Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: nkx2.5
Description: NK2 homeobox 5
Alias: nk2.5, nkx2-5, zgc:111912, homeobox protein Nkx-2.5, NK2 transcription factor related 5, tinman homeobox homolog
Publications121 found, 100 shown here
- The g protein-coupled receptor agtrl1b regulates early development of myocardial progenitorsIan C Scott
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Programs in Developmental Biology, Genetics and Human Genetics, and Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, 1550 4th Street, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Dev Cell 12:403-13. 2007..These results support a model in which agtrl1b regulates the migration of cells fated to form myocardial progenitors...
- Interplay of pu.1 and gata1 determines myelo-erythroid progenitor cell fate in zebrafishJennifer Rhodes
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Cell 8:97-108. 2005..1 in the bloodless mutant cloche resulted in myelopoietic rescue, providing intriguing evidence that this gene can function in the absence of some stem cell genes, such as scl, in governing myelopoiesis...
- The role and regulation of friend of GATA-1 (FOG-1) during blood development in the zebrafishJulio D Amigo
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 114:4654-63. 2009..One of these enhancers contains functional GATA-binding sites, indicating the potential for a regulatory loop in which GATA factors control the expression of their partner protein FOG-1...
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) mediates hypoxia-induced embryonic growth and developmental retardationShingo Kajimura
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:1240-5. 2005..The induction of IGFBP-1 expression may be a conserved physiological mechanism to restrict the IGF-stimulated growth and developmental process under hypoxic stress...
- Left-right pattern of cardiac BMP4 may drive asymmetry of the heart in zebrafishJ N Chen
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Development 124:4373-82. 1997..Thus, the pattern of cardiac BMP4 appears to be in the pathway by which the heart interprets lateralizing signals from the midline...
- Regulation in the heart field of zebrafishG N Serbedzija
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129 2060, USA
Development 125:1095-101. 1998..The location of the different elements of the cardiac field, and their response to injury, suggests that the prechordal plate supports and/or the notochord suppresses the cardiac fate...
- Screening mosaic F1 females for mutations affecting zebrafish heart induction and patterningJ Alexander
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0554, USA
Dev Genet 22:288-99. 1998..Future analysis of these and other cardiac mutations will provide further insight into the processes of induction and anterior-posterior patterning of the heart...
- Restricted expression of cardiac myosin genes reveals regulated aspects of heart tube assembly in zebrafishD Yelon
Programs in Human Genetics and Developmental Biology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, 94143 0448, USA
Dev Biol 214:23-37. 1999..Altogether, these data suggest new models for the mechanisms that regulate the formation of a patterned heart tube and provide an important framework for future analyses of zebrafish mutants with defects in this process...
- casanova plays an early and essential role in endoderm formation in zebrafishJ Alexander
Programs in Developmental Biology and Human Genetics, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0448, USA
Dev Biol 215:343-57. 1999....
- Induction and differentiation of the zebrafish heart requires fibroblast growth factor 8 (fgf8/acerebellar)F Reifers
Department of Neurobiology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 364, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Development 127:225-35. 2000..These findings show that fgf8/acerebellar is required for induction and patterning of myocardial precursors...
- Requirement for endoderm and FGF3 in ventral head skeleton formationNicolas B David
U 368 INSERM, Ecole Normale Superieure, 46 rue d Ulm, F 75230 Paris cedex 05, France
Development 129:4457-68. 2002..Together, our results reveal for the first time that the endoderm provides differential cues along the anteroposterior axis to control ventral head skeleton development and demonstrate that this function is mediated in part by Fgf3...
- Activation of Notch signaling pathway precedes heart regeneration in zebrafishAngel Raya
Gene Expression Laboratory, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:11889-95. 2003..Advances in these fields will undoubtedly aid in the implementation of strategies for regenerative medicine...
- GATA-6 maintains BMP-4 and Nkx2 expression during cardiomyocyte precursor maturationTessa Peterkin
Institute of Genetics, University of Nottingham, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
EMBO J 22:4260-73. 2003..We therefore conclude that proper maturation of cardiac mesoderm requires GATA-6, which functions to maintain BMP-4 and Nkx2 expression...
- Wnt-5/pipetail functions in vertebrate axis formation as a negative regulator of Wnt/beta-catenin activityTrudi A Westfall
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Cell Biol 162:889-98. 2003..The Wnt-5 loss-of-function defect is consistent with Ca2+ modulation having an antagonistic interaction with Wnt/beta-catenin signaling...
- Noncanonical Wnt signaling regulates midline convergence of organ primordia during zebrafish developmentTakaaki Matsui
Gene Expression Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genes Dev 19:164-75. 2005..Overall, our results uncover a late, previously unexpected role of noncanonical Wnt signaling in the control of midline assembly of organ precursors during vertebrate embryo development...
- Retinoic acid signaling restricts the cardiac progenitor poolBrian R Keegan
Developmental Genetics Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, and Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Science 307:247-9. 2005..Thus, retinoic acid signaling creates a balance between cardiac and noncardiac identities, thereby refining the dimensions of the cardiac progenitor pool...
- Gata4 regulates the formation of multiple organsAudrey Holtzinger
Department of Developmental and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Development 132:4005-14. 2005..In addition, both Gata4 and Gata6 are essential and non-redundant for liver growth following initial budding...
- Cadherin2 (N-cadherin) plays an essential role in zebrafish cardiovascular developmentBrian Bagatto
Department of Biology, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, USA
BMC Dev Biol 6:23. 2006..To gain insight into cadherin2 role in the formation and function of the heart, we analyzed cardiac differentiation and performance in a cadherin2 mutant, glass onion (glo)...
- A dynamic epicardial injury response supports progenitor cell activity during zebrafish heart regenerationAlexandra Lepilina
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cell 127:607-19. 2006..Our findings reveal injury responses by myocardial and epicardial tissues that collaborate in an Fgf-dependent manner to achieve cardiac regeneration...
- Zebrafish early cardiac connexin, Cx36.7/Ecx, regulates myofibril orientation and heart morphogenesis by establishing Nkx2.5 expressionNaznin Sultana
Departments of Biological Sciences and Biological Information, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:4763-8. 2008..5 expression, which in turn promotes unidirectional, parallel alignment of myofibrils and the subsequent proper heart morphogenesis...
- Foxn4 directly regulates tbx2b expression and atrioventricular canal formationNeil C Chi
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Programs in Developmental Biology, Genetics and Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Genes Dev 22:734-9. 2008..sli/foxn4 is expressed in the AV canal, and its encoded product binds to a highly conserved tbx2 enhancer domain that contains Foxn4- and T-box-binding sites, both necessary to regulate tbx2b expression in the AV canal...
- Nkx genes regulate heart tube extension and exert differential effects on ventricular and atrial cell numberKIMARA L TARGOFF
Developmental Genetics Program and Department of Cell Biology, Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Dev Biol 322:314-21. 2008..Our data suggest that morphogenetic errors could originate during early stages of heart tube assembly in patients with NKX2-5 mutations...
- The sphingolipid transporter spns2 functions in migration of zebrafish myocardial precursorsAtsuo Kawahara
Department of Structural Analysis, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Fujishirodai 5 7 1, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Science 323:524-7. 2009..Thus, Spns2 in the YSL functions as a S1P transporter in S1P secretion, thereby regulating myocardial precursor migration...
- Hoxb5b acts downstream of retinoic acid signaling in the forelimb field to restrict heart field potential in zebrafishJoshua S Waxman
Department of Cell Biology, Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Dev Cell 15:923-34. 2008..Therefore, our results offer new perspectives on the mechanisms regulating organ size and the possible causes of congenital syndromes affecting both the heart and forelimb...
- Transient and transgenic analysis of the zebrafish ventricular myosin heavy chain (vmhc) promoter: an inhibitory mechanism of ventricle-specific gene expressionRuilin Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Dev Dyn 238:1564-73. 2009..Developmental Dynamics 238:1564-1573, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Distinct phases of cardiomyocyte differentiation regulate growth of the zebrafish heartEmma de Pater
Hubrecht Institute and University Medical Centre Utrecht, 3584 CT, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Development 136:1633-41. 2009..Together, our data support a model in which modified regulation of these distinct phases of cardiomyocyte differentiation has been responsible for the changes in heart size and morphology among vertebrate species...
- Latent TGF-β binding protein 3 identifies a second heart field in zebrafishYong Zhou
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Nature 474:645-8. 2011..Taken together, our findings uncover a requirement for ltbp3-TGF-β signalling during zebrafish SHF development, a process that serves to enlarge the single ventricular chamber in this species...
- Fgf differentially controls cross-antagonism between cardiac and haemangioblast regulatorsFilipa Costa Simões
MRC Molecular Haematology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, Oxford University, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington OX3 9DS, UK
Development 138:3235-45. 2011..We propose that elevation of Fgf signalling in the anterior haemangioblast territory could have led to its recruitment into the heart field during evolution, increasing the size of the heart...
- Zebrafish Mef2ca and Mef2cb are essential for both first and second heart field cardiomyocyte differentiationYaniv Hinits
Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics, New Hunt s House, Guy s Campus, King s College London, UK
Dev Biol 369:199-210. 2012..Mef2cb single mutants have a functional heart and are viable adults. Our results show that the key role of Mef2c in myocardial differentiation is conserved throughout the vertebrate heart...
- The LIM protein Ajuba restricts the second heart field progenitor pool by regulating Isl1 activityHagen R Witzel
Origin of Cardiac Cell Lineages Group, Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, Parkstrasse 1, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Dev Cell 23:58-70. 2012..We conclude that Ajuba plays a central role in regulating the SHF during heart development by linking RA signaling to the function of Isl1, a key transcription factor in cardiac progenitor cells...
- Wnt-dependent epithelial transitions drive pharyngeal pouch formationChong Pyo Choe
Broad California Institute of Regenerative Medicine Center, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Cell 24:296-309. 2013..We propose that this dynamic control of epithelial morphology by Wnt signaling may be a common theme for the budding of organ anlagen from the endoderm...
- Zebrafish second heart field development relies on progenitor specification in anterior lateral plate mesoderm and nkx2.5 functionBurcu Guner-Ataman
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 140:1353-63. 2013..Taken together, our data highlight two conserved features of zebrafish SHF development, reveal a novel genetic relationship between nkx2.5 and ltbp3, and underscore the utility of this model organism for deciphering SHF biology...
- The heartstrings mutation in zebrafish causes heart/fin Tbx5 deficiency syndromeDeborah M Garrity
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 129:4635-45. 2002..However, the syndromic deficiencies of tbx5 mutation are remarkably well retained between fish and mammals...
- Vessel and blood specification override cardiac potential in anterior mesodermJeffrey J Schoenebeck
Developmental Genetics Program and Department of Cell Biology, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Dev Cell 13:254-67. 2007..This regulatory relationship between cardiovascular pathways suggests strategies for directing progenitor cell differentiation to facilitate cardiac regeneration...
- Mutation in sodium-calcium exchanger 1 (NCX1) causes cardiac fibrillation in zebrafishAdam D Langenbacher
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:17699-704. 2005..These data signify the essential role of calcium homeostasis and NCX1h in establishing rhythmic contraction in the embryonic zebrafish heart...
- Gene duplication and functional divergence of the zebrafish insulin-like growth factor 1 receptorsPeter J Schlueter
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Kraus Natural Science Bldg, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
FASEB J 20:1230-2. 2006....
- Trout Ea4- or human Eb-peptide of pro-IGF-I disrupts heart, red blood cell, and vasculature development in zebrafish embryosChang Zoon Chun
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, 06269 3125, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 73:1112-21. 2006..These results suggest that overexpression of rtEa4 or hEb transgene in zebrafish embryos disrupts heart development, hematopoiesis, and vasculogenesis by reducing the levels of GATA 5, NKX2.5, GATA 1, GATA 2, and VEGF mRNA...
- Overlapping functions of Pea3 ETS transcription factors in FGF signaling during zebrafish developmentWade A Znosko
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, 3501 Fifth Avenue, BST3 5062, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Dev Biol 342:11-25. 2010..We further demonstrated the interaction of Pea3 ETS factors with the Dusp6 promoter both in vitro and in vivo. These results revealed the requirement of ETS factors in transducing FGF signals in developmental processes...
- Effect of Tbx1 knock-down on cardiac performance in zebrafishLi Feng Zhang
Children s Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 123:1182-9. 2010..Therefore, myocardial performance was explored in Tbx1 morpholino injected zebrafish embryos...
- Discovering small molecules that promote cardiomyocyte generation by modulating Wnt signalingTerri T Ni
State Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
Chem Biol 18:1658-68. 2011..These findings demonstrate that in vivo small-molecule screens targeting heart size can reveal compounds with cardiomyogenic effects and identify underlying target pathways...
- Complex cardiac defects after ethanol exposure during discrete cardiogenic events in zebrafish: prevention with folic acidSwapnalee Sarmah
Department of Biology, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana
Dev Dyn 242:1184-201. 2013..Mechanisms of FASD-associated CHDs are not understood. Whether alcohol interferes with a single critical event or with multiple events in heart formation is not known...
- Silencing of FABP3 leads to apoptosis-induced mitochondrial dysfunction and stimulates Wnt signaling in zebrafishYao Qiu Liu
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Nanjing Maternity and Child Health Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210029, P R China
Mol Med Rep 8:806-12. 2013..Apoptosis was one of the mechanisms underlying this effect, and was correlated with the activation of Wnt signaling. These studies identified FABP3 as a candidate gene underlying the etiology of congenital heart defects...
- Sequential effects of spadetail, one-eyed pinhead and no tail on midline convergence of nephric primordia during zebrafish embryogenesisChiu Ju Huang
British Heart Foundation Centre for Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh, QMRI, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 384:290-300. 2013....
- Tmem88a mediates GATA-dependent specification of cardiomyocyte progenitors by restricting WNT signalingNatasha Novikov
Department of Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 1300 York Ave, LC 708, New York, NY, USA
Development 140:3787-98. 2013..Tmem88a is a novel component of the regulatory mechanism controlling the second phase of biphasic WNT activity essential for embryonic cardiogenesis. ..
- Small heat shock proteins are necessary for heart migration and laterality determination in zebrafishJamie L Lahvic
Williams College Department of Biology, 59 Lab Campus Drive, Williamstown, MA 01267, USA
Dev Biol 384:166-80. 2013..In embryos in which the reduction of hspb7 or hspb12 was limited to the yolk, migration defects predominated, suggesting that the yolk expression of these genes rather than heart expression is responsible for the migration defects. ..
- Heart field origin of great vessel precursors relies on nkx2.5-mediated vasculogenesisNoelle Paffett-Lugassy
1 Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA 2 Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA 3 Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nat Cell Biol 15:1362-9. 2013..Together, these studies reveal the heart field origin of PAA endothelium and attribute a new vasculogenic function to the cardiac transcription factor Nkx2.5 during great vessel precursor development. ..
- Cyp26 enzymes are required to balance the cardiac and vascular lineages within the anterior lateral plate mesodermAriel B Rydeen
The Heart Institute, Molecular Cardiovascular Biology and Developmental Biology Divisions, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Development 141:1638-48. 2014..Our study provides novel insight into the earliest consequences of Cyp26 deficiency that underlie cardiovascular malformations in vertebrate embryos. ..
- R-spondin 3 regulates dorsoventral and anteroposterior patterning by antagonizing Wnt/β-catenin signaling in zebrafish embryosXiaozhi Rong
Key Laboratory of Marine Drugs Ocean University of China, Chinese Ministry of Education, School of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, Shandong, China
PLoS ONE 9:e99514. 2014..Human RSPO3 has similar action when tested in zebrafish embryos. These results suggest that Rspo3 regulates dorsoventral and anteroposterior patterning by negatively regulating the zygotic Wnt/β-catenin signaling in zebrafish embryos. ..
- The AP-1 transcription factor component Fosl2 potentiates the rate of myocardial differentiation from the zebrafish second heart fieldLeila Jahangiri
Cardiovascular Research Center, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 143:113-22. 2016..Our data implicate Fosl2 in promoting the progenitor to cardiomyocyte transition and uncover the existence of regulatory mechanisms to ensure appropriate SHF-mediated cardiomyocyte contribution irrespective of embryonic stage. ..
- Rescue of Caenorhabditis elegans pharyngeal development by a vertebrate heart specification geneC Haun
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:5072-5. 1998..5 and ceh-22 provide a single conserved molecular function. Further, they suggest that an evolutionarily conserved mechanism underlies heart development in vertebrates and insects and pharyngeal development in nematodes...
- Mezzo, a paired-like homeobox protein is an immediate target of Nodal signalling and regulates endoderm specification in zebrafishMorgane Poulain
UMR 7009 CNRS, Universite de Paris VI, Observatoire Oceanologique, 06230 Villefranche sur Mer, France
Development 129:4901-14. 2002..They place mezzo as a new transcription factor with unique properties acting in parallel with bonnie and clyde, faust and casanova in the Nodal signalling pathway that controls specification of mesoderm and endoderm in zebrafish...
- Zebrafish Nkd1 promotes Dvl degradation and is required for left-right patterningIgor Schneider
Department of Biology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Dev Biol 348:22-33. 2010..Our findings show that Nkd1 acts as a β-catenin antagonist in the DFCs necessary for LR patterning...
- The Cdc14B phosphatase contributes to ciliogenesis in zebrafishAurélie Clément
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Development 138:291-302. 2011..This first study of a loss of function of a Cdc14 family member in a vertebrate organism reveals a new role for Cdc14B in ciliogenesis and consequently in a number of developmental processes...
- Smarcd3b and Gata5 promote a cardiac progenitor fate in the zebrafish embryoXin Lou
Program in Development and Stem Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON M5G 1L7, Canada
Development 138:3113-23. 2011..Our results reveal an evolutionarily conserved role for cBAF activity in cardiac differentiation. Importantly, they demonstrate that Smarcd3b and Gata5 can induce a primitive, CPC-like state...
- Distinct phases of Wnt/β-catenin signaling direct cardiomyocyte formation in zebrafishTracy E Dohn
Molecular and Developmental Biology Graduate Program, University of Cincinnati, USA
Dev Biol 361:364-76. 2012....
- The zebrafish sf3b1b460 mutant reveals differential requirements for the sf3b1 pre-mRNA processing gene during neural crest developmentMin An
Department of Neuroscience, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Int J Dev Biol 56:223-37. 2012..Further, the developmental defects caused by the sf3b1(b460) mutation provide insights into genetic interactions among members of the gene regulatory network controlling neural crest development...
- Loss of plakophilin 2 disrupts heart development in zebrafishMiriam A Moriarty
Pharmacology and Therapeutics, School of Medicine, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Int J Dev Biol 56:711-8. 2012..These results indicate that plakophilin 2 has both structural and signalling roles in zebrafish heart development...
- Tbx1 is required for second heart field proliferation in zebrafishKathleen Nevis
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Dev Dyn 242:550-9. 2013..While mounting evidence suggests that the genetic pathways regulating SHF development are highly conserved in zebrafish, this topic remains an active area of investigation...
- Functional redundancy between Cdc14 phosphatases in zebrafish ciliogenesisAurélie Clément
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Dev Dyn 241:1911-21. 2012..However, the question of whether CDC14 paralogs can functionally compensate for each other has yet to be addressed...
- Conversion of zebrafish blastomeres to an endodermal fate by TGF-beta-related signalingN Peyrieras
INSERM U368, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
Curr Biol 8:783-6. 1998....
- Differential rescue of visceral and cardiac defects in Drosophila by vertebrate tinman-related genesM Park
Department of Biology, University of Michigan, 830 N University, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1048, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:9366-71. 1998....
- tbx20, a new vertebrate T-box gene expressed in the cranial motor neurons and developing cardiovascular structures in zebrafishD G Ahn
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Mech Dev 95:253-8. 2000..During development, tbx20 is expressed in embryonic structures of both mesodermal and ectodermal origins, including the heart, cranial motor neurons, and the roof of the dorsal aorta...
- The homeobox genes vox and vent are redundant repressors of dorsal fates in zebrafishY Imai
Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Development 128:2407-20. 2001..Our results support a model in which BMP signaling induces the expression of ventral genes, while vox and vent act redundantly to prevent the expression of chordin, goosecoid and other dorsal genes in the lateral and ventral mesendoderm...
- A protein disulfide isomerase expressed in the embryonic midline is required for left/right asymmetriesKazuyuki Hoshijima
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Genes Dev 16:2518-29. 2002....
- Sequential antagonism of early and late Wnt-signaling by zebrafish colgate promotes dorsal and anterior fatesRoopa M Nambiar
Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology Program, Center for Molecular Neurobiology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Dev Biol 267:165-80. 2004....
- Phosphatidylserine receptor is required for the engulfment of dead apoptotic cells and for normal embryonic development in zebrafishJiann Ruey Hong
Laboratory of Molecular Virology and Biotechnology, Institute of Biotechnology, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan
Development 131:5417-27. 2004....
- Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein-3 plays an important role in regulating pharyngeal skeleton and inner ear formation and differentiationYun Li
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 280:3613-20. 2005..These findings suggest that IGFBP-3 plays an important role in regulating pharyngeal cartilage and inner ear development and growth in zebrafish...
- Enhancer sequence conservation between vertebrates is favoured in developmental regulator genesCharles Plessy
IGBMC, 1 rue Laurent Fries, BP 10142 67404 Illkirch Cedex, France
Trends Genet 21:207-10. 2005....
- VEGF-PLCgamma1 pathway controls cardiac contractility in the embryonic heartWolfgang Rottbauer
Department of Medicine III, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Genes Dev 19:1624-34. 2005..Thus, the muscle of the heart uses the VEGF-PLCgamma1 cascade to control the strength of the heart beat. We speculate that this paracrine system may contribute to normal and pathological regulation of cardiac contractility...
- Cooperative interaction of Angiopoietin-like proteins 1 and 2 in zebrafish vascular developmentYoshiaki Kubota
Department of Cell Differentiation, The Sakaguchi Laboratory, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:13502-7. 2005..These results provide a physiological demonstration of the cooperative interaction of Angptl1 and Angptl2 in endothelial cells through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt mediated antiapoptotic activities...
- Delta-sarcoglycan is necessary for early heart and muscle development in zebrafishLu Cheng
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 344:1290-9. 2006..These data together suggest that delta-sarcoglycan plays an important role in early heart and muscle development...
- Zebrafish cypher is important for somite formation and heart developmentDavid L M van der Meer
Institute of Biology, Department of Integrative Zoology University of Leiden, Kaiserstraat 3, 2311 GN, The Netherlands
Dev Biol 299:356-72. 2006..Taken together, our data suggest that cypher may play a role downstream of sonic hedgehog, in a late stage of somite development, when slow muscle fibers differentiate and migrate from the adaxial cells...
- Diversin regulates heart formation and gastrulation movements in developmentHeinz Moeller
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Roessle Strasse 10, 13092 Berlin, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:15900-5. 2006..Our data thus demonstrate that Diversin and Dishevelled function together in a mutually dependent fashion in zebrafish gastrulation and organ formation...
- Zebrafish Bmp4 regulates left-right asymmetry at two distinct developmental time pointsSonja Chocron
Cardiac Development and Genetics Group, Hubrecht Laboratory, Uppsalalaan 8, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Dev Biol 305:577-88. 2007..The identification of these two distinct and opposing activities of BMP signaling provides new insight into how BMP signaling can regulate LR patterning...
- Tbx2 and Tbx3 regulate the dynamics of cell proliferation during heart remodelingInes Ribeiro
Gene Expression Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e398. 2007..Cardiomyocytes in the future chamber myocardium acquire different cellular and physiological characteristics through activation of a chamber-specific genetic program, which is in part mediated by T-box genes...
- Biphasic role for Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in cardiac specification in zebrafish and embryonic stem cellsShuichi Ueno
Department of Pathology, Center for Cardiovascular Biology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:9685-90. 2007..Thus, Wnt/beta-catenin signaling promotes cardiac differentiation at early developmental stages and inhibits it later. Control of this pathway may promote derivation of cardiomyocytes for basic research and cell therapy applications...
- Csrp1 regulates dynamic cell movements of the mesendoderm and cardiac mesoderm through interactions with Dishevelled and DiversinKota Y Miyasaka
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, Institute of Development, Aging, and Cancer, Tohoku University, 4 1 Seiryo, Aoba, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:11274-9. 2007..Our data highlight Csrp1 as a key molecule of the noncanonical Wnt pathway, which orchestrates cell behaviors during dynamic morphogenetic movements of tissues and organs...
- Paf1 complex homologues are required for Notch-regulated transcription during somite segmentationTakashi Akanuma
Okazaki Institute for Integrative Biosciences, National Institutes of Natural Sciences, Okazaki, Aichi 444 8787, Japan
EMBO Rep 8:858-63. 2007..Therefore, zebrafish homologues of the yeast Paf1 complex seem to preferentially affect a subset of genes, including Notch-regulated genes, during embryogenesis...
- Redundancy and evolution of GATA factor requirements in development of the myocardiumTessa Peterkin
Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
Dev Biol 311:623-35. 2007....
- Heart-specific isoform of tropomyosin4 is essential for heartbeat in zebrafish embryosLong Zhao
Protein Science Laboratory of the Ministry of Education, Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, People s Republic of China
Cardiovasc Res 80:200-8. 2008..So far, little is known about Tpm4 function in embryonic heart development and its involvement in the cardiovascular diseases. In this study, we investigated functions of different isoforms of tpm4 in embryonic heartbeat in zebrafish...
- Fli1 acts at the top of the transcriptional network driving blood and endothelial developmentFeng Liu
John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, OX3 9DS Oxford, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 18:1234-40. 2008..Taken together, these results place Fli1 at the top of the transcriptional regulatory hierarchy for hemangioblast specification in vertebrate embryos...
- The orphan G protein-coupled receptor 161 is required for left-right patterningTinchung Leung
Weis Center for Research, Geisinger Clinic, Danville, PA 17822, USA
Dev Biol 323:31-40. 2008..Taken together, these data support a model in which gpr161 plays an essential role in left-right (L-R) patterning by modulating Ca(2+) levels in the cells surrounding the Kupffer's vesicle...
- odd skipped related1 reveals a novel role for endoderm in regulating kidney versus vascular cell fateSudha P Mudumana
Nephrology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 135:3355-67. 2008....
- Hedgehog signaling plays a cell-autonomous role in maximizing cardiac developmental potentialNatalie A Thomas
Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 135:3789-99. 2008..Thus, Hh signaling plays an essential early role in defining the optimal number of cardiomyocytes, making it an attractive target for manipulation of multipotent progenitor cells...
- Plakoglobin has both structural and signalling roles in zebrafish developmentEva D Martin
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics and National Centre for Biomedical Engineering Science, National University of Ireland, Galway, Galway, Ireland
Dev Biol 327:83-96. 2009..These results establish the zebrafish as a model for ARVC caused by loss of plakoglobin function and indicate that there are signalling as well as structural consequences of this loss...
- Distinct functions of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in KV development and cardiac asymmetryXueying Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Development 136:207-17. 2009..In summary, our results reveal a previously unexpected role of Wnt-Gata4 signaling in the control of asymmetric signal propagation from the LPM to the cardiac field...
- Nkx2.7 and Nkx2.5 function redundantly and are required for cardiac morphogenesis of zebrafish embryosChi Tang Tu
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 4:e4249. 2009..5 and Nkx-2.3. Nkx2.7 and Nkx2.5 express in zebrafish heart fields of lateral plate mesoderm. The temporal and spatial expression patterns of Nkx2.7 are similar to those of Nkx2.5, but their functions during cardiogenesis remain unclear...
- Massively parallel sequencing identifies the gene Megf8 with ENU-induced mutation causing heterotaxyZhen Zhang
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 1583, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:3219-24. 2009..Overall, through the recovery of an ENU-induced mutation, we uncovered Megf8 as an essential regulator of left-right patterning...
- Isolation of a ventricle-specific promoter for the zebrafish ventricular myosin heavy chain (vmhc) gene and its regulation by GATA factors during embryonic heart developmentJae Sun Park
Division of Intractable Diseases, Center for Biomedical Sciences, Korea National Institute of Health, Seoul, Korea
Dev Dyn 238:1574-81. 2009..In addition, the vmhc promoter and the transgenic zebrafish (vmhc:gfp) are useful tools to study the formation and function of the ventricle. Developmental Dynamics 238:1574-1581, 2009. (c) 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Beta-arrestin1 regulates zebrafish hematopoiesis through binding to YY1 and relieving polycomb group repressionRui Yue
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai 200031, China
Cell 139:535-46. 2009..Taken together, this study demonstrated a critical role of beta-arrestin1 during zebrafish primitive hematopoiesis, as well as an important regulator of PcG proteins and cdx4-hox pathway...
- The tbx/bHLH transcription factor mga regulates gata4 and organogenesisAmir Rikin
Department of Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Dev Dyn 239:535-47. 2010..Transcript profiling experiments show that mga functions early to influence key regulators of mesendoderm, including tbx6, cas, and sox17...
- The PAF1 complex component Leo1 is essential for cardiac and neural crest development in zebrafishCatherine T Nguyen
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Dev Biol 341:167-75. 2010..Taken together, these results provide the first genetic evidence of the requirement for Leo1 in the development of the heart and neural crest cell populations...
- Hand2 ensures an appropriate environment for cardiac fusion by limiting Fibronectin functionZayra V Garavito-Aguilar
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Development 137:3215-20. 2010..Together, our data provide a novel example of a tissue creating a favorable environment for its morphogenesis: the Hand2 pathway establishes an appropriate environment for cardiac fusion through negative modulation of Fn1 levels...
- Interactions between Cdx genes and retinoic acid modulate early cardiogenesisClaudia Lengerke
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Tuebingen Medical Center II, Tuebingen, Germany
Dev Biol 354:134-42. 2011..Together, our data suggest that cdx proteins affect cardiogenesis by regulating the formation of cardiogenic mesoderm and together with the RA pathway control the early development of cardiac precursor cells...
- Mef2cb regulates late myocardial cell addition from a second heart field-like population of progenitors in zebrafishSavo Lazic
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Biol 354:123-33. 2011..Further, as congenital heart disease is often associated with defects in second heart field development, the embryological and genetic advantages of the zebrafish model can be applied to study the vertebrate second heart field...
- Hadp1, a newly identified pleckstrin homology domain protein, is required for cardiac contractility in zebrafishJoshua D Wythe
Department of Oncological Sciences and Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Dis Model Mech 4:607-21. 2011....
- Zebrafish mll gene is essential for hematopoiesisXiaoyang Wan
Key Laboratory of Aquatic Biodiversity and Conservation, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan 430072, China
J Biol Chem 286:33345-57. 2011..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that zebrafish mll plays essential roles in hematopoiesis and that gadd45αa may serve as a potential downstream target for mediating the function of mll in hematopoiesis...
- Restraint of Fgf8 signaling by retinoic acid signaling is required for proper heart and forelimb formationMollie R Johnson Sorrell
Molecular Cardiovascular Biology Division and The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Dev Biol 358:44-55. 2011....
- Vascular endothelial and endocardial progenitors differentiate as cardiomyocytes in the absence of Etsrp/Etv2 functionSharina Palencia-Desai
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Development 138:4721-32. 2011....
- The molecular nature of zebrafish swirl: BMP2 function is essential during early dorsoventral patterningY Kishimoto
MPI für Entwicklungsbiologie, Tubingen, Germany
Development 124:4457-66. 1997..In addition zBMP2 has no maternal role in mesoderm induction. Our analysis shows that swirl/BMP2, unlike mouse BMP2 but like mouse BMP4, is required for early dorsoventral patterning of the zebrafish embryo...
- Role of IRS-2 in Diabetes and Beta Cell FunctionXueying Lin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Role of caderhins in the developing zebrafish CV systemBrian Bagatto; Fiscal Year: 2005..These strengths together will produce a truly original and significant study. ..