Gene Symbol: MUR3
Description: Exostosin family protein
Alias: AtMUR3, F11A3.8, F11A3_8, KAM1, KATAMARI 1, MURUS 3, RSA3, SHORT ROOT IN SALT MEDIUM 3
Species: thale cress
- Mutants of Arabidopsis thaliana with altered cell wall polysaccharide compositionW D Reiter
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs 06269, USA
Plant J 12:335-45. 1997..Mutants with reductions in a single monosaccharide have been identified for fucose (mur2, mur3), arabinose (mur4, mur5, mur6, mur7), and rhamnose (mur8)...
- Rapid structural phenotyping of plant cell wall mutants by enzymatic oligosaccharide fingerprintingOlivier Lerouxel
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 6037, Institute Federative de Recherche Multidisciplinaire sur les Peptides 23, University of Rouen, 76821 Mont Saint Aignan, France
Plant Physiol 130:1754-63. 2002..All three techniques are able to identify structural alterations of wall xyloglucans in mur1, mur2, and mur3, which in comparison with the wild type have side chain defects in their xyloglucan structure...
- The MUR3 gene of Arabidopsis encodes a xyloglucan galactosyltransferase that is evolutionarily related to animal exostosinsMichael Madson
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 1155, USA
Plant Cell 15:1662-70. 2003Xyloglucans are the principal glycans that interlace cellulose microfibrils in most flowering plants. The mur3 mutant of Arabidopsis contains a severely altered structure of this polysaccharide because of the absence of a conserved alpha-..
- KATAMARI1/MURUS3 Is a novel golgi membrane protein that is required for endomembrane organization in ArabidopsisKentaro Tamura
Department of Botany, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Plant Cell 17:1764-76. 2005..In this study, we isolated and characterized an Arabidopsis thaliana mutant, katamari1 (kam1), which has a defect in the organization of endomembranes and actin filaments...
- A bi-functional xyloglucan galactosyltransferase is an indispensable salt stress tolerance determinant in ArabidopsisWenbo Li
College of Life Sciences, Beijing Normal University, Beijing 100875, China
Mol Plant 6:1344-54. 2013..cloning showed that RSA3 encodes a xyloglucan galactosyltransferase, which is allelic to a gene previously named MUR3/KAM1...
- A reversible Renilla luciferase protein complementation assay for rapid identification of protein-protein interactions reveals the existence of an interaction network involved in xyloglucan biosynthesis in the plant Golgi apparatusChristian H Lund
University of Copenhagen, Department of Plant Biology and Biotechnology, Frederiksberg, DK 1871, Denmark
J Exp Bot 66:85-97. 2015..Our results show that Rluc-PCA coupled with transient expression in N. benthamiana is a fast and versatile method suitable for analysis of PPIs between Golgi resident proteins in an easy and mid-throughput fashion in planta. ..
- Protein-protein interactions among xyloglucan-synthesizing enzymes and formation of Golgi-localized multiprotein complexesYi Hsiang Chou
Roy J Carver Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Plant Cell Physiol 56:255-67. 2015..CSLC4 (cellulose synthase-like C4), three xylosyltransferases (XXT1, XXT2 and XXT5), two galactosyltransferases (MUR3 and XLT2) and the fucosyltransferase FUT1...
- Galactose-depleted xyloglucan is dysfunctional and leads to dwarfism in ArabidopsisYingzhen Kong
Complex Carbohydrate Research Center Y K, M J P, U A, S P, S T T, M G H, A G D, W S Y, M A O, Department of Plant Biology M G H, and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology A G D, W S Y, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602 Tobacco Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Qingdao, Shandong 266101, China Y K United States Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory L R, F B and United States Department of Energy Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center F B, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824 andDepartment of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269 X L, W d R
Plant Physiol 167:1296-306. 2015..we show that Arabidopsis (Arabidopsis thaliana) mutants devoid of the F side chain galactosyltransferase MURUS3 (MUR3) form xyloglucan that lacks F side chains and contains much less galactosylated xylose than its wild-type ..
- Characterization of Arabidopsis mur3 mutations that result in constitutive activation of defence in petioles, but not leavesJennifer D Tedman-Jones
Sainsbury Laboratory, John Innes Centre, Colney Lane, Norwich, Norfolk NR47UH, UK
Plant J 56:691-703. 2008..cie1, which carries two point mutations in a gene required for cell wall biosynthesis and actin organization, MUR3. A mur3 knockout mutant also resists infection by H...