Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: SIZ1
Description: E3 SUMO-protein ligase SIZ1
Alias: AT5G60420, ATSIZ1, MUF9.5, MUF9_5
Species: thale cress
- SIZ1-mediated sumoylation of ICE1 controls CBF3/DREB1A expression and freezing tolerance in ArabidopsisKenji Miura
Center for Plant Environmental Stress Physiology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 2010, USA
Plant Cell 19:1403-14. 2007b>SIZ1 is a SUMO E3 ligase that facilitates conjugation of SUMO to protein substrates...
- The Arabidopsis SUMO E3 ligase SIZ1 controls phosphate deficiency responsesKenji Miura
Center for Plant Environmental Stress Physiology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:7760-5. 2005..Herein, evidence establishes that AtSIZ1 is a plant small ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO) E3 ligase and is a focal controller of Pi starvation-dependent ..
- Sumoylation of ABI5 by the Arabidopsis SUMO E3 ligase SIZ1 negatively regulates abscisic acid signalingKenji Miura
Center for Plant Environmental Stress Physiology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:5418-23. 2009..This paper presents evidence that the SUMO E3 ligase SIZ1 negatively regulates abscisic acid (ABA) signaling, which is dependent on the bZIP transcripton factor ABI5...
- Arabidopsis SUMO E3 ligase SIZ1 is involved in excess copper toleranceChyi Chuann Chen
Agricultural Biotechnology Research Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan 11529
Plant Physiol 156:2225-34. 2011..Arabidopsis thaliana), several stress-responsive SUMO conjugations are mediated mainly by the SUMO E3 ligase SIZ1. In this study, we observed a phenotype of hypersensitivity to excess copper in the siz1-2 and siz1-3 mutants...
- Arabidopsis nitrate reductase activity is stimulated by the E3 SUMO ligase AtSIZ1Bong Soo Park
Department of Plant Science, Research Institute for Agriculture and Life Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 921, Korea
Nat Commun 2:400. 2011..The nitrate reductases, NIA1 and NIA2, are sumoylated by AtSIZ1, which dramatically increases their activity. Both sumoylated and non-sumoylated NIA1 and NIA2 can form dimers...
- Proteomic analyses identify a diverse array of nuclear processes affected by small ubiquitin-like modifier conjugation in ArabidopsisMarcus J Miller
Department of Genetics, 425 Henry Mall, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:16512-7. 2010..Taken together, we propose that SUMOylation represents a rapid and global mechanism for reversibly manipulating plant chromosomal functions, especially during environmental stress...
- Genetic analysis of SUMOylation in Arabidopsis: conjugation of SUMO1 and SUMO2 to nuclear proteins is essentialScott A Saracco
Department of Genetics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706 1574, USA
Plant Physiol 145:119-34. 2007..This increase involves SUMO1 and SUMO2 and is mainly driven by the SUMO protein ligase SIZ1, with most of the conjugates accumulating in the nucleus...
- Mutation in SUMO E3 ligase, SIZ1, disrupts the mature female gametophyte in ArabidopsisYu Ling
Key Laboratory of Plant Molecular Physiology, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e29470. 2012..Previous reports found that the small ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO) E3 ligase, SIZ1, participated in many processes depending on particular target substrates and suppression of salicylic acid (SA) ..
- SIZ1 small ubiquitin-like modifier E3 ligase facilitates basal thermotolerance in Arabidopsis independent of salicylic acidChan Yul Yoo
Center for Plant Environmental Stress Physiology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
Plant Physiol 142:1548-58. 2006..b>SIZ1 is a SUMO E3 ligase that facilitates SUMO conjugation to substrate target proteins (sumoylation) in Arabidopsis (..
- Specific domain structures control abscisic acid-, salicylic acid-, and stress-mediated SIZ1 phenotypesMi Sun Cheong
Division of Applied Life Science Brain Korea 21 Program, PMBBRC, EB NCRC, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju City 660 701, Korea
Plant Physiol 151:1930-42. 2009b>SIZ1 (for yeast SAP and MIZ1) encodes the sole ortholog of mammalian PIAS (for protein inhibitor of activated STAT) and yeast SIZ SUMO (for small ubiquitin-related modifier) E3 ligases in Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana)...
- The SUMO E3 ligase, AtSIZ1, regulates flowering by controlling a salicylic acid-mediated floral promotion pathway and through affects on FLC chromatin structureJing Bo Jin
Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2010, USA
Plant J 53:530-40. 2008Loss-of-function siz1 mutations caused early flowering under short days. siz1 plants have elevated salicylic acid (SA) levels, which are restored to wild-type levels by expressing nahG, bacterial salicylate hydroxylase...
- SIZ1 controls cell growth and plant development in Arabidopsis through salicylic acidKenji Miura
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 51:103-13. 2010..Previously, we demonstrated that the siz1 mutant, which is impaired in SUMO E3 ligase, showed a dwarf-like shoot phenotype with accumulation of salicylic ..
- Salicylic acid-mediated innate immunity in Arabidopsis is regulated by SIZ1 SUMO E3 ligaseJiyoung Lee
Division of Applied Life Science BK21 program, Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnolgy Research Center and Environmental Biotechnology National Core Research Center, Graduate School of Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Korea
Plant J 49:79-90. 2007..Yet little is known about the function of sumoylation in plants. Here, we show that the SIZ1 gene, which encodes an Arabidopsis SUMO E3 ligase, regulates innate immunity...
- The PHD domain of plant PIAS proteins mediates sumoylation of bromodomain GTE proteinsMario Garcia-Dominguez
Centro Andaluz de Biología Molecular y Medicina Regenerativa Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas Universidad de Sevilla, Seville, Spain
J Biol Chem 283:21469-77. 2008..We have studied the Arabidopsis SUMO ligase AtSIZ1, belonging to the PIAS family, and describe self-sumoylation and AtSIZ1-mediated sumoylation of the E2 enzyme ..
- SIZ1, a small ubiquitin-related modifier ligase, controls cold signaling through regulation of salicylic acid accumulationKenji Miura
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Initiative for the Promotion of Young Scientists Independent Research, University of Tsukuba, Gene Research Center 220, 1 1 1 Ten nou dai, Tsukuba 305 8572, Japan
J Plant Physiol 167:555-60. 2010..The SA-accumulating mutant siz1 exhibits sensitivity to chilling and freezing conditions and decreased expression of DREB1A/CBF3 and its regulon ..
- The Arabidopsis E3 SUMO ligase SIZ1 regulates plant growth and drought responsesRafael Catala
Laboratory of Plant Molecular Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Plant Cell 19:2952-66. 2007..SUMO E3 ligase functions are executed by SIZ1/SIZ2 and Mms21 in yeast, the PIAS family members RanBP2, and Pc2 in human...
- Sumoylation of transcription factor MYB30 by the small ubiquitin-like modifier E3 ligase SIZ1 mediates abscisic acid response in Arabidopsis thalianaYuan Zheng
State Key Laboratory of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:12822-7. 2012..A K283R substitution in MYB30 blocks its SUMO E3 ligase SIZ1-mediated sumoylation in Arabidopsis protoplasts, indicating that MYB30 is sumoylated by SIZ1 and that K283 is the ..
- Arabidopsis SIZ1 positively regulates alternative respiratory bypass pathwaysBong Soo Park
Department of Plant Science, Research Institute for Agriculture and Life Sciences, and Plant Genomics and Breeding Institute, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 921, Korea
BMB Rep 45:342-7. 2012..These results indicate that low nitrate reductase activity due to the AtSIZ1 mutation is correlated with an overall decrease in alternative respiration and with a low carbohydrate content to ..
- Effect of Cu content on the activity of Cu/ZnSOD1 in the Arabidopsis SUMO E3 ligase siz1 mutantChyi Chuann Chen
Agricultural Biotechnology Research Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Plant Signal Behav 6:1428-30. 2011..we found copper (Cu) accumulated to a higher level in the aerial parts of soil-grown plants of the SUMO E3 ligase siz1 mutant than in those of the wild type...
- Increased tolerance to salt stress in the phosphate-accumulating Arabidopsis mutants siz1 and pho2Kenji Miura
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, 305 8572, Japan
Planta 234:1191-9. 2011..We report here that mutations in SIZ1 or PHO2, which cause more accumulation of phosphate compared with the wild type, enhance tolerance to salt stress...
- MMS21/HPY2 and SIZ1, two Arabidopsis SUMO E3 ligases, have distinct functions in developmentTakashi Ishida
RIKEN Plant Science Center, Tsurumi, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e46897. 2012..reported in yeast and animals, but only two types of E3 ligases have been identified in Arabidopsis: SAP and Miz 1 (SIZ1) and Methyl Methanesulfonate-Sensitivity protein 21 (MMS21)/HIGH PLOIDY 2 (HPY2), hereafter referred to as HPY2...
- A J-like protein influences fatty acid composition of chloroplast lipids in ArabidopsisImad Ajjawi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e25368. 2011..These results provide a starting point for future investigations of how mutations in CJD1 affect lipid composition...
- SIZ1 regulation of phosphate starvation-induced root architecture remodeling involves the control of auxin accumulationKenji Miura
Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba 305 8572, Japan
Plant Physiol 155:1000-12. 2011..Previously, we reported that the Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) SUMO E3 ligase SIZ1 regulates root architecture remodeling in response to Pi limitation; namely, the siz1 mutations cause the ..