Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GRF6
Description: G-box regulating factor 6
Alias: 14-3-3 PROTEIN G-BOX FACTOR14 LAMBDA, 14-3-3LAMBDA, 14-3-3lambda, AFT1, F12B17.200, F12B17_200, G-box regulating factor 6, GF14 LAMBDA
Species: thale cress
- An essential role for 14-3-3 proteins in brassinosteroid signal transduction in ArabidopsisSrinivas S Gampala
Department of Plant Biology, Carnegie Institution, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Dev Cell 13:177-89. 2007..This study demonstrates that multiple mechanisms are required for BR regulation of gene expression and plant growth...
- TPK1, a Ca(2+)-regulated Arabidopsis vacuole two-pore K(+) channel is activated by 14-3-3 proteinsA Latz
Department of Molecular Plant Physiology and Biophysics, Julius von Sachs Institute, Biocenter, University of Wurzburg, Julius von Sachs Platz 2, 97082 Wurzburg, Germany
Plant J 52:449-59. 2007..Following in planta expression TPK1 and GRF6 co-localize at the vacuolar membrane...
- The role of a 14-3-3 protein in stomatal opening mediated by PHOT2 in ArabidopsisTong Seung Tseng
Department of Plant Biology, Carnegie Institution for Science, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Plant Cell 24:1114-26. 2012..The results highlight the strict specificity of phototropin-mediated signal transduction pathways...
- 14-3-3 λ protein interacts with ADF1 to regulate actin cytoskeleton dynamics in ArabidopsisShuangshuang Zhao
Key Laboratory of Plant Stress, Life Science College, Shandong Normal University, Jinan, 250014, China
Sci China Life Sci 58:1142-50. 2015..Consistent with these observations, the actin filaments were more stable in 14-3-3 λ mutant. Our results indicate that 14-3-3 λ protein mediates F-actin dynamics possibly through inhibiting ADF1 phosphorylation in vivo. ..
- Light modulated activity of root alkaline/neutral invertase involves the interaction with 14-3-3 proteinsJing Gao
Department of Structural Biology, Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1085, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Plant J 80:785-96. 2014..The nature of the light-induced signal that travels from the shoot to root and the question whether this signal is transmitted via cytosolic Ca(++) changes that activate calcium-dependent kinases, await further study...
- Dimerization of Arabidopsis 14-3-3 proteins: structural requirements within the N-terminal domain and effect of calciumD Abarca
Departamento de Mejora Genética y Biotecnología, INIA, Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 462:377-82. 1999..Millimolar concentrations of calcium exert a negative, dose-dependent effect that involves the C-terminal domain of RCI14A and might modulate interactions with other cellular components or among Arabidopsis 14-3-3 isoforms...
- Higher order Arabidopsis 14-3-3 mutants show 14-3-3 involvement in primary root growth both under control and abiotic stress conditionsP J M van Kleeff
Faculty of Earth and Life Sciences, Department of Structural Biology, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1085, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Exp Bot 65:5877-88. 2014....
- Phosphorylation of Arabidopsis ubiquitin ligase ATL31 is critical for plant carbon/nitrogen nutrient balance response and controls the stability of 14-3-3 proteinsShigetaka Yasuda
From the Faculty of Science and Graduate School of Life Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0810, Japan and
J Biol Chem 289:15179-93. 2014..Together, these results demonstrate that the physiological role of phosphorylation at 14-3-3 binding sites on ATL31 is to modulate the binding ability and stability of 14-3-3 proteins to control plant C/N-nutrient response. ..
- Negative feedback control of jasmonate signaling by an alternative splice variant of JAZ10Javier E Moreno
Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
Plant Physiol 162:1006-17. 2013..4 links transcription factors to a corepressor complex and suggest how JA-induced transcription and alternative splicing of JAZ10 premessenger RNA creates a regulatory circuit to attenuate JA responses...
- PP2A activates brassinosteroid-responsive gene expression and plant growth by dephosphorylating BZR1Wenqiang Tang
Institute of Molecular Cell Biology, College of Life Science, Hebei Normal University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei, China
Nat Cell Biol 13:124-31. 2011....
- The Arabidopsis F-box protein AtFBS1 interacts with 14-3-3 proteinsEdgar Sepúlveda-García
Departamento de Biologia Molecular de Plantas, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Apdo Postal 510 3, Cuernavaca, Mor, 62250, Mexico
Plant Sci 195:36-47. 2012..AICAR also affects Cullin1 (CUL1) modification by RUB1, which would provide an additional element to the effect of this compound on AtFBS1 stability...
- Arabidopsis 14-3-3 lambda is a positive regulator of RPW8-mediated disease resistanceXiaohua Yang
Center for Biosystems Research, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Plant J 60:539-50. 2009..The results from this study suggest that GF14lambda may positively regulate the RPW8.2 resistance function and play a role in enhancing basal resistance in Arabidopsis...
- Cloning and expression of an Arabidopsis gene encoding a putative peroxisomal ascorbate peroxidaseH Zhang
Department of Biological Sciences, Texas Tech University, Lubbock 79409, USA
Plant Mol Biol 34:967-71. 1997An Arabidopsis 14-3-3 protein, AFT1, was used as a 'bait' in the two-hybrid system to identify its interacting proteins. One of the candidate proteins, APX3, was identified as a putative peroxisomal membrane-bound ascorbate peroxidase...
- Interaction specificity of Arabidopsis 14-3-3 proteins with phototropin receptor kinasesStuart Sullivan
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Faculty of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
FEBS Lett 583:2187-93. 2009..No 14-3-3 binding was detected for Arabidopsis phot2, suggesting that 14-3-3 proteins are specific to phot1 signalling...
- The Arabidopsis SERK1 protein interacts with the AAA-ATPase AtCDC48, the 14-3-3 protein GF14lambda and the PP2C phosphatase KAPPIngrid M Rienties
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Agrotechnology and Food Sciences, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Dreijenlaan 3, 6703, HA, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Planta 221:394-405. 2005..In yeast, AtCDC48 interacts with GF14lambda and with the PP2C phosphatase KAPP. In plant protoplasts AtSERK1 interacts with GF14lambda...
- Interaction of a plant 14-3-3 protein with the signal peptide of a thylakoid-targeted chloroplast precursor protein and the presence of 14-3-3 isoforms in the chloroplast stromaP C Sehnke
Program in Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology, Department of Horticultural Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32611, USA
Plant Physiol 122:235-42. 2000..These isoforms represent two distinct phylogenetic 14-3-3 groupings. These data suggest a novel interorganellar role for these phylogenetically distinct 14-3-3 proteins...
- Ser-534 in the hinge 1 region of Arabidopsis nitrate reductase is conditionally required for binding of 14-3-3 proteins and in vitro inhibitionK Kanamaru
Department of Biology, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0116, USA
J Biol Chem 274:4160-5. 1999....
- An Arabidopsis gene encoding a putative 14-3-3-interacting protein, caffeic acid/5-hydroxyferulic acid O-methyltransferaseH Zhang
Department of Biological Sciences, Texas Tech University, Lubbock 79409, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1353:199-202. 1997b>AFT1, a 14-3-3 protein from Arabidopsis thaliana, was used as a 'bait' in the two-hybrid system to identify its interacting proteins...