Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: jag1a
Description: jagged 1a
Alias: cb243, jag1, sb:cb243, serrateC, protein jagged-1a, jagged1
- Expression analysis of jagged genes in zebrafish embryosElisabetta Zecchin
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
Dev Dyn 233:638-45. 2005..The similarities of the expression patterns of jagged and delta genes in zebrafish suggest that the Jagged and Delta ligands are functionally redundant or required in specific combinations in many differentiation processes...
- Inhibition of Jagged-mediated Notch signaling disrupts zebrafish biliary development and generates multi-organ defects compatible with an Alagille syndrome phenocopyKristin Lorent
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6058, USA
Development 131:5753-66. 2004..These data confirm an evolutionarily conserved role for Notch signaling in vertebrate liver development, and support the zebrafish as a model system for diseases of the human biliary system...
- Jagged2a-notch signaling mediates cell fate choice in the zebrafish pronephric ductMing Ma
Laboratory of Developmental Signalling and Patterning, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS Genet 3:e18. 2007..Taken together, our findings add a new paradigm of Notch signaling in kidney development, namely, that Jagged2a-Notch signaling modulates cell fate choice in a nephric segment, the distal pronephric duct...
- Delta-Notch signalling controls commitment to a secretory fate in the zebrafish intestineCecile Crosnier
Vertebrate Development Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Development 132:1093-104. 2005..These findings demonstrate the central role of Notch signalling in the gut stem-cell system and establish the zebrafish as a model for study of the mechanisms controlling renewal of gut epithelium...
- The somite-secreted factor Maeg promotes zebrafish embryonic angiogenesisXin Wang
Co innovation Center of Neuroregeneration, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Nantong, China
Oncotarget 7:77749-77763. 2016..We conclude that Maeg acts as a positive regulator of angiogenic cell behavior and formation of functional vessels...
- JAG1 Loss-Of-Function Variations as a Novel Predisposing Event in the Pathogenesis of Congenital Thyroid DefectsTiziana de Filippis
Laboratorio di Ricerche Endocrino Metaboliche T d F, F M, P Po, L P, Istituto di Ricevero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS Istituto Auxologico Italiano, 20149 Milano, Italy Clinica Pediatrica De Marchi G N and Unità di Endocrinologia L F, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico Dipartimento di Fisiopatologia Medica e Chirurgica e dei Trapianti L F, Università degli Studi di Milano and Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e di Comunità L P, Universita di Milano, 20122 Milano, Italy Unità di Endocrinologia S C, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, 20097 San Donato Milanese, Milano, Italy Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche per la Salute S C, Universita degli Studi di Milano, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, 20097 San Donato Milanese, Milano, Italy Dipartimento di Pediatria R G, M M, IRCCS Giannina Gaslini, Universita di Genova, 16148 Genova, Italy Dipartimento di Pediatria M C V, G E, IRCCS Istituto San Raffaele, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, 20132 Milano, Italy Dipartimento di Scienze Cardiache, Vascolari e Toraciche R B, Universita di Padova, 35128 Padova, Italy Unità di Genetica Clinica ed Epidemiologica D F, CA 91766-1889
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 101:861-70. 2016..We previously reported that perturbations of the Notch pathway and knockdown of the ligand jagged1 cause a hypothyroid phenotype in the zebrafish...
- Testing multiple hypotheses through IMP weighted FDR based on a genetic functional network with application to a new zebrafish transcriptome studyJiang Gui
Department of Biomedical Data Science, Geisel School of Medicine, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH USA Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, 883 Rubin Bldg, HB7927, One Medical Center Dr, Lebanon, NH USA
BioData Min 8:17. 2015..We compared the mRNA expression for each group and found over 200 differentially expressed genes and several enriched pathways including defense response pathways, arsenic response pathways, and the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Egfl6 is involved in zebrafish notochord developmentXueqian Wang
Co innovation Center of Neuroregeneration, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Qixiu Road 19, 226001, Nantong, China
Fish Physiol Biochem 41:961-9. 2015..We found that inhibition of Notch signaling by DAPT efficiently rescued notochord developmental defect of Egfl6 deficiency embryos. ..
- Zebrafish reporter lines reveal in vivo signaling pathway activities involved in pancreatic cancerMarco Schiavone
Department of Biology, University of Padua, 35131 Padua, Italy
Dis Model Mech 7:883-94. 2014....
- Notch3 signaling gates cell cycle entry and limits neural stem cell amplification in the adult palliumAlessandro Alunni
Institute of Neurobiology A Fessard, Laboratory of Neurobiology and Development, CNRS UPR3294, Team Zebrafish Neurogenetics, Avenue de la Terrasse, Building 5, F 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Development 140:3335-47. 2013..They implicate Notch3 at the top of this hierarchy to gate NSC activation and amplification, protecting the homeostasis of adult NSC reservoirs under physiological conditions. ..
- Notch signaling controls generation of motor neurons in the lesioned spinal cord of adult zebrafishTatyana B Dias
Centre for Neuroregeneration, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 32:3245-52. 2012..This demonstrates that Notch is a negative signal for regenerative neurogenesis, and, importantly, that spinal motor neuron regeneration can be augmented in an adult vertebrate by inhibiting Notch signaling...
- Her4-positive population in the tectum opticum is proliferating neural precursors in the adult zebrafish brainSeung Hyun Jung
Department of Biology and GRAST, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
Mol Cells 33:627-32. 2012....
- Disruptions of global and JAGGED1-mediated notch signaling affect thyroid morphogenesis in the zebrafishPatrizia Porazzi
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e di Comunità, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Endocrinology 153:5645-58. 2012..cells revealing that TSH regulates the expression of several elements of the Notch pathway, including the ligand Jagged1. Because the Notch pathway is involved in cell-fate determination of several foregut-derived endocrine tissues, ..
- Mib-Jag1-Notch signalling regulates patterning and structural roles of the notochord by controlling cell-fate decisionsMai Yamamoto
Institute for Advanced Research, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Aichi 464 8602, Japan
Development 137:2527-37. 2010..We found that Mind bomb (Mib) ubiquitylates Jagged 1 (Jag1) and is essential in the signal-emitting cells for Jag1 to activate Notch signalling...
- DeltaA/DeltaD regulate multiple and temporally distinct phases of notch signaling during dopaminergic neurogenesis in zebrafishJulia Mahler
Developmental Biology, Institute Biology I, Faculty of Biology, University of Freiburg, and Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies, University of Freiburg, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Neurosci 30:16621-35. 2010..Rather, DeltaA/D limits the size of the sim1a- and otpa-expressing precursor pool from which dopaminergic neurons differentiate...
- Flt1 acts as a negative regulator of tip cell formation and branching morphogenesis in the zebrafish embryoJanna Krueger
Department of Angiogenesis and Cardiovascular Pathology, Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, D13125 Berlin, Germany
Development 138:2111-20. 2011..Thus, Flt1 acts in a Notch-dependent manner as a negative regulator of tip cell differentiation and branching. Flt1 distribution may be fine-tuned, involving interactions with the developing nervous system...
- Notch activity levels control the balance between quiescence and recruitment of adult neural stem cellsPrisca Chapouton
Zebrafish Neurogenetics Department, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
J Neurosci 30:7961-74. 2010....
- Role of delta-like-4/Notch in the formation and wiring of the lymphatic network in zebrafishIlse Geudens
Vesalius Research Center, VIB, Leuven, Belgium
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:1695-702. 2010..To study whether Notch signaling, which regulates cell fate decisions and vessel morphogenesis, controls lymphatic development...
- Jagged-Notch signaling ensures dorsal skeletal identity in the vertebrate faceElizabeth Zuniga
Eli and Edythe Broad Institute for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, Department of Cell and Neurobiology, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Development 137:1843-52. 2010..Conversely, misexpression of human jagged 1 (JAG1) represses ventral gene expression and dorsalizes the ventral hyoid and mandibular skeletons...
- Foxi3 transcription factors and Notch signaling control the formation of skin ionocytes from epidermal precursors of the zebrafish embryoMartina Janicke
Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology, Stuebeweg 51, D 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Dev Biol 307:258-71. 2007..A model for ionocyte versus keratinocyte development will be presented, postulating additional thus far unidentified pro-ionocyte factors...
- Jagged-mediated Notch signaling maintains proliferating neural progenitors and regulates cell diversity in the ventral spinal cordSang Yeob Yeo
Department of Genetic Engineering, Kyungpook National University, 1370 san Kyuk dong, Buk Gu, Daegu 702 701, Republic of Korea
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:5913-8. 2007....
- A positive regulatory loop between foxi3a and foxi3b is essential for specification and differentiation of zebrafish epidermal ionocytesChung Der Hsiao
Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 2:e302. 2007..However, the mechanism controlling epidermal ionocyte specification and differentiation remains unknown...
- Transcriptional profiling of caudal fin regeneration in zebrafishMichael Schebesta
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Cardiology, Harvard Medical School, 320 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 6:38-54. 2006..Taken together, we provide a comprehensive database of fin regeneration that will serve as an important tool for understanding the molecular mechanisms of regeneration...