Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cyp1a
Description: cytochrome P450, family 1, subfamily A
Alias: cyp1a1, wu:fb63b04, zfCYP1A, zgc:109747, cytochrome P450 1A1, cytochrome P450, subfamily I, polypeptide 1
Publications103 found, 100 shown here
- Tissue-specific expression of AHR2, ARNT2, and CYP1A in zebrafish embryos and larvae: effects of developmental stage and 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin exposureEric A Andreasen
Environmental Toxicology Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Toxicol Sci 68:403-19. 2002..aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator 2 (zfARNT2), and an AHR regulated gene, cytochrome P4501A (zfCYP1A), were assessed in larvae exposed to vehicle or TCDD (1.55 nM) from 3-4 h postfertilization (hpf)...
- Cytochrome P450 1 genes in early deuterostomes (tunicates and sea urchins) and vertebrates (chicken and frog): origin and diversification of the CYP1 gene familyJared V Goldstone
Department of Biology, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole
Mol Biol Evol 24:2619-31. 2007Cytochrome P450 family 1 (CYP1) proteins are important in a large number of toxicological processes. CYP1A and CYP1B genes are well known in mammals, but the evolutionary history of the CYP1 family as a whole is obscure; that history may ..
- Functional differences in the cytochrome P450 1 family enzymes from zebrafish (Danio rerio) using heterologously expressed proteinsMarcus L Scornaienchi
Department of Biology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Arch Biochem Biophys 502:17-22. 2010Mammalian cytochrome P450 1 (CYP1) genes are well characterized, but in other vertebrates only the functions of CYP1A genes have been well studied...
- 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin toxicity in the zebrafish embryo: local circulation failure in the dorsal midbrain is associated with increased apoptosisWu Dong
Department of Toxicology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University, Ebetsu 069 8501, Japan
Toxicol Sci 69:191-201. 2002..of TCDD exposure concentrations that reduced blood flow and increased apoptosis in the midbrain greatly enhanced CYP1A mRNA expression and immunoreactivity at 50 hpf in endothelial cells of blood vessels including the mesencephalic ..
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2 mediates 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin developmental toxicity in zebrafishAmy L Prasch
Molecular and Environmental Toxicology Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53726, USA
Toxicol Sci 76:138-50. 2003..Injection of embryos at the 1-2 cell stage with zfahr2-MO decreased TCDD-induced transcription of zfCYP1A mRNA until 96 h post fertilization (hpf), and immuno-histochemical detection of zfCYP1A protein in embryos at 72 ..
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin activation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor/aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator pathway causes developmental toxicity through a CYP1A-independent mechanism in zebrafishSara A Carney
Molecular and Environmental Toxicology Center, University of Wisconsin, 777 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Mol Pharmacol 66:512-21. 2004..Although the zfcyp1a-MO effectively prevented CYP1A up-regulation, it did not prevent the signs of developmental toxicity, including ..
- cDNA-directed expression of a functional zebrafish CYP1A in yeastWoon Gye Chung
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
Aquat Toxicol 70:111-21. 2004A cytochrome P450 1A (CYP1A) cDNA was isolated from an adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) library. The 2580-bp clone (GenBank Accession No. AF210727) contained a 62-bp 5'-unstranslated region (UTR), 1557-bp coding region and 962-bp 3'-UTR...
- Duplicate aryl hydrocarbon receptor repressor genes (ahrr1 and ahrr2) in the zebrafish Danio rerio: structure, function, evolution, and AHR-dependent regulation in vivoBrad R Evans
Biology Department, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 441:151-67. 2005..and AHRR2 expression in a dose-dependent manner in ZF-L cells, with EC50 values similar to those for induction of CYP1A. Both AHRRs were expressed and induced by TCDD in zebrafish embryos...
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation inhibits regenerative growthLijoy K Mathew
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, Marine and Freshwater Biomedical Sciences Center, Environmental Health Sciences Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Mol Pharmacol 69:257-65. 2006..With the plethora of molecular and genetic techniques that can be applied to larval-stage embryos, this in vivo regeneration system can be further exploited to understand cross-talk between AHR and other signaling pathways...
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor-independent toxicity of weathered crude oil during fish developmentJohn P Incardona
Ecotoxicology and Environmental Fish Health Program, Environmental Conservation Division, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Seattle, Washington 98112, USA
Environ Health Perspect 113:1755-62. 2005..it is widely held that PAH toxicity is linked to aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) binding and cytochrome P450 1A (CYP1A) induction...
- Molecular mechanisms of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin cardiovascular embryotoxicityHeather M H Goldstone
The Josephine Bay Paul Center for Comparative Molecular Biology and Evolution, Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Drug Metab Rev 38:261-89. 2006..Gene expression profiling is elucidating additional pathways by which TCDD might act. We review our understanding of the mechanism of TCDD embryotoxicity at morphological and molecular levels...
- The role of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor pathway in mediating synergistic developmental toxicity of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons to zebrafishSonya M Billiard
Nicholas School of the Environment and Integrated Toxicology Program, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708 0328, USA
Toxicol Sci 92:526-36. 2006..show strong binding affinity for the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) and are potent inducers of cytochrome P4501A (CYP1A)...
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation produces heart-specific transcriptional and toxic responses in developing zebrafishSara A Carney
Molecular and Environmental Toxicology Program, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Mol Pharmacol 70:549-61. 2006..More than 70% of the transcripts in this heart-specific cluster promote cellular growth and proliferation. Thus, the developing heart stands out as being responsive to TCDD at both the level of toxicity and gene expression...
- Differential gene expression as a toxicant-sensitive endpoint in zebrafish embryos and larvaeDoris Voelker
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Department of Cell Toxicology, Permoserstrasse 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Aquat Toxicol 81:355-64. 2007..Six genes involved in biotransformation (cyp1a, ahr2), stress response (nfe212, maft, hmox1) and cell cycle control (fzr1) were significantly regulated...
- Role of AHR2 in the expression of novel cytochrome P450 1 family genes, cell cycle genes, and morphological defects in developing zebra fish exposed to 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl or 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxinMaria E Jönsson
Biology Department, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, Massachusetts 02543, USA
Toxicol Sci 100:180-93. 2007..e., PCNA and cyclin E) in zebra fish (Danio rerio) embryos. Basal and PCB126-induced expression of CYP1A, CYP1B1, CYP1C1, and CYP1C2 was examined over time as well as in relation to cell cycle gene expression and ..
- Transcriptional profiling reveals barcode-like toxicogenomic responses in the zebrafish embryoLixin Yang
Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Postfach 3640, 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
Genome Biol 8:R227. 2007..We addressed the toxicogenomic response of the zebrafish embryo in a systematic manner by asking whether distinct chemicals would induce specific transcriptional profiles...
- A technical mixture of 2,2',4,4'-tetrabromo diphenyl ether (BDE47) and brominated furans triggers aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) mediated gene expression and toxicityM Wahl
Institute of Toxicology and Genetics ITG, Research Center Karlsruhe FZK, Hermann von Helmholtz Platz 1, Eggenstein Leopoldshafen, Germany
Chemosphere 73:209-15. 2008..Initially, we measured cytochrome P450 1A1 (Cyp1A1) induction as a readout for AhR activation by BDE47...
- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin upregulates FoxQ1b in zebrafish jaw primordiumAntonio Planchart
Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory, PO Box 35, Salisbury Cove, Maine 04672, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 23:480-7. 2010..The rate of TCDD-induced FoxQ1b expression was more rapid than that of Cyp1a, a known direct target of TCDD-activated Ahr...
- Oxidative and conjugative xenobiotic metabolism in zebrafish larvae in vivoHuw S Jones
School of Biosciences, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Zebrafish 7:23-30. 2010..mammalian cytochromes P450 (CYP) 2B6, CYP3A5, and UDP-glucuronosyl transferase (UGT) 1A1, as well as the zebrafish CYP1A was assessed across embryonic development...
- Developmental toxicity and endocrine disrupting potency of 4-azapyrene, benzo[b]fluorene and retene in the zebrafish Danio rerioA Hawliczek
Institute for Environmental Studies, VU University Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1087, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reprod Toxicol 33:213-23. 2012..that for BBF and retene, drug metabolism pathways were induced, which were confirmed by subsequent studies of cyp1a gene expression...
- Blocking expression of AHR2 and ARNT1 in zebrafish larvae protects against cardiac toxicity of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxinDagmara S Antkiewicz
Molecular and Environmental Toxicology Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Toxicol Sci 94:175-82. 2006..used morpholino oligonucleotide technology to specifically block the expression of zfAHR2, zfARNT1, zfARNT2, and zfCYP1A, and assessed the previously described effects of TCDD on heart morphology, size, and function in the developing ..
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation impairs extracellular matrix remodeling during zebra fish fin regenerationEric A Andreasen
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331 7301, USA
Toxicol Sci 95:215-26. 2007..Quantitative real-time PCR studies revealed that the aryl hydrocarbon pathway is active and that matrix-remodeling genes are expressed in the regenerate following TCDD exposure...
- Developmental toxicity of 4-ring polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in zebrafish is differentially dependent on AH receptor isoforms and hepatic cytochrome P4501A metabolismJohn P Incardona
Ecotoxicology and Environmental Fish Health Program, Environmental Conservation Division, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, 2725 Montlake Blvd E, Seattle, WA 98112, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 217:308-21. 2006..receptor (AHR), which controls a battery of genes involved in PAH metabolism, such as cytochrome P4501A (CYP1A) and (2) "nonpolar narcosis", in which tissue uptake is dependent solely on hydrophobicity and toxicity is ..
- Modulation of steroidogenesis and xenobiotic biotransformation responses in zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to water-soluble fraction of crude oilAugustine Arukwe
Department of Biology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, Høgskoleringen 5, 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Environ Res 107:362-70. 2008The induction of CYP enzyme activities, particularly CYP1A1, through the aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) in most vertebrate species is among the most studied biochemical response to planar and aromatic organic contaminant exposure...
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated down-regulation of sox9b causes jaw malformation in zebrafish embryosKong M Xiong
Departments of Biomolecular Chemistry, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Mol Pharmacol 74:1544-53. 2008..These results suggest that reduced sox9b expression in TCDD-exposed zebrafish embryos contributes to jaw malformation...
- Comparison of static immersion and intravenous injection systems for exposure of zebrafish embryos to the natural pathogen Edwardsiella tardaJoost J van Soest
Institute of Biology, Leiden University, PO Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Immunol 12:58. 2011..In this study we used transcriptome profiling and quantitative RT-PCR to analyze the immune response induced by E. tarda immersion and injection...
- Functional screening of cytochrome P450 activity and uncoupling by capillary electrophoresisJames Harskamp
Anal Chem 84:862-6. 2012..Reactions with β-estradiol confirmed that CYP1A, 1C1, and 1C2 have greater catalytic activity and coupling efficiency; CYP1B1 and 1D1 had coupling efficiencies ..
- Zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model for investigating dietary toxic effects of deoxynivalenol contamination in aquaculture feedsMonica Sanden
National Institute of Nutrition and Seafood Research NIFES, N 5817 Bergen, Norway
Food Chem Toxicol 50:4441-8. 2012..Zebrafish performance was not affected. Liver CYP1A mRNA levels were significantly higher in fish fed 2.0 ppm DON compared to the control group, 0.1, 0.5 and 1...
- Hypoxia disrupts gene modulation along the brain-pituitary-gonad (BPG)-liver axisXiaoying Lu
Department of Biology and Chemistry, City University of Hong Kong, 83 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR, China
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 102:70-8. 2014..an increase in hormone transport and reduced bioavailability in blood, while upregulation of hepatic CYP3A65 and CYP1A in females suggests an increase in estrogen biotransformation and clearance...
- Double transgenesis of humanized fat1 and fat2 genes promotes omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids synthesis in a zebrafish modelShao Chen Pang
State Key Laboratory of Freshwater Ecology and Biotechnology, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, 430072, China
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 16:580-93. 2014..Our results demonstrate that application of transgenic technology of humanized fat1 and fat2 in farmed fishes can largely improve the n-3 LC-PUFA production. ..
- Responses to ROS inducer agents in zebrafish cell line: differences between copper and UV-B radiationRegina Coimbra Rola
Programa de Pós Graduação em Ciências Fisiológicas Fisiologia Animal Comparada, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande, Av Itália km 8, Campus Carreiros, Rio Grande, RS, CEP 96203 900, Brazil
Fish Physiol Biochem 40:1817-25. 2014..the mRNA levels of some genes related to antioxidant defenses (gpx and gstπ), biotransformation reactions (cyp1a1) and protein repair (hsp70)...
- Zebrafish cardiotoxicity: the effects of CYP1A inhibition and AHR2 knockdown following exposure to weak aryl hydrocarbon receptor agonistsDaniel R Brown
Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 22:8329-38. 2015..naphthoflavone, have been shown to cause similar cardiotoxic effects when coupled with a cytochrome P450 1A (CYP1A) inhibitor, such as fluoranthene (FL)...
- Effects of tetracycline on developmental toxicity and molecular responses in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryosQiang Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Estuarine and Coastal Research, East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, 200062, China
Ecotoxicology 24:707-19. 2015..The overall results indicate that tetracycline can produce oxidative stress and induce apoptosis, which brings about significant developmental delay in zebrafish embryos. ..
- The catecholestrogen, 2-hydroxyestradiol-17beta, acts as a G protein-coupled estrogen receptor 1 (GPER/GPR30) antagonist to promote the resumption of meiosis in zebrafish oocytesTapan K Chourasia
University of Texas at Austin, Marine Science Institute, Port Aransas, Texas
Biol Reprod 92:69. 2015..The increases in EH activity and OM were blocked by treatment with CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 inhibitors...
- Genomic and gene expression responses to genotoxic stress in PAC2 zebrafish embryonic cell lineMaja Srut
Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb, Rooseveltov trg 6, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
J Appl Toxicol 35:1381-9. 2015....
- The cellular and molecular progression of mitochondrial dysfunction induced by 2,4-dinitrophenol in developing zebrafish embryosJennifer E Bestman
Medical University of South Carolina, Drug Discovery and Biomedical Sciences, 280 Calhoun Street, MSC 140, QE 219A, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Differentiation 89:51-69. 2015....
- Sodium fluoride generates ROS and alters transcription of genes for xenobiotic metabolizing enzymes in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) liver: expression pattern of Nrf2/Keap1 (INrf2)Debdip Mukhopadhyay
a Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Department of Zoology Centre for Advanced Studies, Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal, India
Toxicol Mech Methods 25:364-73. 2015..The mRNA levels of genes for xenobiotic metabolizing enzymes (XMEs) like cytochrome P450 1A (Cyp1A), NADPH Q Oxidase 1 (Nqo1) and Heme Oxygenase 1 (Ho-1) increased along with nuclear factor (erythroid-derived 2)-..
- Ligand-Specific Transcriptional Mechanisms Underlie Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor-Mediated Developmental Toxicity of Oxygenated PAHsB C Goodale
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, the Environmental Health Sciences Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97330 Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755
Toxicol Sci 147:397-411. 2015..markers of oxidative stress in developing zebrafish with similar potency, but only 7,12-B[a]AQ induces robust Cyp1a protein expression...
- Differential embryotoxicity of the organic pollutants in rural and urban air particlesSofia R Mesquita
Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research, Barcelona, Spain Interdisciplinary Centre of Marine and Environmental Research, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Environ Pollut 206:535-42. 2015..The observed effects can be directly related to air pollution-related human disorders, suggesting different potential adverse outcomes for human populations exposed to air pollution from specific sources. ..
- Bioaccumulation and molecular effects of sediment-bound metals in zebrafish embryosR Redelstein
Department of Ecosystem Analysis, Institute for Environmental Research, RWTH Aachen University, Worringerweg 1, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 22:16290-304. 2015..rerio embryos directly exposed to sediments and that the induction of specific genes can be used as biomarkers for the exposure of early life stages of zebrafish to metal-contaminated sediments...
- Bioconcentration, metabolism and alterations of thyroid hormones of Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate (TDCPP) in ZebrafishTao Xu
Puai Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430033, China
Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 40:581-6. 2015..The mRNA expression of genes related to Phase I and II metabolic enzymes, such as cyp1a1, cyp1b1, cyp1c1 and ugt1ab were also significantly upregulated...
- Differential effects of metal ions on TCDD-induced cytotoxicity and cytochrome P4501A1 gene expression in a zebrafish liver (ZFL) cell-lineYing Ying Chen
School of Life Sciences, Chinese University, Sha Tin, Hong Kong SAR, China
Metallomics 8:236-51. 2016..2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) induced cytotoxicity and the expression of the cytochrome P4501A1 gene (cyp1a1) in the zebrafish liver (ZFL) cell line...
- Delayed effects of developmental exposure to low levels of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor agonist 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl (PCB126) on adult zebrafish behaviorLilah Glazer
Biology Department and Woods Hole Center for Oceans and Human Health, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA Electronic address
Neurotoxicology 52:134-43. 2016..b>Cyp1a induction was measured as an indicator for AHR activation...
- Severe Coal Tar Sealcoat Runoff Toxicity to Fish Is Prevented by Bioretention FiltrationJenifer K McIntyre
Washington State University, Puyallup Research and Extension Center, 2606 W Pioneer Avenue, Puyallup, Washington 98371, United States
Environ Sci Technol 50:1570-8. 2016..Our findings show that inexpensive bioretention methods can markedly improve stormwater quality and protect fish health...
- Sustainable, Rapid Synthesis of Bright-Luminescent CuInS2-ZnS Alloyed Nanocrystals: Multistage Nano-xenotoxicity Assessment and Intravital Fluorescence Bioimaging in Zebrafish-EmbryosS Shashank Chetty
Advanced Functional Nanostructured Materials Laboratory, Centre for Nanoscience and Technology, Madanjeet School of Green Energy Technologies, Pondicherry University, Kalapet, Puducherry 605014, India
Sci Rep 6:26078. 2016....
- Crosstalk between AhR and wnt/β-catenin signal pathways in the cardiac developmental toxicity of PM2.5 in zebrafish embryosHang Zhang
Department of Toxicology, School of Public Health, Soochow University, Suzhou, China Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Preventive and Translational Medicine for Geriatric Diseases, Soochow University, Suzhou, China
Toxicology 355:31-8. 2016..We further found that EOM had increased the expression levels of AhR targeted genes (Cyp1a1, Cyp1b1 and Ahrra) and reduced the mRNA levels of β-catenin targeted genes (axin2, nkx2.5 and sox9b)...
- Toxicity assessment of water-accommodated fractions from two different oils using a zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo-larval bioassay with a multilevel approachPrescilla Perrichon
IFREMER, Laboratoire Biogéochimie et Écotoxicologie, L Houmeau Nantes, France Littoral Environnement et Sociétés LIENSs, CNRS Université de La Rochelle, UMRi 7266, 2 rue Olympe de Gouges, F17042 La Rochelle Cedex 01, France Electronic address
Sci Total Environ 568:952-66. 2016..photomotor behavioral responses, cardiac activity, DNA damage and exposure level measurements (EROD activity, cyp1a and PAH metabolites)...
- Danio rerio embryos on Prozac - Effects on the detoxification mechanism and embryo developmentV Cunha
CIIMAR CIMAR Interdisciplinary Centre of Marine and Environmental Research, Coastal and Marine Environmental Toxicology Lab, University of Porto, Rua dos Bragas, 289, 4050 123 Porto, Portugal ICBAS UP Institute of Biomedical Sciences Abel Salazar, University of Porto, Rua de Jorge Viterbo Ferreira, 228, 4050 313 Porto, Portugal Electronic address
Aquat Toxicol 178:182-9. 2016..Development was screened and the impact in the transcription of key genes, i.e., abcb4, abcc1, abcc2, abcg2, cyp1a, cyp3a65, gst, sod, cat, ahr, pxr, pparα, pparβ, pparγ, rxraa, rxrab, rxrbb, rxrga, rxrgb, raraa, rarab, rarga ..
- Maternal exposure to the water soluble fraction of crude oil, lead and their mixture induces autism-like behavioral deficits in zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvaeYuanchuan Wang
State Key Laboratory of Cellular Stress Biology, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian 361005, China
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 134:23-30. 2016..The information from the network could provide a clue for further mechanistic studies explaining molecular events regulating WSF/Pb mediated ASD...
- Structurally distinct polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons induce differential transcriptional responses in developing zebrafishBritton C Goodale
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, the Environmental Health Sciences Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 272:656-70. 2013..While BAA misregulated the least number of transcripts, it caused strong induction of cyp1a and other genes known to be downstream of the AHR, which were not induced by the other two PAHs...
- Comparative developmental toxicity of environmentally relevant oxygenated PAHsAndrea L Knecht
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, the Environmental Health Sciences Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 271:266-75. 2013..AHR activation was determined via CYP1A immunohistochemistry...
- Sublethal exposure to crude oil during embryonic development alters cardiac morphology and reduces aerobic capacity in adult fishCorinne E Hicken
University of Alaska Fairbanks Fisheries Division, University of Alaska Fairbanks Juneau Center, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:7086-90. 2011....
- Differentially expressed proteins in zebrafish liver cells exposed to copperDong Shi Chen
Biochemistry and Environmental Science Programs, School of Life Sciences, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Sha Tin, NT, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
Aquat Toxicol 104:270-7. 2011..However, the regulation of several proteins in ZFL, related to the reactive oxygen species (ROS) effect, mitochondrion copper transportation and stress response, was quite different from that in tilapia...
- Cardiac toxicity of 5-ring polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons is differentially dependent on the aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2 isoform during zebrafish developmentJohn P Incardona
Ecotoxicology and Environmental Fish Health Program, Environmental Conservation Division, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, 2725 Montlake Blvd E, Seattle, WA 98112, United States
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 257:242-9. 2011..aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR2) and the tissue-specific induction of the cytochrome p450 metabolic pathway (CYP1A) were distinct for each...
- Gene expression in caged fish as indicators of contaminants exposure in tropical karstic water bodiesGabriela Rodriguez-Fuentes
Unidad de Química Sisal, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Yucatan, Mexico
Mar Environ Res 75:62-6. 2012..In the present study, we evaluated gene expression of vitellogenin (VTG) and cytochrome P-450 1A (CYP1A) in caged juvenile zebrafish deployed for 15 days in 13 different water bodies, cenotes and aguadas, throughout ..
- AHR2 mutant reveals functional diversity of aryl hydrocarbon receptors in zebrafishBritton C Goodale
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, Environmental Health Sciences Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e29346. 2012..in the mutant line using TCDD and leflunomide as toxicological probes to investigate function, ligand binding and CYP1A induction patterns of paralogues AHR2, AHR1A and AHR1B...
- Persistent oxytetracycline exposure induces an inflammatory process that improves regenerative capacity in zebrafish larvaeFrancisco Barros-Becker
Departamento de Ciencias Biologicas, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidad Andres Bello, Santiago, Chile
PLoS ONE 7:e36827. 2012..In this work, we use the zebrafish to analyze quantitatively the effects of persistent exposure to oxytetracycline, the most common antibiotic used in fish farming...
- Cardiosulfa induces heart deformation in zebrafish through the AhR-mediated, CYP1A-independent pathwaySung Kyun Ko
Center for Biofunctional Molecules, Department of Chemistry, Yonsei University, 120 749 Seoul, Korea
Chembiochem 13:1483-9. 2012..However, the toxic effect of cardiosulfa is not alleviated by zfcyp1a-MO, a morpholino antisense oligo for cytochrome P450 1A (CYP1A), which is the most well-characterized gene of the ..
- Effects of the UV filter benzophenone-3 (oxybenzone) at low concentrations in zebrafish (Danio rerio)Nancy Blüthgen
School of Life Sciences, University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland, Gründenstrasse 40, CH 4132 Muttenz, Switzerland
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 263:184-94. 2012..Forthcoming studies should show whether this translates to additional physiological effects...
- Effects of short-term exposure to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin on microRNA expression in zebrafish embryosMatthew J Jenny
Biology Department, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 264:262-73. 2012..TCDD caused strong induction of CYP1A at 36hpf (62-fold) and 60hpf (135-fold) as determined by real-time RT-PCR, verifying the effectiveness of the ..
- Effect of in vivo chronic exposure to clotrimazole on zebrafish testis functionDamien Baudiffier
Direction des Risques Chroniques, Pôle VIVA, Unité d Ecotoxicologie in vitro et in vivo, INERIS, Parc Technologique ALATA, BP2, 60550 Verneuil en Halatte, France
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 20:2747-60. 2013..Our study demonstrated that clotrimazole is able to affect testicular physiology and raised further concern about the impact of clotrimazole on reproduction...
- Impact of environmental estrogens on nucleotide excision repair gene expression in embryonic zebrafishEmily G Notch
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 157:361-5. 2013..These differences between embryos and adults suggest that alteration of NER gene transcription by EE(2) is operating under different stimuli during development...
- Developmental effects of aerosols and coal burning particles in zebrafish embryosAlba Olivares
Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research IDÆA CSIC, Jordi Girona 18, 08034 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Environ Pollut 178:72-9. 2013..This sample induced deformities in zebrafish embryos. We concluded that the combination of morphological and molecular assays may detect embryonic toxic effects that cannot be predicted from chemical analyses or single-cell bioassays...
- cDNA cloning and expressions of cytochrome P450 1A in zebrafish embryosKoji Yamazaki
Department of Toxicology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University, Ebetsu, Hokkaido, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 64:829-33. 2002..We determined the complete cDNA sequence of a CYP1A open reading frame with both 5'- and 3'-ends in zebrafish (zfCYP1A), a useful model for environmental toxicology...
- Phenylthiourea as a weak activator of aryl hydrocarbon receptor inhibiting 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced CYP1A1 transcription in zebrafish embryoWen Der Wang
Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung 202 24, Taiwan, ROC
Biochem Pharmacol 68:63-71. 2004..AHR modulates the genetic activity of a variety of xenobiotic-responsive genes, including cytochrome P4501A1 (CYP1A1)...
- Constitutive and xenobiotics-induced expression of a novel CYP3A gene from zebrafish larvaHua Pin Tseng
Department of Life Science, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 205:247-58. 2005..These findings suggested that the AHR2 signaling pathway plays an essential role in CYP3A65 transcription...
- Identification of zebrafish ARNT1 homologs: 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin toxicity in the developing zebrafish requires ARNT1Amy L Prasch
Molecular and Environmental Toxicology Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA
Mol Pharmacol 69:776-87. 2006..Injection of the zfarnt1-MO before TCDD treatment significantly decreases the induction of zfCYP1A mRNA and protein...
- Altered gene expression: a mechanism for reproductive toxicity in zebrafish exposed to benzo[a]pyreneJennifer L Hoffmann
Center for Environmental Toxicology and Statistics, Department of Zoology, Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056, USA
Aquat Toxicol 78:332-40. 2006..Cytochrome P4501A1 (CYP1A1) was also measured in the liver and heads as an indicator of exposure to B[a]P...
- Comparative in vitro metabolism of benzo[a]pyrene by recombinant zebrafish CYP1A and liver microsomes from beta-naphthoflavone-treated rainbow troutC L Miranda
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Aquat Toxicol 80:101-8. 2006..7 and 0.94 nmol/min/nmol P450 for trout and zebrafish preparations, respectively. Like trout CYP1A1, cDNA-expressed zCYP1A was found to oxidize BaP to phenols, quinones and diols (BaP-7,8-diol and BaP-9,10-diol) in ..
- The effects of copper and benzo[a]pyrene on retinoids and reproduction in zebrafishDerek Alsop
Department of Integrative Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Aquat Toxicol 82:281-95. 2007..Specifically that dietary retinoids appear to support normal reproduction in the absence of internal retinoid stores...
- Basal and 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl-induced expression of cytochrome P450 1A, 1B and 1C genes in zebrafishMaria E Jönsson
Biology Department, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 221:29-41. 2007..showing that the amino acid sequence is 78% identical to CYP1C1, and examined gene structure and expression of CYP1A, CYP1B1, CYP1C1, and CYP1C2...
- 17alpha-Ethinylestradiol decreases expression of multiple hepatic nucleotide excision repair genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio)Emily G Notch
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Molecular Biology, University of Maine, 5735 Hitchner Hall, Orono, ME 04469, USA
Aquat Toxicol 84:301-9. 2007..by examining hepatic expression of two estrogen-responsive biomarkers, vitellogenin-1 and cytochrome P450-1A1 (CYP1A1)...
- Functional analysis of cis-regulatory regions within the dioxin-inducible CYP1A promoter/enhancer region from zebrafish (Danio rerio)Gary Zeruth
Division of Cell Biology, Microbiology and Molecular Biology, Department of Biology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33620, United States
Chem Biol Interact 170:100-13. 2007In vitro mutagenesis was utilized to render the various xenobiotic response elements (XREs) within the zebrafish CYP1A promoter/enhancer region non-functional either independently or in combination...
- Molecular targets of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) within the zebrafish ovary: insights into TCDD-induced endocrine disruption and reproductive toxicityTisha C King Heiden
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Reprod Toxicol 25:47-57. 2008..Data presented here provide further insight into the mechanisms by which TCDD disrupts follicular development and reproduction in fish, and can be used to formulate new hypotheses regarding previously documented ovarian toxicity...
- Synergistic induction of AHR regulated genes in developmental toxicity from co-exposure to two model PAHs in zebrafishAlicia R Timme-Laragy
Integrated Toxicology and Environmental Health Program, Nicholas School of the Environment and Earth Sciences, Duke University, Box 90328, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Aquat Toxicol 85:241-50. 2007..model, this toxicity is mediated by the aryl hydrocarbon receptor 2 (AHR2), and enhanced by inhibition of CYP1A activity...
- The role of cyp1a and heme oxygenase 1 gene expression for the toxicity of 3,4-dichloroaniline in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryosDoris Voelker
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research UFZ, Department of Cell Toxicology, Permoserstrasse 15, Leipzig, Germany
Aquat Toxicol 86:112-20. 2008..To evaluate the significance of two of the most sensitive genes, cytochrome P 450 1a (cyp1a) and heme oxygenase 1 (hmox1), for 3,4-DCA toxicity, RNA interference-mediated knockdown and overexpression ..
- Molecular multi-effect screening of environmental pollutants using the MolDarTAnja Liedtke
Eawag, Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, Environmental Toxicology, Ueberlandstrasse 133, 8600, Dubendorf, Switzerland
Environ Toxicol 23:59-67. 2008..The genes metallothionein 2 (mt2), cytochrome P450 1A1 (cyp1a1), and recombination activation gene 1 (rag1) are used as endpoints that describe detoxification/..
- Isolation and characterization of a dioxin-inducible CYP1A1 promoter/enhancer region from zebrafish (Danio rerio)Gary Zeruth
Department of Biology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33620, USA
Zebrafish 2:197-210. 2005To isolate the CYP1A1 promoter/enhancer from zebrafish, a PAC genomic library was screened with sequence derived from the 5'UTR of the zfCYP1A1 cDNA...
- Influence of TCDD on zebrafish CYP1B1 transcription during developmentHou Chu Yin
Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, Taiwan, ROC
Toxicol Sci 103:158-68. 2008..Because knockdown of CYP1B1 did not prevent TCDD-induced pericardial edema and cranial defects, it suggests that CYP1B1 is not involved in the developmental toxicity of dioxin...
- CYP1A/regucalcin gene expression and edema formation in zebrafish embryos exposed to 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxinY D Wu
Key Lab of Subtropical Agriculture and Environment, Ministry of Agriculture, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, People s Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 80:482-6. 2008..Mortality, heart rates, edema severity, CYP1A, and regucalcin gene expressions were investigated to study TCDD-induced toxicity in zebrafish during the early ..
- Molecular cloning of CYP1A gene and its expression by benzo(a)pyrene from goldfish (Carassius auratus)Seung Min Oh
College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, 300, Cheoncheondong, Jangan gu, Suwon, Gyeonggi do 440 746, Korea
Environ Toxicol 24:225-34. 2009We cloned and sequenced the cytochrome P450 1A (CYP1A) gene from goldfish (Carassius auratus). It has a 1581 bp open reading frame that encodes a 526 amino acid protein with a theoretical molecular weight of 59.02 kDa...
- PCB126 exposure disrupts zebrafish ventricular and branchial but not early neural crest developmentAdrian C Grimes
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology and Pathobiology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Toxicol Sci 106:193-205. 2008..HLHS is a severe congenital cardiovascular malformation that has previously been linked to industrial releases of dioxins and PCBs...
- Protective effects of vitamin E against 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl (PCB126) induced toxicity in zebrafish embryosYi Rang Na
Department of Laboratory Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine and KRF Zoonotic Disease Priority Research Institute, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 72:714-9. 2009..These data give insights into the use of vitamin E to reduce PCB126-mediated toxicity and into the use of zebrafish embryos for exploring mechanisms underlying the oxidative potential of AHR agonists...
- Characterization of housekeeping genes in zebrafish: male-female differences and effects of tissue type, developmental stage and chemical treatmentAmy T McCurley
Department of Biology, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
BMC Mol Biol 9:102. 2008....
- Cytochrome P450 1D1: a novel CYP1A-related gene that is not transcriptionally activated by PCB126 or TCDDJ V Goldstone
Biology Department, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 482:7-16. 2009..We identified a new CYP1, termed CYP1D1, in zebrafish. Phylogenetically, CYP1D1 is paralogous to CYP1A and the two share 45% amino acid identity and similar gene structure...
- 17alpha-Ethinylestradiol hinders nucleotide excision repair in zebrafish liver cellsEmily G Notch
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Molecular Biology, University of Maine 5735 Hitchner Hall, Orono, ME 04469, USA
Aquat Toxicol 95:273-8. 2009....
- Gene expression analysis in zebrafish embryos: a potential approach to predict effect concentrations in the fish early life stage testMirco Weil
ECT Oekotoxikologie, Flörsheim Main, Germany
Environ Toxicol Chem 28:1970-8. 2009..All tested compounds significantly affected the expression of at least one potential marker gene, with cyp1a and hmox1 being most sensitive...
- Hepatic and vascular mRNA expression in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) following exposure to benzo-a-pyrene and 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxinBrandie Bugiak
Toxicology Centre, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Aquat Toxicol 95:299-306. 2009..TCDD exposure significantly increased (p<or=0.05 in Tukey's posteriori test after 1-way ANOVA; n=4-6/group) CYP1A, CYP1C1, and COX-2b mRNA expression in hepatic tissue (105+/-21, 12+/-2, and 2+/-0...
- Wastewater treatment effluent alters nucleotide excision repair in zebrafish (Danio rerio)Emily G Notch
Biochemistry, Microbiology and Molecular Biology Department, University of Maine, 5735 Hitchner Hall, Orono, ME 04469, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 150:307-13. 2009..temporally within treatment plants when evaluated using a traditional biomarker, vitellogenin-1 (VTG) and, cytochrome p450 1A1 (CYP1A1) mRNA abundance...
- Inhibition of egg production in zebrafish by fluoxetine and municipal effluents: a mechanistic evaluationAndrea Lister
Department of Integrative Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1, Canada
Aquat Toxicol 95:320-9. 2009..significantly induced by all treatments of effluent, while EE(2) caused a reduction in the expression levels of CYP1A1, PXR, and CYP3A65...
- Distinct roles of two zebrafish AHR repressors (AHRRa and AHRRb) in embryonic development and regulating the response to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxinMatthew J Jenny
Biology Department, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, Massachusetts 02543, USA
Toxicol Sci 110:426-41. 2009..Zebrafish embryos exposed to TCDD (2 and 8nM) during early development showed strong induction of CYP1A, AHRRa, and AHRRb at 48 and 72 hours post-fertilization (hpf)...
- The tryptophan photoproduct 6-formylindolo[3,2-b]carbazole (FICZ) binds multiple AHRs and induces multiple CYP1 genes via AHR2 in zebrafishMaria E Jönsson
Biology Dept, Redfield 3 42, MS 32 Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Chem Biol Interact 181:447-54. 2009..the mammalian aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR), which it binds with high-affinity, inducing expression of cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1)...
- Growth and transcriptional effect of dietary 2,2',4,4'-tetrabromodiphenyl ether (PBDE-47) exposure in developing zebrafish (Danio rerio)Te Hao Chen
National Museum of Marine Biology and Aquarium, Pingtung, Taiwan, ROC
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 73:377-83. 2010..At 38 dph, half of the fish were sampled for body size measurements and gene expression analyzes (CYP1A1, VTG, TTR, D1, and TSH-beta). At 60 dph, body size was measured again for all fish remaining...
- Induction of cytochrome P450 1 genes and stress response genes in developing zebrafish exposed to ultraviolet radiationLars Behrendt
Biology Department, Redfield 352 MS 32, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, 45 Water Street, Woods Hole, MA 02543, USA
Aquat Toxicol 98:74-82. 2010..05 W/m(2); 29.5-144.6 kJ/m(2)) had moderately (2.4+/-0.8-fold) but significantly up-regulated levels of CYP1A. UVA alone had no effect on CYP1A expression...
- Effects of 3,4-dichloroaniline on expression of ahr2 and cyp1a1 in zebrafish adults and embryosYoshie Ito
Laboratory of Bioindustrial Informatics, Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 152:189-94. 2010Arylhydrocarbon receptor (Ahr) and cytochrome P4501a1 (Cyp1a1) are members of the Ahr/Cyp1a1 pathway that oxygenates various toxic chemicals including aryl hydrocarbons...
- Cytochrome P450-mediated 17beta-estradiol metabolism in zebrafish (Danio rerio)Marcus L Scornaienchi
Department of Biology, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S4K1
J Endocrinol 206:317-25. 2010..We have cloned and heterologously expressed CYP1A, CYP1B1, CYP1C1, CYP1C2, CYP1D1, and CYP3A65 from zebrafish (Danio rerio) to determine the CYP-mediated metabolism ..
- Activity of Phase I and Phase II enzymes of the benzo[a]pyrene transformation pathway in zebrafish (Danio rerio) following waterborne exposure to arseniteE David Thompson
Department of Biological Sciences, 204D Natural Science Center, Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, KY 41099, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 152:371-8. 2010..of B[a]P is a multi-step process requiring several Phase I and Phase II enzymes, notably cytochrome p450 1A (CYP1A), epoxide hydrolase (EH), and glutathione S-transferase (GST)...
- Phenotypic anchoring of gene expression after developmental exposure to aryl hydrocarbon receptor ligands in zebrafishBrandie J Bugiak
Toxicology Graduate Program, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Aquat Toxicol 99:423-37. 2010..Exposure to TCDD, BaP and ANF alone all significantly increased CYP1A mRNA expression, while only TCDD consistently increased CYP1C1 expression...
- miR-451 protects against erythroid oxidant stress by repressing 14-3-3zetaDuonan Yu
Division of Hematology, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genes Dev 24:1620-33. 2010..Our findings define a novel miRNA-regulated pathway that protects erythrocytes against oxidant stress, and, more generally, illustrate how a miRNA can influence gene expression by altering the activity of a key transcription factor...
- The anti-inflammatory drug leflunomide is an agonist of the aryl hydrocarbon receptorEdmond F O'Donnell
Cancer Research Laboratory, Environmental Health Sciences Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:. 2010..The AhR influences a variety of processes involved in cellular growth and differentiation, and recent studies have suggested that the AhR is a potential target for immune-mediated diseases...
- Mechanism of cytochrome P450 uncoupling and inactivationJARED GOLDSTONE; Fiscal Year: 2005..The mechanisms of CYP1A inactivation as a result of uncoupling will be investigating by determining the modification of the heme moiety ..
- 2008 Oceans and Human Health Gordon Research ConferenceJOHN STEGEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..The significance of the field is reflected by the support of Centers for Oceans and Human Health by the NIEHS and the National Science Foundation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..