish Neurogenetics, Avenue de la Terrasse, Building 5, F 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Development 140:3335-47. 2013..By contrast, abrogation of notch1b function results in the generation of neurons at the expense of the activated NSC state...
- Foxn4 directly regulates tbx2b expression and atrioventricular canal formationNeil C Chi
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Programs in Developmental Biology, Genetics and Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Genes Dev 22:734-9. 2008..sli/foxn4 is expressed in the AV canal, and its encoded product binds to a highly conserved tbx2 enhancer domain that contains Foxn4- and T-box-binding sites, both necessary to regulate tbx2b expression in the AV canal...
- Zebrafish early cardiac connexin, Cx36.7/Ecx, regulates myofibril orientation and heart morphogenesis by establishing Nkx2.5 expressionNaznin Sultana
Departments of Biological Sciences and Biological Information, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:4763-8. 2008..5 expression, which in turn promotes unidirectional, parallel alignment of myofibrils and the subsequent proper heart morphogenesis...
- Haemodynamically dependent valvulogenesis of zebrafish heart is mediated by flow-dependent expression of miR-21Toshihiro Banjo
Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, 2 1 1 Katahira, Aoba, Sendai, Miyagi 980 8577, Japan
Nat Commun 4:1978. 2013..We conclude that miR-21 is a central component of a flow-controlled mechanotransduction system in a physicogenetic regulatory loop...
- Monitoring Notch1 activity in development: evidence for a feedback regulatory loopGonzalo del Monte
Departamento de Inmunologia y Oncologia, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, Campus Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
Dev Dyn 236:2594-614. 2007..We found that Notch1 transcription and activity was severely reduced in zebrafish and mouse Notch pathway mutants, suggesting that vertebrate Notch1 expression is regulated by a positive feedback loop...
- Tbx2 and Tbx3 regulate the dynamics of cell proliferation during heart remodelingInes Ribeiro
Gene Expression Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e398. 2007..Cardiomyocytes in the future chamber myocardium acquire different cellular and physiological characteristics through activation of a chamber-specific genetic program, which is in part mediated by T-box genes...
- A positive regulatory loop between foxi3a and foxi3b is essential for specification and differentiation of zebrafish epidermal ionocytesChung Der Hsiao
Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 2:e302. 2007..However, the mechanism controlling epidermal ionocyte specification and differentiation remains unknown...
- Two zebrafish Notch-dependent hairy/Enhancer-of-split-related genes, her6 and her4, are required to maintain the coordination of cyclic gene expression in the presomitic mesodermAndrea Pasini
Division of Developmental Neurobiology, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 7AA, UK
Development 131:1529-41. 2004....
- Evolutionary analysis of vertebrate Notch genesR D Kortschak
Discipline of Genetics, Department of Molecular Bioscience, Adelaide University, North Terrace, Adelaide 5005, Australia
Dev Genes Evol 211:350-4. 2001..Sequence similarities between the ankyrin repeats and the region immediately C-terminal of the repeats further suggests that this region may be involved in the modulation of ankyrin repeat function...
- UDP-glucose dehydrogenase required for cardiac valve formation in zebrafishE C Walsh
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Programs in Developmental Biology, Genetics and Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0448, USA
Science 293:1670-3. 2001..The atrioventricular border cells do not differentiate from their neighbors in jekyll mutants, suggesting that Jekyll is required in a cell signaling event that establishes a boundary between the atrium and ventricle...
- Activation of Notch signaling pathway precedes heart regeneration in zebrafishAngel Raya
Gene Expression Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:11889-95. 2003..Preceding Msx activation, there is a marked increase in the expression of notch1b and deltaC, which we show are also up-regulated during fin regeneration...
- The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway regulates cardiac valve formationAdam F L Hurlstone
Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Hubrecht Laboratory and Centre for Biomedical Genetics, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nature 425:633-7. 2003..Our findings identify a novel role for Wnt/beta-catenin signalling in determining endocardial cell fate...
- Notch signaling controls generation of motor neurons in the lesioned spinal cord of adult zebrafishTatyana B Dias
Centre for Neuroregeneration, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 32:3245-52. 2012..This demonstrates that Notch is a negative signal for regenerative neurogenesis, and, importantly, that spinal motor neuron regeneration can be augmented in an adult vertebrate by inhibiting Notch signaling...
- Inhibition of Jagged-mediated Notch signaling disrupts zebrafish biliary development and generates multi-organ defects compatible with an Alagille syndrome phenocopyKristin Lorent
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6058, USA
Development 131:5753-66. 2004..These data confirm an evolutionarily conserved role for Notch signaling in vertebrate liver development, and support the zebrafish as a model system for diseases of the human biliary system...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor signaling is required for cardiac valve formation in zebrafishYou Mie Lee
Vascular Biology Program, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Dev Dyn 235:29-37. 2006..Taken together, these data demonstrate a novel function for VEGF-Rs in the endocardial endothelium of the developing cardiac valve...
- Notch1b and neuregulin are required for specification of central cardiac conduction tissueDavid J Milan
Cardiovascular Research Center and Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Development 133:1125-32. 2006..Finally, both neuregulin and notch1b are necessary for the development of atrioventricular conduction tissue...
- Endothelial signalling by the Notch ligand Delta-like 4 restricts angiogenesisJonathan D Leslie
Vertebrate Development Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Development 134:839-44. 2007..Thus, Dll4-Notch signalling acts as an angiogenic ;off' switch by making endothelial cells unresponsive to Vegf...
- Delta-Notch signalling controls commitment to a secretory fate in the zebrafish intestineCecile Crosnier
Vertebrate Development Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Development 132:1093-104. 2005..These findings demonstrate the central role of Notch signalling in the gut stem-cell system and establish the zebrafish as a model for study of the mechanisms controlling renewal of gut epithelium...
- Autophagy is essential for cardiac morphogenesis during vertebrate developmentEunmyong Lee
Department of Internal Medicine University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Dallas, TX USA
Autophagy 10:572-87. 2014..Thus, autophagy plays an essential, conserved role in cardiac morphogenesis during vertebrate development. ..
- Cilia Control Vascular Mural Cell Recruitment in VertebratesXiaowen Chen
Vesalius Research Center, VIB KUL, Leuven 3000, Belgium
Cell Rep 18:1033-1047. 2017..In summary, we have identified a hemodynamic-dependent mechanism in the developing vasculature that controls vMC recruitment...
- Notch signaling regulates cardiomyocyte proliferation during zebrafish heart regenerationLong Zhao
Cardiovascular Research Center, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:1403-8. 2014..Taken together, our data uncover the exquisite sensitivity of regenerative cardiomyocyte proliferation to perturbations in Notch signaling. ..
- ADAP2 in heart development: a candidate gene for the occurrence of cardiovascular malformations in NF1 microdeletion syndromeMarco Venturin
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie mediche e Medicina traslazionale, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Med Genet 51:436-43. 2014..In order to identify which genes could be responsible for cardiovascular malformations in the deleted patients, we carried out expression studies in mouse embryos and functional studies in zebrafish...
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase PTPN9 regulates erythroid cell development through STAT3 dephosphorylation in zebrafishYe Bu
Beijing Key Laboratory of Cardiometabolic Molecular Medicine and State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Peking University, Beijing, 100871 China
J Cell Sci 127:2761-70. 2014....
- Different combinations of Notch ligands and receptors regulate V2 interneuron progenitor proliferation and V2a/V2b cell fate determinationSayumi Okigawa
Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Aichi 464 8602, Japan
Dev Biol 391:196-206. 2014..Two ligands, DeltaA and DeltaD, and three receptors, Notch1a, Notch1b, and Notch3 redundantly contribute to p2 progenitor maintenance...
- Zebrafish Crip2 plays a critical role in atrioventricular valve development by downregulating the expression of ECM genes in the endocardial cushionJun Dae Kim
Yale Cardiovascular Research Center, Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Mol Cells 37:406-11. 2014..but the expression of bone morphogenetic protein 4 (bmp4) and T-box 2b (tbx2b) in the myocardium and of notch1b in the endocardium in the AVC did not change...
- Protein kinase D2 controls cardiac valve formation in zebrafish by regulating histone deacetylase 5 activitySteffen Just
Department of Medicine II, University of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 23, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Circulation 124:324-34. 2011..The molecular mechanisms that guide heart valve formation are not well understood. However, elucidation of the genetic basis of congenital heart disease is one of the prerequisites for the development of tissue-engineered heart valves...
- The Popeye domain containing 2 (popdc2) gene in zebrafish is required for heart and skeletal muscle developmentBettina C Kirchmaier
Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Wurzburg, Biocenter, Am Hubland, 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
Dev Biol 363:438-50. 2012..Our results identify popdc2 as a gene important for striated muscle differentiation and cardiac morphogenesis. In addition it is required for the development of the cardiac conduction system...
- Overexpression of miR-19b impairs cardiac development in zebrafish by targeting ctnnb1Mengmeng Li
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Nanjing Maternity and Child Health Care Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 33:1988-2002. 2014..We aimed to identify the biological significance of miR-19b in cardiac development and its underlying molecular mechanism of action in vivo...
- Valproic acid, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, regulates cell proliferation in the adult zebrafish optic tectumMiki Dozawa
Department of Life Science and Medical Bio Science, School of Advanced Science and Engineering, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
Dev Dyn 243:1401-15. 2014..While VPA is known to cause teratogenic changes in the embryonic zebrafish brain, its effects on neural stem cells (NSCs) in both the embryonic and adult zebrafish are not well understood...
- Discrete Notch signaling requirements in the specification of hematopoietic stem cellsAlbert D Kim
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
EMBO J 33:2363-73. 2014..The orthologues of the murine Notch1 receptor, Notch1a and Notch1b, are each required intrinsically to fate HSCs, just prior to their emergence from aortic hemogenic endothelium...
- Repressing notch signaling and expressing TNFα are sufficient to mimic retinal regeneration by inducing Müller glial proliferation to generate committed progenitor cellsClay Conner
Department of Biological Sciences and the Center for Zebrafish Research, Galvin Life Sciences Building, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
J Neurosci 34:14403-19. 2014....
- Fgf-signaling-dependent Sox9a and Atoh1a regulate otic neural development in zebrafishJialiang Wang
The Education Ministry Key Laboratory of Cell Proliferation and Differentiation and the State Key Laboratory of Bio membrane and Membrane Bio engineering, School of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
J Neurosci 35:234-44. 2015..These newly uncovered roles for Atoh1and Sox9 in zebrafish otic development may be relevant to study in other species. ..
- miR-216a regulates snx5, a novel notch signaling pathway component, during zebrafish retinal developmentAbigail F Olena
Department of Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt University, United States
Dev Biol 400:72-81. 2015..We propose a model in which SNX5, precisely controlled by miR-216a, is a vital partner of Mib in promoting endocytosis of Delta and subsequent activation of Notch signaling. ..
- Lymphatic vessels arise from specialized angioblasts within a venous nicheJ Nicenboim
Nature 522:56-61. 2015..More broadly, our findings highlight the cardinal vein as a heterogeneous structure, analogous to the haematopoietic niche in the aortic floor...
- Testing multiple hypotheses through IMP weighted FDR based on a genetic functional network with application to a new zebrafish transcriptome studyJiang Gui
Department of Biomedical Data Science, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH USA Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, 883 Rubin Bldg, HB7927, One Medical Center Dr, Lebanon, NH USA
BioData Min 8:17. 2015..We compared the mRNA expression for each group and found over 200 differentially expressed genes and several enriched pathways including defense response pathways, arsenic response pathways, and the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Genetic association analyses highlight biological pathways underlying mitral valve prolapseChristian Dina
INSERM Unité Mixte de Recherche UMR 1087, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS UMR 6291, Institut du Thorax, Nantes, France
Nat Genet 47:1206-11. 2015..This study identifies the first risk loci for MVP and suggests new mechanisms involved in mitral valve regurgitation, the most common indication for mitral valve repair. ..
- Cardiac contraction activates endocardial Notch signaling to modulate chamber maturation in zebrafishLeigh Ann Samsa
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA McAllister Heart Institute, UNC School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Development 142:4080-91. 2015..contraction, we showed that cardiac contraction is required for trabeculation through its role in regulating notch1b transcription in the ventricular endocardium...
- Epigenetic regulation of hematopoiesis by DNA methylationAniket V Gore
Division of Developmental Biology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, United States
elife 5:e11813. 2016..Our results reveal an epigenetic mechanism supporting the maintenance of hematopoietic cell fate via DNA methylation-mediated perdurance of a key transcription factor in HSPCs. ..
- Competition between Jagged-Notch and Endothelin1 Signaling Selectively Restricts Cartilage Formation in the Zebrafish Upper FaceLindsey Barske
Eli and Edythe Broad CIRM Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 12:e1005967. 2016..These findings support a model in which Notch-mediated restriction of cartilage differentiation, particularly in the second pharyngeal arch, helps to establish a distinct skeletal pattern in the upper face. ..
- Identification of a Paralog-Specific Notch1 Intracellular Domain DegronMatthew R Broadus
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Rep 15:1920-9. 2016..Our studies reveal a mechanism by which degradation of NICD1 is regulated by the N1-Box to minimize stochastic flux and to establish a threshold for Notch1 pathway activation. ..
- Progressive loss of RacGAP1/ogre activity has sequential effects on cytokinesis and zebrafish developmentRachel M Warga
Department of Biological Sciences, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI 49008, USA Electronic address
Dev Biol 418:307-22. 2016..We conclude that while RacGAP1 function is crucial for cytokinesis and its activity at different levels controls different aspects of cytokinesis, these defects have occluded other critical roles of this interesting protein. ..
- Chronic alcohol exposure induces muscle atrophy (myopathy) in zebrafish and alters the expression of microRNAs targeting the Notch pathway in skeletal muscleAndrew Khayrullin
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta University, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 479:590-595. 2016..Furthermore, zebrafish may serve as a useful model for better understanding the role of microRNAs in alcohol-related tissue damage...
- Grk5l controls heart development by limiting mTOR signaling during symmetry breakingMartin D Burkhalter
Leibniz Institute for Age Research, Fritz Lippmann Institute, 07745 Jena, Germany
Cell Rep 4:625-32. 2013..By fine-tuning mTORC1, GRK5 thus serves an unanticipated function during early development, besides its well-characterized role in the adult heart. These findings could implicate GRK5 as a susceptibility allele for certain cases of CHD. ..
- Loss of plakophilin 2 disrupts heart development in zebrafishMiriam A Moriarty
Pharmacology and Therapeutics, School of Medicine, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Int J Dev Biol 56:711-8. 2012..These results indicate that plakophilin 2 has both structural and signalling roles in zebrafish heart development...
- Atoh1a expression must be restricted by Notch signaling for effective morphogenesis of the posterior lateral line primordium in zebrafishMiho Matsuda
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Section on Neural Developmental Dynamics, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 137:3477-87. 2010..Together, our observations reveal a genetic regulatory network that explains why atoh1a expression must be restricted by Notch signaling for effective morphogenesis of the pLLp...
- Analysis of Dll4 regulation reveals a combinatorial role for Sox and Notch in arterial developmentNatalia Sacilotto
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 7DQ, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:11893-8. 2013..Fascinatingly, this combinatorial ablation leads to a loss of arterial markers and the absence of a detectable dorsal aorta, demonstrating the essential roles of SoxF and Notch, together, in the acquisition of arterial identity. ..
- In vivo cardiac reprogramming contributes to zebrafish heart regenerationRuilin Zhang
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Nature 498:497-501. 2013....
- miR-21 represses Pdcd4 during cardiac valvulogenesisHeather J Kolpa
Cardiovascular Research Center, Cardiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Development 140:2172-80. 2013..PDCD4 knockdown alone was sufficient to enhance endothelial cell migration. These results demonstrate that miR-21 plays a necessary role in cardiac valvulogenesis, in large part due to an obligatory downregulation of PDCD4...
- DiGeorge syndrome gene tbx1 functions through wnt11r to regulate heart looping and differentiationPriya Choudhry
Huntsman Cancer Institute, Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e58145. 2013..This is the first study linking tbx1 and non-canonical Wnt signaling and extends our understanding of DGS and heart development...
- miR-34 is maternally inherited in Drosophila melanogaster and Danio rerioKartik Soni
CSIR Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi 110 007, India, Ambedkar Centre for Biomedical Research, Delhi University, Delhi 110007, India
Nucleic Acids Res 41:4470-80. 2013..Here, we report for the first time, the maternal inheritance of an miRNA involved in development of the neuronal system in a vertebrate model system...
- Genetic interaction between pku300 and fbn2b controls endocardial cell proliferation and valve development in zebrafishXu Wang
Institute of Molecular Medicine, Peking University, Yi He Yuan Lu 5, Hai Dian Qu, Beijing 100871, China
J Cell Sci 126:1381-91. 2013..We conclude that pku300 and fbn2b represent the few genes capable of regulating endocardial cell proliferation and signaling in zebrafish cardiac valve development...
- Notch regulates blastema proliferation and prevents differentiation during adult zebrafish fin regenerationJuliane Münch
Program of Cardiovascular Developmental Biology, Department of Cardiovascular Development and Repair, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares CNIC, Madrid, Spain
Development 140:1402-11. 2013..We conclude that Notch signalling maintains blastema cells in a plastic, undifferentiated and proliferative state, an essential requirement for fin regeneration...
- Progesterone and adipoQ receptor 11 links ras signaling to cardiac development in zebrafishHeng Huang
Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolism, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:2158-70. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the physiological functions of PAQR10 and PAQR11...
- The W-loop of alpha-cardiac actin is critical for heart function and endocardial cushion morphogenesis in zebrafishNicole O Glenn
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Mol Cell Biol 32:3527-40. 2012..Our study underscores the importance of the W-loop for actin functionality and will help us to understand the structural and physiological consequences of ACTC mutations in human congenital disorders...
- Intralineage directional Notch signaling regulates self-renewal and differentiation of asymmetrically dividing radial gliaZhiqiang Dong
Programs in Human Genetics and Biological Sciences, Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 2811, USA
Neuron 74:65-78. 2012..These findings reveal with single-cell resolution how self-renewal and differentiation become precisely segregated within asymmetrically dividing neural progenitor/stem lineages...
- Characterization of harpy/Rca1/emi1 mutants: patterning in the absence of cell divisionBruce B Riley
Department of Biology, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas, USA
Dev Dyn 239:828-43. 2010..Despite relatively normal gross patterning, harpy mutants show several defects in morphogenesis, cell migration and differentiation resulting directly or indirectly from the arrest of cell division...
- Notch signaling functions as a cell-fate switch between the endothelial and hematopoietic lineagesChristina Y Lee
McAllister Heart Institute, Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, and Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Curr Biol 19:1616-22. 2009....
- microRNA-138 modulates cardiac patterning during embryonic developmentSarah U Morton
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:17830-5. 2008....
- Her4 is necessary for establishing peripheral projections of the trigeminal ganglia in zebrafishJu Hoon So
Department of Biology, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 379:22-6. 2009..These observations suggest that Her4 and Notch play a role in peripheral outgrowth of sensory neurons...
- Notch-regulated oligodendrocyte specification from radial glia in the spinal cord of zebrafish embryosHo Kim
Graduate School of Medicine, Korea University, Ansan, Gyeonggido, Republic of Korea
Dev Dyn 237:2081-9. 2008....
- Plakoglobin has both structural and signalling roles in zebrafish developmentEva D Martin
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics and National Centre for Biomedical Engineering Science, National University of Ireland, Galway, Galway, Ireland
Dev Biol 327:83-96. 2009..post fertilisation (hpf), and cmlc2 and vmhc at 48 hpf, while there is lack of restriction of the valve markers notch1b and bmp4 at 48 hpf...
- Temporal Notch activation through Notch1a and Notch3 is required for maintaining zebrafish rhombomere boundariesXuehui Qiu
Laboratory of Developmental Signalling and Patterning, Genes and Development Division, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, A STAR Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Singapore, Singapore
Dev Genes Evol 219:339-51. 2009....
- A regulator of transcriptional elongation controls vertebrate neuronal developmentS Guo
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 408:366-9. 2000..The mutation disrupts its repressive but not its stimulatory activity. Our results provide molecular, genetic and biochemical evidence that negative regulators of transcription elongation control key aspects of neuronal development...
- Notch signaling regulates endocrine cell specification in the zebrafish anterior pituitarySunit Dutta
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, NICHD, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Dev Biol 319:248-57. 2008..We propose that Notch mediated lateral inhibition regulates the relative numbers of specified hormone cell types in the three pituitary subdomains...
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin exposure prevents cardiac valve formation in developing zebrafishVatsal Mehta
Molecular and Environmental Toxicology Center, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, 777 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53705 2222, USA
Toxicol Sci 104:303-11. 2008..of endothelial cells at the AV and BV junctions and altered the localized expression of mRNAs bmp4 and notch1b normally associated with the nascent valves...
- Notch signaling regulates the extent of hair cell regeneration in the zebrafish lateral lineEva Y Ma
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7420, USA
J Neurosci 28:2261-73. 2008..Excess hair cells result from increased support cell proliferation. These results suggest a model where Notch signaling limits the number of hair cells produced during regeneration by regulating support cell proliferation...
- Combined activity of the two Gli2 genes of zebrafish play a major role in Hedgehog signaling during zebrafish neurodevelopmentZhiyuan Ke
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Mol Cell Neurosci 37:388-401. 2008..Gli2b acts in cell proliferation and plays an early role in the hindbrain within a regulatory cascade involving Notch and Ngn1, as well as a role as specific activator in rhombomere 4...
- A novel mitochondrial matrix serine/threonine protein phosphatase regulates the mitochondria permeability transition pore and is essential for cellular survival and developmentGang Lu
Department of Anesthesiology, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Genes Dev 21:784-96. 2007..These data suggest that PP2Cm is a novel mitochondrial protein phosphatase that has a critical function in cell death and survival, and may play a role in regulating the MPTP opening...
- Depletion of Med10 enhances Wnt and suppresses Nodal signaling during zebrafish embryogenesisXueying Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Dev Biol 303:536-48. 2007..Thus, Med10 appears to be a unique MED subunit that differentially transduces information from distinct signaling pathways during zebrafish embryogenesis...
- Fluorescent protein expression driven by her4 regulatory elements reveals the spatiotemporal pattern of Notch signaling in the nervous system of zebrafish embryosSang Yeob Yeo
Department of Genetic Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Korea
Dev Biol 301:555-67. 2007..The establishment of a reporter line with Notch-Su(H)-dependent fluorescent gene expression provides a tool to explore the complex role of Notch signaling in the development of vertebrate nervous system...
- Hadp1, a newly identified pleckstrin homology domain protein, is required for cardiac contractility in zebrafishJoshua D Wythe
Department of Oncological Sciences and Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Dis Model Mech 4:607-21. 2011....
- Insulin-like growth factor-2 regulates early neural and cardiovascular system development in zebrafish embryosLori Hartnett
Department of Biochemistry, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Int J Dev Biol 54:573-83. 2010..The finding that igf-2a and igf-2b do not act exclusively in a redundant manner may explain why both genes have been stably maintained in the genome...
- Notch signaling distinguishes 2 waves of definitive hematopoiesis in the zebrafish embryoJulien Y Bertrand
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0380, USA
Blood 115:2777-83. 2010..These studies establish that HSCs are the only hematopoietic precursor that requires Notch signaling and help to clarify the signaling events underlying the specification of the 2 distinct waves of definitive hematopoiesis...
- The PAF1 complex component Leo1 is essential for cardiac and neural crest development in zebrafishCatherine T Nguyen
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Dev Biol 341:167-75. 2010..Taken together, these results provide the first genetic evidence of the requirement for Leo1 in the development of the heart and neural crest cell populations...
- Hedgehog signaling induces arterial endothelial cell formation by repressing venous cell fateCharles Williams
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Dev Biol 341:196-204. 2010..Collectively, these studies suggest that arterial endothelial cells are specified and formed via repressing venous cell fate at the lateral plate mesoderm by Hh signaling during vasculogenesis...
- Role of delta-like-4/Notch in the formation and wiring of the lymphatic network in zebrafishIlse Geudens
Vesalius Research Center, VIB, Leuven, Belgium
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1695-702. 2010..To study whether Notch signaling, which regulates cell fate decisions and vessel morphogenesis, controls lymphatic development...
- Hey2 acts upstream of Notch in hematopoietic stem cell specification in zebrafish embryosJonathan M Rowlinson
Institute of Genetics, School of Biology, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Blood 116:2046-56. 2010..These results establish an essential role for Hey2 upstream of Notch in HSC formation...
- Chromatin remodelling complex dosage modulates transcription factor function in heart developmentJun K Takeuchi
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Nat Commun 2:187. 2011....
- The PAF1 complex differentially regulates cardiomyocyte specificationAdam D Langenbacher
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Dev Biol 353:19-28. 2011..Our findings demonstrate critical but differential requirements for PAF1C components in zebrafish cardiac specification and heart morphogenesis...
- Identification of cis regulatory features in the embryonic zebrafish genome through large-scale profiling of H3K4me1 and H3K4me3 binding sitesAaron W Aday
Program in Gene Function and Expression, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01602, USA
Dev Biol 357:450-62. 2011....
- Flt1 acts as a negative regulator of tip cell formation and branching morphogenesis in the zebrafish embryoJanna Krueger
Department of Angiogenesis and Cardiovascular Pathology, Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, D13125 Berlin, Germany
Development 138:2111-20. 2011..Thus, Flt1 acts in a Notch-dependent manner as a negative regulator of tip cell differentiation and branching. Flt1 distribution may be fine-tuned, involving interactions with the developing nervous system...
- Zebrafish Her8a is activated by Su(H)-dependent Notch signaling and is essential for the inhibition of neurogenesisPei Chen Chung
School of Medicine, Graduate Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 6:e19394. 2011....
- Nephronectin regulates atrioventricular canal differentiation via Bmp4-Has2 signaling in zebrafishChinmoy Patra
Department of Cardiac Development and Remodelling, Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, Parkstrasse 1, 61231 Bad Nauheim, Germany
Development 138:4499-509. 2011..expanded and endocardial cells along the extended tube-like structure exhibit characteristics of AV cells (has2, notch1b and Alcam expression, cuboidal cell shape)...
- The novel transmembrane protein Tmem2 is essential for coordination of myocardial and endocardial morphogenesisRonald Totong
Developmental Genetics Program and Department of Cell Biology, Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 138:4199-205. 2011..Together, our data reveal that Tmem2 is an essential mediator of myocardium-endocardium coordination during cardiac morphogenesis...
- Transmembrane protein 2 (Tmem2) is required to regionally restrict atrioventricular canal boundary and endocardial cushion developmentKelly A Smith
Hubrecht Institute, KNAW and University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Development 138:4193-8. 2011..Finally, we show that immature AVC expansion in wkm mutants is rescued by depleting Bmp4, indicating that Tmem2 restricts bmp4 expression to delimit the AVC primordium during cardiac development...