Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: id2a
Description: inhibitor of DNA binding 2, dominant negative helix-loop-helix protein, a
Alias: cb321, id2, wu:fa04e03, DNA-binding protein inhibitor ID-2
- Id2a influences neuron and glia formation in the zebrafish retina by modulating retinoblast cell cycle kineticsRosa A Uribe
Section of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78722, USA
Development 137:3763-74. 2010..Using loss-of-function and overexpression assays in zebrafish, we demonstrate that Id2a levels modulate retinoblast cell cycle kinetics and thereby influence neuron and glia formation in the retina...
- Zebrafish id2 developmental expression pattern contains evolutionary conserved and species-specific characteristicsShang Wei Chong
Laboratory of Fish Developmental Biology, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore
Dev Dyn 234:1055-63. 2005..We isolated zebrafish id2, and its expression during development was characterized...
- Histological and Transcriptomic Changes in Male Zebrafish Testes Due to Early Life Exposure to Low Level 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-DioxinBridget B Baker
1 Fisheries Management, Fish, Wildlife, and Parks Division, Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Madison, Wisconsin
Zebrafish 13:413-23. 2016..These data will inform future investigations to elucidate the mechanism of adult-onset and transgenerational infertility due to TCDD exposure in zebrafish. ..
- Four and a Half LIM Domains 1b (Fhl1b) Is Essential for Regulating the Liver versus Pancreas Fate Decision and for β-Cell RegenerationJin Xu
School of Biology and the Parker H Petit Institute for Bioengineering and Bioscience, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS Genet 12:e1005831. 2016..Altogether, these data reveal novel and critical functions of Fhl1b in the hepatic versus pancreatic fate decision and in β-cell regeneration. ..
- Progenitor potential of nkx6.1-expressing cells throughout zebrafish life and during beta cell regenerationAurélie P Ghaye
Laboratory of Zebrafish Development and Disease Models ZDDM, GIGA Research, Sart Tilman University of Liège, Avenue de l Hopital 1, B34, 4000, Liege, Belgium
BMC Biol 13:70. 2015..To identify the pancreatic cells able to give rise to new beta cells in the zebrafish, we generated new transgenic lines allowing the tracing of multipotent pancreatic progenitors and endocrine precursors...
- Bone morphogenetic protein signaling promotes morphogenesis of blood vessels, wound epidermis, and actinotrichia during fin regeneration in zebrafishValentine Thorimbert
Department of Biology, University of Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland and Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle École Normale Supérieure de Lyon, Lyon, France
FASEB J 29:4299-312. 2015..we analyzed the expression of the evolutionarily conserved direct phospho-Smad1 target gene, id1, and its homologs id2a and id3...
- Differential expression of id genes and their potential regulator znf238 in zebrafish adult neural progenitor cells and neurons suggests distinct functions in adult neurogenesisNicolas Diotel
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Campus Nord, Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Karlsruhe, Germany INSERM, UMR 1188 Diabète athérothrombose Thérapies Réunion Océan Indien DéTROI, Plateforme CYROI, Sainte Clotilde, F 97490, France Université de La Réunion, UMR 1188, Sainte Clotilde, F 97490, France Electronic address
Gene Expr Patterns 19:1-13. 2015..We show that while id1 is exclusively expressed in ventricular cells in the whole brain, id2a, id3 and id4 genes are expressed in broader areas...
- Id2a is required for hepatic outgrowth during liver development in zebrafishMehwish Khaliq
Department of Developmental Biology, McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA Electronic address
Mech Dev 138:399-414. 2015..However, a functional role of Id2a in liver development has not yet been reported...
- Mecp2 regulates neural cell differentiation by suppressing the Id1 to Her2 axis in zebrafishHai Gao
Research Center for Pharmacology and Toxicology, Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, China Beijing Key Laboratory of Cardiometabolic Molecular Medicine and State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Peking University, Beijing, China
J Cell Sci 128:2340-50. 2015....
- Id2a functions to limit Notch pathway activity and thereby influence the transition from proliferation to differentiation of retinoblasts during zebrafish retinogenesisRosa A Uribe
Section of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Dev Biol 371:280-92. 2012..We recently uncovered a cell non-autonomous role for the intrinsic HLH factor, Id2a, in regulating retinoblast proliferation and differentiation, with Id2a-deficient retinae containing an abundance ..
- Midkine-A functions upstream of Id2a to regulate cell cycle kinetics in the developing vertebrate retinaJing Luo
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Michigan, W, K, Kellogg Eye Center, 1000 Wall Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 0714, USA
Neural Dev 7:33. 2012..In this study, loss-of-function and conditional overexpression were used to investigate the function of Mdka in the retina of the embryonic zebrafish...
- Bmps and id2a act upstream of Twist1 to restrict ectomesenchyme potential of the cranial neural crestAnkita Das
Broad CIRM Center, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002710. 2012..We also show that Id2a restricts Twist1 activity to the ectomesenchyme lineage, with Bmp activity preferentially inducing id2a expression ..
- Lhx2 and Lhx9 determine neuronal differentiation and compartition in the caudal forebrain by regulating Wnt signalingDaniela Peukert
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Karlsruhe, Germany
PLoS Biol 9:e1001218. 2011..We therefore suggest that after initial neural tube patterning, neurogenesis within a brain compartment influences the integrity of the neuronal progenitor pool and border formation of a neuromeric compartment...
- Mutation in the type IB bone morphogenetic protein receptor Alk6b impairs germ-cell differentiation and causes germ-cell tumors in zebrafishJoanie C Neumann
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:13153-8. 2011..These results indicate a germ-cell-autonomous role for BMP signal transduction in germ-cell differentiation, and highlight the importance of the BMP pathway in human GCTs...
- Discovery and assessment of conserved Pax6 target genes and enhancersPedro Coutinho
Medical Research Council MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Genome Res 21:1349-59. 2011..We have identified several novel direct targets, including some putative disease genes, among them Foxp2; these will allow further dissection of Pax6 function in development and disease...
- Distinct signalling pathways regulate sprouting angiogenesis from the dorsal aorta and the axial veinDavid M Wiley
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Nat Cell Biol 13:686-92. 2011....
- Differential expression and regulation of olig genes in zebrafishNatascia Tiso
Department of Biology, University of Padova, I 35131 Padova, Italy
J Comp Neurol 515:378-96. 2009..Our findings suggest a role for olig genes in CNS patterning as well as in multiple cell fate decisions during neural differentiation...