Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: etv4
Description: ets variant 4
Alias: pea3, ETS translocation variant 4, ETS domain-containing transcription factor PEA3, etID309954.12, ets variant gene 4, polyomavirus enhancer activator 3 homolog
- Zebrafish pea3 and erm are general targets of FGF8 signalingH Roehl
Max Planck Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Spemannstrasse 35 III, D 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Curr Biol 11:503-7. 2001..Here, we propose that two zebrafish ETS genes, pea3 and erm, are general targets of FGF8 signaling, based upon the following observations: both genes are expressed ..
- Brachyury establishes the embryonic mesodermal progenitor nicheBenjamin L Martin
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Genes Dev 24:2778-83. 2010..Thus, the embryonic mesodermal progenitors uniquely establish their own niche--with Brachyury being essential for creating a domain of high Wnt and low RA signaling--rather than having a niche created by separate support cells...
- Wnt/β-catenin dependent cell proliferation underlies segmented lateral line morphogenesisAndy Aman
University of Utah Medical School, Dept of Neurobiology and Anatomy, MREB 401, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dev Biol 349:470-82. 2011..Therefore, by coordinating migration, prosensory organ formation and proliferation, localized activation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling in the leading zone of the primordium plays a crucial role in orchestrating lateral line morphogenesis...
- Fgf and Hh signalling act on a symmetrical pre-pattern to specify anterior and posterior identity in the zebrafish otic placode and vesicleKatherine L Hammond
MRC Centre for Developmental and Biomedical Genetics and Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
Development 138:3977-87. 2011..Each signalling pathway has instructive activity: neither acts simply to repress activity of the other, and, together, they appear to be key players in the specification of anteroposterior asymmetries in the zebrafish ear...
- Atoh1a expression must be restricted by Notch signaling for effective morphogenesis of the posterior lateral line primordium in zebrafishMiho Matsuda
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Section on Neural Developmental Dynamics, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 137:3477-87. 2010..Together, our observations reveal a genetic regulatory network that explains why atoh1a expression must be restricted by Notch signaling for effective morphogenesis of the pLLp...
- Lef1 is required for progenitor cell identity in the zebrafish lateral line primordiumHillary F McGraw
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Development 138:3921-30. 2011..These findings revealed a novel role for the Wnt signaling pathway during mechanosensory organ formation in zebrafish...
- Lef1-dependent Wnt/β-catenin signalling drives the proliferative engine that maintains tissue homeostasis during lateral line developmentLeonardo E Valdivia
FONDAP Center for Genome Regulation, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Chile, Casilla 653, Santiago, Chile
Development 138:3931-41. 2011..Our data support a model in which Lef1 sustains proliferation of leading zone progenitors, maintaining the primordium size and defining neuromast deposition rate...
- Fgf8 morphogen gradient forms by a source-sink mechanism with freely diffusing moleculesShuizi Rachel Yu
Developmental Genetics, Biotechnology Center, TUD, Tatzberg 47 49, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Nature 461:533-6. 2009..Our results demonstrate that a freely diffusing morphogen can set up concentration gradients in a complex multicellular tissue by a simple source-sink mechanism...
- Role of zebrafish lbx2 in embryonic lateral line developmentXiaowen Chen
Key Laboratory of Aquatic Biodiversity and Conservation of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, Hubei, China
PLoS ONE 6:e29515. 2011..Unlike their lbx counterparts in mammals, the function of teleost lbx genes beyond myogenesis during embryonic development remains unexplored...
- Crosstalk between Fgf and Wnt signaling in the zebrafish tailbudMichael J Stulberg
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, New Haven, CT, USA
Dev Biol 369:298-307. 2012....
- Development of hypothalamic serotoninergic neurons requires Fgf signalling via the ETS-domain transcription factor Etv5bAdriana Bosco
Zebrafish Neurogenetics Group, Laboratory of Neurobiology and Development, CNRS UPR3294, Institute of Neurobiology Albert Fessard, 1 Avenue de Terrasse, 91198 Gif sur Yvette, France
Development 140:372-84. 2013..Our results highlight a novel role for Etv5b in neuronal development and provide support for the existence of a developmental heterogeneity among 5-HT neurons in their requirement for ETS-domain transcription factors...
- Lef1 regulates Dusp6 to influence neuromast formation and spacing in the zebrafish posterior lateral line primordiumMiho Matsuda
Program in Genomics of Development, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Development 140:2387-97. 2013..This is associated with progressively slower PLLp migration, reduced spacing between deposited neuromasts and premature termination of the PLLp system...
- FGF signalling during embryo development regulates cilia length in diverse epitheliaJudith M Neugebauer
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah School of Medicine, Eccles Institute of Human Genetics, Building 533, Room 3160, 15 North 2030 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5330, USA
Nature 458:651-4. 2009..We propose that a subset of developmental defects and diseases ascribed to FGF signalling are due in part to loss of cilia function...
- Distinct roles of Shh and Fgf signaling in regulating cell proliferation during zebrafish pectoral fin developmentSergey V Prykhozhij
Developmental Biology Unit, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Dev Biol 8:91. 2008..Sonic hedgehog (Shh) directs pattern formation along the anterior/posterior axis of the limb, whereas several Fgfs in combination direct pattern formation along the proximal/distal axis of the limb...
- Tight transcriptional control of the ETS domain factors Erm and Pea3 by Fgf signaling during early zebrafish developmentF Raible
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Pfotenhauerstrasse 108, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Mech Dev 107:105-17. 2001..Here we study Erm and Pea3, two ETS domain transcription factors, and show that their expression correlates closely with the domains of fgf8 ..
- The zebrafish fgf24 mutant identifies an additional level of Fgf signaling involved in vertebrate forelimb initiationSabine Fischer
EMBL, Meyerhofstrasse 1, D 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Development 130:3515-24. 2003..We also show that fgf24 activity is necessary for the migration of tbx5-expressing cells to the fin bud, and for the activation of shh, but not hand2, expression in the posterior fin bud...
- Molecular characterization of the zebrafish PEA3 ETS-domain transcription factorL A Brown
Department of Biochemistry and Genetics, The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Oncogene 17:93-104. 1998The PEA3 subfamily of ETS-domain proteins play important roles in regulating transcriptional activation and have been implicated in several tumorigenic processes...
- Endocytosis controls spreading and effective signaling range of Fgf8 proteinSteffen Scholpp
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics and Department of Genetics, Dresden University of Technology, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Curr Biol 14:1834-41. 2004....
- Endoderm-derived Fgf3 is necessary and sufficient for inducing neurogenesis in the epibranchial placodes in zebrafishAlexei Nechiporuk
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7420, USA
Development 132:3717-30. 2005..Based on these findings, we propose a model for epibranchial placode development in which Fgf3 is a major endodermal determinant required for epibranchial placode neurogenesis...
- HSPG synthesis by zebrafish Ext2 and Extl3 is required for Fgf10 signalling during limb developmentWilliam H J Norton
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Development 132:4963-73. 2005..This reveals an unexpected specificity of HSPGs in regulating distinct vertebrate Fgfs...
- FGF-dependent mechanosensory organ patterning in zebrafishAlex Nechiporuk
University of Washington, School of Medicine, Department of Biological Structure, Seattle, WA 98195 7420, USA
Science 320:1774-7. 2008..This previously unrecognized mechanism may be applicable to understanding segmentation and morphogenesis in other organ systems...
- Dynamic Fgf signaling couples morphogenesis and migration in the zebrafish lateral line primordiumVirginie Lecaudey
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Meyerhofstrasse 1, Heidelberg, Germany
Development 135:2695-705. 2008..Furthermore, this work uncovers a surprising link between internal tissue organization and collective migration...
- Wnt/beta-catenin and Fgf signaling control collective cell migration by restricting chemokine receptor expressionAndy Aman
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, University of Utah School of Medicine, 401 MREB, 20N Medical Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Dev Cell 15:749-61. 2008..Although the Fgf, Wnt/beta-catenin, and chemokine signaling pathways are well known to be involved in cancer progression, these studies provide in vivo evidence that these pathways are functionally linked...
- Asymmetric cell convergence-driven zebrafish fin bud initiation and pre-pattern requires Tbx5a control of a mesenchymal Fgf signalQiyan Mao
Committee on Development, Regeneration and Stem Cell Biology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Development 142:4329-39. 2015....
- Rx3 and Shh direct anisotropic growth and specification in the zebrafish tuberal/anterior hypothalamusVictor Muthu
The Bateson Centre and Department of Biomedical Science, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Development 143:2651-63. 2016....
- Inhibition of H3K9me2 Reduces Hair Cell Regeneration after Hair Cell Loss in the Zebrafish Lateral Line by Down-Regulating the Wnt and Fgf Signaling PathwaysDongmei Tang
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Affiliated Eye and ENT Hospital of Fudan University Shanghai, China
Front Mol Neurosci 9:39. 2016..Thus H3K9me2 plays a critical role in HC regeneration. ..
- Epithelial cell fate in the nephron tubule is mediated by the ETS transcription factors etv5a and etv4 during zebrafish kidney developmentAmanda N Marra
Department of Biological Sciences, Center for Zebrafish Research, Center for Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Dev Biol 411:231-45. 2016..Interestingly, deficiency of ets variant 4 (etv4), a related gene that is broadly expressed in the posterior mesoderm during somitogenesis stages, also led to ..
- HtrA1 is a novel antagonist controlling fibroblast growth factor (FGF) signaling via cleavage of FGF8Goo Young Kim
Department of Medical Life Sciences, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Mol Cell Biol 32:4482-92. 2012..Furthermore, this study offers insight into new strategies to control human diseases associated with HtrA1 and FGF signaling...
- ZDHHC16 modulates FGF/ERK dependent proliferation of neural stem/progenitor cells in the zebrafish telencephalonWei Shi
Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Experimental Teratology Shandong Provincial Key Laboratory of Mental Disorders, Department of Histology and Embryology, Shandong University School of Medicine, No 44, Wenhua Xi Road, Jinan, Shandong, 250012, PR China
Dev Neurobiol 76:1014-28. 2016..2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Develop Neurobiol 76: 1014-1028, 2016. ..
- Posterior-anterior gradient of zebrafish hes6 expression in the presomitic mesoderm is established by the combinatorial functions of the downstream enhancer and 3'UTRAkinori Kawamura
Division of Life Science, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Saitama University, Shimo okubo, Sakura ku, Saitama City, Saitama 338 8570, Japan Electronic address
Dev Biol 409:543-54. 2016..Indeed, the T-box transcription factor (Tbx16) and Ets transcription factor (Pea3) bound specifically to the putative binding sites and regulated the enhancer activity in zebrafish embryos...
- Denervation impairs regeneration of amputated zebrafish finsMariana G Simões
Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Lisboa, 1649 028, Lisboa, Portugal
BMC Dev Biol 14:49. 2014..Although some candidate factors have been proposed to mediate the nerve dependency of regeneration, the molecular mechanisms involved in this process remain unclear...
- HDAC3 Is Required for Posterior Lateral Line Development in ZebrafishYingzi He
Otorhinolaryngology Department of Affiliated Eye and ENT Hospital, Fudan University, 83 Fenyang Road, Shanghai, 200031, People s Republic of China
Mol Neurobiol 53:5103-17. 2016..Our results indicate that HDAC3 plays a crucial role in regulating posterior lateral line (PLL) formation and provide evidence for epigenetic regulation in auditory organ development. ..
- Normal function of Myf5 during gastrulation is required for pharyngeal arch cartilage development in zebrafish embryosCheng Yung Lin
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Zebrafish 10:486-99. 2013..Together, the loss of Myf5 function results in a cascade effect that begins with abnormal formation of the dorsal organizer during gastrulation, causing, in turn, defects in the CNC and cranial cartilage of myf5-knockdown embryos...
- The Nogo-C2/Nogo receptor complex regulates the morphogenesis of zebrafish lateral line primordium through modulating the expression of dkk1b, a Wnt signal inhibitorHao Wei Han
Institute of Biochemical Sciences, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan Institute of Biological Chemistry, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 9:e86345. 2014..Notably, the expression levels of pea3, a downstream marker of Fgf signaling, and dkk1b, a Wnt signaling inhibitor, were both decreased in p75, TROY, and ..
- Endocytosis of Fgf8 is a double-stage process and regulates spreading and signalingCharanya Rengarajan
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology KIT, Institute of Toxicology and Genetic ITG, Karlsruhe, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e86373. 2014..Therefore, we hypothesize that Fgf8 receiving cells control both, the propagation width and the signal strength of the morphogen. ..
- Wnt-regulated dynamics of positional information in zebrafish somitogenesisLola Bajard
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Pfotenhauerstrasse 108, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Development 141:1381-91. 2014..The observed Wnt signaling gradient dynamics and timing of downstream events support a model for wavefront regulation in which cell flow plays a dominant role in transporting positional information. ..
- Ildr1b is essential for semicircular canal development, migration of the posterior lateral line primordium and hearing ability in zebrafish: implications for a role in the recessive hearing impairment DFNB42Qing Sang
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering and MOE Key Laboratory of Contemporary Anthropology, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, PR China, Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Fudan University, No 138 Yixueyuan Road, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Hum Mol Genet 23:6201-11. 2014..We concluded that Ildr1b is crucial for the development of the inner ear and the lateral line system. This study provides the first evidence for the mechanism of Ildr1b on hearing in vivo and sheds light on the pathology of DFNB42. ..
- Kremen1 restricts Dkk activity during posterior lateral line development in zebrafishHillary F McGraw
Oregon Health and Science University, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Development 141:3212-21. 2014..Based on our data, we propose a novel mechanism in which Kremen1 modulates Wnt activity by restricting the range of secreted Dkk proteins during collective cell migration in the pLLP...
- Leading and trailing cells cooperate in collective migration of the zebrafish posterior lateral line primordiumDamian Dalle Nogare
Section on Neural Developmental Dynamics, Program in Genomics of Differentiation, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 2790, USA
Development 141:3188-96. 2014....
- Characterization of zebrafish Pax1b and Pax9 in fin bud developmentXuemei Chen
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, Chongqing Medical University, Medical College Road 1, Chongqing 400016, China Emergency Department, The First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Youyi Road 1, Chongqing 400042, China
Biomed Res Int 2014:309385. 2014..Together, this evidence for cell death caused by pax1b knockdown provides new insight into the role of the Pax protein family in cell fate determination and tissue specification. ..
- Efficient genome-wide mutagenesis of zebrafish genes by retroviral insertionsDongmei Wang
Key Laboratory of Cell Proliferation and Differentiation, Center of Developmental Biology and Genetics, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Ministry of Education, Beijing 100871, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:12428-33. 2007..Combining this increase in efficiency with cryopreservation of sperm samples from the F(1) fish, it is now possible to create a stable resource that contains mutations in every known zebrafish gene...
- Fgfr-Ras-MAPK signaling is required for apical constriction via apical positioning of Rho-associated kinase during mechanosensory organ formationMolly J Harding
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Development 139:3130-5. 2012..This mechanism presents a novel cellular strategy for driving cell shape changes...
- A zebrafish Notum homolog specifically blocks the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathwayG Parker Flowers
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Memorial Research Center, Children s Plaza 2300, Box 204, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Development 139:2416-25. 2012..Notum 1a does not interact with Glypican 4, an essential component of the Wnt/planar cell polarity (PCP) pathway. Our results suggest a surprising specific role of Notum in the developing vertebrate embryo...
- Fgf-dependent glial cell bridges facilitate spinal cord regeneration in zebrafishYona Goldshmit
Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
J Neurosci 32:7477-92. 2012..This suggests that differential Fgf regulation, rather than intrinsic cell differences, underlie the distinct responses of mammalian and zebrafish glia to injury...
- Chemokine and Fgf signalling act as opposing guidance cues in formation of the lateral line primordiumMarie A Breau
Division of Developmental Neurobiology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, London NW7 1AA, UK
Development 139:2246-53. 2012..These findings reveal a novel chemotactic role for Fgf signalling in which it enables the coalescence of the lateral line primordium from an initial fuzzy pattern into a compact group of migrating cells...
- Bmps and id2a act upstream of Twist1 to restrict ectomesenchyme potential of the cranial neural crestAnkita Das
Broad CIRM Center, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 8:e1002710. 2012..Together our model shows how the integration of Bmp inhibition at its origin and Fgf activation along its migratory route would confer temporal and spatial specificity to the generation of ectomesenchyme from the neural crest...
- Intrinsic and extrinsic modifiers of the regulative capacity of the developing liverDonghun Shin
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Programs in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Genetics and Human Genetics, Institute for Regeneration Medicine, Diabetes Center and Liver Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Mech Dev 128:525-35. 2012..Altogether, these studies reveal that there is more than one way to form a liver, and provide molecular insights into the phenomenon of tissue plasticity...
- Expression and retinoic acid regulation of the zebrafish nr2f orphan nuclear receptor genesCrystal E Love
Committee on Development, Regeneration and Stem Cell Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Dev Dyn 241:1603-15. 2012..The vertebrate nuclear receptor subfamily 2, group f (nr2f) genes encode orphan receptors that have the capacity to act as negative regulators of retinoic acid (RA) signaling...
- Zebrafish Ext2 is necessary for Fgf and Wnt signaling, but not for Hh signalingSabine Fischer
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
BMC Dev Biol 11:53. 2011..However, potential roles for HS biosynthesis in regulating the function of paracrine signaling molecules that bind to HS are incompletely understood...
- Morphogenesis and cell fate determination within the adaxial cell equivalence group of the zebrafish myotomeMai E Nguyen-Chi
Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute, Monash University, Clayton, Australia
PLoS Genet 8:e1003014. 2012..Thus our results reveal that the synergistic actions of HH, FGF, and BMP signaling independently create a three-dimensional (3D) signaling milieu that coordinates cell fate within the adaxial cell equivalence group...
- Shroom3 is required downstream of FGF signalling to mediate proneuromast assembly in zebrafishSandra Ernst
Centre for Biological Signalling Studies, University of Freiburg, Schänzlestrasse 18, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
Development 139:4571-81. 2012..In conclusion, we uncovered the first mechanistic link between patterning and morphogenesis during LL sensory organ formation...
- Hoxd13 contribution to the evolution of vertebrate appendagesRenata Freitas
Centro Andaluz de Biologia del Desarrollo CABD, CSIC Universidad Pablo de Olavide Junta de Andalucía Campus UPO, Ctra de Utrera km1, E 41013 Seville, Spain
Dev Cell 23:1219-29. 2012..Our results support the idea that modulation of 5'Hoxd gene expression, by acquisition of novel enhancer elements, offered the substrate for the evolution of fins and the origin of tetrapod limbs...
- Divergent requirements for fibroblast growth factor signaling in zebrafish maxillary barbel and caudal fin regenerationRobert J Duszynski
Department of Biological Sciences, DePaul University, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Dev Growth Differ 55:282-300. 2013..Multiple FGF ligands (fgf20a, fgf24), receptors (fgfr1-4) and downstream targets (pea3, il17d) are expressed in normal and regenerating barbel tissue, confirming FGF activation...
- Reiterative roles for FGF signaling in the establishment of size and proportion of the zebrafish heartSara R Marques
Developmental Genetics Program and Department of Cell Biology, Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Dev Biol 321:397-406. 2008..Together, our data demonstrate that a single signaling pathway can act reiteratively to coordinate organ size and proportion...
- Retina development in zebrafish requires the heparan sulfate proteoglycan agrinI Hsuan Liu
Julius L Chambers Biomedical Biotechnology Research Institute, Durham, North Carolina 27707, USA
Dev Neurobiol 68:877-98. 2008..Collectively, these agrin morphant phenotypes provide support for a crucial role of agrin in retina development and formation of an ordered retinotectal topographic map in the optic tectum of zebrafish...
- MicroRNA-9 directs late organizer activity of the midbrain-hindbrain boundaryChristoph Leucht
Department of Zebrafish Neurogenetics, Institute of Developmental Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Nat Neurosci 11:641-8. 2008..Together, these findings highlight a previously unknown mechanism by which a single microRNA fine-tunes late MHB coherence via its co-regulation of patterning activities and neurogenesis...
- Regulation of canonical Wnt signaling by Brachyury is essential for posterior mesoderm formationBenjamin L Martin
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7350, USA
Dev Cell 15:121-33. 2008..We propose that a positive autoregulatory loop between Ntl/Bra and canonical Wnt signaling maintains the mesodermal progenitors to facilitate posterior somite development in chordates...
- An integrin-dependent role of pouch endoderm in hyoid cartilage developmentJustin Gage Crump
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, USA
PLoS Biol 2:E244. 2004..Lastly, we discuss the implications of a mosaic assembly of the facial skeleton for the evolution of ray-finned fish...
- Sequential and cooperative action of Fgfs and Shh in the zebrafish retinaSaradavey Vinothkumar
Institute for Toxicology and Genetics, Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Postfach 3640, 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
Dev Biol 314:200-14. 2008..This sequence contains binding sites for the transcription factors Erm and Pea3 that are known transducers of Fgf signaling...
- Reciprocal endoderm-mesoderm interactions mediated by fgf24 and fgf10 govern pancreas developmentIsabelle Manfroid
GIGA Research Unité de Biologie Moleculaire et Génie Génétique, Tour B34, Universite de Liege, B 4000 Sart Tilman, Belgium
Development 134:4011-21. 2007....
- Fgf-dependent otic induction requires competence provided by Foxi1 and Dlx3bStefan Hans
Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
BMC Dev Biol 7:5. 2007..We previously suggested that Foxi1 and Dlx3b may provide competence to form the ear because loss of both foxi1 and dlx3b results in ablation of all otic tissue even in the presence of a fully functional Fgf signaling pathway...
- Specification of epibranchial placodes in zebrafishAlexei Nechiporuk
Department of Biological Structure, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7420, USA
Development 134:611-23. 2007..The coordinated interplay between craniofacial tissues would thus assure proper spatial and temporal interactions in the shaping of the vertebrate head...
- An essential role for zebrafish Fgfrl1 during gill cartilage developmentChris Hall
Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, The University of Auckland, P O 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Mech Dev 123:925-40. 2006..A duplicate zebrafish gene, fgfrl1b, has now been identified. We show that Fgfrl1b is also required for proper formation of all ventral cartilage elements and acts cooperatively with Fgfrl1a during gill cartilage formation...
- Prdm1 acts downstream of a sequential RA, Wnt and Fgf signaling cascade during zebrafish forelimb inductionNadia Mercader
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL Heidelberg, Germany
Development 133:2805-15. 2006..tbx5 is required for Fgf signaling in the limb bud leading to activation of prdm1 expression, which in turn is required for downstream activation of fgf10 expression...
- Zebrafish Trap230/Med12 is required as a coactivator for Sox9-dependent neural crest, cartilage and ear developmentMarlene J Rau
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL, Meyerhofstrasse 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Dev Biol 296:83-93. 2006..Mediator is a coactivator complex transducing the interaction of DNA-binding transcription factors with RNA polymerase II, and our results reveal a critical function of the Trap230 subunit as a coactivator for Sox9...
- Differentiation of cerebellar cell identities in absence of Fgf signalling in zebrafish Otx morphantsIsabelle Foucher
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, New Hunt s House, King s College London, London SE1 9RT, UK
Development 133:1891-900. 2006..This maintenance is enough to allow cerebellar differentiation...
- Divergence in regulation of the PEA3 family of ETS transcription factorsMyriam Roussigne
Centre de Biologie du Développement UMR5547, Universite Paul Sabatier, Bat 4R3, 118, route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse, France
Gene Expr Patterns 6:777-82. 2006Here, we report the cloning of a cDNA encoding zebrafish ER81, a member of the PEA3 family of Ets transcription factors...
- The Cdc14B phosphatase contributes to ciliogenesis in zebrafishAurélie Clément
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Development 138:291-302. 2011..This first study of a loss of function of a Cdc14 family member in a vertebrate organism reveals a new role for Cdc14B in ciliogenesis and consequently in a number of developmental processes...
- Fgf signaling in the zebrafish adult brain: association of Fgf activity with ventricular zones but not cell proliferationStefanie Topp
Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Department Zebrafish Neurogenetics, Institute of Developmental Genetics, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
J Comp Neurol 510:422-39. 2008..We report expression of Fgf signals (fgf3,4,8a,8b,17b), receptors (fgfr1-4), and targets (erm, pea3, dusp6, spry1,2,4, and P-ERK) and document that genes of the embryonic fgf8 synexpression group acquire strikingly ..
- Fgf-dependent Etv4/5 activity is required for posterior restriction of Sonic Hedgehog and promoting outgrowth of the vertebrate limbJunhao Mao
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Dev Cell 16:600-6. 2009..Here, we show that FGF-dependent activation of the ETS transcription factors Etv4 and Etv5 contributes to proximal-distal limb outgrowth...
- Differential expression and regulation of olig genes in zebrafishNatascia Tiso
Department of Biology, University of Padova, I 35131 Padova, Italy
J Comp Neurol 515:378-96. 2009..Our findings suggest a role for olig genes in CNS patterning as well as in multiple cell fate decisions during neural differentiation...
- Stem cells in the adult zebrafish cerebellum: initiation and maintenance of a novel stem cell nicheJan Kaslin
Biotechnology Center and Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden, Dresden University of Technology, 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Neurosci 29:6142-53. 2009..Nevertheless, retained epithelial properties such as distinct polarization and ventricular contact are critical common determinants to maintain neural stem cell activity in vertebrates...
- Maintenance of blastemal proliferation by functionally diverse epidermis in regenerating zebrafish finsYoonsung Lee
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Dev Biol 331:270-80. 2009..the transcription factor lef1 and the blastemal mitogen shh, while distal subtypes express the Fgf target gene pea3 and wnt5b, an inhibitor of blastemal proliferation...
- Lmx1b is essential for survival of periocular mesenchymal cells and influences Fgf-mediated retinal patterning in zebrafishCarrie McMahon
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Dev Biol 332:287-98. 2009..Overall, we propose zebrafish lmx1b.1 and lmx1b.2 promote the survival of periocular mesenchymal cells that influence multiple signaling events required for proper ocular development...
- Overlapping functions of Pea3 ETS transcription factors in FGF signaling during zebrafish developmentWade A Znosko
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, 3501 Fifth Avenue, BST3 5062, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Dev Biol 342:11-25. 2010..In zebrafish, the simultaneous knock-down of three Pea3 ETS proteins, Etv5, Erm, and Pea3, produced phenotypes reminiscent of embryos deficient in FGF signaling...
- Loss of fish actinotrichia proteins and the fin-to-limb transitionJing Zhang
CAREG, Department of Biology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5, Canada
Nature 466:234-7. 2010..We propose that the loss of both actinodins and actinotrichia during evolution may have led to the loss of lepidotrichia and may have contributed to the fin-to-limb transition...
- Pdlim7 is required for maintenance of the mesenchymal/epidermal Fgf signaling feedback loop during zebrafish pectoral fin developmentTroy Camarata
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University, The Feinberg School of Medicine, Children s Memorial Research Center, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
BMC Dev Biol 10:104. 2010..This Tbx5 regulation is critical in heart formation, but the coexpression of both proteins in other developing tissues suggests a broader functional role...
- Restraint of Fgf8 signaling by retinoic acid signaling is required for proper heart and forelimb formationMollie R Johnson Sorrell
Molecular Cardiovascular Biology Division and The Heart Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Dev Biol 358:44-55. 2011....
- Fgf signaling controls pharyngeal taste bud formation through miR-200 and Delta-Notch activityMarika Kapsimali
Ecole Normale Superieure, Institut de Biologie, 75005 Paris, France
Development 138:3473-84. 2011..Altogether, this study provides genetic evidence that supports a novel model where Fgf regulates Delta-Notch signaling, and subsequently miR-200 activity, in order to promote taste bud cell type differentiation...
- Fgf differentially controls cross-antagonism between cardiac and haemangioblast regulatorsFilipa Costa Simões
MRC Molecular Haematology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, Oxford University, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington OX3 9DS, UK
Development 138:3235-45. 2011..We propose that elevation of Fgf signalling in the anterior haemangioblast territory could have led to its recruitment into the heart field during evolution, increasing the size of the heart...
- Retinoic acid signaling sequentially controls visceral and heart laterality in zebrafishSizhou Huang
Key Laboratory of Freshwater Fish Reproduction and Development, Ministry of Education, School of Life Sciences, Southwest University, Beibei, 400715 Chongqing, China
J Biol Chem 286:28533-43. 2011....
- Identification of cis regulatory features in the embryonic zebrafish genome through large-scale profiling of H3K4me1 and H3K4me3 binding sitesAaron W Aday
Program in Gene Function and Expression, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01602, USA
Dev Biol 357:450-62. 2011....
- Expression and function of the Ets transcription factor pea3 during formation of zebrafish pronephrosQiuxia Chen
Department of Nephrology, Nanjing Children s Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, 210008, People s Republic of China
Pediatr Nephrol 26:391-400. 2011Polyomavirus enhancer activator 3 (Pea3), belonging to the PEA3 subfamily of Ets transcription factors, is essential for certain organogenesis in mammals...
- Development of Epibranchial Placodes and Ganglia in ZebrafishAlex Nechiporuk; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..