Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: irbp
Description: interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein
Alias: retinol-binding protein 3, irbp gene 2
- Zebra fish Dnmt1 and Suv39h1 regulate organ-specific terminal differentiation during developmentKunal Rai
Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:7077-85. 2006..Our results suggest that Dnmt1 activity helps direct histone methylation by Suv39h1 and that, together, Dnmt1 and Suv39h1 help guide the terminal differentiation of particular tissues...
- Coordination between production and turnover of interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein in zebrafishL L Cunningham
Graduate Program in Neuroscience, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:3590-9. 2000Interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein (IRBP), which is secreted by the photoreceptors of most vertebrates, is the major soluble protein component of the interphotoreceptor matrix (IPM)...
- Developmental stage-specific regulation of the circadian clock by temperature in zebrafishKajori Lahiri
Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Hermann von Helmholtz Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein Leopoldshafen, Germany Institute of Functional Interfaces, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Hermann von Helmholtz Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein Leopoldshafen, Germany
Biomed Res Int 2014:930308. 2014..Furthermore, we show that following the 5-9 somite stage, the expression of zfper1b is regulated by acute temperature shifts...
- Zebrafish Lbh-like Is Required for Otx2-mediated Photoreceptor DifferentiationWen Hua Li
1 State Key Laboratory of Freshwater Ecology and Biotechnology, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2 Graduate University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan 430072, China
Int J Biol Sci 11:688-700. 2015..specifically inhibits expression of multiple photoreceptor-specific genes, such as opsins, gnat1, gnat2 and irbp. Interestingly, otx2 expression in the morphants is not significantly reduced until 32 hpf when lbh-like begins to ..
- Structure of zebrafish IRBP reveals fatty acid bindingDebashis Ghosh
Department of Pharmacology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA Electronic address
Exp Eye Res 140:149-58. 2015Interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein (IRBP) has a remarkable role in targeting and protecting all-trans and 11-cis retinol, and 11-cis retinal during the rod and cone visual cycles...
- Fold conservation and proteolysis in zebrafish IRBP structure: Clues to possible enzymatic function?Debashis Ghosh
Department of Pharmacology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA Electronic address
Exp Eye Res 147:78-84. 2016Multiple functions for Interphotoreceptor Retinoid-Binding Protein (IRBP) may explain its localization in the retina, vitreous and pineal gland and association with retinitis pigmentosa and myopia...
- Zebrafish cone-rod (crx) homeobox gene promotes retinogenesisYu chi Shen
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0616, USA
Dev Biol 269:237-51. 2004..These results suggest novel functions for zebrafish crx during retinal specification and differentiation...
- Dual roles for adenomatous polyposis coli in regulating retinoic acid biosynthesis and Wnt during ocular developmentLincoln D Nadauld
Department of Oncological Sciences and Medicinal Chemistry and Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:13409-14. 2006....
- Differential expression of photoreceptor-specific genes in the retina of a zebrafish cadherin2 mutant glass onion and zebrafish cadherin4 morphantsQ Liu
Department of Biology, University of Akron, 302 Buchtel Common, Akron, OH 44325, USA
Exp Eye Res 84:163-75. 2007..photoreceptors, we have analyzed expression patterns of several photoreceptor-specific genes (crx, gnat1, gnat2, irbp, otx5, rod opsin, rx1, and uv opsin) and/or a cone photoreceptor marker (zpr-1) in the retina of a zebrafish ..
- Interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein gene structure in tetrapods and teleost fishJohn M Nickerson
Ophthalmology Department, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Vis 12:1565-85. 2006The interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein (IRBP) gene possesses an unusual structure, encoding multiple Repeats, each consisting of about 300 amino acids...
- Dnmt3 and G9a cooperate for tissue-specific development in zebrafishKunal Rai
Department of Oncological Sciences, oward Hughes Medical Institute, and Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
J Biol Chem 285:4110-21. 2010..We propose a model wherein specific DNMT-histone methyltransferase networks are utilized to silence critical regulators of cell fate in a tissue-specific manner...
- Genoplasty in Ocular Gene TherapyJOHN NICKERSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..