Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mcm5
Description: minichromosome maintenance complex component 5
Alias: wu:fb34a06, DNA replication licensing factor MCM5, MCM5 minichromosome maintenance deficient 5
- Minichromosome maintenance proteins as markers for proliferation zones during embryogenesisSoojin Ryu
Developmental Biology, Institute Biology 1, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Cell Cycle 5:1140-2. 2006....
- Large-scale live imaging of adult neural stem cells in their endogenous nicheNicolas Dray
Paris Saclay Institute for Neuroscience, CNRS UMR9197 Université Paris Sud, Team Zebrafish Neurogenetics, Avenue de la Terrasse, Building 5, Gif sur Yvette F 91198, France
Development 142:3592-600. 2015..This methodology enables us to describe the frequency, distribution and modes of aNSCs divisions across the entire germinal zone of the adult pallium, and to highlight regional differences in these parameters. ..
- ZDHHC16 modulates FGF/ERK dependent proliferation of neural stem/progenitor cells in the zebrafish telencephalonWei Shi
Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Experimental Teratology Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Mental Disorders, Department of Histology and Embryology, Shandong University School of Medicine, No 44, Wenhua Xi Road, Jinan, Shandong, 250012, PR China
Dev Neurobiol 76:1014-28. 2016..2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Develop Neurobiol 76: 1014-1028, 2016. ..
- A Nuclear Role for miR-9 and Argonaute Proteins in Balancing Quiescent and Activated Neural Stem Cell StatesShauna Katz
Zebrafish Neurogenetics Group, Paris Saclay Institute of Neuroscience Neuro PSI, UMR 9197, CNRS University Paris Sud, Avenue de la Terrasse, 91190 Gif sur Yvette, France
Cell Rep 17:1383-1398. 2016..We propose a conserved non-canonical role for nuclear miR-9/Agos in controlling the balance between NSC quiescence and activation, a key step in maintaining adult germinal pools...
- Notch3 signaling gates cell cycle entry and limits neural stem cell amplification in the adult palliumAlessandro Alunni
Institute of Neurobiology A Fessard, Laboratory of Neurobiology and Development, CNRS UPR3294, Team Zebrafish Neurogenetics, Avenue de la Terrasse, Building 5, F 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Development 140:3335-47. 2013..They implicate Notch3 at the top of this hierarchy to gate NSC activation and amplification, protecting the homeostasis of adult NSC reservoirs under physiological conditions. ..
- Mutations in ORC1, encoding the largest subunit of the origin recognition complex, cause microcephalic primordial dwarfism resembling Meier-Gorlin syndromeLouise S Bicknell
Medical Research Council MRC Human Genetics Unit HGU, Institute for Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Nat Genet 43:350-5. 2011..These findings establish a novel mechanism for the pathogenesis of microcephalic dwarfism and show a surprising but important developmental impact of impaired origin licensing...
- Specification of posterior hypothalamic neurons requires coordinated activities of Fezf2, Otp, Sim1a and Foxb1.2Andrea Wolf
Developmental Genetics of the Nervous System, Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Heidelberg, Germany
Development 140:1762-73. 2013....
- Depletion of minichromosome maintenance protein 5 in the zebrafish retina causes cell-cycle defect and apoptosisSoojin Ryu
Developmental Biology, Institute Biology 1, University of Freiburg, Hauptstrasse 1, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18467-72. 2005..Here, we present positional cloning of a zebrafish mcm5 mutation and characterization of its retina phenotype...
- Differential roles of transcriptional mediator complex subunits Crsp34/Med27, Crsp150/Med14 and Trap100/Med24 during zebrafish retinal developmentKatrin Durr
Department of Developmental Biology, Institute for Biology 1, University of Freiburg, Germany
Genetics 174:693-705. 2006....
- her5 expression reveals a pool of neural stem cells in the adult zebrafish midbrainPrisca Chapouton
Zebrafish Neurogenetics Junior Research Group, Institute of Virology, Technical University Munich, Trogerstrasse 4b, D 81675, Munich, Germany
Development 133:4293-303. 2006..In addition, the first transcription factor characteristic of this cell population, Her5, points to the E(Spl) as a promising family of candidate adult neural stem cell regulators...
- Distinct roles of Shh and Fgf signaling in regulating cell proliferation during zebrafish pectoral fin developmentSergey V Prykhozhij
Developmental Biology Unit, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Dev Biol 8:91. 2008..Sonic hedgehog (Shh) directs pattern formation along the anterior/posterior axis of the limb, whereas several Fgfs in combination direct pattern formation along the proximal/distal axis of the limb...
- NF-kappaB and Snail1a coordinate the cell cycle with gastrulationXiaolin Liu
Key Laboratory of Aquatic Organism Reproduction and Development, Ministry of Education, Key Laboratory of Aquatic Science of Chongqing, School of Life Science, Southwest University, Beibei, Chongqing, China
J Cell Biol 184:805-15. 2009..In effect, the cell cycle coordinates the delamination of mesendodermal cells through the transcription of Snail1a. Our results suggest a molecular mechanism by which NF-kappaB and Snail1a coordinate the cell cycle through gastrulation...
- Heterogeneity in progenitor cell subtypes in the ventricular zone of the zebrafish adult telencephalonMartin März
Institute for Toxicology and Genetics, Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe in the Helmholtz Association, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Postfach 3640, 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
Glia 58:870-88. 2010..of the adult zebrafish telencephalon (identified by expression of proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA), MCM5, or bromodeoxyuridine incorporation)...
- Nestin is essential for zebrafish brain and eye development through control of progenitor cell apoptosisHua Ling Chen
Institute of Cellular and System Medicine, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 5:e9318. 2010..Nestin is expressed in neural progenitor cells (NPC) of developing brain. Despite its wide use as an NPC marker, the function of nestin in embryo development is unclear...
- Notch activity levels control the balance between quiescence and recruitment of adult neural stem cellsPrisca Chapouton
Zebrafish Neurogenetics Department, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
J Neurosci 30:7961-74. 2010....