Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nos1
Description: nitric oxide synthase 1 (neuronal)
Alias: nNOS, nos, nitric oxide synthase, brain
- Inter-species transplantation and migration of primordial germ cells in cyprinid fishTaiju Saito
Nanae Fresh Water Laboratory, Field Science Center for Northern Biosphere, Hokkaido University, Nanae, Japan
Int J Dev Biol 54:1481-86. 2010....
- Comparative analysis of zebrafish nos2a and nos2b genesSandrine Lepiller
Inserm UMR 866, University of Burgundy, Institut Fédératif de Recherche Santé STIC, 21000 Dijon, France
Gene 445:58-65. 2009..Three NOS isoforms have been identified in mammals, namely a neuronal (NOS1), an inducible (NOS2) and an endothelial (NOS3) enzyme...
- Expression pattern of neuronal nitric oxide synthase in embryonic zebrafishKar Lai Poon
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 1 Research Link, Singapore, Singapore
Gene Expr Patterns 3:463-6. 2003..Here, we report the cloning and expression pattern of the zebrafish nnos. This gene was mapped to zebrafish linkage group 5...
- A Zebrafish Drug-Repurposing Screen Reveals sGC-Dependent and sGC-Independent Pro-Inflammatory Activities of Nitric OxideChristine Wittmann
Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Eggenstein Leopoldshafen, Germany
PLoS ONE 10:e0137286. 2015..Together, we show that our screening method can help to identify novel immune-modulatory activities and provide new mechanistic insights into the regulation of inflammatory processes. ..
- The impact of tumor nitric oxide production on VEGFA expression and tumor growth in a zebrafish rat glioma xenograft modelNadhir Yousfi
INSERM, UMR 866, Equipe Labellisée Ligue contre le Cancer, Dijon, France University of Burgundy, UFR SVTE, Dijon, France
PLoS ONE 10:e0120435. 2015....
- S-nitrosothiol signaling regulates liver development and improves outcome following toxic liver injuryAndrew G Cox
Genetics Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Rep 6:56-69. 2014..These studies demonstrate that GSNOR inhibitors will be beneficial therapeutic candidates for treating liver injury. ..
- [Expression of gdnf and nos in adult zebrafish brain during the regeneration after spinal cord injury]Lin Xie
Center for Neuroscience, Shantou University Medical College, Shantou, China
Yi Chuan 35:495-501. 2013..applied to reveal the dynamics of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (gdnf) and nitric oxide synthases (nos) mRNA expression in various regions of zebrafish brain...
- Gβγ signaling controls the polarization of zebrafish primordial germ cells by regulating Rac activityHui Xu
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Iowa, 1 400 Bowen Science Building, 51 Newton Road, Iowa City, IA 52242 1109, USA
Development 139:57-62. 2012..Our results indicate that during PGC migration in vivo, Gβγ signaling regulates Rac activity to control cell polarity, which is required for the responsiveness to chemokine signaling...
- A blood flow-dependent klf2a-NO signaling cascade is required for stabilization of hematopoietic stem cell programming in zebrafish embryosLu Wang
State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Key Laboratory of Stem Cell Development, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Blood 118:4102-10. 2011..Furthermore, the expression of NO synthase (nos) was reduced in klf2a knockdown embryos, and ChIP analysis showed that endogenous Klf2a is bound to the promoters ..
- Nitric oxide synthase regulates morphogenesis of zebrafish spinal cord motoneuronsSophie Bradley
Department of Biology, College of Medicine, Biological Sciences, and Psychology, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 30:16818-31. 2010..In the immature nervous system, the neuronal isoform of NOS (NOS1) is often expressed during periods of axon outgrowth and elaboration...
- Hypoxia impairs primordial germ cell migration in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryosKwok Hong Lo
Department of Biology and Chemistry, City University of Hong Kong, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR, China
PLoS ONE 6:e24540. 2011..Previous studies have mainly focused on the effect of hypoxia in adult animals. However, the effect of hypoxia and the underlying mechanism of how hypoxia affects embryonic development of aquatic animals remain unclear...
- Generation of germ-line chimera zebrafish using primordial germ cells isolated from cultured blastomeres and cryopreserved embryoidsYutaka Kawakami
Nanae Fresh Water Laboratory, Field Science Center of Northern Biosphere, Hokkaido University, Nanae, Japan
Int J Dev Biol 54:1493-501. 2010..Offspring were obtained from natural spawning between normal females and chimeric males. These results provide the basis for new methods of gene preservation in zebrafish...
- Isolation of teleost primordial germ cells using flow cytometryRie Goto-Kazeto
Nanae Fresh Water Laboratory, Field Science Center for Northern Biosphere, Hokkaido University, Hakodate, Hokkaido, Japan
Int J Dev Biol 54:1487-92. 2010..In zebrafish, medaka and goldfish, the PGCs were labeled by injecting the gfp-nos1 3UTR mRNA into 1- 4 cell embryos...
- MicroRNA-mediated integration of haemodynamics and Vegf signalling during angiogenesisStefania Nicoli
Program in Gene Function and Expression, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Nature 464:1196-200. 2010..Taken together, our work describes a novel genetic mechanism in which a microRNA facilitates integration of a physiological stimulus with growth factor signalling in endothelial cells to guide angiogenesis...
- Hematopoietic stem cell development is dependent on blood flowTrista E North
Stem Cell Program and Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 137:736-48. 2009..Morpholino knockdown of nos1 (nnos/enos) blocked HSC development, and its requirement was shown to be cell autonomous...
- Differentiation of the zebrafish enteric nervous system and intestinal smooth muscleTasha Olden
Department of Biology, Clarkson University, Potsdam, New York, USA
Genesis 46:484-98. 2008..Enteric precursors continue proliferating and differentiating into the third day of embryogenesis. nNOS neurons form early while serotonin neurons form late toward the end of enteric neural differentiation...
- Nitric oxide synthase in photoreceptive pineal organs of fishBarbara A Westermann
Max Planck Institute for Brain Research, Neuroanatomical Dept, Frankfurt M, Germany
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 151:198-204. 2008..However, despite the significant rise in cGMP levels nitric oxide donors did neither affect acute light-dependent melatonin formation in the trout pineal nor the rhythmic production of melatonin in the zebrafish pineal...
- lessen encodes a zebrafish trap100 required for enteric nervous system developmentJacy Pietsch
Department of Biology, Emory University, Rollins Research Center, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Development 133:395-406. 2006..These studies demonstrate that lsn/trap100 is not required for initial steps of cranial neural crest development and migration, but is essential for later proliferation of ENS precursors in the intestine...
- Partial cloning of neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) cDNA and regional distribution of nNOS mRNA in the central nervous system of the Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticusLoredana Bordieri
Department of Animal and Human Biology, La Sapienza University, Via A Borelli, 50 00161 Rome, Italy
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 142:123-33. 2005..The predicted 206-long amino acid sequence showed a high degree of identity with other vertebrate neuronal NOS (nNOS) protein sequences...
- The early ontogeny of neuronal nitric oxide synthase systems in the zebrafishB Holmqvist
Department of Pathology, Lund University, Sölvegatan 25, S 221 85 Lund, Sweden
J Exp Biol 207:923-35. 2004To examine a putative role for neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) in early vertebrate development we investigated nNOS mRNA expression and cGMP production during development of the zebrafish Danio rerio...