Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: foxa2
Description: forkhead box A2
Alias: HNF-3B, axl, fkd1, ik:tdsubc_2g8, tdsubc_2g8, wu:fe05g04, xx:tdsubc_2g8, forkhead box protein A2, axial protein, etID309811.17, hnf3b, mol, monorail
Publications122 found, 100 shown here
- Fast1 is required for the development of dorsal axial structures in zebrafishH I Sirotkin
Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Beckman Center B300, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Curr Biol 10:1051-4. 2000..These results show that fast1 is required for development of dorsal axial structures and left-right asymmetry, and suggest that Nodal signals act through Fast1-dependent and independent pathways...
- Targeted inhibition of miRNA maturation with morpholinos reveals a role for miR-375 in pancreatic islet developmentWigard P Kloosterman
Hubrecht Laboratory KNAW, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS Biol 5:e203. 2007..The miRNA knockdown strategy presented here will be widely used to unravel miRNA function in zebrafish...
- The spinster homolog, two of hearts, is required for sphingosine 1-phosphate signaling in zebrafishNick Osborne
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Programs in Developmental Biology, Genetics and Human Genetics, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, 1550 Fourth Street, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Curr Biol 18:1882-8. 2008..Through gain- and loss-of-function analyses, we show that toh is required for signaling by S1P(2). Further evidence indicates that Toh is involved in the trafficking or cellular release of S1P...
- Zebrafish bashful/laminin-alpha 1 mutants exhibit multiple axon guidance defectsJeremiah D Paulus
Department of Zoology, Cell and Molecular Biology Training Program, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Dev Dyn 235:213-24. 2006..In contrast to CNS axons, most peripheral axons appear normal in bal mutants. Our results, thus, reveal important and diverse functions for laminin-alpha1 in guiding developing axons in vivo...
- Expression of zebrafish nk2.2 is influenced by sonic hedgehog/vertebrate hedgehog-1 and demarcates a zone of neuronal differentiation in the embryonic forebrainK A Barth
Developmental Biology Research Centre, Randall Institute, King s College London, UK
Development 121:1755-68. 1995..2 expression. Together, these results suggest a requirement of shh/vhh-1 protein for the spatial regulation of nk2.2 expression...
- A functionally conserved homolog of the Drosophila segment polarity gene hh is expressed in tissues with polarizing activity in zebrafish embryosS Krauss
Molecular Embryology Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Oxford, England
Cell 75:1431-44. 1993..By expressing shh in transgenic Drosophila embryos, we also demonstrate a strong functional conservation between the fish and fly hh genes...
- Expression of a type II collagen gene in the zebrafish embryonic axisY L Yan
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403, USA
Dev Dyn 203:363-76. 1995....
- Mutations affecting cell fates and cellular rearrangements during gastrulation in zebrafishL Solnica-Krezel
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Development 123:67-80. 1996..These mutations provide an approach to understanding the genetic control of gastrulation in vertebrates...
- The EGF-CFC protein one-eyed pinhead is essential for nodal signalingK Gritsman
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Cell 97:121-32. 1999..Expression of the murine EGF-CFC gene cripto rescues oep mutants. These results suggest a conserved role for EGF-CFC proteins as essential extracellular cofactors for Nodal signaling during vertebrate development...
- A molecular pathway leading to endoderm formation in zebrafishJ Alexander
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Programs in Developmental Biology and Human Genetics, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0448, USA
Curr Biol 9:1147-57. 1999....
- casanova plays an early and essential role in endoderm formation in zebrafishJ Alexander
Programs in Developmental Biology and Human Genetics, Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0448, USA
Dev Biol 215:343-57. 1999....
- Unified nomenclature for the winged helix/forkhead transcription factorsK H Kaestner
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Genes Dev 14:142-6. 2000
- Molecular integration of casanova in the Nodal signalling pathway controlling endoderm formationTazu O Aoki
U 368 INSERM, Ecole Normale Superieure, 46, rue d Ulm, F 75230 Paris cedex 05, France
Development 129:275-86. 2002..In addition, casanova efficiently restores later endodermal differentiation in these mutants, but this process requires, in addition, a partial activation of Nodal signalling...
- Mixer/Bon and FoxH1/Sur have overlapping and divergent roles in Nodal signaling and mesendoderm inductionPrabhat S Kunwar
Developmental Genetics Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 130:5589-99. 2003....
- Zebrafish pou5f1/pou2, homolog of mammalian Oct4, functions in the endoderm specification cascadeKaren Lunde
Developmental Biology, Institute Biology 1, University of Freiburg, Hauptstrasse 1, D 79104, Freiburg, Germany
Curr Biol 14:48-55. 2004..We propose that pou5f1 plays an activating role in zebrafish endodermal development, where it maintains sox32 expression during gastrulation and acts with sox32 to induce sox17 expression in endodermal precursor cells...
- Fibronectin regulates epithelial organization during myocardial migration in zebrafishL A Trinh
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Programs in Developmental Biology, Genetics and Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Dev Cell 6:371-82. 2004..These data suggest that myocardial migration is dependent on epithelial integrity...
- Zinc transporter LIVI controls epithelial-mesenchymal transition in zebrafish gastrula organizerSusumu Yamashita
Laboratory of Developmental Immunology, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nature 429:298-302. 2004..Furthermore, we demonstrate that LIV1 is essential for the nuclear localization of zinc-finger protein Snail, a master regulator of EMT. These results establish a molecular link between STAT3, LIV1 and Snail in EMT...
- Zebrafish Gli3 functions as both an activator and a repressor in Hedgehog signalingOksana V Tyurina
Department of Biology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003 9297, USA
Dev Biol 277:537-56. 2005..These results reveal a conserved role for Gli3 in vertebrate development and uncover novel regional functions and regulatory interactions among gli genes...
- Monorail/Foxa2 regulates floorplate differentiation and specification of oligodendrocytes, serotonergic raphé neurones and cranial motoneuronesWill H Norton
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, UCL, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Development 132:645-58. 2005..Through cloning of monorail (mol), which we find encodes the transcription factor Foxa2, and phenotypic analysis of mol-/- embryos, we show ..
- Genetic locus half baked is necessary for morphogenesis of the ectodermKaren N McFarland
University of Virginia Health Systems, Department of Pathology, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Dev Dyn 233:390-406. 2005....
- Eomesodermin is a localized maternal determinant required for endoderm induction in zebrafishChristopher R R Bjornson
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7350, USA
Dev Cell 9:523-33. 2005..Direct physical interactions between Eomes, Bon, and Gata5 suggest that Eomes promotes endoderm induction in marginal blastomeres by facilitating the assembly of a transcriptional activating complex on the cas promoter...
- Contribution of mGluR and Fmr1 functional pathways to neurite morphogenesis, craniofacial development and fragile X syndromeBen Tucker
ARC Special Research Center for the Molecular Genetics of Development and Discipline of Genetics, School of Molecular and Biomedical Science, The University of Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 15:3446-58. 2006..These abnormalities may be related to a role for fmr1 in neural crest cell specification and possibly in migration...
- An early requirement for maternal FoxH1 during zebrafish gastrulationWuhong Pei
Medical Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Building 35, Room 1B 205, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Dev Biol 310:10-22. 2007..Our studies thus point to an essential role for maternal FoxH1 and downstream keratins during gastrulation that is epistatic to Nodal signaling...
- Multiple roles for Med12 in vertebrate endoderm developmentChong Hyun Shin
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Liver Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Dev Biol 317:467-79. 2008....
- The POU domain protein spg (pou2/Oct4) is essential for endoderm formation in cooperation with the HMG domain protein casanovaGerlinde Reim
MPI of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, and Department of Genetics, TU Dresden, Pfotenhauerstrasse 108, D 01309 Dresden, Germany
Dev Cell 6:91-101. 2004..The joint control of endoderm formation by spg and cas suggests that the endodermal germlayer may be a tissue unit with distinct genetic control, thus adding genetic support to the germlayer concept in metazoan development...
- Endoderm development in vertebrates: fate mapping, induction and regional specificationKimiko Fukuda
Department of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 1 1 Minamiohsawa, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0397, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 47:343-55. 2005..We discuss the classical fate mapping of the endoderm and the more recent progress in characterizing its induction, segregation and regional specification...
- Wnt5 signaling in vertebrate pancreas developmentHyon J Kim
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
BMC Biol 3:23. 2005..Signaling by the Wnt family of secreted glycoproteins through their receptors, the frizzled (Fz) family of seven-pass transmembrane proteins, is critical for numerous cell fate and tissue polarity decisions during development...
- Genetic analysis of early endocrine pancreas formation in zebrafishHyon J Kim
Department of Molecular Cellular and Developmental Biology University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:194-203. 2006..Further study on these mutants will reveal important information on novel genes involved in pancreatic islet cell specification and morphogenesis...
- Direct action of the nodal-related signal cyclops in induction of sonic hedgehog in the ventral midline of the CNSF Muller
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, BP 163, CU de Strasbourg, France
Development 127:3889-97. 2000..Based on the differential responsiveness of shh and other neural tube specific genes to Hedgehog and Cyc signalling, a two-step model for the establishment of the ventral midline of the CNS is proposed...
- The early embryonic zebrafish forebrain is subdivided into molecularly distinct transverse and longitudinal domainsGiselbert Hauptmann
Biozentrum der Universitat Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Brain Res Bull 57:371-5. 2002..Furthermore, we identified a series of eight transverse diencephalic domains which may indicate a prosomeric organization of the rostral zebrafish brain...
- Ectopic expression and knockdown of a zebrafish sox21 reveal its role as a transcriptional repressor in early developmentFrancesco Argenton
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Padova, Padua, Italy
Mech Dev 121:131-42. 2004....
- A subunit of the mediator complex regulates vertebrate neuronal developmentXiaoqun Wang
Program in Genetics, Neuroscience, and Developmental Biology, Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, and Center for Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:17284-9. 2006..Together, our analyses reveal a regulatory role of Mot/Med12 in vertebrate neuronal development...
- The transcriptional repressor REST/NRSF modulates hedgehog signalingKeith P Gates
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Dev Biol 340:293-305. 2010..The role of Rest as a regulator of Hh signaling has broad implications for many developmental contexts where REST and Hh signaling act...
- Nodal-dependent mesendoderm specification requires the combinatorial activities of FoxH1 and EomesoderminChristopher E Slagle
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002072. 2011..Our findings also offer novel insights into the co-evolution of the Nodal signaling pathway, the notochord specification program, and the chordate branch of the deuterostome family of animals...
- The interaction of epithelial Ihha and mesenchymal Fgf10 in zebrafish esophageal and swimbladder developmentSvitlana Korzh
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore
Dev Biol 359:262-76. 2011..These findings contribute to the understanding of epithelial-mesenchymal interactions and highlight an interaction between Hh and Fgf signaling pathways during esophagus and swimbladder development...
- Conserved and non-conserved enhancers direct tissue specific transcription in ancient germ layer specific developmental control genesSumantra Chatterjee
Stem Cell and Developmental Biology, Genome Institute of Singapore, 60 Biopolis Street, 138672, Singapore
BMC Dev Biol 11:63. 2011..The pressing need is to integrate the tools of comparative genomics with knowledge of developmental biology to validate enhancers for developmental transcription factors in greater detail..
- Mesendoderm specification depends on the function of Pou2, the class V POU-type transcription factor, during zebrafish embryogenesisAlam Khan
Division of Life Science, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saitama University, Shimo okubo, Saitama City, Saitama, 338 8570, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 54:686-701. 2012..Our findings suggest that Pou2 functions in multiple aspects of vertebrate development, especially in the binary decision of the mesendoderm to mesoderm and endoderm in different ways depending on the developmental stage...
- Valproic acid silencing of ascl1b/Ascl1 results in the failure of serotonergic differentiation in a zebrafish model of fetal valproate syndromeJohn Jacob
Division of Developmental Biology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London, NW7 1AA, UK
Dis Model Mech 7:107-17. 2014..Together, these data provide a molecular explanation for serotonergic defects in FVS and highlight an epigenetic mechanism for genome-environment interaction in disease. ..
- Atrophin-Rpd3 complex represses Hedgehog signaling by acting as a corepressor of CiRZhao Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Cell Biol 203:575-83. 2013..Furthermore, Rerea, a homologue of Atro in zebrafish, repressed the expression of Hh-responsive genes. We propose that the Atro-Rpd3 complex plays a conserved role to function as a Ci(R) corepressor. ..
- Snail modulates the assembly of fibronectin via α5 integrin for myocardial migration in zebrafish embryosLiangjun Qiao
1 Laboratory of Stem Cell Biology, Center for Medical Stem Cell Biology, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, 610041, China 2
Sci Rep 4:4470. 2014..The results provide the molecular mechanism how Snail controls the morphogenesis of heart during embryonic development. ..
- Expression of a lung developmental cassette in the adult and developing zebrafish swimbladderAmanda N Cass
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 14853, USA
Evol Dev 15:119-32. 2013..This study demonstrates that a suite of genes (Nkx2.1, FoxA2, Wnt7b, GATA6), previously reported to be co-expressed only in the tetrapod lung, is also co-expressed in the ..
- Detection and signal amplification in zebrafish RNA FISHGiselbert Hauptmann
Department of Molecular Biosciences, The Wenner Gren Institute, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden Electronic address
Methods 98:50-9. 2016..The protocols take advantage of optimized tyramide signal amplification (TSA) conditions of the PO assay and long-lasting high signal-to-noise ratio of the AP reaction, thereby enabling detection of less abundant transcripts. ..
- Directed Differentiation of Zebrafish Pluripotent Embryonic Cells to Functional CardiomyocytesYao Xiao
Department of Genetics, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, P R China
Stem Cell Reports 7:370-82. 2016..The technology provides a new platform for the study of heart development and regeneration, in addition to drug discovery, disease modeling, and assessment of cardiotoxic agents. ..
- Jak1 kinase is required for cell migrations and anterior specification in zebrafish embryosG Conway
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:3082-7. 1997..This work establishes that, in addition to its role in signal transduction of cytokines in adult tissues, Jak1 kinase has a role in early vertebrate development...
- Expression and regulation of a netrin homologue in the zebrafish embryoU Strahle
IGBMC, CNRS INSERM ULP, Illkirch, France
Mech Dev 62:147-60. 1997..This also suggests that these ectopically expressing regions have not differentiated into floor plate...
- Axial (HNF3beta) and retinoic acid receptors are regulators of the zebrafish sonic hedgehog promoterB E Chang
IGBMC, CNRS INSERM ULP, BP 163, Illkirch, France
EMBO J 16:3955-64. 1997..Our results suggest that both Axial (HNF3beta) and retinoic acid receptors are direct regulators of the sonic hedgehog gene...
- Regulatory gene expression patterns reveal transverse and longitudinal subdivisions of the embryonic zebrafish forebrainG Hauptmann
Biozentrum der Universitat Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 70, CH 4056, Basel, Switzerland
Mech Dev 91:105-18. 2000..Our data suggest a strong conservation of early forebrain organization between lower and higher vertebrates...
- Requirement for endoderm and FGF3 in ventral head skeleton formationNicolas B David
U 368 INSERM, Ecole Normale Superieure, 46 rue d Ulm, F 75230 Paris cedex 05, France
Development 129:4457-68. 2002..Together, our results reveal for the first time that the endoderm provides differential cues along the anteroposterior axis to control ventral head skeleton development and demonstrate that this function is mediated in part by Fgf3...
- Specification of primordial germ cells in medaka (Oryzias latipes)Amaury Herpin
Department of Physiological Chemistry I, University of Wuerzburg, Biozentrum, Am Hubland, D 97074 Wuerzburg, Germany
BMC Dev Biol 7:3. 2007....
- FoxA transcription factors are essential for the development of dorsal axial structuresSophie Dal-Pra
Department of Cell Biology, University of Virginia, Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Dev Biol 350:484-95. 2011..In agreement with this hypothesis, we found that simultaneous knockdown of FoxA2 and FoxA3 abolish the formation of all axial derivatives, while overexpression of these transcription factors ..
- Fast homozygosity mapping and identification of a zebrafish ENU-induced mutation by whole-genome sequencingMarianne L Voz
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire et de Génie Génétique, Universite de Liege, Sart Tilman, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e34671. 2012..In conclusion, this study constitutes a proof-of-concept that whole-genome sequencing is a fast and effective alternative to the classical positional cloning strategies in zebrafish...
- Disruptions of global and JAGGED1-mediated notch signaling affect thyroid morphogenesis in the zebrafishPatrizia Porazzi
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e di Comunità, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Endocrinology 153:5645-58. 2012..Thus, genetic alterations affecting the Notch pathway may confer susceptibility for thyroid dysgenesis...
- Functional redundancy between Cdc14 phosphatases in zebrafish ciliogenesisAurélie Clément
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Dev Dyn 241:1911-21. 2012..However, the question of whether CDC14 paralogs can functionally compensate for each other has yet to be addressed...
- Protein kinase A is a common negative regulator of Hedgehog signaling in the vertebrate embryoM Hammerschmidt
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Biolabs, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Genes Dev 10:647-58. 1996..These results, together with epistasis studies on the block of ectopic Hh signaling by PKA*, indicate that PKA acts in target cells as a common negative regulator of Hedgehog signaling...
- Active complex formation of type I and type II activin and TGF beta receptors in vivo as studied by overexpression in zebrafish embryosC J de Vries
Hubrecht Laboratory, Netherlands Institute for Developmental Biology, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mech Dev 54:225-36. 1996..Overexpression of TGF beta R-I with ActR-IIA or ActR IIB4 results in a synergistic increase in frequency of abnormal embryos, whereas in combination with ActR-IIB2 no such increase occurs...
- Complex expression of the zp-50 pou gene in the embryonic zebrafish brain is altered by overexpression of sonic hedgehogG Hauptmann
Biozentrum der Universitat Basel, Abteilung Zellbiologie, Switzerland
Development 122:1769-80. 1996....
- Secondary axis induction by heterospecific organizers in zebrafishK Hatta
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene 97403 1254, USA
Dev Dyn 205:183-95. 1996..Additionally, the activities of the organizer may involve a function of Wnt-family genes...
- Genetic analysis of dorsoventral pattern formation in the zebrafish: requirement of a BMP-like ventralizing activity and its dorsal repressorM Hammerschmidt
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Genes Dev 10:2452-61. 1996..Together, these results provide genetic evidence in support of a mechanism of early dorsoventral patterning that is conserved among vertebrate and invertebrate embryos...
- Mutations affecting the formation of the notochord in the zebrafish, Danio rerioJ Odenthal
MPI für Entwicklungsbiologie, Tubingen, Germany
Development 123:103-15. 1996..In addition to the four mutants with defects in early notochord formation, we have isolated 84 mutants, defining at least 15 genes, with defects in later stages of notochord development. These are listed in an appendix to this study...
- An activated form of type I serine/threonine kinase receptor TARAM-A reveals a specific signalling pathway involved in fish head organiser formationA Renucci
U 368 INSERM, ENS, Paris
Development 122:3735-43. 1996..Our data suggest the existence in fish of a specific TGF-beta-related pathway for anterior dorsal mesoderm induction, possibly mediated by TARAM-A and activated at the late blastula stage by localized dorsal determinant...
- Inhibitory interactions controlling organizer activity in fishN Peyrieras
INSERM U 368 Ecole normale supérieure, Paris, France
C R Acad Sci III 319:1107-12. 1996..This paradox is taken as an evidence for suppressive effects exerted in a reciprocal manner when more than 1 organizing center is present...
- A role for DNA methylation in gastrulation and somite patterningC C Martin
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Loeb Health Research Institute, Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, 725 Parkdale Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Y 4E9, Canada
Dev Biol 206:189-205. 1999..When examined during gastrulation, 5-azaC-treated embryos have a shortened and thickened axial mesoderm. We propose that DNA methylation is required for normal gastrulation and subsequent patterning of the dorsal mesoderm...
- Mosaic analysis with oep mutant reveals a repressive interaction between floor-plate and non-floor-plate mutant cells in the zebrafish neural tubeM Shinya
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 41:135-42. 1999....
- Disruption of zebrafish somite development by pharmacologic inhibition of Hsp90Z Lele
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Saskatchewan, 107 Wiggins Road, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7N 5E5, Canada
Dev Biol 210:56-70. 1999..The data are consistent with there being a temporal and spatial requirement for Hsp90 function within somitic cells which is necessary for the formation of eng-2-expressing muscle pioneers and possibly other striated muscle fiber types...
- Developmental effects of ectopic expression of the glucocorticoid receptor DNA binding domain are alleviated by an amino acid substitution that interferes with homeodomain bindingJ M Wang
Department of Medicine, Microbiology, and Immunology, The Loeb Health Research Institute at the Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Y 4E9
Mol Cell Biol 19:7106-22. 1999..These results highlight the potential of DNA-independent effects of GR in a whole-animal model and suggest that at least some of these effects may result from direct interactions with homeodomain proteins...
- Zebrafish Dkk1 functions in forebrain specification and axial mesendoderm formationH Hashimoto
Division of Molecular Oncology, Biomedical Research Center, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Dev Biol 217:138-52. 2000..These data indicate that Dkk1, expressed in dorsal mesendoderm, functions in the formation of both the anterior nervous system and the axial mesendoderm in zebrafish...
- bozozok and squint act in parallel to specify dorsal mesoderm and anterior neuroectoderm in zebrafishH I Sirotkin
Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Beckman Center B300, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Development 127:2583-92. 2000..Our results support a model in which boz and sqt act in parallel to induce dorsalizing BMP-antagonists and to counteract the repressive function of cyc in neural patterning...
- A floor plate enhancer of the zebrafish netrin1 gene requires Cyclops (Nodal) signalling and the winged helix transcription factor FoxA2Sepand Rastegar
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM ULP, B P 10142, 67404, Illkirch Cedex, C U de Strasbourg, France
Dev Biol 252:1-14. 2002..The winged-helix transcription factor foxA2 (also HNF3beta, axial) is expressed in the notochord and floor plate...
- Notch signaling can regulate endoderm formation in zebrafishYutaka Kikuchi
Division of Biological Science, Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University, Furo cho, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Japan
Dev Dyn 229:756-62. 2004..of Notch signaling from an early stage leads to a reduction of endodermal cells, as assessed by sox17 and foxA2 expression...
- An essential role for Fgfs in endodermal pouch formation influences later craniofacial skeletal patterningJustin Gage Crump
Institute of Neuroscience, 1254 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403 1254, USA
Development 131:5703-16. 2004..Moreover, we argue that the Fgf-dependent morphogenesis of the pharyngeal endoderm into pouches is critical for the later patterning of pharyngeal cartilages...
- Inhibition of Wnt/Axin/beta-catenin pathway activity promotes ventral CNS midline tissue to adopt hypothalamic rather than floorplate identityMarika Kapsimali
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Development 131:5923-33. 2004....
- Hedgehog and retinoid signalling confines nkx2.2b expression to the lateral floor plate of the zebrafish trunkMatthias Schafer
Department of Physiological Chemistry I, Biocenter, University of Wurzburg, Am Hubland, 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
Mech Dev 122:43-56. 2005..In contrast to previously described zebrafish trunk LFP markers, like e.g. tal2 or foxa2, nkx2.2b is exclusively expressed in the LFP...
- Gata4 regulates the formation of multiple organsAudrey Holtzinger
Department of Developmental and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Development 132:4005-14. 2005..In addition, both Gata4 and Gata6 are essential and non-redundant for liver growth following initial budding...
- hecate, a zebrafish maternal effect gene, affects dorsal organizer induction and intracellular calcium transient frequencyJamie Lyman Gingerich
Laboratory of Genetics, 425 G Henry Mall, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Dev Biol 286:427-39. 2005....
- Scube2 mediates Hedgehog signalling in the zebrafish embryoGeorgina E Hollway
Muscle Development Laboratory, The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst 2010, Sydney, Australia
Dev Biol 294:104-18. 2006..In support of this model we show that scube2 has homology to cubilin, which encodes an endocytic receptor involved in protein trafficking suggesting a possible mode of function for Scube2 during HH signal transduction...
- A mutation in the zebrafish Na,K-ATPase subunit atp1a1a.1 provides genetic evidence that the sodium potassium pump contributes to left-right asymmetry downstream or in parallel to nodal flowElin Ellertsdottir
Developmental Biology, Institute Biology 1, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Dev Dyn 235:1794-808. 2006..Therefore, the Na,K-ATPase is required downstream or in parallel to monocilia function during initiation of left-right asymmetry in zebrafish...
- Inhibitor-resistant type I receptors reveal specific requirements for TGF-beta signaling in vivoDiana M Ho
Department of Developmental Biology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 295:730-42. 2006..The combination of the ALK inhibitor SB-431542 with inhibitor-resistant ALKs provides a powerful set of tools for examining nodal/activin signaling during embryogenesis...
- A role for N-cadherin in mesodermal morphogenesis during gastrulationRachel M Warga
Department of Biological Sciences, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI 49008, USA
Dev Biol 310:211-25. 2007..Hence, besides a well-established role in neural and somite morphogenesis, N-cadherin is essential for morphogenesis of the mesodermal germ layer during gastrulation...
- Midkine-b regulates cell specification at the neural plate border in zebrafishDaniel Liedtke
Department of Physiological Chemistry I, Biocenter, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Dev Dyn 237:62-74. 2008..Our results imply that Mdkb is required for the earliest steps of cell specification at the neural plate border in zebrafish...
- CNS-derived glia ensheath peripheral nerves and mediate motor root developmentSarah Kucenas
Department of Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37235, USA
Nat Neurosci 11:143-51. 2008..These insights reveal a new class of CNS-born glia that critically contributes to motor nerve development...
- MicroRNA-9 directs late organizer activity of the midbrain-hindbrain boundaryChristoph Leucht
Department of Zebrafish Neurogenetics, Institute of Developmental Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Nat Neurosci 11:641-8. 2008..Together, these findings highlight a previously unknown mechanism by which a single microRNA fine-tunes late MHB coherence via its co-regulation of patterning activities and neurogenesis...
- Transcriptional profiling of endogenous germ layer precursor cells identifies dusp4 as an essential gene in zebrafish endoderm specificationJamie L Brown
Medical Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:12337-42. 2008..This specific loss of sox17 establishes a new class of endoderm specification defect...
- Chemokine signaling controls endodermal migration during zebrafish gastrulationSreelaja Nair
Department of Developmental and Cell Biology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Science 322:89-92. 2008..This process may have relevance to human gastrointestinal bifurcations and other organ defects...
- odd skipped related1 reveals a novel role for endoderm in regulating kidney versus vascular cell fateSudha P Mudumana
Nephrology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 135:3355-67. 2008....
- Distinct functions of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling in KV development and cardiac asymmetryXueying Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Development 136:207-17. 2009..In summary, our results reveal a previously unexpected role of Wnt-Gata4 signaling in the control of asymmetric signal propagation from the LPM to the cardiac field...
- T-cell factor 4 (tcf7l2) is the main effector of Wnt signaling during zebrafish intestine organogenesisAna Faro
Hubrecht Institute for Developmental Biology and Stem Cell Research, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Zebrafish 6:59-68. 2009..This study reveals that Tcf4 (tcf7l2) is the major effector of Wnt signaling in the intestine during zebrafish organogenesis...
- Cyp26 enzymes function in endoderm to regulate pancreatic field sizeMary D Kinkel
Department of Organismal Biology and Anatomy and Committee on Developmental Biology, University of Chicago, 1027 East 57th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7864-9. 2009..Such feedback can maintain consistent levels of RA signaling, despite environmental fluctuations in RA concentration, thus ensuring a consistent size and location of the pancreatic field...
- The tbx/bHLH transcription factor mga regulates gata4 and organogenesisAmir Rikin
Department of Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Dev Dyn 239:535-47. 2010..Transcript profiling experiments show that mga functions early to influence key regulators of mesendoderm, including tbx6, cas, and sox17...
- Distinct Sonic Hedgehog signaling dynamics specify floor plate and ventral neuronal progenitors in the vertebrate neural tubeVanessa Ribes
Developmental Neurobiology, Medical Research Council National Institute for Medical Research, London NW71AA, United Kingdom
Genes Dev 24:1186-200. 2010..In addition, we provide evidence supporting a common scheme for FP specification by Shh signaling that reconciles mechanisms of FP development in teleosts and amniotes...
- Brother of cdo (umleitung) is cell-autonomously required for Hedgehog-mediated ventral CNS patterning in the zebrafishSadie A Bergeron
Department of Biology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Development 138:75-85. 2011..This study reveals a role for Boc in ventral CNS cells that receive high levels of Hh and uncovers previously unknown roles for Boc in vertebrate embryogenesis...
- Embryonic mesoderm and endoderm induction requires the actions of non-embryonic Nodal-related ligands and Mxtx2Sung Kook Hong
Medical Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 138:787-95. 2011..In summary, the induction of mesoderm and endoderm depends upon the combined actions of Mxtx2 and Nodal-related ligands from non-embryonic sources...
- Restriction of hepatic competence by Fgf signalingDonghun Shin
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Liver Center, Institute for Regeneration Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Development 138:1339-48. 2011..These data provide in vivo evidence that endodermal cells outside the liver-forming region retain hepatic competence and show that an extrinsic signal, Fgf10a, negatively regulates hepatic competence...
- The zebrafish transcriptome during early developmentLiselotte Vesterlund
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Dev Biol 11:30. 2011..In this study RNA-Seq is used to compare the transcription profiles of four early developmental stages in zebrafish (Danio rerio) on a global scale...
- Fgf signaling controls pharyngeal taste bud formation through miR-200 and Delta-Notch activityMarika Kapsimali
Ecole Normale Superieure, Institut de Biologie, 75005 Paris, France
Development 138:3473-84. 2011..Altogether, this study provides genetic evidence that supports a novel model where Fgf regulates Delta-Notch signaling, and subsequently miR-200 activity, in order to promote taste bud cell type differentiation...
- G protein-coupled receptor signaling and sphingosine-1-phosphate play a phylogenetically conserved role in endocrine pancreas morphogenesisIoannis Serafimidis
Developmental Biology Laboratory, Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens, Soranou Ephessiou 4, Athens 11527, Greece
Mol Cell Biol 31:4442-53. 2011..Finally, we identified sphingosine-1-phosphate (S1P) as a ligand mediating islet cell aggregation in both species acting through distinct but closely related receptors...
- Conversion of zebrafish blastomeres to an endodermal fate by TGF-beta-related signalingN Peyrieras
INSERM U368, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
Curr Biol 8:783-6. 1998....
- Two distinct cell populations in the floor plate of the zebrafish are induced by different pathwaysJ Odenthal
MPI für Entwicklungsbiologie, Spemannstrasse 35 III, Tubingen, 72076, Germany
Dev Biol 219:350-63. 2000..The number of primary motor neurons is strongly reduced in cyc;syu double mutants, while almost normal in single mutants, suggesting that the two different pathways have overlapping functions in the induction of primary motor neurons...
- One-eyed pinhead regulates cell motility independent of Squint/Cyclops signalingRachel M Warga
Department of Biology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627, USA
Dev Biol 261:391-411. 2003..We conclude that, in addition to a role in Nodal signaling, One-eyed pinhead is required for aspects of cell movement, possibly by regulating cell adhesion...
- dlx3b and dlx4b function in the development of Rohon-Beard sensory neurons and trigeminal placode in the zebrafish neurulaTakao Kaji
Department of Craniofacial Biology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Dev Biol 276:523-40. 2004..These data suggest that the contribution of dlx3b and dlx4b to neural plate border formation is partially non-cell-autonomous acting via BMP activity...
- Noncanonical Wnt signaling regulates midline convergence of organ primordia during zebrafish developmentTakaaki Matsui
Gene Expression Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Genes Dev 19:164-75. 2005..Overall, our results uncover a late, previously unexpected role of noncanonical Wnt signaling in the control of midline assembly of organ precursors during vertebrate embryo development...
- Polaris and Polycystin-2 in dorsal forerunner cells and Kupffer's vesicle are required for specification of the zebrafish left-right axisBrent W Bisgrove
Huntsman Cancer Institute Center for Children, Department of Oncological Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Dev Biol 287:274-88. 2005..Our data suggest that the functions of polaris and pkd2 in LR patterning are conserved between zebrafish and mice and that Kupffer's vesicle functions as a ciliated organ of asymmetry...
- Role of IRS-2 in Diabetes and Beta Cell FunctionXueying Lin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Role of cdx genes and RA in regionalizing the endodermMARY KINKEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, I will investigate the role of RA signaling in regulating Cdx genes utilizing loss-of-function approaches as well as treatment with exogenous RA. ..